PDA

View Full Version : PEN-Peninsula minerals-Uranium,gold

Pages : 1 [2]

asc4
24-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Capital Raising

JBmurc
24-03-2010, 12:29 PM
PEN just gone into a- trading halt- ?? glad to still be holding a few --damm house deposit

I hoping it a major investor coming on board

Takeover?? 6c-7c? not getting mine

Whatever it is it's something major

Cap raising? don't they have a 50mill bank credit ava

marknz88
24-03-2010, 12:59 PM
We have the YAGlobal 50mil equity but I think they would rather cap raise to a party that will be willing to hold longer term hopefully.

Not too happy on the extra dillution, must be approaching that 2billion shares mark soon. Hope Gus has changed his mind about a consolidation.

drillfix
24-03-2010, 01:02 PM
We have the YAGlobal 50mil equity but I think they would rather cap raise to a party that will be willing to hold longer term hopefully.

Not too happy on the extra dillution, must be approaching that 2billion shares mark soon. Hope Gus has changed his mind about a consolidation.

Sheezus Mark, 2 Billion shares, I thought they had just over 1 Billion +

Your not wrong about some the controlling short term traders, they are ruthless.

JBmurc
24-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Take going round is a likely placement to a utility firm or from another major U308

PEN have 1.367bill shares an 360mill opt

I have put it to PEN's company secretary Jonathan Whyte - in person to do a consolidation of their shares 10:1 years ago he said he'll bring it up at the next board meeting
but like what he said an other PEN shareholders on HC etc is that it wouldn't matter to the way the companies shares are treated which IMHO is complete bollocks
If PEN only had 136mill shares outstanding an 36mill opts I'm sure it would be better structure the shares for one would trade at 47c not 4.7c many novice investors see low SP as risk ,just as they see 1.3bill+ shares as a bad sign for looking to shareholders for cash..

marknz88
24-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Sheezus Mark, 2 Billion shares, I thought they had just over 1 Billion +

Your not wrong about some the controlling short term traders, they are ruthless.

1.37bill + ~150mil options come June (now unlikely to be converted if a generic cap raising) means they are getting close haha. I should also have noted that they will be approaching 2bill after this capital raising (not currently) :)

Yes the talk over on HC is interesting. Im going with generic Hartleys CR but very happy to be proven wrong ;)

edit// If it was actually going to be for a placement, would the coy still use the term capital raising in the trading halt? or would it say placement to institutional/sophisticated investor? Trying to cast my mind back to any examples of coys that I am aware of that have made a placement to a cornerstone investor over the last few years to check wording.

drillfix
24-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I would imagine it depends on how quickly they need or want to get the funds.

Depending on how cashed up they are will most likely give you your answer~!

JBmurc
24-03-2010, 06:52 PM
they have 6.5mill still in the bank + 50mil equity line -would think they'd what to cap raise till the SP is higher once the JORC is done

drillfix
24-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Wouldn't that depend on how many actual mates management have JB :P

JBmurc
24-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't that depend on how many actual mates management have JB :P
you taking bout the insider buying Drillfix-have seen this in many shares I follow PEN was going nowhere to only days before trading from 4.2c-4.7c then on time --advancing JORC announcement-- then trading halt
ACB did the same-CFE also tuned only days before -major ann. etc etc

can't all be just coincidental

tobo
25-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Cap Raising or Placement, either way, was already know about 1 day earlier when they decided to put out ann that Recovery rates were better and JORC would be sooner.
They (surely) would have expected THAT ann to cause the sp to rise quite a bit, before locking in the halt.
Too late to heavily influence VWAP, so why do it 1 day before?
I suppose it builds a little momentum going into, oh I don't know, say a SSP, but timing does not make sense in relation to cash on hand and sp would be so much better after JORC (which we now know is sooner), so if a Placement, must be something opportune that has been offered.
So I am going with a Placement with a 'useful' party.

Although I do see the potential/possibility of shares for mates, I will not jump to that conclusion yet because of my confidence in management. [Have not got my head around how many crooks there are running ASX small caps after seeing some shockers (some of them have a little of my money, along with a conniving New York taxi driver and a New York music promotor.)

Holding and can't believe I got more at 4.2 last week

drillfix
25-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Well, by no means am I an expert on PEN politics or all fundamentals, but when a company brings out and Ann like they did, and even I thought it was a really good ann, sweet news for the market, sweet news for shareholders, and then it suddenly falls back the way it has done/did, what exactly does this mean in reference to a Placement, everything to me doesn't quite add up. Which doesn't make it bad or anything, just suss, thats all.

Heck, as I say, I nearly bought in myself because of it~! Only to see relentless selling which was enough for me to pull my order and fortunately for me (I think) I had been quick enough to get the order out as had I left it another 5 seconds, I would have been in at 5.1c thinking to myself 2 minutes later........WTF

To me PEN is a calculated swing trade where you can Technically see the time frames of when to get in, and when to get out. Though I am reluctant to enter only knowing that there is a Higher Force that continually controls "when" and "how much" the stock can move to.

Hope this makes sense.

JBmurc
25-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I think I might be glad to have sold half my holding even at the stupid low price of 4.2c(paid 1.6c) need money for building new pad

impacman
25-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Just released. $5m (125m shares) to Hartleys friends at 4c with 1 free attaching option (PENOA) for every 4 new shares. $5m to existing SH - 1 share for every 11 held on same terms as Hartleys placement. To help expediate the Lance and Karoo projects.

Cheers,

I-man

marknz88
25-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Not hugely impressed. Would rather they did a larger cap raising now to help build a stronger register via shaking the weak hands out. Now we face another cap raising within a years time on top of utilising the 50 mil equity line.

Im undecided as to whether I will participate in the cap raising as I'm already over exposed with PEN...I may look to pick up some after if price drops below 4c.

JBmurc
25-03-2010, 08:53 PM
yeah I haven't got any spare funds for PEN cap is the SH offer underwritten by Hartleys aswell?

marknz88
25-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Highlights
• Peninsula has committed to raise up to $10 million through a placement and non- renounceable rights issue to fund the development and exploration of its uranium projects in Wyoming, USA and South Africa.
• The placement has been made to institutional clients of Hartleys Limited and will raise $5 million through the issues of 125 million ordinary shares at an issue price of 4 cents per share. Each share has one (1) free attaching listed (PENOA) option exercisable at 3 cents on or before 30 June 2012 for every four (4) new shares issued pursuant to the Placement.
• All current shareholders will be given the opportunity to participate in the capital raising on the same terms as the placement, through a non-renounceable rights issue on a 1:11 basis to raise up to $5 million.

Eligible Shareholders who hold shares as at the Record Date of 7 April 2010 will be able to participate in the Rights Issue. Shares issued pursuant to the Placement will not be entitled to participate in the Rights Issue. The Rights Issue is not underwritten and the directors reserve the right to place any
shortfall pursuant to the Rights Issue. An Offer Document in relation to the Rights Issue will be mailed to eligible shareholders on 9 April 2010.

tobo
26-03-2010, 01:30 PM
SSP 1/11th effect, but seems to have locked things straight onto 4.5c.

4.5c gets you (for 4c) 1/11th of 1 share (sp4.5) + 1/4 of an OA option (sp 2.8/4 = 0.7c) = 5.2c
5.2-4.5 = 0.7
x 1/11 effect = not much

How long will it be stuck on 4.5?

impacman
13-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Pen released initial JORC this morning. 4m indicated and 11.1m inferred. Potential for further 60 - 80m. Will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

impacman
13-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Definitely not setting the SP on fire.

Caesius
13-04-2010, 12:31 PM
There's some trust issues with this company am I right?

Oh, and the endless supply of sellers...

marknz88
13-04-2010, 07:29 PM
There's some trust issues with this company am I right?

Oh, and the endless supply of sellers...

There are no trust issues with the company...they have delivered everything they have stated they would either on time or far earlier than expected (JORC was initially due in June)

Now PEN years ago used to be in gold, so there may still be some stigma surrounding the old coy as well, but I have no problems with management at all.

Endless supply of sellers on the other hand is a problem with a company that has over 1billion shares on issue and no major cornerstone investors.

Will be an interesting 2 year ride to production to see if my patience and research skills will pay out in dividends.

JBmurc
13-04-2010, 10:20 PM
There are no trust issues with the company...they have delivered everything they have stated they would either on time or far earlier than expected (JORC was initially due in June)

Now PEN years ago used to be in gold, so there may still be some stigma surrounding the old coy as well, but I have no problems with management at all.

Endless supply of sellers on the other hand is a problem with a company that has over 1billion shares on issue and no major cornerstone investors.

Will be an interesting 2 year ride to production to see if my patience and research skills will pay out in dividends.

Yeah I agree PEN going to be a few more months before it really shines --I said time n time again about getting the shares consolidation PEN down to a couple 100mill would be a great thing (even pushed the point in person with company sec)

A great comparison IMHO is another U308 explorer ACB
--- both ACB & PEN command similar Market caps 58mill to 66mill

-- ACB has 158mt of U308 grade-low -158ppm --PEN 15mt now 80mt+ likely -high grade 510ppm

both could well double their resources as they command A grade tenements

--ACB focus is in Botswana-- PEN in the States

-ACB has a tight register --PEN loose as with near on 2bill shares

-ACB will use open cut mine --PEN----- ISR--------

-ACB hardly gets noticed by the hypers has major holders on the register PEN-very little majors -day traders rule-Rampers love esp. on hotcopper

--I really like both an IMHO ACB is more likely a takeover target from the Chinese well worth keeping an eye on both

More than happy if someone with a Hotcopper account would post this over there am banned for posting WTF? would stir up the hypers :)

marknz88
14-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Posted for you JBmurc :)

impacman
14-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Posted for you JBmurc :)

Beat me to it - good stuff.

JBmurc
14-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice Cross ramp which imo only makes pen even better. Cannot compare the Pen. this company is Botswana not Woyoming USA which actually has infrastructure and has a sp 10 times that of pen and a totally different mining process method.

ACB Have actually have only infered resource and not produced a JORC ACG(ACB ya $%%^) are exagerating the extent of their resources by using a much lower U cut of grade. DYOR and compare PENs.

You do the figures
Exploration Target size of 100 million lbs of U3O8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1-if ACB U308 is so poor why has China Growth Minerals Increased Shareholding
to 16.07%(PEN has no major holders yet) ACB top20 hold-46% ACB only has -162m shares outstanding 9mill cash at the bank---PEN near 2billion
#2-Fact ACB Project has best address in Africa with low political risk and excellent
infrastructure already in place
#3-Global Mineral Resource (inferred and Indicated) compiled in accordance with JORC 463 Mt@ 154ppm for 158 Mlbs U308 (this could well double)
#4-Currently the Obama Government are looking at increasing taxes on resource producers in the US
(Botswana - Africa’s most stable country -not going be hard to get a good workforce an government behind the world's 12th largest U308 discovery)
Don't get me wrong PEN will do well but the Argnorance an amount of some of the HC rampers is really amazing an the only reason I can think of is the fact cause theres so many shares outstanding the bigtimer investors that hold PEN don't need a huge amount of cash to hold 1,000,000 shares an think if they ramp they hit $1

drillfix
14-04-2010, 10:28 AM
More than happy if someone with a Hotcopper account would post this over there am banned for posting WTF? would stir up the hypers :)

Join the club HC.

Is your ban a permanent one or temporary?

There is a new pose of moderators now, all whom which are day traders. If you say one thing bad about a stock they hold then out you go, let alone saying WTF about a situation that warrants questions.

JBmurc
14-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Join the club HC.

Is your ban a permanent one or temporary?

There is a new pose of moderators now, all whom which are day traders. If you say one thing bad about a stock they hold then out you go, let alone saying WTF about a situation that warrants questions.

Yeah the moderators are very sensitive I got a temp ban for doing a post on ROC latest Ann ---as In ROC's Ann they stated that everyone working for ROC is only 1 in 160-talk about a big------- up yours--- from the top brass to shareholders the fact ROC has lost 115m in exploration an paid way to much for BMG which had no-where the reserves they said it did,Then take not one oz of blame for the SP sliding to a 10 yr low 3.50c-35c then to top it off they pay themselves bonuses an top wages WTF

Cannibal
14-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe it is not what you said, but the way that you said it -

User was Temporarily Suspended (7 days) on 12/04/10 17:22 for this Post:
The use of profanity (abusive or vulgar language) on the HotCopper forum is not tolerated

Nice!

drillfix
14-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Then take not one oz of blame for the SP sliding to a 10 yr low 3.50c-35c then to top it off they pay themselves bonuses an top wages WTF

Agree 100% JB, if it were me, Off with their Heads and throw them into the shark pond for food.

WTF is not profanity, it is an expression. The mods didnt't want you to strut on their buy orders or potential profits, thats is what HC all about.

shasta
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Agree 100% JB, if it were me, Off with their Heads and throw them into the shark pond for food.

WTF is not profanity, it is an expression. The mods didnt't want you to strut on their buy orders or potential profits, thats is what HC all about.

PEN - Further High Grade Results

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PEN&E=ASX&N=490945

With Uranium lagging behind the other metals/minerals, im following ACB & PEN in the U308 sector

asc4
18-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Gee PEN has had a hard time of it of late. Closed at 3.3 yesterday. That's 0.7c under the capital raising (and you got oppies with those). Pre-feasibility study due this month. It will have to be bloody good to make it crack its downtrend.

The price of uranium and macro effects are taking its toll. Hope it isn't related someone knowing the PFS aint too flash, the dump yesterday was on a higher volume than of late.

It's an ISR operation so surely a PFS will be better than most mining ops at the current price.

Just glad I didn't participate in the cap raising.

Anyone got some thoughts on this?

The thread on Hotcopper has become riduculous, its hard to find a quality post amongst all the name-calling and childish crap, thought it mite be a bit more constructive here!!

JBmurc
18-05-2010, 12:13 PM
yes HC posters on PEN are mostly made up of hypers -Fact of the matter IMHO is PEN is a long term play U308 prices will go well north in 2012+ there's going to be to much demand an not enough new supply to meet all the new Nuclear plants being built worldwide. PEN is IMHO getting hit as they will not start production for awhile..
April 2010: initial JORC compliant resource at Lance
May 2010: pre-feasibility study completed
Dec 2010: 15mlbs+ JORC compliant indicated resource
Dec 2010: submit final licence application
Jan 2011: full feasibility study completed
Feb 2011: decision to mine
Mar 2012: yellowcake production commences at the
Ross Project

-Some real positive in PEN of late is the fact they raised 100% of the funds they were after in the SPP now that wouldn't happen if they didn't have a good assets(the MD has also put his money where his mouth is in the past)
they now have 14mill in cash an Equity*Facility of 50mill so should be able to get to the final Feasibility JORC an maybe even some of the ISR plant started before needed to raise more funds most likely they will get a J.V from a Nuclear plant that wants their U308 in the USA an is willing to loan or invest in PEN for the right of a production contract etc

- they keep hitting highs grades of U308 in their permits which should continue

asc4
18-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for that JB,

Yeah I think licencing will be the real big announcement for me, it is a big de-risker.
That is an interesting idea with the JV with a nuclear Power plant, would that be the same as a 'take off agreement'?

JBmurc
18-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for that JB,

Yeah I think licencing will be the real big announcement for me, it is a big de-risker.
That is an interesting idea with the JV with a nuclear Power plant, would that be the same as a 'take off agreement'?
yeah i guess it all depends on timing if the U308 prices starts to move sooner an there's local nuclear plants looking for forward supplies the likes of PEN could well have them knocking on the door looking to help get the plant running sooner...time will tell

I could see the reason why a local US Nuclear plant would what to take a major stake in PEN to get a seat on the board etc the amount of money to build a plant alone would make good sense to have a good relationship with a producer for the feedstock

tobo
19-05-2010, 06:49 AM
...PEN is IMHO getting hit as they will not start production for awhile...
April 2010: initial JORC compliant resource at Lance
May 2010: pre-feasibility study completed
Dec 2010: 15mlbs+ JORC compliant indicated resource
Dec 2010: submit final licence application
Jan 2011: full feasibility study completed
Feb 2011: decision to mine
June 2011 : last exercise of PENOA for 6c
Mar 2012: yellowcake production commences at the Ross Project.

By that time, I see the main outstanding risked item as the licence. From memory that is expected to take 12 months to process, so there may or may not be some sort of preliminary indictation of progress (likelyhood of success) by June.
PEN have been nursing this along already, with preliminary meetings, and of course PEN's licence consultants that do the application would be of the view that "of course it will succeed eventually, just a matter of documenting all the issues adequately".

ToBo
PEN, PENOA, others

JBmurc
06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Cheap buying for a long term hold will reward for those that have patience
-- There are 436 nuclear plants operating around the world (104 in the US) with another 500 plants on the drawing boards
-- China is building some 10 plants a year for the next 20 years.
Currently the industry consumes 180 million lbs of uranium a year, 50 million lbs more than the world produces. The shortfall comes from dismantling nuclear weapons stockpiles built up during the cold war. That agreement with Russia ends in 2013 when the shortfall in uranium is likely to become critical. Should all the 500 plants currently on the drawing boards be constructed they will require an additional 250 million lbs of uranium a year. Makes looking at Aussie uranium stocks a good option

asc4
14-07-2010, 11:12 AM
http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100714/pdf/31r9vtjnrf85z5.pdf

Looks good, nore reading to do...liking the title...

Peninsula to Proceed with Definitive Feasibility Study!!!

I am getting more and more confident about this bad-boy getting to production!

Interested to hear other thoughts on this one.

JBmurc
14-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Yep looks good should have brought the PENOA @ 1.8c when I had the chance

tobo
15-07-2010, 07:30 AM
perceived risk still massively holding back the sp.
I see the biggest 'risk' hurdle as the approvals (moreso than the DFS)

JBmurc
20-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Peninsula Minerals – Commentary on ASX Release – 17/8/10
Significant Resource Upgrade – 67% Increase to 25 Mill. lbs (11,400 t U3O8)
ISL Mine Life of > 10 Years Assured, at > 700 tpa U3O8
Announcement: PEN announced a 67% increase in the JORC-compliant resource at the Lance
Uranium Project in Wyoming, with the following highlights;
• Total JORC Resource now 25.2 Mlbs (11,400 t U3O8), categorised as follows;
3.6 Measured
5.6 Indicated
16.0 Inferred
25.2 Mlbs Total
• Upgrade was based on a grade/thickness model, and another 386 holes
• Grades and Grade/Thickness figures for the three locations at Lance are;
Grade Grade/Thickness
Ross Area 487 ppm 0.43
Ross 423 ppm 0.33
Barber 407 ppm 0.31
• Potential for 72-120 Mlbs., based on the observation that the Lance Project
covers at least 305 line km of known stacked roll fronts. Over 90% of the
drilling has concentrated on the Ross and Barbara areas alone. Grade
potential is 360-500 ppm.
Comments:
• This is another very positive announcement, showing that the Lance Project is
meaningful in scale and mine life. The ultimate size is a function of drilling, with
total available resource targeted to be 30-50,000 t U3O8. This is exactly what
utilities are looking for – potential for a 20 year mine life.
• The reference to the Grade/Thickness figure is useful and instructive. ISL leaching
is different to conventional mining where the ore is extracted and treated, with an
ability to calculate head and recovered grades. In an ISL operation the relevant
parameter is the grade/thickness, with the economic minimum regarded as 0.20
G/T. As the above table above shows, the Lance Project G/T is well ahead of the
minimum. The next set of factors to be considered include permeability, which
relates to the ability to flow solutions through the deposit, and depth of drilling for
development arrays.
Pre-Feasibility Study:
• Back on 14 July, PEN released the results of a pre-feasibility study that gave initial
capex at US$53m and opex at $US$22/lb, including royalties and taxes.
• Commissioning was estimated for Dec Half, 2011
• Annual capacity was 680 tpa U3O8, but potential to double in size
• Recovery rates were estimated at 80% from mine into solution, then 95% recovery
Comment:
• PEN is well placed to come on stream just when the megatons to megawatts
program winds down, which will leave the USA scrambling to buy uranium from
mine producers. Being in the US, and knowing the protectionism for which USA
industry is notorious, PEN will have a sympathetic market on its doorstep.
• At the spot price of US$46/lb, the Operating Surplus could be A$40m p.a., but at
the long term price of $60/lb it jumps to A$63m p.a. Given the market capitalisation
is $61m today, the projected economics make the share look very cheap

Kees
20-08-2010, 02:48 PM
sold my PEN an brought up the PENO 1.9c

how did you do that?

JBmurc
20-08-2010, 02:52 PM
sold my PEN an brought up the PENO 1.9c

how did you do that?

On market sold PEN 3.3c brought PENOA at 1.9c now have a much better leverage to the upside coming before- mid 2012 --50c by then not out of the question

Kees
20-08-2010, 03:05 PM
hope your right got plenty penoa myself plus pen as well.
good story attached to this stock specialy when you think the chinese are building over 100 nuclear power stations.

Corporate
20-08-2010, 08:33 PM
whats the exercise price fullas?

JBmurc
20-08-2010, 09:36 PM
whats the exercise price fullas?

3c 2012 mid to end cant remember exact month

Kees
20-08-2010, 10:09 PM
PENINSULA MINERALS LIMITED OPTION EXPIRING 30-JUN-2012
http://www.tradingroom.com.au/apps/validateCodeLookup.ac;jsessionid=C770D777AA9BA530C F5E8738CD2D3C61?returnUrl=%2Fqt%2Fquote.ac%3Fcode% 3D&linkType=0&page=1&kw=penoa&securityType=2&descContains=0&sortBy=0&submit=Search

good site for options

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Well looks like I'm not the only one unhappy with PEN latest Cap raising plan of giving PEN holders 1 new PENOB 3c ex 2015 opts for ever 4 shares held at a cost of 1c
As I only recently sold my PEN to load up on the PENOA 3c ex 2012 I've well an truly taking a bath today on the opts I paid 1.9c that at the end of last week were 2.4c an now 1.6c thanks very much PEN management for the stab in the back...
-If PEN holders do take up all the 1c PENOB opts there will be an extra 400mill opts so total opts 625mill total raising for PEN only round 3.8c(PENOA free 3c ex PENOB 1c+3c ex) PEN 1.6billion outstanding

I just don't understand PEN management,, heads were trading at 3.8-4c PENOA 2.2-2.5 now they wanted to raise 4mill an take their cash reserve to round 9mill (they need round 50mill to get to production late 2012)
why o why didn't they just raise through the heads at 3.5c an attact a free PENOA 3c 2012 they would have needed only 115mill extra head shares+ 115mill opts this would have meant they then would if they run it to plan PENOA holders raising another = 10mill right when PEN will need the funds to pay down debt needed for plant
instead the 2015 date is telling the market PEN don't need extra funds sooner because they won't be building a ISR plant when planned???

tobo
07-09-2010, 07:51 AM
don't sweat it too much - your oppies dropped nearly 1c. But owning oppies increased your leverage so, assuming sp increases from here (many times 1c) in coming months/years you will still be better off with the oppies than the heads.
PEN Business plans would have to go pretty wrong for us not to see multibagging by next year.

My feeling is management are trying to increase their own control

Discl: Hold lots of heads and a few oppies.

JBmurc
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=tobo;318523]don't sweat it too much - your oppies dropped nearly 1c. But owning oppies increased your leverage so, assuming sp increases from here (many times 1c) in coming months/years you will still be better off with the oppies than the heads.
PEN Business plans would have to go pretty wrong for us not to see multibagging by next year.

My feeling is management are trying to increase their own control

yeah I see in the annual report Management are making sure to look after themselves the latest 1c 2015 3c opts yet another bonus

1.849milll was paid out in remuneration for the year,, last year it was only 1.189mill next year it will be 2.5m+ no doubt--
thing is how many more bonuses will management get going forward they do deserve it will Shareholders also get good returns -many long term shareholders of PEN would have paid north of 8c if they had stumped up with cash for the many raising of course this would be lower with added opts so say their average is 6c because of this.
PEN mangement talk of potential 295Mlb resource so far they have a 25Mlbs Now if your a long term holder 6c av
an PEN mangement state potential massive resource worth 10x 20x current market values why CR another
400mill 1c+ 3c ex opts for 2015 this doesn't make sense unless Mangement are thinking of #1 first SH #2
esp as much of the funds will go into remuneration an CR costs why just not wait to they raise the JORC resource then raise 5-6c brokers have given them a 6m 9c target less shares less dilution,currently SH are looking at round 2.2bill+ total shares(which most likely will rise to 3bill next year)

steamroller
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
PENOC should start trading tomorrow, ex. 3c, Dec 2015.

How do you think this will this affect the PEN/PENOA prices JB?

JBmurc
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM

shouldn't really affect them all that much PENOC would be a great long term hold so should command some premium 2.5c-3c to PENOA 2c etc

Lego_Man
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM

Their capital structure has turned into a bit of a cluster**** to be honest.

Bit of a joke the number of shares and options on issue. Just take a look at the latest issue - 3c exercise 5 years out for a company that should be well into production then and priced off P/E. Capital raising to fund management expenses, a bit of drilling, then fund the next capital raising.

The only ones making money off this are management and Hartleys.

Yawn...

JBmurc
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Their capital structure has turned into a bit of a cluster**** to be honest.

Bit of a joke the number of shares and options on issue. Just take a look at the latest issue - 3c exercise 5 years out for a company that should be well into production then and priced off P/E. Capital raising to fund management expenses, a bit of drilling, then fund the next capital raising.

The only ones making money off this are management and Hartleys.

Yawn...

Thats why I sold still PEN do look to have a good high grade U308 resource that should well increase in size the U308 bull will be back agin in couple years an I'm sure even with billions of shares PEN will move well north in the short term I don't see the growth I'm after unless they get sold down

newbe
16-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Me and my newbe tendencies to not fully understand options. I currenlty hold PEN and given the recent anouncements and positivity around the stock was considering increasing my holding. Are though, I better off buying some options rather than the heads? Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

JBmurc
18-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Me and my newbe tendencies to not fully understand options. I currenlty hold PEN and given the recent anouncements and positivity around the stock was considering increasing my holding. Are though, I better off buying some options rather than the heads? Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Yes the opts will give you far more leverage but more risk an the fact unless you exercise early any chance to recieve any divies,SPP etc as the options are only options to own a share in the company at a set price an date
the current PENOA & PENOC which are in the money as their ex price is only 3c current Head share price 4.3c so the opts are 1.3c in the money so far to buy A's or the C's you will be paying for the time value the A's 2012 the C's 2015 if you are bullish on PEN long term the C's are the go then if the head PEN SP is by 2015 20c+ say your percent gains on current prices of 2.8c will be much better than PEN at 4.3c

So basically including ex. price PEN = 4.3c PENOA = 5.4c PENOC = 5.8c

tobo
18-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Me and my newbe tendencies ....etc.

All very good if head shares are at 20c+ in 2015,
The other 2 possibilities are
1) Heads below 3c, so options don't get converted (and are worthless) [seems very unlikely looking at current business plan]
2) total collapse of heads (ie. company) to nothing [again, seems unlikely, but could happen] . Interestingly, under this scenario the loss from heads is the same as the loss from options, ie here is a way of perceiving a bigger gain from options but the same loss (compared with heads)...weird.

I spread my risks and have both heads and options, but mostly heads as this is sufficient risk/reward for me. [down 45% in GFC, now above breakeven, + blue skies ahead]

steamroller
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Running on good volume today, touched 5.5. Onwards and upwards :t_up:

tobo
05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
putting a trendline on the last 6 weeks shows a solid and steep climb 3.5 to 5.5,
leaving behind the sawcut pattern previous to this.
and on OK volumes

impacman
10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Certainly having a good run on high volume today - although I have probably jinxed it now....

shasta
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Certainly having a good run on high volume today - although I have probably jinxed it now....

I see they have had another broker report recently, so that should heolp generate a bit of retail interest

impacman
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Certainly having someone other than Hartleys would help. There is a very big impending news pipeline in place as well so I suspect people are positioning on that basis. They keep ticking boxes and that is always good in building and maintaining reputations. U is becoming flavour of the month (hopefully year/s) and spot price increases are helping. The other aspect is that I don't think the market has really understood ISR methodology and the impacts on both Opex and Capex. Maybe that is slowly sinking in. Still a speccy but de risking all the time.

Cheers,

I-man

asc4
14-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Another CR, something different than the usual option scramble and further dilution??

Only a major investor at a premium surely, these guys love CRs!!

Lego_Man
14-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Good lord, not another one?

tobo
14-12-2010, 05:55 PM
quite surreal.
There have been 3 days in a row of 7% increase (I though was too much to not be driven by impending news) and now a TH for a CR, so I am suspecting it may be something a bit more significant than just for a bit more cashflow.

Hold LT and have been okay with the recent CRs

drillfix
14-12-2010, 06:04 PM
quite surreal.

I completely understand what you mean tobo.

Not holding or anything, but was looking at this wondering to myself, is this good or bad yet not exactly sure whats up or whether they are just only trying to get the price up for less dilution or if there is whopper news on the way.

I cant see why they would worry about dilution when there are already oodles of shares on issue so why not some more, which then makes one think, there seems to be a twist to this anomoly atm.

JBmurc
14-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Another CR, something different than the usual option scramble and further dilution??

Only a major investor at a premium surely, these guys love CRs!!

Yep main reason I sold out even though is hindsight I should have held for a few more months still if you don't like how a companys be run you should sell

As for CR sounds like a cornerstone investor no doult getting in cheap with more cheapies to managerment

PEN could well have 4-5billion shares issued before making 1 cent in nett production cashflows much risk still to come

thedrunkfish
17-12-2010, 12:24 PM
 A$31,600,000 raised at a 7.5c per share – 21% premium to 30 day VWAP
 A$21,600,000 of which is to be placed to Pala Investments
 A$10,000,000 of which is to be placed to international and domestic institutions
 A$100,000,000 Equity Facility provided by Pala Investments

G'day, newbie to the forum, better price than I expected them to get. What do you guys make of it?

tim23
17-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Looked ok to me, have a modest holding.

tobo
17-12-2010, 09:20 PM
taken in the context of where it was a few days ago (ie 6.5c before 3 days rises based on leak) this is excellent. (Yes, I know, it is realy at a price of around 5c taking into account oppies, but it is decent progress, with the added equity funding availability to get to production (if both parties agree)

Hold LT

thedrunkfish
07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Some news released today about another Wyoming company being given consent to mine in the area. How long do these NRC submissions take usually?

deltafive
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
It was stated at the AGM the NRC have an internal timetable of 60 - 90 days, and PEN with their continuous communications with NRC believe their application will be responded to in the shorter time. I have been unable to confirm this through the NRC website.

tobo
09-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I have been surprised at the rise that seems to be on the back of the announcement of the other Wyoming company's consent. (Although some of it may be from increased general awareness of PEN be written about more, and some from the increasing U price.)
There was probably also a knee-jerk reaction to that approval being announced by PEN. (I thought for a split-second that the PEN approval was through in 3 days, instantly rationailising that they must do it differently in the US, perhaps everything having been ticked off in the pre-application meetings, and then just the rubber-stamp once lodged... but no, that's nonsense, as it takes a week in NZ just for the formal approval letter to be signed and invoiced at the very end of the long Consent processing once all the departments have signed it off.)
They are whipped up into a ferver over on HC, talking themselves into ever higher multi-multi-bagging targets. I, myself, am still intending to hold past production and maybe into testing for major resource increase, so I am still anticipating multibagging from here (but not sure about doubling again with 12 months!)

Will be interesting to see Monday direction. Friday close 8.8 (up .7) was a long way down from intraday high (9.5), so how much further will it drop for day traders profit-taking before levelling off. ["Leveling off" is perhaps a rather silly choice of words for this stock at the moment, what with impending resource news.]

ToBo
Hold. (One bag on Heads, more on oppies)

thedrunkfish
10-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Very interesting start to the morning

tim23
18-01-2011, 07:41 PM
More news, big volume, price rise too looking interesting.

thedrunkfish
19-01-2011, 05:30 PM
alot of uranium stock showing big volumes today.

shasta
19-01-2011, 05:33 PM
alot of uranium stock showing big volumes today.

This article highlights PEN, ACB & EXT among others

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/picking-uranium-winners/story-e6frg9ex-1225991017887

thedrunkfish
19-01-2011, 07:32 PM
“Below that level there will be a reluctance to make supply available as debt finance will be too difficult and equity funding will be scarce,”

As I understand it PEN shouldn't have any dramas in the future with the 100m Line of credit from the pala investment amongst others.

The article also includes "Peninsula Energy and its project which will have early production along with low operating and capital costs".

COLIN
24-01-2011, 10:21 PM
A further encouraging report today, on the drillholes at the Ross development. Remarkably my PENOC's have chalked up a 2-bagger since getting back into PEN in October - sorry about the bragging but I just can't help it, its an affliction I can't find any remedy for!

tim23
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Conference presentation - looks undervalued compared to its peers (see page 5 of report)

bung5
09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
looks like there is a big announcement coming. maybe the permit approval

COLIN
14-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Three-bagger coming up, but I haven't lost my nerve yet. Strong buying interest remains. I hold the PENOC's - not expiring until 2015. Hope plenty others of you are finding it exhilerating.

impacman
15-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Three-bagger coming up, but I haven't lost my nerve yet. Strong buying interest remains. I hold the PENOC's - not expiring until 2015. Hope plenty others of you are finding it exhilerating.

Yes Colin, has certainly been a great ride of late. Have held these for 20 months so coming up to a 5 bagger on the heads and now a genuine 10 bagger on the PENOC's. Still a lot of news to come and while still a spec until permits and DFS issued/complete, looks to be very well managed, with ducks lined up, and plenty of upside. Intend to hold for a lot longer all other things being equal.

Cheers,

I-man

buns
15-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Stoked to be holding this one (Heads at 4c). The Uranium story is building traction, and PEN being so well managed with good slabs of land are set to take advantage.

impacman
16-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Announcement out - sales agreement signed with energy major in US for 1.15m pounds pa over 7 years. Very good news - half expected resource now sold to provide cashflow. Wouldn't think they would be signing contract without very high levels of confidence about getting to production. Lets see what happens to SP today - could well move a bit (or not as I keep experiencing with various stocks).

Brut
16-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes very good news today! I have been holding this one for a while now, brought @ 4.7c & watched it slide down to 2.9c. Thought about selling when I was in green again but decided to hold long term (glad I didn't sell)

Management has always keep us informed

drillfix
16-02-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL, good stuff there Brut, sounds like you went on a bit of a roller coaster ride there.

Many would have sold and then tried to pick the bottom and buy it back, but with out a doubt you will be chuff with your decision so far.

Seems to continually rain good news with PEN.

They just need to sort out the Billions of shares on issue and reduce that to maybe half a billion or so, but time will tell.

tobo
16-02-2011, 08:12 PM
exhilerating climb based on bot U price and company newsflow
Like most,
Excited,
nervous that it's overshot and might retrace
nervous that the only big outstanding item (licence) could have hiccup
but also thinking to hold way longer for long term gain.

Confused by the idea that I am "wealthier" yet have absolutely no cash to spend since I would be "silly?" to sell some now. Annoying thing is I will be up for FIF tax yet have no cash with which to pay said tax unless I sell some (will be a bigger issue in 12 mths time).
And finally, after 2 to 10 bag growth (heads, A's and C's) am now heavily overweighted in the stock that I think will bring me best LT gains.

Euphoricly and nervously holding.

BTW, todays agreement is for 1m lbs over 7 years.
That's only (best case) 5% of total production (after ramp up it is 3m lbs pa x 7 yrs = 20m lbs).
Being only 5% of production surely means this is only a small piece of good news.
(Although it does demonstrate confidence that licence and product WILL be achieved.)

(Understand that my first year learning experience in stockmarket was 2007 where I learned that you CAN lose all or half your money)

impacman
16-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Annoying thing is I will be up for FIF tax yet have no cash with which to pay said tax unless I sell some (will be a bigger issue in 12 mths time).

Hi Tobo, why do you say you will be up for FIF tax? PEN is an ASX domiciled company and as such my understanding is that it is exempt from anything like that. I think my understanding of FIF tax is what you are talking about. Shasta has had a pretty good handle on this in previous queries I have had - going back some years now.

Great ride though ah! One slip could shatter it but it is de risking every day.

Cheers,

I-man

tobo
16-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Bad news. To be exempt from FIF it has to be in the All Ords (or ASX300) at the time you first buy.

(I am still unsure about the definition of "at the time you first buy" Once it gets in the all Ords, Does it mean if I then buy some more THEY are also not exempt? Or is it referring to the idea that, say i owned some years ago and they are now sold, if I buy some after it gets into All Ords am I still not exempt because I USED to own some in the past when they were not in All Ords. [This is a theoretical example, and I am aware that PEN is till not yet in the All Ords].

They only conversation I ever had with IRD about FIF left me with the impression I knew more than she did, and she was satisfied that I seemed to have put in a correct claim since I "seemed to have a good understanding of FIF" so maybe I still have it wrong.

impacman
17-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Bad news. To be exempt from FIF it has to be in the All Ords (or ASX300) at the time you first buy.

(I am still unsure about the definition of "at the time you first buy" Once it gets in the all Ords, Does it mean if I then buy some more THEY are also not exempt? Or is it referring to the idea that, say i owned some years ago and they are now sold, if I buy some after it gets into All Ords am I still not exempt because I USED to own some in the past when they were not in All Ords. [This is a theoretical example, and I am aware that PEN is till not yet in the All Ords].

They only conversation I ever had with IRD about FIF left me with the impression I knew more than she did, and she was satisfied that I seemed to have put in a correct claim since I "seemed to have a good understanding of FIF" so maybe I still have it wrong.

Thanks Tobo. Now you mention that I do have a vague recollection of something similar. Bit of a bummer if it is as you say as it would apply to a huge number of shares under discussion on ST. I will follow up with my accountant and see what they have to say.

Cheers,

I-man

tobo
18-02-2011, 10:11 AM
be keen to hear what they say

pago
18-02-2011, 03:58 PM

tobo,i understand that the options,penoa and penoc are exempt from fif.
cheers
pago

impacman
18-02-2011, 08:08 PM

Have been doing quite a bit of research into this including past threads on ST (dating back to 2007 when regime came into play). Pretty clear feel at this point that some of my ASX holdings (being PEN and STX) will attract FIF tax. PEN I hope will move into ASX All Ords come 20/3/11 - that date being consistent historical redrawing of ASX All Ords).

More a pain in the ##### than anything given the likely returns via PEN particularly. Just want to keep the portfolio clean rom a tax liability perspective! Was going to get an opinion from a QC who I know (and who specialises in tax related matters) but the more I look the more it looks like I should just accept and pay FIF on the two above until such time as they make a move and get into the All Ords and exempt themselves (which in itself is annoying as that means decision is made on market capitalisation which is only precariously one of the three criteria IRD place on exemption.)

Will track this a bit further and keep you posted. Thanks for the intial heads up - I must say I hadn't even given it a thought - and I had looked at FIF issues a few years ago when I was looking at OSH!

Pago - nothing I have seen so far would indicate that options (A or C) are exempt from FIF. Again will have a bit more of a look and let you know whatI come up with.

Cheers,

I-man

pago
18-02-2011, 09:32 PM
hi iman
maybe we should move the tax discussion to another thread
i have just spent a few weeks,had to,researching the fif scheme.
i finally found an expert with ird ,very good,after much previous conflicting info
i was surprised to hear that options are excluded,suits me
the ird supplies an australian share exemption list every year,on the ird website
you can check this against your portfolio to see which shares are caught
it is a nightmare especially the maths
i have seen the light,finally
cheers pago

tim23
18-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Agree - lets talk about the good story

tobo
20-02-2011, 10:06 AM
FIF discussion is on "FIF - any spreadsheets", in the Investments Strategy section.

The good story: yeah it is.
PEN seems to be exhibiting the activity where it goes up a bit each time there is a new announcement, as if there is no check by the market what the market cap should be, but the simply (and say this with Homer Simpson's voice "news good" "must buy more".

Last year I worked out my own market cap based on first year and ongoing production of the 1.5-3m lbs with discounted cashflow and conservative PE and ended up with 8 or 9c per share.
And the 8 or 9c was unrisked (ie. 9c after approvals obtained and production commisioned).
Since then the U price has increased (still an unknown what it will be when production is happening), and JORC increased a little bit.
I am not saying I only value the company at 9c potential, as I see possible upside (bigtime) for 100-200-300mlbs JORC eventually (incl Karoo and possible additional future land at Wyoming). [To be honest, I am sort of ignoring Aus tenements, and also expecting zilch from Rakiraki since we have no control, and no news is, well, no news].
So I am now interpreting the current 15c as having a large component relating to "lbs in the ground yet to be JORCed"
Say half or more of the 15c.
What does this tell me?
It warns me that this half is the speculative part (and therefore very volatile and could go down on a wider market whim.)

Maybe 5c is for the 1.5-3m lbs taking into account risks (permit and commisioning)
At the moment I am thinking anything above this is the speculative part of the operation. This 10c is the bit that'll end up anywhere in the range of zero to...whatever 50c-70c-$1 blue sky people can imagine.

I had a decent holding (by my standards), and now over 2 bagger means I am overweight if I interpret my holding as one-third permit/product risk, and two-thirds blue sky fluffy stuff.

Anyway, trend is friend, so holding.

shasta
20-02-2011, 10:34 AM
FIF discussion is on "FIF - any spreadsheets", in the Investments Strategy section.

The good story: yeah it is.
PEN seems to be exhibiting the activity where it goes up a bit each time there is a new announcement, as if there is no check by the market what the market cap should be, but the simply (and say this with Homer Simpson's voice "news good" "must buy more".

Last year I worked out my own market cap based on first year and ongoing production of the 1.5-3m lbs with discounted cashflow and conservative PE and ended up with 8 or 9c per share.
And the 8 or 9c was unrisked (ie. 9c after approvals obtained and production commisioned).
Since then the U price has increased (still an unknown what it will be when production is happening), and JORC increased a little bit.
I am not saying I only value the company at 9c potential, as I see possible upside (bigtime) for 100-200-300mlbs JORC eventually (incl Karoo and possible additional future land at Wyoming). [To be honest, I am sort of ignoring Aus tenements, and also expecting zilch from Rakiraki since we have no control, and no news is, well, no news].
So I am now interpreting the current 15c as having a large component relating to "lbs in the ground yet to be JORCed"
Say half or more of the 15c.
What does this tell me?
It warns me that this half is the speculative part (and therefore very volatile and could go down on a wider market whim.)

Maybe 5c is for the 1.5-3m lbs taking into account risks (permit and commisioning)
At the moment I am thinking anything above this is the speculative part of the operation. This 10c is the bit that'll end up anywhere in the range of zero to...whatever 50c-70c-$1 blue sky people can imagine.

I had a decent holding (by my standards), and now over 2 bagger means I am overweight if I interpret my holding as one-third permit/product risk, and two-thirds blue sky fluffy stuff.

Anyway, trend is friend, so holding.

The U308 spot price has had its first decrease in a while, a modest $0.75 down this week to $US72.25

PEN @ 15c & with 2b shares has a market cap just over $300m, so much of the "blue sky" has now been priced in, prior to production.

To justify a P/E around 10 - thats a $30m NPAT, so it does look a bit rich as they will be unlikely to make that in the first year of production

tobo
21-02-2011, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=shasta;337564]...PEN @ 15c & with 2b shares has a market cap just over $300m, so much of the "blue sky" has now been priced in, prior to production.
When you say much of the "blue sky" has now been priced in, I presume you mean the market's current risked assessment of the potential, you don't mean that 15c is what it would end up at if several hundred mlbs are eventually JORCed.

Along these lines, it suggests a short term trader might exit to move on to next week's big thing,
and a long term investor might either exit, or stay in for long term potentials.

So we might see a retrace, but then again, impending news might keep the trend going for a little while

newbe
14-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Just accumulated some more at 9.3, sitting right on the edge of my seat right now!

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Just accumulated some more at 9.3, sitting right on the edge of my seat right now!

PENOA PENOC getting absolutely smashed 38-30% down

newbe
14-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Fundamentals have not changed and unless one of these reactors in Japan goes into total meltdown entry at these prices should still be cheap. Heads got as low as 8.7 but have since started heading back north.

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 02:04 PM
just brough a few PENOC at 6.7c 2015 expire 3c ex price look good to me --even with Japan Nuclear plant problems I can't see it stopping the many plants getting built now people need huge amounts of power Nuclear the only real option

skeet
14-03-2011, 04:51 PM
The world is short of energy, esp China and India. I cant see less Nuclear power plants being built after this, unless the world decides that burning coal is a better idea. Did pick up a small bundle of PEN today.

COLIN
14-03-2011, 05:10 PM
just brough a few PENOC at 6.7c 2015 expire 3c ex price look good to me --even with Japan Nuclear plant problems I can't see it stopping the many plants getting built now people need huge amounts of power Nuclear the only real option

I hope they weren't the ones I sold at around that level earlier in the day, JB! I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the dangers of trying to catch a falling knife.

It will be a long, long time before the world forgets this Japanese "event", which will be placed alongside Chernobyl and Five Mile Island, I'm afraid. Sentiment will remain negative for new nuclear plants in a whole range of countries, notwithstanding the mounting pressures for sources of energy alternative to fossil fuels.

That's my assessment, but you obviously have yours.

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 05:13 PM
The world is short of energy, esp China and India. I cant see less Nuclear power plants being built after this, unless the world decides that burning coal is a better idea. Did pick up a small bundle of PEN today.

Yeah agree-- those PEN opts getting a right smashing 44% along with the heads be some very unhappy holders that brought up over the last few months at 10c+ only brought a small PENOC holding might have to get some more in the mid 5's really think we'll look back an see how over done the market was selling down good U308 companies

worth a read
http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/13/fukushima-simple-explanation/

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 06:47 PM
People all over the world are watching a nuclear power plant blow up on TV. Which Govt is now going to get the votes necessary to build new nuclear plants in their populations neighborhoods? Remember the Labour Govt in NZ got elected on the back of a nuclear free status policy. While people are scared and people vote, this could be the end of the nuclear industry. I wouldn't be buying anything until the dust settled and we know how bad things got.

yeah right so what the likes of japan get power from-- coal,gas power plant to fill the growing gap a report awhile ago stated a huge number of Nuclear power plants 100+ planning to be built within the next 20yrs there's 442 in operation currently 54 in japan alone...(2 new ones being built atm)
the one in japan that is currently in so much trouble is 30yrs old and is due to be retired/upgraded 1 out of 54 after the biggest of known earthquakes in japan

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 07:52 PM
So you'd be totally happy to live in the same town as a nuclear reactor, and would vote for any local or national Govt that wants to put one in your neighborhood? Especially after watching people on tv being evacuated and wandering around in hazmat gear, and knowing that people in japan are now being treated for radiation sickness. What if the thing blows sky high, and those parts of japan become uninhabitable for centuries like chernoble?

well there's 54 currently with 2 being built in japan add in the fact that japan population to landmass is very high so really a large population of Japanese will live close to a power plant...would I be happy to live next door to a nuclear plant well no ,but then I wouldn't be keen to live right next door to any power plants or factories or near major power train lines etc
would I live in a town with a nuclear plant or live in a town without any power I chose the former as do many millions of people that like the use of electrical power

JBmurc
14-03-2011, 09:25 PM
It's not a question of no power but what type of power generation. How about gas and fuel cell generated power, hydro electric, solar, wind, wave etc. I'm just saying Govts are going to have a really hard time convincing people of the safety of nuclear power plants after this, so many that are in the planning stage may not get built. Hell, there are suburbs in Melbourne with no mobile phone coverage because the nimby's refuse to allow a cell tower to be put up!

yeah I agree there will be some fallout but as we have seen in the past unless there is some new technology that is even in the same league of Nuclear you won't see a mass of shutdowns an no more Nuclear

tim23
14-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you want to buy some cheap PEN?!

skeet
14-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Which Govt is now going to get the votes necessary to build new nuclear plants in their populations neighborhoods?

Plenty, China for one wont stop Nuclear plants being built, why slow down your countries growth.

...he refused to rule out closures if necessary

So they then will build newer bigger plants if they make closures, good for uranium stocks!

Unless we pour billions if not trillions into renewable clean energy development, Nuclear is the only option for countries who are growing at a rate at which there are no other options. As for Greenpeace protesting they are so disconnected from society, guess they would rather see coal plants across Europe with rolling black outs because governments cant keep up with demand.

newbe
14-03-2011, 10:17 PM
The events in Japan have been totally blown out of proportion by misinformed media reports. So far the plants have done exactly what they were supposed to do, the explosions although unplanned were just part of a cooling technique which was underway. The Earthquake was not even the problem, it is the Tsunami that has caused the damage to the cooling techniques available and not even the Japanese ever expected a wall of water this large to ever break the man made stop banks.

Unfortunately though, an even considering Nuclear power has killed less people in history than any other generation technique (except the dynamo on your bicycle) the media misreport it backing and fueling popular belief that it is "dirty". The Japanese will rebuild these plants bigger and stonger and the whole industry will learn from it.

Prices will drop short term but in the long term unless viable alternate generation methods become available it will not take long for this train to get rolling again.

lawrence
15-03-2011, 01:44 AM
The events in Japan have been totally blown out of proportion by misinformed media reports. So far the plants have done exactly what they were supposed to do, the explosions although unplanned were just part of a cooling technique which was underway. The Earthquake was not even the problem, it is the Tsunami that has caused the damage to the cooling techniques available and not even the Japanese ever expected a wall of water this large to ever break the man made stop banks.

Unfortunately though, an even considering Nuclear power has killed less people in history than any other generation technique (except the dynamo on your bicycle) the media misreport it backing and fueling popular belief that it is "dirty". The Japanese will rebuild these plants bigger and stonger and the whole industry will learn from it.

Prices will drop short term but in the long term unless viable alternate generation methods become available it will not take long for this train to get rolling again.

Well said newbe seems MELTDOWN is the latest media buzz word .......... Ch 7 in Sydney started their news service with this headline "Radiation Fears For Sydney" lol what a joke pretty impressed with ex Telstra Ziggy told them virtually to have a cold shower

Lego_Man
15-03-2011, 08:52 AM
I hope they weren't the ones I sold at around that level earlier in the day, JB! I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the dangers of trying to catch a falling knife.

It will be a long, long time before the world forgets this Japanese "event", which will be placed alongside Chernobyl and Five Mile Island, I'm afraid. Sentiment will remain negative for new nuclear plants in a whole range of countries, notwithstanding the mounting pressures for sources of energy alternative to fossil fuels.

That's my assessment, but you obviously have yours.

I realise the public are morons, but you'd have to be a pussy to shun nuclear power based on this incident.

What is the alternative? An energy intensive economy like Japan could only use fossil fuels, of which supplies are scarce and the environmental effects worse in the long run.

There will be no meltdown here and the safety measures in place, already light years ahead of the Chernobyl era, will become even more rigorous.

Rest assured this will not stop the Chinese, and if the West wants to cry into their coffee about this "disaster" we will pay the penalty in the long run.

skeet
15-03-2011, 09:04 AM
The IAEA has said there are no signs of a meltdown. Media play a huge part in this.
Dow only down 51 points today after being down over 144 points earlier.
Dont see how PEN is liable for Japans problems, should see it making back some ground today.

trackers
15-03-2011, 09:35 AM
^ Its people's changing perceptions of nuclear power (affecting demand/regulation down the line?) that's the problem...

And yeah, DOW hasn't taken much of a hit! Going to be interesting to see if they just shrug off Japan's problems and keep chugging along

newbe
15-03-2011, 12:51 PM
So the Govt has declared a nuclear emergency over misinformed media reports? I don't think so.

Not at all, the government declared a Nuclear emergency because all cooling methods available failed because of the Tsunami which is a pretty serious matter which needs urgent attention. However, it is not as bad as the media & public speculation suggests.

Mean while every time they replay the hydrogen explosion, I say again HYDROGEN explosion, the SP of U companies drop.

I do wish I waited until today to by more though :)

thedrunkfish
15-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Not at all, the government declared a Nuclear emergency because all cooling methods available failed because of the Tsunami which is a pretty serious matter which needs urgent attention. However, it is not as bad as the media & public speculation suggests.

Mean while every time they replay the hydrogen explosion, I say again HYDROGEN explosion, the SP of U companies drop.

I do wish I waited until today to by more though :)

Yeh it's looking yuck ATM in the ST anyway. I aint selling mine, China has indicated the will continue with the 50 odd Reactors they are building and the US needs the U from companies like PEN to keep theirs running.

skeet
15-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Price plummeting atm, currently down 16.5% today, looking at continue buying long term this will rebound.
Great ann out today btw not that the market cares, lemmings :P

drillfix
15-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Dont try to argue with the market. You may be right, but you'll still be broke.
We have yet to see what effect the margin calls will make on the stocks of these companies.

Aint that the complete and nothing but the Truth there KW.

Very wise words for many to take note of.

Skeet, price plummeting alright, been over a 65% of its value wiped away all within a couple to 3 days.

A black swan for U companies some could say.

Hope any holders here took some money off the table when the price had previously peaked.

JBmurc
15-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Sold half of mine 3 weeks ago, the other half last Thursday :-)

More wise words - "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent". I'm all cashed up (thanks Phaedrus, owe you a beer!) and am enjoying watching the market burn. All the more for me when it recovers. It shall be a nice ride back up, although it may take a few months for the tide to turn.

crazy times looks like if the madness continues I'll go from owning the IRD many tens of thousands to them owning me some TAX back....not going even check the portfolio say I'd be down an average NZ yearly wage ........FEAR is in control

soulman
15-03-2011, 07:50 PM
The IAEA has said there are no signs of a meltdown. Media play a huge part in this.
Dow only down 51 points today after being down over 144 points earlier.
Dont see how PEN is liable for Japans problems, should see it making back some ground today.

Looks like all U coy getting smashed, with PEN, BLR, ACB and WCU the biggest hits.

Phaedrus
15-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks, KW. It's just commonsense though, isn't it. Dead simple, kindergarten stuff really. Here is another dead boring chart, using nothing more than price and volume data. How people can argue over charts this basic is quite beyond my understanding.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/PEN315.gif

tim23
15-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Interesting but how dramatic would the fall have been without this Japanese situation? You are well right the stock was in a downturn.

steve fleming
15-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Looks like all U coy getting smashed, with PEN, BLR, ACB and WCU the biggest hits.

Uranium stocks are on my avoid list and have been for the last year.

There are just so many additional risks involved in holding U stocks compared to other minerals....Uranium is not even very scarce and for the most part is subject to marginal returns....over time, i have come to realise that the risk/reward equation for U stocks does not stack up for me.

Having made a lot of money then lost a lot in the 2007 Uranium bubble, this is a sector that is subject to massive hype and uncertainty. It is a sector that just seems to attract speculation and unnecessary drama...i guess that is why they are so popular on hot-copper

The number of U stocks that have had issues over the last couple of years (not related to the volatile U price) is very long... off the top of my head BMN (feasibility study issues), BLR (drilling access) AGS (JV issues) MTN(access issues) WCU (production/financing issues) CUY ...

For every one successful U stock (eg MRU , PDN, SMM) there just seems to be so many more failures.

BLR was my last major exposure to the U sector and i dumped that some time ago. I can’t see me re-entering the sector any time soon, even given the recent massive write-downs.

Huang Chung
15-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Uranium stocks are on my avoid list and have been for the last year.

There are just so many additional risks involved in holding U stocks compared to other minerals....Uranium is not even very scarce and for the most part is subject to marginal returns....over time, i have come to realise that the risk/reward equation for U stocks does not stack up for me.

Having made a lot of money then lost a lot in the 2007 Uranium bubble, this is a sector that is subject to massive hype and uncertainty. It is a sector that just seems to attract speculation and unnecessary drama...i guess that is why they are so popular on hot-copper

The number of U stocks that have had issues over the last couple of years (not related to the volatile U price) is very long... off the top of my head BMN (feasibility study issues), BLR (drilling access) AGS (JV issues) MTN(access issues) WCU (production/financing issues) CUY ...

For every one successful U stock (eg MRU , PDN, SMM) there just seems to be so many more failures.

BLR was my last major exposure to the U sector and i dumped that some time ago. I can’t see me re-entering the sector any time soon, even given the recent massive write-downs.

Someone will make some money on a short term bounceback of uranium stocks from an oversold position (today maybe?), but if it were me, that's when I'd be heading for the exit.

I've been accumulating Coalspur (CPl) over the past week or so. They are also getting sold down, but will probably be a beneficiary from this nuclear drama (They have flagged that Japan will be one of their target export markets).

drillfix
16-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Well folks, back to the obvious.

Here is a chart showing the past couple days of Sell Off which is one of many U stocks thrown out with the bath water.

PEN Daily & Weekly >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/12rrn05bhh29zqlom030.png

On the weekly chart is also shows that the MACD signal line now just crossing along with negative histogram starting so not so good news with this technically unless there is a complete change in sentiment or news, along with developments from the company as well as the sector.

newbe
16-03-2011, 01:15 PM
KW advice well noted and very true. Definatley still learning here, I find buying easy but struggle with the selling, I wish I had sold at 14c and banked $20k profit, was briefly in red yesturday but now back in blue $3k so may look at an exit today until this blows over.

drillfix
16-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Newbe,

I dont know if I would wait until the end of day as this may not rise back up to anywhere near 14c in the short or immediate term.

Play it cool and keep an eye on the XAO, this green bounce many stocks are having may be only temporary, but then may have short legs only.

Finger on the pulse one could easily say.

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 01:20 PM
PENOC up 60% today talk about bounce

drillfix
16-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes incredible bounces from many U stocks JB.

Nikkei jumped out of the Gate Green this morning.

Wonder if it will stay green for the rest of the day?

trackers
16-03-2011, 01:32 PM
^ Wouldn't count on it.... Watching Nikkei closely. Up 6%, geez!!

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 02:07 PM
^ Wouldn't count on it.... Watching Nikkei closely

would count up 6.12% so far --If anyone is the world is going turn round from this disaster the Japanese will have done many times in the past

CNBC are talking on the major positive towards China on Japan rebuild which as we know is positive for ASX Inflation and only minor world growth a few percent

newbe
16-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone buy today or the end of yesturday? This is epic.

asc4
16-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm just happy I held on yesterday, was tempted to cash out. Still wish I had earlier last week. Portfolio a little healthier today.

If the nuclear situation is solved to suitable degree I think the Oz market will begin to focus on the re-build in Japan which will require Oz resources. Also inflation etc. will refuel uptrends in commodity prices and PGMs. Oz RBA still sees interest rises at some stage this year so AUD will regain some of its strength of late.

Only my opinion.

skeet
16-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Last night I couldnt sleep my mind was going thru all the worst case scenarios but Im glad I didn't listein to alot of ppl on this one, bought from 8.6c down to 6.5c. It was a risk, but one that ticked my boxes, typical market panic sell off on U stocks when really little had changed in the market, look at the Gulf, there drilling again there for oil, same will happen here.

skeet
16-03-2011, 02:21 PM
KW - Dont try to argue with the market. You may be right, but you'll still be broke.

No I wont be.

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Just sold my PENOC for a two day profit of $735 after costs --If only I'd brought at the end of yesterday it would have been 10x that
-Another day like today and my portfolio will be back in the black ...

Sehnsucht888
16-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I got into the PENOC's yesterday at 3.9 and 3.5.. Thought they could have been oversold, so am pretty happy with that call at the moment.. Although not so happy I didn't get out of the OA's a couple weeks ago...

skid
17-03-2011, 08:40 AM
After reading brave new climate,I was convinced it was more or less under control and put it down to media hype-now Im not so sure..2 cracked reactors does not sound good if the reports are accurate that is. At any rate its proving to be one wild ride. It always amazes me how much of a killing some can make by jumping in at the right time on these disaster bouncfes..

h2so4
17-03-2011, 09:02 AM
After reading brave new climate,I was convinced it was more or less under control and put it down to media hype-now Im not so sure..2 cracked reactors does not sound good if the reports are accurate that is. At any rate its proving to be one wild ride. It always amazes me how much of a killing some can make by jumping in at the right time on these disaster bouncfes..

Look for the silver linning. There are some great buys out there. Some very real opportunities to beat the markets over the next few years. It’s a great time to be a value investor.:)

JBmurc
17-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes think PEN will get smashed again today ...

skeet
17-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Yes think PEN will get smashed again today ...

Could be another buy day....

JBmurc
17-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Could be another buy day....

Yes a risky one but could well be very profitable one if the nuclear situation is fixed soon

bung5
21-03-2011, 08:12 PM
a good recovery , has been a tough week. Huge volume over the last few days . Surely must be some new major shareholders.

buns
21-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I missed it - sold on the first bounce at .083.

Far to much risk in this industry right now.

lawrence
22-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Far to much risk in this industry right now.

What risks! you are being played by the big boys who uses these events to shake the tree I topped up and will be into any dip just look at their location I see no risks at all JMHO

bung5
22-03-2011, 10:19 AM
saying there are no risks at all is going a bit far. They still don't have a mining permit yet remember.

lawrence
22-03-2011, 01:13 PM
saying there are no risks at all is going a bit far. They still don't have a mining permit yet remember.

Sorry I should have said in relation to mining and production which is what PEN does as oppose to Nuclear Power Stations! time will tell

tobo
10-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Wow, I can't beleive I just 'converted' my PENOA options to PEN heads yesturday for 2.2 cents (sold OAs for 2.8, bought PENs for 5.0)
Nothing to do with a response to the carnage, but simply exercising oppies early (due next yr) as part of my LT holdings plan, taking advantage of the carnage.
Obviously may be seen as 'falling knife buying' by some and maybe sp will yet go lower, but decided to do it as this can be seen in a certain way as buying heads for 4.2c.
The only loss of control is that I lose the ability to simply "not" exercise, if things really turn really rotten-pear shaped.

I think the company's development is still looking good, and that the risks are the price of Uranium (recently affected by Tsunami sentiment, but could possibly be included in a general drop in all commodity prices on the back of global slump).
Even then, PEN will be a low cost producer relative to other U producers.

PEN, LYC, NWE, MCO, cue, nav

bung5
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Lots of news that is due to come out soon. Share price has been lagging last few months but once it starts coming IMO we will see a steady recovery towards production .
PENOA options esp looking cheap at the moment compared to the longer expiring PENOC options

Crypto Crude
13-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Why has PEN fallen so much?
is it a market thing, or something more?
thank you.
:cool:
.^sc

JBmurc
13-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Haven't been keeping up with exact going-ons with PEN but I do think the general U308 market has been smashed with the U price down ,fearful market Fear round U308 with Japan disaster ,,,,Waiting on DFS....
Picking up cheap PENOA's could be a very smart move if things change for the better

bung5
13-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Why has PEN fallen so much?
is it a market thing, or something more?
thank you.
.^sc

General sector sentiment at the moment. Also the delay in the DFS which was supposed to be out in July. Does not effect the project dates however. Very cheap U producer by next year if all goes to plan.
Plenty of cash in the bank and continuing to prove up resources while waiting for the permits and DFS

Crypto Crude
15-09-2011, 04:37 PM
thanks JBmurc, Bung, Karlos...
Ive been watching PEN for years now...
Looks tasty...

gona have a nibble in a few weeks...
in my first purchase im eyeing up NWE or CUE...
im still undecided...
.^sc

bung5
16-09-2011, 09:44 AM
PENOA's could be a quick 9 month 5 bagger if market picks up again .

Crypto Crude
16-09-2011, 10:20 PM
yeah alot of stocks around like that at the moment....

.^sc

bung5
29-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Ross ISR Project - Air Quality Permit awarded .

bung5
15-11-2011, 01:21 PM
and its finally off... U spot price up

bung5
16-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Think its more to do with the fact the Govt announce they are considering lifting the ban on exporting uranium to India. However, what the punters fail to realise is that India already buys uranium from other countries, so this will be an increase in supply not an increase in demand - which usually means the price of the commodity in question falls.

Could be but PEN have their planned production next year from USA and then South Africa in 2015 . No plans in Australia as of yet. It does show an overall change in sentiment towards uranium.

PEN is on the right track with the company transforming in the next 12 months to producer/explorer good resources and rising U Price.
Next 2 -3 months should see resource upgrade, DFS, finance & permit to mine .

Plenty to keep the shareprice climbing

bung5
21-12-2011, 01:48 PM
DFS has been released

Permit to mine expected first quarter next year

Steady state total production cost of US$31.55 per pound U3O8 including indirect taxes,
royalties and ongoing well-field development

Planned steady state annual production rate of 2.19mlbs U3O8 per annum from three
production units within three years of start-up with initial mine plan based on 17.2mlbs
recovered U3O8

Production late 2012 ( subject to permiting )

Extensive exploration potential remains within the Lance projects area

tobo
03-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Good on those who nibbled in Dec. Up 100% since then
It's nice to have LYC and PEN on a day like yesturday

tobo
05-02-2012, 06:48 AM
It won't ever be entirely back to normal. I think U will be a bit more sensitive to the slightest little radiation concern that might arise in the sensationalist news inustry, but there is definitely an increasing confidence and recognition that (apart from some big radiation leak occurring somewhere) many contries are simply reliant on Nuclear Electricity generation (to keep their businesses going, and to keep people warm/cool in their houses) and that there will have to be sufficient U supply to keep all this going.
U price is strengthening, and we can now see clear bottoms in many U stocks

skeet
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Have a look ERA KW (Ranger Mine) visited it back in Dec 2010.
A friend of mine who lives in Darwin mentioned it to me, more research needs to be done before I buy but at these prices it does look a steal.

soltrader
14-05-2012, 09:11 PM
I wonder why the losses, since there have been no negative announcements lately?
Is it option holders exercising their PENOA? Exercise price is 3c, expiry 30/06/2012.

bung5
14-05-2012, 10:31 PM
yeah those HC rampers only want to hear good things. I sold out of PEN some months ago after reading vintage posts about delays to the SML license delayed issue in 2014 according to the NRC timeline rather than the company saying this year!!

soltrader
14-05-2012, 10:37 PM
If you are implying I hold soltrader:confused:.....Nap...Sold trading and business account shares about 2 months ago.....Still hold personal account (about half).........I have had intoxicating amounts of JB tonight and almost spilled my superhot tips on HC.......Those Aussies got smart......Well f..k them:cursing:.....Yeah Im filthy.............

Don't get what you're trying to say. Not implying you hold at all though, karlos. This is a genuine question.
I was just about to dig up this thread when I noticed you had already brought it to the fore.

soltrader
14-05-2012, 10:41 PM
yeah those HC rampers only want to hear good things. I sold out of PEN some months ago after reading vintage posts about delays to the SML license delayed issue in 2014 according to the NRC timeline rather than the company saying this year!!

I prefer to hear both sides of the argument; the good and the bad. So you reckon this is not caused by option holders exercising?

bung5
15-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I think people are just starting to realise that production is going to be in 2014/15 rather than 2012/2013 as managment have been saying. Remember production was supposed to be in March this year. So those holders waiting another 3 years does not look good. Especially when they have just started ramping up staff at strata energy in USA. If the options don't manage to get converted at 3c next month then they are going to have to do a serious capital raising. Even with the options converted they will still need to raise capital to build the CPP as not all of it will be debt funded as they have suggested in earlier ASX releases. I still like PEN but will be buying back in later on when there is more clarity around the SML and production dates and hopefully a lower shareprice.

soltrader
16-05-2012, 12:00 AM
IMO Price slide is not due to problems with PEN.
It is the general market sentiment.
Ive glanced at several small cap miners and noted many Share Price charts are similar to PENs. They bolted early December last year and are now trending down.

The reason I sold half my stock a couple of months ago was due to some basic T/A of my own finding. If you glance at a 5 year Share Price and OBV chart, you will note the OBV is like the top of the ocean, it surges about every 12 to 15 months. Share Price runs as well but not necessarily to higher highs. We had the surge again and I decided to sell many and plan on buying back in at a lower price.

I regularly read PEN thread on HC and ASF. I found a poster who is genuine, down to earth and worthy of looking into his analysis to see if I can see what he sees. Its El Capo on HC. He has a Top Secret Indicator. An enjoyable character to follow who intrigues me but unfortunately gets knocked by many. He is tipping we will see a low of about 1.7 to 1.8 cents per share. I looked at 10 year chart in weekend and now am sure I see his reasoning for his belief. Gives myself a target re entry price range.

I could ramble on in fine detail forever but I hope this is enough of a basic overview of some of my thoughts. I aint stressed at all in the price slide. Its the market in general. Cheers.

OK, fair enough. I'm a holder. Was thinking maybe better to buy on market (at price lower than 3c if it happens) rather than convert the options.

JBmurc
01-08-2012, 10:39 PM
JBmurc......I have just seen your post on HC PEN thread regarding loading up on ACB.

I am presuming from your comment you have a preference for ACB over PEN. If this is the case then could you explain your reasoning...Cheers:)

From their Qtr report---
A‐Cap Resources Limited (‘A‐Cap’) has discovered one of the world’s largest undeveloped Uranium Deposits (352mlbs) in North Eastern Botswana, since commencing exploration in late 2006. The Letlhakane Uranium Project lies adjacent to Botswana’s main North‐South infrastructure corridor that includes a sealed all weather highway, railway line and the national power grid, all of which will make significant contributions to keeping the capital cost of future developments low.

also just made some major Coal Discoveries looking for more U308... diversification

worth round half what PEN is.......@35mill(ACB is a sleeper PEN is a well known)

has a tight register with some major investors on board..round 240mill share (top20 hold over 50%) PEN muti-billion shares ....can't remember if PEN having many majors holders at all...

ACB going be much more likely target from a predator IMHO ..

tobo
23-08-2012, 06:45 AM
yep,
keep on keeping on

bung5
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Another observation this week........Trendlines.........Super bad arse one:scared:

Note 15 cent in Feb 2011....then 7.5 in Feb 2012.....6.2 shortly after .....recently the last few weeks (false break out few weeks ago got slammed back down)......Goods news with some volume didnt get far this week..................I am presuming the masses on Sharetrader have already diagnosed the diabolical situation facing the prevailing downtrend which is upon us.

Yes folks.........Crunch time at the trendline............next week:scared:

What are we looking at 2c?

bung5
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Would be great to buy into pen at 2c!

tim23
22-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Price and volume action was about to bail out too!

tim23
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Already 31 million traded today looks interesting...

tobo
24-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Never seen it before, but HC claim that PEN told them to shut down the entire pen thread. And it is now silent.
So over to Sharetrader, huh.

bung5
03-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Sheez:confused:.....Ignore above comments.......Aussie Stock Forums has suddenly become so civilised:(.........Good news thou, worth reading....Getting some good perspectives and charts.
CanOz appears switched on, he has just placed a chart with a horizontal trendline on 2.5 cents....pewal on HC had previously shown same on a chart. I reckon different, I placed this chart on ASF (which replicates a couple of CanOz trendlines) so shall be interesting to see if CanOz will reply to debunk my thoughts.

I'm still on the sidelines on PEN. Only thing that can really move it near term would be the SML I would of thought?

Anyway not expecting that this side of the year so happy to wait for now.

robbo24
05-02-2013, 01:13 PM
This guy seems to give a prediction consistent with your wishes...

http://www.kriegercapital.biz/apps/blog/show/22934074-why-uranium-is-a-buy

bung5
25-02-2013, 01:28 PM
With the price of uranium at the moment it won't be unexpected. PENs projects pretty much worthless until the uranium price picks up. Demand supposed to pick up coming years but if it doesn't then can't see the SP moving either (moving up that is)

bung5
12-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Still looking good fellas:t_up:

Sub 2 cents now in our sights:cool:

I might be to worried to buy when it gets to 2 cents :S

robbo24
19-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Sub 2 cents now in our sights:cool:

I've been casually keeping an eye on this thread for a while now... And keeping an eye on the stock.

I'd love to know more about your charts and stuff too - where can I find out what it all means? LOL

percy
21-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Sounds like me.Put my retirement off for another 35years.Pays to have a job you enjoy.!!!
Have you still got a drivers licence?

percy
21-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeh, still have license after 3 speeding tickets and notification from Police due to complaint from public.:(

Enjoy my job as Glazier repairing windows, have had some job stories almost as good as the Cop stories.

Should I nail the low mid year for PEN, Im very confident of nailing the long term high, .......Hello retirement for Karlos:t_up:

Looks as though you will shortly have to borrow your son's bike.
Stay out of PEN at present,bit of catching a falling knife.No good a Glazier without fingers.!!!

robbo24
22-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for your intro karlos!

Have you looked at NTL.NZX/NTL.ASX? If you're into your precious metals then you might like to pop into that thread, as some good recent reports haven't really affected SP.

I'm DYORing on uranium prices at the moment, I'll post some of my thoughts later on.

robbo24
24-05-2013, 10:50 AM
2.3... The downward march continues...

bung5
17-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Should the chart have played out to perfection, we should have seen 1.8 cents at end of June.
If 2.1 cent low at end of June is the bottom, then close enough is good enough for this kid:t_up:

not bad at all. still looks too expensive for me with uranium sitting at $40 a pound. If uranium does not pick up by early next year then they not going to be going into production.

bung5
08-08-2013, 09:45 AM
not bad at all. still looks too expensive for me with uranium sitting at $40 a pound. If uranium does not pick up by early next year then they not going to be going into production.

Uranium now down to $35 a pound. Even more dead in the water IMO

bung5
15-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Would be great to buy into pen at 2c!

well now its close , I don't even think 2c is a good buy :S

tobo
29-01-2014, 02:16 PM
today Pala reveal that they have been continually selling over Dec Jan (reduced holding from 18 to 16%),
and today price went from 2.1 to 2.3c.
It has not been outside the 2.0 to 2.2 band for 2 months.

Bobcat.
14-02-2014, 11:34 AM
I've also got my trigger finger ready with PEN. All that's holding me back is anticipation of Round 2 of the much overdue US Equity market correction, which I'm picking to happen either tonight or early next week. Timing is (almost) everything.

CAM
04-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Geez;),......... the suspense:mad ;:

FOR FLIPS SAKE HURRY UP AND BOLT DAMN YOU PEN:cursing:

there she goes.....???

lambton
05-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Figures its the Canadians boosting Uranium prices yet again eh? Silly buggers!

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/cameco-mine-shutdown-spurs-biggest-rise-in-uranium-price-in-2-12-years/article20234894/?service=mobile

Thanks moosie, interesting that a shut could play havoc with price suggesting demand /supply is in a tight boundary as I would have thought they had sold forward? Own Toe (who knows where this is going)

lambton
05-09-2014, 09:16 PM
This happened during the last massive uranium spike. Mine closure = MASSIVE speculation (the mine wasn't even producing and hadn't even been developed!)

So maybe supply is tight after all and price is being driven down by the few demand players in the game?

tim23
09-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Firmer close on better volume, I had some for sale but withdrew them, hoping they might run?!

Bobcat.
09-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Firmer close on better volume, I had some for sale but withdrew them, hoping they might run?!

Yes, I've pushed my parcel on offer up a few notches closer to 4c. Looking at PEN's chart pattern, this run looks like it could last a week or two.

BC

Bobcat.
23-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey Bobcat, I reckon roughly the run will go to between 6 to 7 cents based heavily on my Fib based fan chart. Could you explain why you feel about 4 cents? Fibs, Gann,... maybe resistance level??

I've since dropped my target sell price to 3.5c. April's high at 3.7c will likely produce some resistance, and until it breaks through that I'll not be convinced that PEN has begun an upward trend. I'll be happy short-term to take profit at just under that level...then watch for more bullish signals before coming back in again.

BKY is also a good Uranium play IMO, especially if and when they get the mining permit that they've applied for in Spain...a country that is in such dire need of an economic boost, I'd be very surprised if they don't.

Discl: holding both...as well as a few PDN (which has a balance sheet stronger than previously thought...thanks to the state of its forward contracts). Yes, Uranium is looking like it will have a strong run through next year.

BFG
04-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Seems stalled out at $38.50 p/lb right now. Japan re-starting up first of many reactors soon may give it a boost.

aussiesilver
04-11-2014, 09:03 PM
I hold over 1.5 million of these shares and have enjoyed the ride to 16 cents some years back. Now they sit at 2.3 cents and are not moving as well as i would expect after the price increase in Uranium. If and when they move is the big question. AGM is on everyones lips at the moment here in Australia. Directors looking for more handouts to fill their pockets,you would not mind helping the poor buggers out if the price was increasing and the company info flowed alot better to us poor investors

BFG
04-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Very interesting to note the top holders of PEN as well. Very strategic having large US banks holding a rather large source of future Uranium production ;)

bung5
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Bit of a worry with the the price of U. Taking a big gamble it will return to $60 by the time their partial sales contract runs out??

BFG
15-11-2014, 10:28 AM
12% price spike this week as Japan agrees to open two of its previously shuttered nuke plants

http://m.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/japan-causes-uranium-spot-price-surge-20141112-11l8c4.html

aussiesilver
09-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Trading Halt and suggestions of another Capital raising,is this stock ever going to rebound

tim23
24-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Big volume today I loaded up some more, anyone else in today?

tim23
29-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Nice finish delayed reaction to ny listing

Joshuatree
29-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Good on you tim. I had a bid in for a trade and then the announcement came out and i was left with the tide out.sa la vie

tim23
29-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Thanks but the NY listing news was 2 days ago so you could have loaded up at 2c?

Joshuatree
29-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Thats right i had a buy @ re 1.7c.. Not int in increasing my buy or chasing so moved on. cheers.

tim23
03-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Holding up nicely on some bad days on the ASX, 3c next stop?

tim23
19-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Anyone on forum still holding/following I have been happy topping up here & there prior to share consolidation and listing in USA.

tim23
08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
I see the price has actually improved post consolidation a good sign often has opposite effect!

karlos68
14-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Hey folks, hope all have been good.

Joined HC again, been dishing it out to them, read this, its funny, trust me

http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/pennant.2824350/#.V9kVCpX_q-s

PS Vince, hope you don't mind the reference to the comedy show, just had to do it.

karlos68
16-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Hope you all enjoyed the amusement above.

As all saw, I shared with the forum my chart below, which was oppositional to the bullish PENnant provided by Yeatsey

As of today, here we are.

karlos68
19-10-2016, 08:47 PM

tim23
06-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Nice rise out of nowhere today mind you well of pre consolidation price

karlos68
08-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Fridays high share price appreciation & volume = good times ahead

I've been having to deal to the PEN trash talkers on the Aussie forums recently. They have stepped it up and been fierce.
I placed charts showing positive divergences providing evidence of a forth coming rally couple weeks back (as displayed below) to waste the knockers.

Vindication I nailed it.

tim23
09-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Good stuff even if they get to $1.00 thats only 2.5c pre consolidation so plenty of price appreciation needed.

karlos68
13-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Good stuff even if they get to $1.00 thats only 2.5c pre consolidation so plenty of price appreciation needed.

Yeah.

Sold yesterday and today soon after opens.

Will place chart as to why when I get the chance.

karlos68
16-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Sold early Friday because......

Bought back in this morning at open.

Due to resistance levels.

karlos68
19-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Sold all my holdings in PEN early in session yesterday.

tim23
21-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Well done guess you wish it was always so easy?!

karlos68
31-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Well done guess you wish it was always so easy?!

Well,

flipped up past week, after few good trades, I bought back in. :t_down:

I do have a TSI, am watching closely, any day now, PEN will be rocking again.:t_up:

karlos68
01-02-2017, 09:37 PM
I do have a TSI, am watching closely, any day now, PEN will be rocking again.

Aus/NZ dollar....... this drops and its all on again

karlos68
02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Aus/NZ dollar....... this drops and its all on again

Looking that way

Touching trendline of RSI Positive Divergence

I reckon PEN is gonna rock again

karlos68
02-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Oh the suspense

karlos68
03-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Aussiebulls.com "Buy" Confirmation

karlos68
09-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Ascending Channel looking mighty fine..............PEN gonna bolt soon

tim23
17-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Nice bounce after placement anyone buying today, I sold some of my placement but have retained a few for the ride.

karlos68
06-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Nice bounce after placement anyone buying today, I sold some of my placement but have retained a few for the ride.

Never bought placement, wouldn't put anymore of my hard earned cash into shares again.

There are times when one has had a gutsful of shares..... wasted 8 years of my life....... let an almighty rally begin soon

karlos68
26-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Intra day low of 35 cents.
This absolutely sucks.

Shareprice at bottom of trendline on Descending Wedge.
Way oversold on RSI.

Hope for us yet:)

karlos68
14-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Here we go again....early stages of another Positive Divergence...volume has been higher than usual since last rally.....Has our time come PEN holders?

karlos68
01-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Long Term Descending Wedges of PEN and U308 looking sweet.
Positive Divergence on RSI looking mean.
Higher Volume than usual.

karlos68
01-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Seems like an eternity:(

However, Long Term Descending Wedge, Positive Divergences on RSI and MAC D.

Joshuatree
01-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Hi karlos what are you saying here; that the bottom is /nearly in or?

karlos68
01-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Hi karlos what are you saying here; that the bottom is /nearly in or?

I've said bottom in prior to a rally previously JT, seen a descending wedge break previously and PEN has bolted, seen it break upper trendline (which it has been touching lower highs) previously and its bolted, I've traded some mean as trades, ...and stuffed up previously and after all this time am down considerably, sometimes mind in good space and all is clear, sometimes too much going on and all is overwhelming......seems much U308 talk from experts/news articles is appreciation of U308 Spot Price is several years away now...all bad news currently, opposite of awesome early 2011 fantastic news..... but, flip, some sort of rally can be expected, how high I don't know............ myself personally am over this sh.t now.

Joshuatree
01-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks karlos. All the best for any new less risky strategies.

karlos68
02-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Thanks karlos. All the best for any new less risky strategies.

All good JT, I was just abit tanked last night.

Another way to explain is my Fibonacci Fan broke lower trendline while back, thought damn it, got to get myself out of the poor situation, trade it, made good exit just below 80 cents early last year when RSI overbought, bought back in 50 to 60 cents late last year, sold early this year all accounts above 80 cents, now have one account back in positive territory, Mrs got sick and in hospital so I'm running at 110% and drained, flipped up and bought back in Feb (when she in hospital) at around 80 cents, to much going on, once mind got back in good space its way to late, down at 40 cents, told wife not her fault, came to a real understanding life /emotions have larger bearing on decision making, have accepted not cut out for this, however, we have seen previous descending wedges, another is the making with reasonable rally expected

Chart with some previous breaks of wedges

Just could be waiting some time yet

tim23
05-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Better finish to the week - breakout imminent?

karlos68
05-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Better finish to the week - breakout imminent?

This share that I fell in love with is breaking me tim23................All on this time??

tim23
06-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Thanks - I topped up in recent capital raising applied for $15k worth and of course got most of them sold most off in mid 50s but still have a few so keen to see possible upturn

Lego_Man
07-08-2017, 03:45 PM
I've said bottom in prior to a rally previously JT, seen a descending wedge break previously and PEN has bolted, seen it break upper trendline (which it has been touching lower highs) previously and its bolted, I've traded some mean as trades, ...and stuffed up previously and after all this time am down considerably, sometimes mind in good space and all is clear, sometimes too much going on and all is overwhelming......seems much U308 talk from experts/news articles is appreciation of U308 Spot Price is several years away now...all bad news currently, opposite of awesome early 2011 fantastic news..... but, flip, some sort of rally can be expected, how high I don't know............ myself personally am over this sh.t now.

To be honest i find your comment highly bullish. The day the true believers finally capitulate is the time to buy.

tim23
16-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Appears so nice finish late in the day up 5c

tim23
09-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Anyone with an idea what caused spike today?

JBmurc
09-11-2017, 09:52 PM

I heard major U308 producer having issues production halted etc >>>

karlos68
10-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Announcement from Cameco ceasing production early next year. Is expected to cut 13% from worldwide production.