PDA

View Full Version : Trafford TRF Magnetite. >70%FE Good Signs

robbo
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Trafford -- TRF--

Magnetite.--Iron Ore...

"Premium Product Indications"

Spec Iron Ore Explorer.....and proving up Iron Ore Deposit.

South Australia

>70% FE Iron Ore Samples confirmed by Independent Assessors

This imo (the >70% FE and Magnetitie-- for Iron Ore is a Good early Sign.....(with emphasis on the early bit....)....

Low market Cap.

imo worth a "good go"--as a smaller allocatiopn--and with due consideration for Risk versus Reward and SPEC status-- for the Bottom Drawer.... with Robbo's Red socks.....[:p];)

Regards,

Robbo:)

Zephyrus
08-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Ahhh, did you mean Trafford TRF?
TFE is Territory Iron...

ONTHENOSE
09-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Great news Today....

"44 Million Tonnes of Premium Quality Iron Confirmed"

Market reacted straight away to the news...[8D]:D

Thanks for bringing this stock to our attention Robbo...;)

Rainesy
10-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Robbo another blinder, how the hell do you find these shares?

Have you any predictions on where you think this one will go?

Rainesy

p0ssy
10-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Surprisingly there was a bit of a gap b/w the shares and the options when the news hit this afternoon - a 35c differnce instead of the usual 25c - I hopped in and bought 20K options and made a few grand. Easy money. Let's hope they keep rising.

robbo
11-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Trafford (TRF).

Hi Rainsey,

Answer to Q. 1.

Here the... odd whisper... via Uncle Maxie, at...'The Pub'...

Answer to your Q.2.

The second annoucement ....re the 44 miillion tonnes at such a high grade of Magnetite ...> greater than...70% FE...allows one to predict/speculate--!!!-- ,....that TRF could have a goodish chance of being at least-- be a 5-7 bagger ++ (within four to five months imo--) ....from the share price ....of TRF....namely 35 cents-- when I began.... the post---.on TRF....last week....

-However,imo, caution, Rainsey, needs imo to be observed, coz, TRF is:

(1) A Explorer and a spec.

(2) TRF-- is not earnings based and/or.... Investment Grade...in any way or form-- -- imo-- in that respect.

(3)It has a long --make that a very long-- way to go ---to ever become a possible Iron Ore mine...

(4) Shareprice likely to be volatile and fickle.

(5) Will be largely 'news' driven...

(6) Watch for ....posssible-- Chnese Sino Secuties type moves...possibly in this respect....

(7) -Traders will possibly move the price around a lot with TRF-- over the next several weeks and months...

Overall--however; yes.... I personally-- do definitely-- like TRF at these prices....with... the warnings and caveats ...of the above...and below...

Kindest Regards,
Robbo.:)

DISCLAIMER
Views expressed in and on this Internet Chat Site Forum, as expressed above are; explicitly unwarranted, and expressed on a strictly: Without Prejudice basis.. These views are only personal opinions and speculations, are definitely not warranted, in any way whatsoever, either expressed or implied, for their accuracy or veracity. These opinions & correspondences, expressed in this email and/or on this internet site are only the writers tentative thoughts and opinions only. Remember, they are, nothing more than that. These views are not. (Repeat: not )to be read as being, or even forming any form whatsoever of investment recommendation, general or specific. Instead, they are just simply personal ideas and opinions, and to repeat, are NOT to be read, taken, or interpreted as financial advice. These expressed opinions written here, are not warranted in any way whatsoever, either expressed or implied, for their, authenticity, or likely predictive outcome. Therefore, these comments are highly subjective, not the basis of officially authorized research, and are therefore likely to be prejudiced by the writers own opinions, perceptions, interests, and outlook. As a result, these views may be prone to errors, as they are not objective, or official in any way, and, have not been checked by an authorized third party, and are possibly incomplete, ill informed and/or inaccurate. With this in mind, the author repeatedly reminds readers, that these opinions expressed here; are strictly on a Without Prejudice basis only. Remember readers, to read these opinions as just one of many expressed personal subjective thoughts and ideas, in the common market-place of ideasand to read these views in this light and as only that. Readers must recognize that, as these views, are only one viewpoint among many possible other viewpoints, they are therefore at best; only the authors own highly subjective whimsical thoughts, impressions, and intuitions. You therefore ought not, repeat not, to rely upon these views for any form of advice or counsel. Instead, you are responsible for your own decisions. Readers must also note that, as with all expressed opinions, they are definitely open to discussion and refutation, as well as the logical weighing and consideration of other alternative interpretations and viewpoints. For any investment decision, the writer urges readers to conduct their own independent and separate investigations and research, and always seek their own qualif

Rainesy
12-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks Robbo for your reply. Too much risk in this one for me so I'll have to give it a miss. I suspect it will drop sharply on Monday morning as traders take their profits. Could be wrong though. :)

Rainesy

denpal
12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rainesy

Thanks Robbo for your reply. Too much risk in this one for me so I'll have to give it a miss. I suspect it will drop sharply on Monday morning as traders take their profits. Could be wrong though. :)

Rainesy

Rainsey,

The MC is still tiny for the inferred resource and the exploration potential. Can't see it dropping for long, but we will see.

DYOR, I am a biased holder

Rainesy
12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey denpal,

I don't think it will stay down for long, there is definately money to be made with this one. However I'm sure the "day traders" will not be able to resist the juicy profits at hand.

Rainesy

robbo
21-02-2007, 11:53 AM
trafford (TRF)

Hi gang,

still hold to my ....original-- 5-7 bagger in 5-6 months hypothesis.
regards,

robbo:)

denpal
21-02-2007, 04:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by davidrob

trafford (TRF)

Hi gang,

still hold to my ....original-- 5-7 bagger in 5-6 months hypothesis.
regards,

I'm looking to increase my holding further now............

tommy
21-02-2007, 05:08 PM
WTF, 8.5 million poured into a company with market cap of 14 million?! This has got to be a massive winner or a complete joke...what da hell does ZINIFEX know what we don't? I'm making a small punt!

21st February 2007
TRAFFORD SIGNS $8.5 MILLION LEAD/ZINC/SILVER
AGREEMENT WITH ZINIFEX FOR WILCHERRY HILL
- Trafford to Manage First $4.5 Million of Exploration
- Magnetite And Gold Discoveries Not Included

The Directors of Trafford Resources Limited (ASX Code:TRF) wish to advise that the Company has signed a letter of agreement for the establishment of a joint venture in
which Zinifex Australia Limited (Zinifex) may spend $8.5 Million to explore for and develop Lead / Zinc / Silver within Traffords Wilcherry Hill Project and contiguous tenements in South Australias Gawler Craton.

Under the agreement Zinifex can earn up to a 75% interest in all Lead / Zinc / Silver discoveries within the project area over a 5 year period by the expenditure, in three stages, of $8.5 Million. The major conditions are:

- During phase 1, Zinifex must spend $500,000 within the first year, before equity earning can commence.
- Zinifex must then spend a further $4.0 Million over the next 2 year period to earn a 51% position in all Lead / Zinc / Silver projects.
- Zinifex must then spend a further $4 Million over the next 2 year period to earn an additional 24%.
- Zinifex may withdraw at any time after the phase 1 expenditure has been completed.

Trafford will be the manager and administrator of the eventual joint venture during the first three years and $4.5 million of expenditure (phases 1 and 2) on the lead / zinc / silver exploration programme.

Trafford currently has 5 (five) identified Lead / Zinc prospects within the Wilcherry Hill Project area and its contiguous South Australian tenements, Including:

a) Telephone Dam best intersection of 6m @ 8.9% Pb & 6.4% Zn from 279m
b) Olympic Hill : 4m @ 0.38% Zn from 72m in reconnaissance drilling
c) Mitchells : - Pb / Zn Soil anomaly
d) Death Adder : - 8m @ 0.22% Zn from 22m in reconnaissance drilling
e) Pier : Soil anomaly.

The agreement with Zinifex, which is one of the worlds major zinc producers, applies specifically to lead, zinc and silver within Traffords tenements at Wilcherry Hill and contiguous areas.

It does not apply to the Wilcherry Hill Magnetite discovery which is currently the subject of a desk-top study for potential development, the recently drilled gold prospect or the Golden Gate uranium prospect which is currently being drilled.

Ian Finch
Managing Director
Tel: 08 9485 1040
Trafford Resources Limited (TRF) is a Perth-based multi commodity mineral exploration
company which has been listed on the ASX since June 2006. Traffords primary focus is
exploring for Iron Oxide/Copper/Gold/Uranium (IOCGU) deposits at the Wilcherry Hill Project
in South Australias Gawler Craton. Trafford has confirmed 44 million tonnes of premium
quality magnetite iron at Wilcherry Hill and has commissioned a desktop study by ProMet into
the economics of a commercial iron mining and processing operation. Future gold exploration
in the area will focus on extensions of known mineralisation.
The information in this announcement that relates to Exploration Results, is based on information
compiled by Ian D. Finch, who is a Member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
and who has more than five years experience in the field of activity being reported on. Mr. Finch is a
full-time employee of the company.
Mr. Finch has sufficient experience which is relevant to the style of mineralisation and type of deposit
under consideration and to the activity which he is undertaking to qualify as a Competent Person as
defined in the 2004 Edition of the Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral
Resources and Ore Reserves. Mr. Finch consents to the inclusion in the report of the matters based on
his information in the form and context in which it appears.

denpal
21-02-2007, 05:33 PM
To clarify the FD share status of TRF, their latest investor presentation as of last week shows the following;

32,222,222 shares fully paid

21,190,741 options in the money, most expiring 2008 with around $5.3M to come to TRF

53,412,963 FD basis x $0.70 SP = MC $37.39M on a FD basis.

Which is still extraordinarily low for:

a) quality of the ground overall, ie prospectivity
b) quality of the management, in particular Ian Finch
c) size and quality of the 44mt magnetite resource already outlined
d) resource potential of magnetite 300-600mt
e) gold hits to date and what that means
f) Zn JV $8.5M with ZFX for 25% eventual share
g) Uranium potential

Yes, I have convinced myself to increase my holdings and have already done so today. I realise that this will be a wild ride and will top-up when the opportunity arises.

DYOR

tommy
21-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks denpal,

Good calculation work there for market cap, taking full dilution into account. Highly appreciated mate!

BTW, what's the exercise price of options?? Options are priced at 0.50 at the moment, which seems a bit high relative to the share price?????

denpal
21-02-2007, 08:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by tommy

Thanks denpal,

Good calculation work there for market cap, taking full dilution into account. Highly appreciated mate!

BTW, what's the exercise price of options?? Options are priced at 0.50 at the moment, which seems a bit high relative to the share price?????

They are 25c options. I should clarify that in my summary the options comprise all issued options all of which are in the money.

tommy
22-02-2007, 09:26 PM
WTF, sell down of small holding by director?

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/0a5fe1ddda523a7a78dffb2f821fc156/ASX-TRF-352495.pdf

He must need some cash urgently or what?!

Zephyrus
23-02-2007, 12:31 PM
LoL.

That's what you call pump it & dump it... and he did a great job.

Z.

Fodder
23-02-2007, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Zephyrus

LoL.

That's what you call pump it & dump it... and he did a great job.

Z.

Come on lets get real here... we are talking about $15k worth of shares held indirectly through a super fund...hardly a pump and dump[|)]

Zephyrus
24-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Doh! Sorry, should've read the announcement...

lewinsky
21-03-2007, 08:02 AM
I note TRF up to 80cents yesterday on no news. Looks like another good call by Robbo.
Interesting to see if it can maintain momentum today.
LEW

robbo
23-03-2007, 05:41 PM
(TF)

Yep, thanks for that Lew...about 130% gains now in 6 weeks...and as I said at the time-- it WILL be traded--and it will be volatile...but there is a better story here imo--than most at these quite lowish market cap levels for a spec.!!

Think (TRF) will double again--(as a spec)-- in another 2-3 months from today ..and so continue to HOLD.

Kind Regards,

robbo

tommy
28-03-2007, 09:05 PM
BINGO! Get ready for some action tomorrow (I hold)!

29th March 2007
Study Supports Traffords Proposed Wilcherry Hill
(South Australia) Magnetite Project as Viable and Robust

-Moderate Operating costs
- Relatively low capital costs
- Margins up to $27 / tonne for premium product (DR Grade)
- Margins up to $23 / tonne for Blast Furnace Grade

The directors of Trafford Resources Ltd (ASX code: TRF) advise that an independent Desk Top Study of the Companys Wilcherry Hill (South Australia) iron ore discovery has concluded that a viable project can be constructed for the export of either Blast Furnace (BF) grade concentrates or the higher grade Direct Reduction (DR) concentrates.

The study by ProMet Engineers was commissioned following very positive results from previous studies of the quality and quantity of the crystalline magnetite resource.

ProMet assessed only a 2 Million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) base case utilising open cut mining, crushing and wet beneficiation. A 64% Iron (Fe) concentrate for export as sinter feed or a +70% direct reduction (DR) grade for pellet making can be produced.

The good metallurgical characteristics of the magnetite (ease of beneficiation) impact favourably on both capital and operating costs.
A BF plant can be built for approximately $A100 million with a further $A88 million for infrastructure whilst a DR plant can be built for an additional $A25 million plus infrastructure. These figures are considered to be conservative since ProMet indicates that considerable optimisation can be carried out on the plant design.

Power is assumed to be linked to the South Australian grid whilst water will be sourced, either from a local bore field or a desalinated supply from Whyalla.

The estimated direct operating costs are modest the BF material being produced for $A22.00c/t whilst the DR material can be produced for approximately $A26/t

Six transportation to port alternatives were investigated and costed. These costs varied from $A12/t for pipeline transportation (DR grade only), between $A14/t to $A18/t for rail transport and between $A19/t and $A22/t for road transportation. When added to the calculated operating costs the most viable options for BF and DR grade export indicate overall operating margins at approximately $A23/t and $A27/t respectively.

The tenements comprising the Wilcherry Hill Project are centred about 30 km north of the township of Kimba on the northern Eyre Peninsula of South Australia. The map below shows the deposit location and main infrastructure.

The crystalline magnetite discovered by Trafford at Wilcherry Hill differs in quality (higher iron content, high weight recovery and significantly lower impurities) from any other magnetite currently being considered for development in Australia. A study by ProMet reported to ASX on the 7th February 2007 stated the quality of the material is regarded in the iron ore industry as a premium product.

The Board of Trafford is now considering all options for the early development of the project, which has attracted interest from steelmakers in China and Japan.

Ian Finch
Managing Director
(08) 9485 1040

Trafford Resources Limited (TRF) is a Perth-based mineral exploration company which has been listed on the ASX since June 2006. Traffords primary focus is exploring for Iron Oxide/Copper/Gold/Uranium (IOCGU) deposits in South Australias Gawler Craton.
The information in this announcement that relates to Results is based on information compiled by Ian D. Finch, who is a Member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and who has more than five years experience in the field of activity being reported on. Mr. Finch is a full-time employee of the company.
Mr. Finch has sufficient experience which is relevant to the style of mineralisation and type of deposit under consideration and to the activity which he is undertaking to qualify as a Competent Person as defined in the 2004 Edition of the Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources an

denpal
28-03-2007, 09:21 PM
And that is based on the 44Mt not the 300-600Mt exploration target!!!

robbo
28-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Trafford. TRF.- Easy to do the math on this one now.

I suspect this will Ten(10) Bag now, (within say approx 6- 9 months from the buy in point--about 7- 8 weeks ago--which I suggested here on Sharetrader.....

Kindest Regards,

robbo :)

lewinsky
29-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Robbo,

Looks like the market is catching up with you.
Nice call.
LEW

tommy
29-03-2007, 12:41 PM
One dollar here we come! Max respect to Robbo!! :):):):):)

moimoi
29-03-2007, 01:04 PM
thought it was a beautifully understated announcement as well....:-)

no hype here!!

cheers
Moi.

tommy
29-03-2007, 04:50 PM
WTF, still up 20% and it's not coming down[:0]

Wanna pick up more below 90C, but might have to wait for the T+3 breather...

That said, TRF is still cheap at this level considering its upside potential and market cap. Will continue to be a volatile play though, we don't know how they are going to raise $20m yet so it will be a rollercoaster ride;)

tommy
29-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Now $1.05, massive explosion[:0][8D]:D[:I][:o)][:X]

I think I need a beer to calm down, this is going up too fast[:o)]

tommy
29-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Closed at $1.02 up 25%, not bad in one day[:p]

Did a bit of profit taking but still holding a chunk. Interesting times ahead;)

robbo
30-03-2007, 12:56 PM
traffford (TRF)

Hi guys,

Hope your enjoying "the Trafford ride"---:)[:p]

Trafford (TRF)-- now a "Share-Trader 4 bagger Special" -- about a four(4) bagger..... since the PUB 'call'-- exclusively here on S/Trader-:);)--- less than 7-8 weeks ago--...

And what is heartening also, imo-- is that this is ....on ....good solid.... & increasing ....volumes.

Kindest Regards,

robbo:):)

moimoi
30-03-2007, 01:06 PM
just beautiful....

might have to rename this one...REDBULL. lol

its given me wings!! lol

the big bonus is that there is not alot of shares on issue (for now) with this one!!

cheers
Moi.

tommy
30-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi moimoi,

Up another 20% today reaching as high as $1.3 at one point... will it hit $1.5 within the next several days? Have no idea how much this will rise now!!!

robbo
30-03-2007, 02:49 PM

Hi moimoi,

Up another 20% today reaching as high as $1.3 at one point... will it hit $1.5 within the next several days? Have no idea how much this will rise now!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HI Tommy,

Trafford--TRF-- On a conservative valuation basis--discounted for Risk--$3.00 in the next 3-4 months--is my assessment--

That still puts them (TFF) at well under $80 m market cap

Kindest Regards,

tommy
30-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi ROBBO!

THREE BUCKS?! mmm, if they find a bit of uranium in their sandpit I'm sure things will go crazy... cannot wait for more exploration results.

There should be an opportunity to top up when T+3 traders unload their holdings, although TRF has been rising vertically so it makes me wonder whether we are aiming for the blue sky [?]

Not complaining though.

Excellent call on this one robbo, you are da man!!

tommy
30-03-2007, 08:45 PM
ARTICLE:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21471812-913,00.html

Iron ore scrip 25pc

CAMERON ENGLAND

March 30, 2007 02:15am
Article from: The Advertiser

TRAFFORD Resources's proposed iron ore project on northern Eyre Peninsula could be set up for as little as $188 million, the company said yesterday.

Trafford shares jumped 25.2 per cent on the news, adding 20.5c to $1.02.

An independent desk-top study of the Wilcherry Hill iron ore discovery 30km north of Kimba concluded a viable project could be established to export either blast furnace-grade (BF) concentrates or higher-grade direct-reduction (DR) concentrates.

"A BF plant can be built for approximately $100 million with a further $88 million for infrastructure whilst a DR plant can be built for an additional $25 million plus infrastructure," the company said.

"These figures are considered to be conservative since (consultant firm) ProMet indicates that considerable optimisation can be carried out on the plant design.

"Power is assumed to be linked to the South Australian grid whilst water will be sourced either from a local bore field or a desalinated supply from Whyalla. The estimated direct operating costs are modest, the BF material being produced for $22 per tonne whilst the DR material can be produced for approximately $26 per tonne."

The overall operating margins were calculated at about $23 per tonne and $27 per tonne for each option.

Promet's calculations were based on an assumption of two million tonnes of ore a year from an operation comprising an an open-cut mine with, crushing and wet-beneficiation facilities.

"A 64 per cent iron concentrate for export as sinter feed or a 70 per cent-plus direct reduction grade for pellet making can be produced," the company said. "A study by ProMet reported to the Australia Securities Exchange on February 7, 2007, stated the quality of the material is regarded in the iron ore industry as a premium product.

"The board of Trafford is now considering all options for the early development of the project, which has attracted interest from steelmakers in China and Japan."

steve fleming
31-03-2007, 02:27 PM

mmm, if they find a bit of uranium in their sandpit I'm sure things will go crazy... cannot wait for more exploration results.

Hi Tommy,

there is already Uranium there

"At Golden Gate earlier drilling by Shell Minerals in the early 1980s intersected 10 metres
@ 316 ppm U from 46 metres (including 2 metres @ 510 ppm U from 52 metres)"

equates to a grade of 0.03% - 0.05% U - which is OK.

But this is a great story unfolding...especially with the minimal free float!

robbo
01-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Trafford (TRF)

HI Steve,

Glad to hear you got on board TRF...

Trafford, has some of the excellent characteristics now-- and indeed, Might be one of the real spec Stock ..."success stories" :) for first Calendar half of 2007.

Kindest Regards,

Robbo.
------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:Originally posted by steve fleming

mmm, if they find a bit of uranium in their sandpit I'm sure things will go crazy... cannot wait for more exploration results.

Hi Tommy,

there is already Uranium there

"At Golden Gate earlier drilling by Shell Minerals in the early 1980s intersected 10 metres
@ 316 ppm U from 46 metres (including 2 metres @ 510 ppm U from 52 metres)"

equates to a grade of 0.03% - 0.05% U - which is OK.

But this is a great story unfolding...especially with the minimal free float!

denpal
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
AA,

The MC is still pretty minimal for all the apparent resource and prospectivity of the ground. I'll be watching closely to double up at the opportune moment.

steve fleming
01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by davidrob

Trafford (TRF)

HI Steve,

Glad to hear you got on board TRF...

Trafford, has some of the excellent characteristics now-- and indeed, Might be one of the real spec Stock ..."success stories" :) for first Calendar half of 2007.

Kindest Regards,

Robbo.

Hi Robbo. Only boarded TRFlast week so missed the start of the party....but like the story very much and looking forward to what is about to unfold! Cheers!

tommy
02-04-2007, 03:43 PM
TRF down 7%, will it come down to sub-$1.00? Want to pick up more!

TRF is becoming a great trading stock, T+3 fall was very predictable but not sure how low it will go considering that there aren't that many shares to go around.

When is da Uranium report due?

tommy
03-04-2007, 05:55 PM
TRF down 10%, wonder where it will find support?

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/interchart/interchart.asp?symb=AU%3Atrf&draw.x=0&draw.y=0

denpal
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM

TRF down 10%, wonder where it will find support?

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/interchart/interchart.asp?symb=AU%3Atrf&draw.x=0&draw.y=0

I was happy to buy more today at just over $1......as no-one knows when more positive results will be released and send it into orbit again. Recall that uranium results are awaited on 3 holes where previous drilling had found good hits............hopefully at least one hole will be a "directors special"! I noticed that the options are very uneven in their pricing; good opportunities but illiquid except on high volume good news.

denpal
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Back up to $1.20 today.

tommy
10-04-2007, 08:31 PM
TRF up 25% today and no one posting?!

Am I the only one still holding this firecracker or what?!

News must be coming soon on the U results[?]

denpal
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM

TRF up 25% today and no one posting?!

Am I the only one still holding this firecracker or what?!

News must be coming soon on the U results[?]

Tommy,

Yes I'm still very much in! Great day +25% for a non-pure spec share is pretty solid, especially after last week's excitement.

denpal
11-04-2007, 01:22 PM
And another great day! What a ride.

tommy
11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah Denpal,

TRF is literally flying... and I don't know what to do with this stock now, so I'm gonna let it run on its own:D

Doubled my money in just a few weeks so I'm a happy bunney at the moment[:I]

denpal
11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I've got the same problem. But with the company still on a strong growth curve to fair value for all the resource who knows when it will take a breather?

The maths certainly is eye-watering at $50M pa margin on base-case 2mtpa magnetite and probably much much more with the bigger resource once proven, plus the gold and others like zinc when found. Not to mention the uranium wild-card which would be just too much ATM.

lewinsky
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Huge thanks to Robbo on this one. His last post was on the 1st April. I am figuring that for every one cent rise he has consumed another crownie,hence perhaps his silence of late?
Anyway from this side of the ditch,great call!
Prospects look very good for further rises.

ruethewhirl
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Robbo.

Hats off to you mate.

This is one of my all-time best.

Thanks for bringing her home.

Took profits today on the gap up.

:)

robbo
16-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Trafford (TRF)

Thanks for the congrats guys.....re (TRF) ....

Once they "pop"--I usually just hold, and hold and hold....hold, and hold and hold....[^][^]

It would be of course so easy to give a Daily Commentary--But like with MTN-- it is I guess --re Trafford (TRF) quite obvious by now...

...However, perhaps-- it is.....Worth quietly....noting .... ];);).....that in less then 2 months.....this Trafford (TRF)-- is now a .... (drum roll please....[:o)][:I][:I]....)...:D:D...a Full.... Genuine.... Six (6)... Bagger....in only .... yep.... about 8-9 weeks .... !

Kindest Regards,

Robbo .. :)

tommy
16-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Robbo, you've done it again:)

Look at TRF chart:

PE is still around $40-something million, which is dirt cheap!

Maximum respect to you for your amazing stock picking skills, don't know how you sniff these gems out[:0]

tommy
18-04-2007, 02:20 PM
What da?!

18th April 2007
TRAFFORD TO CREATE NEW IRON ORE COMPANY TO DEVELOP WILCHERRY HILL (S.A.) IRON DISCOVERY

The directors of Trafford Resources Limited (ASX code: TRF) are pleased to report their intention to seek public listing for a new iron ore company to develop the Wilcherry Hill crystalline magnetite iron deposit discovered by Trafford 30 kilometres north of Kimba, South Australia, late last year.

It is proposed that the new company, to be known as IronClad Mining Limited, will acquire a 50 percent interest in the Wilcherry Hill iron project from Trafford and be responsible for ongoing ore definition drilling, a full feasibility study into the development, production and marketing of the iron ore and for subsequent construction, mining and marketing operations.

The Trafford board are currently interviewing high profile candidates for the role of chief executive officer (CEO) of IronClad Mining and hope to announce an appointment shortly.

Trafford intends to retain a 50% interest in the iron project and also retain a large shareholding in IronClad Mining.

Subject to ASX and other statutory approvals, current Trafford shareholders will receive a preferential entitlement to shares in IronClad Mining, giving them the opportunity to participate in the project development directly as shareholders in IronClad and indirectly as shareholders of Trafford. Trafford option holders will need to exercise their options in order to participate in this preferential offer.

Trafford intends to retain the rights to all other minerals in its tenements including gold, copper, uranium and any credits which may be produced with the iron.

The separate corporate structure will facilitate and provide initial funding for the early development of the Wilcherry Hill iron resource without distracting Trafford from the ongoing exploration of its highly prospective gold, uranium and zinc prospects or diluting current shareholdings in the company.

An independent quantitative study of the Wilcherry Hill iron deposits undertaken by Maprock Pty Ltd reported in early February that the Weednanna, Weednanna North and Ultima Dam East prospects contained a total JORC compliant, indicated and inferred iron ore resource of 44 million tonnes to a depth of 150m at an average in situ grade of 36.4%Fe. Maprock also identified an exploration target potential in the area in the range of 300 to 600 million tonnes of the iron rich, magnetite bearing material.

The crystalline magnetite discovered at Wilcherry Hill differs in quality (significantly higher weight recovery during beneficiation and significantly lower impurities) from any other magnetite currently being mined or considered for development in Australia and is regarded in the iron ore industry as being able to produce highly saleable premium products.

A desk-top study by ProMet Engineers (reported 29 March 2007) assessed a 2 million tonnes a year base case for development utilising open cut mining, crushing and wet beneficiation to produce either a 64% iron concentrate for export as sinter feed or a 70% direct reduction grade iron for pellet making.

ProMet estimated that a plant producing Blast Furnace (BF) grade could be built for approximately $A100 million with a further $88 million for infrastructure whilst a Direct Reduction (DR) plant can be built for an additional $25 million plus infrastructure. Direct operating costs (excluding transport) were estimated at $A22.02c a tonne for BF material and $A26.29c tonne for DR material.

The ProMet study will help provide the initial platform for the IronClad feasibility study and resource drilling program, but project optimisation, transport costs, market opportunities and national and international demand will clearly influence the final shape of the proposed iron project at Wilcherry Hill.

Ian Finch
Managing Director
Tel: 08 9485 1040

Trafford Resources Limited (TRF) is a Perth-based mineral exploration company which has been listed on the ASX since June 2006. Traffordfs primary focus is expl

tommy
18-04-2007, 03:11 PM
TRF down 10%, my stop-loss triggered to lock in profits so I got kicked out[:0]

Oh well, made plenty of money on this one and will get back in when more details of the new company is announced. At the moment there is too much uncertainty regarding shareholder dilution.

tommy
19-04-2007, 05:43 PM
TRF now down 10% to $1.40, been trending downwards since doji star appeared on 16th... in hindsight it shows that it pays off to take profits while the going is good[}:)]

Appears that the only thing that can now stop the downtrend is a new announcement regarding U results or clarification of how the new company will be launched...

robbo
23-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Trafford---(TRF)

And adds Uranium to the excellent Iron Ore Story.....

Concentrate on the actual asset---imo--not on the share price.

Regards,

Robbo:)

Winnie Burgers
27-04-2007, 11:12 PM
quote:Concentrate on the actual asset---imo--not on the share price

Very easily said when you didn't BUY in @ $1.79?!![B)] [:o)]

At times like this I find solace in having a sh*t in a bag and then kicking it ... :)

ruethewhirl
28-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Rue got out at three bags.

Rue didn't want to be greedy :-)

mamos
14-05-2007, 06:33 PM
What do people think of the Iron Clad IPO. Looks like it will be valued at $40m with TRF retaining 50%.

IronClad Mining Limited, will acquire a 50 percent interest in the Wilcherry Hill iron project from Trafford with the option to earn an additional 30% by spending a minimum of $10 million. Trafford will be free carried by IronClad through to production. As previously announced IronClad will be responsible for ongoing ore definition drilling, a full feasibility study into the development, production and marketing of the iron ore and for subsequent construction, mining and marketing operations.
IronClad intends to raise $20 million by way of an Initial Public Offering by issuing 20 million $1 Ordinary Shares and Trafford will retain a 50% direct shareholding in the company.
Trafford shareholders, who hold shares, as at the record date, 25th May 2007, will receive a preferential entitlement to shares in IronClad Mining, giving them the opportunity to participate in the project development directly as shareholders in IronClad and indirectly as shareholders of Trafford. Trafford option holders will need to exercise part or all of their options in order to participate in this preferential offer.

denpal
14-05-2007, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by mamos

What do people think of the Iron Clad IPO. Looks like it will be valued at $40m with TRF retaining 50%.

IronClad Mining Limited, will acquire a 50 percent interest in the Wilcherry Hill iron project from Trafford with the option to earn an additional 30% by spending a minimum of $10 million. Trafford will be free carried by IronClad through to production. As previously announced IronClad will be responsible for ongoing ore definition drilling, a full feasibility study into the development, production and marketing of the iron ore and for subsequent construction, mining and marketing operations.
IronClad intends to raise $20 million by way of an Initial Public Offering by issuing 20 million $1 Ordinary Shares and Trafford will retain a 50% direct shareholding in the company.
Trafford shareholders, who hold shares, as at the record date, 25th May 2007, will receive a preferential entitlement to shares in IronClad Mining, giving them the opportunity to participate in the project development directly as shareholders in IronClad and indirectly as shareholders of Trafford. Trafford option holders will need to exercise part or all of their options in order to participate in this preferential offer.

Great idea, TRF will ultimately have a 60% interest in the IO resource; 40% through its Ironclad shareholding (ie 50% of 80%) and 20% net free-carry interest. No pro-rata entitlement for the IPO so I have got some extra HINs arranged today. Iron clad will have a small share register that's for sure.

mamos
15-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Hi Denpal,

So you think the IPO will be heavily oversubsribed?

How do you go about arranging extra HIN's. Does another broking account need to be opened?

Also, what are your thoughts on the cost of transport for the iron?

denpal
15-05-2007, 03:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by mamos

Hi Denpal,

So you think the IPO will be heavily oversubsribed?

How do you go about arranging extra HIN's. Does another broking account need to be opened?

Also, what are your thoughts on the cost of transport for the iron?

Mamos,

Yes I think it will be much in demand as the offered number of shares is low. Bit unusual offering them at $1 each though, that may put off some. Extra HINs; by that I mean my family members apart from myself have also bought some TRF to get a preferential entitlement.

Transport cost - is a factor with options and relative costs needing to be confirmed by TRF.

Winnie Burgers
28-05-2007, 09:00 PM
You still holding davidrob?!!
[B)]

ONTHENOSE
29-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Any thoughts on the current TRF situation. [?][?][?]

Personally i thought the whole Ironclad was a good plan.. Market dosnt seem to think so..[}:)]

Regards

Mike

clearasmud
30-05-2007, 12:18 AM
I have seen nothing to dissuade me from the opinion that management is first rate.
Now if the sp would only drop back to 80c...

I will be accepting the Iron Clad ipo offer (the fifth spp/ipo for me this year so far!)

Winnie Burgers
31-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Wahoo!!
I've lost over 50% and she's still dropping!!
[:o)][?]

ASXIOU
31-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Any TRF holders received their prospectus with priority application form yet???

denpal
31-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Well Robbo did say they would be volatile, how right that was!!!!!!!!

No, nothing received as yet for Ironclad.

I sold most of my heads at 1.20-1.25 but bought more options which are looking somewhat underwater now............no point watching this daily, in a few months I'm sure the value will be appreciated once again.

denpal
06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Ann. today saying drilling is about to commence on extending historic uranium and gold drill results.

SP reacted well, up 18% today to 95.5c now. Still a long way down from the $1.50-$1.75 area but it had been too oversold at the 80-85c level.

I still haven't received my Ironclad prospectuses, bit strange - any other Kiwis received theirs yet?

lakeys
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
yes today in wellington

clearasmud
07-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes I have also.
Who is taking up the offer?

lakeys
07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I think the head shares are better buying below $1 .
what do others think?

denpal
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by clearasmud

Yes I have also.
Who is taking up the offer?

Got mine today, in the South Island. The envelopes are pretty battered around, goodness knows where they've been the last week.

Yes I will apply for 3-4,000 per HIN and post away tomorrow by courier.

moimoi
07-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Have just waded my way thru the prospectus ;)

And am now in a quandry....i really only picked TRF for the iron ore exposure and now feel a little tweezered by the fact that i have to shell out more dough to get direct exposure to what i was seeking in the first place....

If the resource can be upgraded then i suspect that ironclad could be a rocketship.....drilling an additional 31,000m when they have only drilled 1600m to date seems pretty aggressive to my mind.(assuming they can get some drillrigs)

Am kinda thinking that i might just stick with my TRF's and hope that an "efficient" marketplace will rerate TRF via its 50% holding as the "good" news comes out.

can't help but feel my TRF's are now at the mercy of drill results concerning U and Au.?? (which doesn't seems as firm a position as what we were in 2 months ago.)

those getting in will have move...gotta get forms to WA by Tuesday.

cheers
Moi

ONTHENOSE
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Robbo and others...

Anyone still riding the Trafford Tower of Terror?
Only a few days away from the Ironclad float..[:p]

Any thoughts on how this will effect Trafford[?]

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated....:)

Regards

Mike

clearasmud
08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
My feeling is Ironclad will float at a premium[8D]

moimoi
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
i'd expect it to get away at a premium as well...it closed over subscribed...also get the feeling that the small buying pressure on TRF over the past week is a result of punters positioning themselves in advance of the listing.

cheers
Moi.

denpal
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice to see TRF bounce back to life. Given that the I-O sector has been very buoyant lately we still have a lot of headroom I think.

I have held throughout and picked up more options near the low.

:)

tommy
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM
TRF on an upswing again before Ironclad listing (IFE)

Bought back in again for a potential quickie[}:)]

moimoi
12-07-2007, 05:34 PM
TRF is all over the place...

**shaking head unknowingly**

tommy
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by moimoi

TRF is all over the place...

**shaking head unknowingly**

Yeah, TRF is and always have been a rocky ride, absolutely unpredictable[xx(] Got stopped out today at a loss, bummer!

tommy
20-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Looks like the good ol' TRF is on an uptrend again

Market cap 25 million, its holding of ironclad (IFE) alone makes this stock cheap. I bought in again today :-)

moimoi
20-09-2007, 06:03 PM
:-) and nice to see the rise on some volume today too....the volume of late has been pityful.!!

tommy
09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
TRF on a steady uptrend but today's jump was bigger than usual, is this IFE related? Is it too early to start counting da chickens? Any news will be appreciated!

clearasmud
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I feel Trafford is a volitile stock with real potential.
I am holding for the medium term.DYOR
Clearasmud

clearasmud
19-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone still holding this share or ife

Positive interview with Ian Finch today.
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TRF&E=ASX&N=407331

looks like we can expect a 100m ton jorc for high quality magnetite in July.
Some of it dso.

Clearasmud (holding trf).

Dr_Who
19-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Another confusing shareholding.

Do TRF have 41m or 28.5m shares on issue? :confused:

moimoi
19-05-2008, 03:56 PM
last annual report states...providing i can read it correctly :-)

34m fully paid ordinary shares
10m unlisted options
8.9m listed options

clearasmud
19-05-2008, 04:27 PM

10m unlisted options
8.9m listed options

hi.
i think most of the unlisted 25c and 35c options were exercised early this year.
I have on my spreadsheet 39m fully paids and 11m 25c options for a market cap of $33m at 70c

Dr_Who
19-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Quarterly has it at 41 million shares.

clearasmud
19-05-2008, 05:58 PM

10m unlisted options
8.9m listed options

Quarterly has it at 41 million shares.

Thanks , Just updated my records.

not too much interest in the shares atm.
On the other hand not many sellers either.
Perhaps one for the watchlist.
this could turn quickly.
clearasmud (holding since 02/07 but have averaged down)

moimoi
18-07-2008, 01:03 PM
how on earth is it possible to sell 7 shares for the sum total of $4??

as happened at 10.30 this am.

and why would you??...a sudden and overwhemling panic attack??

moimoi
16-12-2009, 08:36 PM
well one needed some intestinal fortitude (or blindness) to get thru the Feb lows of 0.09.

1 for 20 distribution of ROL shares coming up and consequently running nicely lately...up another 15% today :)

cher
Moi.

drillfix
17-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi MoiMoi, dont worry about the 7 shares mate, probably a BOT just executing some movement.

Looks like this stock has also been dancing Rock n roll, and I am wondering , where the F have I been.

I really need to wake up a bit. But wasn't this stock suspended not so long ago? Maybe I have the wrong stock but I thought it had been.

Here is an update from iRess on how many shares on issue:

Issuer Name Trafford Resources Limited
Industry Group Metals & Mining - 151040
Shares on Issue 68,238,348
Price (previous close in cents) 42 Market Cap ($) 28,660,106

lakeys
17-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Have a good look at TRF (45c)
The 2 companys TRF have big share holdings are ROL $1.25 and rising ( GOLD gold and more gold) just got to prove up the rest and get it out!
and IFE 70c ( very high grade coal and lots with easy access to markets ) all due to come out of the ground soon.
If you add up the free carry and the other bits TRF should be 75c to 90c (discounted) so there should be a bit more up side in TRF share price yet.
disclosure (brought in at 19 to 22c)

moimoi
17-12-2009, 11:47 AM
drillfix...as far as i know it hasn't been suspended

Lakeys... IFE is iron ore not coal

cheers
Moi

lakeys
17-12-2009, 01:27 PM
sorry Moimoi, was getting things mised up after too many gins

drillfix
17-12-2009, 01:37 PM
drillfix...as far as i know it hasn't been suspended

Lakeys... IFE is iron ore not coal

cheers
Moi

So sorry Moimoi, Just looked at an Iron Watch list of mine and now realise it was Territory, TTY now TRF.

TRF was just below TTY and for the life of me, dont know why I thought that.

Looks like a good trader today , although, its looking like it has run a bit hard or maybe too hard dont ya think? Either that or it may be due for a breather some time! (imo)

clearasmud
18-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Although this stock may retrace I feel it is not expensive based on its some of the parts.
ie .75 ife*.73*44m=$24.1m
10.8m rol*1.60=$17.28
Total $41.3m
TRF enterprise value $43.3m
TRF has several other rights and assets and importantly is the core holding of Ian Finch the Chairman of IFE

I purchased some ife today as I feel that good news on progress in its dso project is due soon.

Cheers,
Clearasmud
Holds TRF

JBmurc
18-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Came real close to buying in the low 30's only weeks ago instead invested into TGF thats down on low vol -for every success short term trade there's another one I let slip.....
NKP,COV,TRF are all resent shares I placed orders then pulled because it wasn't filled or I believed another company looked better at the time ...

lakeys
18-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Although this stock may retrace I feel it is not expensive based on its some of the parts.
ie .75 ife*.73*44m=$24.1m
10.8m rol*1.60=$17.28
Total $41.3m
TRF enterprise value $43.3m
TRF has several other rights and assets and importantly is the core holding of Ian Finch the Chairman of IFE

I purchased some ife today as I feel that good news on progress in its dso project is due soon.

Cheers,
Clearasmud
Holds TRF

IFE down to 70c today and iron ore price up last month and up so far this month but still not at 2008 levels.
I like TRF,with the free carry of IFE and the 50% and then there is there ROL which has so much more drilling to do in the next few months.
and its been all good so far.

lakeys
29-12-2009, 05:39 PM
TRF now 78c, (almost a 4 bagger in 2 months), todays 18% rise is a result of ROL 20+% rise.
Oh why didnt i buy more at 20c!

drillfix
29-12-2009, 05:47 PM
TRF now 78c, (almost a 4 bagger in 2 months), todays 18% rise is a result of ROL 20+% rise.
Oh why didnt i buy more at 20c!

Lakey's, I think the question I would be asking myself would be, when am I going to take some money off the table? LOL:p ;)

clearasmud
30-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Well I bought last month in the low 20s and am not selling.

Can see 2-3$ next year.

drillfix
30-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, now as you know, Im not the Sell Police, I was based on if it were me say holding 50,000 fpo say. In my scenario, would be taking some profits or gone free carried.

I know TRF has kinda run pretty hard but wouldn't want to see it do what THX has done. As in ie: Shot up from about 28c to 78 cents and then did a total decline.

Anyways, what goes up this fast does come down, be it slowly but surely, or rapidly and IMO after a run like TRF has had I can see the same thing happening over the next couple of weeks.

Plus there ain't no rules to say you cant buy it back ;)

Either way, good luck~!

clearasmud
30-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope you are wrong drilly.
this is one of 2 companies i need to perform to make me some serious (for me) money next year.
Trf is planning to go into 2 mil ton a year production next year.
I dont think this is factored into the sp yet.

Its the holding that makes the serious money not the trading.
(from Jesse Livermore)

drillfix
31-12-2009, 01:32 PM
this is one of 2 companies i need to perform to make me some serious (for me) money next year.

CM, you could be very right about production and it not being factored in the sp.

I hope I am wrong too, but truth be known nothing goes totally straight up without some sort of fall back, and that will eventually happen, but by how much? Who knows, as you say, it may start factoring that in now and more for later so it may just track sideways.

(from Jesse Livermore)

Well, all I can say to that comment is it works both ways and it all is reflective on a variety of ones own circumstances ;)

soulman
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM

(from Jesse Livermore)

Well done CAM. Looking to enter this stock last week but chicken out. Hindsight is one thing but bravery is another. Drilly points to the great run since early Dec but it seems nothing is stopping this train.

drillfix
04-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Yep, and the Run continues.

I too chickened out Soulman. Was thinking about using Commsec's funds to trade it but didnt want to take a potential hit as I would have to sell by tomorrow or eod, but dont have the dosh to cover which = danger will robins~!

Trying to figure out what the story is with IFE ironclad though, is this a 50-50 JV or something?

drillfix
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Tell ya what SM, it feels pretty sickening watching a couple grand slip past our fingers while we talk about this...lol

Ye who dares wins :p

add:
And to think NO SPEEDING ticket, Haaaaa, What a fkn joke the ASX are, totally~!

drillfix
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
As posted on IFE thread.

Here is a snapshot of IntraDay for IFE and TRF

http://i49.tinypic.com/be8nqx.gif

Rip chord please~! :D

shasta
22-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update:

MCap @ 26c = ~$22.0m

Cash @ 31/3 = $3.0m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.66 = $18.2m
ROL = 7.2m @ $1.34 = $9.7m

Total Listed Investments = $27.9m

Total Assets = $30.9m

EV ($8.9m)

NTA = ~36c

Discount to NTA = ~28%

Chart looks awful, but there 20% free carry into there own spin off IFE, looks good (TRF owns 36.3% of IFE)

moimoi
22-06-2011, 04:28 PM
up 13% today Shasta....do you run a tipping service or something ?? ;-)

shasta
22-06-2011, 04:48 PM
up 13% today Shasta....do you run a tipping service or something ?? ;-)

No, perhaps i should, i notice the thread views go up when i post ;)

Often wonder if what i post ends up on other sites?

shasta
25-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 24/6/11)

MCap @ 26.5c = ~$22.4m

Cash @ 31/3 = $3.0m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.62 = $17.0m
ROL = 7.2m @ $1.25 = $9.0m

Total Listed Investments = $26.0m

Total Assets = $29.0m

EV ($6.6m)

NTA = ~34c

Discount to NTA = ~22%

TRF joins the ranks of MFC, DGR, MLM, & HRS as Negative EV stocks ;)

shasta
29-06-2011, 10:55 PM
TRF - Trafford Cashes up for Aggressive Exploration

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TRF&E=ASX&N=546951

Highlights:
• Over $4 Million Liquidated from Investments.
• Over 2,000sq km of Newly Released Gawler Block Area under Application (Jumbuck Project).
• Aggressive Exploration for IOCGU’s planned.
• Advanced Exploration to continue at Wilcherry Hill for Gold, Silver, Lead and Zinc.
• Iron Ore joint Venture (20% TRF) on Track for 2011 Start Up.

TRF had $3m cash at last quarter so the $4.1m proceeds from partial sale of ROL, puts them in a great position, given there 20% IO interest is a free carry!

TRF @ 28c = MCap $23.7m, cash $7.1m (less spent this qtr), Listed Investments IFE & ROL = $23.5m leaving Negative EV of $6.9m

I'm really liking TRF, for those wanting more info on there main project read the presentation from IFE (80% interest)

In addition to TRF's 20% free carry interest in the project they have an indirect interest of 29% (being 36.3% of IFE's 80% interest)

shasta
02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 1/7/11)

MCap @ 32c = ~$27.1m

Cash = $7.1m (cash figure includes the $4.1m proceeds of ROL shares sold)

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.665 = $18.3m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.45 = $7.7m

Total Listed Investments = $26.0m

Total Assets = $33.1m

EV ($6.0m)

NTA = ~39c

Discount to NTA = ~18%

* Nb, Actual cash figures will be adjusted for when quarterlies are announced

moimoi
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Hope you picked some up in the twenties Shasta... :-)

seems to have found its feet since you made your call..

up another 15% today.

shasta
04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Hope you picked some up in the twenties Shasta... :-)

seems to have found its feet since you made your call..

up another 15% today.

Hopefully a few Sharetraders jumped onboard after my 29th June TRF summary ;)

denpal
04-07-2011, 08:25 PM
All sounds good, but TRF has over several years consistently traded at a significant discount like many holding companies do. Ian Finch needs to walk the talk more I reckon. So much potential but when is the value going to be unlocked? Can't see that it will be anytime soon. IFE maybe, but that has question marks also. I do have a small residual holding that I'll keep and see what happens just in case ROL really is the next Lihir Island and/or IFE hits its stride. Oh, and TRF may actually find some gold and get a JORC under its belt.

moimoi
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Denpal...do you have an opinion on the barge out into the harbour option at Lucky Bay for IFE.?

The cynic in me feels that there could be a fair amount of fantasy in this.....?

denpal
05-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Denpal...do you have an opinion on the barge out into the harbour option at Lucky Bay for IFE.?

The cynic in me feels that there could be a fair amount of fantasy in this.....?

moimoi I haven't studied this. The risks are opex and timing of this option as IFE are unproven operators at this point in time.

shasta
10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 8/7/11)

MCap @ 34.5c = ~$29.2m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.64 = $17.6m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.47 = $7.8m

Total Listed Investments = $25.4m

Total Assets = $32.5m

EV ($3.3m)

NTA = ~38c

Discount to NTA = ~10%

shasta
17-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 15/7/11)

MCap @ 35c = ~$29.6m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.70 = $19.2m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.305 = $7.0m

Total Listed Investments = $26.2m

Total Assets = $33.3m

EV ($3.7m)

NTA = ~39c

Discount to NTA = ~10%

shasta
18-07-2011, 11:04 PM
TRF - Company insight Finch explain aggressive exploration

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TRF&E=ASX&N=549260

Highlights of interview....
• Explains reasons for aggressive exploration
• Describes lead/zinc/silver mineralisation at Telephone Dam & gold potential near Weednanna
• Explains South Aust Govt assessment of the potential on Trafford’s newly awarded leases
• Future exploration
• Future cash flows at Wilcherry Hill Iron Ore project

Just some food for thought in addition to the announcement.

The IFE/TRF Wilcherry Iron ore project (80% IFE, 20% TRF, + TRF owns 36.3% of IFE, so has an additional 29% indirectly in the project) is in South Australia, & the Port infrastructure is not there, which adds significant risk to TRF, & more so IFE.

Have a read of the presentation i posted on the CXM thread, the map shows where the Wilcherry project is in relation to there proposed Port Infrastructure.

CXM has shareholders with deep pockets, & given the timeframes for production i can see a logical link up for IFE/TRF to apply for Port capacity, rather than go ahead with there proposed capex, given the CXM capex costs have been estimated at around $160m (much lower than IFE's est Capex)

I prefer CXM to TRF personally, based on the CXM shareholders/JV partners, who are likely to also secure production offtake agreements.

There is also the possibility of the South Australian Govt getting involved, given the status of the proposed project infrastructure.

The link up is only my thoughts, & may not eventuate!

denpal
19-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 15/7/11)

MCap @ 35c = ~$29.6m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.70 = $19.2m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.305 = $7.0m

Total Listed Investments = $26.2m

Total Assets = $33.3m

EV ($3.7m)

NTA = ~39c

Discount to NTA = ~10%

shasta, TRF over the last few years has usually traded at a discount to NTA, so that's quite normal for this type of holding company I'd say. Personally, I think TRF has lost its way, and I don't take much notice of Finch's excessively bullish statements. Until IFE is in production and demonstrating a profit, no-one will have much confidence in either TRF or IFE. I once held IFE, did well on the run from 68c pre-GFC to 160c at the beginning of 2010, then bought back again at 90c when it looked like the project was going to go ahead very favourably. I sold out again at a small loss when traction dissapated.The sp has drifted down since then, but it looks like the sp has bottomed now............meanwhile I've found other fish to fry!

shasta
24-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 22/7/11)

MCap @ 35.5c = ~$30.0m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.70 = $19.3m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.475 = $7.8m

Total Listed Investments = $27.1m

Total Assets = $34.2m

EV ($4.1m)

NTA = ~40c

Discount to NTA = ~11%

shasta
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 5/8/11)

MCap @ 30c = $25.4m

Cash = $3.2m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.59 = $16.2m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.29 = $6.9m

Total Listed Investments = $23.1m

Total Assets = $26.3m

EV ($0.9m)

NTA = ~31c

Discount to NTA = ~3%

shasta
20-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 19/8/11)

MCap @ 30c = $25.4m

Cash = $3.2m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.57 = $15.7m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.42 = $7.5m

Total Listed Investments = $23.2m

Total Assets = $26.4m

EV ($1.0m)

NTA = ~31c

Discount to NTA = ~3%

TRF, IFE & ROL have all held up well throughout the carnage on the market!

shasta
27-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Trafford Resources - EV/NTA Update: (As at 26/8/11)

MCap @ 30c = $25.4m

Cash = $3.2m

Listed Investments:
IFE = ~27.5m @ 0.59 = $16.2m
ROL = ~5.3m @ $1.44 = $7.7m

Total Listed Investments = $23.9m

Total Assets = $27.1m

EV ($1.7m)

NTA = ~32c

Discount to NTA = ~6%