PDA

View Full Version : VMS - Venture Minerals Ltd

stolwyk
12-02-2007, 04:46 PM
VMS: Venture Minerals Ltd: http://www.ventureminerals.com.au/

Shares: 45 mill of which 26.25 mill are listed. Also listed 15 mill options, convert before June 30, 2008 @ 25 cents. Also 7.1 mill. unlisted 2008/2009 options
VMS was listed in Sept 2006.

Cash on 31 Dec: $4.33 mill and quarterly outflow: $0.25 mill.

12 Febr: 2007: Trading Halt

14 Aug 2006: Disclosure Document:
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/1ee060833540695c606fe04508051e0e/ASX-VMS-331283.pdf

Projects: http://www.ventureminerals.com.au/projects.html

1. URANIUM
Lake Maitland.
27 Sept 2006: Increases landholding adjacent to the Lake Maitland
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/f674cad432d3073fe4a7c407d349a72c/ASX-VMS-335597.pdf

From Website: The Maitland Channel project covers 140 km “strike” of a Tertiary palaeochannel system, that contains the calcrete-hosted Uranium deposits of Lake Maitland (Redport Limited), Lake Way (Nova Energy Limited), Centipede (Nova Energy Limited) and Yeelirrie (BHPBilliton). The project includes tenure adjacent to the Lake Maitland uranium deposit".

2. IRON OXIDE-COPPER-GOLD-URANIUM
Churchill Dam.
5 Oct 2006: Gravity survey highlights Olympic Dam Style target
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/01fc12492990cae6d1829d98f94be106/ASX-VMS-336849.pdf

"The Board of Venture Minerals Limited (ASX code: VMS) is pleased to announce that a recent groundbased gravity survey at the Churchill Dam Project in the Gawler Craton, South Australia has confirmed the presence of a significant gravity anomaly prospective for Iron-oxide - Copper - Gold - Uranium (IOCGU) style deposits (Fig 1)".

The Churchill Dam Project is situated within the Olympic Dam Iron-oxide - Copper - Gold - Uranium province, approximately 95km west of the recently discovered Carrapateena Prospect and 90km southwest of the world class Olympic Dam Mine".

30 Jan 2007: Drilling commences at Churchill Dam
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/2ee148f0acb99e218f37e7162397acc7/ASX-VMS-349693.pdf

"Australian based mineral exploration company Venture Minerals Limited (ASX code: VMS) has commenced a drilling program at its highly prospective iron-oxide-copper-gold-uranium (IOCGU) project at Churchill Dam, situated within the Olympic Dam IOCGU province of South Australia (Fig 1).

"The drilling has begun on the first hole to test the significant gravity anomaly at Churchill Dam. The drill target comes from a recently completed geophysical survey that defined a gravity anomaly approximately 4 milligals in magnitude. The anomaly is up to 4km wide and extends over a strike of 12km (Fig 1).

"To effectively test the target, the company has engaged the services of a KL900 multi-purpose drill rig (capacity to drill diamond core to 1,100 metres) from the highly experienced drilling firm of Wallis Drilling Pty Ltd to complete the drill program".

6 Febr 2007: Drilling update:
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/ebf1c4e65c27db4c6d08d37ec7c1af1d/ASX-VMS-350829.pdf

"As at the end of day shift yesterday the drill rig had reached a depth of 530 metres on drill hole CHRCD001. The initial part of this drillhole (the pre-collar) was done using the RC (reverse circulation) method which achieved a depth of 244 metres by last Friday 02 February 2007".

3. GOLD/COPPER
Paulsens South Proj.
Nov 16: Significant gold/copper mineralisation at Paulsens Sth Proj
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/7ad3d665eff0d97a705c835ba1adfb97/ASX-VMS-342130.pdf

4. TIN - No update available
Tasmania.
From website: "The Renison West project is located 15 km northwest and along strike of the world class Renison Bell Tin deposit in Tasmania, which has produced more than 200,000 tonnes of tin metal. The project has established a mineralised zone within one skarn host rock with several other similar skarns either poorly tested or not drill tested at all. The project area has not been explored with modern techniques for over 20 years and is considered highly prospective in terms of discovering further tin resources. The project is also proximal to the ultramafic complex which hosts the Avebury Ni skarn deposit".

stolwyk
13-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Trading Halt continuing.

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/65e68c22e0fc1c93c00a83ada949e114/ASX-VMS-351307.pdf

gamerice
13-02-2007, 11:36 AM
VMS PR said that mineralization was hit...

can you guys in Aus give the company PR a call to confirm what 'jenny' posted on ASF in regards to mineralization hit if possible!?

that would be great guys...

stolwyk
13-02-2007, 04:09 PM
That would be inside info.That report may or may not be true. It is better to wait till the Announcement.

Gerry

Torrero
13-02-2007, 04:18 PM
have u put any money in stolwyk or are you waiting for the announcement like the rest of us......i would like to know....are others fans' of putting a little on when this opportunity comes along....then buying more after a positive announcement or buying more if there is a drop...seems to even things out and reduce risk.

stolwyk
13-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes,

I did mention in post 1 under my name, that I hold VMS.

Gerry

stolwyk
14-02-2007, 12:26 PM
First hole intersect 130m of IOCGU alteration-Churchill Dam

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/ce3a17ba2171cd5b4b61cdc5b74a7996/ASX-VMS-351557.pdf

Selling at 53 cents at the moment.

gamerice
14-02-2007, 02:37 PM
hehe, huge hits and no comments!?

drilling for hole 2 has just commenced.

danchop
14-02-2007, 04:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by gamerice

i dont think many here have got into this,i got 25k shares and im pretty happy so far with the paper profit if it holds,hope its not a see sawing share like cdu or something though

gamerice
14-02-2007, 04:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by danchop

quote:Originally posted by gamerice

i dont think many here have got into this,i got 25k shares and im pretty happy so far with the paper profit if it holds,hope its not a see sawing share like cdu or something though

heaps upsides danchop, no worries.

if u take notice of any other bullish stocks after announcement,
u will see this is only warm-up...

heaps goodies to come, second hole... assay result for first...
hype will be building, will see $1 plus by week-end...

50c atm is still cheap!

paul29
17-02-2009, 02:22 PM
ASX Announcement
Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Iron Ore focussed, Venture Minerals Limited (ASX code: VMS) has received an updated
commissioned research report from Strachan Corporate, a Perth‐based research firm. The
report looks at the company’s Mount Lindsay Magnetite‐Tin‐Tungsten Project in North West Tasmania.
The key focus of the report is the value added to the Project through Venture’s recent drilling activities on the Main Zone and No.2 Zone, which have culminated in an upgraded Inferred Iron Resource of 30 Million Tonnes @ 33%Fe and a Maiden Tin & Tungsten Inferred Resource of 23 Million Tonnes @ 0.2%Sn (now 3rd largest JORC compliant Tin Resource in Australia) and 5.7 Million Tonnes @ 0.3%WO3, all of which sit within the same magnetite rich skarn deposits.
To view a copy of the research report on Venture Minerals, please visit the following website
link:
http://www.ventureminerals.com.au/investor_broker.html

Fast Facts
ASX Code: VMS
Shares on Issue 86,750,000
Management Shareholding 25%
Management
Mel Ashton, Non‐Exec Chairman
Andrew Radonjic, Managing Director
Hamish Halliday, Non‐Exec Director
Bruce McFadzean, Non‐Exec Director
Shareholders
Top 20 Ownership 38.57 %
Projects
Mount Lindsay Magnetite-Tin
Project, North West Tasmania
Churchill Dam IOCGU Project, SA
Maitland Channel Uranium &
Nickel Project, WA
Paulsens South Project, WA
Kingoonya and Harris Bluff,
Gawler Craton Projects, SA

Share price 10.5 cents

friedegg
21-10-2009, 08:47 PM
maybe a more mature explorer now with the last discovery and certainly a good kick in the guts for volume and price

corporateraider
21-10-2009, 09:20 PM
The resource continues to grow and despite the price running from 20c to 32c in the last week or so more good drilling results should continue to push the price.

p0ssy
22-10-2009, 12:42 AM
I bought into these today. SP expected to rise another 10c in the next week or two as more news come out. I will hold for this period only but I like what I see.

my intended leap into CUE will have to wait.

drillfix
22-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Been in this one a few times actually, but traded it when it was in the last downturn and got in and out with small profits.

This one has been on one of my watchers for quite sometime.

I feel its a winner long term and wish I had some more funds to park into it.

corporateraider
22-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I topped up again today at 33c. The JORC resource established so far points to this as a very good investment and further drilling of the newly discovered Tungsten will see this fly.

friedegg
17-01-2010, 06:33 PM
an uneducated feel that they are going to bring some bagger news shortly

corporateraider
17-01-2010, 09:43 PM
The increasing price of tin is working strongly in the company's favour.

The share price has moved strongly since the last annoumcement and with this company that is generally an indication of good things to come.

Prospects continue to look vey promising. A multi bagger? It wouldn't surprise me to see the share price in excess of 70c by the end of the year if they can double the resource as they predict that they can.

NoVice
18-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree CR - this stock has great potential upside if the other skarns at Mt Lindsay match the one drilled to date. I believe this year will see good prices for Tungsten (in particular) & Tin both of which VMS are finding in good grades.
The other advantage of VMS is it is one of the few Tungsten companies (with reasonable scheelite grades) that gets traded & followed. KIS has exceptional grades is close to production etc. but with <900 s/h is a sod to buy into & will probably be just as hard to sell out of. Similarly with HSK, a current producer - it has no following at all & is well under the radar. VMS (& to some extent iii) do get attention & move with good news.

discl. hold: VMS HSK KIS medium - long term holder

drillfix
18-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Trading Halt.

Anybody got the goods on probable info? could explain the rapid rise.

RESULTS, oohhh, everybody already knew having watched these gains over the past week or so.

Really like this Co. Always have and probably always will. Good management, great PR, do everything by the book and also delivers.

corporateraider
18-01-2010, 10:40 PM
That a trading halt is necessary indicates that more significant drilling results are to be released. And this is just the start! Drilling continues apace.

One of the positive things so far is that the grades have been very good.

By the middle of this year the company may have established a very very significant tungsten/tin resource.

Share price up 27% so far this year - glad that I have it as a shareholder comp pick.

drillfix
19-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Whats up with the CR, news comes out and seems good but shareprice falls.

I am gathering the previous trading has already factored in the news, hence take profits while they can type thing.

corporateraider
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I continue to like this stock. They have recently brought in a cornerstone investor and that means more cash to be able to grow the resource.

friedegg
24-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Id keep an eye or two on this one,its stounding out in a bearish market

corporateraider
24-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I still like this one too.
In summary:
Market cap currently 64m
Projections are for:
- a 7 yr mine life
- net cash LOM of 531m
- IRR 55%
- 90% of tagets remain untested

The big news for this company will be the resource upgrade due this quarter. A big increase (and that's possible) will obviously push out the mine life and the net cash and then we will really be cooking.

Disc Hold a small truckload and counting on this one to finally perform for the 2010 stock picks.

shasta
24-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I still like this one too.
In summary:
Market cap currently 64m
Projections are for:
- a 7 yr mine life
- net cash LOM of 531m
- IRR 55%
- 90% of tagets remain untested

The big news for this company will be the resource upgrade due this quarter. A big increase (and that's possible) will obviously push out the mine life and the net cash and then we will really be cooking.

Disc Hold a small truckload and counting on this one to finally perform for the 2010 stock picks.

Corporateraider

If you're looking for the next "VMS", have a look at WLF - there's a thread on it, a tungsten & tin play

corporateraider
25-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks Shasta, I shall check it out.

friedegg
13-09-2010, 12:25 PM
been a fairly good last few days on this,i think more aussie brokers are reccomending it,up strong this morning but it usually drops back over the day

corporateraider
13-09-2010, 09:02 PM
This stock has slowly moved from 37c to 48c over the course of this year. The increase in the price of tin is pushing it along, but a resource upgrade could give it a real nudge.

Disc Won't be selling these in a hurry

corporateraider
29-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Today's announcement of DSO iron ore has given this a boost

soulman
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I like the sound of VMS Trading Halt update - A material discovery. Let's see what's all the fuss about. Just got in at 29 the other day so I got vested interest.

soulman
03-08-2012, 05:36 PM
New tin discovery. Nice gain since announcement yesterday. Impressive tin and iron ore asset but I understand mining is out of favour at the minute.

Huang Chung
04-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi Soulman

Grabbed a parcel myself at 34.5c after the announcement. Both SIR and VMS have released very bullish commentary around the blue sky potential of their latest drilling, but the market has so far focussed pretty much on SIR. Must also be said that SIR was starting from a much lower base (but, conversely, VMS has more runs on the board). I also like the fact that VMS' hit was tin, where as SIR's was predominantly nickel.

A good night on overseas bourses suggests we'll continue to move forward come Monday.

soulman
07-08-2012, 01:10 AM
We did move forward HC but back to square at closed. SIR has been ridiculously played by daytraders. I saw their first big movement and thought about getting a small piece at 35. Saw it closed 2 hour later at 45. Now in the 80's. Won't be touching it but you never now.

In a way if you see SYR (a graphite play in Africa), it runs from 20 to 241.

VMS is lower cap, has big iron ore cash bonanza play, has tin asset and this new tin discovery came from no where. Won't be suprise to see them run in the next few weeks.

soulman
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Looks like VMS could be on the up after today's trading session. Capital raising out of the way at 31 cents and they closed at 30.5 today.