PDA

View Full Version : Chris Lee Stockbroker..

BRICKS
18-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Chris Lee operates at Paraparaumu shopping centre and is moving to Paraparaumu Beach who has used HIM.. [8D]

baxter
18-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I've dealt with Chris for twenty years,I trust him completely.His fees are very reasonable, he keeps in touch,he denounces anything he thinks the least bit shonky, and he gives out good advice. He recently put aside $700,000 of his own money to cover any shortfall in Provincial repayments to his clients. I doubt many other sharebrokers have done likewise. ....Baxter (new member)

Hommel
18-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Chris has a very good web site with alot of free info on it. www.chrislee.co.nz
He seems to be a very straight guy with a reputation for speaking out for the little guy.

Steve
18-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Never used him, but often read the articles/opinions on his website...

Scooter
19-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Have known Chris for a number of years at my time at UDC, very honest and up front sort of guy. Calls a spade a spade. If I had not gone down the financial side of life myself, I would probably use Chris for advice.

coge
19-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Chris wrote in the local rag "the observer" for many years, lending a degree of respectability to that leftist rag.

I remember him putting the boot into the leased sports car & shiny suit brigade back in the eighties,(remember Clayton Crowe?) Classic stuff. Never used him but he's got my vote.

lambton
19-02-2007, 08:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by baxter

I've dealt with Chris for twenty years,I trust him completely.His fees are very reasonable, he keeps in touch,he denounces anything he thinks the least bit shonky, and he gives out good advice. He recently put aside $700,000 of his own money to cover any shortfall in Provincial repayments to his clients. I doubt many other sharebrokers have done likewise. ....Baxter (new member)

Why did he use Provoncial in the first place. Must be felling the guilts after picking up bags of bro.

whiteheron
19-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I come from the same town as Chris Lee (Paraparaumu, just under an hours drive north of Wellington)

Because I like to row my own canoe and invest via an online brokerage service I have not used Chris but he does have a very good reputation and if I needed broker assistance I would call on him as my first stop

baxter
19-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Lambton...I didn't claim he was infalliable..Provincial was reputed to be a solid South Island financier at the time he gave it a mild recommendation as a place to diversify fixed interests away from his prime recomendations. No-one was aware that it would then do business with South Auckland Moslem Car Sharks. Provincial it seems fell victim to a complex fradulent scheme by criminals.

tsb
19-02-2007, 04:57 PM
very close to starting to use some of his services - based on his reputation

BRICKS
20-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Mr Lee drives around in a brand new Bentley a Goldie type color and travels to Hamilton and Christchurch stays in the best hotel and conducts so called interviews must be doing something RIGHT.. [8D]

BRICKS
21-02-2007, 09:54 AM
CONCLUSION: He is not a stockbroker in the "normal" sense but features in Fixed Deposits and advice with portfolio management mainly for old people so when your old you know where to GO.. [8D]

Steve
21-02-2007, 10:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

CONCLUSION: He is not a stockbroker in the "normal" sense but features in Fixed Deposits and advice with portfolio management mainly for old people so when your old you know where to GO.. [8D]

So this thread should really be "Chris Lee - Fixed Interest Broker'?

BRICKS
21-02-2007, 10:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Steve

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

So this thread should really be "Chris Lee - Fixed Interest Broker'?

NO steve you can buy shares but not the "normal" type broker and not to say about the threads name its the same MAN.. [8D]

tsb
21-02-2007, 04:47 PM
just think of th depreciation on a bentley company car - I think he knows his stuff

Steve
25-02-2007, 09:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by tsb

just think of th depreciation on a bentley company car - I think he knows his stuff

Then let's not forget anout Fringe Benefit Tax which will dwarf the depreciation on the Bentley...

lambton
26-02-2007, 08:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tom Hall

quote:Originally posted by baxter

Lambton...I didn't claim he was infalliable..Provincial was reputed to be a solid South Island financier at the time he gave it a mild recommendation as a place to diversify fixed interests away from his prime recomendations. No-one was aware that it would then do business with South Auckland Moslem Car Sharks. Provincial it seems fell victim to a complex fradulent scheme by criminals.
Provincial fell victim to its own inability to manage its lending, and lending risk.

Thanks Tom. My point exactly and Mr L if he was so damm smart should have done better ongoing (note ongoing) due diligence.
Blame it on the Moslems. Watch this space for the next couple of biggies to go down.

Sydneykiwi
30-06-2011, 11:53 PM
.... He wouldn't know a good deal if it hit him in the head. This clown bases himself in marginalised areas such as Timaru and Kapiti and preys upon retirees. Let it not be said "I warned you"

Breastwork
18-08-2011, 08:08 PM
.... He wouldn't know a good deal if it hit him in the head. This clown bases himself in marginalised areas such as Timaru and Kapiti and preys upon retirees. Let it not be said "I warned you"

Would Sydneykiwi be the same NBR rich lister whose wealth reportedly increased by 20 million even though his investments have tanked in the last year?

Lion
18-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Could be.
He's illiterate enough to be a robber baron.
Ha! he meant to say, - Let it not be said "I DIDN'T warn you"
Fantastic at theft, poor at grammar.
Ah well, that's the way it goes

Enumerate
18-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I can feel a Balance post in the offing ... a great disturbance in the force it is

Balance
19-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I can feel a Balance post in the offing ... a great disturbance in the force it is

Well anticipated, ole enumerated one!

Read this article and witness the sheer hypocrisy of Chris Lee :

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/2161440/Advice-and-adversity

The best part is him saying "They want to put their side of the story to you, which is their right. It is not something I would do, but I guess it is their choice." This from the very person who has no hesitation putting his views and opinions and his side of any story every week, or every opportunity - provided they serve his purpose.

FMA? Where are you?