PDA

View Full Version : ZYL - Zylotech

perm
09-03-2007, 12:48 PM
with the zyl getting into bed with IBM this should start to move

anybody else holding

Lizard
09-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Should I admit to be holding? I bought some at 2.4cps last year in a cynical and flippant moment. The logic was based entirely around tiny market cap, a change in management and a possible change in sentiment.

They have some big hurdles to negotiate in the next quarter - the QTK offer and the requirement for more cash. The string of deals and agreements will take a while to show their worth and it is going to take some time and cash before they can create a profitable business. But then this market cap was so small, they could multi-bag just on talk. Is there a real business buried in ZYL? Possibly. What's it worth? No idea!

(I am considering pulling my original stake about now and just leaving the profit money - current price 5.6cps)

Lizard
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Now 8cps after dumping the (QTK associated) chairman. Indebted to Nat Bank for failing to process my sell order for 50% of my holding at 6.4cps on Friday. :D

Lizard
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Sold one quarter of my holdings at 13cps to get my original stake out plus a 25% profit. The rest of the shares can run. Depth is still hot and yet to see if there is something more behind this. If it's just what we've seen to date, I think it's looking fairly priced given they will need to raise more cash. But at least now, it should be at a better price!

perm
12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
new chairman annouced... up 78% atm cant complain at that

km

Lizard
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
SPP at 4.2cps just announced. Given it is very unlikely they will open at anywhere close to 4.2cps tomorrow, this is going to be easy arbitrage $'s!!

Barrel Scraper
12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Quick Question..

Was it a 25:1 consolidation and no other dilution since 07/04?

This news was interesting enough to dive into Davies Locker.

Lizard
12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Barrel Scraper

Quick Question..

Was it a 25:1 consolidation and no other dilution since 07/04?

This news was interesting enough to dive into Davies Locker.

25:1 consolidation in May 06. Placement of 12.6m shares to Mark Pallister (also associated with QTK) at 2.6cps on 16 Aug 06.

If you're not up with this soapie, the Chairman of ZYL (until today) has been Andrew Unterwegger - MD of QTK. QTK have made an offer to purchase the Zylotech business from ZYL for $2m QTK shares (of unknown real value). This move was clearly not supported by the ZYL independent directors, but due to the significant holding by Mark Pallister, may have been in danger of being passed.

A flurry of activity ensued, with ZYL announcing a number of new reseller agreements, pilot sales and partnerships. The vote was postponed from an egm to the agm of 19th April. Now the Chairman has been replaced and the much needed cash injection organised - with up to 30% of new capital to be issued, diluting the existing major shareholder just prior to the agm (I am assuming that the new shares will be entitled to vote, though I am not certain of that).

To some extent, you might say this has been an organised "marketing ploy" by the company to both gain the ongoing working capital and to see off the QTK bid. The amount of capital to be raised still only amounts to around $1.3m max, so the chances of them rapidly building a successful business using only this small amount of working capital are slim. But it does give them a further 12 months of operation in which to line up some real achievements and prove whether or not they have really changed their spots.

Lizard
16-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Independent valuers report out with regard to the QTK offer puts the value of ZYL at $9.1 - $10.96m (i.e. slightly below current sp).

Interestingly, they seem to have based that on best estimates of 2007 year NPAT (from directors figures, which were thought to be fair and reasonable) of $1.82m and applied a P/E of 5 - 6 for risk.

Lizard
03-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Another announcement today in a string of strong contract-win announcements. Is ZYL going to be the one-in-a-hundred-dodgy-spec share which turns respectable???? :eek:

Talk is easy though - the next quarterly will be one to watch for signs of substance emerging - and a guess at future cash needs...

Lizard
17-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Another strong announcement today with a series of agreements signed with NEC Australia. Includes both partnering in two significant security tenders and also some specific integration of NEC and Zylotech video surveillance products.

Said to result in "substantial revenue for Zylotech in the immediate future"

Seems it is still possible for a small spec to sustain an uptrend, even in this market!

Lizard
17-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Seems the traders haven't quite shut up shop - 73.3m shares traded today is heading towards half the scrip, so some of those shares must have changed hands a few times!

Nice run from 6.5cps this morning to finish the day at 10.5cps.

Lizard
20-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Is ZYL going to be the one-in-a-hundred-dodgy-spec share which turns respectable???? :eek:

And another one bites the dust... VA

Probably the best thing that could happen to some of these last remaining tech-wreck cripples... gave some good trades, but always had to bear in mind that any trade was played out in a lose-sum game.

steve fleming
16-10-2010, 02:26 PM
And another one bites the dust... VA

Probably the best thing that could happen to some of these last remaining tech-wreck cripples... gave some good trades, but always had to bear in mind that any trade was played out in a lose-sum game.

ZYL has begun a new life.

Typical story - failed techie to VA to DOCA to recap to reources play.

Anyway, I got tipped into this during the week by someone close to ZYL and who personally has taken a very large holding in ZYL.

Market cap approx $14m.

Earning a 50% interest in a South African coal project which contains a global JORC resource of 114Mt of anthracite coal.

BFS about to commence - existing rail siding located at the project with loading capacity of 100,000 tonnes per month. Very well credentialed MD.

Looks like smart traders have entered the register over the last couple of weeks (with daily vols of 5m to 10m) - but no interest on hot-copper yet, so retail traders have yet to enter.

I'd imagine that it should run quite hard once the retail traders get hold of it, given it is coming off a low m/cap and has a pretty substantial resource in a hot sector - though I understand that anthracite coal is a slightly unusual type of coal.

Lots of risk, but one to watch out for.

Huang Chung
21-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't feel too bad when I've been trumped by the great Steve Flemming :-).

Didn't realise you had already posted on the 'New' Zylotech (and when the mkt cap was just $14m!!)

Should have done a search before starting another thread.

My bad.....