PDA

View Full Version : WSA - Western Areas - Nickel Producer

tricha
28-03-2007, 09:00 PM
With the consolidation in the mining industry now rampent,I view this as a top takeover contender in the nickel mining arena, either by BHP, Xstrata, Noriski or Jinchuan.

And the quick or the dead!

I have been watching Western Ares for many years now and because it was so far away from producing ( no one can predict the nickel price)I kept out of it.

Now they are in production and earning its a whole new story.

1 - A high grade and low cost producer.( Flying Fox T5 strike of 24 metres @ 7.8% )

2 - Excellent management.

3 - Very low hedging arrangement.

4 - Jungle Creek Gold own 20.4%. ( need to find out who they are[?][?] )

5 - Are not aligned to a BHP off take.

6 - Exploration upside huge ( re announcement today)

7 - Owe the bank 80 million ( but at this nickel price and low hedging, payback will be quick)

Cheers [B)][}:)]

tricha
28-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Diggers South a monster: Western Areas

Kate Hayc_ock
Wednesday, 28 March 2007

NICKEL play Western Areas has announced a 47% increase in contained nickel resource at its Diggers South deposit over previous estimates, as well as estimating a new mineralised halo around the deposit, with the company saying that the 7.8 million tonne prospect is a "monster" with the potential to be a major nickel mine.

The company reported that the revised total inferred mineral resource at Diggers South now stands at 7.8Mt at an average grade of 1.03% nickel, containing approximately 80,300t nickel.

This figure reflects the combined resources at the main Diggers South deposit, which now stands at 3Mt at an average grade of 1.48% nickel for 44,700t, a 47% increase on the previous estimate from May 2005, and the indicated mineral resource for the "mineralised halo" around Diggers South, which stands at 4.8Mt at an average grade of 0.74% containing 35,600t nickel.

"Diggers South is shaping up to be a monster with nickel intersected along 1.2km and up to 600m vertical extent so far," Western Areas managing director Julian Hanna said today.

While the Flying Fox mine remained the company's focus, Hanna said Diggers South also had the potential to become a major nickel mine in its own right.

The new resource from the deposit also indicated that Diggers South is more extensive than previously thought, with the zones of mineralisation remaining open at depth and along strike.

The style of mineralisation also appears to be changing with depth, and two widely spaced drillholes below the revised resources intersected massive sulphides up to 7.8% nickel. This could indicate the potential for a high-grade "Kambalda-type" deposit in the area, the company said.

Western Areas finance director Craig Oliver told MiningNews.net that the company was very excited about the resource upgrade and the upside potential indicated by the deeper drillholes.

"What's very exciting about this is that it doesn't include four major intersections 200m below the resource, which has some massive sulphide intersections as well," he said.

"We're very excited about this being open at depth at Diggers South and at Diggers Rocks, the original mining area."

The Diggers South total resource does not include the Diggers Rocks, which currently has an indicated resource of 54,900t at 3.7% nickel.

Oliver also said the cut-off grades for Diggers South and the mineralised area around it were "pretty high", at 1% and 0.6% nickel, respectively.

Hayden Bairstow, an analyst at Tricom Research, said Western Areas' upgrade was above expectations and that the brokerage would be reassessing its production assumptions for Diggers South on the back of the new figures.

"The resource upgrade has confirmed our belief that the Diggers South deposit is significant and should underpin the construction of a processing plant at Forrestania," Bairstow said.

As a result, Tricom has upgraded its price target for Western Areas to $5.50 a share, a 20% premium to net present value.

Western Areas also said today that it has planned further drilling to test the potential for resource definitions at Diggers South and Diggers Rocks.

The Diggers South pre-feasibility study is due towards the end of May.

Shares in Western Areas were up 16c or 4% at $4.39 in mid-afternoon trading today.

http://www.miningnews.net/StoryView.asp?StoryID=96399

tricha
29-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Good write up in WA News today. Hence why the term the monster!

Finance director Craig Oliver said "the best results were coming from below the new resource."
"All we really have done is scratch the surface of the Forrestania nickel belt"

Am I reading this wrong or will this be the biggest Sulphide Nickel mine in all of Australia, on size, volume, grade and low cost. Making the likes of Jubilee mInes look like a pup [?][?][?][?]

Huang Chung
29-03-2007, 10:32 PM
My very first post on ST was me lamenting how WSA was essentially being ignored by the market, when they were well on their way to proving up 100,000 tonnes of Ni. I had just sold out in total frustration. :(

I recall that a few months ago AGM was somewhere in the 30c to 40c range, when WSA was somewhere between $3.00 and $4.00. AGM just skipped away whilst WSA went largely nowhere, until now at least.
[xx(][xx(]

Tricia, have you taken a position yet?

tricha
30-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Huang Chung - "I had just sold out in total frustration."

Things change and some things change quickly!

As I said, I have been watching it for years,I bought 10,000 shares when I saw the announcement last Friday, extremely good news.

The icing on the cake was the resource upgrade this week!
Now that's got me excited, makes MCR and IGO look like smallfry compared to what WSA have got.
The profile of this mine is ................. out there to say the least.

But do not get me wrong MCR and IGO are still absolute quality [:p]but do not fit my takeover profile.

Huang Chung
30-03-2007, 02:16 AM
If you look closely at the location of Flying Fox, it basically butts right up against the lease that was held by Lionore, and since sold to KZL (I think). There must be a reasonable likelihood that the mineralisation will extend into this ajoining lease.

My theory is that, as WSA were already developing their decline, the owner of the ajoining lease may see a takeover of WSA as a cost effective way of accessing any extention to the mineralisation that may be present in their own lease, especially as it's likely to be at depth. Saves time and costs of developing their own decline - just use the one WSA built!

Only a theory......[8D]

tricha
31-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Huang Chung - "My theory is that, as WSA were already developing their decline, the owner of the ajoining lease may see a takeover of WSA as a cost effective way of accessing any extention to the mineralisation that may be present in their own lease, especially as it's likely to be at depth."

A very valid theory Huang Chung, I understand that a decline costs about $5,000 a metre these days. If KZL strike is 300 metres deep, at a 7 to 1 decline they are looking at a 2.1 Km decline to get to their ore body, around 10.5 million plus add another say 10 million for the ventalation and escape shafts, infrastucture and a couple of years just to build it.

Yes we could see some interesting take over developements soon.

Have you bought back in [?][?][?]

Huang Chung
31-03-2007, 03:46 PM
'Tricha - Have you bought back in '

No Tricha, I missed the breakout, so I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

tricha
03-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Huang Chung - "No Tricha, I missed the breakout, so I'll just keep an eye on it for now."

Interesting theory Huang Chung, from what I am reading, the Forrestania nickel belt will be the biggest sulphide nickel deposit in Australia by a country mile.
It will make Jubilee Mines look like a minnow.

But hey, I've been wrong before and I will be again!

Huang Chung
03-04-2007, 07:21 PM
TRICHA..from what I am reading, the Forrestania nickel belt will be the biggest sulphide nickel deposit in Australia by a country mile.

Hmmmm, I think you'd be a brave man to draw that conclusion at this stage of the game, but no doubt, there's heaps of Ni in the Forrestania region. Hopefully, as the cashflow starts happening, WSA can ramp up the exploration effort at a variety of targets they've identified.

Huang Chung
03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey Tricha

Looks like it's just you and me on this thread....see how much interest there is out there in WSA (or lack there of)??

If we were discussing MCR or AGM, there would be 10,000 posts by now. Yet WSA is a company that's sitting on large gobs of yummy 5% + nickel sulphide, and have only just started to exploit it.

Why does WSA elicit such a yawn from investors[?][?][?]

tricha
04-04-2007, 02:20 AM
U do not need to be a rocket scientist Huang Chung to know what this statement WSA put out means, and a little research into them [:p]

Finance director Craig Oliver said "the best results were coming from below the new resource."

Hence my pick to be taken out relatively soon.

Huang Chung
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Huang Chung (posted 31/03/2007) - If you look closely at the location of Flying Fox, it basically butts right up against the lease that was held by Lionore, and since sold to KZL (I think). There must be a reasonable likelihood that the mineralisation will extend into this ajoining lease.

My theory is that, as WSA were already developing their decline, the owner of the ajoining lease may see a takeover of WSA as a cost effective way of accessing any extention to the mineralisation that may be present in their own lease, especially as it's likely to be at depth. Saves time and costs of developing their own decline - just use the one WSA built!

Quote from KZL exploration update released this afternoon (4/3/2007):

....'The second initiative commencing towards the end of April is to test for nickel sulphide mineralisation at Forrestania adjacent to the Western Areas Flying Fox nickel deposits. This program will initially target defining resources down plunge of Western Area's T5, T4, T1 and T0 deposits as well as testing for repeats of mineralisation at greater depths'.

My theory seems to be growing legs.....;)

tricha
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Hence the Announcement Today

50 Km strike, 170,800 tons of contained Nickel, 12 mineralised areas which have been identified for Drilling And they have 5 diamond rigs in action.

And if you think I am kidding when I say they will hit 1 million tons of contained metal, think again very carefully [?][?][?]

Huang Chung have you bought any yet or are you just going to sit and watch them go to $20 in four years.[B)]

Huang Chung
04-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Doubt they will even be listed in four years Tricha, if you know what I mean......

tricha
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Huang Chung - "Quote from KZL exploration update released this afternoon (4/3/2007):

....'The second initiative commencing towards the end of April is to test for nickel sulphide mineralisation at Forrestania adjacent to the Western Areas Flying Fox nickel deposits. This program will initially target defining resources down plunge of Western Area's T5, T4, T1 and T0 deposits as well as testing for repeats of mineralisation at greater depths'.

My theory seems to be growing legs....."

OK, so where to from here Huang Chung, KZL ( last count Korea Zinc owned 13.9%) will they take ot WSA[?]

Or will WSA take out KZL[?]

Or neither, a big fish will take out both and I can imagine with metal prices improving, it will happen sooner than later.[?]

tricha
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
April 4, 2007 ASX & TSX: WSA

LETTER TO SHAREHOLDERS – EXPLORATION STRATEGY

Dear Shareholder,
During the past two weeks, Western Areas has announced three significant milestones for the
Company. In summary, these announcements are:

• 15 March – Option agreement to acquire nickel and zinc projects at Lynn Lake in Canada
• 23 March – Mine production update and record development rates at Flying Fox mine
• 28 March – Major upgrade in resources at Diggers South to 80,300t contained nickel

These announcements have resulted in a number of enquiries from shareholders, mainly related
to the Company’s ongoing exploration strategy and drilling priorities in Australia.
Western Areas first priorities are to expand production at Flying Fox and complete a feasibility
study for a second mine at Diggers South. However the Company is also committed to
discovering another high grade “Flying Fox type” deposit at the Forrestania nickel project as
well as exploring and developing high quality nickel assets in Canada.

At Forrestania, a number of excellent drilling targets have been identified, mostly in areas with
existing mineral resources or significant drill hole intersections. The Company has four
diamond drill rigs on site and has secured a fifth diamond rig which is expected to arrive
during the June quarter. Although drilling is currently focused on increasing ore reserves at
the T Zero, T2 and T4 deposits at Flying Fox, we expect to be able to move two of these drill
rigs to start testing the backlog of exploration targets during the next couple of months.

To provide an indication of the outstanding potential for new discoveries at Forrestania, an
interpreted long section of the central 50km strike length of the project is included with this
release and a large scale print will be mailed to shareholders in mid April. The long section
highlights 12 mineralised areas which have been identified for drilling.
(Note: The mineral resources and significant drill hole intersections summarised in this release
have been released to the market previously. All drill hole intersections are down hole widths).

The target areas are, from south to north:
1. Purple Haze – current mineral resource is 560,000 tonnes at 0.9% nickel, as
disseminated sulphides. The target is high grade massive nickel sulphide associated
with the disseminated nickel mineralisation.
2. Diggers South – current mineral resource is 7.8 million tonnes at 1.0% nickel for
80,300t contained nickel (including 3.0 million tonnes at 1.5% nickel for 44,700t
contained nickel). Significant potential exists for extensions to this resource and
importantly, for high grade massive sulphides below the disseminated deposit.
THIS NEWS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR
DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.
3. Digger Rocks - Outokumpu’s mine produced 1.5Mt at 1.9% nickel. Current mineral
resource is 54,900 tonnes at 3.7% nickel. In addition there are wide disseminated
nickel drill hole intersections outside the resource including 35m @ 1.0% Ni and 50m
@ 0.5% Ni. Significant potential exists for extensions to the current resource.
4. Fireball – 2km north of Diggers South. Previous drilling intersected 25m @ 0.9% Ni
and 3.0m @ 4.5% Ni. Potential exists for high grade massive sulphides associated
with the disseminated mineralisation. No recent drilling in this area.
5. South Ironcap – 4km north of Diggers South. Previous drilling intersected 25m @
0.8% Ni and 35.0m @ 0.7% Ni. Potential exists for high grade massive sulphides
associated with the disseminated mineralisation. No recent drilling in this area.
6. Cosmic Boy – Outokumpu’s largest mine produced 1.9Mt at 2.0% nickel. Current
mineral resource in the upper part of the deposit is 180,000t at 2.3% nickel. Potential
exists to discover repetitions and extensions to the two large ore shoots which were
mined, below and down plunge from the mine. Only limited deep drilling to date.
7. Liquid Acrobat - 5km north of Cosmic Boy. Previous drilling intersected 54m @
0.85%

Huang Chung
04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Another interesting feature of the leases around Flying Fox is that WSA holds the land to the south of the KZL lease (as well as the north, where Flying Fox is located). Assuming there is economic mineralisation on the KZL lease, you would think that SOMEONE would want to consolidate the landholding in the immediate area.

Whilst it appears that WSA dominates the land holding in the area around Flying Fox (based on the map on the WSA website), I would have thought KZL would have more firepower to drive any consolidation process.

Just remember that all this is nothing more than pure speculation on my part. KZL have a very big fish to fry in Admiral Bay, not to mention all of their NQ projects, so WSA might not even be a faint blip on their radar.

As far as there being a bigger fish out there somewhere......why not?

tricha
05-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Miningnews.net - Western Areas into production and into play
Exclusively for Premium Subscribers
(Thursday, 5 April 2007)

IT IS becoming increasingly clear there is a potential takeover factor involved in the recent 30% share price jump of new nickel producer Western Areas. Comment by Mark Mentiplay.
Full Story...

Game On! [:p]

tricha
13-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Three-mine scenario takes shape
(Friday, 13 April 2007)

ANOTHER look at the New Morning and Daybreak nickel deposits has paid dividends for Western Areas, with upgrades at the twin deposits lifting the Forrestania project's resources to 208,000 tonnes contained nickel.

Yep, 1 million tons, thats my prediction on this Flyer!

Huang Chung
14-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Back in Tricha [8D]

Some very good news in today's announcement.

By my calculations, a 200,000 tonne nickel resource currently has an in ground value of somewhere close to $10 billion.

Mind boggeling stuff [:p]

tricha
16-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Excellent stuff Huang Chung, I hope u bought before Friday!

Huang Chung - "By my calculations, a 200,000 tonne nickel resource currently has an in ground value of somewhere close to $10 billion"

And

= in my opinion only, potential to shore up 1,000,000 tons of nickel, why [?][?] they say they have only scratched the surface and with the grades getting better the deeper it gets, this is out there.

So we will have to multiply Huang Chungs 10 billion x 5 = 50 billion of contained Nickel

Am I ramping, wait and see!

tricha
17-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Resource upgrade lifts Forrestania above 208,000 tonnes contained nickel

Western Areas exploration

Western Areas has announced a major upgrade in mineral resources at the New Morning and Daybreak nickel deposits, located 3km south of the Flying Fox mine. Current mineral resources at New Morning and Daybreak contain 30,700 tonnes nickel.

The revised mineral resources include 1.7Mt of disseminated sulphide at an average grade of 0.9% nickel overlying massive sulphide deposits with an average grade of 3.7% nickel.

The revised mineral resources come from a review of all New Morning and Daybreak data prior to the commencement of drilling during this quarter.

The revised mineral resource highlights several opportunities for further growth at Forrestania. Western Areas will now progress New Morning and Daybreak to a scoping study, which will review the potential to develop a third nickel mine, after Flying Fox and Diggers South.

Drilling will test the potential for a high-grade Flying Fox “T5 type” deposit underlying the granite intrusion below New Morning and Daybreak. With the inclusion of New Morning and Daybreak, high quality resources at Forrestania now exceed 208,000t contained nickel.

The revised mineral resources at New Morning and Daybreak include two categories of mineralisation.

A) Massive sulphide, with approximately 415,000 tonnes at an average grade of 3.7% nickel occurring as two deposits 400m apart. New Morning occurs on the basal contact and Daybreak occurs within the underlying sediments.

B) Disseminated sulphide, with approximately 1.7 million tonnes at an average grade of 0.9% nickel overlying the massive sulphide deposits.

Western Areas Managing Director, Julian Hanna said: “Since the discovery of Flying Fox, the New Morning and Daybreak deposits have been put on hold. With Flying Fox now in production and the pre-feasibility study at Diggers South well advanced, it is time to progress these deposits towards production and test for high-grade sulphides below the current drilling.”

The potential for a major discovery of the Flying Fox “T5 type” below New Morning and Daybreak remains untested. This is supported by an intersection at Daybreak (announced previously) of 20m @ 6.8% nickel which has similar width and tenor to intersections at the Flying Fox T1 and T5 ore bodies.
- 16 Apr 2007

tricha
24-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Conference call, worth a read for the serious!

Serious stuff, WSA reckon they are still on track to deliver ore at a cash cost of $2 US a ilb.

http://www.streamx.com.au/westernareas/qc240407/index.htm

tricha
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I got my quarterly activities report and the Colour A3 page on the Forrestania Nickel Belt ( 50km Strike Length) is out there.

This is a world class deposit and when one of the big boys takes notice watch this space .............. I can imagine a 50 km decline going the whole length of the field at depth.

So for the Serious - I would seriouly recommend that you ring or email Western Areas and get a copy.

Jubilee Mines, eat your heart out[8D] If Jubilee is worth $20, this will be worth $40 in two years;)

[B)][}:)]

tricha
16-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Pattersons after a recent site visit have upgraded their price to $6.71

I wonder how long till Xstrata or Norilsk set their sights on WSA. I guess whoever misses out on Lionore.
I'm wondering if BHP will enter the fray!

$10 for WSA will be cheap!

(35 PERCENT BID INCREASE
Nickel battle second phase. Xstrata ups bid for LionOre
The next phase in the battle for LionOre has commenced with a big increase in its offer from Xstrata.)

Zephyrus
17-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Hi guys, I remember seeing somewhere in a WSA or KZL announcement (can't find it now) that KZL will contribute to the Flying Fox decline on some sort of pro rata basis determined by how much nickel they mine out of their tenement. If I can find the exact announcement, I'll post a link.

Cheers,
Z.

tricha
19-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Interesting, WSA is the only real contender left in Australia ;)

DJ Russia's Norilsk Nickel Eyes Nickel Asset Buys - Prime-Tass

ZAPOLYARNY, (Dow Jones)--Russia's largest metals producer, Norilsk Nickel
Mining & Metallurgical Co. (NILSY), plans to acquire new nickel assets, Chief
Executive Denis Morozov said Friday, according to Prime-Tass news agency.

"We are always monitoring the market and will definitely make acquisitions,"
Morozov told reporters, declining to provide details on the company's plans.

He said Norilsk Nickel will also soon reveal plans with regard to Canada's
LionOre Mining International Ltd. (LIM.T). Norilsk Nickel is battling Swiss
company Xstrata PLC (XTA.LN) to acquire LionOre, an international nickel and
gold producer with operations in Australia, Botswana and South Africa.

In June, Norilsk Nickel is expected to present plans on joint exploration
projects in Russia with Australia's BHP Billiton Ltd. (BHP) and U.K.-Australian
mining group Rio Tinto Ltd. (RIO.AU).

Morozov added that the company would continue the development strategy set
out by former Chief Executive Mikhail Prokhorov.

Norilsk Nickel is one of the largest metals producers in the world,
accounting for 20% of all nickel produced. It also produces 40% of the world's
palladium, 10% of its cobalt and 3% of its copper.

tricha
02-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Imm pinched off hotcopper, my Resource Stocks Mag a bit late.
Compare this to MCR $7.00 a ilb and IGO around $3.50 a ilb, smell the coffee.
IF and only if Nickel stays above $30,000 a ton OZ plus if it dosn't get taken out,{ JBM will look like smallfry.}
Western Areas will go to $40 a share in a year or two.

Resource Stocks Mag June edition- article of WSA
Too long to write can order online.
quote"A bright new star and heir to the Jubilee crown is Western Areas, which brought its Flying Fox project in WA's Forrestania Belt, 400km east of Perth in Production in December last Year."
quote"WSA flagship flying fox mine is one of the highest grade nickel deposits in the world with projected costs of $2.43 a pound, making it the lowest cost producer in Australia."quote" Its is a measure of the recent takeover inspired decimation of the Canadian resources sector that WSA 2008 production of 8000t will make the dual listed company the largest Canadian-listed pure nickel producer"
quote"with over 208,000t of total project mineable nickel worth over $12.5billion, the company aims to have three operational mines"
Grab a copy of Resource stocks article on all nickel produces in australia.
WSA stands out

Huang Chung
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Gee Tricha, putting the above post on three different threads - now that's blanket coverage! ;)

I bailed on WSA (again) at around $5.65 for a 10% gain, only because I wanted to deploy funds elsewhere, but yes, the WSA story is very good indeed.

The market still seems to be largely ignoring the WSA story, the source of my continual frustration with this stock. [}:)]

zac
16-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Sydney - Tuesday - October 16: (RWE Australian Business News) -
Western Areas (ASX:WSA) reports what "appears" to be a significant new
high grade nickel discovery in the first diamond drill hole (WBD 18) at
the recently named Spotted Quoll prospect, 6km south of the Flying Fox
Mine. Preliminary results from a 4.6m zone of primary sulphides
produced an average grade of 4pc nickel with values up to 9pc nickel.
The results are considered to be very significant and suggest
potential for another nickel deposit of the Flying Fox type.

Huang Chung
16-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Yes Zac, looking good for yet another deposit. Forrestania sure is a very nickel rich provence.

zac
10-03-2008, 04:38 PM
up to 645c. A very bright light in a gloomy market. Is WSA another t/o target?

whiteheron
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I have had a good look at WSA but have decided to stick with my MCR holdings at present
The MCR price is quite depressed at present (relatively) and in my opinion will see considerable upside in the not too distant future

WSA however looks pretty good medium to long term though with much going for it and I will keep a close eye on it for an opportune time to enter, recognising that a good entry point has passed, but who knows ?

zac
21-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Onward and upward. From 380c. in feb. to 819c. today. Certainly outshining other nickel producers.

Huang Chung
21-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Certainly outshining other nickel producers.

....and for good reason Zac. This stock had been overlooked for far too long.

Are you planning to take profits on all / part of your holding anytime soon?

zac
21-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Staying in for the ride until there is a retracement. Will review the situation then

tricha
21-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I still maitain my target price of $40, if not taken out for $20 1st.:rolleyes: More nickel than IGO, MCR and SMY put together and far higher grades.:)

Imm pinched off hotcopper, my Resource Stocks Mag a bit late.
Compare this to MCR $7.00 a ilb and IGO around $3.50 a ilb, smell the coffee.
IF and only if Nickel stays above $30,000 a ton OZ plus if it dosn't get taken out,{ JBM will look like smallfry.}
Western Areas will go to $40 a share in a year or two.

Resource Stocks Mag June edition- article of WSA
Too long to write can order online.
quote"A bright new star and heir to the Jubilee crown is Western Areas, which brought its Flying Fox project in WA's Forrestania Belt, 400km east of Perth in Production in December last Year."
quote"WSA flagship flying fox mine is one of the highest grade nickel deposits in the world with projected costs of $2.43 a pound, making it the lowest cost producer in Australia."quote" Its is a measure of the recent takeover inspired decimation of the Canadian resources sector that WSA 2008 production of 8000t will make the dual listed company the largest Canadian-listed pure nickel producer"
quote"with over 208,000t of total project mineable nickel worth over $12.5billion, the company aims to have three operational mines"
Grab a copy of Resource stocks article on all nickel produces in australia.
WSA stands out

soulman
30-04-2008, 05:37 PM
No signs of breaking yet but I think it might hit $10 and retrace to $8.50. Just one of those prediction that is like playing roullette in the casino.

WSA has trot from $6 to $9.40 in a blink of an eye.

zac
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Onwards and upwards. $10.25 today. Still holding.

Huang Chung
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice to see someone profiting from WSA.

Tricha and myself were all over this stock, but gave it away before the recent big push.

Well done Zac. :cool:

zac
16-05-2008, 09:26 PM
What a ripper! Up to 1155c.

shasta
12-09-2008, 06:30 PM
What a ripper! Up to 1155c.

WSA - Update on MUM:TSX JV

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=420666

WSA Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=420685

Huang Chung
12-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Now sitting around $4, but WSA keeps delivering the goods :).

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=434751

When the wheel turns, WSA should fly!

zac
11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
On a bit of a run upwards. Are we seeing Nickel undergoing a resurgence. What do you think Tricha.

macduffy
11-06-2009, 02:28 PM
The PoN in USD has certainly firmed somewhat lately, but less so when expressed in AUD.
Lots of potential in WSA but I prefer the stronger balance sheets of the likes of MCR and PAN.

tricha
11-06-2009, 09:11 PM
On a bit of a run upwards. Are we seeing Nickel undergoing a resurgence. What do you think Tricha.

I'm kicking myself for not going back into IGO, MCR and PAN when they were so cheap.

Once WSA gets over all its start up and developement costs, it will fly, if and only if nickel stays up. :confused:

Yep million dollar question, to what is going to happen next and I am not going to hazard a guess.

gonzo56
24-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm looking at investing in this company.
Support at $5.80?

drillfix
24-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I feel that it is only Right that Tricha whom started this thread, be courteous and rename it without the Target of $40.00 as this only makes bad for yet another misleading Share Trader Thread, which I have complained about with other threads that are misleading and never get changed.

Tricha, can you please change the Title by double clicking inside the box and remove the so called target? As it is completely Misleading due to the age of the thread being started and non reflective of "What is Now".

Else, can a moderator please edit the title? as to me there are too many of these misleading Titles of threads here on Sharetrader, imo.

Back to WSA, yet another Terry Streeter play, and probably the only stock that Streeter cares about, as his involvement with FXR and MDS or should I say, lack of it seems non existent as the share price for those stocks also tumble.

tricha
24-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I feel that it is only Right that Tricha whom started this thread, be courteous and rename it without the Target of $40.00 as this only makes bad for yet another misleading Share Trader Thread, which I have complained about with other threads that are misleading and never get changed.

Tricha, can you please change the Title by double clicking inside the box and remove the so called target? As it is completely Misleading due to the age of the thread being started and non reflective of "What is Now".

Else, can a moderator please edit the title? as to me there are too many of these misleading Titles of threads here on Sharetrader, imo.

Back to WSA, yet another Terry Streeter play, and probably the only stock that Streeter cares about, as his involvement with FXR and MDS or should I say, lack of it seems non existent as the share price for those stocks also tumble.

Good point Drillfix, unfortunately I have been having trouble changing the title. ( I have asked for help in the past)
Mincor is one I need to change as well, I have noted that inside the thread.

Double click on which box ?????????????????

drillfix
24-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Good point Drillfix, unfortunately I have been having trouble changing the title. ( I have asked for help in the past)
Mincor is one I need to change as well, I have noted that inside the thread.

Hi Tricha,

Well, what happened previously, users could just double click next to the Text of the Title inside the box/row of which the title of the thread was in, and then it would automatically go into Edit Mode.

What you do is this.

When you see your thread title an then you also see the next box over which is Replies: 49 and Views: 2,993

Well just go to the left of into the next box over where your WSA Heading Title is and then double left click it quickly.

This should Open up to show the Title being Editable. Once you see that, just change it accordingly and then click back to the blank box space like you did previously and that should be the title now saved and edited.

Let us know how you go. (or I will just watch to see if its done and notice..lol)

Good luck

shasta
24-05-2011, 11:03 PM
If you want it changed please post what you would like it to display

Cheers

drillfix
24-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Just so there is no confusion

================================================== ================
WSA - Flying Nickel. Target $40 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . THIS BOX DOUBLE CLICK HERE | Replies: 49
Started by tricha 28-03-2007 07:00 PM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . OR SAY DOUBLE CLICK HERE | Views: 2,993
================================================== ================

This should Open up to show the Title being Editable. Once you see that, just change it accordingly and then click back to the blank box space like you did previously and that should be the title now saved and edited.

Note to other Thread Starters:

Folks, as mentioned in other threads, sometimes we start threads here on ST and then we walk off and leave them, yet we leave them not thinking about the fact that years later, they appear to read funny, and people sometimes think the starter poster is on drugs because the title of the thread is off the planet or just so wrong. As in, Bargain? No such bargain in current markets. Or Fantastic Stock? Nope, a broken flea bitten dog now in the time 2011 and so on and so on.

I think you all get the point. For those who read this post, just use the above example and take time to point out to fellow sharetraders that the best posting policy under the current circumstances is to simplify with CODE, Company Name, Sector or Industry, Tagline

As in WSA Western Areas - Nickel Play

Or perhaps add something personal but exclude the sentiment as this continually changes and when inserted in headings it is misleading over 50% of the time and many times folks leave or dont post any more and leave the sentiment that has now changed for the stock.

Food for thought and I hope this helps.

tricha
24-05-2011, 11:18 PM
If you want it changed please post what you would like it to display

Cheers

WSA - Flying Nickel as Drillfix suggested and change Mincor to MCR - at the crossroads

Cheers

drillfix
24-05-2011, 11:23 PM
WSA - Flying Nickel as Drillfix suggested and change Mincor to MCR - at the crossroads

Cheers

Tricha, No it is still the same where I am viewing it (using FireFox portable) It still says Target $40
And Mincor MCR still says excellent buying opportunity.

Are you sure you double clicked outside of Text area part of the box after changing the text???

Here is another example I just knocked up for you and anybody else just in case.

How to Edit Thread Titles >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/wabkijditz9psw8aqa49_Edit-Thread-Titles.png

tricha
24-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Tricha, No it is still the same where I am viewing it (using FireFox portable) It still says Target $40

Here is another example I just knocked up for you and anybody else just in case.

How to Edit Thread Titles >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/wabkijditz9psw8aqa49_Edit-Thread-Titles.png

Cheers for your effort drillfix, it does not like me, hopefully Shasta can weave some magic.

drillfix
25-05-2011, 12:01 AM
That look Better?

Bingo, it doesn't get any better than that ;)

No worries Tricha, at least you tried.

Keep trying though with other posts, eventually you will get it sussed.

shasta
25-05-2011, 12:08 AM
That look Better?

MCR changed as well

tricha
25-05-2011, 12:59 AM
MCR changed as well

It's not what was asked for Shasta, flying nickel, wsa'S NICKEL COSTS ARE LOW AND GRADES ARE HIGH. hence flying nickel.

HOW BORING WOULD IT BE COE - oil producer, STO - Oil producer, WPL - oil producer, u might as well go and write all the threads.

And Mincor is at the crossroads. It's a nickel producer and a gold\copper wantabe.

Hmm

drillfix
25-05-2011, 05:16 AM
HOW BORING WOULD IT BE COE - oil producer, STO - Oil producer, WPL - oil producer

Tricha, I think you missed the point, nobody is saying dont write anything else.

The point is to not use sentiment attached to posts as people just leave the title and then the sentiment changes and that then makes the stock look completely wrong.

As in one time you write XZY Company, Super BUY yet the stock changes in 1 months time to a super Dog, then who changes the code or the Title?

The point is sure add character to a post, but by posting in Sentiment, time proves us wrong and then the person whom starts the thread sounds like an idiot. I mean you must try to see this from a perspective of somebody whom comes to visit the ShareTrader site and then they see False and Misleading Sentiment posted on most stocks that only maybe one or two sound correct because the time of the cycle the stock is in.

Does this not make sense.

Sure add some character to it, but when you start adding screaming BUY and then do not change it the month after, it looks kind of stupid dont you think when its an overbought dog a month later and everybody has sold it off and the chart looks cr@p. LOL Then back to the poster who wrote the title, they need to be accountable for their posts and maintain them. IMO.

drillfix
25-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Tricha, guess what? you are NOT Mad and it is easy to understand you frustration as shown below.

Webmaster or Moderator,

I think there is a Bug on ST with regards to members who start threads not be able to edit their Titles as shown in the Pic Below:

Edit Failure Example > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/30yb37fh9v94aapkify_TrichaWSA.png

At the request of Tricha, I logged in as her, then as per request double click the box, changed the thread title to:

WSA - High grade Low cost Nickel producer

But then after clicking out "or" hitting the enter button the title of the thread just resorts back to the old title and hangs.

As shown in the image provided, the edit does not complete, and will hang indefinitely and if the user clicks away and then comes back to it no changes are saved.

Perhaps this is a permission based thing or a thread priority thing but either way, it is a bug so please pass on the report this to the webmaster or coder accordingly.

Cheers~!

shasta
25-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Tricha, guess what? you are NOT Mad and it is easy to understand you frustration as shown below.

Webmaster or Moderator,

I think there is a Bug on ST with regards to members who start threads not be able to edit their Titles as shown in the Pic Below:

Edit Failure Example > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/30yb37fh9v94aapkify_TrichaWSA.png

As explained in the image provided, the edit does not complete, and will hang indefinitely and if the user clicks away and then comes back to it no changes are saved.

Perhaps this is a permission based thing or a thread priority thing but either way, it is a bug so please pass on the report this to the webmaster or coder accordingly.

Cheers~!

Send a PM to Vince, or admin - i cant fix any bugs wouldnt know how!

drillfix
25-05-2011, 01:30 PM
No worries Shasta, I just used the Report button down below on my post to inform them, hopefully that will advise them?

tricha
25-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Webmaster or Moderator,

At the request of Tricha, I logged in as her, then as per request double click the box, changed the thread title to:

WSA - High grade Low cost Nickel producer

But then after clicking out "or" hitting the enter button the title of the thread just resorts back to the old title and hangs.

As shown in the image provided, the edit does not complete, and will hang indefinitely and if the user clicks away and then comes back to it no changes are saved.

Cheers~!

Frustrating all right, like I said I tried to change MCR's title a while ago and I notified with no reply.

Cheers for trying Drillfix

drillfix
25-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Frustrating all right, like I said I tried to change MCR's title a while ago and I notified with no reply.

Cheers for trying Drillfix

No worries Tricha, no doubt we will hear back from Vince or an admin at some stage regarding this and hopefully in the near future there will be resolve to that particular issue.

Keep at it :)

gonzo56
19-07-2011, 05:46 PM
:) Thank god for today. Who else out there owns this little talked about stock?

tricha
20-07-2011, 12:24 AM

Good on u Gonzo, I do not, but I should, the title on WSA was a $20 stock.

$2.00 a lb cash cost, it will go 2 twenty dollars a share. No nickel producer in the world comes close.:t_up:

gonzo56
20-07-2011, 10:02 AM
$20, wow. DBs Reuters service has LT (Annual) Revenue Growth at 107.2%

tricha
21-07-2011, 12:04 AM
$20, wow. DBs Reuters service has LT (Annual) Revenue Growth at 107.2%

$2.00 a lb cash cost, no one else comes close.

It's as good as gold.

The only conceivable risk I can see is a mine collapse, nothing in life is guaranteed

tricha
12-10-2011, 07:36 PM

I should, well I do now and this is close to one of the best mining companies in Australia. Just about recession proof because of it's extremely low production cost.
It is also a prime takeover target for the likes of BHP and Norisik and Jinchuan. Especially with this looming, they are ripe.

UPDATE ON NICKEL CONCENTRATE TENDER PROCESS
Western Areas recently announced that due to ongoing high levels of production from Flying Fox and Spotted Quoll mines, the offtake contract to sell a total of 25,000 tonnes of nickel in concentrate to Jinchuan is expected to be completed by February 2012, well ahead of schedule.

12th
Annual Report to shareholders (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=560939) http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=560939

shasta
13-10-2011, 12:51 AM
I should, well I do now and this is close to one of the best mining companies in Australia. Just about recession proof because of it's extremely low production cost.
It is also a prime takeover target for the likes of BHP and Norisik and Jinchuan. Especially with this looming, they are ripe.

UPDATE ON NICKEL CONCENTRATE TENDER PROCESS
Western Areas recently announced that due to ongoing high levels of production from Flying Fox and Spotted Quoll mines, the offtake contract to sell a total of 25,000 tonnes of nickel in concentrate to Jinchuan is expected to be completed by February 2012, well ahead of schedule.

12th
Annual Report to shareholders (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=560939) http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=560939

Tricha

Have u read the KZL ann re the strategic decision to sell there Nickel assets, WSA look like the natural fit cos of size/grade & location.

Your thoughts?

tricha
13-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Tricha

Have u read the KZL ann re the strategic decision to sell there Nickel assets, WSA look like the natural fit cos of size/grade & location.

Your thoughts?

Oh yeah, natural fit. So is Norilsk, they have re-started lake Johnstone which is just down the road. I'm picking Norilsk will grab the lot.;)
Actually banking on it.!

RLPC-Norilsk Nickel's $1.5 bln loan pays L+225 bps

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31am GMT

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/idAFL5E7LB3OC20111012

tricha
13-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, natural fit. So is Norilsk, they have re-started lake Johnstone which is just down the road. I'm picking Norilsk will grab the lot.;)
Actually banking on it.!

RLPC-Norilsk Nickel's $1.5 bln loan pays L+225 bps

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31am GMT

http://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/idAFL5E7LB3OC20111012

Looks like WSA has sort of locked them in Shasta. Things will hot up soon, I wonder what Terry Streeter's
would like for his 25 million shares, or 15% blocking hold, if it is anything like Jubilee Mines takeover, I'd say nothing short of $10 a share, which would still be cheap, given what they hold and the lock on KZL's area.

October 13, 2011 ASX & TSX: WSA
News Release
CLARIFICATION : LOUNGE LIZARD NICKEL DEPOSIT
Kagara Ltd ("Kagara") has recently announced it is conducting a sale of the Lounge Lizard deposit ("Lounge Lizard") adjacent to Western Areas’ 100% owned Flying Fox mine. Kagara has announced it has appointed Goldman Sachs and Partners Australia Pty Ltd to conduct a sale process for its Forrestania nickel assets, including the nickel rights to Lounge Lizard.
Western Areas has noted ongoing media speculation that Western Areas is likely to bid for the nickel rights to Lounge Lizard. Media articles have included a number of statements speculating on the potential value of a transaction for Lounge Lizard, if this was to occur.
In light of this media speculation, the Board of Western Areas wishes to clarify that it does not intend to participate in the announced current sale process of Kagara’s nickel assets. Western Areas retains a right of pre-emption to match any offers from third parties for the nickel rights to Lounge Lizard.
In addition, the Board notes the following:
 Western Areas has an existing agreement with Kagara (the Lounge Lizard Project Agreement) announced by Western Areas and Kagara on 11th May 2009. Under the key terms of this agreement, Western Areas mines and processes approximately 50,000tpa ore from Lounge Lizard. Kagara has paid Western Areas a $20 million fee for access to Western Areas’ Flying Fox mine infrastructure for this production rate.

 Western Areas manages all aspects of mine development, mining and processing of ore from Lounge Lizard. Concentrate is produced from Lounge Lizard ore at the Forrestania nickel concentrate plant and is sold into Western Areas’ offtake contracts.

 The current agreement provides Western Areas with an election to increase the rate of production from Lounge Lizard in units of 25,000tpa ore, if agreed to by Kagara. In the event production is increased, Kagara would pay additional access fees. At this stage, Western Areas is not proposing to change the existing production rate of 50,000tpa ore from Lounge Lizard given the current production profile from Flying Fox.

 For the 12 months to 30 June 2011, Western Areas mined 48,628 tonnes ore at an average grade of 3.6% nickel for 1,753 tonnes nickel from Lounge Lizard (KZL June Q 2011 Activities Report). For the same period, Western Areas mined 347,648 tonnes ore at an average grade of 4.7% nickel for 16,190 tonnes nickel from Flying Fox.

 Regardless of the outcome of any potential sale process of Lounge Lizard to a third party, the Lounge Lizard Project Agreement with Western Areas will continue. This agreement has already generated significant payments to Western Areas to date.
-ENDS-

shasta
13-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Gee didnt think us mentioning the KZL/WSA link would end up as being touted as "media speculation" lol

tricha
19-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Gee didnt think us mentioning the KZL/WSA link would end up as being touted as "media speculation" lol

Media speculation or not, WSA is "the nickel company" and I firmly believe, they will be taken out for at least $10 a share.
October 18, 2011 ASX & TSX: WSA
News Release
OUTSTANDING RESULTS BELOW FLYING FOX & SPOTTED QUOLL MINES
UPDATE ON THREE EXPLORATION PROJECTS
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WSA&E=ASX&N=561791

Highlights
 Assay results from Flying Fox confirm outstanding intersection below current mineral resource of 34.7m at an average grade of 8.9% nickel (estimated true width 9m)

gonzo56
28-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Why are there lots of low volume trades today? Like 1, 2 and 4 shares...

Is it an automated computer.. so that it tricks charting software into thinking that there's lots of ''action" on this stock..?

tricha
30-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Why are there lots of low volume trades today? Like 1, 2 and 4 shares...

Is it an automated computer.. so that it tricks charting software into thinking that there's lots of ''action" on this stock..?

They are probably cheapskates, the trouble is, if you want 100K of them, the price goes up immensely :p. There is not many for sale.

tricha
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Kagara - what a joke? WSA has them locked up, have the rights to mine it and screw them. The alternative is for who buys this area, is to spend a billion to get the nickel.
Kagara looks for Lounge Lizard buyersAAP November 1, 2011, 7:35 am

http://l.yimg.com/fv/xp/wan/20111007/01/3108793350.jpg (http://l.yimg.com/fv/xp/wan/20111007/01/3108793350.jpg)

Kagara has begun talks with potential buyers of its nickel assets after its mining partner Western Areas indicated it was not interested in a purchase.
Western Areas last week rejected speculation it would buy Kagara's Lounge Lizard nickel mine in WA.
Under an agreement reached in May 2009, Western Areas mines and processes about 50,000 tonnes per year of ore from the Lounge Lizard nickel deposit on Kagara's behalf, selling the product through its own offtake agreements with BHP Billiton and China's Jinchuan.
Kagara said it was now in talks with other potential buyers of the Lounge Lizard mine.
"Kagara and its adviser Goldman Sachs & Partners Australia have commenced discussions with potential purchasers of Kagara's nickel assets," it said in a statement.
"Kagara expects to finalise the sale process during the first quarter of 2012."

tricha
06-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I wonder how long before it is noticed nickel stocks are dropping, when at this time of year they are usually
going up.

We could see a big price increase soon.

http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/base/lme-warehouse-nickel-5y.gif (http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/nickel_historical_large.html#lmestocks_5years)