PDA

View Full Version : EXT Extract Resources

mentat
29-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Hi all, I've been away from monitoring my shares for along time.

I hold some 20000 EXT and just noticed the price is now $0.99 it used to be around $0.10 did they do a ten for one or something (so I now hold 2000 shares) or am I amazingly rich now? If anyone could shed some light.

Much appreciated.

laurie
29-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Yep 10:1

cheers laurie

mentat
29-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks Laurie. So how is EXT going anyway? I am well out of the loop, worth sitting and holding?

Tok3n
11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
RIO just got interested in this potential U producer.

scorp57
07-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Rio want this and its merger partner, which they own a fair chunk of too...

if i wasnt broke because of URA haha i would be buying a huge chunk of this.

dragonz
23-04-2009, 04:58 PM
RIO just got interested in this potential U producer.

RIO may have to line up behind the Chinese

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25370536-5005200,00.html

CHINA National Nuclear Corp has held preliminary talks with Australia uranium miners.

“We have contacted counterparts in Australia, and have held preliminary talks,” CNNC vice president Jiangang Qin told Dow Jones Newswires at the World Nuclear Fuel Cycle 2009 conference

“But we need to verify the feasibility of certain projects before making any more details public.

“We want to focus on our own production but we’d also like to make investments similar to Japan, to plug any shortage in Chinese uranium supply.”

CNNC, the country’s body governing all supply of nuclear fuel for power generation, already has acquired an exploration interest in Niger.

Talk of China seeking large-scale investment in Australia’s uranium miners has intensified in recent weeks.

One Sydney-based investment banker said contact from Chinese companies had increased exponentially over the past two months, with inquiries focusing on the coal and uranium sector.

China is particularly interested in companies already in production, such as Paladin Resources and Energy Resources Australia but also smaller miners at the exploration stage such as Extract Resources.

moimoi
23-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Dragonz...do you follow the U sector?

or are you following this due to the recent chart explosion as per the trading thread.?

cheers
Moi.

dragonz
23-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Dragonz...do you follow the U sector?

or are you following this due to the recent chart explosion as per the trading thread.?

cheers
Moi.

20/04
"I've thrown all my newly aquired T/A skills and my scalp trading stratagies out the window and bet the lot on EXT. Well perhaps not the lot but a large portion of my dismally small capital. I smell an announcement in the air or perhaps a takeover in the wind.

Now I'm of to the doctors to explain how I burnt the insides of my nostrils - and pick up my high-blood pressure pills while I'm there. "

Hi Moi

The above comments where made by me on this site on the 20th of this month. Well before any mention (apart from the downrampers) in the trading threads or todays "chart explosion"

I try to keep half an eye on all sectors and spend nearly all my free time reading anything that might give me an edge.

I've found the best way to get to know a sector/company is to buy shares in them. I brought shares in EXT on Monday after the pullback. The more I read the more I brought. Now have a large holding (for me) and was happy to admit it when the sector was back peddling.

Always good to beat the market by a few days. Helps build up ther war chest for when I get it totally wrong.

Its a great story unfolding with EXT. Just wish I was around two years ago.

Do you follow the U sector? or are you following this due to the recent chart explosion?

D

scorp57
23-04-2009, 11:27 PM
this is where oppurtunity cost kills. read my earlier posts about being tied up in URA otherwise i would have bought...

look at the date, and look at where EXT was at that time.

F##############***************kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

moimoi
24-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I follow AGS, with some luck looking to be the next U producer in Aussie. I was enquiring as i wondered if you had an opinion on it. But i'll guess from the above that you don't.

Reading Cameco's last annual report they indicate they are on the prowl for aquisitions and saw interview with PDN yesterday on CNBC, who are also looking to buy.

EXT sure has gone ballistic..good luck Dragonz.

dragonz
24-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I follow AGS, with some luck looking to be the next U producer in Aussie. I was enquiring as i wondered if you had an opinion on it. But i'll guess from the above that you don't.

Reading Cameco's last annual report they indicate they are on the prowl for aquisitions and saw interview with PDN yesterday on CNBC, who are also looking to buy.

EXT sure has gone ballistic..good luck Dragonz.

It will be interesting to see how the Australian Government reacts to China's increasing interest in the Aussie resource sector.

Some earmark decisions coming up soon re ozl etc.

China may well decide to focus on the smaller companies as they go on thier gathering spree. Thing is they may have to "get in line". All bodes well for AGS I would imagine. Certainly market setiment is high in the Uranium sector.

Good luck with AGS Moi. Exciting times ahead IMHO

dragonz
27-04-2009, 12:31 PM
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=00947082

dragonz
02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
The following is just out on the news wire.

RNS Number : 6393R
Kalahari Minerals PLC
01 May 2009

Kalahari Minerals plc / Ticker: KAH / Index: AIM / Sector: Mining & Exploration

1st May 2009

Kalahari Minerals plc ('Kalahari' or 'the Company')

Placing to raise approximately £17.89 million

Kalahari Minerals plc, the AIM listed mining exploration group with a portfolio of uranium, copper and base metal interests in Namibia, announces that it has conditionally raised approximately £17.89 million (before expenses) by way of a placing by Ambrian Partners Limited and Mirabaud Securities plc ('the Joint Brokers') of 17,890,000 new ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the capital of the Company ('the Placing Shares'), with new and existing shareholders at a price of 100 pence per Placing Share ('the Placing Price') ('the Placing'). It is intended that the net proceeds of the Placing will be used to provide Kalahari with the capacity, to the extent that it is able, maintain its stake in Extract Resources Ltd (ASX and TSX: EXT) ('Extract').

Kalahari Chairman Mark Hohnen said, 'The aggressive exploration programme underway at Husab continues to churn out excellent results, particularly at the Rossing South target, which we believe has the potential to become one of the largest uranium deposits in the world. With this in mind, our shareholders expressed an interest in maintaining Kalahari's position in Extract to support its growth, so we were delighted to raise this money, which will enable us to do just that. We were also pleased to attract new institutions, which have also recognised the opportunity to become involved in such an exciting project and support the Placing, which was considerably oversubscribed.'

The Placing is conditional, inter alia, upon the Company obtaining general issuance authorities from the shareholders of the Company (“the Shareholders') at the Company's annual general meeting (“the AGM'). The AGM is to be held on 12 May 2009 at 10 a.m. at the offices of Lawrence Graham LLP, 4 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AU, notice of which was sent to Shareholders on 17 April 2009 (“the Notice'). At the time the Notice was sent, the directors of the Company (“the Directors') had no intention of undertaking a Placing. However, following the publication of updated drilling results by Extract on 27 April 2009 and the subsequent increase in the share price of both Extract and the Company, it was apparent that there was sufficient interest in the market for the Company to raise further funds. In the circumstances, the Directors considered that it was appropriate and prudent to take advantage of the opportunity that has arisen.

The Placing represents approximately 10 per cent. of the issued share capital of the Company and following Admission, the Placing Shares will represent 9.1 per cent. of the enlarged issued share capital.

The Placing is further conditional on admission of the Placing Shares being admitted to AIM ('Admission'). It is expected that Admission will occur, and dealings in the Placing Shares will commence, at 8.00 a.m. on 15 May 2009.

The Placing Shares will, when issued, rank pari passu in all respects with the existing issued shares of Kalahari, including the right to receive any dividends and other distributions declared following Admission.

Under the terms of the Placing the Company has agreed to issue to the Joint Brokers 447,250 warrants each ('the Warrants') to subscribe for ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the Company ('the Ordinary Shares'). The Warrants have an exercise price of 100 pence per Ordinary Share. The Warrants will be exercisable at any time until 1st May 2011. Following the allotment of the Placing Shares the Company will have insufficient issuance authorities to grant the Warrants and it is agreed that the Warrants will be issued conditional upon Shareholder approval. It is intended that a circular shall be sent to Shareholders shortly convening a general meeting proposing such authorities and replacing the general authority proposed at the AGM which is being fully utilised in the Placing.

02/05/09 03:50 (View) Back

With the money they raise they could buy another 5+ million extra shares bringing thier stake to over 40%+. Is this the beginning of a take over or am I reading to much into this.

What will the share price do Monday?.

moimoi
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
hmmm...

it says ."...with the capacity, to the extent that it is able, maintain its stake in Extract Resources Ltd"

Maintain its stake?

Is EXT doing a cash raising.?

dragonz
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
hmmm...

it says ."...with the capacity, to the extent that it is able, maintain its stake in Extract Resources Ltd"

Maintain its stake?

Is EXT doing a cash raising.?

They seem to be preempting any move by EXT to do“cash rising”.

I would have thought that with 1 1/2 years of cash reserves left in the bank that there is no reason for“cash raising”. I think EXT only requires 8 million to finish their exploration program which leaves 20 million for the next step. This would be the cash raising period IMHO.

shasta
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
They seem to be preempting any move by EXT to do“cash rising”.

I would have thought that with 1 1/2 years of cash reserves left in the bank that there is no reason for“cash raising”. I think EXT only requires 8 million to finish their exploration program which leaves 20 million for the next step. This would be the cash raising period IMHO.

Taking on debt, capital raising, paying out dividends etc can all be used to defuse a takeover target.

The banks seem happy to pre-empt there financing requirements & strengthen there balance sheets with cash raisings, so why not others?

dragonz
04-05-2009, 10:07 AM
http://blogs.ft.com/energy-source/2009/05/...uranium-prices/

A new dawn for uranium prices?
May 1, 2009 8:43am by William MacNamara

The uranium trade resembles the diamond market in some ways: it is rather opaque and mysterious, and also lends itself to "it can only go up" narratives. In the case of diamonds this narrative is, "Asians will earn more and more money and buy more and more engagement rings, and meanwhile no one is building new diamond mines."

In uranium it boils down to, "Asians are building more and more nuclear power stations to solve their energy problems, and meanwhile no one is building new uranium mines."

Once again, it is a new dawn for uranium prices and uranium miners, according to a report by RBC Capital Markets.

Factors cited by the report: A looming supply/demand shortfall, as a new generation of nuclear power plants - largely in Asia, but also in Western Europe - requires more uranium in a world that has not invested properly in new sources of supply. Another factor: Japanese and Korean utility companies' direct buying of uranium companies, which signals "the start of utilities looking to secure long-term supplies where they see potential shortfalls."

"We believe the uranium market is in the early stages of a bull market rally that could last three or four years," the report says.

We might be at the start of a bull market, as both investors and customers of uranium producers inject real money in to this attractive theory. For now, however, the uranium price remains low, and there is little hard data to suggest it will rise higher than other industrial commodities. The nearest thing to a benchmark, the Ux Consulting price, places the latest price at $42 per pound, compared to $64 a year ago and prices above $100 in 2007.

As with so many commodities' direction this year, much hangs on China and the vexing inscrutability of its intentions. Even before the stimulus bill China had budgeted $65bn to build a new fleet of nuclear power stations, increase uranium imports, and even explore for the mineral around the world. A pattern of Chinese companies acquiring uranium producers outright or partially, following Japanese and Korean example (and Areva's acquisition of UraMin in 2007), would lend weight to the "it can only go up" theory.

Meanwhile the junior uranium sector, alive with a frontier cowboy spirit especially in Namibia, has been performing very well relative to junior base metals miners. A standout is Kalahari Minerals (tied to Extract Resources through significant shareholdings), whose drilling results at the large Rossing South uranium deposit in Namibia continue to impress. Shares have risen from 43p to 110p this year - largely in anticipation of neighbour Rio Tinto (owner of the Rossing mine) or a Chinese or other Asian buyer making a full offer. Also in anticipation of … demand rising as a new fleet of nuclear power plants is commissioned.

"We think consolidation in the uranium business will occur in the coming 12 months, but the number of quality names is limited and should help drive equity prices higher," RBC's bullish note says

lawrence
10-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Hit a high of $10.80 with chinese sticking their finger into the pie causing all sorts of problems due to complicated cross over ownership. Extract is approaching ASIC to exempt the chinese from a takeover due to then ending up with 43% of EXT because they exceeded 20% by CGNPC taking over Kalahari Minerals which owns 43% of EXT,CGNPC only wants Kalahari stake