PDA

View Full Version : Options traders and options training

Mako
10-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Who of you out there trade options and do well enough at it to make it your prime income?

I'd like to know if its worth forking out a small fortune on training for this gig, or if its wiser to keep this money in one's pocket to spend in the markets.

I'm looking at Optionetics for training does anyone have any dealings with them here in NZ?

Brut
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Mako,
I trade Options but it has taken me about 12 months to find my own system and doing OK now. I did a Options course about 12mths ago & thought if I "follow the rules", I won't loose money. It can be risky & I recommend you paper trade for at least 3mths.
I lost about $7k in the first 2mths of my trading but learnt alot from my mistakes. You will learn more from your loses than your winners. My advice is too only follow about 4 or 5 stocks on the ASX & get to know these inside out (maybe, BHP, ANZ, NAB, RIO & WOW) Follow the overseas markets and after awhile you get to feel whether these stocks are bullish or bearish. Also, I hold Options for 1 - 4 days. Learn to exit the trade & soon as it goes against you & ride the winners.
Hope this helps...

Crypto Crude
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
mako....
get NZOOD options and forget the course...:D...
pour those course fees into this puppy and watch it kaboom....haha
[8D]
.^sc- currently up 10% Within one week...

duncan macgregor
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shrewd Crude

mako....
get NZOOD options and forget the course...:D...
pour those course fees into this puppy and watch it kaboom....haha
[8D]
.^sc- currently up 10% Within one week...
The only trouble with a puppy is that they are inclined to grow into dogs. [:o)]:D:D:D[YOU Should have bought SMM like i told you instead].[:I]macdunk

Crypto Crude
13-04-2007, 10:31 PM
mackdadunk-nzo is a pup starting transition into a full blooded bull terrior...
this is one thread that you cannot litter with your picks as its an options thread....
no dount we can resume this at nzo thread...
see you back over there on the dance floor...
toe to toe buddy...:D
PS: nzood options up 5.3% today..
[8D]
.^sc