PDA

View Full Version : KSO - King Solomon Mines

LeBOJ
18-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Anyone been watching this? Kiwi company that's listing in Oz today. Looks like it's going to be a good open. Issued at 20cents and looks to have good potential.

We'll see what the Aussies think of it, as they're very sharp on their mining sector . . . [?][?][?]

LeBOJ
19-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Going well. Up to 26cents or 30% on issue.

mineinsights
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
How do these shares fair with the new overseas tax rules?

trackers
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone looked into this one? Small cap (7mil - 100mil shares @ 7 cents) copper explorer in Mongolia.

Average results to date though new Bu Dun Hua (Porphyry Cu/Mo/Au) project looks interesting. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyuu_Tolgoi for context.

One thing that irks me a bit is newsflow on drilling and stuff seems to be mainly contained to quarterlys and presentations... Perhaps thats because of the lack of anything amazing to date, but still annoying.

Could have a big future though... Has gone up 8% as I've been typing!! :)

Financially dependant
09-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Anyone looked into this one? Small cap (7mil - 100mil shares @ 7 cents) copper explorer in Mongolia.

Average results to date though new Bu Dun Hua (Porphyry Cu/Mo/Au) project looks interesting. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyuu_Tolgoi for context.

One thing that irks me a bit is newsflow on drilling and stuff seems to be mainly contained to quarterlys and presentations... Perhaps thats because of the lack of anything amazing to date, but still annoying.

Could have a big future though... Has gone up 8% as I've been typing!! :)

I used to follow KSO but never bought in, the SP does ok in the summer drilling season but drops away during there long hard winter in Mongolia.
If they prove up a good resource there neighbour is a ready buyer.

This is all from memory tho...

drillfix
14-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Hey folks,

Got a heads up on this stock this a.m. from a friend, and apparently its run by some you NZ'drs over there kicking it back smoking some whahini's on the beach while some stuff in Mongolia are trying to unfold, is this correct?

Anybody know much about the stock or what or how the current prospects stack in the current market compared to similar explorers?

Cheers in advance should somebody be able to sound off :)

add/edit:

Reading a presentation they seem to have Mkt Cap of $8.3 million with 1.2 million in cash
12 month trading range 3 - 12c
104.4 Million shares 9.4 Million Options

Cap raising at 7c recently, and another issue at 7c for current holders.

Gold + Copper projects in Monglolia with aggressive exploration plan for 2011

drillfix
14-02-2011, 02:38 PM
After reading some comments on HC, it appears that this mob likes to raise money, do endless drilling and not actually be too concerned about what actual results are there.

My thoughts are, is this Co the Uran of Copper/Gold ...LOL

Placement at 7c as well. May just wait and see how it goes with this one.

Xerof
14-02-2011, 02:53 PM
It's a part of the WID stable of investments

WID has done nothing for years really - can't seem to get on anyones radar, although the Nickel mine in Vietnam may become feasible again, with the commodities rally of late. Can't get excited.....

having said that, they have been pumping their Chatham Rise phosphate recently.....

drillfix
14-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Xerof, thanks for that info!

Its always good to get some perspective from others whom know something of the story/previous story.

Cheers~!

shasta
14-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Xerof, thanks for that info!

Its always good to get some perspective from others whom know something of the story/previous story.

Cheers~!

Chris Castle (CEO of NZX:WID, NZX:WEN etc) used to post on Sharetrader a few years ago

drillfix
15-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Chris Castle (CEO of NZX:WID, NZX:WEN etc) used to post on Sharetrader a few years ago

Really? does he have anything to do with KSO now though? Not sure what the other co's do though I see there are NZ listed.

shasta
15-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Really? does he have anything to do with KSO now though? Not sure what the other co's do though I see there are NZ listed.

Off the KSO website

Mr. Christopher Castle B.C.A., A.C.A., C.F.I.P.
Non-Executive Director (59)

Chris is a chartered accountant with 30 years experience in the investment and corporate finance sectors. He was a founding director of Spectrum Resources Ltd and Premier Mining Securities and has held directorships in eight NZX listed companies. His mining and mineral exploration background includes (as an executive of Brierley Investments from 1975-1982) a series of projects with Amoil NZ Limited, Kanieri Gold Dredging Limited and Australian Anglo-American Limited.

His investment sector experience includes eight years with Brierley Investments (the last five as investment manager) and five years with Regina Confections/Charter Corporation group. He established Widespread Portfolios Limited in 1989 as a mining focused investor and share trader. Since September 1999 Chris has been managing the company on a full time basis. He is also a non-executive director of TSX.V listed Asian Mineral Resources and a director of NZAX listed Widespread Energy Limited.

drillfix
15-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Ahh, never saw that, but thanks yet again Shasta!

shasta
15-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Ahh, never saw that, but thanks yet again Shasta!

Chris Castle used to post as The Examiner, but i see he hasnt posted since June 2008!

drillfix
15-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Chris Castle used to post as The Examiner, but i see he hasnt posted since June 2008!

Why doesn't ST send him an email to say , c'mon back and join the community as it will be good for your Biz and PR.

Guess he is too busy for BB type activity.

shasta
15-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Why doesn't ST send him an email to say , c'mon back and join the community as it will be good for your Biz and PR.

Guess he is too busy for BB type activity.

As you have found out the owners of Sharetrader (whoever it is now?) are very passive, & were looking to sell it a while back, not sure where its at?

I note other sites do actively engage with business owners & those happy to promote themselves, could be a whole new area of interest for ST?

Just like your great idea to encode the competitions into the site.

So long as the info released onto ST wasn't in any stock exchange breach for continuous disclosure/insider trading - i've love to see more like Chris Castle, Showman of PLV, BWR & now Chris Roberts of NZO on here to answers the hard question.

Send Chris a PM & invite him to promote his companies on here & get a free "plug"

Personally i found the KSO presentation very unprofessional & disappointing (wonder if Purple Communications did the presentation lol)

drillfix
15-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Send Chris a PM & invite him to promote his companies on here & get a free "plug"

Personally i found the KSO presentation very unprofessional & disappointing (wonder if Purple Communications did the presentation lol)

ROFL, Oh no Shasta please, no more Purple Comms stuff, makes one having the feeling of running away.

Not keen on companies that just talk the talk with nothing that never actually transpires. After a few years if a company has nothing to show for it besides talk or paper plans, then they should they (imo) should not be a company, or at least a board on that company as they will continually fail to deliver.

Perhaps another variation of Uran, a company becoming slowly diluted down like cordial to the point there is no taste nor flavour to it, except a plastic bottle that you can eventually buy over the counter for pittance. But then i wont start on that now to save us all from whatever.

shasta
15-02-2011, 03:40 PM
ROFL, Oh no Shasta please, no more Purple Comms stuff, makes one having the feeling of running away.

Not keen on companies that just talk the talk with nothing that never actually transpires. After a few years if a company has nothing to show for it besides talk or paper plans, then they should they (imo) should not be a company, or at least a board on that company as they will continually fail to deliver.

Perhaps another variation of Uran, a company becoming slowly diluted down like cordial to the point there is no taste nor flavour to it, except a plastic bottle that you can eventually buy over the counter for pittance. But then i wont start on that now to save us all from whatever.

Sorry i couldnt help myself on the purple communications comment, i knew you'd pick up on it though ;)