PDA

View Full Version : IDO Indo Mines

donnie
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Indo seems to be ready to fire soon. the charts looking good

SCOPING STUDY CONFIRMS ECONOMICS AND CASH FLOW POTENTIAL OF JOGJAKARTA IRON SANDS PROJECT

The Board of Indo Mines Limited (“Indo Mines”) is pleased to advise that a Scoping Study undertaken by ProMet Engineers Pty Ltd has confirmed the economic viability and cash flow potential of the Jogjakarta Iron Sands Project (“Project”) in Central Java, Indonesia.
The Scoping Study shows an NPV ranging from US$418 million (A$505 million) to US$658 million (A$795 million) assuming sales at US$300 to US$350 per tonne for pig iron respectively from the production of 1 million tonnes per annum of pig iron.
Summary
At a mining rate of 9 million tonnes of iron sands per annum the Project will support a production rate of 1 million tonnes of Pig Iron per annum at an operating cost of US$152 per tonne. At a spot price of US$300 (current spot prices range from US$280 - US$385) the Project has the potential to generate operating cash flows of around US$148 million per annum. Pig iron demand and supply projections within Indonesia and its adjacent markets indicate a stable price will continue for some years, with demand likely to increase with the availability of this cheaper domestic supply.
With a capital cost of US$582 million (determined to a nominal accuracy of ±30%) the project shows an IRR of 21.7% with an NPV (at a 10% discount rate) in excess of US$418 million, at US$350 per tonne the NPV rises to US$658 million.
The Scoping Study has identified several more cost effective options for developing the Project, including the production of marketable concentrates and three alternative hot metal processing technologies that have the potential to significantly improve the economics of the project.
As part of the Scoping Study, URS Australia has completed an Environmental and Social Scoping Study that identified no unmanageable community or environmental issues with the development of the project at this stage, based on the preliminary work. URS indicated that there was potential for the land reclamation processes to see improved productivity of the mined out areas compared to the existing land form, and the proposed waste stream management would assist in minimising the project’s environmental impact.
Based on these encouraging results, Indo Mines will now commence a Bankable Feasibility Study for a 1 Million tonne per annum Concentrate Plant, due for completion late in 2007. At the same time a Pre-Feasibility Study will be commissioned to determine the most viable and cost effective hot metal processing technology for the Project, the results of this should be available for inclusion in the Bankable Feasibility Study by September 2007. The Bankable Feasibility Study for the 1 million tonne per annum pig iron plant is due for completion in mid 2008.

1. Resource

The Project is located 32 kilometres south of Jogjakarta on the southern coast of Central Java. The deposit comprises a beach area 22 kilometres in length by 1.8 kilometres in width adjacent to the coast line between the Progo and Bogowanto Rivers. The initial mining of the Project’s mineral resource (as announced on 27 September 2006) of 605 million tonnes of Iron Sands (grading at 10.8% Fe) will focus on the Surface Sand Unit which contains 273 million tonnes of Iron Sands (grading at 14.2% Fe), or the equivalent of about 39 million tonnes of Fe.

This amount of contained iron paves the way for the development of the Yogyakarta deposit, which has enough contained iron for production of 1,000,000 tonnes of pig iron annually for a minimum of 30 years. During the initial stages of mining additional test work is planned to determine the best method for processing the remaining 332 million tonne resource.

2. Scoping Parameters

Key considerations in the scoping study were throughput rate, project longevity, infrastructure and community development impacts. The minimum project life is 20 years, with sufficient resources to either expand production or extend the mine life. Indications from the URS Aust

buns
28-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Indonesia coal – $39m market cap

I entered at 21c today, giving me a wee specy to follow.

Very high quality grades/projects, cheap extraction - Looking to be the lowest cost producer going. Supply agreement to whole of Indonesia (worlds 3rd fastest growing economy)

Quite closely held, by a highly respected management team owning over 20%

Not covered by brokers just yet

http://www.indomines.com.au/assets/Uploads/100909-Company-Presentation2.pdf

buns
28-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Up straight away!

steamroller
28-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Also on my watch list, signs looking positive for a good run before end of year...

buns
29-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Make your move mate - up 10% yesterday, already another 10% today..

I've re-read the story, and boy, I'm removing this from the specy section. It's got the goods.

Thumpa
23-11-2010, 11:47 PM
In myself at 20c recently . looks like decent support level with hint's of a possible uptrend developing.
Overdue for new's update on coal production and Iron sand project.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/IDO.png

buns
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Nice one Thumpa

Approaching a triple bag.

I sold out, on the upward trend for a double. As I carry on reducing my exposure to stocks I know little about, or find hard to follow.

This one seems to be going places though, so thought it might be worth taking it to the front page for someone in the know to maybe follow.