PDA

View Full Version : GLF alert ..... astrostuff .....

yogi-in-oz
13-05-2007, 11:29 AM
:)

Hi folks,

GLF and GLX share the SAME time cycle analysis and for these stocks,
it suggests, that we should be alert for some news/moves, on:

18-21052007 ... positive news expected here

23-24052007 ... negative cycle here ... finances ???
... trading may be flat, due to a weak underlying
positive cycle from 21-28052007

06-07062007 ... two POSITIVE cycles to trigger aggressive move
for GLF and GLX ...??? ... :)

22-25062007 ... positive cycle here .. finance-related ... ???

09072007 ... NEGATIVE spotlight on GLF and GLX

happy days

paul

=====

yogi-in-oz
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Hi folks,

GLF ... should be firing on all cylinders in early April 2011 ...
... and our astroanalysis shows the market spotlight should
be firmly focused on GLF, particularly around 06-07042011 ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

denpal
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
thanks Yogi, GLF has a lot going for it, quality shareholders plus directors who were involved in AND early days and we know how successful that was! Check out the GLFOB's, very long dated.

denpal
14-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Looks like she's popping now........OB's up 25%

percy
14-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Looks like she's popping now........OB's up 25%

Thanks for the thumbs up,brought a few at 2cents.

Entrep
14-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up,brought a few at 2cents.
In the OB's for a similar price too after the D&D rumors fell over and enjoying the ride today.

drillfix
14-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Already hold these OB options since either 0.008 thereabouts, but it it doesn't matter anyway as I have these for another long term account.

Saying that, I also made an entry into the fully paid @ 5c today to for a long but will also pickup some trading stock too but I have been a little late on this as I should have done that on the fall back that Gulf recently experienced.

Since the board and management changes, this stock has been on fire (slowly on fire).

Recommend holding long for this one folks, as the story will only get better (IMO).

Good luck to holders :)

drillfix
15-02-2011, 06:30 PM
It is really funny how GLF trades at times, as in the stock climbs up at a reasonable level, and then sells off each time there are gains for that day. This is becoming a trademark sell off from GLF.

Same with the options, which is only natural to follow the volatility of the heads, but I believe they sometimes pre-empt the move.

Ahh well, its always good that a stock takes a breather, because by looking at the Hourly, that is exactly what it is going to do, though I wonder if the daily will follow.

drillfix
17-02-2011, 04:44 PM
And another DITTO post form me.

Folks, can any of you see whats happening here with this stock? its like a licence to make money...LOL

I mean, it gets bought up, and then it comes back down, "every day" as profit takers bail. And the same happens the next day.

Somebody, please, just try this and have some fun while you are at it, but before you consider, yield the warning of the Hourly MACD histogram about to turn negative, with the positive signal lines crossing on the the positive side of the MACD so no doubt expect some weekness.

Been a great hourly chart on this one for the past while.

Only option traders here on this one or any heads players out there too?

denpal
17-02-2011, 09:25 PM
The last 10 days it has closed lower than it opened 5 times, same open/close once and closed higher 4 times. About even then? I've only got the OB's which are certainly a bit erratic and slow to react to the heads movement at times.

But I'm in no hurry as there is an awakening giant here we have reason to believe. A clue, look who is involved (management, directors and substantial holders) and what they have previously succeeded in.

drillfix
17-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi denpal,

Yes the options at times a bit erratic indeed with mini spikes and then back to square one.

Have been following this GLF story for quite some time and it just keeps getting better and holders will be rewarded in due time accordingly.

With all these types of closes, obviously the stock is being traded and once we have broken past 6.3c then 10c should be hit quite quick fast or if not on a spike, then followed by 17, 23, 28, accordingly. (by looking at the Weekly targets).

Lets just hope traders dont get too carried away by ramping and keep the talk about fundamentals real.

Will it get there? all in good time, but we ned t

drillfix
18-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Strong finish to the end of the week for GLF with a 7c close.

That ought to make a few holders happy along with the options closing on the high of 2.9c which is also is a strong result.

IMO, looking at the chart, this will stock will have 10c on it by next week some time now that we are past the 6.3 resistance.

yabster
18-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi drill

bought some glfob's few weeks ago so pretty happy- if they pass the ex price of 10 cents next week- will be stoked!

Entrep
18-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Options don't seem to have been performing as well as the heads all week? Looking forward to some catch up. Great finish tho

drillfix
18-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Hi drill

bought some glfob's few weeks ago so pretty happy- if they pass the ex price of 10 cents next week- will be stoked!

Yab, as you know, plenty of time on these options. Just the way I like it, plenty if not HUGE upside here and little conversion so by the time we get there the price of the Heads will make the options well in the money.

Entrep, yes the options are funny bugger things on this stock, sometimes there will be no movement at all if any while the share bobs up an and down.

I think the clear momentum in the next week should see some action here with the options.

As some know, I had bought Gulf ages ago before all any hype when nobody wanted it. I like the story then and thought I will make this a long term buy and keep it in a long term account.

Since noticing on HC Squad getting interested, I added to my position because the fundamentals also improved heaps.

Askier on HC one of the main ring leaders in his position in GLF and GLFOB, he has a holding stock of them and a trading stock so when the price idles he seems to act like the Market Maker for GLF

After the issue to insto at 4c and the price drop I entered with buying more options and heads at 5c entry was waiting for another test of the 6.3c resistance and knew if it were to test it today, it would break through so I bought another small parcel at 6.3c about 30 seconds prior to the breakout.

I think eventually when the Options become safely or comfortably in the money, you will see a more regulated behaviour in them, IMO.

Entrep
21-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Hmm, this went bonkers this morning and now down trading well off highs. D&D related again or whats the deal?

drillfix
21-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Do you mean pump n dump?

I believe the stock is being technically traded, but most want to sell it off so they can then buy it lower again to do the same thing again over. Eventually it should test the 10 level which should act like resistance, to sell off again and then back again etc etc.

No doubt it will rally again when then sellers dry up and prices rises, only to then it fall back to flush people out, and the process repeats like above.

I feel the stock will have a hard time running past the 10c level without some news as it will need some info to substantiate the run up and to keep the balance of the Fundamentals and Technicals in Harmony. Meaning, a Technically balanced Story the will see a nice run unfold.

lewinsky
07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Drillfix,

GLF is quietly plugging away, and as you say goes ahead and then slips back with day traders. Strong jump on friday and another milestone hit today of 8 cents.

My only concern is the mine location and access to ports.

Are you still holding?

LEW

drillfix
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Lew,

Yep, still holding though mainly options, so not holding the fully paids atm, but "I sure will" be looking forward to an entry on any weakness when it presents itself which I believe will when the Hourly starts to fall over and present the nice higher low so to speak.

The ability to solveproblems is what makes key management over any ordinary management, so IMO, regardless of the location, I am confident about the management team that are in place whom will deliver and solve any problems that needs solved. Be it logistics or acquisition or production etc etc.

Did you jump on board at all yourself Lew, or just window shopping atm?

lewinsky
07-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi Drillfix,

Yep, I am on board, although as with a few of my other shares have gone for the heads rather than the options.

I figure that those oppies get the blood pumping through my veins faster than a workout at the gym.

Got in at 4.5 so no complaints here.

LEW

drillfix
08-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Good entry there Lew, would I be correct in thinking that I guess you jumped onboard when there was a pull back due to the previous issue? or prior?

Either way, in the months a head you certainly will/can/should be rewarded accordingly.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I figure that those oppies get the blood pumping through my veins faster than a workout at the gym.

Got in at 4.5 so no complaints here.

LEW

Well Lew, and 10c before the weekend here we come.

You are right though about the options. The get ya the heart beat going but I just choose to view it as better exposure to the stock which one day could easily happen.

Saying that, they are long expiry so there is no immediate threat with them as they dont expire until March 2013 (2 years to go)

Will try to find my previous post with the chart to see where this is going and will go in the near to medium term.

Cheers.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Check out the bid volume building up, along with today's trade volume.

Forget end of the week, 10c can and looks like it will be tested tomorrow.

Unlike always, not much time will tell.

denpal
08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I sold 1/3 of my OB's at 4c today to de-risk, free-carried now and await further developments.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I sold 1/3 of my OB's at 4c today to de-risk, free-carried now and await further developments.

Way ta go depal, and good that you are decisive.

Just surfing away myself, and had thought about unloading a few but decided to make a strategy whereby when the heads climb a little higher to test the 10c mark would be a nice option unloading strategy. Of course to only then take a kick back and wait for the daily main indicators to take a breather while the 10c res gets tested and eventually broken and the indicators also turn in your favour (or just prior).

Anyway, who gives a hoot, well done again.

drillfix
09-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey denpal and others who read threads randomly.

As I had my PRT charting up and running I thought I would post a chart for the thread.

GLF daily and weekly chart >>>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7b8tao03ayk89zzzln.png

The chart shows potential future targets and on the daily shows a box where a fantastic entry would have been had you entered back then with the EMA lines converging and then spreading open. Some call this the gate effect of EMA's by where the gate opens and spreads the EMA's to widen from each other in the right direction of the trade.

The weekly on the right side of the pic shows the start of a potential good entry as well.

Meaning, just because some believe they have missed the boat by viewing the daily and say that the stock was only 3c about 3+ months ago and now has tripled. This does not mean the stock is not going to at least double again as for those who prefer to trade or invest in a weekly, you can gain confidence when you eventually see the all the lower EMA's heading north to eventually cross the 200EMA.

Moral of the story on the weekly here is that for a long term view you will know you will be on the right side of the trade, should this eventuate in the next couple of weeks.

The weekly shows in the box the 13ema crossing the 90ema with the 30ema to also follow. Once that is done you will get the SP falling also back down and drawn towards the broken 90ema for a bounce for the next leg up. Eventually once the 3 lower 13, 30, 90 ema's have crossed and open up, you will see your crossing of the 200ema. Again, there will be fluxuations of the sp testing the middle bolly bans and lower ema's to continue to bounce, but once all have opened up as in the gate effect explained above, you can be comforted to be on a technically sound side of the trade.

Having said all this. The fundamentals of the stock and its geographic environment with what projects and management it has also drives this price. Who is to exactly say what will happen. So far so good though. Will it continue and will Global Economics create volatility in all stocks and then change the Technicals for all stocks? Who knows, this is the market as we all know, and you can bet your boots this is what the market will do to us all. which is test us and challenge our belief system, courage, and fear accordingly.

Anyway, this stock is a long term hold for me on the options and I also trade them both in heads and options in another account.

My belief system tells me this stock both technically and fundamentally has turned a big corner and should at least be added to your watch list.

Patterns in trading this stock also seems to change on a weekly basis, but IMO, one thing for sure is that I believe it will eventually meet at leas the first 2 targets drawn in the chart, providing market conditions stay in tack.

Cheers~!

drillfix
09-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Funny that hey, No matter what stock you post about, once you post a chart or even rant about it, the next day the stock falls on its head just to prove you wrong :P

Such as life :)

denpal
09-03-2011, 01:04 PM
We're at resistance now dating back to Oct/Nov 2008. Don't think it is too strong but will slow down northwards progress until we get above it.

drillfix
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Sounds odd denpal, I though 10c was the old resistance line?

It wont matter now though because the 60 minute chart has just broken down, with MACD neg histogram and crossing signal line, plus breech of the 13ema, so its downward we go for the next X amount of hours.

Just would have thought with the recent strength we had seen that the stock would have the momentum to potentially test 10c, but it looks like I was wrong about that.

I guess it will be another time, as the daily also gets dragged south.

By viewing the daily it seems there has been very little negative MACD histogram if any for any long period. mostly positive for the past many months.

One may call this a good opportunity to sell or buy the dips so to speak, but we have a red day on our hands atm and this stock seems to need to take a breather so whatever it is, its just doing what it needs to do.

percy
09-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Funny that hey, No matter what stock you post about, once you post a chart or even rant about it, the next day the stock falls on its head just to prove you wrong :P

Such as life :)

There is a medical name for this condition.
It is "The Percy Syndrome".It is highly contagious,particulary in the share market investment community.
The best antidote is to do the opposite to what Percy is doing.
It should be noted Percy has a 100% record of being wrong on FX.,

drillfix
09-03-2011, 01:51 PM
LOL percy,

Are you on GLF? or didn't you jump in on the options a while back?

For the time being, I will be watching the Hourly Chart for the next couple of days for what maybe a well timed entry for the fully paid shares or perhaps the options too. Yet the options seem to be holding ground as we make Higher Lows again.

percy
09-03-2011, 02:08 PM
LOL percy,

Are you on GLF? or didn't you jump in on the options a while back?

For the time being, I will be watching the Hourly Chart for the next couple of days for what maybe a well timed entry for the fully paid shares or perhaps the options too. Yet the options seem to be holding ground as we make Higher Lows again.
Thought you would enjoy!!!. yes I brought some glfob at 2cents on 7/02/11.Long dated.31/3/13 conversion.

drillfix
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Thought you would enjoy!!!. yes I brought some glfob at 2cents on 7/02/11.Long dated.31/3/13 conversion.

Yes, most amused.

And good stuff on your entry on these so called long date OB's.

As you may know, I bagged some about a year ago at 0.008 and in another account got some at 2.3c and then some more at 2.9c

I consider any fall back an opportunity, although the overall condition of the market must also be kept into perspective to whats happening there so finger on the pulse for the next while to see how this plays out.

drillfix
01-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Well, for what its worth here is yesterdays chart both daily and weekly.

GLF daily and weekly >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/3wj5plhra0a9q6lzybzm.png

As you can see, price is sitting right nicely on the 13ema which also is above the 30ema which also is above the 90 and 200 ema's line up nicely.

On the daily there appears to be some slight upward divergence in RSI and OBV.
And the MACD histogram is about to turn positive (so it seems close) and with a green day or two we can also see a signal line cross over, yet Williams has beaten that to the punch and made a move higher as it responds much faster than MACD which obviously Lags.

Keep and eye show in the box on price on the weekly as the 30ema starts to move towards the 90ema and should we get a cross over then no doubt the box above that will be tested by price upwards at the 200ema on the weekly.

As always, time will tell.

Still holding the options and buy small parcels on any weakness.

Cheers~!

trackers
01-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I was the highest bidder of the OB's for several days but no dice, not a single trade - So I've given up lol

drillfix
01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I was the highest bidder of the OB's for several days but no dice, not a single trade - So I've given up lol

Don't know about giving up. Got a few GTC orders in that I just let sit for 30 days or so.

Like most folks, I dont like to chase, yet will jump the cue and also add a few higher price DAY orders in hoping they will get hit.

In due time anything under 3c will be excellent buying and we will look back and say "here I was endlessly mucking around with day orders" but then you either believe in where the company is going or you dont and purely trade it. Me? I like to do both.

trackers
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
One advantage of IB drilly (still too lazy to move there) is you can place orders without tying up your funds? And do One cancels all type trades? I can't do that with ASB Securities, I put an order in and that money is effectively dead to me... So can't leave orders lying around for long if I want to be fully (or near fully) invested.

But aside from that, yeah hear what you're saying and still looking for an entry :)

denpal
01-04-2011, 02:27 PM
All gone quiet at Gulf, volume has dried up and an ascending triangle looks like it's forming well. I sold a chunk of my OB's at 4c and re-bought a lot lower so happy to hold and await some good news - probably the limestone.

drillfix
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
One advantage of IB drilly (still too lazy to move there) is you can place orders without tying up your funds? And do One cancels all type trades? I can't do that with ASB Securities, I put an order in and that money is effectively dead to me... So can't leave orders lying around for long if I want to be fully (or near fully) invested.

But aside from that, yeah hear what you're saying and still looking for an entry :)

Yeah thats one great thing about IB is that there sure is flexibility there. Although its not all fun and games there, because IB does not allow you to borrow any margin for small caps or stocks with no liquidity etc etc.

Meaning, for example with commsec say, I can march off and buy say $20K worth of xyz stock and sell it on the same day no matter what the stock is, I can still do that. But with IB, if I have say 20K and 10 of that is invested currently, and I have 10K to say trade with, I can trade up to 40K on a liquid Blue Chip or what is an IB acceptable stock but not any old Rag Dog stock. Meaning, I could not say buy 20K of GLF say, but yet I could buy VBA, QAN, BHP, SDL, LYC as some sheer examples (and banks, whatever etc).

So at times depending on how many ordrers are there, they will not allow you to process certain orders at times. Its funny and it takes a little while to adjust to what is what. But usually you just look at your Account window and it will tell you how much either cash, margin, or Buying Power you have providing you buy those particular type of IB acceptable stocks.

(As you probably know, this is only so should one stock so much in value in a day, they can liquidate a position on another stock, which you can choose if you wish to your preferences).

I try not to trade too much with margin, or too much margin, but at times, the way some of these small caps trade (good and bad) I feel like throwing them away and trading only on a Day Basis, so I can use Leverage and Trade Liquid stocks that have a trend and direction force or motion in place whereby its also easy to see, and easy to get in and out providing one does not try to get too greedy that is. And in US stocks, get to know who is the MarketMaker (MM) or the Hammer as they say, for that stock, because if you dont, you will or could find out the hard way.

Back to GLF, Yeah I like a lot and have done for a long time really. And it seems all good things take time. The day traders come back every now and then and will play with it, but currently they are off other places but surely they will come back once the news eventually favours a upward move so you can count on that. Which is why I said any buying of options under 3c will be cheap and we "will" reflect back on this go Doh! I could have bought a swag of them....LOL

But then, I am not that greedy, just need some exposure, one parcel for long, one parcel for trading.

Was that you who just bought at 2.4c? :P

All gone quiet at Gulf, volume has dried up and an ascending triangle looks like it's forming well. I sold a chunk of my OB's at 4c and re-bought a lot lower so happy to hold and await some good news - probably the limestone.

Hi Denpal,

Yeah volume is down and the stock is quiet atm, so not too much to sweat about because short term, its neither here nor there and I am reluctant to trade on this nothingness type days.

Good job on the options, I sold out of them when the overall market started to tall and got out in 2 trades, one in mid 3c the other at 3c and then re-bought on the fall.

Also happy to buy low and let the news due to the talking.

trackers
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah thats one great thing about IB is that there sure is flexibility there. Although its not all fun and games there, because IB does not allow you to borrow any margin for small caps or stocks with no liquidity etc etc.

Meaning, for example with commsec say, I can march off and buy say $20K worth of xyz stock and sell it on the same day no matter what the stock is, I can still do that. But with IB, if I have say 20K and 10 of that is invested currently, and I have 10K to say trade with, I can trade up to 40K on a liquid Blue Chip or what is an IB acceptable stock but not any old Rag Dog stock. Meaning, I could not say buy 20K of GLF say, but yet I could buy VBA, QAN, BHP, SDL, LYC as some sheer examples (and banks, whatever etc).

So at times depending on how many ordrers are there, they will not allow you to process certain orders at times. Its funny and it takes a little while to adjust to what is what. But usually you just look at your Account window and it will tell you how much either cash, margin, or Buying Power you have providing you buy those particular type of IB acceptable stocks.

(As you probably know, this is only so should one stock so much in value in a day, they can liquidate a position on another stock, which you can choose if you wish to your preferences).

I try not to trade too much with margin, or too much margin, but at times, the way some of these small caps trade (good and bad) I feel like throwing them away and trading only on a Day Basis, so I can use Leverage and Trade Liquid stocks that have a trend and direction force or motion in place whereby its also easy to see, and easy to get in and out providing one does not try to get too greedy that is. And in US stocks, get to know who is the MarketMaker (MM) or the Hammer as they say, for that stock, because if you dont, you will or could find out the hard way.

Back to GLF, Yeah I like a lot and have done for a long time really. And it seems all good things take time. The day traders come back every now and then and will play with it, but currently they are off other places but surely they will come back once the news eventually favours a upward move so you can count on that. Which is why I said any buying of options under 3c will be cheap and we "will" reflect back on this go Doh! I could have bought a swag of them....LOL

But then, I am not that greedy, just need some exposure, one parcel for long, one parcel for trading.

Was that you who just bought at 2.4c? :P

Maybe it was :)

trackers
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Hi folks,

GLF ... should be firing on all cylinders in early April 2011 ...
... and our astroanalysis shows the market spotlight should
be firmly focused on GLF, particularly around 06-07042011 ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Looks like its almost business time?? :D

drillfix
01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe it was :)

Well, if it was you, you left some accidental 15K worth 300 bucks left on the table. tisk tisk, Didn't your mum ever teach you how to clean up :P

drillfix
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
It seems like the price of this stock is playing Skipping with the Hourly making it jump over to one side of the line, then back down to the other, over, under over and under and so forth.

Lets see if next week can spark it up a bit.

drillfix
01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Trackers, does your current broker charge you $60 a trade?

If so then I thought I would clean up those 15K @ 2.4c options that you left over :P LOL

trackers
01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Rofl Drilly yes they do charge me that, thanks for cleaning those up! those 15k did look a bit lonely lol!!

drillfix
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Rofl Drilly yes they do charge me that, thanks for cleaning those up! those 15k did look a bit lonely lol!!

Haaaa~! I knew it :P No wonder you are pretty keen on opening up an IB account.

No joke, its will be good for ya mate, plus you can split your accounts to make one a holding / longer term account and one a trading acc.

With regards to the 15K op's yeah, couldn't let them sit there by themselves over the weekend now could we. Plus it give the next guy some incentive to view the 2.9c ones whilst wondering about the half a cent gap :

Good stuff mate and a not too bad of entry I reckon.

Cheers~!

drillfix
15-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Interesting,

Gulf will increase mining lease planned exploration and drilling programme, which also will include Phosphate at an old Phosphate mine and extended vermiculite and phosphate showings identified during Gulfs on-going exploration activities.

Chairman Sir Sam Jonah added that in addition to the vermiculite mine expansion, he is excited about the potential for vermiculite, copper, phosphate and other related minerals.

Way ta go there Sir Sam, now bring home the bacon on some of the other updates and lets get on with another leg up, :P

drillfix
18-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Forgot to mention this Quarter is part of the plans to expand this exploration programme which should prove to be more than interesting, IMO.

Here is a chart for Gulf.

GLF daily and weekly >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qu80926c7bt8yi402xp.png

MACD histogram appears to be getting ready to turn positive as well as signal line moving to zero line also for potential crossover.
W%R has been moving upward and still not overbought
RSI above 50 and moving upward.
OBV still quite strong with no letup and holding course but moving sideways and not downward.

Weekly shows a recent higher high and lower low, although weekly MACD histogram diverging down to the zero line.
Weekly RSI is over 60 which is good but needs to move higher for any convincing move upwards.
Weekly OBV is just above the lowest level it has been for quite some time. Only way is up it seems, yet this is in opposition to the daily. This is Odd.

Time will tell, and there was a surge on close on Friday to close @ 6.2c
The options were smashed down to a depressing level of 1.8c so sheezus they seem to become so volitile even when the FPO shares have little if any movement.

Nearly got stopped out on those but I just missed out on buying some too, however I believe we will see a move upward with the upcoming AGM developments from Africa.

Looking forward to some more of the day-traders coming back for a week or so as you can see how the Hit and Run game is played with those guys, the stock gets all electric and then goes quiet, then other stocks get electric and then they go all quiet etc etc and so on.

Well, at least GLF have held their ground no too badly and I would say with any future developments being issued we could see this thrust upward.

Cheers~!

trackers
18-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey Drilly, yup nice pop on Friday. These guys are no mugs, acquiring a phosphate mine with "extended phosphate workings" and "highly prospective for vermiculite, copper, phosphate and other minerals" as part of their lease expansions is a master stroke.

drillfix
18-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey Drilly, yup nice pop on Friday. These guys are no mugs, acquiring a phosphate mine with "extended phosphate workings" and "highly prospective for vermiculite, copper, phosphate and other minerals" as part of their lease expansions is a master stroke.

Master Stroke indeed there Trackers.

And where the SP is now, I get the feeling the Ramper type HC traders of this stock will talk it down so they can accumulate the stock only so they can talk it back up, while NOW is the time to get set in the stock while no Phosphate is priced in whatsoever.

I may even be temped to cut down the trading and just go long on this one for this Quarter as this is when much will be happening with regards to exploration, which thus will bring results.

trackers
18-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I see Aksier's pimping it on HC, and also a new buyer has emerged at 2c for 1mil shares. interesting.

Wonder what the AGM will bring (if anything)

drillfix
18-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Haaaa, Yeah, but there is quite a bit of merit in what is going on behind the scene's as in the demand for vemiculite

Also taken from a poster on HC:

Demand for vemiculite soaring

http://www.indmin.com/Article/2807794/Channel/19523/Palabora-feels-squeeze-from-diminishing-vermiculite-resource.html

I think that is a subscription site but point still remains.

I see there is a bit of a rush on today so hopefully back to new highs as dont know how long this will continue to rest under 10c as the quarter moves forward.

drillfix
18-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Wonder what the AGM will bring (if anything)

Trackers atm, I am more interested in what the Parabolic SAR will bring once a few folks notice that a new upswing has started, even although the current sp does not seem to show this, but in the next couple of days it will, or should.

Hope the AGM brings out some more news or even a BRR presentation would be nice to hear from the co.

I also notice some large parcels of options are wanted or seem to be back in demand in the low 2c zone. Some news will kick things off I reckon, but gradual volume increases will also be increases will also be good to see as well.

drillfix
19-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, pretty much a medi-oker type day today for Gulf.

I guess with the overall market being down though, that not much is in flavour in too much leaps and bounds.

AGM and Presentation looked quite good. >>> http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01172561

Just in case its me though, can an anybody tell me is there something bad that I am missing on this one?

trackers
19-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Great summary.. Nothing too much in there we didn't know already. Vermiculite prices up 55% in the last year with global demand exceeding supply now, and going forward....

Mine permit granted for extended leases which include ground highly prospective for further Vermiculite/Copper/Phosphate/Iron/REE.

Drilling of the above (extending RIO's drilling) underway in May. Keen to see them lay down on those >0.4% copper showings

Plant expansion June?

Just a waiting game. Trying hard not to trade this one as it seems a clear multi-bagger from here, but timeframe unknown.

I also see on HC that some UK firm (http://www.oceanequities.co.uk/Home.aspx) has commenced brokerage coverage on GLF

drillfix
19-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Great summary.. Nothing too much in there we didn't know already. Vermiculite prices up 55% in the last year with global demand exceeding supply now, and going forward....

Mine permit granted for extended leases which include ground highly prospective for further Vermiculite/Copper/Phosphate/Iron/REE.

Drilling of the above (extending RIO's drilling) underway in May. Keen to see them lay down on those >0.4% copper showings

Plant expansion June?

Just a waiting game. Trying hard not to trade this one as it seems a clear multi-bagger from here, but timeframe unknown.

I also see on HC that some UK firm (http://www.oceanequities.co.uk/Home.aspx) has commenced brokerage coverage on GLF

Yeah trackers and quite right you are, lots of good stuff there.

I know what you mean regarding trading this one. Very tough but that is why we have different accounts I guess, one short term acc the other long term acc.

I still have parcel of GLFOB from over a year ago in my long term acc which I picked up at 0.008 which are still riding along. Yet I do stock up on weakness and buy options low as I can and trade some upwards, plus I have a small stash which I am also happy to hold whilst the information of what is happening comes out.

Also yep, I did read the review from the UK firm you mentioned.

I have full faith in this co, and will buy on any weakness, but will also gauge the global climate as well.

But in the meantime, what can you say when all we can see with Gulf is:

1. Vermiculite prices increasing in demand and price
2. Production from Q1 2011 from 1,125t Forecast to be over DOUBLE at 2,500t from July 2011
3. Expanded exploration, minerals and Site production
4. Excellent sound management now in place
5. A company in good standing with community.
6. Who reads the ann will see the list just keeps going on and on

Can sleep very well with this stock, and everything seems to be moving forward according to plan.

drillfix
20-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Anybody out there with a premium news service???

GLF been sitting pre-open for quite some time now, can anybody see what the ann is about? cap raising or something else??

Entrep
20-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Cap raising

drillfix
20-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Entrep,

Yeah, I finally noticed that, sure did take a while did it not. You would have thought the Queen was going to announce the cap raising or something by the amount of time it took.

Anybody care to speculate at what price? I will put a 10% discount to the average price and say it will come at 5.5c approx if not then 5.3c

Seems like a long time to wait for such info till after Easter but could come anytime.

trackers
26-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Should be an interesting time for Gulf, with recent attention + cap raising details to be announced (don't really care what happens there so long as its enough for them to ramp up production good and proper). In the media:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/long-haul-for-alkane-to-pay-off/story-e6frg9ex-1226044204005

Vermiculite popular

VERMICULITE has scores of applications, from high temperature insulation to wallboard to egg incubation to soil additive and hydroponics growing base. Demand is soaring.
The main producer is the Rio Tinto (RIO) subsidiary Palabora in South Africa, but according to London-based Ocean Equities, this operation is struggling to replenish its resource to support a longer mine life.
Analysts do see a possible new Palabora -- the Namekara mine in Uganda, once owned by Rio but sold to Gulf Industrials (GLF) during the global crisis, when the global major was cashing out what it could. Gulf certainly has a way to go, as its shares last traded at 6.6c, and its market cap is $28m. Gulf also has limestone and phosphate in Kenya and Madagascar, but it is the vermiculite that excites interest at Ocean Equities, with coarse grained product becoming increasingly scarce as customer demand has reached unprecedented levels.
In fact, analysts liken vermiculite to copper in that the world's high-grade deposits are dwindling while demand grows.
The mine produces 30,000 tonnes a year but Gulf plans to lift that to 130,000 tonnes.

drillfix
27-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks Trackers and a good link there with a nice little article as you also have shown.

Seems to be many companies doing a cap raising atm so nothing new going on here except that it is a big leap for GLF to be jumping from 30K Tonnes to 130K tonnes.

Plus I really cant wait to see what they also have in that old phosphate mine they have, as I find that just as exciting as this will also attract other investors whom seek companies with that type of exposure, however back to the Vermiculite, this is extremely exciting and nicely timed by Gulf who after the raising will cash in at a nicely timed both mining and production with such high prices. What an environment :)

lewinsky
27-04-2011, 11:28 AM
The capital raising is 64 mill shares at 0.045 which is a nice discount to the heads.

But it looks as though it is a placement and unsophisticated shareholders like me miss out.

How do they know I am unsophisticated.

I can understand that they don't want to go through the expense of a share placement, but it really annoys me that they give their sophisticated mates a bonus and ordinary shareholders miss out.

Check what affect it had on the Galaxy share price when they did this.

Unimpressed Lew.

trackers
27-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Massive discount. pretty unimpressed also

drillfix
27-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey Lew, worry not as it seems to be the way the game is played with Britts and their African Brit Soph investors.

Bit of a sell off but short term pain for long term gain and I am Not Very Happy about the price as it is completely obvious the buddy buddy transaction.

Perhaps one should email the company voicing such comments of the transaction? But then if they need money fast without delay then this will be understandable, which means we are all betting on that this money will be ramping up production to give and show us the money, and that is all the really matters for shareholders, except it would have been nice to see this recent issue at least another 1c higher than it was.

I had an order in the options taken out at 1.9c which I really dont mind as for a while there, I never thought I would get them again under 2c :P

In the mean time, enjoy the volatility as some may see this as a buying opportunity.

drillfix
27-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Massive discount. pretty unimpressed also

Agree trackers, very disappointing to see this placement at this level (4.5c) as my chin nearly dropped, yet as I have said to Lew, this is one knife (IMO) worth catching.

drillfix
27-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Well guys, that wasn't too bad now was it? To be honest I thought it was going to be worst but there surely seems to be a few people in the market who understand what is going to unfold no too far up the road in the near distant future.

Meaning, any attempt at a sell off by certain sellers means they certainly will pay for it later by losing their potential built up of position and need to pay a premium to get it back (if they wanted it back).

Feel fortunate now to have bagged those options at the near open at 1.9c as the previous trading day someone paid 2.6 and then after they are gone its back to test the 3c on the options (again) with each day passing being time on our side.

I take this as a good sign and omen for what lay ahead and could, should and will unfold. (as in how the stock held up today).

Good things still coming :)

percy
27-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Well guys, that wasn't too bad now was it? To be honest I thought it was going to be worst but there surely seems to be a few people in the market who understand what is going to unfold no too far up the road in the near distant future.

Meaning, any attempt at a sell off by certain sellers means they certainly will pay for it later by losing their potential built up of position and need to pay a premium to get it back (if they wanted it back).

Feel fortunate now to have bagged those options at the near open at 1.9c as the previous trading day someone paid 2.6 and then after they are gone its back to test the 3c on the options (again) with each day passing being time on our side.

I take this as a good sign and omen for what lay ahead and could, should and will unfold. (as in how the stock held up today).

Good things still coming :)

Glad you got those ones at 1.9.

drillfix
27-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Glad you got those ones at 1.9.

Ahh percy, was that you that sold me those 1.9c oppies? :)

Tell ya what, will sell you some back at 2.5 next week....LOL

percy
27-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Ahh percy, was that you that sold me those 1.9c oppies? :)

Tell ya what, will sell you some back at 2.5 next week....LOL

No,I paid 2cents for mine on 7/2/11. I am happy to just sit,and see what happens.Nice long time until they expire on 31/3/13.When I saw some go through this afternoon at 2.2cents I thought it may have been you taking a quick profit.!!!!

drillfix
27-04-2011, 09:33 PM
No worries Percse & good to see you holding the line without getting caught up in any short lived panic.

I dont plan to sell mine anywhere near 2.2 whilst they ramp up production as that would be like giving money away.

Its a tough job holding on to some stocks for long periods of time in a short term trading account, but I am fine holding Gulf or Gulf options knowing full well what is about to unfold.

Any other closet GLF holders out there who care to sound off?

denpal
30-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I've now reduced my OB's (don't hold any heads), as was a bit overweight in them. Just a little concerned about the vermiculite margin as the reporting is far below the detail I want to see. The counter to that is that they would say the plant is still in low-production commissioning mode, which is likely money-losing mode. So they wouldn't want to be showing those sort of negative margins. Long-term I still like the story, but they need to put some definitive runs on the board sometime soonish, like definite news on the limestone, achieved ramping up of vermiculite production with accurate opex projections and perhaps some more detail on the carbonatite multi-metal exploration potential adjacent to the vermiculite.

drillfix
11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Long-term I still like the story, but they need to put some definitive runs on the board sometime soonish, like definite news on the limestone, achieved ramping up of vermiculite production with accurate opex projections and perhaps some more detail on the carbonatite multi-metal exploration potential adjacent to the vermiculite.

Good post Denpal, and yes I agree with your sentiment here.

I sure hope the company does not take the Cloak and Dagger mystery approach with their reporting method and state clearly, what and how it intends on doing things with what funds that are there in the short term although I think they have already stated that they were going to prove up a larger resource along with added exploration for other minerals as previously reported.

Expose to the stock is great, over weighted is not so nice (unless it with rallies) so good move on keeping the balance there and reading between the lines, as it helps us all keep in check.

Has been good to see a strong Insto come on board and it appears or comes across as positive, as they are no doubt in it for the long haul.

Would like to get another trading parcel of GLF or GLFOB but there is very little movement of late. Some news would be nice to kick things off again :)

drillfix
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey denpal, forgot to mention though that GLF I think could technically do a little bit of a dash as the Daily is starting the line up confirming the 60 minute chart.

May at least be worth a trade as well as a core holding IMO.

Hmm somebody just took a nice chomp out of 5.5, anybody here from ST? Good on ya if it was :)

drillfix
11-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Here is a daily chart for Gulf with EOD data showing todays slight rise:

GLF Daily >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kv2t5gqt4zqg74wj5lc_Gulf.png

MACD histogram divergence about to touch the zero line with the MACD signal lines about to cross, supported by the Williams %R heading upward from the oversold -80 position confirming the breakout.

RSI also heading upward and OBV slightly moving upward too.

Gulf just closed short of touching of the Bollinger Bands mid line which happens to also be where the 30ema is located.

Any breakthrough of the 30 would indicate at short term break upwards to the top Bollinger Band located at 6.5c

There seems to be previous resistance being pulled approximately sometime in the afternoon whereby a million seller at 5.6 ran away whilst the million seller at 5.5c got half taken out leaving the other half to be dumped downward near the close.

I have one holding for long term in Gulf and added to another trading parcel based on the chart above.

Good luck to other holders and short term it will be good to see another small rally come alive to give the stock a boost :)

drillfix
12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice bites today, just when you think this Red day would/could/or should have got in the way , nope it seems there is some demand there with 5.5c got eaten away in a couple of bites.

Option demand is also picking up it seems.

News on the way one would think? or is this a technical breakout? I'm not much of a fundamentals man so I will run with the potential of a technical breakout.

Will be interesting to see how the day closes which could be key to next week. :)

trackers
30-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Heads looking good on high volume drilly

drillfix
30-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah Trackers, plenty of both movement and volume today.

Wonder whats up, or is it that time of the month GLF turns to liquid for a couple of days.

The co must be due to release an update at some stage soon though, regarding developments towards it projects or exploration.

I like the more consistent gradual rises, but now that we have jumped on the right side of the 13ema its good to see a volume spike and the other indicators also lining up for yet another potential leg upwards.

drillfix
15-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Heads looking good on high volume drilly

Hey Trackers,

Is it just me, that everything seems quiet on all fronts with the Co, and on Forums and yet there appears to be this build up creeping in slowly but surely as if the market is anticipating news of some sort be presented at nearly any day, or moment in the very near future?

Either the above or somebody has spiked my morning cuppa, lol :)

Any others out there still holding?

percy
15-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey Trackers,

Is it just me, that everything seems quiet on all fronts with the Co, and on Forums and yet there appears to be this build up creeping in slowly but surely as if the market is anticipating news of some sort be presented at nearly any day, or moment in the very near future?

Either the above or somebody has spiked my morning cuppa, lol :)

Any others out there still holding?
You are not alone,we are all enjoying spiked tea.
And ,yes also still holding GLFOBs.

drillfix
15-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Percy, thanks for sounding off as its good to know that I am not the only one who is spiked :)

One day this is stock is gonna completely break upward and re-rate to much higher levels. Would be good to see some great news to drive this as such which will also give management a boost in credibility and faith amongst its long term shareholders as well.

drillfix
20-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Anybody watching the move today.

Something is up here people, and whatever it is, its going to happen soon by the looks of things.

drillfix
20-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Is that you Percy and Trackers trying to buy up the heads at millions at a time? :)

Hourly chart has broken out, and if the stock can break past 7c then the previous high of 8.9c or 9c will be tested again imo.

drillfix
20-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Ahh none of you dudes are following today.

Seems there is an options notice update for those holding GLFO to exercise at 20c by June 30/2011 or forever hold you peace.

And now there is a Market Sensitive speeding ticket. I wonder whats up here?

ANSWER = We know nothing, NO, NO, N/A, We comply.

Daaahhh, C'mon Gulf, how about an update to some you beaut upgrades or events that will unfold.

drillfix
20-06-2011, 06:01 PM
After all that, turns out its only just been a P&D instead~!

yabster
14-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi Drill

you still holding GLF - Buy depth looking thin. Maybe CR scaring punters off? News on that today.

drillfix
14-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Yab,

Yep, still holding the OB's in a long term account, but in my Day Acc, I have scaled down to a smaller position to avoid any hits when or if any volatility in the stock present itself.

Still have faith in this stock however I would have expected a bit more news than there has been. Some info on what exactly the cash raising is for & what it will do for the Co would have been good to see or promoted.

How about you, are you still in there?

yabster
14-07-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah still holding the OB's but wavering... will see if we get a bit more info today.

trackers
14-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I luckily got rid of my oppies in the last pump...

I fail to see how mgmt didn't know about any of the things these guys are raising money for 3 months ago when they did their last CR.... Poor effort.

denpal
07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
This company has crashed and burned, after such a promising period from Jan to March this year. Imperative to have a stoploss! I did well out of the OB's and thanking my lucky stars I got out at a high price for them when the writing appeared on the wall. Bad management and cheap placements for the boys have killed this one for now it seems.

drillfix
08-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Hi Denpal,

Can only agree with both you and trackers on this one.

What seemed to start to appear promising turned into a Melon like some type of magic trick with little effort.

Off with the heads of management I say as the whole company and its ways, actions and communication stinks.'

Fortunately, I traded the shares and made a little out of it from time to time, did not too bad on the options with a few trades also, but stupid me kept a novelty small parcel that I ended up dumping at 0.004c Fortunately previously though I also bought 20K of them at 0.001c which was the low so my loss on that smaller parcel was quite minimal after selling the majority of my OB's at 2c and above and as the decline started.

Hope any others out there who jumped on this stock also had a stop in place.

percy
08-12-2011, 06:31 AM
As is often the case,you could say that I have again followed the drill bit down the hole.!!!!!!

drillfix
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
As is often the case,you could say that I have again followed the drill bit down the hole.!!!!!!

Oh no, please tell me you are kidding Percy.

I hope you unloaded some at least or had a stop in place (even if its a mental stop).

Well, so sorry there percy, though I am not one to follow around because I am in all sorts of trades and many I dont even post about because some trades may only last 2 Hours or 5 minutes or even 30 seconds, so I dont babble about all the trades I do.

Anyway, a part from that I hope other stocks are treating you well at least~!

percy
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh no, please tell me you are kidding Percy.

I hope you unloaded some at least or had a stop in place (even if its a mental stop).

Well, so sorry there percy, though I am not one to follow around because I am in all sorts of trades and many I dont even post about because some trades may only last 2 Hours or 5 minutes or even 30 seconds, so I dont babble about all the trades I do.

Anyway, a part from that I hope other stocks are treating you well at least~!

no still there.!!! Not doing any good in Aussie this year,while NZ has been good with my boring divie paying stocks.
In Aussie "I am well positioned for the upturn." !!!!!
Trust you are still enjoying your Thais,and have been enjoying trying to make a profit in this difficult market.

drillfix
08-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Well, if your there (with the options OB's ??) I would say hang in there Percy as they live to 2013 at least.

Had maybe 1 thai session since and trading is a split personality type thing having 2 accounts. (short and long).

Making mistakes is part of the game to fine tune as you move forward and any failure to fine tune and remember will continue to cost dearly.

More trades but smaller positions in these volatile type markets, there is no guarantee which is fine but playing hit and run can be tiresome, not very profitable although slightly and overall trading these markets is an excellent learning experience and I have based my instinct only on survival of these markets. Because if you can hold onto what you got or have, then if, when and should the markets ever turn (one day, month or year) then it is so so very easy to trade and is like walking into a candy shop and picking lollies.

Hence doing the hard yards in this type of financial coliseum and surviving will (mark my words) offer a payday beyond expectations later on, providing that you Learn, Adjust and Survive these current markets.

//end soap box speech

percy
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes 80,000 GLFOBs so as you point out they convert/expire 31/3/2013.
Like you I enjoy the market,however just when I think I am clever, it gives me a good kick in the backside.
Always learning,always "well positioned". lol

skeet
24-09-2012, 04:24 PM
What a duck this stock has become...
A producing Mine, $1million in Cash (this Quarter its expenses are double this) and no one too buy vermiculite...
Buyers @ .001, can a stock go lower.... maybe the most riskiest gamble on the ASX!

soulman
24-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Can't go into negative skeet. That's why stock market can work for those who are patient. Stock can only lose 100% but you can make 1000%.

skeet
25-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Can't go into negative skeet. That's why stock market can work for those who are patient. Stock can only lose 100% but you can make 1000%.

Im very well aware a stock cant go into negative, I was implying that even at .001 this stock is probably over priced

percy
25-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Can't make anything if you have lost 100% of your dough.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.