PDA

View Full Version : CHCH. National Convention success... next meeting 22nd November

Pages : 1 [2]

bermuda
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you didn't move into one of my rentals AJ - sounds like you're nothing but trouble!
Just kidding cobber, and it will be great to see you at Bermuda's place.

I was speaking with Shrewd yesterday, and he says he's not joking about bringing a keg, so we'll need a few young fellas to make a dent in it.

What have you let yourself in for Bermuda!

Not a problem. If numbers get too big we can erect a marqee on the lawn. lol. I said to Mrs B that we would probably get between 10 and 15. But hey, all are welcome. It's going into town after the game with you guys that has got me worried.

Lion
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I plan to be there too Bermuda, looking forward to it, better book that marquee, I think mate!

A J
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
A man of your caliber Serpie you wouldn't have got yourself into a situation like our landlords. heh.

Cheers
Aaron

trackers
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes this looks okay. We can stay on at my place and finish the oysters and keg and watch the game on my new big screen. No problem. Should be fun.

I was going to go to the game but I think we could have a good time watching it at home
together. And then the younger ones can hit the town! ( with me of course!! )

So let's go for May 17th 4.00pm at 99 Puriri Street Riccarton Christchurch.

Might have to invite myself to this! Have missed all but the first gathering at the stock exchange (I do remember Serpie, Shrewd, Bermuda and Oiler though.) Also near my old haunts (Boys high, Cant. uni)

Serpie
08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
It'll be good to see you again Trackers. NO streaking in the quad later on though!

skeet
08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Seeing as A J is my Flatmate! I'll probably tag along! :)

Crypto Crude
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
awesome skeet...see you then...
your job is to make sure that AJ turns up this time..
:cool:
.^sc

FarmerGeorge
10-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi guys, I will be flying into Chch on the 16th, so might try to make it along if that's ok, and jet lag doesn't kill me.

Serpie
10-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome Farmer George!

Nice to see you've pinpointed the ChCh meeting as the hub of the nations traders.

Drinking beer and watching rugby is the recommended antidote for jet lag according to
latest medical research, so you should come along, if only for your health.

FarmerGeorge
10-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Cheers Serpie, your concern for my health is heartwarming. I'm headed down to Dunedin the following weekend so will be nice to have some bragging rights over the lads once we win.

Financially dependant
14-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I am keen to get along to hear the latest news from the 'Hub of the nations traders' and I might bring my Highlanders scarf along to stir the evening up a bit:D

Crypto Crude
14-04-2008, 02:13 PM
FD,
I caution you for bringing a scarf... If your team wins it maybe used as a choke chain..:D... jokes...

May 17th 4.00pm at 99 Puriri Street Riccarton Christchurch... National Convention

May 17th 7:35pm Highlanders Vs Crusaders...

Two of the cities biggest events on the same night...
.^sc

kiwiwim
15-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry, Bermuda I will not be able to come to this National Convention which is so generously hosted by you.
My wife and I will be in Venice on that day and Europe for a further few months -
Hope to meet you all again later in the year when spring is here and the markets have bottomed!

Sumnerned
20-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Sorry guys, I'll be on Rapanui. have a great time. Hope to catch up with you at next Nat Con. Go The Crusaders.

Crypto Crude
20-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Kiwiwim, sumnerned,
have save holidays/trips...

The NC has vast resources... 20 minimum is still on the cards......
.^sc

rotweiller
22-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Just down from my stint at the Richmond Fire Lookout and due to the rain we have had in Nelson, I am told the Lookout will close early May so lookout Chch, hope to see you all on 17th at this stage.
Cheers

Serpie
22-04-2008, 10:15 PM
That's excellent Rotweiller,

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Serpie
23-04-2008, 08:28 PM
A quick skim of the thread throws up the following list so far:
Oiler
Mattyroo
Bermuda
Shrewd Dude
Serpie
AJ
Skeet
Trackers
Lion
Rotweiller
Financially Dependent
Farmer George

We can always count on Noodle, The Plunger, Airedale and Jim.

Still to confirm from the ChCh contingent:
GoFish
Clips
GarryB
TroyVDH
Kiwibear
Kerry
RifRaf
Upside Umop
WW
McCollr
Xpress
PortHills
Sideshow Bob

I make that 12 confirmed (including Matty if travel plans allow) 16 probable, and 29 possible.

Since we are holding this at Bermuda's house it would be good form to confirm attendance in advance if possible to make sure that Super B has enough toothpicks and napkins to go around.

bermuda
23-04-2008, 08:40 PM
A quick skim of the thread throws up the following list so far:
Oiler
Mattyroo
Bermuda
Shrewd Dude
Serpie
AJ
Skeet
Trackers
Lion
Rotweiller
Financially Dependent
Farmer George

We can always count on Noodle, The Plunger, Airedale and Jim.

Still to confirm from the ChCh contingent:
GoFish
Clips
GarryB
TroyVDH
Kiwibear
Kerry
RifRaf
Upside Umop
WW
McCollr
Xpress
PortHills
Sideshow Bob

I make that 12 confirmed (including Matty if travel plans allow) 16 probable, and 29 possible.

Since we are holding this at Bermuda's house it would be good form to confirm attendance in advance if possible to make sure that Super B has enough toothpicks and napkins to go around.

I have just done a trade. And you know I dont trade. But what about this. I traded 2 Highlanders tickets (on our evening on the 17th ) for two xtra Blues tickets this Friday with the gaurantee that Ali Williams comes up to our box after the game.Not a bad trade eh?

Go Crusaders and the Spider man.

This Friday is going to be a big nite. Almost as big as our National Convention.

Serpie/Shrewdy, I will be back in NZ on the 15th so we can make sure we have it all organised. Looking forward to the Keg and the oysters.

Airedale/ Oiler. I am hoping you can stay the night. ( We will go into town first of course! )

rotweiller
23-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks Serpie for your comment and all going well will catch up with all you interesting forum types and so will declare myself:-
Holding NZX:- CEN,GPG,IFT,IFTWC,NZO,NZOOD,PGC,PPP,PRC,RNS.
ASX:-ANZ,AUW,CGF,ECU,ISS,ITE,LMP,MGX,QGC,RRT,VRE(Oh Dear).

Cheers

upside_umop
23-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Count me in Serpie.
Keg(s)? - thats my style for a great evening.

airedale
23-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Bermuda, should be there.Sounds very convivial.:)

Gofish.
24-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I should also be a starter. Thanks Bermuda.

Rgds
Gofish

The Plunger
24-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Count me in also Serpie/Bermuda.

Have some more interesting reading to bring to the meeting too, including some stuff that is relevant to GGX/Kate . Go GGX !!!

Serpie
24-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks fellas. Looks like the title of "National Convention" will be retained in a landslide victory.

Confirmed:

Oiler
Mattyroo
Bermuda
Shrewd Dude
Serpie
AJ
Skeet
Trackers
Lion
Rotweiller
Financially Dependent
Farmer George
The Plunger
Airedale
Jim
GoFish
Upside Umop

Still to hear from:
Noodle
Clips
GarryB
TroyVDH
Kiwibear
Kerry
RifRaf
WW
McCollr
Xpress
PortHills
Sideshow Bob

slam
24-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Would love to join you for one of these, but giging that night:(
Maybe next one if it's an open invite
Cheers
Slam

Serpie
24-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Always welcome Slam.
Maybe we could entice Strat down if he knows there's going to be another muso at the next one.

STRAT
28-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Always welcome Slam.
Maybe we could entice Strat down if he knows there's going to be another muso at the next one.Im keen Serpie, I will make it down there sooner of later.

Mysterybox
28-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Put me down on the confirmed list :) thx

trackers
28-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Just a reminder for those who don't want to troll back through the thread:

May 17th 4.00pm

Serpie
28-04-2008, 11:08 AM
It'll be good to see you there Mysterybox.

Mysterybox
29-04-2008, 05:26 PM
thanks =) appreciated mate

JackSprat
30-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi all, been a little quiet lately holding my breath waiting for the trend to bend and I think it properly is about to. I mean look at ADY today. Working on getting off to attend Bermuda's do on the 17th if that's ok. Also working on the decision to take a gamble on GGX...........:D

Serpie
30-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Jack!
Apologies for your exclusion from the previous list. Clerical error.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

And it would also be good to have a few new faces along, so please sing out if you're keen to come along.

19 confirmed so far. I'm looking forward to crying on a few shoulders after getting drilled on the markets today!

Rif-Raf
30-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks to Bermuda for the warm invite. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it due family special occassions clashing over the weekend, however will love to come if I get the opportunity. To share in a keg and oysters a stones throw from UoC is not something to be missed. Sure to give me a few flashbacks from my old student days...

Oiler
30-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Jack!
Apologies for your exclusion from the previous list. Clerical error.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

And it would also be good to have a few new faces along, so please sing out if you're keen to come along.

19 confirmed so far. I'm looking forward to crying on a few shoulders after getting drilled on the markets today!

Amigo Serpie

If we get 19 people to Christchurch meeting then I would be the first to concede that CHC gets the National Convention Title.

As always, I look forward to the next meeting.

How come Auckland cant beat the Red and Black......... :confused:

Oiler

A J
30-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Ahh good Oiler!! You are comming, good good... :)

JackSprat
30-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks Serpie, np, looking forward to it.

Serpie
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Good to see Pedro flying the red and black flag over on the ASX comp thread.

We need you on this thread too Pedro, and with a 34% return over the last month you could just about be a guest speaker!

rotweiller
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Serpie or Shrewdie.
What are the nearest Motels to Puriri St so that I can ambulate safely home probably with the aid of Airdales walking stick after the Convention.
Shrewdie if you are bringing some oysters I will bring down the last of my Scallops.
Just had 5 days fishing in the Sounds but you are not getting any of the 5lb Crayfish.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
Rotweiller

Crypto Crude
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey rotweiller,
Just round the corner from B's on Riccarton road there are probably 20 Motels...
My favourite and most highly recommended motel is Called 'Roma' on Riccarton Road... there are a few much closer...
Probably about 20 motels on that road...
Give me a PM, I'm driving past tomorrow and I'll have alook, if you want me to find you one...
.^sc

rotweiller
09-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks Shrewdie.
I am aware of many Motels on Riccarton Road but if you can give me a couple that a close to P would be much obliged and await your recommendation.
Cheers

Serpie
09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Gidday Rotty,

Try http://www.riccartonmallmotel.co.nz/accommodation.html

There's 2 motels there, and they are just off the corner of Puriri St and Riccarton Rd. Only a few minutes walk from Super B's, and straight across from Riccarton Mall.

Both motels are about 5 years old, and are quite good.

Are you driving down or flying? Let me know if you're flying and I'll pick you up.

Sideshow Bob
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
All quiet this morning - big night for the boys (and girls)??

Promise I will make it up for a meeting one day.......

airedale
11-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Serpie or Shrewdie.
What are the nearest Motels to Puriri St so that I can ambulate safely home probably with the aid of Airdales walking stick after the Convention.
Shrewdie if you are bringing some oysters I will bring down the last of my Scallops.
Just had 5 days fishing in the Sounds but you are not getting any of the 5lb Crayfish.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
Rotweiller

An Airedale and a Rotweiller arguing about who is to carry the white cane?:D:D

trackers
12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Just a reminder for those who don't want to troll back through the thread:

May 17th 4.00pm

Bump.. This Sat, should be good.... Is Bermuda giving a powerpoint presentation on CSG first? Would be good! :)

Serpie
12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Shrewdy's going to be handing out $500 notes to all of the successful yard glass participants! Very generous of you SC.

airedale
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Shrewdy's going to be handing out $500 notes to all of the successful yard glass participants! Very generous of you SC.

50 litre kegs, $500 notes.....he has a heart of gold that lad.....or maybe even a heart of oil, which is better than gold at the moment...:D:D

rotweiller
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Serpie and Shrewdie for your assist.
Booked into your suggestion Serpie for Friday and Sat.
Thks for offer of a lift from Airport but driving down Friday.
You cant argue with a Rotti Airedale so just leave the stick in the hallway with my name on it - OK
Really looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers
Rotweiller

Crypto Crude
12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I stand by my proposition...
Its about time someone catches me out...
.^sc

FarmerGeorge
13-05-2008, 08:21 PM
It turns out I have to be in Dunedin earlier than I'd anticipated so will miss this event. I'm very disappointed as I was looking forward to it. Will definitely make it to the next one.

bermuda
15-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Well I just got back from Surfers playing golf and everything is in order. It might appear shambolic but we should have some fun.

A big thankyou to all you guys/gals that are coming.

Just loved that comment about Roma, Shrewdy!

Origin and QGC still going higher. PES has gone crazy since I have been away.
Load up on Roma RPM but do your own research.

ps I did not look at a computer screen for a whole week. What a holiday.

See you Saturday.
Cheers Bermuda

Rotweiller, Majestic Court on Riccarton should be OK.

Serpie
16-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Good morning all National Convention attendees.

1 more sleep until the Convention.

With around 20 optimistic and upbeat traders about to descend on Bermuda's place it is time to sort out a few details. Shrewdy is kindly donating a keg of Mangatainoka's best, but we should all obviously bring something along to drink and nibble on, especially if we're going to overstay our welcome and watch the mighty Crusaders.

So whether it's a bottle of Verve and a packet of pork scratchings, or lemonade and a roast chicken, please don't come empty handed.

Special exceptions made for our out of town guests of course, although perhaps Rotty could bring some of those little sachets of coffee and sugar and a packet of mixed nuts from the motel?

trackers
16-05-2008, 09:13 AM

With around 20 optimistic and upbeat traders about to descend on Bermuda's place it is time to sort out a few details. Shrewdy is kindly donating a keg of Mangatainoka's best, but we should all obviously bring something along to drink and nibble on, especially if we're going to overstay our welcome and watch the mighty Crusaders.

So whether it's a bottle of Verve and a packet of pork scratchings, or lemonade and a roast chicken, please don't come empty handed.

Special exceptions made for our out of town guests of course, although perhaps Rotty could bring some of those little sachets of coffee and sugar and a packet of mixed nuts from the motel?

What time is lift-off?

bermuda
16-05-2008, 09:58 AM
What time is lift-off?

4pm 99 Puriri Street.
Bring some grog if you want to but dont worry about any food. I will get the bbq going and do a few steaks, sausages and prawns.

Bring some WARM clothes as part of the party ( the barbie ) will be outside.

( If you want to try the yard glass, please direct any blow back over the lawn and not onto the covered porch.) As I said to Mrs B "there wont be any problems...these guys are seriously intelligent"

Relax and have a good time talking to however you want.
See you soon.

Serpie
16-05-2008, 11:11 AM
4pm 99 Puriri Street."there wont be any problems...these guys are seriously intelligent"

So are the engineering students at Canterbury Uni - and have you seen them in full swing!

We will all be very well behaved Super B, and we appreciate you hosting us. Best one yet.

bermuda
16-05-2008, 12:00 PM
So are the engineering students at Canterbury Uni - and have you seen them in full swing!

We will all be very well behaved Super B, and we appreciate you hosting us. Best one yet.

Serpie,

As you know my father, a Rhodes Scholar , was a professor of Civil Engineering at Canterbury University and was Dean of the faculty.

So yes, I have seen them in full swing!!!

ronthepom
16-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Serpie,

As you know my father, a Rhodes Scholar , was a professor of Civil Engineering at Canterbury University and was Dean of the faculty.

So yes, I have seen them in full swing!!!

Bermuda,

had an ale with Airedale in the week and said to him if i did'nt have something on sat night

would have caught up with you guys tomorrow, next time ? have a good one

Ron

NOCASH
16-05-2008, 11:01 PM
This seems fun, i wish i could join you guys... but i have work.. tomorrow night.

Shrewdy,
do you still go to coyotes ?
and also do ya work-out at uni gym

seadog
17-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Bermuda. How did you manage not to look at a computer for the whole week?? My wife gets so peeved off when I disappear on holiday for half an hour or so in the evening. Sad I know but the holiday just seems so much better when you can see the shares pay for it!!!

Bet you had a nice big juicy smile on your face when you logged in.

Played Cape Kidnappers yet, it's amazing? Let me know if you make it to Napier?

Have a great night lads, lucky buggers!! ( I am working, quite why I am not sure)

KiwiBear
17-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Where and what time please, yehI have the day off!

Crypto Crude
17-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey no cash...
Yes for the first question...
No for second...
.^sc

Financially dependant
17-05-2008, 01:00 PM

I will try and round up a Highlanders special, Spieghts and Bluff oysters (with a Spieghts beer batter for the BBQ of course!:))

bermuda
17-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I will try and round up a Highlanders special, Spieghts and Bluff oysters (with a Spieghts beer batter for the BBQ of course!:))

Hey guys, the barrel of Tui has arrived!!!
So you dont need to bring any grog. I will donate the wine.
Highlander supporters will be allowed to drink speights but only if you bring it. Let's get stuck into the barrel of freshly brewed Tui.
I suppose I had better go out onto the porch and try it.

See you soon.

xpress
17-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Guys.

I will be there in an hour or so with a bottle if wine.

Sorry about the late reply

Sideshow Bob
17-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I hope there were a few Highlanders supporters in attendence..........

KiwiBear
18-05-2008, 12:05 AM
What can I say, Bermuda you certainly set the benchmark for hospitality and venue!
A great nite, prawns, scallops, and those scrumptious Peter Timbs steaks. Not to forget the wine and Tuis keg beer. thought you were joking and bought my own red wine. Be around tomorrow to helpout with the TUIS mate!

Of course the other ingredient that makes such an event, the people of all ages and expertise eagre to trade and share tips and info.
Great to see young guys from Auckland, who considered the ChCh National convention to be the main event! Also Nelsons Rotti and the Tricha bloke from the Coast who longs to be in Nelson.

Nice books there also to borrow and read,One of which I have loaned before Upsidmop.
An interesting 'Twilight in the desert', which I'll get my wife to speed read and precis to me.
The other from a coaster lad was I think 'A 1000 Barrels a second'
an interesting work on the enegy scene thoughout the ages. looks like a must read also

Thanks to Airdale for his notebook of tips ;-) I'll enjoy TA critiquing them.
Nice to have learnt a few of my friends have done well on the oilers over the last year since meeting, while I have been busy focussing on property.

Never did get to give a pick, to was it Shrewdy going around wanting them for a bet?
All in all a great night out well worth the effort of braving a cold night away from the fireside. Arrived home wifey tucked up in bed 1/2 asleep. MMM should've gone out on the town and painted it red.
Well maybe next time when Its my turn for the right picks ;-)
The Bear

trackers
18-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,

What a great night, thanks Bermuda for hosting the event.. Thanks to Oiler, Rottweiler, Serpie (Bermuda of course) and co for imparting some of their wisdom. Was good to see heaps of younger guys turn up too: Shrewdie, Skeet, Upside, Tim, Mystery Box and... Was good to catch up, wish I could have stayed longer than a couple of hours!

Next time I'll be last to leave ;)

jvdl19
18-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Top notch evening Bermuda, thank you everyone for the warm welcome and interesting discussions. Was great to put a face to a name will definitely be at the next one. I'm the one holding '1000 barrels a second' book, if anyones real keen on it i could drop it round when im finished. Thanks again for a great evening!!

Financially dependant
18-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I hope there were a few Highlanders supporters in attendence..........

Just the one:D, the conversation turned back to shares in the second half!

It was a great night, thanks to Bermuda (& Mrs B), Shrewdy and Serpie for going out of there way to organize such a great event.

Crypto Crude
18-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Nat C main event success...
Picked up the keg this morning and Saw Bermuda on the couch studying up on CSG...:D... what a surprise...
what about last night when Bermuda was on the floor on his knees studying Plungers Map of Australia...?
got 2.5litres from the keg left over...im pretty toasted today, got home at 5am...
Im looking forward to the next event...
I will get in touch with Oiler shortly about organising a main event...
all is in motion...
cheers all...
.^sc

Serpie
18-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Great night. Good turnout and lots of new faces. Special mention to those that came from out of town - Oiler, Mattyroo, Rotty, Tricha and Mysterybox.

Thanks to Bermuda and his family for hosting us, to Shrewdy for the keg, and to everyone else for the food, drink, conversation and entertainment.

I'll do up a PM with all of the picks for the quarterly tipping comp and send it out to everyone. I've got picks for Airedale, Plunger, Matty, Oiler, Upsideumop, Lion, GoFish, Rotty, Financially Dependent, Mysterybox, Bermuda, Skeet, JVL19 and myself of course.

Can any of the other attendees who want to throw a name out please PM me and I'll add that to the list.

Closing price last friday to closing price before the next meeting in 3 months time. Biggest percentage gain wins bragging rights and the respect of their peers. I wont post the picks on the open forums, because some of the picks are just plain embarassing!

And thanks to Plunger, FD, Matty and Oiler for the extensive conversation regarding the business opportunity. I think I'll dance with the devil, and get me some of those pyjamas.

PS - Bermuda, I'd suggest that you go and check the fenceline shrubs for UpsideUmop. I think he's still in there somewhere.

rotweiller
18-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Home safe and sound after all the driving.
See you youngsters; thats what comes with going to bed at a reasonable time, up early and at it.
What a great night.
Some may well question Bermuda's share picks but boyo you cant beat him as a cook or shud that be CHEF. Unbeatable - and even took the Crusaders loss in good spirit the more "oiled" he became.
Thanks Mrs B for yr input.
Lasting impression the number of the young set attending. The economy is in good hands. Surprised to see that Airedale and myself would have been the oldest there.
Auckland and Wellington note - 21 ATTENDEES at the NZ Convention.
A privilege to have attended and meet you all - Thanks Shrewdie and Serpie.

Cheers
Rotweiller

Serpie
18-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear that you got safely home Rottweiller.

It was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed your stories about your time at the lookout. It sounds idyllic up there. The views, the wildlife and the solitude would be awesome.

If we can get this national meeting off the ground then it would be good to have it up your way. Nice and central, and easily accessible by bus for the South Islanders. Roadtrip!

Oiler
18-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Great night. Good turnout and lots of new faces. Special mention to those that came from out of town - Oiler, Mattyroo, Rotty, Tricha and Mysterybox.

Thanks to Bermuda and his family for hosting us, to Shrewdy for the keg, and to everyone else for the food, drink, conversation and entertainment.

I'll do up a PM with all of the picks for the quarterly tipping comp and send it out to everyone. I've got picks for Airedale, Plunger, Matty, Oiler, Upsideumop, Lion, GoFish, Rotty, Financially Dependent, Mysterybox, Bermuda, Skeet, JVL19 and myself of course.

Can any of the other attendees who want to throw a name out please PM me and I'll add that to the list.

Closing price last friday to closing price before the next meeting in 3 months time. Biggest percentage gain wins bragging rights and the respect of their peers. I wont post the picks on the open forums, because some of the picks are just plain embarassing!

And thanks to Plunger, FD, Matty and Oiler for the extensive conversation regarding the business opportunity. I think I'll dance with the devil, and get me some of those pyjamas.

PS - Bermuda, I'd suggest that you go and check the fenceline shrubs for UpsideUmop. I think he's still in there somewhere.

Serpie .. youre right, it was a humdinger of a night, got back to the hotel in the wee hours and kinda dragging my ass around today :eek:

I also have to say a BIG thankyou to Bermuda and Mrs B .....thankyou for your hospitality.

It is always fun to go these events around the country, each city has its own flavour but I have to say that Christchurch deserves the National Title.

Shrewdie we need to talk and arrange a NATIONAL CONVENTION in a central location where the whole country can get to easily ...

Christchurch rocks !!! ;)

Oiler

Lizard
18-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Well it sounds to me like Christchurch deserves to hold the National Convention! I'd be happy to support it given sufficient notice of dates to catch some reasonable airfares.

Seems like y'all might need a bit of recovery time before any organising though. :D

Year of the Tiger
18-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great night. Congrats.....

Liz, did you notice that there appeared to be a shortage of skirt-wearers? Now, I'm sorry, Dr Rob Moodie not included....:D

Wherever and whenever the NATIONAL CONVENTION is held, we must turn up to wave our bra.......... (ooops, sorry, I mean FLAG). :D:D:D

So pleased you guys had a great time. And this is just a message to all of you who read this site but don't turn up to these do's, they are fun, they are a great opportunity to meets up with people who enjoy all things about the Sharemarket. You don't need to be a guru, it's ok to be a newbie like me, just turn up, put faces to the names and it changes your thinking sooooooooooooo much.

Cheers guys, and everyone.

YOTT

Oiler
18-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Well it sounds to me like Christchurch deserves to hold the National Convention! I'd be happy to support it given sufficient notice of dates to catch some reasonable airfares.

Seems like y'all might need a bit of recovery time before any organising though. :D

Lizard it was a great night .... and this ole bugga needs an early night tonight. :eek:

The current thinking is to have the Convention in Wellington or maybe
Nelson???

YOTT ....Wellington is the place for the FLAG... bra wavers ;)

There will be plenty of notice for everyone to be able to book flights ahead of time.

I will be in touch !!!:D

Oiler

Mysterybox
18-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey, just woken up >.<''

Was an excellent night guys, big thanks to Bermuda(and wife), Shrewd Crude (hospitality & brew), Serpie and others who made this event so great.

I can't say enough without repeating whats above, the food was great, the alcohol.. alcoholic. The knowledge gained was invaluable.

Thank you all, had a really great night and should be attending future conventions =)

-Lewis

AMR
18-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Making a note to myself at this point : I must attend the next Christchurch (or national) event!

Twenty one! That's a lot! It must have been the beer!

The Plunger
18-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Just to rub it in to those that didn’t attend.

Oysters

Scallops

Prawns

Prime Fillet steak

And a keg of beer of course. You’ve certainly raised the bar Bermuda. Many thanks.

SC, bit worried about your choice of words…

Nat C main event success...
...when Bermuda was on the floor on his knees studying Plungers Map of Australia...?
.^sc

Oooeerrr !!! Let’s just clarify, he was on his knees administering the “Coal Seam Kiss” to the “Permit” map of Australia – Surat Basin if I recall…

Great night, great to put names to faces.

Rif-Raf
18-05-2008, 10:00 PM
sounds like a riproaring night had by all. Looking fwd to the next Chch event.

A J
18-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Was an awesome night! Big thankyou to Bermuda and his wife for hosting, Shrewdie and Serpie for organizing things. Didn't get round everyone but good chatting with you guys!

Ahh it was the "Coal Seem Crawl", CSC to be more presis. LOL. Great stuff!!

Cheers
Aaron

skeet
19-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Yes big thanks to Bermuda for hosting! It was a very enjoyable evening, soooo much knowledge to be learned there I just wish I could have got round more of the people there. Looking forward to the next event! :)

bermuda
19-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes big thanks to Bermuda for hosting! It was a very enjoyable evening, soooo much knowledge to be learned there I just wish I could have got round more of the people there. Looking forward to the next event! :)

Dear Sharetraders,
This was one of my best ever parties. I even got the beautiful Bermudian lttle fish forks out. (they have been sitting in the draw ever since my Bermudian Mum passed away over 25 years ago.)

She would have been proud to see such a select group use them.

Thank you all for coming, especially all those from out of town. In hindsight I was really pleased I didnt go into town later. Sunday was very quiet. I washed out the porch and then sat back and studied UCG/CSG all day.

Thanks for all your comments and to all the input each and everyone put in to this fellowship.

upside_umop
19-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Super B, had a great time, and the meal was great - thanks heaps.
Lucky no one took up that bet with you eh?!
Will have to work that black jack thing out one day....

Also, cheers Serpie and Shrewd..2.5 litres left was awesome effort haha! Although, I think I was over the limit to skate, and it ended up getting run over by a car :S

See you all at the next one.

Gofish.
19-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Bermuda,

TMany thanks also from me. A great evening, interesting discussions & superb hospitality.
Also great timing with the POO, I suspect that most or all of us made a few bucks on paper today.
Thanks also to Kiwibear for the lift.

Regards
Gofish

tricha
19-05-2008, 09:24 PM
A truely great night out.:) so many interesting and diverse people.

Cheers Bermuda and Mrs Bermuda for such great Southern hospitality.

P.S you did say Boyup Brook didn't u Bermuda, well thats where I was getting my haircut and seeing the doctor, while living in Greenbushes before coming back to NZ.

Serpie
19-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I've heard from both Shrewd and Tricha today, and have their picks.

And for all of those who mocked my pick - up 5.8% today. You guys have no chance!

bermuda
19-05-2008, 10:36 PM
A truely great night out.:) so many interesting and diverse people.

Cheers Bermuda and Mrs Bermuda for such great Southern hospitality.

P.S you did say Boyup Brook didn't u Bermuda, well thats where I was getting my haircut and seeing the doctor, while living in Greenbushes before coming back to NZ.

Tricha,

We were deemed to meet.

Thanks for coming.

STRAT
23-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Super B, had a great time, and the meal was great - thanks heaps.
Lucky no one took up that bet with you eh?!
Will have to work that black jack thing out one day....

Also, cheers Serpie and Shrewd..2.5 litres left was awesome effort haha! Although, I think I was over the limit to skate, and it ended up getting run over by a car :S

See you all at the next one.Upside Umop,
Did you manage to win that $500 from Shrewdy on the night?:D

upside_umop
23-05-2008, 09:16 AM
strat,

nah i never took up the challenge...

first i couldnt take $500 off shrewdy,

and second my night would have been over, and not remember a thing!

maybe another time, when not such an important event is on :D

Crypto Crude
23-05-2008, 11:29 AM
upside umop-and second my night would have been over, and not remember a thing!
isnt that what happened anyway?
We quite clearly remember dropping you off home before 11 O'clock...
:D
.^sc

upside_umop
23-05-2008, 12:20 PM
really? yeah the night got reasonably messy... is that how i got there..it was a party, i made it home later. here i was thinking i skated there??!!

JackSprat
02-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi to all the Christchurch Sharetraders,
I was sitting here going over a number of forums today and the thought came to me that although it's great to be able to talk about the various interests and shares etc on Sharetrader and to have a Quarterly Meeting wouldn't it be great to have a weekly spot we can go and have a few beers and actually chat about it..........a mini convention each week, say on a Friday afternoon or Saturday; somewhere like Robbies in Riccarton or ?? whatever???
Food for thought? What's everyone think.

rotweiller
02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
A bit concerned that apparently Bermuda made no effort to recoup his Rugby losses on Convention night with the Finals night.

Oh Well back to the Mad Butcher Then - What a pity

Cheers,
Rottweiller

bermuda
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
A bit concerned that apparently Bermuda made no effort to recoup his Rugby losses on Convention night with the Finals night.

Oh Well back to the Mad Butcher Then - What a pity

Cheers,
Rottweiller

Rotti, I came back from Sydney with the Waratahs and the mood was very good. Wasnt going to bet against that but I cheered for the Crusaders.

Hope you had a big day. This was my biggest. And so much more to come.

Cheers

upside_umop
02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi to all the Christchurch Sharetraders,
I was sitting here going over a number of forums today and the thought came to me that although it's great to be able to talk about the various interests and shares etc on Sharetrader and to have a Quarterly Meeting wouldn't it be great to have a weekly spot we can go and have a few beers and actually chat about it..........a mini convention each week, say on a Friday afternoon or Saturday; somewhere like Robbies in Riccarton or ?? whatever???
Food for thought? What's everyone think.

I like the idea, but probably couldnt make it every week. But should be able to make it fortnightly..

We could move the venue around a bit also, you guys would like 'Bentleys' at Uni above the foundry :D

bermuda
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I like the idea, but probably couldnt make it every week. But should be able to make it fortnightly..

We could move the venue around a bit also, you guys would like 'Bentleys' at Uni above the foundry :D

Monthly would be enough for me but I applaud your enthusiasm which was spurred on by Shrewd Crude.( sharetrader meetings )Let me know the venue and I will be there.

Sideshow Bob
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Upside Umop, is Bentley's named after the former Canterbury student association president??

Financially dependant
02-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I would be keen most but not all weeks! count me in.

Steve
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Having your get-togethers more frequently increases the chances that I will be in Christchurch to attend... :)

JackSprat
02-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Having your get-togethers more frequently increases the chances that I will be in Christchurch to attend... :)

Indeed Steve and infact, if it was a regular thing then you just turn up when you can and as Upside -M suggested we could alter the venue from place to place if that suited. Thanks for your responses guys - we'll see how it pans out during the week! Keep your comments coming. Cheers :D

Crypto Crude
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Im keen on turning up every couple of weeks...
.^sc

Serpie
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Always keen Jack.

As long as we keep the quarterly meetings as the main event, because the out of towners add so much to these events and they need to plan in advance to attend. And they also need to know that there's going to be a good attendance if they're going to go to the trouble of travelling.

We could always try more regular meetings, and if it strengthens the National Register we keep them, and if it weakens it we ditch them.

So put me down as a yes for monthly catch ups. And 1 vote for Friday afternoons / Friday after work. I always have a few beers on Friday afternoons anyway, so I may as well learn something while I'm drinking.

Oiler
03-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Always keen Jack.

As long as we keep the quarterly meetings as the main event, because the out of towners add so much to these events and they need to plan in advance to attend. And they also need to know that there's going to be a good attendance if they're going to go to the trouble of travelling.

We could always try more regular meetings, and if it strengthens the National Register we keep them, and if it weakens it we ditch them.

So put me down as a yes for monthly catch ups. And 1 vote for Friday afternoons / Friday after work. I always have a few beers on Friday afternoons anyway, so I may as well learn something while I'm drinking.

Serpie.. I totally agree with you in that if the catch ups are too regular then we may not get the numbers at the Quarterlies. I for one would come down once a month for a get together as long as the date was setup a couple of weeks in advance.

You know me ....always keen to jump on a plane to somewhere :)

Oiler

JackSprat
03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Absolutely good points guys. I was aiming at very low key type catch ups just for an hour or two and not to displace the Quarterly in anyway - but then from all the reports after Bermudas Cracking Do I don't think there'll ever be any problems having full attendance at the next one, which incidentally is only about 2 months away!
Sooooo, what say we go about this sensibly and discuss it at the next full Quarterly Convention and decide on it there. No rush. That'd make good sense. Even add to the numbers that are likely to come. :)

trackers
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
I'd be keen to have more frequent meetings... Monthly would be sweet for me :)

Crypto Crude
03-06-2008, 09:19 PM
serpie-Always keen Jack.

Yup, very good points Serpie... I agree...

Ok JackSprat, As you are going to organise this... Then we will talk about this at the next meeting as you suggested....
.^sc

JackSprat
04-06-2008, 06:50 AM
OK, cool. Thanks for the input e/one.

Financially dependant
04-06-2008, 09:16 AM
cool, does that mean we can have permanent name badges:)?

Steve
04-06-2008, 02:50 PM
cool, does that mean we can have permanent name badges:)?

Wouldn't that make it inconvenient for those who like to use multiple profiles?

Serpie
04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't that make it inconvenient for those who like to use multiple profiles?

That's why the meetings are so good Steve, because the multiples can't hide. I didn't realise that Shrewd Crude and Bermuda were the same guy until a bloke turned up wearing both names badges.

And did you realise the "Oiler" is in fact 3 different people. That's why "he" can turn up to meetings all over the country at a moments notice.

Brut
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Serpie,

I heard that you & Shasta are the same person. Is that True???

shasta
04-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Serpie,

I heard that you & Shasta are the same person. Is that True???

Who on earth said that cr*p?

I'm in Wellington & host the ST meetings & can be verified by many people. Ask Oiler for a start!

Serpie is in Christchurch & i've actually met him, nice fellow.

Serpie
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes Brut. It's true.

shasta
04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Yes Brut. It's true.

:eek::confused::D

Crypto Crude
04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
serpie has a twin brother...
... one named serpie the other named sir pee...
.^sc

Oiler
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
That's why the meetings are so good Steve, because the multiples can't hide. I didn't realise that Shrewd Crude and Bermuda were the same guy until a bloke turned up wearing both names badges.

And did you realise the "Oiler" is in fact 3 different people. That's why "he" can turn up to meetings all over the country at a moments notice.

Serpie ( friend )

Thanks for blowing my cover .. I maybe bipolar,dyslexic,paranoid but still enjoy life :D

What else can I say :eek:

Oiler

KiwiBear
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi All,
Talked to some of you guys about a free 'e' book site for education.
Here it is for those interested http://www.freewebs.com/forexdog/ebooksindicators.htm

Also would be intrested in monthly meetings, Middle of month is a great time to ponder buy/sells!
I could look into getting the boardroom at City South library Colombo st in Beckenham, for either Friday evenings or Sat mornings, as I have an acct with them. It used to be $10 per hour and our previous share club we pitched in $2-3 each to cover the time.
Has tea/coffee can byo and facilities a nice outlook and ample parking.

Some people might want to give a brief talk on their expertise areas, or have projected charts etc. i can supply puter & projector.
I have the 13 & 14th off could look into hiring it tomorrow.
Regards Bear

JackSprat
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
All I can say is I'm impressed and Kiwi Bear your offer I'm sure would prick up a few ears so if anyone feels they want to get into it go for it. On the other hand there was the suggestion we hold fire until the next Convention and make some decisions then.................? Mind my original thought was to just have a few beers and a natter leaning on the local bar but who knows this could evolve toward a degree in economics or some such - oops, too late.

Serpie
25-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Good evening all National Convention delegates.

With the June quarter winding up, and all of the Aussie accountants getting ready to close off the books and begin preperation of their results, it's time for us to start thinking about our next meeting.

Quarterlies due out at the end of July, so I would like to propose a meeting for Saturday 9th August for our next convention. How is that date for everyone?

That's about 6 weeks away, so all of those from the branches have got plenty of time to organise flights and accommodation for the trip. I'll nominate and second myself for the transportation sub-committee, so if anyone is coming in from out of town please let me know and I'll make sure that you get picked up and dropped off to wherever you want to go.

As for a venue - big shoes to fill after the last one. I'm keen for a quiet pub somewhere, where we can get a drink and some food, but still be able to talk to each other. Maybe somewhere in the 'burbs so it's easy parking as well. Any suggestions?

bermuda
25-06-2008, 11:03 PM

With the June quarter winding up, and all of the Aussie accountants getting ready to close off the books and begin preperation of their results, it's time for us to start thinking about our next meeting.

Quarterlies due out at the end of July, so I would like to propose a meeting for Saturday 9th August for our next convention. How is that date for everyone?

That's about 6 weeks away, so all of those from the branches have got plenty of time to organise flights and accommodation for the trip. I'll nominate and second myself for the transportation sub-committee, so if anyone is coming in from out of town please let me know and I'll make sure that you get picked up and dropped off to wherever you want to go.

As for a venue - big shoes to fill after the last one. I'm keen for a quiet pub somewhere, where we can get a drink and some food, but still be able to talk to each other. Maybe somewhere in the 'burbs so it's easy parking as well. Any suggestions?

Hey Serp,

Going down to Dunedin for the rugby ( is it that weekend, might be the next? )

Anyway , would love to come. I reckon the LOne Stare Riccarton would be pretty friendly.Jmo >Just loved having you guys at my place.

Serpie
25-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Gidday Super B,
I just had a look at the AB's fixtures, and they're all clear for that weekend. You're not thinking of the game in early July are you? There's NZ vs SA on 12th July in Dunedin.

Lone Star Riccarton sounds like a good idea.

bermuda
26-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Gidday Super B,
I just had a look at the AB's fixtures, and they're all clear for that weekend. You're not thinking of the game in early July are you? There's NZ vs SA on 12th July in Dunedin.

Lone Star Riccarton sounds like a good idea.

Thanks Serpie,
Yes it was July 12th for Dunedin.Sorry.Got the wrong month!

Yes I would be a starter for Saturday 9th August at the Lone Star Riccarton ( or any other suitable venue )

The Plunger
26-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Serpie, Can't make that date or the following weekend (skiing hopeully). Give us a shout if the date changes.

bermuda
26-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Serpie, Can't make that date or the following weekend (skiing hopeully). Give us a shout if the date changes.

Hi Serpie/ The Plunger,

I reckon we should make it a Wednesday/Thursday. That way we are not interferring with the weekends.

Just a thought.

Crypto Crude
26-06-2008, 11:41 PM
bermuda-Hi Serpie/ The Plunger,

I reckon we should make it a Wednesday/Thursday. That way we are not interferring with the weekends.

Just a thought.

Im easy going....
this is the National Convention, we have Travelers coming from all over the world !..... Those coming from afar might be best suited to the weekend with Work and all during the week..
How about we put it to a vote...?
.^sc

bermuda
27-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Im easy going....
this is the National Convention, we have Travelers coming from all over the world !..... Those coming from afar might be best suited to the weekend with Work and all during the week..
How about we put it to a vote...?
.^sc

I am easy. Any day I am in town.

Oiler
27-06-2008, 05:43 AM

Hi Serpie

Count me in for the 9th August (Sat) I arrive back in the country that morning so if you need to change the date then a later date would be better for me.

As always, I look forward to catching up with you all again :cool:

Oiler

Serpie
27-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My vote is for a Friday or Saturday to allow the out-of-towners to attend. We have to remember that this is now officially the National Convention, not a regional event.

What about Friday the 15th or Friday 22nd?

shasta
27-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My vote is for a Friday or Saturday to allow the out-of-towners to attend. We have to remember that this is now officially the National Convention, not a regional event.

When you have set the date for the National Convention, i'll set a date for the Wellington sub branch :D

Crypto Crude
27-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Im in for the 9th...
.^sc

diamond h
27-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi Serpie, As a new investor would like to attend the meeting and pick some brains and put faces to names.Friday night is not suitable for a lot of out of towners so I would vote for Saturday 16th or 23rd.August. Thanks. Cannot attend if on the 9th. as i out of town.

JackSprat
27-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Working 9th but 23rd would suit me 4pm onward at somewhere like ... THE CASINO!!! I'm kidding, probably need to catch up my loses somehow tho :)

airedale
27-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I will miss the next meeting.....wintering over at Caloundra:).

Serpie
27-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Keep the feedback coming guys.
JackSprat - you're looking good. Been working out?

JackSprat
27-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Lol, yer, one of my colleague's at work.:D

Oiler
04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Keep the feedback coming guys.
JackSprat - you're looking good. Been working out?

Serpie and other Chch attendees

Can we confirm a date for the next "National Convention"

Come on Christchurch lets see if we can beat the numbers at the last meet.

The POO is going up :D and so are the airfares :mad: but hey thats life...

I look forward to the next meeting

Oiler

Financially dependant
04-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I will miss the next meeting.....wintering over at Caloundra:).

I am flexible on date and look forward to the next meeting as I am wintering over in Christchurch :mad:!

Serpie
04-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Good evening all.

The next National Convention will be on Saturday 23rd August at 4pm. That seems to be the most favoured option.

The venue is still to be confirmed, but the Lone Star in Riccarton is the early favourite.

bermuda
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Good evening all.

The next National Convention will be on Saturday 23rd August at 4pm. That seems to be the most favoured option.

The venue is still to be confirmed, but the Lone Star in Riccarton is the early favourite..

Will be there. Please bring the CSG map.

Serpie
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Good stuff Super B.
I think that the map belongs to The Plunger, so hopefully he'll be able to make this date.

tricha
04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Good stuff Super B.
I think that the map belongs to The Plunger, so hopefully he'll be able to make this date.

Hey Serpie

That book u gave me, is a great book!

Amazing, our shares we hold are totally different.

Hold - AZA, BOW, COE, CUE, NZO, ODN, OEL, PPP, TTY.

Time for a cull, 9 is 4 to many ;)

AMR
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Now I'm just wondering, is anyone doing a national meetup over christmas?

JackSprat
05-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Kool, 23rd, Lone Star! My Avatar says its lovely!:D

Serpie
05-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Serpie
our shares we hold are totally different.

Mine have all gone backwards lately Tricha, so good thing for you that you're not holding any of them. Ive been watching ODN since talking to you about it, but it's proving harder to read than VPE.

I haven't read "Twilight in the Desert" yet, but I might order it on Amazon, and if I do I'll get an extra couple of copies as prizes for the next meeting.

trackers
05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Mine have all gone backwards lately Tricha, so good thing for you that you're not holding any of them. Ive been watching ODN since talking to you about it, but it's proving harder to read than VPE.

I haven't read "Twilight in the Desert" yet, but I might order it on Amazon, and if I do I'll get an extra couple of copies as prizes for the next meeting.

I'll be returning it to christchurch central library in about a week (can pm you when i do if you like?)

bermuda
06-07-2008, 12:49 AM
I'll be returning it to christchurch central library in about a week (can pm you when i do if you like?)

For any newcomers

This is essential reading. Do not bother contributing to this thread until you have read it.

Thankyou.

I always believed in peak oil before I met Matt Simmons. After I met him I knew he was right.

Please read Twilight in the Desert. The Saudi's cant keep up.

Crypto Crude
06-07-2008, 12:24 PM
serpie-Good evening all.

The venue is still to be confirmed, but the Lone Star in Riccarton is the early favourite.

Im there.... This is going to be yet another famous meeting...
Great, now our mate Plunger will be able to attend...
I went out for lunch with that cat a week back, rang up and I asked to speak to 'a plunger'... He thought I was some sort of sicko and hung up on me...
It was pretty embarassing...
Mackdunk is coming to the meeting after this one as long as its after Mid November...
.^sc

Serpie
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM

Thanks Trackers, but I've just ordered 4 copies online.

1 - for me

2 - for the winner of the picking comp from the last ChCh meeting

3 & 4 - loan copies for the remainder of the National Convention delegates. Again the picking comp will determine the who gets first option on the loan of the books for the next quarter.

It sounds like a must-read for anyone investing in oil and gas stocks.

As always we are hoping to see some out of towners at the next ChCh meeting. Book your flights early to get the best deals, and please let me know if you're coming and I'll sort out your transportation while you're in the Garden City.

Serpie
06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Now I'm just wondering, is anyone doing a national meetup over christmas?

There will be another one in ChCh in November AMR, but gather up some of the Auckland contingent and head on down for the August one.

shasta
06-07-2008, 09:26 PM
There will be another one in ChCh in November AMR, but gather up some of the Auckland contingent and head on down for the August one.

I havent gotten around to organising the next Wellington meeting yet, but will try & work them around the Chch events.

I shall try & make the 23rd August, its a little too far out to commit to just yet though

Serpie
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I forgot to mention that to claim your prize for winning the quarterly picking competition you have to be at the next meeting.

At this stage, out of 17 picks, we have 8 in the red, 2 even, and 7 in the green. Not bad in this market.

And the clear leader at this stage (with a return of over 100%) is the person who was easily the most incoherent at the end of the night. Well, to be honest, he was pretty incoherent when I collected the picks in the middle of the evening, so maybe I misunderstood him and got the wrong one?

Still a few weeks to go though, and with the quarterlies to come out anything could happen.

bermuda
07-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I forgot to mention that to claim your prize for winning the quarterly picking competition you have to be at the next meeting.

At this stage, out of 17 picks, we have 8 in the red, 2 even, and 7 in the green. Not bad in this market.

And the clear leader at this stage (with a return of over 100%) is the person who was easily the most incoherent at the end of the night. Well, to be honest, he was pretty incoherent when I collected the picks in the middle of the evening, so maybe I misunderstood him and got the wrong one?

Still a few weeks to go though, and with the quarterlies to come out anything could happen.

Serpie,
Ok, who picked what? Pretty sure I went for RPM but the competition was held pretty late in the evening!!! Please provide the list. Very interesting.

Serpie
07-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I've just PM'ed you an update Super B,

When I collected the picks I told everyone that I'd keep it off the main board so any of the other delegates who want an update please PM me, and I'll forward it to you.

STRAT
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Mackdunk is coming to the meeting after this one as long as its after Mid November...
.^scReally? I might see if I can hitch a ride.

Never been in a private jet before:D

Oiler
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Really? I might see if I can hitch a ride.

Never been in a private jet before:D

STRAT Can I hitch a ride in the dickie seat.......... a Scotsman chartering a private jet. :confused:

We would need Serpie to meet us with a red car and a red carpet, maybe now he has good reason to :)

Oiler

STRAT
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
STRAT Can I hitch a ride in the dickie seat.......... a Scotsman chartering a private jet. :confused:

We would need Serpie to meet us with a red car and a red carpet, maybe now he has good reason to :)

OilerWho said anything about Charters:eek::D

I hear even the Dickie Seat has armrests with a bar built into each:D

shasta
07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Who said anything about Charters:eek::D

Best you refuel in Wellington, & pick up myself & Lakeys...

Unless Lakeys has his own plane? :D

Oiler
07-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Who said anything about Charters:eek::D

I would expect nothing less :eek: The Scots 'jaffas' know how to travel.

By the time we get to fly his NZO will have made him a fortune. :D if he still holds. yeah right !!!\

Oiler

Crypto Crude
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I doubt mackdunk lives in Pure luxury with one hundred thousand dollar watches and charter planes etc... Scotsmen are hunter gathers...
Men of the jungle... sticks and spears...
We are going to have a blast...
Somebody ring the Lone Star and tell them to double seal the doors and strengthen the foundations... we are going to tear this place apart...
:)
.^sc

upside_umop
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
dont think ill be able to make this one...

the almighty undie 500 is the last weekend of term. i will keep up chch good reputation and stay out of trouble, dont worry!

hmm i think i picked LMP for the comp...but i think RPM has outperformed.

Serpie
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
No one picked RPM Upside, so it's a shame you won't be able to make it if the comp stays as it is.

A J
08-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I'll be coming of course as well as skeet I presume, see you there guys!

Cheers
Aaron

Serpie
13-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone else going to the Hopkins Lecture this Tuesday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
Time: 8.00 pm start
Followed by supper

Venue: Christchurch Town Hall
Limes Room

Geoff will discuss economics, engineering and the environment in the context of the sustainable energy and climate change challenges facing society in the 21st Century. Economics can and should be used to reconcile the conflicting world-views of those who want to defend the environment with those who want to put humanity’s requirements first.

As this is open to the public please feel free to bring along friends and family.

Event Begins:
15/07/2008 Time 8.00pm

Cost:
Free

Financially dependant
14-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Anyone else going to the Hopkins Lecture this Tuesday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
Time: 8.00 pm start
Followed by supper

Venue: Christchurch Town Hall
Limes Room

Geoff will discuss economics, engineering and the environment in the context of the sustainable energy and climate change challenges facing society in the 21st Century. Economics can and should be used to reconcile the conflicting world-views of those who want to defend the environment with those who want to put humanity’s requirements first.

As this is open to the public please feel free to bring along friends and family.

Event Begins:
15/07/2008 Time 8.00pm

Cost:
Free

I will be there, I will look out for familiar faces:eek:

upside_umop
14-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Serpie and FD.

I'll be there, should be interesting. I'll look out for you both.

bermuda
14-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey Serpie and FD.

I'll be there, should be interesting. I'll look out for you both.

I will be there. Are you coming Shrewdy?

Serpie
14-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I'll be in Rumpoles Bar at the Crown Plaza (ex Park Royal) at 7.15pm tomorrow night.
Only a 1 minute walk from there.

bermuda
14-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll be in Rumpoles Bar at the Crown Plaza (ex Park Royal) at 7.15pm tomorrow night.

Wish I could join you guys. Thanks for the support. Dad did heaps for engineering.

Serpie
14-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Wish I could join you guys. Thanks for the support. Dad did heaps for engineering.

27 years as head of Engineering at Canterbury - that's quite an achievement.

I have hopes that one of my offspring may end up as an engineering student at UoC one day. I see that there's a Hopkins Scholarship as well. I may have to drop your name when the time comes.

Financially dependant
15-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Hi Serpie, I will try and make it to the Plaza at 7.15 too.

FD

Sideshow Bob
19-07-2008, 06:39 PM
From NZO announcement Friday:

Christchurch Investor Briefing
Date: 30 October
Time: 6pm
Venue: The George
50 Park Terrace
Christchurch

Why not plan a get together post presentation??

duncan macgregor
22-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Wellington have five votes in to choose the date of its next meeting. Auckland had seven people plus my good self turn up at its last meeting. Christchurch being in the outer extremities of known civilization might come up with at least four punters plus my old mate the SHREWD one. I think as the market crashes [according to Macdunk] you will find you might be able to hold your meeting in a phone booth in november. What you really need is to hold a weekend overnight Agatha Christy who done it weekend where the people can be themselves getting to know each other. We might all take part in a who killed the NZX.
Macdunk after a few whiskies might give a lecture on time lines. Not much fun in a bar trying to stay sober enough to drive home guys, get your thinking caps on. Macdunk

STRAT
22-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Wellington have five votes in to choose the date of its next meeting. Auckland had seven people plus my good self turn up at its last meeting. Christchurch being in the outer extremities of known civilization might come up with at least four punters plus my old mate the SHREWD one. I think as the market crashes [according to Macdunk] you will find you might be able to hold your meeting in a phone booth in november. What you really need is to hold a weekend overnight Agatha Christy who done it weekend where the people can be themselves getting to know each other. We might all take part in a who killed the NZX.
Macdunk after a few whiskies might give a lecture on time lines. Not much fun in a bar trying to stay sober enough to drive home guys, get your thinking caps on. Macdunk:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Serpie
22-07-2008, 01:43 PM
So does that mean you're coming down to ChCh in November MacDunk? It's a deal: we supply the whiskey - you supply the lecture.

If we're playing "Murder in the Dark" with MacDunk I reckon I could sell a few tickets. Not to the polite and courteous Canterbury posters of course, but certainly to some of our friends from the north.

We're a hardy breed down here, and it is in these times of market turmoil when the collective minds of the ChCh Mastermind group are of most value.
We look forward to you gracing us with your presence.

You too Strat. Dunc comes - you come.

trackers
22-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Good evening all.

Looks like its cracking up to be a goody... Heaps to discuss, should be another good night

duncan macgregor
22-07-2008, 03:38 PM
So does that mean you're coming down to ChCh in November MacDunk? It's a deal: we supply the whiskey - you supply the lecture.

If we're playing "Murder in the Dark" with MacDunk I reckon I could sell a few tickets. Not to the polite and courteous Canterbury posters of course, but certainly to some of our friends from the north.

We're a hardy breed down here, and it is in these times of market turmoil when the collective minds of the ChCh Mastermind group are of most value.
We look forward to you gracing us with your presence.

You too Strat. Dunc comes - you come. SERPIE, I have to move my indoors up to ONE TREE POINT on the 14th of nov. Moving homesteads its not a pretty sight. Told Shrewdy all about it but he shows no sympathy. Standing in a bar for a couple of hours yapping about falling markets. Surely you can come up with better than that for the real people.
Go somewhere to book in, have guest speakers like STRAT, and yourself explaining your positions in the ASX competition to warm the crowd up, followed by PHAEDRUS and SNOOPY having bad language at two paces. Surely you lot can come up with a decent venue even although it is the south island on the wrong side of the bombay hills and stage a decent event worth traveling down for. Macdunk

Crypto Crude
22-07-2008, 04:51 PM
on the 4th of this month Mackdunk said on the 2008 NZ market overview and general outlook thread, this...

duncan macgregor-
SHREWDY, I am tied up until mid november after that i am a free agent.
Macdunk

This means mackdunk is going to come...
You just let us know when the dates are ok MD?...
Late Nov... Early Dec...
Perferably around mid November would be best as Our mate Joe Kid is coming to Show week and it would be a good chance for the housing Buffs to finally meet...

mackdunk-Wellington have five votes in to choose the date of its next meeting. Auckland had seven people plus my good self turn up at its last meeting. Christchurch being in the outer extremities of known civilization might come up with at least four punters plus my old mate the SHREWD one
Oh well.. if we only get 4+1 at the next NC then they will rock up like this... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:....

Oiler
22-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Macdunk after a few whiskies might give a lecture on time lines. Not much fun in a bar trying to stay sober enough to drive home guys, get your thinking caps on. Macdunk

Come on Macca if it is only the venue that is stopping you from going to the Garden City then dont worry the 3 Amigos will find a venue that can/will be to your liking and will keep you sober :D:D

If you need any help in getting to Christchurch (walking sticks/crutches whatever) I will certainly help you get there including your lovely other half.:)

How can you refuse :eek: If you say YES and I know you wont you wily ole bugga till the last minute then we will get an avalanche of people wanting to come and meet this "cantankerous Scotsman"

Duncan come along mate ......... you are very welcome ;)

Oiler

Serpie
22-07-2008, 09:56 PM
guest speakers like STRAT and yourself explaining your positions in the ASX competition to warm the crowd up

Awesome. The Sharetrader equivilent of Laurel and Hardy as a warmup act.
And perhaps a dance-off between Macca and Shrewd to close?

We're putting you on the attractions list for the November convention MacD. We will schedule to suit. You name the date.

We have other posters from around the country who have also indicated that they will attend, and in true showbiz style we will drip feed those details to the media between now and then.

STRAT
23-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Go somewhere to book in, have guest speakers like STRAT, and yourself explaining your positions in the ASX competition to warm the crowd up, Kick a fella while hes down why dont ya http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-210.gif

duncan macgregor
23-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Kick a fella while hes down why dont ya http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-210.gif

:D Just trying to kick you off the fence to do something about our competition with SHREWDY. You and i both know that its like being in Greenland with a pack of husky dogs. You can kick them around ito place but dont fall over whatever you do. We all know that if i fall over you will have the pack on your side. Macdunk

airedale
23-07-2008, 12:39 PM
" followed by PHAEDRUS and SNOOPY having bad language at two paces".
Unquote........LOL at that. We have two of ST's politest contributors there.:)

Crypto Crude
23-07-2008, 05:04 PM
upside umop-dont think ill be able to make this one...

the almighty undie 500 is the last weekend of term. i will keep up chch good reputation and stay out of trouble, dont worry!

hmm i think i picked LMP for the comp...but i think RPM has outperformed.

I read in the canta magazine today that the undie 500 has been cancelled...
So it appears that you will be coming...
Mackdunk, that now makes six...
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:...
haha... the only undies that will be coming off are mine in 5 years.. re: the oil hoax thread...haha

STRAT
24-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Shasta,
Liz suggested I come down to the next Wellington meeting but then had a better idea of going to the November National Convention. ( geez its hard to type that ) What do you reckon?
Both are a plane ride for me but if you went down also that would be two birds with one stone for me ;)

Should be warmer come November which is great cause the way the Market is going I may be pitching a tent :eek:

shasta
25-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Shasta,
Liz suggested I come down to the next Wellington meeting but then had a better idea of going to the November National Convention. ( geez its hard to type that ) What do you reckon?
Both are a plane ride for me but if you went down also that would be two birds with one stone for me ;)

Should be warmer come November which is great cause the way the Market is going I may be pitching a tent :eek:

So long as the National Convention doesn't clash with my birthday (late Nov), then sounds good to me.

I keep saying i'll show up at a Chch event so better make it that one.

Nothing stopping you coming down to Wellington meantime ;)

Serpie
25-07-2008, 08:24 AM
It's been pencilled in for either the 23rd or 29th November guys (just need to confirm with the committee). Look forward to seeing you there. It's going to be a good one, with planning already underway.

Lizard
26-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Okay, pencilling in for 29th. Will try and remember to monitor "grabaseat" and mention here if there's any coming your way on 29th Nov... :)

shasta
27-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Okay, pencilling in for 29th. Will try and remember to monitor "grabaseat" and mention here if there's any coming your way on 29th Nov... :)

29th November is my birthday, so that rules me out!

Crypto Crude
27-07-2008, 01:36 PM
shasta,
Why would you not come on your birthday...?
Dude-what a way to celebrate it...
I seriously could not think of a better way to spend my saturday night...
fly down after lunch so you still have the morning...

even though mackdunk is saying nothing,( I must admit that is poor form)... I personally think that the 29th would suit better because hes moving into his house and will need at least one week from the 14th to move in....
theres more chance he will come on the 29th than 23rd...
.^sc...

duncan macgregor
27-07-2008, 07:31 PM
SHREWDY, For me to come down its two hours drive to the airport fly down grab a cab get to whereever. It looks like you dont have enough people to make up a forum let alone a convention. I did suggest an overnight convention in a motel with transport from the airport, not something you could hold in a phone booth. That might make it more interesting for those out of towners who could relax and get acquanted. Stick your thinking cap on man, get with it, life is to short to waste time going that far to stand three hours in a boozer. Macdunk

upside_umop
27-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I read in the canta magazine today that the undie 500 has been cancelled...
So it appears that you will be coming...
Mackdunk, that now makes six...
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:...
haha... the only undies that will be coming off are mine in 5 years.. re: the oil hoax thread...haha

shrewdy, i will definately be there if undie does not eventuate.
however, although not 'organised', i have heard it will be (watch posters jump up around uni?)

Crypto Crude
27-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Mackdunk,
Listen up...
Think of it as a journey, and expedition...
How could this not be better than any other holiday yourve ever been on...
Dont be all self centered concerned about yourself, think about what you can share with us, think about the big picture, think about how many people you will be letting down, think about the future of National convention meetings, think about what you have to offer us....think about it man...
This is not just about you...
You will be here... Im sure of it.... the suspense of it all eah....
You could fly down with strat...you big kids would have a great trip...
upside,
I read it in the canta last week... We will wait and see...
.^sc

Lizard
28-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Shrewdie, Let's just organise it with MacDunk's better half... I'm betting she'll pack his bags and have him on that plane... :D

STRAT
28-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Shrewdie, Let's just organise it with MacDunk's better half... I'm betting she'll pack his bags and have him on that plane... :Dlol. Thats sharp Liz :D Very sharp ;)

Anyway he has to come. They wont let me on a plane without an adult after the last time :eek:

duncan macgregor
31-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Poor old Macdunk, He gets challenged to a share competition in a one on one in a market he says will downtrend leading up to a crash. When he streaks to the lead all goes quiet with no updates just like the NZX competition. I feel like the last straw about to be loaded on to the camel. They actually think that i am stupid enough to drive 2 hours to the airport, catch a plane to christchurch, take a cab to some boozer for about three hours to have a few drinks with five people. I am out the market as you all know, so why would i contribute to anything you might want to discuss, other than tell you to cash up before you lose more than you are already doing.
The time to make hay is when the sun is shining; thats when you get in boots and all, i would hate to come down and see five people sobbing in their beer. Auckland had eight people, looks like Wellington with six, and you lot five. Get a decent venue near an airport organize a few guest speakers taken from the ranks of sharetrader. The most important thing is get someone to organize it in a professional manner. The way your national convention is going, makes me think you lot wouldnt know how to run a sh*t fight in a cow shed. MACDUNK

Serpie
31-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Come on now Duncan. When you were 25 years old and standing in the trenches at Gallipoli I'm sure you didn't say "things aren't going our way chaps. Let's just chuck it in eh?"

You seem to have accepted the argument that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe if you spent a couple of hours with the young whipper snappers at the National Convention you'd put the gloves back on and go another round with the market? Dont you miss the taste of your own blood?

Planning is underway for the November National Convention, but, being a voluntary committee, we're always looking for more help. Are you offering to present a lecture on "A falling tide drops all boats"? Or perhaps "Bonus Bonds - Fun and Secure"?

Come on. You know you want to.

By the way - the Avon is looking particularly picturesque today. It has a lovely sepia tinge to it.

kiwiwim
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Hello All
I have just come back from holiday and getting back to normal.
Saw something about a meeting in August is this still on?
Wim

Crypto Crude
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Key kiwiwim,
you betcha its on...
this is the event New Zealand has been waiting on for 3 months...
Broadcasting across all air waves...

The next National Convention will be on Saturday 23rd August at 4pm...
Lone Star in Riccarton (by Bush Inn center)...
all are welcome...

at this event we will be talking about a National Main event planned at this stage for November this year...
start thinking about this because our city will be hosting the event as we are truely the National Convention holders and have the biggest base of attendees (fact-for as long as these friendly meetings have been held)...
Ideas are most welcome as to how this should be run, details, showcasing the city, conference etc etc... so many ideas...
shortly after the chch meeting in a few weeks our mate Serpie will start a thread for the Main event... the Super National Convention....
soon to be broadcasting all across the southern hemisphere....
haha...
.^sc

Serpie
12-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Just a reminder for the Christchurch sharetraders and out of town guests of the meeting next weekend as detailed in Shrewd's post below.
Lots to talk about as always. We had over 20 at the last meeting, with a good mix of ages and experience. Hopefully all who attended at Bermuda's house will be meeting again at the Lone Star, and we also look forward to welcoming back Kiwiwim and Brut this time around.

Others, aside from those who attended last time, who we hope to see are:
Jack Sprat
Noodle
Sideshow Bob
Diamond H
Steve
RifRaf
Xpress
No Cash
Ron the Pom
Farmer George
Slam
Clips
GarryB
TroyVDH
Kerry
WW
McCollr
Port Hills

That's over 40 members that have attended, or expressed an interest in attending, the ChCh meetings.
We look forward to seeing some new faces along to this next meeting as well. As demonstrated by the comments following past meetings they are very rewarding, enjoyable and educational.
If anyone is unsure about coming along for the first time, please send me a PM with any questions you have.

Cheers
Serpie

temuk
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
have marked this on the calandar only 11 days for someone to
stuff up my plans!

Serpie
12-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Great stuff Temuk!
I see that you're based in Timaru. Shrewd's place is just around the corner from the Bush Inn, so you can crash on his lawn along with Upside Umop!

bermuda
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Great stuff Temuk!
I see that you're based in Timaru. Shrewd's place is just around the corner from the Bush Inn, so you can crash on his lawn along with Upside Umop!

Serpie and Shrewdie,
I think we better have a beer there next Monday to make sure it is big enough. 5pm okay for you guys?

Serpie
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I'll be there Super B. 5pm next Monday.

rotweiller
13-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Just back from a visit to MacDunks home territory and a lazy River trip Amsterdam to Budapest courtesy QGC shares.
My apologies for this meeting but will earmark November.
Cheers,
Rotweiller

Crypto Crude
13-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Rabbi said him and his friend are coming...
.^sc

STRAT
13-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Great stuff Temuk!
I see that you're based in Timaru. Shrewd's place is just around the corner from the Bush Inn, so you can crash on his lawn along with Upside Umop!would that mean a tent in 2 feet of snow?:eek:

Financially dependant
13-08-2008, 09:47 PM
would that mean a tent in 2 feet of snow?:eek:

I am looking forward to the next meet, stamped and approved by the management!!

Strat, I can't let that excessive exaggeration go! It's only a foot in my garden!

Rabbi
14-08-2008, 04:39 AM
I'll definitely be there -and with bells on-well drinking boots anyway.

I'm "fairly old" otherwise I wouldn't be a Rabbi, however no trace of Jewishness as I spend freely, especially on beer.

My mate Bob has got "truckloads" of Beach Petroleum and cue so you can imagine how wet my shoulder is. About time he found his "peers", so Bob can do the talking, I'll do the drinking and may we all be enlightened ;);).

Serpie
14-08-2008, 08:33 AM
It looks like there's going to be lots of new faces. Excellent!
Sorry you can't make this one Rottweiller, but we'll look forward to seeing you in November.

A high of 32 high in ChCh today Strat (fahrenheit of course).

slam
14-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Bugger
Got a gig that night :mad:
What time will this go till?
Could maybe make it after.

Serpie
15-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Starts at 4pm Slam, so maybe come along before the gig?\
Although with that avatar maybe you're a childrens entertainer, and will be doing afternoon gigs?

slam
15-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks Serpie
If only you knew how ironic that comment was :O)
4pm sounds good

Crypto Crude
17-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Slam you will have to introduce yourself as I wont recognise you unless you rock up looking like this...
--->
--->http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/image.php?u=5416&dateline=1191287078
.^sc

STRAT
18-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Serpie
If only you knew how ironic that comment was :O)
4pm sounds goodSlam are you one of the wiggles?:D

Crypto Crude
18-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Bermuda, Serpie, Brut and I had a beer tonight at the Lone star, and upon inspection we have decided to hold the Event at The Bush Bar, which interconnects with the Lone Star...(right next door)
Its the corner of Riccarton road and Waimari Road
.^sc

trackers
19-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Bermuda, Serpie, Brut and I had a beer tonight at the Lone star, and upon inspection we have decided to hold the Event at The Bush Bar, which interconnects with the Lone Star...(right next door)
.^sc

The Bush bar?! Geez that brings back memories of more than a few Wednesday nights

Serpie
19-08-2008, 11:15 AM
They're opening it up early for us Trackers, so it must be a bit quiter than the old days. They reckon we'll have the place largely to ourselves until later on.
We tried the Jack Ruby Bar next door but it get's really busy, and they crank the music up, so we asked for somewhere a bit more sedate for a start.

STRAT
19-08-2008, 03:11 PM
.^scI went to a lonestar ( first time ) when I was working in Invicargill last year. I ordered a steak and they brought me the whole cow :eek:

trackers
19-08-2008, 04:20 PM
They're opening it up early for us Trackers, so it must be a bit quiter than the old days. They reckon we'll have the place largely to ourselves until later on.
We tried the Jack Ruby Bar next door but it get's really busy, and they crank the music up, so we asked for somewhere a bit more sedate for a start.

Sounds good to me, we used to have the bush as a sponsor of an old rugby team....Was nice to go there occasionally and have a quiet one on a saturday without having to worry about it getting so packed and loud that you couldn't hear yourself think!

I went to a lonestar ( first time ) when I was working in Invicargill last year. I ordered a steak and they brought me the whole cow :eek:

Invercargill ey? Lucky you didn't catch Mad Cows disease! :D

STRAT
19-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Invercargill ey? Lucky you didn't catch Mad Cows disease! :Dlol,I should probably point out I was only there for one night and Im pretty much nuts already. We drove down from Queenstown. First time that close to the south pole for me and being a jaffa a bit on the cold side. Couldnt see myself living there even if you can buy a house for 50k

Serpie
21-08-2008, 12:15 PM
At this stage we have:

Confirmed:

Bermuda
Oiler
Shrewd Crude
Trackers
Serpie
Brut + 1 or 2 guests
Rabbi + Guest
Jack Sprat
Diamond H
Kiwiwim
Temuk
Slam
Finanacially Dependent
AJ
Skeet
Xpress - possible

Apologies from:

Rottweiller
Airedale
Upside Umop
Sideshow Bob
Mattyroo
The Plunger

Out of Towners that were at the last meeting and may be unavailable for this meeting:

Mysterybox
Tricha

Unconfirmed from the last meeting:

Lion
GoFish
JVL19

And MIA are:

Noodle
Steve
RifRaf
No Cash
Ron the Pom
Farmer George
Clips
GarryB
TroyVDH
Kerry
WW
McCollr
Port Hills

I think that's everyone on the current register. There are heaps of other posters or lurkers here in the Canterbury region that have not been able to attend to date, and it would be nice to meet you for a beer and some sharemarket drivel.

We've got the bar to ourselves at the start, so you'll have no problems finding us.

upside_umop
21-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I wont be making this one sorry guys.
Have fun...catch you next time around.

xpress
21-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys - I see I get an honorable mention in the list. I have the kids this weekend but may pop in for 1/2 an hour for a chat

Serpie
21-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Bring the kids Xpress. You can just leave them in the car with a raspberry and coke and a packet of crisps like in the old days. They'll be fine for a few hours.

Sideshow Bob
21-08-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't go skiing very often, but 1 meeting last year I was going skiing and this year I'm off skiing again :D

Hope you have a great night guys!!

I'm probably going to make an effort and get up for the NZO briefing at the end of October.

shasta
22-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't go skiing very often, but 1 meeting last year I was going skiing and this year I'm off skiing again :D

Hope you have a great night guys!!

I'm probably going to make an effort and get up for the NZO briefing at the end of October.

Shrewd i hope this isn't you trying to "raise the bar" with the National Convention a few months away...

Escaped monkey on the loose in Christchurch

5:01PM Friday August 22, 2008

Christchurch residents are being warned to be on the alert for a small, hairy and intelligent escapee from the city's Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.

Police said that one of the reserve's Capuchin monkeys was on the loose, and likely to be looking for food and shelter.

Inspector John Doherty said staff were moving the monkeys to a new enclosure on Wednesday when one managed to escape.

They had not been able to locate it on the premises and a letter drop has been done with the neighbours in the area.

The monkey, small, and brownish-black in colour, was not considered harmful but should not be approached, Mr Doherty said.

- NZPA

Crypto Crude
22-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I found him... Looks and struts just like mackdunk...
hahaha...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
22-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Christchurch residents are being warned to be on the alert for a small, hairy and intelligent escapee from the city's Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.
Police said that one of the reserve's Capuchin monkeys was on the loose, and likely to be looking for food and shelter.
The monkey, small, and brownish-black in colour, was not considered harmful but should not be approached, Mr Doherty said...
Humm... sounds just like Mackdunk...
an intelligent escapee (hummm spot on there), small and hairy....(yup)...
on the loose...(definately)....looking for food and shelter (anywhere to rest those weary legs)....was not considered harmful (description out on that one).... should not be approached... (to a T)....
.^sc

shasta
22-08-2008, 10:19 PM
hahaha...
.^sc

Genuis Shrewd, King Baz isn't a patch on you ol son :D

Good luck with tomorrow's meeting, if the next one isnt the 29th Nov then i should be able to make it :)

Crypto Crude
22-08-2008, 10:21 PM
shasta,
I had a run in with him the other day and they banned me for Good...
.^sc

shasta
22-08-2008, 10:29 PM
shasta,
I had a run in with him the other day and they banned me for Good...
.^sc

He's only a plant in there to suck in newbies...(with other peoples money!)

Share Trader is the only forum i know of that DOESN'T accept scrip from companies to pump them!

Stick with what you know aye ;)

Crypto Crude
22-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks shasta,
I got to keep it abit closer to home anyway...
Cant be stuffed with that place...
they will ban or suspend you for no reason...
Catch all you others up tomorrow...
.^sc

shasta
22-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks shasta,
I got to keep it abit closer to home anyway...
Cant be stuffed with that place...
they will ban or suspend you for no reason...
Catch all you others up tomorrow...
.^sc

I went in there a while back to stir it up...:eek:

You putting me onto NWE @ 16c was a master stroke...

If the SS sheep weren't so engrossed in KB they might have followed me out at 30c ;):D:cool:

STRAT
22-08-2008, 11:17 PM
hahaha...
.^sc http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/attachment.php?attachmentid=816&stc=1&d=1219400016 Excellent. Thats the dance to be sure :D but no kilt :eek:

Rabbi
23-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Just had a hard week as I had to go to Hastings for a Rabbis' convention. The things those Jew's put you through, I mean what a regime of drinking for such a tight fisted bunch.

so..

I haven't seen Bob all week but I'm pretty sure he will turn up.

Last I heard he was muttering "massively undervalued ".

Cheers
Rabbi
PS
Massively undervalued....Cue Beach, Oel, Bow Wow Wow VPE etc.etc...

KiwiBear
23-08-2008, 03:32 PM
After being away for 5 weeks in sunny warm France following Le Tour and cycling holiday's the bitter realisation of work in the cold south beckons this evening to keep those AIR shares bouyant LOL.
My commiserations go with you all at the convention discussing dismal south pacific shares & finance coy's -
TheBear

Gofish.
23-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Belated apologies from me. Thought I might have been able to make it but family had other ideas.
Hope you all had a good night.

Regards
Gofish

Serpie
23-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Another successful meeting in the nations sharetradng capital!

Kiwibear, GoFish and other ChCh regulars - We're running another in-house sharetipping comp this quarter, so if you want to throw your hat in the ring for a bit of a giggle then please email me your picks before the markets open on Monday.

I picked up 15 picks from the attendees tonight, but if anyone missed out please let me know.

Congratulations to Upside Umop who won the comp for the last quarter with a return of 47%, and special mention to The Plunger with a close run second at 43%.

Crypto Crude
24-08-2008, 11:21 AM
If someone is missing a pair that look like these--->:cool:
then PM me, or email me, or post here...
.^sc

Serpie
24-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Shrewd,

They belong to Sue. I'll let her know that you've got them.

Oiler
24-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Another successful meeting in the nations sharetradng capital!

Kiwibear, GoFish and other ChCh regulars - We're running another in-house sharetipping comp this quarter, so if you want to throw your hat in the ring for a bit of a giggle then please email me your picks before the markets open on Monday.

I picked up 15 picks from the attendees tonight, but if anyone missed out please let me know.

Congratulations to Upside Umop who won the comp for the last quarter with a return of 47%, and special mention to The Plunger with a close run second at 43%.

As always another great night in Christchurch. Good to catch up with all the regulars and a few new faces as well but as always didnt get a chance to talk to everyone.
Oooh how time flys (7hrs) when you are having fun... and I guess all those wines helped. :(

Looking forward to the World (of NZ) Congress in Feb. next Feb in Christchurch.

We may even get another meeting in Nov. this year. :D

Umop ... tell me you weren't one of those guys beating up on the cops in Dunners this weekend :eek: I think you are too clever for that.

Oiler

trackers
25-08-2008, 10:14 AM
My apologies in arrears, sorry guys I was really looking forward to making this one but I got stuck moving a friend into a new house on the other side of town. Thought I'd be done by 2-ish, but a minor plumbing disaster (LOL) and a few other hiccups made that more like 9pm :(

I see Serpie's trying to organise a monthly on the quiet get together, what a legend.. That definitely sounds like a plan.

Financially dependant
25-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes indeed Serpie is a legend, another great night. (also thanks to Brut for the ride home)

diamond h
25-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Did'nt get to attend because of a family function unfortunately,maybe next time. If I had attended it would have been more like a wake if the conversation had been concerning any of the shares I hold.:rolleyes:

Crypto Crude
19-11-2008, 11:47 PM
all the details for the next meeting which is this Saturday is here

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=6425
.^sc