PDA

View Full Version : FNT - Frontier Resources

shasta
12-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Announcement out today, on drilling commencing at "Elo" a Copper/Gold/Molybdenum deposit in PNG, with potentially 6 times the mineralisation of the main Kodu project...

We are set to recieve the "Kodu" announcement next Monday 18th June.

Kodu is a copper-gold - molybdenum Deposit in PNG.

The Kodu Deposit contains an Inferred Resource of 550,000 tonnes of copper equivalent*, grading 0.51% in 108 million tonnes grading 0.33% copper, 0.42 g/t gold and 60ppm molybdenum(calculated at 4/07 metal prices). The project is conveniently located for exploration and possible development about 55km NE of the capital of Port Moresby and 20km from highway access. An access track to site was completed mid-March, 2007.
*Copper Equivalent is based upon metal prices on 21/5/07, being US$3.47/lb Cu, US$662/oz Au, US$31/lb MO (57% MO03 conc) & US$12.94/oz Ag.

Frontier commenced resource delineation and expansion drilling at Kodu in October 2006 and it is ongoing with 2 of the Company’s own, continuously operating, diamond coring rigs. Twenty nine holes total have been drilled for 9,755m (to May21, 2007).

The Company’s short term goal is to convert a significant portion of the current Inferred Resource to Indicated status and also to significantly increase the total tonnage of the deposit. The intent is to release a revised Inferred Resource in early June, then again in early August 2007, then likely commence a pre-feasibility study to evaluate possible development paths and requirements.

A desktop economic evaluation assuming a body of mineralisation of 120 M tonnes (in a relatively accessible location in PNG) grading 0.36% copper plus 0.47 g/t gold (with no molybdenum credit), shows a possibly robust project with a theoretical IRR of 55%, NPV of $US516 million and cumulative cash flow of $US1,301 million (using close to current prices of $US2.80lb copper and $US640 /oz gold). NB: this desktop study does not relate to the Kodu Inferred Resource and should not be relied upon for investment decisions.

Frontier’s properties offer excellent mineral deposit potential, with primary targets being World Class and major copper- gold- molybdenum, gold- silver and polymetallic (zinc-lead-silver) deposits. The properties all have high-grade historic exploration results and are in the same or similar geological terranes as existing World Class and/or major mines. The Company is committed to maintaining its responsibilities to all relevant stakeholders, including shareholders, local indigenous communities, the PNG Government and the environment.

http://www.frontierresources.com.au/

Nb, Kodu is tipped to be upgraded to around double the previous estimates, non JORC though. :D

I hold & like the potential, but please DYOR.

shasta
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
The March quarterly shows cash on hand of $1.066m & estimates June quarter expediture of $800k.

During April they raised approx $3m in a rights/placement issue.

Should be fine for cash for a while.

shasta
12-06-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.frontierresources.com.au/main_site/file_uploads/downloads/ASX_Release_FNT_Elo_Drilling_Commences_2007_6_12.p df

AA - Check out todays Ann

Two projects moving along nicely, both with massive potential/leverage to current Market Cap.
(Approx $13m cap / 100m shares)

shasta
12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
AA

Quite simply the Frontier Resources website indicates the likely NPV of the Kodu project alone to be huge, see below...

A desktop economic evaluation assuming a body of mineralisation of 120 M tonnes (in a relatively accessible location in PNG) grading 0.36% copper plus 0.47 g/t gold (with no molybdenum credit), shows a possibly robust project with a theoretical IRR of 55%, NPV of $US516 million and cumulative cash flow of $US1,301 million (using close to current prices of $US2.80lb copper and $US640 /oz gold). NB: this desktop study does not relate to the Kodu Inferred Resource and should not be relied upon for investment decisions

Whilst it's not at inferred status (or JORC), if it doubles the size of the resource we are talking a very large project.

It's not without risk, however such large projects require years to drill out the resource & ongoing dillution of shares to raise the funds.

I wouldn't want to put a SP target on it, as miners are seemingly discounted considerably until a JORC resource is announced.

The potential alone, & relatively small downside was enough for me to buy into FNT @ $0.13.

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Took a position in FNT yesterday at 13c and like the look of their prospects....only 88 million shares on issue.

..last nights announcement will add interest to their 2 key discoveries....grades looking very good also....cheers Schu

From the surface it looks like they are under the radar at the moment....wait till the broader market finds out ......cheers

shasta
14-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Great timing Schu

Monday WILL see the Kodu upgrade announcement & i'm expecting the old 108mt Copper/Gold/Moly resource to go over 200mt.

FNT has had some SP capping of late & the sell orders have now thinned out, just 2.3m on the sell side & she's ready to fly.

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2007, 12:54 PM
sHASTA....Not bad timing aye...currently up at 14.5c has hit an intraday high of 15c on good volume for FNT

once we get the statistics fom the drilling early next week we could see a major re rating which could see it into the high teens early 20,s range....the current trend has been broken and if she holds at the close we will see buy indicators triggered...cheers schu (AKA JAM H/C)

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2007, 01:02 PM
the options are a bit ahead of the game IMO...that makes the conversion cost 23.5c based on last trade of 3.5c with a conversion of 20c /share

therefore the heads are a far better buy at 15c IMHO (my H/C post)

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Shasta...it looks to me as if someone is getting loaded with view to a very good result next week.......buy the rumour sell the fact .....in any case this could hit 20c quite easily if the resource is double ....cheers and good luck lads...SCHU

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Massive day and closed on intraday high of 15.5c...should continue with uptrend tomorrow....some big blocks of shares bought on the way up today ranging between 500k to 700k parcels.....someone knows whats going on behind the scenes, thats for sure...
cheers SCHU

shasta
14-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Opened at 14c & up 14.81% to close at 15.5c on 9m volume, this is multiples of what the FNT normal turnover is.

Frontier Resources (FNT) are to send to the ASX the Kodu results tomorrow & it should be announced early Monday morning.

One more trading day left, & we should see more buying pressure tomorrow & perhaps breach 17c.

Post announcement the SP could run to 25c during the day, before a retreat back to around 20c.

Last day to get on people...

clearasmud
14-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys I bgt some at 14.5 today.Was surprised to see it close at 15.5.

Clearasmud

STRAT
15-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I put a bid down on this one yesterday and I must confess with little research [:I] but rather based on the respect I have for some of the posters on this thread. Thought I missed the boat but got in this arvo at 13.5. Thanks fellas for the heads up and good luck :)

shasta
15-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Strat

Come Monday you will be rewarded, FNT is currently valued at around 0.25% of it's in ground value (see powerpoint presentation on FNT website).

Held the last few days gains to close strong at 15.5c on 9.6m turnover.

Next week will be a big one for Frontier Resources.

shasta
18-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Ann out, Kodu revised upgrade up 88% to 203Mt on the Copper/Gold deposit.

Expect a good day holders! :D

STRAT
18-06-2007, 11:06 AM
88% tonnage increase in Kodu Inferred Resource http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070618/pdf/312zf9fy32k8vw.pdf

exposed
18-06-2007, 03:52 PM
this is great im looking forward to getting my money back paid 50c for mine lol we should be there next month fellas , heres hoping

STRAT
18-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Dont want to throw water on the fire but can anyone give any credence to comments found elsewhere that management are a bit dodgy. I.e. The McNeil¡¯s and MMN?

clearasmud
18-06-2007, 06:29 PM
topped up with oppies this avo.
Chart looks good.

shasta
18-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Sold down half my holdings at 21c, but will keep the rest as we have another resource upgrade in approx 6 weeks.

I expect some profit taking at the 20c > level, dropping it back into the teens.

Watch for the Elo update, it was 6 times (now 3) bigger than Kodu...

shasta
18-06-2007, 06:56 PM
AA

The Elo results (upgrade?) in 6 weeks time should see the SP well north of 20c, as management want the options converted in Nov (@ 20c).

I need the funds elsewhere (out of the market), or i would have held onto them.

My core portfolio going forward will be ADY,FNT & GDM, all of which IMO are undervalued & due for a re-rating.

Rest of my portfolio is up for sale...

shasta
18-06-2007, 11:31 PM
AA

A bit off topic - but i hope your not following Shrewd Crude into TEX!

BUR - also put out a useful presentation today have a read of that one.

Tomorrow looking like another big day for FNT, which closed strongly.

German exchange is up 42% already on FNT, as the story unfolds...

Crypto Crude
19-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Absolute-Advance,
what is this showcase presentation out today that you talk of???
You can post your reply here... TEX is welcome on any thread..:D...

quote:
shasta

shasta,
whats that suppost to mean???...[^]...
the brother found an awesome stock...
whats he suppost to do, turn down some great returns on the table, not here to pick up the dinner scraps... here to take the whole 5 course meal....[:p]...
5 course meal still in the oven....ssssshhhh....
[8D]
.^sc

STRAT
19-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I let enough go to be free carrying today. Cheers Guys

shasta
19-06-2007, 06:29 PM
That's the story Strat, take what you need & leave the rest...

FNT are embarking on some Europeans roadshows to support there German listing & have the Elo upgrade in July, & Kodu upgrade (again) in August.

Word of warning - the status of these PNG Copper/Gold/Molybdenum deposits are "inferred" & not to JORC standard as we know it.

FNT do there estimations based on computer modelling, & on probably too few samples for my liking.

FNT have 11 such permits/licences in PNG & some of these will be bigger than Kodu, & lets not forget Tasmania!

Whilst the Kodu resource is large > 200MT, the grades aren't that impressive, & if it isn't at a shallow depth, it will cost too much to dig it out!

I would like to see FNT adopt a more rigid JORC standard for reporting their project resources, so the more informed ASX market can make relevant comparisons to other projects.

I may bail out completely on the next spike > 30c

FNT looks promising & has good projects, but the way things are done in PNG & there own management make this a truly speculative punt.

Having re-read the ann's I'm having a change of mind on FNT.

Those who haven't taken some profits off the table, might want to think about this & sit tight for a retracement.

Please DYOR

shasta
19-06-2007, 06:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by absolut-advance

Hi Shasta, I buy companies like TEX on there own merit, Ive been investing long enough now to know not to play follow the leader lol.
Hence I brought TEXO not TEX like SC.
I see huge potential in the options and are already well up.Active Management, high success, lower risk,3D data, small market cap, and highly leveraged options, and big drilling program upside over Q3, and supported by 3 successful drills coming into production.I do my own research as everyone should.Tryed to get into BURO a week ago as I really liked BUR but wasn't able to at the price i wanted now the options have lost there best leverage, Im seeking other opportunities.

Hi Shrewd Crude, Sorry I was referring to the Gold Coast Resources Showcase June 2007 (Presentation GCRC June 07) released on the 14th via ASX announcement.

AA

quote:Originally posted by shasta

AA

BUR - also put out a useful presentation today have a read of that one.

Tomorrow looking like another big day for FNT, which closed strongly.

German exchange is up 42% already on FNT, as the story unfolds...

Just winding up Shrewd - no worries :D

STRAT
20-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Put your Hard Hats on boys shes coming back to earth

shasta
20-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Will be interesting to see how far it does fall before buyers support returns.

I'd like to think around 18c, though could retrace back to 15.5c potentially.

It did run hard from 15.5c to 25.5c in a week (up 64%) so even a 50% retracement to 20c is healthy.

STRAT
20-06-2007, 01:37 PM
My guess is around 18 and it was 15 to 25 in a couple of days really. Some huge fortunes have been made and lost since friday

shasta
20-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Seems to have found a bit of support around 20c, already 10m shares traded.

I think any fall below 20c could see some bargin buying ahead of the next set of results.

If it holds above 20c at close i'd be stoked.

It it hits 23c during the day, i could be kicked out of FNT all together.

shasta
21-06-2007, 05:25 PM
FNT struggling to find support at 20c & could close at 19/19.5c.

Am conflicted whether i sell the other half of my holding at 20c & lock in the 53% or hold.

What are others doing?

clearasmud
21-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Shasta,
I'm not a trader so I'm holding.
Resource is apparently world class;infact they have 7 potential large resources.
However if they spiked hard i may sell a few...
I'll just keep a close eye on these and be on the lookout for others.More research needed.May buy more.

cheers,
Clearasmud

shasta
21-06-2007, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by clearasmud

Shasta,
Resource is apparently world class;infact they have 7 potential large resources.
I'll just keep a close eye on these and be on the lookout for others.More research needed.May buy more.

cheers,
Clearasmud

I just don't see any SP support at the current levels up until the Elo results due end of July.

I didn't think FNT would run so hard & as yet has not found another higher level of support.

A few traders taking profits at the moment as well...[^]

clearasmud
21-06-2007, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by shasta

quote:Originally posted by clearasmud

Shasta,

cheers,
Clearasmud

I just don't see any SP support at the current levels up until the Elo results due end of July.

I didn't think FNT would run so hard & as yet has not found another higher level of support.

A few traders taking profits at the moment as well...[^]

Shasta,
Arn't they doing a big European roadshow?
If the story is good...
The shares are listed in Germany I believe.

shasta
21-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah they are doing some roadshows in Germany & other parts of Europe, as they are listed on the Frankfurt, Berlin & Munich exchanges as well as the ASX.

I've just got no idea whether to sell, hold, buy more...

shasta
25-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Update...

Have a sell order in & looking to exit.

Don't expect anything big in the next month & may look to re-enter this time next month.

Well done to those who jumped onboard & made some $$$.

shasta
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Sold out the remaining half at 19.5c, to lock in profits at 50%.

Has been a good trade & to those with a longer term view, the upcoming Elo results should provide another short term spike & good exit point.

Still like the FNT story but have other targets at present.

Will keep watch & may re-enter later on.

SCHUMACHER
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
shasta....your talking to yourself again...lol

i bought some again today at 17.5c and admit to selling at 20c ....couldnt resist the trade.....still like FNT alot and will be following them for quite some time to see whether they make the big time in 12 months or so.....originally bought in at 13c b4 the big push
cheers Schu

shasta
02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Schu

It's when i start arguing with myself, the problems will start!

FNT has been a good trade for me & i will keep an eye on them & may return...:D

STRAT
13-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Bought back in yesterday. Anyone else still holding or looking to take another crack at this little number?

STRAT
25-09-2007, 12:47 PM
FNT going off this morning on ann https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=1725956

shasta
25-09-2007, 06:02 PM
FNT going off this morning on ann https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=1725956

Up 29% to 15.5c at present, another spike for you Strat.

Should run a bit more, to 20c maybe?

STRAT
25-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Up 29% to 15.5c at present, another spike for you Strat.

Should run a bit more, to 20c maybe?Not this time Shasta I think but I will jump out again if it does;)

I need to get back into ADY before she leaves port without me. HGR too

shasta
25-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Not this time Shasta I think but I will jump out again if it does;)

I need to get back into ADY before she leaves port without me

ADY is in a trading halt at present regarding IO sales contracts so it may spike over 50c when it comes out of the halt.(currently 44c)

I'd look at an exit point around 16.5c for FNT, even though you may have missed ADY this time around...

Try & get in sub 50c ;)

STRAT
25-09-2007, 11:24 PM
ADY is in a trading halt at present regarding IO sales contracts so it may spike over 50c when it comes out of the halt.(currently 44c)

I'd look at an exit point around 16.5c for FNT, even though you may have missed ADY this time around...

Try & get in sub 50c ;)Yes I didnt time that well and expect to pay through the nose for my re entry into ADY but Im not too unhappy. The money went into HGR and URA and has been working very hard while out of ADY over the past few weeks.

STRAT
17-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Interesting Ann today

Notification Of Upcoming Option Expiry Date and
Timeline For ASX Announcements in the Immediate Future
Frontier is focused on exploring for and developing mineral deposits in the highly mineralised
Pacific ‘Rim of Fire’ in Papua New Guinea, plus the Mount Read Volcanics in Tasmania.
Your Company is advancing the World Class Kodu copper–gold–molybdenum Deposit (PNG)
through to feasibility and this is proceeding very well, rapidly and cost effectively. In addition,
the Company has made a concerted and successful effort to evaluate and advance several other
gold plus gold, copper, molybdenum, zinc and silver prospects to ultimately define additional
deposits.
If not exercised, the FNTO class of options will cease trading on the ASX at 5.00pm 30 November
2007 (as required by the ASX listing rules). The share price now is slightly lower than the 20c
exercise price of the options, but in my opinion this is likely to change in a positive manner in
the near future. If the outstanding FNTO options are exercised, a substantial amount of capital
will be generated and be used to progress Kodu to a full feasibility study (assuming positive
outcomes in the Resource Estimation and Mining Study) and to continue drill advancing the
Company’s other highly prospective prospects.
Factors (studies and assays) to be announced to the ASX that are likely to effect the share price
in the immediate future include:
o 2 major ‘viability’ related studies by external consultants
�� Indicated and Inferred Resource Estimation for the Kodu Deposit (Tuesday 23rd
October)�� Conceptual Mining Study (end of the first week in November)
o Andewa gold drill core assay results (Monday 29th October)
o Extensive Sirimu (near Kodu) gold bulldozer trench assay results (Thursday 25th October).I am confident in Frontier’s future and urge you to monitor the Company’s announcements and
share price in the immediate future, with the view to seriously considering exercising the
options in the weeks leading up to their expiry date (this does not constitute Financial or
Investment advice).

shasta
17-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Interesting Ann today

Notification Of Upcoming Option Expiry Date and
Timeline For ASX Announcements in the Immediate Future
Frontier is focused on exploring for and developing mineral deposits in the highly mineralised
Pacific ‘Rim of Fire’ in Papua New Guinea, plus the Mount Read Volcanics in Tasmania.
Your Company is advancing the World Class Kodu copper–gold–molybdenum Deposit (PNG)
through to feasibility and this is proceeding very well, rapidly and cost effectively. In addition,
the Company has made a concerted and successful effort to evaluate and advance several other
gold plus gold, copper, molybdenum, zinc and silver prospects to ultimately define additional
deposits.
If not exercised, the FNTO class of options will cease trading on the ASX at 5.00pm 30 November
2007 (as required by the ASX listing rules). The share price now is slightly lower than the 20c
exercise price of the options, but in my opinion this is likely to change in a positive manner in
the near future. If the outstanding FNTO options are exercised, a substantial amount of capital
will be generated and be used to progress Kodu to a full feasibility study (assuming positive
outcomes in the Resource Estimation and Mining Study) and to continue drill advancing the
Company’s other highly prospective prospects.
Factors (studies and assays) to be announced to the ASX that are likely to effect the share price
in the immediate future include:
o 2 major ‘viability’ related studies by external consultants
�� Indicated and Inferred Resource Estimation for the Kodu Deposit (Tuesday 23rd
October)�� Conceptual Mining Study (end of the first week in November)
o Andewa gold drill core assay results (Monday 29th October)
o Extensive Sirimu (near Kodu) gold bulldozer trench assay results (Thursday 25th October).I am confident in Frontier’s future and urge you to monitor the Company’s announcements and
share price in the immediate future, with the view to seriously considering exercising the
options in the weeks leading up to their expiry date (this does not constitute Financial or
Investment advice).

Strat

Look for the Kodu ann to cause a SP spike, perhaps your chance to bail?

STRAT
17-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Strat

Look for the Kodu ann to cause a SP spike, perhaps your chance to bail?FNT want these options converted. Looks to me like they are going to do their best to make it happen. Hell. that ann is pretty damn close to a blatant ramp lol. Hopin here come my ADY re entry money ;)

STRAT
18-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Looks like the ASX ramp is working. FNTO up 130% and FNT up 10%

shasta
19-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Looks like the ASX ramp is working. FNTO up 130% and FNT up 10%

Strat

You must be a happy camper, right on cue FNT does it again :D

FNT up 18.75% from 16c to 19c, & FNTO up from 1.3c to 2.5c up 92%

You hanging in for the ann early next week, or bailing with ya pockets full?

STRAT
20-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Strat

You must be a happy camper, right on cue FNT does it again :D

FNT up 18.75% from 16c to 19c, & FNTO up from 1.3c to 2.5c up 92%

You hanging in for the ann early next week, or bailing with ya pockets full?Hangin for the ann. Bought some more first thing Friday morn @ 16. The Gold ann monday week I think will be the one management are counting on to bring the oppies home but if the first ann on Tues does well enough I will bail then. Looked at the opions but didnt have the courage to take the risk

STRAT
23-10-2007, 09:05 PM
1st ann out today. 36% resource increase for Kodu and the sp closes down 2.8% :eek::rolleyes: LOL. I wonder what the market responce will be to the next two anns. I bet the option holders are sweating it tonight :( Glad Im not one of em. Others are talking about ann 4 being the big one but I think not, being too close to the option expiration date. Ann 3 next Tuesday I think will be the clincher.

shasta
23-10-2007, 09:14 PM
1st ann out today. 36% resource increase for Kodu and the sp closes down 2.8% :eek::rolleyes: LOL. I wonder what the market responce will be to the next two anns. I bet the option holders are sweating it tonight :( Glad Im not one of em. Others are talking about ann 4 being the big one but I think not, being too close to the option expiration date. Ann 3 next Tuesday I think will be the clincher.

You have the gold assays to be announced this week (Raki Raki project, Fiji?)...so i doubt its the "big one" you have been waiting for...

STRAT
23-10-2007, 09:25 PM
You have the gold assays to be announced this week (Raki Raki project, Fiji?)...so i doubt its the "big one" you have been waiting for...Andewa gold drill core assay results next Monday 29th will be the third ann. Im looking at that being the one management have their hopes pinned on

STRAT
23-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Ann 3 next Tuesday I think will be the clincher.Oops Monday not Tuesday:o

shasta
23-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Oops Monday not Tuesday:o

Hmmm last FNT ann mentions this week...

I was seriously thinking about another play, except the market reaction was poor to the Kodu ann & buggered the momentum...

STRAT
23-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Hmmm last FNT ann mentions this week...

I was seriously thinking about another play, except the market reaction was poor to the Kodu ann & buggered the momentum...Dunno. If the reaction to the 2nd ann on thursday is bad I might start to worry. Something about today doesnt sit right unless the market perceives the ann as a pile of BS and hype

STRAT
25-10-2007, 01:20 PM
25th October 2007
ASX Limited
Company Announcements Office
Announcement
HIGH GRADE AND ALSO WIDE GOLD ASSAY RESULTS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
FROM THE FIRST BULLDOZER TRENCHING AT THE SIRIMU PROSPECT, PNG
PLUS A POSSIBLE SSW EXTENSION TO THE KODU DEPOSIT DEFINED
Frontier Resources is very pleased to announce excellent gold and locally silver + lead assay
results, covering an 800m apparent strike length, from the first round of bulldozer trenching
at the Sirimu /SW Kodu Epithermal Prospect, in Papua New Guinea.
In addition, a possible >300m extension to the Kodu Deposit has been defined from >600ppm
copper anomalism in trenches at the eastern end of this zone. These are exciting advances
in the exploration of EL 1348.
�� Higher grade bulldozer trench assay results include:
�� 4.4m grading 19.95g/t gold + 47g/t silver + 3.2% lead
�� 10m grading 11.40g/t gold + 40g/t silver + 0.4% lead
�� 10m grading 4.82g/t gold + 0.75% lead
�� 10m grading 5.10g/t gold
�� 10m grading 2.19g/t gold
�� 10m grading 1.06g/t gold
�� 5m grading 1.18g/t gold
�� Entire gold anomalous bulldozer trench intervals (including the above results) are:
�� 34.8m grading 8.64g/t gold + 36g/t silver + 1.01% lead
�� 107.7m grading 2.23g/t gold + 11g/t silver
�� 201.4m grading 0.54g/t gold (true widths of these intervals are unknown)
�� The first stage bulldozer trenching and access program consisted of a total of 2,575m
cut and sampled in 8 trenches, in the gold anomalous ridge/spur soil zones.
�� Frontier rock chip sampling of float in the vicinity that was reported to the ASX
27/6/2007, returned high grades of epithermal style of mineralisation, with assays to
5.73g/t gold + 8.49% lead + 19 g/t silver, 3.3 g/t gold + 6.81% lead + 491 g/t silver and
0.13% molybdenum.
�� The trenching has confirmed epithermal mineralisation occurs over a large area,
centred about 1km WSW of Kodu. The only historic drill hole in this area returned 2m
of 15.5g/t gold + 8 lower grade gold zones to 10m of 0.5 g/t gold.
�� This exciting prospect strongly warrants concerted exploration, including infill and
extension bulldozer trenching followed by drilling. Additional trenching, mapping and
more detailed sampling is now underway.
�� The Sirimu/SW Kodu high-grade epithermal precious and base-metal mineralisation
provides a first class exploration and possible development target near Kodu. If such a
deposit were discovered, it could be easier and faster to bring into production, than
the World Class copper-gold-molybdenum deposit itself.

STRAT
26-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Well ann No2 has been a fizzer too. and no build up today into ann No3 which will probably be released pre market on monday. It would seem the punters are viewing the companys ramp on the 17th as just that. Hope the have an ace up their sleeve for Monday :rolleyes:

STRAT
30-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Frontier determined to mine Kokoda Track

Article from: AAP

Font size: Decrease (http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22672892-5006368,00.html#) Increase (http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22672892-5006368,00.html#)
Email article: Email (http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/email/popup/0,22617,22672892-5006368,00.html)
Print article: Print (javascript:print();)By Lloyd Jones
October 30, 2007 12:53pm

AN Australian mining company is determined to dig for gold and copper near Papua New Guinea's Kokoda Track despite moves by Canberra to have it listed as a world heritage site.
Australian Environment Minister Malcolm Turnbull (javascript:void(window.open('http://media.news.com.au/multimedia/2007/09/10_election/map/index.html?postcode=2026','','resizable=no,locatio n=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no ,fullscreen=no,dependent=no,width=840,height=570') )) last week announced the Australian Government would provide $A15.9 million to assist in the listing of the track (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22635145-11949,00.html), where diggers fought Japanese troops in 1942.
Prime Minister John Howard opposes any mining near the 96km track, which has become increasingly popular with Australian trekkers in recent years.
But Australia's Frontier Resources Limited is determined to continue mineral exploration, and develop an open-cast pit close to the track to mine an estimated $A1.7 billion worth of gold and copper.
The company's managing director, Peter McNeil, told reporters in Port Moresby he did not believe the track fitted the criteria for world heritage listing.
Mining near the track was an issue for the PNG Government, not Canberra, he said.
"I expect a lot of opposition from the Australian Government, whether it be a re-elected Howard Government or whether it be a new Rudd Government.
"But at the end of the day, they have nothing to do with it."
McNeil said the proposed mine would not damage the track.
After a visit to the proposed site at Mt Kodu, PNG's vice mining minister Ano Pala assured Mr McNeil that the PNG Gwould grant his company exploration licences so mining could begin as early as 2013.
Central Province Governor Alphonse Moroi also backed the mine proposal along with Mt Kodu landowners who see it as an opportunity to gain mining royalties and improve the lives of their people.
Mt Kodu Resource Owners Association spokesman Jack Bani said landowners were looking at buying a plane to carry goods and enable the provision of services that the PNG Government had failed to deliver.
In announcing the Australian funding last week, Mr Turnbull said it would help PNG authorities preserve and maintain the track.
"The Kokoda Track remains an enduring image of our national spirit and, alongside Gallipoli, represents one of the most important landmarks in Australian military history," he said.
"This funding package will ensure that this source of great Australian pride is preserved for generations of Australians to experience in the future."
The PNG Government has said it is too early to be concerned about environmental damage to the track, and PNG has strict compliance processes that will ensure historical and cultural sites are protected.

STRAT
30-10-2007, 07:30 PM
OK so lets recap

FNT announce in advance 4 price sensitive announcements will be made before time runs out for the options

The first three all resourse upgrades fail to move the market

The last a conseptual mining study which in FNT,s words from the announcement this avo is "assessing possible development paths" which means a few good ideas we may or may not go ahead with.

FNT announces a share in the deal to land owners in and around the mine site at/near the Kokoda Track obviously to get them on side because FNT's own Government in Australia is planning to offer the New Gunia Government 15.9 million dollars towards making the Track a world heritage site.

Anyone else see getting these oppies converted a bit of an up hill battle?

Anyone else see getting this mine to actually open a bit of an uphill battle as well?

I got out this morning:p

STRAT
01-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I got out this morning:pIn the nick of time it would seem.:rolleyes:

Mr Rudd has weighed in on the issue:

OPPOSITION Leader Kevin Rudd will contact Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Michael Somare to express his concern at reported plans to divert a section of the Kokoda Track for a copper mine.

Australian mining company Frontier Resources has reportedly said a part of the track would have to be re-routed by the time its copper mine hits full-scale production in several years time.

Frontier Resources, which has the backing of the PNG Government and landowners for the project to go ahead, says the area it plans to mine is about one per cent of the 96-kilometre track and holds no significant historic value.

But some historians and trekking operators disagree.

"If the report is accurate, the plan stinks, it absolutely stinks," Mr Rudd said.

"I've made arrangements with my office to get in contact with Michael Somare, the Prime Minister of PNG, and we will talk it through."

Mr Rudd said the Kokoda Track, which he has walked, was "part and parcel of the Australian soul".
"If any of you have walked the track, been up there and seen the sacrifice of all those Australians, who pushed back the Japanese invasion which was heading towards Australia, we should honour them by preserving the track as it is."

STRAT
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Just when you think its a dead duck :eek:

Frontier Resources Ltd
China May Invest in Copper, Gold Projects in Papua New Guinea
By Tan Hwee Ann
Feb. 16 (Bloomberg) -- China Metallurgical Group Corp., building the $800 million Ramu Ramu nickel mine in Papua New Guinea, wants to invest in copper and gold projects in the Pacific nation, the nation's mining minister said.
The Chinese government-owned construction company may hold talks with mining companies holding tenements in the Pacific nation, Sam Akoitai, Papua New Guinea's mining minister, said in an interview yesterday. It isn't seeking exploration permits.
China is building strategic reserves of commodities to secure supplies for its surging economy and has nominated copper as a top priority. The fastest-growing major economy is seeking investments in mines in Australia, Africa and Latin America.
``They are now building Ramu Ramu, and they want to move into gold and copper, especially copper,'' said Akoitai in Perth, Australia. ``Chinese companies have also shown great interest in looking at other investments potential.'' He didn't give details.
Wang Yongguang, vice president at China Metallurgical in charge of resources development, declined to comment from Beijing.
Harmony Gold Mining Co., the world's fifth-largest gold producer, last year said it may seek partners to help develop the Wafi copper and gold deposit in Papua New Guinea at a cost of as much as $1 billion. Chief Executive Officer Bernard Swanepoel said Asian companies are among nine interested in a partnership.
No Discussions
Projects under study in the Pacific nation include Marengo Mining Ltd.'s Yandera copper-molybdenum project and Frontier Resources Ltd.'s Kodu copper-gold deposit. Frontier's Managing Director Peter Mcneil and Marengo's Managing Director Les Emery, both said today they haven't held discussions with Chinese companies.
``We're doing our pre-feasibility study now, and we're looking for a right mix of partners,'' said Emery in Perth.
Xstrata Plc., the world's fourth-largest copper producer, last month said it will buy an 82 percent stake in the Frieda River copper and gold project in Papua New Guinea.
Mining companies are expected to spend about $80 million a year on exploration in Papua New Guinea, up from $10 million in 2002, Akoitai said. South Korean companies are among those who have submitted exploration applications for minerals, he said, declining to name them.
Akoitai will meet with executives from China Metallurgical next week in Port Moresby to discuss working conditions at the Ramu Ramu mine. The country's department of labor and industrial relations last month told the Chinese company to improve conditions by Feb. 19 or risk the having the mine shut down.
Akoitai was in Perth for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation mining ministers' conference this week.
China is building an emergency supply of crude oil and plans to expand that to metals and uranium. The country is the world's biggest consumer of copper, used in buildings, pipes and power generators.
To contact the reporter for this story: Tan Hwee Ann in Melbourne at hatan@bloomberg.net (hatan@bloomberg.net)

seaosh
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
But the article is from Feb 16.

STRAT
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
But the article is from Feb 16.Opps :(:(:mad: LOL

STRAT
09-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Ann today. 50.888 opies converted earning FNT 11k in revenue. If I was FNT I think I would have prefered to keep that to myself :p

gisborne_gold
20-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Trading halt on Thursday, lifted last night, trading resumes today.

Announcement yesterday: "Conceptual mining study shows the Kody copper-gold-molybdenum deposit to be a robust project and Frontier commits to a bankable feasibility study."

Sounds like good news for Frontier and shareholders.

STRAT
20-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Trading halt on Thursday, lifted last night, trading resumes today.

Announcement yesterday: "Conceptual mining study shows the Kody copper-gold-molybdenum deposit to be a robust project and Frontier commits to a bankable feasibility study."

Sounds like good news for Frontier and shareholders.I got out a few weeks ago. It all got too scarey for me. The market seems to share my sentiments today. All those option holders talking it up on HC look screwed now. Still, nothing ventured nothing.... you know how it goes. Read the ann carefully though. These guys have a rep for pumping out positive spin shall we say:D

shasta
05-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I got out a few weeks ago. It all got too scarey for me. The market seems to share my sentiments today. All those option holders talking it up on HC look screwed now. Still, nothing ventured nothing.... you know how it goes. Read the ann carefully though. These guys have a rep for pumping out positive spin shall we say:D

Thought i'd resurrect this old chest nut, with today's update...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FNT&E=ASX&N=419968

OutToLunch
25-03-2011, 08:57 PM
It looks like FNT might be on a roll with their Andewa project, not to mention the other prospective ground currently being explored at Ok Tedi's cost under their very attractive JV arrangement. Today's announcement (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110325/pdf/41xngqxkzwff3s.pdf) re. soil sampling giving confirmation of gold in correlation with their recent geophysical results at Andewa looks very positive. Drilling is set to begin in late May. Capital raising coming soon which might hold the share price back in the short term, might be a buying opportunity depending on how the CR is structured and whether the ordinary punter gets to have a go at it.

dragonz
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
good to see the ordinary punter gets to participate for a discounted (to currant shareprice) price @ 23 cents. Well done management. I dont hold any but might put an order in for 20cents on the hope that the price dips on the 1st May.

Joshuatree
14-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Some good gold drill hits in Stormont Tasmainia .

OutToLunch
14-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Saw that just now. Still early days but this looks like more excellent news for Frontier. Good gold grades, good correlation to magnetic susceptibility and close to surface. Sounds like they could eventually prove up a sizeable resource here too.

denpal
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
FNT has broken the minor downtrend line, could be worth a look now. Resistance around 18c being the bigger downtrend line and is also the 50% Fib.