PDA

View Full Version : private banking/investment wisdom

boatie
04-07-2007, 05:15 AM
What suggestions/experiences do forum persons have regarding firms who can supply to a NZ resident genuine quality advice on investment/tax/currency/legal and trust issues/international options etc etc.

shasta
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Boatie

Any of the Big 4 Chartered Accounting firms (PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloittes) should be able to do that, they all have financial planning divisions.

Alternative some smaller niche brokers may have an alliance with a certain accounting/tax/legal adviser as well.

I would look into them & be billed based on time & effort expended than pay high brokerage & commission fees that Sharebrokers, & Fund Managers charge, & usually with a conflict of interest, & low performance bonuses.

Look for transparency, where any investment advice given isn't directly benefitting a promoter up front for pushing into there "new" investments.

Hope this helps...;)

boatie
09-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks Shasta. Will try a couple. Yes - I seek international quality advice - not the usual group of local funds to invest in. I have been trying along banking lines mainly the international Banks with limited success - they mainly say "we do - but not in NZ".
Searched Web for those viewed as "best" "personal bankers" style -. UBS rated but not here. There are also many USA based organisations.
Will try the CAs,

shasta
09-07-2007, 06:21 AM
I previously spent many years at Pricewaterhousecoopers, give them a try...

Crypto Crude
09-07-2007, 01:40 PM
boatie,
tell them you have had dealings with Shasta...
and they will give you sharp discounts...
:D
.^sc

CJ
16-07-2007, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by shasta

Boatie

Any of the Big 4 Chartered Accounting firms (PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloittes) should be able to do that, they all have financial planning divisions.
PwC charges on a time and cost basis, I beleive, not on trailing commissions or % of funds. Works best if you have a lot to invest.

shasta
16-07-2007, 07:47 PM
CJ

Thats right they do & unlike brokers/fund managers it is transparent & reflects the scope of work carried out.

Though you would need probably 200k to make it worth while...