PDA

View Full Version : AZS-- AZURE MINERALS LIMITED

Underlord
05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Morning

I'm a Bit slow off the mark on this one as just had a run....still imo worth a look. just raised 3 mill for drilling program and are into silver,lead,iron ore ...really whatever they can find.

Already have had some interesting results..I am not a holder as yet but will do a little more home work and go from there

Underlord
05-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Just found this on HC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azures zinc lure promises Mexican blue skies
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...005200,00.html

AH MEXICO, a land of endless tequila parties, tacos and fun-loving gringos.

And possibly a ginormous zinc deposit owned by a junior explorer which, for now, calls West Perth its home.

A little over two weeks ago you would have been able to pick up Azure Minerals shares for around 9.5 cents.

Today, you're looking at upwards of 20 cents a share to fill a buy order.

The kicker for the share price was in June was the outstanding assay results from its wholly-owned La Providencia project near Sonora, Mexico.

Surface sampling returned zinc grades of up to 45.4 per cent, 4.81 grams of gold per tonne, 0.95 per cent copper, 5.3 per cent lead and 532g/t of silver.

Not bad at all and it is no real surprise that the news sent the share price surging.

It's still very early days, but Azure is suggesting Providencia has the same style mineralisation and capacity to be ranked alongside those in the Santa Eulalia mining district.

Over three centuries up to 2001, the Santa Eulalia district yielded more than 450 million ounces of silver and massive amounts of lead and zin and was deemed the world's largest known "carbonate replacement deposits".

But in nearology terms (you know, that useful technique peculiar to the mining industry to indicate just how important a mine could be based on what the neighbour is doing), Azure - and remember, we are only talking about the results of a brief surface sampling expedition - believes La Providencia could be like Colibri Resource's Ramard Project.

Ramard has returned results including 4.5m at 158gpt of gold, 10.8 per cent zinc and 2.6 per cent lead.

Heady stuff.

But let's stress again, none of Azure's Mexico holdings, some of which are in a joint venture with Toronto-listed Geoinformatics Exploration, have been evaluated by modern exploration methods.

That's probably why it raised $3 million through Patersons and Foster Stockbroking through a placement of 20 million shares at 15c a share.

"This raising will allow us to maintain the momentum through further exploration success and project acquisition," newly-appointed Azure chairman Tony Rovira said.

Curiously, Azure also said when it announced the share placement that "further exploration and drilling" at La Providencia returned exactly the same results as the initial sampling.

So where does that leave Azure?

Is it just another in the long line of juniors to post amazing initial results which stun the market into action, or is this more hope than hype?

Tony Rovira is in Mexico as Daily Assay pens this tome. So he can't be contacted for comment, except via email.

Which is what Daily Assay has done. Stay tuned.

Underlord
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Still watching this one and waiting for it to come back a bit but no retrace so far infact just keeps climbing up another 6 cents to 25 since noting it here on ST.....Bugger[V]

stevo1
17-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I have been looking for some time for exposure to a junior explorer not in production but with really good prospective properties in a govt mining friendly country(outside of Australia )with relatively small sovereign risk.
ASZ seem to have had some very good drill results
Gold.copper,zinc,silver moly
Market cap a minnow at 14.3 million.
Speculative,and certainly not without risk.
I have entered at 6.6cps intending to hold for long term.
Anyhow here is their website
http://www.azureminerals.com.au/
better than holding US dollars under any circumstances and they have survived the market meltdown so the management are possibly quiet competent.

stevo1
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
There appears to be some interest in AZS coming thru however in their quarterly activities report they only have $820k in cash .Capital raisng?But still looking very promising into the future

Azure entered into an exploration joint venture over the San Eduardo project with Australian copper miner, OZ Minerals Ltd.
Joint venture with Kiska Metals terminated and 7 projects transferred to 100% Azure ownership.
Azure has received approaches from several Canadian companies expressing interest in joint venturing or purchasing some of the Companys non-core projects. Azure is currently evaluating these proposals.
San Eduardo Joint Venture
OZ Minerals Ltd may earn a 70% interest in Azures 100%-owned San Eduardo project by sole-funding US$13 million over 8 years.
An initial budget of US$300,000 will fund exploration activities for 2010.
Field work comprising aeromagnetics, surface mapping and sampling commenced in late April. This will be followed up by an IP survey and diamond drilling.
La Tortuga Joint Venture
JOGMEC may earn a 51% interest in Azures wholly-owned La Tortuga and Los Nidos properties by sole-funding US$3 million expenditure over 3 years.
JOGMEC have confirmed implementation of the third earn-in period with an exploration budget of US$500,000 for 2010.
Diamond drilling program is scheduled to commence mid-year.

Promontorio
An intensive diamond drilling program to extend the Promontorio deposit and to test gold mineralised epithermal veins systems at Creston Colorado and Cascada prospects has been designed and is awaiting governmental approvals. "
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010043...rwn3nznxzs.pdf

stevo1
04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Shareprice up 25% yesterday on 13.5% on turnover of shares on issue now trading halt.Capitol raising

airedale
30-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Might be time to look again at AZS. Last week they posted a very encouraging report.
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?4954-AZS-AZURE-MINERALS-LIMITED&highlight=azs

montana
18-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Is anyone holding Azure?

Their future looks reasonably promising, and now sems like a great time to buy in if you haven't already. Worth a punt I reckon!

stevo1
18-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Is anyone holding Azure?

Their future looks reasonably promising, and now sems like a great time to buy in if you haven't already. Worth a punt I reckon!

Hi Montana I did own them BUT although their prospects seemed quite bright the sovereign risk (not from government but from drug cartels crime) made me think again so sold out at a profit.Alos the risk appetite for small speck stocks seems to have deminished somewhat.Still have them for stockpicking comp though

airedale
18-07-2012, 09:17 PM
The last ann was in May when they announced a new gold/silver/copper vein.Since then no results of any further tests.
At this stage it still looks like a gamble. Montana might know something. Any news, Montana?

airedale
18-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I topped up on these at 1.8 cents when they passed the hat round at the end of last year. Up 14 % today to 6.2 cents. Nice end to the week.

stevo1
21-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I topped up on these at 1.8 cents when they passed the hat round at the end of last year. Up 14 % today to 6.2 cents. Nice end to the week.
Well done airdale now at 6.8 cps.I guess the trick is now when to sell.
I didnt pick them this year for comp .The sovereign risk put me off owning again but they do have some good ground.

airedale
21-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Steve, there may be some sovereign risk in Mexico but it has a long track record as a mining explorer/producer and has attracted the big mining companies. So they would not be there if it was too risky. Not that AZS is a big company.
AZS also have a partnership with Jogmec? who are a Japanese government agency. So risky ? yes. Sovereign risk ? not too much {I hope}.