PDA

View Full Version : URA-New Mexico URANIUM YEEHAW!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

scorp57
28-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Ura, now has a market cap of around 18 million. way too cheap for a company with as much potential.

yes they haven't pulled off there projects on time, and it is still speculative at this point, however, there comes a time when a company is just too cheap.

i beleive this is similar to PDN in 2004 around the 10 cent mark.

i am expecting some sort of news this year, that will again see them climb to new highs.

any news at all will create wealth for shareholders, especially those of us who bought in at 35 cents a few weeks back.

shasta
28-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Scorp

Totally agree

Pilbram has given us the inside running into Rozna & we are a few months away from finding out about the Ukrainian feasibility studies.

We have a few options on the go now & by the end of the year we will secure something in the Czech Republic, as well as mining in the Ukraine.

Far too cheap at the moment, IMO.

Disc: Am buying at present, so lets not ramp it up!

scorp57
28-07-2007, 10:09 PM
yeh i am buying more too haha.

Let me ask you though, why do you think the market has sold off such a great company?

Sure Rozna was put on hold, maybe even indefinately, but think off all the other projects. We should find out about the license applications soon also.

I still cannot work out the exact deal with Discovery, have they taken it over or not?

I read an interview with kate hobbs where she said that it had been concluded. that was last year?

STRAT
28-07-2007, 10:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by scorp57

Let me ask you though, why do you think the market has sold off such a great company?

Failure to deliver into expectation. Lack of information and transparency and the abrupt retirement of Michael Kiernan. Fortune favours the brave eh? Im holding too:D

shasta
28-07-2007, 11:28 PM

yeh i am buying more too haha.

Sure Rozna was put on hold, maybe even indefinately, but think off all the other projects. We should find out about the license applications soon also.

I still cannot work out the exact deal with Discovery, have they taken it over or not?

I read an interview with kate hobbs where she said that it had been concluded. that was last year?

The SP is due to Management mishandling info & not disclosing constant updates like the explorers do, but tell me, why would you want secretive info out in the open BEFORE you had signed a deal?

We will get a piece of Rozna, sit back & wait...

OMG - Ok for the last time ever i will explain the Discovery Minerals deal.

Yes, we have an agreement & have paid the $100,000 to keep the option until the end of the year.

We are not handing over 60% of Uran for a Paper Tiger, they need to secure a deal before the transaction is put to shareholders.

Kate Hobbs & Tomas Vana are shareholders of Discovery & both are now in Uran, so effectively we have it already.

Interestingly we arent pursuing deals thru Discovery at the moment but as Uran!

Same as in Kazhastan (sp)- we seemingly arent using Integra anymore...

We will before Xmas get confirmation of feasibility studies on the 2 deposits in the Ukraine & probably something in the Czech republic, whether its Rozna or Brzkov or something else...

Uzbekistan is still in the picture & we never heard why Kate was in Africa.

I'm expecting an out of left field announcement this quarter, that will catch the market unawares ...

Am keeping the faith & putting my money where my mouth is...

The last quarterly gave us the heads up that the Czechs trust Uran & have us in mind.

Fumeux
01-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Great site, down to 31c today. I'm buying :)

shasta
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Had i not bought SRZ yesterday ahead of the ann, i would have topped up some more too.

BTW - the out of left field ann was us getting to process U from nuclear waste at Pilbram (historically the most important U mine in the Czech Republic) & this will be done at Rozna, ring any bells?

Good to see you onboard Fumeux!

STRAT
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fumeux

Great site, down to 31c today. I'm buying :)
Yup and they may get cheaper yet. Its going to be an ugly month I recon

scorp57
01-08-2007, 11:45 PM
i am sitting on 29c. at this stage it would seem that i will get my bid.

shasta
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Strat

What on earth are you trying to say, go research Pilbram & the history of Czech U mining & come back & tell me the ann wasnt a goodun.

URA has a support level fairly robust at 30c, & should it breach it, i'll personally sell off all my NZO & buy everything under 30c!:D

Scorp57 - i might not let you get that & i know some other Uran shreholders that wont either...;)

I will let slip the Ukrainian Govt had declassified the Uranium deposits & so we should be able to announce the tonnage & grades once the red tape has been attended to in Kiev.

STRAT
02-08-2007, 12:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by shasta

Strat

What on earth are you trying to say, go research Pilbram & the history of Czech U mining & come back & tell me the ann wasnt a goodun.
Hi Shasta. I was referring to the market in general and the correction we are experiencing. As URA is in a down trend and the market is taking a hit all over they might get cheaper.:D

STRAT
02-08-2007, 12:32 AM

i am sitting on 29c. at this stage it would seem that i will get my bid.
If its another ugly day tomorrow you just might at that unless Shasta buys em all for 29.5 :DDont have a problem with the ann

shasta
02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
URA holding tight on its support level of 30c.

Strat - to introduce a bit of balance, should it fail support, next level is a very sad looking 21c!

My claim i would buy everything under 30c was in jest based on the fact support should hold!

Will give Uran til 31 March 2008 to get sorted, else i'll be selling & utilising the losses against trading profits to date...

STRAT
03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by shasta

URA holding tight on its support level of 30c.

Strat - to introduce a bit of balance, should it fail support, next level is a very sad looking 21c!

My claim i would buy everything under 30c was in jest based on the fact support should hold!

Will give Uran til 31 March 2008 to get sorted, else i'll be selling & utilising the losses against trading profits to date...
Hope we dont have to wait that long

scorp57
03-08-2007, 02:20 AM
i actually changed to 30c and got more today.

i am confident in the 30c support, however in this sort of market, i never say never.

also got my hands on more AED today. surprise drop

shasta
03-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Well done Scorp57

Strat - we won't, thats just my timeline, i believe this quarter & the one after will reveal all Uran's deals.

We are due some news at anytime this quarter regarding the feasibility studies on the 2 Ukrainian deposits, hence my rational for the support holding at 30c.

Thing is, if your not in Uran when it goes into a trading halt, you will miss out on the "GGG" like surge on re-commencement of trading.

Uran did climb from 75c to 175c very quickly (& fell even quicker than a hot potato), & with little volume should do something similar again.

Even some reasonable news re Pilbram, Brzkov, Uzbek etc should see the SP back around $1.

If we get the "big one" re Rozna, then name your price for Australia's 4th Uranium producer!

scorp57
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
ok well let's get some perspective then,

Say Rozna at this stage is a no go, and we all hope that it still is, what would then be our new timeline for production if we secured the licenses etc etc.

perhaps the recent activities report showed some future cash flow, which is more than enough for me to hold on, but when do we think URA will reach its potential if Rozna doesn't work out?

i would have to say possibly 12 months from now, if they can announce something that is concrete in this quarter.

again i must say, that the market has totally abandoned this stock at this stage, and whoever is buying now, may well just be geniuses. A few large orders in around the 30c mark today too.

Crypto Crude
03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
scorp,

it looked like a quiet URA day to me...

I bought URA the very first trading day this year for my first U investment ever at $1.4 something after Steve Fleming tipped it off.... it was up 10% in 2 hours. that was as good as it ever got, I saw to drop all the way down and I sold out at 50cents and put it into nzood at 10.5cents... and ive made back all the losses and then some...
It has fallen 40% further from my sell price.... it looks cheap as on potential alone ... but, new projects and ideas are coming out all the time and it has got me stumped... eg, you invest into a company for one reason, a project, a cashflow, an announcement, a development and when that announcement never comes then you move on....when they spin new ideas such as the extraction from those chips with uranium content, at some sort of a waste site then you know the company is spinning over new ideas, and catches a new lot of investors, instead of addressing the major company announcements that so dearly need to be discussed in detail...such as Ukraine...
whats up with Ukraine?
shasta, is it still the biggest driver for SP....
[8D]
.^sc

scorp57
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
SC- I can totally understand where you are comming from.

I have watched URA since early december and never bought in. i never buy a stock that is booming, that is just how i operate. however if you bought at 1.4 i understand your frustration with said stock.

i waited and bought a few at 50c,

then alot more at 34c and then yesterday a hell of a lot more at 30 c.

i think that there isnt too much downside for me so i am in a different position. had i bought at highs i would definately be hanging myself right now haha.

i just think there is alot of potential and none of it at all is factored into the current SP.

Crypto Crude
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
scorp,
I wouldnot say Im 'hanging myself' at all, URA had a good story then and it has a good story now... I learnt alot about off the beaten track eastern block Uranium investments... and ive easily made the big returns with a whole bunch of oilers booming for me starting back at PPP about 1.5 years ago...which has enabled me to have a dabble in Uranium at the same time....
[8D]
.^sc

shasta
04-08-2007, 07:12 PM
scorp,

it looked like a quiet URA day to me...

I bought URA the very first trading day this year for my first U investment ever at $1.4 something after Steve Fleming tipped it off.... it was up 10% in 2 hours. that was as good as it ever got, I saw to drop all the way down and I sold out at 50cents and put it into nzood at 10.5cents... and ive made back all the losses and then some...
It has fallen 40% further from my sell price.... it looks cheap as on potential alone ... but, new projects and ideas are coming out all the time and it has got me stumped... eg, you invest into a company for one reason, a project, a cashflow, an announcement, a development and when that announcement never comes then you move on....when they spin new ideas such as the extraction from those chips with uranium content, at some sort of a waste site then you know the company is spinning over new ideas, and catches a new lot of investors, instead of addressing the major company announcements that so dearly need to be discussed in detail...such as Ukraine...
whats up with Ukraine?
shasta, is it still the biggest driver for SP....
[8D]
.^sc

Shrewd

Yes, Ukraine is still the driver over Uran's SP, with the Feasibility studies with Ukratomprom (formally VostGok were the agency handling Uranium) due to commence soon after they have there meeting in September, then we should finally get some details of tonnage, grades etc.

The Ukraine has not had Uranium protocols with foreign companies before, so Uran must wait while the Ukrainians feel there way thru the process...

What will support the SP & in particular the short term is the Czech Republic.

We have Rozna, Brzkov & Pilbram on the horizon & the Czech story is looking much better than it ever has, with Uran starting to get more than just a foot in the door.

Uran tested support at 30c (with some manipulator selling at 29.5c to try & trigger a slide), & has some buy depth returning, so should have a good week coming up.

shasta
09-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Well we dropped below the 30c support line but quickly scrambled back up 3c to end at 32c today. Only 8 trades & 89,000 traded but importantly VWAP at 32c.

Should hold 30c now & watch for the OBV rising before the next ann...

scorp57
09-08-2007, 10:22 PM
i had another order in to increase my holding by another 100,000 today, but didn't get it. actually part of me hopes i don;t get it and there is an announcement soon.

What's your instinct telling you on this shasta? what announcement and when?

shasta
09-08-2007, 10:45 PM
i had another order in to increase my holding by another 100,000 today, but didn't get it. actually part of me hopes i don;t get it and there is an announcement soon.

What's your instinct telling you on this shasta? what announcement and when?

My instinct tells me we won't here about the Ukraine for a while, still a few protocols to sort, but we have Rozna, Brzkov & Pilbram still to come in the Czech Republic, but the good oil is that the next ann will be from left field from Kazakhstan.

From the Uran website...

"Uran Limited is assessing opportunities to acquire or become involved in the development of advanced uranium projects in Kazakhstan."

Currently Kazakhstan is the world’s third largest producer of uranium.

I do get the feeling we will get one good ann & another one straight away & not necessarily in the same country...

STRAT
16-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Yup and they may get cheaper yet. Its going to be an ugly month I reconhow does 16.5 :eek::( We can only hope that trading halt and big ann doesnt come for a wee while yet cause nothing is responding to good news today and I think we are in for more of the same tomorrow

leonchai
16-08-2007, 05:56 PM
How are they going to deveop or acquire any projects, czech, ukraine, kazhakstan or elsewhere, without any cash?? Capital raising at this sp will cause terrible dilution...

Halebop
16-08-2007, 07:48 PM
How are they going to deveop or acquire any projects, czech, ukraine, kazhakstan or elsewhere, without any cash?? Capital raising at this sp will cause terrible dilution...

Welcome to the mining sector.

shasta
16-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Panic everyone, sell, sell, sell, shrewth ....

Leonchai - if you go read up who run Uran & see there backgrounds, you might see a different story.

Go see who Tomas Vana is & where he came from...

Do you really think Uran will have problems getting funding to be Australia's 4th U producer?

And i mean that, forget the explorers with a piece of dirt - they will never mine the stuff & by the time they could, the supply gap will be filled & the price of U won't be economic.

Strat - the irrational market will see buying opprtunity soon & fuel a turn around, for every sell there a buyer seeing the opportunity to pick up cheap stocks, while the panic merchants sell at losses!

I mean really, the US sub prime problem, effects Uran's fundamentals how?

My god some on here are in for a rude awakening when the bears do arrive & stick around!

One piece of news re the Ukraine & we are back over $1, not too mention all the other projects in the pipeline in the Czech Republic & Uzbek/Kaz/Bulgaria, & theres still things in Africa/USA & Australia they havent explained yet!

scorp57
17-08-2007, 01:38 AM
couldnt agree more.

i am taking a directors view of this company. as long as they dont de-list. i am sticking around.

the only thing that gets to me is that people are being allowed to buy this stock way too cheap, and i am out of funds coz i have been buying like mad the last few weeks.

i am a long hold on this stock.

shasta
17-08-2007, 07:04 AM
couldnt agree more.

i am taking a directors view of this company. as long as they dont de-list. i am sticking around.

the only thing that gets to me is that people are being allowed to buy this stock way too cheap, and i am out of funds coz i have been buying like mad the last few weeks.

i am a long hold on this stock.

Scorp

I know a few Uran shareholders who are going to the AGM (October in Perth i think), & consensus is that we will have 2 deals by then.

Kate Hobbs cannot afford to spend another $700k a 1/4 & secure nothing before the meeting!

Interestingly, those i've had contact with, see the order of getting deals as:

1. Kazakhstan - this interests me, as its the 3rd biggest U producer!
2. Czech Rep - Brzkov, Pilbram, Rozna, other applications?
3. Ukraine - We have 2 deposits, but not likely to hear before the election
4. Uzbekistan - I don't know much about these projects

We still have Bulgaria, Africa, USA etc as distant possibilities, & i've found a website that states which companies are prospecting for U in the CIS.

Uran is one of two looking at Bulgaria (& the Russians want in)

Uran is one of three prospecting in the Ukraine

Uran is the ONLY company prospecting in the Czech Republic & Diamo want to re-open two more mines...

I now believe we are close to securing deals in the Czech Republic & now believe our first secured project will come from there.

Rozna would be nice, but i'm expecting Pilbram/Brzkov to start the chain reaction.

I was stunned reading that Uran is the only company sniffing around the Czech Republic, especially when the Rozna mine was to be extended!

Perhaps, Tomas Vana is the difference after all! :eek:

scorp57
17-08-2007, 10:14 AM
again i think u are correct and agree.

hard to watch a SP sink like this is all. but like i said i am a long hold on this stock. just annoyed i cant buy any at 18c or perhaps even cheaper (lets hope not)

shasta
21-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Interesting to see someone trying to keep Uran down.

Looked like it would finish around 24.5c & someone selling down a pathetic amount to drop it to 22c.

I thought the ASX/ASIC were stopping the market manipulation by the earlier close?

VWAP was still 23.92c so the downrampers didnt win!

shasta
22-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm sure SP3 won't mind me reposting a link ...this is for the Uran faithful

Spot quiz...find in Uran's anns where it has previously mentioned about "below the 24th floor & you'll start joining the dots that lead to Rozna!"

http://www.diamo.cz/geam/texty/uranium.PDF

The Conclusion is the "key"...

xman
22-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I can not find any JORC resource reserve for URA. Does anyone know any please?

STRAT
23-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm sure SP3 won't mind me reposting a link ...this is for the Uran faithful

Spot quiz...find in Uran's anns where it has previously mentioned about "below the 24th floor & you'll start joining the dots that lead to Rozna!"

http://www.diamo.cz/geam/texty/uranium.PDF

The Conclusion is the "key"...At the end of 2006 Uran were invited by DIAMO to offer a proposal for continued exploration of Ronza below 1200 feet by the 20th of Feb this year. DIAMIO were expected to make a joint venture proposal to the Government that same month.. A decision from the Czech Government as to whether the Ronza mine would be kept open ( previously to be closed next year ) was expected by the end of June. Uran raises 2 million with a share issue for some spending money. On the 20th Feb the Minister of Mining calls for a press conference in two days at Ronza and Uran claim they have no Idea what he will say or what DIAMO’s response will be. :eek: Later that month the minister says he will recommend to Government the mine be kept open and continued exploration below 1200 ft was to be carried out by DIAMO with the door being closed on Uran. But if DIAMO find more U below 1200 ft then some sort of deal would/could be offered to Uran in terms of mining the find. Since then there has been no official news and the share price has dropped from $1.10 to 21.5c.

Am I missing something here Shasta? I must be cause I dont see any hugely positive spin in what I have written :(

My conclusions are
(a) The Czech’s may want to back out of their discussions with Uran as they may be looking for a better offer or may want to go it alone. This leaves two things in Urans favour
(1) European Union Law prevents the Czech Government getting financially involved and DIAMO don’t have the money to develop the mine further if a significant U find is made below 1200ft.
(2) The continued drop in U prices will make it harder for them to find another company to show interest yes/maybe.
(b) Environmental issues are holding up proceedings.
(c) The Czechs don’t have their **** in a pile and are taking longer than expected to complete the survey.
(d) The survey is complete but the results are less than expected.

shasta
23-08-2007, 07:07 AM
At the end of 2006 Uran were invited by DIAMO to offer a proposal for continued exploration of Ronza below 1200 feet by the 20th of Feb this year. DIAMIO were expected to make a joint venture proposal to the Government that same month.. A decision from the Czech Government as to whether the Ronza mine would be kept open ( previously to be closed next year ) was expected by the end of June. Uran raises 2 million with a share issue for some spending money. On the 20th Feb the Minister of Mining calls for a press conference in two days at Ronza and Uran claim they have no Idea what he will say or what DIAMO’s response will be. :eek: Later that month the minister says he will recommend to Government the mine be kept open and continued exploration below 1200 ft was to be carried out by DIAMO with the door being closed on Uran. But if DIAMO find more U below 1200 ft then some sort of deal would/could be offered to Uran in terms of mining the find. Since then there has been no official news and the share price has dropped from $1.10 to 21.5c.

Am I missing something here Shasta? I must be cause I dont see any hugely positive spin in what I have written :(

My conclusions are
(a) The Czech’s may want to back out of their discussions with Uran as they may be looking for a better offer or may want to go it alone. This leaves two things in Urans favour
(1) European Union Law prevents the Czech Government getting financially involved and DIAMO don’t have the money to develop the mine further if a significant U find is made below 1200ft.
(2) The continued drop in U prices will make it harder for them to find another company to show interest yes/maybe.
(b) Environmental issues are holding up proceedings.
(c) The Czechs don’t have their **** in a pile and are taking longer than expected to complete the survey.
(d) The survey is complete but the results are less than expected.

Xman - the feasibility studies in the Ukraine should be known in a month of two.

Strat - Yup your missing it alright, but i'll help ya fill in the gaps...

1. You are right CIS countries are not permitted under EU law to be financially involved in such projects, however agencies like Diamo exist to work with other companies ...

2. Did i not post earlier, Uran are the ONLY company sniffing around in the Czech Republic that have a working relationship with Diamo?

3. Why did we get Brzkov, Venice, Polna etc applications & the interest in Pilbram, when no one else was even considered?

4. Any waste extracted from Pilbram will be processed at ROZNA...

5. Diamo has recommended that Rozna stay open beyond 2008, to mine for further resource, below the 24th floor (& it will take technical expertise to develope & improve the mine to up the poor recovery rate, previously around 30%, as well as find more U308.)

6. TOMAS VANA...????

7. Where in the world are Uran management at present?

8. Go re-read that link again, i think you will be surprised.

STRAT
23-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Xman - the feasibility studies in the Ukraine should be known in a month of two.

Strat - Yup your missing it alright, but i'll help ya fill in the gaps...

1. You are right CIS countries are not permitted under EU law to be financially involved in such projects, however agencies like Diamo exist to work with other companies ...

2. Did i not post earlier, Uran are the ONLY company sniffing around in the Czech Republic that have a working relationship with Diamo?

3. Why did we get Brzkov, Venice, Polna etc applications & the interest in Pilbram, when no one else was even considered?

4. Any waste extracted from Pilbram will be processed at ROZNA...

5. Diamo has recommended that Rozna stay open beyond 2008, to mine for further resource, below the 24th floor (& it will take technical expertise to develope & improve the mine to up the poor recovery rate, previously around 30%, as well as find more U308.)

6. TOMAS VANA...????

7. Where in the world are Uran management at present?

8. Go re-read that link again, i think you will be surprised.Hi Shasta, I get the connection between URA, DIAMO and Vana and I noted the coment re the potential reserves at Brzkov etc. What I dont see in any forgone conclusions regarding Uran and mining at Ronza. Joining the dots I see implies possibilities at best so I guess Im still missing the point???? :o:(

shasta
23-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Well if there was a 100% iron clad agreement/foregong conclusion we would get it, it would have to be announced to the market!.

We are awaiting the Rozna decision along with other applications at the moment, its the Czech Govt holding things up here, NOT Uran.

Another interesting point to note:

It's been 6 months since we have heard ANYTHING re Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan, yet Kate Hobbs has been there several times during that period & is keeping quiet on it.

Yup, Kaz looking good IMO.

DYOR... i have!

STRAT
23-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Well if there was a 100% iron clad agreement/foregong conclusion we would get it, it would have to be announced to the market!.

We are awaiting the Rozna decision along with other applications at the moment, its the Czech Govt holding things up here, NOT Uran.

Another interesting point to note:

It's been 6 months since we have heard ANYTHING re Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan, yet Kate Hobbs has been there several times during that period & is keeping quiet on it.

Yup, Kaz looking good IMO.

DYOR... i have!Cheers, Im doin the best I can

shasta
23-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Cheers, Im doin the best I can

Strat

I have had a wee rethink on Uran...:confused:

We know we wont hear about the Ukraine for a while & i now believe we have too much going on in Czech Republic thats its now slowing Uran down.:(

We will get something there, that much i am sure, but...:cool:

KAZAKHSTAN - will be the bolter & i have the feeling we will get an ann very soon (probably a JV on an advanced mining project):eek:

Am watching various Uranium websites in the former USSR for any "leaks", & my daily czech of the Uran website for changes/subtle hints...

Keep an eye on the Uran SP & volume over the next two weeks, who ever has been capping it has gone & finally sod off & the SP should creep up.

All speculation at this point - but i'm happy to stick my neck out, as i believe i am on the right track.

Tok3n
25-08-2007, 09:40 PM
4 more months to prove if they were right..

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20948522-643,00.html

shasta
25-08-2007, 10:44 PM
4 more months to prove if they were right..

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20948522-643,00.html

Uran will have secured at least one project by the time the AGM is held in October.

They have good leads in the Czech Republic (with Pilbram, Brzkov & Rozna) & Kazakhstan, & a host of other opportunities in Uzbekistan & Bulgaria (+ USA & Africa?), plus the 2 deposits we already have in Ukraine.

I've posted plenty in this thread & stand by every comment!

Tok3n
25-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I hope for them they do annouce something, other wise they'll get lynched by their holders at the AGM :).

shasta
25-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I hope for them they do annouce something, other wise they'll get lynched by their holders at the AGM :).

If they havent i might fly to Perth & bitch slap Kate Hobbs myself...haha

Uran is such a bizzare gamble/investment...

No one knew of Rozna until the Czech Govt let slip & the Sp fell around 50%, yet NONE of the SP at that time reflected it (no one knew!)

The now infamous "producing in 2007" statement was made in relation to the 2 deposits we have in the Ukraine, not Czech Republic/Rozna mine.

Problem being Vostgok the old Ukraine Mining agency has now reformed into Ukratomprom & they are still working through the protocols of dealing with foreign companies.

We will get projects in the Czech Republic, because we are the first & only company the Govt agency Diamo are dealing with!

Hard to believe for sure, but trust me & i've checked officially Uran is the only company in the Czech Republic dealing with Diamo!

We have a very interesting quarter ahead of us...:cool:

scorp57
26-08-2007, 10:12 PM
i think this is the height of irrational investing behavious at the moment.

yes they havent delivered on mining in 2007, but so what? does that mean the company can never mine uranium? or pull off projects in 08 or 09?

again, i am a long hold on these. i am expecting some sort of good news eventually... i actually thought the waste sorting in czech was a good anouncement and application for licenses in bulgaria.

i am ok with how the company is travelling, altho i would rather be better informed. i am just not happy with SP, but thats cant be helped...

shasta
26-08-2007, 10:34 PM
i think this is the height of irrational investing behavious at the moment.

yes they havent delivered on mining in 2007, but so what? does that mean the company can never mine uranium? or pull off projects in 08 or 09?

again, i am a long hold on these. i am expecting some sort of good news eventually... i actually thought the waste sorting in czech was a good anouncement and application for licenses in bulgaria.

i am ok with how the company is travelling, altho i would rather be better informed. i am just not happy with SP, but thats cant be helped...

The delay in getting to the feasibility studies in the Ukraine is entirely the Govt's fault NOT Uran's. The change from VostGok to Ukratomprom caused this & the protocols had to go through there parliament!

It's Uran fault for not updating its shareholders on what it has been spending our $$$ on (& importantly where?)

The "in production" statement was made in 2006 when it looked like the Ukraine were going to allow Uran to do this in the 1st Qtr of 2007.

It now seems the meeting in September will clarify this...

I've heard/seen figures of up to 6 months to get U308 to production, from the Ukrainian advanced mining projects (not sure if this is technically correct though), so i'm thinking 2nd half of 2008, if we secure an advanced mine this Qtr.

Pilbram was a great ann & shows that we are still the "favourable partner" Diamo said we are, & the waste would be processed at Rozna, this is potentially very lucrative to Uran.

I thought the Bulgarian ann was a smokescreen personally, they should be telling us about Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan where they have gone quiet the last 6 months & even there partner "Integra" seem to have "stalled".

The recent $US15/lb drop in the U308 spot rate (now at $US90/lb) should hopefully show the CIS Govt's to get on with it & let Uran start mining now the U308 price has dropped about 40% from its 12 month highs.

The URA SP seems to have stabilised & sentiment in Uranium stocks in general has changed to a more positive vibe, so i think we have hit the bottom & should start creeping up in the knowledge we have news pending this Qtr.

shasta
31-08-2007, 07:16 PM
First Uran ann in donkey's & not a good one folks.

3 out of the 4 applications around Brzkov & Venice were declined, with the 4th application likely to follow suit, no reason provided as to why.

We aren't about chasing applications "to explore" so it doesn't detract from what it is we are after & to be honest the Czech republic was never where i envisaged where we would get our first project from.

Ukraine & Kazakhstan still look the best bet...IMO

Meanwhile WHE is securing more projects over in Europe...DAMN!

scorp57
31-08-2007, 08:15 PM
yes shasta we are getting hammered. to be honest i am not at all impressed but i am sure tehre is alot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about.

still long term hold.

shasta
31-08-2007, 08:27 PM
yes shasta we are getting hammered. to be honest i am not at all impressed but i am sure tehre is alot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about.

still long term hold.

Scorp

I'm not overly disappointed that we didn't get them, rather that the Czechs published the outcome on the 14th August into the pblic domain & Uran didn't.

We haven't heard a thing from either Ukraine or Kaz, because things are going on behind the scenes over there & cannot be released yet.

If Kate doesnt secure SOMETHING tangible by the AGM, theres going to be alot of blood letting (quite a few from H/C are going)

shasta
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Topped up again today, & whoever the fool was that sold them to me @ 19c, cheers!

pago
03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
hi shasta,you could be flogging a dead horse here.ura may be on its way to 16c.what do es ura have?compare blr at 15c with a 3bill jorc ur resource in usa.both are specs but what compelling reason exists to buy ura at 20c?cheers pago

shasta
03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
hi shasta,you could be flogging a dead horse here.ura may be on its way to 16c.what do es ura have?compare blr at 15c with a 3bill jorc ur resource in usa.both are specs but what compelling reason exists to buy ura at 20c?cheers pago

3 billion tonnes/lbs?

I don't think so, try 46m lbs (not bad for a spec)

Grades must be low?

I started off BLR in the "X Club" thread at < 8c & saw it jump past 30c, but in essence it has a big chunk of dirt & is light years away from doing anything with it.

AGS, MTN & DYL are far more advanced than BLR & they will all likely miss the U boom IMO, or at least the current high spot prices.($US90/lb)

Uran HAS 2 deposits in the Ukraine, & are having meetings soon to discuss the "refinements of the protocols" & should be commencing feasilibilty studies very soon...

Uran is still to find out about having involvement in the operational Rozna mine in the Czech Republic.

Uran is also looking into a U project to do with nuclear waste @ Pilbram, where a potentially large tonnage exists (@ grades of up to 5&#37; U308), & where the mining/processing of it would be at Rozna!

We havent heard about the ongoing negotiations in Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan in over 6 months (due in part to the secrecy laws in place), & the good oil is that Kazakhstan is where we will secure our first project/advanced mine.

We didnt get the Brzkov applications, but they were to "explore" & thats NOT what Uran is about...

We have had all sorts of oddball anns & presentation slips, about Africa, USA, Australia & even applications in Bulgaria!

The Qtr starting 1 Oct - 31 Dec will re-define Uran & provide all the answers to both the believers & the doubters.

The chart is ugly, but which U stocks haven't been lashed?

IMO Uran is a better buy than BLR @ 20c.

BLR could double on shoring up a few million extra lbs/drill results, but...

Uran will do what GGG did (& much more) if/when Pilbram/Rozna/Kaz etc is announced.

Uran's Market Cap is probably now < $20m?

Bit of a rollercoaster ride, from GWE @ 10c to URA @ $1.75 & back to 20c

DYL/AGS have Market Caps > $400m + & have big pieces of dirt with some U308 in it...

PDN as a "producer" has a market cap in the billions...

Potential upside for Uran is ....?:eek:

Yes, i'm bullish on Uran & buying at these levels, but bring this thread back up at Xmas & lets see where URA v BLR are & what there shareprices are...

PS - Those who subscribe to Minenews will have read Kate Hobbs is still very bullish on Uran too, anyone here subscribe?

DYOR

pago
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
hi shasta,blr $3 bill jorc resource.forget blr,only a comparision in a out of favour ur sector,what about ura?i see 16c.all hot air and promises,what a shocking graph.no resource, only promises,no delivery on past promises.cant see why you see upside,cheers pago.

steve fleming
03-09-2007, 10:40 PM
3 billion tonnes/lbs?

I don't think so, try 46m lbs (not bad for a spec)

Grades must be low?

I started off BLR in the "X Club" thread at < 8c & saw it jump past 30c, but in essence it has a big chunk of dirt & is light years away from doing anything with it.

AGS, MTN & DYL are far more advanced than BLR & they will all likely miss the U boom IMO, or at least the current high spot prices.($US90/lb)

Shasta, BLR, AGS & MTN are all currently undertaking production scoping studies, so pretty much all at same level of advancement.

If BLR can utilise the Cannon City mill, they will easily beat AGS & MTN to production.

While previously bullish on URA, i agree with Pago, how can you possibly have the slightest bit of confidence in URA management and their ability to bring Ukraine into production, in the event that the Ukraine is still a goer?....thats not to say they can't, its just to me, they have done everything a public company should not do.

shasta
03-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Shasta, BLR, AGS & MTN are all currently undertaking production scoping studies, so pretty much all at same level of advancement.

If BLR can utilise the Cannon City mill, they will easily beat AGS & MTN to production.

While previously bullish on URA, i agree with Pago, how can you possibly have the slightest bit of confidence in URA management and their ability to bring Ukraine into production, in the event that the Ukraine is still a goer?

I see others on ST buy into Michael Kiernan's companies?

We still have the right people & contacts to get deals in the CIR, something other companies don't have?

As i've said before on this thread, do any of you know who Tomas Vana is?

Agree though Steve, Uran has been beaten, bloodied & left for dead by its mute management...

Secure just one project & all shall be forgiven!

scorp57
05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
i agree.

I also think that when times seem that they cant get any worse, that is when things turn around. Shasta is right about the exploration licenses. Sounds like it was a cheap ploy to give the market something. We are all awaiting one of the projects to go ahead. Then i think it will be liftoff.

If it doesnt happen, well hey at least we have all had a go... and sometimes in life, you have to have a go or you miss out.

Shasta- I hope your right. I am hanging in there with ya.

shasta
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
i agree.

I also think that when times seem that they cant get any worse, that is when things turn around. Shasta is right about the exploration licenses. Sounds like it was a cheap ploy to give the market something. We are all awaiting one of the projects to go ahead. Then i think it will be liftoff.

If it doesnt happen, well hey at least we have all had a go... and sometimes in life, you have to have a go or you miss out.

Shasta- I hope your right. I am hanging in there with ya.

Yup, some people look before they leap & others are already in the water enjoying it! :D

Better to regret something you did, than something you didnt do, right?

As per the last quarterly our Ms Kate Hobbs is in Ukraine for the meeting to sort out the feasibility studies., a successful outcome on this alone will propel the SP back over $1.:eek:

When you compare the Uran market cap to those spec's with a piece of dirt, the mind boogles what Uran will do WHEN it secures a project.

Scorp - I back myself & my research & know i will be proven right in the next quarter (Oct - Dec).

I will be unbearable should we secure a project, saying "i told you so" :D

Uran sub 20c = tasty & Shasta wants more, meanwhile keeping the patienta.

scorp57
14-09-2007, 12:26 AM
any ideas on todays moves shasta? i'm spewin, i'm the guy sittin on 70,000 at 18.5c...

STRAT
14-09-2007, 10:00 AM
any ideas on todays moves shasta? i'm spewin, i'm the guy sittin on 70,000 at 18.5c...Hi Scorp, If you you mean the bid of 70000 at 18.5c I dont think it will get em today

shasta
14-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Scorp, If you you mean the bid of 70000 at 18.5c I dont think it will get em today

Try at 30c if you want that volume - you wont get them that cheap ever again...

Watch for the left field ann...:D

shasta
14-09-2007, 10:48 AM
so do you think the annoucement will be today or later this month?

Who knows...

Its just that there has been alot of articles featuring Uran in both the Czech & Russian press, & given the team are over that way, IMO there must be something imminent?

Whether its good or bad - i dont know?

shasta
14-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I tossing up if I should jump on the train?.... if its bad news the shares will plunge again.... but I guess if it is good.... these could hit $1+......

Im betting the news will be good

Jump onboard - train is taking off ...soon :cool:

scorp57
14-09-2007, 08:31 PM
not time to pull out the bubbly yet boys... but i am impressed with the movements so far...

hell here's hoping we see $1+!!

shasta
14-09-2007, 08:36 PM
not time to pull out the bubbly yet boys... but i am impressed with the movements so far...

hell here's hoping we see $1+!!

Oh we will & much much more, the question is WHEN...

The quarter starting 1 Oct - 31 Dec is the big one for Uran.

scorp57
14-09-2007, 10:08 PM
shasta- it has been a pleasure to hold this stock with you. even though i dont want to sound too anxious as nothing has actually happened yet (that we are aware of)

as i said earlier, i am so dissapointed about missin out on the extra 70,000. i was actually gonna just put em at 20c the next day... too late now... you win some you lose some...

shasta
14-09-2007, 10:17 PM
shasta- it has been a pleasure to hold this stock with you. even though i dont want to sound too anxious as nothing has actually happened yet (that we are aware of)

as i said earlier, i am so dissapointed about missin out on the extra 70,000. i was actually gonna just put em at 20c the next day... too late now... you win some you lose some...

Uran is heading back past $1 - buy some on Monday @ 30c & be happy.

I wouldnt be worried about a few cents...

Ukraine ann cant be far away...:rolleyes:

Fumeux
15-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Bought at 32c, watched it go down to 16. Back in the Green, thank F*** :)

shasta
15-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Bought at 32c, watched it go down to 16. Back in the Green. Thank F***

How about the "sophisicated investors" that were offered a placement at 90c.?

Or, those that bought in over $1?

We have a busy next 6 weeks with the following info due:

Annual report & AGM

End of Sept Qtr - out end of Oct (Cashflow report is important)

Brzkov Applications - Appeal process

Pilbram - Trial separation results*

Ukraine - Outcome from the meeting regarding implementation of the protocol

Rozna???

God knows what other "left field" ann we could get, ie Uran in discussions to mine Uranium on the moon? :D

So far NOT a single project mentioned has actually been "lost", & Brzkov failed first up, but i believe for more technical reasons.

Rozna will hopefully still play a part, & if we have some involvement in reopening a mine in the Pilbram area*, the trial separation/U resource definition becomes a potential company maker project.

I believe the Pilbram project alone is worth $1 to Uran, & if the Czech articles are correct we may have Diamo's permission to reopen the Pilbram mine, historically most of the CR Uranium has come from there.

Even the Czech locals are supportive of it, so environmental concerns wont hold Uran back.

Still, the best bet for Uran is the Ukraine & i believe this project (with the 2 deposits) would be worth $2 to Uran.

The SP & volume has been creeping back up, indicating traders are coming back into play ahead of these anns.

Those holding keep the patienta, if we get anything good we will immediately go into a Trading Halt.

Interesting times between now & end of Oct, i'll be accummulating a few more along the way...:cool:

DYOR

Fumeux
15-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, I didn't invest more than I was prepared to lose. Nonetheless, much reading of Zen literature and creative ways of living without money ensued.

URA.ASX made me a better man!

shasta
17-09-2007, 06:32 PM
stalling a little today...... still up... but might need some good news to keep pushing upwards?

Near to close & its held its gains from last week & currently 1.5c up @ 34c.

Volumes still low but appears its been accummulated by an individual not wanting to push the SP up too soon...

If we get any good news it will go straight into a trading halt!

scorp57
17-09-2007, 09:19 PM
i sure do hope there is some good news that some one knows about. surely the share price couldnt rise like that purely due to market sentiment turnaround. in fact i am sure this is not the case.

there is somethin on the horizon, something big, and whoever knows about it is trying to do this in such a way that it doesnt look too suspicious...

shasta
17-09-2007, 09:47 PM
i sure do hope there is some good news that some one knows about. surely the share price couldnt rise like that purely due to market sentiment turnaround. in fact i am sure this is not the case.

there is somethin on the horizon, something big, and whoever knows about it is trying to do this in such a way that it doesnt look too suspicious...

There are definitely games going on here, someone has been buying in 5,000 - 10,000 chunks during the day...

Off Stockness.com

38 trades today

259,961 volume = 6,841 average transaction

VWAP 33.27c

Closing SP 32.5 (the last trade was for 2,000 shares @ 32.5c, else it would have closed @ 34c)

Someone is manipulating the opening & closing prices to buy/sell on the dips/spikes.

soulman
17-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Could be a tip from the inside trader. Everytime they tip a stock, the stock goes up due to their subscriber.

They've tipped AVX, FXR and many others recently before and everytime, the stock goes up heaps. I supposed maybe a little conflict of interest because they might buy a lot prior to the tip-off and sell after their subscriber scramble for stocks.

Just a reminder to those URA holder, URA was twice as much 5 months ago so if they can fall, they can rise as well as mosteph pointed out.

shasta
17-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Could be a tip from the inside trader. Everytime they tip a stock, the stock goes up due to their subscriber.

They've tipped AVX, FXR and many others recently before and everytime, the stock goes up heaps. I supposed maybe a little conflict of interest because they might buy a lot prior to the tip-off and sell after their subscriber scramble for stocks.

Just a reminder to those URA holder, URA was twice as much 5 months ago so if they can fall, they can rise as well as mosteph pointed out.

At the start of the year they spiked over $1.60 at one point so they are down about 80% from 12 month highs.

I doubt its a tip sheet causing it, but merely those following Uran know there are certain things "expected" within the next 6 weeks...

Would be the most hostile AGM of any company on the ASX, IF Uran don't secure a project before then...(reasons why)

1. Uran IPO'd off there only asset (Nickel company "Great Western Exploration" ASX:GTE), leaving us with no tangible asset(s)

2. We know Uran spent over $700k last quarter & there management/board members have been in the CIS alot of late & no updates! (We still have $5m though)

3. The former chairman (Michael Kiernan) made very bullish statements at the EGM & let skip about an "African" opportunity - which has never been explained.

4. Discovery Minerals deal - still open yet no progress/update

5. Integra was meant to be our link to Kazakhstan & Uzbekistan, & we havent heard anything in over 6 months...(A few on H/C have predicted Kaz as where our first project will come from)

6. Rozna - Progress on these discussions with Diamo?

7. Ukraine - Further delays thru Govt agency VostGok reforming into Ukratomprom & the protocols having to be re-drafted at the same time the Ukraine is holding elections!

8. Pilbram - Waste separation trial, results due (there are articles from the CR on the net referring to the old Pilbram mine to re-open?)

9. Brzkov - Applications were declined are being appealed, why?

10. Lack of communication - Uran have been responsible for a large part of the SP decline due to the way they have treated shareholders & even though they have the PR/Media company "Purple Communications" contracted to them!

It is of concern we learn about opportunities in the CIS from Govt agencies leaking the details & searching these on the net, than from Uran themselves.

Since the last AGM they have had an unsuccessful SPP, a placement to sophisicated investors at 90c (was at a discount to SP at the time), & Michael Kiernan's son was selling down & eventually out, sparking unrest.

The directors have bought very little shares on-market, to reinstill confidence so as you can see, if they don't secure something soon, there will be plenty of bloodletting!

STRAT
18-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi Shasta, Ive been to the odd AGM where blood letting was talked of and should have been the order of the day but once all the angry share holders were there and had their chance to scream and yell they instead stood quietly, mouths closed. :rolleyes:

shasta
18-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Shasta, Ive been to the odd AGM where blood letting was talked of and should have been the order of the day but once all the angry share holders were there and had their chance to scream and yell they instead stood quietly, mouths closed. :rolleyes:

Trust me Uran's AGM will not be friendly if shareholders turn up empty handed!

STRAT
18-09-2007, 03:56 PM
wow...its taking a hammering....

...looks like it may drop back down to sub 20cent. Maybe I will sell now... and buy back in when it has finished its drop.Hardly a hammering and on very light volume.

shasta
18-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Hardly a hammering and on very light volume.

Its down half a cent??????????????? :confused::confused::confused:

Steady on fellas!

Tok3n
18-09-2007, 07:02 PM
lol

250 shares at 32c on close.

shasta
18-09-2007, 07:23 PM
lol

250 shares at 32c on close.

Someone is playing games with the opening/closing share prices & seemingly trading the 10% range...

VWAP 30.87c is a better indication IMO

scorp57
18-09-2007, 08:24 PM
when is the AGM? bought more today Shasta, i am very jealous of your 19c refill though. although i must admit i am holding a fair chunk of this company now haha...

shasta
18-09-2007, 09:30 PM
when is the AGM? bought more today Shasta, i am very jealous of your 19c refill though. although i must admit i am holding a fair chunk of this company now haha...

The AGM is in Perth late October i believe.

Don't be jealous of the 19c top up, Uran needs to get back into the 40's for me to be back in the green!

Will look to buy a few more Uran should it slip below 30c...:D

...and before anyone asks, no it's not me playing with the SP, i only hold a fairly small amount of Uran!

axion
19-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Longest? Not quite yet... just go back 5 announcements and that would be the longest. :P

STRAT
19-09-2007, 11:58 AM
ok... It has been 19 days since uran released any piece of news.... if you look back over their history this is the longest they have gone without an announcement...... If we don't get some news soon... I can see the gains we have made in the last week getting cut off at the knees.uberspec, This stock is illiquid. the price jumps are down to just a few people getting in/out and the odd trader. The current prices are meaningless until the next significant ann is made. When volume goes up and URA is trading strongly on a daily basis then we will know which way it is going. You are reading too much into the price action over the last few weeks IMO

Shasta, interesting avatar. Should we be calling you Darth Death or something now?:D

shasta
19-09-2007, 12:18 PM
uberspec, This stock is illiquid. the price jumps are down to just a few people getting in/out and the odd trader. The current prices are meaningless until the next significant ann is made. When volume goes up and URA is trading strongly on a daily basis then we will know which way it is going. You are reading too much into the price action over the last few weeks IMO

Shasta, interesting avatar. Should we be calling you Darth Death or something now?:D

After Tricha "called" me regarding my "Buffet" quote, i decided a more morbid approach was required, & holding Uran is akin to staring death in the face!

The darkside is sure to come out now...:eek:

Now, back to Uran business...

We have the Uran team all over the show in the CIS, so yes we should be expecting some news "soonish"...

Lets hope its good, Uran's loyalty & persistence in the CR is only second to mine with them!

shasta
19-09-2007, 04:35 PM
reading the last ann from uran.... they say they don't expect the CR deal to go through...

Be careful how you "intrepret" these statements.

Uran has many opportunities in the CR, & the 4 applications around Brzkov were declined because of the Minister for the Environment & the Greens.

The CR Govt are PRO mining & on appeal Uran should have enough support from locals, Diamo & the Govt to overturn these.

Remember don't take your eye off the prize here...

Diamo & Uran have a working relationship & we are the "preferrential partner" to have involvement in the expansion of the Rozna mine.

Pilbram could be the biggie, if we got to re-open the Pilbram mine (Diamo wants to), & we are currently doing the Nuclear Waste separation trial.

IF, we got the go ahead, the waste would be processed at ROZNA.

The Brzkov applications do contain Uranium, & thats why they are being appealed, but based on environmentally concerns & nothing else.

EVERYTHING Uran has applied for is still a possibility...

shasta
19-09-2007, 05:49 PM
so if they got the go ahead.... what do you think this would do to the share price?

We don't have any grades/tonnage/costs etc, so we can only speculate

But Uran has a very small Market Cap (in some cases around 10&#37; of other spec exploration companies!)

If we got the Pilbram waste separation project by it self, add $1 to the SP.

Add in the re-opening of the Pilbram mine, add another $1?

Rozna would add at least $2 per share

Ukraine deposits (x 2) could be worth - $1 - $2?

The point being, Uran has a Market Cap < $20m, Paladin as a "producer" has a market cap around $5b (or 250 times bigger approx)

Uran as a "producer" @ say 30c & as a 10 bagger, would be at $3 on a Market Cap of <$200m, still way too cheap for a producer.

Look at the market caps of other specs, with U308 in ground, to be dug up over years, treated, mined, infrastructure to be built etc, yet some have market caps that are in the hundreds of millions!

The mind boogles with the potential of Uran securing a project...

Best case i can use as an example, look what GGG did when it came out of a trading halt

STRAT
20-09-2007, 02:05 PM
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070920/pdf/314n32v48yn7cc.pdf

STRAT
20-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't get it..... positive ANN... share price drops..... strange paradox?uberspec, This stock is illiquid. the price jumps are down to just a few people getting in/out and the odd trader. The current prices are meaningless until the next significant ann is made. When volume goes up and URA is trading strongly on a daily basis then we will know which way it is going. You are reading too much into the price action over the last few weeks IMO

This was a significant ann but not thee significant ann

Crypto Crude
20-09-2007, 04:29 PM
uberspec-I don't get it..... positive ANN... share price drops..... strange paradox?

Did that announcement tell you anything that you didnot already know of what the market expects of kazakstan negotiations ..I understand that it maybe a complex proccess of negotiaton and setting it up, but Id consider most of what was said in that announcement to be a given and or previously expected by the market and therefore SP didnot change...
:cool:
.^sc

shasta
20-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Shrewd/Strat/Uberspec

That ann was fantastic & shows that Kazakhstan will be the first project, & its in the 3rd biggest Uranium producing country in the world!

It intends on increasing annual production to 18,000t per annum by 2010, making Kazakhstan the worlds largest producer!

Best bit for mind, previously Integra (link thru Discovery Minerals) were our contact for acquiring projects is Kaz/Uzbek, though now it seems its Uran doing this!

Deposits of 2,400 - 12,000t would be an excellent start for a first project & this ann when digested should spark some interest in Uran, as this puts us well in front of the 150 other "exploration" companies on the ASX.

Approx 2.2lb per kg, & 1000kg per tonne (t) & U308 @ $US90/lb, you do the math?

Expect to see a 50/50 JV with the Kaz Uranium mining agency Kazatomprom, nb the similarity with Urakratomprom (the Ukraine agency?).

Expect Uran to hit 40c+ tomorrow...

STRAT
20-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Expect Uran to hit 40c+ tomorrow...Shasta, a memorandum of understanding is just that, an agreement to work together in the future but the extent of work as yet undetermined or specified. While a positive ann without doubt I cant see the market responding to this degree and if they were to it would have been today I would have thought

shasta
20-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Shasta, a memorandum of understanding is just that, an agreement to work together in the future but the extent of work as yet undetermined or specified. While a positive ann without doubt I cant see the market responding to this degree and if they were to it would have been today I would have thought

Have you checked the ASX recently? :D

scorp57
20-09-2007, 06:21 PM
thats what i've been waiting for. this shows that there is material value, which should turn the direction of the share price around. even if it doesnt race, think of the market cap???

do the math. great announcement

shasta
20-09-2007, 06:26 PM
thats what i've been waiting for. this shows that there is material value, which should turn the direction of the share price around. even if it doesnt race, think of the market cap???

do the math. great announcement

Latest "info" says the Ukraine ann is imminent...:eek:

STRAT - Uran finished up 11c @ 39.5c, my 40c prediction for tomorrow seems a tad absurd now...

Those that doubt my research go back to my 9/8/07 post re Kaz...

Ukraine ann is not far off, if we get it tomorrow look out SP!

STRAT
20-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Have you checked the ASX recently? :DHave now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and perhaps I should add :o

shasta
20-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Have now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and perhaps I should add :o

Up 38.6% for the day, not bad? :p

STRAT
20-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Up 38.6% for the day, not bad? :pThat'll teach me for taking my eye off the ball. Ann came out at 11:30am and last time I looked before just now was 3:00pm. At that time there had been no reaction to the ann at all. Volume is still lite though. I will be even happier when I see some volume

shasta
20-09-2007, 07:46 PM
That'll teach me for taking my eye off the ball. Ann came out at 11:30am and last time I looked before just now was 3:00pm. At that time there had been no reaction to the ann at all. Volume is still lite though. I will be even happier when I see some volume

Increased volume in Uran will only mean more day traders entering & more SP games...

I havent bought or sold any & dont intend to, would rather those holding Uran had a longer term focus

STRAT
20-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Increased volume in Uran will only mean more day traders entering & more SP games...

I havent bought or sold any & dont intend to, would rather those holding Uran had a longer term focusTrue but daytrader action does bring the stock back onto everyones radar creating new invester interest. yes/no?

shasta
20-09-2007, 07:57 PM
True but daytrader action does bring the stock back onto everyones radar creating new invester interest. yes/no?

Strat

As you know once a stock becomes a "hotcopper stock", its usually high time to get out...

Already i've noticed alot of "johnny-come-latelys" crawling out from under there rocks...

It's unwanted attention & to be honest i see it as a negative as it brings in "rampers" & "downrampers" & facts seem to go by the wayside

STRAT
20-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I would suggest that most people who buy and sell on the Stock Market wouldnt even look at these sites. HC in particular.

shasta
20-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I would suggest that most people who buy and sell on the Stock Market wouldnt even look at these sites. HC in particular.

Uran is so far off the radar i would say its just a few off these kind of sites holding it!

STRAT
20-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Uran is so far off the radar i would say its just a few off these kind of sites holding it!Thats my point, volume along with a price rise will bring it onto those radars where URA is being priced by the market rather than a few die hards and the odd HC day trader

shasta
20-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Thats my point, volume along with a price rise will bring it onto those radars

I hope your right, increased volume (OBV) would trigger further buy signals for Uran, although the spike today has done that!

Lets hope it continues on it merry way through the 40's tomorrow

STRAT
20-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I hope your right, increased volume (OBV) would trigger further buy signals for Uran, although the spike today has done that!

Lets hope it continues on it merry way through the 40's tomorrowWith a turnover of only 350k shares today, Shasta fans alone could be responsible for the spike :D The next ann will do the trick eh?:cool:

rev
20-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice observation Shasta, if you can go back through the HC records, you'll see a lot of those "johnny-come-latelys" where very early IN on the play, (Oct 06 through to Jan 07), and then having sold out near the highs (anywhere between ~120 - 168c), and have re-entered in the last three weeks, hence the flashmob appearing there now.

STRAT
20-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice observation Shasta, if you can go back through the HC records, you'll see a lot of those "johnny-come-latelys" where very early IN on the play, (Oct 06 through to Jan 07), and then having sold out near the highs (anywhere between ~120 - 168c), and have re-entered in the last three weeks, hence the flashmob appearing there now.Hi rev, A few of em were in early, out late and rather sour on it too

shasta
20-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi rev, A few of em were in early, out late and rather sour on it too

See the buyer wanting 500k though?

Why show your hand so early on...

Something is up & its big* :eek:

The buyer soaked up as much as they could & then lifted the price to market (it appears anyway)

Expect a buy up early in trading tomorrow.

I think the buyer is pre-empting the Ukraine ann due out any time now.

Prediction:

Volume to exceed 1m tomorrow the SP to hit 50c & close around 45c.

All these go out the window if we hear from Ukraine...

We are in for one hell of a ride tomorrow folks...:eek:

STRAT
20-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Prediction:

Volume to exceed 1m tomorrow the SP to hit 50c & close around 45c.

1m+ Now that would have me :D:D:Ding.

shasta
20-09-2007, 10:08 PM
...well..... this stock is definitelt an interesting one to hold.... lets hope for 50c+ tomorrow

Don't get carried away & be giving any shares away under $1 will you?

Wait a week...:rolleyes:

shasta
20-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I want to ride this one to $10+.... maybe dreaming a little bit...

Lets get a couple of projects & a market cap deserving of a near producer first aye?

I mean to finance any project, we will be heavily dilluted with just 40m odd shares on issue.

Are we a chance to do a Paladin, probably not time will tell.

Are we going to beat the 150 other "wannabe explorers", well im betting on it & Uran becoming the 4th Australian Uranium producer, albeit on a much smaller scale.

My initial SP target is $2 before 31 March 2008.

In reality we could be $0.20 or $5 at that point :confused:

STRAT
21-09-2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070921/pdf/314ns3rfgtwbb6.pdf

STRAT
21-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't get this share thing...... 2 days of great news updates.... and we get stale share movement..... and now its bombing...???Dont worry mate, You will get the hang of it eventually :D

soulman
21-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Uber, sounds like you just started out. A rookie. STRAT sums it all up, the more you see, the more you'll understand. I am still learning. A day to learn, a lifetime to master. Just like poker.

My summary for URA this week, the old saying, buy on rumour, sell on fact. Insider trading very much in favour with URA. They bought in the 20's and selling to other specs for high 30's. Good eating. Don't forget for a small stocks, directors of URA do have brothers, sisters, cousins, in-laws, wife for them to tip them off to earned a few bucks to spend for the weekend. It doesn't take much to move URA.

What now is the volume today. A lot of buyer, yet a lot of willing sellers. I can see URA goes to plenty if specs are back in style after this market comeback, because the fear has been alleviated and they are more comfortable taking risk again on specs uranium play.

Fumeux
21-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Dont worry mate, You will get the hang of it eventually :D

I'm a rookie too, but I can see that the majority of the drop today was on tiny volume! Uber, stay away from CFDs. Oh how they lure you with their promise of amplified gains...

shasta
22-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Nice Pilbram results & the SP goes south?

Games are being played here & the SP is being manipulated - this is NOT a stock for the the weak hearted.

Someone wants in & bad thought not wanting to pay for it...

shasta
22-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Those new to Uran, keep the patience, i'm happy to elaborate on there projects for those in doubt.

The real announcements are yet to be made...

UKRAINE folks, thats what will propel us past the other Uranium specs

The Pilbram Waste trial was IMO a very successful outcome for Uran, & the trial needs to be extended to define the size & scope of the waste.

The fact the costs are offset by the sale of the gravel by product is encouraging.

Not a huge project by any means but potentially a very profitable one for Uran.

shasta
24-09-2007, 02:02 PM
correct guys.... I am a novice at the sharemarket..... uran is literially my first major buy.... have dabbled a bit in other companies.... came out with small profits which was good.

Do you think being in Uran is a little to high risk for a novice...? Also what do you think the chances of it dropping back to 20cents are?

cheers

Uberspec

Uran is extremely high risk v high reward...just have a look at the chart over the last year!

Im still bullish on it & have done my research & am comfortable with my holding, having said that i have other better performing shares!

Chances are that Uran will either be $2 or 20c by Xmas, & i may at any stage buy/sell/reduce/take profits (although i do disclose what i hold)

If you bought into Uran on the back of my postings, i hope you do well along with me, but just know i'm by far, more a trader than investor, & am happy to take a loss, or sit on them, as i see fit.

Uran fits my "criteria" of an undervalued company, with cash, & huge potential. It will either be the best or worse performing "U" coy in 2007.

If things dont pan out in the Ukraine, the fundamentals would have changed for me.

As always DYOR, or follow mine :D

scorp57
24-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Shasta- Just re-read the Kazakh announcement. IMO it is a massive step forward for any company let alone one as small as URA. Cameco would have once released something to the market saying exactly the same thing, and i am sure that this is an open door that will allow this company to become quite large. now If any of the other projects come through, this will propel them alot in the short term, but as things develop over time with this Kazakh agreement, this company could become very large and very profitable for all involved...

once again i beleive the market isn't trusting this announcement or just aren't reading it properly...

and i would have to also say that on this news i would find it very hard to sell my holding even at $2... the future looks alot brighter at this stage, and i can understand why URAN have spent so much time setting this up.

shasta
26-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Shasta- Just re-read the Kazakh announcement. IMO it is a massive step forward for any company let alone one as small as URA. Cameco would have once released something to the market saying exactly the same thing, and i am sure that this is an open door that will allow this company to become quite large. now If any of the other projects come through, this will propel them alot in the short term, but as things develop over time with this Kazakh agreement, this company could become very large and very profitable for all involved...

once again i beleive the market isn't trusting this announcement or just aren't reading it properly...

and i would have to also say that on this news i would find it very hard to sell my holding even at $2... the future looks alot brighter at this stage, and i can understand why URAN have spent so much time setting this up.

I agree & i know of a Uran shareholder whose over in Kaz, apparently a very progressive, friendly place to be mining & not as much red tape.

Looks good for Uran over there to get involved with other projects.

Remember the resource market in Australia is primarily about speculators trying to spin PR about drill results every 3 months, the fact Uran doesnt have a JORC resource keeps it off the radar.

The market doesnt understand Uran can be up & mining in 6 - 9 months in the Ukraine/Czech Rep or Kaz, whereas NO Australian company could short track the elongated process of U mining in Oz.

We are after "advanced projects" & Pibram shows this, we literally just have to transport the waste to Rozna & crush/process it!

shasta
26-09-2007, 06:55 PM
To me... after reading through this.... it would seem the projects are a long way off... I can't imagine the Ukraine going through this year after reading this.... thoughts?

Uberspec

The annual report tells us far less than the last quartely did!

The glossy & colourful Annual Report does nothing except provide newcomers with some background of the countries we are already in.

I totally disagree we are "far off", & will instead tell you we are "very close" to hearing about Ukraine...

Uran's management & technical people have been over there for discussions recently (still there?), & i don't believe the Chairman needs to be over there to get a "no" answer...

Keep the patienta :cool:

scorp57
26-09-2007, 08:58 PM
i actually thought the annual report was good. It was honest and not misleading, however as shasta pointed out there were hints in there...

i especially liked the Ukraine meeting in September was mentioned twice and both times, the paragraph finished abruptly as if they know the outcome but are awaiting confirmation to release to the market...

hell, i've worked in the music industry with major american record labels, it can take a while to get the 100% confirmation on things, even though both parties have already come to an agreement. again as shasta said, patience is definately the key with this company, but the rewards look almost endless...

The discovery minerals takeover should be concluded by december aswell, so taht looks very promising... all of a sudden URA would have 2 advanced mining projects under its belt...

like shasta and myself keep saying, if URA ever comes to the market and says "URAN IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE AQUISITION OF .... WHICH IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES BEFORE PRODUCTION"

you will never see URA under $1 ever again... and i truly beleive that this is an understatement. A mine in production could mean literally 100's of millions of $$$ for URA and with a market cap of 18 million... sky is the limit...

shasta
26-09-2007, 09:41 PM
i actually thought the annual report was good. It was honest and not misleading, however as shasta pointed out there were hints in there...

i especially liked the Ukraine meeting in September was mentioned twice and both times, the paragraph finished abruptly as if they know the outcome but are awaiting confirmation to release to the market...

hell, i've worked in the music industry with major american record labels, it can take a while to get the 100% confirmation on things, even though both parties have already come to an agreement. again as shasta said, patience is definately the key with this company, but the rewards look almost endless...

The discovery minerals takeover should be concluded by december aswell, so taht looks very promising... all of a sudden URA would have 2 advanced mining projects under its belt...

like shasta and myself keep saying, if URA ever comes to the market and says "URAN IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE AQUISITION OF .... WHICH IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES BEFORE PRODUCTION"

you will never see URA under $1 ever again... and i truly beleive that this is an understatement. A mine in production could mean literally 100's of millions of $$$ for URA and with a market cap of 18 million... sky is the limit...

Scorp

It will only take two words to change Uran forever & the end of sub $1 prices ...

..."TRADING HALT..." :D

Remember @ $1 a share & after the Discovery Minerals Pty Ltd deal, Uran would have approx 150m shares on issue & a market cap of $150m.

If Uran had 1,000t of U308 in the Ukraine deposits, thats 1,000,000kg or 2,200,000lbs @ $US85 = $US187,000,000/0.87 AUS/USD = $A215m :eek:

What if the deposits were bigger...:rolleyes:

shasta
01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Scorp

It will only take two words to change Uran forever & the end of sub $1 prices ...

..."TRADING HALT..." :D

Remember @ $1 a share & after the Discovery Minerals Pty Ltd deal, Uran would have approx 150m shares on issue & a market cap of $150m.

If Uran had 1,000t of U308 in the Ukraine deposits, thats 1,000,000kg or 2,200,000lbs @ $US85 = $US187,000,000/0.87 AUS/USD = $A215m :eek:

What if the deposits were bigger...:rolleyes:

What the deuce?

Uran up 3.5c to 39c (with a 250 order for $98 on close).

Small volume but someone was keen to mark the SP into the green?

Ok, who was it, fess up, Scorp? :confused:

scorp57
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
haha nah wasnt me. i actually dont do any trading... more of an investor. but i was dissapointed to see that coz i thought there may have been something goin on behind the scenes... but it would seem that someone is manipulating the closing price...

i guess if they can sell their stake tomoro at 38c now it was worthwhile for them?

i'm still waitin on ukraine announcement

shasta
01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
haha nah wasnt me. i actually dont do any trading... more of an investor. but i was dissapointed to see that coz i thought there may have been something goin on behind the scenes... but it would seem that someone is manipulating the closing price...

i guess if they can sell their stake tomoro at 38c now it was worthwhile for them?

i'm still waitin on ukraine announcement

Arent we all, though i don't mind it being after Pibram, Rozna & Kazakhstan :D.

The Ukraine elections have been good to Uran & we should now be clear to announce something soon...

Ukraine wants to ramp U production & not have Russian involvement, so Uran stands to benefit with participation in "other" projects other there.

Don't think Kate Hobbs is back in Oz yet, & she better not leave the Ukraine without signing & sealing the deal first!

Fingers crossed for a Trading Halt this week ...:eek:

DYOR

shasta
02-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Arent we all, though i don't mind it being after Pibram, Rozna & Kazakhstan :D.

The Ukraine elections have been good to Uran & we should now be clear to announce something soon...

Ukraine wants to ramp U production & not have Russian involvement, so Uran stands to benefit with participation in "other" projects other there.

Don't think Kate Hobbs is back in Oz yet, & she better not leave the Ukraine without signing & sealing the deal first!

Fingers crossed for a Trading Halt this week ...:eek:

DYOR

More manipulation of the SP going on folks, someones playing games trying to influence the trading on opening/closing...:mad:

VWAP of 37.17 for the day & would have closed 38c, until some clown sells 530 shares 4c below market.

I'm sure in the event Uran goes into a trading halt the ASIC will be watching!

scorp57
02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
its unbeleivable isnt it. whoever it is, is really playin with my emotions... one day i'm happy the next day i'm sad... its terrible.

whats your time frame for the ukraine announcement?

shasta
02-10-2007, 10:18 PM
its unbeleivable isnt it. whoever it is, is really playin with my emotions... one day i'm happy the next day i'm sad... its terrible.

whats your time frame for the ukraine announcement?

As i'm going to the Physio on Thursday arvo, ill stick my neck out & say this week/early next week :eek::D

Re the Ukraine elections, just over...( extract from SP3 @ HC)

The latest results indicate that Tymoshenko is still in front and will win the election.

It is also pleasing to note that Tymoshenko is in favour of uranium mining.

In typical Uran fashion i'm picking a late Friday ann, so the weekend papers can report it etc :cool:

scorp57
03-10-2007, 12:43 AM
that soon? geez i pray that you are correct. it would be literally a godsend!

shasta
03-10-2007, 06:54 AM
that soon? geez i pray that you are correct. it would be literally a godsend!

As soon as the deal is signed they must announce it, & with the Ukraine elections over, i cant see any reason for further delays?

shasta
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok, well just because i can't see any reason for the delay, apparently there is else we'd all be at the pub celebrating by now!

Appears to be some minor technicalities stopping this from proceeding, perhaps some further uncertainty with the Ukraine Govt, signing off with Ukratomprom.

Keeping the patienta as always...

Always next week aye?

scorp57
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
yeh, i wasn't too sure why the late arvo sell off...

oh well, it may just be time to top up on some more on monday...

my life is in your hands shasta haha jk

shasta
06-10-2007, 03:14 AM
yeh, i wasn't too sure why the late arvo sell off...

oh well, it may just be time to top up on some more on monday...

my life is in your hands shasta haha jk

Strewth no pressure - i'll add you to the nutters already following me :D

Naw - Jokes those smart enough to follow me into Uran will do well, but shhhh we dont want others knowing do we...:cool:

STRAT
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Strewth no pressure - i'll add you to the nutters already following me :D

Naw - Jokes those smart enough to follow me into Uran will do well, but shhhh we dont want others knowing do we...:cool:New avatar Shasta? It has a URA feel about it ;)
Scorp, It would seem you have a lot riding on this from your posts. I hope you realize the high risk that goes with the high return potential. Im in URA too but if it all goes to hell in a hand basket its on my shoulders and mine alone. Newbees like us get a lot out of the better posters around here but its all care, no responsibility from some and no care no responsibility from most. ;)

shasta
06-10-2007, 05:28 PM
New avatar Shasta? It has a URA feel about it ;)
Scorp, It would seem you have a lot riding on this from your posts. I hope you realize the high risk that goes with the high return potential. Im in URA too but if it all goes to hell in a hand basket its on my shoulders and mine alone. Newbees like us get a lot out of the better posters around here but its all care, no responsibility from some and no care no responsibility from most. ;)

Strat

The Phoenix rising from the ashes represents my support of the Wellington Phoenix & also tracks Uran's progress, from $ 1.65 to 19c & now its arising.

One of the more obscure/misunderstood shares on the ASX.

I back myself to understand Uran inside out & like yourselves if it doesnt amount to anything i will lose also.

Uran is approx 25% of my 4 share portfolio & the only share in the red, albeit only slightly.

If others have done as much research on Uran as i have, it will simple be on many multiples on the current SP, WHEN it announces the Ukraine details.

I dont mind that hardly anyone tracts it, more for me i say :D

Those that have invested in Uran, take a long term approach, read my posts, DYOR & relax, it WILL happen.

I shan't be shy when it does take off :D:D:D:D

scorp57
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
obiously... i am only kiddin around. shasta and myself have been posting on this thread for quite a while now.

URA is a chunk of my portfolio and i totally understand the risks inherit... i also understand the potential.

shasta
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
obiously... i am only kiddin around. shasta and myself have been posting on this thread for quite a while now.

URA is a chunk of my portfolio and i totally understand the risks inherit... i also understand the potential.

Well, with very little time until the AGM, Uran's management have some work to do so they don't show up "empty handed".

We are due the following news (supposedly before the AGM)

1. Ukraine Update - Has been some more delays???

2. Pibram - Nuclear Waste trial separation results due anytime?

3. Brzkov/Other CR Applications - Appeal outcome?

NB, Apparently in CR legislation, to approve an application grants automatic approval to mine Uranium. I believe it is that technicality that caused the other 3 applications to be declined.

And lets not forget about ROZNA, about time Uran cleared the air on this project, as they have left shareholders to speculate on whether its a dead duck or not.

Uran's 2 offers were deemed "opportunistic", & "too cheap" although they were told the offer was too early (& Why would the CR give away an operational Uranium mine for a song, to some Aussie company with an audatious & cheeky lowball bid!).

We are overdue to hear some news/update from Kate Hobbs, as the Uran team have been travelling in the CIS alot lately.

Would like to see the SP games end, & allow the SP back to 40c at weeks end.

ritchie
07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks for that.

am endeavouring to get a few more tomorow...hopefully.

Enjoy your articles

Cheers

STRAT
07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Enjoy your articles

CheersShasta , your posts are now refered to as publications. Now thats something to crow about :D:D:D

shasta
08-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Shasta , your posts are now refered to as publications. Now thats something to crow about :D:D:D

Mmmm, yeah well lets wait until Uran comes good before lavishing me with praise :D:D:D

I could be made to look real stoopid if Uran doesnt front up...:(

Then again i'm making a killing on ADY, so can afford to wait a while.

Those wanting to get onboard/top up should do so while the SP is <35c.

I get the feeling it won't be for much longer ...

STRAT
11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
and still the little girl waits

shasta
11-10-2007, 08:19 PM
and still the little girl waits

I hope she is dressed warm & safe then...:eek:

Take it easy Strat, the Ukraine Govt has been given 5 days to form a coalition & that's meant to expire tomorrow?

I'm sure the new Ukrainian Govt's first agenda wasn't to sign off with Uran :D.

Meanwhile some lucky sod with some $$$ can top up Uran < 30c at the mo.:(

Would be doing that myself, but for filling me boots with ADY.

shasta
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I hope she is dressed warm & safe then...:eek:

Take it easy Strat, the Ukraine Govt has been given 5 days to form a coalition & that's meant to expire tomorrow?

I'm sure the new Ukrainian Govt's first agenda wasn't to sign off with Uran :D.

Meanwhile some lucky sod with some $$$ can top up Uran < 30c at the mo.:(

Would be doing that myself, but for filling me boots with ADY.

Uran has made an after hours ann regarding the AGM to be held 12 November in Perth.

Tells me 2 things...

1. Uran's management are largely back in Australia???

2. They must be confident with "something" to be announced, possibly as soon as tomorrow?

I do note they are providing more "cheap" options to Directors, which wrangles a bit given they haven't secured ANYTHING AS YET!

To hold an AGM & not have ANY tangible assets (other than cash) would make this the most hostile AGM of 2007! :mad:

scorp57
11-10-2007, 11:44 PM
shasta, i am one of those lucky sods.. bought a chunk load today at 29.5c...

and if the price falls further i will be buying even more... looking forward to an announcement or the agm. hopefully an announcement comes first...

as i said previously i am happy with the announcements so far, and just because the rest of the market wants to ignore them, doesnt mean that i will. in my opinion i am buying a part of a company that already has things in the works... at the very least the sorting at pribram... if someone wants to sell me their shares too cheaply, go ahead :)

ritchie
12-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Yip Shasta.

Have read your comments and research you have done and the URN web site. Have also accumulated quite afew..well for me anyway....URN.

Again thanks for the info you provide.

Fingers crossed.

Crypto Crude
12-10-2007, 04:10 PM
uberspec,
I too am thinking closely at sub 20c....
abit annoyed I missed it last time around...
:cool:
.^sc

Fumeux
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I sold at 30c, not because I don't think there's potential in the stock but I'd rather come back in @ low 20s

Now holding a decent parcel of ARE, BSA and PYM :D

STRAT
12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Going by the number of trades perhaps the only people buying and selling URA are those reading this thread and perhaps the thread on HC :D;)

shasta
12-10-2007, 08:09 PM
shasta, i am one of those lucky sods.. bought a chunk load today at 29.5c...

and if the price falls further i will be buying even more... looking forward to an announcement or the agm. hopefully an announcement comes first...

as i said previously i am happy with the announcements so far, and just because the rest of the market wants to ignore them, doesnt mean that i will. in my opinion i am buying a part of a company that already has things in the works... at the very least the sorting at pribram... if someone wants to sell me their shares too cheaply, go ahead :)

I dont care if everyone else on this site ignores Uran - check out my background/record & stack it up against anyone else...

Shasta is miles ahead & sticks his neck out where others fear to tread.

All we need is one announcement & we will go into a trading halt & come out on multiples of where we are, ala GGG & INP...

shasta
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
ok...looks like the share price is about to hit my original buy in price......... I think I am going to sell now... and buy back in when it hits sub 20cents... which looks entirely likely at the moment. I think the recent announcement was a signal to sell for alot of investors.... as the company doesn't look like it has any forthcoming news....

so see you guys sub 20 when I am back in.

Uberspec

If you followed me in - why would you leave when im still very bullish on it?

axion
12-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Right now it really depends if you want to risk getting 1/3 more shares for your dime (if it goes down to 20c from 30c) and perhaps missing out on an announcement, or just staying with what you have and being in for an announcement (or conversely, all the way to the ground, god forbid)

shasta
14-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Right now it really depends if you want to risk getting 1/3 more shares for your dime (if it goes down to 20c from 30c) and perhaps missing out on an announcement, or just staying with what you have and being in for an announcement (or conversely, all the way to the ground, god forbid)

Fair enough if you chose to "gamble" on Uran, i haven't.

Some FACTS...

1. Ukraine Govt looks like it will get sorted this week, with the pro uranium parties forming a coaliton = positive for Uran

2. September quarterly will be out prior to the AGM, so Uran's Directors won't be able to fob shareholders off with "we can't say just yet"...

3. On receipt on ANY price sensitive ann, Uran will immediately go into a trading halt, & trust me you won't have time to get in & would be paying north of $1 when it resumes trading! (So why risk it & sell?)

4. We are due news/updated etc on many different projects soon, incl the promising "Pibram" Nuclear Waste trial.

5. Appears to me some buy depth forming, perhaps in anticipation of the above?

seaosh
14-10-2007, 06:22 PM
5. Appears to me some buy depth forming, perhaps in anticipation of the above?

Where do you get this from?

My main concern with URA lately has been the distinct lack of buying interest. The story is great, but you would think that if a positively announcement was really due somebody would have got wind of it and be buying up. I see zero evidence of that happening.

Mind you, not much evidence of a mass exodus either.

shasta
14-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Where do you get this from?

My main concern with URA lately has been the distinct lack of buying interest. The story is great, but you would think that if a positively announcement was really due somebody would have got wind of it and be buying up. I see zero evidence of that happening.

Mind you, not much evidence of a mass exodus either.

Unlike the Czech Republic, the leaks out of Ukraine are minimal, unless you have ties over there or can translate the news stories, theres not much chance of it.

Uran can't say anything at the moment, because...

1. Ukraine hasn't had a formal Govt since April...

2. The Protocol we have, still needs to be ratified & announced by the new Govt - otherwise its not worth anything, remembering Uran is the ONLY foreign company to EVER secure a protocol over Uranium in Ukraine!

3. To announce any potentially sensitive data BEFORE signing off the deal, would not appease the Ukrainians.

4. Ukratomprom need to be involved once the new Govt forms, hopefully this week?

As for the buy depth, i use ASB Securities & Stockness (stockness gives you the daily VWAP).

Expect the SP to nudge up this week when the Ukraine Govt is formally announced & thereby reducing a rather large hurdle for Uran.

Early this week would be a good time to top up, IMO.

Please DYOR

seaosh
14-10-2007, 07:59 PM
There must surely be Ukranians with access to the ASX and knowledge of this company though. With the turnover so small I'd expect even Ukranian news to be reflected in the price.

shasta
14-10-2007, 08:11 PM
There must surely be Ukranians with access to the ASX and knowledge of this company though. With the turnover so small I'd expect even Ukranian news to be reflected in the price.

I do regularly czech various overseas websites for the said leaks...

However, not knowing any CIS based languages makes it hard, even translating them back to english doesnt make much sense.

The thing is, i do expect something in this quarter (1 Oct - 31 Dec) & it could take towards the end of it before the Ukraine situation is known/secured.

What i'm looking for in the Sept quarterly, are the various updates i believe we are owed.

We have had all of Uran's management & technical team in the CIS recently, in Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Ukraine & Czech Republic (that i know of), & i would assume they were looking at other projects, & not just there to shake hands regarding what is already known.

Basically NOTHING is priced into the SP at present.

scorp57
16-10-2007, 10:00 PM
well shasta at this point in time it seems like we are in for some more painful waiting. hopefully the agm will clear up a few things.. i am still very bullish...

shasta
16-10-2007, 10:12 PM
well shasta at this point in time it seems like we are in for some more painful waiting. hopefully the agm will clear up a few things.. i am still very bullish...

Actually the upcoming quarterly is what im waiting for, not that i think it will have anything earth shattering in it. (It cant else Uran MUST be released it to the market!)

Now just today the Ukraine Govt/Coalition has been formed, & although this is good news for Uran, this will take a few more weeks to ratify Ukratomprom legally etc.

If we don't get the green light re Pibram before the AGM, Uran will be sub 20c & will get dumped big time...

For me i'm staying in until the Ukraine situation is known...

For me, it's still a HOLD :confused:

shasta
17-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Some indirect good news folks concerning the Ukraine...

http://www.uranlimited.com.au/mediaCoverage/0710%2017%20West%20Australian.pdf (http://www.uranlimited.com.au/mediaCoverage/0710&#37;2017%20West%20Australian.pdf)

A rather large hurdle now removed, albeit ever so slightly should pave the way for a more favourable ann down the tracks...

STRAT
17-10-2007, 10:56 PM
That is good news but its going to be down to the wire. Timing is everything

shasta
22-10-2007, 06:33 PM
That is good news but its going to be down to the wire. Timing is everything

It's official folks, we must be on the verge of becoming a Uranium producer...:D

The DOW goes down 2.6&#37; & we lose 3.5c (finished down to 24c, or down 12.7%!)

I've never seen this before, however credit to Uran to be in sync with the DOW (pretty good considering Uran is not in the ASX200, & not even close to it!), though i cant remember it going up when the DOW did either!

I can see the headlines in the papers...BHP, RIO, & URA fall ...:eek:

Urans volume while still small, is up on most days, so a few spooked out it seems?

All jokes aside who has bailed/topped up/scared/getting therapy?

Tick tock, times nearly up Uran...:(:confused::mad:

ritchie
22-10-2007, 09:54 PM
So whats the go Shasta..........have a small bit of spare cash...URA or ADY.

I know youll say DYOR.....but would appreciate your comment.

Have a fair few URA now.....well still under 100000...crikey i hope it comes good. Only 20000 ADY

Cheers.

shasta
22-10-2007, 10:13 PM
So whats the go Shasta..........have a small bit of spare cash...URA or ADY.

I know youll say DYOR.....but would appreciate your comment.

Have a fair few URA now.....well still under 100000...crikey i hope it comes good. Only 20000 ADY

Cheers.

The smart move would be to buy ADY...:D

Question for those holding Uran...

Are you happy knowing Uran will likely go to the AGM with NOTHING?

I believe the Ukraine deal will go ahead this year, but it looks like this process could take at least another month or so...:confused:

The SP could get absolutely smashed & thus become a huge bargin around 12 November, the day of the AGM.

Seriously, i'm not ruling out Uran plummeting to 10c, there management is THAT arrogant they just dont care what us shareholders think, & have had the cheek to ask for more options!

Reality time folks ....

All we really have left for 2007 is (IMO only)

1. Pibram - Remembering the CR has "snubbed" Uran at every chance!

2. Ukraine - Due to policitical process, this could take months to sort???

2008 holds alot of promise, but then again we were meant to be "IN PRODUCTION" in 2007.

This is extremely high risk v extremely high reward at its finest!:eek:

ritchie
22-10-2007, 10:52 PM
oh man...tomorow i start praying

shasta
22-10-2007, 10:56 PM
oh man...tomorow i start praying

ADY sub 50c looks tastey, i'd be buying them

Uran is a "hold" for me

scorp57
23-10-2007, 12:21 AM
i am quite happy to hold. i still look at what the company has going for them and each day the share price falls is another day that the market is ignoring everything that ura has to offer even more and more.

there will definately be a great day for URA shareholders... the problem is, i dont know when, and i dont know where the share price will be at that stage...

i will top up on anything around 20c. way too cheap... i can hold for years no worries, so even if they have something great happen next year i will be there to ride the wave...

we gotta stick together here shasta... dont let the market spook you... just make sure you capitalise on all those getting spooked...

shasta
23-10-2007, 06:49 AM
i am quite happy to hold. i still look at what the company has going for them and each day the share price falls is another day that the market is ignoring everything that ura has to offer even more and more.

there will definately be a great day for URA shareholders... the problem is, i dont know when, and i dont know where the share price will be at that stage...

i will top up on anything around 20c. way too cheap... i can hold for years no worries, so even if they have something great happen next year i will be there to ride the wave...

we gotta stick together here shasta... dont let the market spook you... just make sure you capitalise on all those getting spooked...

Shasta spooked, naw bring on sub 20c i say ...

Ukraine is a go, its just a matter of when...

Wouldnt mine getting a few more before she blows :D

shasta
23-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Wow talk about a turn-around, Uran has grown legs & recouped yesterdays losses & then some, with the buy depth returning...

Perhaps the Ukraine situation is warming again...:confused:

Scorp - Might not be any more sub 20c shares :(

seaosh
23-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Volume of only $44k though, lets not get too excited.

shasta
23-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Volume of only $44k though, lets not get too excited.

150k volume isnt normal for Uran, & remember its so obsecure its off everyones radar (just how i like it)

Going from past experience, Uran could anyday go into a trading halt, & surprise everyone :eek:

seaosh
23-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Slightly heavier than average volume is surely still 'normal'? Can't expect it to be the same every day.

shasta
23-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Slightly heavier than average volume is surely still 'normal'? Can't expect it to be the same every day.

Uran doesnt tend to jump up 23% in a day either! :eek:

Scuffer
23-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey Shasta you will be pleased with todays result, I was hovering been keeping a sharp eye on URA for awhile now but decided to take a trip down copperhead road and bought some MRX hope they don't turn into a snake on me.

ritchie
23-10-2007, 07:18 PM
need 3 more days like today...now that would be nice

shasta
23-10-2007, 07:29 PM
need 3 more days like today...now that would be nice

No what would be even better is a trading halt, pending the Ukraine ann!

Scuf - You & Macdunk both in MRX huh?

Good to see some useful diversification, as Uran is only about 20% of my funds invested & my only U308 play.

Scuffer
23-10-2007, 07:38 PM
No what would be even better is a trading halt, pending the Ukraine ann!

Scuf - You & Macdunk both in MRX huh?

Good to see some useful diversification, as Uran is only about 20% of my funds invested & my only U308 play.

Yup like copper it will compliment all the lithium in the battery operated cars

shasta
23-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Yup like copper it will compliment all the lithium in the battery operated cars

I figure between Iron Ore, Lithium, Oil, Gas, Coal, & Uranium - i've got enough exposure to the energy/resource sector!

Funny we both hold ADY & URA - management's performance between the two is chalk & chees - yet both have explosive potential!

Scuffer
23-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry bud haven't got any URA and the ADY was after having a good look with prompts from you an Tricha

STRAT
23-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Volume of only $44k though, lets not get too excited.Nice rise today but Im with you seaosh on this one. Not enough volume to indicate anything other than a few punters taking a punt.

shasta
23-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Nice rise today but Im with you seaosh on this one. Not enough volume to indicate anything other than a few punters taking a punt.

Uran is a classic "follow the OBV" stock....

What it does tomorrow will give the clue...

Lets hope the DOW doesnt pack a tanty overnight :D

scorp57
24-10-2007, 01:16 AM
shasta- just keep the faith... it will come good eventually i'm sure of it... if it goes below around 23c i am gonna buy a ****load of them...

you know how it works.. one piece of info, especially the one you and me have been sweating on, and this one is thru the roof...

if you ask me, these levels are a real buying oppurtunity for anyone who doesnt already have some, because we know whats on the table, we know what has been announced already and we know the potential...

to value this company at 15 or 16 million is just ridiculous, and when things finally come good, it is gonna be one of the biggest stories on the whole market, and i will be gald to have been a part of it all this time...

again, just keep the faith.

ritchie
24-10-2007, 01:27 AM
well i mentioned praying last night and looked what happened yesterday.....may have another little one now.

shasta
24-10-2007, 07:28 PM
well i mentioned praying last night and looked what happened yesterday.....may have another little one now.

Uran up after turning green after the market closed, raises some questions?

Especially as it was seemingly doing nothing all day...

I wonder why the sudden rush to buy...

Could it be ...:eek:

scorp57
25-10-2007, 12:18 AM
fingers crossed all

STRAT
25-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Uran up after turning green after the market closed, raises some questions?

Especially as it was seemingly doing nothing all day...

I wonder why the sudden rush to buy...

Could it be ...:eek:Only 70,000 shares. Hardly a stampede

axion
25-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah you can't say anything is going on with the low volue uran gets, that's what like ~$20k. Chicken feed...

shasta
25-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah you can't say anything is going on with the low volue uran gets, that's what like ~$20k. Chicken feed...

I see SP3 from HC has admitted buying around 199k Uran shares of late, & given the small volumes he's had to work to get them!

Given in the past he's been pretty spot on with Uran, this sends a very bullish signal to me, & those who have been following Uran's progress (actually lack thereof!).

I haven't bought or sold any shares since topping up at 19c, & since then have been "overweight" in oilers (Uran is only about 20% of my portfolio).

Would like to get some more ASAP, but am low on "available" funds...

Quarterly out next week - won't make for good reading though :confused:

axion
25-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah I've been considering topping up when it was down the other day, but just didn't get around to it. Also I don't want to put too much more in since it's just a gamble on my part. $5 or bust, tbh.

shasta
25-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah I've been considering topping up when it was down the other day, but just didn't get around to it. Also I don't want to put too much more in since it's just a gamble on my part. $5 or bust, tbh.

Yup thats the guts of it really, we get Ukraine & we surge past $2 or the SP halves from the current SP (around 30c) post AGM, & there will be plenty of shares sub 20c.

Buy orders in at 10c & sells in at $5 folks :D

Australia's 4th Uranium producer or bust!:eek:

shasta
25-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Thought the Uran faithful might like to re-read the old Uran thread & have a laugh...

http://snitzforum.sharetrader.co.nz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24122&whichpage=1

There were other bulls on Uran, & guess whose stood by when others ran?

scorp57
25-10-2007, 10:57 PM
good things come to those who wait...

as i said if the go anywhere near 20c i will buy 100,000. thats a promise. realisticly i would love to buy them now but wanna wait and see. already have a large chunk and if they go up i';m happy and if they come down i'll get more.... win-win.

i at least beleive that one day they will make progress in the kazakhstan. tahts good enough for me. and we all already know this. i can wait a year or 2 no worries.

shasta
25-10-2007, 11:04 PM
good things come to those who wait...

as i said if the go anywhere near 20c i will buy 100,000. thats a promise. realisticly i would love to buy them now but wanna wait and see. already have a large chunk and if they go up i';m happy and if they come down i'll get more.... win-win.

i at least beleive that one day they will make progress in the kazakhstan. tahts good enough for me. and we all already know this. i can wait a year or 2 no worries.

No no no Scorp....

We both know where Uran will make it big....UKRAINE :eek:

Everything else is a bonus (incl ROZNA) & thats how i see it.

Ukraine has the infrastructure & relatively cheap workforce, all ready for a near turn key mining operation.

Forget the 2 - 3 year process of extracting Yellowcake in Oz, in the Ukraine we'll be producing in 6 - 9 months!

Im still of the opinion we can be producing in Ukraine late 2008.

STRAT
26-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Yup thats the guts of it really, we get Ukraine & we surge past $2 or the SP halves from the current SP (around 30c) post AGM, & there will be plenty of shares sub 20c.

Buy orders in at 10c & sells in at $5 folks :D

Australia's 4th Uranium producer or bust!:eek:Looking more and more unlikely we will have any good news pre AGM. 15c soon????:eek:

axion
26-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Quarterly out

shasta
26-10-2007, 06:54 PM
No no no Scorp....

We both know where Uran will make it big....UKRAINE :eek:

Everything else is a bonus (incl ROZNA) & thats how i see it.

Ukraine has the infrastructure & relatively cheap workforce, all ready for a near turn key mining operation.

Forget the 2 - 3 year process of extracting Yellowcake in Oz, in the Ukraine we'll be producing in 6 - 9 months!

Im still of the opinion we can be producing in Ukraine late 2008.

Quarterly out & some subtle hints "hidden" in there IMO.

Ukraine - Ended a bit suddenly didnt it? :eek:

Me wonders why? :cool:

CR - Pibram, good run down & seems to be a goer IMO?

CR - Brzkov, etc - Very short & sharp - obviously a no go!

Bulgaria - Alot of details for just an application....YEAH RIGHT

This would seem to be an area on interest later on 2008/09 & seemingly another viable option (BTW 5000T of contained U308 = $A1B revenue)

The big U producers may see deposits < 10,000T as small & not core focus, but Uran wouldnt sneeze at it!

Kazakhstan - This is the best read of the whole 6 page doco, looks very promising for 2008 & beyond. Hopefully this alone will generate a bit more interest.

Cash on hand = $4.5m so they arent burning it all just yet!

All in all as expected but the Kaz run down impressed me.

Mexican standoff at the moment too, someone wants them sub 30, no one prepared to budge & allow it!

shasta
28-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Excellent....

Exactly what i've been waiting for...

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/27/europe/EU-POL-Ukraine-Politics.php

Enjoy folks!

STRAT
29-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Excellent....

Exactly what i've been waiting for...

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/27/europe/EU-POL-Ukraine-Politics.php

Enjoy folks!"I want everyone to understand that, irrespective of distribution of forces in Verkhovna Rada, not a single important decision as for domestic and foreign policy will be taken without considering the Party of Regions," Yanukovych

Is this a reason or explanation for current delays I am wondering???

shasta
29-10-2007, 06:07 PM
"I want everyone to understand that, irrespective of distribution of forces in Verkhovna Rada, not a single important decision as for domestic and foreign policy will be taken without considering the Party of Regions," Yanukovych[/i][/b]

Is this a reason or explanation for current delays I am wondering???

No, & i'm expecting the Ukraine ann before the AGM, Ukraine has formed a govt & that was the only impediment over the last 6 months.

Time to announce the Feasibility studies & finally disclose the tonnage/grades to the market.:eek:

Shasta will have his calculator ready, but rule of thumb @ current prices a 5,000T U308 JORC resource = $A1b :eek:

scorp57
29-10-2007, 09:29 PM
do u think its that simple shasta? i hope you are right, but is that the only delay?

i mean in the case that everything is ready to go, they were just waiting for the government to be announced, then we are laughing, but if there are other delays behind the scenes like the new gov needing to approve of things etc, we could be in for a wait yet...

shasta
29-10-2007, 09:45 PM
do u think its that simple shasta? i hope you are right, but is that the only delay?

i mean in the case that everything is ready to go, they were just waiting for the government to be announced, then we are laughing, but if there are other delays behind the scenes like the new gov needing to approve of things etc, we could be in for a wait yet...

Ok my actual thoughts are...

1. We have a signed deal, but...

2. SRK Consultants are probably "reviewing" the finer details, ie Tonnage/Grades etc, as once announced it's out in the open for all to see.

3. As a courtesy, Ukratomprom would most likely want a joint statement to be released, so that could be a reason for the delay?

4. Most importantly someone within the new Govt (probably the Minister for Fuel & Energy?) will need to ratify it "officially" prior to release.

I'm not expecting a Powhiri or Waiata or anything, but surely Ukraine officials will want to roll this out with a bit of a "song & dance" :D

There you go, Uk Govt > Ukratomprom > Uran > ASX :eek:

shasta
29-10-2007, 09:47 PM

See my previous post with the link - Ukraine HAS a Govt.

We don't need the Govt to "approve" it, Ukratomprom do that :cool:

ronthepom
29-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok my actual thoughts are...

1. We have a signed deal, but...

2. SRK Consultants are probably "reviewing" the finer details, ie Tonnage/Grades etc, as once announced it's out in the open for all to see.

3. As a courtesy, Ukratomprom would most likely want a joint statement to be released, so that could be a reason for the delay?

4. Most importantly someone within the new Govt (probably the Minister for Fuel & Energy?) will need to ratify it "officially" prior to release.

I'm not expecting a Powhiri or Waiata or anything, but surely Ukraine officials will want to roll this out with a bit of a "song & dance" :D

There you go, Uk Govt > Ukratomprom > Uran > ASX :eek:
Shasta you"ve just about convinced me, ready to hop in!

shasta
29-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Shasta you"ve just about convinced me, ready to hop in!

Oh dear god...all aboard the Uran bus for the visually impaired...

Don't worry Stevie Wonder driving! :D

All i'll say is buying in at 28c has less risk than my average of 41c ;)

My post was my thoughts only, based on recent events & a boat load of assumptions...:eek:

If i get it all wrong & it goes pear shaped, i'll have some tax losses to offset my nice ADY "tax problem" :D

SMan
29-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi,

Have looked into buying some URA, however, there are a few strange workings I'm trying to get my head around. As far as I can tell their deal with Discovery Minerals has yet to go through, the terms of which state the payment will be in the form of ~103M shares in URA. This will effectively dilute the shares 1 in 3 (there are currently ~51M shares in URA). Also there are approximately 44M options at an average excise price of ~23c which, whilst adding further capital, will also dilute existing shares...

Anyone have any thoughts/comments on the option to acquire Discovery Minerals? I think it is supposed to go to shareholders for approval in Dec...

shasta
30-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi,

Have looked into buying some URA, however, there are a few strange workings I'm trying to get my head around. As far as I can tell their deal with Discovery Minerals has yet to go through, the terms of which state the payment will be in the form of ~103M shares in URA. This will effectively dilute the shares 1 in 3 (there are currently ~51M shares in URA). Also there are approximately 44M options at an average excise price of ~23c which, whilst adding further capital, will also dilute existing shares...

Anyone have any thoughts/comments on the option to acquire Discovery Minerals? I think it is supposed to go to shareholders for approval in Dec...

Sman

You are 100% correct, the Discovery deal will be put to shareholders for approval in Decemeber.

MK explains this situation on Boardroom Radio, that the deal will be done, but only after something IS secured.

Uran simply cannot have a 50m share structure moving forward, so unfortunately we will get dilluted by Discovery & most likely an AIM listing to raise more funds.

They wont do this until we have secured Ukraine & the SP is more inline with a near term producer, so shareholders will benefit, before the dillution process starts.

Option conversion + Discovery will equal around 200m shares, & at that time i'd expect an AIM listing raising say 100m @ $1.

STRAT
30-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh dear god...all aboard the Uran bus for the visually impaired...

Don't worry Stevie Wonder driving! :D

All i'll say is buying in at 28c has less risk than my average of 41c ;)

My post was my thoughts only, based on recent events & a boat load of assumptions...:eek:

If i get it all wrong & it goes pear shaped, i'll have some tax losses to offset my nice ADY "tax problem" :DLOL. I hope for your sake it comes good Shasta, Lets not forget how things turned out for Jesus :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

shasta
30-10-2007, 06:26 PM
LOL. I hope for your sake it comes good Shasta, Lets not forget how things turned out for Jesus :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Uran up 3c to 31c - only green on my ASX shares today :D

Good things come to those who wait!

seaosh
30-10-2007, 08:13 PM
We're making so much money it's ridiculous!

shasta
30-10-2007, 08:21 PM
We're making so much money it's ridiculous!

Im not ...:(

At least not in Uran

STRAT
30-10-2007, 08:21 PM
We're making so much money it's ridiculous!LOL. Yup it will only be top shelf at the Auckland ST meeting eh? ;)

shasta
30-10-2007, 08:38 PM
LOL. Yup it will only be top shelf at the Auckland ST meeting eh? ;)

Macdunk has "assumed" im making the trip up north...

Strat - If Ukraine ann comes in before the Wgtn event, best you get down here - i'll be putting on a tab for a big one!

It'll be champagne (Veuve Cliquot of course) if it happens before!

scorp57
30-10-2007, 08:38 PM
dilution yes, but one hell of a resource i should imagine. not only that but the freedom to start mining ASAP should grant us quite a hefty share price. fingers crossed everybody.

STRAT
30-10-2007, 08:45 PM
dilution yes, .:confused: whats that there Scorp???

shasta
31-10-2007, 11:24 PM
The Uran/Discovery Minerals deal & structure....

I thought i'd provide an insight into the "inner workings of Uran" & its complex structures as things begin to unfold (There is a point to all this)

As we all know Discovery Minerals Pty Ltd is a company associated with Kate Hobbs.

Uran has consulted with PricewaterhouseCoopers to value the Discovery Minerals transaction prior to DM getting a 54.9&#37; shareholding in Uran (roughly 103m shares) & being approved by shareholders (This is scheduled to happen in December)

Discovery is meant to be our link into Ukraine, Uzbekistan & Kazakhstan:

1. Discovery Minerals & Integra (Russian Mining Company) are meant to have 50% each of "Urasia Mining" to seek opportunities in Uzbek & Kaz...

(I believe this JV has broken down somehow, as Uran are going it alone in Kazakhstan & we havent heard about Uzbekistan in months!)

2. Discovery Minerals also owns 100% of "Ukrainia Mining" - to seek opportunities in the Ukraine (This may have been setup as a Russian company?)

3. Discovery Minerals also owns 100% of "Urania Mining s.r.o" - to seek opportunities in the Czech Republic. (Not sure if this still exists, i think Uran are doing this themselves via the Diamo link?)

Which brings me to my main point...

The last ann had some "subtle" bits in it relating to Ukraine, namely.

- The Ministry of Fuels & Energy invited Uran to a conference in Kiev on the future of power generation in Ukraine???

Big deal, well maybe/maybe not, what about Ukratomprom & VostGok?

Ok, heres the punchline...

- Ukratomprom is the newly formed Ukraine State agency that handles all Ukraines Nuclear & power generation & mining needs...

- VostGok is the state body that handles Uranium mining.

The last quarterly states we made a visit to both VostGok & the Zheltye Vody Uranium processing plant, with a view to discuss "Implementation of the Feasibility Studies". However the FS studies have already been done previously, all that is required now is some further verification drilling (& VostGok has drilling rigs available)

Now back to the Ministry of Fuel & Energy, well it seems they own 100% of VostGok!

Our relationship with the Ministry of Fuel & Energy would appear very good, VostGok have shown us around the very plant where the Uranium from the 2 deposits would be processed & that also seems to be going well...

VostGok is also apart of the newly formed state agency Ukratomprom...

We now have an elected Govt in the Ukraine...

All apparent hurdles have finally been removed...

It's a matter of WHEN rather than IF...

AGM is less than 2 weeks away, & surely we will get the Ukraine ann before then?

Exciting aye?

scorp57
01-11-2007, 12:01 AM
shasta once again you have outdone yourself.

and yes even if we dont hear before the AGM i am sure it is in the works anyways. a very cheap price for a part of a great future company i beleive.

ritchie
01-11-2007, 04:06 AM
exciting is an understatement..this one comes good and Ill hug ya to death shasta.......well..you know what I mean.

Wasnt until I read your comments heere and looked up URA on google..that I decided to invest a reasonable amount.

So heres praying again.

shasta
01-11-2007, 07:24 AM
shasta once again you have outdone yourself.

and yes even if we dont hear before the AGM i am sure it is in the works anyways. a very cheap price for a part of a great future company i beleive.

Proof is in the pudding Scorp :D

It's been a long time awaiting...

sparrow
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Enuff already ....you guys are too persuasive .
I'm in as of today

axion
01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks like you're getting in right before something is happening.

Apparently the head of Uran's PR company (Purple Communications) was at Uran's offices all day yesterday. And TBH given how dormant the PR has been this should be somewhat significant. Oh, and we're up 20-odd&#37; for the day on fairly decent volume (for Uran, anyway)

seaosh
01-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Looking very nice today, but then we had a similar day (on much bigger volume) just over a month back and it puttered out.

We will see . . .

STRAT
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Enuff already ....you guys are too persuasive .
I'm in as of todayLOL, Have we have brought out the gambler in you Sparrow?;)

STRAT
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Apparently the head of Uran's PR company (Purple Communications) was at Uran's offices all day yesterday.Axion, An on site spy? You are just what we need with this lot and their inability to be transparent about anything :D

axion
01-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Na, I stole it from hotcopper. I probably should've said that so you lot can that it with a grain of salt :)

However, it does mean someone's been spying on them O_o

STRAT
01-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Na, I stole it from hotcopper. I probably should've said that so you lot can that it with a grain of salt :)

However, it does mean someone's been spying on them O_oHurling a sack of salt over my shoulder as I write this :D

By the way 35.5cps now:eek:

ritchie
01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
go you little good thing

shasta
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
go you little good thing

Well well well - someone is chasing the stock & buying at market...

Uran's got a reputation for Friday anns, could it be? :confused::eek:

scorp57
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
fingers crossed.

any sort of move tomoro and i will be worth a hell of alot more. scary times, but let the good times roll i say!

shasta
01-11-2007, 10:07 PM

However, it does mean someone's been spying on them O_o

Actually Cotik from HC said it, so it got my attention...:eek:

He's in the top 20 holders!

shasta
05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually Cotik from HC said it, so it got my attention...:eek:

He's in the top 20 holders!

Someone give Uran a nudge will they...

AGM next Monday :eek:

Clocks a ticking folks...:(

But wait....

Heres a thought, we are in exactly the same position as we were in last year, SP is around the same levels, & we were awaiting Ukraine back then!

We know what happened next, aye? :D

Nothing before the AGM & we will have a massive sell off :mad:

Heads it's Ukraine, Tails down the drain:D

STRAT
05-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Nothing before the AGM & we will have a massive sell off :mad:

That sounds like a trade opportunity :eek:

shasta
05-11-2007, 10:54 PM
That sounds like a trade opportunity :eek:

I promise you one thing, thru any channels if i hear Ukraine is off, im out & gone for good.

STRAT
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I promise you one thing, thru any channels if i hear Ukraine is off, im out & gone for good.Best keep an ear to the ground I recon. Not that you need someone tellin you that

Junior80
09-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Wondering what will happen to Uran in the next year or so. The future does not look as promising as it did a couple of weeks ago. Any comment from anyone?

seaosh
09-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Why does the future look less promising than a couple of weeks ago?

So far as I can see nothing has happened.

The new government in Ukraine has removed one barrier to something happening. Nothing has actually happened yet and I guess that could be a concern to some, but realistically I think it is still a little early.

ScrappyO
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
meeting monday..should be interesting.

shasta
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Wondering what will happen to Uran in the next year or so. The future does not look as promising as it did a couple of weeks ago. Any comment from anyone?

Probably an inquiry into MK standing down, his son selling & us all being led up the garden path while Kate travels to Europe every month!

At the moment Uran DOESNT have a future as such...

STRAT
09-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Probably an inquiry into MK standing down, his son selling & us all being led up the garden path while Kate travels to Europe every month!

At the moment Uran DOESNT have a future as such...LOL, If thats a pep talk Shasta Im not sure its helping :D

shasta
09-11-2007, 06:33 PM
LOL, If thats a pep talk Shasta Im not sure its helping :D

I dont know what you folks want me to say?

I'm keeping it real, no spin, no ramp...

I dont know anything, other than my own research & the limited contact ive had with the company...

I was bullish on Uran, now im not...:(

We have an AGM on Monday & sadly no Ukraine ann :(

No good those going to the AGM venting there spleen either, the company cannot disclose anything that hasnt been sent to the market!

Yes, i expect the shareprice to drop - so those that cant stomach it, grab the 30c while you can...

Disc: NOT SELLING, NOT BUYING EITHER

Reason: Investing in Uran requires patience, dealing with the Ukraine & those kinds of CIS countries takes time, piss them off, or take your eye off the ball & someone else will take our place...

I still believe we will be producing in 2008 & am prepared to hang in there.

STRAT
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Shasta feel free to say what ever you are thinking but dont feel any obligation to say anything at all. I was being a smart **** not putting the acid on ya. No expectations here either way ;)

shasta
09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Shasta feel free to say what ever you are thinking but dont feel any obligation to say anything at all. I was being a smart **** not putting the acid on ya. No expectations here either way ;)

Uran ending the week at 29c & even for the day...

Monday's trading will be "interesting" to say the least :eek:

scorp57
09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
shasta, i've never seen you angry at a company like this...

if the SP falls on monday i am gonna buy more. announcement will come. eventually... i can wait...

waited so long already, whats a bit longer?

shasta
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
shasta, i've never seen you angry at a company like this...

if the SP falls on monday i am gonna buy more. announcement will come. eventually... i can wait...

waited so long already, whats a bit longer?

What annoucement?

Im afraid we have all been led up the garden path...

No other ASX listed company would be arrogant enough to go into there AGM with NOTHING, after making such outlandish statements over the past year.("Producing in 2007", in fact by July 07 from Kate Hobbs!)

Oh, & they want us to reward them for such incompetence with cheap options, when they won't even buy them on-market!

1. They don't communicate to there shareholders whats going on

2. They rarely reply to emails, especially any containing criticisms of there inept performance.

3. Uran is the WORST performing U stock on the ASX, & approx 75% down from January's highs...

4. In December, Uran want us to "effectively hand over" control of the company to Discovery Minerals, associated with Kate Hobbs, yet Uran pays all her expenses?

5. Michael "The Snake" Kiernan - we were never told why he "stepped down", or why his son sold out when he did. He has never been brought to account for his "Uran will be worth $5 on 1 project, & $10 for 2" comments, nor has his "slip" about Africa ever been explained?

PS, - I urge everyone to avoid companies associated with that snake. (MON, TTY, IRL, AZC)

Bring on the enquiry, there will be one...

Junior80
12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone went to the shareholders meeting. I assume there should be very little that we didn't know. It would be great if someone can give us a summary. Thanks.

STRAT
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone went to the shareholders meeting. I assume there should be very little that we didn't know. It would be great if someone can give us a summary. Thanks.Me too, I expect first news will be on HC

axion
12-11-2007, 08:10 PM
The sentiment from one person on HC was the meeting was positive and he 'felt' Ukraine is a goer. However, I feel that it's rather concerning that the meeting was positive, I was certainly expecting some sort of mutiny given the drop from $1.50+ or whatever it was at the beginning of this year. Apparently only one somewhat disgruntled shareholder.

Oh and Pat Ryan's options had to be voted for twice as there was a hung vote.

shasta
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
The sentiment from one person on HC was the meeting was positive and he 'felt' Ukraine is a goer. However, I feel that it's rather concerning that the meeting was positive, I was certainly expecting some sort of mutiny given the drop from $1.50+ or whatever it was at the beginning of this year. Apparently only one somewhat disgruntled shareholder.

Oh and Pat Ryan's options had to be voted for twice as there was a hung vote.

Pat Ryan couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery, my proxy had to be sent to asb sec & they didnt sent it in time...:mad:

I showed my contempt & sold down a few today, realising a loss, but better than the VWAP of 28.36c.

They are still feeding us crap & expect to be rewarded for it?

Had the SP not headed south towards close i would have dumped the lot.

Am fuming i didnt get into BOW despite putting many on it, & am disgusted i held Uran to miss the opportunity.

I won't miss a 2nd time.

seaosh
12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I got out today too. Had been debating it a bit last week but didn't in the end. Another loss. Oh well. . .

Put the money into MEO. A bit of a gamble too, but at least there is a timeframe as to when we may see a result.

I also had my eye on BOW the last few weeks but didn't act. . . Stupid. . .

steve fleming
13-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Thought the Uran faithful might like to re-read the old Uran thread & have a laugh...

http://snitzforum.sharetrader.co.nz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24122&whichpage=1

There were other bulls on Uran, & guess whose stood by when others ran?

Joining those 'other bulls' and running Shasta!?