PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

croesus
23-07-2014, 11:34 AM
typo.. dents.. is obviously dentist

Harvey Specter
23-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Good announcement this morning on their new product.

Having just gone down the antibiotic route for my kid, I will be looking into this. We use the interhealth plus probiotic occasionally but the Blis product is probably more targeted as a deterrent.

simla
23-07-2014, 11:58 AM
"lozenge form.... doesn’t work for tots. So now it’s available in a strawberry and vanilla flavoured powder sprinkled over food twice a day.”

Clever. If they announce this pretty positive news before the AGM, is there more good news in the AGM then? Two days to go.

Minerbarejet
23-07-2014, 12:07 PM
"lozenge form.... doesn’t work for tots. So now it’s available in a strawberry and vanilla flavoured powder sprinkled over food twice a day.”

Clever. If they announce this pretty positive news before the AGM, is there more good news in the AGM then? Two days to go.Can see mum doing a lot of aeroplane stuff with the spoon to get little Tarquin to eat after sprinkling strawberry and vanilla powder over pureed meat and veges.:)
Would it be better in the bottle perhaps.

Good news though, shows they are exploring everything.
Disc: Holding
Sentiment: Positive

Harvey Specter
23-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Can see mum doing a lot of aeroplane stuff with the spoon to get little Tarquin to eat after sprinkling strawberry and vanilla powder over pureed meat and veges.:)
Would it be better in the bottle perhaps.I would have though it would go in the bottle with the formula - taht would also mean they dont have to have their own range of baby formula and parents can use it on which ever one their kid likes. I wonder if that impacts its effectiveness.

simla
23-07-2014, 12:13 PM
It appears to be in a bottle already, so I suppose you mean already in the food. I'm sure that's an aim.

This will probably take time to grow market share, but I could see this being a pretty good seller. Parents will do anything for babies, and ear infections are a nightmare for a lot of parents. And especially for air travel as you say.

I think maybe BLT is being underestimated. Everyone is still looking for that king hit. But the tough time here was three years ago when we were hoping for good growth in the US, because we needed a single king hit to get up momentum. But now the company has growth going in multiple markets and may well be running with Einstein's eight wonder of the world instead: compound growth.

simla
23-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Just to show some evidence of the growth idea: I don't post research any more, but I still look around for my own purposes. There has definitely been uptake of Blis to be seen. Here's a few examples of fairly recent activity.

http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Triple-Action-Oral-Health-Dots-Peppermint-Flavor-30-Tablets/56532
http://www.probium.com/page/oral-blis-combo-4b
http://republikrx.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=464
http://www.nekta.com/travelprotec/
http://www.entrapro.com.au/products.php
http://premium-suiso.co.jp/
http://www.drmilk.co.nz/blis-k12-oral-probiotic
http://honeyblis.co.nz/

But actually that hides another big truth. Existing Blis products are also more frequently listed around the world, such as this energetic picture. http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/807349136/T2mAACXctXXXXXXXXX_!!807349136.jpg

Search on Blis "throatguard" now and get 12 pages of real results just there.

If there is compound growth going on, it will be very hard to detect from internet searches, as it is not one single piece of big news. For that we have to wait for Blis reports, I'm thinking.

simla
23-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't see any zeroes here myself.

simla
25-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Excellent news from the AGM today. https://nzx.com/files/attachments/197397.pdf

But they are STILL talking of profitable operation during this year. Yay!

But still ambiguous on some important fronts.

"our expectations remain for doubling revenue in the current financial year and a move to profitable operations during the year." Okay, some figures at last. Now a doubling of revenue by my VERY rough spreadsheet (do your own) suggests to me that that would make a profit before R&D, and amortisation and depreciation. So a talk of moving to profitable operations this year could mean: (a) my spreadsheet is wrong; (b) they know of costs and income I can't guess at (such as their contract work); (c) the words "move to" mean they will be there by the end, but not necessarily as a bottom line of the year; (d) they mean operating profit, not net profit; (e) ??

"Market access issues in US: previous inventory issues in US now resolved but North American sales not yet delivering to expectations." So does this mean the doors are open in the US again? Seems so. But now need to pick up pace again? "Resolved" sounds like things are ready to go again here?

"Current business strategy will lead to a much broader base of consumer product sales and include contract packing." This innocuous sentence strikes me as great news. This means the company should be much less vulnerable to setbacks, and compound growth should be the norm now? If so, then Blis finally achieved a safe future? Views on this anyone? Seems a pretty important question to me.

"BLIS has approval of its production facilities as a dairy exporter. Also need country specific approvals – such as Taiwan, Malaysia and China. China takes longer. Approvals completed for NZ and Australia." Again, what does this mean. On the face of it, sales could commence now in Australasia of food-related products. But then it did not say they would. Not sure what to take from this. However, Chinese approval not yet achieved. But then neither has Synl. got that yet, and they are sounding confident.

"The nutritional formulations are intended for Australasia and Asian markets." and "Products will include ice cream powders, yoghurt powders, beverage and functional foods." What are nutritional formulations? Does that just mean, "not tablets of Blis" or specifically food-related? Certainly bold target markets, but no idea of timing from this? Sounds imminent but is it?

"Sinopharm (the largest pharmaceutical company in China) is currently test-marketing consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 3 major cities through 30 pharmacies" 30 is good. And there is a photo of Blis very prominently displayed on a counter at one. Good partner to have, and they sound keen.

"Asia Pacific Partners is an important strategic partner with extensive business connections in Asia/Pacific and the Middle East. The first of their consumer products is close to launch." Close to launch? More news soon? Sounds good.

"New facility in the early stages of commercial production." Does that mean the factory is starting to fire on revenue? Or something else? Sounds like the former.

Bad news? None really, just that things have still been delayed?

Overall, this is a picture in line with my recent comments on compound growth. The company has got more channels in play now, and all channels seem to be doing just fine generally. China remains a slightly slow start, but obviously is still proceeding nicely anyway so far. The US appears to be open for business again (I think) but now has to regain momentum. Sales everywhere seem to be growing. New products. New markets.

All very rosy from where I'm sitting. Views?

And profit? Well, we still have to wait to see. The sales for the first 3 months have not propelled forward strongly, but we knew that the factory was awaiting approvals, that China wasn't really open yet and same US, so no surprise there? Seemingly those should be okay now or soon?

For profit update, we probably need to wait for the November update on sales. Hopefully they will announce Chinese approval before then, and maybe opening in new markets as well?

In general, the news continues to get better. Of course, some would say I'm always seeing the bright side! Nevertheless, I thought that sounded fairly healthy, all round.

Well done, Dunedin.

Discl: Obviously I own BLT shares.

Minerbarejet
25-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Excellent news from the AGM today. https://nzx.com/files/attachments/197397.pdf

But they are STILL talking of profitable operation during this year. Yay!

But still ambiguous on some important fronts.

"our expectations remain for doubling revenue in the current financial year and a move to profitable operations during the year." Okay, some figures at last. Now a doubling of revenue by my VERY rough spreadsheet (do your own) suggests to me that that would make a profit before R&D, and amortisation and depreciation. So a talk of moving to profitable operations this year could mean: (a) my spreadsheet is wrong; (b) they know of costs and income I can't guess at (such as their contract work); (c) the words "move to" mean they will be there by the end, but not necessarily as a bottom line of the year; (d) they mean operating profit, not net profit; (e) ??

"Market access issues in US: previous inventory issues in US now resolved but North American sales not yet delivering to expectations." So does this mean the doors are open in the US again? Seems so. But now need to pick up pace again? "Resolved" sounds like things are ready to go again here?

"Current business strategy will lead to a much broader base of consumer product sales and include contract packing." This innocuous sentence strikes me as great news. This means the company should be much less vulnerable to setbacks, and compound growth should be the norm now? If so, then Blis finally achieved a safe future? Views on this anyone? Seems a pretty important question to me.

"BLIS has approval of its production facilities as a dairy exporter. Also need country specific approvals – such as Taiwan, Malaysia and China. China takes longer. Approvals completed for NZ and Australia." Again, what does this mean. On the face of it, sales could commence now in Australasia of food-related products. But then it did not say they would. Not sure what to take from this. However, Chinese approval not yet achieved. But then neither has Synl. got that yet, and they are sounding confident.

"The nutritional formulations are intended for Australasia and Asian markets." and "Products will include ice cream powders, yoghurt powders, beverage and functional foods." What are nutritional formulations? Does that just mean, "not tablets of Blis" or specifically food-related? Certainly bold target markets, but no idea of timing from this? Sounds imminent but is it?

"Sinopharm (the largest pharmaceutical company in China) is currently test-marketing consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 3 major cities through 30 pharmacies" 30 is good. And there is a photo of Blis very prominently displayed on a counter at one. Good partner to have, and they sound keen.

"Asia Pacific Partners is an important strategic partner with extensive business connections in Asia/Pacific and the Middle East. The first of their consumer products is close to launch." Close to launch? More news soon? Sounds good.

"New facility in the early stages of commercial production." Does that mean the factory is starting to fire on revenue? Or something else? Sounds like the former.

Bad news? None really, just that things have still been delayed?

Overall, this is a picture in line with my recent comments on compound growth. The company has got more channels in play now, and all channels seem to be doing just fine generally. China remains a slightly slow start, but obviously is still proceeding nicely anyway so far. The US appears to be open for business again (I think) but now has to regain momentum. Sales everywhere seem to be growing. New products. New markets.

And profit? Well, we still have to wait to see. The sales for the first 3 months have not propelled forward strongly, but we knew that the factory was awaiting approvals, that China wasn't really open yet and same US, so no surprise there? Seemingly those should be okay now or soon?

For profit update, we probably need to wait for the November update on sales. Hopefully they will announce Chinese approval before then, and maybe opening in new markets as well?

In general, the news continues to get better. Of course, some would say I'm always seeing the bright side! Nevertheless, I thought that sounded fairly healthy, all round.

Well done, Dunedin.

Discl: Obviously I own BLT shares. Thanks Simla,
The picture on the last page says it for me. Its taking off.
Cheers
Miner
Disc: Glad I have some.

simla
25-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Actually, I missed the point of that, so thanks. That obviously refers to an NBR interview about 2 years ago in which the CEO said Blis had been a long time on the runway. And there's a picture of the plane lifting off from the runway! Priceless.

simla
25-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Haven't heard that one before, Moosie! Actually the I is all good for Blis. There is no debt (except accounts payable) and therefore interest is income, not expense.

I didn't consider the obvious possibility that the first half will be a loss presumably, so the second half could be an operating profit even without the whole year being positive. Also, if income is growing strongly at the end, the second half could be quite good even if the whole year isn't spectacular in total.

Minerbarejet
25-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Actually, I missed the point of that, so thanks. That obviously refers to an NBR interview about 2 years ago in which the CEO said Blis had been a long time on the runway. And there's a picture of the plane lifting off from the runway! Priceless.heres hoping the share price gets at the same angle of attack as the aircraft is at.:)

simla
25-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Some people will be feeling pretty comfortable about the stock picking contest anyway, I'd have thought.

Minerbarejet
25-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Some people will be feeling pretty comfortable about the stock picking contest anyway, I'd have thought.
Yes with PEB down one end and BLT at the other , cant go wrong. (much):)

emearg
25-07-2014, 06:08 PM

Nekta ( http://www.nekta.com/protec )is associated with Asia Pacific Partners:
http://directory.foodandbeverage.govt.nz/entries/673974-nekta-nutrition-ltd
http://www.globalwomen.org.nz/Our+Members/Adriana+Tong.html

Adriana Tong seems to have tried her hand at a number of things, some successfully as the Nekta site shows. She also lives somewhere rather nice based on the info I found. Probably doing okay...

Jenny Shipley has been associated with Nekta, but I don't know if there is an official connection.
http://www.globalwomen.org.nz/Our+Members/Rt+Hon+Dame+Jenny+Shipley.html

Do they have other things cooking? Very possible but I don't know.

emearg
25-07-2014, 06:13 PM
On the face of it, sales could commence now in Australasia of food-related products. But then it did not say they would

DrMilk is available now. I contacted the company and they sent the following:

Hi xyz

Yes we have Dr milk available now

$10 dollars a box of 8 sachets Plus freight ( $ 2.50 )
or a pack of 6 boxes ( 48 sachets ) for $60 dollars free freight.
The pack of 6 has 2 x banana, 2 x strawberry, and 2 x Chocolate

Cheers

Robert Barker
Sales Director
Dr Milk Limited
PO BOX 98
Lincoln 7640
New Zealand.
+6421433116 (tel:%2B6421433116)
robert.barker@nzifs.co.nz

GR8DAY
25-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Cheers simla for your analysis....great work once again.......i think im detecting some serious (albeit subdued) OPTIMISM creeping into your comments......and im getting excited again about Blis' prospects......all sounds good to me and im glad to be in there ........i hope we continue to see a steady pickup in share price also now. Point one of a cent per week will do just fine thank you. Good work Blis directors, keep up the good work with sales esp.

simla
25-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Well, three years ago things were looking pretty promising for Blis, but it was all focused on one key market in the US. This time around we seem to have a raft of sales outlets on the boil, so it's much harder to see it being torpedoed now? At that time, the company suddenly and simultaneously had to cope with the US market hitting a snag, deciding to change distributor, the share price having some fun, and all at the same time. Obviously a lot of people thought it was finished, but I never seriously considered it wouldn't grind on regardless, and sure enough things are looking not only recovered but very much more broadly based.

Look, anything could happen now, including bad news. But, by goodness, I'd have to be mad not to be optimistic at this point! Does anyone seriously feel otherwise?

simla
25-07-2014, 06:37 PM
And did people notice that we just picked up some pretty talented looking directors too? Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the info, Emearg. Are you going to admit to any optimism?

GR8DAY
25-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi simla.....so has there just bin a change in directors?......so who is the new talent? Ive been marketing BLIS to one of the top men at COMVITA 2day.......i think they shud get n2 bed 2getha......perfect match, hand in glove......COMVITA well established in asia also??

simla
26-07-2014, 07:11 AM
so who is the new talent?
That's quite a funny question in the context of your comments. Here's (https://nzx.com/files/attachments/195902.pdf) the nomination information. Search for the word Comvita. And here's (http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/comvita-healing-with-honey-uk) a 2005 article from his time at Comvita. Also, note the similarity between the news of Comvita at that time, and what Blis is up to.

The other candidate is a woman, which I think is a useful addition for a consumer-oriented company. She seems to have a lower profile on the net, but the CV (http://nz.linkedin.com/pub/veronica-aris/21/908/79) looks good. And this article (http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/north-shore-times/6268061/Mum-braves-wild-storm-at-sea) seems to be the same person and show a certain level of drive, I think! I'm pretty sure I've got the right person as the CV matches the nomination form.

They look good additions to the Board to me. Colin Dawson has stood down after many years at Blis, for which work I am grateful. This Board has earned it's keep in years that would have discouraged many others. I think many underestimate just how much work it is to launch this sort of company. Just look at all the startups of the time - ATM has made a profit and the others are still toiling hard to do so as far as I'm aware, but all looking like they should get there in the end. But a long road. Blis has done very well to arrive at this point.

simla
26-07-2014, 08:53 AM
ODT on the "upbeat" AGM. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/310649/blis-presents-upbeat-picture-shareholders

"expected ... Blis would be ''near breakeven'' for the current financial year." If that is confirmed by the November results (4 months from now) then might we expect a market update in February/March (7 or 8 months from now, and as has been released for several years now) reporting a second half operating profit, and predicting a full year profit for the period to follow? Ah, that is indeed the question! If only we knew.

emearg
26-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Dunno about being very rosy, but certainly showing some progress both internally and from partners on getting new products to market.

...Emearg. Are you going to admit to any optimism?

My optimism has been increasing, but Blis still needs to deliver financially. I'm more interested in seeing revenue growth in the short term versus profit, but becoming profitable is obviously incredibly important. Revenue growth will mean consumers are buying into the K12/M18 story. Without that Blis is buggered no matter how good their products or potential are.

simla
26-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Okay. You want to see actual figures. I'm optimistic we will see some figures soonish.We're not that far apart. Your caution has been justified before, I'm hoping it won't be this time!

November update only about 16 weeks away.

Nigel
02-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Had a quick chat with the guy on stand,
he said there had been some interest and had sold some product.

What products were they promoting? (ie Throat Guard etc, or K12 powder as an additive? Dr Milk? Infant powder?)

simla
04-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Good question, Nigel. Here's their facebook post on it, with photo. https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnologiesLtd/photos/a.106965989346960.4166.106885549355004/750001415043411/?type=1&relevant_count=1
If you click on download, you can see more clearly the Travel Guard, Throat Guard, Fresh Breath Kit, and the Toddlers powder, and the new M18 NZ product maybe called Dental Care, and also what looks like Dr Milk. But also the new product "Nekta Dental Protec", and the 2 other Nekta products - but saying "Supermarket Launch Soon!"

Minerbarejet
05-08-2014, 07:30 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROFqoUITZ_EFIcBSvwxwOiKYhh2AWmX OnIEByQ_HQB9cD2UcK1kQ
Found amongst googled images for Dr Milk. Seems there are quite a number of brands by that name. Could get confusing, especially in asia as a lot seem to emanate from there.

emearg
06-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Good question, Nigel. Here's their facebook post on it, with photo. https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnologiesLtd/photos/a.106965989346960.4166.106885549355004/750001415043411/?type=1&relevant_count=1
If you click on download, you can see more clearly the Travel Guard, Throat Guard, Fresh Breath Kit, and the Toddlers powder, and the new M18 NZ product maybe called Dental Care, and also what looks like Dr Milk. But also the new product "Nekta Dental Protec", and the 2 other Nekta products - but saying "Supermarket Launch Soon!"

Looks like they are doing an okay job with their tiny marketing budget. Good exposure for minimal spend :)

One thought that occurs to me is that a lot of punters would be put off seeing the sign Blis Technologies. Technologies? Not very consumer friendly really is it...perhaps the public branding should change to Blis Probiotics. And perhaps a company name change at some point? Any thoughts? I'm happy to contact Blis if others agree it might be time to present a more consumer focused name to the masses.

simla
06-08-2014, 11:05 AM
That's lateral thinking, Emearg. Well done!

Reservations? (a) I'm sure the company has more than enough to do at present (and spend money on). Consider how many people wondered if Telecom were nuts changing their name. (b) I'm not sure that it matters what the company is called if it succeeds, since companies use trade names. Unilever? Procter & Gamble? Between them they must make about half the stuff in the supermarket: Sunsilk. Tresemme.. Dove. Gilette. Pampers. Choysa. Lipton. Marmite. Streets ice cream. Etc, (c) I'm still looking for Blis to expand beyond K12 and M18, so will that be the best long term name? We don't know what their plans are after they gain decent revenue on existing products, but I'm guessing this is the beginning of the journey, not the end.

So maybe longer term, but probably now would be way too disruptive and expensive. By all means suggest it to them as a longer term move though.

Yeah, as branding short term? Still feels a bit disruptive to me, but maybe. Certainly there was no need for "Blis Technologies" to be the biggest words on that stand, and "Blis Probiotics" would have attracted more visitors probably.

False Profit
06-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Looks like they are doing an okay job with their tiny marketing budget. Good exposure for minimal spend :)

One thought that occurs to me is that a lot of punters would be put off seeing the sign Blis Technologies. Technologies? Not very consumer friendly really is it...perhaps the public branding should change to Blis Probiotics. And perhaps a company name change at some point? Any thoughts? I'm happy to contact Blis if others agree it might be time to present a more consumer focused name to the masses.

Don't know about others but now I've read Blis Probiotics it's far more aesthetically pleasing than Blis Tech. I know a thing or two about names as my I've created the best user handle on this site. That's a fact. :cool:

fungus pudding
06-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Don't know about others but now I've read Blis Probiotics it's far more aesthetically pleasing than Blis Tech. I know a thing or two about names as my I've created the best user handle on this site. That's a fact. :cool:

Well what is it, and why don't you use it?

False Profit
06-08-2014, 01:03 PM
ooh you're just dripping with sarcasm aren't ya? Ok Fungus P is a close second...

GR8DAY
07-08-2014, 10:18 AM
That's lateral thinking, Emearg. Well done!

Reservations? (a) I'm sure the company has more than enough to do at present (and spend money on). Consider how many people wondered if Telecom were nuts changing their name. (b) I'm not sure that it matters what the company is called if it succeeds, since companies use trade names. Unilever? Procter & Gamble? Between them they must make about half the stuff in the supermarket: Sunsilk. Tresemme.. Dove. Gilette. Pampers. Choysa. Lipton. Marmite. Streets ice cream. Etc, (c) I'm still looking for Blis to expand beyond K12 and M18, so will that be the best long term name? We don't know what their plans are after they gain decent revenue on existing products, but I'm guessing this is the beginning of the journey, not the end.

So maybe longer term, but probably now would be way too disruptive and expensive. By all means suggest it to them as a longer term move though.

Yeah, as branding short term? Still feels a bit disruptive to me, but maybe. Certainly there was no need for "Blis Technologies" to be the biggest words on that stand, and "Blis Probiotics" would have attracted more visitors probably.

YES I WOULD SUPPORT A NAME CHANGE TO "BLIS PROBIOTICS".....rolls off the tongue quite well too (sorry)

airedale
07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
While you are discussing the name, I have just returned from an overseas trip with long periods cooped up in a plane with hundreds of others. I used Travel Guard. I did not catch or suffer from the usual infections which abound when travelling. Not a scientific study but I would buy the product again.

simla
20-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Blis have their RMP for Dairy export. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/254116 "This is a significant achievement for the Company as it allows execution of its plan to increase revenue from nutritional formulations."

But what does the RMP mean? The full year report to March said (p6) "Upon receipt of full export accreditation, finished products will be marketed in Australasia, Asia and [parts of Europe". This would appear to be that, at least? Good, if so.

Is this part of the China deal? We don't know because I don't believe we are aware of whether they intend to send dairy based products to China or not (although it seems likely?) However, the NZ government website seems to make it clear that the RMP is required to export to China, but doesn't make it clear if that is enough or whether there is another layer on top of that. So not clear, to me anyway, whether this impacts on sales to China, or whether they are just sending tablets there.

However, it seems fairly reasonable to conclude this means the company can proceed with new vigour from its factory, and increase revenue. Hopefully this is finally the launch of noticeable volumes of food-based sales, which is surely the point, and which we have awaited for some time, and with some interest.

simla
20-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Was this the balloon finally going up? Quite possibly.

Does that mean they now have sufficient permissions to meet their projected profit in a bit? Quite possibly. Unfortunately, it is not clear as they didn't say that. Instinct tells me this announcement mattered one way or another. I guess the November update will be needed to make that any clearer unless we hear more in the meantime.

GR8DAY
20-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Was this the balloon finally going up? Quite possibly.

Does that mean they now have sufficient permissions to meet their projected profit in a bit? Quite possibly. Unfortunately, it is not clear as they didn't say that. Instinct tells me this announcement mattered one way or another. I guess the November update will be needed to make that any clearer unless we hear more in the meantime.

Surely excellent news SIMLA and yet further evidence that things are rolling along very nicely (thank-you) for BLIS. This is what I like to see with any company...slow steady growth, none of this boom and bust stuff we often see. The SP (ie demand fo shares) seems to be responding positively also, which is good to see......anybodies guess where we might be in a few years on that count......I'd be happy with something closer to 10c.....but who knows? Right now Im a happy shareholder and I do like the steady flow of positive announcements trickling through. Well done directors and keep up the good work.

Sgt Pepper
20-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Surely excellent news SIMLA and yet further evidence that things are rolling along very nicely (thank-you) for BLIS. This is what I like to see with any company...slow steady growth, none of this boom and bust stuff we often see. The SP (ie demand fo shares) seems to be responding positively also, which is good to see......anybodies guess where we might be in a few years on that count......I'd be happy with something closer to 10c.....but who knows? Right now Im a happy shareholder and I do like the steady flow of positive announcements trickling through. Well done directors and keep up the good work.

Totally agree , .BLIS has potentially some very exciting growth trajectory ahead, especially as probiotics major role with the boundaries of antibiotic therapy imminent

Bobcat.
20-08-2014, 07:31 PM
The share price rise this time around has an hint of maturity to it, don't you think?

Previous ones have been highly speculative, short bursts that all too quickly fizzled out. We are now seeing an upward momentum that could well endure.

Blis - you have finally arrived. We know that you've been willing for a decade or more to get thus far, but only now also able to take those of us patient and kind enough to still be holding (after many, many years of loyal devotion) onward and upward into a brighter future...to where no pro-biotic has gone before.

How's that name change and re-branding coming alone?

simla
21-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I think we might pause and acknowledge.

In 2006 a small struggling company called Blis Technologies conducted a business review. The results were announced to the shareholders in 2007. Since then, we've watched that plan being implemented.

Consider this from the 2008 annual report. "The implementation and execution of the new business strategy announced in 2007 has been the focus of the company over the past 12 months. The emphasis of this strategy is on the development of key business relationships and the establishment of partnerships with companies with substantial regional and global marketing reach."

Appointments were made for Business Development and Logistics Manager and Chief Scientific Officer and Marketing Manager. Efforts were made on intellectual property and regulatory matters. Targets were "every major market globally" apparently. We first heard mention of the need for a pipeline of products, since when we have had M18 and Q24. The NZ market approach was overhauled, which we see the fruits of now. Immediately work was done on stabilising and extending the possible environments of the product, which fruit we are again seeing now with stable product both on the shelf and in food environments. Scientific work was emphasised along with publishing, and Blis started to appear in the press. Work was commenced on the manufacturing side too, the fruits of which we are again seeing now in both capability and cost structure.

The words "functional foods" were right there from the beginning of that strategy. (And, ominously, even in 2008 they mentioned "increasing regulatory approval required". Well, that sure understated what followed!)

So there it was, all writ large in the 2008 report, describing the first year of action on that plan.

And now the first functional food manufacturing facility fires into action. Yes, the ice cream preceded it, but it is true that they only said at the time that that was proof of concept and there is no such hedging going on now, I believe. This is the real thing.

And with that latest announcement, the plan is fully implemented. What a huge and audacious undertaking, and what a huge achievement. Yes, things swerved a bit here and there (and some years need not be remembered fondly perhaps), and yes we hoped it would be quicker, but this company set a plan and then made it work in the face of whatever followed next.

Well done.

Now we wait and see how well the plan pays off, and how well it scales up. Looking promising at this point.

Much water will yet flow under this bridge. But let us pause and notice that the bridge has now been completed. That is quite an achievement.

winner69
21-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I think we might pause and acknowledge.

In 2006 a small struggling company called Blis Technologies conducted a business review. The results were announced to the shareholders in 2007. Since then, we've watched that plan being implemented.

Consider this from the 2008 annual report. "The implementation and execution of the new business strategy announced in 2007 has been the focus of the company over the past 12 months. The emphasis of this strategy is on the development of key business relationships and the establishment of partnerships with companies with substantial regional and global marketing reach."

Appointments were made for Business Development and Logistics Manager and Chief Scientific Officer and Marketing Manager. Efforts were made on intellectual property and regulatory matters. Targets were "every major market globally" apparently. We first heard mention of the need for a pipeline of products, since when we have had M18 and Q24. The NZ market approach was overhauled, which we see the fruits of now. Immediately work was done on stabilising and extending the possible environments of the product, which fruit we are again seeing now with stable product both on the shelf and in food environments. Scientific work was emphasised along with publishing, and Blis started to appear in the press. Work was commenced on the manufacturing side too, the fruits of which we are again seeing now in both capability and cost structure.

The words "functional foods" were right there from the beginning of that strategy. (And, ominously, even in 2008 they mentioned "increasing regulatory approval required". Well, that sure understated what followed!)

So there it was, all writ large in the 2008 report, describing the first year of action on that plan.

And now the first functional food manufacturing facility fires into action. Yes, the ice cream preceded it, but it is true that they only said at the time that that was proof of concept and there is no such hedging going on now, I believe. This is the real thing.

And with that latest announcement, the plan is fully implemented. What a huge and audacious undertaking, and what a huge achievement. Yes, things swerved a bit here and there (and some years need not be remembered fondly perhaps), and yes we hoped it would be quicker, but this company set a plan and then made it work in the face of whatever followed next.

Well done.

Now we wait and see how well the plan pays off, and how well it scales up. Looking promising at this point.

Much water will yet flow under this bridge. But let us pause and notice that the bridge has now been completed. That is quite an achievement.

Jeez Simla - what a story

Hope you get invited to do a presentation at the ASM. More passion from you than the BLT team

Admire your ongoing faith and perseverance during th time that Blis have burned through tens of millions of dollars

That corner dairy I talked about before, he has two corner dairies now. His turnover still probably more than Blis do

simla
21-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but it's been a boom time for dairies ...

No, I'm particularly pointing out that the company set out on a truly audacious plan from a tiny resource base. It has in fact now implemented that plan, although we obviously hope for much more to come, and I think it deserves noting.

simla
21-08-2014, 02:18 PM
during th time that Blis have burned through tens of millions of dollars

Hey, XRO just announced, "Net operating and investing cash outflows for the current quarter were NZ$17.3 million" https://nzx.com/companies/XRO/announcements/253353 That's just three months by my maths. All things are relative. :)

blobbles
24-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Good write up for BLIS today on the stuff site:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/small-business/10413104/Dunedin-manufacturer-to-launch-probiotic-in-Asia

Bump in SP coming up?

simla
24-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow, thanks for that, Blobbles. I missed that. Quite some nice quotes in there:

"The new funds are expected to see the company through until it hits its forecast profitability next year. "

"Tong said they were combining Blis' oral probiotic with Nekta's kiwifruit-based beverages under the brand name Nekta Blis, and a distribution deal was close to being signed in Singapore."

"Richardson said China's largest pharmaceutical company Sinopharm has said it will distribute Blis products in 600 stores in the next few weeks following a successful trial in three stores. "

All three sentences would have been excellent news by themselves, but together that is really warming news.

simla
24-08-2014, 05:45 PM
And there was an accompanying article giving a bit of detail on Asia Pacific Partners Ltd, which is pretty hard to find on the net normally. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/10416458/Overcoming-the-culture-clash

It also mentions that "The [Nekta Group]'s products are in New Zealand supermarkets and the majority are exported to 17 countries including China."

simla
24-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Bump in SP coming up?
Hard to see the November update being anything but upbeat at this point.

simla
24-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Interesting to speculate here. That article said, "Dunedin-based oral health probiotic manufacturer Blis Technologies is about to launch a co-branded product with the Nekta Group into Asia." The DrMilk site says, "Dr Milk is a joint venture business with BLIS Technologies".

Yet, are either of these the main intention of what the factory is for? The news last week said the factory "has now been cleared to export dairy products". And this last article said, "The delay was due to additional audit requirements imposed to ensure export access to China."

Are either of those the main event? No knowing. But the last annual report said, "these products include beverages, yoghurt powders and other formulations". More to come? Interesting? It is a whole new market sector for Blis and we really are getting a fairly guarded description of what to expect so far, maybe?

Chippie
25-08-2014, 09:19 AM
I do not think the news could get any better.

Years ago when I first researched BLT, China was always the biggest market that would really make the company.

Keep the news coming as between everyone on this site all the info in being captured. :)

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 10:17 AM
WOW.......this has now gone beyond just "encouraging" to outright "exciting" !!......are we about to see the long awaited explosion on the sales front? Hopefully, possibly even dare I say it probably.....given they have stated that within a few weeks Blis will be presented in no less than 600 stores after having been trialled already?? (or words to that effect)

Nigel
25-08-2014, 10:22 AM
WOW.......this has now gone beyond just "encouraging" to outright "exciting" !!......are we about to see the long awaited explosion on the sales front? Hopefully, possibly even dare I say it probably.....given they have stated that within a few weeks Blis will be presented in no less than 600 stores after having been trialled already?? (or words to that effect)

Sinopharm has always been a key outcome for me. They are the largest pharma distributor in China. After the Sinopharm visit 6-9 months ago, there was no real 'news'. I was quite dismayed by this, thinking that maybe they weren't interested in progressing the relationship. To hear that there has been a successful trial and now a 600 store roll-out is massively encouraging.

The recent addiitons to the Board were very high callibre, and the Nektar and Dr Milk products look very strong.

Shareprice responding well today.

Bobcat.
25-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Yep - I've lifted my sell price to 3c (previous resistance). Planning to surf this stock onward and upward. Today's announcement sure has given it legs.

simla
25-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Looking good for you on the Stock Picking Contest, Nigel!

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 10:30 AM
......just the best news ever for Blis and its long suffering shareholders. Well done directors for "pushing on" and keeping the faith! Maybe now , just maybe us believers will finally get our just rewards. Lets not forget also this is only one of several positive announcements over the last 6mnths.......so I do think we now have solid ground to build upon over the coming years.

Bilbo
25-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I feel for those sellers first thing this morning before the market announcement came out at 10.07am, especially given that the stuff article mentioning the same expansion of Chinese pharmacies stocking the products was published over the weekend. The release should have gone out at 9am.

Anyway, great to see the price action and here's to a fun ride for all the long suffering long term holders.

Bobcat.
25-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Someone has pulled the 29s - bobcat you're next.
Blue skies just ahead.:):):)

They weren't pulled mate - they were taken out. 2.9c is so far today's intraday high (up almost 50% !!). If my 3's get taken, I'll be trying to come back in to buy somewhere around 2.5c. If it doesn't get taken today, I'll be lifting it higher ahead of tomorrow's trading.

This one's feisty, with curves.

simla
25-08-2014, 10:49 AM
$98k through the market already, 10:49 am. People liked the news.

Minerbarejet
25-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Hmmmm, end of day could be interesting, see what the support level is like. See vwap is 25, support falling away though.

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Yep - I've lifted my sell price to 3c (previous resistance). Planning to surf this stock onward and upward. Today's announcement sure has given it legs.

......you are joking BC. Sell? Dont you mean buy?.....surely! Why on earth would you even consider selling on news like this....and more to come. Now is the time to accumulate 2c 3c 4c it doesnt really matter. Blis is only now gathering the strength and momentum for sustainable growth over coming years......the very last thing I would be contemplating is to sell shares. Blis is a company with excellent prospects......onwards and upwards I believe!!

simla
25-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Hearing you say that is even more miraculous than the share price movement, Moosie :)

hummerh40
25-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I bought in today at 2.9, but my initial buy-in price late last year means my average purchase price is still 2c, so 30% above market price. Hopefully the trend still continues

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 11:22 AM
.....Agree SIMLA. Hey nice little endorsement there MOOSIE......never too late at these prices to jump on board. The difference to this and past wild swings (and yes I was trading myself and did very well thankyou)...is I believe we just might have something more mature and sustainable happening now. Im not tempted in the slightest to trade out of my not insignificant position.

Bobcat.
25-08-2014, 11:26 AM
......you are joking BC. Sell? Dont you mean buy?.....surely! Why on earth would you even consider selling on news like this....and more to come. Now is the time to accumulate 2c 3c 4c it doesnt really matter. Blis is only now gathering the strength and momentum for sustainable growth over coming years......the very last thing I would be contemplating is to sell shares. Blis is a company with excellent prospects......onwards and upwards I believe!!

Agree on the latter. I'm trading it...and I don't want to get greedy. If you have a look at the last time it spiked, it rose about the same amount (50%) in a single day, and then dropped away for a while. I observe the charts when trading stocks (which can be very different for different stocks). A 90% profit in just a couple of months is good enough. After it spikes and dips again, I plan to come back in.

Hey, I like surfing!

BC

Toasty
25-08-2014, 11:28 AM
They weren't pulled mate - they were taken out. 2.9c is so far today's intraday high (up almost 50% !!). If my 3's get taken, I'll be trying to come back in to buy somewhere around 2.5c. If it doesn't get taken today, I'll be lifting it higher ahead of tomorrow's trading.

This one's feisty, with curves.

Are you out now Bobcat? I follow your trading strategies with interest. Your analysis is always well thought out and you are realistic about outcomes.

Dics: not a holder. Just enjoying the story. (Congrats to Simla as well. Nice to see loyalty rewarded.)

blobbles
25-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Bit more detail would be nice, I am in China, would be good to know what store they will be in so I can keep my eye on them.

NT001
25-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Here's the latest from BusinessDesk, so it's being noticed.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1408/S00828/blis-technology-stock-jumped-50-on-news-of-wider-rollout-th.htm

simla
25-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks for that link to BusinessDesk. "This is still an early phase of commercialisation ," chief executive Barry Richardson told BusinessDesk. "If you think about the size of China, then it's not a large number (of pharmacies) in relation to that. Suffice to say, they are pretty positive about the development to go to the next level."

NT001
25-08-2014, 12:43 PM
It's nice to see that lift in SP, but throughput is pretty low, still well under $200,000. It could just be one or two buyers playing around.

Nigel
25-08-2014, 12:47 PM
It's nice to see that lift in SP, but throughput is pretty low, still well under $200,000. It could just be one or two buyers playing around.

For BLT that's pretty big volume - third biggest day ever (I think) and it's not finished yet! Like others, I'm trying not to get too excited as we've seen these sudden spikes before. Who know's what the SP will do next, but certainly the work the company is doing is all very positive. Very encouraging developments.

Bobcat.
25-08-2014, 12:49 PM

The most BLT shares that we have seen traded in a single day at anytime over the past 3 years has been 8m. After less than 3 hrs trading today, we have already exceeded 7m. It's all relative, I know, but I would say that today's volume is very high.

simla
25-08-2014, 12:52 PM
The share price may bob about in the short term. But the important point is that real news is accumulating. Sooner or later the funds are going to work out that they've been caught napping on this one.

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 12:59 PM
This "should" just be the beginning of even more good news. For starters just imagine the product that has recently been moved to stock around 600 pharmacies in China!....and it's not like they would risk being caught with empty shelves either...so you can think of a number then double or treble it!! Sinopharm would have gone into this with "eyes wide open". Thorough research would have been done followed by their market testing (as stated).... so clearly they will have the confidence there to fully roll this across the entire country....if indeed that it their plan. (600 pharmacies may NOT even be the full roll out?) THE SKIES THE LIMIT. Simla do you know where are we at with things in the States?

Minerbarejet
25-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Half out on the double, awaiting further developments.:)

silverblizzard888
25-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Sinopharm also known as China National Pharmaceutical Group Corporation is quoted by Bloomberg to have about 700 pharmacies, so I think its likely this is the full roll out in terms of a partnership with Sinopharm in China with their main owned pharmacies, so not likely any more increase in pharmacies numbers. I guess they are been given full confidence and whats left for BLT to do is ensure they deliver on their products, while looking to expand in other product areas or countries.

*Though this number does not include their many subsidaries that they own, but wasn't able to find the number on that. Looks like they are rolling out with the pharmacies they directly own, then potentially to their subsidaries, but thats only a hunch.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=22516491

emearg
25-08-2014, 01:26 PM
... For starters just imagine the product that has recently been moved to stock around 600 pharmacies in China!....and it's not like they would risk being caught with empty shelves either...so you can think of a number then double or treble it!! Sinopharm would have gone into this with "eyes wide open". Thorough research would have been done followed by their market testing (as stated).... so clearly they will have the confidence there to fully roll this across the entire country....if indeed that it their plan. (600 pharmacies may NOT even be the full roll out?) THE SKIES THE LIMIT...

I wouldn't expect 600 to be the full roll-out. Sinopharm directly operates approximately 1600 pharmacies, and has another approximately 300 operated by franchisees.

Anybody interested in knowing more about Sinopharm should read this:
http://www.aastocks.com/en/Stock/CompanyFundamental.aspx?CFType=1&symbol=01099

The research I did a month ago revealed nothing about a product from Nekta containing Blis probiotics in juice. Is this for real or just a reporter getting it wrong? Please share with us if you know anything solid about this development.

I don't believe Nekta are linked with the DrMilk products.

By understanding is now about a month old (I looked into the directors and owners of both companies and discovered a number of new products that I wasn't aware of before then) so I am happy to be bought up to date!

simla
25-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't expect 600 to be the full roll-out. Sinopharm directly operates approximately 1600 pharmacies, and has another approximately 300 operated by franchisees.
Yes, the website of Sinopharm says the stores are Guoda, http://www.sinopharm.com/p382.aspx. And guodadrugstores.com says (translation) " As of the end of 2013, the National Pharmacy by autogenous and epitaxial both the development, has been in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Liaoning, Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Shandong, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Ningxia, Xinjiang, Shanxi, Hunan, Henan , Inner Mongolia and other provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions established 25 regional chain, covering more than 60 cities nationwide, with more than 2,000 retail pharmacies, forming a network spread all over the store layout, and continued to achieve significant sales and scale fast Growth:" http://translate.google.co.nz/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.guodadrugstores.com/about.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%252Bsite:www.guodadrugstores.com%26c lient%3Dubuntu%26hs%3Dkuk%26channel%3Dfs

And let's not forget that population is pretty dense in China, so each store could be seeing a lot of foot traffic too.

As for the Nekta Blis, quite real. The article in the weekend was with the owner of Nekta, and part of Asia Pacific. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/small-business/10413104/Dunedin-manufacturer-to-launch-probiotic-in-Asia

No,.Nekta and Dr Milk appear to have no link. But my point of the other day is that neither of them are Blis either. May be many more doors down this road therefore?

silverblizzard888
25-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Check out Nekta's website it shows the kiwifruit drink (likely this is the one they are adding blis to), some travel, throat and dental products they have already done with Blis and Infant formula (could be what they are collaborating to add blis to as well).

http://www.nekta.com/

blobbles
25-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Likely to be in the guoda pharmacies, will keep an eye out when I see them in the next couple of months... (guo da = 国大 = big country!)

simla
25-08-2014, 02:03 PM
If you see them, Blobbles, it would be interesting to know the price they sell at. And naturally whether anyone in store is recommending them to you with any knowledge when you get there.

NT001
25-08-2014, 02:11 PM
And whether they are promoting it, Bobbles.

blobbles
25-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Yep, will check in the pharmacies over the next few months and keep this thread updated if I see them. :-)

simla
25-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Blobbles.

hummerh40
25-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Down the hill she goes

Bobcat.
25-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Back in at 2.4c. Keep dropping....and then back up tomorrow.

hummerh40
25-08-2014, 03:12 PM
yea think so too, have an order in at 2.4, we'll see how it goes

youngatheart
25-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Not to worry, as according to the charts, share price was expected to rise anyways because at 0.02c it did that crossover thing with the thing...lol.6174

simla
25-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey, never mind the share price. The great news for those of us who have stuck with this company through thick and thin is the likelihood that we won't have to write out yet another cheque to keep them alive another year. Those days look to be behind us, though they might yet make an issue for expansion - but at a far better price in future. And better still is the likelihood that they'll start giving cheques back to us after a bit, hard to judge when. So the really good news here is that there is really good news here.

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 03:46 PM
.....thank-you Chartists for confirming what we already know. Growth plan about to be realized!

simla
25-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Simla do you know where are we at with things in the States?

It's very hard to judge only from the net. But since the company announced that the situation in the US had been "resolved" at the AGM (https://nzx.com/files/attachments/197397.pdf) I have definitely felt that Blis was appearing more actively on the net in the US. A very subjective statement I'm afraid. But, for instance, the company said the US was almost resolved in the annual report of 23 May, and this product appears about the same time. http://www.rightwaynutrition.com/node/21. Or this one http://www.twinlab.com/product/triple-action-oral-health-dots%E2%84%A2.

GR8DAY
25-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Cheers Simla.......soooooo many products/ brands using our Blis now as an additive! Shelf presence must be going through the roof.......great to see. I cant help but think sales growth is going to go "exponential" from here on in? Am i dreaming or being realistic ??

simla
25-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Am i dreaming or being realistic ??
No, not dreaming in my opinion anyway. My phrase now is "compound growth". We were hopeful when Blis hit Costco a few years ago, which didn't work out as expected (for no reason related to Blis as I saw it) and then we had to wait quite a while for more good news as it happened. But that was a single gamble on early good sales of a single product in a single outlet. This time it's clearly multiple irons in the fire.

Add in the great news that with compound growth the pay off just gets better each year. Add in the possible higher growth factor from Blis building footholds simultaneously in Asia, Europe and now the US afresh. And add in the possible higher growth factor of functional food. Well ...

However, Emearg will quite correctly point out that the time to count your chickens is when you have them in the coop, not before. Still, it's encouraging that they keep repeating talk of profitability next year, although that remains a vague phrase so far. I guess they feel they have gained a lot more market access but can't know how soon that will pay off.

Certainly the situation will be a lot more certain when/if they actually announce a profit, whenever that is. But meanwhile the share market has an interesting question. The share price has been set for some time on the basis that this company was unlikely to make a profit. Since the situation suddenly is the reverse of that - that profit seems the more likely outcome suddenly - the question turns to how much profit would they make if so, and over what time span. And then, if so, what are the shares worth now?

The share price is subject to several forces now, I feel. One lot are undoubtedly speculating on short term volatility. Another lot are trying to build positions to hold. And then on a slower basis you can't help thinking the funds will have to come in on this after a bit. All of which could make it pretty hard to settle into a new pattern maybe?

Discl: (a) Obviously I hold. (b) Blis has always had the capacity for unexpected news, both good and bad. No knowing the future.

Minerbarejet
25-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Im starting to get the impression they can chuck this stuff into just about anything at the moment, is this a correct assumption ?
Or is it related to dairy only or solo as in the tablets.

simla
25-08-2014, 08:14 PM
They have done a lot of work to make it stable in several environments to judge by the annual reports. For things like liquids in particular, my understanding from the net is they needed to conquer encapsulation. Last time I researched that, a few years ago, that was a major challenge for everyone in this field, but they seem to have arrived at something. My understanding is that they then test retention from each actual use as well, rather than just assume it. As far as I'm aware from the annual reports it now goes in tablets, powder, yoghurt, ice cream and liquid. But I haven't researched that to death. And I think they have also done work on what temperature range it can take. So the breadth of application is entirely down to their doing an awful lot of work, one application at a time, as you might imagine from how hard it would be to keep a bacteria viable.

So short answer - it will go only in those environments they've done a lot of work on.

emearg
25-08-2014, 09:38 PM
As for the Nekta Blis, quite real. The article in the weekend was with the owner of Nekta, and part of Asia Pacific. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/small-business/10413104/Dunedin-manufacturer-to-launch-probiotic-in-Asia

Newpapers get the facts wrong so often it is best to be cautious so I will wait until I see a photo or description of the product before adding it to the product list. For anybody interested I'll post the list here shortly. It has grown pretty big so will span several posts.

emearg
25-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Check out Nekta's website it shows the kiwifruit drink (likely this is the one they are adding blis to), some travel, throat and dental products they have already done with Blis and Infant formula (could be what they are collaborating to add blis to as well).

http://www.nekta.com/

Didn't Blis rule out Infant formula...or was that just regarding China?

emearg
25-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Here is the product list as I know it.

Last time I posted this list I it included the links to these products but tonight I can't find the option that allows this to be done just by pasting in the HTML?

Generally the newer products are at the bottom of each category. And by new I mean new to me i.e. when I first became aware of them.

K12:
Natures Plus - Adult's Ear, Nose & Throat Lozenges with K12 Probiotics -- Tropical Cherry
Natures Plus - Animal Parade® Children's Chewable Inner Ear Support
Swanson - Ultra Oral Probiotic
Solaray - Oral Flora
VegLife - Ear, Nose & Throat Shield
LEF - Advanced Oral Hygiene
Biogenesis - Pro Flora Oral Health Chewables
Verjung (formerly Epoca (Japanese market))
True Botanicas - Throat Defense™
True Botanicas - True Defense for Adults
Cultured Care - Probiotic Gum
Bio-Kick Throat Shield Daily (rebranded Blis Throat Guard Daily)
Bio-Kick Throat Shield Strong (rebranded Blis Throat Guard Boost)
OralHealth PLUS
NOW OralBiotic
E.N.T Biotic
Pro-S Daily Lozenges
Ora-Probiotic
Garden of Life - Raw Cleanse
Biotect (Japanese market)
Bio Protect (Japanese Market)
Wynlife All-In-One Probiotics
Institute for Specialised Medicine - Oral Probiotic Blis K12
entraFresh
Lorodent Adult and Lorodent Children (Russian market)
Darapet halitosis (Swiss market for dogs)
Wysong Dentatatreat - Canine/Feline Tooth Powder
Anlit Yomi Blis
Neem Tooth & Gum Powder (Mint or Cinnamon)
Dulce Nutritionals Dent.X
Yum.V's Dent.X
Dentacorp Freshadent
SupHerb Bio Blis
SupHerb Bio Blis Kids
Brochure
Bactoblis
Oral-PB
Natures Plus - Ageloss Hearing Support Capsules
Natures Plus - Ageloss Digestion Support Capsules
BioBalance
OraCidin
HoneyBlis
Twinlab, Triple Action Oral Health Dots
Ajin Blis K12
Dr Milk (milk powder)
Nekta - Travel Protec
Nekta - Throat Protec
Blis K12 Probiotic Toddler Powder
RightWay ProENT

KForce
Aktiv-k12
Blis Throat Guard Daily
Blis Throat Guard Boost
Blis Travel Guard
Blis Fresh Breath Kit

M18:
Natures Plus - Animal Parade® Tooth Fairy™ Children’s Chewable Dental Probiotic
Natures Plus - Adult’s Dental Care Probiotic Lozenges - Peppermint
Premier Research Labs - DentaVen
Pair Dental Probiotic Blis M18
OraBliss
Carioblis
Blis Savilva Ace
OralZym-F
Nekta - Dental Protec

Includes K12 and M18:
Natures Plus - Whole Food Total Body Cleanse with Açai (Vegetarian Capsules)
Natures Plus - Ultra Lipoic™ Bi-Layered Mini-Tab
Natures Plus - Ultra Lipoic™ Bi-Layered Tablets
Natures Plus - Ultra Probiotics Vegetarian Capsules
Natures Plus - POWER TEEN® For Him Chewable Multi - Wild Berry
Natures Plus - POWER TEEN® For Her Chewable Multi - Wild Berry
Natures Plus - POWER TEEN® Immune Booster Chewable Multi - Wild Berry
Natures Plus - Source of Life® GOLD Tablets
Natures Plus - Source of Life® GOLD Vcaps
Natures Plus - Source of Life® GOLD Mini-Tabs
Natures Plus - Source of Life® GOLD Energy Shake - Tropical Berry (available in two product formats (can or packet))
Natures Plus - Source of Life® GOLD Chewables - Tropical Fruit
Garden of Life - Immune Balance™ Rapid Extra Strength
Natures Plus - Source of Life® Animal Parade® GOLD Children's Chewable Multi - Cherry Flavor
Natures Plus - Miracle Essentials™ Tablets -- Multi-Vitamin Boosting Supplement
TheraBreath MultiSympton Probiotic
Jarro-Dophilus Oral Probiotic - lozenge and gum products
Carotec Oral Probiotic
iChoice Reach
iChoice Block
U!be Smile - originally was K12 only
Great Oral Health - Advanced Oral Probiotic
Blis Care II- Japanese market - originally was K12 only

simla
25-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks a lot for that, Emearg. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were getting optimistic!

I think Blis have said they are not intending to make infant formula at the Dunedin plant, but I don't recall them saying anything broader than that, so who knows longer term.

Balance
26-08-2014, 07:44 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11314115

Continuous disclosure breach?

FMA puts on its denture and will bite - it's a small company, see?

NZX meanwhile exuberantly takes the opportunity to show it is serious about regulations.

Company gets fined and all of Blis shareholders suffer the penalty.

GR8DAY
26-08-2014, 08:06 AM
.....just a case of too much good news coming out of the company all at once I think Balance.....they cant keep up with it!! LOL

Harvey Specter
26-08-2014, 08:15 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11314115

Continuous disclosure breach?

FMA puts on its denture and will bite - it's a small company, see?yet a company director (and former CEO) can sell her shares 2 days before a negative announcement.

Keep it up FMA.

Plus isn't this the company where a director/major shareholder deliberately manipulated the shareprice for personal gain - nothing to see here.

simla
26-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Don't suppose the FMA/NZX are too pleased to be looking at this really.Seven minutes is unfortunate, but clearly also demonstrates that it was just a slip on a Monday morning. And even if that full $24k had sold out at 3.1 later in the morning instead of the 2.5 it closed at, which isn't that likely anyway, it was a worst case of about $10k of the $258k that sold that day. I haven't a clue what I would do if I was them.

GR8DAY
26-08-2014, 10:12 AM
.....I think they just need to take a deep breath, drop a couple of Blis K12s and go do some real work. It's a non event in the scheme of things.

Harvey Specter
26-08-2014, 10:23 AM
It's a non event in the scheme of things.Exactly. Plenty of other examples to concern themselves with with much larger $ impacts. How about the lyttleton port takeover announcement which was hidden in a SSH notice - deemed a non issue..

Minerbarejet
26-08-2014, 10:34 AM
So who is going to blink first this morning- 25/26 or 29
This is hilarious after yesterdays nearly 10 mil and all thats changed hands so far is 34000

silverblizzard888
26-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Slow morning, good build up at 2.5, but most of the sell sides at 3 or above.

Harvey Specter
26-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't think this is a non event tbh. I agree. But if they are going to start doing their job properly, this is not the one to start with.

Edit: lets face it, any serious trader would already have read it since the SST article was linked on here. serves you right if you aren't consulting this site for your investments! ;)

simla
26-08-2014, 11:14 AM
BLT ... should know better.
I don't think being seven minutes late on a Monday morning shows you didn't take it seriously, since obviously they did attempt to make the announcement early. It more likely shows that you just got approval for your factory to go into full production a few days previously and have your hands pretty full on all fronts.

As for the authorities, I actually think they have improved a lot from the old days and are getting a little better every year. It must be admitted that they have a very difficult role. And they have acknowledged this situation only the next day.

Nigel
26-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't think being seven minutes late on a Monday morning shows you didn't take it seriously, since obviously they did attempt to make the announcement early..

My guess is that they had submitted the announcement prior to 10am but it wasn't 'processed' in time by NZX. In any case, Blis shouldn't be disclosing price sensitive information to reporters (unless under embargo) until it's been announced via the NZX.

The impact of this doesn't seem to be significant however - first trades were at 2.2c, even after the announcement came out I think trades still went through at 2.2c. Would people have pulled sell bids at 10.07am as soon as the announcement was released? Unlikely. People watching the stock that closely would have already been across the news.

Harvey Specter
26-08-2014, 11:27 AM
My guess is that they had submitted the announcement prior to 10am but it wasn't 'processed' in time by NZX. In any case, Blis shouldn't be disclosing price sensitive information to reporters (unless under embargo) until it's been announced via the NZX. I do wonder what time it was submitted.

emearg
26-08-2014, 11:35 AM
...in any case, Blis shouldn't be disclosing price sensitive information to reporters (unless under embargo) until it's been announced via the NZX.

Absolutely right! Barry should know better but obviously his enthusiasm got the better of him! This is unfortunate as it will no doubt now be an unwanted distraction which is therefore costing the shareholders money.

Thankfully it is pretty small beer compared to some other companies slip ups so hopefully no fine will follow...

emearg
26-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks a lot for that, Emearg. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were getting optimistic!

I think Blis have said they are not intending to make infant formula at the Dunedin plant, but I don't recall them saying anything broader than that, so who knows longer term.

No worries Simla. Am I missing any products that you know about? Either post here (with a link to the product) or PM me and I will update the list.

Interesting as they are now certified for exporting dry dairy...and they are making milk powder products (Dr Milk). Not much of a leap to hop on the Infant milk powder wagon is it? Regulatory restraints aside that is. At some point I will re-read previous announcements to try to get a better understanding of this potential.

Bobcat.
26-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Someone's got impatient and has just taken out the rest of my bid at 2.4c. I'm expecting a trading range in the mid 2's until Blis's next announcement...which in all likelihood will be more positive news.

Until then...holding.

Nigel
26-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Someone's got impatient and has just taken out the rest of my bid at 2.4c. I'm expecting a trading range in the mid 2's until Blis's next announcement...which in all likelihood will be more positive news.

Until then...holding.

Don't be surprised to see it bounce back towards (or over) 3c... it was trading at 2c before we heard about China, so it won't stay in the low 2s for long! Well done for getting a decent parcel at 2.4.

GR8DAY
26-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Don't be surprised to see it bounce back towards (or over) 3c... it was trading at 2c before we heard about China, so it won't stay in the low 2s for long! Well done for getting a decent parcel at 2.4.

...agree Nigel. The fundamentals of Blis have just improved over the last couple of days hugely (not to mention over the last few months, as well). Unfortunately we true investors are exposed to this short sighted trading impact but we must ignore it and focus on the very good future prospects, that we now have in front of us. Besides I/we could just as easily spend a couple of hundred dollars at the moment to equally improve the SP to 2.8/2.9c......such is the folly of the market! Lets keep focused.

False Profit
26-08-2014, 01:24 PM
I've read that the 600 outlets announced in China is up from 30 outlets. What kind of stock levels are kept in current outlets do we know? Has anybody posted projections for BLT?

emearg
26-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Blis are doing what they have been trying to do for several years. They have partnered with business minded folks that have skin in the game, and expertise at selling product to ordinary folks. These partners are taking new products to market, and some exciting products now that Blis has approval to export and produce a wider range of products than lozenges.

Getting the probiotics into milk powder and juice(yet to be confirmed IMHO) are significant achivements. Selling product in China is an achievement. Doing it via such a big player is a significant achievment!

Stratum seem active based on the new products that keep appearing on the internet.

Blis seem much more consumer focused than ever before. Releasing new products. Rebranding others to appeal. Attempting to attract and educate consumers.

With GRAS having been achieved it seems just a matter of time before Blis probiotics makes it into a significant market in a drink or food product. Obviously we are starting to see a bit of this occuring here in NZ with some export opportunities. But how long until new products are developed else where? With Blis sitting on a reasonable pile of cash, and the ability to raise more should they need it(their major partners now have quite a bit to lose and appear to be well backed) selling now for long term investors seems crazy?

Blis are finally turning a corner and I am expecting revenues to grow at a reasonable pace over the next few years with a reasonable profit to be achieved within the next three years.

Sorry FP, no projections as there are too many unknowns, but continuing steady revenue growth will give me hope that this dog will eventually have it's day!

simla
26-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't know whether to be more gob smacked at Moosie being mildly upbeat about Blis, or you being clearly upbeat, Emearg. Oh no! That means this is all a dream!

emearg
26-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't know whether to be more gob smacked at Moosie being mildly upbeat about Blis, or you being clearly upbeat, Emearg. Oh no! That means this is all a dream!

Yes but rather a nice dream :)

Balance
26-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Yes but rather a nice dream :)

Nice dream indeed - all that hundreds of millions of shares issued at 1c and now being dished out to the market.

Enjoy!

airedale
26-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Share consolidation?

Balance
26-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Share consolidation?

That is logically what should happen with 1.1 billion shares on issue.

Not going to happen however.

simla
26-08-2014, 05:11 PM
The main effect of the last couple of days seems to be that Blis is finally open again to a wider set of shareholders instead of just a core of loyal followers? It looks like probably a permanent change as there is now wider public awareness of the company's recent developments. The change in the share price probably got much wider publicity than the core news itself, ironically, but no doubt still created some wider review of where the company is at.

bonne vie
27-08-2014, 11:06 AM
NBR today - "Regulators investigating Blis possible trading breach"
Must admit I am glad I read the Sunday papers and cancelled a sell order.

hummerh40
27-08-2014, 04:35 PM
profit takers pushing the sp down?

simla
27-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Well it would be nice if the FMA announced (a) why they are doing it; (b) what their objective is; and (c) what time scale they are trying to meet. That way we would have an informed market.

simla
28-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Well, it doesn't make much difference. The FMA move is an unfortunate damper on an uplift in mood, but the good news is mounting either way. It's quite hard to imagine what the numbers will be in the November update. The costs may have gone up with increased short term costs, but the one we want to hear is revenue of course. Obviously it will be a year or two at least to see really solid lift on the back of all this news, but no saying what he short term will look like. And obviously we also want to hear more detail on the expected scope of the functional food move.

GR8DAY
28-08-2014, 10:46 AM
....BLIS is in good hands and fine form at the moment.....in fact I dont think it's ever been in better shape or in a better position? All indicators are pointing up for the medium and longterm. I expect the shareprice will follow suit again as "great exuberance" morphs into "longtern belief". The world needs BLIS! Great work directors, keep it up....your'e doing well!

Nigel
28-08-2014, 11:09 AM
I'd love to know what testing has been done with regard to K12 in infant formula. I know we now have the toddler powder, but what's stopping them from teaming up with Nekta to put K12 into Nekta's infant formula? Or, better still, team up with Fonterra. Blis already work with Fonterra on some things - what would a partnership with them do to the shareprice?!

GR8DAY
28-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I'd love to know what testing has been done with regard to K12 in infant formula. I know we now have the toddler powder, but what's stopping them from teaming up with Nekta to put K12 into Nekta's infant formula? Or, better still, team up with Fonterra. Blis already work with Fonterra on some things - what would a partnership with them do to the shareprice?!

...I wouldnt be at all surprised if that's happening right now Nigel, behind the scenes. They seem to be in a very "proactive" phase at the moment. Yes Im amazed that some food conglomerate (like Fonterra or Nestle) havnt made a bid yet (to takeover or partner). What a massive marketing advantage that would give them?? One day maybe.

simla
29-08-2014, 03:59 PM
The news doesn't come much better than this. The CEO has too much to do, reinforcements on the way.. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/254616

simla
29-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Sadly, Blis is turning into a successful company! It just won't be the same when (if) it completes that transition. Still, there will be the whole new adventure of finding out just how much they hope to grow once they have cash flow to play with. I'm not expecting them to slow down personally.

simla
08-09-2014, 10:46 PM
... The Moose, at his request asked me to delete his account along with all his posts ...
To avoid confusion since he posted here fairly often, I thought it might be helpful to link to this report that Moosie has left for some reason, and his posts seem to have gone too. Good hunting, Moosie. Live long and prosper.

Minerbarejet
11-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Prominent display of Blis Products in the local Unichem Pharmacy. Enquired as to how popular they were and was told that people are most impressed with them especially the throat guard and sales are really picking up. So word is getting out there. All good

skid
11-09-2014, 12:48 PM
anyone know how they are doing in other countries?

GTM 3442
11-09-2014, 03:35 PM
profit takers pushing the sp down?

More like a vast reservoir of shareholders who will regard anything over 2c as a chance to take some profit.

A lot of those to chew through before the share price gets any real traction.

simla
11-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe. But the half-year is out in about two months now, just a few weeks. While there is no reason to expect an avalanche of increased sales, neither is there any reason to expect no good news. Just stocking up those 600 pharmacies in China would be a bit when you consider they probably all have good foot traffic around. And the American market has been in place for a bit now, so recovery there could be reasonably noticeable. Unfortunately there is no way for us of knowing what impact these food products will have on revenue, not least as we do not know how many forward sales are already lined up, if any.

Don't forget the Stuff article (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/small-business/10413104/Dunedin-manufacturer-to-launch-probiotic-in-Asia), "The new funds are expected to see the company through until it hits its forecast profitability next year." ... compared to the loss of $1.54m last year. That's projecting quite a jump in revenue, I'd have thought, so something has to move between then and soon. Since that loss, we've had the dairy complex open for business, 600 pharmacies in China, Nekta Blis, the US market opening back up, some new products and formats, and reports of increasing sales in Europe and Asia.

Sell now? Yeah, but you'd have to be fairly confident nothing good was about to show up? Just my opinion obviously. That argument may be true for a few years yet, so when does anyone take their profit? Don't know.

Minerbarejet
12-09-2014, 07:41 AM
further articles recently released
BLIS Probiotic Aids Oral Health

Yesterday0 Comments (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/News/2014/09/BLIS-Probiotic-Aids-Oral-Health.aspx#disqus_thread)
Posted in News (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news.aspx), Industry News (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/industry-news.aspx), Probiotics (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/probiotics.aspx), Clinical Research (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/clinical-research.aspx), Oral Health (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/oral-health.aspx)

Print (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?id={15D6B335-8EFC-4940-89BF-8A1163AA0957})
ST.CHARLES, Mo.—BLIS® M18, a branded Streptococcus salivarius M18 probiotic (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/prebiotics.aspx) from BLIS Technologies Ltd (http://blis.co.nz/)., can provide enhanced benefits for maintaining the health of the oral cavity. (Journal of Nutritional Science. 2013, Dec; Online. DOI: 10.1017/jns.2013.35 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25191589))

New research was carried out in a collaboration between Western University (London, Ontario) and BLIS Technologies (Dunedin, New Zealand), which demonstrated that daily dosing with a single lozenge of BLIS M18 resulted in a greater than 80 percent (100 million probiotic/lozenge) and 90 percent (1 billion probiotic/lozenge), respectively, of individuals (healthy young adults) having detectable levels of the probiotic after seven days of administration.
This is a marked improvement over previous BLIS M18 research using an earlier formulation (3.6 billion probiotic/lozenge), in which only 22 percent of school children had detectable salivary levels of BLIS M18 following three months of twice daily consumption. Despite these comparatively lower levels of probiotic persistence in the earlier placebo-controlled trial, a significant reduction in plaque formation was observed over the three months of the trial.
BLIS M18 supports oral health because it produces and secretes several beneficial substances, including those that specifically target and inhibit oral pathogens such as Streptococcus mutans, bacteria that contribute to the development of dental caries. To be most effective, BLIS M18 must remain in the oral cavity for a sufficient duration to allow the production of these substances and the subsequent inhibition of undesirable bacteria. Burton and colleagues reported a downward trend in S. mutans levels in volunteers who had detectable levels of BLIS M18 in their saliva. The improved persistence demonstrated in this latest trial indicates that the updated BLIS M18 formulation will result in a greater level of S. mutans reductions.
In addition to expanding current knowledge regarding the efficacy of BLIS M18, the safety is also supported by this study. The effect on the normal healthy oral microbiome of a sub-set of subjects was assessed via the use of total 16S RNA analysis of total salivary microbiota. The results indicated that there were no significant ecological shifts in the microbiota following the probiotic dosing, supporting that BLIS M18 colonization does not contribute to a non-specific disruption of indigenous microbiota in the oral cavity of healthy adults.

Also
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Science-grows-for-BLIS-M18-s-oral-health-benefit

emearg
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't forget the Stuff article (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/small-business/10413104/Dunedin-manufacturer-to-launch-probiotic-in-Asia), "The new funds are expected to see the company through until it hits its forecast profitability next year." ... compared to the loss of $1.54m last year. That's projecting quite a jump in revenue, I'd have thought, so something has to move between then and soon. Since that loss, we've had the dairy complex open for business, 600 pharmacies in China, Nekta Blis...

Don't forget that newspapers usually get half the facts wrong so until NektaBlis becomes publicly visible I'm not counting that chicken. Heck, this article got a key fact wrong. After a successful trial in three stores? Ummm no.

I wait with baited breath for a juice product. It will be excellent progress if it comes to fruition. At that point I will start thinking of it is terms of building revenue rather than just as an expense which it presumably is at the moment i.e. associated development costs

emearg
12-09-2014, 11:24 AM
further articles recently released
BLIS Probiotic Aids Oral Health

Yesterday0 Comments (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/News/2014/09/BLIS-Probiotic-Aids-Oral-Health.aspx#disqus_thread)
Posted in News (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news.aspx), Industry News (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/industry-news.aspx), Probiotics (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/probiotics.aspx), Clinical Research (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/clinical-research.aspx), Oral Health (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/oral-health.aspx)

Print (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?id={15D6B335-8EFC-4940-89BF-8A1163AA0957})
ST.CHARLES, Mo.—BLIS® M18, a branded Streptococcus salivarius M18 probiotic (http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/topics/prebiotics.aspx) from BLIS Technologies Ltd (http://blis.co.nz/)., can provide enhanced benefits for maintaining the health of the oral cavity. (Journal of Nutritional Science. 2013, Dec; Online. DOI: 10.1017/jns.2013.35 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25191589))

New research was carried out in a collaboration between Western University (London, Ontario) and BLIS Technologies (Dunedin, New Zealand), which demonstrated that daily dosing with a single lozenge of BLIS M18 resulted in a greater than 80 percent (100 million probiotic/lozenge) and 90 percent (1 billion probiotic/lozenge), respectively, of individuals (healthy young adults) having detectable levels of the probiotic after seven days of administration.
This is a marked improvement over previous BLIS M18 research using an earlier formulation (3.6 billion probiotic/lozenge), in which only 22 percent of school children had detectable salivary levels of BLIS M18 following three months of twice daily consumption. Despite these comparatively lower levels of probiotic persistence in the earlier placebo-controlled trial, a significant reduction in plaque formation was observed over the three months of the trial.
BLIS M18 supports oral health because it produces and secretes several beneficial substances, including those that specifically target and inhibit oral pathogens such as Streptococcus mutans, bacteria that contribute to the development of dental caries. To be most effective, BLIS M18 must remain in the oral cavity for a sufficient duration to allow the production of these substances and the subsequent inhibition of undesirable bacteria. Burton and colleagues reported a downward trend in S. mutans levels in volunteers who had detectable levels of BLIS M18 in their saliva. The improved persistence demonstrated in this latest trial indicates that the updated BLIS M18 formulation will result in a greater level of S. mutans reductions.
In addition to expanding current knowledge regarding the efficacy of BLIS M18, the safety is also supported by this study. The effect on the normal healthy oral microbiome of a sub-set of subjects was assessed via the use of total 16S RNA analysis of total salivary microbiota. The results indicated that there were no significant ecological shifts in the microbiota following the probiotic dosing, supporting that BLIS M18 colonization does not contribute to a non-specific disruption of indigenous microbiota in the oral cavity of healthy adults.

Also
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Science-grows-for-BLIS-M18-s-oral-health-benefit

Try:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Science-grows-for-BLIS-M18-s-oral-health-benefits

I got several google alerts about this report. Is all over the internet. Not too sure why considering the study was done and published a year ago? No matter...is good news. Great to see the efficacy of M18 is being improved. It will need to be highly efficacious (like K12 is) if it is going to make it into food and drink products.

Minerbarejet
12-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Try:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Science-grows-for-BLIS-M18-s-oral-health-benefits

I got several google alerts about this report. Is all over the internet. Not too sure why considering the study was done and published a year ago? No matter...is good news. Great to see the efficacy of M18 is being improved. It will need to be highly efficacious (like K12 is) if it is going to make it into food and drink products.this happens quite a bit with alerts, they suddenly chuck 2 and 3 year old stuff at you with a latest date. However doesnt hurt to rehash good news as long as we get some new news occasionally.

emearg
13-09-2014, 10:20 AM
this happens quite a bit with alerts, they suddenly chuck 2 and 3 year old stuff at you with a latest date. However doesnt hurt to rehash good news as long as we get some new news occasionally.

That is very true with alerts! But this scenario is a little different because the story was only published a few days ago and yet the study was published last year. From the looks of things it took somebody a year to notice and write something about it. Slow news day perhaps? Cheers

simla
26-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I imagine this notification must be what they achieved in the US, and looks pretty solid, and a useful starting point for full GRAS presumably. Or maybe this notice is as good as full GRAS for practical purposes since this anyway says it is fine to consume, doesn't it? And they already have the safety trial results. http://www.dsld.nlm.nih.gov/dsld/rptIngredient.jsp?db=adsld&grpid=1656&item=S.+SALIVARIUS+K12

The September half year is almost over. We know the period included opening again in the US, which presumably included back orders from before the notice. We know that China increased it's number of stores significantly, which must have included some useful sales. We know the factory opened for some products earlier in the year, and got the RMP on August 20, which must have got a few sales away but maybe not huge amounts. And new products were popping up here and there. And sales were increasing in Europe and Asia as well. And we know about Sinopharm, but nothing has ever said that is the only objective in China.

Does all that amount to a big jump or a small jump? Don't know. But surely a jump?

Also, we still don't really know what the factory produces by way of "nutritional formulations". We know of Dr Milk, which I haven't seen for sale yet. We know of Nekta Blis which also hasn't appeared on the net. But previous reports said APPL were looking at several products. And they also talk of yoghurt powders (for sale directly, or for business customers to repackage in live yoghurt?) They also said products would be marketed in Australasia when the factory was ready, but haven't seen anything myself in NZ.. And the large number of tablet products suggest that the nutritional range will be wide too. So still plenty of questions.

I would imagine the company set out on some sort of world tour when they got the RMP, unless they had already done that leg work. In any case, they announced they needed more management time.

All up, still looking very interesting, but still no news due until November. Meanwhile the share price holds at a higher level, but only mild turnover.

Minerbarejet
01-10-2014, 01:53 PM
BLT looking a bit skinny on the upside now they are into the .025. Is there some news? Or is just one of the unexplained vagaries of the market?

easy money
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Chart continues to improve for this stock...breaking out of the 2.2-2.3 range..

simla
01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
There's a little bit of life there, and not a whole lot of shares for sale. Maybe someone just wants some shares and has to indicate a willingness to pay to get any offers? Or maybe they are punting that Blis will get Chinese approval shortly now that Synlait have got theirs? Or maybe someone just figures Blis has to report back within a few weeks now, and the news could be interesting?

It's quite interesting thinking about what could happen to Blis shares now. There is no doubt that the market is still largely ignoring it. Sure, the price has gone up, but volumes are not big.

The small players could still move the price if things were looking good (or merely hoping) since there isn't much on offer. Just at this moment there is only about $10k for less than 3 cents. Or maybe a steady supply would trickle out.

If big demand appeared, it is very hard to say what would happen next. Is there an army of long time holders waiting for a chance to sell? Or are long time holders here for the whole ride now? No knowing.

Then there is the question of what news we might be waiting for. Sales growth is one set of news. Food products is another. China dairy approval. And promising new deals would be another. And obviously disappointment might be another!

And there's the current background of really nervous world markets which may or may not totter.

Intriguing, really. Logic would suggest the market should be taking a bit more of a punt on Blis at this stage. But then no significant news may appear for up to a whole year, on the other hand. And we all know who said the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

I predict that the market interest will keep picking up ... or it won't.

easy money
01-10-2014, 04:37 PM
That's an interesting post..looks like you have a bob both ways....like I said...bliss is breaking out of its recent range..looks like this company is slowly being re-rated..higher.

easy money
01-10-2014, 05:03 PM
All gone at 2.4...next seller at 2.8...

easy money
01-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Just had a look at there website..you can change the language to what ever you want...from English to Zulu....looks like they want to reach ALL markets

GR8DAY
01-10-2014, 08:40 PM
That's an interesting post..looks like you have a bob both ways....like I said...bliss is breaking out of its recent range..looks like this company is slowly being re-rated..higher.

.....and long overdue EASY. Looking good for a steady sustainable rise this time.....lets hope it carries on as it's been underway now for a month or so. Im picking this is a build up to the next Sales Announcement. Hopefully we will see some good gains in T/Over.....a 10-20% improvement may be on the cards.....but who knows. Holding this one longterm.

simla
02-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Interesting, too, to contemplate a couple of international trends. NZD down. Well, that presumably increases BLT's income? And dairy prices down. Well, Blis sells dairy products in some form or other now, we're told. So is that good news for BLT, lower input prices? Who knows.

emearg
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I imagine this notification must be what they achieved in the US, and looks pretty solid, and a useful starting point for full GRAS presumably. Or maybe this notice is as good as full GRAS for practical purposes since this anyway says it is fine to consume, doesn't it? And they already have the safety trial results.
http://www.dsld.nlm.nih.gov/dsld/rptIngredient.jsp?db=adsld&grpid=1656&item=S.+SALIVARIUS+K12

Isn't that linking to a website that tracks labelling? It doesn't appear to have anything to do with GRAS from my reading. What am I missing?

I note that HealthPost have introduced their own M18 product in the last couple of weeks:
http://www.healthpost.co.nz/biobalance-blis-m18-advanced-probiotic-bbbm18.html

AnnCare have recently launched their own K12/M18 product:
http://www.anncare.com/tw_products_detail.asp?Fid=F000001&Sid=&Iid=&Pid=201402260001

Jarrow Formulas appear to have dropped both their gum and lozenge products.

I ordered my yearly supply of M18 last week. It turned up today. I note that the use by date is June 2017. This is interesting because previous orders have had the use by date approximately 18 months in the future. Perhaps we can conclude the shelf life has been extended? If that is the case, combined with the improvements we were reading about a few weeks back the future for M18 looks pretty good.

simla
02-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Isn't that linking to a website that tracks labelling? It doesn't appear to have anything to do with GRAS from my reading. What am I missing?

I merely was saying that that was a government page that appeared about the same time that Blis said the US had been resolved. So I thought it likely that it was significant. Official acceptance over whatever was the hitch? The last annual report said they had spent 18 months with a lawyer resolving issues there, so I thought that probably wasn't a coincidence. I was also surmising that they had probably canvassed any outstanding issues in doing that that might otherwise have been argued over GRAS, which therefore might go more quickly? Or that customers might be happy to proceed with food products based on that official recognition as much as the full GRAS, which is itself merely the government saying they have no safety objection as I read it? Mere speculation on my part, but still carrying some logic surely?

easy money
02-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Up again today on increasing volume....3 cents is not so far away...

easy money
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Now at 2.6 with very good volume..

pierre
06-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Now at 2.6 with very good volume..

I picked up 1m of those at 2.5 this morning bringing my holding up to 4m at average cost of 1.67, but there has been a couple of other buyers in the market this morning too.

I'm very confident the half year report will have positive news as BLT heads towards profitability in 2015. Just stocking (and replenishing) 600 pharmacies in China will be a significant upward step. That, plus the factory developments, traction in other markets and some new marketing blood on the board all augurs well for the SP in my opinion.

Since I started writing this there's been a couple of sales at 2.7 - looking good!

GR8DAY
06-10-2014, 02:43 PM
I picked up 1m of those at 2.5 this morning bringing my holding up to 4m at average cost of 1.67, but there has been a couple of other buyers in the market this morning too.

I'm very confident the half year report will have positive news as BLT heads towards profitability in 2015. Just stocking (and replenishing) 600 pharmacies in China will be a significant upward step. That, plus the factory developments, traction in other markets and some new marketing blood on the board all augurs well for the SP in my opinion.

Since I started writing this there's been a couple of sales at 2.7 - looking good!

.....well done Pierre! Nice vote of confidence. I was looking and thinking hard about another million myself this morning......my last 1m I paid 2.2c for. I agree with your sentiments entirely. I believe Blis is finally a company that is now going places in a positive sense....the future is just getting brighter and brighter. I wonder what that SP will be in say 2-3yrs......if only we all knew!!

pierre
06-10-2014, 03:00 PM
.....well done Pierre! Nice vote of confidence. I was looking and thinking hard about another million myself this morning......my last 1m I paid 2.2c for. I agree with your sentiments entirely. I believe Blis is finally a company that is now going places in a positive sense....the future is just getting brighter and brighter. I wonder what that SP will be in say 2-3yrs......if only we all knew!!

Yes, that's the big question but I'm sure it will be much higher than it is today. I'd be quite happy if the SP was at 5 or 10 cents - or as my wife often says - wont it be great when they reach $1.00. She's not greedy...but she does like a lot - lol!

skid
06-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Back to where it was 5 yrs ago would be a good start

NT001
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I've been with BLT for longer than I can remember and of course lost some of my initial investment, which you have to accept if you buy into start-up biotechs as I tend to do. But earlier this year I liked what they were doing under their new CEO and bought another million at 1.7c just for the hell of it - a good impulse.

pierre
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I've been with BLT for longer than I can remember and of course lost some of my initial investment, which you have to accept if you buy into start-up biotechs as I tend to do. But earlier this year I liked what they were doing under their new CEO and bought another million at 1.7c just for the hell of it - a good impulse.

I've been in since 2005 - paid 19.2 cents for my first parcel!!!
Since then I've bought bundles during the various share placements and on-market so that my average cost is now just below 1.7. That doesn't take holding costs into account though.

I think BLT is now on the cusp of profitability and a reasonable uplift in the SP - provided they have some good news for us in the half-year report. Right now my assessment is that they will and that 3 cents plus may not be too far away.

I see that sellers at 2.7 have now been taken out and 2.8 is next - though it's likely the traders will move in again to take short-term profits. Doesn't worry me - I'm hanging in for the long term.

skid
06-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Man,thats some serious averaging down

pierre
06-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Man,thats some serious averaging down

Sure is. I bought my initial purchase of 40k at 19 cents in 2005, then purchased significantly higher quantities when they plummeted down to 0.7 in 2012 and 1.0 in 2013. I should have bought more a couple of months back when they were 1.7 but was spending my money then on a trip to Italy instead!

Anyway, looking OK at the moment at 2.8 - be interesting to see if it holds.

skid
06-10-2014, 05:53 PM
You went to Italy and dint go to France? (Pierre)--Gotta enjoy life as well ,eh? Looks like your still doing ok.

Leftfield
06-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I've been in since 2005 - paid 19.2 cents for my first parcel!!!

I think BLT is now on the cusp of profitability and a reasonable uplift in the SP - provided they have some good news for us in the half-year report. Right now my assessment is that they will and that 3 cents plus may not be too far away.

I sure hope so… my abysmal standing in the ShareTrading competition this year needs a small miracle! :t_up:
(Disc holding at an average of 1.4)

pierre
06-10-2014, 06:42 PM
You went to Italy and dint go to France? (Pierre)--Gotta enjoy life as well ,eh? Looks like your still doing ok.

Yep the portfolio is looking pretty healthy so I'm investing the dividends in travel and having fun.

Had a few days in France on this trip (have been there previously) but spent three weeks in Italy this time - fantastic. Perhaps it's time to change the nickname to Pietro!

Cincin

NT001
07-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I just googled Blis Technologies and noticed several articles on nutritional websites in the past 2-3 weeks have given good coverage to the recent Western Ontario University BLIS18 lozenge trial. I wonder if this has stimulated interest, maybe even from overseas.

simla
07-10-2014, 05:11 PM
As we marvel that the news, and now the share price and turnover, seem to show that a reward is finally coming Blis's way ... at last! ... let's just pause to remember this is happening because a small bunch of people in Dunedin have worked very hard for a long period of time. And we shareholders have gone out on a limb for a long period of time too. Thank you to one and all.

GR8DAY
08-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes, that's the big question but I'm sure it will be much higher than it is today. I'd be quite happy if the SP was at 5 or 10 cents - or as my wife often says - wont it be great when they reach $1.00. She's not greedy...but she does like a lot - lol!

......LOL our wives would get on well Pierre!! Can't see $1 on the close horizon but I think a 5-10c SP is quite "do-able" in the medium/long term future?? (in my opinion)

simla
08-10-2014, 11:29 AM
The thing is that we've never seen an unfettered trial of Blis's market penetration in any country except NZ, for one reason or another. Suddenly it is looking like we will get exactly that starting now, and in countries with large populations.

If things go swimmingly in other countries, the current share price could look cheap indeed. But if not, then ... Will it be a year or two before we get our first glimpse of how that goes? Or might early data give clear signals? Don't know.

skid
08-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Nevertheless your baby seems to be the more exciting of the NZX shares around ATM--You must be happy with that:)

simla
08-10-2014, 11:57 AM
If things go as I hope, there won't be too much of the "At The Moment". However, this is still probably an early blip that will settle down failing early news. Next report in about a month.

I always go with "I don't know" as Blis has never lost it's ability to produce the unexpected! Definitely one of the more interesting companies around by a country mile. Most companies are doing one or two things at a time, but Blis always has so many irons in the fire, and they usually pay off sooner or later. For example, I think people have quite underestimated the effect of the recent Board changes, and that is merely one thing going on.

GR8DAY
08-10-2014, 11:57 AM
....yes Simla and I do believe the results will speak for themselves and to use an appropriate phrase, those positive results will naturally be spread by "word of mouth".
I can see future growth (in revenue) going exponential at some stage given the huge worldwide exposure we already have....it wont happen over night (as we know!) BUT it will happen. Exciting times not too far ahead......but steady steady is the preference.....dont want to get ahead of ourselves!

skid
08-10-2014, 01:29 PM
If things go as I hope, there won't be too much of the "At The Moment". However, this is still probably an early blip that will settle down failing early news. Next report in about a month.

I always go with "I don't know" as Blis has never lost it's ability to produce the unexpected! Definitely one of the more interesting companies around by a country mile. Most companies are doing one or two things at a time, but Blis always has so many irons in the fire, and they usually pay off sooner or later. For example, I think people have quite underestimated the effect of the recent Board changes, and that is merely one thing going on.

Yes similar to PEB in that respect(although a bit quiet atm)
Agree about the importance of good management---When BLT was first brought to my attention it was sitting at 12cents so my viewpoit has a bit more history than some ,but hopefully with the new management(as with PEB ,I believe good marketing is the key) things will move forward--Those who have just invested have of course a rosier outlook than those who bought in some years back with the old management.

Disc. sitting things out in terms of new investments for a different reason than BLTs fundamentals--At this stage I am uncomfortable with the markets in general. I believe there is a correction due especially over in USA.
Ive got my finger pretty close to the sell button with shares I have just in case it happens ,and then spills over.
For those on board though--best of luck

simla
08-10-2014, 02:26 PM
a correction due especially over in USA ... Ive got my finger pretty close to the sell button with shares I have just in case it happens ,and then spills over
Yes, poor old Blis has had to endure the GFC right through implementing it's new plan. I'm sure it has cost it some business customers who were just plain nervous. And, yes, overseas markets are nervous.

Hard to know when to stay in and when to keep out. Here's an interesting (and entirely fictional) story though. Skip down to the bit about Crystal and Sally, maybe. http://thecrux.com/two-simple-secrets-most-investors-ignore/

Of course, there's no end of counter arguments about people invested in 1929 not getting any money back until 1960. Life is tricky.

simla
08-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I always console myself with the fact that Kit Kat was launched in 1935 :)

Sgt Pepper
08-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I always console myself with the fact that Kit Kat was launched in 1935 :)
like you SIMLA i have held Bils for a number of years, but I remain very optimistic. Good science, good product, investors in NZ I believe are too inpatient, these companies need time to scale up

simla
08-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Well, it certainly has taken some time. There isn't anything they've done that I felt was plain wrong though, so apparently these things just take time. We don't really know how necessary the ice-cream step was, but it sure as heck proved that you could sell food containing Blis, which must surely be worth quite a bit in future sales? And obviously there were set backs, but again not from anything they did particularly wrong as far as I can tell. And other startups from the time are just getting up their wind now too. Maybe the impatience comes from the fact that our own lives are trickling away while we wait rather than the speed of the business ... ;)

skid
08-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes, poor old Blis has had to endure the GFC right through implementing it's new plan. I'm sure it has cost it some business customers who were just plain nervous. And, yes, overseas markets are nervous.

Hard to know when to stay in and when to keep out. Here's an interesting (and entirely fictional) story though. Skip down to the bit about Crystal and Sally, maybe. http://thecrux.com/two-simple-secrets-most-investors-ignore/

Of course, there's no end of counter arguments about people invested in 1929 not getting any money back until 1960. Life is tricky.

Or my friend who bought my first shares (before I had an account ) there was an odd $3000 left (out of about $50000 so he bought shares in NWE with that for me @30cents a share (quite a few years back) (they were the only ones that didnt seem worth selling when the GFC was ramping up because theywent down so much)I just checked-- I think it was 1.2cents Dang!!

I had a taste of the other side of the coin with PEB--bought right before sales announcement--Boom SP dropped --this time I sold losing 10% (It was hard actually realizing the loss but things were not looking good for ole PEB at the time.
Kept tabs --kept watching --when it got to 65 I thought-since I obviously like this co (Checked in most days) I feel at this price its worth giving them the benefit of the doubt--guess i got lucky cause ive made back my 10% and at least as much again---but I will not ride it down like some did if it happens again --i will lock in some profits if it heads back down.---You can always buy back in to the company you love--It will still be there-------This has no bearing on BLT at this stage--Seems like a good time to be in--just a comment on the story As a side note -those decisions were affected by what I learned from reading the DIL thread from start to finish one day----Thanx for the education Moosie and Hoop

skid
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
This is one of the few I have checked that seems to have held up today after the carnage on wall street--congrats

simla
10-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Pedigree, mate. BLT has never unexpectedly missed a dividend payment ...

Actually, the correction overseas is so far merely something that has already happened 7 times since 2011 by my rough count, during which the market continued rising overall. Too early to take a trend from it.

skid
10-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Im not so sure about that--It was heading down when Yellen made her announcement and it bounced-but the fact its dropped this much the next day is troubling--maybe it will bounce again tonight or stabilize but there are alot of informed chartists who are selling down--I believe alot are feeling a correction is overdue (which may be a good thing over all)
at any rate ,probably a good time to keep one eye on the US for a while (at least if holding shares more affected)
Certainly dont see a reason for BLT holder to panic though.

simla
10-10-2014, 05:17 PM
It's certainly interesting times in many ways. The thing is though, if several trillions dollars was sold out of the market, where would it go? The bond market seems to be shrinking world wide, and it's hard to see that much just sitting in a bank account. The NZX very much strikes me as going up from the sheer pressure of kiwisaver, though I could be wrong. Myself, I'm a believer in bi-flation - two different rates of inflation. Every day goods are subject to squeezed incomes. But financial goods are constantly flooded with cash, and quite possibly have simply suffered from huge inflation - which for them means "permanently/long-time" higher PEs and lower interest rates maybe? Having said that, it is hard to see stable times descending on us.

Not saying it won't happen though!

simla
10-10-2014, 11:26 PM
To put that another way, people tend to think of world markets as infinite, that there is always somewhere else to run to with their cash. But what if the world economy is actually finite and the ever increasing amounts of cash (QE) just means that people are more and more desperate to buy their bit of that economy, thus inflating the price they are willing to pay for a finite product. The PEs would go up, interest rates would go down permanently. People would discover there was no other game in town, no other place to go.

And what if now is when people discover that for the first time? What if globalisation finally cannibalises even the world share market itself? People would panic and buy into first this market, and then that market, and then back to the first and so on. Tremendous volatility until people realised there was nowhere else to go? Will people presently rushing out of emerging markets have to go back there in a bit, for instance?

Ironically, the only way out would be to increase world GDP. But with everybody squeezing "efficiency" out of everything with machines everywhere (checkout operators for example) wages are not growing, and people will not buy more.

So we may well be on for big volatility at this point. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the end of it will be people realising there is no escaping a low-return investment world, now that the cash supply has massively outgrown the productive capacity of the world economy. Hopefully BLT would prove an attractive investment at that point.

Now obviously there are quite a few counter arguments, such as:

(a) If the people with the assets are the people with the debts then they could liquidate to pay off debt. This should be true of the housing market, but it is not clear it applies to the stock market. Possibly though the mega banks and central banks are in that position.

(b) History suggests that crashes will happen anyway and always. However, to reduce the price if dividends continued to be paid (yes a big if, especially given the distortions of the finance industry across the rest of industry) then the rate of return would increase, and my argument cuts back in again about people with cash chasing finite return.

(c) Nobody knows what share prices really represent. If a handful of people sell, the price goes down unless someone else buys, and the whole market is valued down. So maybe everyone could lose anyway. But this is quite like argument (b). Anyway, Keynes only wrote his idea a while ago and this is the first time we have had a situation like this with loads of printed money. Will it play out differently this time?

(d) Nobody knows if computer balances really are the same as printed money, as that hasn't been tried before either. Anything might happen. People buying physical gold obviously follow this idea.

(e) Essentially my argument sounds suspiciously like "this time it's different", which is dubious. However, in defence of that, this is the first time we are following Keynes big time. Money has been printed under QE, but is there actually a reversal mechanism to "unissue" it, or are we stuck with it permanently now?

(f) Even if this is all true, nevertheless we could have huge volatility, during which some people would win, some people would lose.

Who knows. Just some thoughts. But interesting to think where BLT would sit if it turns out to generate ongoing cash (ie dividends presumably) and if the world is consigned to low returns while the huge QE cash supply has nowhere else to go. That's two big ifs, though.

simla
11-10-2014, 02:24 PM
I guess our two points of view could be reconciled depending on the time scale. I tend to be pretty patient and take a longer term view than many I've noticed. Short term could still see a lot of action, sure.

fungus pudding
11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes yes Fungus we get that you don't like their ice cream! We hadn't forgotten!!

Guess I wasn't the only one! :D

emearg
12-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Here are some more products that have come on to the international market recently:

Xymogen ProbioMax ENT:
https://www.xymogen.com/products/product-detail.aspx?pid=392

Xymogen ProbioMax ENT for Kids:
https://www.xymogen.com/products/product-detail.aspx?pid=391

Whole Health Center Power Probiotic ENT:
https://www.wholehealthcenters.com/whc-store/product/3-power-probiotic-ent-kids

Health Naturally Power Probiotic ENT for Kids:
http://healthnaturally.me/product/power-probiotic-ent-kids-strawberry-blast-30-chewable-tablets/

NeuroBiologix Probiotic ENT Defend:
http://www.neurobiologix.com/product-p/1198.htm

Star Energetics StarProbiotc Healthy ENT for Kids:
http://www.shop.starenergetics.com/StarProbiotic-Healthy-ENT-for-Kids-30-Chewable-Tablets-38.htm

Healthy Host Daily Oral Probiotic:
http://shop.healthyhost.com/Daily-Oral-Probiotic-100.htm

Xymogen ProbioMax DDS:
https://www.xymogen.com/products/product-detail.aspx?pid=393

Health Natually Power Probiotic Oral Care:
http://healthnaturally.me/product/power-probiotic-oral-care-60-chewable-peppermint-flavored-tablet/

Whole Health Center Power Probiotic Oral Care:
http://thebetteronlineshop.com/power-probiotic-oral-care-60-chewable-peppermint-flavored-tablet-oral-probiotics-for-dental-health-non-gmo-free-of-artificial-colors-artificial-sweeteners-preservatives-compared-to-xymogen-probiomax-dds-peppermint.html

BioCare ProBio DDS:
http://biocaredmd.com/probiotic-tablets/

Star Energetics StarProbiotc Dental Health:
http://www.shop.starenergetics.com/StarProbiotic-Dental-Health-60-Chewable-Tablets-37.htm

simla
12-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Guess I wasn't the only one! :D

Impressive, FP. Responding a year later! Read this, by any chance? http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/this-tweet-was-a-perfect-joke-five-years-in-the-making

simla
12-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Emearg, that's a great list, thanks. Impressive. A little part of me is daring to think this half's revenue might be heartening.

fungus pudding
12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Impressive, FP. Responding a year later! Read this, by any chance? http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/this-tweet-was-a-perfect-joke-five-years-in-the-making

No. I hadn't. Just for a laugh I flicked through a few old posts on blis and came across the ice cream days, which I had forgotten about. I watch blis with interest. Your dedication to this company is a credit to you. For that reason, but for no other, I hope they eventually make a dollar or two especially for you. :)

simla
12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for that, FP.

Sgt Pepper
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that, FP.
I still miss the ice cream which i used to buy from the Gourmet Ice Cream Ltd which is occupied the factory where bliss is now, especially the Speights old dark ice cream YUM

emearg
13-10-2014, 10:16 AM
A research agreement between Blis and Nestle was first announced in 2007 and approximately two years later it was cancelled and another agreement announced. Since then we have heard nothing from Blis about it.

Next month it is two years since the complete genome of Blis K12 was published. Nestle paid for the sequencing to occur.

I wonder what Nestle have on the boil? I wonder about their time line. I wonder how many investors or potential investors even know Nestle are interested in Blis probiotics?

Rego55
13-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have an opinion as to how the the possible downturn in the global economy will affect Blis? I'm hoping that it will push on through but am a little concerned that it might spook investors and have a few people move out of stock into less risky investment avenues. Theres also part of me that wants people to see the spread of diseases like ebola and think that they need to do more to protect their personal health actively on a day to day basis and in so doing want to buy products like Blis.

simla
13-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Well, the share price is bouncing around this morning, no doubt in sympathy with world uncertainty. But obviously the aim of Blis is to become cash flow positive. The difficulty for us is knowing over what time scale. Anyone selling now is gambling that the time scale will not be short term, and that the world share markets are indeed in for a downturn. If Blis gets that cash flowing, the share price will no doubt gain some resilience. Until then there is no knowing.

Another observation is that (some people say that) every day commodities are a reasonable hedge in downturns. I can't say if that's true, but pretty obviously Blis is hoping to be one of those soonish. Again, we can't know if that will happen. It appears to be happening to a degree in NZ now.

If world share markets go nuts for a while, I guess Blis will probably be in for a choppy ride along with the rest. But there's no knowing if world markets really will do that - they talk of the "great rotation" out of stocks and into bonds, but actually a lot of people are selling bonds in various sub markets too. And there's no knowing if Blis has handy news up its sleeve.

We've had to live with Blis uncertainty up to now and it is likely we will continue with that for a bit yet.

GR8DAY
13-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have an opinion as to how the the possible downturn in the global economy will affect Blis? I'm hoping that it will push on through but am a little concerned that it might spook investors and have a few people move out of stock into less risky investment avenues. Theres also part of me that wants people to see the spread of diseases like ebola and think that they need to do more to protect their personal health actively on a day to day basis and in so doing want to buy products like Blis.

.....we're all in the same boat if we own ANY shares,, ie exposed to the follies and irrationalities of the market. As a longterm holder/believer in Blis I see no reason to remotely consider selling out at these current prices. These are those occasions to accumulate more at bargain prices.......think medium /longterm and suddenly you feel comfortable about the Blis Share Price........just keep buying in my opinion......as i hope to do. So regardless of which way the SP goes it's all good.

Yes I was also thinking of mentioning the "E" word in regard Blis. I agree Rego that any pandemic talk (EBOLA) may inadvertently help raise Blis' profile. We're funny things us humans..esp in high density populations like most of Asia.....panic buying of any health supplements may set in at some stage. At the very least microbial welfare may come to the surface again and no doubt anti-biotic over-use etc will be talked about (as it should be) and the link to Blis will be raised on many peoples computers.

Hope we've got enough stock to cope??!!

pierre
13-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Wait till the half year announcement in November. I'm sure that will settle down the nerves of BLT investors ...and possibly enthuse some of those waiting on the side line.

Discl: Long term holder since 2005

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 11:44 AM
BLT is at .24buy and 25 sell.
It closed at .023 yesterday
I had an order at .024 buy
After waiting a while I amended to .025buy
Order rejected
Ok
Cancelled order
Placed new order at .025buy
Order Rejected
Can anyone explain this apparently daft carry on
Its not lack of funds
I have reinstalled a buy order at .024 which it is quite happy with.
I rang ASB but being being pretty deaf it was a wasted exercise.
About all I could get was some connection with the closing price.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Miner

GR8DAY
14-10-2014, 11:53 AM
.....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.

Harvey Specter
14-10-2014, 11:59 AM
.....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.I concur.

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 12:07 PM
.....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.
Just trying to get a few to top up, GR8DAY
Ill give at market another go, rejected the first time I tried it but it was an amendment
Damn frustrating not to get shares at a sell price that is clearly visible
Nobody else is either or they werent.
Thanks for the help
Cheers

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Somethings haywire ..

Just placed a buy order at market which it accepted and its just sitting there as an open order ,no price, with bid at . 024 and sell at .025
No other sales either
Have emailed ASB
Still nothing 12:50
Email reply. Yay
Good afternoon.

Thanks for your email.

Spoke to the Operators who advised that they cannot push the price up and have put your order on the market at 2.4cents which means you are second in the queue for buyers. They have advised if there is any trade at 2.5cents they will push your order through.( I tried to place an order at .025 at 11.00 am)

ASB Securities as an NZX Firm is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the market with the concept of a ‘Fair, Orderly and Transparent Market’. This is reflected in regulations such as the NZX Participant Rules and also in legislation such as the Securities Markets Act. Price volatility is key in terms of maintaining an ‘orderly market’.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

Whats disorderly about that????
Does this make sense to anyone

simla
14-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Possible thoughts. 1. Cancel the order, start again? 2. Have you entered an order at 25 cents or .025 cents, ie is the decimal in the right place? 3. Is BLT halted for an announcement, as I've never yet found out where that shows 4. As them again, more clearly of your puzzlement? 5. Ask the nzx.

All very strange as you outline it.

GR8DAY
14-10-2014, 02:25 PM
......Im picking you might be right Simla re option 2?? But then again I dont think Miner was after the quantities to push the price thru to 25c.......hey but what a nice thought.........let me just get my calculator........hmmmmm, not enough zeros.

simla
14-10-2014, 02:30 PM
So can anyone tell me where you look to see if a stock is actually halted for any reason? It has always defeated me. Ta.

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 03:04 PM
All trades made by me had the figure .025. If it had been anything else it would have been reflected in the order total when it was placed. Its only 12400 shares at .025 = 310.00 plus 30.00. Just rounding up with a bit of spare.
Cheers
Miner

simla
14-10-2014, 03:21 PM
...who advised that they cannot push the price up and have put your order on the market at 2.4cents which means you are second in the queue for buyers. They have advised if there is any trade at 2.5cents they will push your order through....as an NZX Firm is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the market with the concept of a ‘Fair, Orderly and Transparent Market’.
Perhaps they are saying the order is too small to accept as a price-movement-maker in a highly volatile market under internal rules? That is, not that they cannot push the price up of your order, but that they cannot push the price up of the share itself on the back of such a small trade given the huge recent move? There probably are restrictions, anyone know them?

After all, going from 2.3 cents to 2.5 would represent a price jump of about 10%, which would instantly put it at the top of today's gainers.

Harvey Specter
14-10-2014, 03:47 PM
All trades made by me had the figure .025. If it had been anything else it would have been reflected in the order total when it was placed. Its only 12400 shares at .025 = 310.00 plus 30.00. Just rounding up with a bit of spare.
Cheers
Miner10% commission - wow.

My guess is that due to the small size, they couldn't justify moving the market so much. Does make you how those trades of 1 share go though on some companies though.

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Well I dont know what all that was about. In desperation I pulled the order and put it through ANZ - bingo - straight through.
More than one way of skinning a cat.:)
Thanks for all the suggestions
Much appreciated

From what I can gather if the last sale of the day is below the opening buy bid and the next sell bid is 10% or more than the last sale then it gets blocked.
Wonder what would have happened if I had won lotto and wanted a million bucks worth.:eek2:

Think they might need some probiotics to get the cobwebs out.

Minerbarejet
14-10-2014, 03:56 PM
10% commission - wow.

My guess is that due to the small size, they couldn't justify moving the market so much. Does make you how those trades of 1 share go though on some companies though.
Dont worry, my average is under 13c . There is a long way to go with this one, lets hope its a speedy trip!

emearg
15-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Blis have bought two products to market so far...K12 and M18. They have another product up their sleeves which has been mentioned a few times over the years. It is Q24 or Micrococcus Luteus. Until Blis has more resources available to it little progress will be made in bringing it to market but it is worth remembering it exists and pondering its potential. Several patents exist which give good insight into its potential. This one is well worth a read, and is largely very readable to the non scientists among us:
http://patents.justia.com/patent/8283136

simla
21-10-2014, 05:00 PM
You better keep up the searches, Emearg, The company may be so totally hacked off at getting pinged by the FMA for finally agreeing to a press interview that they may hunker down and never again willingly announce anything except where legally required!! It was a pretty extraordinary reaction from the FMA, if you ask me. You could hardly accuse Blis of over-doing publicity!

Happily they will release their revenue in a few weeks regardless, and at this stage of the game that is exactly what we are most interested in. Very hard to judge what we will hear. I'm still optimistic though.

simla
23-10-2014, 10:48 AM
(e) Essentially my argument sounds suspiciously like "this time it's different", which is dubious. However, in defence of that, this is the first time we are following Keynes big time. Money has been printed under QE, but is there actually a reversal mechanism to "unissue" it, or are we stuck with it permanently now?

[and therefore will PEs be high for a long time yet, until total global profits grow to absorb the total extra capital chasing those profits?]

Seems there IS a mechanism to withdraw it. P=MV, where P = GDP and M = Money supply and V = Velocity of money. ie. GDP = Money * Velocity. Apparently the velocity of money is going down quite a bit faster than the central banks are printing it, and has been ever since 2007. Is that why the money has all ended up parked in financial assets perhaps?

Ah well, hopefully Blis' revenues will go up faster than the velocity of money is going down!

emearg
23-10-2014, 01:44 PM
You better keep up the searches, Emearg, The company may be so totally hacked off at getting pinged by the FMA for finally agreeing to a press interview that they may hunker down and never again willingly announce anything except where legally required!! It was a pretty extraordinary reaction from the FMA, if you ask me. You could hardly accuse Blis of over-doing publicity!

Happily they will release their revenue in a few weeks regardless, and at this stage of the game that is exactly what we are most interested in. Very hard to judge what we will hear. I'm still optimistic though.

I'm sure I will continue to search once in a while when the mood takes me.

Hopefully Barry will learn from his mistake. Boasting to a reporter before announcing such a significant update (stocking 570 more pharmacies is very significant to a little outfit like Blis) to the market is clearly poor judgement. I see no reason to shut down communications, just to think a little more before sharing interesting facts.

The results will be interesting. How are we going to react if sales don't increase significantly and yet again we got told sales haven't increased because of x or y? The market will react very badly as it clearly pricing in improved financial results!

simla
23-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Gee, you can be a hard task-master, Emearg! More likely just providing some support for the press coverage of a business partner who seemed to be the main point of that story.

But actually, we have no idea whether Blis even did anything wrong. There was the NBR headline Regulators investigating possible Blis trading breach (http://www.nbr.co.nz/subscribe/161439) on Aug 27, but otherwise we have heard nothing, have we? Further, Blis did make an NZX announcement that was posted just a few minutes after the markets opened next day, but nobody has ever said that was because Blis submitted it too late. (And there is irony in only hearing in the newspapers that an investigation is being made into whether Blis should announce things ... in the newspapers.) My guess is we won't ever hear any more of the incident.

Doesn't mean Blis wouldn't be hacked off at the headline, though.

Also, Blis must be very busy now. It was straight after that that they announced the extra management support. I sure hope they are very busy, anyway.

Yes, the possibility of bad news is an interesting one. But I think it would have to be quite bad for the market to get too upset. The upward trajectory would remain in place unless they announced some quite unexpectedly bad news, I'd have thought.

GR8DAY
24-10-2014, 09:56 AM
......is that you Simla about to buy another 1million at 2.6c?? (nice little vote of confidence from someone) Well done whoever that is?

simla
24-10-2014, 02:20 PM
There does seem to be ongoing interest in BLT these days, doesn't there. Nice to see.

Grimy
28-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I just wish they wouldn't stuff up my orders....
I don't buy much from them but often get the wrong product or quantity. They always sort it out quickly, so not a problem, but costs them in repeat postage/courier charges and doesn't present the most professional image.
As a shareholder I see room for improvement in a pretty basic part of the business-dispatch.

keepitsimple
29-10-2014, 09:47 AM
You are right Grimy ,my order took two weeks to arrive .Cripes it took only five days for an order to arrive from seattle.The sour receptionist suggested i pay the extra $2 for courier instead of normal post whose fault it was not there,s . I have said before that they are talented scientists but customer service, not much talent there.

GR8DAY
29-10-2014, 10:04 AM
........let them know guys , they need feedback good and bad. Maybe they're just sooooooo damned busy at the moment????? ( expect so, hope so)

easy money
29-10-2014, 10:18 AM
You are right Grimy ,my order took two weeks to arrive .Cripes it took only five days for an order to arrive from seattle.The sour receptionist suggested i pay the extra $2 for courier instead of normal post whose fault it was not there,s . I have said before that they are talented scientists but customer service, not much talent there.

Well 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 bottles of m18 from there website..www.blis.co.nz (money was paid direct from my bank acc..no credit card needed)...order took about 4 days to arrive....very happy with service..no worries..btw according to there website there is no charge for std postage anywhere in the world

Harvey Specter
29-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Well 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 bottles of m18 from there website..www.blis.co.nz (http://www.blis.co.nz) (money was paid direct from my bank acc..no credit card needed)...order took about 4 days to arrive....very happy with service..no worries..btw according to there website there is no charge for std postage anywhere in the world
I bought 1 bottle - took less than a week.

keepitsimple
29-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Well 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 bottles of m18 from there website..www.blis.co.nz (money was paid direct from my bank acc..no credit card needed)...order took about 4 days to arrive....very happy with service..no worries..btw according to there website there is no charge for std postage anywhere in the world

Great good to hear .My order was over winter a few months ago.Maybe my phone call did rattle a chain.Quite happy with their products I reckon they do work.

youngatheart
29-10-2014, 03:23 PM
If it's only $2 extra to send by courier, why don't they just send all their packages by courier? Seems a better way to keep a track when something goes wrong... I'd imagine it cost more to re-send lost untrackable packages than it's worth.

Grimy
29-10-2014, 08:12 PM
My orders always arrive quickly. Just sometimes not what I ordered!
As I said, it is always sorted quickly (usually get a reply within an hour of emailing them) and with an apology.
I have no problem with their delivery times or customer service-just their picking and packing department, which is costing the company (and therefore me as a customer and shareholder) money to put right.

pierre
30-10-2014, 04:56 PM
There's been a bit of a Mexican stand-off between the BLT buyers and sellers over the past couple of days and I wondered who was going to blink first.
It was the buyers who gave in so nice to see the SP move up to 2.7 late today.

Let's hope the Chinese are flooding into those 600 pharmacies for their Blis fix and there's more SP movement to come after the November update.

blobbles
30-10-2014, 06:02 PM
There's been a bit of a Mexican stand-off between the BLT buyers and sellers over the past couple of days and I wondered who was going to blink first.
It was the buyers who gave in so nice to see the SP move up to 2.7 late today.

Let's hope the Chinese are flooding into those 600 pharmacies for their Blis fix and there's more SP movement to come after the November update.

Have been into a couple of those pharmacies in China, couldn't see BLIS products anywhere... When are they starting to sell them? However the bad news is that they have been beaten to the punch... There was another company in one with probiotics... A big wall of Western health aid products from one of the big players. Hopefully the 2 pharmacies I was in aren't a reflection of the others! (Nanjing and Suzhou, though the Suzhou one looked dodgy, possibly a fake)

skid
30-10-2014, 06:22 PM
There are probioitic products everywhere --thats nothing new.They have been in Canada and the States for ages.
I believe that BLIS has some things the other dont so possibly that may help.

Harvey Specter
30-10-2014, 06:34 PM
There are probioitic products everywhere --thats nothing new.They have been in Canada and the States for ages.
I believe that BLIS has some things the other dont so possibly that may help.most probiotics are for gut health (yoghurt being the obvious example). Blis are unique I think in that they are for oral health.

simla
30-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Have been into a couple of those pharmacies in China, couldn't see BLIS products anywhere... When are they starting to sell them?
Hope that isn't a bad sign. Just as likely though that it takes time for Blis to gear up to supplying 600 shops unexpectedly while still expanding elsewhere? And for the company itself to roll out to that many stores properly.

Yoda
31-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Blis is found to give great benefit for ABs in the fight against strep throat which leads to rheumatic heart disease later in life. Research underway. Govt funded research but DYOR.

blobbles
31-10-2014, 01:57 PM
The thing in China too is that they are up against a couple of factors:

1. For whatever reason (maybe linked to 2) Chinese people hardly ever seem to get colds/flu. I have lived here for 3 years and had a tiny cold once! Despite it seeming to be a perfect breeding ground for these viruses (lots of hosts in close proximity all the time)
2. Chinese traditional medicine is used extensively for cold/flu/sore throat symptoms when they appear and is actually VERY good at stopping them in their tracks. My Chinese friend I lived with would give me one of 2 medicines (depending on symptoms) when I started showing signs of a cold/flu. 9 times out of 10 it would be gone after 3-4 doses. The medicine was just dissolved in hot water and drunk like tea, was pretty foul tasting but worked.

Maybe they should be aiming their anti gum disease/tooth decay products at the Chinese market first? That is where some real potential lies as Chinese people's teeth health is pretty poor.

GR8DAY
31-10-2014, 02:33 PM
.......and that's precisely what Blis is all about BLOBBLES.....oral decay/diesease/ gum/tooth ....NOT flu/colds.....but YES throat ailments. So it sounds like we're in the right place and hopefully right time. Maybe they have already been cleaned out of stock thus nothing left on the shelves?? At least Blis products arnt foul tasting (the chinese kids will love them)....and they work more like science rather than magic!

emearg
31-10-2014, 02:35 PM
The thing in China too is that they are up against a couple of factors:

1. For whatever reason (maybe linked to 2) Chinese people hardly ever seem to get colds/flu. I have lived here for 3 years and had a tiny cold once! Despite it seeming to be a perfect breeding ground for these viruses (lots of hosts in close proximity all the time)
2. Chinese traditional medicine is used extensively for cold/flu/sore throat symptoms when they appear and is actually VERY good at stopping them in their tracks. My Chinese friend I lived with would give me one of 2 medicines (depending on symptoms) when I started showing signs of a cold/flu. 9 times out of 10 it would be gone after 3-4 doses. The medicine was just dissolved in hot water and drunk like tea, was pretty foul tasting but worked.

Maybe they should be aiming their anti gum disease/tooth decay products at the Chinese market first? That is where some real potential lies as Chinese people's teeth health is pretty poor.

Fair enough questions and observations but surely Blis's distribution partner in China and (especially)Sinopharm have a good understanding of their market and have decided to go with K12 for sound reasons? I certainly hope so!

emearg
31-10-2014, 02:44 PM
NOT flu/colds

It does have an effect on flu, despite it being a virus, and colds because it downregulates the immune system and alters a number of hosts genes. There are several published papers about this side of things including this one:
http://iai.asm.org/content/76/9/4163.full

neopoleII
31-10-2014, 07:53 PM
hi all....... its me again...... mr negative
just been reading the last several posts and am getting a twinge of excitement again.
it seems as if it has always been ..... that the products work and work well.
but the uptake of these products is very slow, or at just the novelty zone.
here is a waaay left of center question......
could blis products be so good at saving peoples health and possibly peoples lives that
the world cant afford a "super medicine" with the current state of the world?

the reasoning behind this question is penicillin from a century or so ago.......
way back then....... it was laughed at, then ridiculed, then used by non conformist practitioners,
then....... became mainstream..... then became a world savior........
to the point it is the greatest savor of human life this world as ever seen.........

so in todays world..... with a hugely over populated population....... is this something that the world
could really handle?

blis products have been tried on many frontiers, in many countries by many corporations and many governments........
and the results are always positive ........ yet ..... the products always seem to be held back with red tape.
why is this?

that is my biggest concern.... why hold back something that works well?
is it big business and big government?
or is it the secretive world order group.......who ever they are.....
hindering the progress of blis products?

I have always been a supporter of blis...... but have also been a big critic....... not that my critique is worth that much!

so what is really going on?
those that use it, those that study it, those that develop it, and those that sell it....... know it works,
yet ..... it has very low market penetration.

all i ask is why.
and until things change i cant afford to invest more into this, until this awesome product is accepted in global society.

sorry for my conspiracy friday evening post.

simla
01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Is there a secret world order? Well, there probably are small groups here and there who imagine they are controlling the world. But pretty well everyone seems to go with the money in the end, and hunger for money usually screws up people's judgement of what is a good idea. So I don't think any of those groups will be taking over the world just yet myself. Because if one group succeeds, the others lose money.

However, money is probably an easier explanation for why probiotics are struggling. Where is the profit in pushing probiotics when compared to the turnover in a big supermarket, for instance? For example, we eat lentils a lot in our house and that costs a fifth or less the cost of eating meat. But good luck finding lentils in the supermarket as there is little profit in them compared to a packet of salty, sweet or fatty food. In fact, I've been buying them for years and I do not think I have ever yet met anyone buying them at the same time as me! Little profit = little advertising = little demand?

simla
01-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Further to the discussion of a week or two ago, about whether the world was teetering, some people may find this viewpoint reassuring. http://howestreet.com/2014/10/joy-2/

I'm not endorsing the viewpoint, merely reporting it.

croesus
01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Good Post as always Simla.

Good to have constructive posters... have been in and out of Blis ... but now in and intend to remain so.

BTW.. I travel often.. always use their product on Long Haul flights.. never had a sore throat, or cold..

cheers

blobbles
01-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Is there a secret world order? Well, there probably are small groups here and there who imagine they are controlling the world. But pretty well everyone seems to go with the money in the end, and hunger for money usually screws up people's judgement of what is a good idea. So I don't think any of those groups will be taking over the world just yet myself. Because if one group succeeds, the others lose money.

However, money is probably an easier explanation for why probiotics are struggling. Where is the profit in pushing probiotics when compared to the turnover in a big supermarket, for instance? For example, we eat lentils a lot in our house and that costs a fifth or less the cost of eating meat. But good luck finding lentils in the supermarket as there is little profit in them compared to a packet of salty, sweet or fatty food. In fact, I've been buying them for years and I do not think I have ever yet met anyone buying them at the same time as me! Little profit = little advertising = little demand?

TBH I think BLIS are going to have problems for quite a while for an important reason - big pharma has a very large interest in selling medications to manage symptoms of incurable viruses, which are the same viruses probiotics prevents you from catching. Let's be honest here and state that big pharma companies don't really give a toss about the overall health of the general public, if they did they would be advocating healthy eating and exercise programs. But if they did this they damn well know they would have less customers for their products, less profit etc.

BLIS is stuck in this zone too. Selling preventative medicines directly attacks parts of big pharmas current core business by depriving them of potential customers. Hence the lack of support for BLIS from mainstream pharma and likely subtle undermining of their business (think about previously soured deals and then wonder why they have been so "unlucky").

But that isn't to say it's a lost cause in my books. A pharmaceutical company that isn't involved heavily in cold/flu/strep throat etc medication could snap them up as a way to enter the market at the other end and undermine the current regime. Or alternatively BLIS could become mainstream enough to become self supporting and grow huge.

hummerh40
03-11-2014, 05:17 PM
BLT

03/11/2014 16:52

HALFYR

REL: 1652 HRS BLIS Technologies Limited

HALFYR: BLT: BLIS Technologies Half Year Results

10 Birch Street

P O Box 5804, Dunedin

New Zealand

Telephone: 03 474 1338

Fax: 03 474 9050

Email: info@blis.co.nz

BLIS Technologies Limited (the Company) reports an operating loss of $808k on

turnover of $1,143k for the six months to September 30, 2014. Turnover

increased 59% from the $721k reported in the previous corresponding period

with operating margins remaining robust across all product lines.

The Company is on target to achieve a doubling of revenues for the current

financial year. Although the operating loss for the six months is similar to

the corresponding prior period and a further comparable full year loss to

last year is forecast for the year to 31 March 2015. The company does not now

expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future.

Key Highlights for the Period Include:

- 59% Revenue growth over corresponding prior period

- Export approved Risk Management Programme ("RMP") Dairy, achieved

for in-house production facilities

- Sinopharm test-market launch extended

- Successful clinical trials and product launches in Italy

- Market access issue in USA resolved

- Launch of new products by the Company

Key Challenges for the Period

- Relocation of laboratory from Centre of Innovation (University of

Otago) took longer than anticipated

- Longer lead times for product launches by key customers

- Increased costs due to production facility set up and gaining

export approval status

The attached Operations Report and Financial Statements provide further

detail.

Barry Richardson

Chief Executive

End CA:00257171 For:BLT Type:HALFYR Time:2014-11-03 16:52:23

well well well....

youngatheart
03-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Does anyone else think that this announcement is one of the most poorly written? Having re-read it three times I'm still not certain that they may have made a typo with this mangled bit "The company does not now expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future." And the preceding paragraph is even worse to make sense of. What the hell?...

jonu
03-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Does anyone else think that this announcement is one of the most poorly written? Having re-read it three times I'm still not certain that they may have made a typo with this mangled bit "The company does not now expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future." And the preceding paragraph is even worse to make sense of. What the hell?...

Maybe it's just not what you wanted to hear. It seems clear enough to me.

blobbles
03-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Surprise surprise!

They have gone from "we expect to be profitable in the near future" to "we don't expect to be profitable in the immediate future".

Some positive movement on sales though, but needs to increase about 500% for people to look seriously... They appear to be making less in sales now than they were when making icecream many moons ago.

Balance
03-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Turnaround stories - many a false dawn and in some cases, never see sunlight again!

Minerbarejet
03-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Surprise surprise!

They have gone from "we expect to be profitable in the near future" to "we don't expect to be profitable in the immediate future".

Some positive movement on sales though, but needs to increase about 500% for people to look seriously... They appear to be making less in sales now than they were when making icecream many moons ago.
I would be more concerned if they had said near future the second time, they may very well still be expecting to be profitable in the near future but not immediately. There was some talk of it becoming profitable by FY , some additional expenses preclude that.
Good to see sales increasing and the chinese would hardly be through their first bottle anyway
Not over yet by a long shot.

simla
03-11-2014, 06:41 PM
There was an attachment. https://nzx.com/files/attachments/203115.pdf

Main points as I saw them:

The financial result is below our budget however the benefits from the broadening of the scope of the business from the supply of healthcare ingredients to include the manufacture of part finished goods, consumer products and other food products are beginning to show results.(p3)

Revenue from ingredient, consumer products and part finished goods are all higher than for the corresponding period last year. However due to the delay in gaining RMP status for the nutritional formulation plant and longer lead times for planned product launches by key customers there were only minimal sales achieved for nutritional formulations in the first six months. (p3)

Net consolidated cash outflow from operating activities was $752k (Sept 2013: $313k outflow). (p4)

As at 30 September 2014 the company held a net working capital position of $2,977k (Sept 2013: $2,516k) which the directors believe provides a capital base sufficient to support its current business development strategies. (p4)

Whilst it is pleasing to see ingredient sales increasing across USA and Europe they are not yet delivering to expectations and a review of the ingredient sales and marketing strategy is currently being undertaken in conjunction with Stratum Nutrition. (p4)

Other than Japan where the company is starting to receive a steady order flow, sales into Asia and China have yet to reach any meaningful level. There is a pipeline of product launch plans from customers in the Asia and China markets from which we expect to achieve significant sales growth over the next six 6 – 18 months. NZPR Group, our key partner in China, has engaged Sinopharm (the largest oral health and Pharmaceutical company in China) to test market consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 600 pharmacies. The results of the test-market and the three (3) clinical trials being carried out by Sinopharm will be important determinants when considering product launch plans. Sinopharm has nationwide distribution in China. (p4)

The company launched BLIS K12TM Powder for Toddlers in the New Zealand market and further products are being developed around BLIS M18 , yoghurt powders, nutritional formulations and pet food applications. (p5)

Accordingly, provided the pipeline of planned product launches and sales activities continue, our expectations remain for the company to move to profitable operations during the course of the 2015 financial year. (p6)

$’000 Trading Revenue (p14)

New Zealand 362
United States of America 258
Asia/ Europe 390
Australia 28
Other 42
Total Trading Revenue 1,080

During the period the company made an announcement to the media and New Zealand Stock Exchange (“NZX”) providing an update in relation to the Sinaopharm test market launch. The NZX has advised that they consider the timing of the release of this information to be in breach of NZX listings rules and have brought a claim through the NZ Markets Disciplinary Tribunal for a penalty to be imposed on the company. The company considers the level of penalty being sought by the NZX to be excessive and will be presenting its case to the Tribunal accordingly. Subject to a final determination by the Tribunal the total costs to the company are expected to be less than $50,000. (p14)

simla
03-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Overall, it looks like things are taking longer than they expected, but the expected developments are now expected over "6 to 18 months" instead of 6 months. In particular, it looks like China extended to 600 test pharmacies, rather than 600 all-go pharmacies. Since they were probably expecting things to be good from Asia, the bottom line is possibly that things take longer in Asia than in the West maybe?

Anyway, nothing seems to have been cancelled, merely delayed. Meanwhile they have taken on extra expenditure but seem to be keeping it tight in the meantime from my reading. Not quite clear what they were hoping from Europe yet, so maybe new products there we don't know about yet. The NZX are trying to fine them. Some of us may be able to think of other companies we have seen in the media that do not seem to be getting such attention perhaps.

Anyway, it finished with still expecting to "move to profitable operations" in FY 2015.

Disappointing that things are going slowly after all the good looks, but no reason to particularly be worried either in my reading of it? Neutral to a bit positive?

simla
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
It's hard to decide whether that was neutral or upbeat, actually. The tone was not over-excited, but that could merely be because they are working very hard - ie. merely tired. It did after all finish with "Accordingly, provided the pipeline of planned product launches and sales activities continue, our expectations remain for the company to move to profitable operations during the course of the 2015 financial year." (p6) The word "continue" suggests on-going activity. And "our expectations remain" suggest things still look imminent.

So what was the first page, "The company does not now expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future." (p3)? It could just mean they were hoping for more cash flow by now, or it could mean that the delay already occurring means that exponential growth (so to speak) from this point on will still fall short of the bigger cash flow they were hoping for at an earlier point? Of course, we don't really know what "move to profitable operations" actually means, as it could be read in several ways - for instance, is it March might be cash-flow positive, or is it full bottom line profit we are looking for?

I'm inclined to take that as, "things are going slower than we hoped at this point, but we see no reason to expect setbacks, but we can't foretell the future any more than you, so we all just have to wait and see."? Anyway, clearly they expect a full year loss (p3), but no knowing what cash flow to expect by then. Well, that's my reading anyway.

BFG
03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Wow, that is a massive let down and yet another to add to the list of broken promises. This is a shocker of a line:

"Although the operating loss for the six months is similar to
the corresponding prior period and a further comparable full year loss to last year is forecast for the year to 31 March 2015. The company does not now
expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future."

Come in Simla, you can't spin this any further. Yet ANOTHER cap raise will be on its way.

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH???