PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

simla
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Now why does that voice sound familiar, I wonder?

simla
03-11-2014, 07:50 PM
To rebut with actual facts, however, they have $3m in working capital, a pipeline of product launches, and sales increased by 59% in the last 6 months alone. They also repeated that their expectations remain to move to profitable operations. It was unclear exactly what time line is in question, but they said they expected significant sales growth over the next 6 to 18 months (p4).

As I have also pointed out, the future remains unknown, as always for BLT to date. I have never recommended that anyone buy BLT or sell it, and I feel pretty confident that I never will. I come here only to discuss publicly available facts, that's all. Yes I own BLT shares myself, and others have always put counter arguments, many of which were recently deleted by the poster though.

simla
03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I guess we'll know what others thought of that by watching the share price over the next few weeks.

pierre
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
A disappointing short-term result. I had some (misplaced) optimism that the China market would be showing a more positive result for BLT by now. Despite that, I feel that things are still moving in the right direction, albeit as slowly as they always seem to with this company.

I've been on board with BLT since 2005 and like many others have suffered through the twists and turns, promises and let downs - but remain ever hopeful that the corner will be turned before too long. Sinopharm has nationwide distribution in China so if BLT product ticks the boxes for them then the trial with 600 pharmacies will be a mere drop in the ocean. Success with Sinopharm will be the catalyst for a major turnaround in the fortunes of BLT and its long-suffering shareholders.

simla
03-11-2014, 10:26 PM
A disappointing short-term result.
Probably fair comment by the looks of it. But I expect it will likely come out in the wash. There wasn't any talk of market failure in any sense that I saw, more just a frustration that things are not going faster, particularly the functional food side perhaps. Or that's how I saw it, anyway. We'll have to do more waiting, as we've done before. Sigh. People who were looking for a quite short term increase in the share price may not be so pleased. This share certainly hasn't been for the impatient so far!

pierre
04-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Probably fair comment by the looks of it. But I expect it will likely come out in the wash. There wasn't any talk of market failure in any sense that I saw, more just a frustration that things are not going faster, particularly the functional food side perhaps. Or that's how I saw it, anyway. We'll have to do more waiting, as we've done before. Sigh. People who were looking for a quite short term increase in the share price may not be so pleased. This share certainly hasn't been for the impatient so far!

Hi Simla - if patience is a virtue - then we both must be extremely virtuous people. Looks like another year of waiting but 2015, the tenth anniversary of my initial share purchase, should be a year worth celebrating!

I expect we'll see a lower SP today as the impatient bail out.

kerryo
04-11-2014, 08:21 AM
During the period Sinopharm, the largest pharmaceutical and oral health company in China, sent representatives to visit the Dunedin operations and more recently BLIS management travelled to meet with Sinopharm and other key customers in China. Sinopharm has now commenced test-marketing of BLIS products across 600 pharmacies and will carry out three (3) clinical trials for BLIS products.

Blis have their foot in the door of one of the largest markets in the world.
What will Blis shares be worth if Sinopharm give the nod?

winner69
04-11-2014, 08:46 AM
During the period Sinopharm, the largest pharmaceutical and oral health company in China, sent representatives to visit the Dunedin operations and more recently BLIS management travelled to meet with Sinopharm and other key customers in China. Sinopharm has now commenced test-marketing of BLIS products across 600 pharmacies and will carry out three (3) clinical trials for BLIS products.

Blis have their foot in the door of one of the largest markets in the world.
What will Blis shares be worth if Sinopharm give the nod?

2 cents? Maybe

simla
04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
You giving your two cents worth then, Winner :)

I wonder if the mild sense of deflation in that report (that I saw anyway) was that they finally really do have their foot in the door of a whole lot of markets, having now battered through most regulations. But now the battle starts afresh with the whole need to keep pushing for momentum?

It seems cash flow must eventually turn their way, and most likely not that far away.But it must still be pretty wearying to just keep finding one more hill in front of them. I'm grateful for their energy.

The steady orders from Japan is something useful, anyway, with a population 32 times as big as NZ in just that one market. Plus my own internet searches suggest that maybe the Japanese are getting interested in giving this to their pets.

BFG
04-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Released @ 4.52 pm last night. Classic sign of trouble (with a repeat this morning in case you want to double up on your bad news!)

*waits for classic "knocker" and "down ramper" comments*

emearg
04-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Why are folks shocked about any of this? It was obvious costs were going to be high with the relocation activities and setting up a manufacturing plant.

They have approval to manufacture and export. This is very significant and also empowers them to create and launch new products more simply and cheaply than if they were using a contractor for manufacturing. They truly can do proof of concept products without it being a huge financial burden.

Pet food applications? Yoghurt powders? They intend to launch new products around these? That is interesting.

They also intend to, and already have earn't a bit of extra dosh doing non K12/M18 related manufacturing jobs for other folks.

They are finally getting ready to move into Australia. Good to hear!

Sinopharm are taking the product seriously and are spending money on three clinical trials.

The Europeans are spending money on trials...including M18 trials.

Trials are being done in NZ and if positive will give significant exposure to the product...far more than Blis could afford to spend marketing their product. If positive it is forseeable that the product will be given to students in many or all low decile schools.

I don't find the result disappointing in the short-term or any other term. Did anybody else to the sums regarding stocking up China? I did using $5 revenue per bottle times 20 bottles per pharmacy. That is $60,000. I would have been surprised if revenue exceeded 100k and was more expecting the value to be even less than half of that. Perhaps the order hadn't even been placed by the end of September? In a nutshell I wasn't expecting the announcement to result in an instant fortune for the company.

steve06
04-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Pet food application is certainly an interesting and promising area to explore. This report shows the Japanese pet industry was a 9.5 billion dollar industry in 2005! and increasing every year!

http://www.jetro.go.jp/en/invest/reports/newsletter/pdf/ij_08.pdf

Minerbarejet
04-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Think we should all go and have an M18 while we wait for all the dust to settle.

pierre
04-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Think we should all go and have an M18 while we wait for all the dust to settle.

Make mine a double please!

winner69
04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Are those notices posted today 9.10am on NZX any different from yesterday's ones (which seem to have gone)

BFG
04-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Are those notices posted today 9.10am on NZX any different from yesterday's ones (which seem to have gone)

Nope. I am wondering if NZX told them to repeat because of the attempted sneak by?

GR8DAY
04-11-2014, 10:47 AM
.....well just come in to this fantastic result! (over the top?)......actually maybe not. Revenue up 59% and gross margins remaining robust.......what more could you ask for? What seems to be the issue here?......surely this is a brilliant result. Instant profitability was always going to be unlikely at this point in time......it just doesnt happen like that during such early stages of expansion. Come on folks give them a break! 59% increase in revenue......thats amazing and better than anyone could have ever hoped for......personally I was picking maybe 5-10% growth in revenue. I say "well done directors" for all your obvious hard work. If this growth continues Im sure the bottom line will soon be in positive territory......that will just naturally happen.

Balance
04-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Market has given its view of the results - down 23%.

Turnaround stories are hard - on the nerves and most times, on the pockets!

Good trading opportunities though!

GR8DAY
04-11-2014, 10:53 AM
.......pity about the Share Price tho. Boo Hoo! (not)......just another great buying opportunity for those of you who dont have enough. I would be grabbing them while you can.

Anyway, back to work.....all looks good to me.

simla
04-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Yes. I didn't read it word for word, but two changes are apparent in the pdf. 1. The missing comma is inserted in the opening paragraphs. 2. The final lines have been deleted that did say, "Accordingly, provided the pipeline of planned product launches and sales activities continue, our expectations remain for the company to move to profitable operations during the course of the 2015 financial year." (p6) This is more consistent with the initial lines saying not expecting profit in immediate future. Although an apparently important change, I'm not sure that it changes the net message that much since it already referred to that in the first paragraph.

That's the changes I saw anyway, check for yourselves.

emearg
04-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Sales were much better than what was forecast at the AGM. At that point they were predicting they would be at least 65% of last years total revenue which was stated as 1,121k. That translates to sales of at least 730k.

simla
04-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes, it's mostly good news from our viewpoint? The whole thing is perhaps consistent with their having had a real doozy up their sleeves which they thought was about to appear but now looks like it will take longer? Since we didn't know about the doozy, the actual news is still pretty good for us. The main change seemed to be in the tone of disappointment, in particular that they aren't expecting to move to profit in the "immediate future" - whatever that is, but not FY 2015 anyway. There was no mention of expectations for FY 2016 at all that I saw.

blobbles
04-11-2014, 12:53 PM
The reason for the drop in my opinion is a loss of confidence (again) in management who earlier in the year were confident in being profitable this year. Now its next year.

This is an oft repeated line from many companies but from BLIS its happened so many times it should be expected. Next year, going off previous performance, likely the profit goal posts will be shifted to 2016, then in 2016 to 2017 and so on and so on...

winner69
04-11-2014, 01:07 PM
The reason for the drop in my opinion is a loss of confidence (again) in management who earlier in the year were confident in being profitable this year. Now its next year.

This is an oft repeated line from many companies but from BLIS its happened so many times it should be expected. Next year, going off previous performance, likely the profit goal posts will be shifted to 2016, then in 2016 to 2017 and so on and so on...

So you would say a 'no surprises' announcement

Just my 2 cents worth

simla
04-11-2014, 01:33 PM
I think it depends on whether "not in the immediate future" meant that there is a big setback, or merely that the big payoff over the factory is delayed a bit while customers get themselves ready. Unfortunately, I don't really think we can be sure which of these was meant. Saying what is not expected is not as clear as saying what is expected! The latter and smaller meaning seems more consistent with the wording to me.

As to the activity with the share price, so far it is still consistent with a couple of people having taken a punt and covering their bases. There is clearly some buying going on too. Unfortunately, with Christmas almost here and then the quiet summer period, it may be March before we get much more clarity on share price. Of course, by then things will have moved on for Blis and people will have to factor that in too. Things don't close down at Christmas overseas the way they do here. This company certainly still appears to be in the hunt, Blobbles. Remember they have not previously forecast coming profit, as discussed earlier this year.

emearg
04-11-2014, 02:07 PM
80k on offer at 2.3 cents and 280k on offer at 2.7 cents.

Are the skittish almost done selling?

steve06
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi Simla, just wondering where you found those references to the Japanese looking at giving Blis products to their pets.

The dental and oral health products offered by Blis would certainly be ideal products for pets, if safe. The pet market might even be larger than the human market.. Do they have products for pets already?

simla
04-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Well, this is for sale in Japan. It's more that I've seen it discussed in blogs, using existing things like Epoca. But yep, this is a product. Very hard to see if this idea is gaining market share, but the texts I've seen suggest at least some pet owners are very happy to do this. Potential you would think.http://premium-suiso.co.jp/SHOP/probio-dent-pet.html

steve06
04-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Thought it was a mere idea as suggested in the report, but they actually have pet products with Blis probiotics in the market already, hope its not only in Japan that they are marketing this, I know my two dogs could use some of this.

simla
04-11-2014, 10:35 PM
$100k turnover on the market today after that news. There's a lot more interest in Blis now that they are seemingly nearing their objective. It was a lot lonelier being an investor during the long years of slogging up to this point, that's for sure. Here's hoping that "nearing" does indeed become "reached" before too much longer.

simla
05-11-2014, 09:35 AM
After some thought, I think yesterday's news contained two main messages.

One was that the "moving to profitable operations" during FY 2015 is off the agenda (being just 4 months to go). The market has seemingly responded to that.

But the second, possibly, was that near-worldwide access to markets is now reliably available and producing steady growth on most fronts. If so, does that imply that Blis has now reached the point - for the first time - where eventual profit is now the most likely outcome regardless of whether big new customers hasten that process in the shorter term? If so, that compares to only a year ago when we still had no idea whether profit was where we were going in the end after many long years?

Am I just being optimistic in that reading? Did the big reaction to the short-term bad news hide that they announced a really important piece of good news? Or am I over-reading that?

BFG
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Simla, is that last line a rhetorical question?

emearg
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM
80k on offer at 2.3 cents and 280k on offer at 2.7 cents.

Are the skittish almost done selling?

Looks like it.

simla
05-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Simla, is that last line a rhetorical question?
No. I'm genuinely asking whether in the hubbub we missed the most important part of that news: that there wasn't any bad news.

Sure the "moving to profit" is delayed. But for years now Blis news has been full of unexpected complications, regulatory hurdles, and basically just one barrier after another. Except this time that didn't happen. The news this time was basically, "we've got pretty good access to markets now and our only challenge now is that we need to build up more momentum now that we've got that."

For several years now, that has been the one thing shareholders have avidly hoped to hear surely? And I'm asking whether maybe we did in fact just hear it. Maywe the most important part of that news was what wasn't in it?

Don't worry, BFG. I can guess your answer.

Balance
05-11-2014, 02:35 PM
That's why the market is such a lovely place!

Good news can be read as bad, and bad news as good - depending on who the reader is!

steve06
05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Agree with you Simla, it looks like they have a foot in the door in most major markets, its just a question of how well the products will be liked and building on that sales momentum

GR8DAY
05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
......WELL I FOR ONE ONLY SAW IT AS ALL GOOD NEWS.....and a pretty big dose of it too! Show me another listed company thats just announced a 59% increase in revenue in the last 6mnths. FORGET ALL THE OTHER STUFF THATS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.......thats the hard facts and it's extremely positive surely, just what the doctor oredered. We're not going anywhere until we have this increase is sales and it's clearly building now incrementally.....I believe the future has just become A WHOLE LOT BRIGHTER for BLIS. Can't wait for the next report to be released.......they might even double the revenue next time with a bit of luck and the same hard work.

winner69
05-11-2014, 03:37 PM
......WELL I FOR ONE ONLY SAW IT AS ALL GOOD NEWS.....and a pretty big dose of it too! Show me another listed company thats just announced a 59% increase in revenue in the last 6mnths. FORGET ALL THE OTHER STUFF THATS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.......thats the hard facts and it's extremely positive surely, just what the doctor oredered. We're not going anywhere until we have this increase is sales and it's clearly building now incrementally.....I believe the future has just become A WHOLE LOT BRIGHTER for BLIS. Can't wait for the next report to be released.......they might even double the revenue next time with a bit of luck and the same hard work.

Should get minerbarejet to do Fibonacci Curve fo projected sales

winner69
05-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Doubling revenues in FY15 implies H2 revenues will be 200% up on prior year ...whoopee

Seem to be going gangbusters in the USA

simla
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Winner, you're positively becoming a convert at last :)

simla
05-11-2014, 06:07 PM
GR8DAY, many of us may have already guessed you are a convert :)

GR8DAY
06-11-2014, 06:40 AM
.....haha SIMLA! A convert indeed and my faith has just been strengthened. I think we can celebrate the future with confidence now as it is apparent that our products are being accepted and more importantly purchased on a growing international platform. This makes me pretty damn excited to be honest........and that feeling has been a longtime coming. Congratulations directors and employees I say!!

BFG
06-11-2014, 07:29 AM
What's the accrued losses over the time BLT has been operating? Last time I calculated (a while ago) I think it was up near $40M. Considering they have yet to turn a single profit over any stretch of time how long are you all expecting for these losses to be made back?

I see BGR is going to turn yet another record profit. Perhaps they could buy out BLT, diversify and offer the product line for a 30-60% discount :D :D :D :D :D

emearg
06-11-2014, 10:03 AM
What's the accrued losses over the time BLT has been operating? Last time I calculated (a while ago) I think it was up near $40M. Considering they have yet to turn a single profit over any stretch of time how long are you all expecting for these losses to be made back?

I see BGR is going to turn yet another record profit. Perhaps they could buy out BLT, diversify and offer the product line for a 30-60% discount :D :D :D :D :D

I'm pretty sure it is in the thirties Moosie.

How much has PEB lost since it's incorporation? How long does Xero take to lose thirty million? I'm pretty sure investors in those company are looking at the future rather than just focusing on the past losses.

Personally I have been waiting to see improved revenues. That happened. I want that to continue. I have no expectation of profit for quite some time to come. Revenue growth is what is needed here! Unless the business model changes significantly(like it did with the ice cream venture which required more capital than Blis had) profits will eventually follow.

BFG
06-11-2014, 10:27 AM
So you're bagging Xero and PEB yet willing to engage in the "revenue growth, no profits" scheme? I'd rather buy a company with no/little track record on that basis than an absolutely abyssmal one littered with carcasses and destruction thanks! :D

emearg
06-11-2014, 10:55 AM
So you're bagging Xero and PEB yet willing to engage in the "revenue growth, no profits" scheme? I'd rather buy a company with no/little track record on that basis than an absolutely abyssmal one littered with carcasses and destruction thanks! :D

The point is they have both lost plenty and people are still looking to the future and not focusing on how much they have lost to date.

And my post made it clear I expect profits will come...

emearg
06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
I note that Blis now have a Food Technologist on staff. I don't recall mention of this before?

Food is the future for Blis. I've been saying it for years and have been waiting very patiently for the revenues to start flowing. I'm still waiting patiently...

easy money
07-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Well it was only a couple of days ago when this stock went under 2 cents...now up to 2.4 cents...just show's you how much support Bliss now has...

Minerbarejet
10-11-2014, 05:22 PM
And now we are back where we were. Cant be all that bad after all.:)

simla
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
And now we are back where we were. Cant be all that bad after all.:)
Yeah, it's interesting, Minerbarejet. I've read the last report yet again, and it's still impossible to say exactly what the news said, in my opinion.

On the one hand, they were definitely painting a picture of a company with a promising future.

But then again, there was that phrase "the company does not now expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future." (p3) Most noticable about that phrase, of course, is the lack of the "because ..." clause.

I have relatives who never see the need for "because", so I'm pretty practiced at trying to guess it for myself. But reading through the report doesn't offer a whole lot of choices. The following were the only words I thought that might qualify.

"Longer lead times for product launches by key customers" (p3)
"Revenue from ingredient, consumer products and part finished goods are all higher than for the corresponding period last year. However due to the delay in gaining RMP status for the nutritional formulation plant and longer lead times for planned product launches by key customers there were only minimal sales achieved for nutritional formulations in the first six months." (p3)
"There is a pipeline of product launch plans from customers in the Asia and China markets from which we expect to achieve significant sales growth over the next six 6 – 18 months." (p4)
"to test-market consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 600 pharmacies. The results of the test-market and the three (3) clinical trials being carried out by Sinopharm will be important determinants when considering product launch plans. Sinopharm has nationwide distribution in China." (p4)
"and more recently BLIS management travelled to meet with Sinopharm and other key customers in China. Sinopharm has now commenced test-marketing of BLIS products across 600 pharmacies and will carry out three (3) clinical trials for BLIS products." (p5)

The difficulty with BLT is that they never tell us anything about any current projects. All that the last report basically said, for example, is that they increased ingredient sales and have a plant available for nutritional formulations. I didn't see any detail that would let me forecast likely outcomes of any projects myself, but maybe others saw it differently. I find this lack of detail incredibly frustrating and I would imagine most shareholders are the same. While I can understand that some customers do not want their plans revealed, it makes it incredibly difficult to invest in BLT. The current news is a case in point as we (or I) cannot guess at all what the "because ..." clause relates to. Did a major client just cancel? Did several clients delay? Was it just the factory permissions? Was it just a misunderstanding about how fast rollout in China was going to be? Was it something else? Did they perhaps mean, "ingredient sales are going well and will ultimately lead to profit anyway, but rapid movement to profit relies on launch of nutritional formulations as well, the timing of which relies on the actions of a number of clients which are beyond our control, and during this time we must maintain extra expenditure in support of this future market." ? I don't know.

So, when you say "can't be all that bad", all I can say is, probably not. Who knows! I remain optimistic however, as I'm not hearing any actual warnings in that news, combined with plenty of upbeat words.

Anyway, that's just my view. No doubt others see it differently.

Minerbarejet
11-11-2014, 04:21 PM
However due to the delay in gaining RMP status for the nutritional formulation plant and longer lead times for planned product launches by key customers there were only minimal sales achieved for nutritional formulations in the first six months."

I'd be inclined to look at the above sentence pretty closely.
Take the "and " out and substitute "resulting in" changes the picture quite a bit.
Why are the customers having longer lead times?
"because" , there was a delay in gaining RMP status by BLT
This was the main factor IMHO
Anyway a nice bounce back.
Cheers

skid
11-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Last time I checked the SP was 2.7--now its 2.5 and everyone's celebrating---What have I missed?

Minerbarejet
11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Last time I checked the SP was 2.7--now its 2.5 and everyone's celebrating---What have I missed?Not a thing, skid. Just a quick jaunt to .19 to offload some unhappy punters after the announcement that things have gone from immediate or imminent to soon.:)

simla
08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been posting here for about 7 years by my count. For 5, I posted stuff I found on the net in response to a company trying to pick itself up by its own shoe laces, but for the last couple I have more or less just responded if the company put out any news as the foundations quietly grew.

The company has come a very long way in that time and the future looks pretty rosy now to my eyes. Nevertheless, nothing is certain and we can but wait and see.

However, I personally think the thing is likely to work now sooner or later. So I've decided to use whatever willpower I can muster to simply put BLT out of my mind now, put the shares in the bottom draw and wait for what I hope will be a few dividends in the not too distant future. Wish me luck with my willpower!

Good luck to Blis and all who sail in her. Gratitude to the folks in Dunedin who have worked so extraordinarily hard on an enterprise that I think is a great contribution to the world.

Chippie
08-12-2014, 11:43 AM
I am with you Simla and in it for the long term. If it comes off I will be very happy and if not I will put it down to experience.

Right now I think there is alot more upside than downside. so good luck to everyone :)

winner69
12-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Naughty naughty

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/258793

At least they got a 50% discount on the fine and only $30,000 plus costs for the shareholder to front up with. Unfair isn't it ...they lead you up the garden path and you pay

Embarrassing being compared to Mad Energy and Rakon, says it all about Blis really

BFG
12-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Naughty naughty

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/258793

At least they got a 50% discount on the fine and only $30,000 plus costs for the shareholder to front up with. Unfair isn't it ...they lead you up the garden path and you pay

Embarrassing being compared to Mad Energy and Rakon, says it all about Blis really

Pretty shocking that a Chairman didn't consider all this material information.

Simla, you going to defend what they did?

Harvey Specter
12-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Pretty shocking that a Chairman didn't consider all this material information.

Simla, you going to defend what they did?Happens to the best of them. How many awards did Norah (SUM) win before she traded on insider info?

Leftfield
12-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Ssso they mishandled an announcement and have been duly punished...naughty boys.However the news that they are now in 600 stores in China after test marketing in 30 is surely good news in the longer term? We wait for the next sales update with interest.

Minerbarejet
12-12-2014, 10:42 AM
$30,000 worth of advertising scattered all over the newspapers, radio, probably tv and the stock market.
Clever, eh:)

BFG
12-12-2014, 10:45 AM
$30,000 worth of advertising scattered all over the newspapers, radio, probably tv and the stock market.
Clever, eh:)

Never mind the ethics or being responsible to your shareholders though eh?

Minerbarejet
12-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Never mind the ethics or being responsible to your shareholders though eh?
I do get the impression that an error was made and they have been punished accordingly. Suggesting ethics are involved implies that it was deliberate in which case the penalties would have been a lot higher. Bet it wont happen again!

Harvey Specter
12-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I do get the impression that an error was made and they have been punished accordingly. Suggesting ethics are involved implies that it was deliberate in which case the penalties would have been a lot higher. Bet it wont happen again!Who has been punished. My guess is it wont come out of their pay so loyal shareholders pay.

Minerbarejet
12-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Who has been punished. My guess is it wont come out of their pay so loyal shareholders pay.
They: being the company and its erstwhile shareholders. Retribution if deemed necessary can be forthcoming at the AGM.
Management will no doubt hear all about it.

hilskin
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Interesting documentary coming out called micro warriors and it addresses the discovery and development of Bliss probiotics and advances in understanding their oral health benefits over the last 30 years.

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2014/12/documentary-aims-to-educate-consumers-on-probioti.aspx

and the trailer for the movie coming out.

http://www.microwarriorsmovie.com/

BFG
12-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Who has been punished. My guess is it wont come out of their pay so loyal shareholders pay.

Exactly. Absolute BS.

skid
13-12-2014, 10:46 AM
It would be interesting to know if its translated into Chinese

easy money
13-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Interesting documentary coming out called micro warriors and it addresses the discovery and development of Bliss probiotics and advances in understanding their oral health benefits over the last 30 years.

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2014/12/documentary-aims-to-educate-consumers-on-probioti.aspx

and the trailer for the movie coming out.

http://www.microwarriorsmovie.com/

Narrated by no less than Mr Spock himself

Minerbarejet
13-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Narrated by no less than Mr Spock himself
I'm all ears.:)

hummerh40
15-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Not looking too good today, 19% down on relatively high volume.

Anybody have any idea why?

BFG
15-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Chairman doesn't think material information is important to disclose to the market, fines being paid out of shareholder capital, a decade of accumulated losses, broken promises left right and centre, no traction in any key markets...

Iuno, take your pick really!

GR8DAY
15-12-2014, 01:17 PM

.....POSSIBLY JUST ONE PERSON DECIDING THEY NEED A NEW BOAT FOR SUMMER (not a bad idea either)......on top of weak day generally Hummer. Very good buying at these levels IMHO. Im personally not aware of any changes for this improving company to explain this blip in the SP?

skid
15-12-2014, 05:21 PM
That one person needing a boat sure made alot of sells each over 100,000:)

(you dont think the fact that the US markets have tanked could have anything to do with it do you?)

pierre
15-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Chairman doesn't think material information is important to disclose to the market, fines being paid out of shareholder capital, a decade of accumulated losses, broken promises left right and centre, no traction in any key markets...

Iuno, take your pick really!

Not everyone agrees with you today Moosie - closed at 2c. Wait till the end of this FY - the price will be closer to 3c - maybe even higher!

BFG
15-12-2014, 05:30 PM
From trading today I'd say you guys have some instos onbiard

skid
15-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Could you tell me when its going to get to 12cents plz--came dangerously close to buying back then.

(still 4.8% down is not bad on a day like this)

BFG
15-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Could you tell me when its going to get to 12cents plz--came dangerously close to buying back then.

(still 4.8% down is not bad on a day like this)

With all the dilution over the years you'd be very lucky to get 4 cents.

12 cents equates to an mcap of $112M. Not a chance at this rate (unless they convince the market that Xero-like losses are back in vogue!)

This thread and another remind me of a very good quote which we should all remember:

"Self-interest is the most powerful force on earth, and can get people to embrace and defend (blindly) almost anything."

pierre
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Interesting looking at the market depth today. Bidders at 2c but Sellers asking minimum of 2.4c. Who's going to blink first?

NT001
09-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Interesting looking at the market depth today. Bidders at 2c but Sellers asking minimum of 2.4c. Who's going to blink first?

Possibly no one. With a gap like that I wouldn't expect much action right away. Things are stll rather quiet until at least next week. A lot of people aren't even answering emails at present and I wouldn't imagine those holidaying at Taupo and Queenstown are on the phone to their brokers.

Grimy
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
I bought some M18 this morning to help the cash flow..........

GR8DAY
29-01-2015, 12:37 PM
.....and I bought my daughter the $22 kit yesterday for an infected wisdom tooth she has been battling for several weeks now...incl 2 operations and 2 courses of anti-biotics. This morning she says it is already feeling better.......truly amazing!! (clearly she must have built up a resistance to conventional ABs)

Also perhaps good news for Blis (by way of further general exposure) is the Australian report released today that a regime of PROBIOTICS for children suffering from peanut allergies has resulted in 80% of the children being fully cured from this particular allergy. THE POWER OF GOOD BACTERIA CANNOT BE UNDERESTIMATED IMHO....

SwampRat
29-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Hi GR8DAY
Do you have a link for this report handy?

GR8DAY
29-01-2015, 03:09 PM
HI SR.......no but it was on both the radio and midday TV so may be on the news tonight. I also have a nephew who has suffered allergies all his life so this could be great news for him and my sister. They sounded confident that these kids were "cured"....not just a temporary patch up job.

NT001
29-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Here's a news story that contains the guts of this peanut allergy research. Slightly outside BLT's area but nevertheless a good plug for probiotics.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/peanut-allergy-treatment-success-by-melbourne-researchers-brings-hope-of-cure-20150128-1308m5.html

GR8DAY
29-01-2015, 07:31 PM
...cheers NT

Here's a news story that contains the guts of this peanut allergy research. Slightly outside BLT's area but nevertheless a good plug for probiotics.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/peanut-allergy-treatment-success-by-melbourne-researchers-brings-hope-of-cure-20150128-1308m5.html

neopoleII
30-01-2015, 08:05 PM
here's an interesting link.......
makes you wonder when blt products will be tested for cancer inhibitors?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11394170

Rego55
24-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Hi folks. Anyone hear anything about Blis recently? I note on their website that they're pretty regimented about announcing half year and annual reports so I expect we'll get this on 31 March. Any thoughts on how things are going? I seem to remember the comment at half year about not expecting a profit so I guess I'm not. I would just like to see some return from their efforts in China and the makings of a genuine future for Blis in the orient. :)

pietrade
05-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Former Comvita CEO joins BLIS Technologies Board

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1503/S00162/former-comvita-ceo-joins-blis-technologies-board.htm

flying
05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Looks the right sort of person as the product of BLT is good but to deliver it to the market place is another matter.

GR8DAY
06-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Great to see they are being proactive in their endeavours to continue with growth. Maybe a tie up with comvita could come out of this appointment?......a match made in heaven .....what a product for comvita to add to their range ah?......honey based lozenges laced with a bit of oral probiotic called BLIS!........a world first.

emearg
06-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Great to see they are being proactive in their endeavours to continue with growth. Maybe a tie up with comvita could come out of this appointment?......a match made in heaven .....what a product for comvita to add to their range ah?......honey based lozenges laced with a bit of oral probiotic called BLIS!........a world first.
Good idea yes...world first no: http://honeyblis.co.nz/

GR8DAY
06-03-2015, 01:21 PM
.....OOPS! (stand corrected emearge......how could I forget THAT world first?)..........still a grand idead for Blis to persue I believe. Comvita must surely have massive exposure around the globe with their own honey products.......hey what a partnership.....maybe the new director with his contacts in Comvita will make the suggestion......lets just see how proactive the new man is. I see he is a director of several successful local companies here in the Bay of Plenty.

pierre
19-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Some good news from BLT.

GENERAL: BLT: New Offshore Marketing Configuration for BLIS Technologies

New Offshore Marketing Configuration for BLIS Technologies

NZX-listed BLIS Technologies Limited has announced a reconfiguration of its
offshore marketing arrangements in line with its strategy of broadening its
product offering beyond ingredients and into finished products of BLIS
K12(TM) and BLIS M18(TM) oral health probiotics.

US-based Stratum Nutrition had been distributing BLIS ingredients in North
America, Europe and Asia since 2012. Following a recent review of the
ingredient sales and marketing strategy in conjunction with Stratum Nutrition
a new arrangement has been signed where Stratum Nutrition will now focus
solely on North America - the US and Canada - while BLIS will manage all
other markets.

BLIS Technologies chief executive Dr Barry Richardson said the change in
relationship between BLIS and Stratum Nutrition is a natural evolution as
elements of the BLIS strategy begin to fall into place.

Dr Richardson said the company's new Dunedin manufacturing plant is
operational making lozenges and nutritional formulations for the local market
under the BLIS brand as well as supplying finished products to overseas
markets.

"Stratum Nutrition is primarily an ingredient business whereas our company
has been steadily adding a range of finished product. We want to retain the
expertise of Stratum in that North American ingredients market but become
more directly involved in finished product markets in Europe and Asia. At
this stage we have no intent to develop a North American presence in finished
product. We have enough to do in Europe and Asia."

Working with Stratum, BLIS has been experiencing growth in ingredient sales
in North America. Dr Richardson said the company's increasing ingredient
sales over the past 12 months is due to North American consumer product sales
with BLIS K12(TM) although BLIS M18(TM) is also starting to get attention as
well.

"Both Stratum and ourselves are agreed it will be of greater benefit for BLIS
if Stratum continues to focus strongly on the US and Canada to build
ingredient sales there. Stratum will continue to have an exclusive
arrangement for these markets as we believe they are ideally positioned to
grow ingredient sales in that sector and we have a good working
relationship."

The new arrangement includes a Stratum Nutrition-funded clinical trial of
BLIS K12(TM) or BLIS M18(TM) either in North America or Canada. Clinical
trials in Italy and India have consistently reinforced the efficacy of BLIS
K12(TM) and BLIS M18(TM).

Richardson said the reconfiguration presents an opportunity to become more
intimately involved in our European and Asian markets. This includes
bringing on board a new business manager for the Asia Pacific region, Dr Paul
Donohoe, to improve penetration into Asia Pacific regions, especially Japan,
Taiwan and South Korea.

"The timing is right. We have good existing relationships but now we will go
much more deeply into understanding those consumer markets."

GR8DAY
19-03-2015, 12:42 PM
.....yet more good news Pierre? Im hearing some tones of OPTIMISM there......sounds like they are making some good progress in both Nth America AND Asia/Europe. Good reason to feel buoyed by this report I believe.

pierre
19-03-2015, 01:15 PM
.....yet more good news Pierre? Im hearing some tones of OPTIMISM there......sounds like they are making some good progress in both Nth America AND Asia/Europe. Good reason to feel buoyed by this report I believe.

Agree with you Gr8day. BLT talking positively about marketing activity in European & Asian markets, penetration into Japan, Taiwan & South Korea and appointing a new business for that region certainly bodes well for the future.

Now that they have their production facility in operation, focus on sales and marketing can only be a good thing for both the top line and ultimately, the bottom line.

"Richardson said the reconfiguration presents an opportunity to become more
intimately involved in our European and Asian markets. This includes
bringing on board a new business manager for the Asia Pacific region, Dr Paul
Donohoe, to improve penetration into Asia Pacific regions, especially Japan,
Taiwan and South Korea.

"The timing is right. We have good existing relationships but now we will go
much more deeply into understanding those consumer markets."

Wallace D
22-03-2015, 04:24 PM
To all the BLT bulls, just to say hi as a new ST member and to thank all the positive contributors, especially simla for his relentless support of the Company.

We love the products and haven't had sore throats since we started using K12 over a year ago, also find the M18 very effective for oral health, extremely noticeable difference when I don't use it, even when I had a recent cavity/ decay issue, and a week until my appointment, it seemed to relieve the bad taste that was developing (I guess the wrong bacteria were increasing?).

Wish the company all the best, and think the world will be a better place when the products are more widely embraced.

Disclosure: holding

skid
22-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Speaking of Simla--what happened to him--did he finally jump ship?

simla
22-03-2015, 06:42 PM
As I posted before Christmas, I remain positive but I feel I've done enough for a Mallowpuff these days. Legs up time. Should be an interesting year though.

pierre
22-03-2015, 09:16 PM
As I posted before Christmas, I remain positive but I feel I've done enough for a Mallowpuff these days. Legs up time. Should be an interesting year though.

Hey Simla - we've missed you. I think you might be up for a whole packet of those delicious treats this year. Chances are looking pretty good that 2015 should be a very interesting year for BLT and its supporters - but we'll just have to stay patient till the May announcement - unless there's a major breakthrough in the next 6-8 weeks!

Meantime, enjoy your relaxation.

simla
22-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Thanks. Hope you're right.

skid
23-03-2015, 06:05 PM
God knows you deserve it----Its just getting that incredibly heavy ball to finally start rolling....

GR8DAY
24-03-2015, 10:10 AM
.......someone woke up in a positive move?........that's all the 2c shares gone.......hopefully the last of them! Im quietly optimistic things are falling nicely into place now for BLIS....a couple of positive announcements of late have reinforced this "gut-feeling"? Anyone else agree or is it those rose-tinted glasses of mine playing tricks again?

skid
24-03-2015, 11:15 AM
.......someone woke up in a positive move?........that's all the 2c shares gone.......hopefully the last of them! Im quietly optimistic things are falling nicely into place now for BLIS....a couple of positive announcements of late have reinforced this "gut-feeling"? Anyone else agree or is it those rose-tinted glasses of mine playing tricks again?

From an outside (and not well educated on BLT) point of view ,My main question would be -Has there been a significant change in the management of this Co.?

GR8DAY
24-03-2015, 12:24 PM
.....not that Im aware of Skid, not significant anyway, but I do get the feeling that things are slowly changing in that regard (slowly). That may well be the catalyst that we need to REALLY get this humming as most other areas of growth are in place. Fingers crossed.

hummerh40
14-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Price climbing 10% on a somewhat quiet stock without any apparent news, something brewing?

Harvey Specter
14-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Price climbing 10% on a somewhat quite stock without any apparent news, something brewing?Just the cost of entry with an illiquid stock. Less than $15k turnover so nothing major.

pierre
14-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Just the cost of entry with an illiquid stock. Less than $15k turnover so nothing major.

Agreed. The next 4-6 weeks will be fascinating though, as the punters start to place their bets on the full year results announcement and the positivity level of the guidance for FY16. Interesting times!

Citizen Erased
19-04-2015, 02:13 PM
As a long-time customer and user of Blis M18, I just went to blis.co.nz to place another order and noticed a few things have changed:

My account no longer exists (can't log in and didn't receive a password reset email when I tried that option)
All prices on the website are now in US dollars (used to be NZ dollars)
They no longer ship orders to New Zealand (they list every country except New Zealand when you enter your delivery address)

I've emailed them to ask what's going on. A quick Google search reveals just one retailer selling Blis M18 in New Zealand (Blis K12 is easy to get).

Citizen Erased
19-04-2015, 07:24 PM
I received a response from Blis customer service. For some reason their website thinks I'm located overseas, even though I'm accessing it from my home PC in Christchurch.

gmatt
19-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Yes, good quick response to any email query ...... I emailed re slow delivery of my new purchase and got prompt reply ....... had previously purchased K12 and M18 and it does the job!! Several friends say they will also buy product. Perhaps I should show some faith and buy a few more shares!!

Chippie
19-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Someone at my work ordered K12 a few months ago. They were very impressed with the support they got over the telephone to explain the product options. So that was a very good customer experience.

emearg
09-05-2015, 02:57 PM
There are lots of new products out in the international market, and one of them is aimed at infants:
http://www.bactoblis.it/en/bactoblis-infant.php
or
http://www.omeopiacenza.it/en/product-details.php?p=bactoblis-infant-capsule (for it and other Blis products)

It has just won the finished product of the year for immunity at the European NutraIngedients Awards recently:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Markets/NutraIngredients-Awards-shine-spotlight-on-nutrition-stars

blissfool
09-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Great spotting emearg; this is a major achievement for Stratum & Blis. Hopefully it's a marketing break thru moment to generate sales. This will also compliment the huge potential Blis are working on in China. And be just draw more manufacturers and retailers into the mix who have been sitting back waiting for substantive evidence of this great product.

pierre
21-05-2015, 10:54 AM
All's been quiet on the BLT front for a while - and no movement to speak of in the SP.
Last year's annual report was released on Friday 23 May - maybe tomorrow will be the day for the FY15 announcement.
Anyone care to hazard a guess at what the news might be? How about a prediction from you Simla?

blissfool
21-05-2015, 11:10 AM
All's been quiet on the BLT front for a while - and no movement to speak of in the SP.
Last year's annual report was released on Friday 23 May - maybe tomorrow will be the day for the FY15 announcement.
Anyone care to hazard a guess at what the news might be? How about a prediction from you Simla?p

i will hazard a guess, a doubling of sales revenue on last year and a similar loss of profit to last year. But a strong sales forecast for the current financial year on the back of continued growth in china, strong sales in bactroblis and other new products coming on stream. With a hint of a much reduced lost and maybe profit.
announcement will be a lot more cautious, rather then their traditional optimism.

pierre
22-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Opening sale today at 2.1c. Someone is optimistic that the news will be positive.

winner69
22-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Opening sale today at 2.1c. Someone is optimistic that the news will be positive.

Sure was .....100% increase in revenues and this is a good sign "The immediate focus for the Company is to move to profitable operations"

One day maybe

drcjp
22-05-2015, 10:51 AM
100% increase in turnover and can't crack a profit. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/264682
The same old story.

GR8DAY
22-05-2015, 11:35 AM
.....fantastic news, a report full of warranted optimism. Just what the doctor ordered......maybe even better. Profit not far off now.....but not really a concern with this sort of revenue growth....which should still remain the priority in my opinion. Moving around $50,000 worth of product a week......another milestone. I believe (hope) growth may just snowball from here on in.

simla
22-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Sorry to disagree, nay-sayers ... but a very satisfying report indeed.

Good cash position happily.

Good sales. America back where it was before the difficulties, but Europe already outstripping them. Asia continues to drag it's feet though.

Also, one of the clearest and well presented reports for a while, which I appreciate. I thought the key points at the front were pretty fair comment myself.

I'm not going to give my detailed view on it as I have in the past, but the following point strikes me as interesting.

(a) Take the expected sales increase this coming year (p3) and multiply it by their profit margin (revenue/cost of goods sold, p25) for the expected increase in gross profit from increased sales.
(b) Calculate their loss second half only (full year loss less the loss reported in September) rather than the full year loss which includes lower sales level in the first half.
(c) Remove non-cash items (depreciation, amorisation (p25)

.. then could they be cash-positive on sales before the year is out? Just a possibility, and still overheads to cover. Do your own maths, and future obviously unknown anyway.

Well, yes or no on that, clearly their position just takes on more and more strength. I'm with Gr8day on this. Historical events seem unlikely to repeat now in my mind.

winner69
22-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Sorry to disagree, nay-sayers ... but a very satisfying report indeed.

Good cash position happily.

Good sales. America back where it was before the difficulties, but Europe already outstripping them. Asia continues to drag it's feet though.

Also, one of the clearest and well presented reports for a while, which I appreciate. I thought the key points at the front were pretty fair comment myself.

I'm not going to give my detailed view on it as I have in the past, but the following point strikes me as interesting.

(a) Take the expected sales increase this coming year (p3) and multiply it by their profit margin (revenue/cost of goods sold, p25) for the expected increase in gross profit from increased sales.
(b) Calculate their loss second half only (full year loss less the loss reported in September) rather than the full year loss which includes lower sales level in the first half.
(c) Remove non-cash items (depreciation, amorisation (p25)

.. then could they be cash-positive on sales before the year is out? Just a possibility, and still overheads to cover. Do your own maths, and future obviously unknown anyway.

Well, yes or no on that, clearly their position just takes on more and more strength. I'm with Gr8day on this. Historical events seem unlikely to repeat now in my mind.

Yes indeed. Cash burn H2 just over $0.5m so with sales doubling could be cash flow positive H2

Chippie
22-05-2015, 01:04 PM
p

i will hazard a guess, a doubling of sales revenue on last year and a similar loss of profit to last year. But a strong sales forecast for the current financial year on the back of continued growth in china, strong sales in bactroblis and other new products coming on stream. With a hint of a much reduced lost and maybe profit.
announcement will be a lot more cautious, rather then their traditional optimism.

I am very impressed with the guess from blissfool. It was right on the money :)

All good news from my perspective. So will hang onto these shares for a bit longer.

Apathy
22-05-2015, 04:41 PM

All good news from my perspective. So will hang onto these shares for a bit longer.

Probably not much guess involved... I think the biggest positive is they are addressing the board make up - guess CEO will be next. Everything I have read suggests great product so someone needs to take responsibility.

Even now when you read the 'strategy' it seems to be a wishlist of all and every possible way to market but no real plan? Are the ingredients or finished product? And lets not forget the ice cream factory debacle.

Would like to see them set on a couple strategies - market and method then stick to it. Increased turnover is great - evidence of demand but cash and bottom-line a concern - will be looking for cash again soon I suspect.

blissfool
22-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Hi Chappie
if you trawl back 3 years you will see that I posted that blis would turn a profit that year, that was an epic fail. The difference between then and now is that the board is a lot stronger especially with the 2 latest appointments. Also the impact and influence of Edinbourgh investments can not be under estimated. Guidance and press announcements are more realistic, accurate and guarded.
while there seems to be a lot of work to do, Europe, Japan, Australasia and the USA are exciting sales opportunities this year. And if we can get the cautious Chinese market moving at a better pace, then doubling this years revenue is achievable. In New Zealand a successful study with Cure Kids is a significant marketing opportunity. I have been with blis since 60 cents and this annual report shows a great deal of realistic momentum. However I am tired of the words "trial and compliance". I would like to see more regular updates to the market, they traditionally have been very frugal with information.

simla
25-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Blis doubles its revenue. Share turnover today? $157.50. Is the Auckland housing market the only game in town now?

Fortunately the folks in Dunedin will realise they are running a business that matters to the world. I'm grateful anyway.

Wolf
25-05-2015, 06:32 PM
$23m Market Cap at 0.021c
NTA of $3.1m consisting mostly of cash that will be spent this year.

Sales Revenue increased to $2.5M.
Cash burn of $1.5m, with $2.1m cash remaining. So enough cash likely for another year but expect another capital raising.
Profitability is still a long way off in my opinion, some serious sales growth needed.

Which will hopefully come from growth in exports to china and the launch of new products.
Yet CEO only expects " trading revenue to increase by a similar dollar amount to that achieved in the current year." So approx forecast of $1.3m growth in sales?
Hope he's wrong.

What do you guys expect breakeven revenue to be?

Overall from where I stand I just see continued dilution and cash burn.
Would take some serious evidence of sales growth for me to be interested and even then I fail to justify the current price.

winner69
25-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Blis doubles its revenue. Share turnover today? $157.50. Is the Auckland housing market the only game in town now?

Fortunately the folks in Dunedin will realise they are running a business that matters to the world. I'm grateful anyway.

The corner dairy down the road did over $1000 he tells me.

drcjp
25-05-2015, 08:43 PM

Cash burn of $1.5m, with $2.1m cash remaining. So enough cash likely for another year but expect another capital raising.
Profitability is still a long way off in my opinion, some serious sales growth needed.

Which will hopefully come from growth in exports to china and the launch of new products.
Yet CEO only expects " trading revenue to increase by a similar dollar amount to that achieved in the current year." So approx forecast of $1.3m growth in sales?
Hope he's wrong.

What do you guys expect break even revenue to be?

Would take some serious evidence of sales growth for me to be interested and even then I fail to justify the current price.

a realistic post. The NZX has NOT got its head around biotech - its a high risk/high failure/stunning reward industry. BLT at 2c on a measly $2.5M turnover (and that's the best year after year now) is less than 1:60 of ATM (which is in reality also a biotech with substantial IP around its operations). ATM will turn over $150M this year YET is less than PEB which has yet to turn a trick. INSANE valuations.

IMHO, BLT will continue to suffer with the current lot of management, which is why I got out. 1B shares with a market rev of $2.5M is not sustainable. It will go the way of Genesis soon.

Apathy
25-05-2015, 11:39 PM

Hope he's wrong.

What do you guys expect breakeven revenue to be?

Good summary - there is nothing positive in the announcement as the doubling in sales reduced loss by only $168k - take $50k of which was increased interest income from capital raised. Basically you are looking at a bottom line improvement of just over $100k on the back of $1.1m increased revenue. Anyone know when the patents run out?

Yoda
26-05-2015, 11:45 PM
http://www.4-traders.com/business-leaders/Eion-Knzm-079JPG-E/biography/

is this the sam guy that bought 79 mil. shares today? Seems a well connected chap. Or am i misunderstanding the SSH NOTICE .?

Wolf
27-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Have to look a bit deeper.

Sinclair Long term holdings limited has gone into liquidation.

Directors are:
Eion Edgar
Alan James Mckenzie
Hamish Edgar
Raewyn Dallimore

Looks like possibly a family/friend investment vehicle being liquidated and shares distributed to its holders.

Distributing the following BLT shares:

Sir Eion Sinclair Edgar 79,570,895
ES Edgar Trust as to 65,103,460
Consideration: $0.021 per share. (Current market value)

Not entirely sure what's going on, but basically no more shares were purchased just transferred.
Might make them easier to sell? I have no clue.

Sir Eion certainly seems impressive.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/nz/1041704

Wolf
27-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Some further thoughts.

Presently I'd fathom a (quick) guess at BE sales revenue being roughly about $7.5m PA if not greater.
Unless Gross margins improve, operating expenses and capex decrease significantly.

From my understanding BLT is connected with Otago University.
Since Sir Eion was chancellor, Sinclairs holding may have come from that connection.

Harvey Specter
27-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Sir Eion certainly seems impressive.
Isn't he the guy that explicitly and openly dumped BLT shares on the market to drive the price down so he could convert his preference shares at a much lower price, resulting in much higher dilution for small shareholders?

Predecessor to the FMA did a review but was pretty short as their form didn't allow for the title 'Sir'. ;)

Apathy
27-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Isn't he the guy that explicitly and openly dumped BLT shares on the market to drive the price down so he could convert his preference shares at a much lower price, resulting in much higher dilution for small shareholders?

Predecessor to the FMA did a review but was pretty short as their form didn't allow for the title 'Sir'. ;)

Correct and even more correct!

drcjp
27-05-2015, 10:25 AM

Indeed. I believe it was a"straightforward arbitrage....."

FYI, BLT is a spinout of Otago University - from the lab of Prof. John Tagg. The stuff really works. A pity that it has, imo, been completely mismanaged over the last 7 years.
Eion Edgar was Otago University Chancellor from late 90s til 2003 and he was also once Chair of the NZX.

GR8DAY
27-05-2015, 10:42 AM
"FYI, BLT is a spinout of Otago University - from the lab of Prof. John Tagg. The stuff really works. A pity that it has, imo, been completely mismanaged over the last 7 years."

.....possibly fair comment DRCJP but i sincerely believe that "times are a changing" and the doubling of turnover is the first solid evidence of this change. It appears now that the efficacy of BLIS products is well established (globally) and they seem to finally be concentrating more on marketing/revenue and hopefully profits to reward shareholders. Couldnt be a better time to be buying into this evolving story IMHO.

Harvey Specter
27-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Indeed. I believe it was a"straightforward arbitrage....." Not quite to the level of Sorensens "why does a dog lick its b@lls" comment but still a slap in the face of small shareholders.

emearg
05-07-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm looking to buy my yearly fix of K12 and M18 and came across this product:
http://www.amazon.com/PRO-Dental-Probiotics-Probiotic-Including-salivarius/dp/B00ONB9JIG

With 598 reviews the people marketing this product are obviously doing something right.

skid
05-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Marketing---(the archilles heal of both BLT and PEB) ironically both connected to Otago uni (they must be a bit unhappy with the way the fruits of their research have been handled(so far)

kiwidollabill
09-07-2015, 02:11 PM
So I better weigh in here... To it's credit, the increase in revenue as posted in the last annual report is probably some of the better new which has come out of this wee company. Skid mentioned marketing (or lack thereof) as being an issue with PEB and BLT. Don't know much about BLT in this area but I do know that PEB no longer have any 'marketers' on staff and that the majority of it is done by a Dunedin agency.

Incidentally I remember first year lectures from John Tagg about 'Blis', bit of a showman in his day in the lecture hall.

BLT could be a great little company, but the fact the same management is still there is poor performance by the board. You cant really expect someone with experience running large, operationally/commodity focused dairy companies (as they explicitly were when he was there) to know alot about how to take some valuable IP and transform that into consumer focused products in the nutritionals (for lack of a better word). They've just hired someone ex SFF (byproducts, not meat, i.e. no FMCG experience) to lead them into Asia and I see they are hiring for a product/business development manager too.

JP
14-07-2015, 09:09 AM
If someone is going to the AGM would they mind asking and reporting back on;
1, How long the patents have to run on K12 and M18 etc before other parties can jump on the bandwagon.
2, With nearly 50% of shopping in China now being done on the internet has the company got the appropriate websites to capitalise in that market and its other non English speaking markets.
3. What level of turnover is required to enable the company to start making acceptable profits on the approximate $30 million invested by shareholders to date and when is it likely to occur.

Apathy
14-07-2015, 09:33 AM
So I better weigh in here... To it's credit, the increase in revenue as posted in the last annual report is probably some of the better new which has come out of this wee company. Skid mentioned marketing (or lack thereof) as being an issue with PEB and BLT. Don't know much about BLT in this area but I do know that PEB no longer have any 'marketers' on staff and that the majority of it is done by a Dunedin agency.

Incidentally I remember first year lectures from John Tagg about 'Blis', bit of a showman in his day in the lecture hall.

BLT could be a great little company, but the fact the same management is still there is poor performance by the board. You cant really expect someone with experience running large, operationally/commodity focused dairy companies (as they explicitly were when he was there) to know alot about how to take some valuable IP and transform that into consumer focused products in the nutritionals (for lack of a better word). They've just hired someone ex SFF (byproducts, not meat, i.e. no FMCG experience) to lead them into Asia and I see they are hiring for a product/business development manager too.

Agree with pretty much all of this - $30m later with patents running out it, failed forays into ice cream manufacturing - it is an embarrassment. Where I differ (and I think I have posted previously on it) is the method to market - I don't think they need FMCG experience and the root of their problems is the lack of clarity on their method to market. They don't seem to know if they are an ingredient company, a finished product wholesaler or a direct to market retailer. I hadn't seen the job advert but if they are looking for a product/business manager then that just highlights my point - are they developing products or sales?

IMO they don't have the resources to start a new round of product development - and being blunt even if they came up with another good product I have no confidence they would know what to do with it anyway. Nor do they have the war chest to successfully take the finished product route - shelf space, marketing, co-op advertising, just in time deliver, vendor refill etc etc

I would focus on the ingredients stick to one part of the supply chain and do it properly.

Bilbo
14-07-2015, 09:49 AM
....$30m later with patents running out it....

Does anyone know when the patents expire? From what i can tell US patents expire 20 years after filing date. The earliest Blis patent I can find was filed on Dec 21 2001, so I assume this will expire Dec 2021? Do Blis list patents and their expiry, and the importance of each patent anywhere?

Arthur
14-07-2015, 10:20 AM
If someone is going to the AGM would they mind asking and reporting back on;
1, How long the patents have to run on K12 and M18 etc before other parties can jump on the bandwagon.
2, With nearly 50% of shopping in China now being done on the internet has the company got the appropriate websites to capitalise in that market and its other non English speaking markets.
3. What level of turnover is required to enable the company to start making acceptable profits on the approximate $30 million invested by shareholders to date and when is it likely to occur.

You can probably submit your questions to the meeting in advance. They should then be answered at the AGM.
There is finally a M18 study being done at the Dental School. It is to do with orthodontics.It is only a small trial, so going by previous results even if the results are fantastic it will just trigger endless bigger trials with no commercial benefit.

blissfool
26-07-2015, 05:35 PM
You can probably submit your questions to the meeting in advance. They should then be answered at the AGM.
There is finally a M18 study being done at the Dental School. It is to do with orthodontics.It is only a small trial, so going by previous results even if the results are fantastic it will just trigger endless bigger trials with no commercial benefit.

If anyone out there is going to the AGM, can you ask for an update on sales for the first 3 months of the current FY.
hopefully the improvement of the last 2 years continues.

psychic
31-07-2015, 09:00 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/267728

Gathering steam!

confidence that BLIS will increase sales by at least 75% over last year with a small operating deficit before interest, tax, depreciation & amortization expected for the 2016 financial year.

psychic
31-07-2015, 09:09 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/267729

Business update.

jonu
31-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I think they may finally have got traction in world markets. Should be exponential from here as it is a fantastic product. What a long wait it has been. I hope Simla has hung in there to reap the benefits!

psychic
31-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know when the patents expire? From what i can tell US patents expire 20 years after filing date. The earliest Blis patent I can find was filed on Dec 21 2001, so I assume this will expire Dec 2021? Do Blis list patents and their expiry, and the importance of each patent anywhere?

The Business update just released mentions patents expiring 2020-2023. They say "Blis has a stategy to build on patents, While important, they are only one aspect of the IP

Harvey Specter
Should be exponential from here as it is a fantastic product. Nearly a Mil in the first quarter so $4.5m for the full year should be achievable. Still in a loss position so I guess the question is how much more can they grow and can they increase margins.

Leftfield
Nice to read the annual report presentation reporting 75% sales increases and the, "Expectation is that operating deficit before interest, depreciation, and amortization will largely be eliminated in the current financial year." Golly that means the possibility of profits in FY 2016!

Also I recall someone asking when will BLT's patents expire; the answer is, "current patents expire 2020 to 2023", so heaps of time for profits and dividends (in my dreams.)

psychic
31-07-2015, 10:22 AM
I think they may finally have got traction in world markets. Should be exponential from here as it is a fantastic product. What a long wait it has been. I hope Simla has hung in there to reap the benefits!

Yes agree. Look forward to comments.
Plenty of clinical trial results to look forward to 2016.
Managing growth, conserving capital they say. Will they get through without a cash raise?

jonu
31-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Yes agree. Look forward to comments.
Plenty of clinical trial results to look forward to 2016.
Managing growth, conserving capital they say. Will they get through without a cash raise?

Only reason I could see for a cash raising would be to build production capacity and I don't think that is currently an issue. Their marketing offshore is farmed out.

psychic
31-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Missed this announcement :

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/267730

Health Canada- Approvals for BLIS K12® Probiotic

Opening markets as he says. All good progress. Will continue to hold

GR8DAY
31-07-2015, 11:23 AM
.....well the markets loving this (and not before time) BLIS has been well underpriced for far too long in my opinion and now looks to have some good solid international traction going forward. Also this Canadian approval should be good for business (huge understatement).....all things coming together now after all these years of waiting......well done directors and keep up the good work.

simla
31-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Hearty congratulations to the company. They thoroughly deserve to be in this position of solid sales growth in multiple markets. The company did an awful lot of work over a long time with very little public thanks, and they deserve to see it coming together this way.

I hope Simla has hung in there to reap the benefits!

I only stopped posting because hardly anyone seemed interested, not because I had lost interest myself. Thanks for thinking of me. I must admit I feel like I should do a victory lap myself, as obviously must several others here whose postings I have very much valued. We've received some pretty biting criticism over the years, but victory is looking tantalisingly close now.

But it's certainly not in the bag yet.

I will watch market reaction with interest. I feel the market has been quite blind about BLT for a few years now. Yes, various events in 2011/2012 were pretty depressing for hopeful shareholders. But almost everyone seemed to react with "a leopard can't change its spots" but without noticing that none of the setbacks of that time were the company's fault, that there were no spots to change since the management plan of 2007. The company just soldiered on, as I was pretty sure it would, and thankfully so did the shareholders when called upon, and now we are here.

Over the next 6 months, will people who said this "can't" happen at Blis now reexamine their ideas? Or will they carry on regardless with the same thinking?

It will be interesting to see. This was not a profit announcement sadly. But is surely was of considerable interest. As a shareholder, I'm definitely feeling ... optimistic. But that's just my opinion.

Well done. Blis. Very heartening news!

NeverQuestion
31-07-2015, 11:50 AM
.....well the markets loving this (and not before time) BLIS has been well underpriced for far too long in my opinion and now looks to have some good solid international traction going forward. Also this Canadian approval should be good for business (huge understatement).....all things coming together now after all these years of waiting......well done directors and keep up the good work.

What would you say was a fair price given the current information available?

jonu
31-07-2015, 12:08 PM

You just questioned Neverquestion:p It traded high 2's on less news than this. As always DYOR.

hummerh40
31-07-2015, 12:09 PM
seems quite tightly held so far, judging by the depth at least.

GR8DAY
31-07-2015, 12:42 PM

.....always a tough one NQ, as per usual it's up to the market to decide that.....but if sentiment continues to swing positive then so should the SP. It has traded a few times above 3c in the last couple of years and significantly higher (7-10c) going back 5yrs. Personally I believe that based on this current news and now solid prospects the company should value out at a Market Cap of $35m plus (equal to 3.5c plus per share?)...which aint much for a Listed co. of any size or sector......let alone one tracking north nicely thank you very much?

psychic
31-07-2015, 01:32 PM
.....always a tough one NQ, as per usual it's up to the market to decide that.....but if sentiment continues to swing positive then so should the SP. It has traded a few times above 3c in the last couple of years and significantly higher (7-10c) going back 5yrs. Personally I believe that based on this current news and now solid prospects the company should value out at a Market Cap of $35m plus (equal to 3.5c plus per share?)...which aint much for a Listed co. of any size or sector......let alone one tracking north nicely thank you very much?

So Revenue 100% growth in 2015, they say min 75% 2016 (but Q1 113% up on same period last year so think being typically conservative)

Hard graft done?
Distribution sorted US and EU and enjoying strong sales
Good mix Consumer products and ingredient sales
China - Sinopharm in commercialisation stage. Testing market launch, addressing access issues. But once there , this bit could fly -yes?

Patents in place, so barriers to entry.

For arguments sake:
-Revenue multiple of 10 on 2015 Sales - would give $26m m/cap
-on conservative 2016 est revenue m/cap $46m,
-your $35m nicely in between Gr8day. They've spent about that much getting here so why not?

GR8DAY
31-07-2015, 01:47 PM
.....thanks PSY, yes your figures dont look too far wrong. So conservative sales for 2016 are looking like around $100k per week now.....not too shabby but not before time. Profit cant be too far off now surely? I agree with previous poster in that sales t/over revenue are now growing exponentially and combined with a lower dollar, the prospects for returning a profit to shareholders must surely be increasing exponentially also!!?

Arthur
31-07-2015, 02:32 PM
In my opinion the Canadian announcement is very significant. It allows them to make claims, not just waffle about how it might help. As far as I know this is a first, the regulator would have looked at all of the evidence before granting this status. If Canada gets to use the product with the same market share they have in NZ the company could be quite profitable. If other countries climb on board as well we could run out of tax losses within a few years. The FMA/NZX regulators have many companies running scared about making announcements at meetings and not directly to NZX first. I expect more frequent NZX announcements.

simla
31-07-2015, 04:53 PM

I think the answer is completely psychological at this point. If the thrust of this news comes true, we might hope for a transition to PE pricing over the next year or two, but there is no guarantee of profit yet. But even then there would be no guessing what PE might be in use. Until then, I think people can only guess. Of course, people could forward project their growth estimates and then use the gross margin and assumed PE to arrive at a price in 2 or 3 years, then discount back. But I doubt anyone is doing that personally.

But I don't personally think any mathematics can provide any real certainty at this stage. How long is a piece of string. Until regular profits appear, the price could be anything. Of course, we'd all like to know the answer!

simla
31-07-2015, 05:03 PM
In my opinion the Canadian announcement is very significant.

Completely agree. My understanding of the Canadians is that they will like this sort of product and health claim. Very interesting to follow.

Also, did people notice the BK18 product in the presentation (p5), which I found here. http://www.globaltreasure.com.ph/bk18/ Also here, http://bk18.weebly.com/our-product.html

"Just add water", so it contains dairy ingredients and as such is surely a genuine functional food with Blis? (Or it seems to be dairy, the blurbs are so new that they aren't 100% clear on that.)

"Your Success Starts with BK18™ – Every Morning."

"The development of BK18 has resulted in the most nutritionally bioactive powdered drink available."

"BK18 has been developed to build strong and healthy bodies for children while providing optimal physical and mental health, stamina and performance for adults who lead busy lives. We developed the BioKinetic activity in BK18 for serious people, who need energy and stamina throughout the day and simply can not afford downtime due to illness or being unwell. BK18 has a nutritional profile that would allow for it to be used to supplement the daily diet or replace a meal such as breakfast. [my stress] Taken daily; BK18 is Guaranteed to Build, Protect and Optimize one’s health and the health of the entire Family – We call it “BPO” to Build, Protect and Optimize."

The Contact page lists Philippines, Malaysia and NZ. It seems to have just got off the ground, so I suppose we shouldn't expect too much traction on this for the next year. Looks promising though, and good to see functional food getting up some speed.

blissfool
01-08-2015, 07:13 AM
In my opinion the Canadian announcement is very significant. It allows them to make claims, not just waffle about how it might help. As far as I know this is a first, the regulator would have looked at all of the evidence before granting this status. If Canada gets to use the product with the same market share they have in NZ the company could be quite profitable. If other countries climb on board as well we could run out of tax losses within a few years. The FMA/NZX regulators have many companies running scared about making announcements at meetings and not directly to NZX first. I expect more frequent NZX announcements.

A good day for a company with a great product and a solid plan. Some would even say a great day for a company who has traditionally underwhelmed. Interesting to see that the market factors in false starts, something blis is notorious for. A continuous improvement on the gains made in recent years. Well done Barry and the board, I think they are now a good balance of industry savvy and business skills.

Great to see you back Simla

simla
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Well, thanks Blissfool.

I chewed over that news overnight, and it seems to me to boil down to this: we might now reasonably assume (but not know) that Blis does indeed have a trading future now (and that would be for the first time that we might assume that up to now, I would say) but we still have to wait to find out how good a future.

By predicting revenue to "comfortably exceed $4.5 million" (press release) while also expecting operating deficit in EDITDA to "largely be eliminated" this year (presentation) we might assume (but not know) that somewhere around 4-4.5m is breakeven. Why only assume that breakeven? Because the press release said there are one-off costs in the current half year. That implies two possibilities. Firstly, that the breakeven is lower than that, depending on how big the one-off costs are. And secondly that the second half could actually be a profit - because if one off costs lead to a neutral EBITDA then wouldn't that imply that it would actually be positive except for the one-off costs, in which case the second half (without those costs) could be positive? And also a neutral whole year with a negative first half would mathematically seem to require some sort of positive second half? All just guessing, I'm afraid.

But yet, even if we assume all that positivity, where does that get us? Well, reported revenues for 2014 and 2015 were 1263k and 2523k. Now we are looking at at least 4500k (if it happens). If that trend continues, then obviously we are looking at some pretty impressive possibilities. But were those just "recovery" figures after the problems stemming from 2011/12? Will that rate of growth now evaporate and slow down to a mild growth rate again? Or, more positively, does all of this indeed finally represent unimpeded growth in many markets at once, and therefore a very promising future?

Unfortunately we cannot possibly know without the passage of more time - as I see it anyway. Every half year report will be interesting now though. So, great news, but I'm not sure we're a lot wiser as to the future yet?

GR8DAY
01-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Kiaora Simla and thanks for your input as per usual......I was beginning to think you had abandoned this ship completely ........so great to find you are still onboard. The more of us to debate, examine , encourage and now get excited with......the better in my opinion!

And on that note I do wonder (with the greatest of respect) wether you are now erring too far on the side of caution......and Im referring to the business prospects and growth forcasts etc.... Sure no-one knows 100% what lies ahead, but that can be said for any company cant it? I personally can see nothing but strong compounding growth ahead now for BLIS. I say that with all sincerity as we have seen this come together now over many many years......without any question I believe the time has arrived for BLIS as many factors have finally lined up and while this continued growth factor is not guaranteed......Im certain it's inevitable, all things being equal. We have now experienced at least 3 yrs in a row of what can only be described as exponential growth and if this was to continue (albeit at a slow downed rate).......a $10,000,000plus turnover may come about sooner than some here expect.....maybe within 3 or 4 years?? I do believe that by the very nature of the product alone ( unique, world first in the health industry), and the simple fact that people talk and like to share positive health related stories......this will come about. "Word of Mouth" (pun intended) advertising is a powerful thing and FREE!!

I dont think Im alone (in fact clearly Im not) in stating my well founded optimism and look forward to a strong and exciting future through sustainable growth.

Anyway that's how I see things at present......so lets get behind our directors and encourage them to maintain this ships mometumn....full steam ahead!!

simla
01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Hey, I'm always cautious Gr8day - I can't help myself! But take your $10m turnover, which I agree is a plausible possibility under current news.

Great news for the company because it would surely represent good positive cash flow, and thus a pretty secure future. Let it happen.

But for shareholders, take away overheads, reduce by gross margin and tax, and then divide by 1.1 billion shares ... well, I think we'd be happier to sail beyond 10m if we could. But I don't think we have enough information yet to judge what might happen after 10m, we're not there yet, so I remain unsure. That's all. More half year reports will help me. Or a dividend, but that may be a while yet! I'm not expecting bad news, just being unsure of a still unknown future. That's all.

psychic
02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Completely agree. My understanding of the Canadians is that they will like this sort of product and health claim. Very interesting to follow.

Also, did people notice the BK18 product in the presentation (p5), which I found here. http://www.globaltreasure.com.ph/bk18/ Also here, http://bk18.weebly.com/our-product.html

"Just add water", so it contains dairy ingredients and as such is surely a genuine functional food with Blis? (Or it seems to be dairy, the blurbs are so new that they aren't 100% clear on that.)

"Your Success Starts with BK18™ – Every Morning."

"The development of BK18 has resulted in the most nutritionally bioactive powdered drink available."

"BK18 has been developed to build strong and healthy bodies for children while providing optimal physical and mental health, stamina and performance for adults who lead busy lives. We developed the BioKinetic activity in BK18 for serious people, who need energy and stamina throughout the day and simply can not afford downtime due to illness or being unwell. BK18 has a nutritional profile that would allow for it to be used to supplement the daily diet or replace a meal such as breakfast. [my stress] Taken daily; BK18 is Guaranteed to Build, Protect and Optimize one’s health and the health of the entire Family – We call it “BPO” to Build, Protect and Optimize."

The Contact page lists Philippines, Malaysia and NZ. It seems to have just got off the ground, so I suppose we shouldn't expect too much traction on this for the next year. Looks promising though, and good to see functional food getting up some speed.

Thanks for highlighting this Simla. Agree - "meal in a drink" a successful and growth concept - just look at Sanitarium and their "up & go". So not new, but is this the first to include probiotics? Clever idea, particularly if it can be produced and marketed at the right price.

Have to wonder why the likes of Fonterra haven't come up with it - I'll ask. Particularly given the flak they have recently taken about not value adding. I mean, some whey protein, BK18, flavouring . All you need to get going I imagine.

Instead, it is this Global Treasure NZ marketing it. Here's a wee vid with NZ Director Washington-Smith, talking about Blis and MK18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5pZexaYkI

So, GTNZ. and presumably GT Phillipines and GT Malaysia, now owned by a couple of Malaysian dudes. Washington-Smith of Palmerston North had a shareholding, but no more. Registered address of GTNZ is Grant Thornton Accountants - another GT. Coincidence or maybe they just never got around to changing a shelf Co name. Too much detail sorry, but I was interested in who GT were.

Trusting that there is nothing exclusive in the deal with GT. Clearly they need to run with the big boys with this. Even something the the A2 guys should be going with .

Potential for Blis well understated I reckon.

skid
02-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Hey, I'm always cautious Gr8day - I can't help myself! But take your $10m turnover, which I agree is a plausible possibility under current news.

Great news for the company because it would surely represent good positive cash flow, and thus a pretty secure future. Let it happen.

But for shareholders, take away overheads, reduce by gross margin and tax, and then divide by 1.1 billion shares ... well, I think we'd be happier to sail beyond 10m if we could. But I don't think we have enough information yet to judge what might happen after 10m, we're not there yet, so I remain unsure. That's all. More half year reports will help me. Or a dividend, but that may be a while yet! I'm not expecting bad news, just being unsure of a still unknown future. That's all.

Good ,well balanced post Simla--The future does look much better at this stage ,but caution is a valuable commodity,these days,and in my opinion there is time to let this play out a bit to see whether this really is ''it'' or another false start.
If it does work out,there will still be room for supporters to jump on and reap the benefits without the initial high stakes gambling at the very beginning--The numbers are still pretty miniscule at this stage.

psychic
03-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Good ,well balanced post Simla--The future does look much better at this stage ,but caution is a valuable commodity,these days,and in my opinion there is time to let this play out a bit to see whether this really is ''it'' or another false start.
If it does work out,there will still be room for supporters to jump on and reap the benefits without the initial high stakes gambling at the very beginning--The numbers are still pretty miniscule at this stage.

Always time to watch things play out eh. Others researching this will consider if the market has it priced right given amount de-risked.
It's a bit past initial gambling I think. Much has been done already.

GR8DAY
03-08-2015, 10:55 AM
.....tend to agree PSYCHIC. Some serious groundwork has now been completed over the last 2-3yrs.....laying a very solid foundation for the road ahead. Further potholes to navigate?.......more than likely. Derailment ahead?.....highly unlikely. Fair to say things are looking better than good and for those "punters" still on the sideline Im thinking your "bet" would be pretty safe now (in regards business growth/future profits).

SwampRat
03-08-2015, 02:04 PM
All right... Topped up to a nice round number... Buckling up to enjoy the ride :-)

Harvey Specter
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Agree - "meal in a drink" a successful and growth concept - just look at Sanitarium and their "up & go". So not new, but is this the first to include probiotics? Clever idea, particularly if it can be produced and marketed at the right price. There are lots of probiotic drinks - yoghurt being the main one. The difference with BLT is they target oral health and colds where most probiotics target gut health.

psychic
03-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Ah, ok- thanks for clarifying HS. I got the wrong impression from the line..

BK18™ is our “core line” nutritional breakfast drink and has been designed to build, protect and optimise your family’s health.

cheers

Harvey Specter
03-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Ah, ok- thanks for clarifying HS. I got the wrong impression from the line..

BK18™ is our “core line” nutritional breakfast drink and has been designed to build, protect and optimise your family’s health.

cheersGiven the number of people that pop a Berocca to ward of a cold, that has little or no effect other than drawing attention at the urinal, a drink that is clinically proven to reduce sore throats and ear infections, especially in the young, has to be a very good thing. Imagine if milk in schools in high risk areas got this instead!

stoploss
03-08-2015, 04:21 PM
All right... Topped up to a nice round number... Buckling up to enjoy the ride :-)

Might be a bumpy one CE just resigned ......

Apathy
03-08-2015, 04:31 PM

I would say that is a very positive announcement - long over due and Chair should follow. Has all taken far to long, cost far too much money as it sleep walked along

jonu
03-08-2015, 04:38 PM

I don't see it as a negative. Hard to judge how much of the slow progress can be laid at the CEO's door, but now that they are gaining traction a fresh pair of eyes on the business direction is a good thing in my view.

simla
03-08-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be going if he wasn't confident things were looking pretty good now. His dedication to duty has surely been more than exemplary.

Barry has done a fantastic job, in my opinion. The company was somewhat lost when he arrived, but now has multiple international markets, considerable global brand awareness, excellent scientific prowess, and is probably now on a sustainable basis for cash as well, and quite a diverse income base to work with now, has multiple business partners who seem keen, there seems to be a solid staff now, and the company is hopefully about to look at profit.

It is sad that he didn't get the boom times as a reward while in office, but it seems pretty likely he will see those soon enough from the sidelines anyway. Multiple setbacks around 2011/2012 were not the company's fault, but cost the company maybe 3 years in recovery mode, and I was always keenly aware that that would impact on the working life of all staff at Blis. Three years is quite an extra cost in anyone's working life. Indeed, in my own investing life too!

Nine years is a long time to stay in a job, and we are very lucky he did. I have no difficulty at all expressing considerable gratitude for his time in office and admiration for what he has achieved. He has done NZ a huge favour in bringing this company to fruition. He has done so very quietly compared to other CEOs in NZ, but his achievements seem considerable to me.

Wow.

simla
03-08-2015, 04:54 PM
By the way, I see no reason why the company should not now continue well. He has built a very solid base indeed for the next person to work with.

simla
03-08-2015, 05:06 PM
It says he leaves at the end of the financial year. I wonder if maybe he is expecting to go out on a high with a maiden half year profit! Well, very thoroughly deserved if that is the plan. We'll have to wait and see for that one!

Change is the only constant in life. It can still be very sad. I'm very sorry to hear that news.

Leftfield
03-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Agree Simla, I like the timing (as it allows transition time) and am hopeful they find a great replacement to build on the legacy.

simla
03-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Build on the legacy. Nicely put. I expect that is exactly what will happen next. Life never stands still.

NT001
03-08-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be going if he wasn't confident things were looking pretty good now. His dedication to duty has surely been more than exemplary.

Barry has done a fantastic job, in my opinion. The company was somewhat lost when he arrived, but now has multiple international markets, considerable global brand awareness, excellent scientific prowess, and is probably now on a sustainable basis ... I have no difficulty at all expressing considerable gratitude for his time in office and admiration for what he has achieved. Wow.

Couldn't agree more, Simla. I often thought I should quit BLT as a hopeless cause, but somehow my predeliction for innovative NZ startups kept me in there and I've watched its recent progress with increasing optimism. I was a bit surprised that the announcement came out during trading hours. Almost price sensitive, I thought. He could be hard to replace, but then maybe it's an opportunity to find someone with slightly different strengths.

simla
03-08-2015, 10:42 PM
I often thought I should quit BLT as a hopeless cause.
I think I can honestly say that it never really seriously crossed my mind that BLT would fail. That's why I always found it so strange when people expressed so many doubts on this group over the years.

It always seemed obvious that we had an intelligent brain working tirelessly leading the way, creating a market for a genuinely good product, and with a bunch of keen shareholders, and a very dedicated board, and I saw little reason to think that mere misfortunes would bring things to a halt.

It is a measure of that persistence that the handover has been held back until the company is apparently in a strong enough state to be a reasonably clean handover. Or so it appears to me. Others no doubt have their own opinions.

simla
03-08-2015, 11:01 PM
I am very sad at that news. I know that 9 years is a long time to stay in a job. And I dare say the company is on pretty strong foundations now for the future. But I am very sad at that news. It is the end of one era, and the start of another.

kiwidollabill
04-08-2015, 08:22 AM
I'll happily say I'm a bit taken aback with the recent positive news, good on them. Appears there has (is) a bit of a 'changing of the guard' occuring with BLT, with this being the 3rd senior member leaving in 6 months. Any speculation on who would be a good replacement for Barry?

Nigel
04-08-2015, 08:35 AM
I heard that the Board was in discussions with a mysterious individual known only as Simla. Just a rumour at this stage but I'm hopeful.

simla
04-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I'll just zoom around the world all the time managing a complex web of business relationships, legal requirements, scientific matters, and production issues, all while keeping my finger on the cash situation, and leading from the front with an inspired marketing approach. Do it in my sleep mate!

Happily there are indeed people who can do that, and now their job is to find a few of those to choose from. It will be interesting to see the final result. I don't expect we'll hear a choice for many months. Meanwhile business as usual, I suppose.

simla
04-08-2015, 10:04 AM
There seems to be no negative reaction in the market to the foreshadowed resignation.

That is the ultimate accolade for Barry, of course, as presumably the view is that he has created something enduring. That is certainly my outlook. But it must also feel a bitter-sweet moment.

Putting together the nine years with the overall situation, I have to think it quite likely that he might have left earlier but very generously stayed on to put the company on a solid footing after various setbacks of a few years ago, which must have been a lot of work. What a thoroughly decent thing to do.

As the release about the resignation said: “At the recent AGM we forecasted a further large increase in revenues based on orders now in the pipeline. I think the company is in a place where it has a bright future and I am proud to have played a part in that,” said Dr Richardson.

I think we have been very lucky in having our CEO.

NeverQuestion
04-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately It looks like trade volume has dropped back to 0 today

It was ticking along nicely the last few trading days as per the announcements

Does anyone know when the Full Year Report is due?

I thought it was sometime this month!

simla
04-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Full year was in May, AGM last week. Next half year result in about 14 weeks or so, which I dare say we will be interested in.

blissfool
04-08-2015, 08:55 PM
I am very sad at that news. I know that 9 years is a long time to stay in a job. And I dare say the company is on pretty strong foundations now for the future. But I am very sad at that news. It is the end of one era, and the start of another.

Simla; I Totally agree with your sentiments about Barry Richardson. He has had to deal with everything from product recalls because some idiot tampered with Blis product on store shelves to a global financial crisis. If you follow this thread and its predecessor back 9 years you will find it littered with some extreme lows, false starts and just around the corner stories. It has been a tough roller coaster ride for us train spotters, I can only imagine how hard it has been for Barry. His stickabilty and unflapping faith in the product kept me in the game. Well done Barry, thank you for all your hard work.

GR8DAY
05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
......yep agree with most of the sentiments voiced here re Barrys resignation ie he's achieved probably all he needed to in those 9yrs (some might say more) and now new blood (read NEW ENTHUSIASM) will carry BLIS forward on what appears to be a very solid and sustainable foundation. I take this as excellent well timed news for our company and I envy the person who is fortunate enough to step into Barrys shoes and lead us forward.......I think MOST of the real hard work has been done (by Barry&his team) and the new CEO can focus primarily on driving sales globally. The right person could/should be looking for annual growth of 50% plus pa I believe for the next few years.......no pressure of course but lets watch this thing really get up and fly now.....$10m, 20m, 40m.......move over PEB.......someone tell me to calm down please.....I might take some of that new BK18 see if that works!

THEONE
05-08-2015, 01:21 PM
I also totally agree with the sentiments. Barry has done an amazing job and should be proud of his achievements. 1 Million thanks to Barry and his team.

winner69
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Jeez, didn't know Barry had so many children. Well done Dad

Might have done some good science, but not a great financial success during his tenure

skid
05-08-2015, 09:16 PM
......yep agree with most of the sentiments voiced here re Barrys resignation ie he's achieved probably all he needed to in those 9yrs (some might say more) and now new blood (read NEW ENTHUSIASM) will carry BLIS forward on what appears to be a very solid and sustainable foundation. I take this as excellent well timed news for our company and I envy the person who is fortunate enough to step into Barrys shoes and lead us forward.......I think MOST of the real hard work has been done (by Barry&his team) and the new CEO can focus primarily on driving sales globally. The right person could/should be looking for annual growth of 50% plus pa I believe for the next few years.......no pressure of course but lets watch this thing really get up and fly now.....$10m, 20m, 40m.......move over PEB.......someone tell me to calm down please.....I might take some of that new BK18 see if that works!

Move over PEB?---Jeez your not setting the bar to high:)

This sort of thing is normally disturbing news -I admire your optimisim---best of luck and lets hope your right

Apathy
05-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Jeez, didn't know Barry had so many children. Well done Dad

Might have done some good science, but not a great financial success during his tenure

Thank you! I thought I was losing it reading this rubbish! $10m in losses under his helm, $30k of fines, forays into ice cream, no clear plan, no production facilities - time running out on patents and reading this stuff you would think he should be knighted.

Some very strange ideas on success here!?

GR8DAY
06-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you! I thought I was losing it reading this rubbish! $10m in losses under his helm, $30k of fines, forays into ice cream, no clear plan, no production facilities - time running out on patents and reading this stuff you would think he should be knighted.

Some very strange ideas on success here!?

.......I think it's called a "turn-around" story APATHY. Seriously good time to jump on board in my humble opinion.

blobbles
06-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Reading the last page you would think they were making 100m a year. Are some of you guys serious? When they turn a profit, it will have been a LONG time coming. Near future?

Apathy
07-08-2015, 09:43 AM
.......I think it's called a "turn-around" story APATHY. Seriously good time to jump on board in my humble opinion.

I think it is very positive and am genuinely hopeful we will see a turn around (profitability) My issue was with the ridiculous eulogizing of a CEO with a very poor record over his 9 year tenure.

GR8DAY
07-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Reading the last page you would think they were making 100m a year. Are some of you guys serious? When they turn a profit, it will have been a LONG time coming. Near future?

DEADLY.......but I'll probably think about selling once they reach that milestone....just a couple more years......or 10. (does anyone know?) What if it becomes THE health product in China next year? LOL.

simla
07-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Hey, all I've said is that $10m is a plausible possibility for future revenue (only twice this year's forecast), that I'm optimistic, and that I'm very happy to thank the outgoing CEO. I've also said I'm cautious of the future still. We'll see how it works out.

GR8DAY
10-08-2015, 12:12 PM
New (sh) director Graeme Boyd buys into the improving story.....just taken up 800,000 shares. Not huge in $ terms but still has to be taken as a positive endorsement for the way things are tracking. Maybe vying for the new CEO position? He has a bit of history I believe in this field (COMVITA) so might be a viable candidate.......??

easy money
03-09-2015, 10:09 AM
New (sh) director Graeme Boyd buys into the improving story.....just taken up 800,000 shares. Not huge in $ terms but still has to be taken as a positive endorsement for the way things are tracking. Maybe vying for the new CEO position? He has a bit of history I believe in this field (COMVITA) so might be a viable candidate.......??
Some big buyers have just lined up at 1.8 cents...someone wants in...

blissfool
07-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Some big buyers have just lined up at 1.8 cents...someone wants in...

First half of the financial year comes to an end this month. Any predictions?
Will we at last see a very small profit on the back of continuing sales growth or will that be the year end surprise.

Very quiet out there in Blissworld

NeverQuestion
07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
First half of the financial year comes to an end this month. Any predictions?
Will we at last see a very small profit on the back of continuing sales growth or will that be the year end surprise.

Very quiet out there in Blissworld

I think They will post a small profit but no matter what the share price will drop immediately after

Flugenbear
07-09-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm picking a small loss but increased sales....

blissfool
15-09-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm picking a small loss but increased sales....

I'm picking $1.1M second quarter sales just on $2.1M for the first 6 months, with a loss because of added operating costs of keeping sales growth.
But a significant improvement on last years "Same Peiod" result. With commentary on continued sales growth and maybe a more confident prediction of a small profit at the end of march. Sales growth to head thru $5M fo the full year.

If every thing continues on the same trajectory 2016 will be a good calender year for Blis, there are a lot of trials finishing and results to be published, this will only fuel accelerated growth, especially in USA and China. Some countries in Europe have all ready accepted the product and consumer word of mouth should continue the growth there.

I am very interested to see what are the outcomes of the trail that is being done in NZ in Conjunction with the Cure Kids group.

Knowing Blis, the next announcement will not be boring

easy money
25-09-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm picking $1.1M second quarter sales just on $2.1M for the first 6 months, with a loss because of added operating costs of keeping sales growth.
But a significant improvement on last years "Same Peiod" result. With commentary on continued sales growth and maybe a more confident prediction of a small profit at the end of march. Sales growth to head thru $5M fo the full year.

If every thing continues on the same trajectory 2016 will be a good calender year for Blis, there are a lot of trials finishing and results to be published, this will only fuel accelerated growth, especially in USA and China. Some countries in Europe have all ready accepted the product and consumer word of mouth should continue the growth there.

I am very interested to see what are the outcomes of the trail that is being done in NZ in Conjunction with the Cure Kids group.

Knowing Blis, the next announcement will not be boring
Interest has been slowly building with this stock.....looking to take a position ahead of there results next month..

pierre
30-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Interesting that despite all the general negativity in the market BLT has risen 33% over the past month to 2.4 cents this morning.

Mr Market must be anticipating a much improved result for the half-year, though I think we'll have to wait until early November for the announcement.

I'm picking that he might just be right this time around. Onwards and upwards finally for BLT...maybe.

pierre
05-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Interesting news from BLT. Only a small trial but great results

Ear Infections Reduced Through Use Of Blis K12 - Italian Clinical Study

The International Journal of General Medicine reports findings of an Italian
clinical study showing the daily use of BLIS K12 reduced the rate of ear
infections (acute otitis media) by over 40% when compared to diagnosed
infections from the same populations in the prior 12 months.

In addition, there was a 50-60% improvement in specific measurements for
hearing (p<0.01) as well as an approximate 40% improvement in the appearance
of the ear canal and eardrum (p<0.05), including reductions in fluid build-up
in the middle ear.

Those latest results confirm and extend earlier findings in both children and
adults, establishing the importance of a healthy oral cavity microbiome and
demonstrating the striking benefits of daily BLIS K12 supplementation in
promoting oral health.

The results of this study also reconfirm the excellent safety profile of BLIS
K12 in children with no adverse effects reported.

In this pilot study, conducted by a Milan-based research team, 22 children
ages 3-9 years old with a recent history of acute otitis media and fluid in
one or both ears for at least two months were selected for participation in
the study. They were each administered a once daily chewable lozenge
containing BLIS K12.

Middle ear infections are common in children affecting 80% of children at
some time during their childhood. Acute otitis media can become a lingering
problem resulting in an inflammatory condition characterised by persistent
fluid in the middle ear cavity. If left untreated it can lead to
hearing-related complications.

NZX-listed Blis Technologies chief executive Barry Richardson said the latest
trial followed three previous successful trials by the same Italian group.
One of those previous trials using BLIS K12 on strep throat indicated a
secondary effect of reduction of ear infections so this trial follows up that
observation.

Blis Technologies commercialised the BLIS K12 strain of Streptococcus
salivarius that has resulted from research carried out at the University of
Otago by Professor John Tagg.

END

pierre
14-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Interesting that despite all the general negativity in the market BLT has risen 33% over the past month to 2.4 cents this morning.

Mr Market must be anticipating a much improved result for the half-year, though I think we'll have to wait until early November for the announcement.

I'm picking that he might just be right this time around. Onwards and upwards finally for BLT...maybe.

I got the timing wrong (in a positive sense) but looks like my hunch was right. A profit at last. Great work from the BLT team - definitely onwards and upwards from hereon!

Record Sales and Revised Guidance

Blis Technologies reports that record sales of finished goods in August and
September has resulted in revenue of $2.7m for the September 2015 half year
an increase of 139% over the corresponding September 2014 period. As a
consequence Blis Technologies expects to table a modest surplus in earnings
before interest tax depreciation and amortisation and a small loss for the
period when it presents its full half year financial results in late
November.

Based on the expected half year results, forward orders, planned customer
product releases and the prevailing exchange rate Blis Technologies has
further revised its guidance for the full year for revenue to increase by
over 100% year on year to in excess of $5.3m. Consequently expectations for
the full year are now for a surplus in earnings before interest tax
depreciation and amortisation.

Leftfield
14-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Today's news is great news for holders……

Blis Technologies reports that record sales of finished goods in August and

September has resulted in revenue of $2.7m for the September 2015 half year

an increase of 139% over the corresponding September 2014 period. As a

consequence Blis Technologies expects to table a modest surplus in earnings

before interest tax depreciation and amortisation and a small loss for the

period when it presents its full half year financial results in late

November.

Based on the expected half year results, forward orders, planned customer

product releases and the prevailing exchange rate Blis Technologies has

further revised its guidance for the full year for revenue to increase by

over 100% year on year to in excess of $5.3m. Consequently expectations for

the full year are now for a surplus in earnings before interest tax

depreciation and amortisation.

simla
14-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Wow and Corker!

NeverQuestion
14-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Wow and Corker!

Looks to be a good solid result. Looking forward to the full report!

easy money
14-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Amen to that..

blissfool
14-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Wow and Corker!

That was a huge surprise an outstanding result, it will be interesting to see which country the growth came from. Blis is definately on the right track.

With more population in northern hempishere markets about to start going thru winter the sales results for the next 6 months could be huge. With the alot of trials and tests due next year, 2016 will be a very good calender year for Blis. Alot of media talk about the prevention of Rheumatic fever hopefully one of these studies provides a strong link between taking Blis and reducing the risk of this hideous disease.

Congrats to the team at Blis

Harvey Specter
15-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Great result. Increased revenue forecast - price jump today?

jonu
15-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Great result. Increased revenue forecast - price jump today?

To me, market cap suggests this is already priced in.

pierre
15-10-2015, 09:22 AM
To me, market cap suggests this is already priced in.

Probably - but maybe some will want to start buying next year's even better results?

skid
15-10-2015, 09:22 AM
the debth begs to differ--This must be great news for all those patient investors---Still a long way from the 12c when a friend try to convince me to buy,but its going the right direction now--congrates.

GR8DAY
15-10-2015, 09:37 AM
.....yep all great progress, just as predicted. The future for Blis just keeps getting better and better. Congratulations to all longterm long-suffering shareholders for hanging in there and also to the directors. Finally I believe we can claim to have some real global traction now and a real claim can be made for "onwards and upwards".

kiwidollabill
15-10-2015, 12:50 PM
They must be soon to announce the next CEO. See another jump on a good appointment?

pierre
15-10-2015, 01:03 PM
They must be soon to announce the next CEO. See another jump on a good appointment?

Don't see why not provided they get the right person.

Looks like the product stuff is pretty well sorted. They now need someone to really drive sales and marketing activity to maximise current opportunities and actively seek new markets. It's a big wide world out there and they need to really get moving while they still have patent protection - or does TPP help with that?

GR8DAY
15-10-2015, 01:19 PM
........from what I hear the biggest issue is going to be keeping up with demand?!!

Agree the new CEO will surely be driving this to an all new level. Fresh blood and a now solid platform sounds like a perfect storm for serious growth!

skid
15-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Why would a new CEO drive this to a new level? Just when they get things right ,they change CEOs??? I dont get it,now theres another wild card in the mix-call it what you like,but-management is crucially important in my book.(this one seems to have been the real deal,finally)

pierre
15-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Why would a new CEO drive this to a new level? Just when they get things right ,they change CEOs??? I dont get it,now theres another wild card in the mix-call it what you like,but-management is crucially important in my book.(this one seems to have been the real deal,finally)

They are changing CEOs because Barry Richardson has given notice of his resignation. Cant recall exactly but I think he goes early next year. His decision - not the company's.

GR8DAY
15-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Because thats what we will be paying him/her to do? LOL ......not sit on their hands basking in all the hard work done by Barry and his team. A CEO change was announced months ago by the way.

skid
16-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Because thats what we will be paying him/her to do? LOL ......not sit on their hands basking in all the hard work done by Barry and his team. A CEO change was announced months ago by the way.

I dont think either one of your comments is reason in itself for celebration.im not saying its reason to panic either but obviously Barry has turned things around so why would a change from his expertise be necessarily good news?
OK he resigned--How does that insure the next bloke will be as good?
OK they are paying him to be good- Is that all it takes to insure he is?
Maybe he/she will be even better ,but celebrating just because a good bloke is leaving and an unknown quantity is coming in seems a bit premature to say he/she will be driving this to a new level (lets hope so,though)

On another note anyone got any guesses on which country the growth came from--which would be the best news - US or China (I would lean toward China with its vast market and less competition)

kiwidollabill
16-10-2015, 10:50 AM
I was at a panel discussion a few months back where one of their directors were speaking. Obviously (and no surprises here), they've had to re-invent the inner workings of this company several times over, sounding very positive now (was just as the job ad went out for a new CEO). I would imagine the BOD will be savvy enough to appoint someone with significant international marketing experience which should be a good indicator of where BLT needs to focus. Quite a few middle managers in Fonterra are jumping the boat at the moment (and a few others have been pushed) so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where they will get the talent from.

GR8DAY
16-10-2015, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=skid;594350]I dont think either one of your comments is reason in itself for celebration.im not saying its reason to panic either but obviously Barry has turned things around so why would a change from his expertise be necessarily good news?
Maybe he/she will be even better ,but celebrating just because a good bloke is leaving and an unknown quantity is coming in seems a bit premature to say he/she will be driving this to a new level (lets hope so,though)

CLEARLY YOUR'E A GLASS HALF EMPTY PERSON SKID.......Barry is leaving us with a solid growth platform (thanks Barry)......surely better that than a new CEO stepping onto a sinking ship?? (that's actually what Im saying) Try and be positive my friend and fellow shareholder.

pierre
16-10-2015, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=skid;594350]I dont think either one of your comments is reason in itself for celebration.im not saying its reason to panic either but obviously Barry has turned things around so why would a change from his expertise be necessarily good news?

CLEARLY YOUR'E A GLASS HALF EMPTY PERSON SKID.......Barry is leaving us with a solid growth platform (thanks Barry)......surely better that than a new CEO stepping onto a sinking ship?? (that's actually what Im saying) Try and be positive my friend and fellow shareholder.

I agree Gr8day. Barry's leadership and fortitude through the trials and tribulations of past years now has the company - dare I say it - well positioned for some exponential growth over coming years. He has decided to move on but isn't deserting the ship - he remains in his role till the end of the financial year to ensure a smooth transition to a new CEO.

I don't think anyone is "celebrating" a change - we don't know who the new CEO is, nor are we disappointed with the incumbent. We're just looking at the glass half-full scenario that we'll get a good one and that he/she will continue to drive the business hard from the current, much more secure, base successfully developed by Barry and his team.

The good news is there's plenty of time to suss out and install a new leader, so transition issues should be minimised and momentum able to be maintained.

It will be interesting to see, as Skid mentioned earlier, if the growth is coming from China and then, where FY17 sales forecasts lie. If China is the growth engine, then look out for a potential rocketing of volume over the next 2-3 years. BLT has turned the corner and it looks like a pretty clear, straight road ahead. I'm well and truly on board for the ride.

Discl: Hold 4m shares at 1.6c average.

skid
16-10-2015, 03:19 PM

Maybe I misunderstood your statement about the new CEO bearing in mind you dont know who it will be

''Agree the new CEO will surely be driving this to an all new level.'' -- You dont think thats getting just a hair carried away?--You've decided already that the new CEO will Surely deliver--WHOAAA-- there, back up the ship.--theres plenty to celebrate about what has actually happened--no need to try to predict the future--thats glass 3/4 full

That whole glass half empty reminds me a bit to much of PEB--(lets not Jinx it)

If what you meant is that Barry has left things in a good place,then that great I agree--as far as what the new CEO does ,thats not a given, so watch that space...and best of luck to him and BLT. (and may your half full glass runnith over):)

GR8DAY
16-10-2015, 04:03 PM
.....and to you also my friend!! Yes hear what your saying about PEB but I think we must agree getting BLT to this point has been a genuine hard fought battle that is now feeling and sounding like something to celebrate. To me anyway this may just unfold as one of the great sharemarket comeback stories of all time (maybe Im exaggerating a little). From years of been on the brink of collapse to a position now of apparent success and talk of a surplus......great kiwi grit backing a great kiwi product. Yep I'll drink to that!

NeverQuestion
02-11-2015, 09:19 AM
BLIS Technologies Limited (“BLT”) – Trading Halt of Securities today!

Hopefully good news!!

airedale
02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Trading halt? Well it certainly helped my sore throat last week.

Nigel
02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Takeover by interests associated with directors?

pierre
02-11-2015, 12:34 PM
A takeover offer does seem a likely opportunist possibility now that the company is clearly on a growth trajectory.

If that is the case, I wonder what premium to the current SP will be needed to flush out sufficient sellers to reach 90% threshold?

I've been a patient holder since 2005 and even though I've built up my holding to 4m shares over recent years and averaged my cost down to 1.6c, I wont sell for less than 5c at this time. I doubt that an offer anywhere near that figure is remotely likely.

If the growth that BLT is achieving is occurring in China I believe the future potential is huge, so I'd rather stay on board and enjoy the ride than sell out now.

Of course, the Trading Halt may be nothing to do with a takeover at all so watching and waiting with a great deal of anticipation.

BLT has certainly been an "interesting" investment.!

kiwidollabill
02-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Sorry lads, not the positive news we would be hoping for.

https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/272699

pierre
02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Oh Bugger! A quality issue with one of BLT's products!

As I said earlier - an interesting investment - but would prefer it wasn't this type of issue causing the trading halt.

Fingers crossed it's not a major!

Leftfield
02-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Yep Bugger, however the trading halt is a responsible way to tackle the issue until more is known.

NeverQuestion
02-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Oh Bugger! A quality issue with one of BLT's products!

As I said earlier - an interesting investment - but would prefer it wasn't this type of issue causing the trading halt.

Fingers crossed it's not a major!

Seems like the company struggles a bit with bad press...

I hope this is seen as a commitment to quality and strong leadership from the top

And not incompetence or major production failure

pak
03-11-2015, 07:54 PM
A suggestion the quality control is related to the blister packs. This would be a better case scenario than the product itself. Here's hoping......

http://www.pharmacytoday.co.nz/business-time/2015/november-2015/03/blis-stops-trading-on-stock-market-to-investigate-product-issues.aspx

Leftfield
04-11-2015, 11:31 AM
BLT / ANNOUNCEMENTSSome Change To Guidance After Discoloured Product Discovery10:45am, 4 Nov 2015 | GENERAL4 November 2015
Some Change To Guidance After Discoloured Product Discovery
As a precautionary measure, Blis Technologies Limited halted trading on the NZX Monday morning after speckled discolouration in samples of a blister-packed lozenge product was discovered in Europe. Blis Technologies is implementing a process to replace the affected product.
This particular formulation was contract manufactured by Blis specifically for one European customer. A quality control investigation has now revealed that under extreme humidity some speckling of product is possible. Investigations of retention samples held by the company in New Zealand show the product remains safe although cosmetically unacceptable.
Europe experienced a particularly hot and humid summer this year and the Blis Technologies Research and Development team is now working with the company’s European distributor to improve the methods of transporting and storage from the point of leaving New Zealand to getting to the end consumer. Improvements are being implemented in production, quality control and logistics. As a short term solution to meet ongoing demand some lozenges will be manufactured in Europe.
The underlying science behind Blis products is unquestioned and backed by clinical trials.
The problem does not affect product developed for other markets such as the US, Japan, and China. Products sold in New Zealand such as ThroatGuard, FreshBreath, and TravelGuard have a different formulation and are not impacted. Plans for expansion of product sales in Japan and Australia scheduled for later this year remain on track.
While some additional costs are expected in terms of replacement of product, the board is not revising its revenue guidance, but is making an as yet undetermined provision of up to $350,000 against the half year results.
On October 14, based on prospective half year results, forward orders, planned customer product releases and the prevailing exchange rate, Blis Technologies revised its revenue guidance for the full year for revenue to increase by over 100% to in excess of $5.3m.

simla
04-11-2015, 11:34 AM
No big deal in the end. A provision of up to $350k might affect "expectations for the full year are now for a surplus in earnings before interest tax depreciation and amortisation", as mentioned in the previous update? Or maybe not.

Meanwhile, half year report due this month and still expecting full year revenue "in excess of $5.3m".

Some good news hidden there though, as the release said " expansion of product sales in Japan and Australia scheduled for later this year remain on track", which is extra news. Nice to hear of progress in Aus.

All up, it seemed a fairly intelligent response.

pak
04-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Yeah agree. This could have been a disaster. I now believe this is just another bump in the road. The show will go on.

Leftfield
04-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Nice bounce back in the SP today…… market seems to like the way they handled this hiccup.