PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

kiwidollabill
11-11-2015, 10:50 AM
New CEO Ex-Fonterra, no surprises there.

LinkedIN page shows a pretty reasonable background to lead BLIS. Holders should be happy with this.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/224488.pdf

pierre
11-11-2015, 11:00 AM
New CEO Ex-Fonterra, no surprises there.

LinkedIN page shows a pretty reasonable background to lead BLIS. Holders should be happy with this.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/224488.pdf

Good call of yours back in October Kiwidollabill - you picked Fonterra as the likely source of the new MD. Ten points to you for perception.

kiwidollabill
11-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Good call of yours back in October Kiwidollabill - you picked Fonterra as the likely source of the new MD. Ten points to you for perception.

Thanks, easy guess. Even I'm thinking about becoming a holder now. sp at 0.03, MC at $31M, FY Revenue guidance at $5.3 on 100% growth. What's not to like...?

pierre
11-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks, easy guess. Even I'm thinking about becoming a holder now. sp at 0.03, MC at $31M, FY Revenue guidance at $5.3 on 100% growth. What's not to like...?

I agree. I've been a BLT holder since 2005 - patience eventually wins in most cases. Need to develop the same fortitude with my PEB holding too.

pierre
20-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Great half-year result for BLT. Sales up 139% Deficit halved to just $400k (after $350k provision for manufacturing glitch). Looking good for the rest of the year.

Percy has a phrase for this I think - something like well positioned?

simla
20-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Was that Barry's last report maybe? Well, he would be very pleased with that report, I would think. An unexpected problem with extreme humidity prevented a positive EBITDA, but it was pretty close anyway. What an ocean of work and a considerable achievement.

stef
20-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Great half-year result for BLT. Sales up 139% Deficit halved to just $400k (after $350k provision for manufacturing glitch). Looking good for the rest of the year.Percy has a phrase for this I think - something like well positioned?Numbers look good, with the momentum in growth continuing, but no mention of China?

GR8DAY
20-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Numbers look good, with the momentum in growth continuing, but no mention of China?

........sounds like they might be too busy to worry about China for now STEF?!! (cant imagine how stretched they might be if China started firing). This is really unfolding now as a true growth stock on a roll........anyone not holding Blis at the moment will be kicking themselves over the coming months and years IMHO....SP must be up what 50% this year?, and I can only see this trend continue into the forseeable future. Anyone keen to put a number on it in say 2yrs time?? 10c,20c,30c????

jonu
20-11-2015, 10:45 AM
........sounds like they might be too busy to worry about China for now STEF?!! (cant imagine how stretched they might be if China started firing). This is really unfolding now as a true growth stock on a roll........anyone not holding Blis at the moment will be kicking themselves over the coming months and years IMHO....SP must be up what 50% this year?, and I can only see this trend continue into the forseeable future. Anyone keen to put a number on it in say 2yrs time?? 10c,20c,30c????

You're not the moose reincarnate?

GR8DAY
20-11-2015, 11:16 AM
You're not the moose reincarnate?

.....as in Winner of the Sharetrader Comp? (yes he can pik winners too Jonu) Hope ur on board m8!

jonu
20-11-2015, 11:18 AM
A little more seriously, I think 3.5 is about where it might settle in the next wee while.

psychic
20-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Numbers look good, with the momentum in growth continuing, but no mention of China?

This comment made re China in the Accounts - and "in the near future" is good enough for me to hold. :)
Announcement of trial results should be fuel for the SP eh

NZPR Group, our key partner in China, has engaged Sinopharm (the largest oral health and pharmaceutical
company in China) to test-market consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics. The results of the test-market and
three (3) clinical trials being carried out by Sinopharm are still in progress and will be important determinants when
considering product launch plans. There were no sales to NZPR Group during the period and the company
continued to provide technical support in anticipation of sales being achieved in the near future

NeverQuestion
22-11-2015, 08:57 AM
This comment made re China in the Accounts - and "in the near future" is good enough for me to hold. :)
Announcement of trial results should be fuel for the SP eh

NZPR Group, our key partner in China, has engaged Sinopharm (the largest oral health and pharmaceutical
company in China) to test-market consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics. The results of the test-market and
three (3) clinical trials being carried out by Sinopharm are still in progress and will be important determinants when
considering product launch plans. There were no sales to NZPR Group during the period and the company
continued to provide technical support in anticipation of sales being achieved in the near future

As predicted the good result leads in the share price dropping... I think someone is trying to spook other traders into selling off

This isn't the only stock I have seen this happen.... Just seems odd that it happens like clockwork

skid
22-11-2015, 09:30 AM
As predicted the good result leads in the share price dropping... I think someone is trying to spook other traders into selling off

This isn't the only stock I have seen this happen.... Just seems odd that it happens like clockwork

The average for the day was 2.83--Your essentially looking at what happened in the last minute as opposed to how the whole day went so I wouldnt get to concerned-some big numbers went through @2.9 and 2.8 as opposed to 76000 @2.6 - 459pm

You will get a better idea come Monday when we see how many are on offer @ 2.6--My guess is that if I wanted to buy in at this price it would be difficult to get many

GR8DAY
22-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Exactly skid.....the days shareprice was over 2.8c nd some little sneek picked up a handful at 2.
6c.....lucky him or her.

Leftfield
24-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Things settling down after the results. New lower support level of 2.6 and on the high side looking to break above 2.9?? Nice upward trend developing. Time will tell.

DYOR. Disc - Holding.

Yoda
25-11-2015, 06:30 PM
From last weeks report report...."A field study in the Eastern Bay of Plenty where Blis product is assessed in relation to rheumatic fever prevention is expected to be presented by the researchers in November."

this will be positive, (DYOR) and has shown to help prevent RF but wait for the full report. I was giving a lecture at an event when the Dr gave an interim report of the study. By preventing strep throat, you prevent RF which is huge is EBOP. huge tax$ in treatment of cardiac damage caused by RF. Give all kids BLIS lozenges and we reduce the RF. Lots of kids, lots of lozenges, over a long period of time. These kids just pass strep throat from one to another like nits. Its a revolving problem. Unless the research has changed...... Again DYOR, but every little bit of good news counts.

Leftfield
26-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Thanks Yoda…. v promising

Leftfield
26-11-2015, 11:29 AM
And now from BLT "Preliminary results from a field trial in the Eastern Bay of Plenty using BLIS K12 probiotic presented to the Paediatric Society of New Zealand yesterday indicated that a one month course of BLIS K12 probiotic achieves a useful, greater decrease in both Group A Streptococcal (GAS) carriage and GAS sore throats than antibiotics alone. Further analysis of the results are being undertaken and presented early next year."

artemis
26-11-2015, 05:22 PM
According to Wikipedia, over 300,000 children worldwide get Acute Rheumatic Fever each year, and in addition some adults. About 18 million people currently have rheumatic heart disease.

There's been quite a bit of recent press about problems with antibiotic use in general, so there could well be a decent market for effective products which are not antibiotics. Providing preventive BLIS doses per the field trial of course covers many more children than those at risk of ARF.

pierre
26-11-2015, 06:01 PM
The BLT half-year report is well worth reading.

http://blis.co.nz/resources/investor-relations-annual-report/

The company is on target to achieve an increase of over 100% in revenue for the current FY. Expect to exceed $5.3m sales and to post a modest surplus pre EBITDA.

A few key points:

* Ingredient Sales by North American & European distributors are increasing
* Distributor for Japan starting to provide steady ingredient order flow
* Developing Blis branded consumer products internationally
* Increasing consumer product sales into Australia - product launches planned for 2016
* South East Asia and Japan offer immediate opportunities for sales of branded products
* Consumer products successfully launched into Poland, Romania and Greece. Further product launches within Europe well advanced.

No sales action yet in China due to complex and challenging regulatory issues - plenty of potential there but yet to be achieved.

The report is full of generally positive news and indicates that BLT is really getting on a roll. I cant help feeling the full FY16 forecast is probably quite conservative.

After many false starts and a few stumbles the future for BLT is looking very bright. Once the China issues are overcome it will be all go!

simla
27-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Yes, it sure is a whole new ballgame now, which is great. But it might be a couple of years yet before we really know what that ballgame is. Still, as Gr8day points out, the share price might be quite different by then too.

Sgt Pepper
27-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Yes, it sure is a whole new ballgame now, which is great. But it might be a couple of years yet before we really know what that ballgame is. Still, as Gr8day points out, the share price might be quite different by then too.

As a long term shareholder I am interested in others opinions of this company. do you think it has the potential to be another Comvita?

simla
27-11-2015, 04:13 PM
I wish I knew, hence my comment of needing to wait a couple of years. The potential is certainly good, but reality has a way of intervening, and industries face problems (look at dairy.) Also, Comvita hasn't happened overnight. I remain cautiously optimistic though.

However, my maths on adjusting the Comvita EPS from the 39m CVT issued shares to 1102m BLT shares suggests that the CVT EPS of 44 cents would come out at just 1.5 cents for BLT. So I guess it depends what you mean by "another Comvita". (I assume you know that a previous CEO at Comvita is on the BLT board.)

1.5 cents per share on 1102m shares is a 16m profit by my maths, by the way. Definitely possible, I would have said. Will it happen? Don't know. When? Don't know.

Sorry, but we've reached a point we've wanted in quite a while, which is effectively break even and a seemingly assured future for the company. Excellent. But now we can't know how this will play out next - in my opinion, anyway. Others may see things otherwise.

Discl: Shareholder.

emearg
27-11-2015, 05:49 PM
And now from BLT "Preliminary results from a field trial in the Eastern Bay of Plenty using BLIS K12 probiotic presented to the Paediatric Society of New Zealand yesterday indicated that a one month course of BLIS K12 probiotic achieves a useful, greater decrease in both Group A Streptococcal (GAS) carriage and GAS sore throats than antibiotics alone. Further analysis of the results are being undertaken and presented early next year."

They are a bit light on info so here ya go:

ONE MONTH OF BLIS PROBIOTIC DECREASES STREP CARRIAGE AND SORE THROATS IN
SCHOOLS
Sandra Ball1
, Pareake O’Brien2
, Melissa Bennett1
, Tui Edwards2
, John Malcolm3
, Nevil Pierse4
Eastern Bay Primary Health Alliance, Whakatane
Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngati Awa, Whakatane
Whakatane Hospital, Bay of Plenty District Health Board
Wellington Clinical School, University of Otago, Wellington
Background
In endemic NZ Acute Rheumatic Fever (ARF) areas, Group A Streptococcal (GAS) carriage is high, seasonal and recurrent. Kawerau
Schools sore throat swabbing programmes parallel significantly declining GAS carriage1
, 22% to 12%, further to 6% with skin
sepsis interventions, alongside ARF decline. Ten day Antibiotic courses are taken for GAS sore throats. We found in Kawerau a
probiotic with Bacteria Salivarius with bacteriocin like inhibitory substances, Blis K12, taken for one month significantly (p< 0.001)
decreases2
GAS sore throat recurrence by 86% comparing three months pre Blis and 3/12 following.
Methods
In the winter of 2015, a one month course of Blis was offered to 500 Whakatane primary school pupils, supervised 5 days/ week,
in 3 schools with mainly Maori pupils. A stepped wedge design meant delaying one school’s Blis intervention by one month
(control group) so that the extent of decline in GAS carriage and GAS sore throats before and after was known. Subsequent throat
swabs 3 and 4 months later established the duration of protection. Where GAS was present in the baseline or follow-up swabs a
10 day course of once daily oral amoxicillin was prescribed3
and delivered, unless the child was penicillin allergic, in which case
alternatives from NHF4
and MOH guidelines were prescribed.
Results
Of 500 eligible pupils, after consultation with School Principals, Parents, Boards of Trustees and Ethics approval, 60% i.e. 300
pupils assented and their parents consented. Blis was well accepted for its taste and palatability. The 1/12 post Blis change in
treatment schools pupils GAS carriage (27 to10%) 63% drop, compares to (24 to 16%) 33% drop for the control school. Duration
of protection will be assessed
Conclusion
A one month course of Blis K12 probiotic achieves a useful, greater decrease in both GAS carriage and GAS sore throats than
antibiotics alone.
References
1. Ball S, et al. Pharyngeal Group A Streptococcal (GAS) Throat prevalence declines with school based sore throat swabbing, “ Kiri
Ora”Healthy Skin Programme and appears to parallel decilining Acute Rheumatic Fever ARF in ASID in Aotearoa March 2015. Auckland New
Zealand.
2. Bennett M, et al., Blis K12 stops Kawerau Group A Strep School Sore throat recurrences, in Bay of Plenty DHB Clinical Research Awards.
2014: Tauranga.
3. Lennon D, et al., Once-daily amoxicillin versus twice-daily penicillinV in group A B-haemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis. Arch Dis Child
2008. 93: p. 474-478.
4. Lennon D, et al., New Zealand Guidelines for Rheumatic Fever; Group A Streptococcal Sore Throat Management; Guideline 2014 update.

BLIS K12 LESSENS KAWERAU GROUP A STREPTOCOCCUS SCHOOL SORE THROAT
RECURRENCES
John Malcolm1
, Sandra Ball2
, Melissa Bennett3
, Liisa Wana3
, Nevil Pierse4
Paediatrics Service Whakatane Hospital BOPDHB
Eastern BOP PHA Rh Fever team Clinical Lead
Eastern BOP PHA Rh Fever team
Wellington Clinical School, Otago Medical School
Many Children in the EBPHA run Kawerau Schools Acute Rheumatic Fever Prevention project get recurrent Group A Streptococcus
(GAS) sore throats; (EBPHA has worked with the 1400 Kawerau school children since 2010). Approximately 14% of Kawerau
school children’s GAS infections are to children having 3 or more episodes in a year, many needing multiple courses of antibiotics
each year. Recurrent GAS sore throats occur despite the MOH NZ Primary Care Handbook 2012 recommended second line
antibiotics for when three recurrences have occurred in three months. Parents and children understandably question antibiotic
efficacy when this occurs. Because GAS sore throats sometimes cause ARF, with Rheumatic Heart disease often following,
effective GAS treatment is important.
Blis (Bacteriocin like inhibitory substances) K12 lozenges are a probiotic with Streptococcus salivarius with 2 exotoxins which
combat GAS growth; It has recently been used in three Whakatane schools in a EBPHA Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngati Awa one month
trial checking the impact on GAS carriage and duration of subsequent protection. This Kawerau study focused on Blis use for
recurrent GAS, particularly on subsequent protection following a short one month course following the recommended antibiotic.
When Blis K12 lozenges, were taken for one month by Kawerau children n 23 , GAS sore throats did not recur for many months;
Twenty three children had 58 episodes in the 3 months prior to its use and 8 episodes in the three months to follow, significantly
86% fewer, ( P<0.001). Our results show that a short one month course Blis K12 has high acceptance, is highly effective
preventing GAS recurrences for at least 3-4 months and decreases antibiotic need.
Blis K12 may be an effective one month treatment following appropriate antibiotics for those with recurrent GAS; A larger RCT for
recurrent GAS is proposed.

simla
27-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Hard to read! Was this the main point maybe:

Twenty three children had 58 episodes in the 3 months prior to its use and 8 episodes in the three months to follow, significantly
86% fewer, ( P<0.001). Our results show that a short one month course Blis K12 has high acceptance, is highly effective
preventing GAS recurrences for at least 3-4 months and decreases antibiotic need.

And:

Recurrent GAS sore throats occur despite the MOH NZ Primary Care Handbook 2012 recommended second line
antibiotics for when three recurrences have occurred in three months. Parents and children understandably question antibiotic
efficacy when this occurs.

If I was the government, I'd be pretty keen on that. "high acceptance" is good, but I wonder if there is room here for the Blis functional food method, since it's for kids - even the ice cream!! If the results are that good, will we be seeing an announcement soon of an escalation of use? Or will the wheels that have to turn just carry on turning anyway? I imagine the parents will be pretty keen to rip into it regardless.

John Tagg must be pretty pleased with that result.

Thanks, Emearg.

simla
27-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Going back to the overall state of the company, consider this. Revenue of $5.3m is $100k per week, or $14k a day, or $590 an hour, $10 a minute. So it is now at the stage that someone is buying Blis somewhere every minute of every day really. Someone must have bought some while I wrote this. Not bad. Check the maths, but it seems right.

emearg
27-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Hard to read! Was this the main point maybe:

And:

Recurrent GAS sore throats occur despite the MOH NZ Primary Care Handbook 2012 recommended second line
efficacy when this occurs.

If I was the government, I'd be pretty keen on that. "high acceptance" is good, but I wonder if there is room here for the Blis functional food method, since it's for kids - even the ice cream!! If the results are that good, will we be seeing an announcement soon of an escalation of use? Or will the wheels that have to turn just carry on turning anyway? I imagine the parents will be pretty keen to rip into it regardless.

John Tagg must be pretty pleased with that result.

Thanks, Emearg.

Yes the formatting went to hell in a hand basket!

Originals can be found in this:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/2015psnz/PSNZ15_Handbook_final.pdf

simla
27-11-2015, 06:18 PM
You know, that really was an exceptionally good trial result. The company must be stoked with that outcome. Hard to say what monetary value it has for BLT, since most people don't get rheumatic fever, but a pretty good outcome for the medical community, I would have thought.

GR8DAY
30-11-2015, 12:41 PM
.......from what Ive briefly read there is also a strong connection between tooth decay and damage to heart valves. If this indeed prooves to be the case then BLIS technology could once again be used to treat this deadly condition. Just the thought of a decaying tooth may be enough for every potential sufferer (that's anyone with teeth) to "REACH FOR THE BLIS"!! Healthy bacteria (probiotics) may indeed save mankind from the death trap of antibiotic overuse and abuse.....the worldwide phenomena now gathering steam.....and Probiotics should start in the oral cavity and go from there. We are bacteria.....good and bad.......strengthen the good and enjoy good health. SIMPLE. BLIS.

NT001
30-11-2015, 01:24 PM
And given all the growing talk about the damage done to longterm health and immunity by excessive reliance on antibiotics, this looks like the way to go.

Leftfield
30-11-2015, 02:53 PM
And given all the growing talk about the damage done to longterm health and immunity by excessive reliance on antibiotics, this looks like the way to go.

I too am enthused by the potential for BLT (and am currently sitting on a nice 58% gain for less than 2 yrs holding) however, I suspect much future worth depends on the new CEO proving worthy of his title in the new-year. It's an exciting career move for the right person.

emearg
01-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Anyone who wants lots of detail on the studies being done in BOP, Porrirua and Kawerau you should check the following document out. It is interesting reading!
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFmIOvsbTJAhUnH6YKHRrABnwQFgggMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anzctr.org.au%2FAnzctrAttachm ents%2F368338-Draft%252028%2520%2520Whakatane%2520School%2520Bli s%2520indexed%2520with%2520updated%2520timetable%2 520and%2520budget%25209%2520April.docx&usg=AFQjCNGV72890pDc57xvm2_yyXxioutm6A&sig2=d0ZYSabGKdFb9VXJDdKkSQ&bvm=bv.108194040,d.dGY

The following is old but provides some context around GAS, ARF, and RHD:
http://www.hrc.govt.nz/news-and-media/media/rheumatic-fever-research-gets-funding-boost

I don't normally focus on the softer more human aspects of investing in my posts but when I think RHD knocks 14 years off Maori men's lives, Blis K12 contributing to the solution would be fantastic, and looks like a like outcome in the short(possibly)/medium/long term.

Arthur
01-12-2015, 09:54 PM
I like this line
"If effective, this strategy could be incorporated immediately into the prevention of GAS sore throat occurring in all high risk populations in New Zealand". But will they do it? or piss around for another 10 years costing the country money and ruining people health? The cost/danger with getting kids to take Blis K12 is small, the result of inaction is tens of millions wasted on treating preventable heart problems. It seems like a no brainer, but then it has for a long time.

Arthur
01-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Budget for the trial was about $66K, BlisK12 cost $4k of that.

skid
02-12-2015, 07:27 AM
I too am enthused by the potential for BLT (and am currently sitting on a nice 58% gain for less than 2 yrs holding) however, I suspect much future worth depends on the new CEO proving worthy of his title in the new-year. It's an exciting career move for the right person.

Better be careful--I got walloped for questioning that:)

skid
02-12-2015, 07:28 AM
.......from what Ive briefly read there is also a strong connection between tooth decay and damage to heart valves. If this indeed prooves to be the case then BLIS technology could once again be used to treat this deadly condition. Just the thought of a decaying tooth may be enough for every potential sufferer (that's anyone with teeth) to "REACH FOR THE BLIS"!! Healthy bacteria (probiotics) may indeed save mankind from the death trap of antibiotic overuse and abuse.....the worldwide phenomena now gathering steam.....and Probiotics should start in the oral cavity and go from there. We are bacteria.....good and bad.......strengthen the good and enjoy good health. SIMPLE. BLIS.

Do you have a link for that--sounds interesting (tooth decay)

skid
02-12-2015, 07:30 AM
I like this line
"If effective, this strategy could be incorporated immediately into the prevention of GAS sore throat occurring in all high risk populations in New Zealand". But will they do it? or piss around for another 10 years costing the country money and ruining people health? The cost/danger with getting kids to take Blis K12 is small, the result of inaction is tens of millions wasted on treating preventable heart problems. It seems like a no brainer, but then it has for a long time.

It is a no brainer--but many in the decision making positions dont have brains unfortunately

Bjauck
02-12-2015, 08:42 AM
I always thought that the link was between peridontal diseases (gum disease) and heart disease. I also thought that peridontal disease and gum inflammation could also be a catalysing factor in other conditions. If BLT has products to counteract that, it would be great. DYOR.

Leftfield
02-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Better be careful--I got walloped for questioning that:)

Appreciated…… my comments apply in general to any person in such a key position. Put simply this person has to prove themselves (I wish them well and I hope they do.)

GR8DAY
02-12-2015, 10:38 AM

HERE'S JUST ONE OF MANY LINKS SKID.........mainly talking about GUM DISEASE as a contributor/cause of heart disease. Naturally BLIS deals to any Oral infection by promoting the good bacteria which overcome the bad bacteria and allows healing to take place. It's also a no-brainer.

https://www.deltadentalins.com/oral_health/heart.html

GR8DAY
02-12-2015, 10:52 AM
.......note to above: 80% of adult Americans suffer from gum disease!! ........I read that as : 80% of adult Americans need BLIS!! (just imagine) ??

Yoda
02-12-2015, 01:44 PM
http://www.ada.org/en/science-research/science-in-the-news/dental-treatment-before-cardiac-surgery-studied

Physicians and dentists often work hand in hand to optimize the oral health of patients prior to cardiac surgery. To that end, tooth extraction is not uncommon for these patients. A recent study1 from the Mayo Clinic investigated potential risks that may be associated with pre-surgical extractions.

Infective endocarditis is associated with a high mortality rate, and therefore preventing these infections is critical. Because oral infections have been implicated in the pathogenesis of infective endocarditis, dental procedures are often performed before cardiac surgery as a preventive measure.

fyi

skid
02-12-2015, 02:27 PM
HERE'S JUST ONE OF MANY LINKS SKID.........mainly talking about GUM DISEASE as a contributor/cause of heart disease. Naturally BLIS deals to any Oral infection by promoting the good bacteria which overcome the bad bacteria and allows healing to take place. It's also a no-brainer.

https://www.deltadentalins.com/oral_health/heart.html

Cheers--interesting

emearg
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
It is a no brainer--but many in the decision making positions dont have brains unfortunately

True enough but the fact it is being trialed is a good sign. It has visibility among the health professionals interested in this area of medicine, and if it proves successful in the trials it may be a fairly easy sell to the higher ups. Very cheap to buy and administer i.e. no nurses or doctors required...just education and a nudge from teachers and care givers. It sounds like the kids like it so many will be happy to suck a 'lolly' each day.

If it happens it happens and at that point we can bank the returns. Until then it is just another item in the large 'potential pile' Blis has.

emearg
02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
FYI I went to the dentist yesterday. It was the quickest and least painful dentistry appointment ever. Feedback was my teeth are in excellent condition. This is different to last year when I had lots of tartar and was told to floss several times daily.

What has changed? Not the flossing as I still only remember to do it once or twice a week. Not the brushing and I still do that twice a day. It could be the M18 which I started taking it in Feb 12. As noted previously I have seen far less tartar build up on a tooth where it used to be extreme!

Even if you think Blis is a terrible investment I recommend you start using M18. I take one lozenge a day of the following product. They say take two but I figure one is plenty based on the number of bacteria in each lozenge.
http://www.betterlife.com/product/adults-dental-care-probiotic-lozenges-peppermint/34888

Oh and as I haven't had more than a minor case of sniffles (which go away in less than a day) in at least six years I highly recommend you all start taking K12. I take one lozenge every day. At night. When I go to sleep They (K12 and M18) take several hours to dissolve.
http://www.vitaminlife.com/product-exec/PNAME/Ear-Nose-and-Throat-Shield/product_id/57807

And if you have kids get them to take K12 every day. It will make next winter much more pleasant! You can thank me later...

Skid, you may be interested in this post from December 2012?

As noted I used to have major problems with tartar build up. Especially behind my front bottom teeth. Used to build up very quickly no matter how much I brushed, and even with a scraper it was virtually impossible to get off i.e. it was super hard and stuck like crazy to my teeth. Now a days I might need to use the electric toothbrush on this area once every six months and it comes off real easy. It just doesn't stick anymore.

I brush twice a day. I floss probably once a month? I don't get build up of crap on or between my teeth.

I have a dentist appointment on the 14th December. Depending on feedback I may drop down to two yearly appointments as the last three have been super quick with virtually nothing to do.

If you do some reading about M18 you will find it is far more complex than crowding out undesirable bacteria. One thing it does is stop tartar adhering to teeth. In my case this made gingivits (which I had been warned about in 2010 and 2011) a thing of the past.

I still take one M18 lozenge at night. Same product as linked to in 2012. Same with K12.

ddrone
03-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Popped it's head over 3c this morning.

GR8DAY
03-12-2015, 12:51 PM
,....with a bit of luck and good management I can see it "popping its head" above 9or10c in a year or so. Could well be the best performing stock for 2016...but hey what would I know? (actually what I do know is Ive got 100k sitting on it so I hope Im right!!) As usual DYOR.

Yoda
03-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Looking at july '09 jump... From 4 to 12. .. Wouldn't that be nice. This has been a steady climber since 2012 with the base line trading range slowly increasing. The last few months have been a more consistent climb and less volatile, which is encouraging. GR8day, hope it works out for you. 100k ( i assume not shares) WOW.. !! i see more legs in this than volumes are also much bigger than pre2012
im now breaking even on my previous purchases, and am considering getting a few more now there is a nice trend. Wouldn't want to miss the jump or even a steady rise, the last 2 peaks last year 2014 stabilised a bit before pulling back, so if there is a rise, maybe there will be a bit of warning before a pull back.
all this is pretty obvious and pie in the sky from a novice just my observations. And yes, the medical profession is waking up to probiotics......whatever type they are, so with good marketing, if we can sell water in bottles more expensive than Coke, hopefully we can get this going.

GR8DAY
04-12-2015, 09:04 AM
...cheers Yoda. Yep got a bit riding on this......totally convinced on the merits of BLIS and probiotics generally......and yes Im talking dollars not shares re 100k. Im aware of others on this site with significantly more than that invested in this developing story. Agree the SP is now showing some serious maturity as people acknowledge the trending performance of both company and SP. I believe that solid profits are now within reach and as SIMILA pointed out we are turning over in excess of $100k of product per week.....that's a serious milestone. I can see a doubling of this figure each year for another year or three.......then growth of maybe 50%pa for a few more years before leveling. Who knows where this will go.....the world is our oyster. Underpinning all this is the growing awareness of good and bad bacteria and there function in the human body (as well as their role in producing our soils to grow our crops and animals).....and not forgetting the awareness of the dangers on anti-biotic overuse and abuse which is resulting in the "super-bug" issue. I'm no expert but my "gut-feeling" is this bacteria thing is going to be the "hot-topic" soon in regards the survival of humankind and the planet as we know it. BLIS could well be a leader in this battle as the Oral Cavity is and will always be the "front-line" in our defence against the bad bacteria. Clearly I believe the future is (now)looking very rosy for BLIS. Having said that there will no doubt be hurdles ahead (just had one in fact) but things are coming together very nicely thank-you as word spreads of this truly unique business and product. Exciting times ahead!

simla
04-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Here you go, Gr8day. Is this how you see it? The NZ share market (John) finally notices BLT (Olivia)?

Youtube : You're the one that I want - Grease (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKPYe53h78)

Hey, who knows!

GR8DAY
04-12-2015, 01:17 PM
.......now your showing our age SIMLA! LOL Take your point tho......the market appears to now be warming to the Blis story (nothing like a bit of foreplay) .......whats going to happen when it gets really aroused like John??

simla
04-12-2015, 01:37 PM
.......now your showing our age SIMLA! LOL

Still one of the best films ever.

Certainly it will be interesting to see how supply and demand balance out with BLT shares from here on in.

GR8DAY
04-12-2015, 01:47 PM
........agree on both counts! Starting to look like a healthy graph also for those that follow such things. Personally I only follow the story behind the graph and hopefully what will happen when the new CEO takes over early in the new year (is it?). Wish I had his job.......great position to be in with a great product the whole world needs!

pierre
04-12-2015, 05:01 PM
.......now your showing our age SIMLA! LOL Take your point tho......the market appears to now be warming to the Blis story (nothing like a bit of foreplay) .......whats going to happen when it gets really aroused like John??

The market has definitely been aroused - up 10% as I write! My 4m BLT holding now up 100% and represents 13% of my portfolio. Wont be rebalancing this one though - there's plenty more action to follow over the next few years. Supporting the company through its capital raisings and various trials and tribulations over recent years has paid off.

The path for BLT hasn't always been smooth and there have been plenty of false starts along the way (there may be more yet) but a maiden profit for FY16 is now clearly in sight and the future is looking bright. There have been plenty of negative posters on ST over the years but I suspect some are, or soon will be, eating their words about this company. Doesn't pay to be too quick to condemn a company that is pioneering new technology and new products into new markets. The end goal may be quite clear but the road to success will not generally go in a straight line and inevitably there will be detours and road blocks along the way too. Good lesson perhaps for some of the negative posters on the PEB thread?

Great to read in the half-year report that the BLT team have so many balls in the air - the FY16 result will be very interesting.

simla
04-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Yes, it is all very satisfactory. The potential is really starting to look up. However, there is a difference between potential and actual, and so I remain cautious about the future. I'll feel better if things play out as we hope over the next couple of years. The world remains a volatile place.

simla
06-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Anyone who wants lots of detail on the studies being done in BOP, Porrirua and Kawerau you should check the following document out. It is interesting reading!
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFmIOvsbTJAhUnH6YKHRrABnwQFgggMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anzctr.org.au%2FAnzctrAttachm ents%2F368338-Draft%252028%2520%2520Whakatane%2520School%2520Bli s%2520indexed%2520with%2520updated%2520timetable%2 520and%2520budget%25209%2520April.docx&usg=AFQjCNGV72890pDc57xvm2_yyXxioutm6A&sig2=d0ZYSabGKdFb9VXJDdKkSQ&bvm=bv.108194040,d.dGY
Thanks, Emearg. Interesting reading as you say, although I didn't read all 52 pages of dense information! Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatic_fever) reports that"Rheumatic fever is common worldwide and responsible for many cases of damaged heart valves. As of 2010 globally it resulted in 345,000 deaths, down from 463,000 in 1990", and "Survivors of rheumatic fever often have to take penicillin to prevent streptococcal infection which could possibly lead to another case of rheumatic fever that could prove fatal."

So the Blis trials results are great news for the medical community. Maybe it is of more interest to shareholders than we've been quite realising? The company reports mentioned this research in the 2013, 2014 and 2015 reports. Something to watch with interest anyway.

GR8DAY
06-12-2015, 03:06 PM
LEST WE FORGET! (testimonial taken from BLIS website)

I went to the dentist last week and it was the quickest and least painful dentistry appointment ever! The feedback was my teeth and gums are in excellent condition. This is very different to last year when I had lots of tartar, signs of gingivitis and was told to floss several times daily or I was going to be in big trouble within a few years. So what has changed? Not the flossing as I still only remember to do it once or twice a week. Not the brushing and I still do that twice a day. I'm putting it down to Blis M18 which I started taking 10 months ago. This stuff is amazing!! So easy to take a lozenge at bedtime and I would much rather spend the money on a lozenge than expensive dentistry! Plus I get to keep my teeth for longer as threats of gingivitis are no more! Thanks BLIS M18 :) I can't recommend you strongly enough!!(Posted on 7/12/12 on Product review of BLIS M18)

#1 Fan of Blis M18

Bad Breath

GR8DAY
06-12-2015, 03:07 PM
LEST WE FORGET!

"Recently started taking your BLIS K12 probiotic made by NOW foods, and it has literally changed my life. I suffered from bad breath and tonsil stones for years and it was a MAJOR source of embarassment and insecurity. Since taking your product my bad breath has vanished. Now my only concern is that someday you will stop making this product. Please tell me that you don't have any plans to stop making this."

We also received a follow up email from Peter:

"You may absolutely put my testimony or any part of our correspondence on your website. It would be an honor. Like I said, your product has changed my life. I try to give you guys props anywhere I can, Amazon, Yahoo. I even told my Dr. about it, and plan on telling my dentist on my next visit. I want people who are going through what I did to know that there is a solution. I usually don't get hyped up about products, but Blis K12 is not hype. It works, plain and simple. Anything I can do to help you and spread the word, I will."

Peter Boyle

Oral Thrush

GR8DAY
06-12-2015, 03:10 PM
.....YET MORE TO REMEMBER!! (extracts fro BLIS website)

"I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer just over 3 years ago now. As a result, I received 2 months of daily radiotherapy treatment to my neck which had significant damaging effects on my throat and voice. I went through a period of many many months (Maybe about 9 months) of suffering from extensive continual oral thrush. I was given somewhere like 10-15 prescriptions from my GP and also ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) Consultant, but it continued. It had a massive negative effect on my life, as I struggled to breath properly or talk without straining.

My ENT consultant suggested to me that he was unable to prescribe Blis Oral Probiotic through, but from what he believed that it would only benefit me and he suggested I get hold of them and start a course. I bought my first batch of lozenges, and since then having been taking a few each and every day.

Since then, thankfully I have never had another throat infection and my voice has almost returned to normal. This has dramatically improved my quality of life, and I am extremely thankful for that!"

J Walker, United Kingdom

Strep Throat

simla
06-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes, we know it's great product. Sales revenue depends on how many other people know that though.

I've been reading a book by the ecostore guy. He's a clever guy. He says the difficulty of selling things is that the world is awash with information and people just don't have the time to take it all in.

BLT needs the revenue to keep growing, and that's pretty well always a compound growth curve. Yes, a compound curve can be great at the end, but it takes time to reach that point. The most that the company can do is try to tilt the curve in its favour, but they can't really change the essential nature of compound growth. Publicity is always the key, of course, and maybe these trial results start to add up on that front. We're definitely seeing progress along that curve though.

pierre
06-12-2015, 06:12 PM
I think it's great that BLT is on a roll on many fronts - ingredient sales in numerous countries, finished product sales in NZ and others and product trials that could prove to be game changers for the business.

But the biggest, as yet untapped, opportunity is China. The half-year report said they are still waiting for regulatory approval in that market. When it comes and their distributor Sinopharm, gets going is when we'll really see BLT take off. Hopefully that day won't be too far away - maybe by the end of next year?

The new CEO is a lucky man. He will be able to report the outcome of all the initiatives currently underway and claim all the credit for the successes.

I'm picking a modest maiden profit for 31 March 2016 with guidance for a much better result for the following year. SP at 5 cents or better at 31 March 2017?

emearg
06-12-2015, 06:49 PM
LEST WE FORGET! (testimonial taken from BLIS website)

I went to the dentist last week and it was the quickest and least painful dentistry appointment ever! The feedback was my teeth and gums are in excellent condition. This is very different to last year when I had lots of tartar, signs of gingivitis and was told to floss several times daily or I was going to be in big trouble within a few years. So what has changed? Not the flossing as I still only remember to do it once or twice a week. Not the brushing and I still do that twice a day. I'm putting it down to Blis M18 which I started taking 10 months ago. This stuff is amazing!! So easy to take a lozenge at bedtime and I would much rather spend the money on a lozenge than expensive dentistry! Plus I get to keep my teeth for longer as threats of gingivitis are no more! Thanks BLIS M18 :) I can't recommend you strongly enough!!(Posted on 7/12/12 on Product review of BLIS M18)

#1 Fan of Blis M18

Bad Breath

For anyone not keeping up this review was from me. I decided to write to them to let them know and they posted it on their site. I'm not sure if they had the testimonial section on the site at that point in time? After my dentist appointment next week I may send them an update and see if that gets posted. I note a few other customers have done this.

FYI I'm not the only one happy with M18(or K12). And there are plenty of companies making products with Blis probiotics in them that are doing a good job marketing them with good customer feedback. Here is a link to one K12/M18 product with 700+ reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/PRO-Dental-Probiotics-Probiotic-Including-salivarius/dp/B00ONB9JIG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449380433&sr=8-2&keywords=blis+k12+probiotic

The future is looking bright for Blis, but this is a long game. I'm not getting caught up in the rush of excitement on the exchange, but it is pleasing to see a shift in sentiment. Volumes traded are huge in comparison with past years. Interesting times ahead. Who knows...madness may sweep BLT like it did PEB? Either way I will be continuing to hold and observe from the sidelines.

GR8DAY
07-12-2015, 06:36 AM
....totally agree EMEARG nd thanx for allowing me to share your testimonial!!.......just one of many on the website. My point in putting them up was to remind us all that we musnt loose site of the PRODUCT and esp the bio-technology behind it......and just how good it really is. I too acknowledge the road ahead and hope we dont see another boom nd bust situation like PEB but a continuance of the steady improvement in sentiment AND results. I believe that is what is starting to happen now.......after many many years of knock backs. Feeling positive for 2016.

GR8DAY
07-12-2015, 10:10 AM
......POSITIVE ENDORSEMENT THIS MORNING FROM ONE OF OUR DIRECTORS. Average buy in price just over the 3c mark......cant be a bad thing for what lies ahead.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/226358.pdf

RGR367
07-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I used K12 for the first time sometime this winter as a preventive measure and it worked for me! So to have that impression of mine permanently connect on the product and /or the company, and after reading what you guys shared on this thread, I bought my very first bundle of BLT this afternoon. I'm allotting 3 years to find out whether this will become a profitable punt. GL to us all:)

Sgt Pepper
07-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I used K12 for the first time sometime this winter as a preventive measure and it worked for me! So to have that impression of mine permanently connect on the product and /or the company, and after reading what you guys shared on this thread, I bought my very first bundle of BLT this afternoon. I'm allotting 3 years to find out whether this will become a profitable punt. GL to us all:)

I have just entered BLT as part of the 2016 stock picking contest. Have held Blis shares for several years

RGR367
10-12-2015, 10:36 AM
I have just entered BLT as part of the 2016 stock picking contest. Have held Blis shares for several years

Yeah a sure bet of mine too for our 2016 stock picking run together with those other stocks that I can only wish would start really moving soon too. But as SIMLA would say, "who knows**".

** that's for acknowledging your contribution to this thread as I do a virtual Tai-Chi vow to you now as a sign of respecting your undying faith to what BLT were doing. May your Whanau and/or Iwi grow in numbers.

simla
10-12-2015, 11:54 AM
I do a virtual Tai-Chi vow to you now as a sign of respecting your undying faith to what BLT were doing.

Well, thank you! Yes, I certainly took some flack 3 or 4 years ago (and later) for thinking the company would carry on despite the setbacks then.

But the things about BLT that I like to follow myself are this: (a) potential: good products; good management; supportive shareholders and board. (b) forward projections: very important since everything BLT does pays off a few years later and is usually signalled in advance somewhere in the reports if you look; and (c) current situation.

Well, the potential has largely remained intact for some years, in my view. The forward plans were always present even in the setbacks of 2011/12 and are still there today. And the current situation I worry about less, although obviously I will be delighted when good cash flow arrives.

So setbacks of 2011/12 were less worrying to me than others, apparently. Running out of cash was the biggest issue, but I thought it extremely likely the shareholders would stand by the company, which they did. Not knowing what to do was the other problem, but the company had good management and a steady board (although it must nevertheless have been a mountain of work in reality). Meanwhile, the forward plans were still there and are now visible in results.

And, actually, if you filter out the US sales from the last several years (since 2011/12/13 affected that particularly) they actually have been fairly steady in growth throughout.

But, as you say, who knows! The past flows into the past, and the future is an unwritten book. I remain cautiously optimistic, but I'll wait and see. (All just my personal opinion, of course.)

Ah, but as for the stock picking contest ... there isn't much correlation in NZ for small stocks between performance and share price that I've noticed. Anything is possible.

emearg
14-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Skid, you may be interested in this post from December 2012?

As noted I used to have major problems with tartar build up. Especially behind my front bottom teeth. Used to build up very quickly no matter how much I brushed, and even with a scraper it was virtually impossible to get off i.e. it was super hard and stuck like crazy to my teeth. Now a days I might need to use the electric toothbrush on this area once every six months and it comes off real easy. It just doesn't stick anymore.

I brush twice a day. I floss probably once a month? I don't get build up of crap on or between my teeth.

I have a dentist appointment on the 14th December. Depending on feedback I may drop down to two yearly appointments as the last three have been super quick with virtually nothing to do.

If you do some reading about M18 you will find it is far more complex than crowding out undesirable bacteria. One thing it does is stop tartar adhering to teeth. In my case this made gingivits (which I had been warned about in 2010 and 2011) a thing of the past.

I still take one M18 lozenge at night. Same product as linked to in 2012. Same with K12.

My dentist appointment went well. Feedback was really good. When I suggested the possibility of reducing frequency of appointments to every two years there were no objections. We will reassess in December 2017. So check back in two years peeps.

I was chatting to my dentist about Blis M18 and he was recalling Prof Tagg from his Otago days. Used to tell a good story from the sounds of it. That isn't hard to imagine having seem him in a video or two.

Rock on Blis M18 I say...

skid
15-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes, we know it's great product. Sales revenue depends on how many other people know that though.

I've been reading a book by the ecostore guy. He's a clever guy. He says the difficulty of selling things is that the world is awash with information and people just don't have the time to take it all in.

BLT needs the revenue to keep growing, and that's pretty well always a compound growth curve. Yes, a compound curve can be great at the end, but it takes time to reach that point. The most that the company can do is try to tilt the curve in its favour, but they can't really change the essential nature of compound growth. Publicity is always the key, of course, and maybe these trial results start to add up on that front. We're definitely seeing progress along that curve though.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head Simla--We get interested in a company(not just BLT) and we learn all about it ,we read and talk about it here,and in many ways we operate in a sort of share trader bubble. The more we read and talk the more familiar the product becomes and it gets to a point where we just cant imagine why all those people out there dont stampede to the nearest shop and buy it(after all ,it is a good product,and there are so many good reason to use it-and thats true. But the big wide world out there are not in this bubble ,and as you say,there is information everywhere,so it takes time,sometimes lots of it,until it slowly becomes know to enough people or some cataylist happens ,like a 60 min report or something similar.(maybe China has their own version)or something that gets the info (and motivation)to enough people--Thats why companies spend billions on advertising,but obviously you cant blow the budget on ads so its a balancing act--yes, getting the info to the masses in China would be an obvious benefit -they are pretty health conscious--In the west we battle the ''take a pill and fix it ''psychology thats been drummed into our head -instant gratification--hopefully that will slowly change(or the change that has happened will gather momentum.
There are many things that when added up,help to get the ball slowly moving,but those ''game changers'' are not as common as we would hope so sometimes patience is required--(not that I have to tell you that simla)

Disc-not holding but would certainly buy the product.

blissfool
16-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Merry Blismas to you all

2015 was a very good year for Blis, but 2016 will be I believe even better perhaps the tipping point to years of improved health for many people and profitable sales growth. 31/03/16 will see our first year of profit, on the back of 100% growth in sales with europe and North America leading the way, I'm picking Blis breaks thru the $6 Million dollar sales barrier. I am also picking that the board was over cautiuos with their $350K provision to fix the "dodgy european batch" and that some of that money will flow back into the P&L.
The relationships they have developed with Bluestone Pharma, Stratum Nutrition and NZPR in China will continue to gain momentumn in sales and provide Blis with more store front opportunities. It will be interesting to see their sales growth forecasts for the next fininacal year.
One of the biggest frustrations with this sector is the never ending tests and trials that companies have to complete if the want to sell their product in different countries/markets. Surely the world health organisation could have one global standard this would save companies like Blis alot of time & expense getting their product to market. 2016 should see a couple of Trials that will hopefully get alot of publicity and in turn generate sales. The first one is the NZ based study done with several partners including "cure Kids" that centres around Rheumatic fever, but the big one is the Sinopham trial in China as this has a direct link to about 1200 outlets. I am expecting big things from these as Blis has alway Blitzed these sorts of tests.
One thing I would like to see Blis tidy up is their accuarcy as along term share holder I am dissappointed with the annual banana skins we slip on that cost us money, Like $30000 for commenting to the media, $350000 because of a dodgy batch going out. Every year there will be a calamity in your bussiness, this year Blis had a flood these sort of events always add some unforecasted cost to your P&L and are tough enough to deal with, without us creating our own costly disasters that impact on shareholders funds.
To Barry Richardson, thank you for your guidance, patience, dilligence and conviction over the last decade, you have moved a company from the potential category on to the path of achieving its first profit and bring a great product to many different markets that will benefit alot of people. All the best for the future.

To the incoming CEO, Merry Xmas, happy new year, no pressure but we are expecting big things in the next few years.

Sgt Pepper
16-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Merry Blismas to you all

2015 was a very good year for Blis, but 2016 will be I believe even better perhaps the tipping point to years of improved health for many people and profitable sales growth. 31/03/16 will see our first year of profit, on the back of 100% growth in sales with europe and North America leading the way, I'm picking Blis breaks thru the $6 Million dollar sales barrier. I am also picking that the board was over cautiuos with their $350K provision to fix the "dodgy european batch" and that some of that money will flow back into the P&L.
The relationships they have developed with Bluestone Pharma, Stratum Nutrition and NZPR in China will continue to gain momentumn in sales and provide Blis with more store front opportunities. It will be interesting to see their sales growth forecasts for the next fininacal year.
One of the biggest frustrations with this sector is the never ending tests and trials that companies have to complete if the want to sell their product in different countries/markets. Surely the world health organisation could have one global standard this would save companies like Blis alot of time & expense getting their product to market. 2016 should see a couple of Trials that will hopefully get alot of publicity and in turn generate sales. The first one is the NZ based study done with several partners including "cure Kids" that centres around Rheumatic fever, but the big one is the Sinopham trial in China as this has a direct link to about 1200 outlets. I am expecting big things from these as Blis has alway Blitzed these sorts of tests.
One thing I would like to see Blis tidy up is their accuarcy as along term share holder I am dissappointed with the annual banana skins we slip on that cost us money, Like $30000 for commenting to the media, $350000 because of a dodgy batch going out. Every year there will be a calamity in your bussiness, this year Blis had a flood these sort of events always add some unforecasted cost to your P&L and are tough enough to deal with, without us creating our own costly disasters that impact on shareholders funds.
To Barry Richardson, thank you for your guidance, patience, dilligence and conviction over the last decade, you have moved a company from the potential category on to the path of achieving its first profit and bring a great product to many different markets that will benefit alot of people. All the best for the future.

To the incoming CEO, Merry Xmas, happy new year, no pressure but we are expecting big things in the next few years.

I agree with your sentiments and observations. I have held BLIS shares for years and am:) optimistic that my faith and patience are finally about to bear fruit. Merry Christmas fellow BLIS shareholder

artemis
27-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Came across some interesting information about the link between psoriasis, sore throats and tonsillectomies. Seems the link between psoriasis and tonsils has been known for decades (people get better once the tonsils are out), and also that psoriasis sufferers have an above average vulnerability to sore throats. Thinking is that 'bad' oral bacteria may be involved.

A course or 2 of Blis would be a cheap way to find out. Cheaper and a lot nicer than a tonsillectomy anyway.

Yoda
30-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Merry Blismas to you all

Agree.
I think the website could be revamped. It is a poor front door and the videos need to be re done IMHO. Comp TIL or even PEB . The videos have good info, but its time to up the anti... Better spending 30k on that rather than media fines.
Mind you since i have been on their website a few times, their ads keep popping up everywhere,
I cant believe this was $1.00. 15 yrs ago just imagine that again. Is that a 30 bagger? :t_up:

skid
30-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Agree.
I think the website could be revamped. It is a poor front door and the videos need to be re done IMHO. Comp TIL or even PEB . The videos have good info, but its time to up the anti... Better spending 30k on that rather than media fines.
Mind you since i have been on their website a few times, their ads keep popping up everywhere,
I cant believe this was $1.00. 15 yrs ago just imagine that again. Is that a 30 bagger? :t_up:

Didnt realize it was ever that high--I do remember .12 + Not a great argument for buy and hold---That website has been a bone of contention for a long while now---They have sorted some other things--might be a good time to sort that as well.

pierre
30-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Didnt realize it was ever that high--I do remember .12 + Not a great argument for buy and hold---That website has been a bone of contention for a long while now---They have sorted some other things--might be a good time to sort that as well.

I remember 19cents - that's when I first bought BLT - I've since averaged down to 1.6 (bought several million of them at 0.7c). I'm a pretty happy holder at the moment but will be deliriously happy if they ever get back to $1.00. That would make it a 60 bagger for me!

I agree about the web site - the design is pretty agricultural. Perhaps addressing that issue that could be the first task for the new CEO. Maybe at the same time as getting the approvals in China finalised so we can see the sales zoom in 2017. Once China takes off (as it inevitably will) we will see the SP heading much further north - even 10cents is pretty appealing.

artemis
30-12-2015, 06:05 PM
I am not familiar with the Blis website or what proportion of sales go through there. But if you go to Amazon you will see Blis in a whole bunch of American branded products.

pak
30-12-2015, 07:06 PM
There must have been some major share dilution over that time. Can't see it getting anywhere near $1 although happy if it did. I'm I small holder and will be happy to see it in the 5-6 cent range in the near term, which I think is a real possibility next year. Agree 2017 could be the big year. Charts are pointing in the right direction!

pierre
30-12-2015, 08:13 PM
You're right about the dilution - now 1.1 billion shares issued so SP of $1.00 an extremely remote and highly unlikely possibility - unless there's a share consolidation st some point, but that's probably way in the distance too.

Yoda
30-12-2015, 09:17 PM

Im just going off the MAX time from yahoo finance
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=BLT.NZ&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&p=m50%2Cm200%2Cm100%2Cm20&a=m26-12-9&c=
Dilution is a good point;)

emearg
07-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Another possible use for Blis K12 is 'Streptococcus salivarius K12 Limits Group B Streptococcus Vaginal Colonization':
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26077762

Crikey...where will this end?

Blis M18 study results:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4598214/

pierre
13-01-2016, 10:49 AM
There seems to be a bit of relatively heavy traffic on the sell side of BLT (7m shares for sale at 2.9-3.0) compared with the last month or so at 3.0-3.4 with much lower volumes.

Any thoughts on why?

GR8DAY
13-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Hi Pierre.......yes noticed this also. The only valid explanantion (given current growth /profit forecasts) is an attempt to force the SP down to enable further purchasing. (dont be fooled folks) To suddenly try and off load over 4m at this price by one holder just makes no sense at all......given there were 4m wanted just the other day in the 3.3/3.4c range. Surely if someone needed to exit with that number they wud have off loaded then.......or at the very least they wud have drip-fed that number onto the market at a higher price? As I say, it makes no sense other than manipulation. Blis still represents one of the best growth opportunities on the NZX (IMHO) and I will be amazed if the SP is still sub-6c in a year or so.

ddrone
13-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Buy side looks awful, seems it will fall regardless. Not to say 6c isn't a reality in 6-12 months but I'd prefer to get in around 2.5c than pay an extra 15% or so.

Yoda
18-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Buy side looks awful, seems it will fall regardless. Not to say 6c isn't a reality in 6-12 months but I'd prefer to get in around 2.5c than pay an extra 15% or so.
With the US world talking about a correction, and almost everything looking bearish, everything will go down. Not just BLT. THIS WILL BE WORST HIT AS IT IS A SMALL COMPANY..(oops caps )
we could see .25 no prob,
when the correction is over, its time to buy. this will fall through the 120 MA IMHO but will pop up again after the US gets over it's wobblies.

simla
19-01-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure we can guess much yet. For overseas markets to fall - and that's not a given - the PEs have to fall. But the NZX doesn't seem to have overdone PEs in most cases, and is often underpinned by dividends, so no knowing how things would go here over time maybe? And yes BLT may get hit, being small. But then again a bit of good news could show it to be the sort of company with a good low-cost-product cash flow which people look for in uncertain times ie. even turn out to be counter-cyclical. Also, BLT seems to have picked up some new shareholders lately judging by trading volumes, but most shareholders have proved reluctant sellers in the past. Even the larger share trades going through nowadays are still peanuts compared to total shares issued.

I remain firmly in the "don't know what happens next" camp. Is the world really panicking, or just stumbling? Will NZ turn out to be a bit different or is the world truly global now? Will BLT produce some news in a bit? Are BLT shareholders the nervous type? Way too hard for me to call anyway.

I presume BLT will issue some sort of update over the next couple of months, but no obligation until May obviously.

GR8DAY
19-01-2016, 09:49 AM
...hi Simla and Yoda. Then there's those of us in the camp who will be excited about this pull-back in the SP........which is clearly nothing to do with the fundamentals of the company but just "nervous-nellies" (of which I once was), doing the sheepie thing. Im personally excited by the prospects of being able to pick up another million or two of these gems at maybe give-away prices.........bring it on I say as Im bulging with cash ready to pounce at the right moment!! Plus of course all this financial stressing around the globe will be manifesting itself in strep-throats and colds etc so millions will be "REACHING FOR THE BLIS"...... with a bit of luck!! lol

simla
19-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Yes, I'm probably overly influenced by my take on the world situation. My own take on that is that the super-rich have now so squeezed the well dry that heaps of people simply can't afford to go shopping any more (or take on more debt) with the result that business income around the world is now slowly going backwards, with all that that implies.

But there must be a fair chance that Blis is one product that people will not want to cut back on even if so, and indeed that new customers will outweigh any such effect. I'll be very interested in the news over this year. The wind was certainly blowing in the right direction last we heard.

pierre
19-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't think we need have any fears about progress with BLT. All the news has been positive over recent months and I'm sure the forecast they've give us is suitably conservative.

We have a new CEO starting soon but he has a good handover period with Barry so all should go smoothly in that department.

Then we have the China market yet to fire. BLT doesn't need a very big market to develop for the results to be exceedingly positive for the company.

I'm well positioned with my quite large holding at an average cost of 1.6. Happy to wait patiently for the good news to arrive.

The current fluctuations in SP mean nothing but are a good opportunity for astute investors to purchase.

Leftfield
28-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Good news today…. another step

GENERAL: BLT: Blis Technologies Gets Key 'Letter of No Objection' From US

Announcement
January 28, 2016

Blis Technologies Gets Key 'Letter of No Objection' From US Food and Drug
Administration for Ingredient BLIS K12

Blis Technologies Limited announces that one of the company's key products,
the ingredient BLIS K12, has had the issuance of a US Food and Drug
Administration 'Letter of No Objection'.

The Letter of No Objection, more commonly known as GRAS or 'Generally
Recognized As Safe', is another step on the strategic pathway to open markets
through regulatory approval.

It adds a new level of credibility for BLIS K12 and has the potential to put
the conversations with larger consumer food and beverage companies in the US
on a stronger footing.

Many of those companies are, quite rightly, risk averse and therefore having
GRAS status offers an additional level of confidence. GRAS status makes it
clearer where BLIS K12 fits within the category.

Through the GRAS program, companies may submit their determination supported
by research and expert review that a specific ingredient is Generally
Recognized As Safe. The Letter of No Objection means that the FDA has
reviewed the data and has no questions regarding the notice submitted.

Peter Fennessy
Chairman

jonu
28-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Good news today…. another step

GENERAL: BLT: Blis Technologies Gets Key 'Letter of No Objection' From US

Announcement
January 28, 2016

Blis Technologies Gets Key 'Letter of No Objection' From US Food and Drug
Administration for Ingredient BLIS K12

Blis Technologies Limited announces that one of the company's key products,
the ingredient BLIS K12, has had the issuance of a US Food and Drug
Administration 'Letter of No Objection'.

The Letter of No Objection, more commonly known as GRAS or 'Generally
Recognized As Safe', is another step on the strategic pathway to open markets
through regulatory approval.

It adds a new level of credibility for BLIS K12 and has the potential to put
the conversations with larger consumer food and beverage companies in the US
on a stronger footing.

Many of those companies are, quite rightly, risk averse and therefore having
GRAS status offers an additional level of confidence. GRAS status makes it
clearer where BLIS K12 fits within the category.

Through the GRAS program, companies may submit their determination supported
by research and expert review that a specific ingredient is Generally
Recognized As Safe. The Letter of No Objection means that the FDA has
reviewed the data and has no questions regarding the notice submitted.

Peter Fennessy
Chairman

I like your understatement Left Field. More like a giant leap! I'm back in at 2.9

GR8DAY
28-01-2016, 03:14 PM
....make that HUGE leap please!! World domination just around the corner guys. Sounds like the USofA may now be our oyster with GRAS certification just a formality? Great work directors.......congratulations. Yet another MAJOR milestone for BLIS.

jonu
28-01-2016, 03:16 PM
....make that HUGE leap please!! World domination just around the corner guys. Sounds like the USofA may now be our oyster with GRAS certification just a formality? Great work directors.......congratulations. Yet another MAJOR milestone for BLIS.

This is GRAS according to the release!

GR8DAY
28-01-2016, 03:22 PM
........just re-read press release and indeed you may well be correct JONU......better still!

fungus pudding
28-01-2016, 04:42 PM
........just re-read press release and indeed you may well be correct JONU......better still!

Might as well rub it in every few years .....

http://blis.co.nz/blis-product-safety

simla
28-01-2016, 04:50 PM
FP, the earlier 2011 GRAS is self-declared, based on independent evidence, and is fully legal. This latter is FDA examined, a "higher level", and is probably required by any big firm before making any commitment.

This could start big developments, as they have said that functional food is the big market. But , alas, we will have to wait and see, as usual. Can't be bad, anyway. Good news still rolling in.

fungus pudding
28-01-2016, 05:04 PM
FP, the earlier 2011 GRAS is self-declared, based on independent evidence, and is fully legal. This latter is FDA examined, a "higher level", and is probably required by any big firm before making any commitment.

This could start big developments, as they have said that functional food is the big market. But , alas, we will have to wait and see, as usual. Can't be bad, anyway. Good news still rolling in.

So it takes 4 years for the FDA to approve something they have previously approved. Fascinating.

jonu
28-01-2016, 05:12 PM
So it takes 4 years for the FDA to approve something they have previously approved. Fascinating.

That's not BLT's fault FP. The FDA formally acknowledging their GRAS status is big news for BLT.

By the way that Fungus isn't a probiotic that got away on you is it? Best you check it for GRAS status so that you can sleep at night:p

fungus pudding
28-01-2016, 05:18 PM
That's not BLT's fault FP. The FDA formally acknowledging their GRAS status is big news for BLT.

From their previous announcement.

"Until July 2011 the Company’s BLIS K12™ probiotic has only been able to be sold as a dietary supplement but now after receiving GRAS status, the company will dramatically expand market opportunities for the company and enable the BLIS K12 ™ probiotic to be marketed and sold to all food manufacturers in the United States."

That looks pretty official to the average bear - as Yogi would have said.

emearg
28-01-2016, 05:46 PM
From their previous announcement.

"Until July 2011 the Company’s BLIS K12™ probiotic has only been able to be sold as a dietary supplement but now after receiving GRAS status, the company will dramatically expand market opportunities for the company and enable the BLIS K12 ™ probiotic to be marketed and sold to all food manufacturers in the United States."

That looks pretty official to the average bear - as Yogi would have said.

Yes fair call FP. Perhaps the blurb you linked to is just marketing? The truth is usually not that important from the marketing departments perspective...naughty? Yes, but?

Previously they had self affirmed GRAS status but they couldn't claim GRAS status (even though they have in their blurb above), or at least that is how I understand it.

Anywho, until K12 turned up on their list of GRAS notices with a FDA letter status of 'no questions' they couldn't formally claim GRAS status and haven't been through Stratum or any other partner I have investigated over the past few years.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/fdcc/?set=GRASNotices&id=591

It will now be interesting to see if Stratum, in the fullness of time, update their info to include GRAS approval:
http://www.stratumnutrition.com/ingredients/blis-k12/

Personally I see this as a really really big tick, and will be incredibly important globally to push the safety profile of K12. China comes to mind. Nestle comes to mind. And yes food manufacturers in general comes to mind.

Hard to believe how long all this stuff takes aye?!!

fungus pudding
28-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Yes fair call FP. Perhaps the blurb you linked to is just marketing? The truth is usually not that important from the marketing departments perspective...naughty? Yes, but?

Previously they had self affirmed GRAS status but they couldn't claim GRAS status (even though they have in their blurb above), or at least that is how I understand it.

In spite of what you say the truth is vital in marketing - particularly with food safety and health products. Puffery is fine - direct claims must be verifiable. There is something vastly wrong with either the 2011 announcement, or this latest undated one. Date shown is only press release date.

jonu
28-01-2016, 06:11 PM
In spite of what you say the truth is vital in marketing - particularly with food safety and health products. Puffery is fine - direct claims must be verifiable. There is something vastly wrong with either the 2011 announcement, or this latest undated one. Date shown is only press release date.

I think the difference you are missing is that the FDA has the ability to contest GRAS status and they are not going to.

GR8DAY
28-01-2016, 07:01 PM
........well summarized JONU and that's what I would read into this also.......and that makes this a BIGGY for BLIS.......no question.

fiasco
29-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Firstly, thank you to all the contributors in this thread, it's quite a journey some of you have been on since the initial start of this thread.

After selecting this as one of my 2016 picks, I have conducted some research and am astonished at the amount of potential growth this company foresees in the future (1-5 years). I jumped on board yesterday at .029, was hoping to pick them up for less but the SP hasn't moved much since last year.

Will now just pretend this stock doesn't exist in my portfolio and just leave it and have faith this organisation is set to deliver as they have over the last few years.

fungus pudding
29-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Will now just pretend this stock doesn't exist in my portfolio and just leave it and have faith this organisation is set to deliver as they have over the last few years.

Surely you don't really mean that!

Nigel
29-01-2016, 10:25 AM
I jumped on board yesterday at .029, was hoping to pick them up for less but the SP hasn't moved much since last year.

Welcome aboard :)

The company has made some great progress in recent years, and yesterday's announcement was very encouraging.

What's not quite so encouraging is one or two big sellers taking the opportunity to sell in to this good news. While the buy side is made up of multiple smaller parties, there are very large (600k-1mil+) parcels being put up for sale by individual shareholders. The skeptic in me always wants to know who is selling and why, and what they know that I don't.

Not sure whether to buy now or wait for a retreat to mid 2s. I'd be happier with a $30m market cap if we were making a decent profit!

jonu
02-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard :)

The company has made some great progress in recent years, and yesterday's announcement was very encouraging.

What's not quite so encouraging is one or two big sellers taking the opportunity to sell in to this good news. While the buy side is made up of multiple smaller parties, there are very large (600k-1mil+) parcels being put up for sale by individual shareholders. The skeptic in me always wants to know who is selling and why, and what they know that I don't.

Not sure whether to buy now or wait for a retreat to mid 2s. I'd be happier with a $30m market cap if we were making a decent profit!

The selling at 2.9 has been frustrating, but that could be just one or two investors looking to cash up due to world wide jitters...who knows? I'd be highly surprised by a retreat to the mid 2's. This GRAS news is massive for them, I would say it removes the last major hurdle as far as regulation goes.

jonu
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
And once again the market, oh wise and all knowing market, makes me a contrarian. BLT announces something that took years to achieve and is the holy grail of ingredient producers (GRAS unchallenged by the FDA) and what does the market do? Sweet diddly. You have to wonder sometimes. Yet before Christmas BLT announce they hope to do this and hope to do that and the market responds strongly.

I sometimes think the market is addicted to speculation rather than solid results. (Finds brick wall to continue banging head upon)

skid
02-02-2016, 05:29 PM
And once again the market, oh wise and all knowing market, makes me a contrarian. BLT announces something that took years to achieve and is the holy grail of ingredient producers (GRAS unchallenged by the FDA) and what does the market do? Sweet diddly. You have to wonder sometimes. Yet before Christmas BLT announce they hope to do this and hope to do that and the market responds strongly.

I sometimes think the market is addicted to speculation rather than solid results. (Finds brick wall to continue banging head upon)

Maybe you should invest in a brick company instead:)

RGR367
02-02-2016, 06:55 PM

Gives the late comers a bit more reason to buy on the lower end, don't you think? But worry not, it will appreciate when it is higher :D

disc: still getting my fill at the lower end but almost getting now to the max amount on what I can speculate on it

GR8DAY
02-02-2016, 08:37 PM
........yep dont sweat Jonu, Ive seen this reaction many many times and like you I think to myself this just doesnt add up then out of nowhere ......WHAMOO!!......Mr Market plays catch up and pass like there's no-tomorrow and we're all left thinking "bugger" shouldve bought more when I had the chance. This WILL happen......go ahead mark my words.

jonu
03-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Gives the late comers a bit more reason to buy on the lower end, don't you think? But worry not, it will appreciate when it is higher :D

disc: still getting my fill at the lower end but almost getting now to the max amount on what I can speculate on it

Or I will appreciate it when it is higher!

Golfer01
04-02-2016, 10:12 AM
First time contributor (I hope).. I've been a long, long time holder of this stock (+15 years) when Howard Paterson was involved and listed on the secondary board. I'm too embarrassed to tell what my average cost is but several years ago resigned myself to telling myself that i'll used the proceeds (if any) for my kids university education. Well their university studies are now only a few years away and I'm beginning to think that they might have to get that student load after all..... But being the "punter" I am I have decided to obtain some more (vowed that i never would) on the basis of their latest release around being granted GRAS. As eluded to in previous posts, this is a big step towards acceptance in the US and hopefully sales.. What I find frustrating is that they make 2-3 exciting statements during a year but very little eventuates as a result of that particular "exciting" news.. Thus the stock just keeps drifting... I now hope that they can get involved with a big US company who are prepared to distribute the products and provide expansive marketing and promotional activities (lacking with BLT due to financial constraints) in order to ramp up sales.. Alternatively I can start going to church on Sundays...

GR8DAY
04-02-2016, 10:40 AM
........welcome aboard GOLFER and some good points you raise. However what I would really like you to do is divulge the price(s) you paid for BLT in the past.........if only to demonstrate how ridiculously cheap the shares are at present given the recent bout of positive announcements etc!! For a growth co. with global prospects and a unique product..........hmmmmm, one day soon maybe Mr Market will wake up and acknowledge the potential for growth here. God may just be able to help .........after all He's apparantly turned the tide on one other occasion. Time will tell.

winner69
04-02-2016, 11:04 AM
golfer01 said - What I find frustrating is that they make 2-3 exciting statements during a year but very little eventuates as a result of that particular "exciting" news.. Thus the stock just keeps drifting..

But isn't this their modus operandi

I doubt whether it will ever change

If they've keep punters interested that long you will be posting the same comment in another 15 years time

Golfer01
04-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Thanks. O.K. my average cost is $0.30 per share:scared:. I recall the share trading for over $1.00. Do I need to elaborate?? I'm confident the growth is huge (otherwise I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now) they just need to get exposure byway of marketing, promotion and goodwill (results) by consumers who use the products..
I'm certainly no expert but I do feel the current market sentiment is not helping to notice this stock. There's bigger "fish" to worry about...

skid
04-02-2016, 11:42 AM
I would have thought the China market would be the one to look at---The States is a tough nut to crack indeed with a multitude of competitors for everything.
I remember some years back looking for the product in Canada--the enormity of stuff to look through was astounding(turned out it wasnt there yet but there were plenty of other similar products)ands the general public is not great at telling the difference between this and other probiotic products.

There is mass migration to the cities in China and a middle class rising at an astronomical rate...and they are relatively health conscious as well.
Anything good ever said about Blisses products should be translated into Chinese and immediately put out there--also, Someone in china to liaise with and promote the product would be invaluable.
Ive always been big on establishing a partner for the countries that represent a huge market and this is no exception.

skid
04-02-2016, 11:48 AM
I would have thought the China market would be the one to look at---The States is a tough nut to crack indeed with a multitude of competitors for everything.
I remember some years back looking for the product in Canada--the enormity of stuff to look through was astounding(turned out it wasnt there yet but there were plenty of other similar products)ands the general public is not great at telling the difference between this and other probiotic products.

There is mass migration to the cities in China and a middle class rising at an astronomical rate...and they are relatively health conscious as well.
Anything good ever said about Blisses products should be translated into Chinese and immediately put out there--also, Someone in china to liaise with and promote the product would be invaluable.
Ive always been big on establishing a partner for the countries that represent a huge market and this is no exception.

You want to see a rocket put under the SP for BLT?---What you need is to wake up one morning and read ''Bliss announces an alliance with xxx in China for the marketing and distribution of its products.XXX is a well know company in China and has a well known stable of quality items on the market.
This alliance fast tracks many of the hurdles otherwise encountered by new products entering the market.

pierre
04-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks. O.K. my average cost is $0.30 per share:scared:. I recall the share trading for over $1.00. Do I need to elaborate?? I'm confident the growth is huge (otherwise I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now) they just need to get exposure byway of marketing, promotion and goodwill (results) by consumers who use the products..
I'm certainly no expert but I do feel the current market sentiment is not helping to notice this stock. There's bigger "fish" to worry about...

Hi Golfer.
You're probably not alone sitting on a high cost investment in BLT. It's been a rocky road for many investors in this company.
It does seem though that better times are coming and likely that this year's result might be at least breakeven or hopefully, even better.
The GRAS outcome will be a positive for next year and as Skid alluded to, once approvals in China are achieved there could we'll be a rocket under the SP.
Will it get to 30 cents? That feels like a long way off to me, though it would be fantastic if it did.
If the 2016 result meets expectations and the guidance for 2017 continues to be positive, we can expect the company to be re-rated by the market and possibly see the SP reach 5 or 6 cents over the next year or two. You'll probably be well rewarded from any current investment but I don't like your chances of recouping losses on your 30
cent shares - unless you're prepared to average down by buying 10x the volume of your holding.
Good luck
Pierre

Yoda
07-02-2016, 02:46 PM
We are along way from the lows of Sept 2012.... 0.009c. Thats like 200%in 3 yrs . Come on, own up if thats you :) you would had to have been brave to buy that low. All this up n down is not good for the gastric acid. Do they sell something for that? Ill stick to the death cross rule . Down .001 but only on $7000. See whet happens this week.

Leon
27-02-2016, 02:53 PM
It must be nearing time for a fresh injection of capital to advance the progress of the company even though we are nearing profitability!!:)

gmatt
28-02-2016, 08:10 AM
I'd happily buy more!!! ...... new CEO should now be in his office ..... Blis popups seem to be more numerous and I'm looking forward to a good year

skid
28-02-2016, 09:40 AM
I'd happily buy more!!! ...... new CEO should now be in his office ..... Blis popups seem to be more numerous and I'm looking forward to a good year

The Bliss popups are more numerous because your computer has been googling or visiting Bliss sites--Im still getting popups of hotels I googled months ago.

simla
29-02-2016, 10:30 AM
A welcome update confirming an excellent revenue year.

"Blis Technologies Limited affirms expectations for revenue for the full year to increase by over 100% to in excess of $5.3 million but rather than a small surplus, a small deficit is now anticipated in earnings before interest expense tax depreciation and amortisation. Although the provision for the replacement of stock into Europe proved sufficient, the company incurred greater than budgeted operating expenses." https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/278476

So, here's where it gets interesting maybe? No declared profit this year, but they already updated on that. But if growth continues as it has for the last few years, then the next year's result could be pretty cheerful.

But we can't project solid growth just because of past growth. So none the wiser!

Failing any other news, we have the half year report in May, the AGM maybe a couple of months later, and then the November report. Or maybe they will be making interesting product announcements sometime too?

An interesting year coming up for Blis-watching by the looks.

fungus pudding
29-02-2016, 12:32 PM
A welcome update confirming an excellent revenue year.

"Blis Technologies Limited affirms expectations for revenue for the full year to increase by over 100% to in excess of $5.3 million but rather than a small surplus, a small deficit is now anticipated in earnings before interest expense tax depreciation and amortisation. Although the provision for the replacement of stock into Europe proved sufficient, the company incurred greater than budgeted operating expenses." https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/278476

So, here's where it gets interesting maybe? No declared profit this year, but they already updated on that. But if growth continues as it has for the last few years, then the next year's result could be pretty cheerful.

But we can't project solid growth just because of past growth. So none the wiser!

Failing any other news, we have the half year report in May, the AGM maybe a couple of months later, and then the November report. Or maybe they will be making interesting product announcements sometime too?

An interesting year coming up for Blis-watching by the looks.

I always admire your enthusiasm, but how on earth can you describe revenue as excellent when it didn't even cover costs!

simla
29-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Yes, depends on your point of view.

But a flick through annual reports shows total trading revenues of : 0.7m (2013 ex-ice-cream) 1.2 (2014) 2.5 (2015) and now 5.3 (2016 projected). Check the figures for yourself obviously, but I think some people might find that a pleasant trend.

Given that their reports show them having dealt with access problems for America and Europe and China in that time, there would seem room for optimism.

Ah, but is it a trend or just a series of numbers? I wish I knew. If that is a trend, then we shareholders will enjoy the next year. But there seems no way for us to know that presently. Maybe it is random. Maybe it is a trend. That's why I'm still in the "don't know what happens next" camp.

Yoda
05-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Even seeing some Blis stuff sold in our regional hospital pharmacy ...

simla
25-03-2016, 03:46 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens to expenses over this coming year.

We are hoping that the revenue is growing strongly but, even if so, will that involve growth in costs of expansion? For example, ATM just delivered a great result, but in the detail you can see that ATM's expenses increased from 1H15 to 1H16 by many millions of dollars for "business growth and expansion into new markets". (ATM presentation 17 Feb, p6). In their case, those costs got swallowed by an impressive increase in revenue.

Expansion costs money even if things are going well. It seems likely BLT must be juggling with this?

simla
04-04-2016, 11:11 AM
"The results show that BLIS M18 significantly improves the chances of avoiding new dental caries." "requiring confirmation in a larger, controlled trial " 38 got M18 for 90 days, 38 didn't. including “plaque amount” (50% reduction). http://www.branded-ingredients.com/news/stratum-nutrition_010416/

I suppose a larger trial will take some time however.

Leon
06-04-2016, 02:35 PM
I wonder when Comvita will add Blis to their portolio?:)

emveha
06-04-2016, 04:34 PM
I wonder when Comvita will add Blis to their portolio?:)

I'm not sure how that would fit within their "natural" line of products.

fungus pudding
06-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure how that would fit within their "natural" line of products.

I'm not sure why they'd bother.

Harvey Specter
06-04-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure why they'd bother.manuka and pro-biotics are a great combo for a cold.

emveha
08-04-2016, 05:00 AM
Intrigued, I've decided to give it a go (both the product and the share).

If Google Trends are any indication, interest in probiotics is steadily rising: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=probiotics

winner69
08-04-2016, 08:28 AM
manuka and pro-biotics are a great combo for a cold.

Need to put plenty of whiskey in the honey drink for it to really work

Bjauck
08-04-2016, 08:38 AM
I got M18 as a Christmas present and a bought an oral irrigator as a present for myself at the same time and which I use in the mornings. After three months I have to say my teeth feel as they do after I have had a dentist's professional clean - a cleaner feel than with just flossing. Can't say what effect the M18 alone have, as I started using the water flossing at the same time. Psychologically I feel as though its a good regime though.

fungus pudding
08-04-2016, 09:07 AM

Don't forget to post your impressions of the product.

Pricey
09-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Google is blocked in China, so would expect that region to have higher interest than what is shown

If Google Trends are any indication, interest in probiotics is steadily rising: https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=probiotics

gmatt
14-04-2016, 05:31 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/280869

pierre
14-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Great news from BLT. Revenue for FY16 up 123% on pcp.
Forecasting $8m sales and a net profit after tax for FY17.
Despite the doomsayers our patience is being rewarded.
Onwards and upwards from here. Well done to the BLT team! Expecting the SP to start tracking with a 3 in front from tomorrow forward.

simla
14-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Falls to knees and weeps with joy ...

jonu
14-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Falls to knees and weeps with joy ...

Wow Simla. Coming from you who is normally so "steady as she goes". I congratulate you on your perseverance and ultimately (I hope) success.

simla
14-04-2016, 06:01 PM

But a flick through annual reports shows total trading revenues of : 0.7m (2013 ex-ice-cream) 1.2 (2014) 2.5 (2015) and now 5.3 (2016 projected). Check the figures for yourself obviously, but I think some people might find that a pleasant trend.

Given that their reports show them having dealt with access problems for America and Europe and China in that time, there would seem room for optimism.

Ah, but is it a trend or just a series of numbers? I wish I knew. If that is a trend, then we shareholders will enjoy the next year. But there seems no way for us to know that presently. Maybe it is random. Maybe it is a trend. That's why I'm still in the "don't know what happens next" camp.

And now "in excess of $8m for the 2017 financial year ". Okay, this is getting hard to see as anything but a trend now.

........yep dont sweat Jonu, Ive seen this reaction many many times and like you I think to myself this just doesnt add up then out of nowhere ......WHAMOO!!......Mr Market plays catch up and pass like there's no-tomorrow and we're all left thinking "bugger" shouldve bought more when I had the chance. This WILL happen......go ahead mark my words.

On to it Gr8day. Seem to recall you were stocking up last we heard. Good choice by the look of it!

simla
14-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Expecting the SP to start tracking with a 3 in front from tomorrow forward.

Will be very interesting to watch now!

Wow Simla. Coming from you who is normally so "steady as she goes". I congratulate you on your perseverance and ultimately (I hope) success.

Blis turns out a maiden profit? Okay, hasn't actually happened yet, just a forecast. It's hard not to feel good about this now though.

What a great achievement for the team at BLT. It's been a long haul from listing in 2001 to here. But, my goodness, what a large business machine has been assembled. And it looks like it works. Let's remember Barry here. But everyone at BLT, well done!

simla
14-04-2016, 06:10 PM
"The company expects to achieve trading revenues in excess of $8m for the 2017 financial year and record a net profit after tax."

We have waited along time to hear those words! Wow!

Chippie
14-04-2016, 07:29 PM
yes I think we have a real trend on revenue now.

Great news!! I do not post often but check sharetrader every day waiting for news like this :) So keep posting.

neopoleII
14-04-2016, 08:03 PM
yes great news, with 1.1 billion shares out there the future divi if it happens will be point many 1 times share.
at least we are going in the right direction.
with a billion + shares out there.... wait for the 100 to 1 or 1000 to 1 consolidation.
or top share holder playing another"game"
still have my $100k of shares which are in the bottom of the bottom draw.
worth not much now but hopefully will give me truckloads........ lol
be careful is all i can say from experience in this co
good luck to you guys

simla
14-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Nice to hear from a couple of long term Blis supporters. Not sure if that's exactly how you see your history, Nii!

This news really opens up on questions about the future. While the expansion must be using up cash, it must also be generating it. Hard to say which would be winning at this point, so the next report will be interesting. Once they get more cash, there will be the option of accelerating developments presumably. It will be a frustrating time for them presumably, still needing to be careful yet presumably looking forward to using the strong wind behind them.

I'm pretty stumped on what this implies about the share price. Will be interesting to watch the market.

Still, hasn't happened yet. Just a forecast at this point. But we won't have to wait too long for some sort of confirmation now presumably.

emveha
14-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Pretty chuffed with my timing here.

Snow Leopard
14-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Pending Probable Positive Profit Positions Probiotics Provider Providently. :t_up:

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

jonu
14-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Pending Probable Positive Profit Positions Probiotics Provider Providently. :t_up:

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Aye PT, and better than being peed off, a long way better. (PEB pun fully intended....I'll get my coat)

simla
14-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Very witty, PT!

As of tonight, PEB has a market cap of 241m, and BLT 31m. Interesting to watch that over time.

GR8DAY
15-04-2016, 08:23 AM
.......not really surprised at this latest announcement as revenue growth has been climbing at or near 100% pa for a while now. Extrapolate that out 5yrs and Blis may well beat PEB to that magical $100m annual turnover!(does PEB turnover $100kplus pw now??) .... yet for some reason has a market cap 8 times that of BLT)...........yes this could happen (but maybe longer than 5yrs, who knows)
Small profit next year is the exceptional news and I wouldnt mind betting they are being conservative. Because of the nature of the product (and the power of the internet and this huge growth in all things health related).........growth should be exponential. Lookout PEB I say!
Good work directors.....we all look forward to this profit announcement now.

simla
15-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Annual report in a few weeks. AGM a couple of months after that. H1 report a few months later. Plus potential for more news besides.

Could be a fun year if the good news keeps rolling.

Bjauck
15-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I have just been checking the cost for continuing my supply of M18 tabs. It is a pity they do not have discounts for orders for more than 30 tablets as they do for K12. Quite pricey I have to say - If they knock down the price for 30 tabs to under $20, would they increase sales by more than enough to compensate for the reduction? Would it encourage more potential clients to try them out?

Edit: Wow - SP up 25% already this morning.Low volume -will it last?

Harvey Specter
15-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I have just been checking the cost for continuing my supply of M18 tabs. It is a pity they do not have discounts for orders for more than 30 tablets as they do for K12. Quite pricey I have to say - If they knock down the price for 30 tabs to under $20, would they increase sales by more than enough to compensate for the reduction? Would it encourage more potential clients to try them out?

Edit: Wow - SP up 25% already this morning. The market sees to like the sound of the news.They should do subscriptions. Three months supply sent every quarter until you remember to cancel the credit card payment.

pierre
15-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Expecting the SP to start tracking with a 3 in front from tomorrow forward.

That bit seems to be sorted. Probably a little way to go before there's a 4 in front. Dont want to get too far ahead of ourselves but maybe around the H1 update when we receive confirmation that the YTD sales are tracking ahead of initial expectation?

simla
15-04-2016, 11:56 AM
The market seems to be reacting to this relatively cautiously so far. Well, hardly surprising. For a starter, only the ODT seems to have picked the announcement up in the media so far, for some reason. I don't really understand how that stuff works.

But, in any case, the market has been in the habit of ignoring Blis for a long time now, so it will take a little while to change its opinion presumably. If this really is the beginning of the up escalator, then they will do that sooner or later. No knowing when. An interesting question will be what the funds do eventually. If the good news continues, they will presumably want to add it to their list some time. But no knowing when or if that will be. Maybe not until they announce an actual profit, assuming that does in fact happen, or later.

For myself, I am happy to move from cautious back to optimistic again. The last year has confused me, due to things suddenly changing and thus inducing caution in me, but things look like they are on a discernible track again now. Hope so. We'll see.

GR8DAY
15-04-2016, 12:04 PM
......indeed Pierre. What I'd like to see and hear is a $10,000,000 t/over has been reached and those 10,000,000 shares have changed hands at 7c! (no they're not mine). I can see that happening within 18-24mnths........on both counts.

simla
15-04-2016, 12:06 PM
maybe around the H1 update when we receive confirmation that the YTD sales are tracking ahead of initial expectation?
Interesting to speculate whether the expected annual profit will show as a half year profit by then. That may depend on when extra expenses hits the books, as it seems likely they are spending to expand as well.

simla
15-04-2016, 12:10 PM
......indeed Pierre. What I'd like to see and hear is a $10,000,000 t/over has been reached and those 10,000,000 shares have changed hands at 7c! (no they're not mine). I can see that happening within 18-24mnths........on both counts.
I feel like I should counsel caution on your dreams, Gr8day. But I confess it would be hypocritical of me at this stage. What you say is not inconsistent with the growth figures we are seeing. However, it is up to Mr Market and fate yet. But, yes, I'm grinning.

jonu
15-04-2016, 01:05 PM
I feel like I should counsel caution on your dreams, Gr8day. But I confess it would be hypocritical of me at this stage. What you say is not inconsistent with the growth figures we are seeing. However, it is up to Mr Market and fate yet. But, yes, I'm grinning.

Good to see you're somewhere near to being back to your old self Simla, after all that collapsing and weeping with joy!

simla
15-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Yes, that was probably my most emotional post ever on this group. But I have a pretty shrewd idea that time will justify it.

I feel like Blis has been a concert pianist locked in prison all these years. Red tape every which way you look. But now Blis has been let out of prison and we will find out what sort of pianist we have been backing.

Certainly there is potential. K12 is still only just laying the groundwork overseas compared to the revenue levels in NZ. And M18 is still searching for it's natural spot. That recent study showing a big impact on cares is probably were they are trying to position it. And we haven't seen them touch toothpaste yet, but in Japan it is being advertised that way (https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.atpress.ne.jp%2Fnews%2Fsearch% 2F%3Fq%3D%25E3%2582%25A6%25E3%2582%25A3%25E3%2582% 25B9%25E3%2583%2586%25E3%2583%25AA%25E3%2582%25A2% 25E8%25A3%25BD%25E8%2596%25AC%25E6%25A0%25AA%25E5% 25BC%258F%25E4%25BC%259A%25E7%25A4%25BE&edit-text=&act=url). And who knows whether the rheumatic fever thing may turn out to be big, there's plenty of that in the world.

And the whole food thing - yoghurt, ice cream, beverages etc - is still where I think the big gains are, and we haven't got far down that road yet. Dog products. Q24.

But they needed to get rid of the legal battles and get hold of some decent cash to really go down these roads. Well, maybe they just got there.

So we don't know how good this concert pianist is yet. But he seems to be out of jail and walking on stage at last. I'm ready to listen, that's for sure. I hope he's good!

GR8DAY
15-04-2016, 01:53 PM

......haha SIMLA. Many thanks for the offer to council and Im pleased Ive made you grin.........rather that than GRIM......as we all once were some time ago. Things are heading north down there in the deep south for Blis and the results are now proof of this. 100% plus growth pa is consistent now and pleasing (to say the least) Oh to be a fly on the wall or a fly on their courier vans......those drivers must be loving this growth story ah??!

simla
15-04-2016, 05:01 PM
So, today the market showed a sense of humour. Round the block and back again.

GR8DAY
15-04-2016, 05:11 PM
.......yep silly short sighted sheep, just dont get the big picture I GUESS Simla??? If everyone held tight (and showed belief in the story behind the company) the SP could easily have ended the day closer to or over the 4c mark......it's not rocket science. Selling a growth stock at these levels is crazy stuff IMHO. Oh well I'll just have to dig deep and buy more come Monday.

emearg
15-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Lots of excitement on here since the confirmation that 2016 FY has produced excellent revenue.

It will be interesting to see the financials to see where the revenue is coming from, and how the costs are being incurred.

The rest, predictions of ongoing revenue growth and profit are just words at this point so don't get too carried away. Plenty can go wrong or change. Some things they can control and some things are out of their control and will need to be managed carefully should they eventuate.

All in all a good result for the year, but the future has yet to be told.

Cheers

simla
15-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Just so, Emearg. Nevertheless, there are several things we might reasonably assume from the news, I think. The orders are still rolling in. The orders are increasing. They aren't planning any expenses big enough to prevent a profit. And the trend in growth of several years now is in place for the meantime anyway. And presumably there have been no recent bad developments that they could have told us about in that announcement. Not to be sneezed at.

blissfool
15-04-2016, 06:59 PM
So, today the market showed a sense of humour. Round the block and back again.

A disappointing way to finish of the day's trading, on reflection the market had factored in this well telegraphed news all ready. The only new news here is the forecast of $8M next year. Perhaps a conservative estimate based on ongoing orders, but potentially this could be a lot higher with recent GRAS granted in the USA, the Sinpham and cure kids trials to be published this year. These pending announcements will move the share price higher then yesterday's announcement.
I do feel that BLIS's historical false starts (more then a groom on a wedding night) have added negative sentiment baggage to the value of the company's share price and this holds back positivity on the share price when it has great news.
While the news for Blis continues on the right trajectory, continued growth in sales, maintaining margin and controlling expense growth will help lift the price. The next step after profitability will be a share buy back reducing the number in the market place.

Well done the BLIS team, a solid result and more importantly as forecasted. Keep your nose to the grindstone and the market updated on future developments. We look forward to more victories this year and continued positive momentum of profitable sales and share price.

emearg
16-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Just so, Emearg. Nevertheless, there are several things we might reasonably assume from the news, I think. The orders are still rolling in. The orders are increasing. They aren't planning any expenses big enough to prevent a profit. And the trend in growth of several years now is in place for the meantime anyway. And presumably there have been no recent bad developments that they could have told us about in that announcement. Not to be sneezed at.

No sneezing here(I have been taking my Blis so almost impossible to sneeze) but no counting of chickens before they hatch either.

Future looks positive but only time will tell.

skid
16-04-2016, 02:45 PM
A disappointing way to finish of the day's trading, on reflection the market had factored in this well telegraphed news all ready. The only new news here is the forecast of $8M next year. Perhaps a conservative estimate based on ongoing orders, but potentially this could be a lot higher with recent GRAS granted in the USA, the Sinpham and cure kids trials to be published this year. These pending announcements will move the share price higher then yesterday's announcement.
I do feel that BLIS's historical false starts (more then a groom on a wedding night) have added negative sentiment baggage to the value of the company's share price and this holds back positivity on the share price when it has great news.
While the news for Blis continues on the right trajectory, continued growth in sales, maintaining margin and controlling expense growth will help lift the price. The next step after profitability will be a share buy back reducing the number in the market place.

Well done the BLIS team, a solid result and more importantly as forecasted. Keep your nose to the grindstone and the market updated on future developments. We look forward to more victories this year and continued positive momentum of profitable sales and share price.

The false starts just basically put a damper on hype on potential as some shares have experienced---They will most likely have to do it the''solid results'' way----cant argue with that..

simla
17-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Well, let's be honest. It's been a long and bruising battle getting here for all concerned. Blis listed 15 years ago and its just been work, work, work and obstacle, obstacle, obstacle ever since. That is why I am so relieved that victory seems in sight.

But is it a surprise that, after all that, the Board are too bruised and weary to be "delighted to announce" an expected profit, and that shareholders are too bruised and weary to raise a hearty cheer at the news? We are only human after all.

Still, there's been some heroic stickability going on here. We're very lucky to have had our Chairman all these years, staying the course from the very beginning, never giving up hope. Barry obviously deserves an OBE for the endless slog he must have gone through to get the company to this point. And certainly plenty of others at Blis have obviously done sterling service, both Board and staff. Some loyal staff even faced cost cutting a while ago it appears, which must have been hard indeed. And then there is the motley crew still left here, not so many as there were, but still here, still managing our tired cheers.

Well, let's hope the new CEO can infuse some fresh enthusiasm into us all - and indeed can even understand what we've all been through getting here, and why we are all so very, very weary! Reinflating hope would be welcome.

So, a decent rest and a few stiff drinks, and maybe we will find fresh strength to cheer. Meanwhile, let's see if the market manages any more enthusiasm over the next days, weeks, and months. The news, after all, looks promising. It's been a long march indeed, but arriving at the destination, by the looks of it.

winner69
17-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Well, let's be honest. It's been a long and bruising battle getting here for all concerned. Blis listed 15 years ago and its just been work, work, work and obstacle, obstacle, obstacle ever since. That is why I am so relieved that victory seems in sight.

But is it a surprise that, after all that, the Board are too bruised and weary to be "delighted to announce" an expected profit, and that shareholders are too bruised and weary to raise a hearty cheer at the news? We are only human after all.

Still, there's been some heroic stickability going on here. We're very lucky to have had our Chairman all these years, staying the course from the very beginning, never giving up hope. Barry obviously deserves an OBE for the endless slog he must have gone through to get the company to this point. And certainly plenty of others at Blis have obviously done sterling service, both Board and staff. Some loyal staff even faced cost cutting a while ago it appears, which must have been hard indeed. And then there is the motley crew still left here, not so many as there were, but still here, still managing our tired cheers.

Well, let's hope the new CEO can infuse some fresh enthusiasm into us all - and indeed can even understand what we've all been through getting here, and why we are all so very, very weary! Reinflating hope would be welcome.

So, a decent rest and a few stiff drinks, and maybe we will find fresh strength to cheer. Meanwhile, let's see if the market manages any more enthusiasm over the next days, weeks, and months. The news, after all, looks promising. It's been a long march indeed, but arriving at the destination, by the looks of it.

Jeez simla - thats some post

Copied and forwarded to those who decide who gets OBEs .....but Sir Peter sounds better

pierre
17-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Hi Simla
This site is called Sharetrader so its probably not the best forum for long-term holders such as you and me.

There have been plenty of detractors along the way as various obstacles have been encountered but then overcome. I agree with you that the BLT team have stayed on course throughout many trials and tribulations so I hope they too are holding shares and like us are poised to enjoy the good times in the very near future.

Not sure how long you've been on board with BLT but my first purchase was in 2005 - at 19cents! Over the years I have built up a substantial holding, buying when the SP was low (0.7cents), resisting the urge to sell at highs (3.5 cents) supporting various capital raisings and like you, always believing in the story.

At Friday's closing SP I'm 50% ahead of my average cost. Even though Mr Market apparently remains cynical, I'm certain that our new CEO will be presenting a conservative forecast. In addition, new ideas and new energy from him, plus other initiatives coming to fruition make us well placed for significant growth as progress is reported

In my view the SP could possibly have a 5 in front within 12-18 months. If that happens it will be worth well over $100k for me so I'm staying on the bus with you and the BLT team.

I always appreciate your conservative, supportive approach for BLT and the team. Patience will be rewarded handsomely in my view.

However we could probably have made some handsome returns as traders in BLT too!

gmatt
17-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Great posts!! ..... the next year or so will be very interesting (and hopefully rewarding).

GR8DAY
18-04-2016, 09:41 AM
SIMPLY PUT.............."no better time in the history of the company, to be a shareholder"......IMHO.

Leftfield
18-04-2016, 05:12 PM
SIMPLY PUT.............."no better time in the history of the company, to be a shareholder"......IMHO.

Nice to see that today the market seemed to agree with you! (Disc - a happy holder sitting on 50% plus gains)

emearg
18-04-2016, 06:05 PM
The FDA are a slow moving beast. On Saturday their website finally update to reflect GRAS for K12:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/fdcc/?set=GRASNotices&id=591

What is interesting is the submission document is included:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/GRAS/NoticeInventory/ucm494554.pdf

So far I have only read the first few pages(of over 100) but Table I.D-1 (Summary of the Individual Proposed Food-Uses and Use-Levels forStreptococcus salivarius K12 in the United States (NHANES 2003-2006)) gives interesting insight into what K12 is now approved to go in food wise. This is a level of detail I have not seen hitherto.

simla
18-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Emearg. An instructive table, as you say. Wider than I'd been thinking.

emveha
18-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks, Emearg. An instructive table, as you say. Wider than I'd been thinking.

They are covering their bases of course; however some media are going to remain impractical due to lack of long term survival (e.g. fruit juice). The proposal mentions "novel delivery systems" but imho it will be a while before we see K-12 orange juice on the shelves.

Leftfield
19-04-2016, 08:00 AM
They are covering their bases of course; however....

Thanks Emearg for a good post. I suspect the reason BLT is 'covering their bases' is because it sees its future is in licencing to other manufacturers, and who knows what doors this will open. Exciting times ahead.

Early days yet, however it looks like 3.5 is the new upper and 3.0 the new lower resistance levels pending further news?

GR8DAY
19-04-2016, 09:55 AM
....RE: FRUIT JUICE additive etc

Im liking their creative/proactive approach to this issue (which sounds minor as a sales impediment anyway).....incorporating "release caps and straws" as a novel way around this. Full marks for their continuing push to reach the masses by whatever means.........this is an encouraging sign of their creative flare for what HAS been a difficult sell. Very exciting times ahead ........hopefully now with a full head of steam.

simla
25-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Exciting times ahead.

The rest, predictions of ongoing revenue growth and profit are just words at this point so don't get too carried away. Plenty can go wrong or change. Some things they can control and some things are out of their control and will need to be managed carefully should they eventuate.

Hmm. Both quotes agree that the future is not yet written, could go well, could go less well. I remain optimistic, but it would be nice to be a year or two hence and have more knowledge. Pity about the uncertainty remaining, even as things are looking up. However, next report in a month. Let's see what that brings us.

Jinx
17-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Report out in just under a week, if there's a solid revenue increase as well as a net profit expected next year we could see a skyrocket in sp?

NeverQuestion
17-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Report out in just under a week, if there's a solid revenue increase as well as a net profit expected next year we could see a skyrocket in sp?

I really hope so!

simla
17-05-2016, 12:55 PM
At this stage, I think we might be looking for these things in next week's report (or earlier, since they said " by Monday 23 May 2016.").

Growth The most obvious thing is revenue growth. The company now has a number of markets in place and we are keen to know if we will see the same mathematics apply as has happened in NZ already - ie pretty useful growth. However, there will be a limit to how much we can discern at this stage? Hopefully the company will give more forecasting, but that can only be a guess. However, we will all be waiting to see if they detail the expected profit (if any) for the coming year.

Permanence The big news of the last few months has surely been the idea that finally the company has achieved self-sustaining viability? Well, that will be true when the company reports good profits and good cash flows, so again it is probably hard to get too much further on judging that just now? Obviously we hope to hear more detail to substantiate that though, such as the cash flow report, the regional breakdown of sales maybe.

Complexity Many of us have hung in there over the years in the hope that this company will be more than a one-trick pony (or I have, anyway.) We already have M18 added to the K12. And there is talk of functional food, and pets, and Q24. However, transitioning to a company that can handle many irons in the fire will take time and willpower, plus cash and luck obviously. However, a new CEO will surely have his hands pretty full taking over the existing complexity, so it seems likely to me that we will have to wait a couple of years to get more handle on this aspect?

Surprises As Forest Gump said, "My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get." Blis has handed out lots of surprises in the past, good ones and bad ones. It's one of the things that makes Blis-watching so interesting. I'm sure we're all secretly hoping this tradition continues! Some of us, anyway.

Overall tone Given that none of the above seems likely (to me) to be too definitive, I guess we will really be trying to judge the overall tone of the report. Is the company confident or not? However, that is one thing the company has been pretty good at playing deadpan about over the years. Will the new CEO change that? What we would love to start hearing is this: Have events gone better or worse than the Board were expecting in this period? That is very useful information to shareholders who cannot access the confidential base data with which to form those expectations for themselves.

So, although there are several things we might be looking for, I'm not sure how much of them we can find right now. Still too early days in this new positive outlook on revenue? The one thing that could change that is if the company starts being more communicative with shareholders about the future that they can see around the board table maybe.

Since I am not expecting anything too definitive therefore, I think it more likely we will just see the price drift upwards over time (or down if we don't like what we hear!!) Always willing for events to prove me wrong though. Just my own thoughts obviously. Others will disagree.

GR8DAY
17-05-2016, 02:29 PM
.........well summarized SIMLA. Personally I would be very happy to see growth settle at around (just) 50% pa now.........which is still remarkable. But as you say there may be a negative surprise at any time as well. It's going to be interesting to see how the new CEO has "bedded in" and what his plans and aspirations are going forward........hopefully he's been hard at it working on further growth ideas for the company.
If 100% growth can be achieved for a few more years say ........well, do your sums..........$20 to 30m annual revenue might happen sooner than we expect?? Here's hoping. SP still lagging IMHO for such a steady growth story with massive potential.

simla
17-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Gr8day. Hard to say about the share price. Consider:

Snippets from old annual reports, plus the last market update announcement:

2013: A year of rolling up sleeves, but "The base of our business is forecast to increase significantly with greater concentration on finished product sales globally, assisted by new partners and commercial contacts."
2014: Lots of delays, US access problem, "frustrating" year but "anticipate ingredient sales to increase materially". Web sales starting to do well. Start rheumatic trial. Change of focus from research to manufacturing.
2015: 100% revenue growth, factory approval, US access resolved, resolving international agreements, wider Board, "meaningful levels" of sales to Japan, sales into Europe, 4 more staff hired.
2016: Coming next week, but excellent revenue growth again, small negative EDITDA still, change of CEO. But importantly, "The company expects to achieve trading revenues in excess of $8m for the 2017 financial year and record a net profit after tax."

So there has been increasingly good news for several years, but actually only 2015 crossed the line into really good. But even then there was no profit. So you could understand the market holding back, especially given the long years getting here. Assuming the results continue to improve (an assumption) it's hard to say when the market would buy into this story? It may depend on whether the company is more specific on what size profit they are forecasting perhaps? Presumably people are still holding their breath on bad news too. An interesting cusp perhaps? Or not!

emearg
17-05-2016, 05:55 PM
It looks like Blis have bought the HoneyBlis brand:
http://blis.co.nz/honey-blis.html#.VzqvSIR9670

Previously it was developed and launched by a Wellington based company. Here is a link to the old website. Snap shot is from January 2015:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150113024546/http://honeyblis.co.nz/

Blis has redone the packaging and changed the formulation. It now contains Manaku and Kamahi honey.

An interesting development. While we could speculate on the reasons why it was sold/bought, the price paid, and it's potential I won't.

Chippie
17-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I have read previously that Manuka honey sells at a premium in China. So could be a winner in that market.

The price looks okay here if people consider that less than $1 per day to stay healthy

GR8DAY
18-05-2016, 11:43 AM
"Thanks, Gr8day. Hard to say about the share price."

.......appears to be a new SP "maturity" (for want of better word) ?? Perhaps it's newbies seeing upside as well as oldies holding firm on the latest releases?.......whatever, the silly trading out on any SP rise seems to have disappeared and resulting in a "steady-as -you-go" creep up in the SP......long may it continue.

As Ive said before, I doubt there has ever been a better or more exciting time to be part of this.........just wish we got a bit more info along the way from HQ?? Anyway not long now for confirmation on those revenue targets.

Yoda
18-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Good to see it hit $.035 today. And the .034 has been eaten away since then, so maybe we are seeing a lift . 4 yr high?
Up 140% in 2 yrs if you were lucky enough to get in then ...

pierre
20-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Gr8day. Hard to say about the share price. Consider:

Snippets from old annual reports, plus the last market update announcement:

2013: A year of rolling up sleeves, but "The base of our business is forecast to increase significantly with greater concentration on finished product sales globally, assisted by new partners and commercial contacts."
2014: Lots of delays, US access problem, "frustrating" year but "anticipate ingredient sales to increase materially". Web sales starting to do well. Start rheumatic trial. Change of focus from research to manufacturing.
2015: 100% revenue growth, factory approval, US access resolved, resolving international agreements, wider Board, "meaningful levels" of sales to Japan, sales into Europe, 4 more staff hired.
2016: Coming next week, but excellent revenue growth again, small negative EDITDA still, change of CEO. But importantly, "The company expects to achieve trading revenues in excess of $8m for the 2017 financial year and record a net profit after tax."

So there has been increasingly good news for several years, but actually only 2015 crossed the line into really good. But even then there was no profit. So you could understand the market holding back, especially given the long years getting here. Assuming the results continue to improve (an assumption) it's hard to say when the market would buy into this story? It may depend on whether the company is more specific on what size profit they are forecasting perhaps? Presumably people are still holding their breath on bad news too. An interesting cusp perhaps? Or not!

I'm waiting for Monday's announcement with bated breath. On the basis of earlier news from the company we know there will be another (modest) loss for FY16. However, what will really change things will be further confirmation of the $8m+ revenue and profit forecast for FY17.

What I'm also really keen to find out is where they are with penetration into the China market. Some positivity about that opportunity will be the catalyst for significantly increased interest in BLT. It will be interesting to see if we get any update on that topic from the new CEO and to get his views on the company's overall prospects for the next 12 months.

I guess the market has already factored in the news announced a month ago - but a really positive forecast could see a further lift in the SP on Monday. My pick - maybe up to 3.8 or even 4.0 cents if the news is as good as I am anticipating.

Fingers crossed!

pierre
23-05-2016, 10:42 AM
No news released yet. Must be a few more beans to count than they originally anticipated!

pierre
23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Net loss $816k - bit higher than the market would have liked by the look of the SP.

Revenue up by $3m to $5.6m - a good increase that was announced earlier but staff numbers up from 15 to 20 and total expenses up $2.5m from $4.0 last year.

Forecast looks pretty positive - planning to achieve 8m sales and make a profit for FY17 but don't say how much. Plenty of activity going on in various markets but still caveats around China. However they are hopeful of test-market and three clinical trials being reported in Q3-17.

Things are definitely heading in the right direction - I'm hanging on for the ride.

simla
23-05-2016, 12:07 PM
A thoroughly satisfactory report from where I'm sitting. The word "upbeat" just appeared in a Blis report! https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/282826

"The board and management of NZX-listed Blis Technologies Limited are upbeat about future prospects even though a doubling of revenues to $5.6M hasn’t yet translated into profitability." “We expect to report a net surplus for the year to 31 March 2017,” he said. "[EBITDA] was -$347k" (but remember they put -$350k as their estimate for product discolouration last year, so would that have been positive otherwise?)

Excellent sales growth across the board. Australasia 678k -> 1164k, Asia 241k -> 753k, Europe 831k -> 2117k, America 664k -> 1470k. So more than doubled across the board.

Working capital went down as they expanded, but they say it is sufficient. Importantly they reported positive cash flow from operations in the final quarter. (Not positive in total though?) Clearly it remains an ongoing battle to contain costs/aspirations against the current level of income - hardly surprising, they must be rearing to go now.

Results of China test marking available later this year.

Clearly a major rethink of the strategy of the company is underway with a big orientation towards marketing at this stage of the game. Very much we hear a tone of going after sales. And good to hear less talk of the need to battle regulations - that has been such a long battle. I thoroughly appreciate the time that was taken taken to write that report.

Most interesting. Hard to feel bad about that, I would have said. Yet people have been selling down even as I read it. Very hard to know what their disappointment is from where I'm sitting.

Is this the moment when it is all happening but nobody dares believe it yet? Or is there still too much doubt in the air? Well, it all looks pretty organised for success to judge from that report. Infrastructure in place and sales growing strongly.

The share market will sort itself out. Meanwhile the company is clearly standing on pretty solid ground chasing future growth now - or so it looks to me anyway. Others no doubt have their own views.

GR8DAY
23-05-2016, 12:16 PM
.......thanks for update Pierre. Pretty much as expected.........spending money to make money.......only way you can do it really. Profit still on the cards for this financial year so the big question I guess will be how much of a profit??? As a holder looking to further accumulation Im happy to see the SP has drifted back a bit on this announcement.......I will be taking this opportunity to add to my holding.

simla
23-05-2016, 12:52 PM
A remarkable statement in there is that, after all these years, NZ sales still increased by 26% last year.

simla
23-05-2016, 12:58 PM
And here's a good statement: "Securing additional ingredient supply capacity is particularly important to ensure that we can meet the projected growth targets beyond the 2017 financial year". That can't be bad.

simla
23-05-2016, 01:01 PM
And they would appear to still be hopeful of the China situation, despite ongoing delays. "During the year the company continued to provide technical support in anticipation of sales in the near future." And, "There is no doubt that when these issues are resolved the opportunity for sales into China is appealing." However, it really has been a long battle to get in that door, so no knowing what lies ahead.

GR8DAY
23-05-2016, 01:10 PM
A remarkable statement in there is that, after all these years, NZ sales still increased by 26% last year.

.....indeed SIMLA, 26% local growth would be the envy of most sectors BUT 100% growth over most other countries/continents is exceptional in that it is showing a global acceptance of the product and its benefits. This is a very very good report in my opinion (reading between the lines) and I have a renewed confidence in what lies ahead.

pierre
23-05-2016, 02:51 PM
.....indeed SIMLA, 26% local growth would be the envy of most sectors BUT 100% growth over most other countries/continents is exceptional in that it is showing a global acceptance of the product and its benefits. This is a very very good report in my opinion (reading between the lines) and I have a renewed confidence in what lies ahead.

While sales are growing from low bases sales appear to be moving in the right direction in all markets so I'm hoping that the $8m forecast for FY17 is a conservative one. I'm pretty optimistic that we will be surprised on the high side at this time next year.

I'm sure China is the key to exponential growth and while, as Simla says, it's been a long battle to get in the door, hopefully it will open later this FY and BLT should then be on a roll.

Today's report confirms that all is well currently - the half-year report in November will reveal how much progress is being made towards the profitability goal for the year.

simla
23-05-2016, 02:59 PM
So comparing that to my list of last week:

Growth: No news other than expected $8m+ this year, expected profit, no size mentioned. Hint of need for more production facilities. Hopes that China is getting closer. Otherwise we are none the wiser? Progress in any particular market? Don't know.

Permanence: Expected profit this year. Positive cash flow from operations last quarter. All good if we hear the same in 6 and 12 months time?

Complexity: More talk of the product pipeline, but absolutely no detail. What will GRAS lead to? Don't know. Q24? Pets? Don't know. Other? Don't know.

Surprises: No good or bad surprises? Almost no mention of the future really.

Tone: Upbeat is good. Confident, addressing to a particular plan, but no detail.

In total they told us what they had to tell us, but we have little idea of what developments to expect in future? I'm not surprised the share market did not jump with excitement as we do not know a lot. The only mention of the future really was the $8m+ revenue for this year. So it was a positive report, but we are not waiting for anything because we know of very little that we might be waiting for. Back to sleep time in the share market would be my guess.

It would be nice to hear what the company hopes for in it's future one day, in all honesty.

simla
23-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Well, one thing changed! "Blis profit ends 16 years of losses" Blis appeared on the front page of the Herald website!

winner69
23-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Well, one thing changed! "Blis profit ends 16 years of losses" Blis appeared on the front page of the Herald website!

Hope The Herald has got it right ....check this time next year eh

winner69
23-05-2016, 03:39 PM
They dont seem to say they are going to make a profit in F17

The word 'surplus' seems to relate to cash flows -

Mr Watson points to year-on-year revenues continuing to grow and the company recording an operating cash surplus for the final quarter of the year.

“We expect to report a net surplus for the year to 31 March 2017,” he said.

simla
23-05-2016, 03:45 PM
The annual report says the company expects to "record a net profit after tax" for 2017. p3.

Bjauck
23-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Well, one thing changed! "Blis profit ends 16 years of losses" Blis appeared on the front page of the Herald website! The Herald draws you in with the headline, once clicked on, the linked story is headed "Blis targets maiden profit, ending 16 years of losses". Is that an example of NZ Herald using a headline as clickbait to keep you reading. To make an eye catching headline the truth is warped?

winner69
23-05-2016, 03:51 PM
The annual report says the company expects to "record a net profit after tax" for 2017. p3.

Thanks

i only read the press release (which was all over the place)

fungus pudding
23-05-2016, 03:55 PM
The Herald draws you in with the headline, once clicked on, the linked story is headed "Blis targets maiden profit, ending 16 years of losses". Is that an example of NZ Herald using a headline as clickbait to keep you reading. To make an eye catching headline the truth is warped?

But read on to get to the interesting bit.

"While the directors believe that there is no material uncertainty in respect of the group ability to continue as a going concern for the period assessed above, due to the level of its current cash holdings, there remains uncertainty as to whether the group can deliver the cash flow required to operate as a going concern, following the utilisation of current and any future available cash resources," the company said in its financial statements. "In the event it fails to achieve future profitability as planned the group may not be able to continue as a going concern."

Bjauck
23-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Isn't that quite a standard disclaimer when preparing valuations and accounts on the basis of a going concern - especially for an enterprise which has yet to deliver a profit?

simla
23-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Not sure why they dwelt on that in the paper as the annual report had just said (p34) "The Directors believe the going concern assumption is valid" and that the cash reserves are "considered more than sufficient [for the budgeted future]". Further, the Herald article points out that the auditors did not mention it. And they also had said they had a positive cash flow from operations for the last quarter. I took it that they were just being thorough. They certainly did not mention anything in the narrative contradicting the "upbeat" that they opened with. Time will tell no doubt.

simla
23-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Actually, I guess the main takeaway from today's report is that there was no bad news, which is probably the number one thing we are looking for at this stage when things are looking promising.

percy
23-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Newbie to this thread.
Shares on issue.1,102,153,565
Market cap @ 0.033cents $36,371,068.
Revenue $5,600,000
Net Loss $816,000 [16th year trend confirmed].

ohpark0119
23-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Is it too late to join the party?

simla
23-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Aw, shucks, Percy. You got us. It's not a bank.

More seriously, the only point of following BLT is the belief/hope that this thing can be put together from scratch, where it used to be. They are predicting profit this year, so we are hopeful. The maths of a reasonable investment actually is still possible, even with a billion shares. It just depends on how successful it turns out to be. It remains the usual question: profit divided by share price. Assuming it profits. Presumably others are just in it for the share price ride.

huxley
23-05-2016, 06:54 PM
I see Superlife have a chunk of BLT - anyone know if thats through a managed fund?

Snow Leopard
23-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Whilst things do seem to be looking up for BLT and it would appear to be de-risking nicely, the liquidity is still not that great.

I must admit that whilst the idea of buying 300,000 or more shares in one hit is kind of appealing, I think I may wait until they start paying a dividend.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

percy
23-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Aw, shucks, Percy. You got us. It's not a bank.

More seriously, the only point of following BLT is the belief/hope that this thing can be put together from scratch, where it used to be. They are predicting profit this year, so we are hopeful. The maths of a reasonable investment actually is still possible, even with a billion shares. It just depends on how successful it turns out to be. It remains the usual question: profit divided by share price. Assuming it profits. Presumably others are just in it for the share price ride.

A $184,000 profit would be a $1,000,000 turn around,so the maths is a little difficult.
Yet the product appears to be excellent.
I too would very much like this company to succeed.
Will watch their progress with interest,but will retain my bank shares in the meantime.!!..lol.

pierre
23-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Whilst things do seem to be looking up for BLT and it would appear to be de-risking nicely, the liquidity is still not that great.

I must admit that whilst the idea of buying 300,000 or more shares in one hit is kind of appealing, I think I may wait until they start paying a dividend.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

You may have to wait more than a little while for a dividend - but in the meantime wouldn't you be happy with some capital gain?

Buying 300,000 BLT shares doesn't require a major outlay and as for liquidity - well you could have bought that number 5 times over today. If your timing was right you could have made 6% this afternoon if you'd bought at the day's low of 3.1. Just wait for another of the inevitable dips in the SP and leap in. I think there's a very good chance you could pick up 30-50% capital gain over the next 18 months - better return than any dividend is likely to pay.

I'm currently up 75% on a holding of some millions of BLT shares and anticipating there will be much more to come between now and the FY18 result.
I'm also very confident life ultimately will be bliss for shareholders in this company. Patience and belief are required though.

Bon chance
Pierre

Joshuatree
23-05-2016, 08:36 PM
This is from 2007!!. Are Chris Chilcott and Barry Richardson still running this now (and making a good living) all these years later?

Hey Snake eye me too.
I frequently google the news and look at the shareprice, when
I should be working.

I just found this in the Press:

US PATENT FOR BLIS PLAQUE

Blis Technologies continues to make headway with its bad breath and anti-tooth decay products _ signing a United States patent on the plaque protection probiotic.

Chief executive Barry Richardson said Blis was already well known as the manufacturer of Blis K12, an oral probiotic for the treatment of chronic bad breath and infections.

But the South Island-based firm wanted to affirm it was developing a wider range of products including an advanced oral probiotic called MIA, effective in protecting teeth from dental plaque.

Blis had just been granted a US patent for MIA, and commercialisation of the product was about two years away.

"This represents a major milestone in our research and development programme ... Blis is not a single product company," Richardson said.

"Now we've had that patent issued, we're in position to be able to talk to international and US players about licensing opportunities and product development opportunities with that particular strain."

Blis chief scientific officer Chris Chilcott said MIA enabled important protection against plaque. "We believe the new MIA probiotic can be used to suppress levels of Streptococcus mutans, the principal cause of dental plaques."

The company had yet to emphasise its work on its skincare and body odour reduction products. "As we get (various) patents granted it broadens our base in terms of commercialisation."

Meanwhile, Blis' existing K12 range of probiotic products had gained important media coverage in both Australia on a current affairs programme and on TV3's Campbell Live show.

Blis shares rose 0.6c to close at 9.9c yesterday.

Snow Leopard
23-05-2016, 08:37 PM
BLT (Simple) Average Daily Turnover:

16 day: $21,511
64 day: $13,415
256 day: $13,571

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Joshuatree
23-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Dejavu but 9 years ago!

At first glance it makes absolute sense, Chippie - there's a much bigger market elsewhere than NZ. But if Blis management couldn't even market the products in little old NZ properly, why would or should we trust them to be able to do that overseas; the world hasn't exactly been craving Blis for the last few years (or we would have seen better sales in Blis' previous overseas efforts).

Marketing (eg TV ads) in those large markets is excessively expensive compared to NZ, and leaving all that to overseas distributors means giving up complete control over your brand (plus you have no idea whether these distributors are doing anything anyway).

Blis had years and years to build a solid domestic business and form a basis for global expansion. Anything else is like taking the second step before the first. And as for their recent AGM preso - geez, haven't we all heard these great announcements before?! I do hope it's not gonna take another 5-6 years before we see some decent sales.

Chippie, are you working with Blis or how come you have your private hotline to Barry? ;-) Not surprised by your unshakeable support for their management then...

pierre
23-05-2016, 09:29 PM
This is from 2007!!. Are Chris Chilcott and Barry Richardson still running this now (and making a good living) all these years later?

You need to keep up JT. Barry Richardson retired at the end of March.

percy
23-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Well every where I have been tonight on youtube etc Blis ad comes up.Finally clicked on to it.Most impressive.

Joshuatree
23-05-2016, 09:38 PM
You need to keep up JT. Barry Richardson retired at the end of March.

Maybe thats just as well after that long spell in the desert for BLT; a l long history full of desiccated historical bones. Hope its turned a corner and its all up from here for holders. I tend to look at the past of a company before i look at the future.

trader_jackson
23-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I haven't been able to read up much... but thought I would put this out there: could this be the next TIL or CVT? Product seems very good from what I've read, and things appear to be turning around (financially speaking, eg profit now forecast)

Lewylewylewy
23-05-2016, 11:53 PM
For me to invest in this, I would want to see contacts with dentists pushing product, new research popping up in journals leading to doctors pushing it, more advertising and evidence of increasing sales abroad. Without this sort of stuff it would all be an up hill struggle because it's not the sort of product people seek out. Therefore sales is directly related to marketing, which means you with have a massive marketing budget or get smart with it... like taking up with other products like food producers and the like, to get the name out there and make it a product that people do seek out and other companies want to partner with.

They may well be doing all that, I haven't done much research on this company... my gut feeling is that they aren't.

Lewylewylewy
23-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Argh, spell check on my phone played havoc with that last post 😞

Snow Leopard
24-05-2016, 01:38 AM
For me to invest in this, I would want to see contacts with dentists pushing product, new research popping up in journals leading to doctors pushing it, more advertising and evidence of increasing sales abroad. Without this sort of stuff it would all be an up hill struggle because it's not the sort of product people seek out. Therefore sales is directly related to marketing, which means you with have a massive marketing budget or get smart with it... like taking up with other products like food producers and the like, to get the name out there and make it a product that people do seek out and other companies want to partner with.

They may well be doing all that, I haven't done much research on this company... my gut feeling is that they aren't.

Argh, spell check on my phone played havoc with that last post 

Your phone spell checker is the least of your worries ! :ohmy:

Best Wishes (for a speedy recovery)
Paper Tiger

blissfool
24-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Annual report: nothing new to see here move on. All off this has already been signalled to the market.

Still going in the right direction, but will need to turn a profit or funds will soon run out.

the several studies underway will be pivitol to continuing the momentum.

prediction for this year $9M sales and +$300K profit.

the ride continues

GR8DAY
24-05-2016, 11:24 AM
......SIMLA (or anyone), would you happen to have revenue figures over say last 5years? A table or preferably graph might go down well , if possible. Maybe we could then extrapolate that out another 5 yrs and hazard a guess where we might be......all things being equal that is. A graph would also paint a good picture of the progress we've made, for all to see..........just as a reminder. Sorry but Im no good at such things so hoping someone else might have the time and skills?? Cheers in advance.

simla
24-05-2016, 12:04 PM

No point in going back beyond 2013 as there was no trend before then - the company was very definitely still building all its infrastructure rather than gaining much revenue. So extrapolate a trend all you like, but it will be from a very short history. Some will think this represents a solid growth curve, others will say that one swallow does not a summer make, especially as that swallow is only a projected profit, not an actual profit.

The company gave us little detail of what to expect in future apart from projected revenue this year, so I can't really see how we can do anything now except wait for the next half year report, unless the company is more specific in the AGM.

simla
24-05-2016, 12:35 PM
The thing is, Gr8day, that I don't think it's about revenue now. It's about costs. Projecting revenue growth will show nothing until we have some idea of the cost growth.

They just told us that revenue increased by $3105k last year. p3. So we have revenue of $5628 and cost of goods sold $1762. p25. That's a gross profit margin of 69%, which is an extra $2142 from that $3105. Yet the net deficit only changed from $1373 to $816, or just a $557k improvement for a $3105k revenue increase.

So how do we know that another doubling of revenue is going to produce any noticeable profit? We are never told what their expenditure plans are, only the revenue plans.

Now they did discuss the increase in costs for the past year. "There was a significant increase in overheads for the year, some of which we would not expect to recur." My emphasis, p4. How much is "some"? We don't know. "There was also ongoing increased costs required to meet the company's growth targets". p4. $1m of that increase, for whatever reason, were called "Business operating expenses." and around half a million is in Employee benefits. p26.

So they have projected the revenue for us but have not projected the profit. Why? Well, the obvious explanation is that it entirely depends on how much they choose to spend during that time. But we know almost nothing of what projects are on the boil with the company now (eg. what is happening to functional foods, which were not mentioned at all in the report - apart from a reference to GRAS - despite the company spending years and millions of dollars positioning themselves for this market) so I do not see how we can form any opinion on what expenditure will be undertaken this year, or next, or ...

So if the sharemarket is looking unconvinced that this share is about to pay off, well, it isn't hard to see their reasoning, is it? We simply have no idea what the company is planning to do next, or what that will cost. Revenue may continue growing, but we are none the wiser as to what will happen to profit, are we?

simla
24-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I wonder if this is a transitional thing? Blis has been head down working its butt off for many years and the market has ignored it on the whole. Now they are starting to engage with the market, announcing good news, and issuing press releases to that extent.

But the market is looking for steady reliable information to work with, as it does with all stocks, and Blis needs to work out how to work that way maybe? After all, there have been a few relatively new posters here over the last day who have said, why would we believe this will work? They haven't said that they do not believe it, but they are looking for standard share market signals and not seeing them. What profit are you forecasting? Don't know. What budget are you working to? Don't know? What is your five year outlook? Don't know. Etc.

So maybe this is just yet another learning curve for Blis to go through? Or is that just my impression of what is happening here?

Maybe they should talk to that chap at Craigs (http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/384256/blis-predicts-first-profit) and ask him what analysts would like to see available to them?

GR8DAY
24-05-2016, 01:41 PM
.........agree SIMLA but IDEALLY we see further revenue growth (50% will do thankyou) AS WELL as cost reductions. Make it happen please directors, after all that's what we're paying you for.

patrick
31-05-2016, 05:59 AM
More interest and volume, although only a tiny % of shares traded each month.

hummerh40
08-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Volume has noticeably picked up. Anybody know something? That massive sell order at 3.5 is nearly gone

Leftfield
08-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Volume has noticeably picked up. Anybody know something? That massive sell order at 3.5 is nearly gone

Don't know the reason, however the SP charts have been looking bullish since mid-may (Bollinger bands tightening etc), so rock on BLT!

pierre
08-06-2016, 04:01 PM

That sell order has all gone now.
Next seller of 70,000 shares wants 4.0 cents - then the asking price is 8.9 cents.
Wouldn't be sure anyone is keen on paying that much unless there's something unbelievably major in the wind - I doubt there is though.

pierre
08-06-2016, 04:23 PM
That sell order has all gone now.
Next seller of 70,000 shares wants 4.0 cents - then the asking price is 8.9 cents.
Wouldn't be sure anyone is keen on paying that much unless there's something unbelievably major in the wind - I doubt there is though.

As expected - another seller in the game at 3.5. Nice to see the SP holding steady around this level. Next update will be the AGM on July 29.
Patience!

simla
08-06-2016, 11:48 PM
What I'd love to see this year is for the company to lay out a new road map for the shareholders.

We last had a road map given to us in 2007. It was meant to be for 5 years or so, but hiccups meant that became 9 or 10 years.

But it was a good enough map that we have been able to follow the fortunes of the company with some comprehension of what was going on. They were building world wide market access and dealing with legal work with the expectation of good revenue at the end of that. We got told that and then we watched it slowly unfold. Possession of that road map was what gave shareholders the courage to stick with the company through tough times.

And it worked. That road map did indeed lead to here. But that map has now expired.

So where to now? Are they just going to wait for compounding to work magic on revenue? Are they going to set to work on trying to leverage the situation with clever marketing techniques? Has the food thing run its course, or is it still a major objective? Have they plans for that elusive Asian market? Are they hoping for whole new products? Are they planning on just going on being a relatively minor product supplier (as you might perhaps describe them so far) or are they hoping to consolidate into a more substantial company? In short, will the company still look much the same in 5 years?

I just have no idea what the next 5 years is meant to hold for this company, where the next destination is. So I'd love for them to share this with us some time this year. The next AGM would be good, of course!

pierre
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
I just have no idea what the next 5 years is meant to hold for this company, where the next destination is. So I'd love for them to share this with us some time this year. The next AGM would be good, of course!

Agree Simla. The new MD will have had around 3 months to settle in to his new role so let's hope he takes the opportunity at the AGM for a comprehensive update of the company's plans for the next 1-5 years.

China remains the big opportunity and it seems to be taking a long time for anything of significance to materialise. Perhaps BLT should be talking to China Resources, the new Chinese shareholder in SCL. I note that CR are into Pharmaceuticals and have a retail chain selling quality health products and services - could be a way into the market.

emearg
10-06-2016, 11:28 AM
What I'd love to see this year is for the company to lay out a new road map for the shareholders.

We last had a road map given to us in 2007. It was meant to be for 5 years or so, but hiccups meant that became 9 or 10 years.

But it was a good enough map that we have been able to follow the fortunes of the company with some comprehension of what was going on. They were building world wide market access and dealing with legal work with the expectation of good revenue at the end of that. We got told that and then we watched it slowly unfold. Possession of that road map was what gave shareholders the courage to stick with the company through tough times.

And it worked. That road map did indeed lead to here. But that map has now expired.

So where to now? Are they just going to wait for compounding to work magic on revenue? Are they going to set to work on trying to leverage the situation with clever marketing techniques? Has the food thing run its course, or is it still a major objective? Have they plans for that elusive Asian market? Are they hoping for whole new products? Are they planning on just going on being a relatively minor product supplier (as you might perhaps describe them so far) or are they hoping to consolidate into a more substantial company? In short, will the company still look much the same in 5 years?

Have you emailed them requesting that this is covered at the AGM?

simla
10-06-2016, 12:04 PM
You may assume I have not lost the ability to consider obvious choices yet, Emearg :)

emearg
10-06-2016, 12:17 PM
You may assume I have not lost the ability to consider obvious choices yet, Emearg :)

And you can be sure I will assume nothing! :)

simla
10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Emearg. :)

You will gather that I am - as always when I post here - attempting to find out whether my analysis of the available public information matches how other people interpret it. In this case I am trying to figure out whether it is just me who is starting to feel this way. Feel free to disagree. I never claim a monopoly on truth. I am always careful to explain why I think what I do and I am always pleased to hear others putting another point of view.

Gunny
10-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Just visited a "Bin In" in Wellington that was selling Honeyblis throat and Oral Health supplied by Honey and CO Nutraceuticals Ltd.

He complained he was running out, could not get a big order filled (not sure what big is, could be two boxes) and was told the company had been sold? Can anyone enlighten me, too lazy to DMOR today.

Gunny

emveha
11-06-2016, 02:15 AM
Looks like it, http://honeyblis.co.nz/ now redirects to Blis' web site.