PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

drcjp
11-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Looks like it, http://honeyblis.co.nz/ now redirects to Blis' web site.

About time. I could never figure out why Blis isn't on the supermarket shelf next to the Strepsils. I know the shelf space costs etc. versus direct web sales but convenience and ad hoc sales will cover that. Hopefully Blis will be on every shelf soon, and not just in the Bin-Inn. That simple move would double sales O/N imho. Its a strategy they should have done years ago.

simla
13-06-2016, 10:17 PM
He complained he was running out

It's for sale in Australia now. Probably logistics? Wonder where else they intend to sell it. http://www.plunketts.com.au/by-brand/honeyblis/

forest
14-06-2016, 07:25 AM
It's for sale in Australia now. Probably logistics? Wonder where else they intend to sell it. http://www.plunketts.com.au/by-brand/honeyblis/DIRECTIONS:

Suck slowly, do not chew. Maximum 4 per day.

Good to see honeyblis being promoted, does anybody know why they recommend a maximum of 4 honeyblis a day ???

janner
14-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Good to see honeyblis being promoted,

In this part of the world BLIS advertisements are constantly popping up onscreen..

QOH
14-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Just visited a "Bin In" in Wellington that was selling Honeyblis throat and Oral Health supplied by Honey and CO Nutraceuticals Ltd.

He complained he was running out, could not get a big order filled (not sure what big is, could be two boxes) and was told the company had been sold? Can anyone enlighten me, too lazy to DMOR today.

Gunny
They sell them in Hardy's Healthshop in Paraparaumu evidently they are popular.

simla
14-06-2016, 09:41 PM
So, moving on.

I've posted recently that I wish we had more detail. The company itself is "upbeat", but I wish I had enough detail to be able to decide for myself as a shareholder whether to be upbeat. Nobody much has agreed with me on that, on the other hand. Maybe the AGM will help.

But in any case, we nevertheless have the company saying they are "upbeat", " I am positive about results in coming years.” , "operating cash surplus for the final quarter of the [last financial] year" https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/282826, and the annual report saying the company expects to "record a net profit after tax" [this financial year] and predicting revenue "in excess of $8m".

So, regardless of whether we could have more detail, the company itself is talking very positively.

Yet the share price is about where it was last Christmas.

What to make of this?

Ghost Monkey
14-06-2016, 10:53 PM
I will assume that you've read the latest annual report. Seems to me that there is enough juicy info to sink your teeth into.

-Projected revenue of over $8 million next year, with a profit expected (for the first time),
-various trials underway, or recently completed, with positive results, plus the all important Chinese study by Sinopharm due to report next year
-launch of first branded product in Australia due next year with "significant potential"
-co-branded products to launch in Japan next year
-launch of more products into Europe following a successful launch of Bactoblis
-recently achieving GRAS and the ok from Health Canada for products containing K12

and all of this is preceded by some impressive growth percentages over the past year on existing products/ingredient sales (Europe up 155%, NA up 121%, Australasia up 70%)

Just to name a few of the points they made. I felt pretty satisfied with the level of detail. They didn't say much about what their 'product development' was but that's no surprise.

The big question is over their expenses. These will have to grow, but slower or faster than their revenue??? Uncertainty on this front probably holding the SP back? But the current SP values the company at 6 times it's current revenue so I would think that they'll have to report more positive sales growth before it heads north. Perhaps towards the end of the year we'll know more about this (so far) elusive profit they hope to achieve. And if Sinopharm reports a positive test result and China is opened up next year then we may just achieve lift-off.

Disc. I'll buy that growth story, recently acquired a small holding

simla
15-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Disagreement. Excellent!

I genuinely come here to learn others' opinions. I put up an opinion and very much hope to hear the opposing view. Discussion is healthy and the foundation stone of society.

You take the opposite view and that's great. BLT is an interesting situation presently and it surprises me that people aren't discussing it much. Is it on a cusp or just ticking over? Hence my interest in whether there is enough information to make careful decisions in such an interesting space.

So thanks.

ddrone
16-06-2016, 12:13 PM
And... here's the update you were looking for.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/237641.pdf

simla
16-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes! A shareholder update. Fantastic! https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/284158

More communication is always better. And that was something close to a road map maybe? Ask and ye shall receive?

"it is important to stop every now and then and acknowledge that positive things are happening and that the hard work is delivering results". That's heartening.

"I trust that you will find this update informative and useful ". Yes, from me at least. Thank you very much indeed. That really made my day.

If BLT intend to keep upping the communication, and using words like upbeat, then I think this share is going to be a very interesting one to follow from here on in.

Wow. Great.

simla
16-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Well, as I read that, the road map is to consolidate to be strong enough to sustain the growth, and then to see how much faster they can go? Well, that's pretty useful information. Pretty sensible plan too. For myself, that gave me the framework I have been trying to figure out to understand what to expect next.

pierre
16-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Yes! A shareholder update. Fantastic! https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/284158

More communication is always better. And that was something close to a road map maybe? Ask and ye shall receive?

"it is important to stop every now and then and acknowledge that positive things are happening and that the hard work is delivering results". That's heartening.

"I trust that you will find this update informative and useful ". Yes, from me at least. Thank you very much indeed. That really made my day.

If BLT intend to keep upping the communication, and using words like upbeat, then I think this share is going to be a very interesting one to follow from here on in.

Wow. Great.

Yes - good work from the Chairman and new CEO - may there be more of it.

Mr Market likes the news too - up 9% right now.

I'm sure it's onwards and upwards from here.

Ghost Monkey
16-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Not much new as far as I can see. May have to wait until the AGM for any new details re. new products and markets. The overall message here seems to be one of a company that, having established a niche brand, is now looking at improving its marketing, distribution and sales to accelerate growth.

simla
16-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Not much new as far as I can see.

Possibly so. But, for me, that contained the all important "you are here" marker. I've really been trying to understand that for a while now.

RGR367
16-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Read the update announcement and cannot help but notice the tone and diction somehow resemble the style on how simla would voice out his opinion on this thread :) Simla, you're still a shareholder and not employed yet by BLT, right?

simla
16-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Don't worry, my friend. I am 100% kosher. I seem to get asked that every few years.

However, I would not agree that that is my style. In fact, that is not a style I particularly recognise from previous BLT announcements either, so it would appear to be a deliberate new style of communication? I am starting to wonder if the mere fact of more open and upbeat communication will itself transform this share maybe? All very interesting anyway.

simla
16-06-2016, 01:11 PM
I'd have to say that that really scratched my itch. I finally understand why they are doing what they are doing presently, and I have found that pretty confusing for nearly a year now.

The lack of detail on market plans, and the unexpected expenditure, is now explained by the present concentration on internal strengthening in preparation for strong growth to (hopefully) follow. I simply had not picked up on that explanation before.

I am very grateful for that update.

simla
16-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Peace finally descends on the House of Simla once more!

"Optimistic" is definitely back on the table. I may even have to jettison that eventually for something more ... upbeat?

Leftfield
16-06-2016, 01:41 PM
I'd have to say that that really scratched my itch. I finally understand why they are doing what they are doing presently.

I agree, I greatly appreciate the info update and the moves being made (quality/logistics/packaging etc.) IMHO Much depends on the new CEO, and so far he is measuring up.

Happy to remain a longterm holder of this stock.

GR8DAY
16-06-2016, 01:51 PM
.........yes all-in-all a more than satisfactory maiden announcement by our Mr. Watson (I presume). Excellent. Finally a solid plan to take us forward......just as expected from a new CEO. New blood to build on the solid foundation of hard research and marketing already in place. Wow! cant wait to see even better results from here on in. This really has some legs and potential now........who knows where to from here. Yes SIMLA i think you are perfectly entitiled to start using "UPBEAT" now in your commentaries.

simla
16-06-2016, 01:51 PM
I've only just noticed that the attached pdf was different than the announcement, which is unusual on the NZX for that type of announcement. So read it anyone else who did not notice.

It contained a very reassuring letter from our new CEO. Including the words, " One cannot underestimate [overestimate? :)] the value of going to see exactly what is happening in markets." I so agree, I have always been an advocate of Management By Walking Around. Very underrated by way too many managers.

Also confirmation that Blis has taken in Honeyblis.

simla
16-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Yes SIMLA i think you are perfectly entitiled to start using "UPBEAT" now in your commentaries.

I confess I am coming around to your very positive point of view finally, Gr8day. You seem to have been on the nail all along.

GR8DAY
16-06-2016, 02:03 PM
.......cheers SIMLA! Also very comforting knowing Mr Watson has taken up 5,500,000 share himself. Not to be sniffed at. ($165,000) Great to see and welcome to the club Brian........lets now see you turn that into say $300k by good management, growth and ultimately a superior return on capital (profits)!! Well done thus far.

simla
16-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Well done thus far.
Yes, that letter was my first glimpse of our new CEO's intentions. It certainly looked pretty clever and thought through. Thanks for communicating.

simla
16-06-2016, 02:10 PM
.return on capital (profits)!!
Yes, we are finally seeing the word profit bandied about. I wonder when we will see a first token dividend? At 0.1 cents a share - hey, that is way better than zero - that would be about a million dollars, but less in cash if they can use tax credits (I think). I wonder when that might finally happen?

RGR367
16-06-2016, 02:23 PM
They really have to improve on the marketing side as I've just visited 3 pharmacies today (Wellington) and couldn't find a single bottle of M18. I'll be forced to buy it now online with additional $5 delivery charge for orders under $70 :(
Though having said that, I'm topping up on my holdings still and once more breaking the limit of what I have budgeted on so called "start ups". I know this is an old company but it still struggling and moving like it was just starting to find a new set of feet now :p

GR8DAY
16-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes, we are finally seeing the word profit bandied about. I wonder when we will see a first token dividend? At 0.1 cents a share - hey, that is way better than zero - that would be about a million dollars, but less in cash if they can use tax credits (I think). I wonder when that might finally happen?

........small maiden profit this year (2017)....yah! Any profit will be welcome and worthy of celebration for sure ah SIMLA? (perhaps they should think about doing a special K12 brew with bubbles in it for when the time comes? (when NOT if) I dont think any tax will have to be paid for many years to come.....but hope Im wrong!

Leftfield
16-06-2016, 02:35 PM
They really have to improve on the marketing side as I've just visited 3 pharmacies today (Wellington) and couldn't find a single bottle of M18.:(

I've never been impressed by the 'Bliss M18' type names. I want a name that reflects the products benefits. That's why I like the moves to group BLT products via Trade Marked labelling such as 'Bliss Throat guard, Bliss Toddler Protect, Bliss Travel Guard' etc etc.

If they can come this far with shonky marketing, imagine the potential as they improve their marketing, quality control, and logistics.

simla
16-06-2016, 02:48 PM
That Shareholder Update was cleverly constructed. It was labelled "June 2016", suggesting an intention to release them fairly regularly. If that is the marketing to the shareholders, then indeed it promises well for the marketing to the customers.

brucea
16-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Wow - let's hope Blis continues it's progress under the new CEO! I was in at the beginning (did I REALLY pay $1 a share way back then - or am I still in denial?) Presently I am about 16% down as I continued to top up over the years. I use the product myself and am a long term investor. I flew down to Dunedin for an annual meeting at the time Blis was excited about a chewing gum line that had been released (as I recall) in Canada - although I don't think that product was successful. If the China market takes off that WILL be exciting times for Blis!

GR8DAY
16-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Wow - let's hope Blis continues it's progress under the new CEO! I was in at the beginning (did I REALLY pay $1 a share way back then - or am I still in denial?) Presently I am about 16% down as I continued to top up over the years. I use the product myself and am a long term investor. I flew down to Dunedin for an annual meeting at the time Blis was excited about a chewing gum line that had been released (as I recall) in Canada - although I don't think that product was successful. If the China market takes off that WILL be exciting times for Blis!

......WOW that's some averaging down BRUCEA! Congrats for hanging in there m8, that really must've taken some faith. Anyway I think you are now about to be well rewarded for your patience. $1 a share ah? Cant imagine we'll ever see that price again but 10c is a distinct possibility the way we are tracking? May I be so bold also to suggest (for the techy folk out there) that the Blis SP chart has to be now showing a sustained UP-TREND that shouldnt be ignored.......in other words "Mr. Market is really liking what he's hearing..........me too!!!

simla
16-06-2016, 04:01 PM
$1 a share ah? Cant imagine we'll ever see that price again
Thought you were upbeat, Gr8day ? :)

Every shareholder seems to have just had that update emailed to them. Can anyone else confirm that they got it?

brucea
16-06-2016, 04:08 PM
......WOW that's some averaging down BRUCEA! Congrats for hanging in there m8, that really must've taken some faith. Anyway I think you are now about to be well rewarded for your patience. $1 a share ah? Cant imagine we'll ever see that price again but 10c is a distinct possibility the way we are tracking? May I be so bold also to suggest (for the techy folk out there) that the Blis SP chart has to be now showing a sustained UP-TREND that shouldn't be ignored.......in other words "Mr. Market is really liking what he's hearing..........me too!!!
Over the years friends have sniggered over me for holding on to my Blis shares ... but then they did that when I bought Xero shares at the beginning! I am not being smug though as there were a number of other shares (too embarrassed to identify them!!) that have gone down the gurgler (OK, OK I will name one - Power Beat hahaha) and (ahem) WDT, WYN, SNK, PEP..... :(

huxley
16-06-2016, 04:14 PM

Every shareholder seems to have just had that update emailed to them. Can anyone else confirm that they got it?

Just checked my email and have been sent the update as well.

pierre
16-06-2016, 04:17 PM

Yep - got mine about 10 minutes ago.

The transformation of BLT from a "science" company to a "marketing" company is underway and will require the investment of more than a few dollars. The tidying up of their branding is a great first step but it's only the start.

However, it seems like our new CEO is the right man for the next phase of the business. I'll be quite happy if they invest the profits for the next year or two in market and product development as long that's followed by significant rises in annual revenue.

Dividends can wait a little while longer provided the SP rises in line with the business growth.

I can definitely see 10 cents a share on the horizon in a year or three.
A $1.00 SP might follow an eventual share consolidation - 1.1 billion shares is quite a lot to look after!

simla
16-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Over the years friends have sniggered over me for holding on to my Blis shares

Tell me about it! One of my relatives even went to the grave convinced I was a complete idiot based on that fact alone. Yes, that hurt. The living will presumably revise their opinions in time. As they say, the pioneers are the ones with arrows in their backs.

TideMan
16-06-2016, 04:33 PM
My letter says the CEO bought 5,500,000 shares at 0.0299 cents per share. How come he got them at 1/100th of what everyone else would have paid for them?

simla
16-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Part of the pay package presumably. Saves BLT some cash while giving him an incentive. The maths of his disclosure notice works better if you assume they meant 2.99 cents, which may well have been the market price at the time they made the commitment.

pierre
16-06-2016, 04:39 PM
My letter says the CEO bought 5,500,000 shares at 0.0299 cents per share. How come he got them at 1/100th of what everyone else would have paid for them?

Not quite 1/100th - he paid 2.99cents per share which equates to $164,450. Not sure what the price was on the day of the transaction but he's probably been given around 10% discount from market.

I'm sure he will be working to maximise his return - and ours - over the next five and half years so he can repay the loan and still have 5.5 million shares, or more.

TideMan
16-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Not quite 1/100th - he paid 2.99cents per share which equates to $164,450.
No, my letter says 0.0299 cents per share.

simla
16-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Here is the actual disclosure notice posted on June 2 confirming the maths Pierre has quoted. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/236818.pdf They made the same mistake there, but it clearly states that the 5.5m was purchased for $164,450, which is 0.0299 dollars per share.

huxley
16-06-2016, 04:47 PM

5.5m was purchased for $164,450 ... seems legit

pierre
16-06-2016, 04:48 PM

OK - they missed the $ sign from the number. The loan is for $164,450 which is 5.5 million shares at $0.0299 or 2.99 cents each.

patrick
16-06-2016, 08:35 PM
No comment about the expectation of small profit in near future so, by implication, the profit is all but guaranteed.
Very significant IMO

pedro.nz
16-06-2016, 09:24 PM

Yes, I can confirm receiving an emailed update Simla

simla
16-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Thanks.

I think the general message of the last few pages of posts is a feeling of considerable satisfaction with both the form and content of that update. Well done for sending that out, Blis. It will be interesting to see how the market goes, and the AGM just 6 weeks away too.

Leftfield
17-06-2016, 09:11 AM
BLT is one company where my shareholding was purchased at an average price lower than the CEO's holding. That's got to be a good sign!

pierre
17-06-2016, 10:13 AM
OK - they missed the $ sign from the number. The loan is for $164,450 which is 5.5 million shares at $0.0299 or 2.99 cents each.

Someone from BLT has been reading ST. They've just confirmed the typo in yesterday's letter about the CEO's shares. The price is 2.99 cents per shar

Harvey Specter
17-06-2016, 10:27 AM
BLT is one company where my shareholding was purchased at an average price lower than the CEO's holding. That's got to be a good sign!Only difference is his were purchased with a loan which is probably limited recourse (ie. only secured against the shares which provides him complete downside potential, and leveraged upside potential. Nothing wrong with that per se)

blissfool
19-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Only difference is his were purchased with a loan which is probably limited recourse (ie. only secured against the shares which provides him complete downside potential, and leveraged upside potential. Nothing wrong with that per se)

great to see an announcement from the usually quiet group of people at Blis, some of us have been asking for regular updates for years hopefully this is going to be a regular thing. Albeit that this was a PR statement from the new bloke with lots of marketing jargon like "beach heads", there was however nothing new here apart from his share options which I think is perfectly acceptable for his position. It was a 5 page introduction based around historical info that had already been communicated just fluffed up. Where was the update on first quarter sales with specifics on growth areas against last year.
I'm a big blis fan with a lot of skin in the game for a long time, everything is going in the right direction at last, but the previous 2 updates have added nothing new! Should we be concerned?

simla
20-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Should we be concerned?
After all these years, the question remains the same! Well, I suppose the share price would be somewhat better if we knew the future.

As I've explained over my last few posts, I personally think the balance of probability is on the upside - but that's just my personal view. Yes, we know less about what is going on (or so I think, and you seem to be saying) but on the other hand the company is willing to make public statements that things are looking good. So the change is part bad, part good. As well, the explanation of the current plan does seem consistent with what we are seeing, to my eye anyway. Obviously it will also take a couple of years at least for we shareholders to develop a feeling for how the new CEO uses adjectives compared to the events that follow. Everybody has their own communication style, and we need time to get used to a new one perhaps. It is obviously a very different style of communication than we have had from BLT before, which is a complication for us in our considerations at this stage.

We'll know the answer to your question later, and not before, alas. It remains complicated for shareholders to make a call on the future. For myself, I have decided that the willingness of the company to be publicly positive is probably worth giving weight to. They don't have to say that stuff, after all. Blis watching remains interesting though. No boring certainty for us!

Just my two cents' worth. Others will no doubt disagree. I'm not sure the AGM will provide too many new answers unless they are willing to forecast forwards a bit, since we really want to know the bottom line in a couple of years, which simply cannot be known now. We might perhaps assume that the last update implied no new bad news that they should have mentioned?

pierre
20-06-2016, 11:13 AM
After all these years, the question remains the same! Well, I suppose the share price would be somewhat better if we knew the future.

As I've explained over my last few posts, I personally think the balance of probability is on the upside - but that's just my personal view. Yes, we know less about what is going on (or so I think, and you seem to be saying) but on the other hand the company is willing to make public statements that things are looking good. So the change is part bad, part good. As well, the explanation of the current plan does seem consistent with what we are seeing, to my eye anyway. Obviously it will also take a couple of years at least for we shareholders to develop a feeling for how the new CEO uses adjectives compared to the events that follow. Everybody has their own communication style, and we need time to get used to a new one perhaps. It is obviously a very different style of communication than we have had from BLT before, which is a complication for us in our considerations at this stage.

We'll know the answer to your question later, and not before, alas. It remains complicated for shareholders to make a call on the future. For myself, I have decided that the willingness of the company to be publicly positive is probably worth giving weight to. They don't have to say that stuff, after all. Blis watching remains interesting though. No boring certainty for us!

Just my two cents' worth. Others will no doubt disagree. I'm not sure the AGM will provide too many new answers unless they are willing to forecast forwards a bit, since we really want to know the bottom line in a couple of years, which simply cannot be known now. We might perhaps assume that the last update implied no new bad news that they should have mentioned?

I think the picture is pretty clear with BLT.

There is nothing wrong with their science (GRAS approval and all that) or any of their products (they are selling them already and have told us this year they will make a maiden profit).

As I mentioned in an earlier post the transformation of BLT from a "science" company to a "marketing" company is underway. That is going to be the key to their success and we have a new CEO who understands that side of the business.

I'm completely confident of a hugely positive outcome for BLT over the next 2-3 years but the key questions in my mind are:
a) do they have sufficient funds for branding/marketing to grow key markets?
b) how much longer will it take to get approvals for China?

So far, there is no indication that they will be tapping shareholders for more funds so hopefully the cash flow and profitability will support their growth strategies. China has been in the wind for quite some time so maybe we might get some positive news this year - that will be the catalyst for a major shift upwards for the company and the SP.

I've been a shareholder and supporter since 2005 and have topped up during the lows so my average cost is 1.8c. Like blissfool I have plenty of skin in the BLT game too, so naturally I'm positively biased about the prospects. However, I think the evidence supports that position and there are blissful days ahead for patient shareholders.

huxley
20-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Just a quick question - did anyone else receive the recent announcements by post today? I checked with Linked and can see I'm set up for online communication only. Just thought I'd try and save some trees (not to mention company resources!) since I'd already received and read this information via email.

simla
21-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Not me, anyway.

simla
23-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I've just realised that long term shareholders have now achieved one of our two aims.

We've stood by the company through many long tough years until the company is now a viable long term entity, a valuable asset for NZ and for the world. I say that based on the profit prediction and the already positive cash flow for operations in the last quarter.

Well done, chaps. Pat ourselves firmly on the back. Yes, the company has done a mountain of work, but you still need tough shareholders for tough times. We were there.

Now we await our second objective, to profit from it. However, those of us long term holders who stood by the company in its darkest hour, when it had to issue shares for a mere 0.7 cents, are obviously already showing a comfortable profit from that decision.

Three cheers for Blis's long term supporters.

Leftfield
23-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Now we await our second objective, to profit from it. However, those of us long term holders who stood by the company in its darkest hour, when it had to issue shares for a mere 0.7 cents, are obviously already showing a comfortable profit from that decision.

Three cheers for Blis's long term supporters.

Thanks Simla, maybe I'm not as long term as you, however, as my BLT holding cost an average of 2c, on current prices I'm already up 60%. Nicely positioned. Consider this a great long term hold and watching carefully. Interested to hear how others are faring.

RGR367
23-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks Simla, maybe I'm not as long term as you, however, as my BLT holding cost an average of 2c, on current prices I'm already up 60%. Nicely positioned. Consider this a great long term hold and watching carefully. Interested to hear how others are faring.

Finally looped into the story and became a shareholder only late last year. Paper appreciation on what I'm holding is already a good 13%. As before, TY Guys for your long term faith on it but I'm still putting on myself a 3 year wait on this one for a final verdict. May it come sooner or clearer for all of us :)

GR8DAY
23-06-2016, 03:58 PM
......well welcome aboard RG367, you newbie you! (not quite) ....Makes me feel like an OLDIE, but really only a medium term holder of 4-5yrs at a guess. Not sure what my average buy in price would be now as I continue to accumulate. Did a little trading along the way but not any longer.......TRUE BELIEVER NOW! The outlook really just gets better and better for BLIS .......as I read it anyway. I hope that this will be one of those shares that in say 5yrs time they might be (should be) trading in the 20-30c range, people will be saying "you paid what? for those shares" or my wife will be saying "I told you to buy millions at 2.5 or 3.5c".........(little does deary know Ive been listening this time and doing just that)........buying millions!! ( oh please God let me be right} Very happy holder anyway and looking forward to that profit announcement directors .......and the party that follows!

Gizzajob I can do that
23-06-2016, 04:47 PM
......well welcome aboard RG367, you newbie you! (not quite) ....Makes me feel like an OLDIE, but really only a medium term holder of 4-5yrs at a guess. Not sure what my average buy in price would be now as I continue to accumulate. Did a little trading along the way but not any longer.......TRUE BELIEVER NOW! The outlook really just gets better and better for BLIS .......as I read it anyway. I hope that this will be one of those shares that in say 5yrs time they might be (should be) trading in the 20-30c range, people will be saying "you paid what? for those shares" or my wife will be saying "I told you to buy millions at 2.5 or 3.5c".........(little does deary know Ive been listening this time and doing just that)........buying millions!! ( oh please God let me be right} Very happy holder anyway and looking forward to that profit announcement directors .......and the party that follows!

Id take that, you can do a lot worse buying other stocks, may buy some more come divvy season

simla
23-06-2016, 06:49 PM
It really is a curious situation. Logic says things are really looking up. But 15 years of history says, be very cautious. It is ridiculously difficult to just take things at face value at this point.

GR8DAY
24-06-2016, 10:19 AM
It really is a curious situation. Logic says things are really looking up. But 15 years of history says, be very cautious. It is ridiculously difficult to just take things at face value at this point.

.........gotta stop looking in that rear vision mirror SIMLA! Not sure what you mean by "curious situation".........personally Im only optimistic and excited about where things are at now, esp under new leadership and I expect new enthusiasm. We have to be in the best growth phase now in the history of BLIS.......just look back a little if you must (say 2-3yrs).........very little negatives and fantastic revenue growth.

brucea
24-06-2016, 10:47 AM

I agree too Simla - I also remain cautious given Blis's history although I think the shares would be in very positive territory if the Chinese market finally became available to Blis products.

Leftfield
24-06-2016, 10:55 AM
My thoughts in a pic. A nice trend developing but needs some positive news to break out above current support line.

simla
24-06-2016, 12:18 PM
.........gotta stop looking in that rear vision mirror SIMLA!

I agree too Simla

And that's it, two points of view. Every fibre of my being is telling me you are right, Gr8day. And yet ...

I'll probably feel more positive if we see positive cash flow all this year.

RGR367
24-06-2016, 01:38 PM
And that's it, two points of view. Every fibre of my being is telling me you are right, Gr8day. And yet ...

I'll probably feel more positive if we see positive cash flow all this year.

Yeah, 2 points of view yet exactly saying forget the past simla. Gut feel is strong on this making it from this point.

simla
24-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Okay, great to hear your confidence.

Apathy
29-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Its a very good product and a $3m increase in sales is impressive - the challenge they have is they need another $3m increase this year just to break even (the $3m increase only dropped 20% margin)

They are making noises about supply chain and capacity - good problems to have but may require cash injection if can't find third party manufacturer.

Cash call will dilute further and as it stands today they need to be generating around $2m profit to justify current share price (and thats on a growth PE)

Ghost Monkey
29-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Another $3m is exactly what they are forecasting to make. It's trying to figure out what the costs of achieving that are going to be.

They seem to think they have enough cash on hand for the time being though.

patrick
29-06-2016, 03:30 PM
The recent releases from the Chairman and CEO are evidence, surely, that "a small profit will be made' and that there will be no requirement for shareholders to provide funds in the near future.
My chemist had run out of product yesterday but was aware of the Canadian research claiming a connection between poor oral health and breast cancer.
Pat

Apathy
29-06-2016, 05:19 PM
The recent releases from the Chairman and CEO are evidence, surely, that "a small profit will be made' and that there will be no requirement for shareholders to provide funds in the near future.
My chemist had run out of product yesterday but was aware of the Canadian research claiming a connection between poor oral health and breast cancer.
Pat

There isn't a lot of headway left given cash burn but if they can get it profitable then it will open up other funding options outside of shareholders so probably a fair call.

Gizzajob I can do that
01-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Finally Blis gets back to its pre Brexit price and possibly better by days end

blissfool
02-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Finally Blis gets back to its pre Brexit price and possibly better by days end

Interesting surge in price on a random Friday, after a flat couple of weeks.

somebody knows something?

pierre
02-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Interesting surge in price on a random Friday, after a flat couple of weeks.

somebody knows something?

Yep, nice to see the SP move up though on pretty low volume.

I doubt that anyone "knows anything" - probably just holders hanging on until the ASM at the end of the month.

I've decided to fly down for the meeting this year. It will be interesting to eyeball the new MD and to hear the update from him on how he sees things tracking this year.

I'm happy to ask questions at the meeting on behalf of any holders. Best let me have them on here so others can see them, but ok to PM me if you prefer.

I'll post an update after the event.

Pierre

Leftfield
02-07-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm happy to ask questions at the meeting on behalf of any holders. Best let me have them on here so others can see them, but ok to PM me if you prefer.

Pierre

Much appreciated Pierre, I for one look forward to your reports.

simla
04-07-2016, 05:54 AM
Yes, I have questions if you have an opportunity.

The company is showing a new intention to communicate with shareholders and that is great, and I am grateful. So far we have learnt that they are upbeat, welcome news. And that they are spending money internally to gear up for the future, again welcome knowledge as that explains the large increase in costs.

However, there is still much to communicate. Presently there are still quite big questions outstanding:

FUTURE. They are gearing up, so that is presumably for some sort of actual expected future. Great, but what future DO they hope for over the next few years? Please share that with us. Personally I feel almost completely blind on this question presently, which is the root of my recent reservations at celebrating too much. Just what future are we actually waiting for now? The old future has been achieved now, so what is the new future? (I have a suspicion they are aiming big, but they are not saying so if so, for example.)

COSTS. It will be so tempting to just keep throwing increasing revenue at investment in future growth. Where do they intend to draw the line between future investment versus showing profits and dividends?

FOOD. The company is concentrating on finished goods they tell us. So, are supermarket-level goods now off the agenda, such as yoghurt, chocolate milk, drinks, ice cream, biscuits, etc? I say this because BLT clearly has no capacity to manufacture to supply the world's supermarkets. (Or is there a plan for that?) And if not supermarket-level, then what sort of products are instead in the plan for moving forward with GRAS? Obviously I have been seeing supermarket-level goods as potentially very high volume sellers.

ASIA. Clearly all of Asia is proving a very hard nut to crack. Is the company now taking a longer term view on that or is there an intention to keep trying to improve things in the shorter term? Does the company have a view on why Asia is so difficult?

Clearly BLT Is changing into quite a different sort of beast now. Presumably a bigger and more powerful beast. But although I can see the change happening, yet I really cannot see what the result might look like. Can we flesh out the new dream more please?

simla
04-07-2016, 06:54 AM
It will be interesting to see how the intention to communicate extends into a Q&A session.

I remember attending a sex education evening at the age of 12. We were solemnly assured that the seed passed from the male to the female, and that a baby resulted. Up went my hand. How did it do that, I asked? The reply: Next Question! He might have been wiser to answer, since one of the girls "went away for a few months" a few years later, having presumably finally learnt the answer.

Meetings keep the communication channels of the world open. However, my own health does not offer me that choice. It will be interesting to hear your feedback.

artemis
04-07-2016, 06:33 PM
I'd be interested to know how the company sees retail pricing of products going forward. Are they in the R&D recovery phase now, with prices expected to reduce with economies of scale and R&D recovered?

Prices seem high to me, though I don't have any knowledge of manufacturing costs.

Also interested to know what keeps the directors awake at night - ie top risks.

fungus pudding
04-07-2016, 07:08 PM
It will be interesting to see how the intention to communicate extends into a Q&A session.

I remember attending a sex education evening at the age of 12. We were solemnly assured that the seed passed from the male to the female, and that a baby resulted. Up went my hand. How did it do that, I asked? The reply: Next Question!

You should have found a ten year old at school the next day and asked him or her.:D

simla
05-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Were you 10 at the time then, FP? I'd have asked if I'd realised you were there. :)

JP
05-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Re AGM Pierre.

Could you ask if the company has any plans to use the Chinese Alibaba site to market its products. Thanks.

stef
05-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Re AGM Pierre.

Could you ask if the company has any plans to use the Chinese Alibaba site to market its products. Thanks.

Great question.
Also like to hear any feedback from the Chinese directors

pierre
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Looks like I might be holding the floor at the meeting for quite some with all these questions flooding in.

I think I'll put them in an email to the Chairman a week before the meeting so he can do some research and ensure we get answers to as many as possible. The meeting is on the 29th so last questions in by Thursday 20th please.

I presume you finally found the answer to your sex-ed question Simla - but if not, do let me know if you'd like me to include that one in the email to the chair as well!

fungus pudding
05-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Were you 10 at the time then, FP? I'd have asked if I'd realised you were there. :)

Way back when I was 10, you weren't allowed to know such things until you turned 85.:t_up:

simla
05-07-2016, 02:53 PM
do let me know if you'd like me to include that one in the email to the chair as well!

Hey, why not? Who knows what answer we would get from a biotech company! Maybe we'll all finally hear the right answer, 85 or not.

GR8DAY
05-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Looks like I might be holding the floor at the meeting for quite some with all these questions flooding in.

I think I'll put them in an email to the Chairman a week before the meeting so he can do some research and ensure we get answers to as many as possible. The meeting is on the 29th so last questions in by Thursday 20th please.

I presume you finally found the answer to your sex-ed question Simla - but if not, do let me know if you'd like me to include that one in the email to the chair as well!

.......good idea PIERRE. Lets try and get some real clarification of what the BIG plan is and especially if that's going to require more funds from us shareholders OR are things all OK in that regard? I would join you down there but I dont like small planes and my tinny might not be up to the crossing (apart from taking 3 weeks to get there)

Yoda
06-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Im glad they have taken off the amateur videos from the website. It says under construction, so i hope they get replaced with some good educational ones for people to understand how the product works and why they need them .
Nice to see the SP rise just before the meeting .... Small amounts , but improving. I made up a little certificate for 5000 of my shares for my daughter, to get her interested .she is a nurse, so understands the concept of health . Her kiwi-saver has made 10% in 5 yrs .... Terrible !!!!!

stoploss
06-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Im glad they have taken off the amateur videos from the website. It says under construction, so i hope they get replaced with some good educational ones for people to understand how the product works and why they need them .
Nice to see the SP rise just before the meeting .... Small amounts , but improving. I made up a little certificate for 5000 of my shares for my daughter, to get her interested .she is a nurse, so understands the concept of health . Her kiwi-saver has made 10% in 5 yrs .... Terrible !!!!!
I hope you have got her to switch funds and or managers .... Hard earned money should be looked after properly.... That doesn't even cover inflation .

Leftfield
06-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Depth looking very encouraging today......

pierre
06-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Depth looking very encouraging today......

Agreed - looks like BLT is hitting the radar of a few more buyers. Let's hope the SP trend continues and the news at the ASM at month-end doesn't disappoint. I don't believe it will - but you never know!

pierre
06-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Wow - up to 3.9cents. That's the highest for around 4 years.

Mr Market is obviously getting interested again and clearly anticipating a positive future for the company. I hope we receive some indication at the ASM of the expected level of profitability for the current year so the SP doesn't soar too high on expectation rather than reality.

However, if the profit forecast and the market development update are both in positive territory then a sustained re-rating is possible.
Maybe 10 cents a share in 3 years time could be a real possibility?

My substantial holding has now more than doubled in value and is reaching a rather alarming/exciting 20% of my portfolio. I know I should unload a few but I've been holding and accumulating for 10 years now and intend to continue to enjoy the ride on this roller coaster.

Whatever, the new MD will be a happy chappy. His holding purchased (with a loan) at 2.99 is looking good right now with a 30% gain - and he hasn't outlaid a cent to pay for them!

Golfer01
06-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Wow - up to 3.9cents. That's the highest for around 4 years.

Mr Market is obviously getting interested again and clearly anticipating a positive future for the company. I hope we receive some indication at the ASM of the expected level of profitability for the current year so the SP doesn't soar too high on expectation rather than reality.

However, if the profit forecast and the market development update are both in positive territory then a sustained re-rating is possible.
Maybe 10 cents a share in 3 years time could be a real possibility?

My substantial holding has now more than doubled in value and is reaching a rather alarming/exciting 20% of my portfolio. I know I should unload a few but I've been holding and accumulating for 10 years now and intend to continue to enjoy the ride on this roller coaster.

Whatever, the new MD will be a happy chappy. His holding purchased (with a loan) at 2.99 is looking good right now with a 30% gain - and he hasn't outlaid a cent to pay for them!

Having held BLT for over 15 years (secondary board) the last 3 months or so have been the most encouraging for me!! Having had soooooo many disappointments over the years and more recently seeing price support leading into past AGMs (now present) in anticipation of positive news I could say I'm a little "here we go again"!! But this time my optimism feels more positive than wishful... I wait to see!

pierre
06-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Well - an interesting day for us Blisfans. The SP ended up 8% at 4 cents - with the last lot on offer at that price being scooped up at the close. I really though it would be another 12 months before we hit that level so it's a very pleasant surprise.

There's not much volume currently for sale and the next lot are being offered at 4.3c, though I expect there will be a few profit takers on the board tomorrow.

Like Golfer01, I sure hope all this optimism is well-placed and we don't suffer remorse following the AGM.

In the meantime the roller coaster is roaring along in the right direction but I am buckled in and well prepared in for an exciting ride whatever the news is on 29 July.

Simla - I hope you've been watching today's action. Feeling better now?

simla
06-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Always cheering to see prices like that, Pierre.

However, I don't take especially much notice of the share price, more notice of fundamental mathematics. $1m profit at a PE of 15 is about 1.4 cents, at 25 is 2.3 cents, at 45 is 4.1 cents. Or that's what my maths says, check your own.

4 cents doesn't seem too big a stretch on currently available news, and may yet prove to be too little even now. But equally, the AGM might forecast a profit of just $0.1m for the present. I'm hoping for more though.

Real valuation will not happen until we get two years profit in a row. But at current revenue growth rates - pretty good - that may leave the share price looking in the rear view mirror. Or not. We don't know.

So, yes, definitely enjoying this. But I'm itching to get my feet down on to a solid mathematical footing finally. Then there should be little looking back and doubting. A good profit now would get us there quite quickly. A small profit means we are still just speculating for a while yet. Not that the NZ market has shown itself averse to big speculation in the past.

More cheering still would be a profit big enough to contemplate that dividends are foreseeable. Dividends really underpin a share price.

Yes, way happier days than days past. An actual profit will be happier still.

GR8DAY
07-07-2016, 10:03 AM
......better the price heading north for sure guys BUT it's all on pretty light volume without any REAL support there till back at 3.6c, so we'll have to wait and see. Not too worried myself either as I still see this is longterm evolution. However with more upbeat marketing and the obvious cost controls could equal great results (and dividends) in 2 or 3yrs.

hummerh40
07-07-2016, 02:58 PM
moving quite quickly now too. and volumes not bad either

ddrone
07-07-2016, 03:10 PM
A little too quickly perhaps?

winner69
07-07-2016, 03:13 PM
moving quite quickly now too. and volumes not bad either

Have PIE Funds finally cottoned on to the potential here?

stoploss
07-07-2016, 03:22 PM

What you reckon they slot it in the emerging companies fund ?

Golfer01
07-07-2016, 03:41 PM

A few punters are having a go.

Its going to be like a yoyo for the next 3 weeks....

artemis
07-07-2016, 03:46 PM

I asked them about NZ biotechs at their Wellington roadshow last week, I specifically mentioned BLT. Answer was they don't do biotechs because they don't understand them. Fair enough, they seem to do well enough sticking to their knitting.

pierre
07-07-2016, 05:26 PM

Absolutely. 4.7 cents and no news - seems pretty crazy to me!

stef
07-07-2016, 05:37 PM
No speeding ticket from the NZX?

NT001
07-07-2016, 05:49 PM
It only takes one buyer with an agenda of some kind, or playing a hunch. Volumes have been really very modest when you consider there are 1.1 billion shares on issue. The news has been good recently, and someone may have an inkling that some kind of deal is on the cards.

Gizzajob I can do that
07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
It only takes one buyer with an agenda of some kind, or playing a hunch. Volumes have been really very modest when you consider there are 1.1 billion shares on issue. The news has been good recently, and someone may have an inkling that some kind of deal is on the cards.

What news ?

NT001
07-07-2016, 06:14 PM
What news ? Nothing big, just that things have seemed to be trending in a positive direction.

blissfool
08-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Yep, nice to see the SP move up though on pretty low volume.

I doubt that anyone "knows anything" - probably just holders hanging on until the ASM at the end of the month.

I've decided to fly down for the meeting this year. It will be interesting to eyeball the new MD and to hear the update from him on how he sees things tracking this year.

Pierre

hi Peirre

can you ask for an update on first quarter sales for the current fin year
and an update on the Chinese trial and nz trail with cure kids mentioned in last years annual report.

thanks

jonu
08-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Nothing big, just that things have seemed to be trending in a positive direction.

Speeding ticket issued this morning. I guess it will get the standard response.

huxley
08-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Speeding ticket issued this morning. I guess it will get the standard response.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/239139.pdf

emveha
08-07-2016, 10:11 AM
There is no smoke without fire.

simla
08-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Those of us old enough to have had to light fires in the living room know all too well how easy it is to get smoke without fire!

The whole thing could actually simply be price discovery. The price was lower before, but so were the volumes. If you wanted a lot of shares, you might feel inclined to make a fuss to try to shake some out of the trees. After all, around 4m shares changed hands yesterday in response to the price rise. Or maybe it was something else.

simla
08-07-2016, 04:44 PM
No point in having an opinion on what that was about. Another million shares odd shaken out of the tree today, so it did all have an effect. But still small bikkies compared to the shares on offer. One day the market will presumably notice BLT.

Either way, the AGM is only a few weeks now, so it seems unlikely we'll be seeing the price move down any time soon. But anything is possible in the crazy world we live in. Volatile times elsewhere in the world, that's for sure.

Yoda
08-07-2016, 10:06 PM
There are not many places you can get shares at 4c in a company that's in an upward trend . If you know of any others, please share . People do seem to be waking up to probiotics and an up trend in organic living. Cancer research is very interesting lately with vit C making headlines again in cancer trials. It would be good to see these products take off before I retire in 8 yrs time . 50c by then anyone ?

Leftfield
09-07-2016, 03:09 AM
There are not many places you can get shares at 4c in a company that's in an upward trend . If you know of any others, please share . People do seem to be waking up to probiotics and an up trend in organic living. Cancer research is very interesting lately with vit C making headlines again in cancer trials. It would be good to see these products take off before I retire in 8 yrs time . 50c by then anyone ?

Agree Yoda, nice SP trend developing. Onwards and upwards. Nicely positioned.

patrick
09-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Every time I go to a Chemist I ask about Blis, and sales. Always the response is that "it a great product"' , "selling a lot", so have increased holding; to now more than the CEO.
Ask your chemist.
Patrick

Gizzajob I can do that
09-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Every time I go to a Chemist I ask about Blis, and sales. Always the response is that "it a great product"' , "selling a lot", so have increased holding; to now more than the CEO.
Ask your chemist.
Patrick

Yes Patrick, we are on a Journey, so dont stop believen

https://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0

simla
10-07-2016, 07:35 AM
I have realised that maybe I haven't made something clear in expressing my caution recently.

Up until now, I have been concerned for the company's future, as a startup struggled for a foothold. But it seems to have a foothold now. So my concerns are now less for the company than for the shareholders.

With increasing promise typically comes increasing volatility. We just saw a dramatic price change last week. And, with other stocks, NZ has shown itself capable of noticeable speculation on small companies. If that happened to BLT, then we could yet see some wild moves. Some of it could indeed be up. But disappointing news could see it downwards as well. As I say, increased volatility often comes with increased expectations.

In such circumstances, the more data available to shareholders the better. Faced with an emotional market, many of us shareholders would then feel better to have solid-rock facts to refer to. Company news.

So my constant caution is now from a shareholder point of view. I'd be very surprised if the company itself hit the rocks from here on in. But we shareholders are not the company. We also have our own interests to look to. For that, we need all the news we can get. Such is always the lot of shareholders. This entire site is about people scouring the news for more meaning about every company.

So maybe that explains the divergence between some of us on the topic of caution? I agree with you that things are looking up for the company. But I am more cautious about whether we shareholders are going to enjoy the ride in the shorter term future. The more news the better. For me, anyway. Which is why I am constantly harping on about news presently.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Balance
10-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Ask your chemist.
Patrick
just to get your thoughts going :

How often do you go to the Chemist? Ever strike you that chemists will always tell you the product you ask about is a great product? Goes towards a sale? They will be crazy to stock a product which they are not prepared to sell or are given heaps of incentives and margins to sell.

patrick
10-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Three times when restocking Blis. Spread the purchase so I could ask the questions.
Your point is valid; but risk an enquiry from your own Chemist.
Pat

Balance
10-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Three times when restocking Blis. Spread the purchase so I could ask the questions.
Your point is valid; but risk an enquiry from your own Chemist.
Pat

All good, Pat.

Genuinely hope BLT becomes a success after the years of toil and mishaps. NZ needs companies like BLT to succeed and light the way for other NZ companies to follow.

Leon
10-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Good to see Bliss on at our local Countdown Pharmacy. I wonder when it will reach Australian supermarket shelves? :)

misterx
10-07-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm an actual pharmacist and I have to say Blis is a great product clinically speaking. But I have never seen it selling really well, not yet anyways, and our pharmacy is both large in retail and dispensary. It seems people still have doubts about probiotics, its understandable as it is still fairly new type of product.
Love the product however as I am familiar with the professor who made it at Otago uni.

pierre
11-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Looks like last week's NZX speeding ticket for BLT has only encouraged punters to put feet on the accelerator again - up 11.6% to 4.8 as I write.

Must be expecting very good news at the end of the month!

artemis
11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm an actual pharmacist and I have to say Blis is a great product clinically speaking. But I have never seen it selling really well, not yet anyways, and our pharmacy is both large in retail and dispensary. It seems people still have doubts about probiotics, its understandable as it is still fairly new type of product.
Love the product however as I am familiar with the professor who made it at Otago uni.

Maybe more people are buying online direct (I do). Free postage worldwide, comparable prices, sign up for the newsletter and it's a 10% discount on first order.

Agree about probiotics, but also note that there seems to be a spike in media attention and books on the biome. Though not much about the mouth and throat specifically. Why not I wonder?

ohpark0119
11-07-2016, 04:23 PM
good to see the rising trend.

emveha
13-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Is it just me, or is Blis' investor web page the worst on the market?

Seriously ugly and impractical: http://blis.co.nz/resources/cat/investors

Would it be too much asking for a bit of effort there?

Grrr.

pierre
13-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Is it just me, or is Blis' investor web page the worst on the market?

Seriously ugly and impractical: http://blis.co.nz/resources/cat/investors

Would it be too much asking for a bit of effort there?

Grrr.

Agree - it's not the most beautiful web page in the world and a makeover would be nice - not at the expense of investing in sales and marketing activity though. I'd prefer BLT to go for a goal of reaching $10m revenue for the current year and worry about the investor page next year!

patrick
13-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks, perhaps I have been conned,as suggested.
Still confident, should have a contact n the dispatch department!
I imagine that if the upcoming Report is not very positive we will lose ground smartly,
Still very low volume so a few thousand dollars dictates.
Staying confident, with quite a bit a bit of skin
Pat

Brain
14-07-2016, 09:27 AM
No response yet to the price enquiry. Most companies respond within a couple of days. Are they undertaking a major investigation?

black knat
14-07-2016, 09:32 AM
No response yet to the price enquiry. Most companies respond within a couple of days. Are they undertaking a major investigation?

Response was received on the day.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/239139.pdf

simla
14-07-2016, 09:33 AM
You have to look at the nzx version of the news, not the emailed alert version. Two pdfs attached, one of which said BLT knew of nothing.

The disparity between text and pdf versions has been around for some time.The emailed alerts should have the pdf links. It has been quite some time now that this has been a problem.

Brain
14-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks gents. A trap for young players.

patrick
17-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Good news; Blis add on TV 1 Sunday 10.15pm.
Great that the Company has the funds for the add.
Pat

Chippie
18-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Yes just saw the add on TV1 at 7:50am

NeverQuestion
18-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Yes just saw the add on TV1 at 7:50am

What did you guys think of the ad?

simla
20-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I saw it last night. It is brief and understated but professional looking. Just a rather clinical graphic with a soothing voice over that communicates the main point easily. It will raise brand awareness and also give "authority" to those that need it before they buy things like that.

It was in keeping with the new packaging, being more in line with what the pharmaceutical companies project, which seems sensible.

patrick
20-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Could do no more in the time. A later one might refer to the web site and ordering online but it's a great start and evidence of the new broom!

Ghost Monkey
20-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Yep, Broom it on Baby!!!

Yoda
21-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Tomorrow will be interesting . Hope all goes well for us all, and look forward to good news ! SP LOOKING GOOD TODAY

Gizzajob I can do that
21-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Tomorrow will be interesting . Hope all goes well for us all, and look forward to good news ! SP LOOKING GOOD TODAY

So whats going on tomorrow buddy?

pierre
21-07-2016, 02:25 PM
So whats going on tomorrow buddy?

Nothing I know of.

I think Yoda might be referring to the ASM which is being held on Friday 29th - not tomorrow.

Gizzajob I can do that
21-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Nothing I know of.

I think Yoda might be referring to the ASM which is being held on Friday 29th - not tomorrow.

All good then, thought I might be missing something.
Thought the Chairman might have advised us of the tv ads on his last update.

patrick
21-07-2016, 03:45 PM
SP reaching 5c perhaps?

simla
21-07-2016, 04:24 PM
That would probably depend on what, if anything, they project as profit? The second half profit will do fine. If they expect at least half a million of bottom line profit for the second half - that is a million over a year - then the wind is probably still behind the sails. But less than that seems likely to slow the enthusiasm?

The last annual report gave "Net deficit before depreciation, amortisation, capitalisation of costs, finance and tax" of -$347k, with another 556k depreciation etc. We might perhaps ignore the $347k as about the same as the estimate of the cost of the hot weather problem, but there is still a 556k loss to start from.

To get to a $1m profit from there would seem like a fair step still? It may depend on exactly how much they want to spend on costs to keep things moving? Or maybe the market isn't looking for much profit, just momentum? Uncharted waters for BLT.

Yoda
21-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Ah yes , getting ahead of myself ! Good job i didn't book a ticket .

pierre
21-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Uncharted waters for BLT.

You're right Simla, but let's hope the captain lets us know on Friday 29th how many rocks and reefs he can see on the radar and which direction he'll be steering the ship over the next 12 months.

A cautious indication of the likely profit for FY17 will be good to get at the meeting. I think any investors expecting $1m or more are very optimistic. We might receive a pleasant surprise, but I doubt it will be anywhere near that level.

Half a mill and a positive outlook for the future will probably keep the market happy around the current SP. Anything less is highly likely to disappoint and we'll be on the roller coaster again.

pierre
22-07-2016, 10:13 AM
SP reaching 5c perhaps?

Hi Pat. Any chance of borrowing your crystal ball?

patrick
22-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Pierre
Yes certainly but u will have to pay hefty insurance to cover sudden breakage.
Pat

pierre
22-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Pierre
Yes certainly but u will have to pay hefty insurance to cover sudden breakage.
Pat

That wont be a problem Pat, if BLT keeps motoring ahead at the rate it's been moving over the past week or two!

I just hope the market expectation isn't racing too far ahead of reality. I guess we'll all know the situation next Friday - unless you can give your crystal ball a rub and let us know exactly what will be announced?

Cheers
Pierre

simla
22-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Even David Jones are opening their new store the day before, obviously to avoid being overshadowed by the news from Blis on Friday ... :)

patrick
22-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Pierre,
Light fading. hope to pay Contact tomorrow if I get a job tonight.
Will report, as available.
pat

patrick
24-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Light restored to the ball.

Gizzajob I can do that
25-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Light restored to the ball.

Come on man, tell us what you see!
Interestingly I saw a moon coming through the clouds in my tea leaves this morning, hopefully your vision will back this up or will it be a case of all Pigs fed and ready to fly.

PS I hope you didnt get that ball from the $2 shop

suse
25-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Pierre, if you are still planning on asking questions, I'd be interested to know what they are doing on animal probiotic research and marketing (I think they have done a trial). The market for pets is huge all around the world, and I know from my own experience that tooth decay in dogs is a costly business. Tap into the punters like me I say.

pierre
25-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Pierre, if you are still planning on asking questions, I'd be interested to know what they are doing on animal probiotic research and marketing (I think they have done a trial). The market for pets is huge all around the world, and I know from my own experience that tooth decay in dogs is a costly business. Tap into the punters like me I say.

I'm sending my questions today - will add that to the list.

Whitebeard
26-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Just in from Google alerts..

http://www.nzdoctor.co.nz/un-doctored/2016/july-2016/25/Minister-of-science-and-innovation-visits-Blis-Technologies-.aspx

Lewylewylewy
26-07-2016, 12:35 PM
It requires a login to view the article

simla
26-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Worked for me. Just another "hail fellow well met" sort of thing, typical ministerial visit of Joyce to Blis. But it is a press release raising the profile of the company, again indicating an intention of the company to do this sort of thing presumably.

From our point of view, maybe the following: "Mr Watson said Blis continues to invest heavily in its product pipeline spending over 10% of revenue on R&D. “That figure is high by New Zealand standards but it is the science backing our products that differentiates us in the markets we operate in.”

Also " showed Mr Joyce [the] potential various Blis strains have to assist lower government health costs by reducing the reliance on antibiotics. "

patrick
26-07-2016, 03:46 PM
This could be massive if it gets wide coverage.

pierre
26-07-2016, 04:03 PM
This could be massive if it gets wide coverage.

Yes - you'd better rush in to pick up the 2m shares currently on offer at 5.9 cents - otherwise the SP could have a 6 in front before you know it!

patrick
26-07-2016, 04:07 PM
That might be in breach of trading rules!

RGR367
26-07-2016, 04:16 PM
That might be in breach of trading rules!
And hopefully you're NOT into just "trading" this stock as we're in as investors for the long haul :cool: But no matter, GL to us all.

patrick
26-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Have not sold any since investing $15,000 in the 1cent issue years ago, when SP was above that!

neopoleII
26-07-2016, 08:05 PM
wow! blt worth $60,000,000 and never made a profit.
and it listed at $1 and trades now at 5cents.
good stuff!
a few more cents rise and it will overtake long term profit making and dividend paying companies.
who needs fundamentals when the power of a billion shares rises empty dreams.
all good for me ...... been waiting for over a decade to recoup my investment.

winner69
26-07-2016, 08:20 PM
wow! blt worth $60,000,000 and never made a profit.
and it listed at $1 and trades now at 5cents.
good stuff!
a few more cents rise and it will overtake long term profit making and dividend paying companies.
who needs fundamentals when the power of a billion shares rises empty dreams.
all good for me ...... been waiting for over a decade to recoup my investment.

Shareholders have pumped $37m into Blis over the years

Yes, the market cap now $61m

Not a bad bit of market value added there (even though they have lost $31m odd of that $37m)

patrick
26-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Yes - you'd better rush in to pick up the 2m shares currently on offer at 5.9 cents - otherwise the SP could have a 6 in front before you know it!

Will be too late tomorrow.

ddrone
27-07-2016, 09:42 AM
I'm a bit perplexed by this one. Either there is some insider knowledge driving the lift, punters are punting or the liquidity is so bad that the demand is pushing the price hard. It's gonna be a happy Friday or a disastrous one for many depending on which of those factors is acting.

Gunny
27-07-2016, 09:44 AM
I note the sellers are upping their price today. The 2,000,000 now at 6.4 cents. After years away I got back in for 500,000 at an average of 2.9c. It is starting to look very interesting. Even if it falls away after the 29th will stay in for ride if not increase.

Gunny

pierre
27-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm a bit perplexed by this one. Either there is some insider knowledge driving the lift, punters are punting or the liquidity is so bad that the demand is pushing the price hard. It's gonna be a happy Friday or a disastrous one for many depending on which of those factors is acting.

It sure feels a bit over-cooked to me. I don't think we'll be getting any bad news on Friday, but I don't think what we do get will justify a market cap of $66m.

However markets are supposed to be forward-looking so maybe punters are scrambling to get in ahead of a great year in 2017?

Bjauck
27-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm a bit perplexed by this one. Either there is some insider knowledge driving the lift, punters are punting or the liquidity is so bad that the demand is pushing the price hard. It's gonna be a happy Friday or a disastrous one for many depending on which of those factors is acting. Back on the 8th July, BLT responded to the price enquiry that they were not in breach of the continuous disclosure rules. Since then the SP has gone up by about another 25%*. Is there one keen buyer buying into an illiquid stock or is there something else going on?

*Edit: make that about 33% after the market opening price of 5.8c

artemis
27-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Of interest to me is the effect of Blis products on strep throat. Thing is strep throat is associated to various degrees with some widespread and sometimes lifetime-expensive conditions. Rheumatic fever is well known, but also possible associations with breast cancer, psoriasis, scarlet fever, kidney disease, tonsillitis, maybe others.

Some of those associations are well known but don't self diagnose based on my post!!

BLT is first mover, and as associations are better understood and proved it can only be good for the company.

Ghost Monkey
27-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Of interest to me is the effect of Blis products on strep throat

Yeah, same here. I like to use the products of companies I invest in, where possible. Have been taking Blis on a daily basis as I am a believer in probiotics. Only started earlier this year. But I'm still waiting patiently to get strep throat, though I'd even settle for a decent cold at this stage, so I can really test the benefits of Blis. Sadly, this year I have been unable to catch anything, though half the office at work have, as well as the wife and kids......... :( (sigh) suppose I'll never know if this stuff works.......

Bjauck
27-07-2016, 01:34 PM
How frequently can the NZX issue speeding tickets? Is it time for another price enquiry?

suse
27-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Yeah, same here. I like to use the products of companies I invest in, where possible. Have been taking Blis on a daily basis as I am a believer in probiotics. Only started earlier this year. But I'm still waiting patiently to get strep throat, though I'd even settle for a decent cold at this stage, so I can really test the benefits of Blis. Sadly, this year I have been unable to catch anything, though half the office at work have, as well as the wife and kids......... :( (sigh) suppose I'll never know if this stuff works.......

Have you considered that taking Blis products is actually providing you with a level of immunity.... (or perhaps you were being witty!)

I've long been interested in Blis but haven't taken any. However with a couple of nasty infections that have started in the throat I'm about to start knocking them back with gay abandon...

Share price is banging along nicely now, I hope it's a good news story. I'm in these for the long haul.

Snow Leopard
27-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Have you considered that taking Blis products is actually providing you with a level of immunity.... (or perhaps you were being witty!)

I've long been interested in Blis but haven't taken any. However with a couple of nasty infections that have started in the throat I'm about to start knocking them back with gay abandon...

Share price is banging along nicely now, I hope it's a good news story. I'm in these for the long haul.

No perhaps about it and your private life is no concern of ours.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: Should have bought more at 3.3c when I thought it was a reasonable punt.
Disc: Own no BLT :(

patrick
27-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Any way of getting access to the Meeting online?

pierre
27-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Any way of getting access to the Meeting online?

I haven't seen anything about online access to the meeting.

patrick
27-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks,
We await your report.

simla
27-07-2016, 04:03 PM
The presentation will almost certainly be posted, either first thing in the morning or during/after the meeting.

Yoda
27-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Looks like you,ve already had the benefits.......good on you. Has done the same for me.

artemis
28-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Might try Buccaline for the family then. Not sure if it counts as a probiotic exactly. Lots of info online as it has been around for literally decades and many swear by it. Over the counter but pharmacist only, I think because people think it prevents colds and flu but officially it does not. Unofficially - I couldn't possibly comment.

Ghost Monkey
28-07-2016, 10:54 AM
or perhaps you were being witty!

I try.

Would like to know how it works for you though, so knock em' back with all the gay abandon you want! And keep us posted.

However, if you get progressively worse and die let us know, I may consider selling all my holdings.

fungus pudding
28-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Calling the experts. What is the difference between Blis k12 available in NZ and Now foods blis k12 as shown on Amazon?

GR8DAY
28-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Calling the experts. What is the difference between Blis k12 available in NZ and Now foods blis k12 as shown on Amazon?

.......no difference FP apart from the name of the re-seller ie....they're using K!2 purchased from us. They do the tabletting then on-selling. That's what we do and that's what they do. Hope this helps.

fungus pudding
28-07-2016, 12:23 PM
.......no difference FP apart from the name of the re-seller ie....they're using K!2 purchased from us. They do the tabletting then on-selling. That's what we do and that's what they do. Hope this helps.
Certainly does. I though that would be the case. Thanks.

huxley
28-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Easy come easy go..

ohpark0119
28-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Easy come easy go..

like a wave...

Gunny
28-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Updated Guidance

Blis Technologies Limited announces an updated guidance that the company

expects to achieve FY2017 trading revenues in excess of $8 million and Net

Profit Before Tax in excess of $0.7 million.

First quarter interim results (unaudited) support this guidance with trading

revenues of $1.947 million, and EBITDA of $0.34 million and a Net Income

Before Tax of $0.188 million

Let the fun begin
Gunny

simla
28-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Let the fun begin

Let the fun begin indeed! Since there was over 0.5m in depreciation etc last year, then 0.7 m profit is presumably at least 1.2m operating profit. That is surely meaty enough for shareholders.

Looking forward to what reports we hear from the AGM tomorrow too.

Excellent indeed. And continuing the ongoing communication with shareholders, also excellent.

Bjauck
28-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Let the fun begin indeed! Since there was over 0.5m in depreciation etc last year, then 0.7 m profit is presumably at least 1.2m operating profit. That is surely meaty enough for shareholders.

Looking forward to what reports we hear from the AGM tomorrow too.

Excellent indeed. And continuing the ongoing communication with shareholders, also excellent. So it begs the question, was "the market" merely anticipating good news or had there been a leak of the updated guidance prior to it actually being released to the market?

simla
28-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Well, actually, 10 cents here we come? If a $1m profit wasn't that big a stretch on a 4 cent share price, and $1.25m operating profit is already forecast, that would be 5 cents. And that is without allowing for the future much at all.

AND an actual (unaudited) profit this quarter ALREADY. "Net Income Before Tax of $0.188 million". Profit already made.

ohpark0119
28-07-2016, 06:21 PM
So it begs the question, was "the market" merely anticipating good news or had there been a leak of the updated guidance prior to it actually being released to the market?

same here... just by reading the announcement, i don't see the reason for a drop. company doing as they expected. Or maybe ppl who made profits (who bought at around 2c or less) just selling off?

Gunny
28-07-2016, 06:21 PM
I see two drivers now going forward firstly the long awaited start of profits and the second being the:

"internationally there is a wave of interest in what is being termed the microbiome. The microbiome refers to a relatively new area of understanding of health where communities of microbes living within human bodies can influence wider human health but which also opens up options for the microbiome to be managed through the delivery of healthy bacteria (probiotics)." and this in relation to the wave of issues with the use of antibiotics.

Gunny

Gunny

Bjauck
28-07-2016, 06:29 PM
There had been about a 70% increase in the SP in July until the drop back today, prior to the after hours update. The market was anticipating some very good news...

simla
28-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Before you get too excited, have a look at BLT chart history. There is always a big jump around every announcement date, and this time they actually were expected to announce an actual profit figure.

The big news for me, and I just did not expect it, is the idea that the share price is already potentially underpriced for the already existing profit - depending on what maths you use obviously. It will be fun watching what the market does with that.

silverblizzard888
28-07-2016, 07:03 PM
My opinion is the share price was already too high on excitement leading up to annual meeting.
Based on the information released the firm is on track to do as they say they will, which is always a good sign.
Profit expected, but no dividend.

My value based on revenue of of past $5.6 Million and forecast in excess of $8 million

At $8 million = 42.85% growth would give me 3 cents per share
At $8.5 million = 51.78% would give me 4 cents per share
At $9 million = 60.71% would give me 5.4 cents per share

*I won't consider higher for if they were to expect higher than 9 million they would have probably said it.

Even on my high valuation at most I get is 5.4 cents, but I think its closer to 4 cents on a fair value basis for now, of course others will have higher valuations than me and thats fine. I am a much conservative investor and I never like to be too optimistic on ideal prospects when it comes to growth companies without a good track record.

ddrone
28-07-2016, 07:07 PM
My opinion is the share price was already too high on excitement leading up to annual meeting.
Based on the information released the firm is on track to do as they say they will, which is always a good sign.
Profit expected, but no dividend.

My value based on revenue of of past $5.6 Million and forecast in excess of $8 million

At $8 million = 42.85% growth would give me 3 cents per share
At $8.5 million = 51.78% would give me 4 cents per share
At $9 million = 60.71% would give me 5.4 cents per share

*I won't consider higher for if they were to expect higher than 9 million they would have probably said it.

Even on my high valuation at most I get is 5.4 cents, but I think its closer to 4 cents on a fair value basis for now, of course others will have high valuationss than me and thats fine. I am a much conservative investor and I never likely to be too optimistic on ideal prospects.

Completely agree. They've met guidance and have annualized revenue assuming no growth on Q1 of $752k which is lower than this year. Obviously there should be a growth expectation but that would life revenue to where compared to 2016?

simla
28-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Yes, but you have to figure other things in. Such as the revenue growth recently. We don't know if it will continue, but you can't ignore it surely.

But a flick through annual reports shows total trading revenues of : 0.7m (2013 ex-ice-cream) 1.2 (2014) 2.5 (2015) and now 5.3 (2016 projected). Check the figures for yourself obviously, but I think some people might find that a pleasant trend..

And now 8m plus - and already on that figure in Q1 according to that release.

Also the fact that the company is engaging in a lot more publicity. It has been upbeat for a bit now, including the planned release of an investment research paper, new regular (?) shareholder updates, rebranding of packaging, and ads on TV again, and that must have a cumulative effect on the share price?

Also the fact that the NZX has done some pretty exciting stuff with PEs on growth companies over the years.

I don't know what the market will do. But surely there is room for interesting developments?

Bjauck
28-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Before you get too excited, have a look at BLT chart history. There is always a big jump around every announcement date, and this time they actually were expected to announce an actual profit figure...
As far as I can see, the previous time that the NZX issued a Share Price Enquiry letter to BLT was in January 2013. In the BLT letter of explanation to that enquiry, they said that BLIS had given shareholders three months notice of its intention to enforce a minimum shareholding of 25,000 shares.

ohpark0119
28-07-2016, 08:24 PM
So it begs the question, was "the market" merely anticipating good news or had there been a leak of the updated guidance prior to it actually being released to the market?

could be? since the price dropped before the announcement. nevertheless, no need smash that emergency button

Flugenbear
28-07-2016, 09:37 PM
The 8 million in revenue was already known from the April 14th announcement and the share price jumped 10% and pretty much stayed there until recently....
The forecast profit is a bit ahead of where I thought it might be, so the structural changes made in 2015 have seemed to help.
I think the current share price is slightly overheated but if you believe this puppy will continue at upwards of 100% growth it's probably a steal.

simla
28-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Going from a loss last year of 816k to an expected profit this year of 700k (1500k turnaround) on an increase in revenue of 2500k must have taken iron willpower on costs. That's a good sign surely.

blissfool
28-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Going from a loss last year of 816k to an expected profit this year of 700k (1500k turnaround) on an increase in revenue of 2500k must have taken iron willpower on costs. That's a good sign surely.

Hi Simla it's a very good sign a lot better then I expected.

first quarter finished and more then 100% up on last years same period sales a great start to the year, especially when you factor in that 80% of their sales is now off shore and most of those countries are in their summer season. Wait until the northern hemisphere winter hits. My prediction $10m in sales. Something else in the pipeline with hints of other forms of shareholder funding. At least this period of the journey is more fun then it has been over the years.

ohpark0119
29-07-2016, 02:42 PM
looks like the good news caught up late

simla
29-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Traders will care what the price is today. But for long term holders this is more likely to be an inflexion point. There will be the time before the first profit, and the time after.

BLT probably faces a bit of a mathematical wall anyway presently. Long term holders have seen a pretty decent price rise, but that makes it difficult for us to significantly change our holdings now, the relative cost being quite high now. So BLT needs to attract the next generation. Turnover has been pretty steep lately so that may have started, but it is still small compared to the number of shares on offer.

And also, attracting attention with a profit and a share price rise is merely the start. The market even then needs to start trying to figure out what BLT represents. It is a very different stock, after all.

We'll see.

simla
29-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Or to put it another way, New Zealanders SHOULD know how to deal with biotech given the nature of our country, but the reality is that most are much happier with number 8 fencing wire and owning homes, borrowing for farms and houses. There is always much talk of "value added" in New Zealand, but actually it is usually the foreigners who are the ones coming here and creating it.

So I'll have a tiny go. Others can throw in their ideas maybe.

Biotech is just a word. It is like dairy, or forestry, or retail, or hospitality. It is just a name for an industry. All industries sell products that other people want to buy, whether it is milk or wood or legal services or probiotics in this case. Biotech just means the product has come from some sort of scientific research on biology, whether genes or bacteria or animals or plants. It tends to need patent protection, which costs money.

The reason that people are scared of biotech - or so I think anyway - is that it is a relatively new industry so there are still a whole lot of new companies that have yet to turn a profit.

This is like the dotcom bubble of the nineties, or so I think people remember anyway. But actually an awful lot of the dotcom companies were just jumping on the bandwagon selling little more than a website address and asking huge prices from backers. They went broke because nobody ever needed the web site addresses in the first place and investors were not being very savvy about that. Biotech requires an actual product to start with, on the other hand.

But while people remember dotcom as a disaster, the truth is that some very major companies have come out of it. Amazon. Google. Alibaba. Trademe. Other industries have had to adapt to dotcom, like television, movies and newspapers, to name just a few. It was not a fly-by-night industry even though some of the companies did turn out to be that. Investors who looked hard and learnt did pretty well alongside the many others who did not.

So that dotcom industry has matured and people now understand that you have to pick and choose and use your judgement. Then you have to decide what business model to follow. Trademe runs a good profit and is a stable company paying good dividends. Xero is playing the big-hit game and willing to sink money getting there in the hope of a big payoff. Etc. Which model do shareholders personally feel comfortable backing? Coming in on the startup or joining in later if it succeeds?

In the biotech industry, a few companies have succeeded. A2 Milk is surely a biotech and for a long time people had to back it getting there, but now it has paid off, selling a product that consumers accept has health benefits. Botry Zen was another startup from Dunedin protecting kiwifruit and grapes from mould. It was a listed company but shareholders did not back it enough and it went private in 2010, where it seems to be doing just fine. Pacific Edge is biotech and seems to have good products protecting people from cancer, but the market got a bit carrried away perhaps on the share price before it had much revenue to talk of, which maybe left people a bit battered, but not PEB's fault. Each company is different and needs thinking about for each investor to understand, like any investment.

BLT is a biotech, selling probiotics protecting people from infection and bad breath and tooth decay, or so I see it. The details are on the website blis.co.nz . I guess you might also see it, less threateningly, as being in the health sector, which it is.

It is just a company selling a product. It can be read about, thought about.

I never recommend anyone buy or sell or hold BLT. That is for people to think about themselves. But I do recommend that people learn more broadly about the ideas of the biotech industry. People who walked away from dotcom because they did not understand it did not actually achieve much. Dotcom was here to stay and so is biotech. It at least deserves a little thought?

fungus pudding
29-07-2016, 04:55 PM
It at least deserves a little thought?

When do we stop thinking? I'm a long-term somewhat sceptical observer. Surely Blis should attempt to point to any benefits (if there are any) they have compared to what seems to be a zillion other probiotic products available marketed under recognized brand names. IOW is there a unique selling point?

simla
29-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Yes. Blis works. Oodles of research to that effect. Also it is the only one aimed at the throat as far as I am aware.

You raise a good point because the industry is also suffering from a lack of accepted standards. The word "probiotics" is regarded as selling point without the need to substantiate a lot.

One of Blis's burdens is indeed to differentiate itself from the market in this respect, as consumers don;t really seem to have wondered about that small point on the whole. The company has remarked over the years that its business partners have signed up because they can indeed see the difference.

But every health product has this problem doesn't it? Some are proven, some are just there.

simla
29-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Another 2.6m share through today. At the least, it has been an interesting time for the BLT share.

fungus pudding
29-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Yes. Blis works. Oodles of research to that effect. Also it is the only one aimed at the throat as far as I am aware.

You raise a good point because the industry is also suffering from a lack of accepted standards. The word "probiotics" is regarded as selling point without the need to substantiate a lot.

One of Blis's burdens is indeed to differentiate itself from the market in this respect, as consumers don;t really seem to have wondered about that small point on the whole. The company has remarked over the years that its business partners have signed up because they can indeed see the difference.

But every health product has this problem doesn't it? Some are proven, some are just there.

I don't think many have as much of a struggle getting off the ground. Things like resveratrol and COq10. Let's face it- bliss just doesn't sell in any meaningful quantity. I'm not sure that it ever will.

Ghost Monkey
29-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Ever hear of Yakult? I was sure surprised when I saw this being sold in the supermarkets here. Growing up in Japan we used to have the Yakult ladies cycle through the neighborhood calling out "yakult, yakult", selling it from bags. It's a probiotic for the gut, developed 80 yrs ago, sold as a little bottle of sweetened fermented milk. They have science to back up their claims, but other research has poured doubt on these. Science still seems inconclusive, but millions buy the story. Heck they sell it in NZ now! Annual worldwide group sales well north of $3billion USD these days.

Now don't go claiming the Ghost is saying that Blis will ever come close to anything like that. I'm not. Does Blis work? There are some positive results coming through for sure, but I don't think anything so conclusive as to put this firmly in the 'definitely works' category. But if enough people try it and feel it works for them, well, could be an interesting future as I think you're right in pointing out that they are the only ones with a probiotic for the mouth. If they get a decent foothold in East Asia, that could be a gamechanger for them. Probiotics much bigger there than in the west, though they are gaining ground here slowly too.

QOH
31-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Does anyone have a contact number to call Blis or email them.
I have a friend who works in a health shop, with several branches, I always ask how the Honey Blis Lozenges are selling.
They have none left in stock, the number they used to ring doesn't exist anymore, I hope this is an isolated incident, and not indicative of their entire distribution process.

patrick
31-07-2016, 06:02 PM
I have a friend who works in a health shop, with several branches, I always ask how the Honey Blis Lozenges are selling.
They have none left in stock, the number they used to ring doesn't exist anymore, I hope this is an isolated incident, and not indicative of their entire distribution process.

GOOGLE MATE

I am much more concerned about Pierre and his non reporting of the meeting.
Can only surmise he will buy a heap more and then post?
Silence is golden.
Pat

simla
31-07-2016, 06:13 PM
support@blis.co.nz Blis have recently taken over the honeyblis, so I imagine the old phone service has been discontinued?

As to Pierre, obviously he decided that he may as well climb Mt Cook while he was down south, doing it in blizzard conditions at night in order to just show what real men do.That's the sort of people Blis investors are. :)

artemis
31-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Hi QOH. I get mine online from their website. That won't help with commercial arrangements but there is a contact page with email and phone numbers.

forest
31-07-2016, 07:11 PM
GOOGLE MATE

I am much more concerned about Pierre and his non reporting of the meeting.
Can only surmise he will buy a heap more and then post?
Silence is golden.
Pat

Unusual for a company not to make an announcement to the NZX of the presentations of the Chair and CEO when an AGM is held.

King1212
31-07-2016, 07:23 PM
I have been using blis throat guard and m18 as our family probiotics for almost 3 years now. BLT was still 2 ish cents. Really like the product, never ever had a sore throat, if so we would increase the intake n sore throat would despair. Gum and teeth are much healthier. I never interested invest in it really...I don't why, I did the research before n thier forecast n revenue never excited me really. It got my attention when they want to break Asia market,then I asked myself....would people in Asia can afford this probiotic? Instead, I bought in SEA, then sold for small profit and changed it to BFC Ozzie.

Yakut is no one in Asia. It is cheaper and affordable. It does the same functions with Blis. Blis is lozenges, yakult is liquid.

you can get yakult in Asian stores, mainly in Auckland or big cities....or similar products Pam's probiotic in pak n save. Both are similar products.5-6 small bottles of 100ml in 1 pack for around $4-5. Sometimes, pak n save discounted to $2

in Asia yakult costs around 8-10 cents each bottle. Recommended one bottle for daily intake..same with Blis. Blis lozenges cost 50c each...60 lozenges for $30. I always buy in 4, shipping free..sometimes 6...to get 10% discount.

i like blis, as I can afford it. I don't compromise when come to our family health. When we got yakult or pam one, we only drink that. Not both unless u really need it.

Anyway, conclusion: I really like blis. Thier probiotic really helps my family n me! It really works. It is quite expansive, but what matter is it really helps people who need it. I think BLT will do well in the future. Hope it helps u guys for those investing in. The challenges of BLT are to convince European population and developed countries about the benefits of thier products.

I dont hold BLT and don't have plan to buy in as I am broke...just bought couple weeks ago in NZM for dividend yield. Should bought BLT eh:D but no regret as my NZM is currently at 15% green..plus report is due soon with good dividend:t_up:

good luck guys....hope it helps.

fungus pudding
31-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Can you point me to any independent research. I can't find any. Thanks.

QOH
31-07-2016, 08:05 PM
support@blis.co.nz Blis have recently taken over the honeyblis, so I imagine the old phone service has been discontinued?

As to Pierre, obviously he decided that he may as well climb Mt Cook while he was down south, doing it in blizzard conditions at night in order to just show what real men do.That's the sort of people Blis investors are. :)

Not a good look though if companies who sell your products are not kept in the loop and given new contact numbers.

patrick
31-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Blizzard on the mountain may delay report, hope he has his pills.

simla
31-07-2016, 08:24 PM
FP, couple of research links to start http://blis.co.nz/research-studies http://www.nekta.com/#!probiotic-oral-care-1/y2pio

Maybe the Blis site should have a graphic at the top "It really works, here's the proof" linking to a much more english discussion page?

winner69
31-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Unusual for a company not to make an announcement to the NZX of the presentations of the Chair and CEO when an AGM is held.

What's this - posted the other day on nzx

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/240298.pdf

forest
31-07-2016, 09:10 PM
What's this - posted the other day on nzx

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/240298.pdf

Thanks Winner69, didnt realise blt posted a day early the day b4 the Agm, still unusable.

pierre
31-07-2016, 09:38 PM

Apologies for the delay - I only returned home an hour ago. I didn't get to Mount Cook but it was so cold in Dunedin I might as well have been on the mountain anyway. Those southerners are a hardy lot - saw several of them in the Octagon in shorts and t-shirts while I was bundled up in jacket, scarf and gloves.

I will complete my report and post it later tomorrow. Meantime - be assured that I found the meeting positive in tone and outlook and feel extremely confident that we're backing a winner. I spoke with several other shareholders who feel the same way.

I'm definitely not selling a single share and will buy more if the SP shows any sign of weakness over the coming months.

simla
01-08-2016, 08:22 AM
We will just assume that you use the word Octagon as a typically modest understatement for Mt Cook. I'm not actually that surprised that tough Mainlanders climb Mt Cook in just shorts and t-shirts. Impressive.

kiwidollabill
01-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Yep, the southerlies does keep you northies away.....

I really should have walked the talk and bought a parcel of this 9 months ago....

pierre
01-08-2016, 12:16 PM
The following is my take on the BLT AGM last Friday. Hope you find it interesting and reassuring.
The AGM was attended by about 50 shareholders.

At the start of the meeting a vote of thanks to Barry Richardson, (who attended the meeting in the audience) for his stewardship of the company and in particular for his skill at capital raising,was proposed by the chairman and passed with acclamation.

The chairman and CEO then basically reiterated the details released to the NZX the night before the meeting with most information being given by CEO Brian Watson during his presentation. Naturally, they were both upbeat about reporting a projected profit for theyear and Brian paid tribute to the work of Barry and the team for the company’s current position.

A few days prior to the event I emailed a list of questions about the company’s results and activities to Brian Watson. A number of the questions in my email were answered in last Thursday evening’s announcements. These included the quantum of the forecast FY17 profit, the first quarter sales and profit announcement, an outline of the vision for the company’s future and the direction in which product developmentis heading. Also, the matter of future capital requirements was addressed in the announcements but only to the extent that the board is reviewing the issue and no decision has been taken yet.

Brian advised that since joining the business in mid-February he had visited the company’s key markets and principal customers. He said he now has a good understanding of what the company is aboutand is optimistic about its prospects for the future.

He said last year’s product quality issue wasresolved to the satisfaction of the parties concerned and that the company has learnt plenty from the experience. As a consequence, key appointments have beenmade in the areas of quality assurance, product development and processimprovement. He also referred to last year’s appointment of a CFO – clearlythere are now sufficient beans coming in to count to justify that role!

The GRAS approval has resulted in heightened interest in Blis products from markets in Europe and Japan and this augurs well for the future. The company is reviewing its own manufacturingfacilities and those that are outsourced to ensure they can maintain growth and product quality. Fonterra was revealed as one of BLT’s outsourced manufacturers.

Overall, I felt Brian spoke very well and presented the company’s position and its prospects clearly and enthusiastically. He appears to be a very capable and confident leader and I believe he will be the right man to take the business to the next level.

At the conclusion of the formal part of the meeting thechairman sought questions from the floor. I asked a couple and also spoke toBrian Watson personally after the meeting.

CHINA: Asked about slow progress in China the chairman advised that the regulatory environment in that country hadchanged about four times in the past few years making it difficult to penetratethe market. Trials are ongoing and the company is expecting that anannouncement regarding China will be made in the last quarter of this year.

KEY RISKS:
I asked the chairman whether the Board hasidentified any key risks to the business such as competition in the market. Hereplied that the company maintains a risk register containing around 15 items that are reported on by management at each board meeting. Two principal areasthat are monitored particularly carefully are competition and regulatory risks.
He advised that competition is appearing from three companies in particular (he gave their names but unfortunately I wasn’t quick enough to record them). He said despite that, BLT is well placed to capitalise on its position and to prosper in the market.

Director Bevan Wallace also spoke to theissue of regulatory risk and said that this was the area that mostly contributed to the chairman staying awake at night. BLT needs to maintain awareness of not only the claims they make about their products but also those made by distributors and resellers. Also packaging and labelling of shipments for export are areas that need constant attention.

PRODUCT FOCUS:
Brian sees prospects for accelerated growththrough branded consumer products as the best and most profitable way forward butwithout limiting sales in other areas. Categorisation of the company’s productsis an issue in the pharmacy trade e.g. they are not cough & cold products – so hewould ultimately like to be able to market a range of Blis products in the same way as Thompsons or Blackmores do with their ranges.

TV ADS:
These will continue running through to the end of August to capitalise on the winter trade.

CLINICAL TRIALS:
The Porirua trial sponsored by the NZ Health Research Council is completed but the results cannot be shared untilt hey are published by the HRC.

SHARE CONSOLIDATION:
The company is aware of the negative "penny dreadful" perceptioncaused by the high volume of issued shares and the relatively low SP.Consolidating the shares would cost the company an NZX fee in the order of $30,000. The board feels there are better uses of company funds at present though the matter is not off the radar.

The company is commissioning an independent research report on BLT that will be released to the market when completed.

MARKETING/WEB SITE:
Brian said that a major makeover is planned for the company’s web site – including the Investor pages. He said that heintends to continue direct marketing of the company’s products online as wellas selling through pharmacies.

BLT IS AN EXPORTER:
80% of sales are from exports and this percentage will increase over time as existing markets are expanded and newones developed.

Attendees received a "goody" bag containing Blis products and were treated to an exceptional variety of finger food following the meeting. I ate your share!

SUMMARY:
Despite profits being forecast there is no prospect of dividends in the foreseeable future. In my view, I think further capital raising could well be a possibility but this would be a good thing if it is to develop facilities to bring more production in-house and to undertake more market expansion.

The business is being steadied with production capability and process improvement developed so there is a sound base from which growth can be accelerated over coming years.

Plenty of potential exists in current markets and new ones will be sought. Product development and innovation will continue with a focus on branded finished consumer goods (obviously where the margins are).

Overall, my perception is life is looking pretty good for BLT and itspatient shareholders.

Bonne chance to holders
Pierre

simla
01-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Thank you very much indeed for that, Pierre.

A few comments. Yes, I have seen others saying how hard it is to get into China because everything is always changing, not just BLT. Also, I note we have not been told of any plans for GRAS or supermarket level goods. Also, we have had some reference to the future, but nothing terribly specific at all, and no mention of anything in relation to 2017 which is only a few months away now.

Basically we have learnt in the last week that Blis is very upbeat and that they are now running a bottom line profit. But expectations for the future remain very vague - to me anyway.

However, all very good. It will be interesting to watch the market reaction over the next few months given that the next half report is only 3 or 4 months away.

GR8DAY
01-08-2016, 12:48 PM
......YES MANY THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS in attending on our behalf PIERRE and hope you enjoyed our share of the "goodies". Well summarized also and I take from your comments a generally positive vibe now hangs over the company.......great to hear. Im interested to hear that IN FACT we do have some competition in this select field.........I was of the impression we had it all to ourselves and were protected under specific patents.....is this NOT the case? Of course competition is not necessarily a bad thing and in fact could be taken as good news given the increased awareness it brings to ORAL PROBIOTICS (some here apparantly still dont get the point of difference with general probiotics)

RGR367
01-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Nice report Pierre. Thanks a lot.

pierre
01-08-2016, 01:11 PM
It's important to read what I've written in conjunction with the CEO presentation released to the NZX on Thursday evening. They are building capability this year to position BLT for sustainable profitable growth.

They achieved growth across all markets in FY16 and are expecting to achieve more growth this year and in the future through branded finished goods.

They have told us they expect to achieve sales for FY17 in excess of $8m and profits of $700k+. I'm sure both of those forecasts will be relatively conservative so they can report an "out perform" result.

At the meeting they raised the spectre of competition as a risk to the business - but don't appear to be fazed by it. Nevertheless it would be a sound reason for not revealing too much detail about future plans.

The half year report in November will be interesting - and hopefully may contain some news about progress in China. More patience required!

Meantime the business has now traded profitably for two consecutive quarters and more to come. All good news compared with what we have had over the past years.

simla
01-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Yes, there is certainly a frisson of excitement in the air now. It's a whole new chapter.

aquaman
01-08-2016, 01:24 PM
.....I was of the impression we had it all to ourselves and were protected under specific patents.....is this NOT the case? Of course competition is not necessarily a bad thing and in fact could be taken as good news given the increased awareness it brings to ORAL PROBIOTICS (some here apparantly still dont get the point of difference with general probiotics)

I also was interested and after quick google search
evoraoralprobiotics.com

dosnt change my view on retaining my shareholding

kerryo
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the report pierre, nice work. :)

suse
01-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks Pierre for that comprehensive summary on the meeting. although only a small shareholding, I am hoping that my BLT interests will keep me happy in my retirement. What are the chances of a comvita shareprice for Blis in the next 10 years I wonder :) Maybe even dividends by then. I live in hope!

pierre
01-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Thanks Pierre for that comprehensive summary on the meeting. although only a small shareholding, I am hoping that my BLT interests will keep me happy in my retirement. What are the chances of a comvita shareprice for Blis in the next 10 years I wonder :) Maybe even dividends by then. I live in hope!

Hi Suse

Anything is possible - but some things are not very likely - though a share consolidation of 100:1 would quickly get you half way there!

I'm pretty confident things will continue to go well for BLT and if they do, we could easily expect the current SP to double or even treble over the next 2-4 years. I'm hoping it will anyway as that would keep me extremely happy in retirement.

Ghost Monkey
01-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I also was interested and after quick google search
evoraoralprobiotics.com

dosnt change my view on retaining my shareholding

certainly doesn't change mine either, the above company only does oral care probiotics, so only competes with Blis M18 (oral care), not K18. However, I had thought Blis was the only company targeting the mouth with probiotics, but I suppose it makes sense with the growth in this field that other companies would enter the fray. Something to keep an eye on.

But I'd also like to thank Pierre for his report! Good stuff.

airedale
01-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Since BLT announced a maiden profit I have started to take an interest. Does anyone have a quick ball park figure for the number of shares on issue.
For the record I use Throatguard and Travelguard and have found them to be effective.

Ghost Monkey
01-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Since BLT announced a maiden profit I have started to take an interest. Does anyone have a quick ball park figure for the number of shares on issue.
For the record I use Throatguard and Travelguard and have found them to be effective.

damn, still counting but I seem to have run out of fingers and toes.....

aquaman
01-08-2016, 04:48 PM

Total Issue:

Market Capitalisation:
$64,243,907 (@5.8)

GR8DAY
04-08-2016, 11:08 AM
.........had a bit of a scratch around in regard this "competition" we apparantly have. To cut to the chase, I can't find any REAL competition for Blis so I remain of the opinion that we have it pretty much to ourselves AND the world is our oyster, so to speak. There is an outfit in the States that trades under the name ProBiora that's pushing their product as an oral Pro-Biotic (containing Streptococcus Oralis, S. Uberis and S.Rattus.....none of which I believe our Professor Tagg bothered with). They seem to be laying claim to only cosmetic benefits eg Teeth whitening and breath freshening and no real health benefits like BLIS eg Gum infection/decay, throat infection, teeth decay,ear infection, colds, upper respiratory infection, sinus issues, haliotosis, Rheumatic Fever? Breast Cancer?...... They also lay claim to being GRAS certified but turns out this is "Self-Affirmed" which can only be applied to cosmetic or structure-function claims. So in essence I can't see any threat to BLIS when it comes to WORLD DOMINATION in regard TRUE ORAL PROBIOTICS. If someone can correct me in this regard Im all ears (and throat of course)

simla
04-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Thanks for looking into that Gr8day.

I must say it is remarkably satisfying knowing that Blis is running a bottom line profit each and every day now. It really is a game changer.

pierre
04-08-2016, 12:53 PM
I've obtained from BLT the names of the potential competitors that the chairman mentioned at the AGM. They are:
Oragenics
BioGaia
Lallemand

I haven't time to research them at the moment - hope someone else will have an opportunity to dig for some information.

A bientot
Pierre

GR8DAY
04-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks for looking into that Gr8day.

I must say it is remarkably satisfying knowing that Blis is running a bottom line profit each and every day now. It really is a game changer.

.....cheers SIMLA. Yes your'e not wrong.......it's like we've got a REAL business now....doing what every business strives for ie to make a profit and one day reward the shareholders with a dividend........that day will soon come I believe.

patrick
04-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Thanks Pierre, the more info the better. Great to get a feel of the mood.
As history repeats we leave the high SP after the good news and meander along, on low volume till the next news. It's remarkable how few shares, % wise have been traded over the last 6 weeks.
Staving brave.
pat

fungus pudding
04-08-2016, 08:46 PM
It's remarkable how few shares, % wise have been traded over the last 6 weeks.

Why is that remarkable?

patrick
04-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Hi Fp,
Confirmation of a genuine turn around ,prospects, and Shareholders who paid from $2 to less than a cent a share: with this background and the news I expected more share would be traded, wrong obviously.
What news in the future will result in trading of multi millions a day?
Pat

Leftfield
05-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi Fp,
Confirmation of a genuine turn around ,prospects, and Shareholders who paid from $2 to less than a cent a share: with this background and the news I expected more share would be traded, wrong obviously.
What news in the future will result in trading of multi millions a day?
Pat
I suspect that many BLT holders will only sell when they feel that the prospect of future SP gains is less than it is at this time.
With a very real prospect of further above market average growth and profits (even dividends) ahead of them.... why should SP holders sell now?

simla
05-08-2016, 04:19 PM
.....cheers SIMLA. Yes your'e not wrong.......it's like we've got a REAL business now....doing what every business strives for ie to make a profit and one day reward the shareholders with a dividend........that day will soon come I believe.
I think the growth rate of revenue must be of major interest to the company now. And shareholders obviously.

A revenue growth next year of even 50% would make a big bottom line difference considering the current gross margin - depending on how much they wanted to spend on the future though. And 50% revenue growth is not unusual from the last few years. Does not mean it will happen of course.

Which in turn would make a good difference in cash position and in share price for any capital raising, if any.

So next year's growth rate could be of major impact on the company now. But these things don't just happen on calendar year ends. They will be experiencing growth now, whether strong or not strong, and that will continue all year. Will we learn more in the November report in 3 months? But they will presumably give us an update in February or March anyway, still only 6 or 7 months away. We must at least hear the 6 months revenue in November.

Strong growth now would leave the share price looking cheap, I would have thought. Mediocre growth would leave it still just ticking over though, and let's not think too hard about the possibility of bad news!

The company said it was asking for an independent research paper. I wonder when that will come out. It is hard to see how they could do that without specifically discussing the whole growth thing. Will they dare recommend a price, I wonder, given how volatile the situation still is?

It promises to be a pretty exciting 6 months for shareholders and the company alike. Good news could be quite a kick forward, and mediocre news not. So there is quite a range of possible results in just the next 6 months or so.

airedale
06-08-2016, 11:38 AM
BLT reminds me somewhat of ATM {A2 Milk} many years ago. I looked at it when it was 4 cents with many shares on issue. It started to show promise and the SP rose. Then there was a [from memory] 50 to 1 share consolidation.
So if you had 100 shares at 4 cents that is $4.0 in your portfolio. Then after a 50 to 1 consolidation you would have 2 shares at $2.0 for the same $4.0 in your portfolio. And that is about where the SP is at today. If anyone has followed ATM closely over the last 20 years they might like to comment.
Discl: not holding but interested in the product.

Total Issue:

Market Capitalisation:

$64,243,907 (@5.8)

patrick
10-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Good support; has someone a sniff of the contents of the research report?