PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31

Cadalac123
23-03-2020, 03:49 PM
With the lockdown will Blis warehouses actually be running?

skid
23-03-2020, 03:51 PM

They did say supplies would still get through....where do they draw the line?

patrick
23-03-2020, 03:55 PM

I hope not, the Company Online site currently sold out of Daily Defence product.
The Company is obliged to advise if it’s operation will continue.

Cadalac123
23-03-2020, 03:56 PM
The lockdown for a month is actually going to cripple some of these NZ businesses.. BLT was doing great but if warehouses are shutting down that's one awkward situation

fungus pudding
23-03-2020, 03:58 PM
The lockdown for a month is actually going to cripple some of these NZ businesses.. BLT was doing great but if warehouses are shutting down that's one awkward situation

Medcal supplies not shut down. I presume Blis is distributed through med suppliers.

patrick
24-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Medcal supplies not shut down. I presume Blis is distributed through med suppliers.

Available only at Chemist and on line. Support today indicates no worry.
Holder

GBM
26-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Great news.

BLT
26/03/2020 11:04
MKTUPDTE
PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 1104 HRS Blis Technologies Limited

MKTUPDTE: BLT: Business update - Essential Business

26 March 2020

Business update - Essential Business

Brian Watson, Chief Executive Officer of Blis Technologies (NZX:BLT), has
confirmed Blis Technologies will remain operational following the Government
overnight raising the national COVID-19 response to Level 4. Blis
Technologies manufacturing and elements of its scientific services are
classified as "essential services". The company has completed the MPI
registration process to maintain that status, and subject to that, they will
continue operating.

As manufacturers of unique probiotics that support immunity, Blis
Technologies is an important supplier to consumers in NZ through pharmacies
and online sales. Essential functions at Blis Technologies will remain
operational during the COVID-19 Level 4 period to ensure BLIS Probiotics can
continue to be supplied to support immunity and throat health of thousands of
New Zealanders during a time of high need and into the winter cold and flu
season.

Blis Technologies is committed to delivering services in accordance with the
Government's guidance to protect the health and wellbeing of all New
Zealanders. Staff that do not have a critical role in manufacture or testing
are working from home. Workplace segregation, social distancing and
sanitisation protocols are fully implemented at both our sites.

We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure continuity of supply.

Ends

For further information, please contact:

Brian Watson
CEO
+64 27 705 9133

Ltw
26-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Go you Good thing GO

patrick
27-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Daily Defence, strawberry, now available on line.

Chippie
29-03-2020, 06:06 AM
A good article on probiotics below
https://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/120488174/are-probiotics-good-for-you

Arthur
29-03-2020, 08:08 AM
Blis is proven to work, they should be supplying information to the journalist.

fungus pudding
29-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Blis is proven to work, they should be supplying information to the journalist.

Interesting. Can you cite evidence?

patrick
29-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Interesting. Can you cite evidence?

As is often the case the evidence is ones experience. In our 80s we started taking Blis 8 years ago after a lot of reading and have been remarkably free of colds and flu compared to our friends. Even became shareholders and gave trial supplies to family.

fungus pudding
29-03-2020, 10:25 AM
As is often the case the evidence is ones experience. In our 80s we started taking Blis 8 years ago after a lot of reading and have been remarkably free of colds and flu compared to our friends. Even became shareholders and gave trial supplies to family.

'Evidence of one's experience' is not proof. What is the proof that you say should be given to journalists?

patrick
29-03-2020, 10:51 AM
What about the blind man in Bethsaida
“Then his eyes were opened and he saw everything clearly”
His experience was proof to him.....he could see.

fungus pudding
29-03-2020, 11:06 AM

I am asking about a scientific matter in an enlightened age.

Arthur
29-03-2020, 12:29 PM
I understand that there have been several clinical trials. You could have a look at these two for a start.
1. Di Pierro F1, Colombo M2, Zanvit A3, Rottoli AS4. Positive clinical
outcomes derived from using Streptococcus salivarius K12 to prevent
streptococcal pharyngotonsillitis in children: a pilot investigation. Drug
Healthc Patient Saf. 2016 Nov 21;8:77-81. eCollection 2016.
2. F. Di Pierro, M. Colombo, M.G. Giuliani, M.L. Danza, I. Basile, T.
Bollani, A.M. Conti, A. Zanvit, A.S. Rottoli. Effect of administration of
Streptococcus salivarius K12 on the occurrence of streptococcal
pharyngo-tonsillitis, scarlet fever and acute otitis media in 3 years old
children. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci Year: 2016 Vol. 20 - N. 21 Pages:
4601-4606.

Chippie
29-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Below is a link to an Independent Research Report from 2016, this looks like the easiest one place to start looking for information on clinical studies etc.
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/287583

There are several other announcements on studies in Italy and China.

Chippie
29-03-2020, 12:55 PM
After sending out the link above, I have had a refresher / read and found this interesting information on manufacturing. This is good information considering the recent announcement on the 16th March.
“To date our supply chain, from ingredient supply through to manufacture of finished product has been able to meet the lift in demand and we have significantly increased our production to meet anticipated forward orders. We continue to monitor our supply chain for any future constraints.”

Blis Manufacturing (as at Aug 2016)
Prior to the commissioning of the Birch St facility in Dunedin in September 2013 at a cost of around $0.5m, Blis outsourced lozenge manufacturing to two offshore companies and one based in Nelson. On commissioning of the facility in Dunedin Blis has the capability to produce finished goods including lozenges (bottles and blisters), powders (bottles and sachets) and nutritionals (blended powders in bags and sachets and pre-mix for cans).

The basic ingredient is manufactured by Fonterra (Palmerston North) and shipped to Dunedin with logistics coordinated in Dunedin. The company has plenty of capacity at its Birch street facility to enable future growth.

Current manufacturing in Dunedin is on a single shift only with the ability to triple shift as and when required. Beyond this internal capacity, the company has offshore Lozenge contract manufacturers in Italy and Serbia servicing the EU and several contract manufacturers in the USA.

Blis also contract manufactures for a number of companies with dairy offerings as it holds a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) approved registered risk management programme (RMP) status for dairy manufacture. It also manufactures a small number of non-dairy products that require dry blending capability. The company sees the capability as useful as it provides a channel to market for Blis containing nutritional offers in the future.

We understand there has been some risk around raw material supply but the company is in the process of signing a revised supply agreement with Fonterra which will provide capacity to meet near term projections with Fonterra going through an internal process which if approved will serve to increase capacity available to Blis and meet Fonterra’s own needs. Further the company recognizes its single supplier risk and is evaluating alternate sources of supply both in the USA and Europe.

RGR367
29-03-2020, 05:53 PM

Just leave fp when it comes to BLT evidence as he had questioning those studies since I can remember :cool:

nevchev
31-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Hi.im new to sharetrader but have been in the market for some time.Emailed blis yesterday as to extra staff and shifts.Reply as follows
31 Mar at 8:44 am
Thank you for your enquiry.
We have increased our staff numbers at our production facility and are working at capacity.
Team BLIS

nevchev
31-03-2020, 04:06 PM
And a response in respect to product availability and manufacturing last week

24 Mar at 11:24 am
HI Nev,
Thanks for your email.
We are working on the assumption that we will continue to produce and supply to pharmacy.
We have very heavy orders and we are working as hard as we can to meet demand.
We are currently in stock online and this is the best place to get BLIS Probiotics : www.blis.co.nz

Kind Regards
Team BLIS.
Not sure why folk are selling with such great demand,hiring staff and a new global awareness of probiotics but there ya go

patrick
31-03-2020, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=RGR367;803248]Just leave fp when it comes to BLT evidence as he had questioning those studies since I can remember :cool:[/QUOT

Rego55
01-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Yeah strange one from FP to come to science based product and ask for science. Do AirNZ really fly? I've seen numerous studies over the years from Blis indicating it's efficacy. It's not pseudo-scientific homeopathy they're hocking off. It's decades of research and testing. John Tagg was my professor back in the mid-90's and I remember our (very large) class provided mouth swabs for research and volunteers, including myself, tried some of the early blis formulas and were subsequently swabbed again later in the year.

Yoda
01-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Yeah strange one from FP to come to science based product and ask for science. Do AirNZ really fly? I've seen numerous studies over the years from Blis indicating it's efficacy. It's not pseudo-scientific homeopathy they're hocking off. It's decades of research and testing. John Tagg was my professor back in the mid-90's and I remember our (very large) class provided mouth swabs for research and volunteers, including myself, tried some of the early blis formulas and were subsequently swabbed again later in the year.
What were the results of the study?

Cadalac123
01-04-2020, 04:13 PM
While I trade the stock from time to time, some of its benefits are most likely exaggerated as is the case for most supplements. I make note its impact on halitosis is somewhat notable, however beyond that I wouldn't extrapolate too much.

And it's ok, because like most supplements its success will be sentiment driven by a non-medically informed population. That doesn't mean it can't be successful. The patent and product mix are what make the company alright. Revenues are questionable and lumpy, but I think they are doing alright for now.

I wouldn't try selling this as the next big "drug" like supplement though. Immune strengthening is another over the top marketing ploy that is probably working right now.

Arthur
01-04-2020, 05:51 PM
The Italian studies were quite significant. The Canadians assessed the research and let them claim health benefits in their advertising. I have never understood why they did not attack the Canadian market with gusto. If sales there matched the NZ sales per capita they would be selling $7 a year into that market alone. Their plan was to increase their presence in Canada this year, but time is running out on their main patent. Hopefully they can get a truckload of product out over the next month as margins should be high enough to pay for the research pipeline on new product.

nevchev
01-04-2020, 07:53 PM
The Italian studies were quite significant. The Canadians assessed the research and let them claim health benefits in their advertising. I have never understood why they did not attack the Canadian market with gusto. If sales there matched the NZ sales per capita they would be selling $7 a year into that market alone. Their plan was to increase their presence in Canada this year, but time is running out on their main patent. Hopefully they can get a truckload of product out over the next month as margins should be high enough to pay for the research pipeline on new product.
Unlikely as there just keeping up with existing customers.i agree,it was a lost opportunity and immune boosting products seem to be selling themselves in the current climate.No end to that in the foreseeable future so all is not lost

Sideshow Bob
01-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Their plan was to increase their presence in Canada this year, but time is running out on their main patent.

What is their situation overall with patents and remaining length of time?

patrick
01-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Well disclosed admirer.
Added at 6.1 today. Own view is that it may not be cheaper in view of increased production and demand.
Who knows in these times?

nevchev
01-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Well disclosed admirer.
Added at 6.1 today. Own view is that it may not be cheaper in view of increased production and demand.
Who knows in these times?
Brave of you with dow futures not looking pretty but I have the same feeling as to how there doing

Rego55
02-04-2020, 11:05 AM
What were the results of the study?

Quick google:

CONCLUSIONS: The daily administration ofBLIS K12 to children attending their first year ofkindergarten was associated with a significantreduction in episodes of streptococcal pharyngitis and acute otitis media. No protection againstscarlet fever was detected.

Results: The 20 adults who completed the 90-day course of Bactoblis® showed a reduction in their episodes of streptococcal pharyngeal infection (about 80%). The 90 days treatment was also associated with an approximately 60% reduction in the incidence of reported pharyngitis in the 6-month period following use of the product. The product was well tolerated by the subjects with no treatment-related side effects or drop-outs reported.

Cadalac123
02-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Quick google:

CONCLUSIONS: The daily administration ofBLIS K12 to children attending their first year ofkindergarten was associated with a significantreduction in episodes of streptococcal pharyngitis and acute otitis media. No protection againstscarlet fever was detected.

Results: The 20 adults who completed the 90-day course of Bactoblis® showed a reduction in their episodes of streptococcal pharyngeal infection (about 80%). The 90 days treatment was also associated with an approximately 60% reduction in the incidence of reported pharyngitis in the 6-month period following use of the product. The product was well tolerated by the subjects with no treatment-related side effects or drop-outs reported.

Not a great study to consider as a gold standard.. and end point to difficult to correlate for cause and effect.

Arthur
02-04-2020, 02:14 PM
I don't have a PHD is health science so can't make an educated opinion as to whether or not the 30 odd trials are a crock.
After reviewing supporting science and safety publications, Health Canada has approved products containing BLIS K12 to bear claim language such as, the product “promotes oral health [through the re-colonisation of the oral cavity]”, that it is an “oral probiotic for re-colonisation of the oral cavity after antibiotic treatment”, that “following oral antimicrobial rinsing Streptococcus salivarius K12 supplementation helps reduce volatile sulfur compound levels (halitosis)”, and that it “can help reduce the incidence of

Streptococcal pharyngitis/tonsillitis (sore throats caused by pathogenic xvariants belonging to the Streptococcus genus)”.

Rego55
02-04-2020, 02:55 PM
Not a great study to consider as a gold standard.. and end point to difficult to correlate for cause and effect.

Sorry, I would have thought the fact that I said 'quick Google' as opposed to 'exhaustive research' might clarify what I did. I didn't know I was supposed to be proving 'gold standard'. I'm not the company, just a punter reading a bit of a souped up blog.

TobyPascoe92
07-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Anticipation seems to be building in the SP for May. Wonder if this will go to a new 52w high before results ?

sb9
07-04-2020, 12:52 PM
Anticipation seems to be building in the SP for May. Wonder if this will go to a new 52w high before results ?

I think it'll, should've been at least 7c by now..

TobyPascoe92
07-04-2020, 12:57 PM
I think it'll, should've been at least 7c by now..

Think you will get that today ..

patrick
07-04-2020, 01:46 PM
Pharmacy Direct out of stock for Daily Defence today.

Cadalac123
07-04-2020, 01:48 PM
Just remember this is a heavily traded stock by the institutions, so don't read into up or down movements of the SP too much, and position appropriately.
Trade fundamentals , and technicals if you want good entry points

patrick
07-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Just remember this is a heavily traded stock by the institutions, so don't read into up or down movements of the SP too much, and position appropriately.

Fundamental; not able to supply the market.
Life Pharmacy, on line, has two Products “ available in pharmacy only”

sb9
07-04-2020, 01:55 PM

With respect, I beg to differ with your thoughts on this.

Leftfield
07-04-2020, 02:07 PM

Agree.....doubt if it is on the radar of many institutions...yet.

Supply shortages, working double shifts..... looking good for the next update.

Been collecting quite a few of these in recent lows and liking the results so far!!

sb9
07-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Agree.....doubt if it is on the radar of many institutions...yet.

Supply shortages, working double shifts..... looking good for the next update.

Been collecting quite a few of these in recent lows and liking the results so far!!

Good on ya, I think today's rise could be attributed to general market buoyancy, a good Board appointment by company and positive report by AFT (no direct correlation just general medical sector strength)

justakiwi
07-04-2020, 02:14 PM
They are fulfilling online orders very efficiently and quickly, and offering shareholders a discount. Having bought a few shares recently, I figured now is probably a good time to try their product. Went with their new UltraBliS. Given my work situation I think it’s worth a try. Early days but I do think it is helping the ongoing chronic hypersensitive larynx related cough I have. If it can fix that, I will be one happy camper.

Cadalac123
07-04-2020, 02:23 PM

I think you misinterpreted my post, I just meant you don't need to top-up at highs all the time and it often pulls back a little. I implied the fundamentals are strong for a good report to be released.

patrick
07-04-2020, 02:48 PM
I think you misinterpreted my post, I just meant you don't need to top-up at highs all the time and it often pulls back a little. I implied the fundamentals are strong for a good report to be released.

If the institutions are heavily trading they must be doing it by Kereru!

sb9
07-04-2020, 02:49 PM

All good, no offence taken.

whatsup
07-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Q, Why have the bots taken over trading today ?

nevchev
08-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Noticed that myself.im hoping it's not a pump and dump scenario.

GR8DAY
08-04-2020, 11:11 AM
....bin going on for ages. Clear market manipulation taking place with BLT and should be looked into IMHO. Bots at work or pumpers and dumpers?

justakiwi
08-04-2020, 11:47 AM
I think you guys are getting a little paranoid. It is just small investors like me, buying small amounts every now and then. Sellers are probably selling because they want the cash for “bargains” right now.

....bin going on for ages. Clear market manipulation taking place with BLT and should be looked into IMHO. Bots at work or pumpers and dumpers?

pierre
08-04-2020, 12:17 PM
I think you guys are getting a little paranoid. It is just small investors like me, buying small amounts every now and then. Sellers are probably selling because they want the cash for “bargains” right now.

Really? Why would anyone buy 9, 27, 52, or 74 shares at a time. Seems highly unlikely to me that anyone would be making an investment of 61 cents or $1.84 etc.

Cant get my head around how that works when brokerage is involved.

Cadalac123
08-04-2020, 12:24 PM
I don’t know why people think institutions aren’t running algorithms on this to pick parcels up ..?

justakiwi
08-04-2020, 12:25 PM
I can’t speak for others, and no, I don’t/wouldn’t put in orders that small, but there are a lot of newbies to investing, buying through Sharesies for example, who might. It could be people putting in (say) $10 a week (even to a kid’s account), and spreading their auto order between several companies. Yes, I know that would not be an ideal scenario, but when people are learning, it’s not unfeasible that this could be happening.

Really? Why would anyone buy 9, 27, 52, or 74 shares at a time. Seems highly unlikely to me that anyone would be making an investment of 61 cents or $1.84 etc.

Cant get my head around how that works when brokerage is involved.

whatsup
08-04-2020, 12:51 PM
I can’t speak for others, and no, I don’t/wouldn’t put in orders that small, but there are a lot of newbies to investing, buying through Sharesies for example, who might. It could be people putting in (say) $10 a week (even to a kid’s account), and spreading their auto order between several companies. Yes, I know that would not be an ideal scenario, but when people are learning, it’s not unfeasible that this could be happening.

Why buy $10 worth of any share when you also have to pay $29 - $40 brokerage ?

clip
08-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Why buy $10 worth of any share when you also have to pay $29 - $40 brokerage ?

With sharesies the brokerage on that would be around 1.5cents

sb9
08-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Think you will get that today ..

A day later we got there, just hit 7c mark..

justakiwi
08-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Exactly. Which is why small investors like me, are now able to invest - something we couldn’t economically do before.

With sharesies the brokerage on that would be around 1.5cents

clip
08-04-2020, 02:18 PM
Exactly. Which is why small investors like me, are now able to invest - something we couldn’t economically do before.

Same here. Just placed a $150 order, (not on BLT), brokerage was $0.75

patrick
08-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Same here. Just placed a $150 order, (not on BLT), brokerage was $0.75

WHY NOT?
Hard to go past a Company where demand for its product exceeds its ability to fill orders.

clip
08-04-2020, 02:36 PM
WHY NOT?
Hard to go past a Company where demand for its product exceeds its ability to fill orders.

Nothing wrong with BLT, I already have some, it would put me out of balance if I added more, and there's other stocks I want to pick up first before more BLT!

pierre
08-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Nothing wrong with BLT, I already have some, it would put me out of balance if I added more, and there's other stocks I want to pick up first before more BLT!

I've ridden the waves with BLT since 2005. I have added to my holding during the company's many trials, tribulations and false starts - at one point buying a large number of shares at 0.7 cents each so my average cost is now less than 2c. I've never sold a single share and always believed there was a great future for the business.

As a result of of the current market volatility and the upward trend in its SP BLT has shot up to 20% of my 7 figure portfolio. I still don't intend to sell any and will wait patiently for ATM, HGH and a number of others eventually to do the re-balancing for me. In the meantime, there probably will be more ups and downs with BLT but I am really looking forward to the FY20 results - and the forecast for next year.

clip
08-04-2020, 06:11 PM
I've ridden the waves with BLT since 2005. I have added to my holding during the company's many trials, tribulations and false starts - at one point buying a large number of shares at 0.7 cents each so my average cost is now less than 2c. I've never sold a single share and always believed there was a great future for the business.

As a result of of the current market volatility and the upward trend in its SP BLT has shot up to 20% of my 7 figure portfolio. I still don't intend to sell any and will wait patiently for ATM, HGH and a number of others eventually to do the re-balancing for me. In the meantime, there probably will be more ups and downs with BLT but I am really looking forward to the FY20 results - and the forecast for next year.

My post was more about the sharesies brokerage in response to previous posters, not meaning to poo-poo BLT at all, if that is how people are taking it? Perhaps not the best place to post it, however this is where the question was raised... In time I will be buying more BLT, however, not while my portfolio has 0 shares of the other companies I want to buy, and some number of BLT dhares

Leftfield
08-04-2020, 07:10 PM

Well done Pierre! Your long view is a good example of how to get to a 7 figure portfolio.

Cadalac123
08-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Yeah I admire that Pierre, to be honest I think that idea of bringing your cost average down that much is amazing, will pay off significantly. Who knows when, but when it does, it'll net you a ridiculous return over entering and exiting a lot in the short term which increases your chances of missing a significant milestone

patrick
08-04-2020, 10:17 PM

I can go back further, or can I, to an issue, the maximum take up was $ 15,000 worth, ( I took two lots) I can’t remember the cost per share but the shares on allocation were worth a lot more than the cost. This was clear when terms of the offer made but not a lot of shareholders took up their entitlement. Perhaps that was about the 0.7 but I think earlier. Someone will have a better memory.

Snow Leopard
08-04-2020, 10:37 PM
So in a year or two, when we are all allowed to shake hands again and this corona-virus is forgotten, will BLT be making money?

pierre
09-04-2020, 07:55 AM
I can go back further, or can I, to an issue, the maximum take up was $ 15,000 worth, ( I took two lots) I can’t remember the cost per share but the shares on allocation were worth a lot more than the cost. This was clear when terms of the offer made but not a lot of shareholders took up their entitlement. Perhaps that was about the 0.7 but I think earlier. Someone will have a better memory.

I checked my records and bought 1m shares at 0.7 in October 2012. A year later, October 2013, I bought another larger lot at 1 cent. I think one of those purchases was when BLT converted preference shares into ordinary capital to avoid having to pay interest - can't recall which one it was though.

sb9
09-04-2020, 08:02 AM
I checked my records and bought 1m shares at 0.7 in October 2012. A year later, October 2013, I bought another larger lot at 1 cent. I think one of those purchases was when BLT converted preference shares into ordinary capital to avoid having to pay interest - can't recall which one it was though.

Good on ya pierre for believing in your conviction.

pierre
09-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Good on ya pierre for believing in your conviction.

😁Thanks. Hasn't been all beer and skittles - there have been plenty of ups and downs along the way with this company. But nice to have BLT on an upwards trajectory right now while many others are in the doldrums.

@Snow Leopard: I certainly hope so.

nevchev
09-04-2020, 02:16 PM
There's no doubt Corona has been a wake up for many.Immunity enhancement backed by scientific fact and a need to be proactive should see sales continue in an upward trajectory at least while memories of this remain fresh.

Leftfield
09-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Just out....upgrade (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351567)

Blis Technologies Limited (NZX:BLT) advises that it has experienced further
significant growth in product sales during the month of March. As a result,
the financial performance for the 12 months to 31 March 2020 is expected to
exceed previous guidance.

Our latest guidance is for FY20 revenue of around $10.6 million, and EBITDA
of around $2.1 million. These figures are subject to completion of the annual
audit.

This is an increase on the previous guidance provided on 16 March 2020 of
revenue of around $10.0m and EBITDA of $1.5m to $1.7m.

sb9
09-04-2020, 03:05 PM
BOOM

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351567 (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351567)

Upgraded FY20 guidance
Blis Technologies Limited (NZX:BLT) advises that it has experienced further significant growth in product sales during the month of March. As a result, the financial performance for the 12 months to 31 March 2020 is expected to exceed previous guidance.
Our latest guidance is for FY20 revenue of around $10.6 million, and EBITDA of around $2.1 million. These figures are subject to completion of the annual audit.
This is an increase on the previous guidance provided on 16 March 2020 of revenue of around $10.0m and EBITDA of $1.5m to $1.7m.

TobyPascoe92
09-04-2020, 03:13 PM
BOOM

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351567 (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351567)

Upgraded FY20 guidance
Blis Technologies Limited (NZX:BLT) advises that it has experienced further significant growth in product sales during the month of March. As a result, the financial performance for the 12 months to 31 March 2020 is expected to exceed previous guidance.
Our latest guidance is for FY20 revenue of around $10.6 million, and EBITDA of around $2.1 million. These figures are subject to completion of the annual audit.
This is an increase on the previous guidance provided on 16 March 2020 of revenue of around $10.0m and EBITDA of $1.5m to $1.7m.

Strap in folks

whatsup
09-04-2020, 03:13 PM
BOOM

Upgraded FY20 guidance

Hence the very strong demand for BLT today, knocking on .07 door early , be interesting if it can hold that price going into todays close.

Cadalac123
09-04-2020, 03:22 PM
hopefully enough to break the 0.069-0.070 resistance level it couldn't seem to break before..

sb9
09-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Hence the very strong demand for BLT today, knocking on .07 door early , be interesting if it can hold that price going into todays close.

One thing's sure though, the exuberance that was there at beginning of new year in Jan when it went past 7c seem to align with numbers that are coming out now. Largely thanks to Covid-19 situation, but for this demand wouldn't have been this strong for their products.

Leftfield
09-04-2020, 03:33 PM
hopefully enough to break the 0.069-0.070 resistance level it couldn't seem to break before..

Now broken....heading for previous high of .078 IMHO. Just a question of time. Well done holders!

Cadalac123
09-04-2020, 03:42 PM
hopefully breaks 0.080 and then the old 0.120 resistance level.. or not haha

pierre
09-04-2020, 03:55 PM
hopefully breaks 0.080 and then the old 0.120 resistance level.. or not haha

Even if it doesn't get to 8 cents today I still think I might be tempted to open a bottle of something fizzy tonight - probably not lemonade either.

It's an ill wind etc...........

patrick
09-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Not bad for those who took up issue at $0.007 in 2012.

nevchev
09-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Not bad for those who took up issue at $0.007 in 2012.
Quite right.where else can you buy into a profitable nz company for under 10c.Dont lose sight of the potential here,however much the sp has gone up.cheers

Snow Leopard
09-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Wonders will never cease.

Today was my most profitable on the NZX ever, I am not sure whether to be overjoyed or frightened by it. :ohmy:

and in the not only but also category:

BLT is now my largest holding on the NZX. :scared:

Treating myself to fish & chips for lunch today. :t_up:

Ggcc
09-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Even if it doesn't get to 8 cents today I still think I might be tempted to open a bottle of something fizzy tonight - probably not lemonade either.

It's an ill wind etc...........

Well done to you!!!

Cadalac123
10-04-2020, 11:32 AM
Looks like it’s going to test the old 0.080 level, this will be interesting

patrick
10-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Disappointed in the P M
She never thought to have a box of Toddlers Daily Defence at Neve’s feet with the Easter egg drawing.
Should be promoting local product but other things to think about I guess.

pierre
10-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Looks like it’s going to test the old 0.080 level, this will be interesting

I think we need to be careful to not get too carried away about the SP. There's a tradition of over-exuberance followed by a sizeable pull back a few days later. $2m EBITDA for a company now valued at over $80m is not exactly a mammoth return for shareholders.

I'll need to see the current sales momentum continue once CV19 drops off everyone's radar, then consistent annual sales of at least $15-20m before I get too excited. The good thing is there will be no tax to pay for a while though so they can hang on to the cash generated to cover increased inventory and debtors etc.

Based on the latest numbers we've been given, it seems like BLT is maintaining pretty healthy margins. I hope they invest some of that profit in cost-effective marketing too. It's the right time to spread the Blis story further to help achieve those greater sales volumes.

Im not at all negative about what they have achieved this year - I'm delighted with the news. I just hope they can keep their foot to the floor to capitalise on current conditions and build a secure foundation for the future. It's looking good - let's hope they make it great.

patrick
10-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Now even the Blis Company on line Daily Defence, vanilla, is out of stock! Third shift needed?

Chippie
10-04-2020, 05:03 PM

I just looked up my records on BLT

May 2009 - We could purchase Preference shares BLTPA at $1 each and received 10% dividends p/a for 3 years. In May 2012 we had the options convert the preference shares at 95% of the weighted average which came to 1.2985 cents per share. I remember at the time I was very happy with the 6 monthly dividends.

Oct 2012 we the share purchase plan allowed us to purchase up to $15k of shares at .07 cents per share

Oct 2013 the share purchase plan allowed us to purchase up to $15K of shares at 1.0 cents per share. The good thing here was both my wife and I both took up the maximum allocation.

Over the years I have sold enough shares when they went up to 3 and 5 cents to be able to get back all my original outlay plus a healthy profit in the bank. Although still holding a very good number of shares it would have been nice if they had got to this point this year (even before Covid) a few years earlier.

But in the end, I guess it shows the benefit of patience and that perhaps good things do take time?

silverblizzard888
10-04-2020, 06:38 PM
Expected FY20
Revenue $10.6 million
EBITDA $2.1 million
Growth 26%

FY19 Highlights:
Revenue $8.4 million
$0.4m maiden net profit
$0.9m EBITDA
59% growth in total revenue drives 5-year CAGR of + 45%

Looking for $1.2 million profit, given growth has slowed, but likely see a nice growth in profits going forward I'd say 9.5 cents per share seems reasonable.

Chippie
10-04-2020, 07:16 PM
What is really interesting is that in 2weeks revenue went up 600k and EBITDA up 400 to 500k. This was additonal to the forcast 2 weeks earlier. So more than double already increased forcast for 2 weeks at fantastic margin. These are rough figures on my phone but pretty sure this is right. Wonder how sustainable these sales will be?

Cadalac123
10-04-2020, 10:35 PM
What is really interesting is that in 2weeks revenue went up 600k and EBITDA up 400 to 500k. This was additonal to the forcast 2 weeks earlier. So more than double already increased forcast for 2 weeks at fantastic margin. These are rough figures on my phone but pretty sure this is right. Wonder how sustainable these sales will be?

Even if they aren’t sustainable long term there’s been additional free marketing and increased customer base. Even a little retention will help with growth. Companies basically had a little cash injection with the whole ordeal

DazRaz
10-04-2020, 10:38 PM
I think a desire to take every precaution to stay healthy will be around for quite some time after the pandemic. The key thing is that the customer base has increased significantly and even if that drops significantly post pandemic their annual sales will still be much higher.

Cadalac123
10-04-2020, 10:41 PM
I think a desire to take every precaution to stay healthy will be around for quite some time after the pandemic. The key thing is that the customer base has increased significantly and even if that drops significantly post pandemic their annual sales will still be much higher.

Yeah I mean sure maybe people won’t stock pile Blis after the event but I’m sure a lot will be extra cautious for the next year or so and that will basically be additional marketing before new products come out too eg their skin line

patrick
11-04-2020, 06:31 PM
Skin line?

artemis
11-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Skin line?

Mentioned a few months ago as in development - Q24, lives on the skin - BLT recently advertised for a Q24 brand manager.

blissfool
11-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Huge jump in profitable sales for March, ever disaster creates opportunity. It's great that Blis at last got its ducks in a row to make the most of this opportunity. Oral healthcare and prevention will be a big part of consumer psyche now. Based On Marchs result the next financial year could be twice as good as the last one, I can't see things slowing down for Blis, if they can cross more borders especially China look out 20 cents. Watch the Sales grow in Italy where the brand has been for several years and then surrounding countries.

patrick
11-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Huge jump in profitable sales for March, ever disaster creates opportunity. It's great that Blis at last got its ducks in a row to make the most of this opportunity. Oral healthcare and prevention will be a big part of consumer psyche now. Based On Marchs result the next financial year could be twice as good as the last one, I can't see things slowing down for Blis, if they can cross more borders especially China look out 20 cents. Watch the Sales grow in Italy where the brand has been for several years and then surrounding countries.
Thanks.Will be interesting.

winner69
12-04-2020, 10:21 AM
BLT third most picked stock in the picking competition

Justifying that support

Chippie
13-04-2020, 04:48 PM
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/23dad3a1/blis-technologies-provides-upgraded-fy20-guidance.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Blis%20Technologies%20Provides%20Upgr aded%20FY20%20Guidance&utm_content=Blis%20Technologies%20Provides%20Upgra ded%20FY20%20Guidance+CID_a77bc978c960d3618e75056c c8917d72&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=httpwwwsharechatconzarticle23dad3a1blis-technologies-provides-upgraded-fy20-guidancehtml

A good article above, a couple of specific extracts below. I especially like the "more than double the normal output"

“In February we hired additional staff at our production facility in Dunedin which has enabled us to more than double the normal output from this facility. We have also ensured our operating procedures have been updated as required in accordance with Government COVID-19 guidance for safe working practices. We will continue to implement additional initiatives to increase output in line with demand, while ensuring we maintain a safe working environment for our staff.”

"We anticipate challenges ahead with interruptions to our supplier base and ongoing delays in the outbound supply chain related to freight capacity. We will continue to monitor the situation closely.”

artemis
13-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Blis has a big advantage over our primary industry exporters in that its products are small, light, shelf stable. Not the weightless exports we are also good at but close.

patrick
13-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Daily Defence, vanilla, still unavailable on the Blis web site.

suse
14-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Dont get me wrong, I'm a Blis supporter (although no longer a current shareholder) but Blis has not helped the italians so far it would seem. I am using the UltraBlis though in the hope of staving off nasties entering via my throat.

Dlownz
14-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Big climb gathering momentum

Arthur
14-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Dont get me wrong, I'm a Blis supporter (although no longer a current shareholder) but Blis has not helped the italians so far it would seem. I am using the UltraBlis though in the hope of staving off nasties entering via my throat.

Very few Italians take Blis. Do you know how many of the infected were? Not saying that it would have made a difference, but to say that it didn't help when there is no evidence that the sick took Blis not a good argument. Taking Blis may not of helped, or maybe those that took it were better off. My anecdotal evidence is over the years sick days in our household dropped significantly when we started taking it. Scientific? hell no, but we are unlikely to take the risk of stopping.

winner69
14-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Made a few bob on BLT a few years ago ...and always had a morbid fascination about the company.

Bit bored last week so having another dabble

Looks like nothing can go wrong ....all the stars aligned to enrich shareholders ...even more so if they could their act together and make heaps more ..pull finger guys

Go Blis ...go you good thing

GR8DAY
14-04-2020, 10:40 AM
Clearly price manipulation (at it's worse) going on here. What a joke. Greedy bots got nothing else to do during lockdown I suppose? Some burnt fingers on the horizon I reckon!

Dlownz
14-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Clearly price manipulation (at it's worse) going on here. What a joke. Greedy bots got nothing else to do during lockdown I suppose? Some burnt fingers on the horizon I reckon!

Are you talking about the rise today. It is on the back of Thursday announcement plus not alot of depth as it got cleaned out Thursday arvo. Unless I'm missing something.

DazRaz
14-04-2020, 10:51 AM

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. My take is that people are late to adjust to the improved profit forecast. Maybe 5G is to blame....

GR8DAY
14-04-2020, 10:56 AM
What all of a sudden 400 or so buyers appear or step up in sinc?......common guys. ...wakey wakey

justakiwi
14-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again.

Sharesies investors

and/or

People looking for a bargain “worth a punt” lottery ticket.

What all of a sudden 400 or so buyers appear or step up in sinc?......common guys. ...wakey wakey

DazRaz
14-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Late Thursday - just before Easter there is an upgraded profit forecast. Also, it is held by a larger number of Sharesies investors. It is a first company on the list when you go to invest with Sharesies. Lots of small trades that's all.

I don't know why you would think it surprising that people would want to buy after an increased profit forecast.

Ggcc
14-04-2020, 11:09 AM
Fantastic for Pierre. He will be cracking another bottle of the good stuff haha. Congratulations to all holders. I’m unfortunately not one.

nevchev
14-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Fantastic for Pierre. He will be cracking another bottle of the good stuff haha. Congratulations to all holders. I’m unfortunately not one.
It's sometimes better late than never.So much potential here

patrick
14-04-2020, 11:24 AM
“ Burnt fingers on the horizon”
Yes, eventually, as always, but my sight is grand and horizon a long way off.

Cadalac123
14-04-2020, 11:32 AM
The 106 are more than likely representative of a bot trade . Those existed before sharesies too iirc

Cadalac123
14-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Geez I was joking about breaking 0.080 and 0.120 but it’s actually going that direction hah

whatsup
14-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Nice 1,000,000 trade went through !

winner69
14-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Nice 1,000,000 trade went through !

Might even get to 10 cents today ...yes?

pierre
14-04-2020, 12:23 PM

Looking pretty amazing right now Ggcc - BLT now at a scary 25% of my portfolio! Might open more than one bottle if today's close starts with a 9.

There's a huge amount of future growth factored into the SP at 9.5 cents right now though and if BLT is true to form the exuberance will fade as the day wears on.

It's the FY21 guidance in the May EOFY report that I'm looking forward to.

RGR367
14-04-2020, 12:34 PM
Looking pretty amazing right now Ggcc - BLT now at a scary 25% of my portfolio! Might open more than one bottle if today's close starts with a 9.

There's a huge amount of future growth factored into the SP at 9.5 cents right now though and if BLT is true to form the exuberance will fade as the day wears on.

It's the FY21 guidance in the May EOFY report that I'm looking forward to.

We'll definitely hit 10 cents this week. But then again, where's Simla? Though I got a couple of mil shares on it too, Pierre cannot carry the positiveness of this thread alone.

winner69
14-04-2020, 12:37 PM
We'll definitely hit 10 cents this week. But then again, where's Simla? Though I got a couple of mil shares on it too, Pierre cannot carry the positiveness of this thread alone.

No no ,..,10 cents today

Go Blis .....go you good thing

Cadalac123
14-04-2020, 01:00 PM
Edit............

Ggcc
14-04-2020, 01:02 PM
Here comes the selling brigade .
Trading BLT is a headache tbh , follow the crowd and enter the wrong time and follow the crowd and exit the wrong time too.

Can’t predict the next move. Oh yes it’s being sold off ends up going down and then just spikes when you don’t want it to .

Will hold my little parcel long anyways as I’ve learnt selling before reports on companies which have materially improved always burns you

Many shares are rallying. Look at MHJ

TobyPascoe92
14-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Go Blis Go! Up 55% in my portfolio since I purchased a few weeks ago :). If I didn't have work tonight it would be a couple of bottles Pierre

Cadalac123
14-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Many shares are rallying. Look at MHJ

I don't think its fair to compare MHJ and BLT from a fundamental perspective or even a technical one for that matter..

Ggcc
14-04-2020, 01:55 PM
I don't think its fair to compare MHJ and BLT from a fundamental perspective or even a technical one for that matter..
Sorry no comparison at all just a percentage increase. Serko is another.

Cadalac123
14-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Sorry no comparison at all just a percentage increase. Serko is another.

yeah fair comment, quite a lot of exuberance in an interesting pick of stocks today..
I guess you could argue BLT had tailwind pressure from an upgraded guidance, whereas the other two
will probably be downgrading

pierre
14-04-2020, 02:03 PM

As I predicted..... A few burnt fingers today I suspect.

Rego55
14-04-2020, 03:56 PM
As I predicted..... A few burnt fingers today I suspect.

Pierre, where do you realistically see Blis getting to by the end of this year?

I'm surprised to see it up hitting 9.5 after getting so used to it being in the 2's and below.

kerryo
14-04-2020, 04:54 PM

I'm surprised to see it up hitting 9.5 after getting so used to it being in the 2's and below.

It will depend on their results and updates during the year. Anyone's guess?? :)

pierre
14-04-2020, 05:08 PM

I was surprised too.

The company has issued three updated guidance reports over the past 2 months (4 February, 16 March & 9 April). The revenue projections increased from $9.4m in Feb to $10.6m on 9 April. Interestingly, almost all of that forecast revenue gain (+$1.2m) has translated through to increased EBITDA (+$1.1m). They might have canned a few expenses over the past few months, but the figures seem to indicate either BLT was undercooking their initial profit forecast or they must have some pretty healthy margins. (A bit of both I suspect.)

At 9c the company is valued at $100m and +/-$2m profit doesn't exactly justify that SP. The PE at around 60 suggests there's a huge amount of growth already baked in.

Some of the big questions in my mind are:
a) will the "immunity demand" that is driving growth continue and be sustainable post-Covid?
b) will an investment in more marketing further increase sales?
c) can the company capitalise on this opportunity to expand into new markets? China has been talked about in the past but doesn't appear to be have eventuated. Getting traction there would be a game changer.
d) do they have production capacity (or can quickly develop it) to maximise the current opportunities?
e) what will the profit be if sales increase to say $20m for FY21?

What will the SP be at the end of the year? Depends on the answers to the questions above - and probably some others too.

I'm not at all sure an SP with a 9 in it is justified right now. I'm reserving judgement though until we get the EOFY report in May - unless there's another market update prior to then.

Meantime I am certainly enjoying the roller coaster ride and the renewed interest in BLT (15 million shares changed hands today - none of them were mine though!)

patrick
14-04-2020, 05:36 PM
e) IF Sales increase to $20m then on reported figures ( 9th April) profit will be around $10m

SausageDog
14-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Blis’ biggest problem is their ingredient supply chain, they have soaked up there reserve raw material in this extra sales demand. Fonterra manufacture their probiotic K12 raw ingredients and can only deliver contracted supply and have no capacity to increase the raw material supply to BLIS. This will cause a raw material supply shortage going forward as indicated in their release on Thursday. Basically they can’t sell more than the have, and they have no capacity for increasing production of the pure K12 ingredients. Increasing sales to $20m next year is unlikely unless they find additional raw material supply. It not that easy to ramp up, and who else can wholesale manufacturing probiotics especially in NZ.

I believed Blis is overvalued at present as they haven’t proven their reliability or their business continuity. Perfect storm in demand leading to shortages in the future months.

Tread carefully here, great business in principal , don’t get burnt by the hype, this is a business still run by scientist and not businessmen and has growing pains to come.

Their products absolutely do work , I have seen proof time and time again and the science backs it up. I do believe in Blis but to many shares on issue and they are constrained by their ability to rapidly grow .

Disclosure: I am an amateur on here and this is just my very small opinion.

patrick
14-04-2020, 08:45 PM
The latest report alerts to the distribution problem, no mention of ingredient supply problem.
Can you expand S Dog, and thanks.

Sideshow Bob
14-04-2020, 08:49 PM
I was surprised too.

The company has issued three updated guidance reports over the past 2 months (4 February, 16 March & 9 April). The revenue projections increased from $9.4m in Feb to $10.6m on 9 April. Interestingly, almost all of that forecast revenue gain (+$1.2m) has translated through to increased EBITDA (+$1.1m). They might have canned a few expenses over the past few months, but the figures seem to indicate either BLT was undercooking their initial profit forecast or they must have some pretty healthy margins. (A bit of both I suspect.)

At 9c the company is valued at $100m and +/-$2m profit doesn't exactly justify that SP. The PE at around 60 suggests there's a huge amount of growth already baked in.

a) will the "immunity demand" that is driving growth continue and be sustainable post-Covid?
c) can the company capitalise on this opportunity to expand into new markets? China has been talked about in the past but doesn't appear to be have eventuated. Getting traction there would be a game changer.
d) do they have production capacity (or can quickly develop it) to maximise the current opportunities?

What will the SP be at the end of the year? Depends on the answers to the questions above - and probably some others too.

I'm not at all sure an SP with a 9 in it is justified right now. I'm reserving judgement though until we get the EOFY report in May - unless there's another market update prior to then.

Meantime I am certainly enjoying the roller coaster ride and the renewed interest in BLT (15 million shares changed hands today - none of them were mine though!)

I've been looking at Blis and earlier thought their bottom line would take a good boost with an increase in sales. Been trying to model what it might come out like, but bit like you, a bit surprised by the latest announcement.

Again that PE is pretty grunty. They've been at it a long time so good to see them have a bit of time in the sun.

15 million shares sounds like a lot......except that they have over 1.1 billion on issue! A good candidate for a share consolidation. :p

Sideshow Bob
14-04-2020, 08:50 PM
One thing I was interested in recently was their patent situation - but got no replies. Anyone have a brief overview? TIA.

Arthur
14-04-2020, 08:56 PM
The latest report alerts to the distribution problem, no mention of ingredient supply problem.
Can you expand S Dog, and thanks.

We anticipate challenges ahead with interruptions to our supplier base and ongoing delays in the outbound supply chain related to freight capacity. We will continue to monitor the situation closely.”

pierre
15-04-2020, 07:14 AM
I

15 million shares sounds like a lot......except that they have over 1.1 billion on issue! A good candidate for a share consolidation. :p

Agree 15m is only a small proportion of the total number of shares issued but quite high volume relative to normal daily trading.
Share consolidation hasn't been considered by the company in the past because of the cost of the exercise. Could be a good time to get this back on the company's radar - as long as it doesn't divert their attention from continuing to ramp up production and sales.

Snow Leopard
15-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Nice when you biggest NZX holding is goes ballistic.

With a market cap of $100M and no real debt the question is can one see profit growth to $10M profit pa within the next five years?

I would suggest that is a definite maybe. Time for a song, sing along :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCorJG9mubk

sb9
15-04-2020, 08:02 AM
Blis’ biggest problem is their ingredient supply chain, they have soaked up there reserve raw material in this extra sales demand. Fonterra manufacture their probiotic K12 raw ingredients and can only deliver contracted supply and have no capacity to increase the raw material supply to BLIS. This will cause a raw material supply shortage going forward as indicated in their release on Thursday. Basically they can’t sell more than the have, and they have no capacity for increasing production of the pure K12 ingredients. Increasing sales to $20m next year is unlikely unless they find additional raw material supply. It not that easy to ramp up, and who else can wholesale manufacturing probiotics especially in NZ.

I believed Blis is overvalued at present as they haven’t proven their reliability or their business continuity. Perfect storm in demand leading to shortages in the future months.

Tread carefully here, great business in principal , don’t get burnt by the hype, this is a business still run by scientist and not businessmen and has growing pains to come.

Their products absolutely do work , I have seen proof time and time again and the science backs it up. I do believe in Blis but to many shares on issue and they are constrained by their ability to rapidly grow .

Thanks for enlightening re Fonterra role in supplying raw ingredients for K12 probiotic, wasn't aware of that, bit of learning for me.
And good balanced and practical views re Blis business overall, well done.

forest
15-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Blis’ biggest problem is their ingredient supply chain, they have soaked up there reserve raw material in this extra sales demand. Fonterra manufacture their probiotic K12 raw ingredients and can only deliver contracted supply and have no capacity to increase the raw material supply to BLIS.(SausageDog)

SD I am surprised by your comment that Fonterra have no capacity to increase the raw material supply to BLIS. Fonterra is a giant specially compared to BLIS, can you expand on this comment please.
Cheers.

patrick
15-04-2020, 09:40 AM
Thanks,
I got “our supplier base” wrong but some comfort in the extra shift employed.

SausageDog
15-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Hi forest,

Fonterra’s probiotic plant manufactures mainly for their own needs, mainly probiotics into infant formula. It runs at capacity year round and supply’s 3rd party customers. The Blis business is low value smaller volume and should Fonterra’s own demand increase as it has done under the current Covid emergency it will be 3rd party’s that will get less or no supply. Blis are already supplied more product than contracted. I imagine that Fonterra’s probiotic unit has a higher asset value than the market cap of Blis.

I don’t believe Blis can ramp up capacity at any speed and definitely not at the current rate of panic.

winner69
15-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Hi forest,

Fonterra’s probiotic plant manufactures mainly for their own needs, mainly probiotics into infant formula. It runs at capacity year round and supply’s 3rd party customers. The Blis business is low value smaller volume and should Fonterra’s own demand increase as it has done under the current Covid emergency it will be 3rd party’s that will get less or no supply. Blis are already supplied more product than contracted. I imagine that Fonterra’s probiotic unit has a higher asset value than the market cap of Blis.

I don’t believe Blis can ramp up capacity at any speed and definitely not at the current rate of panic.

Thanks mate

Huge demand but can’t supply ...what a bugger

Suppose that’s what happens when (as somebody said on here) scientists run a business

should say supply chain specialists call managing a supply chain successfully is a science

forest
15-04-2020, 10:13 AM
Hi forest,

Thanks for sharing SD. Do you know what Fonterra is supplying Blis? Is it just a medium that Blis uses to grow their healthy bacteria's on or is it a finished product?

SausageDog
15-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Fonterra grow and concentrate all the Blis bacteria and supply it as a highly concentrated freeze dried powder. Blis then formulate it blending down to the correct cell count and manufacture the capsules or powders. Blis don’t make their raw material and don’t have the capacity to do so.

Leftfield
15-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Thanks for sharing SD. Do you know what Fonterra is supplying Blis? Is it just a medium that Blis uses to grow their healthy bacteria's on or is it a finished product?

Good Q..... SML just up the road as an alternative supplier?? Hint hint.

SausageDog
15-04-2020, 10:54 AM
SML arnt a probiotic or pharmaceutical manufacturer, just a milk company at the moment.

Brain
15-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Not being able to meet increased demand is probably one of the best problems to have in these times. If only the rest of my shareholding’s were having the same problem. Possibly if Bliss was willing to pay more for the probiotics Fonterra might give them priority.

Rego55
15-04-2020, 11:34 AM
I was surprised too.

Got it - thanks for your insight.

nevchev
15-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Market seems to be waking up to possible issues unraveling as demand increases.its been a great run but reality had to set in at some stage.still a good prospect for the long term.cheers

Leftfield
15-04-2020, 12:07 PM
SML arnt a probiotic or pharmaceutical manufacturer, just a milk company at the moment.

Thanks SD. Never say never..... good opportunity for SML and a need for BLT to diversify. It'll be interesting to see what eventuates.

Agree with others that current SP is ahead of itself. However, a good longer term hold IMHO.

TobyPascoe92
15-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Does anyone use SimplyWallSt as a basic analysis tool? It has fair value at $0.14. IMHO I still think this is going to slowly creep up until results day as the likes of sharesies traders and others look for short term gains (possibly to recover their portfolios).

justakiwi
15-04-2020, 12:33 PM
My experience of Simply Wall Street, is that they don’t seem to know NZ companies well. I take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Does anyone use SimplyWallSt as a basic analysis tool? It has fair value at $0.14. IMHO I still think this is going to slowly creep up until results day as the likes of sharesies traders and others look for short term gains (possibly to recover their portfolios).

Brain
15-04-2020, 12:49 PM
My experience of Simply Wall Street, is that they don’t seem to know NZ companies well. I take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Probably the same could be said for a lot of NZ analysts

Cadalac123
16-04-2020, 03:33 AM
Probably the same could be said for a lot of NZ analysts

Let’s not forget it’s run by AI software so probably more objective too .

Simply wallst gives gross fundamental figures. I think it’s better learning dcf yourself and assessing your own intrinsic value rather than relying on calculators when you don’t know what assumptions they are making

pierre
18-04-2020, 11:15 AM
There hasn't been a post on the BLT thread for a couple days and the SP has dropped to 8.5cps.

Just thought I'd get the company back on the ST radar and see if it generates any market action on Monday. 😆 (Have to find some way to fill in time this weekend.)

clip
18-04-2020, 11:19 AM
There hasn't been a post on the BLT thread for a couple days and the SP has dropped to 8.5cps.

Just thought I'd get the company back on the ST radar and see if it generates any market action on Monday. 😆 (Have to find some way to fill in time this weekend.)

You'd be better to post about it on the sharesies Facebook then hah

pierre
18-04-2020, 11:25 AM

Good call - perhaps I'll try that too. That will fill in a few more minutes too. 👍

nztx
18-04-2020, 11:34 AM

Just thought I'd get the company back on the ST radar and see if it generates any market action on Monday. �� (Have to find some way to fill in time this weekend.)

but not unnoticed - I dipped the toe in recently & probably be back looking to repeat

pierre
18-04-2020, 11:54 AM
but not unnoticed - I dipped the toe in recently & probably be back looking to repeat

I'm looking forward to the FY2O results announcement in May - the guidance for FY21 will be the most interesting (and potentially market moving) part.

Hopefully we will be updated on raw material supply and production capability to answer some of the speculation on this thread about those issues.

patrick
18-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Daily Defence, junior and Honey Blis out of stock at Pharmacy Direct.

pierre
18-04-2020, 03:42 PM

OMG -Went onto the Sharesies FB site. - or should I say the Wild West! Seems most of the participants think they're rolling the dice at a casino.

winner69
18-04-2020, 03:49 PM
OMG -Went onto the Sharesies FB site. - or should I say the Wild West! Seems most of the participants think they're rolling the dice at a casino.

Isn’t the NZX really just a casino as well?

pierre
18-04-2020, 04:10 PM

Guess it depends on whether you are a trader or an investor. I place myself in the latter category - but that's just my opinion.

From the comments on FB, Sharesies seems to have plenty of inexperienced punters looking for a quick buck. I'm sure they exist elsewhere too - just not as obvious.

nztx
18-04-2020, 04:10 PM

possibly not far wrong

but everyone has to start somewhere

Pricey
18-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Read this in an announcement from Blackmores - will be interesting to see whether BLT are equally affected in the medium term: “While the outbreak has resulted in increased demand for key immunity products in Australia and Asia, the impact of the sales has been countered by the supply chain disruptions across the region as a result of the contagion”

justakiwi
18-04-2020, 11:55 PM
Now that you've satisfied your curiosity, why not try to help those beginners better understand the basics of investing, instead of having a laugh at their expense? "Be Kind" doesn't only apply to the lockdown you know.

co0p
19-04-2020, 06:35 AM
Now that you've satisfied your curiosity, why not try to help those beginners better understand the basics of investing, instead of having a laugh at their expense? "Be Kind" doesn't only apply to the lockdown you know.

hear, hear

Arthur
19-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Who would have thought that the agreement/relationship with Fonterra would be the weak link for Blis. On the flipside companies like Comvita are now able to capitalise on the glut of inventory left over from their poor year last year. Comvita is now off the ventilator and dreaming of the race for an adequate return, Blis is running the race, but can't get past the big fat guy in front of them.

patrick
19-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Read this in an announcement from Blackmores - will be interesting to see whether BLT are equally affected in the medium term: “While the outbreak has resulted in increased demand for key immunity products in Australia and Asia, the impact of the sales has been countered by the supply chain disruptions across the region as a result of the contagion”

This must have impacted Blis but this will be ameliorated by greatly increased sales on the Blis on line site, where prices are higher than Blis get from supplying other vendors.

TobyPascoe92
19-04-2020, 02:03 PM
I see this very temporary supply issue as only an issue if you intending on making a quick buck out of your BLT shares. It will get sorted, it may take a few months of even 6 but if you are in for the long haul with Blis then you still should be rewarded. Hopefully they can still pump out enough supply to their website and pharmacy’s to keep the new subscribers to their products stocked in the meantime. The demand is inventively going to drop off though in the next few weeks as human nature says “I’m safe from the virus now, I don’t need these”, which will mean the urgent need for the supply line from fonterra isn’t so urgent anymore.

justakiwi
19-04-2020, 02:12 PM
You might be surprised. I suspect many people will have purchased for the first time, as I did, with the thought that it “might help and can’t hurt” right now. A number of those people may inadvertently discover that the product has actually helped with an existing issue, in which case they may well continue purchasing/using long term.

I have been pleasantly surprised to find that UltraBlis seems to have had a huge positive impact on my long term, chronic cough. I have just started my second bottle, and my cough is pretty much gone. The improvement was noticeable after the first week of taking it and has improved quickly since then. Sure, it might be a complete fluke, but from what I know about my cough and how it manifests/works - I feel quite sure UltraBlis has had an effect. Which means, I will probably continue to purchase.

The demand is inventively going to drop off though in the next few weeks as human nature says “I’m safe from the virus now, I don’t need these”.

RGR367
19-04-2020, 04:11 PM
You might be surprised. I suspect many people will have purchased for the first time, as I did, with the thought that it “might help and can’t hurt” right now. A number of those people may inadvertently discover that the product has actually helped with an existing issue, in which case they may well continue purchasing/using long term.

I have been pleasantly surprised to find that UltraBlis seems to have had a huge positive impact on my long term, chronic cough. I have just started my second bottle, and my cough is pretty much gone. The improvement was noticeable after the first week of taking it and has improved quickly since then. Sure, it might be a complete fluke, but from what I know about my cough and how it manifests/works - I feel quite sure UltraBlis has had an effect. Which means, I will probably continue to purchase.

I must say that most of us here that own BLT shares have tried their products and convinced us somehow that good science is behind what's they're claiming to be. So welcome to the Club! :t_up:

GR8DAY
20-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Dropped into a pharmacy at the Mt. over the weekend.... shelves piled high with Blis, clearly no supply shortage problem going on for them.
In regards revenue I believe all we're going to gain out of this is a healthy blip for a couple of months then back to hopefully steady gains. Increased awareness of Blis products will also be a plus but the question is whether or not any of these positives will be sustained and transferred into longterm gains....hmmmm not so sure about that. ??

fungus pudding
20-04-2020, 07:55 AM
Dropped into a pharmacy at the Mt. over the weekend.... shelves piled high with Blis, clearly no supply shortage problem going on for them.
In regards revenue I believe all we're going to gain out of this is a healthy blip for a couple of months then back to hopefully steady gains. Increased awareness of Blis products will also be a plus but the question is whether or not any of these positives will be sustained and transferred into longterm gains....hmmmm not so sure about that. ??

Naturally enough there are lots of positive opinions of Blis on this site, but has their ever been a survey of repeat purchasing among the Joe Public consumer? I suspect for most buyers it would be a oncer - or perhaps a once in a blue mooner.

Leftfield
20-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I must say that most of us here that own BLT shares have tried their products and convinced us somehow that good science is behind what's they're claiming to be. So welcome to the Club! :t_up:

Must say the BLT 'science' debate reminds me of the early days over on the ATM thread........ now there's a thought. If only BLT can replicate ATM's success! :p

Chippie
20-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Naturally enough there are lots of positive opinions of Blis on this site, but has their ever been a survey of repeat purchasing among the Joe Public consumer? I suspect for most buyers it would be a oncer - or perhaps a once in a blue mooner.

I suspect there are a lot of repeat buyers. With Revenue FY18 $5.2M, FY19 $8.4M and FY20 looking like $10.6M

My family is for sure after BLIS absolutely fixed my chronic bad breath issues to my kids rarely getting colds at school, when we do get colds we get over them very quickly. We have been repeat customers for more than 12 years

TideMan
20-04-2020, 08:58 AM
I was due to go to the dentist a day after lockdown to see about sore gums, but it was cancelled.
So I started taking M18 daily and the pain has gone away.
Is it because of the M18, or would it have gone away anyway?
I don't know, but I'll keep taking M18 just in case.............

k14
20-04-2020, 09:29 AM
I was due to go to the dentist a day after lockdown to see about sore gums, but it was cancelled.
So I started taking M18 daily and the pain has gone away.
Is it because of the M18, or would it have gone away anyway?
I don't know, but I'll keep taking M18 just in case.............
Yes, totally in the same thought process. My wife and I have been taking daily defense for the last few winters (young kids mean we seem to get colds more frequently compared to pre-kids). Seems to reduce the occurrence of colds, although still get them occasionally. So is it confirmation bias, placebo effect or does it actually work? We will continue to take them but the cost does mean it is something that would be dropped quite easily if we did need to cut back.

fungus pudding
20-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Yes, totally in the same thought process. My wife and I have been taking daily defense for the last few winters (young kids mean we seem to get colds more frequently compared to pre-kids). Seems to reduce the occurrence of colds, although still get them occasionally. So is it confirmation bias, placebo effect or does it actually work? We will continue to take them but the cost does mean it is something that would be dropped quite easily if we did need to cut back.

As I said - no shortage of fans on this site - but has Joe Public ever been surveyed? Surely if there were repeat sales coming through, Blis would be in clover by now. Seems to me Covid19 has given them a boost as people run about looking for something to try - but how many of these consumers will be repeat customers? Once the virus threat is over - will they be seen again? Perhaps - but perhaps not.

artemis
20-04-2020, 09:57 AM
.... I have been pleasantly surprised to find that UltraBlis seems to have had a huge positive impact on my long term, chronic cough.....

Just to let you know I passed on your comment to a friend with a chronic cough. She said she will give UltraBlis a go, and I will report back to you if a good result.

justakiwi
20-04-2020, 09:58 AM
.....:t_up:.....

Just to let you know I passed on your comment to a friend with a chronic cough. She said she will give UltraBlis a go, and I will report back to you if a good result.

artemis
20-04-2020, 10:00 AM

Also consider adding Buccaline to the mix. Been around for decades and is designed to reduce bacterial impact of colds. May reduce bacterial impact of other viruses, don't see why not but cheap enough to try.

whatsup
21-04-2020, 01:44 PM
off 10% from its recent high.

winner69
21-04-2020, 01:49 PM
off 10% from its recent high.

...16% some say

I’m getting worried now, my punt not looking too good

steveb
21-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Profit taking probably,there does seem to be higher than normal liquidity.

Cadalac123
21-04-2020, 01:57 PM
...16% some say

How a punt works is you're actually suppose to profit take not just sit there and look at a ATH

winner69
21-04-2020, 02:33 PM
How a punt works is you're actually suppose to profit take not just sit there and look at a ATH

Smart arse ....

.......I need to keep an eye on the ball eh

pierre
21-04-2020, 02:36 PM
...16% some say

Typical action with the BLT SP - zooms up on news, then drops back till the next announcement. The annual report is coming late May so unless there's something new and exciting in the meantime, it's a waiting game.

Sideshow Bob
21-04-2020, 02:42 PM
...16% some say

Sounds like Sharsies…….I was reading a post on their Facebook page (yes I know) where one punter thought they made facemasks! :scared:;):ohmy: Buying shares in something didn't even know what they did....

jonu
21-04-2020, 02:53 PM
I've jumped in at 7.7. Too soon? Dunno, but buggered if I was going to buy @ 9.

carrom74
21-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Sounds like Sharsies…….I was reading a post on their Facebook page (yes I know) where one punter thought they made facemasks! :scared:;):ohmy: Buying shares in something didn't even know what they did....

Do you think it's Sharesies? Never thought they are that powerful to bring the whole cent down... Racing down to 7 cents...

And facemasks?? really? I am just awestruck...

Arthur
21-04-2020, 03:00 PM

Damn, you are on to us Fungus Pudding, every NZ shareholder spent $692 on Blis last year just to make up the $1.2million in NZ sales. I don't know about the others, but maybe I'll sell my Blis and buy Moa instead. How much Moa beer will every shareholder need to drink to save the company?

Sideshow Bob
21-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Do you think it's Sharesies? Never thought they are that powerful to bring the whole cent down... Racing down to 7 cents...

And facemasks?? really? I am just awestruck...

Not sure....last 10 trades have been for about 17,000 shares in total. No idea about how the actual trading works or bots but only about $1300.

Facemask, yes really.

winner69
21-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Some instos are like that ...they don’t really understand many companies and all they invest in is a ticker code and follow a squiggly line on a chart while checking their weightings relative to others.

Sad thing is they think they’re super clever but still take a %age for doing that

patrick
21-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Takes a dive as product available more widely!

nztx
21-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Some instos are like that ...they don’t really understand many companies and all they invest in is a ticker code and follow a squiggly line on a chart while checking their weightings relative to others.

Sad thing is they think they’re super clever but still take a %age for doing that

eventually they will become awesomely cool & even smarter though - winner

soon enough they may even migrate here to keep you company as well ..

nztx
21-04-2020, 04:54 PM
I've jumped in at 7.7. Too soon? Dunno, but buggered if I was going to buy @ 9.

it must be just about time to back up another truck here too ..

clip
21-04-2020, 06:44 PM
Just saw an ad for daily defense at 6.40pm on channel 3 - mentioning bubbles and covid related terms. Is this new advertising or been going on for a while? Must be fairly recent given the wording, good to see some marketing during prime time slots

silverblizzard888
21-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Just saw an ad for daily defense at 6.40pm on channel 3 - mentioning bubbles and covid related terms. Is this new advertising or been going on for a while? Must be fairly recent given the wording, good to see some marketing during prime time slots

Must be new because they recently just added it to their youtube channel 3 hours ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0RoidtfAA

clip
21-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Wonder if it's safe to assume they are getting their supply issues behind the scenes sorted, if they are ramping up marketing. Or maybe that's a driver of demand if people go to the website to buy the product and its sold out- makes it seem more desirable? I'm not a marketing person at all, just some musings. Disc I am a holder

patrick
21-04-2020, 08:06 PM
Wonder if it's safe to assume they are getting their supply issues behind the scenes sorted, if they are ramping up marketing. Or maybe that's a driver of demand if people go to the website to buy the product and its sold out- makes it seem more desirable? I'm not a marketing person at all, just some musings. Disc I am a holder
Now available on Direct Pharmacy so no shortage of stock in N Z

emearg
21-04-2020, 08:12 PM

Big question mark around this post for me. How much of the above is opinion/speculation and how much of it is based on actual first-hand knowledge? You are making assertions that Joe Public can't make with information that is in the public domain.

How do you know the supply issue is around the freeze dried bacteria manufactured by Fonterra? Several components are involved in the manufacturing process and Blis haven't elaborated on this point. Or is this speculation?

How do you know Fonterra has no additional capacity? Or is this speculation?

How do you know Blis has used up their reserves? Or is this speculation?

When you say Blis is 'still run by scientist' who are you referring to? Not the CEO presumably...he has a marketing background (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-watson-3b42203b/?originalSubdomain=nz)

Blis are already supplied more product than contracted. How do you possibly know so much about the contractual details between these two parties? Or is this speculation?

emearg
21-04-2020, 08:25 PM
Mentioned a few months ago as in development - Q24, lives on the skin - BLT recently advertised for a Q24 brand manager.

A few months ago? Well you are right...in the 2006 annual report they mentioned it was in development ;) I remember reading up about it back then and finding it all rather interesting and exciting. 14 years later...the fact that they are(or at least were pre-Covid) ready to take it to market is fantastic news. The wheels at Blis spin slowly, but the rate of rotation has been increasing steadily over the past few years and I imagine will continue to do so.

SausageDog
21-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Emearg., I am trying to be transparent here, time will prove me right. I have hands on direct knowledge of this situation But due to contractual privacy and I.P. Can’t disclose the closer details.

I do believe in these products, however feel the company is overhyped at the moment and am sharing that opinion.

I find that Blis isn’t open with its supply line to shareholders and is not transparent. They are very exposed to non supply. From what I understand they can not grow exponentially, not an ATM but they can grow.

I have little faith in scientists running businesses. This company needs to grow up a little, that’s all.

justakiwi
21-04-2020, 10:11 PM
If you are bound by contractual privacy, maybe you would be better to sit on your hands and say nothing here.

Emearg., I am trying to be transparent here, time will prove me right. I have hands on direct knowledge of this situation But due to contractual privacy and I.P. Can’t disclose the closer details.

I do believe in these products, however feel the company is overhyped at the moment and am sharing that opinion.

I find that Blis isn’t open with its supply line to shareholders and is not transparent. They are very exposed to non supply. From what I understand they can not grow exponentially, not an ATM but they can grow.

I have little faith in scientists running businesses. This company needs to grow up a little, that’s all.

Leftfield
22-04-2020, 11:19 AM
If you are bound by contractual privacy, maybe you would be better to sit on your hands and say nothing here.

No..... not IMHO.

I welcome SausageDog's opinion.

BLT is still in infancy and management needs to prove itself a lot more astute before I get too excited.

(Disc - holder.)

SausageDog
22-04-2020, 11:47 AM
justakiwi (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?14554-justakiwi) , Ill go back to my basket then and stop barking!

Left field (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?12008-Left-field), Nicely said :t_up:

justakiwi
22-04-2020, 11:57 AM
My comment was out of concern for you actually. Do you know for certain that nobody here works for, or has family contacts who work for Blis? You haven’t specifically divulged any confidential information, but you have made various implications and judgments, which could potentially influence both Blis shareholders and customers. But hey, if you’re not worried ... be my guest and carry on.

justakiwi (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?14554-justakiwi) , Ill go back to my basket then and stop barking!

Left field (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?12008-Left-field), Nicely said :t_up:

Brain
22-04-2020, 12:15 PM
I agree Justakiwi. If somebody has access to privileged information then it is best to say nothing. Any comments are just a step away from breaching that privilege. Sausage dog you seem to be putting yourself at risk.

jonu
22-04-2020, 03:56 PM
I agree Justakiwi. If somebody has access to privileged information then it is best to say nothing. Any comments are just a step away from breaching that privilege. Sausage dog you seem to be putting yourself at risk.

Either that or he's down ramping. I'm always very suspicious of those who claim to have inside knowledge but won't name their source. Just BS really.

patrick
22-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Not likely to be paying for TV adds if unable to supply!

TobyPascoe92
22-04-2020, 06:04 PM
Not likely to be paying for TV adds if unable to supply!

Exactly ! And I felt this year that BLIS have had a very proactive, targeted and well managed marketing program and I agree that they wouldn't be spending mega bucks on Tv advertising in primetime if they wearnt able to meet an increased demand - Marketing 101 is being able to back up what your advertising to limit both wastage and keep reputation. Im sure if they were under any serious supply pressure then television is not the place they would turn to :confused:

Chippie
22-04-2020, 08:14 PM
I got the following via email today, all of which would indicate to me that there are no major supply issues

As the government announced we are going to be moving into level 3 next week with the potential to move to level 2 a couple of weeks later, now is the time to start getting your immunity sorted with DailyDefence with BLIS K12.

This advanced probiotic populates your mouth with good bacteria leaving no room for all those run of the mill bad bugs that are just waiting for you to leave your bubble. Prepare yourself and your family’s immunity for when your bubble pops!

Order DailyDefence with BLIS K12 online now or from your pharmacy.

TAKE A LOOK AT OUR CAMPAIGN VIDEO HERE > https://blis.acemlnd.com/lt.php?i=11A21A1A43

Supporting our frontline healthcare
We value our healthcare workers and recognize how important they are in the fight against Covid-19. We had a discussion with a key customer who said that frontline pharmacy staff were feeling scared about their exposure to general illness, they were feeling vulnerable and they were feeling less than supported.

It was a no brainer for us to offer free BLIS K12 to frontline staff in Pharmacies and GP surgeries to help support their own immune systems. So with help from our great team at Radiant and NZ Dr – we quickly got the message out there. We had huge response to the campaign and to date have supplied around 4,000 packs of product to frontline staff.

Arthur
22-04-2020, 08:24 PM
Incredibly Smart Marketing. The new director struck me as super on to it from a marketing perspective.

patrick
22-04-2020, 09:42 PM
Dog sausage:��
4000 packs donated.

Chippie
22-04-2020, 09:48 PM
4000 packs donated is very cheap marketing to people in a strong position to promote Blis.

justakiwi
22-04-2020, 09:59 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dog sausage:��

patrick
23-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Great marketing indeed.
What if the 4000 go down with the winter bugs?

levity: I just await the positive reports.

blissfool
23-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Hey Sausagedog
Interesting intel. I only see this as positive, more demand then supply, will be a reoccurring problem for most businesses managing the logistics of getting thru and out of a lockdown. Fonterra like profit, they will adjust their supply accordingly it will just take time. BLT Marketing is very much on point a lot better then any other time in their history. Let’s Ride the pandemic prevention sentiment, concerns about a second covid19 wave, this is Blis’s time.

patrick
23-04-2020, 09:31 PM
Blis fool
Any relation?

Leon
27-04-2020, 12:56 PM
I wonder if anyone at Blis earning over $100000 has considered a 20 % reduction in salary in the Post Covid-19 environment? I am sure it would enhance the upward momentum of the share price.

winner69
27-04-2020, 01:03 PM
I wonder if anyone at Blis earning over $100000 has considered a 20 % reduction in salary in the Post Covid-19 environment? I am sure it would enhance the upward momentum of the share price.

There’s only 4 of them

patrick
27-04-2020, 02:04 PM
There’s only 4 of them

It’s not about the $ amount, is it?

Sideshow Bob
27-04-2020, 02:47 PM
There’s only 4 of them

Probably struggle to find a NZX listed company with less than that...…..

Sideshow Bob
27-04-2020, 02:50 PM
It’s not about the $ amount, is it?

But why should they? Record turnover, record sales and profitable.

Not suffering like many other companies, and probably in past years when their sales/results were sub-par they suffered when others at other companies probably got pay rises and bonuses.

pierre
27-04-2020, 03:57 PM
But why should they? Record turnover, record sales and profitable.

Not suffering like many other companies, and probably in past years when their sales/results were sub-par they suffered when others at other companies probably got pay rises and bonuses.

Too true. The company is steaming along at present so let's not consider anything that might demotivate the team or slow the momentum.

Only a month to go till we get the full year result - and hopefully a nice uptick on guidance for FY21. Who knows - an SP of 10 cents may not be a mirage after all?

I'm a very happy camper at 8 cents, I'll be extremely happy at 10 cents - and delirious at 20 cents, though the latter figure IS a mirage right now.

DISCL: Hold heaps of 'em.

foxtonfizz
29-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Wasnt on there last week when I purchased some product but today at the top of the BLT website in Red Banner "We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. Still shipping within NZ during alert level 3"

In fairness they did give us a heads up about this being a potential issue but should be a more formal announcement coming soon to give clarity?

We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. We are still shipping within New Zealand during Alert Level 3

Sideshow Bob
29-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Wasnt on there last week when I purchased some product but today at the top of the BLT website in Red Banner "We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. Still shipping within NZ during alert level 3"

In fairness they did give us a heads up about this being a potential issue but should be a more formal announcement coming soon to give clarity?

We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. We are still shipping within New Zealand during Alert Level 3

Courier services overseas are either non-existent, expensive or very, very slow.

I would expect international orders via their website would be minimal - most would order through their home country. Not enough to make a material difference.

Logistics of any international wholesale orders would likely be more problematic/expensive at the moment, but would still be able to get product to market somehow.

patrick
29-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Are “ major delays” related to transport delays or delay in available product; if the latter is that a result of huge NZ sales or because of reduction in production?

SausageDog
29-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Before Covid-19 lockdown hit we were paying just over $7/Kg air freight to Europe , that figure jumped to $50/kg in the first week. Not sure where it is now as at these levels only the high value products move. Air freight has got crazy! That is disruption to supply chains and logistics.

foxtonfizz
29-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Yep - that makes sense - Increasing freight costs and slow speed of overseas delivery at present would justify that alert.

Blis if your listening perhaps changing the wording of the alert to "due to major SHIPPING delays" is whats needed.

pierre
29-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Yep - that makes sense - Increasing freight costs and slow speed of overseas delivery at present would justify that alert.

Blis if your listening perhaps changing the wording of the alert to "due to major SHIPPING delays" is whats needed.
The message on the BLT website reads:

"We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. We are still shipping within New Zealand during Alert Level 3."

That seems clear enough - and doesn't indicate a shortage of product either.

patrick
29-04-2020, 07:48 PM
The message on the BLT website reads:

"We cannot ship international orders until further notice due to major delays. We are still shipping within New Zealand during Alert Level 3."

That seems clear enough - and doesn't indicate a shortage of product either.
Think it should be much clearer. “Cannot” is not accurate, they can.
“ major delays in delivery result in us not shipping international orders”
To me that is clear.

Sideshow Bob
29-04-2020, 08:38 PM
Before Covid-19 lockdown hit we were paying just over $7/Kg air freight to Europe , that figure jumped to $50/kg in the first week. Not sure where it is now as at these levels only the high value products move. Air freight has got crazy! That is disruption to supply chains and logistics.

$7/Kg is bloody expensive (unless something that the mass was greater than the weight ie really bulky light product).

TideMan
29-04-2020, 10:04 PM
$7/Kg is bloody expensive (unless something that the mass was greater than the weight ie really bulky light product).

Weight = Mass * g, where g is acceleration of gravity, usually 9.81 m/s/s
So your statement would only apply in space, where gravity is low. On the space station perhaps?

Sideshow Bob
29-04-2020, 10:38 PM
So your statement would only apply in space, where gravity is low. On the space station perhaps?

I'll bow to your superior physics knowledge.

But will stick with bloody expensive, unless very light/bulky product.

SausageDog
29-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Sideshow Bob, it is volume over weight, however the 7 fold increase in cost was/is outrageous and demonstrates the difficulty export business currently face. I’ve heard of big NZ business chartering whole planes to keep value products moving. Truely crazy times ..... not sure of the physics so will stay out of that one! 😁

Drew95
30-04-2020, 07:15 AM

Well spotted Tideman. But if you really want to get pedantic mass is a measure of the quantity of energy in the presence of the higgs field - so strictly speaking you would need to be in space AND in the presence of the higgs field. Just saying. :)

Discl. Holding 'masses' of BLT

weasel
30-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Well spotted Tideman. But if you really want to get pedantic mass is a measure of the quantity of energy in the presence of the higgs field - so strictly speaking you would need to be in space AND in the presence of the higgs field. Just saying. :)

Discl. Holding 'masses' of BLT

Except that the Higgs field exists absolutely everywhere in the universe, so can be safely ignored, right?

Drew95
30-04-2020, 09:05 AM
Aha. True. But then some thought it was safe to ignore the corona virus - and look what that did to the price of freight for BLT. :p

Snow Leopard
30-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Back up to 8c.

I can afford to buy some more NZ Sav Cab (https://giesen.co.nz/wine/giesen-estate-sauvignon-blanc/) today.

:mellow:

Brain
30-04-2020, 06:44 PM
Back up to 8c.

I can afford to buy some more NZ Sav Cab (https://giesen.co.nz/wine/giesen-estate-sauvignon-blanc/) today.

:mellow:

Being a beer drinker I can afford my beer even when BLT trades at 4c. Drinking beer is great because you do not have to wade thru all those tasting notes. When travelling I drink the beer of the locals they appreciate that and I like to make people happy. In South Korea I drink Cass , Japan Sapporo,The States Budweiser unless I am in Springfield then it’s Duff beer and if of course if I cross the border to Shelbyville then it’s got to be Fudd.

Snow Leopard
01-05-2020, 08:10 AM
The world's best selling beer:
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/U08bb01b13b4a41fbb0ccb152d11c1f94k.jpg_350x350.jpg

It is SNOW beer and not MONS beer* as I thought for the first couple of weeks of buying and drinking it when in China.

Tonight I shared a bottle of Leopard's Leap, a rather fine South African Cab Sav/Merlot mix :cool:
as the local Co-op did not have any NZ Sav Blanc :(.

On topic bit ==>
Hopefully BLIS will become the world's best selling probiotic brand (that is what they sell right?)
<== On topic bit

*depends on how you look at the can, a cultural difference in action.

nztx
01-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Wrong thread sorry.. posting deleted

I could have sworn this was the MOA thread ..

kiora
01-05-2020, 09:26 PM
The world's best selling beer:
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/U08bb01b13b4a41fbb0ccb152d11c1f94k.jpg_350x350.jpg

It is SNOW beer and not MONS beer* as I thought for the first couple of weeks of buying and drinking it when in China.

Tonight I shared a bottle of Leopard's Leap, a rather fine South African Cab Sav/Merlot mix :cool:
as the local Co-op did not have any NZ Sav Blanc :(.

On topic bit ==>
Hopefully BLIS will become the world's best selling probiotic brand (that is what they sell right?)
<== On topic bit

*depends on how you look at the can, a cultural difference in action.

Or how many you have drinked ,hic,hic :)

winner69
02-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Rave review of Blis (the company as well as the product) in The Herald

That’ll get a few nore punters on board ...and a rocket under the share price

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12328922