PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31

DazRaz
02-05-2020, 03:15 PM
Can't see past the pay wall. It may have a short term effect. I think the big boost will be the end of year statements later this month. Looking forward to see what that does to their price.

patrick
02-05-2020, 03:21 PM
Rave review of Blis (the company as well as the product) in The Herald

That’ll get a few nore punters on board ...and a rocket under the share price

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12328922
Sounds great. Can it be posted here please?

Oliver Mander
02-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Behind the paywall Patrick. Against ST rules to copy a copyrighted article...

winner69
02-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Sounds great. Can it be posted here please?

Love to but that would be naughty of me

One bit though -

As always with a small company turning towards profitability, the numbers look small. But two years of sustained performance growth drives credibility and is worthy of attention, regardless of size.

Should get a few new punters on board

emearg
02-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Rave review of Blis (the company as well as the product) in The Herald

That’ll get a few nore punters on board ...and a rocket under the share price

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12328922

Yeah that was an interesting read. Fairly objective and detailed for the Herald? Has the quality of their stories improved recently? I haven't bother looking at it for many months or possibly years...same deal with Stuff. More a RNZ reader myself :t_up:

It will be interesting to see if the share price has a run next week. Thanks for sharing.

winner69
02-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Yeah that was an interesting read. Fairly objective and detailed for the Herald? Has the quality of their stories improved recently? I haven't bother looking at it for many months or possibly years...same deal with Stuff. More a RNZ reader myself :t_up:

It will be interesting to see if the share price has a run next week. Thanks for sharing.

An opinion piece .....generally these better written than the day to day journos who don’t give too much thought to what they write.

Hope it tempts some mum and dad investors to get into this success story.

Cadalac123
02-05-2020, 05:42 PM
An opinion piece .....generally these better written than the day to day journos who don’t give too much thought to what they write.

Hope it tempts some mum and dad investors to get into this success story.

So you can sell to them at higher prices ? 👍😂

Brain
02-05-2020, 06:57 PM
I just thought that I should remind people that Sylvester Cat and Oliver Mander are one of the same

Oliver Mander
03-05-2020, 09:27 AM

Very nice of you to say so emearg! Yes, I think their columnist quality is improving.:cool::p
(but I have to admit I wrote it, so its possible I'm biased)
Seriously, appreciate the comment.

Chippie
03-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Honestly that was a seriously informative article. Well done!!

Would be fascinated to be a fly on the wall for your conversations with Brian Watson. But expect that most of what you learned was in the article. Look for forward to the annual report when there is more information related to how they are managing the supply chain risks, but it sounds good.

patrick
03-05-2020, 11:20 AM
After more than a decade as substantial shareholder and purchaser of product this holder is forced to sell; at least a big part of my holding. Suffered a big hit, down 40%, in my only other major investments (non market) so now far too many eggs in the Blis basket. Added to that family needing support (two unemployed) and uncertain times for someone supplementing NSuper with regular drawdowns of capital.
At least Blis value has been recognised recently but question is..... should I wait until next Report?

Chippie
03-05-2020, 11:41 AM
One personal observation on the past is that even though BLT has given ""upgraded guidance"in the past. The actual price did not really move until the formal quarterly or annual report, it is really strange but has encouraged me to buy on positive guidance news in the past.

Just as common, the price goes up but then drops back down within weeks of the good news.

So my plan is to sell down a day after the annual report, as BLT has become too large a % of my portfolio. I am assuming who ever purchase the 15M shares pushing the price up to 9.5 cents last month could be back for more.

Although each to their own exit strategy and Murphy's law is always following me :)

emearg
03-05-2020, 11:59 AM
At least Blis value has been recognised recently but question is..... should I wait until next Report?

Lend me your crystal ball for a bit and I'll let you know.

If that isn't possible I would suggest predicting where the share price will be with Blis is incredibly difficult. It frequently rises and falls for no particular reason and has done so for the 15 years I have been following it. The share price frequently over reacts to positive news and then drifts back. Most punters don't realise that most announcements are made months or years before revenue follows. An example is when M18 was approved in Australia a few years back. The share price surged. Is M18 being sold in Aussi yet?

The only good thing about all this was it taught me a few things about young biotechs and prevented me from investing in PEB in 2012 when they were predicting very large(100 million from memory) revenues within 5(?) years. These things take time, a lot of time and may not ever actually happen. If there is a point to this comment it is only that I will probably be a wise investor by the time I am 247 ;)

pierre
03-05-2020, 12:45 PM
After more than a decade as substantial shareholder and purchaser of product this holder is forced to sell; at least a big part of my holding. Suffered a big hit, down 40%, in my only other major investments (non market) so now far too many eggs in the Blis basket. Added to that family needing support (two unemployed) and uncertain times for someone supplementing NSuper with regular drawdowns of capital.

Very sorry you have to sell BLT at this time, just as things at last appear to be heading (hopefully consistently) in the right direction for the company. However, if you've been following the SP over the decade you've been a holder, you will know the regular pattern. There's an upward jolt on good news as enthusiasts leap in, then a gradual drift backwards over subsequent days/weeks as the euphoria fades.

The annual report is due at the end of this month so, if you're expecting good news, that may help you decide the timing of your sell decision. But, if you're expecting the report to advise problems with ongoing ingredient supply, overseas distribution issues and /or other challenges, then that may inform your actions too.

I've been a holder since 2005 and BLT has climbed up to 21% of my portfolio ( I usually limit any one share to 15%) but like my other stars, ATM and XRO, I can't bring myself to sell any of them.

DISC: Hold heaps of BLT and this is DEFINITELY NOT ADVICE.

Snow Leopard
03-05-2020, 09:40 PM

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.

I suggest you dollar cost average your sell down and sell a number of chunks to a timetable.

Predicting the market price reaction/price/lunacy in advance is a pointless task.

winner69
04-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Oliver stirred up a bit of interest

Over 400 trades already today

Onwards and upwards for share price hopefully

TobyPascoe92
04-05-2020, 11:19 AM
I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day. Will be interesting to see how Blis holds up if the main crash or even just a small-medium dip is now happening, especially with reporting only 20ish days away.

Cyclical
04-05-2020, 11:52 AM
I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day.

Agreed. Some realism starting to set in I feel.

Ltw
04-05-2020, 03:23 PM
I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day. Will be interesting to see how Blis holds up if the main crash or even just a small-medium dip is now happening, especially with reporting only 20ish days away.

Completely Agree and i think people are flocking to the safe havens that didn't do a big dive after March 24th BLT being one of them

nevchev
07-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Do we have a date for FY results yet?

pierre
07-05-2020, 12:04 PM
Do we have a date for FY results yet?

Quote from their recent guidance:

"Blis Technologies' results for the 12 months ending 31 March 2020 are

expected to be released in late May."

Last year's announcement was May 28, so probably 28th or 29th of this month.

nevchev
07-05-2020, 12:36 PM
Quote from their recent guidance:

"Blis Technologies' results for the 12 months ending 31 March 2020 are

expected to be released in late May."

Last year's announcement was May 28, so probably 28th or 29th of this month.

Cheers for that Pierre.Im looking forward to next years forecast.

pierre
07-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Cheers for that Pierre.Im looking forward to next years forecast.

Me too. We already have a good idea of this year's outcome so the guidance for FY21 will be very interesting.

I'm expecting caveats around ongoing demand as/when/if the Covid-19 sales surge subsides. However, I do believe we can expect some ongoing overall growth due to higher product and brand recognition as a result of the recent sales activity. I'm keen to find out in which regions the sales surge of recent times occurred and to see what they forecast for ongoing market penetration in Australia after a year with their new distributor.

On the down side, others on ST have alluded to potential raw material supply issues, so some info about that and any other production impediments will be useful too.

I still think Asia, particularly China, is where the greatest growth opportunity lies. We have had hints about action there in the past but no real traction appears to have been gained. Maybe BLT might propose investing some of its newly generated profit in supporting a distributor to develop sales in the region?

The SP seems to be holding up pretty well at present so who knows, if the FY21 guidance is positive enough, we might see 10 cents reached sometime soon - or at least by the time of the half-year update later this year.

GLTH.

Discl: Hold heaps of 'em

keenkiwiflyer
07-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

Been reading this thread a lot lately and a first time poster.

My thoughts are we can clearly identify the report will be good news in terms of sales. Obviously there will be challenges in regards to supply chain. Overall to me, it makes sense that the report will increase the share price, with a drop of the SP within a week or two of the report. I would think the SP would be somewhere between 0.09 - 0.10 at the days end of the report being published.

Now, I am quite new to the NZX so I may be very wrong. Just my thoughts...

Leftfield
08-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Hi all, Been reading this thread a lot lately and a first time poster........

Welcome aboard KKFlyer. FWIW I think you've chosen well. Plenty of upside potential and not too much downside risk. Whilst this year's performance is pretty much known, the company's projections for FY21 will be of most interest to me.

Disc - I've been in and out of BLT over the years and have always done much better than money in the bank. ( My first purchase was 100k shares at 1c back in October 2012.)

Chippie
08-05-2020, 08:46 AM
My first purchase was 3.6 cents in 2009. Luckily picked up a lot more in the capital raisings over the years. I still consider this somewhat speculative and struggling to reduce my overall portfolio % of BLT. But a good problem to have as I have got all my investment back.

Perhaps I need to change my profile that BLT is so high risk / speculative? The current management has been kicking goals for the past few years now and still plenty of upside.

Ltw
08-05-2020, 08:54 AM
I got in at 1.7, brought a heap more as it rose and dipped slightly. I must say I'm loving this stock at the moment just kicking myself I didn't get more when I had the chance and got talked out of it.

patrick
08-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the “thoughts” team. A lot are much worse off. Life will continue much as normal. The main impact will be
“When at last the books are balanced in the winding up to be
And our idols on the rubbish heap are hurled”
Cheers

keenkiwiflyer
08-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Note to self - don't post on here until after I purchase the shares. ;)

nevchev
08-05-2020, 12:58 PM
As expected we will see a gradual rise and more interest in BLT in the coming fortnight.Ive been trying to get my head around as to the extent covid19 has had on the human response moving forward beyond the initial crisis.As suggested by some,clarity on the ingredient supply chain will be crucial as i think issues around delivery will soon be a thing of the past.GLTA

sb9
08-05-2020, 01:12 PM
As expected we will see a gradual rise and more interest in BLT in the coming fortnight.Ive been trying to get my head around as to the extent covid19 has had on the human response moving forward beyond the initial crisis.As suggested by some,clarity on the ingredient supply chain will be crucial as i think issues around delivery will soon be a thing of the past.GLTA

That's correct, I think the raw material shortage as discussed at length here is what's capping the further price gains here, so does the forward guidance to be provided by management at end of month reporting time. If they can show confidence on both counts, we can easily see upward of 10c very shortly or else might drift down to 6c - 7c range. Game of two halves, let's see how it plays out.

clip
08-05-2020, 01:51 PM
I don't believe raw material shortage was ever mentioned in any announcements by BLIS, they just mentioned "interruptions to our supplier base" which to me reads more like staff/operations disruption.

Given that raw material issue has only been mentioned on here and not by company, I wouldn't have thought that would be impacting the share price. I would find it staggering that ST members have enough shares between them to be selling $100k + of shares per day for the last month to cap the price - then again I have no idea how many shares people are holding.

pierre
08-05-2020, 05:53 PM
I don't believe raw material shortage was ever mentioned in any announcements by BLIS, they just mentioned "interruptions to our supplier base" which to me reads more like staff/operations disruption.

Given that raw material issue has only been mentioned on here and not by company, I wouldn't have thought that would be impacting the share price. I would find it staggering that ST members have enough shares between them to be selling $100k + of shares per day for the last month to cap the price - then again I have no idea how many shares people are holding.

You're correct clip. Only one poster on ST claimed to have knowledge of the company having raw material issues with its supplier, Fonterra - but that has not been confirmed directly by BLT. This what they said:

We anticipate challenges ahead with interruptions to our supplier base and

ongoing delays in the outbound supply chain related to freight capacity. We

will continue to monitor the situation closely."

That comment could be interpreted in a number of ways so it's possible it may have created concern in some investors. However, that wasn't too apparent today - a nice little flurry lifted the SP up to 8.6c.

Maybe some people are positioning themselves in advance of the annual report at month-end and like me, are optimistic we will receive some positive guidance for FY21.

BTW - I haven't sold a single BLT share so not me capping the SP!

Bonne chance to holders.

clip
08-05-2020, 05:59 PM
Wonder when they posted that issue relating to supply chain - was it around the peak of 9.5c - a good opportunity to sell and try bring price back down to buy in lower?

For all I know they did have some inside info but 1) shouldn't have been posting it if they did and 2) didnt readily share more so it seems dubious to me. I'm not going back through the previous pages to find it again as on phone, and dont recall who it was - so I mean no offense to them. However I dont let that bit of information factor into my thoughts on BLT share price as I cant accept it as fact.

jonu
09-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Wonder when they posted that issue relating to supply chain - was it around the peak of 9.5c - a good opportunity to sell and try bring price back down to buy in lower?

For all I know they did have some inside info but 1) shouldn't have been posting it if they did and 2) didnt readily share more so it seems dubious to me. I'm not going back through the previous pages to find it again as on phone, and dont recall who it was - so I mean no offense to them. However I dont let that bit of information factor into my thoughts on BLT share price as I cant accept it as fact.

From memory it was Sausagedog or Dog sausage?!!! Either way they went quiet pretty quick once their motives and sources were questioned.

clip
09-05-2020, 12:38 PM
From memory it was Sausagedog or Dog sausage?!!! Either way they went quiet pretty quick once their motives and sources were questioned.

You are right and it was posted 14th April

(I didn't realize this attachment would show the name, or I would have named it something more relevant.. it's chart of shareprice on the 14th)

patrick
09-05-2020, 02:32 PM
What quantity are they supplying? Chemist Warehouse in Australia, for one, now has product in stock which I am sure is fairly new as I have not been able to find it on earlier trips to Aussie.

winner69
09-05-2020, 04:19 PM
If Sausage Dog was up to no good at least he was successful in achieving what he wanted

Unlike Mander as his ‘seriously good’ Herald ...price hardly moved

But Mander is in good company - writing in same paper as Hooten and Hoskings :eek2:

SausageDog
09-05-2020, 04:44 PM
You guys flatter me, firstly with your playful Dogsausage retort and then bestowing me with powers over the market to effect such price movements.

My points was simple!
Blis doesn't make it raw material, people don't know that. I thought you'd like to know.
with 1,107,653,565 Shares on issue, this is a slow burn share and not going to be an ATM or Xero.
Can't see dividends for years yet, so it a speculative investment on share price and company growth.

I did say i like the company and the product, but its not a grown up business yet, my point is yet! And they've had a very long time to get it right.

Brian seams to be doing a very good job.
Is it worth owning...YES
Do i hold, No
I probably will when i have confidence in them, i currently don't.

This pups bark is not that Loud!

winner69
09-05-2020, 04:53 PM
You guys flatter me, firstly with your playful Dogsausage retort and then bestowing me with powers over the market to effect such price movements.

My points was simple!
Blis doesn't make it raw material, people don't know that. I thought you'd like to know.
with 1,107,653,565 Shares on issue, this is a slow burn share and not going to be an ATM or Xero.
Can't see dividends for years yet, so it a speculative investment on share price and company growth.

I did say i like the company and the product, but its not a grown up business yet, my point is yet! And they've had a very long time to get it right.

Brian seams to be doing a very good job.
Is it worth owning...YES
Do i hold, No
I probably will when i have confidence in them, i currently don't.

This pups bark is not that Loud!

Thanks SausageDog ...you’re my man

Don’t forget Blis market cap is nearly $100m ....that’s very high.

keenkiwiflyer
09-05-2020, 05:02 PM
I’m taking credit for the big increase yesterday. My first post on here and the next day it jumps .06 without me buying any... sigh..!

Bring it back down this upcoming week guys. Sell so I can get in! Seriously though I think 0.086 is too high for me given my prediction of 0.09-0.10 after the report (if a good 2021 outlook). I think it will be the same price come the end of June. May look to buy in August when I predict a dip. No doubt a very, very long term play but potential for big upside in the medium to long term future.

Just my thoughts..

patrick
09-05-2020, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=winner69;813946]Thanks SausageDog ...you’re my man

High in relation to sales? Or something else?
If sales have increased big time, as I think they might have ( see my post at 6.1 SP), then “very high” might not be Everest.
It’s a punt based on your own “guess” as to sales!

percy
09-05-2020, 07:25 PM

If sales have increased big time, as I think they might have ( see my post at 6.1 SP), then “very high” might not be Everest.

Shares on issue....1,107,653,565
At .086 cents the Market Capitalisation is $95,258,207.
Revenue is $10.6 mil.
EBITDA is $2.1 mil.
Therefore Blis has a very high market cap compared to both revenue and earnings.

winner69
09-05-2020, 07:38 PM

Our PM talked about going down Everest the other day

patrick
09-05-2020, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=patrick;813949]

Our PM talked about going down Everest the other day

Not sure
But just a chance she was not, in the midst of quite a few issues, thinking of BLT.

winner69
09-05-2020, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=patrick;813949]

Shares on issue....1,107,653,565
At .086 cents the Market Capitalisation is $95,258,207.
Revenue is $10.6 mil.
EBITDA is $2.1 mil.
Therefore Blis has a very high market cap compared to both revenue and earnings.

Percy did you note Book Value ( ie Shareholder Equity) is just over $3m so a market cap of $95m sees a huge amount of Market Value Added ...market has priced in huge future returns

Blis has some really valuable brands apparently

Hope what sausagedog alluded to doesn’t destroy a lot of that value

percy
09-05-2020, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=percy;813952]

Percy did you note Book Value ( ie Shareholder Equity) is just over $3m so a market cap of $95m sees a huge amount of Market Value Added ...market has priced in huge future returns

Blis has some really valuable brands apparently

Hope what sausagedog alluded to doesn’t destroy a lot of that value

Yes you are right.Far to much Market Value Added.
I think Bliss have good products and a bright future.
Double or triple the revenue and half the market cap,may go a bit of the way to interest me.
The current PE is just under 60.Although revenue is up, eps will be close to last year.
Therefore a PE of near 60 with no eps growth does not add up to me.

patrick
09-05-2020, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=winner69;813958]

Yes you are right.Far to much Market Value Added.
I think Bliss have good products and a bright future.
Double or triple the revenue and half the market cap,may go a bit of the way to interest me.
The current PE is just under 60.Although revenue is up, eps will be close to last year.

Therefore a PE of near 60 with no eps growth does not add up to me.
Put the cheque book away Percy; it will not see action.

percy
09-05-2020, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=percy;813961]
Put the cheque book away Percy; it will not see action.

Sage advice.
Thank you Patrick.

whatsup
10-05-2020, 10:52 AM

As a point of interest what are the tax losses carrying forward , WDT has approx. $100,000,000 ?

patrick
10-05-2020, 10:55 AM
I think about $40m; should cover the next two years!

forest
10-05-2020, 11:43 AM
Thanks SausageDog ...you’re my man

Winner you right, very high. roughly 10 times revenue.

Let's compare with another company not everybody saw the value when it was a small cap ATM.

ATM revenue 12 months to Dec 19 (2H19 plus 1H20) app $1.4b.
ATM market cap App $14.3b so very close to BLT 10 revenue.

Now which company is likely to grow its revenue faster?

Maybe just maybe there is hidden value in BLT.

Leftfield
10-05-2020, 12:00 PM
Winner you right, very high. roughly 10 times revenue.

Let's compare with another company not everybody saw the value when it was a small cap ATM.

ATM revenue 12 months to Dec 19 (2H19 plus 1H20) app $1.4b.
ATM market cap App $14.3b so very close to BLT 10 revenue.

Now which company is likely to grow its revenue faster?

Maybe just maybe there is hidden value in BLT.

Interesting debate....

If you check back on various forum posts of almost any successful company, at some early stage you will find that there were posters here who thought the SP was 'overpriced' versus the fundamentals. ATM, XRO, FPH all spring to mind where there is still debate on this.

The current SP of any company is merely a reflection of the market's pessimism or optimism for a company's future earnings potential.

I suspect BLT's SP is being driven by an expectation that its pro-biotic remedies for throat infections and oral hygiene will gain considerable market acceptance and sales in these covid-19 times. We'll get an indication of the validity of these expectations in the next results.

In the face of SP uncertainty a good strategy could be to nibble at a holding via small chunks over time and benefit from Dollar Cost Averaging to mitigate risk. JMHO.

Disc - holding.

Airw0lf
10-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Interesting debate....

If you check back on various forum posts of almost any successful company, at some early stage you will find that there were posters here who thought the SP was 'overpriced' versus the fundamentals. ATM, XRO, FPH all spring to mind where there is still debate on this.

Yes this is true. And maybe I am dwelling too much on this particular point, but the fact that BLT actually now does make a profit is a good sign for me. There have been a number of other companies that have been (rightly or wrongly) hyped and taken a long time to get to profitability, if ever. I guess you could argue whether the profits will now grow as per what the market price implies but at least this doesn't strike me as the kind of company that will come to us anytime soon cap in hand for a capital raise to stay alive...

percy
10-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Yes this is true. And maybe I am dwelling too much on this particular point, but the fact that BLT actually now does make a profit is a good sign for me. There have been a number of other companies that have been (rightly or wrongly) hyped and taken a long time to get to profitability, if ever. I guess you could argue whether the profits will now grow as per what the market price implies but at least this doesn't strike me as the kind of company that will come to us anytime soon cap in hand for a capital raise to stay alive...

Hindsight is easy.
Foresight is more difficult.
Recently reviewed two Aussie stocks which did nothing for the 2 years I held them.
The catalyst for them to take off was my selling.
So my foresight was right and my hindsight wrong.Can that be right,?,,,lol.

Leftfield
10-05-2020, 12:36 PM

Agree.

Investing in small cap companies that are emerging from non-profitability to profitability is a strategy that many recommend (just look at what it has done for PLX for example)

With BLT my biggest concern is the current management. I'm not confident that they have the vision required to make BLT an international success but hope they prove me wrong.

pierre
10-05-2020, 12:45 PM
With BLT my biggest concern is the current management. I'm not confident that they have the vision required to make BLT an international success but hope they prove me wrong.

What makes you say that Leftfield?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-watson-3b42203b

forest
10-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Agree.

Investing in small cap companies that are emerging from non-profitability to profitability is a strategy that many recommend (just look at what it has done for PLX for example)

Hmm, the last few years BLT had a total new management team and also replacement of all the directors.
The only exception is independent director Barry Richardson who had been a director previously, left and then came back in Aug 2018. Presumably because he liked the new direction the company is taken.

This has indeed been a company which was going nowhere for a very long time.
However it seems to me things are changing.

Leftfield
10-05-2020, 02:31 PM

No complaints with Brian. However my concern is simply lack of info' on BLT's vision for the future and I'm not yet convinced of the strength of the team.

I would just like to hear a bit more from BLT on this as well as some evidence of success. They seem to be doing well in Nth America (sales up 126%) etc but I would like to hear more about other markets, China, Korea, Japan etc. The last report simply said;

"There is a deliberate weighting of investment into new markets in the second half of the financial year with a focus on developing a China cross-border eCommerce sales channel and planning for a launch of the BLIS range into the Canadian market."

I'll be watching their next report particularly revenue projections with interest and as I say I hope they prove me wrong.

winner69
10-05-2020, 02:51 PM

Seems like he hangs around an organisation for 5 years or so and then moves on to another ‘challenge’

Mind you had plenty of different roles in his time at Fonterra

How long has he been at Blis?

winner69
10-05-2020, 02:59 PM
Doing more research

Jeez is that Graham Boyd is still a Director?

Should have been out to pasture years ago.

nevchev
10-05-2020, 03:17 PM
Doing more research

Many a fine tune played on an old fiddle

winner69
10-05-2020, 03:21 PM
Many a fine tune played on an old fiddle

Boydo got a fair bit of skin in the game

nevchev
10-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Yes,hes not just waiting for god!!!

winner69
10-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Yes,hes not just waiting for god!!!

Mind you 800,000 isn't a very big number in Blis lingo.

forest
10-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Doing more research

Current Director, Mr Graeme Boyd, has advised that after two terms he will not be seeking re-election at the annual shareholders meeting in July this year.(2020)

Graham Boyd as per recent announcement is completing the refress of the board in 2 months time.

sb9
11-05-2020, 09:00 AM
After all that lively discussion over weekend, sure price should hit 9c today on back of DOW positive close on Friday....

winner69
11-05-2020, 09:06 AM
Brian better be playing that under promise over delivery game or else the $9.4m is a joke or a disaster

Achieving that means sales would have gone backwards in Q4 even allowing for those big sales to Oz in Q4 last year.

Brian, playing games with your disclosures will get you nowhere - the market isn’t stupid. You might think you are being clever but at the end of the day you only lose credibility.

That was back in Feb

I did shoot off an email to Brian saying he was stupidly pushing what credibility he had to the limit

Seems he may have listened

Hope the guidance he gives in a week or so makes sense.

patrick
11-05-2020, 10:56 AM
Daily Defence not available in Chemist Warehouse AU at Cairns Central or Rundle Mall, Adelaide. Perhaps some branches only sell some of the Blis product

pierre
11-05-2020, 03:44 PM
After all that lively discussion over weekend, sure price should hit 9c today on back of DOW positive close on Friday....

Good call sb9 - the SP is there right now.

keenkiwiflyer
11-05-2020, 03:46 PM
I still can't believe the way it shot up after I posted here (and did not buy!).

Very gutted..!

sb9
11-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Good call sb9 - the SP is there right now.

Cool, nice eh pierre. Hope we see 10c by end of month in time for results due to be out.

patrick
11-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Cool, nice eh pierre. Hope we see 10c by end of month in time for results due to be out.

Why set a limit of 10c by months end after 50% rise in the last two months?

Rowdy Flat
11-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Why set a limit of 10c by months end after 50% rise in the last two months?

Because the share price equates to a market capitalisation of over $100m. If you look at current sales there is already plenty of expectation built in, what would be the catalyst you see to drive this past 10 cps?

I Hold but for me the easy gains are already locked in.

emearg
11-05-2020, 09:33 PM
because the share price equates to a market capitalisation of over $100m. If you look at current sales there is already plenty of expectation built in, what would be the catalyst you see to drive this past 10 cps?

q24.......

emearg
11-05-2020, 10:06 PM

I'm people...I knew that.

Can't speak on behalf of the other people.

patrick
12-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Because the share price equates to a market capitalisation of over $100m. If you look at current sales there is already plenty of expectation built in, what would be the catalyst you see to drive this past 10 cps?

I Hold but for me the easy gains are already locked in.

I agree but what do we know of current sales? The profit on product sold online by the Company will be huge.

sb9
12-05-2020, 08:05 AM
I agree but what do we know of current sales? The profit on product sold online by the Company will be huge.

The upcoming results announcement and commentary will make it more clear as how things are progressing and further price action.

winner69
12-05-2020, 08:24 AM
The upcoming results announcement and commentary will make it more clear as how things are progressing and further price action.

Be back to all time high before we know it I reckon

patrick
12-05-2020, 08:33 AM
Be back to all time high before we know it I reckon

Back to 25 cents SP matching February 2005? Might be too optimistic.

winner69
12-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Ok ...recent all time high then

Blis had so much potential back in those good ol days

Sideshow Bob
12-05-2020, 08:52 AM

That was probably only when they had 100 million shares on issue....since then they've issued about another billion.....;)

kerryo
12-05-2020, 09:26 AM
That was probably only when they had 100 million shares on issue....since then they've issued about another billion.....;)

Not many of those for sale at the moment.

TobyPascoe92
12-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Keen to see update on Q24 Skin range seeing as they had a job advert out for a marketing person specifically for skincare in Feb/Mar. You would think, almost assume, that if you were opening a marketing position for a specific range, then you would be close to selling & growing that said specific range. But of course to assume is to make an ass out of you and me.... Lets see ! Excited about what a range like that could do to the SP.

nevchev
12-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Seems folk have had their full.We now need blt to knock it out of the park to justify the sp.GLTA

emearg
12-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Still big volumes(for BLT) going through...how does the depth look? Are there plenty on offer at 9.5 cents and above?

winner69
12-05-2020, 04:02 PM
We need Oliver to pen a follow up story and sausagedog to come over and say Blis have secured timely deliveries of enough raw materials to manage a 50% increase in demand.

That’ll get the share price moving again

pierre
12-05-2020, 08:15 PM
We need Oliver to pen a follow up story and sausagedog to come over and say Blis have secured timely deliveries of enough raw materials to manage a 50% increase in demand.

That’ll get the share price moving again

I prefer to wait for the annual report to confirm the FY20 result and to get some inspiring guidance from Brian on what to expect for the next 12 months. Some info on raw material supplies will be good too.
Stories from Oliver and rumours from Sausagedog are interesting but you cant beat the real thing.

winner69
12-05-2020, 08:17 PM
I prefer to wait for the annual report to confirm the FY20 result and to get some inspiring guidance from Brian on what to expect for the next 12 months. Some info on raw material supplies will be good too.
Stories from Oliver and rumours from Sausagedog are interesting but you cant beat the real thing.

But Brian produces bull **** forecasts at times .....almost bordering on irresponsible

nztx
12-05-2020, 08:38 PM
But Brian produces bull **** forecasts at times .....almost bordering on irresponsible

depends on how they're swallowed though ..

patrick
12-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Waiting for update the🐎 might have🚀
Or 🦴
?

Snow Leopard
12-05-2020, 10:23 PM
It would be nice to see that 9.5c resistance broken.

I love the chart for this one, LT rising price on rising volume: an unstoppable force.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0087/7094/5081/files/healthy-guardians_02b431b3-966a-4f2b-9aaa-77577fa4b9c3_540x.jpg?v=1559088200

nevchev
14-05-2020, 07:40 AM
It would be nice to see that 9.5c resistance broken.

I love the chart for this one, LT rising price on rising volume: an unstoppable force.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0087/7094/5081/files/healthy-guardians_02b431b3-966a-4f2b-9aaa-77577fa4b9c3_540x.jpg?v=1559088200

Its definitely slowed but time ia running out to get in before results.Im hoping we get news of a share consolidation as i think the time is right for one.A one for two deal would suffice.

winner69
14-05-2020, 08:36 AM
Its definitely slowed but time ia running out to get in before results.Im hoping we get news of a share consolidation as i think the time is right for one.A one for two deal would suffice.

Be awful if people missed out on the next big jump in share price

If they do a consolidation surely 1 for 10 ....would put respectability into the share price ....like it would be saying Blis is a decent company and not a speculative penny dreadful

nevchev
14-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Be awful if people missed out on the next big jump in share price

If they do a consolidation surely 1 for 10 ....would put respectability into the share price ....like it would be saying Blis is a decent company and not a speculative penny dreadful

Wow...1 for10.Thats fairly extreme.Your right about credibility but maybe 1 for 5 would leave punters with worth while holdings.All just thoughts on my part.cheers

winner69
14-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Wow...1 for10.Thats fairly extreme.Your right about credibility but maybe 1 for 5 would leave punters with worth while holdings.All just thoughts on my part.cheers

.....what the heck ..agree your million shares doesn’t sound as impressive as a hundred thou shares

Worth the same though

nevchev
14-05-2020, 09:02 AM
.....what the heck ..agree your million shares doesn’t sound as impressive as a hundred thou shares

Worth the same though

Hahahaha.Just trying to keep some liquidity in the stock.Nothing more boring than a share that has time to go stagnant
HGH comes to mind

winner69
14-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Hahahaha.Just trying to keep some liquidity in the stock.Nothing more boring than a share that has time to go stagnant
HGH comes to mind

Liquidity not an issue is it ......sep with sharesies

Reminds me, must do a bit of a rave about blis on the sharesies Facebook page ..hate them to miss out

Sideshow Bob
14-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Liquidity not an issue is it ......sep with sharesies

Reminds me, must do a bit of a rave about blis on the sharesies Facebook page ..hate them to miss out

Where is that facepalm emoji....??

nevchev
14-05-2020, 11:11 AM
PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.😀

Brain
14-05-2020, 11:23 AM
PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.

Similar market cap It’s all about people’s expectations. Who knows what the correct valuation of a speculative share is?

nevchev
14-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Similar market cap It’s all about people’s expectations. Who knows what the correct valuation of a speculative share is?

Agree.I guess it depends upon perspective and expectations.nout stranger than folk!

DazRaz
14-05-2020, 11:35 AM
PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.

That's not how is works. PLX has 139,938,658 shares issued. BLT has 1,107,653,565 issued. The PLX shares are a much larger slice of the pie.

artemis
14-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Today's newsletter has a discount for a couple of products. Worth subscribing to the infrequent newsletter.

"Take advantage of our PREPARENOW discount code, giving you a 20% discount off our DailyDefence with BLIS K12 (*30 packs only) and DailyDefence Junior with BLIS K12. Both products are available in Strawberry/Vanilla Flavour."

Cadalac123
14-05-2020, 03:33 PM
PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.😀

I don’t think you can really compare the two companies completely different industry with one selling a product to established customers and the other relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product (in the majority of cases minus those using it for halitosis which I’d argue are a reliable customer base)

emearg
14-05-2020, 04:06 PM
"Take advantage of our PREPARENOW discount code, giving you a 20% discount off our DailyDefence with BLIS K12 (*30 packs only) and DailyDefence Junior with BLIS K12. Both products are available in Strawberry/Vanilla Flavour."

Limit of 30 discounted packets per customer? Giving away 4,000 packets to chemist staff. Neither of these actions make me think Blis management are concerned about running out of stock.

pierre
14-05-2020, 04:06 PM
I don’t think you can really compare the two companies completely different industry with one selling a product to established customers and the other relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product (in the majority of cases minus those using it for halitosis which I’d argue are a reliable customer base)

I think "random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product" is a rather sweeping statement - even with your qualifier.

I've been a BLT shareholder since 2005 but only two years ago starting using Blis Toothguard to help with a gum disease issue.

My periodontist was amazed at the rapid and remarkable change in my condition after only three months use and there has been no reversion to my previous problem during any of my subsequent quarterly check-ups. There is nothing random or unnecessary about my Blis purchases. Discretionary? Of course, but if the product works I'm definitely going to continue.

It seems from the upgrade announcements that there are plenty more people purchasing Blis products. The buyers might be random people and they may be making discretionary purchases - but let's hope they keep thinking it's necessary!

Looking forward to the annual report and FY21 guidance to be issued in a couple of weeks.

Cadalac123
14-05-2020, 04:09 PM
I think "random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product" is a rather sweeping statement - even with your qualifier.

I've been a BLT shareholder since 2005 but only two years ago starting using Blis Toothguard to help with a gum disease issue.

My periodontist was amazed at the rapid and remarkable change in my condition after only three months use and there has been no reversion to my previous problem during any of my subsequent quarterly check-ups. There is nothing random or unnecessary about my Blis purchases. Discretionary? Of course, but if the product works I'm definitely going to continue.

It seems from the upgrade announcements that there are plenty more people purchasing Blis products. The buyers might be random people and they may be making discretionary purchases - but let's hope they keep thinking it's necessary!

Looking forward to the annual report and FY21 guidance to be issued in a couple of weeks.

Like you’ve outlined I think the product has shown it has great uses and is no doubt efficacious for certain applications . However the recent push by Blis for overall “immune strengthening” is a gimmick but it’s making sales so who cares I guess

I mean I think the same about vitamins too but hey there’s companies out there with a billion market cap people have made great gains from which sell multi vitamins

emearg
14-05-2020, 04:15 PM
...relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product

Pretty subjective what is necessary and what isn't though don't you think? People who think it stops them getting sick or having bad teeth will consider it necessary and possibly not discretionary. Personally I started taking K12 in 2006 because I was getting sick a lot. IT contractor so it was costing me big bucks those sick days. Since 2006 I have had one day off, and that was because I got the flu. Was it K12 keeping me at work? Let's not bother arguing that point. But from my point of view being at work an extra hour or two pays for a years supply so I don't consider it discretionary. Well, no more than buying toothpaste or paying for house insurance.

As far as valuing companies that sell unnecessary discretionary products you might be describing many of the companies listed on the NZX? Restaurant Brands? Sky TV? Much of what F & A Appliances offer?

keenkiwiflyer
14-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Looks like many are selling for profit. Back down to 0.87 and looking like 0.86 tomorrow. Will be an interesting week next week that’s for sure.

nevchev
14-05-2020, 06:54 PM
That's not how is works. PLX has 139,938,658 shares issued. BLT has 1,107,653,565 issued. The PLX shares are a much larger slice of the pie.

Did you read the last sentence.PLX ×10 or BLT÷ 10.Thats how it works

Cadalac123
14-05-2020, 07:12 PM
no point -edit

patrick
14-05-2020, 07:39 PM
Looks like many are selling for profit. Back down to 0.87 and looking like 0.86 tomorrow. Will be an interesting week next week that’s for sure.

U may be correct but the last trade of the day has often been the lowest for the day, saying what?

DazRaz
15-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Did you read the last sentence.PLX ×10 or BLT÷ 10.Thats how it works

No worries, see what you are saying now. As a shareholder, I'd rather they didn't go through the expense of a share consolidation. It's just an unnecessary expense and adds nothing to the company bottom line.

nevchev
15-05-2020, 04:02 PM
No worries, see what you are saying now. As a shareholder, I'd rather they didn't go through the expense of a share consolidation. It's just an unnecessary expense and adds nothing to the company bottom line.

All good.I agree about consolidation to a point as i like the liquidity but 1.1 billion screams penny dreadful.Have a fun,social weekend everyone

nevchev
18-05-2020, 12:07 PM
Seems to be alot trying to sell before the big day.Understandable considering the build up.It will have to be an impressive result to justify any lift in sp from here.glta

patrick
18-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Seems to be alot trying to sell before the big day.Understandable considering the build up.It will have to be an impressive result to justify any lift in sp from here.glta

Not what I am seeing!

sb9
18-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Consolidation around current level of 9c is healthy for next leg up depending on results and guidance due to be released at end of month.

nevchev
18-05-2020, 01:58 PM
Not what I am seeing!

We all see things differently at times.
18/5/2020, 12:54 pm SHINTR
Please see attached a Substantial Product Holder Notice for WEN Yi in Blis
BLT
I have no problemwith her selling some.lord knows she had enough of them

Cadalac123
18-05-2020, 02:23 PM
We all see things differently at times.
18/5/2020, 12:54 pm SHINTR
Please see attached a Substantial Product Holder Notice for WEN Yi in Blis P
BLT
I have no problemwith him selling some.lord knows he had enough of them

She's in a lucky position being able to cash out on every uptrend, did the same last time too. Probably a very low entry.

patrick
19-05-2020, 09:56 PM
Consolidation around current level of 9c is healthy for next leg up depending on results and guidance due to be released at end of month.

Any idea when the Report is expected or is only clue from last year?

pierre
19-05-2020, 10:18 PM
Any idea when the Report is expected or is only clue from last year?
My guess is 28 or 29 May. Maybe the latter as they have a few more dollars to count this year.

Drew95
23-05-2020, 07:34 AM
CARTHAGE, Mo. - May 21, 2020 - PRLog -- Blis Technologies Limited and Stratum Nutrition®, the exclusive North American distributor for the Blis Technologies' ingredients, announce the publication of two recent studies, one in vitro trial and one clinical trial, which investigated the effects of BLIS M18 on black teeth staining and found that BLIS M18 is effective in inhibiting bacteria that cause black teeth staining.

https://www.prlog.org/12823337-two-new-studies-confirm-blis-m18-effective-against-black-teeth-staining.html

Drew95
23-05-2020, 07:48 AM
Edited! Ooops posted in wrong thread

artemis
23-05-2020, 08:22 AM
Black teeth. Having Nil knowledge I checked and found these are surprisingly common, estimated prevalence 1% - 20%. Big range but a lot of people even at 1%, many of whom would not be too happy about it.

Caused by decay, some medications, some food and red wine. More common in children, hopefully not the red wine!

Blis should be passing the info out to the front line, dentists and GPs.

GPs have to be aware of side effects of medications they prescribe so are in a good position to advise based on research.

In the last few months I asked my dentist and my oral surgeon if they know about M18. Neither did, but were aware of K12.

patrick
23-05-2020, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Drew95;817163]CARTHAGE, Mo. - May 21, 2020 - PRLog -- Blis Technologies Limited and Stratum Nutrition®, the exclusive North American distributor for the Blis Technologies' ingredients, announce the publication of two recent studies, one in vitro trial and one clinical trial, which investigated the effects of BLIS M18 on black teeth staining and found that BLIS M18 is effective in inhibiting bacteria that cause black teeth staining.

Good news which will again be wasted. As a shareholder ( 0.2%, and shortly to be less) and product user for nearly 20 years I have NEVER seen any promotion in any media, although aware from st of recent TV 3 add. My belief is that Pharmacy staff in NZ are well informed but none of the good publicity has been shared in any advertising or promotions I have seen. Great to be proved wrong if evidence is available but I have wondered for some time what Julie, promotions, is doing?

Pricey
23-05-2020, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Drew95;817163]CARTHAGE, Mo. - May 21, 2020 - PRLog -- Blis Technologies Limited and Stratum Nutrition®, the exclusive North American distributor for the Blis Technologies' ingredients, announce the publication of two recent studies, one in vitro trial and one clinical trial, which investigated the effects of BLIS M18 on black teeth staining and found that BLIS M18 is effective in inhibiting bacteria that cause black teeth staining.

Good news which will again be wasted. As a shareholder ( 0.2%, and shortly to be less) and product user for nearly 20 years I have NEVER seen any promotion in any media, although aware from st of recent TV 3 add. My belief is that Pharmacy staff in NZ are well informed but none of the good publicity has been shared in any advertising or promotions I have seen. Great to be proved wrong if evidence is available but I have wondered for some time what Julie, promotions, is doing?

I am always a little bit suspicious of pharmacy staff and their recommendations. I recently (well, a couple of years ago) looked at some vitamin supply contracts entered into with pharmacies and most of it was about building an incentive scheme for pharmacists depending on how many sales they achieve of the particular product (basically it was a nationwide competition with $$ rewards). Despite being a strong product, sales will also be dependent on how strong the Blis agreements are with the pharmacies e.g. product placement within the shop and recommendation rewards.

emearg
23-05-2020, 08:34 PM
...I have NEVER seen any promotion in any media, although aware from st of recent TV 3 add. My belief is that Pharmacy staff in NZ are well informed but none of the good publicity has been shared in any advertising or promotions I have seen. Great to be proved wrong if evidence is available but I have wondered for some time what Julie, promotions, is doing?

Often seen advertised in the pharmacy mailers. Also in the Countdown pharmacy section occasionally.

There has been a big push with UltraBlis. Check out some of the links below for an insight into this, and other general activity. I note their advertising budget is still tiny so I'm actually quite surprised they have been able to afford all the advertising on buildings, buses and at events. Sponsorship is obviously a big things for Blis...sports teams and events.

https://blis.co.nz/blogs/journal

https://www.instagram.com/blistechnologies/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD_3SgjoAcTDgAPOC_fIGA

https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnologiesLtd

They released a series of videos over the past few weeks about immunity in response to Covid.

I don't watch broadcast TV, nor do I listen to radio that has ads so can't comment on that side of things.

If you start Googling Blis then ads will start popping up everywhere so Blis are spending some coin with Google.

Their products are sponsored on Amazon.

Ggcc
23-05-2020, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=patrick;817246]

I am always a little bit suspicious of pharmacy staff and their recommendations. I recently (well, a couple of years ago) looked at some vitamin supply contracts entered into with pharmacies and most of it was about building an incentive scheme for pharmacists depending on how many sales they achieve of the particular product (basically it was a nationwide competition with $$ rewards). Despite being a strong product, sales will also be dependent on how strong the Blis agreements are with the pharmacies e.g. product placement within the shop and recommendation rewards.

I agree, I don't always take the recommendations of Pharmacy staff, as I feel they sometimes have their own financial agenda

Chippie
23-05-2020, 09:35 PM
Often seen advertised in the pharmacy mailers. Also in the Countdown pharmacy section occasionally.

There has been a big push with UltraBlis. Check out some of the links below for an insight into this, and other general activity. I note their advertising budget is still tiny so I'm actually quite surprised they have been able to afford all the advertising on buildings, buses and at events. Sponsorship is obviously a big things for Blis...sports teams and events.

https://blis.co.nz/blogs/journal

https://www.instagram.com/blistechnologies/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD_3SgjoAcTDgAPOC_fIGA

https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnologiesLtd

They released a series of videos over the past few weeks about immunity in response to Covid.

I don't watch broadcast TV, nor do I listen to radio that has ads so can't comment on that side of things.

If you start Googling Blis then ads will start popping up everywhere so Blis are spending some coin with Google.

Their products are sponsored on Amazon.

I have also noticed a lot of radio advertising, must have heard 4 adverts in 2 hours of driving yesterday. They also have a large billboard for UltraBlis on Customhouse Quay in wgtn. They also have their name all over the Highlanders.
My biggest worry at the moment is they are spending all our profits on advertising, but hopefully it is okay if sales are still growing. My preference is to spend money on marketing in large oversea's markets rather than NZ.

patrick
23-05-2020, 09:54 PM
I must get out more, obviously

winner69
24-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Nothing to do with Blis but I took part in an Otago Uni clinical study on probiotics on ones health.

After six months taking their pills the results were apparently what they were hoping for (like good changes) ....then they told me I was taking the placebo.

patrick
24-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Looked at the Southern Steel promotion; not impressive.

Drew95
25-05-2020, 08:44 AM
An interesting article. Nothing to do with Blis directly, but very interesting that "New Image has increased production by 50% in response to higher demand from the Covid 19 pandemic" ... due to a "75% increase in demand through its direct selling channel".

It will be interesting to see if Blis has been tarred with a similar brush when it reports...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12334118&ref=CE-TA-DND-BUS

artemis
25-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Dramatic spike in rheumatic fever in New Zealand.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/417429/spike-in-rheumatic-fever-cases-in-wellington

Drew95
25-05-2020, 09:18 AM
Dramatic spike in rheumatic fever in New Zealand.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/05/fletcher-called-on-to-return-ihumatao-block-after-collecting-68-million-in-taxpayer-funded-wage-subsidies.html

Incorrect link???

emearg
25-05-2020, 09:27 AM
From RNZ:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/417429/spike-in-rheumatic-fever-cases-in-wellington

keenkiwiflyer
27-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Their results must come out in the next couple of days right? I also see a new appointment has been made..

Cadalac123
27-05-2020, 04:46 PM
Nothing to do with Blis but I took part in an Otago Uni clinical study on probiotics on ones health.

After six months taking their pills the results were apparently what they were hoping for (like good changes) ....then they told me I was taking the placebo.

That's how every supplement works

winner69
27-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Seems SausageDog has got a promotion

pierre
27-05-2020, 07:05 PM

You made the above comment a couple of weeks back Left field.

Brian Watson speaks well of Frank Spiewack in today's announcement that after joining BLT in November last year, Frank is now a member of the executive team.

Frank brings to the Blis leadership group a wealth of experience in

developing international markets and establishing strong distribution

relationships which are critical to our growth aspirations.

I didn't know Frank was on board or anything about him until today's announcement. His LinkedIn profile backs up Brian's comment and shows that he's had plenty of international experience.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankspiewack/

We will know tomorrow or Friday how much value Frank (and Brian) have delivered in international growth.

I'm contemplating now whether the full year announcement and the FY21 guidance will cause the SP to head closer to 10 cents or drop back below 8. Anyone willing to take a punt on Friday's close?

My pick: 9.7c

A virtual chocolate fish for whoever is closest to the mark.

Bonne chance
Pierre

keenkiwiflyer
27-05-2020, 07:53 PM
0.092. Early spike sends it above 0.10 but then dropping. Far too many people will be cashing up I think.

Cadalac123
27-05-2020, 07:58 PM
No longer in but predict spike to >0.10, failure to break resistance level and back down UNLESS news about ongoing sales growth spillover to Q1 FY21, in which case FOMO might drive it higher.

Chippie
27-05-2020, 07:58 PM
10.4 at closing (after hitting 10.7 at 2pm) :)

Leftfield
27-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Hi Pierre, I've just caught up with today's news and like you I was happy with the announcement re Frank Spiewack. I like that he has been onboard BLT since Nov 2019 and this elevation is practical reward for his expertise. I like internal promotions, so yes I'm happy to eat humble pie while you eat your virtual chocolate fish! ;)

Roll on 9.7c (and beyond!)

brucea
27-05-2020, 08:42 PM
My guess is 9.3c then dropping later to 8.8c ish

clip
28-05-2020, 07:07 AM
My guess will hit 9.8c drop back to 9.2c

winner69
28-05-2020, 07:16 AM
C’mon guys

Surely 11c to 12c if good result and talk of a bright future

pierre
28-05-2020, 07:54 AM
C’mon guys

Surely 11c to 12c if good result and talk of a bright future

Do you want to be more specific Winner or shall I record your pick for Friday's close as 11.5c? Id hate you to miss out on the virtual chocolate fish!

patrick
28-05-2020, 08:21 AM
12.3 at noon after news

RGR367
28-05-2020, 08:38 AM
It will hit as high as 12.6 on a good report but it will eventually settle around 9.9 after a few days of it.

winner69
28-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Do you want to be more specific Winner or shall I record your pick for Friday's close as 11.5c? Id hate you to miss out on the virtual chocolate fish!

No ... I’ll go 13 cents

sb9
28-05-2020, 09:24 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/353846

Gotta love that growth in US and in particular through Amazon platform...

sb9
28-05-2020, 09:25 AM
My pick is 10.5c close today...

nevchev
28-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Report much as expected.A good result.Nothing said of ingredient supply but forecast seems reasonable (as expected)

winner69
28-05-2020, 09:36 AM
So they only sell $3.1m Blis branded finished products (the stuff you buy in shops and on line?) and these sales were flat.

The other $7.3m in sales were ingredients what ever that means (something for others to put in their finished product?)

Obviously I’ve missed something over the years.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/353846/323399.pdf

winner69
28-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Phew- I’m glad they said this ...but pretty poor no guidance

Our objective of sustained profitable growth remains

clip
28-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Report much as expected.A good result.Nothing said of ingredient supply but forecast seems reasonable (as expected)

To me the mention of "Production capacity increased to meet COVID-19 driven demand" reads as, there was no issue with ingredient supply, but more issues with processing/plant/packaging side of things rather than raw ingredient.

TobyPascoe92
28-05-2020, 09:44 AM
"delivered greater supply capacity and alternate sourcing". ​Im thinking the latter is referring to their supply base?

winner69
28-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Not a very inspiring report or presentation is it

Hard to see this doing much for the share price

nevchev
28-05-2020, 09:58 AM
Not a very inspiring report or presentation is it

Hard to see this doing much for the share price

I think it was much as expected.There wasnt much room for any surprises as they had kept the market updated.

TobyPascoe92
28-05-2020, 10:01 AM
Their annual report documents has confirmation of a second supplier of ingredients. That should have been clear in the main announcement. Im predicting .11 by about 2pm simply on the look of the numbers to people - I mean 320% growth in profit! Thats what some people will see. Strap in!

Golfer01
28-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Their annual report documents has confirmation of a second supplier of ingredients. That should have been clear in the main announcement. Im predicting .11 by about 2pm simply on the look of the numbers to people - I mean 320% growth in profit! Thats what some people will see. Strap in!

As much as I would like to see 11cps, I can't see it. Love to be proved wrong though..

brucea
28-05-2020, 10:25 AM
I agree re Winner69 comment

pierre
28-05-2020, 10:27 AM
Hmmm. We knew what the FY20 result would be so my main interest was in the guidance for the coming year, but unfortunately, there was very little of that.

Having an "objective of sustained profitable growth" is what you'd be hoping for from any business. However, with no numbers attached to the statement - the growth could be anything from 1% to 100% - I don't expect any price spike at all from this pretty vague report.

The SP will probably wobble around 8-9cents until the update at the annual meeting. That had better be positive and reveal some of that promised profitable growth over the first quarter of FY21.

No chocolate fish for me or Winner - there may be some candidates though - so we will see what 5pm Friday brings.

DazRaz
28-05-2020, 10:43 AM
The full annual report is there. I think they have made a mistake in not having that in the announcement title.

brucea
28-05-2020, 11:18 AM
I think I was over optimistic about 9.3c then dropping to 8.8c. But then I was an early investor in Blis and have had so many fingers burned it is hard to type! I suspect there are others who may feel a little pessimistic given their past performance. However, not to complain too much as my average price is 4c given my history of buying the rights issue (I think it was that) a while back. I had written off this investment years ago (in denial 😂) so it was a surprise when the shares surged a few months ago. My hope is when their skin probiotics cream becomes available and when M18 is marketed more. My dentist has never heard of M18.

emearg
28-05-2020, 11:35 AM
As a long term holder I'm thrilled with everything I have read so far. I'm half way through the AR now. This has been the companies best year to date in many ways. The increase in working capital and positive cashflow are excellent...the company is now in a safe financial position for the first time in it's history.

I will write more later. But I won't be trying to predict closing share prices. I would have a better chance of picking the winning LOTTO numbers. Over a decade of Blis ownership has taught me that.

nevchev
28-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Quiet here considering results out today.Many have done well and i suspect that rather than hang on,some are taking their gains and fair enough.I think the news was already priced in so couple that with such broad guidance and its fully understandable.Ill be back in to this when the dust settles.Its a good company with(hopefully) a bright future

keenkiwiflyer
28-05-2020, 02:53 PM
So no bump at all in SP.

Quite surprising given people’s projections.

winner69
28-05-2020, 05:28 PM
At least the share price went up today

pierre
28-05-2020, 05:39 PM
So no bump at all in SP.

Quite surprising given people’s projections.

I was anticipating a more enthusiastic outlook for the coming year and a resulting uptick in the SP. I should have remembered Brian clearly likes to under-promise and overdeliver (which I'm actually happy about).

I will now wait for the annual meeting in late July - I might even use some of my credit with Air NZ to fly down to Dunedin - and the update on Q1 of this current financial year. Maybe that's when the next spike in the SP will occur ( he said hopefully).

Meantime, I'm a happy holder and wont be selling any in the foreseeable future.

Snow Leopard
28-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Just discovered that BLIS actually stands for something:

Bacteriocin Like Inhibiting Substances

One's education is never complete.

Buy more BLIS :t_up:

Sideshow Bob
28-05-2020, 09:08 PM
PE ratio of 61.

W69, leave it for you for a PEG, that's one of your favourites... :p

Leftfield
29-05-2020, 02:35 PM
ODT article on BLT FYI - https://www.odt.co.nz/business/profitable-blis-points-significant-growth

Cadalac123
29-05-2020, 02:53 PM
The balance sheet wasn't bad by any means. Some potential future tailwinds are clearly listed.

The biggest issue I have holding long a stock like BLT is in relation to lumpiness of sales and at the moment anyway no clear reliable growth trajectory. If you look at the balance sheet you see a trend that is somewhat stabilising after years of lumpiness. The product itself falls into a category that perhaps caters to the risk of this lumpiness.

On a stock like this I would demand margin of safety to a notable degree before ever entering again. Surprised sentiment with the positive NPAT didn't drive the stock price though, and maybe this is a representation of exhaustion of buyers given the two recent leg ups with the updated guidances.

Once again a failure to give future revenue projection is not helpful, and essentially leaves you holding a company you "hope" will keep making sales on peoples perception of off the counter "immunity" products remaining over time.

I actually think the ingredient related sales are a hidden treasure for this company and if they can somehow expand their offering through this venue, it might also for some unprecedented scability too.

sb9
29-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Lightened my holding by half y'day to lock in some profits and remainder free carry.

Leftfield
29-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Lightened my holding by half y'day to lock in some profits and remainder free carry.

Hey that's my strategy! (Currently 71% of my portfolio free held.) Well done sb9. Can't go wrong that way.

pierre
29-05-2020, 04:37 PM
Well, yesterday's confirmation of the FY20 profit and its accompanying pretty lukewarm outlook for FY21 certainly didn't excite too many investors.

Unless there's a (highly unlikely) spike in the SP in the next 30 minutes or so, none of the punters in our little competition have accurately forecast today's closing price. However, the prize of the virtual chocolate fish goes to whomever is closest to the pin - and it looks like Brucea is going to be the winner with his pick of 8.8c. Just as well it's a virtual prize mate - the real things are full of sugar and no good for you at all!

That's a really disappointing result for me. I really wanted Winner69 to take the prize - not only because his pick of 13c would have been a fabulous outcome - but also it would have been a just reward for his relentless positivity and enthusiasm. I'm sure your forecast for the SP will be correct though Winner - just not sure which year it will apply. :D

fungus pudding
29-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Hey that's my strategy! (Currently 71% of my portfolio free held.) Well done sb9. Can't go wrong that way.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by free held?

dln
29-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Have cashed up at least the value of the initial investment and still have "free" shares left.

fungus pudding
29-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Have cashed up at least the value of the initial investment and still have "free" shares left.
You should write a book.

nevchev
29-05-2020, 07:42 PM
This has held up better than i thought.Early days, but there seems to be some appetite left.Well done for those who got in early

Leftfield
29-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by free held?

It's my term for using the upward momentum of a share (if we are so fortunate) to recoup your original investment.

For example; Say you bought 100,000 BLT at 4c and the SP has doubled to the current 8 or 9c. You can then sell half your holding and recoup your original investment, so you are de-risked and 'free-hold' the remaining 50,000 shares which you can sit back and hold for the long term. Meanwhile you can take your original investment and find another share to diversify into.

Rinse and repeat as needed. There are many variations of this but the principle is to 'free hold' your shares and keep your original 'capital' working hard elsewhere as you diversify.

My first Free hold was ATM, and over time I've worked my original capital into decent size free holdings in PLX, SKO, and BLT. As you can see it works best with small caps that grow fast. It favours tax free capital gains.

Having recouped my original investment I sleep much easier and am more better placed to ride out tough market conditions as encountered this year.

Hope that helps however, as usual DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

fungus pudding
29-05-2020, 09:23 PM
It's my term for using the upward momentum of a share (if we are so fortunate) to recoup your original investment.

For example; Say you bought 100,000 BLT at 4c and the SP has doubled to the current 8 or 9c. You can then sell half your holding and recoup your original investment, so you are de-risked and 'free-hold' the remaining 50,000 shares which you can sit back and hold for the long term. Meanwhile you can take your original investment and find another share to diversify into.

Rinse and repeat as needed. There are many variations of this but the principle is to 'free hold' your shares and keep your original 'capital' working hard elsewhere as you diversify.

My first Free hold was ATM, and over time I've worked my original capital into decent size free holdings in PLX, SKO, and BLT. As you can see it works best with small caps that grow fast. It favours tax free capital gains.

Having recouped my original investment I sleep much easier and am more better placed to ride out tough market conditions as encountered this year.

Hope that helps however, as usual DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Those shares are your profit. So why not call them profit shares? They weren't free at any stage.

patrick
29-05-2020, 09:45 PM
Fungus,
Just say thanks, I was ignorant.

fungus pudding
29-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Fungus,
Just say thanks, I was ignorant.

I find free held shares a strange term, and very much doubt that many actually know what the poster means. I would hazard a guess that some would assume it means the shares are owned without any encumbrance. It's interesting that in real estate 'freehold' is widely misused even though it is a legal definition referring to land tenure, which in its simplest sense means 'not leasehold.' Almost all residential properties in NZ are freehold although only a third are mortgage free (unencumbered). So - happy to admit to being ignorant, but can't go as far as saying thanks.

winner69
30-05-2020, 01:27 AM
I find free held shares a strange term, and very much doubt that many actually know what the poster means. I would hazard a guess that some would assume it means the shares are owned without any encumbrance. It's interesting that in real estate 'freehold' is widely misused even though it is a legal definition referring to land tenure, which in its simplest sense means 'not leasehold.' Almost all residential properties in NZ are freehold although only a third are mortgage free (unencumbered). So - happy to admit to being ignorant, but can't go as far as saying thanks.

Hi fungus - I was paid 5.2 cents to hold my Blis shares. That’s better than free eh

Leftfield
30-05-2020, 08:40 AM
I find free held shares a strange term

Just wanted to say that I did not, and would not use the term 'ignorant.'

You have been posting longer and have made many more posts than me. I'm sure you can call 'free hold' shares whatever you like. It's merely the term I use. Each to their own.

fungus pudding
30-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Just wanted to say that I did not, and would not use the term 'ignorant.'

You have been posting longer and have made many more posts than me. I'm sure you can call 'free hold' shares whatever you like. It's merely the term I use. Each to their own.

Use it by all means - just don't expect to be understood by all and sundry. Post in Swahili if you wish to, but don't be surprised or offended if asked for a translation occasionally.

DazRaz
30-05-2020, 12:19 PM
If a company is doing well enough that you can sell half your holding and get your original money back why sell at all. If it still has prospects for good returns I'd want to keep all the money there rather than transfer to something not working as well.

Leftfield
30-05-2020, 01:36 PM
If a company is doing well enough that you can sell half your holding and get your original money back why sell at all. If it still has prospects for good returns I'd want to keep all the money there rather than transfer to something not working as well.

The doubling scenario was simply an example. You can achieve the 'free hold' in numerous ways.

Another example;
Say you held 30k ATM shares from .50c to $15.00 at which time you only needed to sell 1k shares to freehold the remainder. ATM has yet to double from from $15 to $30, while elsewhere there may be greater growth (in say) PLX, PPH, BLT or whatever....

Selling strategically also provides some advantage in allowing your portfolio to become more diversified.

There are also times when a SP 'gets ahead of itself" and that is a good time to 'freehold' by selling down for example in 2016 BLT was 6c before slumping down to 2c for most of 2018. Maybe it was a better option to have your $'s elsewhere before coming back in again in the more recent time?

Sometimes share investment is an 'art' rather than a 'science'. Keep an open mind and DYOR.

Mufasa
30-05-2020, 02:19 PM
The doubling scenario was simply an example. You can achieve the 'free hold' in numerous ways.

Another example;
Say you held 30k ATM shares from .50c to $15.00 at which time you only needed to sell 1k shares to freehold the remainder. ATM has yet to double from from $15 to $30, while elsewhere there may be greater growth (in say) PLX, PPH, BLT or whatever....

Selling strategically also provides some advantage in allowing your portfolio to become more diversified.

There are also times when a SP 'gets ahead of itself" and that is a good time to 'freehold' by selling down for example in 2016 BLT was 6c before slumping down to 2c for most of 2018. Maybe it was a better option to have your $'s elsewhere before coming back in again in the more recent time?

Sometimes share investment is an 'art' rather than a 'science'. Keep an open mind and DYOR.

This is a theory I have employed, actually just did this two days ago by selling down on BLT and have moved to put the profit funds into Oceania Healthcare for a more long term hold and strong dividend stock. Hopefully one day in a few years or even 4 - 5 years I will be able to sell down on OCA and move to another growth stock. It is a good way of diversifying off your original investment.

fungus pudding
30-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Another example;
Say you held 30k ATM shares from .50c to $15.00 at which time you only needed to sell 1k shares to freehold the remainder. ATM has yet to double from from $15 to $30, while elsewhere there may be greater growth (in say) PLX, PPH, BLT or whatever.....

Another example - sell your car + buy a bike, and spend the leftover on shares, which you could call freehold or any other misnomer if you so wish. Or you could use standard English and call them unencumbered.

GTM 3442
30-05-2020, 04:51 PM
I still have trouble with the “free carry” or “free held” idea, especially when it comes to being “de-risked”. Let’s plug Promisia Integrative (PIL) into the model and see what happens.

You buy 200,000 PIL at $0.006 for $1200. After a year or two, you sell 100,000 PIL at $0.04 for $4,000. Well done!

You now have 100,000 PIL. Cost $600, value $4,000 and $4,000 in cash. A total of $8,000

You have $4000 in cash, and your $4,000 cash is not at risk, but your $4,000 of Promisia shares is at risk.

MoH/Pharmac/whoever then drop their Artemisia bombshell and the Promisia share price goes to $0.002

Your current 100,000 PIL shares are now worth $200, against a cost of $600. This leaves your current PIL holding underwater to the tune of $400. How does the idea of “free held” cope with this loss?

Mufasa
30-05-2020, 04:59 PM
I still have trouble with the “free carry” or “free held” idea, especially when it comes to being “de-risked”. Let’s plug Promisia Integrative (PIL) into the model and see what happens.

You buy 200,000 PIL at $0.006 for $1200. After a year or two, you sell 100,000 PIL at $0.04 for $4,000. Well done!

You now have 100,000 PIL. Cost $600, value $4,000 and $4,000 in cash. A total of $8,000

You have $4000 in cash, and your $4,000 cash is not at risk, but your $4,000 of Promisia shares is at risk.

MoH/Pharmac/whoever then drop their Artemisia bombshell and the Promisia share price goes to $0.002

Your current 100,000 PIL shares are now worth $200, against a cost of $600. This leaves your current PIL holding underwater to the tune of $400. How does the idea of “free held” cope with this loss?

Really? I would challenge you to actually read what you just wrote. You have taken out $4000 cash of an initial investment of $1200. You have $2800 profit in your wallet and the shares that are left in PIL carry absolutely no risk IN RELATION TO YOUR INITIAL CAPITAL INVESTMENT. they are therefore “effectively” freehold.

winner69
30-05-2020, 05:04 PM

hey mate - your remaining 1000 cost you negative $3800 - average cost of -$0.038 - essentially you have been 'paid' to 'buy' these 1000 shares ... cool eh

Thats how most calculate their average cost

DazRaz
30-05-2020, 07:08 PM
That highlights why the price you paid for a share is of little relevance. I think people use that to feel good that they are progressing and have made money. Sell down methods to "free hold" is just a mind trick to feel immune to losses.

As for rebalancing portfolios I still would question why you sell a well performing share. You may be able to rebalance by changing where new money goes. I'd rather be unbalanced than sell down a great share.

Personally, my share investments are insignificant compared to my property investments, so balancing sectors makes ATM makes little difference to me.

GTM 3442
30-05-2020, 07:26 PM
hey mate - your remaining 1000 cost you negative $3800 - average cost of -$0.038 - essentially you have been 'paid' to 'buy' these 1000 shares ... cool eh

Thats how most calculate their average cost

Sh*t!

I should have bought a million of them and waited for the price to go to $0.001 - I'd have been rich!

Cadalac123
30-05-2020, 10:02 PM
That highlights why the price you paid for a share is of little relevance. I think people use that to feel good that they are progressing and have made money. Sell down methods to "free hold" is just a mind trick to feel immune to losses.

As for rebalancing portfolios I still would question why you sell a well performing share. You may be able to rebalance by changing where new money goes. I'd rather be unbalanced than sell down a great share.

Personally, my share investments are insignificant compared to my property investments, so balancing sectors makes ATM makes little difference to me.

I'd rather actually read the reports and alter/reposition/enter/exit based on the phase or period a company is going through by actually evaluating the reports released and current tailwinds or headwinds and actually make informed decisions rather than buying a company based on an idea or feel good hypothesis.

With the above approach you can put in large sums of money and actually sleep at night for an adequate return rather than entering at a price where buyers exhaust and low volume drifts the shareprice down for 8 months, clinging to the idea you have the next CSL or Xero.

Could end up with a GenTrack if you sit tight and ignore everything

nevchev
01-06-2020, 07:05 PM
"delivered greater supply capacity and alternate sourcing". ​Im thinking the latter is referring to their supply base?
• Offshore ingredient supply including a Dairy Free option
Can anyone eleborate on where this supply might be from?

emearg
02-06-2020, 09:18 PM
• Offshore ingredient supply including a Dairy Free option
Can anyone eleborate on where this supply might be from?

I don't believe we have been informed. It is possible it is GMP Pharmaceuticals. http://gmp.com.au/production/

From 2019 HYR:
"Established a relationship with GMP Pharmaceuticals to produce Australia products to meet TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) requirements."

That said, my gut feeling is that it will be in Europe and not down under.

nevchev
05-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Well done to those who made a quid from the pre FY volatility. Its a personal decision now whether to ride this out or cash in and run with the smart money with alternative sectors making good progress.Its not easy.GLTA

Snow Leopard
08-06-2020, 09:34 PM
I notice that BLT did not get involved in the euphoria today :(.

But still the uptrend of price and volume remains intact :).

DazRaz
08-06-2020, 10:44 PM
I think it will be a quiet ride until the half year results

Ltw
09-06-2020, 11:30 AM
or until the house of cards comes falling down again Blis is a pretty safe bet at the moment as for the rest this buy up has hartace all over it

Not The Chosen One
10-06-2020, 12:12 PM
I would have thought there'd be a bit more excitement and possibly movement in the SP when the announcement on the 28th May was released. Looked a pretty good read to me but if anything, it has dropped a bit. Not enough skin in this game to fully understand....

Leftfield
10-06-2020, 12:53 PM
I would have thought there'd be a bit more excitement and possibly movement in the SP when the announcement on the 28th May was released. Looked a pretty good read to me but if anything, it has dropped a bit. Not enough skin in this game to fully understand....

Important for you to appreciate that just because you have chosen to invest in BLT (or any company) is not a reason for the market to suddenly get 'excited.'

The market will work at its own time and pay's v little attention to what is posted here.

Not The Chosen One
10-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Important for you to appreciate that just because you have chosen to invest in BLT (or any company) is not a reason for the market to suddenly get 'excited.'

The market will work at its own time and pay's v little attention to what is posted here.

I may be new here but I know full well that my investment with this company which was made a while ago won't have any bearing on the market getting excited.
Generally, if there's good news (or bad) then any particular thread can gain some traction in comments but obviously there's no excitement at the moment with BLT which is fine.
I would be worried if the market did pay attention to posts on this site or any forum for that matter.

nevchev
10-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Some support in the mid 7s which is where i think this will settle and trade within a few pips till we get some news.The rest of the world is still grappling with corona so im assuming sales will be tracking along nicely.

emearg
11-06-2020, 07:30 PM
New advertisement for the TV perhaps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFJuspiakBY

nevchev
11-06-2020, 08:19 PM
New advertisement for the TV perhaps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFJuspiakBY

Cool!like the chinese subtitles.

pierre
13-06-2020, 10:50 PM
Plenty of exposure for BLT during the Highlanders v Chiefs game tonight. Blis branding on the Highlanders' shorts and shirts and signage behind the posts.

Pretty much a full house at the stadium and the TV audience will have been pretty good too for the first game in months so plenty of eyeballs on the promotion.

The (close) win for the Highlanders will keep the Otago crowd happy and that result plus the ads, might mean BLT sells another pack or two of products over the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully that leads to a beefed up Q1 report at the ASM and another step up in the SP - or not.

nevchev
15-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Do we have a date for the agm?

winner69
15-06-2020, 09:13 AM
Plenty of exposure for BLT during the Highlanders v Chiefs game tonight. Blis branding on the Highlanders' shorts and shirts and signage behind the posts.

Pretty much a full house at the stadium and the TV audience will have been pretty good too for the first game in months so plenty of eyeballs on the promotion.

The (close) win for the Highlanders will keep the Otago crowd happy and that result plus the ads, might mean BLT sells another pack or two of products over the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully that leads to a beefed up Q1 report at the ASM and another step up in the SP - or not.

You only see all that exposure on Highlanders stuff because your brain is tuned to notice. Would hazard it a guess nobody else noticed (OK I’ll be generous and say maybe one other)

Can you name pne of the sponsors on the Hurricanes kit? I can because I have a vested interest and it is obvious it’s awesome ...but little evidence it creates any extra sales ....but marketers will say it enhances brand awareness :sleep:

pierre
15-06-2020, 09:23 AM
You only see all that exposure on Highlanders stuff because your brain is tuned to notice. Would hazard it a guess nobody else noticed (OK I’ll be generous and say maybe one other)

Can you name pne of the sponsors on the Hurricanes kit? I can because I have a vested interest and it is obvious it’s awesome ...but little evidence it creates any extra sales ....but marketers will say it enhances brand awareness :sleep:

I agree with your comments. You might have skipped the last two words of my post. ;)

winner69
15-06-2020, 09:28 AM
I agree with your comments. You might have skipped the last two words of my post. ;)

Must have done

Often have a smile when outfits sponsor big teams ....driven by ego driven marketers who have no idea of Return on marketing investment ....but it probably gets them to meet the boys every now and again ..and give Gotland a big hug.

nevchev
17-06-2020, 06:05 PM
Having a closer look at the numbers presented in the revenue upgrades it seems to me in the last two weeks of the 4th quarter(last two weeks of March) revenue was about $600,000.So assuming no growth in revenue but maintaining that level we should see for fy 2021 revenue of 14.4 ml.They sounded bullish on sales into the US and Europe and will be trading in Canada and online in China by the end of the year.So much potential upside from here its hard to even estimate what revenues will be reached providing they can keep up production wise.Seems the market is underestimating the potential here.We should have a clearer picture after the agm in just over a month.Im accumulating as much as i can till then!!!!GLTA

Cadalac123
17-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Having a closer look at the numbers presented in the revenue upgrades it seems to me in the last two weeks of the 4th quarter(last two weeks of March) revenue was about $600,000.So assuming no growth in revenue but maintaining that level we should see for fy 2021 revenue of 14.4 ml.They sounded bullish on sales into the US and Europe and will be trading in Canada and online in China by the end of the year.So much potential upside from here its hard to even estimate what revenues will be reached providing they can keep up production wise.Seems the market is underestimating the potential here.We should have a clearer picture after the agm in just over a month.Im accumulating as much as i can till then!!!!GLTA

Revenue has shown to be lumpy which is not surprising in this space. Potential spillover of sales into q1 fy21 but to project out revenues based on increase surge driven by the pandemic is a bit risky, possible but if not met will not be a pretty picture sp wise.

Will see how q1 goes

Brain
17-06-2020, 06:23 PM

The brand awareness is subliminal of course. This makes the arguments for and against a bit tricky.

nevchev
17-06-2020, 06:32 PM
Revenue has shown to be lumpy which is not surprising in this space. Potential spillover of sales into q1 fy21 but to project out revenues based on increase surge driven by the pandemic is a bit risky, possible but if not met will not be a pretty picture sp wise.

Will see how q1 goes
I cant see there there been to much downside.Asia was down due oz rollout fy 2020 so will be playing catch up,new markets opening and new product launches this year.Why do you think spill over will be only q1?Covid definitely no where near under control and the world screaming out for immune boosting products.Its theirs to lose if they cant gain market penertration from here they never will

winner69
17-06-2020, 06:41 PM
The brand awareness is subliminal of course. This makes the arguments for and against a bit tricky.

If the Highlanders can do for Blis what Michael Jordan has done for Nike they are onto a winner

But MEE have beaten them to Beauden

Cadalac123
17-06-2020, 06:45 PM
If the Highlanders can do for Blis what Michael Jordan has done for Nike they are onto a winner

But MEE have beaten them to Beauden

Yeah guys wife is on the brands team no way he’s just doing it as a favour to her. Def a strong product endorsement - rugby player who’s wife is on the board for the product.

Awesome

nevchev
17-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Yeah guys wife is on the brands team no way he’s just doing it as a favour to her. Def a strong product endorsement - rugby player who’s wife is on the board for the product.

Awesome

Hahahaha,Still dont understand why they bothered.It must be a southern thing.....like Speights.

patrick
17-06-2020, 08:16 PM

Agree
If the $600,000 is near right it’s a no brainer. The Report was “ low key” in my view, no estimates, so all to be revealed. Not much risk ahead at around current SP. Gave the thumbs up at 6.1c and outlook better now.

Holder for History so might have the specs on,!

nevchev
18-06-2020, 04:14 AM
Agree
If the $600,000 is near right it’s a no brainer. The Report was “ low key” in my view, no estimates, so all to be revealed. Not much risk ahead at around current SP. Gave the thumbs up at 6.1c and outlook better now.

Holder for History so might have the specs on,!

Yes,no point in giving guidance when they probaly have been taken by surprise by the surge in demand over the last 3 months.A number of kiwi co in the same boat(zespri for one)They stated they have taken on more staff and where flat out meeting forward orders.We will know in a month how its unraveling. GLTA
Have said it before but what other nz companies can you own who are turning a profit for a sp of less than 0.10c
For me the upcoming ASM holds far more significance as they had kept the market well informed leading up to full year results.cheers

SSB11
18-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Other Probiotic manufactures are reporting a decent sales uplift post Covid, and expecting it to grow a lot in the next few years. I'm getting into this.

Sideshow Bob
18-06-2020, 10:13 AM
Have said it before but what other nz companies can you own who are turning a profit for a sp of less than 0.10c

But with 1.107 billion shares on issue. ;)

As said before, these guys could benefit from a share consolidation....

nevchev
18-06-2020, 10:18 AM

Agree Bob but not the 10 for 1 some are calling for.Even ATM has over 700000000

RGR367
18-06-2020, 10:20 AM

Worry not as it will be consolidated soon enough for having such a big number of shares is kinda laughable really.

nevchev
18-06-2020, 10:23 AM
Worry not as it will be consolidated soon enough for having such a big number of shares is kinda laughable really.

Any guesses out there as to what the numbers will be?

pierre
18-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Any guesses out there as to what the numbers will be?

Depends where you want the SP to land. At current price 10:1 gets the SP to around 80c, 5:1 makes it around 40c.

Whatever level it's at doesn't change the value of your holding, so it may not be worth the bother - and I quite like knowing I hold millions of shares in the company.

A consolidation is just a bit of lipstick to get BLT out of the penny dreadful category - not saying BLT is a pig though!

emearg
18-06-2020, 11:15 AM

I just received an email from Blis pushing HoneyBlis. It also included some photos of the teams they sponsor including the Highlanders. The word Blis is over their thighs and butts. I reckon that will get a few comments...people may not know about the product but many will agree with the sentiment ;)

keenkiwiflyer
18-06-2020, 12:52 PM
I’m a big supporter of Blis, but the advertising is nothing more than that, increasing brand awareness slightly. It could be argued that the target market of those who watch rugby union is not the target market of Blis. A more targeted marketed campaign would likely bring better ROI.

For instance I know a lot of people who watch rugby, and not one of them has heard of Blis. Nevertheless, looking forward to the AGM.

justakiwi
18-06-2020, 02:07 PM
Every little bit of publicity/advertising helps. I just got a message from Blis telling me I won their Facebook “caption this” Sports pack competition :)

When I am at the gym next week using my Blis towel, cap and drink bottle, that’s a possible conversation starter and free publicity.

Ltw
18-06-2020, 05:31 PM
Every little bit of publicity/advertising helps. I just got a message from Blis telling me I won their Facebook “caption this” Sports pack competition :)

When I am at the gym next week using my Blis towel, cap and drink bottle, that’s a possible conversation starter and free publicity.

Agreed, if we focus only on Rugby advertising its not exciting, however Blis adverts are popping up everywhere sports, radio, billboards their whole advertising campaign is awesome and hitting every angle.

nevchev
22-06-2020, 02:12 PM
I checked availability on Amazon on Friday and they had sold out but have just checked again and they are back in stock.Well done blt,keep up the good work!!!

nevchev
22-06-2020, 02:24 PM
I checked availability on Amazon on Friday and they had sold out but have just checked again and they are back in stock.Well done blt,keep up the good work!!!Imagehttps://www.stockopedia.com › blis-...
BLIS TECHNOLOGIES Share Price - BLT Share Price - Stockopedia
3 days ago · Stockopedia rates BLIS Technologies as a Speculative High Flyer . brokers rate it as a 'Strong Buy'. Click to view NZC:BLT's StockReport

patrick
22-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Junior Daily Defence out of stock at Pharmacy Direct; any thoughts other than the obvious?

nevchev
22-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Junior Daily Defence out of stock at Pharmacy Direct; any thoughts other than the obvious?

I think they've really got some momentum going now Pat.A quick google of products in demand during this covid era shows probiotics in all forms enjoying a surge of popularity and speculation that it may go on for years.They did say they would keep the market informed of any problems so we can but trust that all is going well.Keep an eye on it thu as its quite relevant as to how quickly they are getting stock to market.cheers

emearg
22-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Keep an eye on it thu as its quite relevant as to how quickly they are getting stock to market.cheers

Without knowing if/when PD placed an order you can't draw any conclusions.

emearg
22-06-2020, 08:52 PM
I note Blis have sold out of https://blis.co.nz/products/honeyblis-with-blis-k12-probiotics

Perhaps they can't get the honey? Perhaps this is the raw product supply they were referring to? Who knows right?

justakiwi
22-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Bit expensive for 8 lozenges. Will stick to UltraBlis I think.

I note Blis have sold out of https://blis.co.nz/products/honeyblis-with-blis-k12-probiotics

Perhaps they can't get the honey? Perhaps this is the raw product supply they were referring to? Who knows right?

patrick
22-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Or the ginger?

nevchev
22-06-2020, 10:50 PM
About a week left of Q1 to go.Im expecting between 3 to 3.5 ml revenue.More would be a real shot in the arm,less will be a bit of a disappointment.

nevchev
23-06-2020, 08:58 AM
About a week left of Q1 to go.Im expecting between 3 to 3.5 ml revenue.More would be a real shot in the arm,less will be a bit of a disappointment.
I think it worth remembering also that although we can monitor(to an extent) how sales of finished products are tracking,the bulk of blis revenue is coming from ingredient supplies to other finished product manufacturers.With the surge in probiotic sales worldwide im expecting a substantial uptick in this area and suspect these sales were the reason for the increased guidance end of year 2020

nevchev
24-06-2020, 11:39 AM
I think it worth remembering also that although we can monitor(to an extent) how sales of finished products are tracking,the bulk of blis revenue is coming from ingredient supplies to other finished product manufacturers.With the surge in probiotic sales worldwide im expecting a substantial uptick in this area and suspect these sales were the reason for the increased guidance end of year 2020
To add to that,a search on Amazon as to other companies using k12 and m18 is quite staggering.If there all seeing an up in sales,well,ergo blis certainly will be

nevchev
24-06-2020, 05:21 PM
I feel like im talking to myself...but anyway.I recommended blis to friends of mine in the states and they really like it.Seems the whole family have been partaking.Anyway...early morning conversation he mentioned he hadnt been able to get any blis products via Amazon.I flicked an enquiry to them and had a response within 4 hours
Show more
24 Jun at 8:41 am
Hi Nev,
Thanks for the recommendation.
A month ago we had very little stock left on Amazon due to the very delayed shipping from NZ during pandemic and lockdown here, but now we have 4 of the products fully stocked and selling normally.
We are currently not stocking the powder for children or TravelProtect as we are making some alterations – but the other products are fully available:
https://www.amazon.com/stores/BLIS+Probiotics/page/6A1FF910-E597-4C26-9104-39AD68587890?ref_=ast_bln

Kind regards
Team BLIS

forest
24-06-2020, 08:25 PM
I am reading your post Nevchev and appreciating your effort of sharing your knowledge of BLT.
AGM is on 24 July and should be interesting now the company has a well defined business plan.
If you or others are planning to go to the AGM on the 24 of July and like to meet up send me a message or post here.
Mrs forest and I will attend this year meeting as we see the transformation in this company creating a lot of potential and are keen to fully understand it.

patrick
25-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Nev,
What do you make of the “selling normally” statement? No increase in Sales or just a statement which respects not giving share price relevant info?