PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

nevchev
25-06-2020, 09:34 AM
I am reading your post Nevchev and appreciating your effort of sharing your knowledge of BLT.
AGM is on 24 July and should be interesting now the company has a well defined business plan.
If you or others are planning to go to the AGM on the 24 of July and like to meet up send me a message or post here.
Mrs forest and I will attend this year meeting as we see the transformation in this company creating a lot of potential and are keen to fully understand it.

Im on the Barrier forest so with the expense of going down to Dunedin from here been substantial i would be better of buying another 10,000 blt shares.Have a good trip thu and im hoping you will give us a report on how it goes.

nevchev
25-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Nev,
What do you make of the “selling normally” statement? No increase in Sales or just a statement which respects not giving share price relevant info?
I think they mean they are selling as they were pre covid.I think the delayed shipping during lockdown is more relevant and i may have to reevaluate my revenue numbers for Q1,particularly if its affected ingredient sales.They havnt given alot of information on ingredient sales but as ive said,its worth looking at some of the companies using them eg Bionaze,Probiotic Advantage,Replenish and Natures Trove just to name a few.

patrick
25-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Nev,
Any idea of the period during which stock was not available? The answer would be very informative as Amazons difficulty with supply will, presumably, be shared by others. Have BLT had a drop in ingredient sales volumes due to delivery problem. As u have posted most of profit is not from finished product sales.

MarineSalvage
26-06-2020, 07:50 AM
I've been in BLT for years and its been nice to see the little run - I'm not expecting big things for a while though, of course I do remain hopeful

I'd warn against searching for B12 on Amazon - most of those listed are just Vitamin B12

nevchev
26-06-2020, 09:30 AM
Nev,
Any idea of the period during which stock was not available? The answer would be very informative as Amazons difficulty with supply will, presumably, be shared by others. Have BLT had a drop in ingredient sales volumes due to delivery problem. As u have posted most of profit is not from finished product sales.
We know sales were going well with two revenue upgrades in March so we can assume some delays April and possibly May
Research suggests only temporary and all products containing Blis Probiotics selling well on Amazon(if you check out products with a 4 star or better rating,blis ingredients in many of them).I can remember researching ATM in the early days and having to look more at trends and general attitudes toward the sector rather than looking at the companies specifically. Probiotics enjoying a big gain in interest since covid 19 on top of BLT already making good headway both locally and internationally. Patience is key here Pat and can really test ones metal.Im at a average buy price of 7.9 and have way to many but love backing a kiwi story.Good luck

nevchev
26-06-2020, 09:38 AM
https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2020/04/13/Probiotics-players-express-solid-supply-expectations-amid-surging-sales?utm_source=copyright&utm_medium=OnSite&utm_campaign=copyright

nevchev
26-06-2020, 09:47 AM
https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2020/04/13/Probiotics-players-express-solid-supply-expectations-amid-surging-sales?utm_source=copyright&utm_medium=OnSite&utm_campaign=copyrighthttps://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2020/05/26/Two-studies-find-oral-probiotic-effective-in-blocking-plaque?utm_source=copyright&utm_medium=OnSite&utm_campaign=copyright

emearg
26-06-2020, 01:33 PM
I've been in BLT for years and its been nice to see the little run - I'm not expecting big things for a while though, of course I do remain hopeful

I'd warn against searching for B12 on Amazon - most of those listed are just Vitamin B12

Pretty sure that was a typo...he was searching for K12 surely?

nevchev
26-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Pretty sure that was a typo...he was searching for K12 surely?

Cheers emearg,sure was.I think im about done on research for health products.Getting my vitamins mixed up with my probiotics.Im a happy holder for now and look forward to developments as they happen.GLTA

nevchev
27-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Nev,

I remembered reading something in the fy report on this so i had a quick look and found this......page 61
22. EVENTS AFTER BALANCE DATE
The outbreak of COVID-19 and the subsequent quarantine
measures imposed by the New Zealand and other governments
as well as the travel and trade restrictions imposed by New
Zealand and other countries in early 2020 have caused
disruption to businesses and economic activity.
The Group’s manufacturing and elements of its scientific
services are considered an essential service and the Group
was able to continue its manufacturing activities and supply
products to New Zealand and international customers
throughout the Level 4 and Level 3 lockdown periods. The
lockdown period began on 26 March 2020 and ran through until
13 May 2020. While research and development activities were
initially paused for the Level 4 lockdown, these were able to
resume from Level 3.
In light of the continuation of the Group’s manufacturing
activities after the reporting date, the Group has been able to
continue to operate largely business as usual and fulfill orders in
line with budget in April and May 2020.

patrick
27-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Nev,
You are not “ talking to yourself”. With an Interest over 16 years and plenty of skin I don’t remember reading the report you quote so a big thanks.

nevchev
28-06-2020, 10:58 AM
Global Probiotic Supplements Market Analysis Amid COVID-19 - Market for Dietary Supplements Expected to Witness a Surge in Demand in the Third and Fourth Quarter of 2020
Research and Markets Logo
NEWS PROVIDED BY

Research and Markets
Jun 05, 2020, 09:00 ET

DUBLIN, June 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Probiotic Supplements Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.

In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Probiotic Supplements Market Report

In the post-COVID market landscape, the probiotic supplements market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the period 2019-2025.

The global probiotic supplement market is expected to witness consistent growth. The growth in probiotic foods, yogurts, and dairy products has led to the growth of the probiotics industry, which is getting reflected in the dietary supplement segment. The flexibility in storage options, strains with multiple benefits, consumer awareness, and the rise in health benefits of probiotics are expected to fuel the demand for probiotic supplements during the forecast period. APAC is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.

While the outbreak of the COVID-19 has led to the downfall of major business operations, with major distribution outlets being completely shut down in Italy, Taiwan, Germany, the US, India, and Canada, the demand for vitamin and dietary supplements declined significantly. However, the market for dietary supplements, especially immunity oriented probiotic supplements, is expected to witness a surge in demand in the third and fourth quarter of 2020. Therefore, the market is expected to sail through during the forecast period, with the market reviving in the later stage.

nevchev
28-06-2020, 01:07 PM
Nev,
You are not “ talking to yourself”. With an Interest over 16 years and plenty of skin I hanks.

Also of worth noting Pat is sales of products containing blis k12 and M 18 on the Walmart.com website.Sites of this guild give further insight into ingredient sales and confirm the trend of growth in this segment.If i was attending this years AGM i would certainly be asking questions about margins eg finished goods compared to ingredients.
FY Finished product 2019=$3.1ml
FY Finished product 2020=$3.1ml

FY Ingredient Sales 2019=$5ml
FY Ingredient Sales 2020=$7.3ml
Seems to be more value in ingredient sales but seems to be more focus on finished products.
I can but hope someone will query this!!!!

emearg
28-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Email Brian your questions and ask him to cover them at the AGM if allowed.

Remember the finished product sales in 2019 were boosted significantly by loading Aussi up with finished goods to sell. As I recall from looking into it a year ago they have five times the number of chemists being supplied to compared to NZ. It was a big deal. It would be interesting to know if they have any estimate to expected sale value in Aussi this winter. The answer is probably price sensitive so it may need to be made in an announcement should they wish to answer.

tango
29-06-2020, 10:43 AM
This company has never achieved its potential. I held, then sold, then bought in again. So much promise!

nevchev
29-06-2020, 12:41 PM
This company has never achieved its potential. I held, then sold, then bought in again. So much promise!

I know that feeling of unrealized potential but i have been quite impressed with the current management and feel BLT have made some good progress in the last few years.If they cant gain traction in a world wanting immune boosting products there is something seriously wrong.I have faith and hope this time round.Previously it was just hope.

patrick
30-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Chemistwarehouse, Australia’s biggest Chemist has all Blis products at half price on line, and on phone, ( ten calls) some branches know nothing about Blis, some only have “ junior” and two, a selection. Their online web site listed 118 sales of Throat Guard yesterday for last 24 hours. not huge. A bit discouraging.
Might they be still selling all that stock which was supplied for the launch last year?

Thoughts?

tango
30-06-2020, 05:35 PM
I know that feeling of unrealized potential but i have been quite impressed with the current management and feel BLT have made some good progress in the last few years.If they cant gain traction in a world wanting immune boosting products there is something seriously wrong.I have faith and hope this time round.Previously it was just hope.

At least they have a professional website now :D
It used to look like an accountant designed it ;)

forest
30-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Chemistwarehouse, Australia’s biggest Chemist has all Blis products at half price on line, and on phone, ( ten calls) some branches know nothing about Blis, some only have “ junior” and two, a selection. Their online web site listed 118 sales of Throat Guard yesterday for last 24 hours. not huge. A bit discouraging.
Might they be still selling all that stock which was supplied for the launch last year?

Thoughts?

Below from the 2020 annual report.

A substantial volume of product was supplied in the fourth
quarter of FY19 to support the Australian Pharmacy channel
launch in quarter one FY20. Sales to iNova in FY20 were in
line with expectation at approximately half of that recorded
in FY19 as a result of the early pipeline fill. iNova’s pharmacy
ranging capability, education of pharmacy staff and building of
consumer brand awareness has provided an excellent platform
for ongoing success in this important growth market.

So although product was supplied in late 2019 FY, promotion of BLT product only started in the 2020 FY.
We also know that product has been reordered at about halve the original order in FY20.
This reordering is interesting and should increase in time to come.

nevchev
30-06-2020, 07:53 PM

Thoughts?

Jeeze Pat,relax man!!Alls good in the hood.Have alook at probiotics on googleA world screaming out for them..The clean,green country selling whats good for you..........hang in there.

patrick
30-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Nev,
What’s better than looking at Sales? Now much reduced holding, as disclosed, but still looking and would have expected better sales in AU.

nevchev
01-07-2020, 05:49 AM
Nev,
What’s better than looking at Sales? Now much reduced holding, as disclosed, but still looking and would have expected better sales in AU.
There was a real lack of information on how things were going in oz in the full year report
I suspect sales may not be going to plan but surely 118 packets of throat guard (only one of their list of products)in 24 hours is not that bad.As we've discussed Pat,ingredient sales are where the $ are at the moment

nevchev
01-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Nev,
Hoefully we will get some guidance in a few weeks time.Well done on your sale Pat.Profit is profit and if BLT doesnt suit you,at least you didnt cop a loss.cheers

nevchev
03-07-2020, 06:16 AM
I emailed them about product availability on Amazon(they must be getting sick of me by now)as friends in the states where having trouble ordering.The response was interesting...particularly the last couple of lines
Hi Nev,

If YOU try to do it from NZ (or any country outside the USA) it will not let you buy them b/c we don’t ship to NZ (or other countries) from Amazon US. Only the US.

But we have just checked again and key products are in stock and showing so: the screenshot below was just taken from Amazon in the US.

TravelProtect and the kids powder are out of stock.

ThroatHealth, Teeth&Gums, HoneyBLIS and FreshBreath kit are all in stock. And selling as I can see sales updated every 15 minutes.

Sorry – not sure what’s happened there but believe me we are selling.

Leftfield
03-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the update nevchev..... very encouraging. Good work!

clip
03-07-2020, 09:17 AM
ThroatHealth, Teeth&Gums, HoneyBLIS and FreshBreath kit are all in stock. And selling as I can see sales updated every 15 minutes.

I think it should be noted that this does not necessarily mean that there ARE sales every 15 minutes, but more that the technology refreshes every 15 minutes and it can be seen to be increasing. Not trying to downramp at all, but just provide clarification of how that system would work. Discl, held earlier this year, sold out at 0.084, plan to get back in at some point

patrick
04-07-2020, 10:00 PM
I emailed them about product availability on Amazon(they must be getting sick of me by now)as friends in the states where having trouble ordering.The response was interesting...particularly the last couple of lines
Hi Nev,

If YOU try to do it from NZ (or any country outside the USA) it will not let you buy them b/c we don’t ship to NZ (or other countries) from Amazon US. Only the US.

But we have just checked again and key products are in stock and showing so: the screenshot below was just taken from Amazon in the US.

TravelProtect and the kids powder are out of stock.

Sorry – not sure what’s happened there but believe me we are selling.

Nev,
Keep up the research. With your luck just ask them about sales volume,?
B4 the toe goes into the tide.
Thanks

nevchev
05-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Nev,
Keep up the research. With your luck just ask them about sales volume,?
B4 the toe goes into the tide.
Thanks

It was a genuine inquiry but they seem quite excited in their response. How do you get to see sales on chemistwarehouse Pat?I would like to keep an eye on that but cant see sale figures anywhere. Cheers

patrick
05-07-2020, 10:24 AM
It was a genuine inquiry but they seem quite excited in their response. How do you get to see sales on chemistwarehouse Pat?I would like to keep an eye on that but cant see sale figures anywhere. Cheers

Managed it once, not sure how (which I know sounds strange)

patrick
05-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Managed it once, not sure how (which I know sounds strange)

It was about 5pm on the 30th June, when in the “most popular” site. There was a sales figure of 46 for another Blis product I can’t remember details; all products shown but only the two numbers.
Have not managed to find figures since.

nevchev
05-07-2020, 03:10 PM
It was about 5pm on the 30th June, when in the “most popular” site. There was a sales figure of 46 for another Blis product I can’t remember details; all products shown but only the two numbers.
Have not managed to find figures since.

Had a go at getting information but came up blank.Would be useful to have that kind of data.

artemis
05-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Chemist Warehouse website does have a top sellers list of 120 items.

I bought Honeyblis there last week, $2 cheaper than the Blis site. I asked the pharmacist if they would be stocking UltraBlis, she said she would find out.

CW is huge. No surprise if the stores take customers away from trad pharmacies.

patrick
05-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Chemist Warehouse website does have a top sellers list of 120 items.

I bought Honeyblis there last week, $2 cheaper than the Blis site. I asked the pharmacist if they would be stocking UltraBlis, she said she would find out.

CW is huge. No surprise if the stores take customers away from trad pharmacies.

Yes I saw the top sellers list but that is not where I saw the sales figure, sorry I can’t do better.

nevchev
08-07-2020, 06:39 PM
I find it interesting that there appeared to be more interest in the full year report than there is in the AGM!!They provided 2 revenue updates in the weeks leading up to FY so im not sure what people were hoping for.We had no forward guidance but they stated they would provide up to date information at the FY.With such a big jump in demand during March,i think it quite astute to not give guidance and i am waiting in anticipation for Friday 24th.Some here say demand is driven by the covid outbreak and will likely drop off once its sorted.Well,it aint sorted and from what ive seen,wont be anytime soon.

patrick
08-07-2020, 09:59 PM
I find it interesting that there appeared to be more interest in the full year report than there is in the AGM!!They provided 2 revenue updates in the weeks leading up to FY so im not sure what people were hoping for.We had no forward guidance but they stated they would provide up to date information at the FY.With such a big jump in demand during March,i think it quite astute to not give guidance and i am waiting in anticipation for Friday 24th.Some here say demand is driven by the covid outbreak and will likely drop off once its sorted.Well,it aint sorted and from what ive seen,wont be anytime soon.

Yes, interest seems to have eroded on ST although continued support at 8c. An item on Nat R today saying still big problems with airfreight for exports. Not many leads but not long to go; hope it’s UP and that there is more information than in earlier reports about prospects forward... who knows from much reduced, but hopeful holder.

pierre
08-07-2020, 10:02 PM

Well, I've decided to head south to the ASM on the 24th. I'm keen to find out first hand what the first quarter of FY21 has produced, get some clarity about how things are going in Oz and their plans for ongoing growth. Im especially interested in the plans for China.
PM me if youve got any questions you want me to ask.

nevchev
08-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Well, I've decided to head south to the ASM on the 24th. I'm keen to find out first hand what the first quarter of FY21 has produced, get some clarity about how things are going in Oz and their plans for ongoing growth. Im especially interested in the plans for China.
China is a biggy for me to pierre.In saying that,im glad we are not reliant on it to become profitable as many small kiwi exporters are.Im also interested in how ingredient sales are progressing as a bit of research on Amazon shows there a number of well regarded products who have Blis products listed in their ingredients.I am a bit envious of you as it would be great to meet the team and try and get a feel for how they think the company is tracking.

patrick
12-07-2020, 07:21 PM

Good luck and safe travel. Brian has been cautious (ok) but perhaps Shareholders are entitled to more “ feel“ from the CEO re future, and details of sales in the last few weeks.
Enjoy the South.

nevchev
13-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Good luck and safe travel. Brian has been cautious (ok) but perhaps Shareholders are entitled to more “ feel“ from the CEO re future, and details of sales in the last few weeks.
Enjoy the South.
Hopefully they have 1st quater results.It would be strange if they didnt.Some info on new markets would be good as they've been talking about China and Canada for some time with little info on progress

nevchev
14-07-2020, 10:54 AM
Yes, interest seems to have eroded on ST although continued support at 8c. An item on Nat R today saying still big problems with airfreight for exports. Not many leads but not long to go; hope it’s UP and that there is more information than in earlier reports about prospects forward... who knows from much reduced, but hopeful holder.

This from an interview with Brian on 16th March
“We have significantly increased our production to meet anticipated forward orders,” he said.

Products including its BLIS TravelProtect probiotic, UltraBLIS, DailyDefence and ThroatGuard Pro had seen an especially big lift in sales in February and March, sold through pharmacies and online.

No mention of problems getting product to market so should be an interesting ASM

justakiwi
14-07-2020, 04:43 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/356226/326370.pdf

Comments/opinions?

nevchev
14-07-2020, 05:30 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/356226/326370.pdf

Comments/opinions?

Looked at it today and thought fair enough but would like to see how we are tracking before i make my mind up.

forest
14-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Comments/opinions?

I do not see a problem with a bit of directors fee increase. Remember that selling more products in a growing international market will create more than likely extra work for the directors.

keenkiwiflyer
14-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Happy for the increase if they provide good guidance at the AGM. One figures they will.

patrick
14-07-2020, 07:37 PM
Happy for the increase if they provide good guidance at the AGM. One figures they will.

Agree, probably deserve more, but the process is like the the local Council getting an “ independent report” from their chosen outfit to report on Salary scales. We know what happens.
But for me the outlook now looks better than when the sp was 8.9c so next few days will be interesting. Would be great to know if the Seller who made the disclosure a few weeks ago is still in the market. Someone will know.

nevchev
14-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Agree, probably deserve more, but the process is like the the local Council getting an “ independent report” from their chosen outfit to report on Salary scales. We know what happens.
But for me the outlook now looks better than when the sp was 8.9c so next few days will be interesting. Would be great to know if the Seller who made the disclosure a few weeks ago is still in the market. Someone will know.

What disclosure pat.i dont remember seeing one

justakiwi
14-07-2020, 08:16 PM
So does anyone anticipate they might start paying a dividend any time soon?

forest
14-07-2020, 08:55 PM
So does anyone anticipate they might start paying a dividend any time soon?

As I understand it dividend is not planned for some time.
Any spare funds are likely to be used for research so more evidence of health benefits can be gathered of existing products. And also research for new probiotics.
Marketing and growing the company will also take priority over dividend I would inmagine.
BLT business model is a bit like ATM's model. But BLT is about a decade behind in the growth curve and even ATM does not pay dividend.

patrick
14-07-2020, 09:46 PM
What disclosure pat.i dont remember seeing one

There was substantial shareholder notice about 6 weeks ago, a woman with a surname like li had sold millions of shares, and perhaps reduced holding to less than 5%. Someone will have better memory. Notice not shown now on Blis web site.

patrick
14-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Could have been surname Yi who was holding 6%+ of shares on 32/3/18.

emearg
14-07-2020, 10:13 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements

nevchev
15-07-2020, 03:11 AM
Dental probiotics: Has a better way to fight bad breath finally been found?
This dental hygienist tried probiotics for herself. She was surprised and very happy with the results, and she wants her peers to be able to share the good news with their patients, especially those who suffer from bad breath.

Amber Metro-Sanchez, BA, RDH

Content Dam Rdh En Articles Print Volume 38 Issue 10 Content Dam Dental Probiotics Has A Better Way To Fight Bad Breath Finally Been Found
One of the most common concerns for patients in the dental chair is the battle with bad breath. It is also one of the most uncomfortable topics for patients to bring up during a dental appointment. Overall, about 25% of people suffer from malodor, and it has many social implications that affect a person’s overall confidence and well-being.1,2

Patients look to their dental professionals for answers to this problem, but are we providing the best solutions? Is there a better way to solve the problem of bad breath?

There are many causes for bad breath, including lack of oral hygiene, dry mouth, and ear-nose-throat issues. Eighty-five percent of the time breath malodor arises from insufficient oral hygiene, such as periodontitis, coating of the tongue, and lack of plaque control. These conditions in the mouth favor the formation and microbial degradation of offensive smelling volatile sulfur compounds (VSC).

Methyl mercaptan, hydrogen sulfide, and dimethyl sulfide are three of the most well-known VSCs, which form from gram-negative anaerobic bacteria. Hydrogen sulfide smells like rotten eggs, and methyl mercaptan smells like rotten cabbage.3 Even more strange, the smell of dimethyl sulfide is comparable to rotten seaweed.

The advantage of using oral probiotics
Over-the-counter dental products used for fighting bad breath focus on masking the odor or attempting to kill bacterial culprits in the oral cavity. Some of these products specifically target VSCs. The problem with this is that bacteria repopulate quickly, so the relief from bad breath is usually short-lived.4 Another aspect to consider is that when a bacterial population is reduced, something always replaces it, whether good or bad. This is where dental probiotics step in to combat bad breath in an entirely different way.

Dental probiotics focus on promoting the growth of good bacteria in the oral cavity and curtailing the growth of pathogenic bacteria. There are normally more than 700 different bacterial species found in the human mouth.5 With dental probiotics, daily exposure helps to colonize the oral cavity with bacteria that do not produce VSCs. Research has shown that 85% of people who took oral probiotics for one week experienced a significant reduction in volatile sulfur compounds.4 Even more impressive is the fact that the majority of study participants maintained a reduced level of VSCs for two weeks following exposure to oral probiotics. With this treatment modality, there is finally potential for a more long-term solution to bad breath.

How dental probiotics differ from conventional probiotics
When most people think of “probiotics,” I imagine yogurt comes to many of their minds. It is common knowledge that we need beneficial bacteria for gut digestion to properly occur. One of the most well-known species is Lactobacillus, which is commonly found in yogurt and other fermented foods.6Bifidobacterium is another beneficial species that can be found in the gut days after birth. Saccharomyces boulardii is the only probiotic that is a yeast.

Dental probiotics are completely different from the probiotics needed for digestion. Specifically, the Streptococcus salivarius strains K12 and M18 have been found to be especially beneficial when it comes to the health of the oral cavity.3 In the study mentioned earlier, K12 is the strain that is effective in combating bad breath.4

Gut probiotics typically come in capsule form so they can reach the stomach and quickly begin to do their job. Oral probiotics, on the other hand, are typically in the form of a lozenge that is chewed or sucked on after normal oral care. Using a lozenge provides longer exposure time than other methods so that more bacteria are able to colonize the oral cavity.

Other benefits of dental probiotics
One of the most amazing things about oral probiotics is that they have multiple applications beyond simply treating oral malodor. Conditions such as dental caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and oral candidiasis are all inhibited by exposure to the K12 and M18 strains of S. salivarius.4 These additional benefits hold much promise in dentistry, as many patients have difficulty with home care and these probiotics are easy to use.

In the battle against dental caries, the M18 strain has a molecular mechanism that reduces plaque formation and increases oral pH. Specifically, this bacteria releases salivaricin M, a substance that limits the growth of the caries-causing bacterial species, such as Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus.7

In patients with gingivitis, M18 lozenges have been found to significantly reduce supragingival plaque, gingival inflammation, sulcular bleeding, and pocket depth.8 Both strains K12 and M18 have been found to be effective in reducing levels of P. gingivalis, A. actinomycetemcomitans, and F. nucleatum-induced IL-6 and IL-8, which are typically indicators of periodontal disease.4

The multiple applications of dental probiotics could provide substantial benefits to patients who have ongoing issues with oral hygiene due to their ability level. Imagine in the future that a nursing home patient could receive a dental probiotic, along with his or her normal medications, as part of a regimen to positively affect the person’s oral health. It’s amazing to think how a little lozenge provided on a regular basis could help so many people so easily.

My personal experience with dental probiotics
While writing this article, I decided to try dental probiotics on myself as an experiment on their efficacy. I’ve always had problems with morning breath, and the possibility of waking up without that yucky taste in my mouth sounded appealing. I also have many issues with my sinuses and allergies, and these lead to my breath not being as fresh as I would like.

I bought a product called Pro-Dental by Hyperbiotics that I found on Amazon. The product had some great reviews, so I thought it was worth a try. Pro-Dental contains the S. salivarius strains K12 and M18 that were shown to be highly effective in the research. The probiotics come in a lozenge that can be either chewed or left to dissolve in the mouth. The recommended dosage is one to two tablets a day to be taken after brushing or using a mouth rinse. One lozenge contains three billion colony-forming units.9

When I began using the product, I was very skeptical, and I wondered how much it would really help me. But as the days went by, I was amazed by the results. When I woke up in the morning, I no longer noticed the stale breath that I was so accustomed to. My mouth felt fresh. The lozenges were also quite palatable, with a slightly sweet mint flavor.

An unexpected occurrence elevated my enthusiasm even more for dental probiotics. A week into my experiment, I was sitting on my couch with my six-year-old on my lap, and out of the blue she commented that my breath smelled. I asked her, “Good or bad?” knowing that I had not eaten or drank anything for several hours. With a smile, she said, “Good.” That’s just what I wanted to hear. I needed no further proof to show me how well dental probiotics work for breath issues, and I couldn’t wait to share my story with others.

Bad breath has been an ongoing concern for many dental patients and often holds them back from living their lives to the fullest. For too long patients have tried to treat this frustrating problem with only limited and short-term success. Now the science has shown that by adjusting the focus from destroying bad bacteria to promoting the growth of the good species, we have a new way to combat offending odors. Additionally, these bacteria have been shown to provide numerous benefits to further improve patients’ oral health. We finally have a promising and effective solution for bad breath that we can be excited to share with our patients.

forest
15-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Great story Nev, thanks for sharing.

Chippie
15-07-2020, 08:12 AM
I just stumbled across the following, which states that BLT is trading at 79% below their estimate of fair value

https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/pharmaceuticals-biotech/nzx-blt/blis-technologies-shares

winner69
15-07-2020, 08:21 AM
I just stumbled across the following, which states that BLT is trading at 79% below their estimate of fair value

https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/pharmaceuticals-biotech/nzx-blt/blis-technologies-shares

Wow ..79% below fair value

Hope many punters see that

I’ll put it up on sharesies fb page

BLT share price needs all the help it can get ....company performance not doing it

nevchev
15-07-2020, 08:27 AM

https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/pharmaceuticals-biotech/nzx-blt/blis-technologies-sharesBelow Fair Value: BLT (NZ$0.08) is trading below our estimate of fair value (NZ$0.39)

Significantly Below Fair Value: BLT is trading below fair value by more than 20%

Sideshow Bob
15-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Wow ..79% below fair value

Hope many punters see that

I’ll put it up on sharesies fb page

BLT share price needs all the help it can get ....company performance not doing it

Hahahahaha! :lol: Good form this morning W69!!

Because Simply Wall St is so accurate and not generated by a computer programme...….

Sideshow Bob
15-07-2020, 08:34 AM
But on the subject of Blis (and a serious note), just ordered this morning my next delivery of tooth guard.

Found it helps my gum problem, which the last hygienist said "just floss and use mouth wash and will be fine in 3 weeks". 3 months later...….no good.

New hygienist said "keep doing what you're doing because its working".

nevchev
15-07-2020, 02:43 PM

Someone still selling.large parcel everyday at around 2pm.The sooner there gone the better.It wants to run but been held down for the moment.All good but will have to wait for ASM for any definitive movement in sp.GLTA
Better close than i expected.Good to see some confidence back

patrick
15-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Nev
Might not have to wait?

nevchev
16-07-2020, 09:15 AM
Nev
Might not have to wait?

Fingers x pat.Would be good to get a bit of a lift before the meeting.Only 6 trading days left.

MarineSalvage
16-07-2020, 09:56 AM
maybe get Brian to be interviewed on the Sharesies webinar??

Leftfield
16-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Fingers x pat.Would be good to get a bit of a lift before the meeting.Only 6 trading days left.

TA looking encouraging.......

justakiwi
16-07-2020, 10:26 AM
I don’t understand why Blis has gone down the road of supplying ingredients to companies that are competitors in the retail market. Yes, I get that they seem to be making good money from ingredients sales, but surely that is negatively effecting sales of their own product? Will the day come where they simply give up on Blis products/retailing and concentrate solely on providing ingredients?

nevchev
16-07-2020, 10:42 AM
I don’t understand why Blis has gone down the road of supplying ingredients to companies that are competitors in the retail market. Yes, I get that they seem to be making good money from ingredients sales, but surely that is negatively effecting sales of their own product? Will the day come where they simply give up on Blis products/retailing and concentrate solely on providing ingredients?

Good question jk!The way i see it is its a good way of getting the Blis brand out to consumers as by the laws of the patent they have to state Blis by name and eventually those consumers will gravitate toward products made by Blis itself.In the mean time they are making good coin from supplying ingredients.Hope that makes some sense.(free promotion of Blis on numerous products and they're making revenue from it)

nevchev
16-07-2020, 11:11 AM
I found this interesting in light of new products been developed by Blis
Probiotic cosmetics skin cream
With mounting evidence demonstrating the gut’s impact on inflammation, immunity and even mental health, its microbiome has received increased levels of interest over the past few years. But what about the microbiome of our largest organ – the skin?

What are probiotic cosmetics?
“Probiotic cosmetics” are topical applications most frequently associated with skin hydration, anti ageing, acne, spots and redness (rosacea). Lumina Intelligence has identified three key health areas for probiotic skin care across 25 countries. These are:

Acne (23 products)
Eczema (34 products)
General skin health (343 products)

Why are they important?
Probiotic cosmetics could provide relief for skin conditions affecting a hefty chunk of the human population worldwide.

Occurrence rates of skin ailments like eczema (atopic dermatitis) and certain allergies are increasing in both the developed and developing worlds due to multiple factors from genetics to changing diets, hygiene habits and environmental factors. For example, 20% of infants and children contract eczema in many countries and it is estimated by groups like the British Skin Foundation that 3 out of 5 people will suffer from a skin disease at some point in their life.

Interest in, and understanding of, the skin microbiome is rising fast and leading to concepts such as the skin gut axis, where research is finding links between nutritional inputs such as probiotics and prebiotics and the gut and skin microbiomes. Research activity has reached the point where there are now congresses about this niche topic.

These factors underpin a rapidly evolving niche that is moving into the mainstream.

Skin Microbiome: Market size and growth
Lumina Intelligence’s data collected in January 2020 from 25 countries found 352 products from 186 global brand owners targeted at the skin microbiome – comprising 254 topical and 107 ingestible products.

In terms of specific health benefits:

23 of these products pertained to acne
34 of these products pertained to eczema
343 of these products pertained to skin health generally

The probiotic cosmetics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 12% during 2020 – 2030 (Fact.MR). This is unsurprising, given the niche nature of this market and the increasing level of interest from consumers and businesses alike, which we will explore more thoroughly in the next chapter.

Sideshow Bob
16-07-2020, 12:22 PM

Disagree completely.

There is little doubt that Blis has a checked history and been going a long time to get where they are today - turning over <$11m. After almost 19 years, I regard this as pretty poor.

From the outside, one of their large failings is sales, marketing and branding - and to date (it appears to me) they have failed to execute. Could say after many years finally starting to get some limited brand awareness, in NZ at least and some sales growth, even in ingredients - to allow for some funding to reinvest in marketing/brand.

Selling the ingredient would have to be profitable, and allow them to grow awareness of their probiotic strains. They have patents (presumably) and are the only place in town to get them. They should be able to control who they sell to and what channels products go into - for example are their any other K12 or M18 products sold in NZ not Blis branded?

This could be focusing on channels that are low-priority or more difficult for Blis themselves to access, or with product formats that Blis can't replicate, or to markets that have regulatory requirements Blis themselves can't meet with finished/branded products.

Would expect (hope) that they have been strategic and their ingredient customers are larger companies who have leverage, existing channels, size, resources, staffing, product breadth and scale to be able to build business/markets for Blis ingredients, and raise some consumer awareness.

IMO better to have a smaller slice of a big pie (where you supply the filling for the rest of the pie) than a big slice of a small pie that is very slow growing.

Talk of pies....must be lunchtime. :)

artemis
16-07-2020, 01:34 PM
The microbiome is getting a whole lot of attention these days.

Currently reading The Human Superorganism by Rodney Dietert. He appears to be a recognised expert ('appears' because I don't have knowledge to be sure).

Anyway he says that up to 90% of the human body is foreign microbes, up to 1000 species, ie not the human genome. And that humans attempting to remove these looks like a (or the) key cause of a wide range of ailments including allergies, asthma, autism and a lot more.

So I am a Blis fan! And watching with interest for the release of a skin probiotic to add to UltraBlis and ToothGuard. Did I mention I'm a fan? But not a hypochondriac.

nevchev
16-07-2020, 01:51 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7227397/&ved=2ahUKEwjdlIjjudDqAhVezjgGHS3YB3EQFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2GhmcAJ4mKIXlpH0mXRLA7

patrick
16-07-2020, 02:02 PM
My understanding is that some of the Blis patents are due to expire shortly. Tried to research but unable to find the information. Could someone with the knowledge please let us know. Obviously Important.

Sideshow Bob
16-07-2020, 02:15 PM
My understanding is that some of the Blis patents are due to expire shortly. Tried to research but unable to find the information. Could someone with the knowledge please let us know. Obviously Important.

I've asked this question on this forum twice, but got no answer. Not a holder so didn't bother asking the company.

patrick
16-07-2020, 02:24 PM
Found Google entry August 2016 “ Blis product 12 and 18 patents expire between 2020 and 2023”

Sideshow Bob
16-07-2020, 02:26 PM
Found Google entry August 2016 “ Blis product 12 and 18 patents expire between 2020 and 2023”

Not that far away......

keenkiwiflyer
16-07-2020, 02:55 PM
A good question to ask at the AGM..

Chippie
16-07-2020, 05:40 PM
I just purchased a "fresh breath kit" and realised 2 things.

1. The fresh breath kit has been amazing for treating the chronic bad breath I use to suffer from for years. It is funny as I forgot how much of an massive issue it use to be for me, but not any more. In fact I have purchased this kit for a friend of mine as I am confident it will help them.

2. The web page is really good and easy to use. It is a huge improvement from the previous one.

Brain
16-07-2020, 05:57 PM
I just purchased a "fresh breath kit" and realised 2 things.

1. The fresh breath kit has been amazing for treating the chronic bad breath I use to suffer from for years. It is funny as I forgot how much of an massive issue it use to be for me, but not any more. In fact I have purchased this kit for a friend of mine as I am confident it will help them.

2. The web page is really good and easy to use. It is a huge improvement from the previous one.

Bliss products are great. I am a great believer but the expiry of the patents is of great concern to me as an investor.

Not The Chosen One
16-07-2020, 06:18 PM
I don't know a lot about patents but it looks like it can be renewed - https://www.iponz.govt.nz/about-ip/patents/renewal/
Seems to be known as a maintenance or renewal fee up to a maximum of 20 years
Someone else with knowledge might be able to shed some light - Is it a universal rule?

Brain
16-07-2020, 06:22 PM
I don't know a lot about patents but it looks like it can be renewed - https://www.iponz.govt.nz/about-ip/patents/renewal/
Seems to be known as a maintenance or renewal fee up to a maximum of 20 years
Someone else with knowledge might be able to shed some light - Is it a universal rule?

I believe it is the 20 year deadline that they are running into. After all Bliss has been around for a very long time.

nevchev
16-07-2020, 06:34 PM
I believe it is the 20 year deadline that they are running into. After all Bliss has been around for a very long time.

We have first mover advantage and a skilled team at the helm.I remember a lot been said about ATM and issues with patents and very little came of it.There is bit said about their effort around patents in many of their FY reports

emearg
16-07-2020, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't worry about the patents.

There isn't much money in the raw ingredients unlike many expensive drugs that get copied and sold as something else. We are talking parts of a cent per lozenge for the ingredients versus tens or hundreds of dollars for some drugs per pill.

The level of IP around the manufacturing shouldn't be underestimated. To produce the ingredients and or turn it into a finished consumer product isn't a simple business and the economics of trying to recreate what Blis have done won't pay off unless the copier could sell a lot of the product. Given how long Blis has taken to scale up to their current rather insignificant level lets not kid ourselves here. There are bigger fish to fry for now, and possibly for many many years to come.

If someone does duplicate K12 how are they going to market it and to whom? They can't use K12 or Blis K12 or anything else that has been trade marked. So they have to start from scratch. They have to build a market. Long term holders and watches know how slow that process is.

While it would be comforting to know the patents run another 50 years I don't think it is a real world problem.

emearg
16-07-2020, 07:38 PM
You may find if you search that there are multiple patents with different expiry dates. I know this is the case for Q24 because I looked a while back.

nevchev
18-07-2020, 09:05 AM
Key Players Mentioned in the Global Special Probiotic Strains Market Research Report: DuPont, Chr. Hansen, Lallemand, BioGaia, Probi, Cerbios – Pharma, Morinaga Milk Industry, Protexin, Blis Technologies, Cultech, Bifodan, Probiotical, Kerry Group, PrecisionBiotics, Unique Biotech, Biosearch Life, Synbiotech, Wecare-Bio

I found 3 available probiotic market research papers for purchase last night that include Blis Tech alongside some big players including Dupont.I think we are gaining recognition and are quite respected for our work regarding probiotic research.Well done team

Brain
18-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Key Players Mentioned in the Global Special Probiotic Strains Market Research Report: DuPont, Chr. Hansen, Lallemand, BioGaia, Probi, Cerbios – Pharma, Morinaga Milk Industry, Protexin, Blis Technologies, Cultech, Bifodan, Probiotical, Kerry Group, PrecisionBiotics, Unique Biotech, Biosearch Life, Synbiotech, Wecare-Bio

I found 3 available probiotic market research papers for purchase last night that include Blis Tech alongside some big players including Dupont.I think we are gaining recognition and are quite respected for our work regarding probiotic research.Well done team

That list of names makes me even more concerned about Patent protection.

nevchev
18-07-2020, 09:57 AM
That list of names makes me even more concerned about Patent protection.

Try searching here brain.im on my phone and it wont allow a search
WIPOhttp://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/
Im more concerned about been one of the big players snapping us up before we even get going

patrick
18-07-2020, 03:30 PM
Surely the Company’s who purchase ingredients from Blis could combine efforts to save some dollars as Patents expire?
It is a concern for me, but hope others are correct.

nevchev
19-07-2020, 11:14 AM
Kalkine Media ASX Share Market News & Research
Home Editorial
5 Disruptive Trends Amidst Re-opening of NZ Economy: Caution Ahead
Jul 02, 2020 NZST Team Kalkine
5 Disruptive Trends Amidst Re-opening of NZ Economy: Caution Ahead
Summary
The long-term continuation of the transformation during lockdown is expected with the change in psychological attitude and behaviour of customers
Driven by the supply chain challenges amid COVID-19, IoT and Automation lead fleet management and production has garnered greater attention.
New Zealand’s stand on ensuring safety against the pandemic indicates that the country is expected to witness prolongation of similar practices.
“Come hell or high water” - New Zealand appears to be ready to ride out the storm thrown by the health crisis. The country’s successful accomplishments built on its aggressive, yet strategic route undoubtedly recounts the triumphs and future promises for Kiwiland poised to rebuild the economy.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s ‘little dance’ which she mentioned as an immediate reaction on acknowledging New Zealand as ‘Coronavirus-free’ echoes the optimistic sentiments of the country amidst the pandemic.

Although new infection cases have emerged, possibly due to the return of the overseas New Zealanders as anticipated by the Government and authorities, the country is much better positioned to restart its economy, thanks to the disruptions geared against health threats, cushioning the impact of coronavirus and lockdown restrictions.

ALSO READ: Leaf Through Emerging Trade Trends Underlining Potential for NZ Businesses

Jacinda Ardern in her latest statement maintained a similar stance indicating that until it has “reassurances that New Zealanders will be safe”, the Government would not move ahead to resume trans-Tasman travel.

New Zealand has left the decision for bubble creation “up to Australia”, leaving the latter the option to decide whether or not to open travel with the whole country or individual states. Notably, Victoria recently witnessed a spike in the cases which seems to generate concerns on the second wave of infection in the Australian state.

However, New Zealand, with no plan for opening borders for other countries, would be conducting a virtual APEC summit, hinting the transition towards a new normal created by new-fangled realities and budding conditions.

On that backdrop, let us look at the trends that are emerging and raising bars for competition in the severe economic scenario.

Digital Shopping

Post the coronavirus outbreak, E-commerce, often known to tout and challenge traditional business models, has massively overcome the psychological inertia of many customers who earlier resisted breaking the chain of their old habits of not adopting the electronic medium of payment and shopping. The need for social distancing and the emerging digital payment methods have opened up greater avenues for online shopping.

Healthcare Evolution

Healthcare sector remained under the radar incorporating changes for confronting the pandemic for wading possible threats of crisis. Telehealth and virtual consultations have evolved primarily as people during the lockdown and even after it shied away from venturing outside.

The consumers driven by the health concerns were found to prefer health-related or immunity-boosting products. Meanwhile, the massive concern for the frontline health workers who remain primarily exposed to the infection has driven the vast revolution involving real-time monitoring and use of robotics.

The biotechnology company, Blis Technologies Limited (NZX: BLT) has continued to build the BLIS® Probiotics brand. It has increased its production capacity for meeting COVID-19 driven demand. The company indicated that consumer interest in solutions to maintain health and wellbeing is providing a robust opportunity for Blis Technologies.

nevchev
19-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Seems BLTs arrangement with Stratum was fore ingredients only which explains growth in sales of this segment of their business.Found this from 2015

“Stratum is primarily an ingredient business whereas BLIS has been steadily adding a range of finished product. We want to retain the expertise of Stratum in that North American ingredients market but become more directly involved in finished product markets in Europe and Asia. At this stage we have no intent to develop a North American presence in finished product. We have enough to do in Europe and Asia.”

Working with Stratum, BLIS has been experiencing growth in ingredient sales, particularly in North America. Dr Richardson said the company’s increasing ingredient sales over the past 12 months is primarily due to consumer product sales with BLIS K12 although BLIS M18 is also starting to get greater attention.

Stratum Nutrition president Jeremy Moore said Stratum has always been committed to empowering manufacturers and marketers to innovate with confidence by providing progressive, safe and reliable ingredients like BLIS K12 and BLIS M18.

“It is not within our strategic scope to be involved in finished products. We are pleased to continue offering these ground-breaking technologies to our customers throughout North America,” Moore said.

nevchev
19-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Seems we dont sell any finished product in the northern hemisphere except what is sold on amazon.Bluestone Pharma(Europe) have Blis k12 and m18 in their own products---Dentoblis,Bactoblis and Freshblis.We are alot more relient on ingredient sales than i relized.Its not a bad thing as far as i can see

emearg
19-07-2020, 06:09 PM
Seems BLTs arrangement with Stratum was fore ingredients only which explains growth in sales of this segment of their business.Found this from 2015

“Stratum is primarily an ingredient business whereas BLIS has been steadily adding a range of finished product. We want to retain the expertise of Stratum in that North American ingredients market but become more directly involved in finished product markets in Europe and Asia. At this stage we have no intent to develop a North American presence in finished product. We have enough to do in Europe and Asia.”

Working with Stratum, BLIS has been experiencing growth in ingredient sales, particularly in North America. Dr Richardson said the company’s increasing ingredient sales over the past 12 months is primarily due to consumer product sales with BLIS K12 although BLIS M18 is also starting to get greater attention.

Stratum Nutrition president Jeremy Moore said Stratum has always been committed to empowering manufacturers and marketers to innovate with confidence by providing progressive, safe and reliable ingredients like BLIS K12 and BLIS M18.

“It is not within our strategic scope to be involved in finished products. We are pleased to continue offering these ground-breaking technologies to our customers throughout North America,” Moore said.

Before Stratum they hooked up with Frutarom in 2008 as their ingredients distributor. There were many new products launched in 2008 and beyond. America got a M18 product several years before it was available in NZ

If you have questions you're welcome to ask here...some of us have long memories and pretty detailed knowledge of Blis and their journey.

Until recently Blis was stuck just selling their own product into NZ. It was/is a pretty small market. Over the past few years they have branched out a bit and are clearly trying to build their direct brand presence in other countries as their resources allow it. Ingredients seemed to be their future a decade ago, and in my opinion ideally still will be if and when Blis K12 and/or 18 makes it into functional foods. That could be a nice earner for them, and take the products beyond lozenges.

The wheels on Blis spin very slowly. They have started to spin a little quicker over the past few years, but not as quick as some folks on this thread are perhaps anticipating?

emearg
19-07-2020, 06:14 PM
It would be interesting to ask at the AGM how the rollout through the Sinopharm pharmacies in China is going. Has it stalled? Did it get canned? We haven't heard squat about this for a couple of years.

nevchev
19-07-2020, 07:37 PM
It would be interesting to ask at the AGM how the rollout through the Sinopharm pharmacies in China is going. Has it stalled? Did it get canned? We haven't heard squat about this for a couple of years.

Cheers emearg.Have been in and out of this a few times in the last decade only to end up disappointed each and every time to the point that ive sworn never again.There is no doubt however,covid has changed the outlook for many small companies providing immune boosting products and im thinking if Blis play their cards right theres no reason why they cant be amongst them.Time will tell.

patrick
19-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Cheers emearg.Have been in and out of this a few times in the last decade only to end up disappointed each and every time to the point that ive sworn never again.There is no doubt however,covid has changed the outlook for many small companies providing immune boosting products and im thinking if Blis play their cards right theres no reason why they cant be amongst them.Time will tell.

NEV,
Don’t let the ship travel without being part of crew. Think the downside is limited from here, at least in the short term.

nevchev
20-07-2020, 09:54 AM
NEV,
Don’t let the ship travel without being part of crew. Think the downside is limited from here, at least in the short term.

As emearg said pat"wheels turn slowly"but covid has changed everything so im hoping Blis step up and take the bull by the horns

keenkiwiflyer
21-07-2020, 10:41 AM
Anyone want to take a stab as to the SP come close of markets on Friday?

Louloubell
21-07-2020, 10:45 AM
9c is my stab in the dark, hope, prayer, wishful thinking etc 😜

MarineSalvage
21-07-2020, 11:10 AM
probably between 7.9 and 8.1 as its been for ages...

Not The Chosen One
21-07-2020, 11:36 AM
The annual meeting is Friday morning so potentially little movement until next week. I'm thinking the low 8's where it's been for a while and fingers crossed some good movement next week. Not holding my breath!

pierre
21-07-2020, 11:56 AM
The annual meeting is Friday morning so potentially little movement until next week. I'm thinking the low 8's where it's been for a while and fingers crossed some good movement next week. Not holding my breath!

It will depend on two things:
a) the update on Q1 of this financial year - is the sales (and profit) momentum over the past year accelerating, stable or declining?
b) the guidance for the remainder of FY21.

Positive news on both counts will see the SP head further north.

MarineSalvage
21-07-2020, 12:18 PM
do we really think we'd get any real guidance at the meeting - they have a history of keeping things very close to the chest

nevchev
21-07-2020, 12:51 PM
Im expecting a big uptick in sales of ingredients into north America

ejk64
21-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Long time follower here.

Not sure if this will help but since June/ July Blis has been made available in South Korea's largest online market (Naver: Korea's equivalent of Google/ Amazon/ Ebay etc). Looks like they are pushing hard on marketing and overseas expansion.

https://search.shopping.naver.com/search/all?query=blis+k12&cat_id=&frm=NVSHATC

They are not exactly "selling like drugs" yet (pun totally intended). Too soon to tell at the moment I guess.

nevchev
21-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Long time follower here.

Not sure if this will help but since June/ July Blis has been made available in South Korea's largest online market (Naver: Korea's equivalent of Google/ Amazon/ Ebay etc). Looks like they are pushing hard on marketing and overseas expansion.

They are not exactly "selling like drugs" yet (pun totally intended). Too soon to tell at the moment I guess.

And on Gmarket korea as well.Interestingly, many of the products for sale(oral probiotics)contain Blis ingredients.Any new point of sale has to be a good thing!

patrick
21-07-2020, 02:31 PM
Anyone want to take a stab as to the SP come close of markets on Friday?

Down to 9.2 after being higher earlier after Patent concerns addressed.

emearg
21-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Im expecting a big uptick in sales of ingredients into north America You're expecting them to disclose at a more detailed level than they ever have before at an AGM or in a Q1 announcement.

Last years update:
In providing an updated on first quarter trading and FY20 guidance Chief Executive Brian Watson states “We are forecasting sustained profitable growth in FY20 and an EBITDA similar to FY19 as we grow the investment in building a pipeline of new revenue opportunities for the company and identify partners capable of bringing increased scale to the business
“In line with this, we are pleased to share the financial year 2020 quarter one unaudited results. We have made an excellent start to the year with first quarter revenue of $2.8m which is up 63% on the same quarter last year with an EBITDA surplus for the quarter of $0.5m.
“This provides us with further confidence to continue our re-investment into growth and that we will deliver another profitable growth year for 2020, with EBITDA expected to be in line with last year.

nevchev
21-07-2020, 04:45 PM
I am.im hoping they have alot to crow about.Seems to be alot of people not happy with their management style?Perhaps the ASM would be a good time to air any grievances and make suggestions on how they woud like things done.Anyway,for me ,i will be happy with revenues between 3 and 3.5m.As ive stated previously, anything higher will indicate good growth.GLTA

keenkiwiflyer
21-07-2020, 05:16 PM
Given there are nearly 3mil shares on offer at 85 I think that’s where the price my land haha

patrick
21-07-2020, 06:33 PM
“Pushing hard”
One thing seems very clear to me....if sales have not increased by at least 50% for the quarter then the Blis chance has gone. Shareholder for 18 years and THIS is the defining time.
Just hope it’s good.

nevchev
21-07-2020, 07:03 PM
“Pushing hard”
One thing seems very clear to me....if sales have not increased by at least 50% for the quarter then the Blis chance has gone. Shareholder for 18 years and THIS is the defining time.
Just hope it’s good.

Thats hardline pat! but understandable from such a long time holder.That would be 4.2m for q1 and if there has been very little influence of corona on manufacturing and delivery of product you may well be right.ive gone 20% to cover the covid disruption but if they've missed this opportunity and come in any less,well,im with you

emearg
22-07-2020, 11:40 AM
“Pushing hard”
Just hope it’s good.

Will you sell your holding if your target isn't met?

emearg
22-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Long time follower here.

They have a lot of different brands on offer aye! I'm familiar with all of them...most if not all used to be available on amazon.com but no longer are. Is this because Blis are now selling their own product on Amazon.com...disallow the competition from selling through that channel. Question for AGM attendees perhaps?

Cyclical
22-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Given there are nearly 3mil shares on offer at 85 I think that’s where the price my land haha

For some perspective, just think of the price as being 84c, then it's only circa 300k resistance. Or 30k at $8.40. Easy pickings that will get blown away by COB Friday ;)

nevchev
22-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Yes I saw the top sellers list but that is not where I saw the sales figure, sorry I can’t do better.

Hi pat.on chemist warehouse oz,if you click on Blis probiotics it brings up the range.Scroll down and it has the best sellers from said range and number sold in 24 hours.cheers
Ps Was 118 in 24 hours in your post,today was 132.Not a big rise but a rise none the less

nevchev
22-07-2020, 07:26 PM
So lets say 120 per 24 hours but take that out over 52 weeks and according to c warehouse,half price $15
120x7x52x$15=$655000.If thats correct its not bad for one product(throatguatd)please correct me if ive cocked that up

patrick
22-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Hi pat.on chemist warehouse oz,if you click on Blis probiotics it brings up the range.Scroll down and it has the best sellers from said range and number sold in 24 hours.cheers
Ps Was 118 in 24 hours in your post,today was 132.Not a big rise but a rise none the less

Thanks,
Not great but may not be a good judge
Sold ATM for good profit @ 87

nevchev
22-07-2020, 07:31 PM
Well done pat.Not sure how many you had but profit is profit

patrick
22-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Also managed FPH sale at $2 so Bliss is to make up the “lost profit”

Cyclical
22-07-2020, 09:25 PM
Thanks,
Not great but may not be a good judge
Sold ATM for good profit @ 87

Ouch, that hurts. If there's one thing I'm slowly coming to the realisation of since about March this year, it is to simply not sell anything. Of course it's been exceptional times since then, so that thinking may well change, but for all the time and effort I've put into trading since then, I'd still be somewhat better off if I'd just held everything I'd bought. And that's before even taking into consideration the tax implications.

emearg
22-07-2020, 10:09 PM
http://blis.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=70efdf2ec9b086079795c442636b55fb.26&

n908671
22-07-2020, 10:31 PM

I sold Xero at $1.90 and was happy with my 90% return at the time :-(

nevchev
23-07-2020, 09:56 AM
Nice looking opening buy.A few more of those would be showing some confidence

MarineSalvage
23-07-2020, 12:25 PM
I'm not holding my breath for today

Leftfield
23-07-2020, 12:40 PM
I'm not holding my breath for today

Nor should you......tomorrow's AGM will hopefully give us the information we need to base future decisions on. The market will make its decisions known Friday and into the next week.

Until then, it is all speculation.

(Disc - holding shares not my breath.)

keenkiwiflyer
23-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Agreed.

Also from 2.8M to 1.4M @ 84. Hopefully a few more gets taken up this afternoon and we are set for a great day tomorrow!

nevchev
23-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Nor should you......tomorrow's AGM will hopefully give us the information we need to base future decisions on. The market will make its decisions known Friday and into the next week.

Until then, it is all speculation.

(Disc - holding shares not my breath.)

Good on ya lf.Got to have a positive attitude. Im trying to see past the covid disruption and looking toward the future.BLT will do just fine.(cough cough)

emearg
23-07-2020, 07:42 PM
AGM tomoz at 11am

https://virtualmeeting.co.nz/blt20

keenkiwiflyer
24-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Good luck to all

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 08:41 AM
I think LeftField is right: hold shares, not breath

nevchev
24-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Will we get an update on Amazon sales.It took 2 years to get 125 reviews on throatguard but in last few weeks its jumped to 145.Hoping this reflects on larger volumes been sold

tango
24-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Will we get an update on Amazon sales.It took 2 yeard to get 125 reviews on throatguard but in last few weeks its jumped to 145.Hoping this reflects on larger volumes been sold

Reviews are a fairly good indication of sales.

If you want to know more you can get an idea of sales volumes by tracking the best sellers rank on Amazon. It changes hourly and as the stock is currently unavailable the sales rank will be low right now. It jumps up when there are sales.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #13,515 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
#179 in Probiotic Nutritional Supplements

If you are serious about tracking sales there are programs and chrome/firefox extensions that will track it hourly and give you up-to-date stats and trends on the sales ranking.
Some algorithms will estimate sales volumes but those are notoriously unreliable.

keenkiwiflyer
24-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Here you go..

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 11:10 AM
no dramatic growth
Here you go..

sb9
24-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Here you go..

I'm out for now....sold remainder of my holdings.

pg0220
24-07-2020, 11:22 AM
I'm out for now....sold remainder of my holdings.
I pulled my buy order too... Hopefully I can have a chance to buy at a lower price, but will never know which way it will move to from now!

tango
24-07-2020, 11:26 AM
This is a company that has a product I really believe in but has repeatedly failed to deliver. They have become more professional and organised in recent years but they are a lot better at the technical/product side of things than the marketing and management.

I will hang in there for now...

Not The Chosen One
24-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Is this a disappointing result for some? Interested to see what people's expectations of today were

Performance Overview.
I am pleased to report that 2020 saw Blis continue to deliver against the objectiveof producing sustainable profitable growth.
Our revenues were up 29% for the year, providing a 33% CAGR over the last 5years and our EBITDA of $2.1m was up 130% on last year.

Sorry, left off the below for the quarter**

Unaudited results for the quarter ending 30 June 2020

Total revenue for the quarter $ 2.9m (Q1 FY21). ($2.7m for Q1 FY20)
EBITDA surplus $ 0.4m ($0.5m for Q1 FY20)

ejk64
24-07-2020, 11:29 AM
No dramatic growth and no plans for dividend. Didn't know what I expected.

keenkiwiflyer
24-07-2020, 11:29 AM
We all knew the 2020 results. The key for many was the Q1 results which were rather flat.

The question remains though, how does the impact of Covid affect this number? Should it be increasing demand? Or do people purchase less with more people being made redundant etc.

Personally, I find the Amazon and TMall (China) aspect VERY interesting. Alibaba/China offer a massive opportunity.

whatsup
24-07-2020, 11:30 AM
Is this a disappointing result for some? Interested to see what people's expectations of today were

Performance Overview.
I am pleased to report that 2020 saw Blis continue to deliver against the objectiveof producing sustainable profitable growth.
Our revenues were up 29% for the year, providing a 33% CAGR over the last 5years and our EBITDA of $2.1m was up 130% on last year.

Corona virus effect, like a lot of companies BLT had a loss on momentum during the qr, I expect a pick up last qr of the year, until then IMO there are greener pastures out there , ie PEB.

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 11:33 AM
I've sold 80% but will keep an eye on them

sb9
24-07-2020, 11:35 AM
Was expecting a double digit growth for the quarter of at least 25-30%, instead they've grown in single digits. Hopefully they can pick up growth soon, until then happy to watch from sidelines.

Chippie
24-07-2020, 11:40 AM
I am listening to the AGM online. Sounds like Europe/ Middle east "hit hard"by Covid as most business via pharmacies. But North America online growth is continuing to grow.

So main focus is on Online sales channels specifically in USA, China and Canada.

Based on that I think the FY21 forecast is conservative especially with the Skin probiotic launch. The reason to be conservative is the increased costs of airfreight and uncertainty on supply routes (although Brian said this is being managed, just needs continued focus)

so not too bad from my perspective

keenkiwiflyer
24-07-2020, 11:42 AM
I agree, I think listening to the AGM the Q1 results don't sound as bad as it looks.

One to hold for me.

tango
24-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Coronavirus should have pushed demand into the stratosphere. In most countries chemists, which is a natural sales channel for these products, remained open during lockdown.

Mail order for health related products boomed during lockdown in most countries.
Iherb were consistently selling out of stock, especially of probiotics and anything immune related. Iherb shipped throughout lockdown. Amazon prioritised customers and had some delays but they experienced massive demand. I expect it’s the same for other online sellers.

There may have been some delay in delivering to some markets but I expected a bigger uptick in sales. A dividend would be nice but wasn’t expected.

I’m pleased there was some growth but given the new markets and channels it seems flat to me.

tango
24-07-2020, 11:45 AM
I am listening to the AGM online. Sounds like Europe/ Middle east "hit hard"by Covid as most business via pharmacies. But North America online growth is continuing to grow.

So main focus is on Online sales channels specifically in USA, China and Canada.

Based on that I think the FY21 forecast is conservative especially with the Skin probiotic launch. The reason to be conservative is the increased costs of airfreight and uncertainty on supply routes (although Brian said this is being managed, just needs continued focus)

Is the AGM presentation recorded? If there is a replay I will listen when I get home

Oliver Mander
24-07-2020, 12:01 PM

Am online as well. The focus on Alibaba distribution is good...interesting to hear CEO's expansion of his thoughts around this, and that sounds like a way into the CHinese/Asian market for them. Like the fact they are using their additional revenue growth to 'invest' in longer term market entries. Going into cosmetics - they'll need that! Whole different capability, but one that provides a good leg of future growth.

Not worried about Q1 sales - still good growth, company is investing for the long term and seems to be 'pacing' /prioritising growth in line with development of its own internal capabilities.

Disc: hold, probably about to buy more after this.

Chippie
24-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Is the AGM presentation recorded? If there is a replay I will listen when I get home

Hopefully, the Q&A is pretty good with some really good questions and supply capacity, Online details including AliBaba, Patients/ IP etc. Would pay to ask, if it is not published

tango
24-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Hopefully, the Q&A is pretty good with some really good questions and supply capacity, Online details including AliBaba, Patients/ IP etc. Would pay to ask, if it is not published

Awesome thanks. I sneaked in for a couple of minutes in my lunch break and caught the tail end before the voting. I learned a lot of interesting tidbits and got to see some of the faces that run the company ⭐️

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 12:15 PM
I think my 7.9-8.1c range at close Friday was too optimistic

tango
24-07-2020, 12:17 PM
I think my 7.9-8.1c range at close Friday was too optimistic

The market isn't excited about the update.
Not surprising given that the investment into new markets and the global uncertainty leaves a lot of questions about future performance.

I am not as bullish as BLT about the expiring patents but I am excited about the new products. Skincare done right could be a winner

nevchev
24-07-2020, 12:22 PM
Revenue slightly down on what i was expecting but with covid disruption im prepared to overlook it.thoughts?

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 12:37 PM
If I was Shisedo or Elizabeth Arden or L'Oreal I'd find Blis would be a cheap pipeline of NPD
Revenue slightly down on what i was expecting but with covid disruption im prepared to overlook it.thoughts?

jimdog31
24-07-2020, 12:38 PM

I wonder if as a result of less common sickness out and about due to social distancing that could influence?

tango
24-07-2020, 01:14 PM
If I was Shisedo or Elizabeth Arden or L'Oreal I'd find Blis would be a cheap pipeline of NPD

What’s your logic on that? Surely the big cosmetic companies already have plenty of opportunities.

Don’t get me wrong, cosmeceuticals are a growth area but many are already doing it and there are plenty of well established ones available. The microbiome is trendy but it would be cheap for a cosmetics company to do a bit of research and simply add a probiotic that has positive research for the skin into a formulation. Just as they all started adding green tea extract, and then pomegranate, etc.

Same with drinks. Most of the meal replacement shakes now add probiotics. Quicker and easier ways to jump on the trends IMO. No NPD needed. Just add in one ingredient. Bam. Done.

Blis doesn’t have name recognition in this market. It’s much easier to have a grad student spend a couple of days on pubmed to come up with the next hot thing and throw it in. It’s the way they all do it these days

bullfrog
24-07-2020, 01:17 PM
I like the focus on marketing and establishing a credible brand in new markets (Canada and China), and it appeared that this will take priority over R&D, which is good. It will take time and money, which they acknowledge with a flat EBITDA forecast for the next year.

The media is dominated by health stories, the world is focused on health, all it takes is a Bollywood/chinese based influencer on TikTok to recommend Blis, and it's all on. Good question from the floor about getting young media people involved! Not sure the question was answered about whether they have the capability to quickly ramp up production... hmmmm

tango
24-07-2020, 01:20 PM
I like the focus on marketing and establishing a credible brand in new markets (Canada and China), and it appeared that this will take priority over R&D, which is good. It will take time and money, which they acknowledge with a flat EBITDA forecast for the next year.

The media is dominated by health stories, the world is focused on health, all it takes is a Bollywood/chinese based influencer on TikTok to recommend Blis, and it's all on. Good question from the floor about getting young media people involved! Not sure the question was answered about whether they have the capability to quickly ramp up production... hmmmm

My understanding is that production is outsourced to Europe. Is that correct? Therefore ramping up should be feasible.

Do they have production centres in Asia or USA?

tango
24-07-2020, 01:21 PM
There was mention of barriers to entry for a competitor to take the patent and replicate the products when they expire at the end of this year. Does anyone know what those barriers are?

Leftfield
24-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Didn't attend the virtual AGM as fine weather was calling me outdoors. Now back from a beautiful morning adventuring in the hills I'm slowly absorbing the results and comments.

1.) Mr Market not too fussed by the result (at 1pm...no big deal.) Footnote; nice to see the SP improving later this aft. I reckon, 8c will be the new 'floor.'
2.) The result was pretty damn good IMHO. Profit up 320% EBITDA up 130%. working capital up $1.8 mill. Revenue up 29%
3.) Many punters were expecting a stronger result assuming Blis products would be great to treat the onset of Covid. However there is no marketing or manufacturing claims made along these lines (yet) so a tab optimistic IMHO.
4.) Many punters just in for a quick profit may be disappointed, but those of us with a longer term view will note the new product lines (promising) growing profitability (even in Covid times) growing cash on hand, and growing attempts to establish new markets in places like Canada and China.

While I await more details from the AGM via Pierre who was attending (along with a long list of Q's) BLT is still a firm hold for me. Traders will Trade. Holders will Hold.

In my view - BLT is a small cap NZ business on the verge of profitability and gradually securing a secure niche in global markets.

Disc - Holding and happy. BAU IMHO.

fluziosaurus
24-07-2020, 04:51 PM
First time poster, long time observer on sharetrader.

Highest volume going through today in the last few months. Agree LF the market will possibly set 8c as a floor. Possibly see a share consolidation period till the next update which will be good for reducing volatility. Together with the mentioned share consolidation potentially happening as we heard at the meeting this morning.

Disc Hold

pierre
24-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Didn't attend the virtual AGM as fine weather was calling me outdoors. Now back from a beautiful morning adventuring in the hills I'm slowly absorbing the results and comments.

1.) Mr Market not too fussed by the result (at 1pm...no big deal.) Footnote; nice to see the SP improving later this aft. I reckon, 8c will be the new 'floor.'
2.) The result was pretty damn good IMHO. Profit up 320% EBITDA up 130%. working capital up $1.8 mill. Revenue up 29%
3.) Many punters were expecting a stronger result assuming Blis products would be great to treat the onset of Covid. However there is no marketing or manufacturing claims made along these lines (yet) so a tab optimistic IMHO.
4.) Many punters just in for a quick profit may be disappointed, but those of us with a longer term view will note the new product lines (promising) growing profitability (even in Covid times) growing cash on hand, and growing attempts to establish new markets in places like Canada and China.

While I await more details from the AGM via Pierre who was attending (along with a long list of Q's) BLT is still a firm hold for me. Traders will Trade. Holders will Hold.

In my view - BLT is a small cap NZ business on the verge of profitability and gradually securing a secure niche in global markets.

Disc - Holding and happy. BAU IMHO.

I attended the meeting this morning and was pleased with what I heard. Here are my comments and thoughts in pretty random order:

* The market reacted negatively to the first quarter result. I was expecting a bit more too. However I spoke to Brian after the meeting and he said he is confident of sustainable growth over the coming year despite the first quarter basically equalling last year. He said the company had a history of over-promising and he prefers to operate with more caution so will not publicly put a number on the growth forecast at this stage.

* Expect ongoing growth in revenue but don't expect too much net profit growth over the next year or two (don't expect any losses though). Profits from increased sales will be invested in marketing, product development and other growth-focused activities.

* The business is transforming itself from a research-led company into a sales and marketing-led operation. New staff employed to assist with development of e-commerce cross-border sales into China - including an Alibaba store. (The Sinopharm connection has not delivered the anticipated results but is not dead yet.)

* Strong focus on brand-building and development of on-line channels. Tony Balfour who was appointed to the Board late last year gave a brief address prior to the vote for his re-election. I'd say he was an inspired choice for the Board with his hugely successful background in marketing and brand building. (Tony was responsible for launching the Mainland Cheese old guys advts which are now the longest running marketing campaign in NZ.) I'm sure he will pay for himself many times over in providing support and advice for BLT in the marketing arena.

* The launch programme is well advanced for sales Canada in time for winter. It was largely in place pre-Covid travel restrictions. Population of Canada is about 40 million – around 50% more than Oz. Initial sell-in should give a good boost to sales. Lets hope ongoing performance is better than Oz.

* UltraBLis is about to be released through pharmacy distribution channel in addition to current online sales ex the BLT web site.

* New products are underway - Q24 skincare to be released this year. A brand manager has been hired to look after the skin care product as they venture into a completely new (and huge) market segment. New initiatives into the dental health market are also in prospect.

* I raised the question of patents due to expire from late this year through to 2026. Brian said the company has no concerns about that and that branding, trademarks, trade secrets and other IP will insulate the company from the impact of potential competition.

* We can anticipate some action on a share consolidation this year to help minimise some of the volatility in the SP. And don't be surprised if there is a cap raising to support the launch of a new product (maybe skincare?). My conjecture is that the cap raise and consolidation may go hand in hand.

* In summary, there’s lots going on and it’s all focused on growing the business by selling more stuff to more people. But as Tony Balfour said, “99% of our customers have never heard of Blis yet,” which implies that while there's a big opportunity, there’s also a big marketing job to do.

If you’re looking for dividends, BLT is not for you. But if you want to be part of a success story then it will most likelybe worth hopping onboard – or hanging in if you’re already there. I am - but I've been onboard since 2005!

[DISCL: This is not financial advice]

emearg
24-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Thanks Pierre...just a couple of questions.

* The launch programme is well advanced for sales Canada in time for winter. It was largely in place pre-Covid travel restrictions. Population of Canada is about 40 million – around 50% more than Oz. Initial sell-in should give a good boost to sales. Lets hope ongoing performance is better than Oz.
Do you know if it will be Blis produced finished product in Canada? Or will they be supplying ingredients only?

Q24 skincare to be released this year.
Did he tell you this during your chat? I don't think this was stated in the presentation? Generating revenue from this product this year strikes me as unrealistic but super happy to be told otherwise.

And don't be surprised if there is a cap raising to support the launch of a new product (maybe skincare?)
Did he tell you this during your chat?

tango
24-07-2020, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much for the summary and your thoughts

* The business is transforming itself from a research-led company into a sales and marketing-led operation.

Long overdue. This has been my ongoing gripe. Great products. Crappy marketing.
Their website and packaging used to look like it was done by the CEO's 10 year old.

* I raised the question of patents due to expire from late this year through to 2026. Brian said the company has no concerns about that and that branding, trademarks, trade secrets and other IP will insulate the company from the impact of potential competition.
I thought this was a great question. I wasn't convinced by the answer.

Did you by any chance chat with him later to ask what they thought the barriers to entry are to stop a competitor jumping on board when patents start expiring at the end of 2020?

MarineSalvage
24-07-2020, 06:55 PM
When I’m not on the water I spend a lot of time at international tech transfer conferences, the megatrend is that corporates are outsourcing R&D as much as possible and winding back in house work. Why pay for permanent labs and personnel when you can contract/acquire it in. Even better if it’s a small company that have overcome key technical risk, moves it up Th e TRL numbers and even started selling. When you add in the salaries of USA or euro researchers and an antipodean company is bargain basement. I’m not saying it’s likely but it will never be off the table as an option
What’s your logic on that? Surely the big cosmetic companies already have plenty of opportunities.

Don’t get me wrong, cosmeceuticals are a growth area but many are already doing it and there are plenty of well established ones available. The microbiome is trendy but it would be cheap for a cosmetics company to do a bit of research and simply add a probiotic that has positive research for the skin into a formulation. Just as they all started adding green tea extract, and then pomegranate, etc.

Same with drinks. Most of the meal replacement shakes now add probiotics. Quicker and easier ways to jump on the trends IMO. No NPD needed. Just add in one ingredient. Bam. Done.

Blis doesn’t have name recognition in this market. It’s much easier to have a grad student spend a couple of days on pubmed to come up with the next hot thing and throw it in. It’s the way they all do it these days

Cadalac123
24-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Thanks Pierre.

I don't hold BLT anymore, however I was looking to see whether re-entry would be appropriate based on today's report.

I am disappointed by the q1 results, not just because they are a tiny gain over last year, but because there was a clear tailwind that was clearly short-lived .. prior to end of FY20 we had this huge spike in sales and the runrate from that spike was not sustained which was a little discouraging. Especially because ingredient sales were looking juicy.

It looks like there will be some sp spiking announcements in the future, but at the moment it feels all a little speculative. I do think there are potential pipelines for growth, so re-entry could be a possibility in the future.

fluziosaurus
24-07-2020, 07:18 PM
Future anticpated growth catalysts:

Launch of Blis branded products into Canada in Nov for sale Dec.

UltraBlis into NZ and amazon

Building of the cross boarder e-commerce platform for china

Skincare Product currently in the late phase of commercialization

Leftfield
25-07-2020, 07:41 AM
Tres Bon..... Merci Pierre!!

(that's about the extent of my French!) Great to have your feedback on the meeting. Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough report.

Can't help thinking Blis shareholders should adopt Tony Balfour's Mainland Cheese advertising tag line - "GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME."

Like Emearg and Tango, I'm a tab concerned by the glib response to the patent and copyright question. I recall at one stage ATM published in their annual report a summary of key patents/copyrights and their expiry.... might be a good idea for BLT. However, we shareholders pay managers to manage and sometimes we have to hope their assurances have teeth. You have certainly raised our concerns and heightened awareness.

Like you I take think that a share consolidation is a 'definite maybe' ( 10:1 sounds about right) and possibly to be linked to a share sale cash raise (akin to ANZ in PEB this week)or a cap raise. Let's hope it is well managed and works to SH advantage like it did with PEB.

China and Canada looking a tab exciting. As to new products, too early to get excited IMHO, it's just 'Business as Usual'.

I still consider BLT a 'hold' and will be adding more on any weakness.

Bon chance!!

Arthur
25-07-2020, 10:10 AM
One of the reasons that they have moved more into marketing and diversified their product is to try and protect the market when they come off patent.
It has taken them many years to learn how to get stability and functionality into the product. You don't just snap your fingers and it happens.
The market is so small that it may well be in the "why bother?" category for most potential replicators.
There is no way that most consumers will be able to tell if a competitor has managed to successfully copy them or is just claiming the same benefits at little or no function.
It would have been easy for a large company to have a similar product introduced to the market and say to a cash strapped Blis "take us to court"

nevchev
25-07-2020, 04:43 PM

What did you think pat?Is it worth giving it another couple of years?

winner69
25-07-2020, 05:02 PM
Blis need to get an Edison Report done ---- and tell them they want to see a valuation in excess of 20 cents

MarineSalvage
25-07-2020, 05:52 PM
Does anyone take a paid for Edison report seriously??

Leftfield
25-07-2020, 05:54 PM
Does anyone take a paid for Edison report seriously??

Edison do.......

Sideshow Bob
25-07-2020, 10:06 PM
Can't help thinking Blis shareholders should adopt Tony Balfour's Mainland Cheese advertising tag line - "GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME."

Met a few ex-Mainland staff over recent years. (Without casting any aspirations) they all tried to claim responsibility for their marketing programme - not surprising as hugely successful.

Leftfield
26-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Met a few ex-Mainland staff over recent years. (Without casting any aspirations) they all tried to claim responsibility for their marketing programme - not surprising as hugely successful.

Agree... I suspect the real idea came from their advertising agency. The suits at Mainland simply nodded their heads.

pierre
26-07-2020, 09:19 AM

Check Tony Balfour's experience here:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tony-balfour-4548a41/?originalSubdomain=nz

Click on the "experience" links to get the full picture.

This guy is the real deal and I'm looking forward to the results of his contribution to Blis. It's fantastic to have an individual with Tony's sales and marketing expertise on the Board.

patrick
26-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Canada will be the real test.
They have, I understand, the ok to claim
health benefits for products which
May be a first.

nevchev
26-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Will we get an update on Amazon sales.It took 2 years to get 125 reviews on throatguard but in last few weeks its jumped to 145.Hoping this reflects on larger volumes been sold
Reviews now at 155.Seems amazon doing good things for blis(winter in the states could be a windfall)

tango
26-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Reviews now at 155.Seems amazon doing good things for blis(winter in the states could be a windfall)

The bestseller rank on amazon is a good indication of sales

nevchev
26-07-2020, 07:55 PM

Will keep an eye on that.cheer tango.My problem with blt at the mo is i have know doubt they will do alright but.......do i leave capital invested there in the mean time or do i allocate elsewhere with a view to coming back to blis in 12 to 18 months.Some good opportunities out there.What to do what to do.

emearg
26-07-2020, 08:03 PM

All six products on Amazon are currently sold out. What does that tell us? It is selling, or at least was, and Blis need to make more product available for people to spend their money on!

nevchev
26-07-2020, 08:21 PM
All six products on Amazon are currently sold out. What does that tell us? It is selling, or at least was, and Blis need to make more product available for people to spend their money on!
How do you know their sold out?

emearg
26-07-2020, 10:26 PM
How do you know their sold out?

They all show as 'currently unavailable' when you view them.

Cyclical
26-07-2020, 11:54 PM

Hmm, from what position do we view that, glass half empty, or half full? Is the product being sold directly by Blis and is it shipped from NZ, or nah?

nevchev
27-07-2020, 04:11 AM
They dont sell to NZ from there so thats what comes up.They assure me they have stock and are selling(see email reply page 339)

emearg
27-07-2020, 12:14 PM
They dont sell to NZ from there so thats what comes up.They assure me they have stock and are selling(see email reply page 339)

You're quite right. It says:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

How misleading is that? Blardy Amazon.

When I put in a Texan postcode it displays correctly, and the availability status reflects what is shown on the product overview page.

emearg
27-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Last night I noted the ThroatHealth product(same as our ThroatGuard Pro from the looks of it) rated as #98 in the Probiotic Nutritional Supplements. Now it is #115. These numbers are obviously quite dynamic which is handy for observers like us :)

There are at least 5,000 products in this category.

tango
27-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Last night I noted the ThroatHealth product(same as our ThroatGuard Pro from the looks of it) rated as #98 in the Probiotic Nutritional Supplements. Now it is #115. These numbers are obviously quite dynamic which is handy for observers like us :)

There are at least 5,000 products in this category.
The numbers are updated hourly. There are free programs and Chrome extensions online that will track the sales ranking and give you trends. Just pop in the product ID and you can track the sales ranking over time

nevchev
30-07-2020, 01:43 PM
The numbers are updated hourly. There are free programs and Chrome extensions online that will track the sales ranking and give you trends. Just pop in the product ID and you can track the sales ranking over time
The email they sent me is about a month old with a screenshot showing they were selling but at the time reviews were up to 119 and that had taken 2 years.Its now at 165 so 46 new reviews in a month
I think momentum is gathering speed!

Sideshow Bob
04-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Distribution partner appointed for Canadian Market4/8/2020, 8:30 am MKTUPDTE4 August 2020
Distribution partner appointed for Canadian Market
Blis Technologies Limited (NZX:BLT) has finalised an agreement with Purity Life Health Products LP (Purity Life) for the distribution of BLIS branded products into the pharmacy and health store retail channels in Canada.

Purity Life will be launching Canada-specific BLIS® branded products from the BLIS K12™ and BLIS M18™ range. The launch will be supported through a comprehensive consumer and trade marketing programme that coincides with the build up towards the busy winter season in Canada.
Blis CEO Brian Watson commented “This partnership is another important milestone in realising the Company’s growth ambitions, with the Canadian market representing a key new market for Blis.
Working with Purity Life gives us access to the best health stores and pharmacies in Canada. They have exceptional reach into the Canadian consumer health market and a proven track record of establishing category leading brands in consumer health care.”

Mr Watson added “In Canada we have attractive regulatory approvals that allow significant health claims for our product range. Over the last year we have worked with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise on an extensive market validation program that has provided insight and confidence in the market opportunity. Prior to lock down we were fortunate to have several of the team travel to Canada and meet with our preferred partners to support our launch as well as presenting our products to the trade with positive engagement.”
Purity Life is Canada’s leading distributor of natural health products. From dietary supplements, vitamins and natural body care to natural health food products, Purity Life supplies high quality products to over 7,000 stores across Canada.
Ends

nevchev
04-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Not bad at all.Another market of 38m and into a potential 7000 stores.Hopefully this time they can make it work

MarineSalvage
04-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Any progress forward is good in my book - i've got a lot less allocated to BLT but still enough to like the Canada move - proof will be in the pudding

keenkiwiflyer
04-08-2020, 09:50 AM
Good announcement from BLT following on from their AGM

Chippie
04-08-2020, 09:58 AM
Canada will be the real test.
They have, I understand, the ok to claim
health benefits for products which
May be a first.

First test has been passed in less than 2 weeks after the AGM. Hopefully they are this efficient with results from the focus on Onlines channels in China and USA.

pierre
04-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Good announcement from BLT following on from their AGM

This sounds like an excellent distributor appointment and I'm looking forward to the results of the initial sell-in later this year.

I have no idea at all about what might happen, but here's a blue sky guess: 7000 stores might generate around $1.5 - $2m of sales at start up? Something in that range would be nice kick-off and a great boost to FY21 sales.

What do you think?

winner69
04-08-2020, 10:23 AM
This sounds like an excellent distributor appointment and I'm looking forward to the results of the initial sell-in later this year.

I have no idea at all about what might happen, but here's a blue sky guess: 7000 stores might generate around $1.5 - $2m of sales at start up? Something in that range would be nice kick-off and a great boost to FY21 sales.

What do you think?

Less than $300 per store ...be more than that wouldn't it?

When Trilogy started talking shops and shop fronts and doors the market usually got very excited.

pierre
04-08-2020, 10:32 AM
Less than $300 per store ...be more than that wouldn't it?

When Trilogy started talking shops and shop fronts and doors the market usually got very excited.

Just wanted to be a bit conservative - but very happy to be proved wrong if it's an average of $500 per store!

Sideshow Bob
04-08-2020, 10:39 AM
7,000 stores are all the stores they supply over all brands. By the looks of their website, Purity deal with probably 300-400 brands......

So Blis will likely only be in a small fraction of these stores in the near term.

nevchev
04-08-2020, 10:46 AM
7,000 stores are all the stores they supply over all brands. By the looks of their website, Purity deal with probably 300-400 brands......

So Blis will likely only be in a small fraction of these stores in the near term.
Not sure about that Bob.If its a similar roll out as the oz promotion then in the near term i think Purity will get it out to as many stores as they can.

fungus pudding
04-08-2020, 10:58 AM
Not sure about that Bob.If its a similar roll out as the oz promotion then in the near term i think Purity will get it out to as many stores as they can.

No doubt, but from my limited experience initial orders will be in quarter dozens - or less. $300 per store might be optimistic. Time will tell, but it hardly matters until or unless repeat orders surface.

pierre
04-08-2020, 11:18 AM
No doubt, but from my limited experience initial orders will be in quarter dozens - or less. $300 per store might be optimistic. Time will tell, but it hardly matters until or unless repeat orders surface.

The quotes below from the announcement are encouraging. I don't recall anything similar in conjunction with the launch in Oz.

"The launch will be supported through a comprehensive consumer and trade marketing programme that coincides with the build up towards the busy winter season in Canada."

"In Canada we have attractive regulatory approvals that allow significant health claims for our product range."

nevchev
04-08-2020, 11:35 AM
The quotes below from the announcement are encouraging. I don't recall anything similar in conjunction with the launch in Oz.

"The launch will be supported through a comprehensive consumer and trade marketing programme that coincides with the build up towards the busy winter season in Canada."

"In Canada we have attractive regulatory approvals that allow significant health claims for our product range."

And from memory one those claims was centered around children so will be covering a large spectrum of the population

Snow Leopard
04-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Nice to see a spring in the step of the share price this morning.

While presumably the one off initial stock filling revenue will look nice in the next full year report it is the recurring and hopefully growing refills that are important.

I will ask that nice Mr Justin Trudeau to use the word 'bliss' in his media comments and speeches.

Today Canada, tomorrow The World.

winner69
04-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Spring in the step of the bls shareprice ..good

But blis need to come out with more regular positive announcements ....even if it’s regurgitating old stuff in a new way ...get more punters excited. That’s the way to go.

keenkiwiflyer
04-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Well they did the right thing. Many were expecting a better AGM with more growth in Q1. That did not happen, however they showed a roadmap of future growth which excited long term investors.

This announcement consolidates that. I think BLT is in a really exciting period.

patrick
04-08-2020, 02:07 PM
Should be good but the “attractive regulatory approvals” were granted years ago so it’s been quite a while getting to this point.

emearg
04-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Should be good but the “attractive regulatory approvals” were granted years ago so it’s been quite a while getting to this point. M18 was approved for sale in Canada last May: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334245

The allowed K12 claims were originally quite limited and were improved recently...sorry but can't recall exactly when.

I presume this is what they are referring to.

But yes, the wheels haven't spun as quickly as we would all like.

Cadalac123
04-08-2020, 06:35 PM
I mean the announcement didn't really back the even small sp appreciation. All very speculative so far. Will have some revenue boost/growth if you want to call it that once it launches in Canada through the initial fill as mentioned previously.

Any forecast beyond that is entirely dependent on how the Canadian market perceives the product which is impossible to predict.
Q2 results will be extremely important to look at and see whether the product sales continue to decline on a "what would be expected" basis given this companies sector and the tailwind it should be experiencing.

patrick
04-08-2020, 08:15 PM
I mean the announcement didn't really back the even small sp appreciation. All very speculative so far. Will have some revenue boost/growth if you want to call it that once it launches in Canada through the initial fill as mentioned previously.

Any forecast beyond that is entirely dependent on how the Canadian market perceives the product which is impossible to predict.
Q2 results will be extremely important to look at and see whether the product sales continue to decline on a "what would be expected" basis given this companies sector and the tailwind it should be experiencing.

No problem but much better than before news of 1000,s of Chemists in Canada on the sale. Speculative, I doubt,
Time will as always.

emearg
04-08-2020, 10:52 PM

That is a rather pessimistic take on it all. Revenue/profit growth is the goal and this announcement indicates progress towards this goal. How much the revenue will be this year I have no idea. How much it will add next year I also have no idea...none of us do. But launching Blis branded products into another country through a distributor like this is a big positive in my book. I expect Canada to react well to the products because products containing Blis K12 have been selling in Canada for over a decade.

keenkiwiflyer
12-08-2020, 01:38 AM
Times like these I’m happy Blis is located in Dunedin, far away from Auckland and their lockdown. Markets opening will be interesting considering BLT is a bit of a Covid safe haven.

nevchev
14-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Just had a look and reviews now at 200.Quite telling considering the winter hasnt begun in the states and as stated above it had taken over 2 years to get to 145!If that growth in sales continues and has some reflection on ingredient sales,fy from the states may exceed expectations

emearg
14-08-2020, 03:17 PM
There are quite a few reviews of the Blis products on the Blis website. This is a new feature. Every review has a 5 star rating. Lots of happy shareholders? LOL. I haven't written one yet but I will. And it will be 5 stars. I've been taking K12 for 13 years now. A real life changer during the winter, and to be fair also the summer, so I'm a happy customer. And a happy share holder. And a patient man.

emearg
14-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Regarding Amazon, three out of four products I noted their top selling rank and pretty much the same as they were when this was last discussed. The fourth, HoneyBlis has dropped 200 odd places.

nevchev
14-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Regarding Amazon, three out of four products I noted their top selling rank and pretty much the same as they were when this was last discussed. The fourth, HoneyBlis has dropped 200 odd places.

I dont think honeyblis is one of their better products

emearg
14-08-2020, 07:34 PM
I dont think honeyblis is one of their better products

Better?

How do you define better?

For me I don't think it is good value for money because I value the K12 ingredient and much less so the honey. So for me the pure K12 products are better value for money.

But others will see things differently and be prepared to spend extra. I see it less of a mainstream product and would be surprised it quantity sold is even 10% of the standard K12 products. % plucked out of the air of course. But as long as it is adequately profitable all things considered I'm all for it.

artemis
15-08-2020, 09:59 AM
HoneyBlis is good for the kids, even young adults. The straight k12 are big and boring, easy to ignore.

nevchev
16-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Was there a timeline given for the launch of ultrablis?

Arthur
16-08-2020, 05:48 PM
https://blis.co.nz/pages/ultrablis

nevchev
17-08-2020, 08:47 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358068

Nice work.Now we need to push the clean,green wellbeing all over China

Leftfield
17-08-2020, 08:51 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358068

Another step...... expanding into the Chinese market.

nevchev
17-08-2020, 08:54 AM
Another step...... expanding into the Chinese market.
Really pleased with this!NZ products have such a good reputation in China and this is the single,biggest market in the world

winner69
17-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Really pleased with this!NZ products have such a good reputation in China and this is the single,biggest market in the world

You’ve got to ramp better than that mate

If only 1% of China’s population took a BLIS lozenge every day how many lozenges would Blis sell?

Big number eh ...just imagine what that would do to Blis sales

Leftfield
17-08-2020, 09:03 AM

If BLT can do as well in China as ATM then I will be very happy! ;)

(It's a big IF.)

nevchev
17-08-2020, 09:06 AM
Hahaha.Ill have to up my game.Im sure dental hygiene products will be much appreciated by the Chinese

winner69
17-08-2020, 10:39 AM
We could get over 9 cents today and maybe 10 cents by end of week

Abacus still working on how many extra lozenges this deal is worth ..but it’s zillions

Glad Blis putting out more announcements ..need to make sure they come up with something every three weeks to keep the momentum up

porkandpuha
17-08-2020, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry I doubted you BLT. Please take me back as a shareholder. It was me, not you :crying:

*Currently practicing 2m social distancing in the bid queue*

bullfrog
17-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Roolife is a bit of an up n comer, 380% increase in revenue 2020 vs 2019, teamed up with alipay which 89% of Chinese customers prefer, seems like a company on a mission, so may see some good progress, hope blis can keep up

Snow Leopard
17-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Roolife is a bit of an up n comer, 380% increase in revenue 2020 vs 2019, teamed up with alipay which 89% of Chinese customers prefer, seems like a company on a mission, so may see some good progress, hope blis can keep up

Announcement has not done anything for RLG share price. A company whose revenue has gone from negligible to something.

But we Blisophiles don't care because it is good for our company & us :t_up:

Cadalac123
17-08-2020, 02:18 PM
We could get over 9 cents today and maybe 10 cents by end of week

Abacus still working on how many extra lozenges this deal is worth ..but it’s zillions

Glad Blis putting out more announcements ..need to make sure they come up with something every three weeks to keep the momentum up

More and more non financial announcements needed to maintain the pump bb

MarineSalvage
17-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Some posts being deleted??
I’d wager sp isn’t going to go anywhere fast. Brief flurry that peters out. I wouldn’t mind being proved wrong as still have a modest holding

emearg
17-08-2020, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry I doubted you BLT. Please take me back as a shareholder. It was me, not you :crying:

*Currently practicing 2m social distancing in the bid queue*

That's funny :) Welcome to Sharetrader.

emearg
18-08-2020, 10:08 PM
Just had a look and reviews now at 200.Quite telling considering the winter hasnt begun in the states and as stated above it had taken over 2 years to get to 145!If that growth in sales continues and has some reflection on ingredient sales,fy from the states may exceed expectations

220 now. Twenty more in four days...growing momentum there it seems.

artemis
19-08-2020, 10:00 AM
Email today from Blis - code for 20% off UltraBlis until end of August. Says it is for newsletter subscribers, so if not receiving and considering buying UltraBlis worth subscribing. Code is UB20.

TideMan
19-08-2020, 11:31 AM
Buying from their website is usually a rip-off.
Example: ToothGuard M18 is $24.95 from Blis website, but $16.95 from Pharmacy Direct, i.e. a third less!!
Other products similar, though I can't find UltraBlis anywhere other than Blis.

percy
19-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Buying from their website is usually a rip-off.
Example: ToothGuard M18 is $24.95 from Blis website, but $16.95 from Pharmacy Direct, i.e. a third less!!
Other products similar, though I can't find UltraBlis anywhere other than Blis.

Normal practice,otherwise retailers/outlets would not stock it.

emearg
19-08-2020, 12:06 PM
...though I can't find UltraBlis anywhere other than Blis.

It hasn't been rolled out to pharmacies yet. Later this year was the word at the AGM.

Arthur
19-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Traditional pharmacies often have huge markups, so I imagine Blis has to price at their prices to keep them happy. Direct sales must be good for margins, but not volume. Blis used to be freepost too, but that has gone now. It would be interesting to see how much they do in direct sales, perhaps a question for the next AGM.

nevchev
19-08-2020, 12:44 PM
It hasn't been rolled out to pharmacies yet. Later this year was the word at the AGM.
Did they say when it would be available on Amazon?They really are pathetic at getting things done

winner69
19-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Did they say when it would be available on Amazon?They really are pathetic at getting things done

Scientists are useless at marketing ..you should know that my now.

artemis
19-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Traditional pharmacies often have huge markups, so I imagine Blis has to price at their prices to keep them happy. Direct sales must be good for margins, but not volume. Blis used to be freepost too, but that has gone now. It would be interesting to see how much they do in direct sales, perhaps a question for the next AGM.

Non traditional pharmacies have lower markups, based on prices at my recent experiences at Chemist Warehouse. Must be eating in to the traditionals.

nevchev
19-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Scientists are useless at marketing ..you should know that my now.

Im hoping they are ok at manufacturing or they may have bitten off more than they can chew!!

porkandpuha
19-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Seems to be some real resistance barriers that Blis struggle to break through, no matter how many positive announcements they throw at the market.

fluziosaurus
19-08-2020, 06:50 PM
Yes there are, the low 8s also seem to be a floor. There's some good potential revenue growth in the future so will possibly push up then

pierre
19-08-2020, 10:47 PM
Yes there are, the low 8s also seem to be a floor. There's some good potential revenue growth in the future so will possibly push up then
Yep. There's the sell-in to pharmacies in Canada prior to their winter - so probably around October/November.

The Oz sell-in gave the SP a bit of a jolt about 18 months ago. Population of Canada is around 50% higher than Oz so could be good for up to a couple of million on the sales line.

The cbec entry into China will take a while to get going but the potential in that market is immense. Hard to estimate the pluses and minuses of Covid but overall my guess is slightly positive for BLT.

I'm picking a very positive update in Jan or Feb and at least 30-40% sales growth for the year to 31 March.

Those reports should get a bit of a rocket under the SP. However, unless there's an earlier new product launch (like skin care) I think the SP will meander around it's current range for the next 3-6 months.

artemis
23-08-2020, 02:15 PM
Article today about rheumatic fever in New Zealand. It is a very expensive disease to treat and a fair amount of money goes into prevention as well. I really wonder why the health providers don't just saturate the problem locations, which are well known, with K12 via schools for a couple of years. Avoiding a very small number of cases a year would pay for it.

There is research, though from what I have read it is not unequivocal. But some results very positive. If interested try a search on HRC rheumatic K12 .

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/122260447/we-have-totally-failed-rheumatic-fever-the-third-world-disease-entrenched-in-new-zealand

emearg
23-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Rheumatic fever should be an election issue. It won't be of course.

It was trialed a few years back and the modest difference it made wasn't enough to recommend it's use.

nevchev
23-08-2020, 08:21 PM
Saw an article on the news last night about honey been better than over the counter remedies for coughs and colds.HoneybliS may still have a future

younga
24-08-2020, 06:20 AM
I haven't followed the bliss products until a friend mentioned it to me....from what I gather, u take a lozenge and it puts healthy bacteria in your mouth....but every time u brush yr teeth with fluoride toothpaste, wouldn't the fluoride kill the bacteria, which makes it a little pointless. Views?

Bjauck
24-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Article today about rheumatic fever in New Zealand. It is a very expensive disease to treat and a fair amount of money goes into prevention as well. I really wonder why the health providers don't just saturate the problem locations, which are well known, with K12 via schools for a couple of years. Avoiding a very small number of cases a year would pay for it.

There is research, though from what I have read it is not unequivocal. But some results very positive. If interested try a search on HRC rheumatic K12 .

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/122260447/we-have-totally-failed-rheumatic-fever-the-third-world-disease-entrenched-in-new-zealand

It will take more than K12 to stop parts of NZ from sliding into Dickensian poverty.

porkandpuha
24-08-2020, 08:43 AM
I haven't followed the bliss products until a friend mentioned it to me....from what I gather, u take a lozenge and it puts healthy bacteria in your mouth....but every time u brush yr teeth with fluoride toothpaste, wouldn't the fluoride kill the bacteria, which makes it a little pointless. Views?

I am fairly certain on the instructions it recommends taking the lozenge after brushing teeth... which makes sense.

EDIT: Yes it does - "DOSAGE: For best results, slowly dissolve one lozenge on the tongue, 1-2 times a day, ideally after brushing teeth. In times of high need take a maximum of four lozenges per day."

Sideshow Bob
24-08-2020, 08:48 AM

Think a few on here have had success with the dental lozenge. In my case it has helped a gum issue substantially that had for years and any treatment dentist/hygienist recommended failed.

I brush, then sometimes mouthwash, then use the lozenge at night.

emearg
25-08-2020, 07:38 PM

I'm not a microbiologist but I'm happy to contribute my thoughts.

Your mouth is full of bacteria. Hundreds of billions of them. Most of them are good and you need them. Some of them are benign. A few are bad. Streptococcus salivarius is one of the dominant species in our mouths but most of us don't naturally have the K12 or M18 versions.

When you brush your teeth you kill some bacteria. Same with mouth wash, alcohol and a number of other things. But pretty soon the remaining bacteria multiply back to the numbers that existed before you brushed your teeth. Ideally the good bacteria re-establish themselves rather than the bad bacteria. If you have been taking K12 or M18 for long enough for them to get established in your oral cavity they will be among the bacteria that multiply. And if you take a lozenge after brushing your teeth you are supplementing the population.