PDA

View Full Version : BLT - Blis Technologies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31

pierre
23-04-2021, 11:47 AM
India's middle and upper class enjoy first world health care. That's hundreds of millions of people. If Blis' distributor can convince enough pharmacies to begin stocking it, initial orders on their own would be massive.

Potential is one thing and reaching it is another.

Aussies enjoy first world health care too, and with their market size five times ours at about 25 million (give or take a few kiwis), BLT has always struggled in that country.

Hopefully, the agent in India is more progressive and will get the ball rolling faster over there. But I agree, with hundreds of millions potentially in the market, the ball doesn't have to roll very far to gain some pretty hefty sales numbers relative to BLT's current results.

We will be waiting at least a year to see if this opportunity gains any traction.

I remain ever hopeful that one day BLT will strike gold - and that the mine has plenty has plenty of depth.

forest
23-04-2021, 04:34 PM
Hey nevchev - is that announcement code for iNova hasn't done a good job so we've dispensed with their services and we'll give somebody else a go and hope like hell they can do a better job

Quote from today's announcement:
To support this retail activity we are in negotiations with a new partner strongly aligned with natural healthcare that brings complementary strengths to support the brand’s presence in the market.

The way I see it is that in time gone past BLT was a science led company and lacking marketing skills.
Lately BLT is giving marketing the attention it needs and realises that some distributors are a better fit than others.
It seems current thinking is that iNova is not the best distributor partner for BLT and I am pleased they look for one more compatible with the products BLT sells.

patrick
28-04-2021, 04:38 PM
My results from twice daily application of the Unconditional Skin cream have been very good. Skin is much softer, roughness and different coloured patches gone and looking good for the mileage. This is the first “cream” I have ever used daily. But this is no help; I did take some photos before starting but not good enough quality to get a good read.
I had expected (but not sure why) some adds for the product by now but think the Company should get 30 or 40 people with skin issues to agree to be guinea pigs, photo them professionally, with verification, and then, after the month, place the best 10 photos on the online site. Advertising can direct folk to the site so all is done without too much cost. Perhaps with a free tube for one in twenty of those who inquire and register interest. If it’s good then word of mouth can do the rest. Perhaps this is underway!
My daughter has been applying to one side of her face twice daily for, now, a month. Was not allowed to look too closely till the month was up so will catch up in the next few days.
Am I dreaming?

justakiwi
28-04-2021, 04:56 PM
I asked about the possibility of free trial products (or even small size trial products to pay for). They told me to sign up on the website and they will be sending out trial satchels “shortly.” Only enough for about 2 applications though. I signed up about a month ago, but have not heard or received anything as yet.

My results from twice daily application of the Unconditional Skin cream have been very good. Skin is much softer, roughness and different coloured patches gone and looking good for the mileage. This is the first “cream” I have ever used daily. But this is no help; I did take some photos before starting but not good enough quality to get a good read.
I had expected (but not sure why) some adds for the product by now but think the Company should get 30 or 40 people with skin issues to agree to be guinea pigs, photo them professionally, with verification, and then, after the month, place the best 10 photos on the online site. Advertising can direct folk to the site so all is done without too much cost. Perhaps with a free tube for one in twenty of those who inquire and register interest. If it’s good then word of mouth can do the rest. Perhaps this is underway!
My daughter has been applying to one side of her face twice daily for, now, a month. Was not allowed to look too closely till the month was up so will catch up in the next few days.
Am I dreaming?

emearg
28-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Am I dreaming?

I hope folks are making these suggestions to Blis directly and not just sharing them on sharetrader? They may have thought of it already...but perhaps they haven't.

justakiwi
28-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Just heard back re the samples. Sending out this week so people should receive next week some time. So if you want to try - sign up and complete your address details. I doubt a two treatment sample will be sufficient to form an opinion/see results. I was thinking you could stretch the sample out by only using on a small test area then comparing after several days/applications, but that won’t work as I’m assuming once the sample is opened, the separated ingredients will mix. Once mixed it probably needs to be used straight away.

percy
28-04-2021, 09:22 PM
How many residents are there at the rest home you work.?...lol.

patrick
28-04-2021, 09:39 PM
I did try the Company today with my suggestion but Julie is away for the week.
Seems very strange to me about the sample; no point in sending out two application pack unless they think it will result in some skin improvement. If that’s true ”go sell everything”
More likely to regard it as a mean offer, unfortunately.
Hard to see the thinking here.

winner69
04-05-2021, 07:32 PM
Brian needs to try harder and make his regular postings even more exciting ...maybe add a bit of enthusiasm into them.

Another post late next week I think.....better be a good one ..last three hasn’t done much for share price.

forest
04-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Brian needs to try harder and make his regular postings even more exciting ...maybe add a bit of enthusiasm into them.

Another post late next week I think.....better be a good one ..last three hasn’t done much for share price.

You right, why don't you send him some exciting samples.

Sideshow Bob
04-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Got an email today offering 20% off their products as hadn’t bought for a while......

Problem being can still buy cheaper elsewhere.

winner69
05-05-2021, 08:12 AM
You right, why don't you send him some exciting samples.

Suppose hard to get too excited when all the great opportunities you supposedly create doesn’t end up with a positive bottom line

Even the top line is hardly growing

bullfrog
07-05-2021, 10:13 AM
https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/anti-aging-trend-teens/index.html

A growing market, teens worried about wrinkles, BLT needs to recruit some of those influencers mentioned in the article!

bullfrog
07-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Forwarded the article to Blis, enquiring as to what strategy they are employing to engage with this market.

patrick
07-05-2021, 10:49 AM
Forwarded the article to Blis, enquiring as to what strategy they are employing to engage with this market.

Hopefully they have selected candidates for photo, identity check, delivered free product and keeping a close eye on results.
I see one bidder for 1.5 m shares at 6.4; could be one of those in the trial?
No harm in dreaming.

justakiwi
07-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Anyone received the free sample yet? I haven't received anything.

Sideshow Bob
07-05-2021, 11:10 AM

I emailed the company the other day about my discount deal.

No reply received - never a good sign IMO.....

Golfer01
07-05-2021, 11:23 AM

Haven't seen mine either. Wish they would hurry up, I'm aging by the minute... I would have thought that they would be eager to get the samples out, as there's a greater possibility of buying the "regular" size bottle once the sample is tested rather than forking out $100 without confidence that it is of any use....
Oh well, I've held these shares for over 20 years so another 10 ain't going to hurt (too much!!)

justakiwi
07-05-2021, 12:02 PM
To be fair, they re probably sending via NZ Post, which is not reliable in terms of estimated delivery time frames.

Speaking of mail, I received my OCA Retail offer documents in the mail the other day - weeks after I had applied online and received my allocation. Snail mail is simply no longer useful for anything business related or time sensitive now.

Haven't seen mine either. Wish they would hurry up, I'm aging by the minute... I would have thought that they would be eager to get the samples out, as there's a greater possibility of buying the "regular" size bottle once the sample is tested rather than forking out $100 without confidence that it is of any use....
Oh well, I've held these shares for over 20 years so another 10 ain't going to hurt (too much!!)

patrick
07-05-2021, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=justakiwi;884112]To be fair, they re probably sending via NZ Post, which is not reliable in terms of estimated delivery time frames.

Speaking of delivery both my two purchases arrived via NZ Post within 48 hours of lodging order.

patrick
07-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Please refer to post from another 20 year Shareholder, patrick on 28/4, and TRUST.

porkandpuha
10-05-2021, 12:23 PM
To those waiting, I just received my samples from the courier today.

patrick
10-05-2021, 12:38 PM
To those waiting, I just received my samples from the courier today.

Thanks,
Is it just a two application sample?

porkandpuha
10-05-2021, 03:06 PM
Thanks,
Is it just a two application sample?

There is a 2ml sachet of "Live Probiotic Serum" and a 4ml sachet "Hydrator". Believe you mix them together so only one application?

winner69
10-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Thin Lizzy has 50% off at the moment

Sideshow Bob
11-05-2021, 09:51 AM
Thin Lizzy has 50% off at the moment

What about Natural Glow W69!! Natural Glow Products | Natural Glow (https://naturalglow.co.nz/products/)

"Thousands of Luminous Spheres!" :cool:

patrick
13-05-2021, 07:33 PM
There is a 2ml sachet of "Live Probiotic Serum" and a 4ml sachet "Hydrator". Believe you mix them together so only one application?

P&P
You are looking great, well done.

porkandpuha
13-05-2021, 08:18 PM
P&P
You are looking great, well done.

The sachets ended up being enough for 2, maybe even 3 applications.

For me it appealed to MOST of the senses... felt nice, looked nice.. but the smell is a little weird. Anyone else thought that? Maybe they decided throwing a nice fragrance into the cauldron was at the detriment of the health properties?

Golfer01
14-05-2021, 08:45 AM
The sachets ended up being enough for 2, maybe even 3 applications.

For me it appealed to MOST of the senses... felt nice, looked nice.. but the smell is a little weird. Anyone else thought that? Maybe they decided throwing a nice fragrance into the cauldron was at the detriment of the health properties?

My thoughts exactly. Weird smell but not off putting. It was a healthy application but I still used it in 1 go. I need it.... Opinion - well I'm not an expert on moisturiers but it did feel nice and my skin had a nice shine to it. Jez! I better have a dozen lagers tonight so I don't forget that I'm a bloke.....

justakiwi
14-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Still haven't received mine.

patrick
18-05-2021, 10:26 AM
In the public announcement on 11 th February Brian spoke of the Unconditional Skin release “supported by a high profile multichannel campaign”. I hope it’s not delayed too long; perhaps they are busy trying to get details of the 200 high worth visitors from China the Government is going to host so samples can be delivered.

Leftfield
20-05-2021, 10:13 AM
New e-commerce guru hired. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372502)

Crikey, if we can get BLT to sign up with the marketing guru's at PX1 I'll be laughing.

winner69
20-05-2021, 11:38 AM
New e-commerce guru hired. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/372502)

Crikey, if we can get BLT to sign up with the marketing guru's at PX1 I'll be laughing.

Laura was only at Lion for. Few months ...hmmm

But we should considers ourselves lucky having somebody like this (from LinkedIn)-

Arguably one of the most multi-skilled and multi-talented individuals I have ever worked with, Laura not only possesses an arsenal of attributes across marketing, digital, content, e-commerce and the visual arts, she also has an incredile 'start-up' mentality and determination that would serve any organisation immensely.

justakiwi
20-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Been using the sample for three days now. Don’t mind the smell, but whatever they use in the hydration base, it is very greasy. Much too greasy for my skin. Whoever posted earlier that your face looked “shiny” that’s why ;)

Can’t see any noticeable improvements or changes to my skin, but realistically, any product is going to take more than a few days/applications to see results. I would like to see BliS sell a smaller than standard sized product (but bigger than the sample satchet) for those who are happy to pay for a “trial size.” At least that way you’re not forking out $95 to find out it doesn’t suit your skin/work.

APH1
20-05-2021, 05:07 PM
The moisturizer ran out before the serum in mine. I email the company and they told me this can happen and didn't seem that concerned about it. They said I could continue to use the serum with other moisturizers, I'm not impressed with this as a solution to the problem.
It would be nice if this dispenser was recyclable too.

percy
20-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Laura Grant's appointment as e-Commerce Director is positive, as I think if Bliss has a future it will be driven by online revenue.
Not positive are the product comments.To succeed customers will need to be excited with the product,and want to reorder.
Market cap is still high compared to revenue.

tango
26-05-2021, 03:17 PM
Laura Grant's appointment as e-Commerce Director is positive, as I think if Bliss has a future it will be driven by online revenue.
Not positive are the product comments.To succeed customers will need to be excited with the product,and want to reorder.
Market cap is still high compared to revenue.

It got jacked up by all the Sharetrader people buying in :D

I see that annual results were due out mid May. They seem to be running late
Does anyone know an exact date for the announcements?

winner69
26-05-2021, 03:25 PM
It got jacked up by all the Sharetrader people buying in :D

I see that annual results were due out mid May. They seem to be running late
Does anyone know an exact date for the announcements?

Usually one of the last ones to report .....it will be Friday or Monday I reckon

tango
26-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Usually one of the last ones to report .....it will be Friday or Monday I reckon

Thanks! It’s only a tiny portion of my portfolio but I’m keen to see how they are doing

patrick
26-05-2021, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=tango;887415]It got jacked up by all the Sharetrader people buying in

“jacked up”?

winner69
27-05-2021, 08:38 AM
Blis super efficient this year ..results out

More ups than downs ..that’s good

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/372917/347028.pdf

tango
27-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Overall I’m happy with the result. I’ve been a shareholder on and off since the beginning. At one stage I thought they were never going to deliver. It’s looking more promising now but I still have questions about their marketing

FLLYR: BLT: FY21 Financial Results 08:30a.m.
BLT
27/05/2021 08:30
FLLYR
PRICE SENSITIVE
REL: 0830 HRS Blis Technologies Limited

FLLYR: BLT: FY21 Financial Results

27 May 2021

FY21 Financial Results

Blis Technologies Limited (NZX:BLT) (Blis, the Company) has today reported
its results for the 12 months to 31 March 2021. Blis has delivered revenue of
$10.6 million and EBITDA of $1.0 million. Revenue is in line with market
guidance provided earlier in the year, while EBITDA is at the lower end of
the guidance range.

Key highlights for FY21 are:
o Revenue of $10.6m
o EBITDA of $1.0m
o Net Profit of $0.6m
o Ingredients revenue up 12%
o Finished product sales through e-commerce up 22%
o Pharmacy retail sales down 38%
o New market developments
o Canada launch
o CBEC Tmall flagship store launch
o New probiotic strain and new product range launch
o Commercial release of BLIS Q24(TM)
o Launch of the Unconditional Skincare Co., a skincare
brand based on live probiotics, the first product
being a hydration serum
o Regulatory approvals
o Health Canada approval of finished product range
o BLIS K12(TM) and BLIS M18(TM) approval in India

"The FY21 financial year has been one of significant challenge to Blis.
Changes in market conditions and consumer behaviours provided us with a new
lens to view strategy delivery. Alongside the need to be extremely flexible
under a fast changing environment, we have made significant investment in
future growth drivers" said Blis Chairman, Tony Offen.

"The development of new markets, the launch of our first skincare offering,
and further investment in our future product pipeline are the foundations for
delivery of growth for the company in the medium term" added Blis CEO, Brian
Watson.

"These are all areas that represent several years of work so it's really
pleasing to see the developments progress to the point where they become
revenue drivers rather than in-house projects. All of these developments
occurred in the 4th quarter of the financial year so have had little effect
on revenue for FY21.There has however been considerable upfront investment
added to our cost base. We estimate the cost without matching revenue to be
around $0.9m" commented Mr Watson.

Regional sales performance
Revenue (NZ$m) FY21 FY20 Change %
Asia Pacific 2.4 3.7 -34
Europe/ Middle East 3.1 4.0 -22
North America 5.1 3.0 +71

Over the past 12 months our existing pharmacy retail sales channels have been
significantly impacted by the covid pandemic driven reduction in foot traffic
through retail stores. As consumers have quickly adapted to buying online,
their changed purchasing patterns have prompted us to
accelerate our digital and e-commerce investment and focus.

Markets such as NZ, Australia and Europe with a strong retail presence have
seen a reduction in sales revenue. In the USA where we are heavily focused on
the e-commerce channel through our customer base and our own finished
products on Amazon, sales have performed particularly well, delivering a 71%
increase in revenue.

Outlook
The delivery of meaningful longer-term growth will require ongoing investment
upfront. In the current year, while a return to revenue growth is expected,
there will be increases in costs as part of the strategic evolution to a D2C,
e-commerce, R&D business. Internal capability-building is expected to result
in neutral earnings growth until the benefits of the new strategy are fully
realised.

It is our expectation that, in the longer term, finished products will
comprise the majority of Blis' sales revenue. Investment in innovation and
science will continue, building on our pioneering research heritage, in order
to realise the full potential of probiotics in improving human health and
wellbeing. The assessment of new and emerging market opportunities will be
actively pursued. Collaboration agreements with aligned industry partners
will be actively sought in order to capitalise on the international reach
these opportunities can deliver.

Ends

MarineSalvage
27-05-2021, 09:03 AM
hmmm... anyone else underwhelmed? and with all the fancy new marketing staff (expensive) will we see even worse result next time round???

porkandpuha
27-05-2021, 09:05 AM
hmmm... anyone else underwhelmed? and with all the fancy new marketing staff (expensive) will we see even worse result next time round???

Without the fancy marketing, this company will continue on its usual sideways trajectory. Time to go hard or go home I say.

Leftfield
27-05-2021, 09:06 AM

I'm underwhelmed, but encouraged by the moves to more online sales/less retail as well as USA growth. Let's call it a transition year and hope for better!!

Sideshow Bob
27-05-2021, 09:07 AM

I was just going to post that I was underwhelmed.......glad to see I'm not the only one.

Can have all the scientific evidence you like, but if you can't sell or market the stuff, then have to question.

Been at it for over 20 years. $10m in revenue. But at least they made (a little) money.....

MarineSalvage
27-05-2021, 09:20 AM
70m market cap, 20 years old, half a mill net profit and most of that will be needed for the various new hires - I'd love to be bullish but hmm
I was just going to post that I was underwhelmed.......glad to see I'm not the only one.

Can have all the scientific evidence you like, but if you can't sell or market the stuff, then have to question.

Been at it for over 20 years. $10m in revenue. But at least they made (a little) money.....

nevchev
27-05-2021, 10:04 AM
All in a period when the world is looking for immune boosting products(like the ones blis have)they come out with a beauty product.Great work people!Got to be the best looking corpse in the morgue.

winner69
27-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Blis revenues higher than PEBs .....that’s some effort

...and now higher than my mates MiniMart (not much bigger than a corner dairy

Sideshow Bob
27-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Blis revenues higher than PEBs .....that’s some effort

...and now higher than my mates MiniMart (not much bigger than a corner dairy

Comparing against PEB revenue is a pretty low bar. How will be comparison be in 12 months time??

Albeit BLT market cap is more than 12x less than PEB.....

As per Mainland ad.....good things take time. Ay W69.

emearg
27-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Without the fancy marketing, this company will continue on its usual sideways trajectory. Time to go hard or go home I say.

Agreed. Folks have been commenting for a fair few years this company has been run by scientists but now actually need good management and marketing to make it successful. Well now that is what they are doing. Let's hope it works, but I doubt it will happen over night. I don't think now is the right time to abandon the ship, but I know others won't agree.

winner69
27-05-2021, 07:03 PM
Comparing against PEB revenue is a pretty low bar. How will be comparison be in 12 months time??

Albeit BLT market cap is more than 12x less than PEB.....

As per Mainland ad.....good things take time. Ay W69.

Wonder what a block of Mainland looks like / tastes after 20 years

porkandpuha
27-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Agreed. Folks have been commenting for a fair few years this company has been run by scientists but now actually need good management and marketing to make it successful. Well now that is what they are doing. Let's hope it works, but I doubt it will happen over night. I don't think now is the right time to abandon the ship, but I know others won't agree.

Certainly looked like some were abandoning ship this afternoon...

For now I will continue to hold as a single digit percentage of my portfolio but todays announcement doesnt excite me enough to top up on the dip.

patrick
10-06-2021, 10:32 AM
Anyone else noticed that 4 or 5 “skin cream” cosmetic Companies now have adds on TV One and one of them, Lancôme, refers to Microbiome, a word I had not heard before Unconditional Skin used it.
Might they have some concerns?
The push about the Skin Pledge and “ all skin is beautiful and should get unconditional love” seems a bit of a contradiction, in my eyes, to “ buy our product for the improvement of your skin.” Any thoughts?
As earlier disclosed I found the product good but worry about this latest message.

Leon
05-07-2021, 02:21 PM
Everything is so quiet with a languishing share price.

winner69
05-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Everything is so quiet with a languishing share price.

That’s what happens with companies that don’t really have a future

One day, maybe, a white Knight will ride into town and put them out their misery

forest
05-07-2021, 02:54 PM

One day, maybe, a white Knight will ride into town and put them out their misery

What about the potential Winner?
The company has now (2021 financial year) for the second time in a row made a profit and expect to make a profit again in the 2022 financial year. Seems to be hard pleasing you.

forest
05-07-2021, 02:54 PM

What about the potential Winner?
The company has now (2021 financial year) for the second time in a row made a profit and expect to make a profit again in the 2022 financial year. Seems to be hard pleasing you.

pierre
05-07-2021, 09:19 PM
Ive been holding BLT since 2005 and am on the right side with my substantial holding owing me less than 2c each.

BUT... I'm starting to feel like a Warriors fan - wearing the jersey to every game and cheering the team on but being consistently disappointed with the erratic nature of the results of the games.

Or maybe it's like taking the same Lotto numbers every time and being scared to miss a week in case that's the day the numbers come up.

The ridiculously dumb advertising for the new skincare product has got me riled up and is tempting me to quit. It seems crazy promoting an expensive bottle of stuff to enhance your skin by telling potential consumers "your skin is enough." Its like trying to flog a new BMW by saying "your old bike is OK".

I dont think it works and I suspect the product is not really gaining any traction in thevmarket. It will probably end up melting away like the Blis icecream all those years ago.

So many BLT initiatives have started with great fanfares but have come to zilch with blame sheeted home to hopeless distributors, regulatory issues or some other lame excuse.

Despite al this whinging, Im trekking to Dunedin again in a couple of weeks to attend the AGM. I want to look Brian Watson, Julie Curphey and others in the eyes while they give me five good reasons I should remain a shareholder and tell me when the Blis ship will finally come in.

I'm a patient investor, but after 16 years on the BLT register it is starting to wear a bit thin.

I might buy a Lotto ticket and back the Warriors to win their next game - maybe one (or both) of those might produce a better outcome than BLT appears capable of achieving at the moment.

emearg
05-07-2021, 09:46 PM
The ridiculously dumb advertising for the new skincare product has got me riled up and is tempting me to quit. It seems crazy promoting an expensive bottle of stuff to enhance your skin by telling potential consumers "your skin is enough." Its like trying to flog a new BMW by saying "your old bike is OK".

Dunno. Having been observing their approach on Instagram for a couple of months it seems to be resonating pretty well with people. Maybe as male shareholders we're not gonna get it quite as readily as some? Maybe as long suffering shareholders we are inclined to think the worst?

One example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzB2qVsl2Y/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Maybe only time will tell? I would love you to hit them up at the AGM for some sale data.

winner69
06-07-2021, 08:54 AM
Ive been holding BLT since 2005 and am on the right side with my substantial holding owing me less than 2c each.

BUT... I'm starting to feel like a Warriors fan - wearing the jersey to every game and cheering the team on but being consistently disappointed with the erratic nature of the results of the games.

Or maybe it's like taking the same Lotto numbers every time and being scared to miss a week in case that's the day the numbers come up.

I dont think it works and I suspect the product is not really gaining any traction in thevmarket. It will probably end up melting away like the Blis icecream all those years ago.

So many BLT initiatives have started with great fanfares but have come to zilch with blame sheeted home to hopeless distributors, regulatory issues or some other lame excuse.

Despite al this whinging, Im trekking to Dunedin again in a couple of weeks to attend the AGM. I want to look Brian Watson, Julie Curphey and others in the eyes while they give me five good reasons I should remain a shareholder and tell me when the Blis ship will finally come in.

I'm a patient investor, but after 16 years on the BLT register it is starting to wear a bit thin.

I might buy a Lotto ticket and back the Warriors to win their next game - maybe one (or both) of those might produce a better outcome than BLT appears capable of achieving at the moment.

That’s one really sad story pierre. It’s almost like you have lost a soulmate, a soulmate of 16 years.

Maybe graeme’s post will cheer you up …go look at the chicks with glowing skin that will never age.

This year won’t be ‘our year’ for the ‘Warriors’ but next year will be ‘this is our year’.

And how about the English footie team winning Euro, so ‘it’s coming home’ is a reality.

Hang in there mate ….next year Warriors will win, England will be still be Euro champions ……and Blis will fulfill their full potential

Baa_Baa
06-07-2021, 09:44 AM

... Hang in there mate ….next year Warriors will win, England will be still be Euro champions ……and Blis will fulfill their full potential

What a difference a day makes.

Arthur
06-07-2021, 10:01 AM
Dunedin had a marketing plan "A pretty good plan D" that was widely condemned by the local talk back type crowd as ineffective and a waste of money. The results seem to suggest that the marketers knew more than them.

winner69
06-07-2021, 10:07 AM
What a difference a day makes.

Was trying to console somebody who was feeling sad and obviously doesn’t want to break up with his soul mate

Next year will be their year, just like the Warriors ….keep the faith

fungus pudding
06-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Dunedin had a marketing plan "A pretty good plan D" that was widely condemned by the local talk back type crowd as ineffective and a waste of money. The results seem to suggest that the marketers knew more than them.

Where's the proof that the marketing campaign worked? Maybe it was other factors at work. Covid played a major part in internal travel, so it's hard to assess that campaign. The motel assn. survey their guests to establish their motivation as much as possible. I have spoken to a couple of operators who have had solid bookings (Dunedin. motels always do) and been told that NZers have just been touring around as they've lost the option of the annual trip to Surfers, the Gold coast, Bali or other overseas destination. It would be interesting to see their members' surveys.

Leftfield
06-07-2021, 11:07 AM
Crikey! Pierre is the one who taught me patience. Scary to see him questioning his investment but pleased that he is going to Dunedin, and look fwd to his report.

FWIW I think we have to let the new digital strategy unfold a bit longer and see BLT's FY22 revenue projections.

To me, the strategy looks promising tho' I appreciate it is targeted to a market segment/generation that I barely understand.

Sideshow Bob
06-07-2021, 12:50 PM

Pretty clear to me the Blis' marketing rates a D (or maybe even an E).

Very apt to compare with the Warriors.....

Although they haven't been around as long as the Warriors (1995), but end of July will see Blis mark 20 years as a listed company!!

Not a holder. I want to believe in the company, but just can't.

ecuttel
06-07-2021, 12:51 PM
More advertising in Canada.... not sure how large of following the TV show has....
https://youtu.be/TwLPxvlzpGw

MarineSalvage
06-07-2021, 01:32 PM
I’m genuinely interested as to what the plan D has delivered? Aside from more expensive new staff?

winner69
06-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Wonder how the TMall shop is going

Arthur
06-07-2021, 01:53 PM
I’m genuinely interested as to what the plan D has delivered? Aside from more expensive new staff?

I don't have a copy of the report with me, but it showed awareness up and relative Kiwi visitor numbers increasing over and above similar NZ destinations.

fungus pudding
06-07-2021, 02:10 PM

So am I. As far as I can determine it hasn't done much in visitor numbers although it did raise awareness. But I'd like to see a comprehensive analysis. Apart from that - we seem to have drifted way off the topic of the thread.

peat
06-07-2021, 02:39 PM

watching the webinar...

fungus pudding
06-07-2021, 02:45 PM

watching the webinar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crHWP689qek

Arthur
06-07-2021, 05:02 PM
At the last AGM the directors said that they realised their limitations at skin care marketers and were hiring people who knew and lived in the target market. It will be interesting to hear any further updates. Thanks emearg The Instagram post looks interesting. Kim has 76,000 followers, the post has 1500 likes.

emearg
06-07-2021, 05:34 PM

watching the webinar...

Have you got a link please? FPs link is about a corner dairy not Blis Probiotics.

pierre
06-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Crikey! Pierre is the one who taught me patience. Scary to see him questioning his investment but pleased that he is going to Dunedin, and look fwd to his report.

FWIW I think we have to let the new digital strategy unfold a bit longer and see BLT's FY22 revenue projections.

To me, the strategy looks promising tho' I appreciate it is targeted to a market segment/generation that I barely understand.

Hi LF.
I feel a bit better now I've had my rant but as a marketer in my previous and current life, I just don't get the strategy for BLTs skincare promotion.

I know I'm nowhere near the target market but my wife tried the product, isn't interested in a repeat purchase and thinks the messaging is a bit loopy too.

I'll be sending a few questions to Brian in advance of the ASM and happy to add others you or any other STers would like answered at the meeting.

Just PM me with your questions and I'll add them to my list.

Maybe there might be some positive news at the meeting. Maybe the Canada launch was a sensational success and I will be proved totally wrong about Unconditional Skincare.

In that case all will be forgiven and my romance with BLT will continue - with no more Warriors analogies. :)

Winner: Thanks for your kind words mate. Nice to see your softer side on display. Haha.

emearg
06-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Wonder how the TMall shop is going

About 6,000 units sold it appears. So rather slowly.

Update: Actually that count excludes the fresh breath kit and the honey lozenge but I can't see numbers for those. So more than 6,000 presumably but I'm going to go wild and say <7,000

Leftfield
07-07-2021, 08:02 AM
Hi Pierre,

Glad you feel better after your rant.

FWIW while I have done well out of BLT in the past, my current holding (much smaller than yours, I suspect,) has a big ? over it. I think the Unconditional Skincare model is a good one, but is hampered by a single product focus. It would be much more credible to offer a range of similar products in my view. Other (cheaper) moisturisers, even a lip balm? Also the current Blis website (which is a much better improvement than in the past) should link to Unconditional or expand their products selling opportunities IMO.

I hold 8 stocks in my portfolio and only add another if I remove the worst performer. BLT is my worst performer currently.

Will it stay, will it go? Like you I await the meeting with interest.

winner69
07-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Seems a pretty compelling deal

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/375196/349776.pdf

winner69
07-07-2021, 08:47 AM
Good news eh pierre - 2022 is going to be a 'this is our year' for Blis

Even giving away 13% of the company won't stop that

Leftfield
07-07-2021, 08:47 AM
Crikey .... they must have been reading Pierre's concerns.

The difference a day makes.

Good news indeed (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/375206). Should boost the SP.

winner69
07-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Crikey .... they must have been reading Pierre's concerns.

The difference a day makes.

Good news indeed (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/375206). Should boost the SP.

Yes its good hey come out with news stories

Its the power of the story that drives corporate value (ie share price) , adding substance to numbers and persuading even the likes of you and pierre to stick it out until that value is realised

Leftfield
07-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Yep, guess the power of the story will keep me holding.......

Must say tho' I would prefer a FA value reason to hold...... mind you that's not always what small cap investing is about.

winner69
07-07-2021, 09:38 AM
I hope Blis are going to sell stuff and make money with this partnership and iits main peupose is notto get scientists salivating with the prospect of collaboration in R&D -- as they say to leverage joint strengths in probiotic innovation to build product innovation pipeline.

RGR367
07-07-2021, 09:48 AM
Yup. Hell of a better news this one as I'm also thinking of ditching all of it if the AGM is just but another wait of several more years. Got into it late 2015 and I could only show a high 5 digit paper profit as of yesterday's sp to which is really a rubbish outcome of having invested on it. I'm probably emo attached to it too after all the years :mad ;:
So what do we say? Give it another 2 years max from hereon?

winner69
07-07-2021, 09:53 AM
Share price 10 cents by tomorrow's close?

porkandpuha
07-07-2021, 10:04 AM
I have had worse mornings as a Blis holder. The market likes, and so do I.

forest
07-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Share price 10 cents by tomorrow's close?

Are you starting to see some potential in this company? ;)

forest
07-07-2021, 10:07 AM

winner69
07-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Are you starting to see some potential in this company? ;)

'Potential' maybe but in short /medium term its all about sentiment and market reaction to news / stories that may lead to nought

But you already knew that didn't you forest

JohnnyTheHorse
07-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Jeez not sure who's buying at 8 right now... good to see FOMO still alive and well.

Leftfield
07-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Seems the market likes the story..... up 40% on early trading.

No worries, Winner.

Sideshow Bob
07-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Jeez not sure who's buying at 8 right now... good to see FOMO still alive and well.

That is pretty keen buying - albeit not unseen territory previously.

JohnnyTheHorse
07-07-2021, 10:46 AM
That is pretty keen buying - albeit not unseen territory previously.

That is true, but this type of price action nearly always follows the same pattern. If you haven't bought on the open or immediately after then never chase it. Wait for the pullback.

percy
07-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Well I missed out at 6.1 at the open.
Should the market come back that far this afternoon, my bid may get hit,but a lot of big numbers in front of me.
Either I get them or I don't.
Best wishes to holders.

nevchev
07-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Not sure what to make of this.They get royalties from allowing them to manufacture and sell Blis strains that they then on sell directly to our competition?I must be reading this wrong!

pierre
07-07-2021, 11:28 AM
I've been busy this morning and just logged in to read today's totally unexpected news. While l felt a bit better after venting about BLT a couple of days ago - today's release is a major health booster!

The SP has followed the usual pattern of Blis announcements so I hope not too many were burnt leaping in at the start of trading.

It's great that the company gets a capital injection for development - that's an issue I raised with Brian Watson at the shareholders meeting a couple of years ago - so those funds should help give the company a good kick along. Hopefully some of the dollars will be used for some new marketing initiatives too.

I note from the slide presentation that Probi has a market cap of NZD 1.17B compared with BLT's $82M so NZ is very much the junior player in this game.

Still, today's news gives me renewed hope that my long standing support of BLT will be rewarded and I can once again put my shares in the bottom drawer and focus on other things. Maybe I will now stay on board till my 20th anniversary as a holder in 2025 - and the SP will have risen to 20 cents, making BLT a 10 bagger for me. :t_up:

I'm looking forward to the meeting in Dunedin in a couple of week's time and will probably be a lot kinder to the Board and executive team than I originally intended.

Bonne chance to all holders.

bullfrog
07-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Interesting that the CEO of probi is joining the BLIS board, the CEO and not a regional group manager. Given the size of probi, it’s good to have direct contact with their CEO and not get lost in the conglomerates machinery of business. Also the 13% buy in, rather than an agreement of supply etc. Doesn’t take much to join those dots.

Sideshow Bob
07-07-2021, 11:50 AM
As an aside, how much longer has BLT got on their patents/IP? (Given they've been at it for 20 years).

psychic
07-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Seems like a good deal for Probi and a roll over by Blis?

fungus pudding
07-07-2021, 11:55 AM
As an aside, how much longer has BLT got on their patents/IP? (Given they've been at it for 20 years).

Patents last 20 years.

Sideshow Bob
07-07-2021, 04:08 PM
That is true, but this type of price action nearly always follows the same pattern. If you haven't bought on the open or immediately after then never chase it. Wait for the pullback.

Good call.

Still up 30% for the day though!

winner69
07-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Blis market cap up 51% today - that's a huge vote of support for the way forward

Close tomorrow at 8 cents we have a $100m company - pretty cool eh

emearg
07-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Interesting that the CEO of probi is joining the BLIS board, the CEO and not a regional group manager. Given the size of probi, it’s good to have direct contact with their CEO and not get lost in the conglomerates machinery of business. Also the 13% buy in, rather than an agreement of supply etc. Doesn’t take much to join those dots.

Yes that is rather pleasing. That does suggest they are taking Blis seriously...beyond the normal press releases. That and the 9.2 million. Probably fairly small change for them, but still money they would rather not throw away I'm sure.

Their press release: https://www.probi.com/press-releases/2021/07/probi-acquires-newly-issued-shares-in-new-zealand-s-blis-technologies-and-enters-into-a-strategic-partnership/

Probi acquires newly issued shares in New Zealand's Blis Technologies and enters into a strategic partnershipProbi has invested approximately NZD 9 million in newly issued shares in Blis Technologies Ltd, corresponding to a 13% ownership. The investment is part of a long-term strategic collaboration between the companies.
Blis Technologies, which is listed on the New Zealand stock exchange NZX, is an innovative probiotic company with clinically documented bacterial strains for supporting our natural immune defense, preventing infections of the mouth and throat. The strains also contribute to a healthy set of teeth and gums. Blis’ clinically documented strains have a long and successful history of use in New Zealand, Australia and Asia, as well as in Europe and in North America.
Long-term strategic partnership
In connection with the investment, Probi® and Blis have signed a licensing and distribution agreement which means that Probi will manufacture Blis bacterial strains and offer these to Probi's customers around the world. The companies will furthermore collaborate in research and development.
“This is a very exciting partnership for Probi, Blis is an innovative and dynamic company with a high scientific profile supporting its products and a long history of research. Through this partnership, we will be able to broaden our portfolio with more health areas and strengthen our position within clinically documented bacterial strains. At the same time, we can utilize our greater production capacity effectively and thereby contribute to higher profitability for both Probi and Blis,” says Tom Rönnlund, CEO of Probi.
“We are very pleased to have a company like Probi both as an owner and partner. With Probi, we get a strong partner who can offer high-quality production of our probiotic strains and who has a strong position in the American market where we see great potential for our products. With the capital injection from the new share issue, we will also be able to continue to develop new products with Probi,” says Brian Watson, CEO of Blis Technologies.
“We aim to initiate production of Blis products from Q4 this year. In parallel, we will roll out Blis bacterial strains in our portfolio during the autumn,” Tom concludes.
Through the investment, Probi will become the 2nd largest shareholder in Blis and will also have its own board representative in the company. The investment will be reported as a financial investment in Probi's balance sheet. The share acquisition is being financed through liquid funds and Probi has a medium to long-term perspective on its holding in Blis. In connection with the subscription of the newly issued shares, Probi has undertaken not to sell the shares within a twelve-month period.

The second to last paragraph with their timelines is interesting.

emearg
07-07-2021, 08:03 PM
Blis market cap up 51% today - that's a huge vote of support for the way forward

Close tomorrow at 8 cents we have a $100m company - pretty cool eh

51% ? Closed up 31.58% according to https://www.nzx.com/instruments/Blt

Leftfield
07-07-2021, 08:04 PM
I reckon this news is a Game Changer for BLT ....( similar to the McD buy-in with PX1.)

More highs tomorrow.

emearg
07-07-2021, 08:06 PM
More of their marketing for you to judge: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRA2jubntAY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

emearg
07-07-2021, 08:10 PM
I reckon this news is a Game Changer for BLT ....( similar to the McD buy-in with PX1.)

More highs tomorrow.

Dunno...but given the volume traded today it certainly is a possibility.

winner69
07-07-2021, 08:12 PM
51% ? Closed up 31.58% according to https://www.nzx.com/instruments/Blt

There’s heaps more shares now ….market cap is number of shares x price

pierre
07-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Deleted......

emearg
07-07-2021, 08:30 PM
There’s heaps more shares now ….market cap is number of shares x price

Oh right...got it. Thanks.

Rawz
07-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Were any revenue numbers mentioned? They are doing $10m revenue now with $1m profit? $100m company?

This looks like the usual BLT partnership/distribution agreement. Lots of excitement that fizzles out to poor sales growth.
But the fact that the other side put cold hard cash on the table and the CEO is joining the board makes it feel completely different. Feels like this time is for real.

Annoyingly I think this is far better for Probi- they are getting 20 years of work, they get to manufacture it and then sell it and pay a license fee (how much?). They also get to tap into the brains trust at Bliss with the R&D sharing agreement.

But what are you going to do when BLT haven't had any luck selling this stuff in any great numbers. BLT good at science. Bad at selling.

Overall good for BLT.

emearg
07-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Another new initiative for Blis:

https://blisingredients.com/pages/private-label-probiotics

Registered in late Feb this year.

emearg
07-07-2021, 09:14 PM
Annoyingly I think this is far better for Probi- they are getting 20 years of work, they get to manufacture it and then sell it and pay a license fee (how much?).

On the conference call this morning Brian said they had been able to negotiate licencing terms that were "very attractive".

porkandpuha
07-07-2021, 10:29 PM
More of their marketing for you to judge: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRA2jubntAY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Averaging 17 views per hour :scared: Ah well, not a day for negatives

peat
08-07-2021, 12:20 PM
Have you got a link please? FPs link is about a corner dairy not Blis Probiotics.

sorry for slow response

may be overshadowed by new news but the blis presentation starts at 23:30

https://youtu.be/agkUzzyjaAg

emearg
08-07-2021, 08:02 PM
sorry for slow response

may be overshadowed by new news but the blis presentation starts at 23:30

https://youtu.be/agkUzzyjaAg

Interesting. I had no idea the NZX did these things each month. Cheers

Leftfield
15-07-2021, 12:24 PM
BLT launching fresh marketing...... Good to see this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qExXRrq2k)

winner69
15-07-2021, 12:30 PM
BLT launching fresh marketing...... Good to see this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qExXRrq2k)

That's just plain weird

At least I got the view count up - important metric that

winner69
15-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Professor John in the clip that followed is quite impressive

Leftfield
15-07-2021, 12:50 PM
That's just plain weird.........At least I got the view count up - important metric that

Winner, I suspect you and I are excluded from the 'target market demographics' for their new digital marketing.

On that basis alone it's bound to be a success!

winner69
15-07-2021, 12:56 PM
Winner, I suspect you and I are excluded from the 'target market demographics' for their new digital marketing.

On that basis alone it's bound to be a success!

Do you think the 'target market' can concentrate for 3 minutes to get to the end?

artemis
15-07-2021, 03:12 PM
I thought the clip was effective, starting out as a story and bringing in the Blis message (the age-old good v 'evil') quite subtly towards the end. Blis could rinse and repeat with different stories.

patrick
15-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Ruby Jones is a great choice as the person to spread the word.
Well done team

patrick
15-07-2021, 04:46 PM
Well done team

winner69
15-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Well done team

Ruby once said about her success “'Overnight success is 20 years in the making',"

Maybe Blis is going to be an overnight success one day soon.

emearg
16-07-2021, 05:07 PM
Looks like the marketing team are now running after years at a crawl(or still in the womb). Let's see how they go.

Claire seems happy with the Q24 product (review taken from Instagram):
"This serum has transformed my skin and this is no exaggeration. Before using it I was struggling with a chronic rash that moved around my face, even steroid creams didn't get rid of it. But after only a few days of using the serum the rash had gone. Completely. As well as clearing this rash, the serum has improved my skin texture and tone. My skin looks thicker and stronger and the adult acne breakouts I've had throughout adulthood have all but gone. I cannot recommend this serum enough."

Even old blokes can probably agree that word of mouth is the best advertising, so Claire sharing her discovery with her friends and family should result in a few sales. And let's remember that Instagram and other social media are all about word of mouth.

Leftfield
18-07-2021, 09:12 AM
"This serum has transformed my skin and this is no exaggeration. Before using it I was struggling with a chronic rash that moved around my face, even steroid creams didn't get rid of it. But after only a few days of using the serum the rash had gone. Completely. As well as clearing this rash, the serum has improved my skin texture and tone. My skin looks thicker and stronger and the adult acne breakouts I've had throughout adulthood have all but gone. I cannot recommend this serum enough."

Great endorsement, thanks for posting.

winner69
18-07-2021, 01:51 PM
Looks like the marketing team are now running after years at a crawl(or still in the womb). Let's see how they go.

Even old blokes can probably agree that word of mouth is the best advertising, so Claire sharing her discovery with her friends and family should result in a few sales. And let's remember that Instagram and other social media are all about word of mouth.

Multiplier effect could be huge

If only 100 of Claire’s thousands of followers try it and rave about then 100 of each of their followers try it …….wow

I’ve sent an email to Brian that they should regularly report some key marketing metrics …..something we could use to guess how sales are growing.

Leftfield
18-07-2021, 03:06 PM
Multiplier effect could be huge

If only 100 of Claire’s thousands of followers try it and rave about then 100 of each of their followers try it …….wow

I’ve sent an email to Brian that they should regularly report some key marketing metrics …..something we could use to guess how sales are growing.

Your scepticism is well founded Winner. One good review isn't going to change the world, tho' it does give me a tinge of optimism that maybe their new product is more than just hype.

I wish you success with Brian......facts rather than mere optimism... would be a big help to holders.

emearg
18-07-2021, 05:05 PM
Your scepticism is well founded Winner. One good review isn't going to change the world, tho' it does give me a tinge of optimism that maybe their new product is more than just hype.

I wish you success with Brian......facts rather than mere optimism... would be a big help to holders.

Always hard to tell with W69 if he is being sarcastic. Well to be fair it's normally easy to tell that he is being sarcastic. On the odd occasions when I'm not sure I just assume it is slightly more subtle than normal. Gotta love em :)

patrick
18-07-2021, 05:15 PM

One thing for sure. Claire’s sharing of results will have more influence than Patrick’s very positive review a couple of months ago.
patrick

emearg
18-07-2021, 05:23 PM
There was another one I saw a few weeks back that was from a woman with 19k followers stating how amazing the product was because her usual hormonal acne that occurs each month wasn't an issue for her. It will be interesting to see if there is any mention of it in the next week or three. She posts a million photos so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out if the good results repeat themselves. A wee bit weird but you know...market research and all :)

winner69
18-07-2021, 07:24 PM
There was another one I saw a few weeks back that was from a woman with 19k followers stating how amazing the product was because her usual hormonal acne that occurs each month wasn't an issue for her. It will be interesting to see if there is any mention of it in the next week or three. She posts a million photos so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out if the good results repeat themselves. A wee bit weird but you know...market research and all :)

What other gems you found graeme

Do Blis use TikTok - i’m told that’s the new big thing.

emearg
18-07-2021, 08:04 PM
What other gems you found graeme

Do Blis use TikTok - i’m told that’s the new big thing.

I've never been on TikTok before you asked but a quick search on their site suggests the answer is no.

winner69
21-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Pretty enthusiastic ASM - even if it seemed and sounded like an advertising campaign or even the opening night of an election campaign

whatever enthusiasm goes a long way and the market should react accordingly

Looking forward to a share price of 10 cents soon

winner69
21-07-2021, 12:56 PM
Pretty enthusiastic ASM - even if it seemed and sounded like an advertising campaign or even the opening night of an election campaign

whatever enthusiasm goes a long way and the market should react accordingly

Looking forward to a share price of 10 cents soon

emearg
21-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Was anyone at the AGM. Any thoughts? How were the refreshments?

emearg
21-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Was anyone at the AGM. Any thoughts? How were the refreshments?

forest
22-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Refreshments were top quality.
Thoughts uhmm, potential is the best I can think of.
This company started as a very science focus company. Now it has develop products which they think have commercial value. The company is now focussing on its marketing.
They seem to have a credible marketing team however we have not seen that reflected in the revenue numbers so far.
Lots of ideas and collaboration with others.
Interesting is a probiotic toothpaste which is in development.

Arthur
22-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Random thoughts...
K12 is off patent, yet Probi (one of their largest buyers) still saw fit to chuck capital into the pot instead of going it alone. That gives me hope.
Skin is NZ only while they iron out any issues. They estimate their skincare niche will have a market value of US$3 billion a year by 2030.
The incentive scheme is company wide, which is great.
The company is on a projected PE of about of about 150, so there is alot of weight on the shoulders of the marketing team.
If Canada is half as successful as NZ or a major influencer on Tmall does an endorsement the profit projections will prove very conservative.

Arthur
22-07-2021, 01:13 PM
Hi LF.
I feel a bit better now I've had my rant but as a marketer in my previous and current life, I just don't get the strategy for BLTs skincare promotion.

I know I'm nowhere near the target market but my wife tried the product, isn't interested in a repeat purchase and thinks the messaging is a bit loopy too.

I'll be sending a few questions to Brian in advance of the ASM and happy to add others you or any other STers would like answered at the meeting.

Just PM me with your questions and I'll add them to my list.

Maybe there might be some positive news at the meeting. Maybe the Canada launch was a sensational success and I will be proved totally wrong about Unconditional Skincare.

In that case all will be forgiven and my romance with BLT will continue - with no more Warriors analogies. :)

Winner: Thanks for your kind words mate. Nice to see your softer side on display. Haha.
I was waiting with baited breath for your questions Pierre.
Did you get anything useful out of Brian? Did he answer the questions you forwarded at the ASM? If you had a teen daughter with a skin condition, would your wife suggest she try Q24 to see if it helped?

pierre
22-07-2021, 02:56 PM
I attended The BLT ASM along with about 50 other pretty passive shareholders. No fireworks of any kind and very few questions - mine were answered in the presentations.

The addresses from the chairman and the CEO were long on promises but short on detail as to the financial benefits those promises will deliver.

My executive summary is:
a) Good things are coming - yes I know we’ve heard it many times before - but the Probi collaboration is significant. BLT don’t know, or wont tell, how much extra revenue to expect. The best I could get from Brian is that despite a slow first quarter ($1.8m), FY22 revenue will definitely exceed the $10.6m achieved in FY21 and FY20.
b) They are investing for growth (more marketing, people and product development) so don’t expect much initial upward movement on the bottom line.
c) In short, shareholder patience is again (or still) being tested but has a good chance of being rewarded – eventually.

Key takeouts:

The Probi connection is a game changer - their $9m capital injection provides BLT with cash for greater and faster growth.
Lots of new stuff in development (eg probiotic toothpaste) and Blis branding of Probi products will significantly expand the current range. Probi will use BLT to expand their range too - they currently sell in 40 markets!
Staff numbers now 29 and expected to double over the next 2-3 years if sales targets are met.
Key markets for ingredient sales growth are USA, Japan and China.
The company has a Long Term Incentive (LTI) plan to attract and reward key personnel. Exercising rights to the shares requires minimum compound annual growth of 15% per annum in profits and share price. (That could see the SP at 11c+ in 3 years time).
After the issue to Probi, BLT now has 1.2 billion shares issued so consolidation is finally being considered.

Speaking to Brian after the meeting he seemed very upbeat about prospects but totally avoided specifics. Told him my wife would not be a repeat buyer of the Skincare product. He said the target market is millennials who are prepared to spend big on beauty. (My wife is not a millennial but doesn't seem to stop her spending heaps on cosmetics - just not more of this one.) NZ being used as a test for skincare marketing and will be refined for launch into other markets, especially USA. Addressable market is huge. E-commerce is key focus for sales growth following success during the Covid period.

The Probi connection, focus on sales/marketing and the LTI plan, give me confidence that the company is heading for bigger, better and brighter things - it wont happen overnight though!
I'm continuing to hold.

winner69
22-07-2021, 02:58 PM
First quarter performance pretty uninspiring

Sales a meagre $1.8m and Ebitda LOSS $1.2m

Magnitude of sales hard to comprehend, especially in view of the hype. Comes in at about $138,000 a week …..my mate with 2 mini marts probably sold more

winner69
22-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Thanks for your update Pierre

Let’s keep the faith eh ….2022 big year for Blis, England will bring the World Cup home and ‘this is our year’ will finally come true for the Worriers.

winner69
22-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Jeez lots of new hires ….hope they don’t get in each other’s way

Total cost of these 7?

Number of employees >$100k increasing

Suppose it’s called investing to win

Leftfield
22-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the update Pierre. Very pleased you used the words I used when I first read of the Probi deal.

'Game Changer.'

Beautiful words.

winner69
22-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Don’t forget what Ruby said -

”'Overnight success is 20 years in the making',

emearg
22-07-2021, 04:40 PM
Probi released their latest results last week and their CEO commented on a number of topics over seven paragraphs. One paragraph, by far the longest was about Blis. I know it's not all about size...perhaps I'm just being hopeful.

We continue to have considerable ambition to grow both organically and through acquisitions. After the end of the quarter, we made an investment in the New Zealand company Blis Technologies. The investment is part of a long-term strategic partnership and an important piece of the puzzle to grow in new health areas and increase profitability through greater capacity utilization of our production resources. Through Blis, we have access to a portfolio of clinically documented bacterial strains within the ear, nose and throat health, which are areas that are relatively uncharted for Probi. In addition to the commercial agreement, we will collaborate within R&D to evaluate new attractive products. Blis is listed on the New Zealand stock exchange NZX and we will be an active owner, including through board representation.

emearg
22-07-2021, 04:41 PM
First quarter performance pretty uninspiring

Sales a meagre $1.8m and Ebitda LOSS $1.2m

Magnitude of sales hard to comprehend, especially in view of the hype. Comes in at about $138,000 a week …..my mate with 2 mini marts probably sold more

I bet he doesn't but 1.8 million seems rather pathetic. Anybody looked back at previous years to see how Q1 normally performs? Simla...where are ya?

emearg
22-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Random thoughts...
K12 is off patent.

I'm not sure that is quite true? There are many patents around K12 that are still current. I have no expertise in patent law but I do wonder. If you gloogle 'Blis Technologies Patent' you will see what I mean. Interested in peoples thoughts but I just don't think it is as clear cut as the first patent has now expired and therefore it is open season for other companies to run with K12.

emearg
22-07-2021, 04:55 PM
There are now 18 reviews for the skincare product. The comments are quite interesting. It certainly makes me think they have actually made a product that people want.

One of the patents for Q24 makes interesting reading and has provided some insights into where they make take this product, and also aligns with some of the feedback:
https://patents.justia.com/patent/8283136

bullfrog
22-07-2021, 05:27 PM
I tuned in remotely, and was struck by the difference between the probi and blis CEOs. One spoke straight to the camera, was confident and sincere; the other read from a prepared statement, seemed less confident, was guarded. What’s so hard about talking to slides it’s all there, just tell the story!!! Phew, got that off my chest.

Good summary Pierre, the lack of detail was glaringly obvious, but early days, exciting days for blis. I guess my biggest takeaway is that blis now forms part of probi’s CEOs performance review, he’s got skin in the game, and he’ll be answerable to probi shareholders if blis isn’t a stellar success. I bet you he hasn’t tied himself to a hopeless case. Exciting days for blis IMO.

pierre
23-07-2021, 05:52 PM
I tuned in remotely, and was struck by the difference between the probi and blis CEOs. One spoke straight to the camera, was confident and sincere; the other read from a prepared statement, seemed less confident, was guarded. What’s so hard about talking to slides it’s all there, just tell the story!!! Phew, got that off my chest.

I agree Tom Ronnlund from Probi presented extremely well and sounded supremely confident - but I'm sure he wasn't speaking totally off the cuff! Being a company CEO does not automatically make every incumbent a first-class public speaker - even with a set of slides and notes in front of them.

I think Brian Watson is leading BLT in the right direction with his focus on sales expansion, new product innovation and the Probi collaboration. If all goes well I am picking that Probi's interest wont stop at holding just 13% of the capital - though I hope us long suffering shareholders will enjoy a lot more growth before the eventual takeover bid arrives

winner69
23-07-2021, 06:12 PM
I agree Tom Ronnlund from Probi presented extremely well and sounded supremely confident - but I'm sure he wasn't speaking totally off the cuff! Being a company CEO does not automatically make every incumbent a first-class public speaker - even with a set of slides and notes in front of them.

I think Brian Watson is leading BLT in the right direction with his focus on sales expansion, new product innovation and the Probi collaboration. If all goes well I am picking that Probi's interest wont stop at holding just 13% of the capital - though I hope us long suffering shareholders will enjoy a lot more growth before the eventual takeover bid arrives

Takeover …wash your mouth out

NZ can’t afford to sell great innovative companies to foreigners (on the cheap)

pierre
23-07-2021, 08:39 PM

I totally agree. Doesn't mean it wont happen at some future date though.

fungus pudding
24-07-2021, 09:31 AM

NZ doesn't own the outfit.

emearg
29-07-2021, 07:03 PM
There are now 18 reviews for the skincare product. The comments are quite interesting. It certainly makes me think they have actually made a product that people want

Just to keep BLT on or near page 1 on ST I note there are a couple more reviews since I posted this:
WowCeleste on Jul 28, 2021
I cannot recommend this product enough. It has completely changed my skin. It’s softer, all my eczema on my face has gone, and I don’t get break outs anymore. Very hydrating also so no more dry skin too. Fantastic product.

Report as Inappropriate (https://unconditionalskin.com/products/live-probiotic-hydration-serum#)

Unconditionally good!JILLY on Jul 27, 2021
I’m a fan of this product having used it twice a day for three weeks. I suffer with dry sensitive skin & occasional dermatitis. It’s a relief to put steroid creams away & look forward to my skin continuing to show improvement.

emearg
03-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Just to keep BLT on or near page 1 on ST I note there are a couple more reviews since I posted this

Quoting myself...kinda sad.

Several more to add before BLT drops off page two of ST:

Overdelivered
Ty Barley on Aug 02, 2021
I was dubious but this is the real deal. It hydrates and also makes skin look both natural but also well conditioned and healthy. The results were seen very quickly too which is the sign of a very good skincare product.

Helping with acne
izy on Jul 30, 2021
So far this has been very effective at improving my acne. At first I had trouble with only the white moisturizer coming out and no gold serum. Now that the gold serum is coming out I have noticed significant improvement in my stubborn acne. I gave up on trying products to fix my acne a long time ago. However I have been using the product for about a month and would definitely recommend.

Revolutionary
Kirsten on Jul 29, 2021
I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and using as directed. I am more than pleased with the results. Excellent prompt delivery and service! Awesome user guide! That’s right! A step by step guide by explaining what the product does and how! I love that! The product itself has worked wonders on my skin and I’m now a life time buyer! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Azza
04-08-2021, 08:54 AM
"Bliss rewards are here" should be some fairly cheap marketing if people can be bothered liking following and sharing, plus referrals. Just a shame it ends up in the promotions inbox so many people will ignore it.

emearg
04-08-2021, 06:47 PM
"Bliss rewards are here" should be some fairly cheap marketing if people can be bothered liking following and sharing, plus referrals. Just a shame it ends up in the promotions inbox so many people will ignore it.

Ignore it or not see it? It went to my promotions folder, I saw it but will ignore it as I buy them from the online chemist for far less than I can get them from Blis. Kinda annoying that TBH.

They're also promoting it on social media. They also added Afterpay recently. And a chatbot. And free shipping to Aussi for orders over x dollars. And they launched a Blis ingredients site a few months ago. They are keeping busy it seems.

emearg
05-08-2021, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing Kate has probably told a few of her friends about her new discovery, most likely while having them over for dinner where she serves delicious home made pasta. A lifer.

Annoyingly good
Kate on Aug 04, 2021
Using this product reminds me of the time that I decided to make my own pasta from scratch. It was amazing. Silky yet firm, light, with layers of flavour. What wasn't good was the realisation that now every time I feel like carbonara I am stuck rolling out pasta like a Nonna who doesn't have a very busy day job because anything from a packet is suddenly inedible by comparison.

This skincare is genuinely brilliant. No more dry skin, no more red skin. I have gone from having self-described terrible skin to someone who people complement. The downside is that I am no longer able to grab whatever from the supermarket, nick my kid's fatty cream or use whatever one of my friends is throwing out. This cream is so good I will never be able to use anything else.

The other downside is that now I sound like some mad skincare cult member.

porkandpuha
05-08-2021, 08:06 PM
I'm guessing Kate has probably told a few of her friends about her new discovery, most likely while having them over for dinner where she serves delicious home made pasta. A lifer.

Annoyingly good
Kate on Aug 04, 2021
Using this product reminds me of the time that I decided to make my own pasta from scratch. It was amazing. Silky yet firm, light, with layers of flavour. What wasn't good was the realisation that now every time I feel like carbonara I am stuck rolling out pasta like a Nonna who doesn't have a very busy day job because anything from a packet is suddenly inedible by comparison.

This skincare is genuinely brilliant. No more dry skin, no more red skin. I have gone from having self-described terrible skin to someone who people complement. The downside is that I am no longer able to grab whatever from the supermarket, nick my kid's fatty cream or use whatever one of my friends is throwing out. This cream is so good I will never be able to use anything else.

The other downside is that now I sound like some mad skincare cult member.

Maybe Kate took it a step further and also purchased BLT shares? Was a nice green day.

winner69
23-08-2021, 02:01 PM
Julie the Chief of Marketing leaving (wouldn’t be nice to say she’s packed a sad)

Numbers would say she hasn’t done much of a job

Maybe her replacement might do better

patrick
02-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Winner 69,
Where is the detail of sales please? Do u think that more conventional advertising would be better for sales?
Thanks
Patrick

winner69
04-10-2021, 10:44 AM
Brian been a bit slack on telling us stories lately

C’mon Brian …we need some good news, even if it’s a regurgitation of what we sort of already know.

Remember - share price is fundamental intrinsic value plus (or minus) how good the story is

Look forward to something this week

emearg
04-10-2021, 03:00 PM

I'm not Brian sorry so not many folks will get this message but Unconditional posted a link to the Instagram account mentioned above back in July. She posted a video describing the extremes she has been to before with her recurring, hormonal acne, and how nothing has been effective with the conclusion it's just hormonal acne so nothing can be done.

But the good news is it hasn't recurred since starting Unconditional. So that is three months. She is a very happy customer. It seems to me that happy customers are the way to market products like this. And the reviews shows very happy customers. Mainly from females, and sorry to get into gender stereotypes but my experience is females are very likely to have their skin commented on and very likely to tell anybody who will listen what products they are using. Males not so much!

It appears to me they have made a product that is being well received. I suspect the dispenser can be improved but any inadequacy around it seems to be acceptable to Kiwis. Hopefully they improve it before going international.

I have no idea of how much of a contribution to revenue or profit this product will make in the short term, but with adequate scale over the medium to long term it should be a winner.

bulyak
08-10-2021, 05:03 PM
This company is probably one of the most tragic NZ cases of over complicating a simple go to market strategy. My 13 year old would have more commercial success in marketing their products. Look at the board, there isnt one person on it that has tasted real commercial success. Just because you worked for MNC Pharmaceutical, Fonterra, or PWC doesnt mean you've had commercial success. When I see someone's attributes as being a professional director, I'd run! Especially when its the Chairman. When you read everyone's experience it's like they've built a team to manage a portfolio of Dairy Farms. Sad actually.

forest
08-10-2021, 05:29 PM
This company is probably one of the most tragic NZ cases of over complicating a simple go to market strategy. My 13 year old would have more commercial success in marketing their products. Look at the board, there isnt one person on it that has tasted real commercial success. Just because you worked for MNC Pharmaceutical, Fonterra, or PWC doesnt mean you've had commercial success. When I see someone's attributes as being a professional director, I'd run! Especially when its the Chairman. When you read everyone's experience it's like they've built a team to manage a portfolio of Dairy Farms. Sad actually.

Bulyak, last year Tony Balfour was added to the board. His credentials are international marketing and brand management. Do you think we could give Tony a little more time to do his magic?

7/4/2020, 8:31 am ADMIN
6th April 2020

BLIS appoints Tony Balfour as a director

Blis Technologies Limited (NZX: BLT) advises the appointment of Antony (Tony) Balfour as an independent director of the company with effect from 8 April 2020.

Mr Balfour brings to the board strong governance experience following a successful executive career as an international marketing and brand management leader building consumer goods businesses globally. Tony has a diverse background of international experience in driving FMCG through retail channels and e-commerce from the leadership roles he held for Nike Inc, Icebreaker, Seek.com and Monster Worldwide. Tony holds current directorships with The Warehouse, Les Mills International and Wayfare Ltd (trading as Real Journeys). He retired in 2019 as a director of Silver Fern Farms after 10 years and of Methven Limited with the sale of that company.

bulyak
11-10-2021, 12:21 PM
@forest. I hear ya. And from the kindest deepest part of my heart, I truly wish a professional director like Tony Balfour, that jumps from organisation to organisation as the "Marketing Board Person" on the board, could influence a complete paradigm shift in the way this company performs. But sadly it wont happen. Tony, like all the other board members at BLT, hasnt really tasted the kind of growth and marketing success I'm talking about. The BLIS K12 throat guard, alone should be a household essential in every house in NZ. Like I said,13 year old could deliver on that strategy. This simple cashcow would provide revenues over 15 million a year. They'll probably read this and say, maybe there is a legit point there. They'll use an agency to rebrand the product, launch a new website, create a few digital campaigns, increase their FB ads and provide a couple testmonials, which will all take a year. And it it fails they'll blame the Ad Agency. Anyway, maybe I'm blaming the players and not the game. I'm guess what I'm saying is that the make up this board & CEO in IMHO doesnt have the grunt to make this ship turn and get going. And for this reason, its a bummer. Great product but will never get anywhere.

forest
22-10-2021, 11:31 AM
@forest. I hear ya. And from the kindest deepest part of my heart, I truly wish a professional director like Tony Balfour, that jumps from organisation to organisation as the "Marketing Board Person" on the board, could influence a complete paradigm shift in the way this company performs. But sadly it wont happen. Tony, like all the other board members at BLT, hasnt really tasted the kind of growth and marketing success I'm talking about. The BLIS K12 throat guard, alone should be a household essential in every house in NZ. Like I said, a 13 year old could deliver on that strategy. This simple cashcow would provide revenues over 15 million a year. They'll probably read this and say, maybe there is a legit point there. They'll use an agency to rebrand the product, launch a new website, create a few digital campaigns, increase their FB ads and provide a couple testmonials, which will all take a year. And it it fails they'll blame the Ad Agency. Anyway, maybe I'm blaming the players and not the game. I'm guess what I'm saying is that the make up this board & CEO in IMHO doesnt have the grunt to make this ship turn and get going. And for this reason, its a bummer. Great product but will never get anywhere.

New board member Aimee McCammon and the second member on the board with marketing expertise. Time will tell if that will show in the revenue numbers, I am hopeful Bulyak.

Board of directors appointment

Blis Technologies advises the appointment of Aimee McCammon as a Director of the Company with effect from 21 October 2021.

Ms McCammon brings to the Board extensive marketing and governance experience. Aimee is currently CEO at Augusto Group, an independently owned hybrid creative and production company. Current governance roles include being an independent director at Flick Electric and on the Advisory Board for Pic’s Peanut Butter.

The Board has determined that Ms McCammon is an independent Director. Ms McCammon will formally offer herself for election as a Director at the next shareholders meeting in July 2022.

winner69
22-10-2021, 11:35 AM
New board member Aimee McCammon and the second member on the board with marketing expertise. Time will tell if that will show in the revenue numbers, I am hopeful Bulyak.

Board of directors appointment

Blis Technologies advises the appointment of Aimee McCammon as a Director of the Company with effect from 21 October 2021.

Ms McCammon brings to the Board extensive marketing and governance experience. Aimee is currently CEO at Augusto Group, an independently owned hybrid creative and production company. Current governance roles include being an independent director at Flick Electric and on the Advisory Board for Pic’s Peanut Butter.

The Board has determined that Ms McCammon is an independent Director. Ms McCammon will formally offer herself for election as a Director at the next shareholders meeting in July 2022.

Blis tried icecream once ...... maybe now going to try Blis Peanut Butter

pierre
22-10-2021, 03:44 PM

Pic's peanut butter with Blis K12 and M18 - got to be good for you! :cool:

bullfrog
24-10-2021, 02:48 PM
Pic's peanut butter with Blis K12 and M18 - got to be good for you! :cool:

With their snappy branding, can't wait to get a jar of......K12 Ultra Peanut Butter Gut Guard with BLIS M18: Crunchy PRO

bulyak
25-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Id be more excited if the founder and CEO of Pics Peanut Butter was elected to the board. Not a board advisor for PPB. Yawn. This company needs a major kick in the ass.

tango
31-10-2021, 03:03 PM
I used to love this company but a great product with crap marketing isn't something I can get on board with. Probiotic skin care on Amazon and Google yields a lot of products. Many of them seem to be well marketed and well established. I sold most of my BLT shares and hung on to some hoping they would get their A into G and sort out their marketing but I don't see much happening other than putting marketing and eCommerce together. As much as that makes sense I don't see the track record in eCom being a good recommendation for promoting their manager to marketing and ecom.

Sideshow Bob
16-11-2021, 03:41 PM
Half year results announcement date - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/382936)

Just have to wait until Thursday for the next round of lack of developments (hope I'm wrong)

winner69
16-11-2021, 03:50 PM
Half year results announcement date - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/382936)

Just have to wait until Thursday for the next round of lack of developments (hope I'm wrong)

Marketing has been in full swing ....watch this space

Sideshow Bob
16-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Marketing has been in full swing ....watch this space

Sounds like a Tui W69.

Hope some further development with Probi......

winner69
16-11-2021, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a Tui W69.

..or the partnership with the peanut butter guy …he seems to have a really big business and could pass on some tips.

emearg
16-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a Tui W69.

From Probis press release 22 Oct:
Work started with Blis Technologies for the start of production and collaboration in the sales organization and R&D.

In accordance with our strategy for acquisition and partnerships, the acquisition of 13% in Blis Technologies was completed at the beginning of the quarter. We have now started intensive work on the technological transfer for the start of production. Training and knowledge transfer within the sales organization and R&D have also begun. We have seen great interest with this collaboration and have had active dialogue with many customers. We are extremely positive about developing this business and being able to complement and grow our portfolio.

So I doubt anything will show other than higher expenses.

pierre
16-11-2021, 10:48 PM
So I doubt anything will show other than higher expenses.
Regrettably I think you will be right.

All I'm expecting is another round of Covid related reasons rationalising why despite the investment in more people and more marketing the business is still only running on three cylinders.

I hope I'm wrong though!

patrick
17-11-2021, 04:38 PM
Hope we have seen the last sale under 6 cents.As emearg posted expenses will be much higher so unless substantial progress has been made and good outlook it might be time to end a 20 odd year love affair; both with the Company and a couple of its products.

emearg
17-11-2021, 06:48 PM
Hope we have seen the last sale under 6 cents.As emearg posted expenses will be much higher so unless substantial progress has been made and good outlook it might be time to end a 20 odd year love affair; both with the Company and a couple of its products.

Give it another 15 months I reckon. Time to see if the Probi deal will make a significant difference to their fortunes, and to see if the skincare product starts to make a big difference to their bottom line. They're now shipping it overseas, and it does seem to be well received by a lot of folks who have used it. Word of mouth, especially in the digital space, is a great way to sell.

Right now I can't judge what will happen so I will hold for a bit longer. I would hate to sell out just as things improve. If they don't I doubt the share price will be much lower than right now. Famous last words quite possibly.

winner69
18-11-2021, 08:55 AM
No comment from me re half year

At least not now

pierre
18-11-2021, 08:57 AM
Regrettably I think you will be right.

All I'm expecting is another round of Covid related reasons rationalising why despite the investment in more people and more marketing the business is still only running on three cylinders.

I hope I'm wrong though!
I wasn't wrong.

na2m1
18-11-2021, 09:44 AM
"Guidance is for full year revenue to be between $8.6m and $9.1m with an EBITDA deficit in the range of $2.3m to $2.7m."

10-15% revenue decrease. that is not great news

MarineSalvage
18-11-2021, 10:48 AM
"Guidance is for full year revenue to be between $8.6m and $9.1m with an EBITDA deficit in the range of $2.3m to $2.7m."

10-15% revenue decrease. that is not great news

Ouch, even though I sold out after a previous disappointing result, I still keep an eye on BLT... sad to see nothing really changing aside from adding expensive people (some of whom leave after achieving precious little)

winner69
18-11-2021, 11:40 AM

So it’s all your fault share price hit 5.1 cents ..should never tempt fate

You following through on the last bit of your post?

emearg
26-11-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm not on staff, but should be!

25% off at https://blis.co.nz/ today

30% off at https://unconditionalskin.com

emearg
01-12-2021, 07:57 PM
Julie the Chief of Marketing leaving (wouldn’t be nice to say she’s packed a sad)

Numbers would say she hasn’t done much of a job

Maybe her replacement might do better

Or her replacements replacement.

na2m1
01-12-2021, 09:12 PM
The marketing job must be a real tough one. Maybe the next one might get the job done

Sideshow Bob
02-12-2021, 08:07 AM
The marketing job must be a real tough one. Maybe the next one might get the job done

They've had over 20 years listed on the NZX to get it right.....

THEONE
02-12-2021, 08:24 AM

Emearg for the new Marketing role.?

Would be million times better than current marketing. Surely now would be a good time to heavily market "immunity boosters" in a large significant mart such as US?? Is good that they are developing new products. But how about trying to Market the existing ones? The Fresh Breath Kit is a very marketable online product.

winner69
02-12-2021, 08:34 AM
They've had over 20 years listed on the NZX to get it right.....

Blis culture …if it ain’t science it’s not cool

What’s marketing? In Blis lingo just a thing you have to pretend to do

Sideshow Bob
02-12-2021, 08:35 AM
BLT culture …if it ain’t science it’s not cool

Shows what happens when too many boffins run a company.....

But nothing happens in business without a sale - whether selling a product, service, idea or yourself.

RGR367
02-12-2021, 09:49 AM

I think they need an "american" to market this Blis24 unconditional product and market it like it WOMD has been found :cool:

Do you need an account first to avail of the 30% discount? I'm only seeing 15% discount if you subscribe and buy for 3 deliveries. Also, has any guy (male) here tried the product already?

disc: believer of the throat guard product and holder

justakiwi
02-12-2021, 04:22 PM
I have an account but I am not seeing any available discounts when I log in.

Never mind. I see you posted that days ago, so obviously no longer available.

Do you need an account first to avail of the 30% discount? I'm only seeing 15% discount if you subscribe and buy for 3 deliveries. Also, has any guy (male) here tried the product already?

Sideshow Bob
02-12-2021, 09:20 PM
What a crock!

I use the teeth guard and price buy them at, their regular price is about 30% less than their website anyway.

emearg
03-12-2021, 05:18 PM
I have an account but I am not seeing any available discounts when I log in.

Never mind. I see you posted that days ago, so obviously no longer available.

Yeah was for Black Friday, and ran into the weekend as well.

emearg
03-12-2021, 05:19 PM
What a crock!

I use the teeth guard and price buy them at, their regular price is about 30% less than their website anyway.

Buy them at ???

Grimy
03-12-2021, 05:52 PM
Pharmacy Direct usually have their products at a good price. Certainly cheaper than Blis.

emearg
03-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Pharmacy Direct usually have their products at a good price. Certainly cheaper than Blis.

They had 13% off last Friday...I bought my years supply :)

winner69
07-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Brian better put out an exciting story tomorrow ...... even if its just a regurgitation of old news ... just make it exciting ...use words like transformation / inflection point / momentum

Otherwise the shareprice might be lower than the 4.8 cents it is today

bullfrog
07-12-2021, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking ... probi synergies creates opportunities to leverage exciting products into American markets

winner69
08-12-2021, 08:04 AM
I'm thinking ... probi synergies creates opportunities to leverage exciting products into American markets

More like …. dynamically utilize scalable e-business while rapidiously promoting reliable nosql

That would make Brian sound like a guru and a man on a mission …..and put a rocket under the share price

GR8DAY
08-12-2021, 08:40 AM
Chemist wharehouse always cheaper than their so called discount website prices! Blis product sales could again explode with OMICRON presence. ... even though Blis is no defence against any virus OR has anything to do with immunity boosting. It's just the perception that could drive global sales.

Sideshow Bob
08-12-2021, 08:43 AM

Signifcantly cheaper, even on a Blis special promotion.

bullfrog
08-12-2021, 11:59 AM
More like …. dynamically utilize scalable e-business while rapidiously promoting reliable nosql

That would make Brian sound like a guru and a man on a mission …..and put a rocket under the share price

rapidiously? A google brings forth this nugget of truthism

"Going forward, vis-à-vis our plans to facilitate more flexible, more customer-centric logistics channels, we need to adopt a KISS approach, eviscerating our existing distribution strategy and transplanting lizard-tail structures that can be rapidiously autotomised should they fail to interface holistically in response to market pressures.”

Pretty concise business plan IMO

winner69
08-12-2021, 12:12 PM
rapidiously? A google brings forth this nugget of truthism

"Going forward, vis-à-vis our plans to facilitate more flexible, more customer-centric logistics channels, we need to adopt a KISS approach, eviscerating our existing distribution strategy and transplanting lizard-tail structures that can be rapidiously autotomised should they fail to interface holistically in response to market pressures.”

Pretty concise business plan IMO

Very good bullfrog

emearg
08-12-2021, 12:43 PM
even though Blis is no defence against any virus OR has anything to do with immunity boosting.

Dunno about that. Go find the following as an example:
"Human Systemic Immune Response to Ingestion of the Oral Probiotic ​Streptococcus salivarius BLIS K12"

Key bit:
The aim of this study was to identify acute systemic immune responses to the commercial product, S. salivarius BLIS K12, in a double-blinded, placebo-controlled human clinical trial. It was hypothesised that consumption of S. salivarius BLIS K12 would induce an anti-inflammatory response and a decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokines. Blood samples were obtained from participants prior to a single dose of S. salivarius BLIS K12 or a placebo and then secondary blood samples were obtained 24 h and 7 days post-consumption. Samples were analysed using multi-parametric flow cytometry, to quantify immune cell frequency changes, and by a LEGENDplex assay of human inflammatory cytokines. Consumption of S. salivarius BLIS K12 was associated with increased levels of IL-8 at 24 h. The frequency of Tregs increased in samples taken 7 days after probiotic consumption, and IL-10 concentrations were higher at 7 days than 24 h after consumption. There was no difference in the frequency and/or activation of CD4+ T cells, CD8+ T cells, B cells and NK cells. Interestingly, there was an increase in IL-12, 7 days after the consumption of S. salivarius BLIS K12. Collectively, this research demonstrates that ingestion of the probiotic S. salivarius K12 can induce changes in the systemic immune response.

GR8DAY
09-12-2021, 06:39 AM
" Collectively, this research demonstrates that ingestion of the probiotic S. salivarius K12 can induce changes in the systemic immune response."

..........thanks for that EMEARG, i stand happily corrected......and if this is indeed correct then it needs to be highlighted in their advertising blurbs. Anything that can be shown to enhance our immune system will be a serious driver for increased sales (in these uncertain times)

Brain
09-12-2021, 07:09 AM
" Collectively, this research demonstrates that ingestion of the probiotic S. salivarius K12 can induce changes in the systemic immune response."

..........thanks for that EMEARG, i stand happily corrected......and if this is indeed correct then it needs to be highlighted in their advertising blurbs. Anything that can be shown to enhance our immune system will be a serious driver for increased sales (in these uncertain times)

Yes and therein lies the problem. Some would say “what marketing?” and others would be kinder and say the marketing is not up to snuff. My hope is that Probi can teach them a thing or two.

Arthur
09-12-2021, 07:28 AM
I suspect that cannot make claims without jumping through some serious hoops. I'm really interested to see how Canadian sales go when they finally get up to speed. In Canada they are allowed to make evidence based medical claims, yet they appear to have pissed around for years instead of prioritising the Canadian market. Hopefully that is now changing.

Sampan
09-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Long term/frustrated holder of this stock and I think its time to cut losses and redeploy.

Management seems happy to bumble along. Granted, the deal with Probi created some ripples, but Im very dubious as to what they are actually going to get out of it. The Unconditional product is good but the dispenser is faulty and they wont change it. I know a number of people that have stopped buying it as a result

All the best to those that stay involved with this one!

emearg
21-12-2021, 08:52 PM
Most of you probably already subscribe to Fashion Quarterly, but just in case you missed it:

https://fq.co.nz/the-benefits-of-live-probiotics-for-your-skin/

https://fq.co.nz/put-to-the-test-the-unconditional-skincare-co-live-probiotic-hydration-serum/

artemis
19-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Didn't fully understand this article but it is a report of a study of what looks very much like BLT probiotic K12 and Covid-19. Some mentions of Prof Tagg in the bibliography. Any thoughts welcome.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fbioe.2021.646184/full

emearg
19-01-2022, 07:45 PM
Didn't fully understand this article but it is a report of a study of what looks very much like BLT probiotic K12 and Covid-19. Some mentions of Prof Tagg in the bibliography. Any thoughts welcome.

It is Blis K12, originating from NZ that they are using. Will have a proper read later.

It seems a few folks are thinking about K12 and Covid. Here is an example Google Alerts sent me a while back:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05043376

davflaws
20-01-2022, 10:02 AM

Looks like very good news to me. If it could be "got out" on social media it would surely cause a boom in sales. K12 offers significant protection against COVID.

Sideshow Bob
20-01-2022, 10:17 AM
Looks like very good news to me. If it could be "got out" on social media it would surely cause a boom in sales. K12 offers significant protection against COVID.

This is over 6 months old. Where have Blis been on this?

Global pandemic, they have a product that has had a promising "pilot study" and.............BLT have problems with "Challenging market conditions"

Healthcare workers at the frontline are facing a substantial risk of respiratory tract infection during the COVID-19 outbreak due to an extremely stressful work schedule and public health event. A well-established first-line defense on oropharyngeal microbiome could be a promising strategy to protect individuals from respiratory tract infections including COVID-19.

The most thoroughly studied oropharyngeal probiotic product which creates a stable upper respiratory tract microbiota capable of preventing upper respiratory tract infections was chosen to evaluate the safety and efficacy on reducing episodes of upper respiratory tract infections for COVID-19 healthcare workers. To our knowledge to date, this is the very first study describing the beneficial effects of oropharyngeal probiotic been administered by healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this randomized controlled trial, we provided the probiotics to frontline medical staff who work in the hospitals in Wuhan and had been in close contact with hospitalized COVID-19 patients for prophylactic use on a daily basis.

Our finding suggests that oropharyngeal probiotic administration significantly reduced the incidence of respiratory tract infections by 64.8%, reduced the time experiencing respiratory tract infections and oral ulcer symptoms by 78%, shortened the days absent from work by 95.5%, and reduced the time under medication where there is no record of antibiotic and anti-viral drug intake in the probiotic group. Furthermore, medical staff treated with Bactoblis experienced sustained protection from respiratory tract infections since the 10th day of oropharyngeal probiotic administration resulting in an extremely low incidence rate of respiratory tract infections.

artemis
20-01-2022, 11:30 AM
This is over 6 months old. Where have Blis been on this?

Global pandemic, they have a product that has had a promising "pilot study" and.............BLT have problems with "Challenging market conditions"

There has been no appetite in New Zealand for covid prophylactics. In fact they do not fit the only narratives - test/jab.

It is possible a surge in demand would be a problem to fulfil.

Meanwhile the company will be well aware and may be quietly making plans.

Watchful
20-01-2022, 11:52 AM
Worth noting that none of the infections involved in that trail, for either the control or test group, appeared to actually be covid. So can’t draw any conclusions as to covid-related protection. Still, some positive results for them.

“ of which 8 episodes of respiratory tract infections were observed in the group of 98 probiotic-treated medical staff and 22 episodes were observed in the group of 95 non-treated medical staff, with none of the episodes having been confirmed to be COVID-19 infection verified by SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid test”

artemis
26-01-2022, 03:03 PM
Another article on probiotics, specifically gut. Still early days.

Conclusion - “Compared with placebo or control interventions, probiotic supplementation considerably improved cognitive function in the participants with MCI, but it only caused a modest cognitive improvement in those with Alzheimer’s disease.”

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/dementia-can-probiotics-improve-cognitive-function

Brain
26-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Another article on probiotics, specifically gut. Still early days.

Conclusion - “Compared with placebo or control interventions, probiotic supplementation considerably improved cognitive function in the participants with MCI, but it only caused a modest cognitive improvement in those with Alzheimer’s disease.”

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/dementia-can-probiotics-improve-cognitive-function

Yes all good but until they pull a rabbit out of the hat and this rabbit needs to have a good understanding of marketing
this company will languish.

Crap product + excellent marketing = success

excellent product + good marketing = success

Bliss have an excellent product.

Jasemc
03-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Probi say they hope to run first production run end of first quarter or start of second. Their sales team are out pushn the product. How this goes will be big influence on bliss. Probi seem excited to be in the throat and mouth care area. Hopefully bliss did an OK deal and revenue will flow into them.

emearg
04-02-2022, 03:23 PM
Probi say they hope to run first production run end of first quarter or start of second. Their sales team are out pushn the product. How this goes will be big influence on bliss. Probi seem excited to be in the throat and mouth care area. Hopefully bliss did an OK deal and revenue will flow into them.

They also said it will be near the end of the year before they see the results of this, so we shouldn't hold our breath at this point.

They also mentioned they are looking at other product lines including Skincare and mentioned that Blis also have a skincare product...so who knows where that might go?

Actually Blis got lots of mentions, and many of the questions asked were about Blis. So it seems fair to say Probi are taking the relationship seriously, which is how it has looked since day one.

winner69
05-02-2022, 02:23 PM
Brian run out of good stories to tell …..been quiet as the last few months hasn’t he

Maybe he’s crafting an announcement that will say the new guidance of FY22 sales between $7.0m and $7.5m is one tremendous effort from all staff involved

You'd think that after 21 years of trying they just might start winning.... after all they tout themselves as world leaders

Maybe next week we’ll know

emearg
05-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Interesting read, and makes me inclined to keep taking my Blis, and to take several if I feel a scratchy throat or cold coming on...which we are all probably expecting in the coming weeks:
https://www.minervamedica.it/en/journals/minerva-medica/article.php?cod=R10Y2021N04A0514

Summary:
128 kids took Blis K12 for 3 months. 24 in the control group who weren't taking Blis tested positive for SARS COV 2. None of the kids taking Blis tested positive. Interesting for sure, especially given more of the kids in the Blis group had infected classmates or family members than in the control group.

Not a huge study by any means, but like I said, I'm gonna take my K12 tonight :)

emearg
10-02-2022, 04:43 PM
Patent filed last year:
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2021201699A1

Yeet_Shares
11-02-2022, 08:12 AM
Did Blis get the patent?....the reference article is a number of months old and there's been no announcements from Blis of any kind, nor I have seen any other publicity.

winner69
11-02-2022, 08:35 AM
You know it's not really good news when the heading just says 'Third quarter performance update'

At least hanging in there, just. Better than going backwards at a great rate of knots

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/387103/364334.pdf

jimdog31
11-02-2022, 08:46 AM
You know it's not really good news when the heading just says 'Third quarter performance update'

At least hanging in there, just. Better than going backwards at a great rate of knots

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/BLT/387103/364334.pdf

So much for bringing on the partner that would expand their horizons

Sideshow Bob
11-02-2022, 08:47 AM

Pretty uninspiring stuff.....;)

winner69
11-02-2022, 08:50 AM
So much for bringing on the partner that would expand their horizons

Give them time ..... been trying for 20 years (maybe more) ....their day will come :)

Sideshow Bob
11-02-2022, 10:35 AM
Give them time ..... been trying for 20 years (maybe more) ....their day will come :)

That might well be a Tui......having been only listed on the NZX for 7,501 days so far.....

patrick
11-02-2022, 03:29 PM

Advice for the recent appointee Jennifer.
Unconditional Skin is a GREAT product but cancel marketing until u can get product to customers in usable form.
There have been heaps of complaints about the dispenser but no action to resolve the problem.

Mel
11-02-2022, 03:50 PM
Yes all good but until they pull a rabbit out of the hat and this rabbit needs to have a good understanding of marketing
this company will languish.

Crap product + excellent marketing = success

excellent product + good marketing = success

Bliss have an excellent product.
This might have been posted already, however, I'm amused to find that:
Dunedin-based Blis Technologies walked away with the Health and Beauty sector award at the 2019 Marketing Awards held in Auckland"
Maybe Jennifer the new Marketing Director can take Blis back to the 'glory days' :)

patrick
12-02-2022, 02:13 PM
But the runner up at the 2019 Awards was the Dunstan Dags Depletion Cream

pierre
24-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Interestingly BLT is the only share in my portfolio that didn't move on a day of Red in today's carnage on the market.

I'm wondering if maybe they have signed a deal with Putin to supply his troops with the new Unconditional Skin care product to protect them against the harsh winter climate in Ukraine. (Apologies for a very bad joke about a very sad situation for the Ukranians.)

patrick
28-02-2022, 08:21 PM
Have they fixed the dispenser for the skin care?
Big jump today.
Or something else brewing

Not The Chosen One
01-03-2022, 10:24 AM
Have they fixed the dispenser for the skin care?
Big jump today.
Or something else brewing

Huge buy side compared to sell side. Minimal updates lately but nothing new there.

emearg
01-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Not much to say about Blis right now so here is a little positive news.

I got this emailed to me yesterday, so it probably isn't an April Fools thing.

Probi completes first production batches of dairy-free BLIS K12 (https://www.probi.com/press-releases/2022/03/probi-completes-first-production-batches-of-dairy-free-blis-k12/)

Chippie
01-04-2022, 07:31 PM
I like this bit
"Probi is now manufacturing BLIS® strains at its recently upgraded fermentation facility in Redmond, WA and will shortly be offering these new strains to Probi's customers around the world."

Sideshow Bob
01-04-2022, 10:32 PM
I like this bit
"Probi is now manufacturing BLIS® strains at its recently upgraded fermentation facility in Redmond, WA and will shortly be offering these new strains to Probi's customers around the world."

So buy shares in Probi instead?? Might be a better bet.....

pierre
02-05-2022, 11:50 AM
In a little over three weeks we will receive the FY22 financial results.

Guidance is for revenue of ~$9m and EBITDA deficit of ~$2.5m as they invest their cash from Probi into new market initiatives.

BLT appointed a new marketing and eCommerce director in February so not much time for her to turn the tide yet.

We haven't received any breakthrough announcements since the Probi news last year and I think the best we can hope for at month-end is a statement that the connection with them is at least starting to make some progress. We might possibly also get guidance for a better year in FY23 as the Covid impact starts to level off.

I've been a shareholder since 2005 and today, as the SP continues to slide, BLT represents around 3% of my portfolio. This company has consistently tested my high level of patience. After 17 years, I'm now hoping I don't run out of time personally before BLT finally delivers positive outcomes instead of dreams and empty promises. :)

However, I'm not optimistic we will see much SP improvement in the next six months but I will continue to hang in. It would be utterly gut-wrenching to see a turn around some time after I unloaded my holding.

ralph
02-05-2022, 12:36 PM
Yes gut wrenching at the moment .038 Bloody glad I got out what a downhill trend where will it end in the teens !! I hope not Pierre

pierre
05-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Well, the arse has fallen out of the SP today. Down to 3.5 as I write. Doesnt look like much confidence in the upcoming FY result.
However, an interesting spread on the DB depth at the moment. Volume buyers at 3.5 and volume sellers at 4.2!
Maybe the SP might revert to somewhere in the middle?

airedale
05-05-2022, 12:47 PM
I don't hold any blt but i am still buying throatguard. The chemist seems to sell plenty. His assistant told me it was popular.

pierre
05-05-2022, 01:29 PM
I don't hold any blt but i am still buying throatguard. The chemist seems to sell plenty. His assistant told me it was popular.
Thanks for your support Airedale. Im a Toothguard buyer - helps control gum disease. Just need a few million more like us and everything at BLT will be great. Lol.