PDA

View Full Version : commercial real estate

wns
07-08-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm starting to get my head around commercial real estate and how it differs from residential.

Basically I'm trying to get to the point where I know enough to formulate a sound investment plan and know how to make an informed decision when I decide to invest in commercial RE - directly, not through a listed vehicle.

I'm going to keep on doing my own research anyway, but if anyone here knows of some good resources, books, contacts, websites etc that might be of assistance to me (or anyone else) then please feel welcome to share them on this thread.

Such topics could include - sources of market research, recommended professionals (legal, property mgmt firms, accountants), financial aspects etc...

Here's two sites I've found so far...

www.realcommercial.com.au
www.gal.com.au

Arbitrage
09-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Get a copy of the book "Commercial Real Estate Investors Guide" by Peter Aranyi. This gives you a good coverage of commercial propoerty investment in NZ. Should be in most major bookshops. While at it see if you can track down as original copy of "Jones on Property" by Bob Jones. Probably in the library or in second hand bookshops. Good material as the basics don't change. I think he has also written an updated version but the original is a good read.