PDA

View Full Version : Sharetrader Meeting-- Auckland

Pages : [1] 2 3

Oiler
14-08-2007, 07:09 PM
OK Auckland lets see if we can knock the socks off the CHC National Convention attendance.

The date will be September 1st Saturday 4pm so as not to clash with the Wellington meeting planned for the 8th.

Venue to be confirmed in a couple of days but will be in Ponsonby or Parnell/Newmarket area. (any suggestions)

Year of the Tiger
14-08-2007, 07:56 PM
1st September suits me...
Just a suggestion... Cock 'n' Bull on cnr Khyber Pass and Kingdon Street.

YOTT

Crypto Crude
14-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I cant make the 1st oiler... Ive got a bus trip to go and, and I will get murdered if I donot go... for real...
I guess I will just head up for NZO AGM....

I.T.Ancient
15-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi oiler

I can make 1st September. Cock 'n' Bull sounds good.

seaosh
15-08-2007, 10:13 AM
The 1st sounds fine to me, as does Cock'n'Bull.

Of course from a strict beer quality perspective Galbraiths at the other end of Kyber Pass would be a better option. It also has parking outside and is very conversation friendly (i.e. no loud and annoying music).

On the other hand Newmarket is easier to get to on public transport.

Oiler
15-08-2007, 04:47 PM
OK we have a venue and it is the Cock & Bull at the bottom of Khyber Pass......Newmarket at 4pm Saturday.

Maybe we should ask them to change there name to the Bear & Bull :p

Sorry Shrewd one, the date didnt work for you this time however you will be the guest speaker at the next Auckland meeting along with brother Ser Pee.

I am sure there will be a lot of commiserating over how the market is/has treated everyone over the last week or so....

Come on Blues lets meet and drown our sorrows and celebrate our wins at the Cock and Bull
:D

Zorbah
15-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Hope to be there ......

In the meantime, this new Sharetrader web-site Suxxs ....

Why in Fuxxs name do we have to re-register, da barstuards woden let me hav me ol name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kissssik
15-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll be there, hope by then I'll be able to come with nothing which is proving hard at the mow given me negative bank balance...

shasta
15-08-2007, 08:01 PM
OK we have a venue and it is the Cock & Bull at the bottom of Khyber Pass......Newmarket at 4pm Saturday.

Maybe we should ask them to change there name to the Bear & Bull :p

Sorry Shrewd one, the date didnt work for you this time however you will be the guest speaker at the next Auckland meeting along with brother Ser Pee.

I am sure there will be a lot of commiserating over how the market is/has treated everyone over the last week or so....

Come on Blues lets meet and drown our sorrows and celebrate our wins at the Cock and Bull

Oiler

There is a bar in Wellington already called the Bull & Bear!

Serpie
15-08-2007, 08:49 PM

I'll be there Oiler. You've been awesome in supporting the ChCh meetings, and I'd like to return the favour and meet the fine Auckland traders.

Flights are booked.

The ChCh meetings have been really rewarding, and got going because people were willing to step out of the shadows and say gidday.
If people intend to carry on trading for any length of time I'd encourage them to come along and meet like-minded people for a chat and a drink.

I know that Auckland is a big city, and it might be a pain to get across town, but it's not like you've got to catch a plane to get there!

shasta
15-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll be there Oiler. You've been awesome in supporting the ChCh meetings, and I'd like to return the favour and meet the fine Auckland traders.

Flights are booked.

The ChCh meetings have been really rewarding, and got going because people were willing to step out of the shadows and say gidday.
If people intend to carry on trading for any length of time I'd encourage them to come along and meet like-minded people for a chat and a drink.

I know that Auckland is a big city, and it might be a pain to get across town, but it's not like you've got to catch a plane to get there!

Adding on to Serpie's comments, was great to see Oiler, Serpie & Shrewd at the last Wellington event.

As a result i will attend a Christchurch event in the near future...

Very worthwhile & i hope the Auckland Sharetraders support the concept.

Oiler
16-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Flights are booked.

Come on Auckland we cant have the "outsiders" coming just to build the numbers

I would have thought this market drift would have people wanting to share there losses or there positive market opportunities.

So far we we have 6 attendees :eek:

Come on Auckland...........!!!!!!! Cock & Bull, Newmarket

Oiler
18-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Blues don't forget the meeting at the Cock and Bull, Khyber Pass Rd. 4pm.

Come on Boysy join us.

I am sure there will be lots of tales of woe and there may even be someone with a success story. ;)

Anymore takers ?

Serpie
21-08-2007, 09:20 PM
It's a bit quiet here on the Auckland Sharetraders Meet thread. Where is everyone?

Being a bit of a newbie (15 months in) I'd be keen to meet any other newbies that are keen to come along for a beer. And of course it's always a privilage to meet the gurus like Oiler.

If you've got "Auckland" on your user profile then you should step out of your comfort zone for a couple of hours and come down.

AMR
21-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I'll try to get there - rostered shifts mean I might get pulled out at short notice. How is the food like there?

Serpie
22-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Good stuff XC (which is what I might call you on the night because I'll struggle to pronounce the version after a few beers).
I've never been to the Cock & Bull but, as it was chosen by The Oiler, I'm sure it will be great.

Who's next?

Crypto Crude
22-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I hope you guys have a great time and eat plenty of cock and talk plenty of bull...
I mean drink plenty of cock-tails... and still talk plenty of bull...
.^sc

Oiler
22-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope you guys have a great time and eat plenty of cock and talk plenty of bull...
I mean drink plenty of cock-tails... and still talk plenty of bull...
.^sc

:eek: Shrewdie not quite sure what your trying to suggest here? but your welcome to join us for drinks and eats at the Cock and Bull........... to all our Southern friends we could introduce you to Burgerfuel :D

Welcome along XC, as Serp said too hard to pronounce. There are no age limits, experience, qualifications to attend................ nothing, every one is welcome.

The numbers of attendees is rising so I will arrange for a few free drinks and nibbles.

"Keeps those letters and cards rolling in" Johnny Carson.

Serpie
22-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Burgerfuel - no way!
Those poor buggers who chose to have "shares with that". Ripped.

Free drinks and nibbles. Sparkling conversation. What more could you want?

Time for a roll call:
Oiler
Xxamr Corpxx (I thought I'd put the whole lot in because it's sounds like more than one person)
Kissssik
Zorbah
Seaosh
I T Ancient
Year of the Tiger
Serpie

That's a good start. We need 2 more for double figures. Are you out there?

A special request: can someone please come along who doesn't drink - because someone needs to make sure I dont miss my flight home.

zyreon
23-08-2007, 06:51 AM
I might head along too if I can figure out how to get there via bus from Albany...

Serpie
23-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Looking forward to meeting you next Saturday and discussing some NZ small caps.

Still need 1 more to hit double figures (although you know that once we blow past that there'll be another target - but for now 1 more please).

If I have to bring inflatable friends to bump up the numbers then I will - I've done it before and I'll do it again! Shameless.

STRAT
23-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi fellas, Its 50/50 at the moment as to wether I can make it but you can count me in as long as yall promise to kind and gentle to the newbs and just to clarify that has nothing to do with SC's last post.:D

STRAT
23-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Duncan, any chance you can make it? I'll buy your first single malt.:D:D

Serpie
23-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Bring your guitar.

Come on Dunc. I see that you're a builder, and me and Oiler are a couple of old sparkies, so we can sit at the bar with our a-s cracks hanging out and talk about different sorts of trades.

So we're up to:
Oiler
Xxamr Corpxx
Kissssik
Zorbah
Seaosh
I T Ancient
Year of the Tiger
Serpie
Zyreon
Strat

A good mix of youth and experience so far (I wouldn't class myself as having either).

Oiler
23-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Duncan, any chance you can make it? I'll buy your first single malt.:D:D

I second that...... Macdunk I will but you your second single malt !!!

You have become a bloody legend ;) If are there then maybe Shrewd Crude will ditch his plans to go to "Invercargill" on Sat night and come to Auckland instead.

You watch Serpie the Aucklanders will come out the woodwork at the last minute and there will be 20 people...:eek:

STRAT
23-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Bring your guitar.

Come on Dunc. I see that you're a builder, and me and Oiler are a couple of old sparkies, so we can sit at the bar with our a-s cracks hanging out and talk about different sorts of trades.

So we're up to:
Oiler
Xxamr Corpxx
Kissssik
Zorbah
Seaosh
I T Ancient
Year of the Tiger
Serpie
Zyreon
Strat

A good mix of youth and experience so far (I wouldn't class myself as having either).I definitely dont qualify as either either LOL.

I will bring the axe as long as you carry the amp Serpie (ITS FRIGGIN HEAVY) and Duncan Sings. I will buy Duncans 3rd Scotch so thats 3 free drinks. If that wont get a Scotsman to a pub, what will?:cool:

Serpie
23-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Looks like it's going to be an acoustic set in that case.

Put me down for a scotch too Dunc - getting harder and harder to refuse!

duncan macgregor
23-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Looks like it's going to be an acoustic set in that case.

Put me down for a scotch too Dunc - getting harder and harder to refuse!

JEEZE its getting tough when you have to invite an old bugger like me to keep you amused. Sorry guys i would if i could but i cant. I get a cataract out on wed 12th sept cant see to well for driving at the moment. I dont want any crap about me being one eyed and you lot wont notice the difference either. Im off fishing tomorrow its a bit tough looking for the marker posts, but then a young chap has to take a few risks in the market as well as the harbour. Will be ok for the next one, looking forward to it. Macdunk

STRAT
23-08-2007, 01:45 PM
JEEZE its getting tough when you have to invite an old bugger like me to keep you amused. Sorry guys i would if i could but i cant. I get a cataract out on wed 12th sept cant see to well for driving at the moment. I dont want any crap about me being one eyed and you lot wont notice the difference either. Im off fishing tomorrow its a bit tough looking for the marker posts, but then a young chap has to take a few risks in the market as well as the harbour. Will be ok for the next one, looking forward to it. MacdunkSo free drinks and Cab fare should do it then?:D:D You drive a hard bargin Duncan;)

Serpie
23-08-2007, 02:04 PM
That's the story Strat. Never accept their first offer.

Oiler
23-08-2007, 05:00 PM
So free drinks and Cab fare should do it then?:D:D You drive a hard bargin Duncan;)

LOL... Serpie, Strat you guys are pushing the limits, but come on MACD join us for this one and the next one.

I am sure after a couple of Taliskers you will wont see or feel a thing. :)

duncan macgregor
23-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Well guys you can put my name on the list i arranged transport after sweet talking my good lady into dropping me off and picking me up. No worries about shouting me a few malts i thrive on that sort of thing. Will be interesting to stick a few faces to some of the names. Macdunk

seaosh
23-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Looks like it's shaping up to be quite a celebrity gathering then. . .

Serpie
23-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Now we've got an official ST guru on board! MacDunk counts as 5 people due to the Guru rating, so we've got about 15 now.

Something for everyone. Who's next!

Serpie
23-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I was just having a look at www.smallcaps.co.nz. Doing some reading before we meet it's creator next Saturday. Looking forward to hearing your views on the Tasman IPO.

Judging by your credentials Z you could probably do the annual return for my LAQC in about 10 minutes. I'll swap you - one tax return for a plate of nachos and a Tui.

Dazza
23-08-2007, 10:07 PM
man fellas, ill be keen as to come eh!

mmmm we will c eh fellas, im probably gonna be the only asian there lol

will confirm with you guys later eh!

Serpie
24-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Not to sound too creepy - but you're one of the Auckland poster's that I've been keeping my eye on.
You CAN'T have a million ST posts and NOT turn up to the meeting!
And with that portfolio you'll have something in common with just about everyone.

Dazza
24-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Serpie

keeping an eye on me? lol i aint like the others here, im more of an instinct investor only been investing for last 3 years, so much for studying pharmacy, been skipping lectures and not studying , well studying the markets more like it, i still remember in 2004, november, not studying my exams and researching NZO hard out to buy their options lol.

My portfolio, been selling today, have placed sell orders on SMY/PNA/MBL

something about 1929 and this years charts , looking exactly identical, someone called dow last night closing flat... which IMO was like whatever! especially with BoA buying 2 billion in preferences shares in countrywide.

turmoil times possibly, just in my first time, keeping some cash on hand...

ill be taking a 5% loss on MBL

and a 18% loss on SMY

PNA is selling for gains so oh well.

Just to chicken **** at the moment to not have some cash.

regarding the saturday, looks like i wont be able to make it this time, as i have work!

will be keen to make the next meeting though.

Serpie
24-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Shame you can't make the meeting, but work must come first.

I too have been a bit chicken lately. I've stayed out of RMI because it's too volatile, and see it's going for another wee trot today.
I was craving stability, and if the market stays as it is today I'll have my first ever day with a $0.00 result. Boring, but at least it's not a loss.

mattyroo
24-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Heading back to NZ next week. So if I'm going to be in Auckland will try and get along.

AMR
24-08-2007, 04:25 PM
man fellas, ill be keen as to come eh!

mmmm we will c eh fellas, im probably gonna be the only asian there lol

will confirm with you guys later eh!

Really?

I'm asian as well, although I think everyone here talks like middle-aged white men.

Are there any women traders coming? (Females who trade, not men who trade women) :P

Oiler
24-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Heading back to NZ next week. So if I'm going to be in Auckland will try and get along.

Hey Roo you better be in Auckland for the Auckland meeting. I am sure we will have lots to talk about :D

The Auckland meeting is looking like a winner, with Gurus like Macdunk attending and we may even get the Shrewd Crude up from Christchurch. ( the three Amigos strike again :eek: )

We even have Serpie coming up from Christchurch for a few hours just to attend this get together.

Hey guys these meetings are very informal and are a lot of fun and hopefully every one goes away having learned something.

The Auckland meeting is looking like it will overtake the Christchurch meetings for the most attendees. :cool:

Dazza
24-08-2007, 11:19 PM
serpie

ive been up and down like a whore in the past fortnight, down more than up though, monday was a great day up 12% on the portfolio.

but im just getting the shakes at the moment....

trigger happy wishing for the dow to tank tonight, but so be it i guess

i didnt manage to sell SMY, order was placed at 3.60

so oh well, see what the dow shapes up tonite

Serpie
25-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I made 12% on Monday too Dazza.
Well, I say I "made" 12%, but I really didn't have a hell of a lot to do with it. Just a passenger at the moment.

I was surprised to see the DOW well up again last night, but I'm still learning, so in reality nothing should surprise me.

Mattyroo,
Hope you are able to make it on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting the person that dared question King Baz - that's treason!

7 sleeps to go.

STRAT
25-08-2007, 09:38 AM
7 sleeps to go. Im feeling a little intimidated actually. I dont know **** from cheese compared to the rest of yall. I would liken it to meeting to chat about guitar with Steve Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray and Buddy Guy :o

Oiler
25-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Im feeling a little intimidated actually. I dont know **** from cheese compared to the rest of yall. I would liken it to meeting to chat about guitar with Steve Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray and Buddy Guy :o

Now ya talkin ma language Strat !! Blues, southern, guitar legends !

Strat ... dont worry your in good company. :cool:

STRAT
25-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Now ya talkin ma language Strat !! Blues, southern, guitar legends !

Strat ... dont worry your in good company. :cool:I lived in Chicago for a year and spent quite a few friday nights at Buddys :D ( his bar/club, not his house :rolleyes: )

shasta
25-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Im feeling a little intimidated actually. I dont know **** from cheese compared to the rest of yall. I would liken it to meeting to chat about guitar with Steve Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray and Buddy Guy :o

You should go Strat, having met Oiler2, Shrewd Crude & Serpie when they came to the Wellington meeting, it was very enjoyable chatting with them, givin all of us had stocks in common.

Actually, i would encourage any new members to Share Trader in the Auckland area to post in this thread & show up & have a chat to some of the more experienced investors & gain a "free" worthwhile education whilst doing so in a relaxed format over a few drinks.

The Christchurch events are well run & popular & the Wellington event is evolving, would be good to see a successful Auckland event.

Givin that Virgin Blue are issuing $39 one way tickets, AKL - WLG, AKL - CHC, & CHC - WLG we should be able to see a few more "out of towners" attend these events.

Strat - You'll have to come down to a Wellington event too...

STRAT
25-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Strat - You'll have to come down to a Wellington event too...Thanks Shasta. Id like that but I will be in Fiji during the wellington gig. This is why I said it was 50/50 I would make the Auckland meeting. There is a chance that if the main contractor gets their **** in a pile I may have to head out to Fiji early :( Commissioning schedules are a bit of a joke in most industries :rolleyes:

Crypto Crude
27-08-2007, 03:52 PM
It appears that I will be coming to Auckland this weekend also... and flying up with Serpie... still have to confirm tickets, but all is looking good for the Mackdadunk Shrewd showdown..:D...
:cool:
.^sc

Oiler
27-08-2007, 05:18 PM
It appears that I will be coming to Auckland this weekend also... and flying up with Serpie... still have to confirm tickets, but all is looking good for the Mackdadunk Shrewd showdown..:D...
.^sc

Shrewd One you will be flying up with Sir Pee ....ohhh dear !!

We all can't wait for the Macdadunk Shrewd smackdown :eek:

Jeeez jaffas we have two Cantabs attending now, we dont want to be outdone lets see if we can get a couple more to take on the southern amigos.

It looks like we are going to have a great turnout at the Cock and Bull Newmarket 4pm Sat. 1st Sept

Serpie
27-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...

THE THREE AMIGOS!

On ya Shrewdy.

Oiler
27-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...

THE THREE AMIGOS!

On ya Shrewdy.

Sir Pee .... what is this ? Are you trying to do a Sharetrader Haka!

STRAT
27-08-2007, 06:35 PM
all is looking good for the Mackdadunk Shrewd showdown.....

.^scSC, While I love your sense of humour and have absolute and complete respect for everything you say and do Ive just got to say

"Duncan will have ya for dinner I recon";):D:cool:

Serpie
27-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Sir Pee .... what is this ? Are you trying to do a Sharetrader Haka!

I've done 2 hakas in my life Oiler.

The first was in a pub in Prague in 1999 with some guys from the Hawkes Bay. Just before the All Blacks vs England game. 7 kiwis and about 200 English in the pub, and the haka was awesome. The place went nuts, and we smoked the motherland, with Jonah in unstoppable form.

The second was at a wedding in Dublin in 2004, and was awful. Too many of us pakeha. Highly embarassing, and caught on video for all eternity.

No more hakas for me. Will leave future performances to my wee girl, who has both the bloodline and the talent for such things.

No, my quote was directly from The Three Amigos themselves: Dusty Bottoms, Ned Nedderlander, and Lucky Day.
Cinematic gold.

5 more sleeps.

We haven't had anyone else stick their hand up for a couple of days. Who's next?

Crypto Crude
27-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Strat,
you are right Mackdadunk Is a human mulcher..... And I think we will be just fine.....
........ Im just going to be friendly in Auckland in an attempt to persuade his misses into dropping us all off in town afterwards...I hope Mackdadunk has a mini van or a large truck... hes already told us hes getting picked up so theres no way out if this one mackdadunk!!:p:D...
.^sc

duncan macgregor
28-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I might pretend that I am PHAEDRUS so you had better front up mate or your name will be rubbish next week. If i come as phaedrus i might send a stooge in pretending to be macdunk. AH the possibilities are endless for a good night out. My wife has a little red sporty car SHREWDY i feel like a snail trying to leave its shell trying to get out the bloody thing. Macdunk

jonny5
28-08-2007, 02:22 PM
So,

Am I right to assume it's 4PM on Sat 1st at Cock N Bull?

I can try to make it (given I don't go to Ruapehu) as long as noone minds a loud young Yankee (Yeeeehaw)

Might need someone to volunteer to dress as a stiff so I can pick you guys out.

Serpie
28-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I would imagine that after a few scotches the REAL MacDunk won't be able to stay in hiding for very long.

Welcome Jonny5. If you're a Yankee then we'll find you!

seaosh
28-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Lets hope they sell beer.

Serpie
28-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Lets hope they sell beer.

They only sell cocktails in Auckland don't they?

seaosh
28-08-2007, 04:39 PM
They only sell cocktails in Auckland don't they?

That's right. But at least you get to say "Barman, make me a Millionaire!"

Crypto Crude
28-08-2007, 04:52 PM
haha mackdadunk,
Ive already tried that mate...
.... at the last chch meeting, I told a few others that ise Serpie...oiler was cracking up because he new the truth.....
.^sc

Year of the Tiger
28-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm starting to think I'm the only skirt wearer coming to this get together. Can a couple of you guys come in drag so that I don't feel like an interloper at a boys night out?

Ah, maybe Macdunk will don his kilt...;)

YOTT

STRAT
28-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I might pretend that I am PHAEDRUS so you had better front up mate or your name will be rubbish next week. If i come as phaedrus i might send a stooge in pretending to be macdunk. AH the possibilities are endless for a good night out. My wife has a little red sporty car SHREWDY i feel like a snail trying to leave its shell trying to get out the bloody thing. MacdunkSo fellas, If you run into a Scotsman with an eye patch calling himself PHAEDRUS be suspicious. be very suspicious :D
especially if you see him climbing out of the passenger side of a red Lamborghini :D

STRAT
28-08-2007, 06:44 PM
They only sell cocktails in Auckland don't they?Na mate, you can get anything. Even a good Southern ale and people will talk to you even if you know nothing about deer or pig hunting :eek: which I found was one of my short comings other than being an Aucklander last time I was in a Southern pub.
Actually most Aucklanders dont even know mainlanders hate them. Hell a lot of us dont even know where the South Island is :confused::D

duncan macgregor
28-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Na mate, you can get anything. Even a good Southern ale and people will talk to you even if you know nothing about deer or pig hunting :eek: which I found was one of my short comings other than being an Aucklander last time I was in a Southern pub.
Actually most Aucklanders dont even know mainlanders hate them. Hell a lot of us dont even know where the South Island is :confused::D No such thing as a good southern ale STRAT not even in the south Island where ever that is. Macdunk

Serpie
28-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Shaping up nicely:

So far:
Oiler2
Xxamr Corpxx
Kissssik
Zorbah
Seaosh
I T Ancient
YOTT
Serpie
Zyreon
Strat
Macca Dacca Dunc
Mattyroo (possibly)
Rude Shrewd
Jonny5

Apologies:
Dazza

In honour of our gracious hosts, my first drink will have an umbrella and a sparkler in it.

Crypto Crude
28-08-2007, 08:53 PM
[quote]mackdadunk-
No such thing as a good southern ale STRAT not even in the south Island where ever that is. Macdunk
Mackdadunk,
there would be no such thing as the national convention without the South Island...The chch NC will be remembered and your grand crildren maybe talking about it to your great grand children as a bedtime story in many years to come...
little junior mackdadunks eah...
so before you think south Island, think National convention and that way it may refresh you mind if yourve forgotton where the South Island island is...
:p
.^sc

Crypto Crude
28-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Serpie,
Ive noticed my name isnot on your list?
Im still coming arent I?
.^sc

Serpie
28-08-2007, 09:08 PM
You're there SC, although I see I've made a spelling error.

You'd better be going - I've sold tickets for people to see you.

shasta
28-08-2007, 09:19 PM
You're there SC, although I see I've made a spelling error.

You'd better be going - I've sold tickets for people to see you.

Careful you don't turn this into a freak show! :D

I have had polite comments on the Wellington thread, if it's "formal".:eek:

Still think Ponsonby would have been the "Auckland" thing to do...

STRAT
28-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Still think Ponsonby would have been the "Auckland" thing to do...I think you might be right there Shasta. :D

1 The food is better ( mind you compared to the C&B thats no big thing )
2 There is no way it will be seen as a freak show no matter what happens
3 There is a much wider range of drinks with umbrellas for Serpie
4 Easier to get a park for Duncans Lambo
5 Year of the Tiger would be more comfortable as there is no shortage of men in dresses :D

Oiler
29-08-2007, 05:27 AM
I think you might be right there Shasta. :D

1 The food is better ( mind you compared to the C&B thats no big thing )
2 There is no way it will be seen as a freak show no matter what happens
3 There is a much wider range of drinks with umbrellas for Serpie
4 Easier to get a park for Duncans Lambo
5 Year of the Tiger would be more comfortable as there is no shortage of men in dresses :D

OK Strat we will have the next meeting at Ponsnobby where the food is better !

Maccas will have room to park the Lambo ( there is a parking bldg next to C & B )

Certainly more umbrellas for Sir Pee to choose from and YOTT is more likely to see men in dresses.

Serpie you can add boysy to the list as well.

See you all Sat. 4pm at the Cock and Bull. :eek:

Crypto Crude
29-08-2007, 06:12 AM
TOTT....
I had a personal message from Serpie saying that he going to turn up in a dress, so you wont be alone buddy...
.^sc

Arbitrage
29-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Add me to the attendees at the auckland meet. See you at 4.

Serpie
29-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Welcome Arbitrage & Boysy.

As for turning up in a dress - probably less conspicuous than walking around town with a 6ft inflatable dolphin (as was the case at the ChCh meeting) - but no thanks. I still have some pride left, but that may be eroded today after another tough night on the DOW.

BTW, the ladies in the South Island get umbrellas in their pints of Speights - just to be sophisticated.

duncan macgregor
29-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Welcome Arbitrage & Boysy.

As for turning up in a dress - probably less conspicuous than walking around town with a 6ft inflatable dolphin (as was the case at the ChCh meeting) - but no thanks. I still have some pride left, but that may be eroded today after another tough night on the DOW.

BTW, the ladies in the South Island get umbrellas in their pints of Speights - just to be sophisticated. JEEZE how things change. The last time i was in the south Island they filled jugs of beer with a garden hose. This umbrella thing is that to stop it being watered down because it never stops raining down there ?. Sounds like a strange place. Macdunk

Crypto Crude
29-08-2007, 04:40 PM
isnot Northland the most unemployed region in New Zealand?
and Auckland aint contageous, yeah right!!
.^sc

Oiler
30-08-2007, 06:07 PM
:o

It is looking like the Auckland ST get together, on Sat. may beat the Canterbury record :eek: Good to see the numbers growing.

We have the Gurus, the legends, along with the "characters, amigos from the south" Sir Pee and the one and only Shrewd Crude" Welcome to Auckland guys, even if it is only for a few hour visit. :D

Guys/Gals sitting on the sideline this is not a formal type get together, far from it. If history repeats itself then there will be stayers there till the cows come home.

Two more sleeps Serpie :)

Serpie
30-08-2007, 06:14 PM
It's looking like a winner Oiler.
Nothing formal about these things. All shapes and sizes, nice and relaxed.

I don't know how relaxed I'll be after sitting next to Shrewd Crude on the plane though - the man is a bundle of energy. I've got a 5 month old baby, so I was looking forward to catching up on some sleep on the plane - no chance!

Yes - 2 sleeps!

Oiler
30-08-2007, 06:27 PM
It's looking like a winner Oiler.
Nothing formal about these things. All shapes and sizes, nice and relaxed.

I don't know how relaxed I'll be after sitting next to Shrewd Crude on the plane though - the man is a bundle of energy. I've got a 5 month old baby, so I was looking forward to catching up on some sleep on the plane - no chance!

Yes - 2 sleeps!

Its OK to be kept awake by your own 5 month old but by a 22 yo "friend" is another story :rolleyes:

Cheers

seaosh
31-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Well I've been here since 4. Where is everyone?

Oiler
31-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Seaosh sorry to say buddy you are day early, its tomorrow SAT 1st ! See you then :D

Year of the Tiger
31-08-2007, 05:56 PM

[quote=oiler2; It looks like we are going to have a great turnout at the Cock and Bull Newmarket 4pm Sat. 1st Sept[/quote]

Seaosh, What part of 4pm Sat. 1st Sept, don't you understand? :confused:

Cheers
YOTT :D

STRAT
31-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi yall, Im down with the flu. I called the C&B today to see if I could use my credit card over the phone to put some money on the bar for those drinks I promised Duncan and they said no, we dont have that facility here :mad::rolleyes: lol. So I guess I will have to come anyway. Its not horse flu or bird flu and I promise to bring a face mask :cool:

Serpie
31-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Seaosh mate - No doubting your enthusiasm!

I'm all packed for my big trip tomorrow. I have my passport and my Auckland phrase book (latte = coffee) all sorted, and I've had all of my shots.

Strat - you're a machine.

See you all tomorrow.

shasta
31-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Seaosh mate - No doubting your enthusiasm!

I'm all packed for my big trip tomorrow. I have my passport and my Auckland phrase book (latte = coffee) all sorted, and I've had all of my shots.

Strat - you're a machine.

See you all tomorrow.

You'll be fine, just remember to NOT expect 2 coffees when asking for a double expresso & the tiny cups arent meant to be an insult to you!

Also, any reference to SUV's is not some trendy Auckland disease :D

trackers
01-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Hope the meetings going well... I'm flying up to Auckland monday morning 6am so if you're still going then let us know!!

lol... :)

shane_m
01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
people who went there to snap MD using their camera phones, please post the snaps :)

Serpie
01-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Shrewdy and I have made it safely back to the promised land.

Great to meet everyone that we've been chatting to over the past weeks, months and years.

Thank you to the Auckland crowd (which numbered 15-16+) for making us feel so welcome, and special thanks to our host Oiler for looking after us all day.

AMR
01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
What a night! It was a great turnout from everyone. An absolutely brilliant event, and we had a group photo taken. A very large and diverse crowd - thanks to Oiler for pulling it off.

Oiler
02-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Serpie thanks for taking the time away from the new baby and help make the Auckland meeting the GREAT evening that it was.

It was indeed fun to meet the "characters" behind the names on this board. :D With such a group it was hard toget to meet and chat with everyone......but hey we can have another meeting to catch up with the people we didnt get to talk to this time. Thanks to everyone for taking some time out of your evening to attend.

Special thanks to Shrewd Crude for conceding that MacDadunk is the GURU !!

So many interesting people to meet and talk with

Sir Pee/SC thanks for telling me to park in the parking building. Went back to get my car at 11pm and it was gone........towed out of the building, so guess what I am doing today!!!:mad:

STRAT
02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Thankyou Oiler for bringing together a fun evening.
Im very glad I dragged my self out of bed to come and meet you all. Im disappointed, only in the fact I had to leave early and so didn’t get a chance to meet and talk more with everyone. Hope no body caught my germs.:eek:
Didn’t get to talking blues legends with Oiler. Next time eh? and I missed Shrewd Crude conceding that Duncan is the GURU !!:D
I particularly enjoyed meeting Duncan and Shrewd, the three of us together spanning 3 generations.
Huge effort I thought, on the part of Serpie and Shrewd coming all that way for just an evening with a bunch of jaffas. :D

duncan macgregor
02-09-2007, 07:49 AM
people who went there to snap MD using their camera phones, please post the snaps :) SHANE Macdunk took his own camera there and got the barmaid to take a couple of group photographs. Some people ducked out [TAX REASONS I SUPPOSE]. If nobody posts any pictures of the event send me your Email address and i will get my missus to send them on. I am to stupid for that sort of thing sometimes i can do it sometimes i cant. I had a good time showed my mate SHREWDY how to strut so that at the next meeting he can pretend to be Major Von Tempsey. The YEAR of the Tiger was the only surprize i expected a chinese lady, not as it turned out a very charming KIWI SHEALA. I was the oldest one there by three years, which was a bit of a surprize i expected there to be more crinklies than there was. Thanks for coming all the way up from christchurch guys, you are an interesting lot. Macdunk

STRAT
02-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Macdunk took his own camera there and got the barmaid to take a couple of group photographs.Strat got the bar maid to take the photo with Mandunks camera if I remember correctly. Just keeping you honest Duncan lol :D:D:D

duncan macgregor
02-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Thats only because you wanted Macdunk in the picture Strat so that people would know who to throw stones at. I really only told a white lie to save you from that embarrassment. Macdunk

STRAT
02-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Thats very kind of you Duncan :D:D:D

You did say "keep me honest":cool:

seaosh
02-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Was great to meet everyone. We should do it more often.

Crypto Crude
02-09-2007, 09:03 AM
STORY TIME:
True MD story....
a pretty young Blonde bar lady no older than 25-30 came over to collect emptys, and Mackdadunk said "you look like my wife".... the lady dissapeared quicker than quick, infact she scattered..... The truth of the story was, that the pretty lady did look like MD's Wife and MD's dodgy eye got him confused...She probably thought MD was one sicck basstard...haha....
we were cracking up....

Big Ups to Oiler for organising the event.... I think its safe to say that the National convention honours are still held in CHCH...
it takes a talent to get an event like the one in Auckland moving...
big ups to you.... Id like to thank serpie for everything, which includes"........ .......... ........", cheers amigos...

I T ancient wasnot ancient...
Seaosh was not really one day early...
Serpie didnot really want 4 drinks, even though he asked for them...
Year of the Tiger never really wore a dress...
mackdunk is not really a tiger, hes a pussy cat...:D...
for-real....meow....

oiler2-
1....Special thanks to Shrewd Crude for conceding that MacDadunk is the GURU !!

1.... I dont remember saying that out aloud... his profile says he a guru, so I'll go along with that...

shout out to arbitrage: "altiora Peto"
it was nice chatting to all the others.........
strat, xx a Corp xx ... and meeting mattyroo....
lata all, now it is your turn to repay the favour and come to the National convention....
.^sc

I.T.Ancient
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks oiler that was great.

Excellent effort from Shrewdie & Serpie to come all that way. Just to cement the CHCH/AKL camaraderie, both Canterbury and the Warriors won.

When I arrived there was a black merc parked outside with an asian driver and number plate "TIGER", so I recon YOTT was cleverly disguised.

Footsie
02-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Darn i missed this event....

i just stopped reading this thread given it was my idea in the first place and it ended in a flop- with nobody being that interested

so i am surprised to read that you all met up!

is there going to be another?

Year of the Tiger
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
It was great to be able to put some faces to some of the characters on here and to share some views and opinions. Thanks for doing all the organising Oiler.

I.T.Ancient, sadly the black merc wasn't mine, or the number plate.... and the asian driver wasn't my chauffeur so I was able to come along sans disguise... :D

Cheers all, until next time.
YOTT

Oiler
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Darn i missed this event....

i just stopped reading this thread given it was my idea in the first place and it ended in a flop- with nobody being that interested

so i am surprised to read that you all met up!

is there going to be another?

Footsie..is there going to be another meeting?

There will be when I can afford to get get my car out of hock ! :D $250 later.

Don't park in a Tournament Parking area...they have 1st Recovery cruising there parking areas .............. who just happen to be one and the same company !! :mad:

Arbitrage
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah we've gotta have another one. I didn't have time to talk to everyone that I wanted to meet. Excellent event and good to put a face to a name. Great to see the boys from ChCh turn up. Altiora peto Shrewdy. AND we got the shield back home.

Maybe we could organise a speaker from a public company, a broker or from the NZX? then a few drinks afterwards... Any other thoughts welcome. I am happy to organise one.

Best larf of the nite was everyone saying "burgerfuel" just before the group photo was taken. Got everyone smiling..

Year of the Tiger
02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Best larf of the nite was everyone saying "burgerfuel" just before the group photo was taken. Got everyone smiling..

I missed the team pic...:(

That's because I was up at the bar geting my own burgerfuel, (of the liquid variety), but hey, I'm not worried, I have this obsession with being on the clicking side of a camera rather than the "say cheese" side.

But I am looking forward to seeing the pic so hopefully it will be put onto a site where we can all see it. Maybe we can then have a competition to see if anyone here on Sharetrader can correctly match the faces to the nickname.

Cheers
YOTT

duncan macgregor
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
PHOTOGRAPHS that were taken at the Auckland get together will be Emailed on request to those people who are actually in it. Administration rightly states that peoples privacy might be a concern for some. I will Email them to you if you are actually in it with the condition that it is not published on this or any other forum. Send me your Email address for a copy . STRAT, JAY, and xxamri_corpxx, so far. Macdunk

STRAT
03-09-2007, 07:52 AM
PHOTOGRAPHS that were taken at the Auckland get together will be Emailed on request to those people who are actually in it. Administration rightly states that peoples privacy might be a concern for some. I will Email them to you if you are actually in it with the condition that it is not published on this or any other forum. Send me your Email address for a copy . STRAT, JAY, and xxamri_corpxx, so far. MacdunkThanks Duncan, I would like a copy but to be honest I didnt want my ugly mug on the internet anyway.:D

Crypto Crude
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I missed the photo aswell... Ise up at the bar ordering drinks and chatting to YOTT... I would have looked like this after burgerfuel was said anyway, :eek:....

Mackdadunk, I wasnt in the photo, but I wouldnot mind a copy...
you have my email, cheers...
catch you lot around
.^sc

Serpie
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Oiler me ol' mate.
Very sorry to hear about your car being towed. $250! Luckily they don't charge by weight, otherwise it could've been much more expensive.
What I want to know is why you were going back to your car at 11pm? Perhaps it was best that they towed it!

Once again we only scratched the surface in terms of talking to everyone, but that's how it goes. The ChCh meetings are held quarterly, and the Wellington ones even more frequently than that, so no doubt the Auckland meeting will become a regular event as well.

Most memorable moment for me: MaccaDunk teaching Shrewdy how to strut - old school style.

Crypto Crude
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
serpie,
Mackdadunk surely knows how to shake a tail feather....
.^sc

Oiler
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Oiler me ol' mate.
Very sorry to hear about your car being towed. $250! Luckily they don't charge by weight, otherwise it could've been much more expensive.
What I want to know is why you were going back to your car at 11pm? Perhaps it was best that they towed it!

Once again we only scratched the surface in terms of talking to everyone, but that's how it goes. The ChCh meetings are held quarterly, and the Wellington ones even more frequently than that, so no doubt the Auckland meeting will become a regular event as well.

Most memorable moment for me: MaccaDunk teaching Shrewdy how to strut - old school style.

Hola Amigo..... you making fun of my car ;) after you two Amigos left to go back to CHC, Seaosh and SCs friend ( gal ) stayed on and we got into a BIG heated discussion about Chinas position with regards to Taiwan Japan and Korea. Seeosh speaks Chinese .......after a few more drinks we got kicked out of the place, so I headed back to the parking building to feed the meter and lo and behold "no car" so ended up walking home. :mad:

There is no doubt about having another Auckland meeting. Sounds like late Oct early November!

A guest speaker has even been suggested. How about we try and get Phaedrus to come. He would have to get his talk over though before the drinks start flowing or we wouldnt hear him over the bar talk and SC practising the "strut" :)

Talking of Christchurch meetings? When is the next one? May even get a few Blues to attend the National Convention. "are you reading this MacD"

Wellington meeting looks like it is going to be winner as well.....numbers up

duncan macgregor
03-09-2007, 04:17 PM
PHAEDRUS would be an excellant choice. I would suggest for a real packed house at the town hall with a PHAEDRUS versus SNOOPY debate. Lets have them in a TA versus FA debate with Macdunk sitting on the fence as ring master. I do both and have the biggest mouth with boxing experiance making me the logical choice as MR IN BETWEEN.
I have crossed swords with both of them over the years, it would be a super heavyweight contest not to be missed at any price. Macdunk
DISCL my fee is a double scotch and lemonade.

Lizard
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
DISCL my fee is a double scotch and lemonade.

Per attendee??? :eek::p

STRAT
03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
PHAEDRUS would be an excellant choice. I would suggest for a real packed house at the town hall with a PHAEDRUS versus SNOOPY debate. Lets have them in a TA versus FA debate with Macdunk sitting on the fence as ring master. I do both and have the biggest mouth with boxing experiance making me the logical choice as MR IN BETWEEN.
I have crossed swords with both of them over the years, it would be a super heavyweight contest not to be missed at any price. Macdunk
DISCL my fee is a double scotch and lemonade.How about Macdunk v's Snoopy with PHAEDRUS as ref. Id buy Duncans scotch's all night to see that :D

Dazza
05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
hey fellas

good to hear u all had a good time eh

bugger i couldnt come

I have been wanting to go to the NZO AGM too back in 2006, however every year its held around october!!! when i have my exams

oh well im sure one day i will make it to these gatherings

keep us posted as to when the next one is!

Oiler
05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
OK Auckland.

The year is fast slipping away and before we know it all those xmas and end of year functions will start kicking into your calendars.

How about we have our ST end of year on the 27th Oct 4pm at the Cock and Bull Newmarket.

Do we have any takers?

Note the Auckland meeting is before Wellington (10th or 17th Nov)and the National Convention in Christchurch (2nd Nov) We may even get a visitor or two from Wellington this time.

Year of the Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
OK Auckland.

The year is fast slipping away and before we know it all those xmas and end of year functions will start kicking into your calendars.

How about we have our ST end of year on the 27th Oct 4pm at the Cock and Bull Newmarket.

Do we have any takers?

Note the Auckland meeting is before Wellington (10th or 17th Nov)and the National Convention in Christchurch (2nd Nov) We may even get a visitor or two from Wellington this time.

This tiger will raise a paw to start the counting...

I'd just like to add that this is a call to other skirt-wearers (not macdunk in his kilt :p), girls, ladies, women or whatever you like to call yourselves, come along and don't let the guys outnumber us. I can't believe that there are only a few of us in Auckland who read this forum and are interested in coming out to meet some of the other members and observers.
Cheers
YOTT

STRAT
05-10-2007, 01:47 PM
and the National Convention in Christchurch .Is this really the offical National Convention or just called such by the Mainlanders??:D:D:D

Oiler, Im keen if I am in NZ at that time. Will let you ASAP. Are you going to the next Wellington meet? I thought we could kiddnap Duncan and take him along :eek::D

Serpie
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
We leave in a democratic society Strat, so the title of National Convention is always up for grabs - based on attendance.
We'll start sparking up the ChCh thread soon, and will be looking to number 30 attendees again.
As always, you can "borrow" attendees from other regions, so if you can get a few of the Wellingtonians up you may well challenge for the title.

I won't be able to make this Auckland meet, but maybe the next one.

seaosh
05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I should be up for it.

duncan macgregor
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I will be there regardless of the time or date love to meet some newbies to the game. Macdunk

STRAT
06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
We leave in a democratic society Strat, so the title of National Convention is always up for grabs - based on attendance.
We'll start sparking up the ChCh thread soon, and will be looking to number 30 attendees again.
As always, you can "borrow" attendees from other regions, so if you can get a few of the Wellingtonians up you may well challenge for the title.

I won't be able to make this Auckland meet, but maybe the next one. Serpie, Id love another chance to meet up with you fellas. I wasnt very bright eyed or bushy tailed last time. :(

Oiler
07-10-2007, 12:56 PM
This tiger will raise a paw to start the counting...

I'd just like to add that this is a call to other skirt-wearers (not macdunk in his kilt :p), girls, ladies, women or whatever you like to call yourselves, come along and don't let the guys outnumber us. I can't believe that there are only a few of us in Auckland who read this forum and are interested in coming out to meet some of the other members and observers.
Cheers
YOTT

Thanks for kickin off the count YOTT...... go gettem Tiger !

Hope you can make it STRAT would be good to chew the fat with ya. :D

Serpie apologies accepted this time ;)

Macdunk and Seaosh welcome along again.

Wellington group.......... how many can we round up from the Capital. Shasta,Lizard,Lakeys,MoSteph,Stephen,whiteheron etc come join the fun in Auckland.

Lets keep those names rolling in and see if we can beat last meetings turnout and claim the National Convention title from Christchurch. :cool:

AMR
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Looks like a great way to have a break from exams while learning a bit about shares. I'll be in again, hopefully I can stay the whole night/morning (if you lot are that chatty) and have a blast of a time.

Oiler
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Looks like a great way to have a break from exams while learning a bit about shares. I'll be in again, hopefully I can stay the whole night/morning (if you lot are that chatty) and have a blast of a time.

Welcome along XC. We are a chatty lot as you may recall from the last meeting especially after a couple of drinks.

we are at the Cock and Bull 4pm Saturday 27th October... I am sure you will learn something :D

Serpie
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Serpie, Id love another chance to meet up with you fellas. I wasnt very bright eyed or bushy tailed last time. :(

I got the impression that you'd be quite a handful at "full noise" Strat, so maybe it was a good thing that you were subdued by that flu!
Will definitely come up for another one, and will wont rush off to the airport next time.

Lizard
09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi Oiler, Not this time. Looks like I'm stuck in Auckland for the weekend of 15 Dec though if you want to squish in another pre-Xmas?

Oiler
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi Oiler, Not this time. Looks like I'm stuck in Auckland for the weekend of 15 Dec though if you want to squish in another pre-Xmas?

Lizard that may well be possible..... we need to get our numbers up for the next "meeting" on the 27th.

I am sure there are Aucklanders that would love to chat with you.... including myself,even though we did meet for a couple of minutes at a Wellington meeting.

Christchurch National Convention would love to see you there as well ;). Right Amigos :D

Serpie
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Absolutely Oiler.
Lizard is the guru on analysis, and would be a welcome addition to the National Convention.

Crypto Crude
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
absolutely oiler...
... yup dead right amigo....
dont matter if you have a long tounge... dont matter if you have four legs......dont even matter if your as green as me smiley man :D....
we have tried our best to accomodate such people, have replaced flies with bar snacks... sorry for the inconvience to some...
welcome as lizard... :p

STRAT- Is this really the offical National Convention or just called such by the Mainlanders?
strat,
trust me brother... it is the offical NC...voted NC 3 times over by the wall street journal... I agree with sir pee about the handful thing.... haha...

duncan macgregor-I will be there regardless of the time or date love to meet some newbies to the game

K road, 3am.... See you there MD...
.^sc

STRAT
11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
strat,
trust me brother... it is the offical NC...voted NC 3 times over by the wall street journal... I agree with sir pee about the handful thing.... haha...

.^scOK fellas I accept Christchurch is the holder of the National Convention.

For now. ;)

But handful???? :eek: Who have you fellas been talking to? I assure you both, thats all in the past:D:D:D:cool:

Oiler
18-10-2007, 12:14 PM
We have a little over a week to go to Auckland meeting !!

So far we have

YOTT
MacDunk
Seaosh
XamrCorp
Strat

We will never make it to the National Convention Title with numbers like this. :(

If we dont get a bigger group we may just wait till the 15th December when Lizard from Wellington would be a guest.

What you say Auckland ?

Jay
18-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I would try amd make the 15th December.
Like to meet a few of the "characters".
Although I am not young by SC standards, reasonably new to the investing/trading.
Have been lurking, reading and most importantly learning from this site for some time though.

STRAT
18-10-2007, 12:25 PM
15th sounds better to me Oiler.

Year of the Tiger
18-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm all ok with the 15th as well, just one condition though, will Macdunk wear his Santa suit?
YOTT

seaosh
18-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm OK with either really. . .

Arbitrage
18-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Either date is fine with me.

Oiler
18-10-2007, 05:11 PM
AN EXECUTIVE DECISION !!!

The ShareTrader meeting planned for the 27th Oct. has been held over until the 15th Dec Saturday.

MacDunk a challenge has been put down for you to come dressed as Santa :D

Lizard see what you have to look forward to !! MacDunk in a kilt :)

Wellington and Christchurch come and celebrate Xmas in Auckland with Santa MacDunk.

Guaranteed to be the social event of the year !!

boysy
18-10-2007, 05:25 PM
15th sounds good

Oiler
18-10-2007, 05:33 PM
15th sounds good

Welcome along boysy !

I am sure you will have a lot to talk to MacDunk about. PRC and NZO

Perhaps I should remind people it is at the Cock and Bull in Newmarket 4pm. and a free drink for everyone.

Who knows Santa MacDunk may have something for all attendees :D

duncan macgregor
18-10-2007, 05:53 PM
JEEZE you guys are a tough lot. You want old macdunk to not only wear a kilt but come dressed up as Santa bearing gifts. Maybe if i just lie on the floor and let you kick christ out of me might suffice. I will be there on the 15th look forward to having a laugh might bring her indoors with me. I will bring the camera for a group photo to display on sharetrader. The people that dont want to be in the photo for privacy reasons can stay out of it no problem. Macdunk

shasta
18-10-2007, 06:01 PM
AN EXECUTIVE DECISION !!!

The ShareTrader meeting planned for the 27th Oct. has been held over until the 15th Dec Saturday.

MacDunk a challenge has been put down for you to come dressed as Santa :D

Lizard see what you have to look forward to !! MacDunk in a kilt :)

Wellington and Christchurch come and celebrate Xmas in Auckland with Santa MacDunk.

Guaranteed to be the social event of the year !!

Havent been up to the city of sails this year, so i will try & attend this one Oiler...

Great concept these meetings & with the $39 one way flights from Nov 15, on Pacific Blue would be good to travel up...

AMR
18-10-2007, 06:22 PM
JEEZE you guys are a tough lot. You want old macdunk to not only wear a kilt but come dressed up as Santa bearing gifts. Maybe if i just lie on the floor and let you kick christ out of me might suffice. I will be there on the 15th look forward to having a laugh might bring her indoors with me. I will bring the camera for a group photo to display on sharetrader. The people that dont want to be in the photo for privacy reasons can stay out of it no problem. Macdunk

You don't need to dress up to look like Santa :P

I will definitely be there on the 15th - much better for me, exams are out of the way.

Lizard
18-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Well I will certainly look forward to meeting you all on 15th Dec then!

May be a little late, as I have a lunch engagement in West Auckland. With my not-so-trusty Navman in charge, I will probably be still doing U-turns at 4pm...

AMR
19-10-2007, 09:44 AM
For those on public transport, the Link drops you off pretty much right in front of Cock and Bull. From memory, you can get on at most places in the city.

Oiler
19-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Well I will certainly look forward to meeting you all on 15th Dec then!

May be a little late, as I have a lunch engagement in West Auckland. With my not-so-trusty Navman in charge, I will probably be still doing U-turns at 4pm...

Dont worry Liz we will get MacDunk in his Santa suit to come and save you :D

Looks like we are going to have a good turnout for the new date Dec.15th

Shasta ..look forward to seeing you in "The City of Sails" and welcome along to all you other Welly comrades...Lakeys, Stephen, MoSteph, etc etc... love to see you all up here.
We need you to help Auckland take away the National Convention title from Christchurch. yeahhh right :)

duncan macgregor
19-10-2007, 07:07 PM
May i suggest that everyone going bring a gift costing less than five dollars in a plain wrapper. We can pass them around given out of santas bag. The best gift by majority decision who will remain unknown, until after the voting, will get a prize from macdunk for being so cunning. If Macdunk flukes it, then its doubles all night from you lot. Five dollars is the maximum allowed to spend on the gift, no cheating, head for the two dollar shop and start thinking.
looking forward to meeting old friends and hopefully newbies to the game. Macdunk

Dazza
20-10-2007, 07:37 PM
jolly good show gentlemen

i should be able to make it 15th right, saturday so i will be working full time then, however i get saturdays off

time fellas?

will be good to meet and greet the fellas, i missed last times one but this one should be good

im keen to meet up with shasta and duncan talk about the company/individual , trader/investor scenario and how you guys do it.

Nitaa
24-10-2007, 04:55 AM
i may be able to attend. one thing i dont want to see is macdunk walk out half way through the night complaining about all the dribble. People, the great macdunk walked out of nzo last year as he didnt like the spin doctor too much so if you are trying to put one over him..forget it.

what i would be looking forward to is to see if macduck is actually Billy Connelly incognito. Every time i see macdunks name good ol Billy's image appears in my mind... scraggy hair and beard, jandals, a can of bear in one hand and talking with an accent no one can understand. Not forgetting that every sentence has the words fock this and fock that in it. Along side of him at the bar is his best friend, his dog with only 3 legs, broken tail, blind in one eye and answers to the name of Lucky.

duncan macgregor
24-10-2007, 06:58 AM
i may be able to attend. one thing i dont want to see is macdunk walk out half way through the night complaining about all the dribble. People, the great macdunk walked out of nzo last year as he didnt like the spin doctor too much so if you are trying to put one over him..forget it.

what i would be looking forward to is to see if macduck is actually Billy Connelly incognito. Every time i see macdunks name good ol Billy's image appears in my mind... scraggy hair and beard, jandals, a can of bear in one hand and talking with an accent no one can understand. Not forgetting that every sentence has the words fock this and fock that in it. Along side of him at the bar is his best friend, his dog with only 3 legs, broken tail, blind in one eye and answers to the name of Lucky.
C_MON NITA, You are only scared to sit on santas knee and tell him what a good girl you are. I think you will turn out to be a lovely person looking forward to seeing if I am ight. Macdunk

STRAT
24-10-2007, 10:13 AM

LOL, Prier to meeting Duncan I had an image in my minds eye also. Any of you seen the Cadbury chocolate add which starts with some African American guy on roller skates in California and ends with a burly Scotsman in a kilt tossing a log which is actually a huge chocolate bar. Forget the California and the chocolate part but if you have seen it you will know what I mean.

Then I met him, and hes a perfect gent. Not scary at all.;)

duncan macgregor
25-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Those coming to the Auckland get together in no particular order.
Year of the tiger, Seaosh, Arbitrage, Boysy, Oiler, Shasta, Xxamr Corpxx, Lizard, Dazza, Nita, Strat, Serpie, Jay, Macdunk. Fourteen so far more to come hopefully.

Oiler
25-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Those coming to the Auckland get together in no particular order.
Year of the tiger, Seaosh, Arbitrage, Boysy, Oiler, Shasta, Xxamr Corpxx, Lizard, Dazza, Nita, Strat, Serpie, Jay, Macdunk. Fourteen so far more to come hopefully.

MacDunk I am sure as the Xmas silly season gets closer and Santa comes out to "ho ho ho" everyone we will get a lot more people into the spirit.

You in a kilt and Nita sitting on your knee will guarantee a sell out !! :D

We do have almost 2 months to go so we have time to guarantee a ripper of a night.

I can see it now... Strat with his guitar playing to YOTT, MacDunk being Santa, Serpie and Shrewdie doing the Macdunk strut ....... etc etc

Year of the Tiger
25-10-2007, 06:13 PM
And just a reminder to those who attended the last get together in Auckland. I am not the little Asian lady in the Merc with the Tiger number plate.....:D

Cheers
YOTT

Capybara
25-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Im keen as long as I can get the time off...

Nitaa
26-10-2007, 01:49 PM
And just a reminder to those who attended the last get together in Auckland. I am not the little Asian lady in the Merc with the Tiger number plate.....:D

Cheers
YOTTYou ID is interesting YOTT. When i was married my husband i was convinced that he was born 'Year of the Horse". I became quite surprised when he told me he was actually "Year of the Pig" After a couple of years marriage i realise that he wasnt kidding

shane_m
28-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Macdunk will be presenting "the time line theory" followed by cheap party pack nibbles from foodtown prepared by Nita.

get in there with the phone cameras guys. post the pictures here. :D you know I would have done it if it was in Sydney.

Nitaa
30-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Nita on santas knee, santa in a kilt, nita might be dissapointed with what santa has got her for xmas. When nita has a look at the package only to find its full of hot air. i know i will not have anything to fear with cameras floating around. However, i owuldnt be surpirsed if we see santa on you tube before the night is out.

boysy
30-10-2007, 08:20 PM
will sure be interesting linking names to faces when we meet thats for sure

Oiler
02-12-2007, 05:22 PM
It is time to kick the Auckland Share Trader meeting forum into life again.

Saturday the 15th at the Cock and Bull, Newmarket 4pm.

Look forward to seeing Shasta from Wellington (flying up on $29 Pacific Blue fares) good luck Shasta ;)

Time to get organised all you out of towners !

This meeting is going to be a cracker as we overtake Christchurch for the National Convention title :D

shasta
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
It is time to kick the Auckland Share Trader meeting forum into life again.

Saturday the 15th at the Cock and Bull, Newmarket 4pm.

Look forward to seeing Shasta from Wellington (flying up on $29 Pacific Blue fares) good luck Shasta ;)

Time to get organised all you out of towners !

This meeting is going to be a cracker as we overtake Christchurch for the National Convention title :D

Not sure i can make this event Oiler, have been preoccupied with securing my next contract.

Will see what develops

duncan macgregor
03-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Not sure i can make this event Oiler, have been preoccupied with securing my next contract.

Will see what develops Sounds like a cock and bull excuse to me SHASTA. Hope you make it MACDUNK

Year of the Tiger
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok, just a week to go....

Hands up all of those who will be there, hoping to be there, just may be there, or are thinking, what the hell is this I am missing out on.........

Saturday afternoon, at Cock N Bull, Newmarket. 4.00pm.

Should be a good bit of a do.... :D

Cheers, YOTT

Jay
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Unlikley I will be there now, the better half has arranged us to visit the relies up north and won't be back to til late saturday or Sunday.
Was looking forward to meeting DM too.

Oiler
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Ok, just a week to go....

Hands up all of those who will be there, hoping to be there, just may be there, or are thinking, what the hell is this I am missing out on.........

Saturday afternoon, at Cock N Bull, Newmarket. 4.00pm.

Should be a good bit of a do.... :D

Cheers, YOTT

Right on YOTT

From a month back we had the following, in no particular order.

Lizard (Wellington)
Nita
YOTT
Boysy
Strat
MACDUNK (the infamous Santa)
Seaosh
Arbitrage
Dazza
XamrCorp (now AMR)
Oiler

apologies from Mattyroo---- slumming/sunning in the French Med.:cool:

who have I missed???

seaosh
10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Yep, I will be there. . .

I.T.Ancient
10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi Folks

I'll be at a function on sunny Waiheke that day. Have a great time.

Arbitrage
10-12-2007, 09:41 AM
yes i will be there....

AMR
10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Still here and I will stay the whole session this time. What time did you lot knock off last year?

duncan macgregor
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
yes i will be there....
Everyone shot through leaving I T ANCIENT and my goodself chewing the fat while we waited on my lovely lady to pick me up about 8-30 i think. I might be a touch late on sat grandsons third birthday at Whangarei sat lunch time. Thats where all Santas toys are going, you lot who have been bad to santa deserve nuthin. Shrewd and Crude shot through with a chinese lady who he failed to introduce. Strat had the golly wobbles was pretty crook. Year of the tiger told me its only her birth year so she is ?? years old to the nearest ten years. I was told that there were to many shifty characters in the group to publish the Photographs which is no cock and bull story, as Vince will back me up on that one. The South Island people had to catch the plane back all left about eight. It seems they have an open sewer that runs right through Christchurch that the ducks like to polute according to one of them, whose name escapes me but it might come back to me later.
See you all there Macdunk

Dazza
10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
is it this weekend is it?
saturday at 6pm?

Oiler
10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
is it this weekend is it?
saturday at 6pm?

Dazza it is this weekend Sat. 15th @ 4pm at the Cock and Bull in Newmarket.
Come meet Santa and the rest of the Auckland crew :D

STRAT
10-12-2007, 09:05 PM
The South Island people had to catch the plane back all left about eight. It seems they have an open sewer that runs right through Christchurch that the ducks like to polute according to one of them, whose name escapes me but it might come back to me later.
See you all there MacdunkThat would be Serpie :cool:

Serpie
10-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Gees, I must have been drunk. I don't remember talking so fondly of our wee creek. I'm not going to argue with MacDunk though.

Not there for this meeting, and with depleted numbers at the last ChCh meeting I wouldn't want to be among the Aucklanders for the National Convention head count.

Have a great night.

STRAT
10-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Gees, I must have been drunk. I don't remember talking so fondly of our wee creek. I'm not going to argue with MacDunk though.

Not there for this meeting, and with depleted numbers at the last ChCh meeting I wouldn't want to be among the Aucklanders for the National Convention head count.

Have a great night.Perhaps Duncan was drunk and it was Shrewd whos name he forgot :D

shane_m
10-12-2007, 11:01 PM
wheres the pic?

Dazza
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
suggestions on where to park? as it wont be after 6pm!

duncan macgregor
12-12-2007, 06:13 AM
suggestions on where to park? as it wont be after 6pm!
carpark building straight opposite. Macdunk

Oiler
13-12-2007, 08:26 PM
carpark building straight opposite. Macdunk

Dazza there maybe free parking up off Nuffield street under the motorway if you dont mind a 5 to 10 min walk.

Do we have any late takers? Every one is welcome and dont forget it is Xmas so there may well be some goodies from Santa.

Auckland team remember to give a big welcome the Analytical guru Lizard from Wellington.

Apologies accepted from my two fellow amigos from Christchurch, Serpie and Shrewdie.

Some how we have to find a way to have a countrywide get together. I have met so many very interesting people at the Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch meetings over the last year and it would be good to bring them all together in one location.

Think about it, I am open to suggestions. :)

whiteheron
13-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Oiler

I would love to be able to make it to the Auckland meeting --- it sounds like it will be a big and great event
Good luck

As far as a countrywide get together is concerned, this certainly sounds appealing to me

shasta
13-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Oiler

I would love to be able to make it to the Auckland meeting --- it sounds like it will be a big and great event
Good luck

As far as a countrywide get together is concerned, this certainly sounds appealing to me

Would have to be in the Nations Capital, with the NZX right next door & we have a ready made venue on the waterfront :D

AMR
13-12-2007, 09:07 PM
We will need a quick fingered person to buy a pile of those discounted virgin blue fares for the rest of us. Any volunteers?

Really keen to meet those outside Auckland. Heck, we could even get ourselves a guest speaker if there are enough of us. Oiler, do ya reckon you could get your boss Jonathan Ling to spend a night drinking with the sharetrader crew? :D:D:D

Lizard
14-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Flying up this morning, so hope you've got good weather there in Auckland.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. :)

Serpie
14-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd be a starter for a national "super meeting".

The only problem is that you don't get enough time to talk to everyone in just one evening, so if people are travelling from around the country I think we'd have to do something a bit more comprehensive.

I'd like to see inside the NZX. I don't know if there's anything to see, but wouldn't mind a look.

Crypto Crude
14-12-2007, 03:03 PM
serpie,
A super meeting is a great idea...
first we would have to work out which city to hold it in, and then
abit of trial and error with the (foreigners-so to speak). until we work out when most ppl could attend...(event likely in CHCH) haha...
We could select the city which has the biggest turnout of people and then organise for late next year or something......?
.^sc

Oiler
14-12-2007, 04:50 PM
We will need a quick fingered person to buy a pile of those discounted virgin blue fares for the rest of us. Any volunteers?

Really keen to meet those outside Auckland. Heck, we could even get ourselves a guest speaker if there are enough of us. Oiler, do ya reckon you could get your boss Jonathan Ling to spend a night drinking with the sharetrader crew? :D:D:D

AMR we need to put a plan together first. I think the guest speaker idea is a good one. The meeting would need to planned well in advance before I would even ask JL. Good thought though... he is a great motivational speaker ;)

Lets hear people thoughts on Sat at the Auckland meet. I see me ole buddy Shrewdie is trying to sway the board to Christchurch which is a fair call, but !!!! we need more discussion first. :D

See yall Sat night

rotweiller
14-12-2007, 05:25 PM
OK you Auckland lot.
This is Big Daddie in the Sky - 600 metre above Nelson in the Fire Lookout and keeping an eye on you lot for any misbehaviour on Saturday.
Actually have a good view of the NZOG oil rig anchored 12k offshore in Tasman Bay apparently being cleaned up before going South or is it over to Aussie.
All the best for tomorrow but u wont beat Chch, and remember Big Daddie has his beady eye on you,especially Nita and that Scot..
Cheers
Rotweiller

Crypto Crude
14-12-2007, 08:03 PM
OK you Auckland lot.
This is Big Daddie in the Sky

HAHAHA:D:D...
.^sc

seaosh
15-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I was in there at 4pm and nobody showed up! I ended up chatting with this bunch of weirdos just to pass the time.

Oiler
16-12-2007, 07:32 AM
I was in there at 4pm and nobody showed up! I ended up chatting with this bunch of weirdos just to pass the time.

Were you one of those weirdos to. Must of been a good conversation because I managed to wander my way home around 12:30. ;)

Another great evening with 13 people showing up including our two out of town visitors Lizard Wellington and Admin girl from Rotorua. Always good to meet new people instead of the same ole Macdunk "passing the parcel" Sombody else has the parcel now and have become a new NZO investor. :eek:

duncan macgregor
16-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I blame STRAT myself he introduced the parcel which was passed around like a hot potatoe. LIZ demanded it be opened to see once and for all if indeed it was worth nothing. PAPER TIGER got her claws into it tore it to shreds then suggested photographs be taken to give out the secrets in advance of the event to save investors making mistakes in holding or selling. I as usual sat back saying nothing, prefer to see this photograph before makig further comment. Good to see so many nice people the heel snappers were all missing. We all had another little bet on who would make the first childish comment about the parcel photograph so dont let me down ----- ------ Macdunk

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:03 AM
I blame STRAT myself he introduced the parcel which was passed around like a hot potatoe.
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag/plain paper wrapped parcel Duncan. I was thinking stabbed in the back but I will take it as a stern jab in the ribbs with an extended index finger instead;)

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:16 AM
A good night and a nice bunch of people. Not being in a drug induced stupa this time, many distorted memories from the last one were cleared up for me. For example Seaosh isnt the nice young fella from HongKong and AMR is. Of course Seaosh is a nice fella. Many urban myths revealed which of course I cannot disclose for political reasons and fear for my own safety. Yall will just have to come along to the next one.;)
Duncan and Oiler were their usual charming selves. Nice to meet Liz ( that was a treat for me ) Great to see Vicky (and friends) there too:p. Thanks everyone.

Oiler, what were you doing wandering the streets for four hours ?:eek: Hope it wasnt because of anything you found in that parcel :D:D:D

duncan macgregor
16-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag/plain paper wrapped parcel Duncan. I was thinking stabbed in the back but I will take it as a stern jab in the ribbs with an extended index finger instead;) Thats the sign of a good trader never let an opportunity pass you by. Thats unless its a parcel with little or no chance of coming good. What you reckon STRAT a good event with nice people no whippersnappers in sight. I cant remember who you picked for the negative first comment on the parcel photograph so no cheating this time when they front up. Macdunk

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Thats the sign of a good trader never let an opportunity pass you by. Thats unless its a parcel with little or no chance of coming good. What you reckon STRAT a good event with nice people no whippersnappers in sight. I cant remember who you picked for the negative first comment on the parcel photograph so no cheating this time when they front up. MacdunkIn the interest of full disclosure and in all fairness to you. Im not up to speed with the said company or thread in question and didnt pick anyone. Besides I recon Im in enough trouble for introducing the offending item in the first place.:D:D:D

and Duncan you are legaly required to throw all whipper Snapper under 30cm back. Thats what we do on the eastern Harbour at any rate ;)

AMR
16-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, I think one of the bar waiters has ending up holding the parcel now.

All in all a great night, MD explained his timeline theory, and we found out a fair bit about Admin!

bermuda
16-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Just a thought but we could ask the NZAX to do another seminar like the one I went to about 18 months ago . About twenty small companies gave 40 minute presentations.

It was very informative.

We could all enrol (it was free last time ) and then go to a pub later. What you think Shrewd?

Crypto Crude
16-12-2007, 06:26 PM
bermuda,
sounds animal...
I'm there...
20 40minute presentations is a heap of time...
WE could always just burn off to the pub when Plus SMS does their presentation...
Or pull out the headphones/ear muffs...
.^sc

Oiler
16-12-2007, 06:43 PM
A good night and a nice bunch of people. Not being in a drug induced stupa this time, many distorted memories from the last one were cleared up for me. For example Seaosh isnt the nice young fella from HongKong and AMR is. Of course Seaosh is a nice fella. Many urban myths revealed which of course I cannot disclose for political reasons and fear for my own safety. Yall will just have to come along to the next one.;)
Duncan and Oiler were their usual charming selves. Nice to meet Liz ( that was a treat for me ) Great to see Vicky (and friends) there too:p. Thanks everyone.

Oiler, what were you doing wandering the streets for four hours ?:eek: Hope it wasnt because of anything you found in that parcel :D:D:D

:D remember we all made a deal that we would not divulge what was in the parcel !!!

That "nice fella Seaosh" to use your words twisted my arm into going to this cool bar that served devilish cocktails. :eek: The rest is history....

MacDunk....two words for you to remember "peak oil" and I am surprised the hawks have not come in for the kill. Maybe it is because the parcel has finally got a home.

Great night everyone.......... need to hear more thoughts about a National Meeting. Will start a new thread for the Nat. Con.

Crypto Crude
16-12-2007, 06:56 PM
oiler-Great night everyone.......... need to hear more thoughts about a National Meeting. Will start a new thread for the Nat. Con.

A new thread for the Nation convention? WHAT!... The CHCH thread has already been named that...:D:... You may have to name it something else so we dont all get confused...:D....
The CHCH NC is looking for a kitty... You can buy the rights to the name by filling the 'pass the parcel' box up with cash and showing up with it in February... hahaha....
thanks in advance Auckland...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
16-12-2007, 06:58 PM
notes preferrably, but gold coins will be accepted...
.^sc

Lizard
16-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Just got back to civilization :). Enjoyed meeting up with more ST posters in Auckland.

Clearly, though, the National Convention will need to be centrally located in Wellington, where it is possible to get a decent coffee for that hangover!

(Failing that, I'll take any excuse to visit Nelson or Havelock North :cool:)

Nitaa
16-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a great night had by all. Sorry MD that i didnt get to sit on your lap. Unfortuntaly i had to make a few dash visits around the SEA region hopping from port to port. This was not scheduled but there is always a next time.

The parcel. What a wonderful idea. There has to be something in the parcel even if its becoming smaller and smaller.

Maybe due to geographical restrictions, another way it can be done is through a video conference. Not quite the same but it is an idea.

Who is this admin person?

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:45 PM
notes preferrably, but gold coins will be accepted...
.^scYou may have over estimated the capacity of the parcel Shrewdy. I will give you a hint. It used to have my business cards in it :D

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Just got back to civilization :). Enjoyed meeting up with more ST posters in Auckland.

Clearly, though, the National Convention will need to be centrally located in Wellington, :cool:)Have to agree Liz. That would be bang in the middle and the fairest option.

STRAT
16-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Who is this admin person?lol, I was wondering the same thing:p

A very nice lady and one with many hats :D

Dazza
16-12-2007, 10:56 PM
sorry guys!!!!!!! totally forgot it eh

i was out checking out pharmacies down south

Nitaa
16-12-2007, 11:59 PM
sorry guys!!!!!!! totally forgot it eh

i was out checking out pharmacies down southDazza..Im not up with the times but is a P Lab considered a pharmacy?

Year of the Tiger
17-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I again enjoyed the gathering on Saturday evening and it was nice to see some of the same faces who were at the last get together as well as some new ones.

I would just like to mention the nice couple from Waitakere who attended again. They are not registered users (yet ;)) but I know they read all the posts.

On another note, it would be great to get a national gathering sorted sometime next year. I'm sure I could force myself to attend :D

Anyway, we are now counting down to Christmas and I hope everyone has a great (and safe) Christmas and New Year break. Take care all.

YOTT

STRAT
17-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I would just like to mention the nice couple from Waitakere who attended again. They are not registered users (yet ;)) but I know they read all the posts.

YOTTHi YOTT, keep giving them a nudge.

Get into it Mr & Mrs Waitakere. But just remember if you both join and use the same computor the nice lady from Rotorua might out you for having a duel ID :D

PS Thats two times we have met YOTT and still yet to have a good yarn :eek: Next time eh?

Arbitrage
17-12-2007, 01:38 PM
lol, I was wondering the same thing:p

A very nice lady and one with many hats :D

AND a lot of power. I noticed even Duncan behaved himself when she joined the conversation.

Year of the Tiger
17-12-2007, 07:50 PM
PS Thats two times we have met YOTT and still yet to have a good yarn :eek: Next time eh?

For sure STRAT. I guess that drug induced coma you were in last time was a bit of a bummer for you... :D

Seriously though, it'll be good to have a good chin-wag next time.
Cheers
YOTT

STRAT
17-12-2007, 10:21 PM
For sure STRAT. I guess that drug induced coma you were in last time was a bit of a bummer for you... :D

Seriously though, it'll be good to have a good chin-wag next time.
Cheers
YOTTYeah, Kinda feels like I only met yall once :D

Crypto Crude
18-12-2007, 03:06 PM
strat-You may have over estimated the capacity of the parcel Shrewdy. I will give you a hint. It used to have my business cards in it

It must have been envelope sized...
a few hundies would surely fit...
.^sc

STRAT
18-12-2007, 05:42 PM
It must have been envelope sized...
a few hundies would surely fit...
.^scA few coins at least but alas I spent all my loose change today on ADY...... unlucky:D

STRAT
28-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Guess its about time to do it again.

September or October?
Whos in?
and how about a new venue with better food? Im sure Oiler would second that idea after what happened to him last time:eek:

impacman
28-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi, Impacman here. Have been a member for a little while but in an observing capacity only to date. Would be keen to catch up for a chat and put some faces to names etc. I enjoy the discussions and am keen to learn what I can. A bit of fun is always in order as well!.

Cheers,

Impacman.

STRAT
28-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi, Impacman here. Have been a member for a little while but in an observing capacity only to date. Would be keen to catch up for a chat and put some faces to names etc. I enjoy the discussions and am keen to learn what I can. A bit of fun is always in order as well!.

Cheers,

Impacman.
Good on ya Impacman.

I will see who is keen and once we have a cosensus on which month everyone prefers I will throw out some dates.

So if anyone interested can throw a month/date and maybe a venue in their replies we can then sort it out in a bit more detail.

I noticed Boysy is in Auckland and Possumthecat just lives down the road from me. How about it fellas?

Hi Liz, Oiler, Serpie, Shrewd one and anyone else south of the Bombay Hills ( Shasta? ):D.
Are any of you going to be up here over the next two months? If so perhaps we can fit the date in with you if you are keen.

Duncan, have you moved north yet and would you be into it in any case?

Year of the Tiger
28-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm always a starter. As far as time is concerned, I'd prefer late Saturday afternoon (say 4.00pm) same as last time but am open to dates etc.

YOTT

forest
28-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Seems like a good idea to get together and I would enjoy meeting other NZ share investors. I am flexible for dates prefer time out of normal office hours.

STRAT
28-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Seems like a good idea to get together and I would enjoy meeting other NZ share investors. I am flexible for dates prefer time out of normal office hours.Hi Forest.
It will most likely be on a Saturday afternoon/evening ( the others have been ) as most of us have to make money in other ways to feed our habbit so it wont be during normal working hours.

shasta
28-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Forest.
It will most likely be on a Saturday afternoon/evening ( the others have been ) as most of us have to make money in other ways to feed our habbit so it wont be during normal working hours.

Good stuff for organising the Auckland Chapter STRAT :cool:

Just shows Sharetraders "point of difference" over other forums to have 3 active geographical meetings, to actually meet & greet those behind the posts...

Wish you all the best for your meeting ;)

AMR
28-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes I'm definitely in again this year.

I will try to pull the other Auckland uni students along...

STRAT
28-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Good stuff for organising the Auckland Chapter STRAT :cool:

Just shows Sharetraders "point of difference" over other forums to have 3 active geographical meetings, to actually meet & greet those behind the posts...

Wish you all the best for your meeting ;)Its no biggy. Its not like Im playing ref to Macdunk and Shrewdy or anything:p

Besides its a tad embarrassing that the last two were organized by Oiler who doesnt even reside up here.

STRAT
28-08-2008, 12:39 PM
If everyone can post a preferred month/date and venue then I can narrow it down. I realize it wont matter to most so I will assume no post means anytime anywhere. Theres a fairly quiet pub on college hill with a large deck overlooking the city. The name escapes me right now. Foods Kiwiana and OK. Certainly better than the Cock n Bull.

Mysterybox
28-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes I'm definitely in again this year.

I will try to pull the other Auckland uni students along...

yes, sounds great. I'll defintely be there.

STRAT
28-08-2008, 12:43 PM
yes, sounds great. I'll defintely be there.Thats great Mysterybox. 2 new faces already :D

STRAT
28-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey Vince you young punk.
Will you be up here at all during the next two months?

Year of the Tiger
28-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Theres a fairly quiet pub on colledge hill with a large dick overlooking the city. The name escapes me right now.

I love it...... :D

YOTT

STRAT
28-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I love it...... :D

YOTTLOL oops:o......................

Jay
28-08-2008, 03:42 PM
The Cavalier is name that escapes you Strat

Oiler
28-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Guess its about time to do it again.

September or October?
Whos in?
and how about a new venue with better food? Im sure Oiler would second that idea after what happened to him last time:eek:

Thanks for reminding me "friend" :o

Thanks for taking the lead on getting the Auckland meeting going. I wil be there :D

Lets set a date and run with it. I look forward to catching up with y'all and the all the new people looking to attend. Maybe Auckland can knock Christchurch of its high perch. Perhaps a change of venue will help :cool:

Oiler

STRAT
28-08-2008, 06:24 PM
The Cavalier is name that escapes you StratThats the one Jay. Its not like its new or anything lol :o

So will you be coming along?

STRAT
28-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks for reminding me "friend" :o

Thanks for taking the lead on getting the Auckland meeting going. I wil be there :D

Lets set a date and run with it. I look forward to catching up with y'all and the all the new people looking to attend. Maybe Auckland can knock Christchurch of its high perch. Perhaps a change of venue will help :cool:

OilerHi Oiler,
I thought I would let any out of the town folk throw up some dates first. I know Liz and yourself come up from time to time and if its all the same to us up here we might as well try and fit in with anyone who has a preferred date. I think Macca is one of the out of town people now too.

Crypto Crude
28-08-2008, 09:49 PM
strat-Hi Oiler,
I thought I would let any out of the town folk throw up some dates first.

How about Decemeber 25th?.... 6PM?...
it will be a good 'ST' family occasion...
.^sc

Dazza
28-08-2008, 11:24 PM
there are other auckland uni students?

lol i used to be one too, graduated now :D

i remember day be4 ma exams, was reseraching NOG hard out , then brought some shares be4 i went to my exams muahahah exhilirating feeling i must say :D

impacman
29-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks for that Strat. I will wait for the dates and fit in around that. Know the Cav well so all go for that venue. Hear from you soon.

Impacman

Jay
29-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Thats the one Jay. Its not like its new or anything lol :o

So will you be coming along?

Will try, not always easy with a 1 year old.
Will wait until a firm date is known.

STRAT
29-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Will try, not always easy with a 1 year old.
Will wait until a firm date is known.Bring baby along Jay. It wont be a rowdy affair.

STRAT
29-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Where is Macdunk?

You didnt go and ban him for repetitive posting did ya Vince? :D

STRAT
29-08-2008, 08:10 AM
How about Decemeber 25th?.... 6PM?...
it will be a good 'ST' family occasion...
.^scYeah right, Worried we might steal that National Convention title for attendance are ya Shrewdy ? :p

STRAT
29-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Vicky and Serpie. I see ya down there :D
Either of you heading north over the next two months?

duncan macgregor
29-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Where is Macdunk?

You didnt go and ban him for repetitive posting did ya Vince? :D No i sorted the young punk out strat, told him to get a bloody haircut and get into the real world. moving this weekend now up to my fishing spot in the sunny north. I will be down to the next meeting whatever day so please look up the fishing callendar when making the date.
Hope you lot who paid no attention to my repetitive posts about a downtrend leading up to a crash, can still afford the bus fare to get there so dont make the location to far out strat.
Macdunk

STRAT
29-08-2008, 09:03 AM
No i sorted the young punk out strat, told him to get a bloody haircut and get into the real world. moving this weekend now up to my fishing spot in the sunny north. I will be down to the next meeting whatever day so please look up the fishing callendar when making the date.
Hope you lot who paid no attention to my repetitive posts about a downtrend leading up to a crash, can still afford the bus fare to get there so dont make the location to far out strat.
MacdunkGood on ya Duncan. It wouldnt be the same without you. Will try and arrange it on the full moon for ya. :D

re sorting Vince. Not face to face I hope. Hes a big lad :eek:

duncan macgregor
29-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Good on ya Duncan. It wouldnt be the same without you. Will try and arrange it on the full moon for ya. :D Dont expect YOGI to front up then thats when he is at his busiest. Macdunk

STRAT
29-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Dont expect YOGI to front up then thats when he is at his busiest. Macdunkon that note anyone else who gets a tad hairy on the full moon can stay home too or we will tie you to the lamp post out side.:D

STRAT
29-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Snoopy,
How about comming along too. Its a casual and friendly affair and you get to meet Macca in person.

duncan macgregor
29-08-2008, 09:38 AM
You are starting to come right at last STRAT. I always knew that you were an ideas man.
SNOOPY would be a big draw card, then PHAEDRUS would be another to attract the punters. We could always invite NITA to come out the closet just for the night, then what about LONG EARS from Sharechat, who might be enticed to give a lecture on the merrits of holding TUA shares. Bricks might be asked to bring a sample of KFC along then we have SHREWDY who might show us how good he is at strutting after i showed nim how winners walk. I can see it all now STRAT its going to be the event of the year with you running it. Macdunk

STRAT
29-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Ive been trying to entice Halebop, AA and Phaedrus to come along but so far they seem to be laying low :eek:

I think some share traders spend so much time behind the screen that venturing out may be a bit overwhelming and more so for the clever buggers than the mugs like me although I admit feeling pretty nervous the first time I met yall :D