PDA

View Full Version : VPE, Victoria Petroleum (Now SXY: Senex Energy)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Corporate
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
ITC too for that matter Hawkeye :D

A close @ 26 or above today would be a good sign for VPE

You in STAT?

STRAT
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
You in STAT?Wada ya doin Corp? Youve turned my name into a 4 letter word :lol:

Oh and..... Yup. Yesterday

Call ma a mug but I cant let go of this one. WCL lookin ok. NGE touch and go but still in that one too.

and TEXOB

soulman
09-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I exited VPE today for a loss at 29 cents. See the rise in oil price and CSG euphoria as a chance to get out of underperforming stock. Though I was completely wrong with MPO when I exited at $1.18.

Strong volume today might bode well for VPE holders.

STRAT
09-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I exited VPE today for a loss at 29 cents. See the rise in oil price and CSG euphoria as a chance to get out of underperforming stock. Though I was completely wrong with MPO when I exited at $1.18.

Strong volume today might bode well for VPE holders.Hi Soulman.
I reckon todays action is a significant turning point from TA perspective.

Somethings brewing or drying out:lol:. I bought mine back plus a few more with the money I got for selling em and Im a little excited. Havent been able to say that about VPE for a real long time.

bermuda
09-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Soulman.
I reckon todays action is a significant turning point from TA perspective.

Somethings brewing or drying out:lol:. I bought mine back plus a few more with the money I got for selling em and Im a little excited. Havent been able to say that about VPE for a real long time.

Well done Strat,
You won't be disappointed. We have more prospects than ever.

STRAT
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Well done Strat,
You won't be disappointed. We have more prospects than ever.Thanks Bermuda, What can I say, you are a very persuasive fella. Got any good goss on WCL. I think it may have peaked for now as per my last post. Hope Im wrong.

Oh, bought back my ITC too lol

All we need now is for that hot Aussie sun to do its job eh?

Im guessing this has more to do with Oil than CSG

Have a look at VPE and ITC side by side

Corporate
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Strat, i'm being very careful with VPE. Way to much destroyed value and self-serving management. Big test coming for VPE...

STRAT
10-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah Corp. Cant argue with that. So far so good but tight stop in place.

Hey Corp can you or anyone not using Incredible Charts put up a candle chart for the last month. I reckon IC's data is wrong.They are showing an open @ 27.5 and a close @27.0 for today but DB show an open @ 27.5 and a close @ 28.5

bermuda
10-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Strat,
Don't expect anything overnight. Just learnt the oilfield is 6 metres underwater. That's a lot of water. Not to worry the sun will shine on VPE...just like it did on NZO.

Corporate
10-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah Corp. Cant argue with that. So far so good but tight stop in place.

Hey Corp can you or anyone not using Incredible Charts put up a candle chart for the last month. I reckon IC's data is wrong.They are showing an open @ 27.5 and a close @27.0 for today but DB show an open @ 27.5 and a close @ 28.5

Here you go Strat. Looks like IC has it wrong.

Corporate
10-03-2010, 11:34 PM
This graph should be better

Corporate
10-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Phaedrus, how do you get your charts looking so good on the page?

Cheers
C

drillfix
11-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Corp, I cant speak for Phaedrus, but most charting packages have the ability to save the chart to a specific size and file format.

For me, I just hit my printscreen button on my keyboard (PrtScn) and then use keys Ctrl +V into any paint program you use.

I then use the selection tool in the paint program and Ctrl +V keys to paste the new image by itself and then save it either as a .gif or .png (jpegs show too much compression).

Bare in mind though, when you hit PrtScn, it copy's your whole desktop or anything you see on your computer interface, including start menu, icons, dirty girly pics, whatever.

I run 3 x 23"+ Dell LCDs running off a dell laptop so when I hit my print screen, it gives off quite a wide view, plus running about 5 - 6 charts simultaneously.

STRAT
11-03-2010, 01:57 AM
This graph should be betterThanks Corporate. As you can see Incredible Charts have it wrong

Corporate
11-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Corp, I cant speak for Phaedrus, but most charting packages have the ability to save the chart to a specific size and file format.

For me, I just hit my printscreen button on my keyboard (PrtScn) and then use keys Ctrl +V into any paint program you use.

I then use the selection tool in the paint program and Ctrl +V keys to paste the new image by itself and then save it either as a .gif or .png (jpegs show too much compression).

Bare in mind though, when you hit PrtScn, it copy's your whole desktop or anything you see on your computer interface, including start menu, icons, dirty girly pics, whatever.

I run 3 x 23"+ Dell LCDs running off a dell laptop so when I hit my print screen, it gives off quite a wide view, plus running about 5 - 6 charts simultaneously.

Thanks Drill. I do a similar thing, by just right clicking on the chart (in bigcharts.com), copying and pasting into Paint. Then you don't get the dirty girl pictures ;-)...I still haven't worked out how to do smiley faces in this new format.

Damn 3x 23" that is some viewing pleasure. I've just got 1x23' at home and work. I'm on the road the moment and the laptops 14' just doesn't cut it for any type of charting.

tobo
11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Isn't that pretty serious that Incedible Charts data is wrong.
People pay for that data, and if make a big$ decision based on it... well I imagine their fine print says 'tough',
but it suggests that their automated systems are at fault.
I thought all data is pulled from common sources.
I wonder what they would say about it.

STRAT
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Isn't that pretty serious that Incedible Charts data is wrong.
People pay for that data, and if make a big$ decision based on it... well I imagine their fine print says 'tough',
but it suggests that their automated systems are at fault.
I thought all data is pulled from common sources.
I wonder what they would say about it.Hi Tobo
The short answer would be yes but...

I dont pay for it. When I first downloaded the program it would only update the following day ( free version ) but this year it seems to update in real time but not all day long. Dunno its not consistant. See yesterday is now correct but today is wrong again as we closed up today.

If I was paying for real time or 20min delay Id be rather upset but I suspect its only the free versions with this problem.

You get what you pay for eh?

tobo
12-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Ha, I too use Incredible charts 'free' version (just started recently, prev using findata).
Looking at VPE now (8am), it is now showing close up, so, as you say, seems to have some delay but correct the following morning.

Just when I was thinking of dropping VPE (I have too many O&G/CSG, spread thin) it's moving either on the back of BOW/AOE, or Poo, or vagaries of market

STRAT
15-03-2010, 03:45 PM
VPE has found a ceiling at 29c. Though I like the prospects for this company this year ( more than ever ) I will have a tight stop in place if it starts heading south again. Id rather trade in and out a few times than sit around watching it slowly fall like it has in the past.

Jay
15-03-2010, 04:42 PM
being a busy lad there Strat this afternoon ! Work a bit slow :)
Thanks for the chart updates, this CUE ITC etc

STRAT
15-03-2010, 05:04 PM
being a busy lad there Strat this afternoon ! Work a bit slow :)
Thanks for the chart updates, this CUE ITC etcI do this every day Jay but somehow the posting finger got a bit loose on me. I like to post these with my 2c worth in the hope I will get another point of view and learn something . I thought an update was in order as I have bought back into all of these with the exception being CUE which I held through. CUE would have gone out with the rest if my entry price had been any higher.

Right , time for my afternoon nap :D

STRAT
18-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Geez even god hates VPE :ohmy:
More bad weather to hit Bowen at the weekend. Odds are

STRAT
25-03-2010, 07:54 PM
and a ceiling becomes the floor. Breakout but not getting excited yet. This is VPE after all

Financially dependant
25-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update Strat, I am enjoying your work :t_up:.

I am trying not to get too excited either but VPE is looking quite positive. There seems a little bit of accumulation going on, some nice little chunks getting taken out during the last few days. I guess that's way the OBV is looking quite good?

cheers FD

Paddie
25-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I am not a chartist either but have been watching both VPE and BOW which I hold.

I know absolutely nothing about charts but would suggest that both BOW and VPE are in an uptrend (VPEconfirmed by Strat).

BOW looking outstanding.

Paddie5

STRAT
25-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the update Strat, I am enjoying your work :t_up:.

I am trying not to get too excited either but VPE is looking quite positive. There seems a little bit of accumulation going on, some nice little chunks getting taken out during the last few days. I guess that's way the OBV is looking quite good?

cheers FDhaha FD its not work. Its just a hobby.

Hi Paddie. Youd be right. BOW Was a pretty clear buy at around a buck.

Paddie
26-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Strat,

VPE ticking over nicely again today.

Looking good.

Paddie

bermuda
26-03-2010, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Paddie;298571]Hi Strat,

VPE ticking over nicely again today.

Looking good.

Paddie,

Paddie,
We have waited a long time for this. I admire your perseverance and support for this unloved gem. I believe we will be richly rewarded. The saavy investors appreciate the quality/knowledge of the Board and Major shareholders. And more and more analysts are starting to recognise it.

Ketel One
30-03-2010, 02:31 PM
http://iforce.co.nz/i/cg0pairf.png

Down trend broken. That's new.

Seems to be on the back of both the general market upswing, and renewed CSG sector activity. BG's recent deal with CNOOC is really good news for VPE- they'll definitely need the gas.

I do wish VPE were a bit more aggressive though in terms of their strategy (more/bigger tenements/targets/reserves etc) and in their general pace of CSG operations. A bit of BOW-like enthusiasm would certainly go a long way to putting a fire under the SP.

drillfix
30-03-2010, 02:40 PM
K1, I wish all these CSG stocks were more aggressive.

With regards to breaking the trend I see 32c as Oblique Resistance so atm, I am not fully convinced that a down trend is broken, perhaps should it roll past 32.5c - 33c and stay there then maybe.

atm, its looking oversold but could do with some volume over 1 million shares traded with a 10% price rise to give a nice signal for trend reversal. If not, should the indicators turn downwards then it will not look to favourable.

In the meantime, its riding the 8ma upwards above the 20ma which is fantastic, once the stocks MA's both cross the 200ma, then it will look even more way better, imo :P

Ketel One
30-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes I agree, perhaps I was a little premature there! The depth doesn't look too promising either.

STRAT
30-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Yes I agree, perhaps I was a little premature there! The depth doesn't look too promising either.I dont think that was premature at all Ketel1

Meduim term Down trend broken 23rd March

Short term its been in an uptrend since 5th March

Resistance @ 29c became support

Resistance is expected at 32 and 32.5 so the pause over the last few days isnt unexpected

RSI rising

all down days since the uptrend began have been low volume days

Looks alright to me

Paddie
08-04-2010, 01:50 PM
VPE is contining it's uptrend.

Slow but steady.

Paddie

drillfix
08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep, good that its broken past previous resistance, although some indicators are showing overbought for approximately a month.

Will be interesting to see when the 20ma crosses the 200ma, and hopefully that will add to further strength.

In the meantime, looks like a target of 37c with intermediate support at 32.5c

Good luck there fella's

BIG D
26-04-2010, 08:39 PM
VPE VPE VPE VPE, when can you make a CHANGE ??? Holding quite a bit VPE now, thinking to get rid of them all, it just takes too long ~~~

Crypto Crude
26-04-2010, 09:58 PM
perhaps u should be in another sector...
:cool:
.^sc

drillfix
26-04-2010, 10:23 PM
VPE VPE VPE VPE, when can you make a CHANGE ??? Holding quite a bit VPE now, thinking to get rid of them all, it just takes too long ~~~

Patience grasshopper, think about why you entered the trade, think about what your targets where and what time frame you expected to get something in return.

I dont hold, but I know what its like to hold a stock that seems to "not perform" while other stocks seem to.

No advice, but what I would choose to do is reduce my exposure, and build a position into a few other stocks, then which ever one performs gradually gets input from the non performers.

Lots of ways to go, but back to the actual trade entry, surely your objectives where clear prior to your entry no?

STRAT
26-04-2010, 11:26 PM
VPE VPE VPE VPE, it just takes too long ~~~Not if you bought in March

Financially dependant
07-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Good ann out by MHL, roads dried out, repaired and development to continue...

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MHL&E=ASX&N=493553

I think it might have helped keep VPE green today..

airedale
24-06-2010, 09:04 PM
VPE have announced a strengthened management team with links back to QGC. John Kopcheff is still involved, but given his stake in the company he would be.
Solid support at 25 cents recently suggests that the next move will be up.
Discl: Holding VPE.

bermuda
24-06-2010, 11:41 PM
VPE have announced a strengthened management team with links back to QGC. John Kopcheff is still involved, but given his stake in the company he would be.
Solid support at 25 cents recently suggests that the next move will be up.
Discl: Holding VPE.
Hi Airedale,
Yes, a planned move. Good new management and a logical change of office to Brisbane.
Looking good. These things do take a while!

KentBrockman
25-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Airedale,
Yes, a planned move. Good new management and a logical change of office to Brisbane.
Looking good. These things do take a while!

Bermuda, don't you think there is reason to be a little skeptical as to the intentions of this move by QGC/BG? They are, after all, considered the ones who will ultimately mount a takeover for VPE's assets. So do you think QGC has the best interests of ordinary holders of VPE at heart? Do you think they are not motivated to ultimately get those assets at the lowest possible price off those other holders? Pure speculation of course, but what is your view on this scenario?

Financially dependant
25-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Bermuda, don't you think there is reason to be a little skeptical as to the intentions of this move by QGC/BG? They are, after all, considered the ones who will ultimately mount a takeover for VPE's assets. So do you think QGC has the best interests of ordinary holders of VPE at heart? Do you think they are not motivated to ultimately get those assets at the lowest possible price off those other holders? Pure speculation of course, but what is your view on this scenario?

While BG don't want to pay to much for assets they do now have a history of paying good money for certified in place gas assets. They have had plenty of opportunity to buy cheap VPE shares but have not even taken up share options. There are some major share holders that will wait for the right price and have done with other CSG companies.

Now that JK (Dry hole Johnny) has been moved sideways I think we will see a few more disgruntled VPE share holders return back into the register, he is not a well liked Chairman and the assets just keep getting better.

As a patient VPE holder I might be viewing it with rose tinted glasses.......but I don't think so...:)

bermuda
28-06-2010, 06:31 AM

Kent,
The Board and major shareholders of VPE are predominantly full of ex QGC directors who know that the value of VPE's CSG assets are considerable. ( in excess of $1.00 ...discount them back a bit in light of Rudd etc...but still a major asset. ) Since the ex QGC guys got on 'Board' the oil side of things has become important too and VPE have moved accordingly in light of the new 3D to aquire further interests in this Fairway. JK advised the Board that he intended to retire at the end of 2010 and I think everyone is well pleased with the calibre of the new incumbents.

As Patten remarked, VPE is poised to perform.

ps This is not a move by QGC/BG. JK advised the Board at the beginning of this year that he wished to retire at the end of 2010. Accordingly the Board of VPE sought management to carry the company forward bearing in mind the strength of both its oil and CSG assets. I think they have Headhunted very well.

The Big Ease
28-06-2010, 11:33 AM
whatever the reason B, I am sure glad he is out and will now consider VPE as an investment.

I agree with your assessment of VPE's potential and have so for some time. The problem has been realising this value, which VPE has been awfully slow in doing.

Financially dependant
28-06-2010, 08:33 PM
whatever the reason B, I am sure glad he is out and will now consider VPE as an investment.

I agree with your assessment of VPE's potential and have so for some time. The problem has been realising this value, which VPE has been awfully slow in doing.

I think a lot of people will agree with you TBE........The volume seems to be slowly sneaking up, I am looking forward to a good year.

trackers
06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
My scanner pulled up VPE today so I went buying

http://iforce.co.nz/i/yzkvbagm.bmp

airedale
14-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Today's drilling report was signed by JK as managing director. That may be last from him. Ian Davies takes over late July.

Jess9
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Chocks away! Check out the chart ; )

STRAT
06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Chocks away! Check out the chart ; )Looks good except.......

resistance at 28.5 is holding and volume is light.

Long term down trend still in tact.

all that said someone was keen yesterday. Hope it was some one who knows something we dont.

airedale
06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Agree with you ,Strat, still waiting for more volume to confirm.

jeremyhowell
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Thinking of going short on these shares overnight, after I saw the MACD.

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=VPE&exchange=ASX&period=2Y&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=LINE&compi=&ma1=&ma2=&bb=Y&ind=MACD&ra=2

trackers
06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi Jeremy,

I'm certainly no TA expert, I'm only just learning... But backtesting 105 trading systems using 100 selected stocks (including VPE) over 5 years worth of data showed the traditional MACD system coming in about 40th.

It came in about the same place when I backtested the same number of trading systems using the ASX 200 over about 4 years.

It stood out to me because I was surprised how poorly the MACD faired against other traditional indicators.

If you take VPE as an example, if you had traded $30k since 2006 using only MACD to time your entries and exits you would have made 9k profit. If you had traded using a stochastic oscillator instead, you would have made 90k profit (even assuming picking semi-default values of the oscillation). If you had instead adopted a buy and hold strategy you would have made 80k!!!!

food for thought :)

drillfix
06-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Thinking of going short on these shares overnight, after I saw the MACD.

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=VPE&exchange=ASX&period=2Y&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=LINE&compi=&ma1=&ma2=&bb=Y&ind=MACD&ra=2

I dont believe VPE are actually on the short sell list.

Who do trade through?

jeremyhowell
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry, I meant with CFDs.

jeremyhowell
06-08-2010, 07:42 PM
thanks trackers, I'm just starting out, and that is quite good info to store in the old brain box. Thanks.

bermuda
07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
It might be a while but the CSG assets get taken over by British Gas ( or Asian interests ) at at least 70 cents. Patience is required. Have a look at what's happening.

Seriously .
Some serious money to be made made here. Others hate it. Get into it now. This thing rockets,.......!!!!!

STRAT
07-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Jeremy,

I'm certainly no TA expert, I'm only just learning... But backtesting 105 trading systems using 100 selected stocks (including VPE) over 5 years worth of data showed the traditional MACD system coming in about 40th.

It came in about the same place when I backtested the same number of trading systems using the ASX 200 over about 4 years.

It stood out to me because I was surprised how poorly the MACD faired against other traditional indicators.

If you take VPE as an example, if you had traded $30k since 2006 using only MACD to time your entries and exits you would have made 9k profit. If you had traded using a stochastic oscillator instead, you would have made 90k profit (even assuming picking semi-default values of the oscillation). If you had instead adopted a buy and hold strategy you would have made 80k!!!!

food for thought :)Hi Trackers
Im with you on this. I dont use it at all.

The only MacD I like is MacDunk :D.

Whats more and of considerably more significance is that P has said more or less the same.

STRAT
07-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I dont believe VPE are actually on the short sell list.

Who do trade through?Hey Drilly.
Good to see ya back.

airedale
07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
It might be a while but the CSG assets get taken over by British Gas ( or Asian interests ) at at least 70 cents. Patience is required. Have a look at what's happening.

Seriously .
Some serious money to be made made here. Others hate it. Get into it now. This thing rockets,.......!!!!!

Hi Bermuda, a figure of 70 cents for VPE gives a rough idea of what ITC would be worth.

bermuda
07-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi Bermuda, a figure of 70 cents for VPE gives a rough idea of what ITC would be worth.

Hi G.
At the negotiating table a figure of 54 cents will be used. Way too low but good for negotiation.

Corporate
08-08-2010, 09:01 AM

airedale - how does 70c for VPE's CSG assets influence ITC?

airedale
08-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi Corporate, only on a rough back-of-envelope sort of calculation, as they are both sitting side by side on similar assets. VPE taken out for roughly 100% more than where it is today, ITC taken out for whatever Eddie Smith can hold out for.Director, Bob Bryan also has a substantial holding in both companies.

STRAT
13-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Looks Like the new MD would be the perfect bloke for organizing a sale of VPE or part of.

What do you reckon Bermuda?

trackers
13-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Looks Like the new MD would be the perfect bloke for organizing a sale of VPE or part of.

They're giving the new MD (a chartered accountant lol) 4million options (worth AUD$1mil) at a 10% discount to current SP? Sounds fairly generous.

They're also giving Executive Director John Kopcheff $800k worth exercisable at 28c before 2014, in addition to his yearly salary of AUD$330k

I am. definitely. in the wrong business.

OutToLunch
13-08-2010, 10:08 AM
They're giving the new MD (a chartered accountant lol) 4million options (worth AUD$1mil) at a 10% discount to current SP? Sounds fairly generous.

They're also giving Executive Director John Kopcheff $800k worth exercisable at 28c before 2014, in addition to his yearly salary of AUD$330k

I am. definitely. in the wrong business.

Talk about naked, unfettered greed. JK's snout is still firmly anchored in the trough, it seems. :t_down:

bermuda
13-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Strat,
He is the man and with a few shares and options under his belt he will get a good deal for VPE's CSG interests in the Surat. If British Gas doesn't buy out VPE's interest, I am sure others will.The CSG interest is by the way worth over $1.00 to VPE.

I will not be voting in favour of Kopcheff's new options.( I voted in favour of the the 2 BOW Directors 2 million options but these were priced at $2.00 well above the existing BOW price of $1.35.) The pricing of VPE's options is gravy train stuff.

Jess9
13-08-2010, 12:45 PM
...true. But it will go ahead AND if it puts a good offer on the table ALL holders will benefit.

bermuda
17-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Good to see continued drilling for CSG in the lucrative Surat. Another one cased and ready to go. .....And what's more, a definitive CSG resource statement out in 3rd Quarter 2010. I see British Gas are going to Sanction their Gladstone FID by the end of this year. All the pieces are being put into place but boy, what a wait.

I will definitely be drinking champagne when that FID comes through.

I see someone just had a nice little nibble. 500k @27.5 cents

airedale
17-08-2010, 05:38 PM
And then another 63 small trades at 27.5. Looks like someone is hoovering up everything at that price.

Financially dependant
18-08-2010, 08:20 PM
And then another 63 small trades at 27.5. Looks like someone is hoovering up everything at that price.

Another good day for VPE, looks like the vacuum cleaner is still around and nudging up the price in the process.

STRAT
20-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Another good day for VPE, looks like the vacuum cleaner is still around and nudging up the price in the process.Hi FD
Poked its head out of the channel even if only briefly. Volumes been creeping up too.

Nuttin to get tooo excited about but worth watching close I reckon

Phaedrus
22-08-2010, 12:20 PM
If you had traded $30k since 2006 using only MACD to time your entries and exits you would have made 9k profit. If you had traded using a stochastic oscillator instead, you would have made 90k profit (even assuming picking semi-default values of the oscillation). If you had instead adopted a buy and hold strategy you would have made 80k!!!! food for thought.
If it looks too good to be true, Trackers, it probably is! I think you will find that your data has not been adjusted for the 1 for 10 consolidation on 29/11/2006. Using corrected data, the same backtest parameters give very different results :-
MACD $5371 loss
Stochastic Osc. $9736 profit.
Buy and Hold $4031 loss.

There is a surprising amount of unadjusted or improperly adjusted data on the net. Take a look at these examples of 5 year VPE charts - all should show VPE as being where it was 5 years ago :-

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/DB.gif

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/YH.gif

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/BC.gif

VPE is in a longterm downtrend (it has been making lower highs and lower lows for over 25 years!) It is currently in a "medium-term" downtrend which has run for 16 months so far. There is a confirmed trendline in place - I would suggest that a break above this would provide a better entry signal than the MACD indicator featured here as a cautionary example for young JeremyHowell!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/VPE822.gif

macduffy
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the timely reminder, Phaedrus.

I have VPE on my watchlist as a possible replacement for AOE - taken off my hands by Shell recently - when/if that trend reverses.

I'll keep watching!

bermuda
13-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Had a great time at the Good Oil Conference in Perth. Spent some time with Ian Davies who was poached into VPE by Bob Bryan ( ex QGC and major shareholder of both VPE and ITC ). Davies took a salary cut to make the move and now has coaxed 3 or 4 other BG/QGC executives to come and join him at a soon to be REBRANDED VPE. VPE is now riddled with ex QGC guys from the Board through to Management through to Major Shareholders. They know the value of VPE's CSG backward.

No moss grows on Davies. Watch out for a resurgent VPE when the certification arrives and the oilfields dry out. Never felt happier holding this baby.

airedale
13-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks, Bermuda, well if Ian Davies took a salary cut to join VPE then he must be confident that his carrot i.e. the options are going to pay off. Positive for the SP.

The Big Ease
13-09-2010, 10:30 PM
took a paycut, but watch those options bermuda.
VPE loves to spread those around thick, fast and in the money!

bermuda
14-09-2010, 08:33 AM
took a paycut, but watch those options bermuda.
VPE loves to spread those around thick, fast and in the money!

Agreed,
I made that abundantly clear to both JK and Ian Davies. Options are a curse for any company.

trackers
15-09-2010, 09:15 AM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=VPE&E=ASX&N=505227

GAS FLOWS TO SURFACE IN CSG PROJECT PL 171, SURAT BASIN, QUEENSLAND
Victoria Petroleum NL (Vicpet) has been advised by QGC – a BG Group business (QGC), the Operator for PL 171, that the Alex-5 Coal Seam Gas (CSG) exploration well has flowed gas to surface during Drill Stem Testing (DST).
The DST programme was undertaken at Alex-5 to determine the permeability and possible deliverability of the coal seams in the Walloon Coal Measures intersected by the well. The well was drilled to a total depth of 589 metres.
The current exploration and appraisal drilling programme is evaluating the gas bearing potential and deliverability of the Walloon Coal Measures to build on the certifiable gross recoverable CSG reserves.
PL 171 is interpreted to be situated in the prime Walloon Coal Seam Gas fairway on the eastern side of the Surat Basin.
Vicpet holds a 20% interest in PL 171.

Gas flowing to surface during DST testing in VPE/QGC (BG)'s PL171 permit. Given that, I would say that the test to "determine the permeability and possible deliverability of the coal seams" has been very successful!

airedale
16-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Nice little plug here from oilbarrel.com

http://www.oilbarrel.com/nc/news/display_news/article/new-faces-at-victoria-petroleum-signal-a-shift-of-gear-as-csg-drilling-ramps-up/1209.html

trackers
22-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Looks like the oppies were a golden handshake. JK has retired as of today.

No disrespect, but probably a good thing. Handover, clear the decks and get on with it

Paddie
22-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I am sure that Kentbrockman will be delighted.

Paddie

KentBrockman
22-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I am sure that Kentbrockman will be delighted.

Paddie

LOL....sort of.

The problem of course now is to find out what the real intentions of the new movers and shakers are, e.g. will they have the interests of non-institutional holders at heart too?

Other than that, I can't wait for Bermuda to show up and tell us that this is all part of the plan :)

Oiler
22-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks like the oppies were a golden handshake. JK has retired as of today.

No disrespect, but probably a good thing. Handover, clear the decks and get on with it

Totally agree Trackers. We all have our "use by date" :D

Jess9
22-09-2010, 10:21 PM
JK... anchors away, but after the floods subside methinks. ITC may provide greater leverage to entry ; )

bermuda
22-09-2010, 10:45 PM
JK... anchors away, but after the floods subside methinks. ITC may provide greater leverage to entry ; )

Jess9,
I think VPE will provide better leverage. It has the oil and CSG. But as you say ITC has leverage too. We need some strong hot eqinoxy norwesters and a bit of drilling luck early next year.

This baby has the Gestation of an elephant.

Kent,
Of course it was all part of the Plan. lol. Davies is going to put VPE on the map. No moss on this guy. Was heading for stardom at QGC/BG. Chose to come across and realise the potential of VPE. It will happen.

Jess9
23-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi bermuda. I was thinking buy itc to get more vpe, as vpe will take out itc and likely offer a vpe scipt premium for this.
Or is this, of the mark, in your opinion?

STRAT
27-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Looks like there will be some action today

bermuda
27-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi bermuda. I was thinking buy itc to get more vpe, as vpe will take out itc and likely offer a vpe scipt premium for this.
Or is this, of the mark, in your opinion?

Jess,
There are one, two or hopefully three reasons why VPE took a 10% holding in ITC,
1. ITC is indervalued.,
2. They stop another company tring to 'steal' ITC.,
3. They want 100% of the oil fairway.

I am happy holding both. Nice report by VPE this morning.

Strat, Hope you are feeling better

Rabbi
27-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Looks like there will be some action today

VPE don't appear to have any downside and they have been treading water-like many other csg oilers- for months. It is a question of whether the market will want more confirmation that the new VPE management can deliver or or if they will re-rate them on future revenues. Either way, a good buy at these prices.

macduffy
27-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Today's trading halts in DTE/AZO and the likely resultant bid seems to have rubbed off on VPE and BOW. Both up strongly.

Financially dependant
28-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Good solid day for VPE with volume up and the chart looking good. They haven't been able keep the momentum up over the last few months so let hope it's there time in the sun....:cool:

If BG/QGC can come up with a good announcement then should take off.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Good solid day for VPE with volume up and the chart looking good. They haven't been able keep the momentum up over the last few months so let hope it's there time in the sun....:cool:

If BG/QGC can come up with a good announcement then should take off.Hi FD.
Poked its head out of the trading range again and if it holds the medium term down trend will also be broken. Depth is changing too. This time eh?

We must be getting close for some info on PL171 now????

STRAT
29-09-2010, 10:34 AM
VPE don't appear to have any downside and they have been treading water-like many other csg oilers- for months. It is a question of whether the market will want more confirmation that the new VPE management can deliver or or if they will re-rate them on future revenues. Either way, a good buy at these prices.Hi Rabbi.
There is always a downside but all these new ex QGC guys are just what the doctor ordered I reckon. I wonder if a re branding is on the way?

bermuda
29-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi Rabbi.
There is always a downside but all these new ex QGC guys are just what the doctor ordered I reckon. I wonder if a re branding is on the way?

Strat,
Rebranding coming up shortly. Davies knows exactly how VPE ticks and a rebrand is already being planned. He assured me it could be done for less than $10,000.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Strat,
Rebranding coming up shortly. Davies knows exactly how VPE ticks and a rebrand is already being planned. He assured me it could be done for less than $10,000.Hi Bermuda.
Thats got to be a cost effective way of putting some distance between VPE as it is today and its troubled/uninspiring history eh?

What do you reckon the chances are of my ITC holding ending up as a holding in VPE? :eek2:

I would have done very well if I had allowed my RPM to become a holding in BOW :ohmy:

bermuda
29-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Bermuda.
Thats got to be a cost effective way of putting some distance between VPE as it is today and its troubled/uninspiring history eh?

What do you reckon the chances are of my ITC holding ending up as a holding in VPE? :eek2:

I would have done very well if I had allowed my RPM to become a holding in BOW :ohmy:

So would have Hubbard and Churcher. They reneged on a written agreement to give their RPM to BOW. They could do with the dosh right now.

I think your ITC shares have a very good future and they may well end up under the new VPE brand. Makes sense to me. I hold both as you know.

STRAT
29-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Wasnt something we said , was it? :lol:

VPE coming on strong today

Rabbi
29-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I bought into the CSG story when the sector was hot and am currently holding BOW VPE and Blue Energy
BOW has been outstanding but the other two have been laggards, particularly Blue Energy.
The Rudd Govt. seemed to put the brakes on the CSG sector, with uncertainty over whether the Gladstone project was going ahead.Even with that uncertainty removed there still seems to be a question mark over what companies will benefit the most if and when anything happens.

It looks like the market likes the QGC influence in VPE

A pity KOGAS left Blue energy hanging.

Financially dependant
29-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi FD.
Poked its head out of the trading range again and if it holds the medium term down trend will also be broken. Depth is changing too. This time eh?

We must be getting close for some info on PL171 now????

Hi Strat,

Yes it is looking good this time, another good day and all waiting with baited breath....It has been a long wait for PL171....RPM was my introduction to the Chch sharetrader guru's..;)

STRAT
29-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Strat,

Yes it is looking good this time, another good day and all waiting with baited breath....It has been a long wait for PL171....RPM was my introduction to the Chch sharetrader guru's..;)You are in with a good crowd down there I reckon. And they are all so nice too :D

Financially dependant
02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
As a patient holder of VPE it was nice to see a bit of action this week, started with a nice announcement and nicely timed for a change.
The ann created plenty of volume and so the traders piled in with there scanners going off, the pleasing part is yesterday when they piled out again there was enough buyers to keep the price stable...:)
The QGC update cannot be far away which should send the scanners off again!
Chart looks ok to my eye and ready for another go next week...

bermuda
03-10-2010, 09:41 AM
As a patient holder of VPE it was nice to see a bit of action this week, started with a nice announcement and nicely timed for a change.
The ann created plenty of volume and so the traders piled in with there scanners going off, the pleasing part is yesterday when they piled out again there was enough buyers to keep the price stable...:)
The QGC update cannot be far away which should send the scanners off again!
Chart looks ok to my eye and ready for another go next week...

FD,

Always good to see an MD forking out his own cash to buy shares. He bought 100k at 31 cents the other day. Davies has big plans for VPE.

Jess9
04-10-2010, 10:25 AM
maybe: "Queensland OIL and Gas Company" would do the trick, probably lots of good sentiment still attached to the QGC "brand" ; )

Huang Chung
14-10-2010, 10:23 PM
maybe: "Queensland OIL and Gas Company" would do the trick, probably lots of good sentiment still attached to the QGC "brand" ; )

Would you believe the new name is to be 'Senex'??

Sounds like some kind of nasal spray.....

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=VPE&E=ASX&N=509466

airedale
14-10-2010, 10:58 PM
It has the letters S E and X so that should give it some appeal. Other 3 letter words like oil and gas and a lot will also help.:)

Huang Chung
15-10-2010, 12:00 AM
It has the letters S E and X so that should give it some appeal.

Brand of condoms??

STRAT
15-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Brand of condoms??
Pain killers

and perfect :lol:

airedale
18-10-2010, 01:38 PM
New appointee to the VPE board Tim Cromellin, has connections to Queensland Gas and also to RBS Morgans the broking firm who recommended VPE in Dec 09 with a target price of A$ .53.

STRAT
18-10-2010, 02:49 PM
It has the letters S E and X so that should give it some appeal. Other 3 letter words like oil and gas and a lot will also help.:)That would make a decent code

VPE to SEX

Sure beats WTF

every time I read that ticker I always think What The F...........

trackers
18-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Haha, I think that too Strat about WTF... I quite like BUY personally (Bounty oil&gas) sometimes I just want to pick up some because its telling me to

airedale
21-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Story about VPE/SENEX in the Oilbarrel.

http://www.oilbarrel.com/nc/news/display_news/article/victoria-petroleum-recommencement-of-production-in-early-2011-will-be-eagerly-anticipated/771.html

STRAT
25-10-2010, 12:22 PM
VPE looks strong this morning as do my other CSGers. well all except WCL:blink:

Financially dependant
25-10-2010, 03:21 PM
VPE looks strong this morning as do my other CSGers. well all except WCL:blink:

Yes it is still going well, up 7% as we speak....not all CSGers are raising on the news but STO is going strong too, maybe a bit more focused then previous thought.

VPE's chart looks like it has plenty of resistance to overcome but it's over the first hurdle, closing price will be interesting.

Cheers FD

Financially dependant
26-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Another solid finish for the day on average volume, unusual for VPE not many selling....

What will come next..? BG FID, resource certification or take over.....

airedale
26-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Settle down, FD, maybe the next big thing will just be the change of name;):).

Financially dependant
27-10-2010, 09:40 PM

Well the Annual report makes good reading.....http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=VPE&E=ASX&N=511945
I will try to keep it under control airedale....:)

"CSG short term value realisation & long term sustainable growth"

"Horizontal drilling at Growler"

CSG reserve certification in PL171 & ATP574P still in late 2010....all good and no shortage of targets..

bermuda
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
British Gas isn't mucking around. I will definitely be taking the top off a bottle tonight. It was a long wait but it will be worth it. VPE's CSG is worth more than 70 cents a share and BG knows it.
ps VPE's oil is worth $A54 million gross revenue per annum on a sustainable basis.

A few more out there are starting to appreciate just exactly what is going on.

Cheers to British Gas and to our JV with them.

Oiler
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
British Gas isn't mucking around. I will definitely be taking the top off a bottle tonight. It was a long wait but it will be worth it. VPE's CSG is worth more than 70 cents a share and BG knows it.
ps VPE's oil is worth $A54 million gross revenue per annum on a sustainable basis.

Cheers Bermuda have "one" drink for me :t_up:

Next celebration will be NWE then we can have ????? drinks :D

Financially dependant
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM

A great way to start the working week....I feel a Chch catch up coming on....Are you around on Monday Bermuda, I will buy you a Guinness??

Certification next week??

STRAT
01-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Next celebration will be NWE then we can have ????? drinks :DHope youre right G. Ive got a few bucks riding on it :D

airedale
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Hi FD, "rational exuberance" is fully justified tonight.:)
Would like to join you for a drink next week, but will be in Cromwell instead.

bermuda
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
FD,
I will be at the Lone Star next Monday 5.30pm. ( unless I am in Wanaka ). Will confirm later.

VPE is finally starting to get the attention it has always deserved.

STRAT
11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Just been going over the chart for this one. Looks to me like someone is slowly filling their boots. Thoughts anyone else?

whirly
11-11-2010, 03:05 PM
It was me! Been buying up thru the 30's.

Jess9
12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Me too, but early 40's. Like the sound of an imminent CSG cert : )

I remember BOW at around 30c and missed that quick ride up to $1.50...maybe VPE is a 2nd chance...

The Big Ease
13-11-2010, 07:40 AM
We know VPE will get paid more than 140M for their CSG in 574 and 171. Probably something like 200m and bermuda reckons 300m.
Well after that it will be a matter of using that money wisely and convincing the market that it has a plan. i wonder what that will include because even buying out ITC wont use up all that cash.

VPE could well be an interesting play.

Financially dependant
13-11-2010, 07:55 AM
We know VPE will get paid more than 140M for their CSG in 574 and 171. Probably something like 200m and bermuda reckons 300m.
Well after that it will be a matter of using that money wisely and convincing the market that it has a plan. i wonder what that will include because even buying out ITC wont use up all that cash.

VPE could well be an interesting play.

Yes indeed TBE, that would double Market Cap straight off the bat. My feelings is develop the fairway with pipe lines and infill drilling to maximise return. They have plenty more tenements to explore for more oil and CSG BUT VPE will be vulnerable to take over when BG have there gas...;)

Jess9
14-11-2010, 10:45 PM
So what's the chance of a new CSG cert before the AGM (26 November)?

Why the delay from BG.? The six wells are in and they got the people.

I guess this delay may just mean more gas to count ; ) and / or a deal to be made...$250 - 300M sounds fine to add to the war chest...but would BG cough this much? The new management / board team seem to have the required cred. to do a good VPE deal.

yogi-in-oz
15-11-2010, 12:13 AM
VPE astroanalysis ... updated 12112010:

:)

Hi folks,

VPE ... here’s a look at the astroanalysis for VPE, over the next couple of months.

17-18112010 ... expecting a positive spotlight on VPE

26-29112010 ... minor news expected here

17-24122010 ... 4 time cycles over this period, may bring significant and
positive news, triggered by a lunar aspect, around 22-23122010.

03012011 ... a positive aspect, that may bring some financial news, but
then, VPE starts to go through its next negative cycle phase.

14-17012011 ... expecting a significant and negative spotlight on VPE

3101- 01022011 ... 2 time cycles may bring significant and negative news here.

15-21022011 ... 4 minor cycles, during this time

25-28022011 ... significant and negative time cycle ... finance-related ... (???)

07-08032011 ... significant and positive news expected here

15-16032011 ... expect a positive spotlight to focus on VPE

23-24032011 ... minor cycle

25-28032011 ... positive cycle may bring a short and sharp upmove.

More later .....

have a great weekend

paul

P.S. ..... SSN also responds to similar astroanalysis, as VPE.

:)

=====

Jess9
15-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Bit old, but a good presentation and relevant if a CSG cert and BG offer is forth coming... http://www.slideshare.net/plsderrick/excellence-in-oil-and-gas-conference

Anna Naum
19-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Capital Raising

Jess9
20-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Some HC talk of something new...

Also CR at 37c...a 10% discount so possible and so would be reasonable to holders, considering the up trend VPE was very recently on.

If the investment is good market could even kick VPE up a notch. If holders get a ticket to buy in at SPP this could work well...and no lynching at the AGM : )

STRAT
20-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Some HC talk of something new...

Also CR at 37c...a 10% discount so possible and so would be reasonable to holders, considering the up trend VPE was very recently on.

If the investment is good market could even kick VPE up a notch. If holders get a ticket to buy in at SPP this could work well...and no lynching at the AGM : )Hope you are right Jess. VPE fired a few sell signals leading up to this TH. Some thought this was a good time to sell. We will find out next week .

Just been looking over the VPE and ITC charts and two dates leap out of them.

27/9/2010 to 28/9/2010
VPE and ITC both show a significant rise in turnover which has continued but started on almost the exact same day

Yesterday
ITC shows significant trading volume the same day VPE announce TH.

Perhaps this business will be better for ITC holders than VPE holders if there is a connection.

Jess9
20-11-2010, 11:54 AM
You mean VPE? Either way its a roll of the dice which stops Tuesday.

STRAT
20-11-2010, 11:58 AM
You mean VPE? Either way its a roll of the dice which stops Tuesday.Hi Jess
If you are referring to the last line I meant ITC. Pure speculation on my part based on the charts above. Take it with the usual sack of salt over the shoulder

Financially dependant
22-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Interesting day in the VPE world, Eddie Smith and ITC have put a reserve of 8.6c and is welcoming all bidders for the company. Beach is the first cab of the rank and I can't see how they will not win (possibly STO but they are a bit busy atm).
Surely Beach want all the fairway not just Impress's share, so do they put a offer in to VPE for the rest?

IMHO if BG agrees VPE are next?? How this unfolds I am unsure but interesting never the less....

airedale
22-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Sentient Group increases its stake @ 37 cents/share. Sounds like a positive to me.

Jess9
22-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Yup, they sure won't be buying a top : )

Jess9
22-11-2010, 11:07 PM
From mem. they got on board around 13c? For them to average up so, is a very good sign. My guess is we'll see that initial CSG reserve shortly from BG and the value of VPE will move north quickly...allowing VPE to make a better offer for ITC than BPT... before the SGM. VPE will offer mostly script and both ITC and VPE holders will be happy. Especially when initial reserves are then upgraded post 2011's CSG drill program (now fully funded) and more 3P and 2P gets added to those big BG/VPE permits. Lets wait and see. Must be more patient this time round. Whack ; )

Rabbi
13-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Looks like VPE is back in favour with the market after being a much unloved stock for years. With a 20% stake in Impress I wonder what Ian Davies plan is, as I can't see a counter to BPT's offer.

VPE on the move and about to finally unleash it's potential.

Great acreage
and now great management.
all underpinned by increasing revenue from Cooper basin

soulman
13-12-2010, 07:15 PM
VPE benefitting from BPT bid as they will locked in profits for potential higher offers from BPT. From memory, they bought ITC all the way up to 6.5. So, a 30% odd profits aren't doing their SP no harm.

Jess9
13-12-2010, 08:38 PM
VPE should do a deal...sell all to Beach at say 10c and hand over operator-ship, then focus their time / efforts on CSG and maybe Shale Gas? This appears to be were their expertise is at. They also will get passive $ from their 60% of the Cooper oil permit...the JV also benefits from strong and well funded new JV partner.

Financially dependant
20-12-2010, 07:30 AM
In the last presentation it was stated the CSG cert is due this year (from memory), how many days trading do we have left?

STRAT
21-12-2010, 01:12 PM
In the last presentation it was stated the CSG cert is due this year (from memory), how many days trading do we have left?A couple and we are in a trading halt :eek2:

Jess9
21-12-2010, 01:52 PM
just for a new access road...cmon VPE...

STRAT
21-12-2010, 01:59 PM
just for a new access road...cmon VPE...A much needed road but Mr Market couldnt care less so far

Jess9
21-12-2010, 09:33 PM
yip. VPE you are a real tease...call a TH, till up to Thursday... then release that only an hour or two later...u know we're waiting for big gas, and u can't just keep sitting on it, you'll get a leak and loose all the surprise value ; )

bermuda
21-12-2010, 11:04 PM
yip. VPE you are a real tease...call a TH, till up to Thursday... then release that only an hour or two later...u know we're waiting for big gas, and u can't just keep sitting on it, you'll get a leak and loose all the surprise value ; )
Jess,
If AFIC aren't worried about it, I aint worried.

Merry Christmas

This thing gets seriously big next year.

I have been waiting for 3 years. Just go for the story.

Jess9
22-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi Bermuda.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Just impatient on that Certification. Especially as it is soooo overdue, and after that exciting sounding (at least at the start) TH yesterday... there is a real opportunity cost from having to wait too long and not being else where right now.

Cheers.

Bermuda, initial reserve cert, still reckon before end of 2010 i.e. in next week, or is this a 2011 thing now?

Jess9
22-12-2010, 07:17 AM
ps shame about timing so far... I really thought we may have had a res cert, price increase, cash script offer for ITC all by now...ahhh well best laid plans and all that. Lets see what these guys do next, from outside they seem behind the current game.

bermuda
22-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Bermuda.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Just impatient on that Certification. Especially as it is soooo overdue, and after that exciting sounding (at least at the start) TH yesterday... there is a real opportunity cost from having to wait too long and not being else where right now.

Cheers.

Bermuda, initial reserve cert, still reckon before end of 2010 i.e. in next week, or is this a 2011 thing now?

Jess,
It will be announced in 2011. I have asked Ian Davies repeatedly to get this info out. BG are playing hardball but sooner or later it will all come out.
Merry Christmas

ELYOB
22-12-2010, 01:11 PM
BPT will force VPE to be more transparent . It would be better now for BPT to become the operator in VPE /ITC JV. VPE has done a poor job to date , frustrating ITC all the way but ITC just got plain sick of it. BPT may well do a nice fix on VPE.Wait for it ....

Jess9
22-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Cheers Bermuda. I would note it takes at least two to play hardball ; ) Sounds like the new team is winding in a deal. In some ways this delay is a good sign, probably means their is a lot more gas / upside and that QGC/BG are mapping out their next steps. Metron maybe right on the money, and an cash out offer forthcoming, but in the new year. Could propel this coy into Coopers and something new and 100%. Maybe they could even have a crack at BPT. Haa, that would be a turn, the hunter turned the hunted! Thanks for your thoughts and muses this year and have a great Christmas.

Jess9
22-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Cheers to you both, goods thoughts ELYOB. I will be a little more patient. TA wise, VPE is an entry again also : )

bermuda
22-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Cheers Bermuda. I would note it takes at least two to play hardball ; ) Sounds like the new team is winding in a deal. In some ways this delay is a good sign, probably means their is a lot more gas / upside and that QGC/BG are mapping out their next steps. Metron maybe right on the money, and an cash out offer forthcoming, but in the new year. Could propel this coy into Coopers and something new and 100%. Maybe they could even have a crack at BPT. Haa, that would be a turn, the hunter turned the hunted! Thanks for your thoughts and muses this year and have a great Christmas.

Jess,
We have waited a long time.
This is a quality stock. AFIC are a very astute bunch.

To those that don't follow VPE, have a troll back and see how it has been marked down. These are the stocks to buy. The hated stock. I love them.

Meanwhile, the top 20 shareholders own 54% of the company. That says it all.

Merry Christmas guys and gals.

Wonder what next year will bring? The continuing growth of China and a lot more media attention on India..... And oil over $US100/bbl. And a huge commercial/industrial real estate problem in the USA. Asia growth will see us through and Wall St will gradually become Small St.

The Chinese and Indian bourses will become massive. ( the Singaporeans bid for ASX the other day )

STRAT
29-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone know if the recent flooding has hit the Cooper again?

whirly
29-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone know if the recent flooding has hit the Cooper again?

COOPER CREEK:
Moderate flooding has commenced to rise in the Cooper Creek at Windorah with a
return to major flood levels expected later this week. At 6am Tuesday the creek
level was 4.45 metres, which was about 0.15 metres above the level of the
approaches to the Diamantina Development Road. Moderate flooding continues
downstream at Durham Downs with renewed rises and moderate flooding in the next
few weeks as upstream floodwaters from the Windorah area arrive.
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20860.html

STRAT
29-12-2010, 11:52 AM
COOPER CREEK:
Moderate flooding has commenced to rise in the Cooper Creek at Windorah with a
return to major flood levels expected later this week. At 6am Tuesday the creek
level was 4.45 metres, which was about 0.15 metres above the level of the
approaches to the Diamantina Development Road. Moderate flooding continues
downstream at Durham Downs with renewed rises and moderate flooding in the next
few weeks as upstream floodwaters from the Windorah area arrive.
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20860.htmlThanks for the Whirly.

Bummer eh?

whirly
29-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the Whirly.

Bummer eh?

I think so. VPE are my biggest single holding and up nicely but not sure on the impact of all this rain so will watch closely and take some profit if need be. So much potential though that sp might hold up thru the rain.

Jess9
28-01-2011, 12:25 PM
CSG res out but market still hates VPE...is this not good news or has the market valued it prior to today accurately...considering fllooding also??

airedale
10-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Relevant news from Queensland....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/optimistic-bg-looks-to-expand-18bn-gladstone-lng-plant/story-e6frg8zx-1226003254307

Gladstone planning another gas train.

airedale
11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
A little lift in price and volume today. May just be due to the new Company code ASX: SXY.... or there may be something else in the wings.

airedale
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Monthly breakout? Worth watching.

STRAT
12-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Maybe Airedale but I try not to watch. Im always left feelin like Im watchin paint dry or grass grow.

airedale
14-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Can someone change the title to include the new code: SXY. Perhaps Shrewdy who started the thread, or one of the moderators?

shasta
14-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I typed in SXY & it came up first search

airedale
14-02-2011, 02:47 PM
That better?

Thank you, Saint Mod.:)

Jess9
16-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Monthly breakout? Worth watching.

Hi AD.

Back in, again. This one has cost me (three false starts now), but I stump up the funds again. TA shows a green light and I think this will go through 50c next, and hopefully beyond because enough change has occured...name change, CSG cert, Oil on track etc. Big bites yesterday also...e.g. 300K in a go. Market is waking up and I think others will pile in when the see this time it is really moving forward. The tipping point I guess. Hopefully we will see 60-70c quickly from here : )

STRAT
21-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like VPE has got into second gear this morning after being in low for far to long to recall. Hope its a goodin

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Looks like VPE has got into second gear this morning after being in low for far to long to recall. Hope its a goodin

Trading halt pending news on potential oil reserves upgrade and talks about a "material transaction".

We're warming up... :cool:

Jess9
21-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi Strat.

TH also.

Oil upgrade and a discussion with a 3rd party re a material transaction...interesting to see if BPT goes into TH next, or if not maybe BG finally opening that chq book...that would be just too good however. Prob linked to the Cooper oil. Either way looks promising.

Jess9
21-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi OTL. Back in, just in the nick of time, I hope that is. After a few false starts...this smells much better.

STRAT
21-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi fellas.
Wonder what they are buying or selling?

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi fellas.
Wonder what they are buying or selling?

Upgrading then selling their Cooper basin assets to Beach? (BPT aren't in a trading halt though)

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi OTL. Back in, just in the nick of time, I hope that is. After a few false starts...this smells much better.

G'day Jess, welcome back to the fold. I've sat on this one for quite some time, was fairly indifferent about their performance for a while but didn't quite get irritated enough to sell. I think things are starting to move a bit now. The Tunisians may have inadvertently given us a leg up too.

Jess9
21-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Any others in TH to shed a little light?? BPT and ITC no move yet anyway.

STRAT
21-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I see MHL has a notice received. I hope VPE arent getting in deeper with that outfit

Jess9
21-02-2011, 12:01 PM
MHL...says suspended from quotation now. Go on...put BG in TH ; )

STRAT
21-02-2011, 12:03 PM
MHL...says suspended from quotation now. Go on...put BG in TH ; )Yeah :(

Id really like to see VPE distance themselves from MHL

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 12:09 PM
On the bright side, if it was MHL perhaps SXY will give them some much needed cash in exchange for their share of the Fury discovery? Can't see too much else about MHL to get excited about.

Jess9
21-02-2011, 12:26 PM
HC suggests its something with STU...

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Holy hell. Check out their announcement on reserves. :cool:

bermuda
21-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Holy hell. Check out their announcement on reserves. :cool:

A deal with STU seems to be on the cards. This will be a wonderful upwards step and will really give the oil reserves a lift. Go SXY.

OutToLunch
21-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Could be, Bermuda. SXY could do very well to establish themselves as a major player in the Cooper Basin, just ahead of additional exploration drilling and higher oil prices thrown in for good measure. This is shaping up nicely.

Toulouse - Luzern
21-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Announcement on Reserves "proved reserves are equivalent to money in the bank"

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110221/pdf/41wx1d5jqjyftv.pdf

Rabbi
21-02-2011, 02:54 PM
They Board of Senex must have done their sums on this. It will be interesting to see what the market thinks when the TH is lifted. There is still a pile of cash to come from BPT for SXY holding in Impress.

Looking good.

STRAT
21-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Well. Looking good for anyone holding STU

Rabbi
21-02-2011, 05:25 PM
STU up 26c
SXY down 3c

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush! ...or the market is saying there IS far more value in SXY than STU?

Jess9
21-02-2011, 05:34 PM
give the market a few days to digest this and the oil reserve upgrade for SXY. The last CSG one also made SXUY go down briefly...

Jess9
21-02-2011, 05:56 PM
the arbitrage will settle soon ; )

STU@97.5c equals VPE @39c...

Jess9
21-02-2011, 06:06 PM
both will rise imo.

Rabbi
21-02-2011, 08:50 PM
both will rise imo.

STU price should follow SXY at a 2.5:1 ratio but at the moment there is no exact correlation. Possibly those who sold out of STU today might have sold too cheaply.
Plenty of time for the dust to settle. Davies must have been after the CSG and Shale gas permits of STU which could be a huge resource, as high as 60 trillion cu ft.

As a Senex holder I can't help feeling screwed because STU holders get 2.5 shares to my 1 and all the resources of the merged entity. The SP drops and next comes the dilution however the STU permits should be the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Jess9
21-02-2011, 08:57 PM
it has some reasonable oil and is in production also...so some quite good cash flow too.

Just one gripe. Why not do the reserve upgrade 1st, then the merger...I guess it was all part of a workable deal to get STU.

I was hoping to see north of 50c today on all that good (reserves etc) news.

shasta
21-02-2011, 10:01 PM
it has some reasonable oil and is in production also...so some quite good cash flow too.

Just one gripe. Why not do the reserve upgrade 1st, then the merger...I guess it was all part of a workable deal to get STU.

I was hoping to see north of 50c today on all that good (reserves etc) news.

I see SXY selling there ITC shares to BPT will net them $15m, so STU also gets access to SXY's $63m cash!

STRAT
21-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Looks like the market was pretty unimpressed to me

bermuda
18-04-2011, 11:08 PM
The word on the street is that Senex is about to have a crack at the 38-60 TCF shale potential that lies under STU's permits. A drill is planned for May. SXY is a growth company and this news will see SXY join BPT, ADE, AWE and NWE as Australia's first shale players.

This is ground breaking news for SXY.

gazprom1
18-04-2011, 11:21 PM
The word on the street is that Senex is about to have a crack at the 38-60 TCF shale potential that lies under STU's permits. A drill is planned for May. SXY is a growth company and this news will see SXY join BPT, ADE, AWE and NWE as Australia's first shale players.

This is ground breaking news for SXY.

Hi Bermuda,

That would be exciting news...currently do not hold. Does SXY have the cash to undertake one or more drills in the STU permits or will they need to go to the market??? Also, are they able to do that as well as continue to develop their conventional oil play(s)?

Thanks
Gaz

bermuda
19-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Bermuda,

That would be exciting news...currently do not hold. Does SXY have the cash to undertake one or more drills in the STU permits or will they need to go to the market??? Also, are they able to do that as well as continue to develop their conventional oil play(s)?

Thanks
Gaz

Gaz,
I have just received some info about this drill from Ian Davies, the CEO. The next drill they are doing in May is the Vintage Crop-1 well, one of STU's opportunities. It is looking for conventional oil but they are going to go deeper into the coal and shale and core both.

I am not sure whether this shale area forms part of the 38-60 TCF that has been estimated in STU's acreage. I will find this out.

bermuda
19-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Gaz,
I have just received some info about this drill from Ian Davies, the CEO. The next drill they are doing in May is the Vintage Crop-1 well, one of STU's opportunities. It is looking for conventional oil but they are going to go deeper into the coal and shale and core both.

I am not sure whether this shale area forms part of the 38-60 TCF that has been estimated in STU's acreage. I will find this out.

Gaz,
It is well worth reading STU's Shale notice on the ASX dated 29 July 2010. They reckon their shales in the Allunga trough are the best in the Cooper, possibly the best in Australia...and they are WET. The Vintage Crop-1 drill is nearby to the south but not actually in the Allunga trough. Worth a go having a little look at the coal and shales though.

STU's Coals may contain 20 TCF Gas in Place. The Shales are estimated to hold between 38-60 TCF. These are big numbers.

The Directors, Shareholders and Management of Senex have a huge experience. The STU purchase was a Masterstroke . We ain't seen nothing yet.

airedale
14-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Something of interest here:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/bg-faced-delay-on-queensland-curtis-liquefied-natural-gas-plant/story-e6frg8zx-1226054262885

airedale
07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
And something else of interest here:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/golden-age-of-gas-to-pipe-in-36bn-a-year-to-australian-economy/story-e6frg8zx-1226070500388

Rabbi
15-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Good news and the SP is going nowhere. Spec stocks not the flavour of the month.
Anyway here it is ...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SXY&E=ASX&N=232634

Shale gas could be a company maker for SXY but market just too nervous at the moment to buy into the story.

Rabbi
29-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Preliminary testing of Shale gas and coals seems to be very encouraging. SXY could be sitting on a 99tcf resource. At the moment the market doesn't seem to want to know about it, and even Beach SP has hardly moved after they successfully fracced the Shale reservoir at their Holdfast permit.
Rumours swirling around other sites that Beach might be eying up SXY or ROC.
Takeover activity is the only thing that will set this sector alight but it seems the big boys are playing a waiting game at the moment.

OutToLunch
30-06-2011, 09:54 AM
This is an excellent result for Senex. A new oil field plus what looks like a lot of shale gas further down the hole. Yet the share price hardly responded, at least not so far. :confused:

airedale
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
And the MD buys shares on market.

bermuda
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
And the MD buys shares on market.

I see Beach just raised another $150m to give it a warchest of $330m. I hope none of it is designed for SXY. That would really p.. me off after all the waiting. SXY is a growth company poised to be a leading Aussie Shaler.

Paddie
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I bit of early interest in SXY today. Maybe you are on the money.

Paddie

OutToLunch
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I hope any takeover offer meets with stiff resistance from shareholders. Has anyone got a recent Top 20 list? I can't see one on their website.

Paddie
05-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Do we know what the 21,000,000 trade this morning was for?

Paddie

STRAT
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Money :D...........

Rabbi
05-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Do we know what the 21,000,000 trade this morning was for?

Paddie

$19276,000 to be exact. Someone took the opportunity to dump at a profit and someone else is now taking a position. Significant that a buyer has faith in this company to stump up that amount at this price.
I wonder if Matthews Capital is having a nibble? :)

STRAT
05-07-2011, 04:43 PM
$19276,000 to be exact. Someone took the opportunity to dump at a profit and someone else is now taking a position. Significant that a buyer has faith in this company to stump up that amount at this price.
I wonder if Matthews Capital is having a nibble? :)That trade has disappeared. Total for the day under 7 mill now.:confused:

Paddie
05-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Strat,

I noticed that the trade had disapeared as well. Mind you, 7 million is a big day of trading for SXY.

It does make me wonder if someone is taking a position?

Paddie

airedale
05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Incredible Charts has volume of 36.14 million. for the day

OutToLunch
06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Incredible Charts has volume of 36.14 million. for the day

It shows up on DB's charts too. No doubt the chartists out there will have their radars trained on SXY now? In any case it would be interesting to see who the buyer and seller were. My feeling is that SXY is too big a bite for BPT to swallow whole unless they pull some kind of cash/scrip swindle.

STRAT
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Back to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

airedale
07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Back to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Yeah I know what you mean, Strat. Watching paint dry was the phrase you used before.:);)

Financially dependant
07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, Strat. Watching paint dry was the phrase you used before.:);)

It looks like the Sentinel group was the big buyer.....http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=SXY&N=233217

Back to the paint drying...

Oiler
07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
It looks like the Sentinel group was the big buyer.....http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=SXY&N=233217

Back to the paint drying...

FD,Airedale,STRAT the CSG industry is fraught with enviromental problems :( time to look to the future, SHALE :D

OutToLunch
07-07-2011, 06:58 PM
If having an outfit like Sentient loading up on one of your holdings is like watching paint dry, then I wouldn't mind trying some of that paint...

Rabbi
07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Sentient group bought another 30 million on market paying 40 cents average.
Speculation is that Senex is a multi bagger based on their Shale gas permits.

bermuda
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
FD,Airedale,STRAT the CSG industry is fraught with enviromental problems :( time to look to the future, SHALE :D

Hi Oiler,
Have to disagree with your environmental comments re CSG and Shale. As you know I have a foot in both camps.

If you asked the EPA in the USA where their main headaches were coming from it would be Shale. ( not CSG )Both forms have been suffering lately due to erroneous media reports such as Gaslands etc. But if Best Practice is applied to both then no problems.

What a great statement from Sentient Group.

If investors don't know who they are then please google them up. Also google AFIC, another substantial SXY shareholder. This must take the top 20 in SXY to about 60%. Little wonder with what SXY is embarked on. SXY is a growth company and Sentient's purchase has to some extent given it a bit more protection from marauders such as Beach, Santos, or possibly even a BHP.

This story just gets better.

STRAT
07-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, Strat. Watching paint dry was the phrase you used before.:);)I think that may have been CUE I was referring to when I said that. Mind you, never mind drying. The paints lookin a tad blistered on CUE these days.

airedale
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Just before I went out tonight I caught the headline about the Sentient group. I thought that they had sold out, but when I got home I see that they have increased their share. They got in a few years ago at about 20 cents? or there abouts. So it is encouraging to see them becoming more confident. And the MD Ian Davies who bought more shares this week is also more confident.

Oiler
08-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Oiler,
Have to disagree with your environmental comments re CSG and Shale. As you know I have a foot in both camps.

If you asked the EPA in the USA where their main headaches were coming from it would be Shale. ( not CSG )Both forms have been suffering lately due to erroneous media reports such as Gaslands etc. But if Best Practice is applied to both then no problems.

What a great statement from Sentient Group.

If investors don't know who they are then please google them up. Also google AFIC, another substantial SXY shareholder. This must take the top 20 in SXY to about 60%. Little wonder with what SXY is embarked on. SXY is a growth company and Sentient's purchase has to some extent given it a bit more protection from marauders such as Beach, Santos, or possibly even a BHP.

This story just gets better.

Hi Bermuda

You have your feet in many camps :D and you and I could talk about the for and against, CSG v Shale on this forum till the cows come home

How about we talk about it over some Ozzie Shiraz and crayfish in Fremantle in Sept. at the Good Oil Conference. Second thoughts forget the crayfish :t_up:

In short, I am not too worried about the "side effects" of Shale fraccing. A lot of misinformation being put out around the Marcellus by enviromentalist groups in turn funded by the NY state elite.

bermuda
08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi Bermuda

You have your feet in many camps :D and you and I could talk about the for and against, CSG v Shale on this forum till the cows come home

How about we talk about it over some Ozzie Shiraz and crayfish in Fremantle in Sept. at the Good Oil Conference. Second thoughts forget the crayfish :t_up:

In short, I am not too worried about the "side effects" of Shale fraccing. A lot of misinformation being put out around the Marcellus by enviromentalist groups in turn funded by the NY state elite.

OK, Already booked for Perth. Potter can join us. We will stick to prawns, steak, and a good Aussie Red. These portuguese reds are all 'corked' !

That Sentient purchase was a great signal for all . Good to see it didn't go unnoticed.

airedale
10-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Breakout of SXY on the monthly chart. This should strengthen last week's breakout on the weekly chart. A little pullback then a rise on increased volume will add further confirmation.
And a big pullback means that we are back at square 1.:ohmy:

airedale
19-07-2011, 08:51 PM
The breakout on SXY looks like a goer this time. New highs on the daily, weekly and monthly charts. Next waypoint 49 cents.

Discl: Holding.

STRAT
20-07-2011, 01:42 AM
The breakout on SXY looks like a goer this time. New highs on the daily, weekly and monthly charts. Next waypoint 49 cents.

Discl: Holding.
Dunno how many times you and I have seen/said this over the years Airedale but if it does get over 49 and stays there I will start to be interested.

Hope its not just a P&D for those unlisted options to be converted and sold off.

STRAT
25-07-2011, 04:46 PM
At the risk of being repetitious.

Breakout looming? lol

drillfix
25-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Getting there, but needs to hit 46c and remain there, but it seems to have some solid resistance at 45c.

Seems somebody is capping this. No doubt any conviction would be a real test of onward and upwards.

I dont hold.

STRAT
25-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Getting there, but needs to hit 46c and remain there, but it seems to have some solid resistance at 45c.

Seems somebody is capping this. No doubt any conviction would be a real test of onward and upwards.

I dont hold.Hi Drilly.
No hurry eh? Its been gettin there for years and years and years and.......................................

drillfix
25-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, if thats the case then Strat, I wish you well with it. Fortunately for me I dont hold, but one day I may regret saying that no doubt, but aint that always the way :P

STRAT
29-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey, now thats something you dont see every day with VPE :D

airedale
30-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Dunno how many times you and I have seen/said this over the years Airedale but if it does get over 49 and stays there I will start to be interested.

Hope its not just a P&D for those unlisted options to be converted and sold off.

Hi Strat, 49 cents getting closer. "Pump and dump for those options"?? who knows. But the chart is very strong in a very lacklustre market.

Rabbi
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi Strat, 49 cents getting closer. "Pump and dump for those options"?? who knows. But the chart is very strong in a very lacklustre market.

Seems to be in an uptrend. Davies has an ambitious target of 700,000 BOE this financial year. Shale gas is the real company maker though, with a frac and flow test of their shale permit on the horizon.
If it's as good as Beach there could be Blue sky ahead as Senex permit seems to be value added "wet" gas. Hope it's not taken over before some or most of the value is factored in.

Paddie
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
SXY at 50c now, good to see as a long term holder it looks like we are really starting to get some traction.

Paddie

Financially dependant
02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
SXY at 50c now, good to see as a long term holder it looks like we are really starting to get some traction.

Paddie

Finished the day above 50c again, plenty of volume...the CSG sector looking good again, the big guns are looking for all the gas they can get....and they don't care were it comes from...coal seams, shale or conventional.

The Big Ease
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
I think it is a bit of a stretch to declare SXY a CSG company.
Don Juan will be converted to cash and that will probably be the end of the SXY involvement in CSG.
They have made it quite clear that oil and shale is the game.

STRAT
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Strat, 49 cents getting closer. "Pump and dump for those options"?? who knows. But the chart is very strong in a very lacklustre market.Lookin good eh? Its been nearly 2 and a 1/2 years since VPE looked this good chart wise and 7 years since it traded above this price range :O

airedale
03-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi Strat, and almost 14 years exactly since it shot up like a rocket to $2.40 before sinking back to the doldrums that we have recently been familiar with. All credit to Bermuda for the heads up.

airedale
18-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Market totally underwhelmed by today's ann re farming out prospects. Albeit on small volume.

zigzag
22-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Geez! These guys don't muck around. Only bought in a few months back, and already it's been quite a ride.

bermuda
22-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Geez! These guys don't muck around. Only bought in a few months back, and already it's been quite a ride.

Spoke to Ian Davies, CEO, today. They have huge aspirations. Sentient, AFIC, Elphinstone and all the big boys are taking up the offer. I will too, plus a few more.. The Board and Management have a defined game plan. This will be a very different company in 1 years time.

airedale
22-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Lookin good eh? Its been nearly 2 and a 1/2 years since VPE looked this good chart wise and 7 years since it traded above this price range :O

Hi Strat, looks like we will be watching the paint dry again until the market digests this latest capital raising.
Bermuda, good to see you back on deck again.

STRAT
22-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi Strat, looks like we will be watching the paint dry again until the market digests this latest capital raising.
Bermuda, good to see you back on deck again.Hi Airedale.
At least we know what the pump was for now. eh?

crooky
22-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Spoke to Ian Davies, CEO, today. They have huge aspirations. Sentient, AFIC, Elphinstone and all the big boys are taking up the offer. I will too, plus a few more.. The Board and Management have a defined game plan. This will be a very different company in 1 years time.

I reckon the same bermuda , thanks for the update with Ian Davies.

airedale
23-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I see that Sentient Group have also said that they will take an extra 44.25 million shares in the rights issue if they become available.

Rabbi
28-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Senex is powering ahead following a recent capital raising at 35cents. Sentiment seems to have changed since Ian Davies took over the reins as CEO. Davies has a production target of 700,000 boe to come out of the Cooper basin this financial year.
This would be huge increase in revenue if this target can be achieved.
Also, the significance of the Shale gas permits cannot be underestimated as they look to test and book a resource next year.
Add the CSG assets and you have a prime takeover target for one of the majors.
The cashflow from Cooper Oil underpins their strong strategic assets and I can't see them going cheaply like BOW