PDA

View Full Version : CRJ-Copper Range

Skol
15-10-2007, 03:45 PM
This resource junior has some acreage near the Olympic Dam prospect. Price is lower than it's been for some time, has no debt and looks like some good gold, copper, uranium territory.
The options have caught the attention of David Haselhurst aka The Speculator in The Bulletin. Anyone got an opinion on this one?

rev
15-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Skol. I've got a few of these, bought in mid April for 27c, they were on an upward trend when I got in and peaked in the early 40's, but have dropped back a bit since then.

When I bought in I was hoping for a bit more action than I've seen, but I think they have a few fundamentals in place that make them a happy hold. Good ground, good cash...although they don't seem to be in any hurry to get more drills in the ground and the chaps running the show haven't proven to be dullards yet so I have no reason to fault them.

They do have good ground, they had started drilling and got quite deep before finding bugger all, but they had chosen to start in the area less likely to show profitable quantities, I'm not sure of the reason why they took that path but they know more about that sort of thing than me.. The result weren't much chop, and they promptly abandoned drilling there, and moved two rigs (I think it was two) to the Adelaide Ford Belt, away from the Olympic Dam area. The South Austrailian government's ministry for mining mob have recently completed large scale magnetic aerial surveying, (the flying dildo towed behind the plane), and the Lake Torrent area showed lots of good stuff.

The recent handout of options on a 1 for 2 basis was a nice extra, but I think it was also to encourage existing holders of options that expired last month (from memory) to exercise them. They options have roughly doubled in price in the last 10 days or so, so 'whoever' bought 200000 for 3.8cents has done well for the week ;)

There was talk recently of a joint venture and the noises were of a positive nature, but nothing has come of that yet. Nothing seems to happen too quickly with CRJ

I like the company and am happy to wait for some news.

Skol
16-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks rev, bought in yesterday at .215, we'll see how it goes.

Skol
17-10-2007, 01:05 PM
A bit more on Copper Range:

http://bulletin.9msn.com.au/article.aspx?id=306181

rev
17-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Good article. That's a nice wee portfolio of stocks they hold.

Skol
18-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Up 14% yesterday on biggest volume for more than 12 months.

bwana
26-08-2008, 06:08 AM
nearly a yr on and we've done our dough ! !

Skol
26-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I haven't completely given up on it.
Not many out there have made any money for the last few months. CRJ is still held by The Speculator on nine msn in Oz.

drillfix
26-08-2008, 03:42 PM
nearly a yr on and we've done our dough ! !

Bwana, is that you (from HC)??

How are you mate and long time no see, welcome to Sharetrader ;)

steve fleming
25-01-2011, 09:46 PM
A heads up that the AVB boys and their mates have recently really taken control of CRJ.

AVB management and big backers all heavily supported the obligatory cheap December rights/options entitlement issue. (eg AVB MD Tony Polglasse / AVB Director Matthew Wood / ex AVB Director Tim Flavell/ AVB backer Celtic Capital – Jason Peterson all loaded up)

Not surprisingly, AVB’s broker CPS underwrote the RI.

AVB chairman Matthew Wood is CRJ chairman, ex AVB Director Tim Flavell is also a director of CRJ.

In addition to their Australian assets, CRJ are looking at new acquisitions in Brazil of quality iron ore tenements – thus the AVB connection.

Like AVBOB, CRJ have just issued long-dated 31 Dec 2012 1.5c options CRJO.

Market cap is approx $12m, which includes $3.5m cash.

CRJO look like a bit of a no-brainer to me - just a matter of time!

trackers
27-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm in, cheers Steve... Had to pay a bit of a premium but will be worth it in long run I suspect... Bottom draw for now though

buns
27-01-2011, 02:14 PM
You were the one who couldn't wait in line at 14c huh.

I'm now set as well, took my final wee stab today. After watching the AVB story pass by, I couldn't pass this up..

trackers
27-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Haha yeah buns I love to bottom feed but not this time. In relation to AVB, I jumped on the right trains in 2010 but in every case got off several stops too early... Hopefully that will change in 2011.

Also, I'm bullish on commodities but I hold way too many gold miners so this is a good chance to jump into (more) Copper/Iron/Phosphate/Manganese etc.... Really like Phosphate but remains to be seen whether they'll find any

Xerof
27-01-2011, 03:01 PM
As the well known parable goes, the young bulls leapt the fence and had a few....

The old bulls are ruminating on the other side waiting to quietly do the lot.....

I see some new support at .013.......

don't leave w/out me boys....

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 03:09 PM
As the well known parable goes, the young bulls leapt the fence and had a few....

The old bulls are ruminating on the other side waiting to quietly do the lot.....

I see some new support at .013.......

don't leave w/out me boys....

i thought id be tricky and have buy in for a million at 1.1. looks like i lost. not jumping to catch this train. see you fellows. toot toot to ya

percy
27-01-2011, 04:12 PM
i thought id be tricky and have buy in for a million at 1.1. looks like i lost. not jumping to catch this train. see you fellows. toot toot to ya

I am still sitting on the platform ,at 1.4cents,but looks as though the train has left the station without me.!! ER get back to HC and NDL and out guess me on the option price.

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I am still sitting on the platform ,at 1.4cents,but looks as though the train has left the station without me.!! ER get back to HC and NDL and out guess me on the option price.
rob is a buy today. gni looking like a walking duck. options at 7, heads at 13?:D

STRAT
27-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone here get any of the options at 1.3c today?

percy
27-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Luckily I waited at the station,as I got aboard the CRJ express at 2.6cents.

STRAT
27-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Looks to me like the only thing moving this one today is this thread :p

drillfix
27-01-2011, 05:57 PM
LOL Strat, I guess there could be a certain truth in that.

STRAT
27-01-2011, 06:00 PM
LOL Strat, I guess there could be a certain truth in that.Reckon I will give it a few days for Steves followers to get positioned and see what happens after that :lol:

Can you fellas let me know when you are done? :eek2:

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Reckon I will give it a few days for Steves followers to get positioned and see what happens after that :lol:

Can you fellas let me know when you are done? :eek2:

now i not overly clever, but i am laughing coz i thought the same thing. so priced in the buying today, the coming flatness in weeks, and the sell to move on when i put my 1.1. order in still, cld just as easily got to 3c. either way, good fun and good luck homos

STRAT
27-01-2011, 06:12 PM
now i not overly clever, but i am laughing coz i thought the same thing. so priced in the buying today, the coming flatness in weeks, and the sell to move on when i put my 1.1. order in still, cld just as easily got to 3c. either way, good fun and good luck homosDo I have this strait?:lol:

You are/were dating Percy and youre calling the rest of us Homos.:scared:

Have I got that right Roy?:ohmy:

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 06:15 PM
yes thats right. isnt homos friend in spanish?

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 06:16 PM
or is it faget?

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 06:17 PM
see skol was here in 2007

STRAT
27-01-2011, 06:24 PM
or is it faget?Let me help ya out Roy.:D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faget

evilroyrule
27-01-2011, 06:26 PM
et vous mr strat? touche!

steve fleming
27-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Reckon I will give it a few days for Steves followers to get positioned and see what happens after that :lol:

Only a few days Strat?:p

Sorry guys...didn't think the CRJOs would move so quickly....!!

STRAT
28-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Only a few days Strat?:p

Sorry guys...didn't think the CRJOs would move so quickly....!!Hi Steve.
To be fair and accurate perhaps I should have written

" I will wait for a few days to a week or so for Steves other followers to get positioned and see what happens after that" :p

STRAT
28-01-2011, 08:07 AM
et vous mr strat?
You might need to be a bit more specific Roy.
Id hate to admit to anything unnecessarily.:lol:

Xerof
31-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Righto, SF didn't leave any room for a retrace :D:D ..... this ol' bull had to lift a leg over the fence this morning - the action in the heads got me paying up at 016 for the oppies....I'm in.....

STRAT
31-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Righto, SF didn't leave any room for a retrace :D:D ..... this ol' bull had to lift a leg over the fence this morning - the action in the heads got me paying up at 016 for the oppies....I'm in.....Aaaaa huh.
A young bull parading as an old fella eh?

Xerof
01-02-2011, 09:29 AM
:p:p

nicely put Strat - I think the issue is the register is tight as a nuns......

cheers

Xerof

Entrep
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Really on the move now, I jumped on the bandwagon and got my fill of options on Friday

drillfix
01-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Your not wrong about that Xerof,

In fact those Nun Option holders just wont put out at all. Darn.

Saying that, by looking at the 5 and 15 min chart, looks like somebody will put out soon, so guess I will wait this out to see which nun wants to flirt a bit :P

STRAT
01-02-2011, 04:15 PM

cheers

XerofA bit of volume today.
Looks like the old bulls will remain bachelors. By the time we get over the fence all the cows will have moved to greener pastures with the young bulls :scared::cursing:

STRAT
09-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Hmm. Im the only old Bull left......

but it looks like the cows are coming back. hehe

Entrep
09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Still holding CRJO here too

drillfix
09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Hmm. Im the only old Bull left......

but it looks like the cows are coming back. hehe

I bailed from the fully paids in the 3+c zone, but stupidly held a few believing I was gonna add to it, and then dumped them at 2.8c as well.

Ahh well, easy come easy go.

Or the way I see it, other stocks are moving better than this one currently is so why punish yourself, unless you are in for the long haul.

STRAT
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I didnt buy any. Still lookin for an entry.

denpal
24-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Looking at CRJ, anyone here still believe in them? The chart doesn't look good so it's a matter of how good an acquisition can they pull off, given the quality of the board?

Entrep
24-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Heads up 20% yesterday on high volume, options still unloved. Still holding options.

STRAT
24-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Looking at CRJ, anyone here still believe in them? The chart doesn't look good so it's a matter of how good an acquisition can they pull off, given the quality of the board?
Hi Denpal.
I can see a few things to like in there.

trackers
24-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I hold a few oppies but they don't owe me anything due to a couple early successful trades

The Barrick leaving the Olympic Dam JV is really interesting (based solely off their impressions of EM's I suppose) - That could end up to be an epic win for CRJ (or not)... Least no more dragging the chain on that permit, they want to do a drill asap.

But yes, news on SA acquisitions will no doubt generate quite the pump one would imagine

drillfix
24-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey trackers,
You must have got into those options quite low to be free carried , or either that you sold out on a double up? :)

I used to hold the heads a while back but sold out when it started to drop and then scaled out of the trade which tallied in only a small loss.

I remember putting orders in for the options at 1.3 and 1.4c previously but never got filled and off they went. Think I may grab a few should any weakness present itself on the options this time round as I missed out the last time yet I concern myself with them not being liquid enough for me.

Hey Strat,

Some upward thrust seems to be doing as you show on the charts there, plus lets not forget, the daily chart looks set with a MACD signal line crossover on the negative bottom. Plus the Histogram has also just turned positive so will now keep an eye on the hourly chart to see what develops here as of this morning has not crossed above the 13ema which may consolidate for a while but eventually thrust up should some traders pick-up on this.

denpal
24-03-2011, 07:47 PM
hey drilly have you ever looked at VSA (volume spread analysis)?

http://www.tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf

Xerof
24-03-2011, 08:44 PM
news on SA acquisitions will no doubt generate quite the pump

Carajas region comes to mind.....picking up anything they can to dovetail AVB tenements?

drillfix
25-03-2011, 01:44 AM
hey drilly have you ever looked at VSA (volume spread analysis)?

http://www.tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf

Hi Denpal,

Yeah a while back I came across VSA (had read a bit) regarding that on another traders site called Big Mikes which I also am a member of. Its an excellent site and far superior to anything for learning far far above the likes of Hot copper and I highly recommend it for anybody that considers trading futures, CL, emini or any other commodity or future contract available world wide.

Had learned alot about price action there but as with everything, the real learning about price action is from doing doing doing and reducing your mistakes, though eventually your eyes and brain come into sync and you eventually start enabling it to become second nature. I find though you need to be doing it constantly or all the time to be a master trader though as a long break away I feel you need to do the hours, days or weeks to get your head back in sync.

Do I use VLA trading, not alot but I am aware of it and to be aware of it is very important.

For the benefit of others, here is the shorter condensed version interpretation of Volume spread analysis listed on Wikipedia.

VSA is the study of the market forces of supply and demand and the manipulation of those forces through the psychology of crowd behavior, through examining the relationship between the quantity of volume on a price bar, the spread of the price or range of the bar, and the closing price on the height of that bar. Studying these variables establishes the equilibrium of demand and supply as well as the likely near term direction of the market.

AnalysisVSA uses three components on the chart to determine the balance of supply and demand as well as the probable near term direction of the market. These components are the amount of volume affecting the price, the price spread or range of the price (not the bid/ask spread), and where price closes. VSA analyses volume and what the price did as a result and relative to the preceding bars on a chart.

How about you denpal, is this part of your trading day most days or only used as awareness checks?

You can see the volumes with (with most stocks) being rigged as in superficial buys or sells to try to control the direction of the stock through perception, meaning, you could add a 5,000,000 buy order in the just below the support line to pump up the volume if the total sell volume is 2,200,000 million shares which your order alone is over double and then add anybody else that bids and you will triple the volume. Many times have we all saw a seller or buy completely vanishing from positions in stock moves, of say if a stock is starting to rally after a great announcement, you can see the PROP orders come in to play as well as the sell orders once the stock has started and made its gains from the rally this then moves in reverse driving price back down as you know.

Anyway, good point there and makes for good discussion,

cheers.

drillfix
25-03-2011, 02:04 AM
I have nearly forgot which stock I was posting in there after my last post and realise I came here to post a chart on CRJ :P lol

Ok CRJ daily an weekly >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/hpjb8wxiv9p1jv7ou4.png

Daily
MACD shows a nice bottom signal line crossed over & MACD Histogram now turning postive after today (very positive)

Williams %R heading upwards currently at -25 but should move into oversold territory on a positive day to overbought at -20 which is can stay there for days at a time depending on what's cooking fundamentally as well as technically. (positive)

Price closed at 2.5c and sitting above the 200, 90 and 30 day EMA's accordingly, it looks like a bounce upward off this 30 day EMA line or middle Bollinger Band area which could see a potential test of the upper BB. (positive)

RSI has risen higher to just above the centre 50 line (positive)

OBV moving sideways but not falling (neutral)

Weekly

What can you say about the weekly chart of this company?

Price has trade between 1.5c and 4.1c for the past couple of years, the MACD has been a flat liner for the best part of those years as well but has risen up over the past 3 years on the weekly to become positive and slightly negative back and forth. (neutral)

Williams %R is moving upward to towards testing the mid line. (positive)

RSI weekly has risen above the centre line and sits over 50.8 (positive)

OBV like on the daily lower from a previous point but only moving sideways not downward (neutral).

Conclusion

This stock appears to be yet another HC Traders and Rampers stock (more so traders though) with lots of promises yet could eventuate with fundamental change which has yet to be delievered of or remains to be seen or heard as yet so in the meantime the stock Range Trades between the previous 1.5c to 4.1c levels.

Target short term towards the 90 Day EMA at 3.4c

I had previously bought and sold this stock on the last little rally or run, but also sold out after a short period realising that if a stock is not going to continue upwards then it will fall back and test the previous ranges, hence the commentary above. So remember, if its not going to continue up, its going to test the previous supports or base lows.

Should the news or developments come from this so called management team then a breakout to the 200ema would be a 1st target approximately hanging around 8c would be on the cards, depending on what actual projects or news comes, but take each day for what it is and where the current ranges are to trade them should you choose, and if your luck to be onboard should news does come then good stuff.

Disc.
Holding small parcel of options only

Cheers`!

drillfix
01-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I have nearly forgot which stock I was posting in there after my last post and realise I came here to post a chart on CRJ :P lol

Ok CRJ daily an weekly >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/hpjb8wxiv9p1jv7ou4.png

What a load of Bollocks that turned out to be.

Ahh well, such as life ehhhh~!

STRAT
15-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Theres a smell of news in the air today?

trackers
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I hold a few oppies but they don't owe me anything due to a couple early successful trades

The Barrick leaving the Olympic Dam JV is really interesting (based solely off their impressions of EM's I suppose) - That could end up to be an epic win for CRJ (or not)... Least no more dragging the chain on that permit, they want to do a drill asap.

But yes, news on SA acquisitions will no doubt generate quite the pump one would imagine

HC cheer squad pumping this big time... And I'm gone.

Trying to stay away from the speccies - probably to my short-term financial detriment, but not if sh*t hits the fan again....

STRAT
07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
HC cheer squad pumping this big time... And I'm gone.

Trying to stay away from the speccies - probably to my short-term financial detriment, but not if sh*t hits the fan again....Its just starting to get interesting. Trackers.

I posted this one on the Breakouts thread a few days ago and so far its done everything Id hoped for.

STRAT
14-07-2011, 12:54 PM
This could be it eh? fellas. Trading Halt pending an ann

trackers
14-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Yep, looks the goods Strat. :crying:

When they announced they were venturing into E.Africa market didn't give a toss, now they're flavor of the month. Strange times. Good luck though, watching keenly

STRAT
25-07-2011, 04:31 PM
And still the little girl waits http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/shake.gif

Come on fellas. Out with it already

evilroyrule
25-07-2011, 04:43 PM
And still the little girl waits http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/shake.gif

Come on fellas. Out with it already

not holding but watching. will it be good or bad. any clues?

i remember that add.:D
possibly not correct to post a happy face about add re starving children. sorry

roniirani
25-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The chat on HC is that it wont be till later this week.

STRAT
25-07-2011, 04:50 PM
not holding but watching. will it be good or bad. any clues?

possibly not correct to post a happy face about add re starving children. sorryIm expecting something good based on the chart and goss. Roy. but its half guess work until.............

I expect this copper miner to become an oil explorer :lol:

STRAT
27-07-2011, 07:36 AM
possibly not correct to post a happy face about add re starving children. sorrySeems to me she waited for about 10 years without aging a single day.

soulman
28-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Strat, CRJ back in action yesterday. Just noticed it. I got away from this mess (how, how lucky) when last sold at 3.6 on the 11/07. Now at 1.8 and maybe another cap raising to come.

Another stock in deep, deep suspension is CDU. Yet to come out yet.

STRAT
28-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Strat, CRJ back in action yesterday. Just noticed it. I got away from this mess (how, how lucky) when last sold at 3.6 on the 11/07. Now at 1.8 and maybe another cap raising to come.

Another stock in deep, deep suspension is CDU. Yet to come out yet.Bummer eh?
Took long enough too. Im not all that surprised though. No news for that long usually becomes bad news.

STRAT
03-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Pressure building under this one again over the last month.

Looking for a close above 3.2

STRAT
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Somethings up......................

Options have caught up today too.

Holding both.

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Somethings up......................

Options have caught up today too.

Holding both.

Nicely played Strat.

I got out of CRJO too early.

Its building nicely - looks like there is more upside to come.

STRAT
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Nicely played Strat.

I got out of CRJO too early.

Its building nicely - looks like there is more upside to come.Hi Steve.
Put a heads up in the breakout thread a wee while ago. Should have put it in here. Early days still.

The options were nice and cheap a month ago :D

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Steve.
Put a heads up in the breakout thread a wee while ago. Should have put it in here. Early days still.

The options were nice and cheap a month ago :D

Yeah , my lack of TA skills lets me down here.

I was looking at cash on hand declining, versus market cap and made the call to sell.

But there is definitely something at play here that is not reflected in the FA.

STRAT
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Steve,
You still have some heads?
You arent usually around this time of day. Workload lightened up?:)
Heres a little pic.

STRAT
03-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah , my lack of TA skills lets me down here.

.Maybe but wihout you sharing what you do so well Id never have noticed this one in the first place so thanks for that.

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
thanks Strat - no out of CRJ completly at the moment, unfortunately.

Am actaully on paternity leave.

So have a chance to look at the markets, in between dealing with a crying baby and an out of control toddler!

STRAT
03-04-2012, 06:03 PM
thanks Strat - no out of CRJ completly at the moment, unfortunately.

Am actaully on paternity leave.

So have a chance to look at the markets, in between dealing with a crying baby and an out of control toddler!Who says men cant multi task. eh?
Nice buy in NDL. So we can blame you for giving the SP another kicking:p

Mind you it was me who brought TEO down to 1.7. That took months lol.

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Who says men cant multi task. eh?
Nice buy in NDL. So we can blame you for giving the SP another kicking:p

Mind you it was me who brought TEO down to 1.7. That took months lol.

Its a struggle, The baby threw up on the computer which interrupted things for a while!

I actually have an order in at 1.7 for TEO, it has been there for months too - acquired 12k the other week, but that has been all I have managed!

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Bit off topic, but just on TEO, not many people would know this but TEO has the following:

Director - Dr Doug McTaggart, heads up Queensland IC – a massive investment organisation - $70b FUM
Queensland IC with 50% is the major shareholder
Boris Lieberman, prominent Melbourne businessman is the second largest shareholder (12%).

It is a very powerfully connected shell – its bizarre how come it’s taken so long to find something, but when it does it should be good.

STRAT
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for that Steve.
Will put a bid tomorrow at 1.8c :eek2:

steve fleming
03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for that Steve.
Will put a bid tomorrow at 1.8c :eek2:

Strat!!!!

I have been waiting for seriously ages at 1.7! :(

....its OK, i guess i can wait for a few more months, nothing has happened with TEO for years :p

STRAT
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/msn6/www.MessenTools.com-MSN6-verguenza.gif..................................... .........http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/images/smilies/party-smiley-004.gif

STRAT
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Trading halt pending an announcement regarding a significant acquisition less that two weeks after a "we know nuttin" response to a speeding ticket :D

Hope its a goodin.

STRAT
23-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I like the look of this right now. Looking like its heading for a Breakout in spite of a bit of dumping earlier in the month.

STRAT
23-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Matthew Wood buying on market. Thats gotta be a good thing.

Xerof
25-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Gee whizz, lots of theories going around on this one lately - rallied before the Madagaskar oil announcement, then sold off on that fact, but only from the insiders profit-taking, then there's more stories of Majors sniffing around for tenements in their SA area, and now someone is speculating they are sitting on a pile of Uranium...

Woods topping up at the recent highs is encouraging (I topped up on CRJO's at 0.005 just before christmas, only to see them go to 0.003,..... but happy now)

Flemo, c'mon, get us the real oil please mate - HC thread is too dodgy for me :p

STRAT
28-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I see the Directors have been converting a few CRJO.

Hmmmmm

percy
29-09-2012, 08:40 AM
I see the Directors have been converting a few CRJO.

Hmmmmm

Yes, Hmmmmm!