PDA

View Full Version : AZS - Azure Minerals

Hoags
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Evening All,

I bought this one before the correction earlier this year, I have since doubled my position, dear I say it "averaging down".

Anyway Azure is an explorer and developer of precious and base metal projects focusing on Mexico. Market cap is A$26 million @ 0.20 cps they have A$3 million in the bank. 6 x 100% owned project and 13 x JVs.

SP looked strong today, opened up 0.75 cents with larger volume for this stock. The chart will look better with a break above 0.20 tomorrow being very positive IMO. This came before an ann on increased molybdenum grades at their Pozo de Nacho project in Mexico grades have increased by an average 29% following re-analysis of drill intercepts.

They have a number of exciting projects which should be coming to fruition in the next year or so.

Good web site, including some investor presentations: http://www.azureminerals.com.au/

As always please DYOR, as with any mining exploration company, speculative at best. This does not constitute investment advice.

Price when posted 0.20. Disclosure: I hold.

Hoags
20-11-2007, 05:07 PM
AZS announcement today:

AZURE STAKES EL CARNERO PROJECT IN SONORA, MEXICO
HIGH GRADE ASSAYS RETURNED FROM EARLY SAMPLING

http://www.azureminerals.com.au/reports/ElCarneroNov07.pdf

Price up 14% volume of almost 7 million which is huge for this stock.

One to watch.

DYOR

Hoags
20-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes this one was sold down hard last week, support looked strong at around 14 cents. The price action on Thursday and Friday was interesting following the Exploration Update which was released on Wednesday.

It traded in a relatively wide band and finished up nicely on good volume on Friday (on a very red ASX day!). There are a few things on the horizon including a TSX listing for which an application has already been lodged.

The Exploration Update had nothing on El Carnero so I would not be surprised to see an ann on this in the near future. Good initial grades were ann in November.

All announcements here.
http://www.azureminerals.com.au/!reports-asx.shtml

SS,
I would have been happy with an entry at 14 my average is about 19.5 so sitting on a bit of a loss ATM. If I had some more cash I would have got some more but I am currently fully invested and feel comfortable holding given the potential.

Hoags
27-01-2008, 10:20 PM
You still on this one SS? Looked very good on the bounce late last week. There was also a bit on them in this months Smart Investor Magazine for those who read it.

gisborne_gold
15-05-2008, 12:13 PM
AZS jumped 4c today, up 25% and up 70% in the last month. Any ideas what's going on?

Hoags
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
AZS up 22% today was up 30% at one point. Unfortunately I sold mine for quite a loss a while back for about 12 cents. It subsequently bottomed at 10 and has been in a nice uptrend for the last two months. I am expecting some drilling results but am a bit reluctant to jump back in at these levels (closed at 22). Volume today was almost 4m which is quite a lot for this stock. Chuck it on your watch list team, I will be looking to re-enter at the right level.

troyvdh
19-02-2013, 12:34 PM
WOW....on 30m volumn to boot...

....oopps meant to say 58m

airedale
19-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Troy, 116 million today. Still going north. As you can see this thread is over 5 years old and the SP has been here before. Watch for the volatility.

Huang Chung
20-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Must admit, I couldn't resist having a go after that reported copper/gold hit.

troyvdh
02-04-2013, 06:15 PM
...down to 5 +...just.....however given a lot sold at around 6 cents.....there were also buyers....in huge volumes......what will they do......cheers...

bought 20000 at 4.4....for fun...

airedale
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Troy, I mentioned volatility before and these mining stocks have it in spades [pun]. I wasn't nimble enough to get out at 9 cents so I am now a long ? term holder.

airedale
24-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Trading Halt for AZS today while they wait to release "material drill results".

troyvdh
24-06-2013, 08:30 PM
whats your gut feeling Airedale.....am I correct in thinking that generally speaking a trading halt heralds something positive......cheers

airedale
25-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Troy, "something positive" not always. TTE went in to a trading halt some weeks ago and the SP slid away afterwards. Also if it announces a capital raising the market won't like that. But "material drill results" sounds encouraging.

airedale
18-08-2014, 02:08 PM
AZS and RIO have announced a JV to explore for copper.
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AZS&E=ASX&N=688041.
So that gives the SP for AZS a good nudge today.

Bobcat.
18-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Yes, looking to surf this onward and upward. Rio will own 80% of the jv, with Azure getting paid handsomely, as well as the right to keep exploring for more.

Holding for now.

airedale
19-09-2014, 09:17 AM
This is the last day to take up the rights issue: 1 for 6 at 3 cents. I was going to take it up but have just bought on market at 2.8 cents. Now that Rio are involved I think that it is a one way {up} bet.

Bobcat.
19-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I got a phone call yesterday from someone promoting the rights issue on behalf of Azure, asking if I was going to top up. When I asked why they thought I should be pay 3cps to the company instead of 2.8cps on market, he said "because the company would be getting my money, and not some seller". I wasn't convinced that it was reason enough to pay the extra 8%.

NZSilver
19-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I got a phone call yesterday from someone promoting the rights issue on behalf of Azure, asking if I was going to top up. When I asked why they thought I should be pay 3cps to the company instead of 2.8cps on market, he said "because the company would be getting my money, and not some seller". I wasn't convinced that it was reason enough to pay the extra 8%.

haha i like that!

airedale
16-10-2015, 03:30 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AZS&E=ASX&N=737543

AZS reporting another silver find. It has been a long time between posts on this one but it could be a runner at last.

airedale
21-10-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AZS&E=ASX&N=738142

And now gold as well. With the recent strength in POG that should put a wedge under the SP.