PDA

View Full Version : Uxc

Awamoa
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Any ideas why this stock is falling over recent days.
From what I can see all their news has been positve.Plenty of new contracts in recent months, many with Govt agencies,improved profits,high dividend yields but price keeps falling.

stephen
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Any ideas why this stock is falling over recent days.
From what I can see all their news has been positve.Plenty of new contracts in recent months, many with Govt agencies,improved profits,high dividend yields but price keeps falling.

Nope. I hold and this is of concern to me also. Perhaps a call to the office is called for.

STRAT
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Dont know this company but here are a few leads fellas

http://business.theage.com.au/everyones-happy-thanks-to-the-good-lord/20071122-1c8r.html

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=582566&msgno=2342375#2342375

tommy
16-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Good news! I'm back in....

UXC Extends its Carbon Credentials

UXC Limited is pleased to announce that its wholly owned business unit Fieldforce Services has been accredited by the Australian Greenhouse Office to create certified carbon credits as part of the Federal Governments Greenhouse FriendlyTM Scheme. This accreditation reaffirms Fieldforce’s credentials as the leader in the carbon market. Fieldforce have two
other accredited programs under the NSW Greenhouse Gas Abatement Scheme (GGAS) with three current forward sale contracts for carbon credits.

Under both the Greenhouse FriendlyTM and GGAS schemes, Fieldforce creates the carbon credits through energy efficiency programs which reduce energy consumption and carbon
emissions for residential and commercial properties. The Greenhouse FriendlyTM accreditation will allow Fieldforce to expand its energy efficiency programs nationally with the first set to be launched in Queensland within the next two weeks.

Fieldforce is the leading supplier of energy efficiency, water conservation and carbon offset programs in Australia. To date Fieldforce programs have reduced greenhouse gas emissions
by almost 1 million tonnes per annum and reduced water consumption by approximately 20 billion litres of water per annum. Along with the new accreditation, Fieldforce is able to
create life cycle reductions in carbon emissions of over 30 million tonnes.
Fieldforce’s Managing Director Craig Bathie said “The Greenhouse FriendlyTM accreditation will allow Fieldforce to create and provide carbon credits, meeting the ever increasing
demand for them and in the process create hundreds of new jobs throughout Australia.”

UXC Executive Chairman Geoff Lord commented that “This accreditation reinforces UXC’s position in the environmental sector, further growing our presence in energy saving, water
conservation and other environmental services, reinforcing our position as the market leader. Whilst there is still a lot of work to be done in securing the sales of the carbon credits in order to maximise the opportunity by achieving the accredited volumes, we are well positioned to move forward as the Government and private sector continue to focus on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and Australia’s footprint on the environment. We are well advanced in discussions with several blue chip companies for the sale of substantial volumes of carbon credits. We are excited about the opportunity provided by this accreditation to expand our programs nationally for the first time.”

Snow Leopard
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
UXC has been been strong for the last week and has risen 14% today in a late orgy of buying.

Now I really regret not buying it (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showpost.php?p=183098&postcount=1680) :)

Awamoa
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Check yesterdays announcement.They have purchased Getronics an IT company.
It will lift revenues from around $500m to over $700m.
They also pick up 525 IT staff.
This company impresses me although the recent share price has hurt.

tommy
28-02-2008, 04:33 PM
http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/4fb6e763dedd8a8e99782a616f62f325/ASX-UXC-293671.pdf

UXC announces NPAT up 30%, EPS up 20% and FF 4.25c dividend

Not bad eh, but the share price gets punished yet again... no one likes IT sector at the moment :-(

stephen
28-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Check the statement of cashflows, Tommy. That revenue isn't money in the bank.

Still holding UXC for the moment.

tommy
28-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Check the statement of cashflows, Tommy. That revenue isn't money in the bank.

Still holding UXC for the moment.

Dude, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT... hadn't read through the entire statement yet, thanx for pointing that very important piece of info out.

Awamoa
04-03-2008, 07:30 PM
The share price contiues to get hammered for no apparent reason.All announcements continue to be positive and the market appears to hate this stock.
I must admit I have been caught without a stop-loss here.
Is it up or down from here?

soulman
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I must say I am pretty dissapointed and got caught up in this as well. 2 days fall of significant proportion.

That operating cash flow was addressed by Geoff Lord, saying that it is unacceptable. Looking back to previous UXC results, second half is usually stronger due to seasonal impact. Also, operating cash flow usually positive.

Hopefully,we will get the briefing from the CEO soon about this negative CF.

soulman
26-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I must say I am pretty dissapointed and got caught up in this as well. 2 days fall of significant proportion.

That operating cash flow was addressed by Geoff Lord, saying that it is unacceptable. Looking back to previous UXC results, second half is usually stronger due to seasonal impact. Also, operating cash flow usually positive.

Hopefully,we will get the briefing from the CEO soon about this negative CF.

Well, the briefing out late today. UXC fallin like a freight train still.

Is there any end to this? UXC potentially yielding at 10% FF at current prices except for the usually caveat of UXC not lying about their financial position.

Any comment?

soulman
16-05-2008, 05:59 PM
The rise of the past 2 days including today. Is it because people know ANZ is a substantial holder or do they know ANZ is a substantial holder because of Opes Prime?

Regardless, I got out some today and still hold a bit. When UXC haven't bought any shares on-market, I was a bit sceptical.

Awamoa
12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
6 months ago this was close to being the best performing stock I have ever held.So far the share price has halved this year and there has been no announcements to spook its shareholders.
Can anyone shed any light or have I missed something.

Phaedrus
25-01-2011, 09:50 AM
UXC has been in a trading range for nearly a year, but until it breaks above that August high, technically it remains in a long-term downtrend.

Have you have observed anything of significance here, MoSteph? Well, yes you have, in that UXC has risen sharply on markedly increased volume. Obviously this is Bullish, but if we look carefully at the chart we can see plenty of other equally Bullish outbreaks each marked by a smiley face. So far, no breakout has come from any of these situations.

The 3 long-term oscillators at the top of the chart enable us to compare the relative strength of all these separate occurrences. They tell us that, technically, this situation is no better than any of those that came before it. So, is this latest move just another smiley face in a row of smiley faces? Not quite. See how the OBV has broken above its long-term trendline. Sure there have been previous trendline breaks, but these have been of unconfirmed trendlines. Similarly, note the recent price trendline break (large dark green arrow). Again, any previous trendline breaks were from unconfirmed trendlines (dotted lines). See how price action has broken above a 200 day SMA. In short, this one looks better than any of the others.

We don't want you getting over-excited here MoSteph, so let's stand back a bit and look at the big picture. UXC is still rangebound. The OBV has not yet broken above that previous 5000 peak. No long-term oscillator has indicated that this "show of strength" is any better than all those that went before. Yet.

Nevertheless there are in fact quite a few ducks in a row here, it's just that they haven't laid any eggs. Yet.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/UXC125.gif

Phaedrus
09-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't get overexcited, though perhaps I should have.No, no, MoSteph, you did well to curb your emotions! There is no call for any unseemly excitement, enthusiasm or exuberance here. Remember that we are old Bulls. We walk. All you had to do was monitor the indicators as already set up. Multiple confirmatory Buy signals started firing 12 days ago, triggering at the following levels :-

RVI 50 cents
OBV trendline break 51 cents
Price Trendline break 54 cents
OBV new high (>5000) 56 cents
RSI 56 cents
RMI 57 cents.

We will make a cold, hard, efficient, money-making machine out of you yet!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/UXC29.gif

Lizard
27-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Great little turnaround result out from UXC this morning. They've already been on the move past few months, but seems likely this turnaround has plenty in it and 2.5cps final div to boot on current 76cps share price. Worth considering.

Awamoa
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Great little turnaround result out from UXC this morning. They've already been on the move past few months, but seems likely this turnaround has plenty in it and 2.5cps final div to boot on current 76cps share price. Worth considering.

The market is waking up to this years profit announcement.Up to 88cents today.

soulman
07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
The market is waking up to this years profit announcement.Up to 88cents today.

I woke up to it when I saw the profit result on the 27th and bought at 76.5, then I saw sellers moved in and sold at 74. Another lessons in the bag for me.

PS: I should not be making these rookie mistakes anymore but we are human.....

Awamoa
27-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Looks as if it might finish on $1.00 today.It has really started moving since the new CEO took over and got rid of the non performing bits.

soulman
27-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Looks as if it might finish on $1.00 today.It has really started moving since the new CEO took over and got rid of the non performing bits.

Well Done Awamoa. Chart looks good.

Huang Chung
30-11-2013, 01:22 AM
14 months since the last post, and I bought in today at $1.00, the same price as mentioned above.

Got a nice little boost today from an acquisition made in the cloud computing space. Morgans have also indicated that they think it's time to start getting back into selected IT stocks that have been out of favour for some time....UXC being one of them.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=UXC&E=ASX&N=399012

Huang Chung
04-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Seems to be coming back into favour.

Now $1.12.

False Profit
20-12-2013, 02:37 PM
hit 90c earlier.....now recovered at 95c..ouch

Huang Chung
21-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Yeah.

Hasty left hook from UXC.

Also copped an upper-cut from DTL.

A little punch drunk now....

noodles
30-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Is anybody following this?
UXC starting to look a bit healthier now. I liked their announcement and the share price may have bottomed out.
Would be interested if anybody has any insight to their earnings going forward.
Based on 2 times 2H14, looks like they are trading on a FY15 pe of just over 10.
All their peers also seem to have bottomed out on the charts. Time to reenter the sector?

noodles
01-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Interesting history this stock, from a TA perspective. I talk quite a bit about the 200 day MA and being able to tell the difference between a "fakeout" and a breakout. The chart above provided by Phaedrus that looked like it provided an entry point using momentum indicators, turned out to be a false alarm (a fakeout) and was quite apparent if you looked at the 200 day MA (which provided TOTAL resistance to any price move). UXC didnt "breakout" until August 2012.

Where is it now? Nowhere near that 200 day MA resistance. Its only just cracked the 50 day MA). So beware a stock with a long history of "fakeouts".

Well the gap on your chart pretty much closed today and your warning of a fakeout proved to be the case. I decided to take advantage of the pull back and buy. I'm reasonably confident that the low of .68 will not be breached again.

I expect further clarification of FY15 earnings when they report. That clarity should hopefully provide the trigger for next high on the chart.

noodles
02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I sold my UXC after what I considered poor guidance at the AGM.

Still, not a bad short term return