PDA

View Full Version : Junior oilers

AMR
26-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Lately I have been bullish about oil, and I believe that the second half of next year will provide good buying opportunities into these junior oilers. I'm looking basically for NZO clones over on the ASX or even the NYSE. Oilers that are on the verge of production or have already started producing and have low forward looking PEs. I only know of a few at the moment, and they are all displaying topping patterns. Any suggestions?

bermuda
26-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Lately I have been bullish about oil, and I believe that the second half of next year will provide good buying opportunities into these junior oilers. I'm looking basically for NZO clones over on the ASX or even the NYSE. Oilers that are on the verge of production or have already started producing and have low forward looking PEs. I only know of a few at the moment, and they are all displaying topping patterns. Any suggestions?

Next weeks AUST FINANCIAL REVIEW will have a special section on hot oil and gas stocks.

Watch out for
VPE
BOW
TEX
PES
SPX
NZO to name only a few

macduffy
26-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure about " low forward looking P/E's" but I have small stakes in :

AOE
BOW
NWE
AWE
CUE

and am looking hard at VPE.

ELYOB
27-12-2007, 02:15 AM
we could be off and running early jan08 with a few junior oilers ....

esp... ETE , watch this one , it will just up and away during Jan/ feb. [ This has been held down and something is going on IMHO { hearing things}]

like BAS MOG STX over next 3 months .

Hold ETE BAS

dyor

shasta
27-12-2007, 12:15 PM

I hold OEL which is well worth a look, & they have JV's with IPM & NDO.

PSA & AMU are very cheap & i have held them also.

kura
27-12-2007, 02:06 PM
My Oil & gas holdings are ARQ, ROC, EXR, OEL
The first two are long term holds, whereas the last two are more of a "speculative punt"
Also intend to add some NXS to the long term portfolio sometime.

Tok3n
27-12-2007, 02:13 PM
NXS - Booked drills, tasty assets, pretty under-valued.
HZN - producer next year, currently drilling a largish target.
PRE - Gold and Oil :)
CTP - One day, they will drill something lol.

Crypto Crude
28-12-2007, 03:32 PM
TDO
KTE
BUR
CUE
:cool:
.^sc

STRAT
28-12-2007, 03:39 PM
TDO
KTE
BUR
CUE
:cool:
.^scBUR is looking very cheap Shrewdy. I guess the big question is when will it turn?

Soon I recon

Serpie
28-12-2007, 06:41 PM
BUR keeps getting cheaper Strat/SC.
15c is yet to be broken, but it's getting close again.
All BUR followers are mystified as to why the market won't acknowledge it. Nice to see it popping up on a few lists for te 2008 comp.

ELYOB
29-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Dont be surprise to wake up one day to find some junior oilers revised downwards in price . This check in the pumped-up prices has got to come , and denial is going to be fatal for one's bank a/c .

Logic is in 2007 midcap producers were punnished with any mistake in any quarterly , whereas reserve only explorer(s) were price driven in the multiples . It should have been the other way round with oil near 90-100$bblo....

NXS is one that is way over-priced, whereas ARQ is priced fairly for example .

dyot

AMR
29-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi Elyob, please explain to me why NXS is overpriced. They'll be on a P/E of 2.8 in 2011 according to the Shaw brokerage report...

Tok3n
30-12-2007, 01:27 PM
NXS has much bigger reserves then ARQ

ARQ does look cheap'ish at the levels though, maybe time for a bounce despite all the bad luck they've had recently.

roget
30-12-2007, 05:04 PM
A high risk very high reward pick of mine is COI. COI has some good areas and a low market cap. COI also has very little money. Still I'm long!

AMR
30-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm running a comparison between BPT and NXS. Does anyone have a broker report for BPT?

Tok3n
31-12-2007, 01:58 PM
BPT is a producer at the moment, I think both NXS and BPT are good bets for next year.

Maybe some corporate action for both around the corner.

HZN options up 60%+ so far today, nice end to the new year.

Steve
01-01-2008, 06:00 PM
What are the best sources for researching these companies?

Hommel
02-01-2008, 05:51 AM
My two picks, which I have held and been adding to over the last year, are BPT and HZN.

AMR
03-01-2008, 10:37 PM
What are the best sources for researching these companies?

I would dearly love more sources to rely upon. Right now all I have are the company websites and the broker reports they post on it. Anyone like to share?

Steve
03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Sort of like, not followed by the brokers until they hit pay-dirt...

shasta
03-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Sort of like, not followed by the brokers until they hit pay-dirt...

Steve

Can i introduce you to the Sharetrader oil "experts"

Bermuda
Oiler
Coaster
Digger
Blockhead
Shrewd Crude
Mattyroo

I respect the views of these posters on all things oil & gas, they know what they are talking about :cool:

STRAT
04-01-2008, 01:16 AM
And at least two of them are fair dinkum nice fellas too.;)

shasta
04-01-2008, 01:18 AM

Having met Oiler, Shrewd & Mattyroo - i am suitably impressed with there industry knowledge on oil & gas companies...

Shrewd got me into NWE at 18c, god bless him :D

Oiler
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM

:D Strat....So the big question is "which one isn't the nice fella"

Shasta thanks for the compliment. Remember I said it last year "gold and black gold" for 2008. :)

STRAT
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
:D Strat....So the big question is "which one isn't the nice fella"

Shasta thanks for the compliment. Remember I said it last year "gold and black gold" for 2008. :)I couldnt possibly say as Ive only met two of you.;) The rest might be just as nice for all I know :D

Financially dependant
23-04-2008, 10:17 AM
"This week's issue is attached.

With the price of oil making weekly record highs and interest returning to the sector we would be quite happy for subscribers to distribute this week's issue of the OGW to friends, brokers, clients, oil company execs, fund mangers etc... anybody whom you think might be interested in subscribing.

We would like to expand the current customer base of some 300 but can't really afford to take out ads in the AFR or other journals. So any help subscribers can give us would be most welcome.

There are exciting times ahead for investors in oil and gas. You only have to listen to this weeks Big Picture coverage of the world oil situation from www.financialsense.com to appreciate the energy crisis that lies ahead. It makes very compelling listening".

Balanced view on Coal Seam Gas (I am more bullish) in report! Worth a listen to pod cast.

F.D.

Dr_Who
23-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey FD, I will subscribe. Thanks. :)

trackers
23-04-2008, 10:59 AM

With the price of oil making weekly record highs and interest returning to the sector we would be quite happy for subscribers to distribute this week's issue of the OGW to friends, brokers, clients, oil company execs, fund mangers etc... anybody whom you think might be interested in subscribing.

We would like to expand the current customer base of some 300 but can't really afford to take out ads in the AFR or other journals. So any help subscribers can give us would be most welcome.

There are exciting times ahead for investors in oil and gas. You only have to listen to this weeks Big Picture coverage of the world oil situation from www.financialsense.com (http://www.financialsense.com) to appreciate the energy crisis that lies ahead. It makes very compelling listening".

Balanced view on Coal Seam Gas (I am more bullish) in report! Worth a listen to pod cast.

F.D.

Thanks for that, very interesting... Glad CSG gets a good mention, I've just acquired some BOW.

In the report I noticed this:

Our Quest to Make a Million Dollars
Our goal is to take a specific sum of money and double it a number of times
to make a $1million before tax. $10,000 doubled eight times will do it. A
$20,000 initial investment needs to be doubled seven times, a $40,000
investment six times.
We have three Portfolios in the program, one at each entry level.
Our initial Portfolio A investment was 150,000 New Zealand Oil & Gas
Options (NZOO) purchased at 7 cents. We bought a further 200,000 NZOO at
4.4 cents when the market bombed adding 200,000 options and an additional
$8,800 to our original investment to bring our initial outlay to $19,300. This
is not a portfolio for the faint hearted!
NZOO traded as high as 6.6 cents this past week before closing at 5.8 cents.
We sold 100,000 of our 350,000 at 6.2 cents as we said we would last week.
So we now have $6,200 in cash in the portfolio and 250,000 options with a
value of $14,500 cents bringing our total investment to $20,700. So we are
just keeping our nose in front.
Our Portfolio B investment was 500,000 Pancontinental shares (PCL) at 4.2
for an original stake of $21,000. PCL shares closed at 3.7 cents on Friday
making our stake now worth $18,500. We have made up some ground here
too and are now down only $2,500.
Our Portfolio C investment was 40,000 NZO head shares at $1.02. They
closed Friday at $1.26 so we have held, indeed added to our gains in this
portfolio. The value of this asset has now risen to $50,400.
Our Portfolios
Investment Portfolio A Portfolio B Portfolio C
$10,000
$20,000 $19,300 14 Jan $21,000 3 Jan*
now $20,700 Now $18,500
$40,000 $40,800 * 3 Jan
Now $50,400
$80,000
$160,000
$320,000
$640,000
$1,280,000
* Original investment.
We continue to have faith in New Zealand Oil and Gas for all the reasons
we have outlined in recent issues of the OGW. Macquarie Bank recently
initiated coverage of the stock with an “outperform” recommendation.

They sold their NZOOD's at 6.2c! Ouch, thats 50% off what they're at now (I'm actually in a similar boat but not quite as bad!)

Dr_Who
23-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Is it my imagination or are some of these aussie small/med cap oilers and miners looking very cheap? Oil prices continue to trend up but the oilers sp stay the same?

I toped up some more oil stocks today. Couldnt help myself, they are looking so cheap. Am I missing anything?

Stocks I currently own in the portfolio.

ADY/IPM/LST/PRC/NZO

shasta
23-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Is it my imagination or are some of these aussie small/med cap oilers and miners looking very cheap? Oil prices continue to trend up but the oilers sp stay the same?

I toped up some more oil stocks today. Couldnt help myself, they are looking so cheap. Am I missing anything?

Stocks I currently own in the portfolio.

ADY/IPM/LST/PRC/NZO

You are right, theres plenty of cheap O&G plays out there, namely:

AMU, BOW, OEL, IPM, NDO, MOS, NWE, VPE, SXP, PSA, BPT, CVN, just off the top of my head, am finding it hard to rank them in order of who to buy first!

AMR
23-04-2008, 05:25 PM
NWE recently broke the downtrend line so it would be a good buy signal.

Trouble with NWE is I can't handle that sort of volatility. I can take a 2% loss easily, just not a 15% loss if Cobra is a dud.

macduffy
23-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't think Cobra is the main event for NWE.
Now that Sinopec has taken control of Puffin, NWE's 1.5% ORR over this field is set to start paying off. I'm looking forward to this!

Disc: Hold NWE

;)

Dr_Who
25-04-2008, 04:52 PM

There are exciting times ahead for investors in oil and gas. You only have to listen to this weeks Big Picture coverage of the world oil situation from www.financialsense.com (http://www.financialsense.com) to appreciate the energy crisis that lies ahead. It makes very compelling listening".

F.D.

FD, how does one subscribe? I cant find the subscribe area on the site.

Financially dependant
25-04-2008, 10:33 PM
FD, how does one subscribe? I cant find the subscribe area on the site.

Hi Doc,

http://www.oilers.com.au/

I did it on-line using the subscribe button (middle of page).

ELYOB
26-04-2008, 11:32 AM
yes there are oilers , and then there are oilers ........

But one that sticks out to me as a no risk / good upsider is TAP .

This is travelling under the radar .

Late on Thursday they put out a good PRESENTATION , worth having a look and research the stock ..... if you know anything about trading oilers , you will understand what an excellent play this is .

Analysts are putting a potential of 3-5 dollars on it for the 3-4 high impact drilling happenings through to Xmaz , with the first Marley - 2 spud last week ......

Hold TAP ; dyor

brettdale
26-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for posting this.

I like the look of STX, myself!

Dr_Who
30-04-2008, 11:01 AM
It strikes me as odd that a number of small/mid cap oilers are posting record quarterly revenue and trading way below valuation, yet the sp still stays down. Either we have missed something or it is one of the best opportunities of the decade.

AMR
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
What is a "besbs" play?

Financially dependant
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
What is a "besbs" play?

Buy early sell before spud!

Huang Chung
19-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Came across a Stockval newsletter today, dated 6 August.

They reviewed a number of juniors, a one line summary for each could be:

Cararvon Petroleum - 'trading at or around value'.
Pan Pacific Petroleum - value of around 50c.
New Zealand Oil - 'we currently see value in the stock at prices around $1.00'.
Cooper Energy - they value it at 21c.
Horizon Oil - not considered investment grade.

Overall, their preferences are CVN below 65c and NZO below $1.05

'Controversial' could be their middle name...they were the ones saying ABC Learning Centres were worth about $2 when they were consistently trading higher than $6. Likewise, they were shouting that Wesfarmers paid too much for Coles, and valued WES well under what they market was. In both cases, they were on the money.

Unlike a lot of broker research, I do take notice of what these guys think. Roger Montgomery was with them until quite recently.

If you ever get a chance to attend one of their seminars (free), its well worth the effort.

STRAT
19-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Buy early sell before spud!Thanks FD and AMR, I was wondering that very same thing

STRAT
19-08-2009, 10:36 PM
besbs is a very good Strategy in a strong market especially if the extra leverage of options is applied, accumulating when interest levels are very low and selling into the increased volume into the lead up, although a low risk technique the down fall is huge delays can occur, rig shortages etc etc or even worse cancellations etc..change of direction due to cost cutting blah blah blah..., it actually happens more often than not. The other problem is return for time isn't that great so lower priced stocks /low market cap or option leverage can help improve returns, Big potential targets relative to market cap are the best due to the excitement/hype they create.
Shares on issue is another factor to consider. Accually I think SC emailed me at one stage mentioning he might take up the strategy, he could have more to add.

AAHi AA,
I do it from time to time with some good results but you are dead right about the wait :rolleyes:
Didnt know there was a title let alone an acronym though
PS thanks for the note regarding thread titles

Financially dependant
19-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Another strategy that some oil'ers use is to 'buy on bad news'! If a good company has a few drill's lined up (like CUE coming up) there is the inevitable duster and consequential drop in SP, this can be a great time to buy before the next drill!

ELYOB
20-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Huang Chung ,

dont think much of that Newsletter .......they are outdated ; and speak rubbish .

Glad you follow rather than me .

Good trading etc with it

E~!

tricha
20-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Huang Chung ,

dont think much of that Newsletter .......they are outdated ; and speak rubbish .

Good trading etc with it

E~!

On COE I can confirm that they are wrong on 21 cents Huang.

32 cents cash in the bank and value it at 21 cents. hmm
and they are a cheap on shore producer with oil, go figure Huang, u would be advised to buy some at around 40 cents.. ;)

Huang Chung
20-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Huang Chung ,

Good trading etc with it

E~!

Hi Elyob

Like I said, these guys aren't scared to stand away from the pack in making their calls. Probably those holding ABC Learning might have benefited by heeding their call, but hey, anyone can make a lucky call I guess....

Personally, I don't subscribe (I thought they were a bit expensive). I attended one of their seminars last year, which I found very interesting, and had use of there database on a month's free trial. I probably saw the greatest benefit in identifying which stocks to possibly avoid, or at least look twice at before investing....in other words, a useful filter.

STRAT
21-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Another strategy that some oil'ers use is to 'buy on bad news'! If a good company has a few drill's lined up (like CUE coming up) there is the inevitable duster and consequential drop in SP, this can be a great time to buy before the next drill!Unless of course its followed by another duster :D

Financially dependant
22-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Unless of course its followed by another duster :D

Or you just sell before spud again!....:cool:

AMR
23-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Sounds a lot like Phaedrus's "buy when oversold in an uptrend" strategy doesn't it?

Joshuatree
11-07-2018, 12:20 PM
TEG Triangle energy mkt cap re $25 mill
Cliff Head Static Modelling Results (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4295886/) Another 10 million BOE to go with cliff heads 5 million? Ive doubled down on this. DYOR

Joshuatree
06-02-2019, 03:57 PM
State Gas Ltd (GAS) has appointed leading independent M&A/Advisory firm Highbury Partnership as financial advisor to help it respond to inquiries from potentially interested parties. Highbury Partnership and its principals have advised and financed a wide range of oil & gas clients over many years

Something gOOD( iHOpe) is going on here.Pause in trading for TEG after jumping 40% today.TEG own re 48 million shares in GAS.

Now a speeding ticket and halt to trading MMMH!?

Trading Halt 2 pages 169.7KB (https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02073125)

Joshuatree
09-12-2019, 12:50 PM
WBE Whitebark on a roll.Looks to be great team doing the drilling(about 20 to drill) as no stuffs, stuck down hole tools etc and great flows. Thanks to a tip off i got some @.008c around 1.3c atm.Tried to double up @.009 but just missed out, too slow.Mkt took awhile to respond as well. Riding this not buying, DYOR.

Wizard Lake Rex-3 Frac Successfully (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5123233/)
2019 Annual General Meeting Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5065243/)

JBmurc
10-12-2019, 09:28 PM
WBE Whitebark on a roll.Looks to be great team doing the drilling(about 20 to drill) as no stuffs, stuck down hole tools etc and great flows. Thanks to a tip off i got some @.008c around 1.3c atm.Tried to double up @.009 but just missed out, too slow.Mkt took awhile to respond as well. Riding this not buying, DYOR.

2019 Annual General Meeting Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5065243/)

Hope it plays out for you JT .... CUE my biggest holding currently having issues with their major drill partner so even though the well has been drilled they are withholding results!!!! hopefully will be sorted out asap ... ROG my spec oil play .. which with their J.V with STO we should see production announced before long

younga
17-12-2019, 07:21 PM
E2E....I believe this has found oil in the us on land. Expects to prod from this well in January. Market cap is only 6 million. Price is 0.5 cents. What do u think?

JBmurc
17-12-2019, 10:26 PM
E2E....I believe this has found oil in the us on land. Expects to prod from this well in January. Market cap is only 6 million. Price is 0.5 cents. What do u think?

Very nice going off Hotcopper E2E has a 3.8mill Mrktcap ... 360bopd certainly be a nice cashflow Vs Mkt value esp as Oil is now back @ $60bbl USD don't know all other details but should see sales well above the 3.8mill

On another jnr O&G play CUE I see they have ended up folding to the pressure of the major partner asking for more funds after the well has been drilled !! but still won't give CUE any details of the results !! WTF

Joshuatree
18-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Rex 3 Initial Cleanup Flow Rate Exceeds Rex 1 and 2 (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5136745/) Flow rates over 1000 barrels a day:D DYOR not a recco

Ducks and finance and ownership all keen, eager and lined up.Not a recco DYOR

Whitebark Completes $5m Capital Raising (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5141143/)
Investor Presentation - Acquisition of 50% KCGM Super (https://online.asb.co.nz/ost/A90DF87639FDE450A79586D01FB28AE7/companyannouncements/showannouncement/asx/nst?issuercode=nst&number=959990&ispdf=true)Whitebark Completes $5m Capital (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5141143/)Whitebark Acquires 100% of Wizard Lake Oil Field (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/5141128/)

wizAlvin
31-12-2019, 12:57 PM
only 30 + hours to get your 2020 picks in .... about ONE DAY

JBmurc
29-01-2020, 09:28 PM
https://nsenergybusiness.com/projects/innamincka-dome-projects/

The recoverable gas from Yarrow is estimated to be valued roughly £112m (A$200m) at prevailing natural gas prices in the region.

$ROG free carry for its 20% current Mktcap =3.25mill .... yet while we have nil updates on STO J/V the market doesn't see any holding value

Joshuatree
01-02-2020, 11:16 PM
This mat be of int. Owning low /no debt companies the way to go if Frakking falls away.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4320190-abrupt-reversal-of-shale-oils-fortunes-points-to-radical-reset-of-oil-prices (https://seekingalpha.com/article/4320190-abrupt-reversal-of-shale-oils-fortunes-points-to-radical-reset-of-oil-prices)

Joshuatree
31-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Sheesh a barrel of oil is now cheaper than a pint of beer!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/a-barrel-of-oil-is-now-cheaper-than-a-pint-of-beer-in-canada.html (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/a-barrel-of-oil-is-now-cheaper-than-a-pint-of-beer-in-canada.html) Western canada select oil which is heavier and cheaper than brent etc.

JBmurc
12-11-2021, 11:59 PM
AUD OIL $110bbl

TEG 20mill in Cash + 15mill in GAS.asx shares --- Negative EV of 16mill !!

Smallcaps interview ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFUafykwB0

Have been buying more TEGO long dated AUD23 opts.... just need to see my latest holding filled to take me to 8th largest TEGO holder 11.3mill..

Right up the top of my list of potential 10x baggers next 12months

JBmurc
13-11-2021, 06:20 PM
Nice find...
Whats the strike price on options?
:cool:cc

3.5c .... My first SELL Target is 6.5c TEGO (10c TEG SP )hits early to mid 2022 on Farm-in + TEG investment in GAS.asx shares going much higher on 400Pj Gas resources to Reserves then MOU sales contracts etc ...

So buying at present half cent range with the opts would see 10x Bagger if the head share hits 10c which still would only see TEG market-cap around $110mill ...TEGs ...S/H in GAS alone could be worth $40-$50mill in 2022

JBmurc
14-11-2021, 05:14 PM
Australia will have a coal and gas economy beyond 2050

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/australia-will-have-a-coal-and-gas-economy-beyond-2050-20211112-p598j5?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636716365-1

JBmurc
21-03-2022, 09:59 AM
https://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/ASX:TEG/Triangle-Energy-Global-Ltd

Interview with new MD of TEG >>>

JBmurc
22-03-2022, 10:31 PM
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-World-Could-See-A-Record-Breaking-Oil-Supply-Shock.html

The global oil market could lose 3 million barrels per day (bpd) of supply from Russia starting in April, as sanctions on banks and buyers’ reluctance to purchase Russian oil could result in the biggest oil supply crisis in decades.

$150bbl oil incoming ????

Holding my O&G plays tight ...can see them spiking next month along with Brent

Joshuatree
22-03-2022, 11:17 PM
Has been a perfect storm for oil,gas and energy stocks BEFORE Ukraine.Holding producers only .
Note, New Hope Coal half year div today ,30 cents! Share price up 8% plus to re $3.10. yield plus.

Ricky-bobby
24-03-2022, 05:51 AM
Talking to good buddy of mine. He’s in oil shipping and he said it dead at the moment… been like this for the last month. He recons with pricing being so high, nobody is committing. Interesting aye? I thought it would be booming! No oil moving around will mean even greater constrained supply?

JBmurc
24-03-2022, 12:34 PM
Talking to good buddy of mine. He’s in oil shipping and he said it dead at the moment… been like this for the last month. He recons with pricing being so high, nobody is committing. Interesting aye? I thought it would be booming! No oil moving around will mean even greater constrained supply?

Right I see on CNBC last night auto fuel demands hitting higher levels than pre-Covid years..

After two years of lower oil demand due to COVID-19 lockdowns, oil demand is expected to exceed the levels of 2019 year. Global oil demand growth is expected to increase by 4.2 mb/d in 2022 to 100.7mb/d

India Fuel demand record highs
https://www.livemint.com/market/commodities/indias-petroleum-fuel-demand-to-touch-record-despite-soaring-crude-oil-prices-11645572976190.html

Oil demand is growing, and is expected to outpace pre-pandemic levels this year, according to global energy trading giant Vitol, which sees oil demand growth continuing to grow over the next decade.
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Giant-Oil-Trader-Vitol-Demand-Gap-Will-Widen-Over-Next-Few-Years.html

JBmurc
28-03-2022, 11:43 PM
THE END OF RUSSIAN OIL
25 March 2022 02:00 PM timetoread.png 6 min read Markets
Think the Europeans will need to get by without Russian crude? You are 100% correct. But you are not thinking anywhere near big enough.

Most of Russia’s oil fields are both old and extraordinarily remote from Russia’s customers. Fields in the North Caucasus are either tapped out or were never refurbished in the aftermath of the Chechen Wars, those of Russia’s Tatarstan and Bashkortostan provinces are well past their peak, and even western Siberian fields have been showing diminishing returns since the 2000s. With few exceptions, Russia’s oil discoveries of the last decade or three are deeper, smaller, more technically challenging, and even farther from population centres than the older fields they would be expected to replace. Russian output isn’t in danger of collapsing, but maintaining output will require more infrastructure, far higher up-front costs, and ongoing technical love and care to prevent steady output declines from becoming something far worse.

While the Russians are no slouches when it comes to oil field knowledge, they were out of circulation from roughly 1940 through 2000. Oil technology came a long way in those sixty years. Foreign firms—most notably supermajors BP and Shell, and services firms Halliburton and Schlumberger—have collectively done work that is probably responsible for half of Russia’s contemporary output.

The Western supermajors have left. All of them. Just as the Ukraine War began, Exxon and BP and Shell have walked away from projects they’ve sunk tens of billions of dollars into, knowing full well they won’t get a cent of compensation. Halliburton and Schlumberger’s operations today are a shadow of what they were before Russia’s previous invasion of Ukraine in 2014. Between future sanctions or the inability of the Russians to pay them with hard currency, those operations now risk winding down to zero. The result is as inevitable as it is damning: at least a 50% reduction in the ability of Russia to produce crude. (No. Chinese oilmen cannot hope to keep things flowing. The Chinese are worse in this space than the Russians.) The outstanding question is how soon?

Sooner than you think. It’s an issue of infrastructure and climate.

First, infrastructure. All of Russia’s oil flows first travel by pipe - in some cases for literally thousands of miles - before they reach either a customer or a discharge port. Pipes can’t ... dodge. Anything that impedes a single inch of a pipe shuts the whole thing down. In the post-Cold War globalized Order when we all got along, this was something we could sing-song-skip right by. But with the Russians dropping cluster bombs on civilian targets - as they started doing on Feb 28 - not so much. Whether the Russians destroy the pipes with their indiscriminate use of ordinance (like they damaged a radiation containment vessel at Chernobyl!!!) or Ukrainian partisans target anything that brings the Russians income, much of this system is doomed.

Second, climate. Siberia, despite getting cold enough to literally freeze your nose off in October, doesn’t get cold enough. Most Russian oil production is in the permafrost, and for most of the summer the permafrost is inaccessible because its top layer melts into a messy, horizon-spanning swamp. What the Russians do is wait for the land to freeze, and then build dike-roads and drill for crude in the long dark of the Siberian winter. Should something happen to consumption of Russian crude oil or any of the millions of feet of pipe that take that crude from wellhead to port or consumer, flows would back up through the literally thousands of miles of pipes right up to the drill site. There is no place to store the stuff. Russia would just need to shut everything down. Turning it back on would require manually checking everything, all the way from well to border.

The last time this happened was the Soviet collapse in 1989. It took millions of manhours of help from the likes of BP and Halliburton – and thirty-two years – for Russia to get back to its Cold War production levels. And now, with war on in Ukraine, insurance companies are cancelling policies for tankers carrying anything Russian on Seas Black and Baltic while the French seize Russian vessels, and the Russian Central Bank under the strictest financial sanctions ever, it is all falling apart. Again.

Even in the sunshine and unicorn scenario that Putin duct tapes himself to a lawn chair and throws himself into a pool, and a random band of kindly kindergarten teachers take over the Russian government, we should not expect the energy supply situation in Russia to begin to stabilize before 2028, and for us to return to what we think of as the status quo before 2045.

In the meantime, the debate of the moment is expanded energy sanctions. Once everyone concludes that Russian crude is going away regardless, there’s something to be said about pre-emptively sanctioning Russian energy before reality forces the same end result. Moral high road and all that. Bottom line: Uuuuugh! The disappearance of some four to five million Russian barrels of daily crude production will all by itself kick energy prices up to at least $170 a barrel. A global energy-induced depression is in the wind.

But probably not an American one. In the bad ol’ days before World War II there wasn’t a “global” oil price. Each major country or empire controlled its own production and maintained its own - sequestered - market. Courtesy of the American shale revolution and pre-existing legislation, the U.S. president has the authority to end American oil exports on a whim and return us to that world. An American export ban would flood U.S. refiners with relatively cheap shale oil. Those refiners will certainly complain - their facilities have a taste for crude grades different from what comes out of Texas and North Dakota - but having a functional price ceiling within the United States of roughly $70 a barrel will achieve precisely what Joe Biden is after: cheaper gasoline prices.

The rest of the world? They’ll have to grapple with losing Russian and American crude at the same time. If the “global” price stays below $200, I’d be shocked.

The first rule of geopolitics is place matters. To populations. To transport. To finance. To agriculture. To energy. To everything. The second rule is things can always get worse. The world is about to (re)learn both lessons, good and hard.

JBmurc
04-05-2022, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FZ3pbKXBx8

Great interview smart expert in the shale oil industry...I 100% believe he is right .. and have half of my portfolio in the O&G sector ...

JBmurc
05-05-2022, 09:16 AM
Bouncing some numbers off TEGs recent anns....using the LOW prospective Gas resource in L7 permit @ mcf $8USD

340BCF = 340mill mcf

= $2.72Bill USD

Now we just need TEG to secure 100% of L7(in the works) ... farm-down with a major O&G player and get a exploration rig on site asap>>>

in the meantime looking forward TEG present Market value will be around 50% of Cash+ ASX investment ... so thats ZERO value for half of the Cash+gas shares , zero value for L7 permit ,zero value for 78% interest in CH platform+onshore plant (cost 300mill+)
https://triangleenergy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Presentation-to-Good-Oil-Conference.pdf

Pretty insane >> from my calcs TEG will receive around 9mill AUD profit(early JUNE) + after all production costs of Cliff head + lifting shipping etc

have purchased more(should have waited another day!!!) now holding 5mill TEG 6.5mill TEGO

I'm holding the faith the new mgmt team can re-float this sinking ship before the years out >>hoping this is the bottom

I've had my fair share of muti baggers last couple of years ...and TEG has the potential to be a HUGE turnaround story ...

JBmurc
05-05-2022, 09:36 AM
Oil analyst interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaoE6ylxPSo

percy
05-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Sold half my IVZ at 29.5 cents this afternoon.

JBmurc
05-05-2022, 08:10 PM
Sold half my IVZ at 29.5 cents this afternoon.

Not wrong taking a profit should have done the same when MAY was over 20c >> still I have a feeling they will be much higher before the years out .. don't know much about IVZ

percy
05-05-2022, 08:36 PM
Invictus Energy Limited is an Australia-based oil and gas exploration company. The Company is focused on energy resources in sub-Saharan Africa. It is engaged in the development of the Cabora Bassa Project in Zimbabwe that encompasses the Mzarabani Prospect, a multi-TCF conventional gas-condensate target which is undrilled seismically defined structure onshore Africa. The Company is focused on hydrocarbon.

Mobil ran seismic years ago.They were targeting oil,and thought it would be just gas,so did nothing.
IVZ used Mobil seismic,and recently did their own seismic.
Will be drilling two wells,starting late Jue/early July.
I came across IVZ in a NEXT Investors newsletter.They are paid to do write ups.So as I had a bit of spare cash at the time I decided to take a holding.

Lion
06-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Red Sky Energy, ROG. Is anyone else here invested in them? Only A$45m market cap, and the SP jumped 60% yesterday on good news. Probable oil in ground jumped up by a reported 1228% to 93 mmbl. It's a lot for a junior.
I'm not upramping, but I reckon they have more to climb yet. They have a gas drill coming up too, supplying the lucrative East Coast market.

PS I've just looked back on this thread, I see you have some, JBMurc, as well as CUE and NZO, as I do too. It's been a long wait for ROG, but things are exciting now. I post as Dicko4 on HotCopper. Cheers.

JBmurc
06-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Red Sky Energy, ROG. Is anyone else here invested in them? Only A$45m market cap, and the SP jumped 60% yesterday on good news. Probable oil in ground jumped up by a reported 1228% to 93 mmbl. It's a lot for a junior.
I'm not upramping, but I reckon they have more to climb yet. They have a gas drill coming up too, supplying the lucrative East Coast market.

PS I've just looked back on this thread, I see you have some, JBMurc, as well as CUE and NZO, as I do too. It's been a long wait for ROG, but things are exciting now. I post as Dicko4 on HotCopper. Cheers.

I did once hold ROG but sold for .03c over a year ago

nztx
06-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Anyone looked at new oiler ASX: TEE ?

New listing 4 Apr 2022 with NEXT involved by looks of things

Listed at 0.20 going as high as 37c & currently 28.5c

JBmurc
11-06-2022, 03:34 PM
TEG update >>> Negative EV ...we get the right update could muti - bag.. of course we need better market sentiment first

https://twitter.com/TheMarketBullAU/status/1534841879501885442?s=20&t=bbcOZYqXm4utvE6ODivv0g

nztx
29-06-2022, 12:29 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02536259-3A596277?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

ASX: MAY Zapato 1 Update 1600m on the way to 2650m

Perhaps a little extra time needed to catch a large hidden elephant ? :)

JBmurc
29-06-2022, 12:49 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02536259-3A596277?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

ASX: MAY Zapato 1 Update 1600m on the way to 2650m

Yes they have hit some hard formation rock on the way to the hopefully Oil bearing trap ... slowing down the drilling ..but at some point they should break through into porous HC saturated formation ...

nztx
29-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Yes they have hit some hard formation rock on the way to the hopefully Oil bearing trap ... slowing down the drilling ..but at some point they should break through into porous HC saturated formation ...

Some Large elephants might be needed if Large Elephant country is encountered soon :)

Joshuatree
29-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Some Large elephants might be needed if Large Elephant country is encountered soon :)

I bought some ADX and BAS today.The tiny oilers day will come and I reckon a big re rate will happen for the better ones.Many countries oil reserves are getting depleted and there is no solution for years imo,even if Russia/Ukraine war stops today. DYOR much more risk here at the small end,most of my oil money is in Woodside.

JBmurc
29-06-2022, 07:15 PM

What's really causing an increase in Aussie petrol prices? Why the price hike would've happened regardless, and what petrol companies aren't doing to stem the increase in prices.

Andrew Purcell, Executive Chairman of Melbana Energy, an independent oil and gas company unpacks the reality of high petrol prices, what his company is looking to do as the world pivots to renewables, and how his focus is on earning his shareholders money.(really good interview ..I really like the point Andrew made that we have ALOT of oil ..we just need to come back and flow test with the right rig ..its only a matter of time)

Unpack it all with host Scott Phillips, and hear what's next for the energy market and the prices you'll be paying at the servo.
https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/why-ukraine-isnt-actually-affecting-petrol-prices-with/id1580677213?i=1000567997007

nztx
29-06-2022, 11:04 PM
I bought some ADX and BAS today.The tiny oilers day will come and I reckon a big re rate will happen for the better ones.Many countries oil reserves are getting depleted and there is no solution for years imo,even if Russia/Ukraine war stops today. DYOR much more risk here at the small end,most of my oil money is in Woodside.

with you on WDS as an added .. O&G looks a fairly reasonable prospect in current times of turmoil with other sectors getting demolished & sold down on the markets..

that said - there are some real steal situations developing which could take off when the markets wake up to the mining resources some Juniors are sitting on..

JBmurc
03-07-2022, 08:16 PM
I'm still holding tight my larger positions in CUE,TEG,MAY .. just these three make up 60%+ of the portfolio base ...I'm that Bullish Oil Gas for the rest of the year and going into 2023 ... I think the narrative for the sector will stay very Bullish as #1 Energy exporter Russia is pushed away from European markets the disruption will keep prices elevated till 2024-25 I also think any recession will be short lived as rates will be dropping from mid to late next year ..this will really re-ignite the commodities sector..

And to develop and explore for all this high demand resources along with the whole electrification push NET Zero another MASSIVE shift in demands just think of the demands on resource when the human race went from steam /horse /sail to gas power ICE ...will consume trillions in capital infrastructure shifting from Coal power plants ... ICE to Battery EVs ...

percy
03-07-2022, 09:51 PM
IVZ "Resource Upgrade" due on Tuesday should be interesting.
First well due to be drilled at the end of the month.

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 08:59 AM
I'm still holding tight my larger positions in CUE,TEG,MAY .. just these three make up 60%+ of the portfolio base ...I'm that Bullish Oil Gas for the rest of the year and going into 2023 ... I think the narrative for the sector will stay very Bullish as #1 Energy exporter Russia is pushed away from European markets the disruption will keep prices elevated till 2024-25 I also think any recession will be short lived as rates will be dropping from mid to late next year ..this will really re-ignite the commodities sector..

And to develop and explore for all this high demand resources along with the whole electrification push NET Zero another MASSIVE shift in demands just think of the demands on resource when the human race went from steam /horse /sail to gas power ICE ...will consume trillions in capital infrastructure shifting from Coal power plants ... ICE to Battery EVs ...

Agree,Russia is still exporting oil,it's how deep and long the recession is that may suppress oil demand .I've no idea how long that will be,hope it's short as you say.

JBmurc
04-07-2022, 09:56 AM
Agree,Russia is still exporting oil,it's how deep and long the recession is that may suppress oil demand .I've no idea how long that will be,hope it's short as you say.

Yes mainly too China / Russia other bric nations but with the exit of the western Oil companies tech expertise they believe Russia production will continue to slump ..also Russia is using Energy as a weapon against NATO countries and no way the rest of the world can fill the gap even if they wanted too as the infrastructure isn’t in place like the pipelines.. then you have the fact we had energy issue prior to Russia war … $150bbl oil is coming

percy
05-07-2022, 12:14 PM
IVZ.Huge upgrade.
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02538656-6A1098326?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4rade.

Joshuatree
05-07-2022, 01:18 PM
IVZ.Huge upgrade.
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02538656-6A1098326?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4rade.

Spot on Percy.I didn't look at it prior,wasn't aware you were into oilers:).

percy
05-07-2022, 01:30 PM
Spot on Percy.I didn't look at it prior,wasn't aware you were into oilers:).

Not really me,but now and again I buy a miner or an oiler.IVZ was a NEXT promoted stock.Bought in at 5.7 cents,sold half at 29.5 cents and do not know what to do with the remaining half.Most probably sell 60% just before the first drill now due in August
Often one of my dead ducks gets reincarnated,and I chip into their recap,and Bob's your uncle.

nztx
05-07-2022, 03:36 PM
ASX: MAY currently up at 12.0c .. what just happened ? ;)

Is that Aussie Tax time dusted at end of June or ASX waking up to
all the potential under value elephants hiding ?

JBmurc
05-07-2022, 06:54 PM

Tax loss selling ,,, MAY gas nearly doubled hitting 13c today on the same info we had back in the low 7c range .. glad I soaked up a few more at 7.3c

Paddie
05-07-2022, 07:10 PM

We are certainly due an announcement regarding reserves certification, people buying in to that contributing as well.

JBmurc
06-07-2022, 06:22 PM
We are certainly due an announcement regarding reserves certification, people buying in to that contributing as well.

Yes must be any day now and update on Zapato well .. I did sell around 15% of my MAY holding at 12.5c … so for sure we will get Ann tomorrow and see 20c crossed ..

Been looking at CE1 dipped my toe in and got a few today … 16.5c I see target of 70c 4.5% Divie yield pa

JBmurc
25-07-2022, 09:38 PM
CALIMA ENERGY MD/CEO Jordan Kevol & The Market Herald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cGm5lsqrg&t=212s

CE1 = Strong BUY ..... wouldn't complain if NZO would come back and off us CUE S/H's 10c again ... so I could load up with more CE1 pre Divi + 100m EBITDA 22Fy (101Mill cap company)

nztx
27-07-2022, 01:24 PM
Interesting MAY announcement on Zapato progress today - next reports could be even more so
once 1600m side drill depth exceeded in the coming week

nztx
27-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Yes must be any day now and update on Zapato well .. I did sell around 15% of my MAY holding at 12.5c … so for sure we will get Ann tomorrow and see 20c crossed ..

Been looking at CE1 dipped my toe in and got a few today … 16.5c I see target of 70c 4.5% Divie yield pa

Dived in with you .. CE1 looks interesting

nztx
27-07-2022, 10:56 PM
CALIMA ENERGY MD/CEO Jordan Kevol & The Market Herald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cGm5lsqrg&t=212s

CE1 = Strong BUY ..... wouldn't complain if NZO would come back and off us CUE S/H's 10c again ... so I could load up with more CE1 pre Divi + 100m EBITDA 22Fy (101Mill cap company)

Are you still riding with TEG onboard - JB ?
Interesting comments over yonder on inherent value :)

JBmurc
28-07-2022, 09:49 AM
Dived in with you .. CE1 looks interesting

Yes all goes to plan CE1 will be one of my largest holdings really want to get to least million shares in the short term and maybe even double that amount if CUE would make a move higher or gets T/O merger etc .. I personal see more upside now in CE1 than CUE

JBmurc
28-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Are you still riding with TEG onboard - JB ?
Interesting comments over yonder on inherent value :)

Yes still holding my TEG ... pretty much being valued at their Shareholding value of GAS.asx which has be making great JV moves with STO ..

percy
21-08-2022, 07:53 AM
More on IVZ

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62615088

Neophyte
21-08-2022, 08:04 PM
Have been buying CE1 since late last year, share price dropping hasn't been ideal but doubled down at 14c and will keep accumulating at these levels - third biggest holding. Very cheap on cash earnings and get the Montney option for free

MAY and IVZ top two holdings and looking forward to some big news this week -Zapato reaching oil zone and IVZ spudding

Joshuatree
21-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Have been buying CE1 since late last year, share price dropping hasn't been ideal but doubled down at 14c and will keep accumulating at these levels - third biggest holding. Very cheap on cash earnings and get the Montney option for free

MAY and IVZ top two holdings and looking forward to some big news this week -Zapato reaching oil zone and IVZ spudding

There seems to be a problem with Montney,they don't appear to have any interested parties otherwise why has trying to monetise dragged on so long.?

DarkHorse
21-08-2022, 08:19 PM
At first glance IVZ looks potentially lucrative financially, but concerned about environmental impacts - have any of you had a closer look from that angle?

JBmurc
22-08-2022, 10:42 AM
There seems to be a problem with Montney,they don't appear to have any interested parties otherwise why has trying to monetise dragged on so long.?

Well at this stage nothing that's attractive enough for CE1 to give away or farm-down Montney ....which is fair enough its not going get cheaper going forward with massive demands on O&G going forward..

IMHO..Montney is a brilliant project that already has $80mill+ infrastructure in place that would handle 50mmcf/day of gas and 2,500bbs/d of condensate.

Montery reserves 1.1TCFE ... An LNG facility producing 1 million tons per year (million tons per annum or mtpa) of LNG requires 48 bcf (1.36 bcm) of natural gas per year, equivalent to 133 MMcfd. This facility would require recoverable reserves of approximately 1 tcf over a 20-year life....

1 Mmbtu = $50,000 USD in LNG sales pricing in recent times ... 133MMcfd = $6.6mill USD per day ... so one can do the numbers and see the value upside to the Montery project

If it's used to say fill LNG Canada continues to construct their 14 million tonne per annum project on the West coast of Canada. A projected on stream date of 2024 continues to bring optimism to NE British Columbia gas producers (this is going to lift Nat Gas pricing in the area to fill the overseas demands .... Europe Nat gas up 480% yoy UK Gas up 340% YOY ...even US gas up 148% YOY ...

Calima has the permits in place to construct the pipeline to tie-in the Montney wells at Pad A-54 to the Tommy Lakes infrastructure....for 50mmcf/day

much more funding would be needed of course to see 133MMcfd but one can see even at that very high rate CE1 has the reserves in place for 20yr life just of one location in the permit they have drilled ...

CE1 is worth $85mill ... with around 4000boepd production from their other projects ....

cheap is an understatement on a longer term investment horizon

Also I like the companies listening to S/H's and have when funds allow buybacks and now Dividend plans ... longer term analyst reports I've read see's 10%+ yields at 20c SP ...

CE1 will continue to be a CORE longer term holding (taking over from CUE!!)

JBmurc
24-08-2022, 10:17 PM
https://stockhead.com.au/energy/pilot-set-for-significant-re-rating-as-it-moves-to-be-australias-first-globally-competitive-clean-energy-providers/

The Cliff Head CCS project, which will be owned 57.5% by Pilot and 42.5% by Triangle Energy (ASX:TEG) alone is a substantial opportunity, but it also provides a strong foundation for future clean hydrogen and ammonia production.

I continue to buy must be in or close to the top20 TEG

Lion
08-09-2022, 11:06 AM
Exciting times at ROG (Red Sky Energy).

(Finally!!) due to spud a gas drill next week in a 20/80 deal with Santos as operator in Northern SA. It's sure a great time to be selling gas to Eastern Australia (poor consumers). There's a short connection needed to connect to their main gas grid pipelines.

I asked a while back if anyone else here holds these shares, and Johnny Murc said he used to, but no longer. Anyone else?

JBmurc
08-09-2022, 05:45 PM
Exciting times at ROG (Red Sky Energy).

(Finally!!) due to spud a gas drill next week in a 20/80 deal with Santos as operator in Northern SA. It's sure a great time to be selling gas to Eastern Australia (poor consumers). There's a short connection needed to connect to their main gas grid pipelines.

I asked a while back if anyone else here holds these shares, and Johnny Murc said he used to, but no longer. Anyone else?

Yes no longer CE1 / MAY / TEG my O&G stocks >>>

ROG badly need to consulate shares so stupid to have so many billions of scrip and having to trade in micro cents ... it makes no sense and has been why I haven't bothered to look into ROG anymore at any mgmt that thinks one should have to move the market value by 16.6% just to hit the offer price has there head up their ass

JBmurc
10-10-2022, 03:21 PM
TEG going for a run today on the back of GAS ann today >>

"The Board of State Gas is delighted to welcome the St Baker group’s investment and new expert Board appointments.
The St Baker family have historically developed billions of dollars of gas infrastructure in Australia to support reliability, stability, and affordability in the power grid.
This involved the construction of over 2,500MW of new gas-fired power generation over the decade to 2009 – making it the largest power station developer in Australia during that era.
During that period, the St Baker interests also built over 300km of gas pipeline infrastructure and entered gas purchase contracts in the order of $10 billion associated with its power station projects"

Joshuatree
16-11-2022, 02:40 PM
Woohoo,BAS up biggly today
https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7089793/

Joshuatree
17-11-2022, 01:16 PM
Woohoo,BAS up biggly today
https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7089793/

Took juicy profits.Funny how they had to correct announcement and replace billion with millions:).Looks promising though ,will watch for rentry.

younga
30-11-2022, 10:22 AM
Took juicy profits.Funny how they had to correct announcement and replace billion with millions:).Looks promising though ,will watch for rentry.
You back in?Anything good in the market?

nztx
30-11-2022, 09:35 PM
Tax loss selling ,,, MAY gas nearly doubled hitting 13c today on the same info we had back in the low 7c range .. glad I soaked up a few more at 7.3c

MAY finished up at 3.9c today.. starting to look more and more like a 2023 run
once Alameda is headed towards production IMO :)

The slide over past few months is bound to shaken a fair number off the Register to go play elsewhere ;)

Joshuatree
17-08-2023, 09:42 AM
https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTDYL4gi%2 FzRP3v%2FZ957FiGug%3D

ADX Great announcement for this spekky explorer/producer.Read the previous one too.Have increased my holdings.
Not a recco dyor

Joshuatree
11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTDYL4gi%2 FzRP3v%2FZ957FiGug%3D

ADX Great announcement for this spekky explorer/producer.Read the previous one too.Have increased my holdings.
Not a recco dyor

Topped up today.Presentation out.Drilling not too far away.Dyor
https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7575991/

nztx
08-01-2024, 10:43 PM

An interesting announcement on 5 Jan of CE1 selling Blackspur Oil Corp & nice SP bounce upwards

Guess that looks like another payout in 2024 year for holders & possibly not a small one

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02760240-6A1188838

https://www.asx.com.au/markets/company/ce1

The peanut factory over yonder certainly looks like it's back in party mode

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-cash-sale-of-blackspur-oil-corp-for-a-83-3m.7789963/

kiwical
29-02-2024, 06:23 PM
CUE up 41% today on the back of their 1H FY 2024 result and announcement of a 2c special dividend.
I'm sure there is a dedicated CUE thread but can't find it on a quick look.

JBmurc
29-02-2024, 09:38 PM
CUE up 41% today on the back of their 1H FY 2024 result and announcement of a 2c special dividend.

Is one I use to talk to myself on for some time back when I held a good pile ... wish I held them today

Joshuatree
18-03-2024, 01:19 PM
WooHoo ,ADX hits.
https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTDYL4ge0w RL3v%2FZ957FiGug%3D

JBmurc
18-03-2024, 08:15 PM
WooHoo ,ADX hits.
https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTDYL4ge0w RL3v%2FZ957FiGug%3D

Great work JT

silverblizzard888
18-03-2024, 11:40 PM
WooHoo ,ADX hits.

I'm usually not an investor in gas projects, but certainly couldn't resist getting into this one, what a monster this one could be!

JBmurc
19-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Been buying up VLE on the TSX producing 22,000+bbls daily at present and planning to head towards 24,500bbls in Thailand Light to Med APi oil

P/E sub -2!!!! could double in value and still be cheap Vs average O&G on the S&P 500 P/E Ratio is 11.78

Some CAD$200mill+ in cash puts their E/V @ CAD$200mill ... not very expensive Vs Reserves + FCF ..

29.2Mmbbls 2P Oil reserves ....94% of the YE 2018 2P reserves were replenished over the last 6yrs ...

DarkHorse
19-03-2024, 09:39 PM
Been buying up VLE on the TSX producing 22,000+bbls daily at present and planning to head towards 24,500bbls in Thailand Light to Med APi oil

P/E sub -2!!!! could double in value and still be cheap Vs average O&G on the S&P 500 P/E Ratio is 11.78

Some CAD$200mill+ in cash puts their E/V @ CAD$200mill ... not very expensive Vs Reserves + FCF ..

29.2Mmbbls 2P Oil reserves ....94% of the YE 2018 2P reserves were replenished over the last 6yrs ...

TSX - Canada? Who do you buy them through?

JBmurc
19-03-2024, 10:49 PM
TSX - Canada? Who do you buy them through?

Aussie based CMC Markets can buy shares all over the world many different exchanges ... I haven't gone too crazy yet just ASX-TSX-NYSE my only trades to date
Only issue is I can't get market depth outside ASX

Joshuatree
22-03-2024, 03:51 PM

Cheers guys ,now it's a nervy waiting game for ADX,to see just what we have commercially,I hope.I sold re a third earlier( too early ideally) to reduce my entry.

Executive Chairman, Mr Ian Tchacos, said, “The Welchau gas discovery has the
potential to yield an exceptional gas resource for ADX, its partner MCF and the Republic of
Austria. The results to date are in line with pre-drill expectations confirming the exceptional
geological and technical work by our Vienna team supported by local and international experts.
Over the coming week ADX plans to execute its success case evaluation program for the well
which will include electric line logging, down hole sampling, inflow testing and pressure
measurement required to confirm the reservoir characteristics and the hydrocarbon
composition. We look forward to providing further results on this potential play-opening
discovery as they become av

Crypto Crude
24-03-2024, 07:21 PM
Oil stocks return you less while you take on more risk...

10 years ago I left the sector and never looked back...

No regrets...

Joshuatree
25-03-2024, 10:36 AM

No regrets...

All good dude,meanwhile I've double bagged in a few days👍😉

JBmurc
25-03-2024, 01:42 PM

No regrets...

And thats great for you ..but for many of us can make some great returns across the Energy sectors ... LRS Lithium been my best to date 7500% return over 5yrs hold

Joshuatree
25-03-2024, 02:50 PM
Topped up on ADX today,couldn't believe my luck.
https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/7916855/

Crypto Crude
29-03-2024, 10:09 PM
And thats great for you ..but for many of us can make some great returns across the Energy sectors ... LRS Lithium been my best to date 7500% return over 5yrs hold

That's very nice... I'd rather do it in an ethical way... no child labour... no radiation... and not supporting the climate scaims by providing the products they need....

With your talents you would have doubled or tripled that easily...
What a waste of a talent.....

Crypto Crude
29-03-2024, 10:12 PM
All good dude,meanwhile I've double bagged in a few days👍😉

All the best man....
Keep up the good work... make that money then run off into thr sunset.... its all coming to an end by next year if not before.... all asset classes are coming down.... at least 5 times worse than the GFC...a total reset .... stocks and prob crypto won't survive... dow Jones to zero IMO it won't be apart of the new system...

JBmurc
30-03-2024, 10:46 PM
That's very nice... I'd rather do it in an ethical way... no child labour... no radiation... and not supporting the climate scaims by providing the products they need....

With your talents you would have doubled or tripled that easily...
What a waste of a talent.....

Do you not own the phone ? or laptop ,or battery drill etc Lithium isn't just EVs HYBRIDS ... thousands of products ..stop being ridiculous the world isn't Black n White

LRS is located Brazil ... employs many local workers not child labour you are getting mixed up with the CONGO etc ..I don't and haven't ever invested in the Congo... only a couple of more advanced nations in Africa I invest in..

Make more money in Crypto maybe or maybe I might have lost a ton ...

Mate I was talking with last night was telling me a story of investing a few K into the sure-thing Crypto token his workmates were going on about 24/7 at the time (I'm sure you know whats that's like)

These boys all very highly paid FIFO workers.. went in as a group with one of them being a Crypto expert like yourself..LOL

Many of his workmates had A$50-70k coin invested ..I can't recall the name ..some gayass token ..but like many months later, it went to ZERO .. puff over 330k in funds from the Boys chasing the crypto dreamland GONE BURGER

OIL Lithium may not be flashy for the small timers looking for the easy money (easy loss) but for me pretty safe place if the projects numbers stack up ...50k turns into 650k I'm a happy investor

LRS numbers are insanely impressive even at 1500t Li prices .. I love companies that spew out FAT FCFs.. actually just brought back into LRS looking forward to another run higher