PDA

View Full Version : FDL - Flinders

FarmerGeorge
29-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Surprised there isn't a thread on this one already. Anyone else bought into the hype or taken a punt? Already two bags for me, could go to many more... or could drop to nothing!

steve fleming
29-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Surprised there isn't a thread on this one already. Anyone else bought into the hype or taken a punt? Already two bags for me, could go to many more... or could drop to nothing!

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=349&highlight=flinders

I SOLD into the hype - still watching with interest

FarmerGeorge
30-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry steve, I ran a search for old threads before starting this one but didn't come up. I see you were involved before any iron ore news so you must have done pretty well, probably selling to suckers like me! Good on you though I picked up a few options and now am just watching to see how things pan out.
Was just thinking that after demerger the non iron ore company shares will probably sag a bit, I think it's worth doing some investigating into the prospects of that company as a bargain might (MIGHT!) present itself. Any thoughts on their diamond prospects?

FarmerGeorge
02-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Massive jump in the options over the past couple weeks. I haven't watched the heads but I suppose they're going the same way. Good to see but time to take some profits for me, this is a bit of a volatile beast. Will probably leave a few in just in case they can actually make this into something, but for me five bags are enough for a punt.
Any other opinions?

FarmerGeorge
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
So it's now years later and what has happened? Well the company has managed to change it's name/ ticker (FMS now), price has bounced all over the place - currently around 15 cents giving a market cap of c. 280m by my reckoning, and there have been a couple of resource announcement/upgrades. Believe there may have been an equity raising in there somewhere as well.

With Iron Ore demand the way it is, and despite the likely pull back in prices from current levels, I like the look of Flinders once again. A lot of work appears to have gone in over the past couple of years. The fundamentals (in terms of mine location/ resource size/ grade/ company valuation) remain appealing, there's a new resource announcement coming up in the next six months, and a DFS already under way.

I'm a buyer this week if I can pick up a few at a decent price.

Any views on our diamond expert turned Iron Ore explorer?