PDA

View Full Version : PWK - PIPE Networks

winner69
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Interesting company that recently popped up as one of Barramundi Funds top investments - they have 6% of their funds invested in PWK (7% odd interest in PWK)

From PIPEs website -

PIPE Networks owns and operates Australia's largest internet exchange. We were voted '2006 Carrier of the Year' by the Australian Telecommunications Users Group (ATUG) and our Dark Fibre product was voted 'Best Communications Solution - Large Business'.

We have been profitable each and every year of operation and have experienced record growth both in terms of revenue and profits. As a result we were voted 'Australia's 7th Fastest Growing Company' by Business Review Weekly.

PIPE Networks is a remarkable company, combining the latest in technology with an experienced team of dedicated people. We strive to assist our customers obtain the best service possible.

PIPE Networks is changing the telecommunications industry in Australia.

Profitable as well and expect to make NPAT of $7M on revenues of $34M in F2008 with NPAT in excess of $10M in F2009. Therefore not too richly priced at the moment.

They are pretty ambitious - have plans to build a submarine cable from Sydney to Guam which seems a pretty big exercise

Exciting and interesting company worth a closer look at

bermuda
03-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Interesting company that recently popped up as one of Barramundi Funds top investments - they have 6% of their funds invested in PWK (7% odd interest in PWK)

From PIPEs website -

PIPE Networks owns and operates Australia's largest internet exchange. We were voted '2006 Carrier of the Year' by the Australian Telecommunications Users Group (ATUG) and our Dark Fibre product was voted 'Best Communications Solution - Large Business'.

We have been profitable each and every year of operation and have experienced record growth both in terms of revenue and profits. As a result we were voted 'Australia's 7th Fastest Growing Company' by Business Review Weekly.

PIPE Networks is a remarkable company, combining the latest in technology with an experienced team of dedicated people. We strive to assist our customers obtain the best service possible.

PIPE Networks is changing the telecommunications industry in Australia.

Profitable as well and expect to make NPAT of $7M on revenues of $34M in F2008 with NPAT in excess of $10M in F2009. Therefore not too richly priced at the moment.

They are pretty ambitious - have plans to build a submarine cable from Sydney to Guam which seems a pretty big exercise

Exciting and interesting company worth a closer look at

Winner,
You are on to a winner here.

Got some good background on this at a Xmas barbie and have done some research.Looks good to me too.

Steve
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM

What is the reason for a link to Guam? Is Guam seen as a hub or something?

mark100
04-01-2008, 01:50 AM
There are a lot of submarine cables in the Guam area linking Asia, US etc. Maps can be found by searching the net

winner69
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Nothing more said about PWK since those posts 2 years ago

The deal with TPG looks like it will be done .... $6.30 to PWK shareholders not a bad deal .... the market looked favourable on TPG as well since the announcement

Fisher will be happy ... one of their better deals

Another stock where following the 30MA and 100MA lines would have been worthwhile .... however not for me as fell off the watchlist

drillfix
12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Im not a holder, but I kinda would like to see what happens to the chart in the next week.

IMO, this is going to come down to tooth and nail.

Here is a chart of the current day:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qta450.png

Now, RSI sitting on 49, Stochs heading up, MACD neutral or just below, Daily Volume now weakening but most of all, look at the top right corner where its circled.

The price movement is hugging the previous Oblique support line which is now turned red, the previous sideways movement fell and is gaining right into the corner for what I would call, A final directional descision.

Its either going to break through, or its going to fall, IMO.

If no doubt it does not break the top red line, then the shorter's will be out on force and this will plummet to $5.36'ish which then to $5.00 . OR if not, the Up Up and Away.

Anyway, just a view and observation.

ps: Not holding

drillfix
12-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Not sure what you mean here.

Its not a takeover offer which would give you the option of not selling.

TPM started moving up this week, suggesting that the market knew the merger would go through.

Ahhh, Sorry about that KW, and sorry to the thread. I just came across the chart posted what I thought technically would have been of interest.

Guess I can eat my hat, (if I can find it) but all the same, guess thats why it pays to keep an eye on the fundamentals or news associated.

So basically what your saying is the deal is, Here is the money and bye bye, over and done, show is over etc etc right?