PDA

View Full Version : MAK alert ..... astrostuff update .....

yogi-in-oz
01-02-2008, 06:51 AM
:)

Hi folks,

MAK ... has some very significant time cycles coming into play,
over the months ahead ..... and should be very strong around:

24042008 ..... 3 positive cycles here

28042008 ..... 2 time cycles, expecting positive news.

12052008 ... 2 cycles and positive spotlight on MAK = VERY STRONG ? ... :)

16-19052008 ..... 4 cycles ... may bring longer-term changes ... finances?
..... should be quite strong until a minor cycle on 19062008

... but, the best part for MAK is another VERY STRONG run up is
expected, starting early December 2008.

have a great day

paul

P.S. ... there's many other time cycles for MAK throughout 2008, but
those posted here are probably the highlights for the longs.

=====

Moonshine
11-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Yogi,

Got into MAK at 51.5c... the potential is absolutely mindblowing.

I am struggling to believe how little Capex ($50million), debt and time (max 2 years, BFS in progress) would be required untill they are pulling in a min. of $250 Million per year in profit (based production of 2.5mt pa and current spot prices of US$220/tonne and economic viability @ USD$100/tonne)... and that is just for the Wonarah Rock Phosphate deposit!

Not to mention the Tin/Tungsten or Fluorite deposits which are now looking MASSIVELY economical as well.

I'll leave the Magnetite project next door to Grange resources alone for the time being... as that presents waaaay too many positive variables for this market to handle at this point in time.

Here is some quick-info for the interested, note the valuation should be in Dollar's, not Cents:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23093618-23634,00.html

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=32&ContentID=53753

Soooooooooo much upside.

hector
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I also have a few options, wish I had more.
Certainly a bit of buzz around the phosphate.
Chart looks good.
Today all time closing high on good volume.
Did I say I wish I had more!?

hector
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Again, pushing higher , very illiquid stock thats come into favour with huge potential.

stevo1
12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi hector huge possibilities here with phosphate alone.Could be the story of 2008.Time will tell.

hector
18-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow, pushing ahead again today with massive gain on top of what must be the performance stock of the last month or 2.
MAK up 31.95%!!!! @1.115 - breaks $1 for all time high and on volume
MAKO up 45.45%!!!! @0.80

Who else is riding this wave at the moment?
Crazy thing is sentement for this and particully the phosphate resourse only seems to be building.
Fun :)

stevo1
18-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Wow, pushing ahead again today with massive gain on top of what must be the performance stock of the last month or 2.
MAKO up 45.45%!!!! @0.80

Crazy thing is sentement for this and particully the phosphate resourse only seems to be building.
yep i 'm with ya hector
interesting article in the AUSTRALIAN (bussiness section)today by Andrew Houson on MAK apparently aussie farmers piling in

small fish
18-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm riding it with a whopping 10,000 MAKO @ .33 , very sad indeed but alas no more funds (damn you URA) Really feels as though it could be the perfect storm for MAK.

denpal
18-02-2008, 08:08 PM
MAKO up 45.45%!!!! @0.80

Yep I've been on since mid-40's on MAK. Sure been a wild ride and looks like a lot more to come as the re-rating appears to be a continuous process!!!

hector
18-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm riding it with a whopping 10,000 MAKO @ .33 , very sad indeed but alas no more funds (damn you URA) Really feels as though it could be the perfect storm for MAK.

Heh. I dont have that many more MAKO, but still hoping it will continue to build.

I left URA with some loss over past couple months, hopfully the movment today in URA is a sign of things to come for holders.

Go MAK,

tommy
18-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Bummer, I have been keeping an eye on MAK and MDX for a while waiting for a retrace but my orders never got filled! Absolutely gutted today...

Great potential upside although I am a bit wary to hold pure specs like this overnight still, but options are definitely worth playing around with due to leverage.

Will wait for a breater I guess, now I shall look for the next under-da-radar spec stock...

stevo1
18-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Heh. I dont have that many more MAKO, but still hoping it will continue to build.

I left URA with some loss over past couple months, hopfully the movment today in URA is a sign of things to come for holders.

Go MAK,

Wouldnt be fretting too much about your level of shareholding as many other spec type stocks have have 1billion shares listed (plus ops).So rough comparison would be the same as holding 80000 ops. in these companies as holding 8000 in MAK.

hector
19-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Well I must try and not watch this all day. But has been so exciting recently. I had decided when I got these Id hold on to them and see where we end up in a couple years. Hopfully this has not overheated and can consolidate.

stevo1
19-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Phosphate is overshadowing MAK s other prospects atm but iron price increases will be benificial to the West Southdown and Franklin prospects(80% benificial).With the low no of shares and options on issue make MAK avery exciting prospect.Combine this with the major deposits of phosphate,Tin, Tungsten,and Australias largest polymetallic deposit of Flourite /Fluorspar (in ground value $au2-5billion option to buy 80% interest)and it starts to get hard to see the downside.Obviously still have to mine though.Guess profit taking will come into sp at some stage

hector
19-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Profit taking is happening, today well over 1 million in the first half hour (only ~50 mil heads issued) with only a little movement. If a big holder decided to get out the price would drop but nobody selling that sort of holding. The amount being daytraded at this point does seem relativly small cf tightly held. And anyone wanting a resonable holding is pushing the price.
Agree that the other projects are looking good also, in fact they have more advanced projects than the phosphate (although that is being fasttracked now) and as such steady progress is hoped along several fronts.
This could be a very smart/lucky company.

hector
19-02-2008, 03:07 PM
This still going, up another 10% at the moment on one of the biggest volume days its had. Interesting to see if it holds. Has appeared to consolidate to some degree over 1.10 (currently>1.20) .
Bit of talk thinking a MC of 1/2 - 1 billion not unresonable for this which would give a fully dialuted SP = 5-$10 (I know bit mad, but it might get a couple dollars)
Dam should be studying!!

hector
19-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Meh.
Finished down a point or two.
To much heat had to cool off. Hope it can stay over $1 and rally on further progress.
Slow a steady rise would be great, me glued to the computer is no sort of life!

hector
21-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Another big day, after a small retace yesterday the price rallied again to a new closing high of $1.19. And on a shocking day for the ASX. Phosphate plays are smoking hot around the world and MAK must be the best (there is only 1 other small cap potential and they are potash and ducks not in a row) .
Im sure people are aware of this stock but in case they are not I suggest a bit of research into the ag boom and fertiliser PO4 might be time well spent.
cheers

stevo1
22-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Another big day, after a small retace yesterday the price rallied again to a new closing high of $1.19. And on a shocking day for the ASX. Phosphate plays are smoking hot around the world and MAK must be the best (there is only 1 other small cap potential and they are potash and ducks not in a row) .
Im sure people are aware of this stock but in case they are not I suggest a bit of research into the ag boom and fertiliser PO4 might be time well spent.
cheers

hi Hector looks like you were starting to talk to yourself (too much time watching the screen).MAK touched on 130 today .

hector
22-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, talking to myself.
MAK touched 140 now. If things work out for MAK and the phosphate is mined - which does seem likly concidering they already have the Rio assessment that it is now economical - then this is the big one for MAK, MC will be far higher than current. People know this and are building positions. The re-rateing at the moment is amazing, the question is of cause - how much is MAK worth at the moment? - and looks like it is worth an AWFULL LOT.
Only 50 mil of heads and about same options. This still has a long way to go :)

tommy
22-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah dude, quite surprised with the lack of interest in MAK, I bit the bullet the other day after missing out on the initial skyrocket and purchased MAKO at 80c... potential is interesting indeed.

hector
22-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Well it ended at near high 139.
"initial skyrocket"? - mate, it is still going!, This thing is just not slowing down.
If you beleive the story then current prices are multiples cheap, still only a duluted MC ~130million.

PS- cant spell, dont care :)

stevo1
22-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Astronomical ,starward bound eh yogi.

tommy
22-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Well it ended at near high 139.
"initial skyrocket"? - mate, it is still going!, This thing is just not slowing down.
If you beleive the story then current prices are multiples cheap, still only a duluted MC ~130million.

PS- cant spell, dont care :)

Well, I thought the options were damn cheap around 40s but my buy order didn't get filled :-P

MAKO did consolidate around 60c so was hoping for the 40s gap to get filled (like the MAK gap at 70s) , but the BIG MAK truck just kept on steaming through :-(

Oh well, at least my MAKO holdings are up 25% this week, but only just compensating the RCHO and MDXOA options which are not doing too well now... hopefully unloved FSE will start to go on fire, today's finish over 4c is very good sign:-) In the meantime, ADY and FDL (FDLOA) are barely moving...yawn.

MrDevine
22-02-2008, 10:56 PM
i'm sure there are others watching it (I have been, watching not buying). Although will it go the same way as FDL, RAU, KAL, WMT etc et al? Yes phosphate is hot, its got day traders all over it. Obviously some have made good coin standing by their guns over the past month. I think I saw it at like 48c around jan 23. Hmmm should I have brought some? Too much hype for my liking, just check out HC!

Good luck to you guys, picking a winner in this crazy market.

Mr D.

shasta
22-02-2008, 11:09 PM
i'm sure there are others watching it (I have been, watching not buying). Although will it go the same way as FDL, RAU, KAL, WMT etc et al? Yes phosphate is hot, its got day traders all over it. Obviously some have made good coin standing by their guns over the past month. I think I saw it at like 48c around jan 23. Hmmm should I have brought some? Too much hype for my liking, just check out HC!

Good luck to you guys, picking a winner in this crazy market.

Mr D.

Good call as soon as a stock has that "Hotcopper" hype about it & appears in the top 10 list over there, it's high time to bail...

I see some highly uninformed posts there saying $5+ a share etc

I mean look at ADY, a $US45b Lithium resource, this company has 10 times more going for it than MAK, yet some seem oblivious to the large capital expenditure required to get these "massive profits" to fruition.

Those still in MAK, make sure you have an exit strategy & stop loss in place so you don't get caught holding the baby!

hector
22-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Hmmm.
Ive had ady, was never conviced completly as never really understood how they could be very big. 45b resourse, common, even the company says thats like "making salt from the sea" the prob with ady IMHO is they need ponds to evaporate there resourse, that just will never complete with just digging it up!, this has been on the up for weeks, along with phosphate stocks around the globe! this is not a HC bubble!
BTW also sold out of URA recenrly, for a modest loss (in 25 out ~20). I truly hope things work out there for shareholders, god knows you deserve it. Unfortinatly I dont believe in majic.
Get on board MAK,
Google news fertilizer phosphate.
It is going higher, this is a company maker and lots of money to be made. Its an opertuinity for the small invester as such low liquidy at the moment large players just cant take to much at the moment, but it WILL be taken

Cheers

PS Hope Im Right!

shasta
23-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Hmmm.
Ive had ady, was never conviced completly as never really understood how they could be very big. 45b resourse, common, even the company says thats like "making salt from the sea" the prob with ady IMHO is they need ponds to evaporate there resourse, that just will never complete with just digging it up!, this has been on the up for weeks, along with phosphate stocks around the globe! this is not a HC bubble!
BTW also sold out of URA recenrly, for a modest loss (in 25 out ~20). I truly hope things work out there for shareholders, god knows you deserve it. Unfortinatly I dont believe in majic.
Get on board MAK,
Google news fertilizer phosphate.
It is going higher, this is a company maker and lots of money to be made. Its an opertuinity for the small invester as such low liquidy at the moment large players just cant take to much at the moment, but it WILL be taken

Cheers

PS Hope Im Right!

Good luck with MAK Hector

You will rue selling out of URA & having to watch it do what MAK did & more.

stevo1
23-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Good call as soon as a stock has that "Hotcopper" hype about it & appears in the top 10 list over there, it's high time to bail...

I see some highly uninformed posts there saying $5+ a share etc

I mean look at ADY, a $US45b Lithium resource, this company has 10 times more going for it than MAK, yet some seem oblivious to the large capital expenditure required to get these "massive profits" to fruition.

Those still in MAK, make sure you have an exit strategy & stop loss in place so you don't get caught holding the baby!

I hear ya shasta .You may well have a good point there.However the number of shares that are available for trade is somewhat restricted (from memory 42mill) the rest are held in escrow Unlike a lot of other shares(eg ADY)there is currently no reported shorting or margin lending being done against MAK that i can find(other than day traders).Very limited no's of trading stock - demand exceeding supply.Hence rising sp.Not sure on how many opts there are but assume they are all freely tradable.When i first bought into them Vayama on top$ocks was calling $25 sp?????!!!! .So outrageous!!!! Curriousity was aroused.After DYOR i could see potential with the properties they are holding.So bought in.(1 month ago)Anyone who is thinking of buying in should DYOR and assess the risks for yourself however for me it is not my intention to sell at this stage i will see where this leads. shasta your avatar is a cuddly looking white bear are you not expecting a big ugly grizzly one?

shasta
23-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I hear ya shasta .You may well have a good point there.However the number of shares that are available for trade is somewhat restricted (from memory 42mill) the rest are held in escrow Unlike a lot of other shares(eg ADY)there is currently no reported shorting or margin lending being done against MAK that i can find(other than day traders).Very limited no's of trading stock - demand exceeding supply.Hence rising sp.Not sure on how many opts there are but assume they are all freely tradable.When i first bought into them Vayama on top$ocks was calling $25 sp?????!!!! .So outrageous!!!! Curriousity was aroused.After DYOR i could see potential with the properties they are holding.So bought in.(1 month ago)Anyone who is thinking of buying in should DYOR and assess the risks for yourself however for me it is not my intention to sell at this stage i will see where this leads. shasta your avatar is a cuddly looking white bear are you not expecting a big ugly grizzly one?

Not all bears are grizzly...:D

stevo1
25-02-2008, 01:25 PM
share price is behaving like a bucking bull.Will be interesting to see where it is at days end .Entertaining if nothing else.

stevo1
25-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Well this bull bucked up to end at 155cps (up 11.5%) options at 124.5cps (17.5%).Still not interested in jumping off.

tommy
25-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, the Big MAK truck is getting heavier by the day and its momentum seems to be gaining speed by the day... WTF happened to the usual T+3 breather?

I'm already up 50% on my MAKO holdings in just a week, this is just rediculous... (not complaining though!)

I have been taking profits along the way in hope of being able to buy back cheaper but it just doesn't happen... everyone and his dog must be getting on the MAK truck at the moment, which is quite scary, as it reminds me of the early TRF and ARE days when the sky seemed to be limit :-P

stevo1
25-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, the Big MAK truck is getting heavier by the day and its momentum seems to be gaining speed by the day... WTF happened to the usual T+3 breather?

I'm already up 50% on my MAKO holdings in just a week, this is just rediculous... (not complaining though!)

I have been taking profits along the way in hope of being able to buy back cheaper but it just doesn't happen... everyone and his dog must be getting on the MAK truck at the moment, which is quite scary, as it reminds me of the early TRF and ARE days when the sky seemed to be limit :-P

Tommy still a tonka sized MAK ($66mill market cap not including opts) atm but could grow into a big MAK certainly to mine the goods they are gonna need truckloads of big macs

stevo1
26-02-2008, 03:10 PM
mak touches 184 today currently at 180 up 16.1% atm.I hope some of you got on board recently.anyone?

tommy
26-02-2008, 05:50 PM
mak touches 184 today currently at 180 up 16.1% atm.I hope some of you got on board recently.anyone?

MAKO seems to be lagging behind MAK now, is MAK gonna take a long awaited breather soon? Would be about time.

hector
26-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I would think about $2 would be a fair spec price (cant say why).
If phosphate stays up and project keeps moving forward it will have to go higher than that. You would think it would be near end of run now eh?
Phosphate is hot so who knows.

shasta
26-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I would think about $2 would be a fair spec price (cant say why).
If phosphate stays up and project keeps moving forward it will have to go higher than that. You would think it would be near end of run now eh?
Phosphate is hot so who knows.

Feeding off the MAK frenzy, i see MLX is looking at a move into Phosphate.

Anyone holding these, comments?

Seems a interesting company with a few irons in the fire.

Perhaps i'll look into it some more & start a thread.

The Examiner
27-02-2008, 04:42 AM
Thought you guys might have missed this announcement today. We applied for the Chatham Rise prospecting license a little while ago.

See our website for more. Also a huge amount of data on the Crown Minerals website if you get really keen.

Cheers

CC

stevo1
27-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Feeding off the MAK frenzy, i see MLX is looking at a move into Phosphate.

Anyone holding these, comments?

Seems a interesting company with a few irons in the fire.

Perhaps i'll look into it some more & start a thread.

MLX 1,1 BILLION shares on issue market cap $341.4million. MAK 42 MILLION shares on issue (22mill held in escrow) plus 21mill ops ($31mill) market cap shares on issue plus opts $104 mill.If you include escrow shares $140mill.market cap.so on that basis MLX is valued at 2.4 times more than MAK.But MAK has LARGEST undeveloped rock phosphate deposit in Australia what does MLX have ?Other than being 2.4 times more expensive than MAK

hector
27-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Thought you guys might have missed this announcement today. We applied for the Chatham Rise prospecting license a little while ago.

See our website for more. Also a huge amount of data on the Crown Minerals website if you get really keen.

Cheers

CC

Wow, alot of mention of MAK.
Is phosphate the new uranium? - It just might be!
The encouaging thing is this is a world wide re-rating of fertiliser stocks, minemakers has been dam-lucky/had great-foresight and IF things continue in a positive light then they will make alot of money for shareholders.

Ive rolled the dice, 100% into MAK (although thats not that much!...yet!!!)

stevo1
27-02-2008, 01:51 PM
11.49am in oz MAK at 204 up16.6%

stevo1
27-02-2008, 04:42 PM
2.40 pm oz time MAK at 152 down 12%

tommy
27-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Hopped off the MAKO truck today, had to take profits while the going is good :-)

Good luck to holders, the MAK story is good but I just needed a break from the vertical increase!

h2so4
27-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Hopped off the MAKO truck today, had to take profits while the going is good :-)

Good luck to holders, the MAK story is good but I just needed a break from the vertical increase!

So did the SP

hector
28-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Certainly seems like the SP is trying to find its level now. Hope it stays above 130 mark, and can move forward if positive progress.
Im continuing to hold, Im not a great trader Id probably miss the boat.
I was lucky enough to get on this early so Im happy to hold baring any bad news.

tommy
29-02-2008, 05:11 PM
MAK stabilized now, but trading volume has diminished substantially. Not much of a pull back though, perhaps with IPL going up like firecrackers, the sector may be on a upward trajectory despite the rotten market sentiment.

stevo1
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Doesnt seem to be much interest in MAK here on sharetrader.I would have thought that it would be a good one for ppl who were into short term trades (which i am generally not).Take Friday for example the heads ranged from 150 to strong close at 172.Phosphate demand seems insatiable right now with the shocking Chinese weather set to contain fertiliser exports from China this spring.Potential of other projects amongst other things to good (for me anyway ) to ignore.Holding for forseeable future.

h2so4
01-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Doesnt seem to be much interest in MAK here on sharetrader.I would have thought that it would be a good one for ppl who were into short term trades (which i am generally not).Take Friday for example the heads ranged from 150 to strong close at 172.Phosphate demand seems insatiable right now with the shocking Chinese weather set to contain fertiliser exports from China this spring.Potential of other projects amongst other things to good (for me anyway ) to ignore.Holding for forseeable future.

I agree. I would have thought you have to be in stocks where the market is and not where you think it is? But I know nothing.

hector
01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Its all still spec tho eh?
The price of phosphate needs to stay up, if it does its hard to see this not working out.
Feasibility study and further drilling particularly the potential second site will be the next big thing for this stock.

hector
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Blood on the floor in the ASX today. MAK holding up not to bad, down about 5%. Very low volumes less than 500K turnover so holders seem happy to hold. Im not sure if Id be anywhere but with MAK or safer with IPL.
Luck.

stevo1
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
MAK trades today in a range today from 159 finishes strongly up 7.6% at 185 .Hope some of you traders are doing well out of it.

hector
03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
New closing high @1.85
Great guns on a shocker for the asx.
If you beleive the story it has a long way to go.
Food prices to stay high and agriculture stocks continue to rise

Footsie
04-03-2008, 09:19 AM
It's all froth............. and you either catch it or you don't

This stock will probably got to $5.00 in the next week on the bigger fool theory. Fundamentals dont mean squat. so dont bother trying to rationalise. You have a bunch of spec money which got burnt in january scrambling to make something back somewhere somehow and MAK is today's answer.

Like PDN or RIV in days gone by

Keep your stops tight and dont get to greedy.

Excitement will explode on MAK in the next 48 hrs.

Footsie

hector
04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Cool!
Im not sure you could say PDN "all froth" tho?
But a mine making a couple hundred million a year IF it comes to that MUST make a difference.
There is risk sure, a lot of it, the biggest is the meduim/long term price of phosphate.
Im no chartist but this is a simple case of a company finding they have the largest undeveloped phosphoate resourse in australia, which Rio used to have and moved on because not economic at prices of $50/tonne. Phosphate is $200/tonne now, with many forcasts predicting only higher prices, (some not ). If the price stays up there will be lots of money made. "somewhere/somehow" - All/most fertilizer produces around the world are booming in price , MAK is hardly an aberation, its just more highly leveraged as a spec and very few specs in this market to go for.

hector
05-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Droping abit now this stock. Down ~10% today.
Hopfully can stay up over 1.30-1.50 while waiting for further news. Not sure when this might come but prob at least a couple of months for drilling results. Further firming of fertilizer prices and forcasts would be helpfull in the meantime.
Continuing to hold options and planning to convert these when I have a bit of cash!

stevo1
06-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Trading halt on MAK for a capitol raising .

hector
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Interesting to see what this apparent placement goes for and the market reaction to it.
They will be getting a bundle of cash dec this year with the option conversion if the bottom dosent fall out. Guess they feel like they need cash sooner than that. If it moves things forward at an accelerated rate then all good.
Im thinking of getting into some other fertiliser plays, wont be able to for a couple of months but if things still looking good id be tempted.

Go MAK:)

stevo1
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
MAK has raised $A11.5 mill @ $1.5 cps (7.7 mill shares) to advance projects in pipeline including ordering long lead time items for Wonarrah phosphate.Possible exercise of the option they hold over the Fraser iron Magnitite prospect and to provide working capitol.The offer was heavily overscribed (includes domestic institutional and offshore funds). All good in my book minimal dilution of capitol considering no of shares on issue and future prospects.Continuing to hold long term.

stevo1
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM
MAK traded a range 155cps to 189 closed at 170 up 0.9% for the day.Market likes the capitol raising and future prospects

stevo1
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
MAK fell back to finish on 135cps buying opportunity? or further to fall.I still hold.

jeremy b
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Might fall a little more,but big interest starting to show in this.They now have more money to carry on with phosphate finding and they don't seem to be messing around.Should rebound soon.

hector
12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow. Big fall today.
Again...hope it can settle and not tank to await further project advancement. The medium/long term phosphate price is the kicker and the real risk here. Im gambling on the fertilizer price staying up, but no doubt it IS a gamble.
Cheers

jeremy b
14-03-2008, 06:27 PM
All permits for phosphate drilling are in.Drill rig to be mobilised first week of april.Drilling to begin mid april.They dont appear to be messing around.

Moonshine
15-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Bottom of page 3, under the DAP heading... $350-$400/tonne!

http://fertilizerworks.com/html/market/TheMarket.pdf

Here also:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/tradingdesk/archive/2008/03/14/potash-corp-expected-to-benefit-from-higher-phosphate-rock-prices.aspx

The Bear Sterns debacle will no doubt impact the XAO on monday... but the fundamentals of this stock keep improving by the week it seems!

hector
15-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I was hoping to extend my holding of this or other fert plays in the next 2 months but things seem to be powering ahead, that dosent mean the SP will follow straight away but I think it might. I DO hope I can get a few more before it takes off again. The price of phosphate has some bulls behind it and I hope they are right but it does seem a VERY large rise. If it stays at 350-$400 (WTF!!!) then we will be sitting pretty (if hungery). There are certainly ethical problems to wishing this improves. Ill be happy with the current price thanks.
Good luck to all.

stevo1
17-03-2008, 01:56 PM
MAK currently at 158 (up 19%)been traded in a range 140 to 172 market likes phosphate price increase and future outlook

stevo1
26-03-2008, 08:37 PM
AMP has filed an initial substantial shareholder notice stake of 5.94%.

stevo1
31-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Mak has its highest close today at 198(up 20%).Drilling on phosphate prospect to start shortly.MD is roadshowing MAK into Europe and USA next week.

Footsie
01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
today i look to enter as it trades new highs......

The run from $2.00-$3.00 could be fast

stevo1
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
today i look to enter as it trades new highs......

The run from $2.00-$3.00 could be fast

Footsie did you enter.closed at 223

Footsie
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Footsie is LONG MAK.................!

I had to go out for our wed anniversary lunch so missed the open and paid higher.... alas dont think it will matter much today.

The stars have aligned perfectly for a massive blow off in the next few days..... $3.00 is on the cards.

All the punters will be looking for something to buy today and MAK is top of their list

MrDevine
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
This stock is a MAK truck, only stock I've seen go like this in a bear market. Good money if you can get it. Fertiliser hot right now, and I've read other interest stems from low start up costs. I've been watching this since 50c, but always thought too much hype, seems self fulfilling now. Not much scrip on issue.

Some punters think $8 by may, wow –surely stock split or dilution before then though. Why not so much interest on sharetrader?

Mr D.

yogi-in-oz
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Posted 31012008:

Hi folks,

MAK ... has some very significant time cycles coming into play,
over the months ahead ..... and should be very strong around:

24042008 ..... 3 positive cycles here

28042008 ..... 2 time cycles, expecting positive news.

12052008 ... 2 cycles and positive spotlight on MAK = VERY STRONG ? ... :)

16-19052008 ..... 4 cycles ... may bring longer-term changes ... finances?
..... should be quite strong until a minor cycle on 19062008

... but, the best part for MAK is another VERY STRONG run up is
expected, starting early December 2008.

have a great day

paul

P.S. ... there's many other time cycles for MAK throughout 2008, but
those posted here are probably the highlights for the longs.

=====

Hi folks,

MAK ..... trading to the plan, so far ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

small fish
02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
This stock is a MAK truck, only stock I've seen go like this in a bear market. Good money if you can get it. Fertiliser hot right now, and I've read other interest stems from low start up costs. I've been watching this since 50c, but always thought too much hype, seems self fulfilling now. Not much scrip on issue.

Some punters think $8 by may, wow –surely stock split or dilution before then though. Why not so much interest on sharetrader?

Mr D.

They placed 7.7m @ $1.50 a few weeks ago Mr D so no more dilution for a while and i don't see why management would do a share split. As for $8 by May, well it might but probably won't.

Footsie
03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Took my quick profit

Didnt blow out like i thought it would....

stevo1
03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Good for you Footsie.I am holding so dont go depressing the SP

stevo1
04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
MAK closes at all time 250cps

denpal
06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi MAK holders,

I lost my password for a few weeks and have been busy posting at other places meantime!

First on MAK 9 Jan at 40c and MAKO at 19.5c and it's been a stellar run. I don't think we have run out of steam yet either, this is a very unique stock that is blessed with a massive JORC'd deposit previously totally uneconomic, and now brought to life with a bang by changed global demand/pricing fundamentals.

I have averaged up throughout as confidence built in the market on MAK's prospects, and hold quite a few.

Moonshine
07-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Yep, still here too with original holding from 51.5c.

Read all the opinions and to be honest, anyone with anything negative to say about the stock comes off looking more like they have no idea what they are talking about.

The fundamental supply-demand for rock phosphate is undeniable atm.

Of course, MAK's future is 100% reliant on the future rock phosphate price... but at this stage, no-one in the world can see the price cooling back to the sub-$100/tonne mark.

The question is not if Wonarah will succeed... it is how much Wonarah will succeed by?

I stick to my original ascertation that MAK will never make it into production with rock phosphate prices around these levels... based on the forecast earnings, they will get taken over long before they earn $1Billion a year!

stevo1
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Dont agree that MAKs future is 100% dependent on phosphate.Other prospects are major deposits of tin and tungstan(Storeys creek,Aberfoyle.and others), Fluorite and Tungsten(Monia in Tasmania).Targets are rock salt(Port Keats) Iron Ore (magnitite)West Southdown and Frankland river(IO shows in every drilled hole).Uranium initiative in Tassie,NT,WA.Certainly they are persuing the most bankable project in the phosphate deposit but this is NOT a one project company albeit Wonarrah has the potential(at current prices) to produce $1billion/year.SP closed at yet another high 257cps.I still hold.

Footsie
08-04-2008, 10:10 AM
steve

you are a champion.... good on ya for having the balls to keep holding

hector
09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Hello all. Been away for a while. MAK has had another leg up in the last few days, hope it manages to hold it. I havent had the cash to buy anymore recently but in a couple of weeks Ill be looking into things again.
Stevo MAK has other projects but will fall way way back if the phosphate doesent work out, the cash they make will be great for making their other mines tho eh ?
The last presentation looks very bullish the talk of a $billion mine - wow im a bit apprehensive about those sort of claims at this time (although I make them in my head!)
It does appeal to my greedy side - if their presentation becomes a reality then my modest investment will have made me a considerable fortune :)
ps I think Im in love, or is it lust? :/

stevo1
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Hello all. Been away for a while. MAK has had another leg up in the last few days, hope it manages to hold it. I havent had the cash to buy anymore recently but in a couple of weeks Ill be looking into things again.
Stevo MAK has other projects but will fall way way back if the phosphate doesent work out, the cash they make will be great for making their other mines tho eh ?
The last presentation looks very bullish the talk of a $billion mine - wow im a bit apprehensive about those sort of claims at this time (although I make them in my head!)
It does appeal to my greedy side - if their presentation becomes a reality then my modest investment will have made me a considerable fortune :)
ps I think Im in love, or is it lust? :/

Hi Hector not a good idea to fall in love with any stock,and like all investors everyone goes for the best return(greed?) and minimise the perceived risk(fear) and there is always a time to sell.MAKs original project was focused on Moina in Tasmania (tin and tungsten) but shifted to phosphate with the increasing phosphate price.I am hopeful that MAK makes all its shareholders more financially secure.Maybe a good idea would be to sell a portion so the rest are free carried(reduce risk)There are plenty of ppl trading in MAK hence the sp fluctuations and the sp may pull back further.I continue to hold

hector
09-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi stevo - yes I know that you are not to fall in love with a stock (that was the reference).
The other projects are not in the same ballpark as the phosphate will potentially be, at least the are not obviously so and therefor will not be supported by the market. The exciting thing is the company will be able to perssue these if the phosphate works out
Being free carried is not a position that makes much sense to me. The capital I put in can be re-erned in reasonable quick order and the free carried option is purely psychological, its not as bad as the intellectually flawed "average down". I want more not less at this point. Don't worry I will certainly sell if the story changes but Im not jumping due to violitility that would otherwise be expected in this low liquidity highly spec stock.

hector
10-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Question. Do you believe that Minemakers will get a mine started ?

The preliminary costing found a mine would be profitable at phosphate price of $100, phosphate is currently 350-$400. Capex is expected to be aprox 50 million, Estimates last year suggested they could truck 2-3 million tonnes to rail in Tennent Creek. ~110 million shares.

These guys had this resource, already defined, and the price just overtook them. The speculation phase of this company might have already come to an end. They speculated on future commodity prices by buying large deposits of various minerals not yet economic ,and the price has now moved.

My analysis is about as basic as you get, this is very profitable currently on paper, IF they get a mine then this will buy me my first house.

denpal
11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
MAK is talking phosphate revenue of $A1Bpa within 2 years for capex of $50M tops. This is the biggest no-brainer I have ever come across...........Bought more today at $2.11-$2.23 after earlier reducing and getting rid of the options now that their leverage has decreased.

hector
14-04-2008, 11:13 AM
MAK got a presentation talking up their projects coming out on brr today.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/44510

unrelated. - There is a lot of unrest occuring around the world due to rising food prices. The fertilizer price rise appears to be as a response to increased food prices and not the other way round, however by investing in a start up fertilizer producer we potentially help the situation by increasing production. - ie not profiting from the mis-fortune of others but profit by trying to improve the situation. Important to have that clear in my own mind anyway :)

hector
14-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Don Coxe- interesting guy.

http://events.startcast.com/events/199/B0003/code/eventframe.asp

hector
15-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Mak down today again. Hoping to pick more up early next week so Id be happy for things to stay low, not expecting any significant news for some time so the heat may fade till drill results come out in a few months. I think things will bounce a bit before I can buy more but who knows. Another few thousand shares at these prices will be great thanks very much :)

OutToLunch
16-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm in today at 201. Not putting the house on it, but the potential for MAK looks fantastic and having multiple projects rather than just the one is attractive too (having said that, the phosphate story appears to dominate right now). My only reservation is the bullishness of management's presentations, and the amount of chatter surrounding MAK on the boards. Offsetting that, we've seen a reasonable decline from the peak to current levels. Time will tell, as always. :)

hector
16-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Nice work OTL,
good bounce to 2.35 late today.
LOL Not bad for the day.
I wonder how things will go the next few days and how much more ill need to pay next week. If the fundamentals stay then this has a long long way to go so I wont be looking for dips.
Cheers

stevo1
16-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm in today at 201. Not putting the house on it, but the potential for MAK looks fantastic and having multiple projects rather than just the one is attractive too (having said that, the phosphate story appears to dominate right now). My only reservation is the bullishness of management's presentations, and the amount of chatter surrounding MAK on the boards. Offsetting that, we've seen a reasonable decline from the peak to current levels. Time will tell, as always. :)

Great timing OTL

OutToLunch
17-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Heading for $2.50 this morning. If only all my picks did this when my name appears on their register... often it's the kiss of death. :o

hector
17-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Fun and games in MAK again today, sharp rise when ASX released OTL had now got on board.

hector
17-04-2008, 10:38 PM
MAK closed 2.78 all time high.
MAK just keeps on truckin

denpal
19-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Go MAK, the best share of 2008 so far. Still holding from 9 Jan and averaging up throughout.

Also, look at RWD if you are looking for another Aus fert junior (potash). I hold.

tommy
25-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Ladies and gents... here is da new presentation:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=404043

Disclosure: I hold MAKO!

STRAT
25-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Congrads you lot. In particular to those who jumped in pre mid January but also to those who were brave enough to jump on a run away train I love seeing a success story like this. Be sure to get off before it comes down again, when ever that is.

OutToLunch
26-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Yep time will tell with this one. I picked up some more at 2.70, avg. now 2.24. Not so excited about running to catch up with a train that has already left the platform, but the latest on phosphate and tin prices makes current prices still look cheap -----> assuming MAK gets the show on the road on schedule, of course. (ADY was a classic example of that not being the case!)

Latest on phosphate: DAP (diammonium phosphate) forecast to reach US$2000/tonne: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23594475-5013408,00.html

Latest on tin, now at a new record high: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/4/25/business/21055097&sec=business

hector
27-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess the question is if they will get up and runnung, certainly taking the ball and running with it. Management quickly focused on timeline once market started backing the phosphate. I must say the other projects look OK but in the short term if the phosphate tanks then I dont see the other projects saving the share price in any meaningfull way. I havent sold any so Im betting this will go up, if they get a mine (and so far so good) then the share price is still way way low at this point, at anything like current phosphate prices they stand to make several hundred million per year conservativly. That is going to be worth billions to the market cap. If the mine opens then the share price might be ten times or more, they planing to start in next couple years.
Im still beting on it. My small investment at the start is now resonable money, the next phase may just turn that into serious money. Im looking to increase my holding in fert when I have a few thousand in the bank, I would buy mak at todays prices, rwd is a bit more differcult - they need to build ponds as I understand it- I think they are also looking for potash evaporates and one would think if the found resonable reserves then this would be big big big for them.
Also a couple of little boys eg BON who if the sector keeps running might get some spec money, wouldnt take much to double that MC.

denpal
27-04-2008, 08:25 PM
This coming week could be positive with the broker presentations...........bought more Friday at 268c. Yes there are some microcaps in this sector that will benefit from the spillover effect:

BON - also has Andrew Drummond of MAK on the board - they have pegged phosphate exploration areas off the coast of Namibia and propose (if they prove up an economic resource) to dredge up the phosphate, beneficiate it on board and pump it straight into ships for transport to destinations.

KRB - they have all the EPM's surrounding IPL's Phosphate Hill. Dr Leon Pretorius is Top 20 #3 at 5.6%.

MNM - phosphate areas near MAK, although no proven/indicated resource.

STB - phosphate exploration areas in WA plus potash tenements adjoining RWD at Lake Disappointment.

SMD - neighbour of STB in WA on the phosphate tenements.

tommy
23-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Is MAK ready for a recovery soon?

Waiting for the next leg up...

http://asx.netquote.com.au/charts.asp?code=mak&x=0&y=0

OutToLunch
23-07-2008, 02:09 PM
MAK's share price has been hammered lately but their Wonarah project looks better by the day. RP prices ex Morocco are now in the US$450-500/tonne range. If these prices persist when MAK hit their straps they could easily have an EPS figure well in excess of the current share price. :eek::eek::eek:

Still a while to go yet and anything can happen in the next 2 years... but the world still needs to eat and fertiliser demand looks like it will remain strong. The main negatives I would foresee relate to the possibility of extra RP supply on the market (eg., from the Saudis) and potentially higher transport costs a la energy prices. And of course, whether MAK can meet their own production timelines -- remember what happened to ADY!

STRAT
02-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Off for a run again?

Minemakers Limited - Ordinary Fully Paid

OutToLunch
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Looks like it. In hindsight I got in a bit early on this one and took a hit as a result, but in the meantime MAK have continued to tick the boxes with Wonarah (with possible DSO now from Aruwurra?) and the phosphate market still looks very strong. Also from what I can tell OCP (Morocco) and Ma'aden (Saudi Arabia) don't appear to present too much of a threat over the next couple of years as far as lowering fert prices goes, though longer term it's something to watch closely.

Picked up some more shares at 88c on Thursday :):):) though my average buy price is still higher than what we're seeing at the moment. :(:o

STRAT
14-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow look at MAK go this morning

OutToLunch
09-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Strong moves in MAK-land lately and a very interesting announcement out this morning regarding a joint study between MAK and ATEC for a possible rail link between Wonarah and the Adelaide-Darwin railway.

Also interesting to note that while DAP prices have fallen recently due to high inventory levels, the price of rock phosphate has not fallen too far at all and Morocco is apparently refusing to budge from their current high pricing.

It all comes down to the future price of RP but the long term (post 2009) looks strong so far, and MAK are clearly very serious about getting Wonarah into production as soon as possible. The possibility of a rail link means that MAK can: 1) reduce OPEX considerably, increasing their margins, and 2) expand production beyond 3 mtpa towards 6 mtpa.

Possible future scenario (say 2-3 years out): 6 mtpa x gross margin of 300 AUD/tonne less 25% royalties less 30% tax gives NPAT of 945 million. Or say $4.73/share on 200 million shares (current issued capital is quite a bit less than 200m shares).

Much water to pass under the bridge with this one, but even if NPAT came in at only 1/5th of that, a PE of 5 would support a share price of $4.70 or more than 6x the current share price.

High risk, but looking yummy at 75c/share. Chart looks good too. :)

OutToLunch
11-03-2009, 02:38 PM
More good progress out of MAK -- DSO looks to be confirmed by drilling, RP ore quality is excellent, representative samples have been sent to potential buyers, permitting is underway, managing director is presenting at a conference at Dubai tomorrow. The share price has been well and truly in the pit so far this year but one would have to think that with the way things are progressing, the time for such cheap prices must be coming to a close. I've been buying more in the 40s lately.

The BON takeover is something that I was against, initially, but now I think it could be quite a shrewd move for the longer term. If MAK announce a funding and/or offtake agreement in the near term it will make the 1 for 10 offer for BON look very attractive for BON holders.

lewinsky
28-05-2009, 05:47 PM
A strong day for MAK today, prospects looking good. I like the look of this.

Phaedrus
28-05-2009, 06:39 PM
http://h1.ripway.com/78963/MAK528.gif

corporateraider
28-05-2009, 06:59 PM
That's a little bit cryptic for me Phaedrus!

OutToLunch
28-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Quite an interesting situation with MAK at the moment with the announcement yesterday of a share purchase offer to shareholders. Offering shareholders as at 12 June the chance to buy up to $15k worth of shares at 43c with 1 free 75c option for every 2 shares taken up. I immediately sold $15k worth from my holding at 51c with the intention of taking up the offer at 43c to restore my holding and pocket the cash difference, but in hindsight might have popped my cookies prematurely as I didn't consider the possibility of scaling -- so maybe I won't be able to buy back all the shares sold even if I wanted to.

Anyway -- the long term phosphate story still sounds compelling despite short term demand problems a la credit restrictions for farmers and therefore restrictions on fertiliser applications in the current growing season. It has to be made up for in the near future or else crop yields are going to suffer at a time when global grain inventories are at or near historic lows. Something has to give.

Apparently today an Aussie smallcap newsletter gave MAK a strong buy recommendation, with the resultant surge in price and volume. Here I was thinking that the price should, logically, fall back towards 43c with the arbitrage opportunity on offer, but maybe this is yet to happen over the following couple of weeks.

corporateraider
28-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Out to Lunch, I too wondered whether the company would cap the offer but I see no reason for them to. It does not appear that they have committed to other funding and so the more that they can get from shareholders presumably the better.
I wonder if the share price will hold up in the short term because if you believe in the MAK story and haven't yet invested here is a wonderful chance to do so to qualify for the issue.
And you are right that the success of the company obviously hinges around the phosphate price, but even at current levels we should see the shareprice north of a dollar this time next year.

STRAT
28-05-2009, 11:28 PM
That's a little bit cryptic for me Phaedrus!I think you will find those are quotes from Paul ( Yogi )
Do I have this right fellas? There is no limit on the offer?
I would expect the SP to be back at the mid 40's soon unless they have more big news to release. From memory MAK are rather timely in this way :D

Phaedrus
29-05-2009, 10:18 AM
That's a little bit cryptic for me Phaedrus!The quotes are cut from the "MAK alert ..... Astrostuff update" post that began this thread. The multiple "very significant time cycles" around which MAK should have been "very strong" are plotted. The degree of correlation between these "very positive" cosmic events and subsequent movement in the MAK shareprice is clear.

OutToLunch
29-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Out to Lunch, I too wondered whether the company would cap the offer but I see no reason for them to. It does not appear that they have committed to other funding and so the more that they can get from shareholders presumably the better.
I wonder if the share price will hold up in the short term because if you believe in the MAK story and haven't yet invested here is a wonderful chance to do so to qualify for the issue.
And you are right that the success of the company obviously hinges around the phosphate price, but even at current levels we should see the shareprice north of a dollar this time next year.

From what I've been able to gather ASIC restricts companies from taking applications for more than 30% of the current number of shares on issue unless a waiver is granted. That's the hook -- will there be enough applications for a waiver to be needed, and, if one is, will it be granted? Not sure. Maybe we need our friend Yogi to tell us that it definitely won't happen. ;)

OutToLunch
29-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Just received this reply back from Minemakers. Look like scaling might happen after all...

>>Thanks very much for your support and interest in Minemakers, in relation to the SPP and scaling, given that the issue of shares under the SPP is limited to a maximum of 30% of the existing MAK shares on issue, if there is an oversubscription then the applications will be scaled back on an equal basis (not pro-rata according to number of existing shares held).

mark100
29-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Just received this reply back from Minemakers. Look like scaling might happen after all...

>>Thanks very much for your support and interest in Minemakers, in relation to the SPP and scaling, given that the issue of shares under the SPP is limited to a maximum of 30% of the existing MAK shares on issue, if there is an oversubscription then the applications will be scaled back on an equal basis (not pro-rata according to number of existing shares held).

OTL, best to pick up a another stake on a different HIN to increase your chance of getting your $15k of shares back

OutToLunch
29-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Yep, that's definitely an option.... ply my other half with a nice bottle of red and sweet talk her into buying 500 MAK shares and then buying in via the SPP. I think she's more than wise to my sly tricks by now but you never know. :D

soulman
01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Took a punt on Fri when the volume breaks on Thurs last week. MAK up 15% today.

If you look at the trade, a bunch of $500 trade going through for the SPP.

OTL, looks like hindsight have you sold too early. If you would have saw the action on Thurs close, you might have held a little longer.

corporateraider
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Soulman, any idea why buyers are not using the cheaper entry thru BON?

soulman
01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
I did workshop that but I think the entitlement for the SPP is not with BON shares.

Cheaper entry through BON shares right now makes sense but getting MAK at 43 cents makes better sense. That's why BON shares is not flying as much as MAK because the risk of MAK falling in the weeks ahead is higher.

OutToLunch
01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Took a punt on Fri when the volume breaks on Thurs last week. MAK up 15% today.

If you look at the trade, a bunch of $500 trade going through for the SPP.

OTL, looks like hindsight have you sold too early. If you would have saw the action on Thurs close, you might have held a little longer.

I nearly fell over when I logged in tonight and saw MAK close up in the 70s. Why on earth it didn't fall back to 43c or thereabouts courtesy of the SPP is totally beyond me. The only reason I can think of is the risk of applicants not getting their full $15k worth at 43c due to oversubscriptions, which makes selling $15k worth at a higher level a bit risky. In hindsight I should have just stayed put. Still have the rest of my holding though. Who knows, once this run is over with the price could fall just as quickly, after all we've been here several times before with MAK doing a runner and then falling back.

hector
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Im also completly confused why this is climbing.
I was on this for the first run up. In and out a few times since then.
Still hoping to get my 30000 odd shares in the SPP, BUT if the share price stays up here then who wouldnt take it up? They can issue up to 30% (I think) so if the SP is 1.3 times 43cents at issue then its a no brainer? If its that high then we will have trouble getting the shares.....??

...hmmm but the 30% extra shares should be factored into the CURRENT price
arrrhhh! WTF is going on!

corporateraider
01-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Note that the release dated 29 May says that those buying BON on market will qualify for the SPP -assuming they convert to MAK of course

hector
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
you only need 1 mak share to qualify for the spp.
I wouldnt bother going through bon

Ponda
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
BON seems to be the way to go at the moment. You can almost use them like options.
If you purchase, say, $1,000 worth of BON at 6.8 cents, equates to 14,705 shares.
With the TO offer of 1 MAK share for every 9 BON shares it works out at 1,633.8 MAK shares.
The current SP of MAK at 70.5 cent makes your 1,633 shares valued at $1,151.
Thats on the condition that MAK gets 90% of BON.

Furthermore there are two offers on the table and so it could be that there is a bidding war to get BON

So a 15% gain on purchasing BON as it stands at the present time.

soulman
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
No interest in this stock for a while.

SPP extended to close on the 5th Aug. Aug 7th meeting still on to approve the capital raising.

OTL, I assume you apply for the full amount. I only apply for $10K, on the safe side. Looking forward to the free options.

OutToLunch
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
No interest in this stock for a while.

SPP extended to close on the 5th Aug. Aug 7th meeting still on to approve the capital raising.

OTL, I assume you apply for the full amount. I only apply for $10K, on the safe side. Looking forward to the free options.

I took the $12500 option, buying back 29000-odd shares to replace most of the 30000 I sold at 67c on June 10. MAK is at a very interesting juncture now with more and more signs that phosphate prices might be turning, so it's certainly one for me to watch (despite my heavy losses from buying in too early last year). Time will tell.

Too bad the 'free' options are so short-dated, you'd think they'd have been quite valuable had they been good for a couple of years.

soulman
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
So basically you already locked in your 55% plus profits and you get free options as well. Great work OTL.

A little bonus with your higher price purchase last year I supposed.

small fish
04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I decided to send my $4000 after the last couple of days trading, replacing those sold a couple of months ago 72c. Will be interesting to see if the share price has been propped up or if it really has turned the corner.
Agree its ashame the options are so short dated but I would think they will require the option money for working capital when the project is up and running.

crooky
17-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Been keeping an eye on MAK , anyhow took a position with the Stag sellers from the SPP today . Good luck all

yogi-in-oz
28-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Hi folks,

MAK ..... hopefully this sleeping beauty will get the kiss of life, later this week,
as 2 positive time cycles slot into place, around 02102009 ..... :)

have a great week

paul

=====

shasta
28-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Hi folks,

MAK ..... hopefully this sleeping beauty will get the kiss of life, later this week,
as 2 positive time cycles slot into place, around 02102009 ..... :)

have a great week

paul

=====

Time to look at MAK again, as Food & Water fast become precious resources around the world, & we all gotta eat right?

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=466179

I particularly like the $44m cash on hand ;)

OutToLunch
28-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Yep I had a look yesterday and topped up my holding in the afternoon. There are signs that food and fertiliser prices will not go much lower from here and the word on the street is that with ongoing under-fertilisation around the world, combined with poor crop yields (bad weather in US, for example) and increasing demand for staple foods, that a food/fertiliser crunch point is quickly approaching. Figured it was time to buy back in while the punters are still calling MAK a dog....

OutToLunch
23-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Increasing signs of life in this old dog now, up nearly 20% yesterday on big volume. I think their announcement that the first phosphate has been mined and is on its way to potential customers for evaluation is just what the market wanted to hear. Combine that with signs of a turnaround in the DAP price and we could be in for an interesting ride over the next 6 months.

shasta
10-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Increasing signs of life in this old dog now, up nearly 20% yesterday on big volume. I think their announcement that the first phosphate has been mined and is on its way to potential customers for evaluation is just what the market wanted to hear. Combine that with signs of a turnaround in the DAP price and we could be in for an interesting ride over the next 6 months.

MAK - Resource Update Wonarah Rock Project

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=480008

Still on target for a 10 years DSO operation (with only ~20% drilled so far)

shasta
23-02-2010, 02:57 PM
New MAK Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=481362

Last page shows the EV of just a few cents per JORC ton.

For a near term producer, the upside is huge!

h2so4
23-02-2010, 03:34 PM
New MAK Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=481362

Last page shows the EV of just a few cents per JORC ton.

For a near term producer, the upside is huge!

Good grief!!!!!!!!!! I just bought some straight away.

shasta
23-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Yesterday MAK received the first stage (outof 3) for a 25 year mining licence for the Wonarah Phosphate project.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100222/pdf/31ntg88rmv98dq.pdf

The market clearly overlooked this, or didn't understand it!

Chart isn't showing any volume or momentum as yet, you might have got in a tad early H2!.

Fundamentally quite easy to see why i picked it for the ASX comp

http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/imageChart.axd?BI=2&COMT=index&OVS=XJO&TF=D6&TIMA1=20&TIMA2=20&s=MAK

OutToLunch
23-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Good grief!!!!!!!!!! I just bought some straight away.

Watch out for a possible cap raising before too long though, unless they can stitch together some kind of fancy offtake agreement ahead of option expiry (fancy enough to get the shares well over the strike price anyway). MAK need c.$100m over and above their cash holding for a DSO operation. On the positive, fertiliser prices are definitely moving the right way now and rock phosphate prices are starting to head up now too. Those May options might just squeak in yet, MAK have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats when required. An offtake agreement could do the trick.

h2so4
23-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Where can I get some historical price charts for phosphate?

OutToLunch
23-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Where can I get some historical price charts for phosphate?

I've not the time to find anything concrete right now but let's say that RP pricing is opaque at best (no formal market, OCP (Morocco) have a big say in price setting). if you trawl through the MAK thread on Hotcopper (am I allowed to say that??) you'll find quite a few mentions of RP pricing from various sources. One example is the World Bank "pink sheet" but that seems to be usually out of date. Also have a look through http://fertilizerworks.com/. Hope that helps but it will probably raise more questions than answers!

h2so4
23-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Fundamentally quite easy to see why i picked it for the ASX comp

Yes indeed! Huge undervalued asset. High cashflows on the horizon and phosphate prices rebounding. Amazing!!

h2so4
24-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Rising phosphate prices.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/business/3356600/Superphosphate-price-rises-tipped-for-mid-year

h2so4
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Excellent presentation by Andrew Drummond http://www.brr.com.au/event/64365/minemakers-limited-andrew-drummond-managing-director-asx-spotlight-series-23-february-2010

shasta
04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Excellent presentation by Andrew Drummond http://www.brr.com.au/event/64365/minemakers-limited-andrew-drummond-managing-director-asx-spotlight-series-23-february-2010

MAK on the rise on larger than normal volume, can any chartist comment on whether there is a cup & handle forming, or is this time frame too short to say?

There's was a clear bottom forming wasn't there?

http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/imageChart.axd?BI=2&COMT=index&OVS=XJO&TF=D6&TIMA1=20&TIMA2=20&s=MAK

shasta
21-04-2010, 04:54 PM
MAK on the rise on larger than normal volume, can any chartist comment on whether there is a cup & handle forming, or is this time frame too short to say?

There's was a clear bottom forming wasn't there?

MAK - Quarterly

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=487975

Cash $34.6m

Rock Phosphate prices on the rise

Feasibility study due to MAK in the current quarter (1 April - 30 June)

shasta
27-04-2010, 06:29 PM
MAK - Quarterly

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=487975

Cash $34.6m

Rock Phosphate prices on the rise

Feasibility study due to MAK in the current quarter (1 April - 30 June)

MAK - Investor Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=488613

Market Cap @ $0.40 = ~$90m (undilluted, 1 month left on the 50m x $0.75 options - well out of the money)
Cash/(Debt) = $34.6m
EV = $55.4m (so low for a large JORC resource, production late this year?)
TSX & NSX listings soon, should help spark some life into the share price

Chart still not looking flash as volume has faded away, but surely it will reverse its short term down trend soon...?

Watch for increasing volume when the extra listings are completed

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=MAK&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

gazprom1
27-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey Shasta

Should be re-valued at some point. MAK has become my biggest holding and excellent returns beckon. The big issue for MAK is capital despite having $35mil cash. Realistically they will need another (on top of the $35mil) $100-150 million to get their operations up and running. They are going to have to either place shares with insto's or partner up with a customer. This will probably be done at a discount to current market share price...IMO this is why the share price has fallen to its current level. Once the capital rasising is out of the way, IMO we will see a steady rise in the share price. I will be adding to my position provided I am comfortable with the capital raising. It is a super-star in the making!!!

Feasibility Study is due shortly and could provide some impetus for the share price.

Gazprom

gazprom1
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Carnage today with MAK's share price....it is my biggest holding and I am surprised by todays movement. If was crystal ball gazing, some news must have been leaked from somewhere re a placement at below current market price or the likes. Has been holding around the 37-39 level for a few weeks then a dump this morning to take it below 30 cents. Currently 32.5. The option news is nothing as holders were aware of them expiring and they are way out of the money.

Any views?

Gazprom

Discl: Hold too many!!!

shasta
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Carnage today with MAK's share price....it is my biggest holding and I am surprised by todays movement. If was crystal ball gazing, some news must have been leaked from somewhere re a placement at below current market price or the likes. Has been holding around the 37-39 level for a few weeks then a dump this morning to take it below 30 cents. Currently 32.5. The option news is nothing as holders were aware of them expiring and they are way out of the money.

Any views?

Gazprom

Discl: Hold too many!!!

MAK looks oversold, watch for large volume could be smart money leaving, as you say maybe a leak & an ann due?

Going down on larger than normal volume, not good

shasta
04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
MAK looks oversold, watch for large volume could be smart money leaving, as you say maybe a leak & an ann due?

Bingo ann out - Wonarah Phosphate Project - Major Milestone Attained

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=490118

Ann was good, so what caused the panic?

I see today's low is stated at 20c - how is this allowed, this surely triggered a whole lot of stop losses, now the share price is rebounding

gazprom1
04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
The news is good Shasta....3rd quarter for mining license to be all sorted. Maybe they will ahev operations underway as planned in the 4th quarter.

Still concerned over what price they will make a placement and what the effects on current shareholders will be. I was hoping that they would partner with the likes of a NZ fertilizer company and they would subcribe for shares and sign up to take product.

Gazprom

shasta
04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
The news is good Shasta....3rd quarter for mining license to be all sorted. Maybe they will ahev operations underway as planned in the 4th quarter.

Still concerned over what price they will make a placement and what the effects on current shareholders will be. I was hoping that they would partner with the likes of a NZ fertilizer company and they would subcribe for shares and sign up to take product.

Gazprom

I guess alot of shareholders have sold out, in preparation of a capital raising in the near future, seen its a given it will be below market price.

gazprom1
04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
You are probably right Shasta. It is getting worse as we get to the close. 30 cents is looking under threat. I bought some at 36.5 cents yesterday....MMM

Some of my other holdings are taking a hiding as well.....BOW, PLV...very bad day all round!!

Gazprom

OutToLunch
04-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Ouch all round guys. Mak has not been kind to me either. Especially today. I think the prospect of a capital raising in the face of a low share price is really keeping a lid on things. There won't be any option money coming in either, we can be 99.9% sure of that. Here's hoping for a favourable long-term offtake agreement, perhaps with funding options attached, which might help ease the uncertainty.

gazprom1
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=OutToLunch;303445]Ouch all round guys. Mak has not been kind to me either. Especially today. I think the prospect of a capital raising in the face of a low share price is really keeping a lid on things. There won't be any option money coming in either, we can be 99.9% sure of that. Here's hoping for a favourable long-term offtake agreement, perhaps with funding options attached, which might help ease the uncertainty.

OTL,

Despite the prospect of a discounted capital raising, I bought some more shares at the finish and about 30mins out at 31 and 30.5. Just feel there has been an over reaction and the share price could rebound. However, I am concerned that there may be leaked news in the market that has contributed to the drop. Market Cap $69m and $34m in cash. If they could get a $100m capital raisng out of the way at around 30 cents, we can then look forward to production in the 4th quarter.

Hard day in the markets...dipped into BOW on the fall and am 3.5 cents out of the money.

Interesting week ahead!!!

Gazprom

OutToLunch
04-05-2010, 09:38 PM
G'day Gazprom1,

That's my biggest concern, that there is as yet hidden bad news on its way. It's a very nervous market overall and I think will be for a while, so it's just (hopefully) a matter of sitting tight through the rough patches. After all, the phosphate isn't going anywhere in a hurry and its quality is now pretty well known as being good to excellent, so there will be demand for it. We just need some more confidence to return to the markets - probably only after China and Europe have fallen over first!

gazprom1
04-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey OTL,

Agree with your comments. It is a matter of hanging in through these periods. Promised myself after the "financial crisis" that I would be more patient and ensure that I had funds in reserve to purchase quality stocks at distressed prices. However, I have been buying MAK for a while and do not have as much left on the sidelines as I would like or should have. Quality assets will stand a market downturn.

Demand for phosphate is reasonably strong and has had a moderate life in price. MAK is not leveraged so we shouldn't loose our asset in a liquidation or bankrupcy. Astute management is going to be required. IMHO, we will see an off take agreement in place in the not too distant future and that party may also become a stakeholder. I had some correspondence with the company a few weeks back and I was impressed by the quick response and the quality of the answers.

I think I am looking forward to tomorrow to see where MAK and other stocks are marked.

Gazprom

shasta
19-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey OTL,

Agree with your comments. It is a matter of hanging in through these periods. Promised myself after the "financial crisis" that I would be more patient and ensure that I had funds in reserve to purchase quality stocks at distressed prices. However, I have been buying MAK for a while and do not have as much left on the sidelines as I would like or should have. Quality assets will stand a market downturn.

Demand for phosphate is reasonably strong and has had a moderate life in price. MAK is not leveraged so we shouldn't loose our asset in a liquidation or bankrupcy. Astute management is going to be required. IMHO, we will see an off take agreement in place in the not too distant future and that party may also become a stakeholder. I had some correspondence with the company a few weeks back and I was impressed by the quick response and the quality of the answers.

I think I am looking forward to tomorrow to see where MAK and other stocks are marked.

Gazprom

MAK started the year @ $0.46, & currently trading at $0.26, this disconnect from the market in general, surely can't just be the anticipated capital raising to fund the mining operation...

RSI under 20 & heading into oversold territory

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=MAK&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

h2so4
19-05-2010, 06:35 PM
MAK started the year @ $0.46, & currently trading at $0.26, this disconnect from the market in general, surely can't just be the anticipated capital raising to fund the mining operation...

RSI under 20 & heading into oversold territory

Tell me about it................definitely a drag on the portfolio.

Looks like I will be looking to NZ for some value stocks. :)

shasta
19-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Tell me about it................definitely a drag on the portfolio.

Looks like I will be looking to NZ for some value stocks. :)

Watch the NZD/AUD, we are near 80c & maybe on the way back up, so still value on the ASX

Early 2007 the NZD/AUD was > 90c!

OutToLunch
19-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Ow. And ow. So much promise and such a great resource, yet here we are heading S at a great rate of knots. Surely not another ADY in the making, I've already suffered that one.

h2so4
19-05-2010, 09:40 PM
If your holding MAK you need an iron stomach.

Dusty
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/minemakers-likely-to-risk-tax-20100601-wved.html

denpal
02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes, I last sold at 55c a while back. Feel sorry for holders, as smart money was bailing today I'm sure. Who's going to lend MAK $215M capex? Dilution is what will happen either by a JV or share issues or likely both.

shasta
22-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, I last sold at 55c a while back. Feel sorry for holders, as smart money was bailing today I'm sure. Who's going to lend MAK $215M capex? Dilution is what will happen either by a JV or share issues or likely both.

NMN - Company Presentation

A small cap phosphate explorer in Brazil (not as advanced as MAK)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NMN&E=ASX&N=178540

Been following these folk for a while, have enough cash & a very good board/management team & tight capital structure

I selected NMN in the June ASX monthly comp, as i expect a JORC resource soon.

Should also have plenty of news flow over the next 6 - 12 months

Disc: Nil held,

shasta
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
NMN - Company Presentation

A small cap phosphate explorer in Brazil (not as advanced as MAK)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NMN&E=ASX&N=178540

Been following these folk for a while, have enough cash & a very good board/management team & tight capital structure

I selected NMN in the June ASX monthly comp, as i expect a JORC resource soon.

Should also have plenty of news flow over the next 6 - 12 months

Disc: Nil held,

MAK - Port Keats Rock Salt Project: Major Evaluation Advance

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=496767

Good read on this projects' details, might spark some life into the MAK share price!

OutToLunch
24-07-2010, 09:26 AM
MAK is in a trading halt pending an announcement regarding the development of Wonarah. Is it a long-awaited offtake agreement, or is the project being mothballed? Given the tightening fertiliser market I will take a punt on the first option. Being hopeful and all. :eek2:

OutToLunch
26-07-2010, 03:16 PM
MAK announce a vague-sounding non-binding MOU with a vague-sounding company for financing Wonarah. I have sold into the spike today; even if phosphate prices rocket from now on, a lot of the profits from that appear now to be destined for the holders of debt and future new equity in MAK -- existing shareholders could be facing a long wait for meaningful returns. I think there are better opportunities elsewhere....

soulman
26-07-2010, 05:07 PM
MAK announce a vague-sounding non-binding MOU with a vague-sounding company for financing Wonarah. I have sold into the spike today; even if phosphate prices rocket from now on, a lot of the profits from that appear now to be destined for the holders of debt and future new equity in MAK -- existing shareholders could be facing a long wait for meaningful returns. I think there are better opportunities elsewhere....

Fair enough OTL. I am also looking to bail at a good price. Maybe they can spike another 15% tomorrow.

shasta
26-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Fair enough OTL. I am also looking to bail at a good price. Maybe they can spike another 15% tomorrow.

Shades of ADY here anyone?

Always a problem having a large resource requiring large capex without a chinese sugar daddy bankrolling it

OutToLunch
27-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Shades of ADY here anyone?

Always a problem having a large resource requiring large capex without a chinese sugar daddy bankrolling it

Yeah, this does remind me of ADY. Superb resource, great promises, but ultimately out of reach of the ordinary punter. The difference for me is that I managed to bail from ADY at a profit, but not this time. :( I think MAK will eventually get their, um, fertiliser together, but the proportion of future profits that would make it back to existing shareholders has been slashed.

Funds realised have been put into LNC and ITC. And a bottle of cheap plonk.

h2so4
27-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Yeah mate, I felt the same when MAK was .22

Nice work OTL.....make it back somewhere else.:t_up:

shasta
31-07-2010, 09:17 PM

MAK - June Quarterly Activities & Cashflow Report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=499731

Listed on the Namibian exchange on 27/7/10 & looking to list on the Toronto exchange soon

Another good weekend read on there flagship Wonarah project

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=499745

Cash on hand @ 30/6/10 = $31.1m

OutToLunch
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Feeling a bit better already. :cool:

gazprom1
06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Does someone know something??? Strange lift!

gazprom1
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Just got taken out of an old order at 30.5....

soulman
06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Feeling a bit better already. :cool:

I sold for 28 today. Feel bad because it closed at 31.5. Not sure why I sold. Just trying to keep the porfolio simple and get rid of underperforming stock I supposed. Bought those for 41.5. MAK has been dissapointing for me. The only positive, I did sold MAKO for 6 cents when I first foray into them during their big SPP offering. Overall, I lost about $1,200+ on MAK.

Will try to not re-enter MAK again as I don't understand the phosphate business. I can never say never. Come next week MAK could be trading with a 4 in front of them. Good luck to all current holders.

OTL, are you still feeling better. LNC has done some uphill damage.

OutToLunch
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I sold for 28 today. Feel bad because it closed at 31.5. Not sure why I sold. Just trying to keep the porfolio simple and get rid of underperforming stock I supposed. Bought those for 41.5. MAK has been dissapointing for me. The only positive, I did sold MAKO for 6 cents when I first foray into them during their big SPP offering. Overall, I lost about $1,200+ on MAK.

Will try to not re-enter MAK again as I don't understand the phosphate business. I can never say never. Come next week MAK could be trading with a 4 in front of them. Good luck to all current holders.

OTL, are you still feeling better. LNC has done some uphill damage.

Yep. :) LNC is doing well and I'm happy to have some of my old MAK money there. I expect quite a bit of profit taking now as LNC has risen over 90% within the last month, but it still looks seriously undervalued, even now, especially if they cash in their ropyalty option and/or close another coal tenement sale over the next few months as intended. Current market cap soon to be well under cash holding!

I think the best chance for MAK shareholders in the short to medium term would be a takeover based on the value of the resource, esp if it happened before MAK gets diluted to bits by their planned fund raisings. It's too uncertain for me though. I took my biggest ever loss on MAK, unfortunately. I suspect MAk is ont he rise now due to the surge in wheat prices, and the flow on effect to fertiliser prices. But, they still plan to dilute future returns to existing shareholders by 7/8, so even if phosphate booms MAK shareholders will see most of the returns go elsewhere, at least until what is likely to be a considerable debt load repaid. That in itself depends on persistent high phosphate prices for years, and that's not necessarily a given either....

gazprom1
10-08-2010, 08:32 AM
OTL,

MAK continues to surprise with its rally. Finished at 33 cents y'day. Not sure whether or not the TSX conditional listing was partly responsible for the lift and/ or the announcements made just over a week ago and/ or the general lift in fertilizer stocks. I have been selling into the rally and will continue to do so as the future fund raisings will leave us severley diluted. Feeling relieved after seeing the price lift from 19 cents a 4 weeks ago!!!

Gaz

OutToLunch
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Congrats on getting a handy exit point. 19c was a bit depressing eh. I took mine off the table at 28, but am not surprised at the rally since, given the fundamentals for fertilisers generally. It's just a shame that existing MAK holders will be diluted so much down the track.

gazprom1
18-08-2010, 12:11 PM
MAK up 16% on no news. Leaky ship??

Linked to the BHP bid?? Theory may be that if BHP is after fertilizer companies it makes MAK more attractive?

OutToLunch
19-08-2010, 09:02 AM
MAK up 16% on no news. Leaky ship??

Linked to the BHP bid?? Theory may be that if BHP is after fertilizer companies it makes MAK more attractive?

You might be treated to a takeover? You never know... BHP's move does suggest that the fert market is heating up. Too bad I focussed more on the dilution side of MAK re. funding... I might have pulled the pin too quickly on this one. Good luck!

gazprom1
19-08-2010, 10:46 AM
You might be treated to a takeover? You never know... BHP's move does suggest that the fert market is heating up. Too bad I focussed more on the dilution side of MAK re. funding... I might have pulled the pin too quickly on this one. Good luck!

OTL,

I am normally not too concerned when stocks fall as I use this as a chance to double down (I am in this camp as opposed to cut your losses camp generally). With MAK I did double down but have been selling down from late 20's (at a loss) as there was so much negativity surrounding the stock. Sold more yesterday at 34. Still holding enough to make a difference. Feeling happier where the price is!!!

gazprom1
13-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Trading holt....SP action over the past week especially the past 2-3 trading days would indicate that maybe some news has leaked, bad news that is!!! Hoping for a postiive announcement although the odds are against it.

gazprom

shasta
24-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Trading holt....SP action over the past week especially the past 2-3 trading days would indicate that maybe some news has leaked, bad news that is!!! Hoping for a postiive announcement although the odds are against it.

gazprom

MAK - Tasmanian Assets to be spun off & listed as "TNT Mines Ltd" (Tin, Tungsten & Fluorspar projects)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=516797

Market rather ho hum & up 0.5c to 34c, as they seek $10m from the IPO.

In specie distribution to MAK holders should ignite some interest

Disc: Nil

gazprom1
25-11-2010, 07:26 AM
MAK - Tasmanian Assets to be spun off & listed as "TNT Mines Ltd" (Tin, Tungsten & Fluorspar projects)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=516797

Market rather ho hum & up 0.5c to 34c, as they seek $10m from the IPO.

In specie distribution to MAK holders should ignite some interest

Disc: Nil

Interesting announcement and agree it should generate some interest. Not sure management are focussed on the phosphate story. Seemed to going hard out to get Wonarah going and then have gone quiet on that. Then the Namibian phosphate. Investment in gold producer BCD - turned sour. Now the spin off of TNT. I guess they are trying to realise some value with IPO.

In specie distribution could be good for S/H's and MAK S/H's will also get priority in IPO - not sure how quickly I will be rushing in.

Gazprom

Discl: Hold

gazprom1
07-12-2010, 08:01 AM
MAK has rallied really strongly (40% plus over past 4 weeks) on the back of no recent public news. Maybe the in specie distribution announcement has interested some investors and they are buying in so they will be entitled to a share in the IPO spin off.

Any S/H's out there with a view?? I am looking at selling down a few if the price pushes towards 50 cents and buying back into CVN around 40 cents. It has been a long road but a reasonable return is at hand!!!

Gazprom

lewinsky
07-12-2010, 08:55 AM
The presentation at the AGM was very positive. I think that this has prompted the renewed interest in MAK.

I am certainly holding as I see some more upside from this.

Cheers

LEW

gazprom1
14-01-2011, 06:05 PM
MAK has moved from 39 through to 47 this week despite there being no news. Maybe just a re-rating given its phosphate reserves and the bullish excitement around soft commodities. It is a beautiful thing though.

Gazprom

OutToLunch
14-01-2011, 07:38 PM
MAK has moved from 39 through to 47 this week despite there being no news. Maybe just a re-rating given its phosphate reserves and the bullish excitement around soft commodities. It is a beautiful thing though.

Gazprom

There's a lot of pressure on food prices at the moment and events in Queensland only serve to tighten this situation further, which augurs well for fertiliser prices and therefore MAK. I've considered getting back in, but haven't due to my mistrust of management (what happened to those bulk samples?) Well done for holding through the lows of last year though, you may well be rewarded nicely for that kind of patience...

soulman
14-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I am sure it's the upcoming in-specie distribution of the new TNT coy that are pushing this MAK truck up.

Missed the opportunity when it really signal the break on the 11th or even yesterday. Good luck boys.

gazprom1
14-01-2011, 09:33 PM
There's a lot of pressure on food prices at the moment and events in Queensland only serve to tighten this situation further, which augurs well for fertiliser prices and therefore MAK. I've considered getting back in, but haven't due to my mistrust of management (what happened to those bulk samples?) Well done for holding through the lows of last year though, you may well be rewarded nicely for that kind of patience...

OTL/SM,

What did happen to those samples??? A birdie told me that one sample tested in NZ was ok when blended with other phosphate. Management are all over the shop. First it is Wonarah, then it was offshore Namibia, then it was capitalising a gold miner (and s***** it up) and then the potential TNT float. And the salt??? WTF??? Do one thing and do it well and then do something else.

What they do have is a huge phosphate reserve that with capital should work. It is frustrating being a S/H but fertilizer prices are on the rise and MAK has caught a bid. I am watching it closely as at some point and I going to pull the pin. Could get caught in a capital raising if the price continues to rise which I am not that keen on with MAK.

Gazprom

gazprom1
17-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Another solid day for MAK (up 8.4%) on good volume...up over 26 week highs. Will be interesting to see if we get some news in the next couple of days.

Those that have been patient should be happy=)=)

Gazprom

drillfix
17-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi Gaz,

You still holding stacks of MAK mate? I remember you accumulating from Low 40s into the 30s.

Seems like this one will pay off nicely for ya :)

gazprom1
17-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey DF,

How are you getting along?? Have you seen PLV...unreal!!!!!! I sold out around 50 cents!!!

Yeah, MAK has finally paid dividends. Been a long haul. Bought in 40's, 30's and 20's...did a bit of the banned doubling/ tripling down. It moved fast in the 20's.

Incredible start to the year in terms of stock performance. BUR/ BUROA has been a stand out. I have been locking in profits along the way and I am now looking at MAK and will start the process of selling down.

Are you into anything interesting??? I need a couple of new ideas and I am a bit short on time for research at the moment.

Hope you are doing great.

Gaz

OutToLunch
17-01-2011, 08:25 PM
The one that got away! :( Well done Gazprom for hanging in there, and for having the balls to keep on buying. May MAK keep on treating you well! :)

h2so4
17-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes it is a good example of the greedy fearful thing.

gazprom1
17-01-2011, 08:59 PM
The one that got away! :( Well done Gazprom for hanging in there, and for having the balls to keep on buying. May MAK keep on treating you well! :)

Thanks OTL. I appreciate your comments. Need to lock in some profits now. As you are probably aware, I am a big fan of putting more money down when a share is dropping (in some cases) but I don't want to get into that discussion again as everybody will tell me it is not a good idea (as they have done before) and that I could have sold out and re-bought cheaper. I am not that smart.=)=) Biggest lesson I learnt during the crisis of '97/98 was to be patient as it will come good again and faster than anyone would have you believe.

Happy hunting.

Gaz

percy
17-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I am reading michael lewis's book "The Big Short".Great trader Mike Burry says one of his investors "It goes up by ten times but first it goes down by half".
Michael Lewis also wrote the classic "Liar's Poker"
The Big Short by Michael Lewis published by W.W.Norton 2010 isbn 978 0 393 07223 5
Gazprom1 you would love the book.I thought of you while I was reading about Mike Burry.

gazprom1
17-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I am reading michael lewis's book "The Big Short".Great trader Mike Burry says one of his investors "It goes up by ten times but first it goes down by half".
The Big Short by Michael Lewis published by W.W.Norton 2010 isbn 978 0 393 07223 5
Gazprom1 you would love the book.I thought of you while I was reading about Mike Burry.

I am going to order it straight away Percy. Excellent - thanks

Gaz

OutToLunch
18-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Yes it is a good example of the greedy fearful thing.

Maybe, but it certainly did look like a great story in the beginning until the phosphate price dropped and management started playing smoke and mirror games with shareholders. The final straw for me was when the Verte funding deal was announced, with huge dilution for existing shareholders.

I suspect MAK is being seen as an asset play at the moment with food and fertiliser supplies getting thin... I certainly wouldn't credit the rise to their management!

gazprom1
18-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Sold my first MAK for a few months - 53 cents. Will look to sell a few more if it goes a bit more.

Gazprom

trackers
20-01-2011, 09:31 AM

Great book, got hold of it last night am half way through already as I can't put it down... Even though some parts hurt my head :)

gazprom1
20-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Mine is still in the mail Trackers. Did you read "Liar's Poker"?? Been a shaky day in Christchurch today...markets could be the same!!

Gaz

trackers
20-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Mine is still in the mail Trackers. Did you read "Liar's Poker"?? Been a shaky day in Christchurch today...markets could be the same!!

Gaz

Yeah had an interesting start this morning!! Glad we haven't had a visit from EQC yet, but our 1920's house has stood up remarkably well so far....

Haven't read Liars Poker yet though The Big Short does refer to it favorably and I suspect they're similar so might pick that up next.

I'm also trying to find some books on value investing, but its kind of hard when I consider myself a value investor mainly looking at companies that don't have revenue (and often even near-term prospects for revenue)!

gazprom1
20-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah had an interesting start this morning!! Glad we haven't had a visit from EQC yet, but our 1920's house has stood up remarkably well so far....

I'm also trying to find some books on value investing, but its kind of hard when I consider myself a value investor mainly looking at companies that don't have revenue (and often even near-term prospects for revenue)!

EQC hasn't been around to our yard yet but we only have minor external damage...

I have turned into a bit of hybrid investor - in striving to get very high returns obviously I have to invest into higher risk companies. A lot of those companies don't have any revenue (or very little) which makes the assessment of "value" more subjective especially with the micro-caps that have now JORC for example.

gazprom1
07-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Percy,

The Big Short finally turned up in the mail today....will be reading a few pages tonight. Thanks for the heads up=)

On MAK, I had a nice sale at 61 cents today and 56 or 57 last week. Will continue selling but will hold onto a few for the potential preferential entitlement of the TNT IPO - if it ever happens. I thought the SP would appreciate on Wonarah or the Namibian phosphate projects coming to fruition or working towards that. However, SP seems IMO to have gone up purely because of fert demand/ food and they have phosphate reserves. MAK has treated me well but not without a ride.

Gaz

lewinsky
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi Gaz,

I went down to Whitcoulls on Sunday and bought the only copy they had in the shop so I am looking forward to a good read.

Also went to "Inside Job" on Sunday. Worth going to, but pretty much what I think most sharetrader forum people know. People working for Goldman Sachs and other IB's and then going to Treasury to make sure the IB's are protected.

Two good book ref's from the movie to watch out for "Traders,Guns and Money" by Satyajit Das and the Two Trillion Dollar Meltdown by Charles Morris.

Back to the topic. Yep I hold a few MAK's and am happy to hold, hoping they will turn into big Mak's in the not too distant future.

gazprom1
09-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey Lew,

Those MAk's are turning into big MAK's. I sold a few today and bought more BUROA - time will tell if it was the right thing to do. MAK is riding the back of the phosphate story. There news re TNT y'day was not exactly inspiring although mildly positive IMHO.

I am just over half way through The Big Short and enjoying the read.

Gaz

percy
09-02-2011, 07:07 PM

Gaz[/QUOTE]

Recognise yourself.Glad you are enjoying it. Bit worried that we may see a shareholder's notice that you have brought 50% of all total issue of those options you are/were chasing..!!!!! "THE BIG LONG"

gazprom1
10-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Recognise yourself.Glad you are enjoying it. Bit worried that we may see a shareholder's notice that you have brought 50% of all total issue of those options you are/were chasing..!!!!! "THE BIG LONG"[/QUOTE]

Hi Percy,

Need a few ST guys to go with me on this one...would be interesting to tie up a big portion of the oppies. Such a long time to expiry that IMHO it is a great chance to make some serious money. High risk with potentially high rewards.

MAK has been great and I am just rolling out of a few everytime it goes up and rolling the funds into BUROA while the price remains around the 2 cent level.

Gaz

gazprom1
18-05-2011, 03:18 PM
MAK experiencing a nice ride today on the back of the Indian speculation. Just recovering lost ground of the past few weeks though. Still great to be back up to the levels of a couple of months ago. If there is a tie up then IMO the SP should re-rate further dependng on the nature of the deal.

Gazprom

drillfix
18-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Hey percy, I got that book, among 1 of hundreds. Will PM you a list of you like :)

MAK experiencing a nice ride today on the back of the Indian speculation. Just recovering lost ground of the past few weeks though.

Hmm Gaz, I am wondering since there has been a leak of news so to speak, that if when the news does come, will there be a sell off on such news do you think?

Meaning, if its could be already know, do you think that the market has priced this news in already?

I also see BUROA are down now to 1.2c with a expiry of Sept 2013 (and 10c conversion)

Are you still topping up on these as the stock declines? Or are you still swinging along there with Mine Makers? or Both LOL

gazprom1
18-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey percy, I got that book, among 1 of hundreds. Will PM you a list of you like :)

Hmm Gaz, I am wondering since there has been a leak of news so to speak, that if when the news does come, will there be a sell off on such news do you think?

Meaning, if its could be already know, do you think that the market has priced this news in already?

I also see BUROA are down now to 1.2c with a expiry of Sept 2013 (and 10c conversion)

Are you still topping up on these as the stock declines? Or are you still swinging along there with Mine Makers? or Both LOL

Hi DF,

I think that it depends on the nature of the news if it comes. If it seen by the market as a positive deal for MAK then I think it could go higher as the mkt cap of MAK is only $110million. There is a risk that if the deal is over a long period of time with no cash component then it may well come back down to the mid to low 40's. If there is NO deal then it sinks to the 30's again!!! It had a big jump yesterday as well as today.

Yeah, sold some MAK during the last rally but have not sold any today although tempted. BUROA has been bad - continued to load up as it dropped from 2 cents down to 1.4 cents. Zillman (director) has been buying BUR the last few days which I view as postive. The oil and gas is flowing they just need to get drilling more wells in the structure and get more producing wells online.

AZZ is disappointing...I offloaded a few at 44.5 and now they are back down to 38 cents. All the news has been excellent and they have been on an aggressive expansion campaign with loads of drilling underway. I am buyer again at sub 37 cents. Just a matter of tiem before they re-rate.

Any horses that you are hitched behind at the moment??

Gaz

drillfix
18-05-2011, 06:22 PM
No horses atm, although I do have a small parcel of EXE in which I took a small position, as it is just off its low.

I sold out of a couple of stocks that was to be a long term hold which was CGV, as it turned out they are sacking the main guys or trying to with a EGM so dont know whats gonna happen there, but I am tired of it as its bad enough having heard all the promises and potential so I though I would just be done with it.

I did take make a trade on AZZ, as it was going up, but then no sooner was it going up it was then going down, which I exited out for a breakeven trade on that. Seems to be plenty of these break even trades and lots false signals coming out of the woodworks so it seems.

Still holding my GLFOB's some which I have held for what feels like eons.

Good luck with news for MAK there gaz.

Cheers~!

percy
18-05-2011, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=drillfix;345972]Hey percy, I got that book, among 1 of hundreds. Will PM you a list of you like :)

drillfix.yes i would like a list.I like story tellers.Technical,or anything you need a brain to read is beyond me.!!! Anything quicker than 200 day moving average is a bit too fast for me.Between us I am a bit more than a bit thick.!!!
Would be interesting if you could start a new thread,on interesting sharemarket/business books,with your comments on the book.

drillfix
18-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi Percy,

I find that reading has really burned me out, although yet as much as I do enjoy reading (primarily PDF's) that are either wonderfully interesting, or that just allow you to be absorbed into the read and stimulate your education, or they either can just dribble on and on the same La Da Da that is said in nearly every other book.

I also have many Video/Visual based Seminars by a wide variety of presenters. Although most of it is geared towards US markets, it really does not matter due to the content being reflective across the board. Again, some are just life changing to some degree and some are just Yada Yada and on and on which I tend to skip through.

The funny thing is though, some of the Yada Yada ones can be so boring and slow, that eventually when you do find something of interest, it usually is Golden which then all of a sudden your persistence and dedication towards knowledge becomes rewarded, so overall some have better presenters than others and some have better content or hidden gems, and the best ones have the mix of both.

Like many folks, finding the time to actually read many of these books is at times near impossible yet I do try to read one at least every 3 months. Trying to read 1 a month had started becoming a challenge but every 3 months (depending on how many pages and content) is for me, comfortable.

I wont comment too much on books as there is so many that I would need to spend hours and go back through them.

Will PM you the list soon~!

percy
19-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi Percy,

Will PM you the list soon~!

I look forward to it.No hurry as I am running around like a flea in a fit at present with my work.

Entrep
19-05-2011, 12:57 PM
No horses atm, although I do have a small parcel of EXE in which I took a small position, as it is just off its low.

I sold out of a couple of stocks that was to be a long term hold which was CGV, as it turned out they are sacking the main guys or trying to with a EGM so dont know whats gonna happen there, but I am tired of it as its bad enough having heard all the promises and potential so I though I would just be done with it.

I did take make a trade on AZZ, as it was going up, but then no sooner was it going up it was then going down, which I exited out for a breakeven trade on that. Seems to be plenty of these break even trades and lots false signals coming out of the woodworks so it seems.

Still holding my GLFOB's some which I have held for what feels like eons.

Good luck with news for MAK there gaz.

Cheers~!

You sold CGV or CVG? Holding some CVG here, now under. Watched them go all the way up and all the way down - stupid me!

drillfix
19-05-2011, 03:39 PM
You sold CGV or CVG? Holding some CVG here, now under. Watched them go all the way up and all the way down - stupid me!

Hi Entrep,

I sold CGV (clean global energy) not CVG (convergent minerals).

What did you pay for your little ferris wheel ride? I understand how you feel as we all have done it, though best to add it to the top of the TO DO list of top priorities to change that potential unwanted habbit many of have have and seem to let repeat happening.

Many micro stocks getting slammed atm and many just off their lows so perhaps time for finger on the pulse.

Back to MAK,

Quite a bit of support there at 48c, so no doubt lots of folks waiting eagerly for the news.

gazprom1
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
This could be the long awaited announcement re Wonarah. If it is the Indians and if they are providing cash for equity then we could see MAK move upwards. SP has been strong for past couple of weeks on the speculation.

Gazprom

shasta
04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
MAK - Record Date for Inspecie Distribution

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MAK&E=ASX&N=547706

Shares purchased after the close of Trading on this day will not participate in the distribution 7 July 2011

Dusty
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
MOU expires at the end of october so would expect the JV announcement within the next couple of weeks regarding wonarah and NMDC.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/nmdc-may-complete-3-overseas-acquisition-deals-this-fiscal_593887.html

"Deals with Minemakers Ltd, an Australian firm having Phosphate deposits; Brazilian mining firm Greystone Mineracao do Brasil and Vincy Coal project in Russia are in advanced stages of negotiation and may be sealed in the current fiscal," NMDC Finance Director S Thiagrajan told PTI

This is the company that bought half of legacy iron ore, seems to be well supported by depth in the low 30's.

Gasbox
05-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Total resources now
stands at almost 800Mt at 18%

Stock up 8% today on announcement and generally risk on sentiment, I would expect NMDC to take up the JV afer pre-feasibility study is reviewed. Largest phosphate resource in Australia with the largest Indian mining company looking to take a stake within next 3 weeks, 6000 at 32.5 picked up.
Downside on a second MOU failure would test support at 30, (7 buyers, 270,000) and back into the 20's I would estimate. Succesful JV announcement would send MAK straight to recent highs of 40 cents so could be good for 20% return in the next 3 weeks.

http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/docserver/01225438.pdf?fileid=01225438&datedir=20111005&edt=MjAxMS0xMC0wNSsxNTozODowNSsxMjArMCtjb21zZWMrcm VkaXJlY3QrL2ltYWdlc2lnbmFsL2Vycm9ycGFnZXMvUERGVGlt ZW91dC5odG1sKy9pbWFnZXNpZ25hbC9lcnJvcnBhZ2VzL3BkZm RlbGF5ZWQuanNw

Gasbox
24-10-2011, 08:40 PM
http://business-standard.com/india/news/nmdc-to-buy-four-more-iron-ore-assets-abroad/149559/on

Less than 10 days to go. "Nmdc board to make decision by the end of the month"

Gasbox
28-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Good quartely report out today.

"The company has been advised that, as a prelimanary step, the NMDC board has approved the Wonarah Project for investment and that further meetings between the companies to negotiate the commercial terms for a joint venture agreement will take place in the first week of November"

No formal announcement yet but is up 7% on the 1/4 report and those who spotted this statement I expect.