PDA

View Full Version : PORT BOUVARD (PBD)

robbo
31-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Note that Tuesday 1st of June Port Bouvard will be going ex-dividend.
This is quite a healthy little 8 cents a share--which is nearly 5.5% and Fully Franked. Co. fundamentals are excellent, and so there is also a nice Trade potentially here. Relatively good steady volumes too.
Seems to Trade between $1.21--$1.39, and this ex div will possibly create a very tasty and rather safe morsel in my opinion.
Happy Investing,
cheers
Robbo

donnie
21-05-2005, 12:14 PM
where in aussie is this company, its paying a good 15c div this time around

robbo
21-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Donnie,

Port Bouvard (PBD) in in PERTH Western Australia Donnie..

I normally pop in and pop out to take MY dividend every six months as it is fully franked...and the Bouvard Project is totally excellent...and the PBD share is valued on a NPAV range of around $1.45 - $ $1.70....[:p]

Natuarlly Perth Real Estate has got the added benefit of being in Mining Town Western Australia, which menas their economy is very strong too...

The trading range for PBD though is very very tight.....
almost mechanically follows a $1.30 -- $1.35 share price spread; as folk in PBD mostly know the figures and simply are in for the stable Franked Dividends...

Donnie hope that is of some small help :)

Kind Regards,

Robbo :)

donnie
21-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks alot davey[8D]:D:D

have a[8D]day[8)];)

robbo
28-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Port Bouvard. (PBD)

Hi gals and guys here at Sharetrader.com

Port Bouvard (PBD) must be the Best Dividend Payer in Australia, (or mighty close!)-[:p][:p]

Since last post 5 months ago, PBD has risen >85% in Share Price, plus ... wait for it:.... given back > 55% of that original $1.25 Invested.... in Fully Franked (Tax Paid) Divideneds - [:p], or phrased another way, 70 cents per share, following the previous post here at Share Trader.

So that would be a total 140% Increase on the Investment Price,(in a non Spec Share) -- of which for us Aussie Investors, 55% is Tax Free.- in a short 6 months!

Thank-you Port Bouvard (PBD)-:)

Do ALSO hope that other Sharetrader Investors, saw this little "heads up" AND were also on board Port Bouvard (PBD).

Kindest Regards,

robbo
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Port Bouvard ..... (PBD)

Port Bouvard .........

Goes for the Daily, Delicous, Dividend, Double.. and scores a Hole In One, at the Port Bouvard Golf Course, Today ... :)[:p]:)[:p].

Yes …. for All you fellow travellers here at Sharetrader (ASX Divison) & Port Bouvard (PBD) fans –- here at The PUB, ....

Question: You all know the deal by now !! [:p]

What Time is it guys !! ....??

Answer:

It is definitely celebration and Happy Hour & crisp nice Cold Crownies (many, many ….[:p])…. again tonight…!!

That is for certain & sure !! [:p]:)

(1) Port Bouvard (PBD) -- was up in share price, after already considerable share price gains, , this last 2 months of; a nice impressive 15.42% today …

(2) From the time of the pick, here exclusively at Sharetrader.com.nz (ASX Division) – Port Bouvard is up about 165% --but more importantly has paid an average 42% per year additional to that number.... in fully franked dividends; ON TOP of that 165 % gained in share price figure !!

(3) This means that at the price we paid for (PBD) at the beginning, of this S/Trader Pub thread, ---- (only two short years ago) ---- for us PBD share investors.... this now actually represents a fuuly franked, pay out this year of a massive 78% of the share Price.

..... And that is On top of 80% share Price Gains as well. !!

And yes, that is Fully Franked and Tax free!!

-- Oh the sheer bliss and joy of snowball down the hill and increased tax fre investment gains that compound like PBD ….!!

So then, in summary .... for Port Bouvard (PBD) fans today:

ON a excellent daily traded on ASX turonver of $649, 000 --

Port Bouvard (PBD) was up a healthy 15.42% again Today in its overall share price.

Which - of course; was ON TOP, and additional to, the massive Div Annoucement Today :) of an extra 50 cents f/franked !!!@ :)[:p](Highest in Australia I suspect) .

PBD finished today, at an All Time High s/price, of $2.62.!! [:p][:p]

-- ASX --- Annoucement for (PBD) Repeated Below in Full.

……. 8 June 2006

.........Port Bouvard (PBD)..........

Companies Announcement Office, Australian Stock Exchange Limited
Level 10 Exchange Centre. 20 Bond Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000

: For Immediate Public Release. Port Bouvard ( ASX Code: PBD ). ...............

....... Stop Press. ........

Port Bouvard Limited (PBD) ---- Important Official Announcement

Dear Sirs,

FINAL DIVIDEND FIFTY (50) CENTS -- for Port Bouvard (PBD) Shareholders.

The company – Port Bouvard) --

is pleased to announce a final dividend of $0.50 per share to be paid on 4 July 2006. This follows the payment of an interim dividend of $0.40 per share in December 2005 and this now brings the total dividends to be paid for the 2005-06 year to $0.90. The final dividend will be fully franked.

The record date for the payment of the $0.50 dividend will be Friday 23 June 2005.

Negotiations for the sale of the golf course and related assets to Mr Kelly and Vive Holdings Limited continue.

The Directors expect to announce by mid July, plans regarding the continued operation of the Company after preliminary feasibility work on the Resort site is completed.

Yours faithfully

MICHAEL PERROTT

Chairman. ( Port Bouvard Ltd ) .

------------------- ends -------------------------------------

Kindest Regards,

Robbo :):)

Disclaimer:
Views expressed above are unwarranted. These views ought not to be read as warranted, either expressed or implied, for their accuracy or veracity. Views expressed above, cannot be read as warranted, either expressed or implied, for their ac

robbo
13-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Up another 6% today; again.... on strong volumes. :)[:p]

Regards,

robbo
02-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Still highly under valued, imo.

Regrds,

soulman
02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
PBD is ready to wind down their Mandurah and Princeton Estate in WA in 2007 (I live in WA so I know a bit about them). They have stated to return $1.60 to $1.80 in fully franked dividend and Capital Return to shareholders when their SP was just $1.60. That is because PBD was going to ceased trading as a property development company when those 2 projects ceased in 2007.

However, as just being announced the last 2 weeks, the company will continue as a going concern as a property developer and have just bought a large land in Albany (south of Perth). As the property boom continued in WA, there is no doubt that s'holders expects bouyant profit earnings to continue. Also, a final dividend of at least 50 cents FF is on the cards in DEC 06.

The chairman and CEO owns substantial stakes in PBD.

I have always said that the Martha Cove projects that CPK is undertaking is very similar to PBD Mandurah estate. Both are ocean fronts development projects.

mark100
02-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi soulman,

Its a pity Martha Cove isn't in WA! I also have thought Martha Cove is similar to what PBD was doing. This is one reason why I have been content to hold CPK. There is plenty of land at Martha Cove that will allow it to contine for some years yet.

I had PBD when they were called Menzies Court and were 10c. I sold them soon after the name change and share consolidation (I think it was 4 for 1). They promised lots but nothing ever seemed to happen. Another one that got away!

Mark

soulman
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, good memory there Mark. PBD was previously Menzies Court and the consolidation was about that ratio as well. PBD was 40 to 50 cents briefly when they have the Mandurah projects back in 2003. Then, came the good dividend announcement and the dirs was buying more holdings in PBD. It jumped to $1.00 within months and eventually I bought in for $1.18. I sold out a few weeks later for a very small profits. I just started out investing and small profits was very appealling. Whatever got away from you, you still got CIY and CPK on the cheap.

soulman
02-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Also, the current chairman and CEO of PBD used to be dirs for a company called Cedar Woods Properties (CWP). Their SP has also skyrocket due to WA property boom. CWP was very cheap 3 years ago. I think it was 80 cents or so. Now, they are $4.45.

Other WA property developer doing well are Peet and Co (PPC) and Finbar.

robbo
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi major,

The undervalued propostion partly has been covered now by some of the great other posts here.....

However on a like for like basis on a Return On Equity and RELATIVE P/Earnings (PE) or even PEG ratio -- PBD is the under valued one on my analysis ....

Port Bouvard (PBD) is distintly under valued compared to Finbar, Cedar Woods and Peet and Aspen.

Btw these above Property Developers, are all, also excellent companies imo.

What I find especialy apealling being a ROE fan, is the compounding effect on the ROE going back --year on year on year..... for four consecutive years.

(PBD's ROE) is almost without peer, on the entire ASX ....

Put simply, PBD have now announced they WILL not simply wind up thier existing Property Development and Return Capital, but instead...... will NOW continue to Develop a Business Plan and trade like the other peer Propery Development companies.... as an going property development concerns.(see last two PBD ASX announceements .... major...).

**** What, imo major, has not been perceived ....however.... also; is the valuable "intrinisc equity" and good will -- involved in the Port Bouvard name and franchise...... and the current contacts, skill and ability of the PBD Mgt team.

These aspects are scalable and leverable and imo will be so.

That is why I put the share price future estimate//quote I did on PBD

Kind Regards,

quote:Originally posted by major

Hi Robbo,
Thoroughly enjoyed the last dividend and the huge run up since and now out but I am not so sure about being undervalued anymore when their still remains a question mark as to "where to from here"?

Can you explain further as to why you still see them as undervalued?

robbo
07-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Defying any volatility sentiment and kkep its rather solid rise steaming along.

Today, PBD was Up another 3.8% on more than $600 K of solid turnover...

Regards,

robbo
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

My pleasure Major.:)

The main thread to my thinking; behind my theis re Pt Bouvard from a month or so ago when I flagged it yet Again, was:

(1) The probable forseeable need for the Mr Market to re rate PBD from a "capital return and Project completion story", to a ...continuation of earnings story with all of the previous goodies still intact; but with now more forward earnings to look forward to .....

ie: (2) Yes, investors in PBD can still enjoy the fruits of the previous .... PBD .... known announced status of the capital inflows from the Port Bouvard exisiting sales projects but Now also Add (+) -- to that issue the Extra Additional now re rating upward aspect; ..>>> due to the .... significant more intrinsic value to be now leveraged from the Pt Bouvard Brand and the Pt Bouvard Proven Mgt as performers in the market, and well esteeemed Pt Bovard Property Development Management..... and thus: --- the Higher valuation; that is now (imo) required from a continuing earnings stream versus the previous only a "cash box" style capital return PE rating; that was previously ascribed and reflected in PBD's low PE ratio.

(3) So Major, with the above change in PBD's status; and the combo of PBD's very high ROE >> 100 % ROE,(net real Return on Your Equity in the business) .... and combined with the low PE and extremely low PEG..... and then taking into account the very solid investment in real estate economics surrounding PBD in cash rich Perth, imo, the case for me declaring Pt Bouvard; as intrinsically both a growth AND a under valued and cheap at he price, value investment that was/is under-valued; with a wide margin of safety, was I felt quite significant.

Kindest Regards,

Robbo. :)

PS. imo investors also in ISS ......(see seperate post today on the ISS thread, )..... come a few weeks time ...-2-3 max, imo, will also feel not at all disappointed. ...;)[:p]

... btw Major, PBD is up 47% in just on only 5 weeks.:)-- and you can add 12% fully franked dividends (as just on half of the full years declared divs) to that number too...[:p]

Regards,

thereslifeafter87
08-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't see the value Robbo.

You could go buy UOS at less than NTA.

It's also at around 4x earnings.

As opposed to PBD trading at 5x book, 10x earnings...

robbo
20-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

(PBD)-- is Up 31% in the past 2.3 weeks....

and is also up in capital growth (share price) 160% in bit under 12 months--- [:p][8D]..

And an annualized 32% fully franked Dividend.

Regards,

Robbo

robbo
27-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Hits another All Time High today...[:p]

PBD has Just been screaming.... up the charts over the last 3.5 months-- up approaching---& now reaching --An Extra Increase-- of over-- 78% in that time.... and >> 414% -- yep, 414%-- increase in capital appreciation on share price-- , since the start of this.... PBD thread ... :)

And remember S/Traders, ....with Port Bvde; (PBD) add to that 21% Fully franked dividends .... ---on this fab.... compounding plus plus--Value Intrinsic -- Investment-- yep --21% !![:p]

Kindest Regards,

Robbo:)

soulman
27-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Robbo, is this dividend yield sustainable?

robbo
27-10-2006, 05:49 PM
HI Soulman,

Yep, but PBD is a very rare bird....

and frankly...... it is a trade off between:

(1) share price gains,

(2) rarer stock buy-backs and

(3) even rarer returns of capital.

(4) Fully franked divs.

Investors attracted to PBD like the Divs--as do the Mgt....

Also..... **** PBD has some rather ..... Very Unique Comp Advantages..... and 'branding'-- 'mixed in' with unique favourable macro economics-- in a 'franchise Niche' which it has created; in a rareified part of the world....

Put simply-- there is no share on the ASX with the:-- ROE/PE/eps-- Profitability --both gross and net-- AND the ability to have the free Cash flow to keep paying the Fully franked Div Characteristics (as a TOTAL fundamental package)-- and that achieved now for 5 plus year... on year .....consecutive compounding years....--- of PBD-- on the entire ....ASX....[?][8D]

--....Soulman; I have been banging on... repeatedly--- (here at Sharetrader ASX Divison)---- about just how very how good INTRISNSICALLY -- PBD is.... and how much of a Wide Margin of Safety-- exists in PBD there is -- for nearly 3 years-- since it was 73-- 87 cents-- and no one would ever believe me!! ;)[8D] ....

I could never really figure that disbelief out-- but then again Soulman; that goes with a lot of my picks Soulman!!....--

.....everyone thinks.....

My share picks are just plain silly -- and that I am right off my tree, & bannanas !![:o)][:o)][:I][:I]....

....Probably ....they are right !![?][?]!!

Soulman, on the numbers-- fundamentals-- let alone the qualititive Value --- I defy you to name one ASX other company.... that even gets within a bulls roar -- of PBD-- and still no matter how much I banged the Drum-- everyone here at Sharetrader thought I ....
was.....

"just taking the pi%$#@ss .... "....!! [:o)][:o)]

.....Maybe I am !! ..... [:I][:I][:I]

But the (PBD) numbers do..... (and always imo have)-- spoken their own very good story.....-- --.....and I talk of the five and six year--- year on year on year on year compounding wealth numbers-- with a five year consistency history of increasing Return on Equity--and such consistently high Returns of Capital thru Fully franked Dividends ....as well uniquely of increases in share price for the last year of in excess of 157%.....:)

It (PBD) also has a unique mgt skill set.... the mgt were the founders of Cedar Woods Properties....but that is another story, for maybe another day ....

Kindest Regards,

soulman
28-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi Robbo,

Your picks always work. Your recent example of RFG is just another gem for your loyal follower. I wished I follow on that.

PBD is one of the great performer in the ASX 300 for the past 2 years, I have no doubt. Yield and Cap Gain. I wished I haven't sold at $1.18 a few years back.

robbo
30-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Keep on keeping on with PBD....

Good news everyone...is that, (PBD) is....Up another 7% again today...

$4.50 only a blink away me feels...

Kind Regards,

Robbo

robbo
01-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Port Bouvard (PBD)

Make tha 'blink in the last (PBD) post a few days ago-- only,
a nano-second....

-- PBD is up 21% this week-- and is now closing in fast on the %5.00 range-- and why would it not with a sky high ROE (which is undergirded by five to six-- consecutive years of higher than 38% --(ROE) and last 3 years of higher than 50% consecutive Returns on Capital) for PBD--- happy, happy, happy--- :D:)[8D] Investors)-- and such a low, low PE...!!

Excellent Cash Flow, moats, sustainable class leading profit margins, barriers to entry, strong and great brand equity, good ethical proven stable innovative management, 'a inner franchise with intrinsic value'-- highest in Australia consecutive ROE;s, strong and steady and grwoing consecutive period on period..... earnings,increasing Sales & Revenues, superior marketing, excellent position, margin of safety--it is ALL There with PBD imo...!!

Just really do absolutely Love -- this Investment Grade, undrvalued (imo) High Intrinsic Value-- company-- Port Bouvard.... (PBD)--!! [^][^][^]-- and also love the fully franked dividends...which are among the very highest in Australia as well....

Kindest Regards,

edison
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Robbo,

What happened to PBD? Dropped like a stone! Are u still in this? Looks like their profits are down heaps!

robbo
06-03-2007, 06:16 PM
(PBD)

Hi Edison,

As a property development company-- it(PBD) finished seeling all of Port Bouvarde Esxtate----very very successfullt!!-- --and is now.... re doing..... another Land/Property Release--and so this is quite normal and understandable.

Regards,

swissboy
31-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Any inside knowledge as to the 4 day trading halt anybody please. Stock reduced 20.53% since I brought

robbo
31-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Port Bouvarde. ()PBD)

Interesting terminology in your question Swiss boy....

Your sorta.... not exactly .... helping folks..... (whoever they may or may not ever be..??-- )-- to try to help you ....

Kindest Regards,

robbo :)

salsanova
12-04-2007, 05:13 PM
hello ,anyone interested in property shares ,this one came up tuesdays scan so brought in yesterday @ $2.74 and have lift off if the charts are anything to go by this could be in for a good run ,as volume is up and bottom tend now broken. $3 this afternoon and a shortage of sellers looks good for upward momentum anyone got any news as to the reason for the breakout

swissboy
17-11-2009, 05:04 PM
anyone have any idea on how much longer PBD will be suspended???

swissboy
16-12-2009, 10:53 AM
The Chairman's address at the AGM stated finances s/be sorted by early December.
It is now more than 1/2 way through. Why not keep us informed ???

mark100
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Could be a ground floor opportunity here. Effectively back from the dead. Rights issue being conducted at 1.5c (with bonus options) to raise $40m, property back in favour etc. More research required on my part but I grabbed a few before the ex date as you can apply for extra shares in the case of a shortfall

Joshuatree
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I think FKP gave theirs away to Mulpha.$2,319,798 for 185.583,842 shares

FKP also sold 50% int in The Milton for $28 million and a 14 hect site for $18 mill to PBD on 15th oct (announcement anyway). PBD doing the raise for this maybe.

mark100
29-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Great potential leverage from the new PBDO options. Two years to run, 2.25c strike, current share price 1.4c, NTA 1.5c

mark100
03-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Moving a bit today

mark100
14-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Could be a ground floor opportunity here. Effectively back from the dead. Rights issue being conducted at 1.5c (with bonus options) to raise $40m, property back in favour etc. More research required on my part but I grabbed a few before the ex date as you can apply for extra shares in the case of a shortfall

And there is a 100% return on the entitlement issue incl the options after just a month