PDA

View Full Version : Platinum

jacko
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I want to invest in a Platinum company. I am considering AQP but have concerns about energy supply problems in the African zone. I would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Dazza
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I want to invest in a Platinum company. I am considering AQP but have concerns about energy supply problems in the African zone. I would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

PLA i hold

go reserach it

its about to start mining soonish :D

Zephyrus
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Ditto on Platinum Australia (PLA).

Will be producing soon & ramping up to approx half of AQPs production profile (within a couple of years). Market Cap is 1/7th of AQP so plenty of growth to come, assuming platinum price holds up.

PLA will be relatively unnaffected by the power crisis in S. Africa as they will be mostly open pit mining.

Cheers,
J.

jacko
04-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Dazza and Zephyrus

Thanks for your replies. I agree PLA and AQP are the best candidates - probably PLA the better of the two as the African power supply is a worry.

Jack

COLIN
30-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I have been casting around, the last couple of hours, for a new investment field to fire my imagination (this Xmas/New Year gap can be boring!) and have started to get interested in platinum - something I should have done some time ago, by the looks of the price chart. I know virtually nothing about the subject but this thread seems to be the most recent one of relevance. PLA seems to have languished of late, leaving AQP and NKP - although there are no doubt others I have missed. As between AQP and NKP, the latter's chart seems to be the more promising, particularly the options (NKPO) but, as I say, my knowledge base is virtually non-existent at this stage.

So, all you wise ones, who is up with the play?

drillfix
31-12-2009, 01:34 AM
PLA is good, but I myself have been watching NKP for a while now.

I feel like an absolute goose when things just away on ya, meaning, NKPO was gonna buy @ 9 or 10 cents a while back but got caught up as I am limited in my funds. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I dont care what is, providing its in a good strong uptrend, which means I better think about dumping some of my other dogs and getting a couple of good Sled Dogs with one pack leader ;)

JBmurc
31-12-2009, 11:16 AM
PLA is good, but I myself have been watching NKP for a while now.

I feel like an absolute goose when things just away on ya, meaning, NKPO was gonna buy @ 9 or 10 cents a while back but got caught up as I am limited in my funds. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I dont care what is, providing its in a good strong uptrend, which means I better think about dumping some of my other dogs and getting a couple of good Sled Dogs with one pack leader ;)

your not the only one I had buy orders only 1c from NKP buys to have missed out back in the ow 30's

drillfix
31-12-2009, 11:29 AM
your not the only one I had buy orders only 1c from NKP buys to have missed out back in the ow 30's

Sheez JB, ain't life a nice back scratch followed by a swift kick up the arse at times to wake us up. :rolleyes:

shasta
31-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I have been casting around, the last couple of hours, for a new investment field to fire my imagination (this Xmas/New Year gap can be boring!) and have started to get interested in platinum - something I should have done some time ago, by the looks of the price chart. I know virtually nothing about the subject but this thread seems to be the most recent one of relevance. PLA seems to have languished of late, leaving AQP and NKP - although there are no doubt others I have missed. As between AQP and NKP, the latter's chart seems to be the more promising, particularly the options (NKPO) but, as I say, my knowledge base is virtually non-existent at this stage.

So, all you wise ones, who is up with the play?

I'll check my various watchlists for any Platinum companies that are worth a further look.

Here's one: PGM:ASX (Small Cap ~$20m, but promising)

http://www.platinaresources.com.au/annoucements/announcements_pdf/121109/2009.11.12%20-%20PGM%20Presentation.pdf

I'm following them closely, as this should double in SP during 2010.

airedale
31-12-2009, 01:58 PM
PLA has been trading between .90 and #1.00 for the last few months, but has recently broken out above $1.00 on reasonable volume.
Discl: Holding PLA

drillfix
31-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll check my various watchlists for any Platinum companies that are worth a further look.

Here's one: PGM:ASX (Small Cap ~$20m, but promising)

I'm following them closely, as this should double in SP during 2010.

Hi Shasta, how are ya buddy, good to see you back in posting action. ;)

PGM,
Yes, another South African Plat Pay, have jumped in and out on this one a couple times but found that the spread can sometimes be either your best friend or wost enemy..lol

atm, (and for sometime) we have had lots and lots of sideways movement on this one, it really needs to make a break past 40+ cents to start the ball rolling however for a platinum play its quite cheap.

So, whilst in this sideways range, buy the lows and sell the highs is all I gotta say.

Well thats me :p ;)

shasta
31-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Shasta, how are ya buddy, good to see you back in posting action. ;)

PGM,
Yes, another South African Plat Pay, have jumped in and out on this one a couple times but found that the spread can sometimes be either your best friend or wost enemy..lol

atm, (and for sometime) we have had lots and lots of sideways movement on this one, it really needs to make a break past 40+ cents to start the ball rolling however for a platinum play its quite cheap.

So, whilst in this sideways range, buy the lows and sell the highs is all I gotta say.

Well thats me :p ;)

I moved house & it took Telstra 10 days to get my broadband sorted.

All good now, & looking for 2010 gems :D

Hope the holidays have been kind to you

Sehnsucht888
31-12-2009, 02:34 PM
PLA got to around $3 before the GFC, then dropped to around 50c.. . Platinum prices dropped off hugely I see as part of the reason, but since then prices are 60%+ over what they got down too, yet the rebound has been very low..
I expected better..

ormond
31-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Thanks
SLV is another platinum producer.

airedale
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
PLA has been trading between .90 and #1.00 for the last few months, but has recently broken out above $1.00 on reasonable volume.
Discl: Holding PLA

PLA up 7% to $1.15 to day. Good volume also. Platinum on the world market has recently moved up in price.
Discl: holding PLA

COLIN
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
PLA up 7% to $1.15 to day. Good volume also. Platinum on the world market has recently moved up in price.
Discl: holding PLA

And NKPO up 10% today. Am not unhappy with having bought more last week.

COLIN
13-01-2010, 10:40 PM
On a "down" day for mining stocks in general, it was good to see a steady little climb in NKP.
For those interested in where platinum could be heading ( I certainly am) I suggest you check out the SLV thread where there are some useful links.

macduffy
15-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Here's a SP comparison of PMG stocks from Mineweb.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page35?oid=95909&sn=Detail

There's been some stunning performances from lows!

shasta
15-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Here's a SP comparison of PMG stocks from Mineweb.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page35?oid=95909&sn=Detail

Cheers for the link Macduffy, some weekend reading ;)

macduffy
18-01-2010, 08:20 AM
China's auto production continues to boom.

Good news for platinum producers!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601089&sid=av3dPlponcBw

;)

macduffy
18-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Still on about platinum!

Nice chart of 12 month price trend.

http://www.infomine.com/investment/charts.aspx?mv=1&f=f&r=1y&c=cplatinum.xusd.uoz#chart

Palladium and Rhodium, the other main PGM metals, look good too.

;)

macduffy
20-01-2010, 08:48 AM
More good news for the PMG producers.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-business/savvy-investors-flock-to-etfs-20100119-mix0.html

Anyone else interested in these metals?

:cool:

airedale
20-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi, Macd, I picked PLA in this year's comp. Averaged in at .98. Sitting @$1.25 today. Producing in South Africa, and they have a reliable power supply,unlike some other miners there.

COLIN
25-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Platinum stocks seem to be bucking the trend, on a rather gloomy day. PLA, AQP and NKP all up (haven't checked any others).

airedale
25-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes I wonder what is holding them up, because platinum, like the other precious metals have come off their recent highs, as the US$ index strengthens. Perhaps it is consolidation/takeover speculation, perhaps the US$ index will weaken again [my pick]. So is it a case of buy on the dips?;)

macduffy
25-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Unlike gold, PMG prices and PMG stocks still have a long way to come back to former high levels, the demand for platinum, palladium and especially rhodium looks to be firming. Plenty of reasons for these stocks to do well.

:cool:

asc4
08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
NKP storming up so far today. Final BFS on the horizon, and then possible Xstrata JV.

Anyone interested in NKP?

drillfix
08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Yep, interested. Had thought it was going to test 42c previously, but never did. Now moving above the 20per ma which is good, although it will test some resistance at 54 & 58c accordingly should it continue.

Good thing is though it has broken through intermediate resistance @ 50.5c RSI looks good above 50, higher volume so I think we may see another leg up should the market gods run in favour of stocks.

edit:

Actually, Im now the options for a small holding.

asc4
18-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey Drill,

Looks like that 54 resistance is holding up, hopefully it can punch thru today. I'm happy with the support being around the 50-52 range. Its nice to see movement in this stock with a bit of a wait on the cards till any news in regards to BFS and Xstrata, people keen on building positions.

Happy to hold, with BFS coming April/May. :)

drillfix
18-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Drill,

Looks like that 54 resistance is holding up, hopefully it can punch thru today. I'm happy with the support being around the 50-52 range. Its nice to see movement in this stock with a bit of a wait on the cards till any news in regards to BFS and Xstrata, people keen on building positions.

Happy to hold, with BFS coming April/May. :)

Hi asc,

yes it would be good to see a punch though, though but it appears it will trade between 49c and 55c for probably up to that time.

I originally entered into this for a swing trade, but I am thinking about bailing and coming back a bit close to the time of "real action", as this one seems to be currently tying my funds up.

Whilst the stocks trades above the 8ma train, I will stay with it, should it break past the 20ma I will be out.

Good luck with this one, and here's to some good news soon~!

macduffy
21-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Barclays expecting higher platinum prices.

http://www.sharecafe.com.au/fnarena_news.asp?a=AV&ai=16135