PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the scary posts In big coloured letters?

ratkin
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Why are certain posters flooding the boards with negative posts regarding the bear market?

They find a negative article , highlight underline and put the scary bits in a different colour , enlarge the emotive words and generally try to make the article as worrying as possible.

What is the motivation for this?

Steve
07-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Why are certain posters flooding the boards with negative posts regarding the bear market?

They find a negative article , highlight underline and put the scary bits in a different colour , enlarge the emotive words and generally try to make the article as worrying as possible.

A 'Chicken Little' complex?! ;)

CJ
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
the risk is that these things can become self perpetuating.

Hoop
08-04-2008, 09:19 AM

Just to let readers skim over a long written articles and get the posted message across to readers quicker.

I am a person with little spare time and will not read long winded articles on sharetrader if it is all in monotone.

I enjoy reading colourful posts... thought I make life easier for readers so I started using a different colours to highlight the major points of my long written posts as well.

Obviously it seems some posters having differing degrees of paranoia and I was not aware we had sharetrader members which were members of the conspiracy theory club.
It seems that from this thread that the posters have plenty of idle time so I will go back to my boring monotone and not use colour (apart from my traditional green quotes)....happy now?

ooops ..that was red...oh dear here comes more paranoia :eek:

Hoop
08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
What's this Ratkin???? :eek::eek:
You should be so ashamed :p:p

PS I like your post.. hmmmmmm..a little scary... but love your fonts, and it's nice and colourful :D

STRAT
25-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Im with Hoop on this one. Tricha for example seems to me to be well read and to my way of thinking is passing on what he considers to be relevant articles. The big letters give the reader a chance to quickly slim over the post and decide if the rest warrants reading. From that point its up to us to decide if the information is worth taking on board or not