PDA

View Full Version : portfolio recording

pago
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
hi, it seems national bank of nz is to close its online trading /portfolio recording on 21/6/08.im looking for a portfolio recording service online.not portfolio management.simply a service that records price movements of shares on the asx and converts $nz daily.it doesnt have to be free.im happy to pay for a reliable service.i already use asb portfolio.i like to record on several portfolio accounts to keep them honest.any suggestions would be appreciated,cheers pago.

Steve
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Change to Direct Broking and use theirs?

Lizard
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Not sure if Sharesight works for this - I signed up for the free trial and haven't had time to use it. The thought of getting all the FDR reports etc seemed fairly tempting!

voltage
10-04-2008, 11:24 AM
use http://finance.google.com/finance, you can add whatever country updates within 20 mins and it is free

tobo
20-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Related topic - does anyone know if it is possible to download a (20minute delayed) sp onto an exel spreadsheet.

I saw it described for US tikkers but did not work for me for ASX/NZX

My spreadsheet has grown quite sophisticated but I manually type in sp.s

POSSUM THE CAT
20-04-2008, 03:07 PM
tobo you can down load csv values from nzx into excell spreadsheet updated about every half hour

tobo
20-04-2008, 08:16 PM
PtC, Are you referring to getting a CSV file for each letter of the alphabet, and then I would have to copy that info to my spreadsheet (which has all my calculations ands reports on it) ?
If not, where on NZX do you mean? (I did look but did not see anything else).

I am trying to get updated prices in particular cells in my spreadsheet

OldRider
21-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Link for NZX prices:
http://www.nzx.com/p_csv_by_security.csv?code=ALL

I have used this for years, similarly for ASX from Cooltrader.

My method is to cut and paste into an empty page in the spreadsheet, then use the
Lookup function to copy required prices into correct cell. Next clear page used for data ready for the next days entry. Ihave written a macro which does the job, plus a few other sorts, in seconds.