PDA

View Full Version : CFD Trading simulators

youngf
14-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Probably a long shot... Has anyone come across any CFD trading simulators pertinent to the Australian Stock Market AND is open for New Zealand residents to use? I know the ASX has a CFD "Game" simulator on their site, but their terms seem to imply that it is only open to Residents of Australia and the registration form requires the filling out of Australian Contact Details.

Thanks in advance

AMR
14-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Have you heard of "Lying on an application form"?:D:D

Steve
14-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Have you heard of "Lying on an application form"?:D:D

I don't think that WE should be teaching Junior Members bad habits, should WE, AMR?! ;)

AMR
15-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes Steve, we shouldn't, although apparently there is a North Shore, Auckland, in New South Wales as well!:)

I've actually done that with the CFD game, it's not that great to be honest, the range of CFDs is very limited. I would in fact avoid Share CFDs for short term trading and focus on CFD futures in preparation for a transition to real futures.

youngf
20-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the replies.
AMR, Regarding "CFD Futures". Do you know of any organization offering these within Australia (or New Zealand), and also, do you know of any trading simulator for these? Again, I've looked around, but haven't been able to locate any information. Thanks.

AMR
20-04-2008, 02:21 PM
The Oanda FX game is free and unlimited, so it's a good way to start as well - It's Forrex but the technicals are still the same. (www.oanda.com)