PDA

View Full Version : Carnarvon CVN

airedale
16-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Carnarvon have just revised upwards their Thai reserves by 300%.The JV expects to accelarate the 2008 drilling programme. Good lift in the SP today.
Discl : Holding CVN

bermuda
16-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Carnarvon have just revised upwards their Thai reserves by 300%.The JV expects to accelarate the 2008 drilling programme. Good lift in the SP today.

Airedale,
One of my ASX picks. Nice comfortable feeling.

Steve
19-04-2008, 02:55 PM

It was obviously just a slight underestimation... ;)

airedale
19-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes, Steve, I am looking forward to more slight underestimations.:)

shasta
06-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, Steve, I am looking forward to more slight underestimations.:)

Just finished reading CVN's presentation out today, busy 2008 ahead!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVN&E=ASX&N=409567

airedale
25-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Good flow results from today's ann on Stocknessmonster.
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVN&E=ASX&N=414932

zorba
29-07-2008, 01:45 PM
CVN announcement:

CEO Ted Jacobson has bought another 100,000 shares to add to his nearly 30 million he already has.

Jacobson was previously co-founder and technical director of Tap Oil and oversaw its growth to a market cap > $400m.

Recently two good CVN announcements with new drill flows of 1,245 and 2,250 barrels per day in the Na Sanun East oil field, total field flows projected to reach 15,000 b/d by year end.

Quarterly due out this week should be positive.

CVN currently trading near its year to date lows.

Good buying opportunity.

Z

bermuda
29-07-2008, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=zorba;215463]CVN announcement:

CEO Ted Jacobson has bought another 100,000 shares to add to his nearly 30 million he already has.

Jacobson was previously co-founder and technical director of Tap Oil and oversaw its growth to a market cap > $400m.

Recently two good CVN announcements with new drill flows of 1,245 and 2,250 barrels per day in the Na Sanun East oil field, total field flows projected to reach 15,000 b/d by year end.

Quarterly due out this week should be positive.

CVN currently trading near its year to date lows.

Yes, way oversold. Just like a lot of other oilers. There are a lot of analysts that really think oil is going back to $US70. They just dont analyse hard enough or are they just general analysts.?

When all seems bleak, that is the best time to buy. Best to wait for a clear bottom though.

Good buying opportunity.

ELYOB
30-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Not all rosy around the brokers in Perth re CVN is the word . Quarterly not out yet . The word is beware , price could see 40c . I dont know what they are on about but the price is dead as a cat after .........!

yogi-in-oz
30-07-2008, 05:54 PM
:)

Hi G,

Good to see you posting again ... :)

CVN ... our astrostuff indicates some serious negative time cycles in play
over the next couple of months, particularly around 18-19082008 ... :)

..... and next round of positive cycles on CVN should begin, around 06102008
and be particularly strong, about 20-27102008 (???)

More later.

have a great day

paul

=====

AMR
01-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Word from TA land is that CVN just broke a support today...

Way oversold? Or something fundamentally stuffed? I've been looking to enter for a while now.

airedale
03-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Word from TA land is that CVN just broke a support today...

Way oversold? Or something fundamentally stuffed? I've been looking to enter for a while now.

Yes there was good support at .45, worth keeping an eye on it from here.
Previous anns were positive, increasing production, increased POO,etc...
Is it being savaged by the bear?

ELYOB
03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
TRADING AT 40C on Friday .... this is what we predicted . Yogi i think you have a good call here . the punters only want to see what they dream . Oilers sometimes only talk about the good side , and dont say anything about the things going wrong . Beware over the next few .....whatever

airedale
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Elyob, I hope that you scooped up your share at 40c on Friday. You could have made a quick 10% today.;)

AMR
06-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi Elyob, I hope that you scooped up your share at 40c on Friday. You could have made a quick 10% today.;)

I hope he didn't!

ELYOB
06-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Well well~! Now as I posted and Yogi has analysed , we tried to inform yus all about the Thia trap with this oiler .

CVN has been trading under 37c [ now that is not above 40c ] and the direction is down down down ....This stock is being dumped on ....someone knows something that is not quite right . JPMorgan is said to be one but my investigation says it is coming from a spread of brokers .

Yogi I feel your call is good and we could possibly see worse times here before it gets better

AMR
27-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Went and bought some CVN today, good support in the mid 40s.

bermuda
27-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Went and bought some CVN today, good support in the mid 40s.

AMR,
I think you made a very good decision. I dont hold because I never expose myself to foreign country politics.

But this one is set to fly. Always have liked it and has been knocked down like the rest.

Have heard some very good things going forward.

brettdale
27-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Better put it on my watch list.

AMR
27-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Better put it on my watch list.

Fundamentals look good, it's a very low cost producer. On a low PE ratio as well. I think it may be better to wait a day or two for an entry now, I was chasing a signal and I've gone and overcooked it (it's formed a pin bar now). Try to get in as close as possible above 43c.

AMR
31-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Oh dear. Riots and sit-ins. Not this again.

Thai PM consults king over escalating protests

19 hours ago
BANGKOK (AFP) — Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej consulted the king over escalating protests Saturday, after demonstrators forced Phuket's airport to close indefinitely in their drive to force the premier from office.
With his government offices besieged for a fifth day by a 15,000-strong protest rally, Samak left Bangkok vowing not to bow to the their demands.
"I want to reassure the public that I will continue to carry on in my job. I will not surrender, I will not quit," he told an audience at a prearranged event on national reconciliation.
Supporters of the so-called People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) have been squatting in the grounds of Government House since Tuesday, with 45 of their guards breaking into the now-empty main office building briefly on Saturday before their leaders told them to retreat.
Since Tuesday Samak Sundaravej has worked out of defence complexes, including the military headquarters and the defence ministry.
The PAD expanded their campaign across the country on Friday, forcing the closure of three regional airports, provoking railway strikes and clashing with riot police in Bangkok.
The group's founder, media tycoon Sondhi Limthongkul, told reporters the protests would continue.
"PAD members have agreed not to give up. Since they (Samak's party) took power in the election, they are trying to manipulate politics and interfere in the justice system," Sondhi said.
After skirmishes with police on Friday caused minor injuries and rattled nerves in the coup-prone kingdom, Samak flew to the king's residence in the nearby town of Hua Hin, returning to Bangkok Saturday morning.
He flew again to Hua Hin Saturday afternoon for a prearranged audience with the king, but said nothing to reporters on his return to Bangkok at 8:00 pm (1300 GMT).
The PAD protesters accuse Samak of acting as a puppet for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who they helped topple in 2006.
The PAD rails against popular democracy, saying it has encouraged corruption, and has openly called for the palace, the military and Thailand's traditional elite to take a greater role in politics.
Although the demonstrators regularly invoke the king, both in speeches and with royalist imagery, he has remained silent in the current standoff.
The king has little formal political power, but he holds enormous sway over his subjects and has acted as a referee during past political crises in his six decades on the throne.
Airports in the holiday resort of Phuket and two other southern towns were closed on Friday as protesters marched on them.
One small airport reopened Saturday, but 15,000 passengers remain stranded on Phuket, with its airport now shut indefinitely, the airport's director Wicha Nurnlop told reporters.
About one quarter of Thailand's rail services have also been halted since Friday, after nearly 250 drivers and mechanics called in sick to support the protests.
PAD protesters have been demonstrating against Samak since May, but they stepped up their movement on Tuesday by storming a TV station and the Government House grounds.
The turmoil has raised fears of a new coup in a country that has seen 18 military takeovers since the end of absolute monarchy in 1932.
The powerful army chief, General Anupong Paojinda, has so far insisted that the military will not return to the streets.
Hoping to defuse the crisis, Samak has called for an emergency parliamentary debate on Sunday, but has refused to step down or call new elections.

shasta
02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh dear. Riots and sit-ins. Not this again.

Thai PM consults king over escalating protests

19 hours ago
BANGKOK (AFP) — Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej consulted the king over escalating protests Saturday, after demonstrators forced Phuket's airport to close indefinitely in their drive to force the premier from office.
With his government offices besieged for a fifth day by a 15,000-strong protest rally, Samak left Bangkok vowing not to bow to the their demands.
"I want to reassure the public that I will continue to carry on in my job. I will not surrender, I will not quit," he told an audience at a prearranged event on national reconciliation.
Supporters of the so-called People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) have been squatting in the grounds of Government House since Tuesday, with 45 of their guards breaking into the now-empty main office building briefly on Saturday before their leaders told them to retreat.
Since Tuesday Samak Sundaravej has worked out of defence complexes, including the military headquarters and the defence ministry.
The PAD expanded their campaign across the country on Friday, forcing the closure of three regional airports, provoking railway strikes and clashing with riot police in Bangkok.
The group's founder, media tycoon Sondhi Limthongkul, told reporters the protests would continue.
"PAD members have agreed not to give up. Since they (Samak's party) took power in the election, they are trying to manipulate politics and interfere in the justice system," Sondhi said.
After skirmishes with police on Friday caused minor injuries and rattled nerves in the coup-prone kingdom, Samak flew to the king's residence in the nearby town of Hua Hin, returning to Bangkok Saturday morning.
He flew again to Hua Hin Saturday afternoon for a prearranged audience with the king, but said nothing to reporters on his return to Bangkok at 8:00 pm (1300 GMT).
The PAD protesters accuse Samak of acting as a puppet for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who they helped topple in 2006.
The PAD rails against popular democracy, saying it has encouraged corruption, and has openly called for the palace, the military and Thailand's traditional elite to take a greater role in politics.
Although the demonstrators regularly invoke the king, both in speeches and with royalist imagery, he has remained silent in the current standoff.
The king has little formal political power, but he holds enormous sway over his subjects and has acted as a referee during past political crises in his six decades on the throne.
Airports in the holiday resort of Phuket and two other southern towns were closed on Friday as protesters marched on them.
One small airport reopened Saturday, but 15,000 passengers remain stranded on Phuket, with its airport now shut indefinitely, the airport's director Wicha Nurnlop told reporters.
About one quarter of Thailand's rail services have also been halted since Friday, after nearly 250 drivers and mechanics called in sick to support the protests.
PAD protesters have been demonstrating against Samak since May, but they stepped up their movement on Tuesday by storming a TV station and the Government House grounds.
The turmoil has raised fears of a new coup in a country that has seen 18 military takeovers since the end of absolute monarchy in 1932.
The powerful army chief, General Anupong Paojinda, has so far insisted that the military will not return to the streets.
Hoping to defuse the crisis, Samak has called for an emergency parliamentary debate on Sunday, but has refused to step down or call new elections.

CVN presentation from the "Good Oil Conference"

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVN&E=ASX&N=419565

Crypto Crude
08-10-2008, 12:38 PM
CVN is a stand out...
on target for 15,000 BOPD by years end...
oh golly gosh... so many ripping it up oilers out there...
:cool:
.^sc

airedale
08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
CVN is a stand out...
.^sc

And revenue of 17.5 million US$/ month....

Crypto Crude
12-10-2008, 10:15 PM
hey airedale,
This is fundamentally a very very sound company...
quite abit of soverign risk at the moment making this stock ever more cheaper...
perhaps just abit of caution there...
when the markets pull out of this CVN could easily shoot to one buck over 3-4 months...
I gotta shoot myself Airedale...
im going underground...
later...
.^sc

pago
12-10-2008, 11:20 PM
CVN is a stand out...
.^sc

hi shrewd, i like cvn,after many months i am now cherry picking and bought a few cvn on friday,not ideal as per political issues but everything else stacks up.hmm risk/reward lets see,cheers pago.

yogi-in-oz
20-10-2008, 04:37 AM

Hi folks,

CVN ... expecting one positive time cycle, in the week ahead ... :)

Updated CVN chart attached, below:

http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24943&stc=1&d=1224429488

have a great day

paul

=====

bermuda
20-10-2008, 08:13 AM
CVN is a stand out...
.^sc

A good one Shrewdy but it is offshore and in Thailand the more you produce, the more the Thai Govt take.

One of my picks but not one of my investments.

shasta
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
A good one Shrewdy but it is offshore and in Thailand the more you produce, the more the Thai Govt take.

One of my picks but not one of my investments.

CVN - November Investor Presentation :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVN&E=ASX&N=428985

Corporate
11-11-2008, 08:46 PM
CVN is a stand out...
.^sc

SC doing a bit of research on CVN at the moment. Where did you get 15k from? arent they aiming for 6k?

Crypto Crude
12-11-2008, 01:31 AM
shephejame,
sorry for the misleading post... I should have said they were gross rates...
The company is targeting gross field production rates of 15,000 by the end of the year...
40% stake...
15,000*.4= 6000 BOPD net to CVN
WOW...
this company is on track to eventually get to 15,000 BOPD...
cash backing growing quickly...
This is fast becoming and ASX top producer... hold on for the ride...
performance goes up... share price goes down...
yeaahhhh hhharrrgghhh...
hold on Pago, enjoy this one...
fundamentally its worth a buck....
.^sc

AMR
12-11-2008, 02:14 AM
fundamentally its worth a buck....
.^sc

Twas what they said back at 80c....and what I thought when I bought at 47c :(

Crypto Crude
12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
dont worry about it AMR,
sometimes you are going to hold positions that fall 20% before they run a bagger... other times it comes straight off the bat...
its just the way this game is...(I add-made way more difficult with current market situation)
just think about where this will be in one year/ a few and hold all the way...
I would not suggest averaging down unless you are very confident about any company, (ie so you dont get into the trouble of averaging down and down and down)... I think its safe to say that averaging down this time is ok...:D....
.^sc

shasta
19-11-2008, 05:01 PM
dont worry about it AMR,
sometimes you are going to hold positions that fall 20% before they run a bagger... other times it comes straight off the bat...
its just the way this game is...(I add-made way more difficult with current market situation)
just think about where this will be in one year/ a few and hold all the way...
I would not suggest averaging down unless you are very confident about any company, (ie so you dont get into the trouble of averaging down and down and down)... I think its safe to say that averaging down this time is ok...:D....
.^sc

CVN - Another Development well on Production :cool:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVN&E=ASX&N=429821

pedro.nz
23-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Interest being shown in CVN.

(Found by using the DEEL Momentum Filter - Metastock)

ELYOB
26-03-2009, 03:54 PM
No material news with directors flogging options , sign of retreat....

Dont trust close brokers ..... See what Hartleys did ...... now what?????

airedale
26-03-2009, 04:08 PM
No material news with directors flogging options , sign of retreat....

Dont trust close brokers ..... See what Hartleys did ...... now what?????

The announcement actually said that the directors were selling some of their shares and would use the money to exercise their options in CVN.
That does not look like " a sign of retreat" to me.

ELYOB
30-03-2009, 02:22 PM
CVN puts out a presentation this morning , and we sink back ...... CVN is a sell around the brokers , as it is hostage to the weak oil price .

Now if poo were to go to USD$75+ + c ..... CVN could be expected to work to their model in the presentation . CVN POO price will not average USD$58bblo this quarter finishing , and heavy taxes and royalties has wiped the cash pile advance .

Nothing here for the trader, but long term 12 months with potentially higher poo , and another increase in reserves , may see a few cents more for the investor .

Sold today 36c , dyor

yogi-in-oz
30-03-2009, 03:33 PM

Hi G,

Good to see you posting again.

CVN ... expecting it to be booming, in Feb/March 2010.

happy trading

paul

=====

ELYOB
31-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Ok Yogi with yu , read yu posts around the patch , watch BPT and HZN , all is going to happen for both , but poo is sh_t aagin tonite ...aaaaaaaaaaerrrrgh!

airedale
24-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Five cent rise to 43 cents on strong volume today. Might be time to get back in,Elyob.:rolleyes:

mattyroo
25-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I got back into this one in the low thirties a few weeks back, after finally watching it rise out of the mid twenties it had been in for the previous 6 months. Very happy so far.

Hopefully we can get above the 75c we hit last year!

ELYOB
26-04-2009, 01:23 PM
CVN is doing well but it has to have an impressive quarterly . Good oilers are just not going anywhere atm

mattyroo
27-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks for that AA! I bought in a fraction above the blue line.... so your analysis just underlined my buy sentiment.

I think a fair amount of accumulation is to come, as now that CVN is an ASX 200 stock, it will be required to be held by a lot of fund managers.

mattyroo
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Still running strongly.

I have noticed that at the end of each day (quite often after closing) there is some huge buying pressure that usually gives it another 1 - 1.5c further run. Who would be doing this? Instos?

airedale
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
CVN is doing well but it has to have an impressive quarterly . Good oilers are just not going anywhere atm

CVN up 20% today.:)

airedale
28-05-2009, 02:29 PM
CVN up 4 cents today on news of a new oil find.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=CVN&N=448156

Crypto Crude
29-05-2009, 04:54 AM
well...
still one of the Best ASX producers/market cap.....
one buck still on target...

oil now at 6 month highs...
$64.50 US....
.^sc

Huang Chung
29-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Having a look at CVN's latest presentation, doesn't the taxation that they are subjected to in Thailand seem a bit extreme??

Sort of counteracts their cheap development costs.

Be interested in other people's thoughts.

mattyroo
29-05-2009, 11:36 PM
And another 7 cents up today... It's been a beautiful ride over the last 5 weeks, up over 100% on my initial purchase and 50% on some more that I bought on the way up.

HC - Yes, the taxation is on the high side with their Thai production, but that is the nature of some of these countries. Hopefully they can negotiate a better deal once they (and POE - who is operator) become more of a force in the Thai E+P business.

shasta
30-05-2009, 12:22 AM
And another 7 cents up today... It's been a beautiful ride over the last 5 weeks, up over 100% on my initial purchase and 50% on some more that I bought on the way up.

HC - Yes, the taxation is on the high side with their Thai production, but that is the nature of some of these countries. Hopefully they can negotiate a better deal once they (and POE - who is operator) become more of a force in the Thai E+P business.

They say a picture paints a thousand words, so ...

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=CVN&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

Huang Chung
30-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Beautiful ride, alright....a bit like Silver Lake in the gold space.

I've been open to the idea of buying an oiler, and CVN came on my radar, but, like SLR, it seems to have pushed on too far to buy in now.

mattyroo
05-06-2009, 11:00 PM

Up over 100% since you posted this ELYOB. Please have another go at posting something negative.... another 100% rise would just make my year!

On target to break a buck by end of June, if not before!

mattyroo
11-06-2009, 06:33 PM
You could take a look at NDO

Thanks KW. I did well out of NDO 12 months ago - since then it has fallen off my radar. Had a look again today - seems to be some interesting trading, looks like bots buying - usually a good sign.

Has had a good climb in the last couple of months, and still looking reasonably strong.

Ketel One
16-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Have been watching CVN's chart for a while, looks like its convincingly broken its down trend.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/kj03fj5k.png

ELYOB
15-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Up over 100% since you posted this ELYOB. Please have another go at posting something negative.... another 100% rise would just make my year!

On target to break a buck by end of June, if not before!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After my posts , CVN did eventually fall away from poor performance , just took a bit of time . Always been positive on the CVN though . So there you have it ...mattyroo.

Well next couple of weeks I am expecting a spark under this , and the start of the new leg up . This will be the beginning of strength into H2 10 . May be time to load up . Refer to recent announcements .....impressive start , and expect new(s) flow from now on .

mattyroo
24-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Starting to watch this closely again.... Looks like it may have turned the corner and be heading up.

I've done exceptionally well out of CVN over the last few years, have found it very easy to pick up a 30 - 40c ride out of. Here's hoping for another one.

JBmurc
24-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Starting to watch this closely again.... Looks like it may have turned the corner and be heading up.

I've done exceptionally well out of CVN over the last few years, have found it very easy to pick up a 30 - 40c ride out of. Here's hoping for another one.

I see in the latest Aus share investor -there was a small piece on CVN basically showing up it's good fundamentals

not currently holding

mattyroo
01-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Shoulda bought already shouldnt I.....

Hopefully will take a breather and drop back a peg, maybe grab some then. Looks like the traders are on to it again so should be able to get 20c out of it in quick time, and if it breaks that ceiling at 85c, it will be all on.

airedale
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi, Matty, I got in again on 29/12 at $.59 with an initial small position. So will be watching to increase/ or exit my position over the next few weeks.

bermuda
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Large caps OSH, STO, WPL
Mid caps HZN, ESG, CVN
Small caps TXN, VPE, COI, NGE

airedale
20-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Large caps OSH, STO, WPL
Mid caps HZN, ESG, CVN
Small caps TXN, VPE, COI, NGE

Thanks, Bermuda.:)

airedale
20-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Mattyroo, are you still watching CVN.? After a short run up, then back to .59. it might be finding support here.;)

Discl: still holding

yogi-in-oz
25-01-2010, 04:18 AM

Hi folks,

CVN ... astrocycles have us figuring on March 2010, as being a huge month,
as several positive time cycles come into play:

24022010 ... positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

05-08032010 ... a positive spotlight on CVN

10032010 ... positive news expected, triggered by lunar aspect.

15032010 ... minor cycle here

22-26032010 ... a very significant and positive time cycle,
with more news expected 25-26032010 ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

yogi-in-oz
20-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Posted 24 - 01 - 2010:

Hi folks,

CVN ... astrocycles have us figuring on March 2010, as being a huge month,
as several positive time cycles come into play:

24022010 ... positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

05-08032010 ... a positive spotlight on CVN

10032010 ... positive news expected, triggered by lunar aspect.

15032010 ... minor cycle here

22-26032010 ... a very significant and positive time cycle,
with more news expected 25-26032010 ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Hi folks,

CVN ... as per post above, in late January 2010, CVN has a
couple of positive time cycles coming together this week and
we may get some good news, around 24-26032010 ..... :)

have a great weekend

paul

=====

ELYOB
20-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi Yogi,

Hope this is another top call by you . I feel good about this one as well . Got 500,000 at 50 .

G~!

ELYOB
31-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Struggling at 49c today ; punters should be over the moon here..... what does it take ?

gazprom1
18-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Struggling at 49c today ; punters should be over the moon here..... what does it take ?

ELYOB,

Not sure if you are still following this one or not. Has fallen away despite increased production. Future looks great...a little bit of politcal risk at the moment. Pumping away everyday and increasing its output by the month. Nice cash reserves and management are proven.

Have bought today for the first time at 35.5. Current price 35. Feel like the downside is protected a little due to current price and production and has good leverage when the market rallies. Will buy more if price heads to low 30's.

Gazprom

ELYOB
18-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Still investing in CVN . Obviously , we have a serious POLITICAL and PRODUCTION problems in the big picture .

These will pass , and later in H2 10 , CVN may shine again . The cheap price is an excellent opportunity . John D Rockefeller , said that the "best time to buy is when there is shooting in the streets" . Now , beginning to understand what he meant.

bermuda
18-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Still investing in CVN . Obviously , we have a serious POLITICAL and PRODUCTION problems in the big picture .

These will pass , and later in H2 10 , CVN may shine again . The cheap price is an excellent opportunity . John D Rockefeller , said that the "best time to buy is when there is shooting in the streets" . Now , beginning to understand what he meant.

I really liked CVN and nearly invested, but having been bitten twice before with offshore investments that failed, I decided no more foreign risk.................and then along came Rudd!!

CVN has good management , good finds and prospects but shooting in the streets is a worry. Good luck. Buy once things have settled. In the meantime watch from a safe distance.

gazprom1
18-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I really liked CVN and nearly invested, but having been bitten twice before with offshore investments that failed, I decided no more foreign risk.................and then along came Rudd!!

CVN has good management , good finds and prospects but shooting in the streets is a worry. Good luck. Buy once things have settled. In the meantime watch from a safe distance.

Good advice Bermuda. Will look to add to my postion once the 'dust' settles. I have watched the stock for a while and when it has been in the 50's and 60's I have thought that it just a little much for where it was. At low 30's and increasing production...could be a great entry. Interestingly, I am TOTALLY overexposed to Thailand. We bought a property there about a year ago and doubled down with another last week.....in Koh Samui but close enough to be a concern.

Bermuda - not sure whether you have heard of Kea Pet. AIM listed with NZ prospects. One discovery and drilling Beluga with Menthanexs' money. Haveyou come across it and do you have a view??

Thanks
Gazprom

bermuda
18-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Gaz,
Yes, I read a half page article in the CHCH Press the other day. Sounded pretty good being near Pohokura ( huge gas field ) and Methanex. It did attract my attention. But I have had my time in Taranaki with NZO and have moved on to CSG. Worth a bit more research though. They 'may' have had a big gas flare the other day.
Let's hope sanity will prevail in Thailand.

trackers
19-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Good advice Bermuda. Will look to add to my postion once the 'dust' settles. I have watched the stock for a while and when it has been in the 50's and 60's I have thought that it just a little much for where it was. At low 30's and increasing production...could be a great entry. Interestingly, I am TOTALLY overexposed to Thailand. We bought a property there about a year ago and doubled down with another last week.....in Koh Samui but close enough to be a concern.

Bermuda - not sure whether you have heard of Kea Pet. AIM listed with NZ prospects. One discovery and drilling Beluga with Menthanexs' money. Haveyou come across it and do you have a view??

Thanks
Gazprom

Caught that article too - MD certainly did the job with Rift Oil in PNG - Which, evidently, I'm hoping our crew will do with NGE (but for larger returns) :)

gazprom1
29-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Couple of announcements out today...Thailand operations seem to be back on track with some promising oil flows. Stock has had a good few days from the low 30's to 39 cents currently. 30% up for the past 4 weeks. NZ drills have not be very successful of late...might be due a good result=)

Gazprom

Discl. Hold

evilroyrule
29-07-2010, 03:44 PM
i did a small amount of reading etc and have put my last 12.85 (no marlboro gold tonight) into this. kinda like rolling the dice in my back yard. looks the bottom was found at 30c.

cheksta
29-07-2010, 03:54 PM
V nice to see. Stock was def beaten down too much and had a lot of resistance around 30c.

Too bad QBE horrific run offsets my nice CVN gain.

gazprom1
08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Excellent announcement for CVN....share price has jumped up nicely!

Gazprom
Discl: hold

ELYOB
30-09-2010, 01:57 PM
CVN currently doing a roadshow to explain themselves , started yesterday .... my broker says they have the goods ..... bit of activity this morning , hope it is up from here.

ELYOB
01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
CVN is expected to run is the big word in Perth . They are seeing everybody with an awesome story . New presentation will be out next week or so , with a big picture going forward ...... reserves and production going to surprise ..... they have stumbled on very good stuff ...

SP is killing resistance as i type .....

Hold CVN

gazprom1
02-10-2010, 05:03 PM
CVN is expected to run is the big word in Perth . They are seeing everybody with an awesome story . New presentation will be out next week or so , with a big picture going forward ...... reserves and production going to surprise ..... they have stumbled on very good stuff ...

SP is killing resistance as i type .....

Hold CVN

Great finish to the week. Stock was irrationally valued at just over 30 cents a few weeks ago. Up over 50%. Should test 50 next week. Should be some more news flow regarding its drilling onshore thailand. All tail winds at the moment.

Gaz

ELYOB
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
....hearing that production and reserves are to double in short short term ...... this is the surprise . 2 new oilfields have been discovered. This stock is going to run on momentum when it gets going . And it is good that management are now prepared to talk to the market for the benefit of their shareholders , this is something that a lot of companies have no idea about doing. Instos which have all exited CVN in the past will be out in the cold , and will want back in ......

gazprom1
19-10-2010, 01:00 PM
CVN at 51 cents. While the trend is your friend, I decided to lock in my profits. Still plenty of good news to come on their recent discoveries but I will leave some money on the table for others.

Gazprom

COLIN
19-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I will leave some money on the table for others.

Gazprom

Thanks, Gazprom, awfully kind of you. I took the plunge yesterday actually, and bought in at 50c, after watching for a while.

Funny, isn't it, how one person can decide that "now is the time to sell, or buy" while another can make the totally opposite decision. Wonderful things, markets!

gazprom1
19-10-2010, 04:39 PM
You got to love the markets for exactly that....I am happy with my profits and wish you all the best with CVN.

Gazprom

gazprom1
02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks, Gazprom, awfully kind of you. I took the plunge yesterday actually, and bought in at 50c, after watching for a while.

Funny, isn't it, how one person can decide that "now is the time to sell, or buy" while another can make the totally opposite decision. Wonderful things, markets!

CVN has been beaten up a bit...news has been a little negative. I am looking at a re-entry around these levels as they have more drilling to come and POE is strong. Would love to get in around 40 cents.

Gazprom

Phaedrus
02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Funny, isn't it, how one person can decide that "now is the time to sell, or buy" while another can make the totally opposite decision....Interesting eh? Neither of you really say why you decided to buy/sell at that time so we have no way of understanding why your viewpoints are so radically different. The only thing I know for sure is that neither of you appear to have used TA in your decision making!

Here is a nice, tidy, crystal-clear chart for you both - there are no two ways to interpret this!

See how a handful of very different indicators such as price trendlines, chart patterns, RSI signals, OBV trendlines and oscillator divergences are all working together to give identical signals.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/CVN122.gif

drillfix
02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Here is a nice, tidy, crystal-clear chart for you both - there are no two ways to interpret this!

See how a handful of very different indicators such as price trendlines, chart patterns, RSI signals, OBV trendlines and oscillator divergences are all working together to give identical signals.

LOL, way ta go Phaedrus, nothing keeps things into perspective better than a nice crystal clear chart.

Thanks for posting.

ps: not holding but like viewing charts :P

gazprom1
02-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Interesting eh? Neither of you really say why you decided to buy/sell at that time so we have no way of understanding why your viewpoints are so radically different. The only thing I know for sure is that neither of you appear to have used TA in your decision making!

Hey P,

I sold for a couple of reasons (none of them relate to your TA analysis): I had held since 33 cents and was happy with a 50%+ profit and the price action had stalled for a while so looked a bit peakish to me.

Thanks for the chart P. Always good to see how clear it can be with TA!!!

Gazprom

ELYOB
03-12-2010, 09:14 AM
...what is the prediction for say FEB2011 by TA . Historical plots are meaningless . S/T of 2 weeks we may see some trendy thingys....

CVN is to be determined by strong fundamentals ahead in FEB2011 . Now show me how TA says up/down analysis for MARCH2011.

The 6 month chart looks very aggressive, very positive for 2011. [60-75c]

Holder CVN , dyor...!

Phaedrus
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
...what is the prediction for say FEB 2011?There isn't one.
Rotella (1992) described technical analysis as "The study of past market behaviour to determine the current state or condition of the market". No predictions there!

Historical plots are meaningless.Wrong! Human nature is constant - that's why history repeats itself. Chart patterns identified and categorised over the last hundred years still reflect the bullish or bearish psychology of the market.

In 2 weeks we may see some trendy thingys...You mean an uptrend? Maybe - no downtrend lasts forever.

Now show me how TA says up/down analysis for MARCH 2011. TA cannot predict the future, Elyob. Neither can you - or anyone else.

The 6 month chart looks very aggressive, very positive.....Perhaps - but look at the big picture. While CVN is in a "medium-term" (6 month) uptrend, it is also in a long-term (18 month) downtrend...... and a "short-term" (1 month) downtrend as well.

I appreciate that you are bullish on CVN, but until the market agrees with you, you are on a hiding to nothing.

CVN is a good stock to trade, but as a longterm hold it has been a dog - the current shareprice is lower than it was 3 years ago.

Elyob, I'll bet that, deep down, you wish you had sold out of CVN when the uptrend ended and were now sitting on a warchest of cash - waiting to re-enter at a much lower price!

ELYOB
03-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Thankyou for ye response . Yes I differ with you on this one . Even FA doesnt help L/T. I am trading this till end Q1 2011 , then ......????

gazprom1
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
CVN still heading south. Following it closely....I was looking at a 40 cent entry but may wait a little longer to see if drops below. Would love to purchase in the mid 30's especially where the POO is currently.

ELYOB
01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
This looks like recovery today .....strength there....

Lots can happen with CVN over the next 4weeks....the story could be a complete turn ! Lets say , this could be the end of the start .

gazprom1
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Thankfully I have kept watching it fall to 22 cents. The news out of CVN has been negative re oil production. Need some positive news out and a change of sentiment for CVN to stop going down. Quarterley was not inspiring either and that triggered another wave of selling. When you look at Market Cap and oil production v. other companies it still doesnt look cheap. Continue to watch with iterest.

Gazprom

drillfix
04-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Geezus, this is what you call free fall alright. Put your steel meshed gloves on if you dare catch this one.

It seems to want to touch 20c but will it keep going or will it hold? who knows, but caution seems to be the best approach at the present moment.

COLIN
04-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Bailed out last month - should have gone sooner, of course.

gazprom1
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Geezus, this is what you call free fall alright. Put your steel meshed gloves on if you dare catch this one.

It seems to want to touch 20c but will it keep going or will it hold? who knows, but caution seems to be the best approach at the present moment.

It is a nasty fall alright but it is not the only one. It needs a couple of solid drills under its belt in Thailand and things could settle.

Glad to hear you are out Colin. I was looking at it at 28 cents and thinking that it might be the right time but then the quarterley came out and that was not great.

Most of my holdings are holding up ok although BUR has taken a hit from 5.7-8 down to 5. I loaded up on the cap raising at 5.5 with free options. On the postive side, they are cashed up and are netting $220,000 a month in revenues so will not be coming to the market for cash and they are able to carry on with an aggressive development program.

Hard making money in this market.

gaz

COLIN
04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Hard making money in this market.

gaz

Yes indeed, Gaz. I'm surprised at the extent of the overall slide. The commodity boom certainly seems to have hit a bit of a wall. I'm finding the US market even more alluring now. Aud/USD cross rate seems to be turning in the US favour, but I'm well aware of the hurdles ahead.

gazprom1
04-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes indeed, Gaz. I'm surprised at the extent of the overall slide. The commodity boom certainly seems to have hit a bit of a wall. I'm finding the US market even more alluring now. Aud/USD cross rate seems to be turning in the US favour, but I'm well aware of the hurdles ahead.

It has caught me by surprise as well Colin. Obviously a number of factors at work to conspire against the aussie market. I do believe that a weakening Aussie dollar will help the market. Problem I have is that if global markets take a breath, I am sure the aussie one will follow them down...Keep us posted on your US endeavours. today ended pretty postive for me and hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

CVN down to 21 cents. DF - may well test that 20 cent level!!!

Gaz

JBmurc
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
CVN been in one massive downtrend ...marketcap-63mill .....25mill cash .....hopes to have 3,000bopd asap ....

got me a few 6.1c short term trade

JBmurc
19-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Good strong bounce in CVN last couple days touched 5c high of 6.6c all within 48 hours .....big volume ...major seller...finally runout of shares ...If only my MPO had sold I would have doubled and averaged down my 6.1c holding ...

JBmurc
28-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Sold my lot 6.9c see what happens ..... happy to take the ST profit in this market .....

Joshuatree
06-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Latest quarterly $A 102million cash with up to $US 32 mill future cash-flow . Free carried Roc well ,discovered resources at Phoenix South and the potential of rest of its acreage.

MARKET CAP re $108 million.NO DEBT as far as i can see (HZN re $180 mill debt).

S/P tracking down from re 29c to 11c atm , trend not good but maybe tracking sideways now or bottoming.

me just looking around at beaten up stocks non holder no sentiment atp