PDA

View Full Version : Viewing buy and sell orders?

brettdale
30-04-2008, 10:29 AM
How do you view buy and sell orders for a stock, I trade with asb, I don't think they have a section to do this.

Over at the hotcopper forums, they are always, mentioning this? Where does one access this information.

whiteheron
30-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Brettdale

On ASB Secs site go to live quotes and put in the Ticker code and select quote with depth

Hope this helps

brettdale
30-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try!

brettdale
30-04-2008, 01:08 PM
This is all very interesting.

This may sound like a stupid question, What I would like to know, is why do people try and sell their shares for a few cents above the actual price? Surly they wouldnt get any takers???

shasta
30-04-2008, 01:27 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, What I would like to know, is why do people try and sell their shares for a few cents above the actual price? Surly they wouldnt get any takers???

Those prepared to sit & wait for a rally, pending news etc?

Just remember most of the action is "off screen", especially large orders as they wont want to show there hand & push the price up/down (depending on if they are buying/selling).

Anyone putting in a "market price" order could trigger those orders if others pull there bids, & this does happen alot.

Steve
30-04-2008, 06:59 PM

If you have made the decision to sell, why not just sell instead of messing around for that extra couple of cents? :confused:

COLIN
03-05-2008, 10:09 PM
If you have made the decision to sell, why not just sell instead of messing around for that extra couple of cents? :confused:

2 cents on 10,000 shares is $200-00. It mightn't be much to you, but if you are trading frequently (even say an average of only one trade a day) then every 5 x $200 = $1,000-00. Multiply that by 52 and you have a pretty good annual income, by many standards!

patsy
04-05-2008, 07:28 AM
2 cents on 10,000 shares is $200-00. It mightn't be much to you, but if you are trading frequently (even say an average of only one trade a day) then every 5 x $200 = $1,000-00. Multiply that by 52 and you have a pretty good annual income, by many standards!

That's true only if you consistently manage to get your sell order through. Sometimes, due to trying to hold to those 2 cents, the stock drifts lower and you may end up having to take a bath.