PDA

View Full Version : WHN- Wind Hydrogen-Kentucky Shale Gas...

Crypto Crude
23-05-2008, 12:55 PM
First thing this morning I picked up some WHN, Wind Hydrogen at 12.5cents on Open...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=WHN&E=ASX&N=505598

This is the announcement that got me in, very good signal... Very similar project to Austins Park City...(AKK)... Director has recently bought 700k shares...

The expansiveness of WHN's project is still to be seen...
flow rates from 9wells still to be seen...

This time around, the SP is lower so more leverage, larger cash at bank, and similar Market Caps,... I wont be able to confirm exact size of this project but Ive heard of up to 1 TCF...
Austin is only developing 39 BCF...
So far only a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed, so no formal deal as of yet...
There will be lots of hype with this stock, and At this stage I will trade the hype... I willnot be holding all the way...
This is alittle more riskier than AKK...here are a few reasons why...negatives,

This needs shareholder approval, due diligence, and signing of definitive agreement...this should be complete very soon...
Also lack of info...
Late last year 5 directors resigned... Keeping shareholders up to date with WHN's other projects has been a problem due to delay...
WHN have a new direction...
Management havenot performed...

Positives...
Potentially a monster resource...
cash in bank of 8.5 million last quarter....
NTA increasing from 1c to 6c...
Other company direction, including other assets..

Not many details floating around on this project, but it is another developing project, in same region as AKK, (Kentucky) targeting Shale Gas...
big upside, money to be made, only invest what you are prepared to lose.....
Luck to yah... bye...
:cool:
.^sc

Serpie
23-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Good post again Shrewd. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of discontent around this one (using HC as a sentiment meter) due to delays in getting their windfarm up and running, but the change of direction worked for AKK, so why not for WHN.

You've been on fire lately, so you've got to ride your luck. Good luck!

PS - congrats on the LMP and LMPO!

cjh
25-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Management are buying well recently.
Thanks S/C, will have a dabble.

Crypto Crude
03-06-2008, 05:18 PM
WHN,
up to 15c, so performing just nicely...
Illiquid stock though....
Announcement today of a new project...
And Kentucky Shale Gas Play could hold up to 1 TCF which... compared to Austins 39 BCF... could make WHN's Shale Gas play 25 times bigger...
This could be really really big....
Its a pity that once again management looks pretty average...
I cant even get an email reply...
happy to hold, have to be patient until latter this month when the general meeting will take place...
.^sc

bermuda
04-06-2008, 12:02 AM
WHN,
up to 15c, so performing just nicely...
Illiquid stock though....
Announcement today of a new project...
And Kentucky Shale Gas Play could hold up to 1 TCF which... compared to Austins 39 BCF... could make WHN's Shale Gas play 25 times bigger...
This could be really really big....
Its a pity that once again management looks pretty average...
I cant even get an email reply...
happy to hold, have to be patient until latter this month when the general meeting will take place...
.^sc

Shrewdy,
You are pretty clever mate. This has potential.

Crypto Crude
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
This just gets better and better for WHN...
Yet another new Major Acquisition last week starting to show a path to short term Oil revenues for a mini.... also with its Shale Gas Play.......
Wardlaw is already in production that has produced 100,000 barrels to date...
possibility for near term revenues...
up 50% in a few weeks.....
Im not selling.....
check this out

United Heritage Corporation Forms Joint Venture on Wardlaw Property
Tuesday June 3, 8:00 am ET
United Heritage has Received 10%, $250,000 to Close Deal

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--United Heritage Corporation (Nasdaq: UHCP - News), a public company involved in the development of medium gravity crude oil assets announced that, on May 27, 2008, the Company signed a letter of intent (‘LOI’), to sell for $2.5 million, a 50% interest in the shallow rights (1,000 ft) of 2,560 acres (25%) of its Wardlaw Field to Wind Hydrogen Limited (‘WHL’), a publicly-listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange (‘ASX’).
ADVERTISEMENT

The Wardlaw lease is a 10,500 gross acre field located in Edwards County, Texas, consisting of four (4) full mineral leases in which United Heritage has a 100% working interest, and a 75% net revenue interest. The Company’s primary focus is the upper Glen Rose formation (“A” Zone) at a depth of approximately 250 feet with a gravity range of 16-20 API, a medium gravity crude. To date, 130 wells have been drilled of which 27 are currently producing. “With the increase in technology coupled with the price of crude, this project has become very rewarding” states Chip Langston, UHCP’s President.

The WHL joint venture is subject to the respective Parties’ satisfactory due diligence, signing of definitive agreements, and WHL shareholder approval for a change in the nature of WHL’s activities at its upcoming general meeting of shareholders. The payments will be staged during the development of the initial phase, with 10% ($250,000) having been received upon signing of the LOI. The joint venture provides for an option to pursue two additional 2,560 acre phases, for a non refundable option price, higher pricing and the same 50% carried interest by the Company in the amount advanced by WHL.

“We are excited about the WHL joint venture, which will allow us to be more aggressive in pursuing the timely development of our assets. The Company will have continued activity on its existing properties, as well as properties outside this joint venture, while at the same time, we will be able to explore and develop other portions of the acreage with our new partners” states Paul Watson, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of United Heritage Corporation.

About United Heritage Corporation

United Heritage Corporation, founded in 1981 and based in Dallas, TX, is focused on the development of on-shore oil and gas assets. The company has project covering 10,500 acres in the Wardlaw Field, Edwards County, TX. The field is currently producing oil which is categorized as “medium crude”, at 16-20 API gravity. Management believes its acreage has substantial reserves, and is applying new technology to properly extract the reserves.
.^sc

Crypto Crude
15-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks to ToddFatso for the link...
Check this out...

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/080613/e_galepetroleum_acqui.html?.v=1

Oh... 1 to 1.9 TCF of Gas in Place...
Recovery rate of 20-33%...
200BCF to 380BCF...
So up to 10 Times the Size of Austins Park City...
not the Original 25 times bigger as I perhaps speculated on in a previous post....
There will be plenty of hype in this stock with its big potential resource and already nine gas wells...
Also with the New Oil accusition with near term oil production as well...
I have relatively few facts to go from as announcements are rather vague...
im connecting dots here... This could be big and market should re rate this accordingly...
This stock could be 30cents in a few weeks...

HC boys suggest a big week is coming...
.^sc

Grand Uber
16-06-2008, 04:17 PM
You must be loving this one Shrewd

I see someone said on HC that the broker coverage will be starting on this one next week

Hopefully that sends it to mars

COLIN
16-06-2008, 05:38 PM
My Shrewd friend (aka Allan Bollard): You are definitely a legend. Bought some at 14c, after digesting your posts and reading up further on the company story, and already showing a 26% gain! I particularly like their approach to spreading risk.
Am confident that this horse will be a stayer.
Many thanks for sharing the benefits of your research, in such a confusing field of smaller energy operators - its so hard to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

The Plunger
17-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll sit back and watch this one. Looks like I missed a great ride so far...

As a word of caution - shale plays only become economic at high gas prices. Which we have now ($6-8 + / MCf and up - my guess only). But they are not conventional plays and can be costly. Often the inital flow rates look good 1-2MMcf but then tail off very quickly.

EMR are in the same neck of the woods as WHN, so you may want to read through their annoucments for further research. I traded in/out of EMR options around the announcements of their Devonian/Marcellus shale plays. Comparison's to other shale plays are pointless e.g. Barnett Shale (one of the reason's I exited EMR). So I'd research the economics of Devonian's palys. Net Rev Interest to WHN would be interesting after state/land severances. Also check backin clauses. Are they gearing this investment or is it from cash ? Watch the burn rate and put other shale plays on your watch lists to monitor market sentiment.

Certainly the forward curve for gas prices is good at the moment.

Crypto Crude
21-06-2008, 12:38 AM
The plunger-Are they gearing this investment or is it from cash ?
Both Projects acquired from Cash...
2.5m each project...
had 8.5 mill cash as at last quarterly report (1st April).... flush with cash, and sweaky clean mr P....
WHN have said that it will cost them $2.5 mill before their Kentucky Shale Gas play becomes cashflow positive.. their share of acquisiton costs of the project (1.25m), 9 well work over program (500k), and drilling costs before project becomes self funded (750k)....
... I think This is very very optimistic...
If I could bet against the company staying within this budget to become cashflow positive, Id bet against it with everything I have...
The company is a hype play... I touched abit on this on the MEO thread...
Its not an ideal type of investment...
I agree with what you are saying The Plunger, this is a "Flush it" stock... a trading stock, not an investing stock....
But im in for abit of hype and the market will see this as lots of potential and I will be gone when it comes to real Oil activities...
I should never have said in my last post that this could be 30c in a few weeks...Abit more market recognition, and yah never know in a few months or so...
I saw this as somewhere to park some funds for a while...
Im not worried about taking profits on this one, will just see how it plans out over the coming weeks with special meeting, illiquidity, gas prices....
Ive got my focus elsewhere...
looking to load up on CTP if Blamore does not strike oil...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
31-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Oh well...
Popped it to say I sold out my position on WHN yesterday at 13.5cents...had around 8% of my portfolio on it so had abit of fun with the ride up on a small position...
Pity though... ran from 12.5cents to 19cents and then markets came in and took it all away... I should have known better... oh well...
Ive got my focus elsewhere, I surely am watching VPEO (never taken my eyes off it)... and From the post above Ive decided to retract away from loading up on CTP if Blamore is a duster... my small position on CTP and CTPOA is enough...
as I said elsewhere Im also looking to sell AKK soon...
thankyou...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
31-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh well...
Popped it to say I sold out my position on WHN yesterday at 13.5cents...had around 8% of my portfolio on it so had abit of fun with the ride up on a small position...
Pity though... ran from 12.5cents to 19cents and then markets came in and took it all away... I should have known better... oh well...
Ive got my focus elsewhere, I surely am watching VPEO (never taken my eyes off it)... and From the post above Ive decided to retract away from loading up on CTP if Blamore is a duster... my small position on CTP and CTPOA is enough...
as I said elsewhere Im also looking to sell AKK soon...
I hope others took on my sentiment in my last post and took a chance to get out of WHN when it spiked....
great projects... bad market....
thankyou, bye WHN...
.^sc

COLIN
07-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm back into this one again, too. Is now a much changed beast from its former self.

Crypto Crude
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I just noticed WHN yesterday in which WHN has massive WA offshore drilling action unfolding...

Looks like a good trade forming...

Big time shooting at WA offshore well...

Pity I dont have much spare cash for a strong gamble in this... im pretty loaded up on this shale gas...

.^sc

Crypto Crude
12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
after the jump in tteo i decided to swap things around and got me some whn at 4.2c...
I will post more tonight

Crypto Crude
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
well, I decided to buy into WHN as a short term trade surrounding WHN's indirect interest in the mammoth Palta well...
Interest seems to be building with the various asx oil companies with indirect interests...
OXX has a 1% royalty, and STX sharing same permit with WHN...
Hum... after thinking about it wonder if ive made the best entry into palta...

seems to be lots of interest building in this Palta prospect, and thinking this support will continue until after spud, with some hype floating about

.^sc

Crypto Crude
19-10-2012, 11:19 PM
well,
I sold my whn at 4.1c today for a tiny loss...
I was hoping the heads would keep rising... this week has seen the heads top out for the moment, and I decided with the 'risk' of Shell not reporting results/ or full disclosure could damage this company...
I will study a few companies over the weekend and make a choice to reinvest...

Im thinking about,
KEY, NWE, OXX, NSE

.^sc