PDA

View Full Version : Cok

lewinsky
28-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Cockatoo Coal has had a very healthy rise over the last two days. This is a share I would recommend as sitting on your radars. May be due for a correction soon, but the trend is very positive, and could be sitting much higher by year end.

airedale
28-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I have been in to this one for some time. It has pulled away strongly in the last week. May be because it is in the Surat Basin, which is a "hot" area at the moment.

airedale
27-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Time for another look at COK. Emerging coal miner...recently signed a deal with a Korean power company.....currently engaged in an offering to shareholders at 33 cents....but the SP is well supported in the 35/36 cent range. Closing date for the Shareholders Purchase Plan is Friday.
Discl: holding

airedale
29-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Up 9.9% today to 39 cents on volume of 1.7 million despite the SPP offering them at 33 cents. Someone is topping up.

Bobcat.
23-12-2013, 04:16 PM
I've just come in on this stock to diversify a little. It's non-hostile takeover of Blackwood Resources takes its merged company total resources to over 2,000Mt (measured, inferred and indicated) and a 20 year mine life.

The recently announced SPP will help fund its flagship Baralaba Extension Pulverised Coal Injection (PCI) project in the Bowen Basin, QLD. Coal has been a bit out of vogue lately but PCI coal is used in the production of steel which China and other growing economies will need more of over the next few years. The acquistion of Blackwood looked to be timely and a good buy. COK is targeting full PCI capacity of 3.5m tonnes per year by 2016 (FY13: a record 707k tonnes).

SPP applications closed last week, and since then the sp has dropped below the issue price of 4.5c.

Today, COK shares are selling for only 3.9c.