SCHUMACHER
17-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Another Lithium opportunity...cheers Schu

41,900,808 shares on issue

http://orocobre.com.au/About_Us.htm

Anyway here are their projects ......

OLAROZ LITHIUM PROJECT
Lithium, potash, boron

The Olaroz Lithium Project consists of 7,600 hectares of tenements (cateo's) over a salar (salt lake) known to contain high values of lithium in brine. The project is located in the Jujuy Province in the elevated and arid Puna region in the north - western part of the country and is well served by infrastructure with access by sealed road and nearby high voltage electricity, gas pipelines and rail.

Click on images above to enlarge

Prospectivity and Exploration Target

Unlike most exploration targets, the mineral value occurs in solution. Lithium is concentrated in the salt brines and exploitation requires a detailed understanding of brine chemistry and porosity/permeability over the deposit. This is obtained by drilling, sampling of the brines and pumping tests together with associated processing test work. If viable, the deposit would be mined by pumping out the dissolved lithium from a depth of up to 60 metres for processing on site into final or intermediate products. The effective porosity has been assumed to be 8-10% at this stage.

Indicative lithium grades based on sampling by government agencies is relatively high at 0.09% and this compares favourably with other possible brine sources of lithium.

The Rincon Salar, currently being developed by Admiralty Resources Ltd, is located nearby. Admiralty Resources Ltd have recently reported reserves of 1,400,000 tonnes of lithium and 55,000,000 tonnes of potash (allowing for recovery figures of 75% and 70% respectively) with a reported value based on the 2006 lithium carbonate price of US$44,700,000,000.

Olaroz is in the same vicinity as Rincon and has a similar geological model. Although smaller in area, it has higher indicative lithium grades. The Company considers Olaroz has significant potential and is a very large exploration target. Minnelex Pty Ltd, the Company's independent geological consultant suggests the exploration target is potentially in excess of 325,000 tonnes of contained lithium (>1,700,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate) based on 10% porosity. It is geologically reasonable to assume that the Rincon geological model will have similarities at Olaroz. If Olaroz has as high an effective porosity as Rincon, Minnelex considers the exploration target could be 3 to 4 times the size. There is also potential for other products such as potash and borates.

The Lithium Market

Lithium is sold as brines, compounds or mineral concentrates. For many years, the majority of lithium compounds and minerals were used in the production of ceramics, glass and primary aluminium production. More recently growth in lithium battery use has resulted in batteries gaining market share and perhaps soon becoming the leading end use of lithium. The main markets for lithium products produced by Sociedad Quimica Minera de Chile (SQM), the worlds largest producer, are ceramics and glass (21%), batteries (20%), lubricating greases (17%), pharmaceuticals and polymers (9%), air conditioning (7%), primary aluminium production (5%), and other (20%).

The lithium market has been growing at 4-5% per annum and this is forecast to continue. Current demand of approximately 80,000 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate equivalent is forecast to rise to nearly 100,000 tonnes per annum in 2010. Growth in the United States demand for lithium has been greater, with a 79% increase since 2003. This growth has been caused by increased consumption in all end uses except aluminium production and in particular in the area of battery production.

With increased demand, prices have also been rising. Based on US customs declarations, lithium carbonate prices have increased by 59% from 2005 to 2006. Prices for lithium have reportedly increased from US$2,750 to US$5,500/t in 2006 due to increased demand for batteries. The journal Industrial Minerals reported lithium carbonate prices of US$6,000/t in 2006.

At current growth rates in the demand for lithium, a new project the size of Rincon or Olaroz will be needed every four years.

shasta
17-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Another Lithium opportunity...cheers Schu

41,900,808 shares on issue

http://orocobre.com.au/About_Us.htm

Anyway here are their projects ......

OLAROZ LITHIUM PROJECT
Lithium, potash, boron

The Olaroz Lithium Project consists of 7,600 hectares of tenements (cateo's) over a salar (salt lake) known to contain high values of lithium in brine. The project is located in the Jujuy Province in the elevated and arid Puna region in the north - western part of the country and is well served by infrastructure with access by sealed road and nearby high voltage electricity, gas pipelines and rail.

Click on images above to enlarge

Prospectivity and Exploration Target

Unlike most exploration targets, the mineral value occurs in solution. Lithium is concentrated in the salt brines and exploitation requires a detailed understanding of brine chemistry and porosity/permeability over the deposit. This is obtained by drilling, sampling of the brines and pumping tests together with associated processing test work. If viable, the deposit would be mined by pumping out the dissolved lithium from a depth of up to 60 metres for processing on site into final or intermediate products. The effective porosity has been assumed to be 8-10% at this stage.

Indicative lithium grades based on sampling by government agencies is relatively high at 0.09% and this compares favourably with other possible brine sources of lithium.

The Rincon Salar, currently being developed by Admiralty Resources Ltd, is located nearby. Admiralty Resources Ltd have recently reported reserves of 1,400,000 tonnes of lithium and 55,000,000 tonnes of potash (allowing for recovery figures of 75% and 70% respectively) with a reported value based on the 2006 lithium carbonate price of US$44,700,000,000.

Olaroz is in the same vicinity as Rincon and has a similar geological model. Although smaller in area, it has higher indicative lithium grades. The Company considers Olaroz has significant potential and is a very large exploration target. Minnelex Pty Ltd, the Company's independent geological consultant suggests the exploration target is potentially in excess of 325,000 tonnes of contained lithium (>1,700,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate) based on 10% porosity. It is geologically reasonable to assume that the Rincon geological model will have similarities at Olaroz. If Olaroz has as high an effective porosity as Rincon, Minnelex considers the exploration target could be 3 to 4 times the size. There is also potential for other products such as potash and borates.

The Lithium Market

Lithium is sold as brines, compounds or mineral concentrates. For many years, the majority of lithium compounds and minerals were used in the production of ceramics, glass and primary aluminium production. More recently growth in lithium battery use has resulted in batteries gaining market share and perhaps soon becoming the leading end use of lithium. The main markets for lithium products produced by Sociedad Quimica Minera de Chile (SQM), the worlds largest producer, are ceramics and glass (21%), batteries (20%), lubricating greases (17%), pharmaceuticals and polymers (9%), air conditioning (7%), primary aluminium production (5%), and other (20%).

The lithium market has been growing at 4-5% per annum and this is forecast to continue. Current demand of approximately 80,000 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate equivalent is forecast to rise to nearly 100,000 tonnes per annum in 2010. Growth in the United States demand for lithium has been greater, with a 79% increase since 2003. This growth has been caused by increased consumption in all end uses except aluminium production and in particular in the area of battery production.

With increased demand, prices have also been rising. Based on US customs declarations, lithium carbonate prices have increased by 59% from 2005 to 2006. Prices for lithium have reportedly increased from US$2,750 to US$5,500/t in 2006 due to increased demand for batteries. The journal Industrial Minerals reported lithium carbonate prices of US$6,000/t in 2006.

At current growth rates in the demand for lithium, a new project the size of Rincon or Olaroz will be needed every four years.

Schu

The ticker code is actually ORE :cool:

stevo1
19-06-2008, 01:18 PM
schu cheers for the head up ---on board as an alternative to ady.also with latest company presentations have far more to offer in the way of potential and diversification of projects than 3 trick pony ady,that combined with small market cap.BIG possabilities here but DYOR

shasta
19-06-2008, 06:42 PM
schu cheers for the head up ---on board as an alternative to ady.also with latest company presentations have far more to offer in the way of potential and diversification of projects than 3 trick pony ady,that combined with small market cap.BIG possabilities here but DYOR

Here is the said presentation...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ORE&E=ASX&N=200432

ORE is a better play than GXY (my opinion only), but ADY's Lithium resource is way ahead...

Thumpa
30-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Total Issue:41,900,808Market Capitalisation:$20,112,388 (@48)

ORE touched 50cents today. Constant rise this month despite the Dow.

Just like ADY but none of the drama and none of the debt / dilution and low grade iron.

To get an idea of the potential here , think of a eventual value of ADY's Rincon Lithium side if ADY demerge...... $100m? 150m? 200m?.

Now imagine the ORE sp with that type of market cap in a few years , divided by maybe 60 million shares vs ADY's 1,133,457,841 shares on issue right now.

$1.66? $2.50? $3.33?

Don't know the answer , but it's got to be worth more than 50 cents long term. I will hold to find out.

SCHUMACHER
01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Happy to hold ...should be a winner in a few years ...very tempted to sell for over 100% profit in a few weeks but lets see what happens....cheers Schu

stevo1
02-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Happy to hold ...should be a winner in a few years ...very tempted to sell for over 100% profit in a few weeks but lets see what happens....cheers Schu

I have taken profit and moved on.That move may well prove to look dumass in the future on my part.Good luck to those still holding

SCHUMACHER
06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
No problem in taking a profit Stevo....i decided to sell half of my holdings for the time being.....at least im protecting my initial investment.....afterall 2008 is the year for short term investment as the swings are volatile
cheers Schu

STRAT
21-10-2010, 04:33 PM
ORO has doubled today on the biggest volume since January 2008. Something is up

Lego_Man
21-10-2010, 04:46 PM
ORO has doubled today on the biggest volume since January 2008. Something is up

Cheers strat but some confusion on the thread title - ORO is in fact Oroya Mining. ORE is Orocobre (Lithium).

Thanks for the heads up though, i felt like a lotto ticket so i just grabbed the million OROOA oppies (0.008 exercise Dec 2011) on the table for 0.001. We'll see how i go with that...

STRAT
21-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, my bad. Just searched the ticker and wrote the post without reading the thread.

I put it where it belongs now, on Steves Options thread
I have a couple mil of em too but as you say. Its a lotto ticket

evilroyrule
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
oro looks to me to be setting up for a run. have a few at .3. anyone else holding/views?

evilroyrule
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
dont know enough background to decide whether todays ann. is positive or not? any other holders with views?

STRAT
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks to me like they have given their best asset away for some joint venture partners on other projects who will do the work so they can go back to sitting on their hands but I havent read it through

By the way this is still the wrong thread. How about you start one Roy?

evilroyrule
08-11-2010, 01:12 PM
ok will do. although your comments about sitting on their chuffs not inspiring a long term hold. sell side getting heavy too