PDA

View Full Version : Buy Buy Buy

Contrarian
29-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Gidday

Imho there is a oppourtunity for some good buys tommorow, but bear in mind we might be in month 1, of a 3 year slump.

The ockers are selling TOMMOROW to realise their tax losses as at 30 June, they have a capital gains regime, that due to lack of complaints must be easy to understand (not like the FDR debacle) and it is common practice to sell 30 June.
When there is a big sell wave, buy deals can present themselves.

Drop your previous accounted buy bids by 10% & thank me when they get accepted, Tommorow only ,1 chance.

Rgds

Huang Chung
29-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Worth a try I guess Contrarian, buy my casual observation of the last few years is that tax loss selling is largely out of the way well before the last day of the month.

This year people might be a bit more nervy, and the US was down again Friday after a big drop the previous day, son there might still be plenty on sale right up to when they close the doors at 4.00pm tomorrow.

I went to the stock clearance sale about a week ago and picked up:

National Australia Bank $25.91
Commonwealth Bank $38.39
Neptune Marine Services $ 0.47
Aspen Group $1.28
Austin Engineering $2.05
Tox Free Solutions $1.49
Industrea $0.505

All are still pretty much around the same price.

Good luck with your last minute shopping.

Contrarian
29-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Gidday HC

I accept the market moves. but as a good natured challenge (with hindsight) I'll endeavour to monitor your last week buys vs closing tommorow.
Just for the exercise.

Huang Chung
29-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Gidday HC

I accept the market moves. but as a good natured challenge (with hindsight) I'll endeavour to monitor your last week buys vs closing tommorow.
Just for the exercise.

Game on...but no short selling Contrarian. :)

Dr_Who
29-06-2008, 08:15 PM
When do they stop selling for tax lost claims?

Huang Chung
29-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for Aussies to book their losses Doctor.

Dr_Who
29-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for Aussies to book their losses Doctor.

Thanks mate. :)

Which stocks should I buy for a bounce?

Huang Chung
29-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Which stocks should I buy for a bounce?

I reckon Neptune Marine (NMS) is a good bet for a bounce. Reputedly good management, proprietary technology (related to underwater welding), and services the offshore oil and gas industry (which isn't going away anytime soon).

Sitting around 50c from highs near $1.30.

Left field.....my old favourite Prairie Downs Metals (PDZ). Started drilling a large surface outcropping of copper last week (not their only one). Expecting a flow of positive news.

ananda77
29-06-2008, 09:34 PM
...don't be so hasty; remember the Aussie indexes are nothing more than obedient foot soldiers of the US indices -very unfortunate really, but that reflects a political reality- ...and I would not expect a bounce on the US bourses before another 6% has been trimmed off the DOW/Nasdaq pair

Dow: ~10700
Nasdaq: ~1730

...and I am not worried about the teeny weeny intraday up moves in the meantime...

Kind Regards

Hoop
30-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Gidday

Imho there is a oppourtunity for some good buys tommorow, but bear in mind we might be in month 1, of a 3 year slump.

The ockers are selling TOMMOROW to realise their tax losses as at 30 June, they have a capital gains regime, that due to lack of complaints must be easy to understand (not like the FDR debacle) and it is common practice to sell 30 June.
When there is a big sell wave, buy deals can present themselves.

Drop your previous accounted buy bids by 10% & thank me when they get accepted, Tommorow only ,1 chance.

Rgds
Contrarian...
This is a good investment play which carries low risk in times of a Bull market or in the early stages of a bear market rally phases.
Unfortunately this year at this moment the equity market is in neither of those phases......therefore the risk is a lot higher.
Best of luck:)

David Hardman
30-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Actually there is just as much chance the fundies will try and window dress the market to try and make their yearly returns look better. Today is their last chance.

The big tax selling probably all done.. now its time to put 100 pts on the market.

macduffy
30-06-2008, 12:28 PM
So far today it looks like the Window Dressers are holding a slight advantage over the Tax Loss Sellers!

;)

Contrarian
30-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Gidday

Ok so I was not right.

I was thinking that although one sells to book any tax losses, it doesn't mean they like losses & after a bad week last week I thought there might have been more people being optimistic (wrongly) up until the last moment when it was too late.

HC you were up on 4 & down on 3

My Myob buy early today seems ok, there was a big sell off on friday back up 15.94% today. Myo is worth a look, GPG like it, they are so profitable they are returning capital big time.

Huang Chung
30-06-2008, 07:11 PM
HC you were up on 4 & down on 3

5/2 by my reckoning Contrarian. :D

All the best with MYO.

Cheers HC.

Contrarian
08-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Gidday

Twice the boring Manahatten people have rung me with there monotonous prepared speeches. I say I want to hold a growth software story,
Hold with me people & we might have a disparate blocking stake.

Crypto Crude
20-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I cant find the BUY thread...
<<<<<BOUNTY OIL AND GAS>>>>>

ANYONE READ TODAYS ANNOUNCEMENT?

LAST TRADED AT 9.6CENTS...

WATCH OUT FOR THE STEAM ROLLER>>>>>>>
BUY IS A BUY...
:cool:
.^sc

Oiler
21-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I cant find the BUY thread...
<<<<<BOUNTY OIL AND GAS>>>>>

ANYONE READ TODAYS ANNOUNCEMENT?

LAST TRADED AT 9.6CENTS...

WATCH OUT FOR THE STEAM ROLLER>>>>>>>
BUY IS A BUY...
:cool:
.^sc

I would have to agree with you Shrewdy. BUY is a BUY

Saw there presentation yesterday along with many others and BUY is on my BUY list

trackers
21-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Interesting guys, will have a better look at these guys. PEP11 looks like a massive target, but I won't buy (...) just for that.

667mil shares on issue isn't ideal (73mil market cap already on the back of 12mil assets)