PDA

View Full Version : JATalert ..... astrostuff update ... :)

yogi-in-oz
08-07-2008, 06:05 PM
:)

Hi folks,

JAT ... has been ticking up nicely, since the gap-up,
on 2008 June solstice ... but, no mention here ... !~!

... and looking ahead, we anticipate some further
positive cycles for this month, as well:

14-15072008 ... positive spotlight on JAT ... :)

22-23072008 ... positive news expected here

31072008 ... minor and positive (intraday) cycle

Hopefully, JAT will have enough legs to stay close to the top,
in the current ASF tipping contest, too ... !~!

More later.

have a great day

paul

=====

shasta
10-02-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi folks,

JAT ... has been ticking up nicely, since the gap-up,
on 2008 June solstice ... but, no mention here ... !~!

... and looking ahead, we anticipate some further
positive cycles for this month, as well:

14-15072008 ... positive spotlight on JAT ... :)

22-23072008 ... positive news expected here

31072008 ... minor and positive (intraday) cycle

Hopefully, JAT will have enough legs to stay close to the top,
in the current ASF tipping contest, too ... !~!

More later.

have a great day

paul

=====

JAT - Boardroom Radio presentation

http://www.brr.com.au/event/64046/jatoil-to-produce-first-biofuel?log=1

This micro cap currently has more cash than it's market cap & it's an alternative energy company i really like. ;)

There biofuel oil from the Jatropha seeds looks very promising, especially in tropical areas such as South East Asia.

On target to produce in 2010 after recently signing a binding agreement with PT Waterland International

Disc: Nil held

shasta
19-04-2010, 12:18 PM
JAT - Boardroom Radio presentation

http://www.brr.com.au/event/64046/jatoil-to-produce-first-biofuel?log=1

This micro cap currently has more cash than it's market cap & it's an alternative energy company i really like. ;)

There biofuel oil from the Jatropha seeds looks very promising, especially in tropical areas such as South East Asia.

On target to produce in 2010 after recently signing a binding agreement with PT Waterland International

JAT - Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=589816

About Jatoil

Jatoil has a mission to develop a global business growing and producing renewable
energy in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner. Its current focus is to
develop jatropha curcas farming ventures to produce crude jatropha oil as a biofuel
feedstock. Jatoil has invested in jatropha in Vietnam and Indonesia, and is investigating
other renewable energy opportunities in Asia.

shasta
27-04-2010, 02:56 PM
JAT - Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=589816

About Jatoil

Jatoil has a mission to develop a global business growing and producing renewable
energy in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner. Its current focus is to
develop jatropha curcas farming ventures to produce crude jatropha oil as a biofuel
feedstock. Jatoil has invested in jatropha in Vietnam and Indonesia, and is investigating
other renewable energy opportunities in Asia.

JAT - Quarterly Cashflow, shows cash on hand of $4.944m

Market Cap @ $0.029 = $3.3m

Negative EV!

Cash backing = $0.043 per share, & burn rate is quite low

Ok, it's a tiddler but has plenty of potential & production not too far away (refer ann re binding agreement with PT Waterland International)

shasta
11-05-2010, 04:25 PM
JAT - Quarterly Cashflow, shows cash on hand of $4.944m

Market Cap @ $0.029 = $3.3m

Negative EV!

Cash backing = $0.043 per share, & burn rate is quite low

Ok, it's a tiddler but has plenty of potential & production not too far away (refer ann re binding agreement with PT Waterland International)

JAT - Boardroom Radio Interview (Increases interest in Vietnam Projects to 51%)

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65683/jatoil-increases-interest-in-vietnam-projects-phil-hodgson-managing-director

Release of securities from voluntary escrow

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=592317

shasta
24-05-2010, 01:16 PM
JAT - Boardroom Radio Interview (Increases interest in Vietnam Projects to 51%)

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65683/jatoil-increases-interest-in-vietnam-projects-phil-hodgson-managing-director

Release of securities from voluntary escrow

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=592317

JAT - Jatoil Qtr 4 Newsletter

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=593512

Great promotion of this micro cap alternative energy company, interesting update & background

Production noted as late 2010, so plenty of upside, & they have more cash than its market cap!

snackpack
06-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I’ve been having a closer look at JAT to get the good oil, so to speak. On the positive side they are planting different plants between rows of Jatropha to make use of the ground while the Jatropha is maturing. This should provide an interim revenue stream. Waste products from processing Jatropha seeds are also sellable or useable as a fuel source when the processing phase starts.

There seems to be building demand and general undersupply of Jatropha oil at the moment by looking at Alibaba.com. This is likely to be filled with the new large scale plantations or collectives appearing around the world. India has a huge Jatropha supply but most of that production seems to be for the heating and lighting market, not the fuel oil market. Toyota has a large plantation too in the Philippines I think.

Plantations are expanding rapidly, will JAT be quick enough and compete, stay a minnow or get swallowed by the big boys?

From a marketing perspective Jatropha oil will have a feel-good factor and gain market share. Will people prefer to fly on a plane powered by sustainable plants or dirty Florida polluting sludge? Personally, I go for price, so I’m no good as an indicator.

I see it can take four years for a plant to mature, but they can mature and seed faster in tropical zones like Asia, perhaps even seeding two times a year. Assuming a best case of 1000 plants per hectare and 2kg of seeds per plant per year, JAT currently has 1000ha of plants comes to 2 million kg of seeds. I haven’t found any prices for oil yet but have found seeds selling for .12c a kg. I don’t know if that is a high or low price. But that equates to $240k. JAT intends ramping up to 100,000ha, so 100 times $240k over time.

I guess the downside is the cost to produce oil if it is greater then the cost of refined oil. I am unsure how many uses of J-oil there are, but from a health perspective, villages prefer it to smoky substitutes for heating and lighting oil.

That said, I guess JAT is a 2-4 year growth and planting phase, with increasing oil quantities produced over that period.

What does everyone else think?

Disc: hold JAT

shasta
06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I’ve been having a closer look at JAT to get the good oil, so to speak. On the positive side they are planting different plants between rows of Jatropha to make use of the ground while the Jatropha is maturing. This should provide an interim revenue stream. Waste products from processing Jatropha seeds are also sellable or useable as a fuel source when the processing phase starts.

There seems to be building demand and general undersupply of Jatropha oil at the moment by looking at Alibaba.com. This is likely to be filled with the new large scale plantations or collectives appearing around the world. India has a huge Jatropha supply but most of that production seems to be for the heating and lighting market, not the fuel oil market. Toyota has a large plantation too in the Philippines I think.

Plantations are expanding rapidly, will JAT be quick enough and compete, stay a minnow or get swallowed by the big boys?

From a marketing perspective Jatropha oil will have a feel-good factor and gain market share. Will people prefer to fly on a plane powered by sustainable plants or dirty Florida polluting sludge? Personally, I go for price, so I’m no good as an indicator.

I see it can take four years for a plant to mature, but they can mature and seed faster in tropical zones like Asia, perhaps even seeding two times a year. Assuming a best case of 1000 plants per hectare and 2kg of seeds per plant per year, JAT currently has 1000ha of plants comes to 2 million kg of seeds. I haven’t found any prices for oil yet but have found seeds selling for .12c a kg. I don’t know if that is a high or low price. But that equates to $240k. JAT intends ramping up to 100,000ha, so 100 times $240k over time.

I guess the downside is the cost to produce oil if it is greater then the cost of refined oil. I am unsure how many uses of J-oil there are, but from a health perspective, villages prefer it to smoky substitutes for heating and lighting oil.

That said, I guess JAT is a 2-4 year growth and planting phase, with increasing oil quantities produced over that period.

What does everyone else think?

Disc: hold JAT

I like JAT because of where it is, in tropical South East Asia, heavily populated & a ready made market, & given the plants dont need much water local farmers now have another possible income stream without affecting existing crops.

They also have a partnership with PT Waterland International (Indonesia) to help them into production in late 2010.

JAT's closest competitor looks to be ASX:MBT & even they are moving away from palm oil to Jatropha oil, but i guess its all about scale, i read in JAT's recent newsletter, palm oil companies attract valuations of $US10 - 50k per hectare, so its indicative of what Jatropha could be worth.

$US10-50m market cap if they have 1,000ha in production (plants at maturity & seeding)

Current market cap @ $0.031 = ~$A3.5m (only 114m shares on issue), to the upside is potentially massive

Oil @ $US40/bbl has comparable costs to the Jatropha oil, so at the movement with oil > $US70/bbl makes exporting the Jatropha oil very profitable

shasta
22-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I like JAT because of where it is, in tropical South East Asia, heavily populated & a ready made market, & given the plants dont need much water local farmers now have another possible income stream without affecting existing crops.

They also have a partnership with PT Waterland International (Indonesia) to help them into production in late 2010.

JAT's closest competitor looks to be ASX:MBT & even they are moving away from palm oil to Jatropha oil, but i guess its all about scale, i read in JAT's recent newsletter, palm oil companies attract valuations of $US10 - 50k per hectare, so its indicative of what Jatropha could be worth.

$US10-50m market cap if they have 1,000ha in production (plants at maturity & seeding)

Current market cap @ $0.031 = ~$A3.5m (only 114m shares on issue), to the upside is potentially massive

Oil @ $US40/bbl has comparable costs to the Jatropha oil, so at the movement with oil > $US70/bbl makes exporting the Jatropha oil very profitable

JAT - JATOIL COMPLETES INDONESIAN TRANSACTION FOR FIRST 1,000 HECTARES OF JATROPHA

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=596343

Great ann with links to recent articles, a read good & glad to see this tiny market cap ramp up things for late 2010 production.

Plenty of upside

Disc: Nil

snackpack
22-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Excellent news. So if I have this right and using your $40 per barrel estimate, we could be expecting in the region of $US 176k for the first harvest. 700 tonnes at 6.3 barrels per tonne times $40 per barrel. The fact that they have secured buyers and oil production will increase as plants mature is promising too.

Their website implies much more acreage to be planted. Long term play but potential is there.

shasta
08-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Excellent news. So if I have this right and using your $40 per barrel estimate, we could be expecting in the region of $US 176k for the first harvest. 700 tonnes at 6.3 barrels per tonne times $40 per barrel. The fact that they have secured buyers and oil production will increase as plants mature is promising too.

Their website implies much more acreage to be planted. Long term play but potential is there.

JAT - Commences first biofuel production

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=598132

Plenty of upside for this tiddler micro cap, especially as production ramps up

shasta
26-07-2010, 06:17 PM
JAT - Quarterly Cashflow Statement

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=599644

Cash in hand $4.2m

Market cap @ $0.024 < $3m

Should be more news this quarter on production progress

snackpack
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Announcement today that JAT are completing a 4 for 1 share consolidation and are buying a coal mine in Kalimantan. It appears to be a way of maintaining income while they are developing the jatropha plantations.

shasta
06-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Announcement today that JAT are completing a 4 for 1 share consolidation and are buying a coal mine in Kalimantan. It appears to be a way of maintaining income while they are developing the jatropha plantations.

Here's the ann

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=604846

Not sure why they are doing a share consolidation when they only have ~115m on issue & a ~3c share price

Given JAT appears to be on the "alternative energy" track it is a bit disappointing they have turned to "dirty" coal

snackpack
06-09-2010, 05:22 PM
From my understanding, the consolidation is a requirement of listing rules. As for the coal the announcement explains it thus:

It mitigates development risk and is complementary. I guess that means cashflow is the primary reason

shasta
06-09-2010, 05:27 PM
From my understanding, the consolidation is a requirement of listing rules. As for the coal the announcement explains it thus:

It mitigates development risk and is complementary. I guess that means cashflow is the primary reason

So JAT becomes ~30m shares @ ~$0.12, doesnt make sense to me, wouldn't less shares free float cause more liquidity issues?

The coal transaction may provide another revenue stream, but given Jatropha's "green" nature, (& the fact MBT is looking at going that way rather than palm oil), it's disappointing it can't promote itself as a "clean alternative energy company", thats at least what i thought they were aiming for!

shasta
06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
So JAT becomes ~30m shares @ ~$0.12, doesnt make sense to me, wouldn't less shares free float cause more liquidity issues?

The coal transaction may provide another revenue stream, but given Jatropha's "green" nature, (& the fact MBT is looking at going that way rather than palm oil), it's disappointing it can't promote itself as a "clean alternative energy company", thats at least what i thought they were aiming for!

JAT - Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=604936

A good background account of what Jatoil are all about

snackpack
06-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I have to admit that the coal arrangement goes against their stated principles. Perhaps it is a short term project until they get the renewables producing at full steam?

shasta
06-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I have to admit that the coal arrangement goes against their stated principles. Perhaps it is a short term project until they get the renewables producing at full steam?

Does look a bit like an attempt to move the share price before the consolidation, but thats the cynic in me!

The presentation focuses on Jatropha not coal!

shasta
27-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Does look a bit like an attempt to move the share price before the consolidation, but thats the cynic in me!

The presentation focuses on Jatropha not coal!

JAT - Focus on Indonesia after strategic review

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=607065

JAT's 46% owned Vietnam project will be written down to $0, showing a $2.5m impairment

JAT will now focus on Jatropha biofuel & Coal projects in Indonesia

shasta
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
JAT - Focus on Indonesia after strategic review

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=607065

JAT's 46% owned Vietnam project will be written down to $0, showing a $2.5m impairment

JAT will now focus on Jatropha biofuel & Coal projects in Indonesia

JAT - To commence regular biofuel output after new plantation purchase

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=JAT&E=ASX&N=608605

Fantastic that they are now in production & will give the market weekly updates

JAT should re-rate accordingly

Disc: Nil

snackpack
07-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Excellent news. Still a long road to hoe, but regular income is certainly a bright spot.

upside_umop
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Shasta, any idea if this will be cashflow positive?

Jatropha sounds good and all, but aren't economies of scale pretty key?

Also, what benchmark does Jatoil usually sell at?

shasta
08-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Shasta, any idea if this will be cashflow positive?

Jatropha sounds good and all, but aren't economies of scale pretty key?

Also, what benchmark does Jatoil usually sell at?

Good questions UU

Size & scale is certainly an issue, but having PT Waterland onboard is helping them increase there size, & focus in Indonesia

As for cashflow positive will have to wait for the quarterly, im guessing this quarterly will be negative, but they do have sufficient funds

snackpack
09-11-2010, 07:13 AM
latest newsletter states that JAT are still undertaking due diligence on the coal mine merger, and are happy after a site visit. The idea is that the coal mine will provide significant cash to further the Jatropha plantations. Interestingly, crude oil only provides 25% of profit where other inter-crops are likely to add profit, such as natural sweetener plants. Making fertiliser and other by-products will also help diversify the product list. They are developing a Jatropha variety that will produce 25% more oil, soJAT are heavy into R&D which is good.

COLIN
09-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Weren't Air New Zealand trialling jatropha in their jets? I don't think we have heard much, if anything, about that lately. Hope it wasn't the oil that Qantas found on their 380's, the "oil where it shouldn't be!"

upside_umop
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Weren't Air New Zealand trialling jatropha in their jets? I don't think we have heard much, if anything, about that lately. Hope it wasn't the oil that Qantas found on their 380's, the "oil where it shouldn't be!"

I thought it was Algae from some ponds up in Marlborough way. Potentially doing both.

I like to keep an eye on these sort of stocks, but none have caught my fancy with any real sound economics. Will JAT actually be cashflow positive anytime soon from Jatropha tree operations? I haven't seen any presentation/informatioin yet that shows they will.

snackpack
09-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I understand JAT to be in the initial development stage. Until the do the mass planting and the trees mature the yield will be relatively low. Thrown into the mix id development and improvement of varieties of Jatropha plants. Arguably, these new strains need to be identified, cross pollinated, oil output quantified after maturation (3-4 years or so) and planted en-masse until they mature. As an interim, they are investigating cash crops that can be grown concurrently with Jatropha. The coal merger is another method of gaining quick cash to fund further plant development, land acquisition and planting processes.

None of this will happen anytime soon, other than potentially selling coal in 9 months or so.

COLIN
09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I became most wary of investing in alternative energy projects after getting burnt 2/3 years ago with outfits like VIR, PAX, IFG and WHN. There may be the odd exception around, but my advice would be to tread very carefully, unless of course you wish to invest for high-minded reasons other than to preserve/enhance your capital.

snackpack
23-11-2010, 07:18 AM
JAT have a recent interview on boardroom radio. Basically summing up the latest report, explaining the coal mine concept (short term high cash flow, get some traction in the share price, provide funds for more jatropha planting) and making positive statements about progress o the jatropha front.

shasta
23-11-2010, 01:25 PM
JAT have a recent interview on boardroom radio. Basically summing up the latest report, explaining the coal mine concept (short term high cash flow, get some traction in the share price, provide funds for more jatropha planting) and making positive statements about progress o the jatropha front.

Must say after JAT's diversion into coal i kinda lost interest, the alternative energy sector is stagnant at present with the oil price making producers, refineries, petrol stations & customers all relatively happy, in the $US75 - 85/bbl range

I'll re-evaluate the alternative energy companies i follow, when the oil price is north of $US100/bbl

snackpack
13-12-2010, 03:03 PM
A Chinese cornerstone shareholder has been announced. Headline as follows:

Mr Li Xipeng of China Infrastructure Investment Corp. commits to buy an initial 17.1 million Jatoil shares (13.04%)
· Commits to an extra $1.536 million if the proposed Blackrock coal purchase
proceeds
· Mr Li to buy first rights to invest directly in Jatoil’s Indonesian biofuel and coal
assets.

Mr Li bought in at 0.04c per share with the following quote:

Mr Li said: “I have been looking for an asset like Jatoil for some time. I like the Jatoil’s
focus on conventional energy for the present, with an equally important focus on
renewable energy for future generations. Both fit well with my investment and business
plans over the next decade.”
The funds raised from both transactions will be used by Jatoil for working capital as it
continues to operate its current projects and moves to expand its jatropha joint venture
with Waterland and the Blackrock coal projects."

I note due dilligence for the coal assets has not been completed yet.

snackpack
13-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Thinking further, I wonder what the business interests are likely to be in regard to Chinese market access. For starters, there is Jartopha oil once production ramps up, sales of jatropha by-products (seed cake, I think it is called), crops that are grown concurrently with jatropha and coal if due diligence supports buying into the venture. I am unsure if there would be any transfer of cultivar technology to China. It could be another earning stream, as arguably, JATOIL is developing a wealth of cultivation data and plant technology.

But I note too that the company has a relatively small market cap, where it could just be bought out with multinational petty cash. Hopefully not at this stage.

shasta
13-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Thinking further, I wonder what the business interests are likely to be in regard to Chinese market access. For starters, there is Jartopha oil once production ramps up, sales of jatropha by-products (seed cake, I think it is called), crops that are grown concurrently with jatropha and coal if due diligence supports buying into the venture. I am unsure if there would be any transfer of cultivar technology to China. It could be another earning stream, as arguably, JATOIL is developing a wealth of cultivation data and plant technology.

But I note too that the company has a relatively small market cap, where it could just be bought out with multinational petty cash. Hopefully not at this stage.

Far too small in size & scale to have any international company running the ruler over them, which is good, so long as they can keep raising capital.

I see some sense in the coal project, but it kinda conflicts with Mr Li's & his renewable energy focus!

Not sure where China could/would fit in, but Vietnam, Laos, Thailand etc gives JAT plenty of room to expand into

China is moving more towards nuclear energy, based on the sheer number of reactors they have planned

snackpack
14-12-2010, 07:19 AM
I think the nukes are more for domestic power demand, where jatropha oil is good as a vehicle/aircraft fuel. The coal would have more industrial applications, but I don't know the grade they potentially have. I am puzzled too, but think that in general terms, the Chinese are long term strategic thinkers. Mr Li is probably positioning himself for when full production kicks-in in a few years. Like you I don't get the coal except as a short term cash generating vehicle and a method of generating shareholder value. I think they will spin it off or sell it when the jatropha enterprise stands on its own feet to get back to core principles.

snackpack
23-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Jat announce that they have completed due diligence on Blackrocks coal resource. They estimate between 36.4 million tonnnes and 43.1 million tonnes of coal. More than 30 outcrops and several measured thicknesses greater than 6 metres. Jat will issue 25 million JAT shares to Blackrock after the 4 to 1 share split. Jat shares closed at 4.5c on over a million shares volume (9% gain). More Blackrock coal assets are to be tested and more detailed info coming in February according to the news release.

snackpack
30-12-2010, 06:55 PM
JAT shot up 16% today to 5 cents; about 7/10th's of a cent rise on 500,000 shares traded. No news today so I wonder if it has something to do with people positioning themselves ahead of the 1 for 4 share consolidation coming soon?

Any ideas out there?

snackpack
08-01-2011, 07:19 AM
JAT have released a huge amount of info regarding the coal mine buy as part of the Extraordinary AGM document. I haven't grasped the implications yet as it is a big read. Basically, name change to "Jatenergy", share consolidation, large coal bearing estate in a proven coal area, first production in 6-9 months at a small mine close to a port followed by mining a larger resource further inland in 2-3 years. The small mine will give early cashflow and has about 0.6mt of coal at a possible sale price of $97 per tonne. I did not note an estimate of mining costs per tonne, but I have only scanned the document thus far. JAT are portraying the coal as good quality thermal grade coal, though I need to learn more of the terminology to understand the calorific and impurity data.

snackpack
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
The JAT roller coaster is still running with a recent decline on news that the Blackrock coal project has not passed due diligence. The wording of the statement infers there may be trouble or at least a setback with the proposal. Latest news out states that they have sold 200 tonnes of Jatropha oil to the airline industry. Jatropha oil is gaining prominence with EU airlines actively seeking out stocks to meet new carbon reduction and sustainability requirements. Lufthansa has visited the company as part of their research.

snackpack
04-02-2011, 05:17 PM
JAT is about to start trading energy commodities as a core part of the company business. Still mentioning coal for short term gains and securing project capital through asian markets. Quite high volume traded today.

snackpack
08-02-2011, 05:04 PM
OK, I've just had my "What the ?!?" moment. Jat have entered into a binding letter of intent to acquire four coal exploration permits in the Galilee Basin in Queensland. Share price currently up 42% on 6 million turnover today.

shasta
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
OK, I've just had my "What the ?!?" moment. Jat have entered into a binding letter of intent to acquire four coal exploration permits in the Galilee Basin in Queensland. Share price currently up 42% on 6 million turnover today.

Yeah i saw that & i think the market likes the permit area with the likes of Linc Energy nearby, im interested in JAT again

Have a read of the MTE ann out today, that thermal coal/UCG play is in the same neighbour & Xstrata have permits around that area

Plenty of Coal Seam Gas projects around that area too, so these resource minnows with permits must surely be sitting ducks

snackpack
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Still climbing. Up to 50% gain. Definitely a popular move. Interesting comment regarding takeover possibility. JAT will be halting trading for a month soon as they consolidate shares and re-issue at 1:4 shares. Well, I'm in a good mood!

snackpack
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Looks as if JATDA will resume trading on the 18th of April. The share consolidation and cap raising are complete and fully subscribed.

snackpack
19-04-2011, 06:50 PM
JAT is trading again. First day at 20 cents.

snackpack
19-05-2011, 05:06 PM
JAT has entered a binding agreement for six tenements in the Bowen Basin of QLD. This is in addition to the Galilee Basin tenements. All subject to due diligence etc.

snackpack
27-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Jat still heading down. Huge change from the 20c rights recently. Don't quite know what can turn this company around.

snackpack
16-07-2011, 07:06 AM
JAT had a 40% rise yesterday after a few small 1c gains recently. Still 5-6 c away from the recent re-list price.
They still expect to produce coal by the end of the year from Indonesia and are expanding oil seed production and planting. The oil seed bit still has a long way to go as they develop cultivars and plant huge tracts of land. Oil seed maturity is four years or so, but volumes can be extracted in less years on the tree. Will be interesting to see how much coal are in their QLD Bowen and Galilee tenements and large Indonesian tenements.

shasta
16-07-2011, 08:50 PM
JAT had a 40% rise yesterday after a few small 1c gains recently. Still 5-6 c away from the recent re-list price.
They still expect to produce coal by the end of the year from Indonesia and are expanding oil seed production and planting. The oil seed bit still has a long way to go as they develop cultivars and plant huge tracts of land. Oil seed maturity is four years or so, but volumes can be extracted in less years on the tree. Will be interesting to see how much coal are in their QLD Bowen and Galilee tenements and large Indonesian tenements.

Whilst i can appreciate JAT's opportunisitic forray into coal, i still belief the followers of the JAT story are interested in the Jatropha assets, maybe the coal projects are sending the wrong signal to shareholders?

snackpack
17-07-2011, 06:56 AM
I tend to agree and think a lot of people have bailed the company since coal became part of the mix. I do understand the logic though, Jatropha is going to take a lot of time to get developed and start producing significant volumes.

snackpack
26-08-2011, 05:17 PM
JAT are opening an office in QLD and employed a geologist and permit specialist. They have also advised of another quick-to-market coal prospect in Indonesia. It has been a slow grind but they are starting to get their ducks in a row with their coal prospects. Haven't heard much on the Jatropha side of the house. Still developing, planting and processing the mature plants I guess.

shasta
18-01-2020, 02:35 PM
It's been a wee while since any posts and the company has a whole new direction now, with its many links to China through it's milk infant formula business and a newly created plant based meat business.

The name Jatenergy is no longer applicable and will be changed pending shareholder approval.

Went into a trading halt on Friday pending news of a material contract

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/jat.asx-2A1198121/

Despite the many forays into different directions in the past, it seems things are finally going to plan, my average cost is 5.3c.

Those interested in the plant based meats thematic, check out ASX;ROO, this sector could be huge.

Based on watching the Game Changer doco on Netflix, along with a couple of other docos i've gone Vegan, hence my interest in this area.