PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Meeting - Monday July 12th 2010 at 5.30pm

Pages : [1] 2

Serpie
25-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Jack Sprat and others have previously suggested more regular meetings for the Canterbury region traders/investors, and it was raised again at the National Convention over the weekend, and there seemed to be a bit of interest.

It was suggested that these have a different format to the quarterly meetings, which are going strong and are great as both a social occasion and as a forum for sharing info. We saw again over the weekend how the occasion benefited from visitors from both the north and the south, and we wouldn't want to give that up.

But there are those that are also keen to sit around a table with a tea or coffee (or perhaps a beer for those of us that can't help ourselves) and notepads/laptops and discuss more specific trends or techniques on a more regular basis.

So we'll give it a crack, and I'd like to propose Thursday September 11th (an easy to remember date) at 7pm for the first meeting. It has been suggested that, if we can get a group up and running, some may like to host these meetings at their homes, but I'd suggest that we try it in a public place first, and see if it evolves from there.

I'll find a place for the first one that has a quiet seated area, with tea and coffee facilities, plenty of light and space, and power available for laptops.

It would be nice to hear from anyone that may be keen for these meetings so we can get some idea of whether we need to find space for 3 people or for a dozen.

Cheers
Serpie

trackers
25-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi Serpie,

What a legend taking time out to do these sorts of things... I'm sure all the other christchurch sharetrader's appreciate it as much as I do. I'd definitely be up for it! The more you put in, the more you get out so doing a bit of extra-curricular study with like-minded individuals would be a great idea

Crypto Crude
25-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I wont come to all of them serpie... but as the first meeting is the most important one, I will make sure I am there...
thanks buddy...
:cool:
.^sc

kiwiwim
25-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Serpie, I'll be there.
Do you suggest the 2nd Thursday in each month, as a fixed date?
Would like to know if anyone else is using Metastock for recording, could have some interesting screen shows to discuss TA.

Wim

Serpie
25-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I think we've got enough to go ahead.

From Saturday's meeting there's 7-8 that have indicated an interest, and I can think of at least 3 or 4 others that may show up from time to time, so we'll give it a crack.

And perhaps these more casual meetings may entice others out of the woodwork as well.

Please keep the feedback coming and I'll get the venue underway.

Kiwiwim,
I was thinking about varying the day to allow those that may have standing commitments on a Thursday to come to other meetings, so perhaps the next one will be on a Tuesday or Wednesday? Or we can standardise them if it's easier for everyone. We can discuss at the first meeting.

Serpie
25-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Kiwibear suggested the new South Christchurch Library as a possible venue, so I went and had a look today, and it will be perfect for our first monthly meeting.

So I've booked the boardroom for Thursday 11th September from 7.30pm - 9.30pm.
It seats up to 30 people, and has projector/PC interface equipment, so we should be able to hook up to a big screen if we want to, as well as all of the electronic whiteboard stuff.

(They have smaller rooms that seat 10-12 people, but it would be a bit cramped if we have a good turnout).

Tea and coffee facilities are provided.

Please note that I'll be asking Vince to move this thread to the "Investment Groups and Clubs" section on Sharetrader in the next few days because that's probably where it belongs, so please check there for it when it disappears from here.

KiwiBear
26-08-2008, 04:30 AM
South Christchurch Library boardroom is a GR8 venue thanks Serps I'll be there.
Has fridge too to keep the beer cool!

A group of like minded friends who did 'Stockcourse' with me had monthly meetings there,
and I have an acct there also. We used to divide up the cost and chip in for the night no probs
as long as we were out before 10pm for the cleaners. Plenty of bars nearby for the hard-core
to carry on if need be to drown loses or celebrate gains LOL.

Could have an agenda topic for discussion or a group expert to give a talk each session, or
have a white board area in the "Investment Groups and Clubs ChCh" for members wishes.
Also could entice subject matter experts to give a lecture.

I can bring a projector for setups, have a live acct to put up charts etc.

I enjoy the collective knowledge of this group, having a regular meet is great for motivation and ideas.

Regards the Bear

Serpie
26-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks Kiwi, and thanks for the venue. Looks good. First in first served for space in the fridge!

I'll PM you about organising the presentation equipment - it sounds like you're our man in that field.

I agree that an agenda of some sort is a good idea, especially for the first meeting, and I would welcome ideas for discussion topics to get things going.

Personally I'm keen to talk more about technical indicators that are working for others, and things like the use of trailing stops.

I've also been thinking about searching for all of the tradeable (NZX,NZAX,Unlisted) companies that have a presence in the region and inviting them to come along and pitch their presentations. A low key, low pressure environment may appeal to some, even as a dummy run for an AGM presentation? Who knows - we can only ask, but we'll see how we go in terms of set up and numbers, and of course what everyone thinks of this idea.

Note: This thread will be moving to the "Investment Groups and Clubs" thread at the end of the week. Please check for it there.

Serpie
29-08-2008, 10:44 AM
With so much chatter about the Auckland & Wellington meetings I thought I should bump the ChCh meeting thread back to the top of list.

But mainly this is a reminder that Vince will be moving this thread to the Investment Clubs and Meetings section tonight, so please look for it there.

I'd like to table Phaedrus's "fiasco" post as one discussion point at our first meeting, and I've also got the latest AFR Smart Investor magazine which has some entry level charting stuff (head and shoulders, ascending/descending triangles etc) which I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on.

Crypto Crude
29-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Looking forward to it Sir Pee...
.^sc

STRAT
29-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry to butt in but if any of you mainlanders are planning to be up in Auckland or round about over the next two months and would like to join us in sunny Aucland Id be more than happy to schedule the meeting around your travel plans if I can. Anyone interested let me know on the Jafa ST Meeting thread.

kiwiwim
04-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Serpie
Do you know if the carpark at South Library will stay open until the end of our meeting?

Library closes at 7pm!

KiwiBear
04-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Serpie
Do you know if the carpark at South Library will stay open until the end of our meeting?

Library closes at 7pm!

KW, the south city carpark never closes no gates. The cleaners coming to clean the rooms
after 10pm is the only limiting factor! But maybe could be bribed to clean our meeting room last ;-)

Serpie
04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Actually they did tell me that they lock the gates at 7pm, so we have to park on the street outside. I think the gates have only just gone in Bear.

I asked Vince to move this thread to the Clubs forum tonight.

Serpie
10-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Just a reminder about the casual catch up tomorrow evening.
I'll bring the laptop along so we can throw a few charts up and swap some ideas.

Serpie
12-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks to those who came along last night. Some old faces and some new among the 7 that were there. Thank you to Shrewd for the apology.
Thank you to Kiwibear for the projector. That made a huge difference.

I learnt a lot last night about timing of trades, and hoefully the discussion was helpful to others.
Last night was just a trial to see how we went, so I didn't worry about an agenda, but if everyone is keen to do it again then please post discussion ideas here, and we can tighten it up a bit for next time.

Also please feel free to comment on the venue, and suggest a time and date for the next meeting.

Cheers
Serpie

Financially dependant
12-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Yes I enjoyed the night and also learn't heaps..

I will be playing around with candles now:)!

Location was good for the purpose, I would be happy to car pool with anyone over my way (Avonhead etc)?

One suggestion is splitting the night up with a different subjects a bit like a investment strategy. Something like: Broad business environment-sector-FA-TA etc.

Last night was good because Kiwibear & Brut have lots of experience with charting so that was the theme for the night, so depending who ever turns up might dictate some subjects??

Just writing out loud and open to ideas...

Crypto Crude
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I was so desperate to come but I just could not make it...
I feel better now, I can barely talk though...
since ive gone flatting, ive been sick 3 times in a month... starting to wonder if the house was an ex P lab...
I was going to take Bermuda but since I never got back to him as I wasnot going, he forgot... So my apologies on his behalf aswell...
FD,
I live on Waimarai road real close to you (same road as the bush bar)... would be good to car pool...
I will send you a PM closer to the next meeting...
.^sc

bermuda
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I was so desperate to come but I just could not make it...
I feel better now, I can barely talk though...
since ive gone flatting, ive been sick 3 times in a month... starting to wonder if the house was an ex P lab...
I was going to take Bermuda but since I never got back to him as I wasnot going, he forgot... So my apologies on his behalf aswell...
FD,
I live on Waimarai road real close to you (same road as the bush bar)... would be good to car pool...
I will send you a PM closer to the next meeting...
.^sc

I wanted to come but this flu put me to bed at 9.30 and during the night I realised I had forgotten all about it. I promise to give you a bit of a run down on what VPE and BOW are up to next time.
Cheers Guys

Financially dependant
12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Super B & shrewdy,

We heard you guys were not to well, hope you get better soon..

Next meeting I can pick you guys on route to start the car pooling going? as you say PM closer to date.

cheers FD

Serpie
15-09-2008, 09:51 AM
If someone would like to suggest a date for the next meeting then I can book the venue again.
I think we'll go for one of the smaller meeting rooms next time so we're not so spread out.

Crypto Crude
15-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Im pretty flexible sir pee...
If anyone cant make a certain date, then post here now, otherwise our man sir pee will slot in a date...
.^sc

Serpie
16-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I just purchased a full version of that Bourse software that we were using at the ChCh meeting, and manged to get the laptop hooked up to the big TV in the lounge.

Big, beautiful charts!

Ditched my WOR on close yesterday, but thinking about getting back in again today.

Crypto Crude
16-09-2008, 01:59 PM
whats the topic for the next meeting serpie?
perhaps we could talk about market risk...
.^sc

Serpie
16-09-2008, 02:12 PM
The topic for the next meeting will be:
"Bonus Bonds - not so bad after all".

I'm going all techy Shrewd (cos I suck at FA) so I'm keen to talk more about charting and TA, but we had a pretty heavy session on that last Thursday, so we need to break it up a bit.

Perhaps everyone (that wants to) has a chance to pitch their favourite stock based on fundamentals?

Brut's also got a DVD on the psychology of investing that I found really interesting, and there's quite a lot on YouTube that we can have a look at too.

I'm also keen to get a couple of paper trading parcels going that we hand around among the group. Perhaps 2 x $5k bundles that get "babysat" by members from one meeting to another. Let's see how good we are!

But it's a collaborative thing, so it depends who's there and where they want to take it.
I think we need to set up a video link for Oiler though.

minimoke
17-09-2008, 07:35 AM
[quote=Shrewd Crude;222856]
since ive gone flatting, ive been sick 3 times in a month... /quote]

Now there’s another reason that should be in your ‘First home” thread! Get well.

Financially dependant
17-09-2008, 12:52 PM
The topic for the next meeting will be:
"Bonus Bonds - not so bad after all".

I'm going all techy Shrewd (cos I suck at FA) so I'm keen to talk more about charting and TA, but we had a pretty heavy session on that last Thursday, so we need to break it up a bit.

Perhaps everyone (that wants to) has a chance to pitch their favourite stock based on fundamentals?

Brut's also got a DVD on the psychology of investing that I found really interesting, and there's quite a lot on YouTube that we can have a look at too.

I'm also keen to get a couple of paper trading parcels going that we hand around among the group. Perhaps 2 x $5k bundles that get "babysat" by members from one meeting to another. Let's see how good we are!

But it's a collaborative thing, so it depends who's there and where they want to take it.
I think we need to set up a video link for Oiler though.

Hey Serpie,

Being doing some home work before the next meeting (I am pretty much open date wise) on charting. I found a great place for me to learn some of the basics, with lots of video's on utube. All free:)!!

http://www.informedtrades.com/trades.php?page=school

Crypto Crude
17-09-2008, 12:59 PM
FD,
YEah AA was telling me about U tube TA... and theres lots of real fun video links to watch... I highly recommend it...
see you all at the next meeting...
.^sc

Serpie
17-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Cheers FD,
Has a quick look at that link and it looks as though there's heaps there. I need all of the advice and traning I can get at the moment so will get stuck in.
I'll pop into the ChCh South Library next time I'm passing and book a room. Might make it a Wednesday this time, just for something different.

bermuda
17-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Serpie,
I really wanted to come and join you but circumstances prevailed...Shrewdy has taken the rap. He is a good boy that Shrewdy. Isnt it great when you mate takes the rap.. But it wasnt all your fault Shrewdy. This flu has really knocked a few people.

Anyway, what about you giving us a lttle slide show on your little 'investment game' that you have going with Brut.

It sounds interesting.

Cheers

ps lost all three tennis games last night...and only had 34 stableford points today.

Serpie
17-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been crook myself lately Bermuda, so no explanation necessary. Heaps of bugs going around.

I'm sure Brut could talk for hours about how he whipped me in our little contest, but we could probably summarise what we did, why we did it, and what we learned in about 10 minutes (or 20-30 minutes if we include all of my mistakes - beware falling knives!).

Crypto Crude
17-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I work Wednesday nites mate...(just got in)...
and next thursday im celebrating my Birthday......
How about following week?
Or just next time for me....
.^sc

trackers
23-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Happy birthday for Thursday Shrewdie...

Man this thread is hard to find sometimes...Annoying as I keep forgetting about it!

Crypto Crude
23-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh my birthday is friday but im celebrating with friends on thursday (who also have the same birth date as mine... and Sat im going to the Shane Cameron fight, and watching warriors...
Hey um... its about time we started making plans for the next NC event... I will put a post up now...
.^sc

trackers
23-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh my birthday is friday but im celebrating with friends on thursday (who also have the same birth date as mine... and Sat im going to the Shane Cameron fight, and watching warriors...
Hey um... its about time we started making plans for the next NC event... I will put a post up now...
.^sc

Saturday will be a cracker, would have loved to see Shane Cameron fight but am too stingy to pay $75... Warriors will be epic game though.

kiwiwim
29-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi Serpie
I may have missed a thread, but has a date been set?
I enjoyed our first meeting; the boardroom worked well for our group.
Has the smaller room an overhead projector installed that we can use?
It seems that it is hard to get a date suitable to everyone! Why not throw a dart at the calendar, and see who turns up.
Your suggested topics for the next meeting sound great. A bit of TA, followed by some individual introduction to a specific share with reasons why being it TA or FA.
Would love to hear Bermuda's comments on CSG and oil following his visit to OZ.
Now that spring is here, I hope that you and every one else are over the winter colds.
Cheers

Serpie
29-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Gidday Kiwiwim,

There didn't seem to be much support on the public forums for the meetings, so we've taken it "underground".

I'll PM you about the next meeting. Anyone else who is keen please PM me. Anytime.

Serpie
19-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Hello all,

How about 13th June for a ChCh meeting? This allows a bit of time for our out of town guests to make arrangements.

Our good friend Oiler has suggested the Holiday Inn in Cashel St, as they have a lounge bar there. Comfortable seating, and easy to hear everyone.

It's directly opposite The Stock Exchange which we all know well from previous meetings.

Please let me know if this suits.

Ish
19-05-2009, 12:20 PM
The 13th sounds good.

I look forward to the meeting.

Oiler
19-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Hello all,

How about 13th June for a ChCh meeting? This allows a bit of time for our out of town guests to make arrangements.

Our good friend Oiler has suggested the Holiday Inn in Cashel St, as they have a lounge bar there. Comfortable seating, and easy to hear everyone.

It's directly opposite The Stock Exchange which we all know well from previous meetings.

Please let me know if this suits.

Bugga

The 13th is the only weekend in June that doesnt suit me. I am in Brisbane that weekend.

Lets see what others suggest........

Serpie
19-05-2009, 06:42 PM
It's not a meeting unless you're there Oiler.

How's the 20th for everyone?

trackers
19-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Keen as! - unfortunately missed the last one due to being away, so it was bermudas house since my last catchup

bermuda
19-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Keen as! - unfortunately missed the last one due to being away, so it was bermudas house since my last catchup
Hi trackers,
that was a great party. Hey I wont be able to make it as will be away as from 29th May for 5 weeks. But if anyone wants a beer I will be at the Lone Star ( Riccarton Bush Inn ) Johnny Cash bar as from 5pm next Monday. Shrewdy...you going to be there mate.? Haven't seen you for ages.

Oiler
20-05-2009, 04:30 AM
It's not a meeting unless you're there Oiler.

How's the 20th for everyone?

Thanks Serpie ;)

The 20th is OK for me.

trackers
20-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi trackers,
that was a great party. Hey I wont be able to make it as will be away as from 29th May for 5 weeks. But if anyone wants a beer I will be at the Lone Star ( Riccarton Bush Inn ) Johnny Cash bar as from 5pm next Monday. Shrewdy...you going to be there mate.? Haven't seen you for ages.

Sounds good Bermuda, keen to pop past on Monday for a beer - Be good to see Shrewdy there too!

A J
20-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm keen for the 20th June!

Skeet is away in Thailand at the moment but I think he should be back by then so I'm sure he would be in to!

Cheers
Aaron

Financially dependant
20-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi trackers,

I will be in the neighbourhood too.....always keen on beer!

20th good for me too (should have been a bit of action on the drill front by then too...:))

Crypto Crude
21-05-2009, 11:00 AM
20th is good for me...

I wont be in chch on the Monday...:(...
I have my great chinese friends family here and we are going to Hamner...
I dont have anything set for later in the week
how about the thursday B...?
or perhaps I will drop in before you leave...
.^sc

bermuda
21-05-2009, 11:14 AM
20th is good for me...

I wont be in chch on the Monday...:(...
I have my great chinese friends family here and we are going to Hamner...
I dont have anything set for later in the week
how about the thursday B...?
or perhaps I will drop in before you leave...
.^sc

Okay Shrewdy, let's cancel Monday and I will see you and the team on Thursday 28th at 5pm at the Lone Star Bush Inn. In the Johnny Cash Bar.

Hope this suits all. Cheers

Crypto Crude
21-05-2009, 12:17 PM
im there...

bermuda,
I will bring the cash....
you come looking like Johnny...

FD... I hope that suits, I owe you and Bermuda a few beers...

Trackers... be good to catch up...
.^sc

Serpie
21-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I'll be there too.
I've got family in town over the next few days, so Thursday is much better.

trackers
21-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Thursday's good for me. Beer on a Monday always tastes funny anyway :)

Financially dependant
21-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Thursday's good for me. Beer on a Monday always tastes funny anyway :)

Good for me too.....looks like with have a quorum....:)

Ish
28-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I'll be in the area and might drop by aswell ;)

Serpie
28-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry guys. I've got heaps of invoicing to do so I'll have to pass on this one.
Have fun!

Oiler
28-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry guys. I've got heaps of invoicing to do so I'll have to pass on this one.
Have fun!

Serpie has got his priorities right :D:D

Cash flow first............ party later ;)

See you all on the 20th June.

Crypto Crude
29-05-2009, 03:44 AM
oiler...
well.....
I just got in....
you wouldnt believe it......

see you all on the 20th.....
I will definately be at Sir Pee's party...
.^sc

trackers
29-05-2009, 07:33 AM
good mini meet last night, was good to catch up with a few old faces and a couple of new ones (well for me anyway)!

Looking forward to the next one on the 20th

Serpie
29-05-2009, 09:44 AM
oiler...
well.....
I just got in....

.^sc

You're an animal mate. I'll be home all weekend. Come up for a beer when your head stops hurting.

Oiler
29-05-2009, 06:40 PM
oiler...
well.....
I just got in....

.^sc

You are an animal Shrewdy.:D

I ran into your mentor Bermuda today at Auckland Airport and he was shocked when I told him you got home at 4:30 in the morning.

He is going to talk to you when he gets back from golfing in Fiji. :cool::cool:

See you all on the 20th.

Crypto Crude
29-05-2009, 07:10 PM
last night at the sharetraders meeting someone (I wont mention names) put forward WCU... so I went and bought a few options today...
Thanks for the tip...
im punting...
.^sc

bermuda
30-05-2009, 04:03 PM
last night at the sharetraders meeting someone (I wont mention names) put forward WCU... so I went and bought a few options today...
Thanks for the tip...
im punting...
.^sc

Shrewd Cue,
Ran into oiler at Auckland airport yesterday. Sounded as though Thursday night was pretty big!

Crypto Crude
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Im looking forward to the meeting on the 21st...
whats the plan Sir pee?
where we meeting...
.^sc

troyvdh
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
...how nurdy are you blokes....

Crypto Crude
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
come along and find out...

some would say we are bad to the bone...
.^sc

airedale
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM

" Nerdy".....I have never heard "Nerdy" and "Airedale" in the same sentence:):).

Serpie
01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
20th Shrewdy. In the house bar of the big hotel opposite The Stock Exchange.

There's a real mix Troy. That fact that people come along to these in the first place mean that they're fairly outgoing and friendly characters. I've yet to see a pocket protector on any of the attendees.

STRAT
02-06-2009, 02:50 AM
...how nurdy are you blokes....Surprisingly the opposite actually.

Clearly you have yet to be put in a headlock by Macdunk. I hear that red beard is like sandpaper :eek:

STRAT
02-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the tip...
im punting...
.^scI went :D punting :D when I was down in Christchurch in Feb Shrewdy. A bit touristy I know.

trackers
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Shrewdy's a bit of a nerd but the rest of us are -> :cool:

just kidding! :o

The Second Mouse
05-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi there.

I have just joined the Sharetrader Forum and live in Christchurch . I would like to come along on the 20th if that's okay. Which hotel is it?

Cheers

Serpie
05-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi there.

I have just joined the Sharetrader Forum and live in Christchurch . I would like to come along on the 20th if that's okay. Which hotel is it?

Cheers

Welcome to The Second Mouse!

Holiday Inn in Cashel St. Would be great to see you there.

Cheers
Serpie

The Second Mouse
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks. I'll see you there

upside_umop
05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
ill be a geek and come as per.

STRAT
05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
ill be a geek and come as per.Thats a fib Ooomop, I know a few geeks and you dont qualify ;)

upside_umop
05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Strat! Your ruining my image! Shhh :rolleyes:

Brut
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Not sure about Geeky, but attached is a photo of the President of the local Chch Sharetraders at a recent meeting!

Can you recognise this guy? He seems to be enjoying himself!

Oiler
07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Not sure about Geeky, but attached is a photo of the President of the local Chch Sharetraders at a recent meeting!

Brut
LOL, Give the guy a break... kids grow up too quick. :D It looks like he is enjoying his Brainy Toys :rolleyes:

Serpie
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Charming. Invite me around for a couple of drinks, and then secretly photograph me and put the photos on the internet.

Didn't you do time for something similar?

STRAT
07-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Brut
It looks like he is enjoying his Brainy Toys :rolleyes:Dunno Oiler I reckon hes thinkin about the Stock Market. Notice the dice? :D

Oiler
16-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Dunno Oiler I reckon hes thinkin about the Stock Market. Notice the dice? :D

STRAT.. I think he is contemplating buying more BRT :eek:

Christchurch is the happening place on Saturday night. Holiday Inn on Cashel Mall from 4pm onwards.

There will be a free drink (or two ) and some nibbles for all who attend.

With the market starting to show "green shoots" I am sure there will be plenty to talk about.

As always, look forward to seeing you all at the next CHC meeting.

Time for a roll call Serpie ;)

Serpie
16-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I'll be there my old friend. Let me know if you want to catch up earlier. I've got to slip away to a 41st birthday in the evening, but am looking forward to the curtain raiser.

I was just speaking to the Shrewd one and he'll be there by about 5pm.

I pick up Brut from his return flight from Disneyland in the morning, so I'd say he'll be sleeping, but hopefully Mr & Mrs Z33 will be along.

And we've got the Second Mouse, and Upside Umop and FD would be starters I'd say. And I'd be disappointed if we didn't see Bricky, Kiwiwim, Melchett, and Bermuda, as well as the Gen Y reps (Ish, AJ, Skeet, JDV and others).

Trackers? Airedale? Tryvdh? Others?

You know who I would like to see - Bloody Minimoke! He's one of the more opinionated poster on ST, and would make a great addition to the local chapter. Where are you MM?

Serpie
16-06-2009, 08:30 PM
You're thinking about it aren't you Rotty!
Come on - no bush fires this time of year!

A J
16-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Cool! This is coming up quick!

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Cheers
A J

rotweiller
17-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah! Certainly thinking about it Serpie however running the Rural Fire Office at the moment.
See!!! they cant do without the pensioners.
Will get back down at some stage and in tne meantime good luck to all attending.
Things must be looking up as my Portfolio back up to where it was last October.
Cheers

minimoke
17-06-2009, 09:24 AM
You know who I would like to see - Bloody Minimoke! He's one of the more opinionated poster on ST, and would make a great addition to the local chapter. Where are you MM?
Opinionated?? Well I've been accussed of being "a narrow minded old school preacher", a "nazi", a "Bigot", a "Rascist", a "Global Warming Denier" (jeez that one had me quaking) and a "David Bain Supporter" on these boards. But "Opinionated"?????

Tempted as I might be, unfortunatly I have a day and evening with the whanau on the local sports fields to look forward to on Saturday and come 8.30 when its over I think I'll be ready for a steak and decent red at home!

kiwiwim
17-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Will be there. Great to get free drink at the Holiday Inn Oiler, and it is not far too walk for an after snack!
Wim

trackers
17-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Well I'll be there my old friend. Let me know if you want to catch up earlier. I've got to slip away to a 41st birthday in the evening, but am looking forward to the curtain raiser.

I was just speaking to the Shrewd one and he'll be there by about 5pm.

I pick up Brut from his return flight from Disneyland in the morning, so I'd say he'll be sleeping, but hopefully Mr & Mrs Z33 will be along.

And we've got the Second Mouse, and Upside Umop and FD would be starters I'd say. And I'd be disappointed if we didn't see Bricky, Kiwiwim, Melchett, and Bermuda, as well as the Gen Y reps (Ish, AJ, Skeet, JDV and others).

Trackers? Airedale? Tryvdh? Others?

Yup I'm in town this weekend and will be there definitely.

I've got a 'please explain' for Shrewdy on his WCUO purchase (though this may happen at the warm up) :)

Bermuda's in France atm, so he won't be there

Ish
17-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I look forward to the meeting and catching up with everyone.

Serpie
17-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Opinionated?? Well I've been accussed of being "a narrow minded old school preacher", a "nazi", a "Bigot", a "Rascist", a "Global Warming Denier" (jeez that one had me quaking) and a "David Bain Supporter" on these boards. But "Opinionated"?????

I thought about using everyone of those descriptions before deciding on "opinionated" - what are the odds of that! I was trying to entice you to come along with the softly softly approach, and then was going to ambush you in person!

Fair enough MM - the steak and red wine combo sounds appealing. Maybe next time.

minimoke
17-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe next time.
Hopefully so!

Oiler
17-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I 'flew' back from Brisbane (180k tailwind) on Monday in just 2 hours and passed Mattyroo going the other way battling a headwind on his way to Brisbane.
He yelled out from his front seat as we passed "see you in Christchurch on Sat night" :D:D

mattyroo
17-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I 'flew' back from Brisbane (180k tailwind) on Monday in just 2 hours and passed Mattyroo going the other way battling a headwind on his way to Brisbane.
He yelled out from his front seat as we passed "see you in Christchurch on Sat night" :D:D

Yep, that flight took an extra 50 minutes, pilot told us once we landed it was a 280k/hr headwind! In the QF lounge in Brisbane now waiting for yet another flight, to Sydney.

Looking forward to the skiing at Mt Hutt on Sunday!

The Second Mouse
19-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone

Just confirming I will be coming along tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

The Second Mouse.

Crypto Crude
21-06-2009, 01:18 PM
last night was great...
We are going to hold the next meeting at my flat on the condition that Oiler comes to town;)...
we will try and get another Keg...

Serpie and I also talked about having a stock picking competition for the regulars, and new guests for the month of July...
only put up your pick if you want to...
Stock picks must be submitted before the open of the first trading day of July...

I will pick WCU...
.^sc

Oiler
21-06-2009, 05:58 PM
last night was great...
We are going to hold the next meeting at my flat on the condition that Oiler comes to town;)...
we will try and get another Keg...

Serpie and I also talked about having a stock picking competition for the regulars, and new guests for the month of July...
only put up your pick if you want to...
Stock picks must be submitted before the open of the first trading day of July...

I will pick WCU...
.^sc

It was another great night in the Garden City.

Shrewdie if the next meeting is before the end of the year, then I will be there,even if it is to stop the rebels from trashing your flat :eek::eek:

Good to meet Second Mouse and Troyvdh as well as all the regulars including Mattyroo who flew in from Sydney to be there and to go skiing at Mt Hutt earlySunday morning :cool:

I saw him at 9 am Sunday not looking too good after a hard night in CHC

:D Welcome back to Trackers, he has missed the last two meetings. ( got married :) )

As always..... Christchurch turns out.

Serpie
21-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Good meeting. Nice to see everyone again, and also to meet some new delegates. I'd say 15-16 in attendance?
Thank you very much to Oiler for organising the free drinks, and for springing for the snacks! Great venue too - good suggestion Oiler.

Financially dependant
21-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Good meeting. Nice to see everyone again, and also to meet some new delegates. I'd say 15-16 in attendance?
Thank you very much to Oiler for organising the free drinks, and for springing for the snacks! Great venue too - good suggestion Oiler.

Yes Thanks Oiler.......how did you manage to get a pretty little French bar maid to serve us especially for the rugby test night too.....:cool:

Hope Serpie is feeling ok now too...;)

airedale
21-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Good meeting,guys, first drink was complimentary, then it was happy hour, then Oiler organised the snacks. Good to see the usual suspects and new faces.....troyvdh, and second mouse, as well.
There was the usual learned discussion too.:o

trackers
22-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I agree, a great night! Good to catch up with everyone, special thanks to oiler and mattyroo for flying in for the occasion :D

Look forward to the next one

P.s Shrewdy I'll take TSV :)

The Second Mouse
22-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi

Great to meet everyone. I will definately be at the next. Sounds like the night went on well after I left. I look forward to keeping in touch till then through this Sharetrader Forum.

The Second Mouse.

upside_umop
22-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Cheers guys, another sweet event for discussion and the venue was a goodin too...I'll agree with FD, barmaid made it a little easier to drink a couple. Is that why you were at the bar so much FD? :D

Had to leave a little early and then when I did get home...we had been burgled :( so no more laptop for me for time being which is probably a good thing around my exams! Will be back up and running soon enough.

I've no stock to pick atm...

Serpie
22-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Hope Serpie is feeling ok now too...;)

I felt like I'd been kicked in the head by a horse on Sunday morning, but a great night so worth it.

Sorry to hear about the burglary Upside.

trackers
22-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Cheers guys, another sweet event for discussion and the venue was a goodin too...I'll agree with FD, barmaid made it a little easier to drink a couple. Is that why you were at the bar so much FD? :D

Had to leave a little early and then when I did get home...we had been burgled :( so no more laptop for me for time being which is probably a good thing around my exams! Will be back up and running soon enough.

I've no stock to pick atm...

ahh what? That sucks :(

troyvdh
22-06-2009, 07:13 PM
....great night ......ahhhh...no free drinks for me.....to be honest...i hate those tourist bars.....but ...congrats to oiler for organising stuff...all credit ...to you...in the future i freely welcome folk to my humble abode.....in st albans.....and to airedale...you are a true gent.......Shrewdy.....your enthusiasm and obvious intelluctual acumen are indeed a worry.....i just hope you are rich....

cheers troy

troyvdh
22-06-2009, 07:22 PM
,,,dear upside....my thoughts are with you...,.that is trully crap........cheers buddy....

mattyroo
23-06-2009, 08:46 PM
It was another great night in the Garden City.

Good to meet Second Mouse and Troyvdh as well as all the regulars including Mattyroo who flew in from Sydney to be there and to go skiing at Mt Hutt earlySunday morning :cool:

I saw him at 9 am Sunday not looking too good after a hard night in CHC

As always..... Christchurch turns out.

I most definitely wasn't good at all on Sunday... I needed those dark glasses above to get me through the day! I could only stomach a yoghurt for lunch on the mountain!

Yet again another top event in Chch. Thanks for organising all Oiler.

Serpie
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Start thinking about it . . . .

impacman
06-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks like that will be good for me - one more confirmation to make over next day or so and I'll be in - thats if there is room for a latte swilling Aucklander:D - just kidding - more of a flat white man!

Cheers,

I-man

Oiler
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Looks like that will be good for me - one more confirmation to make over next day or so and I'll be in - thats if there is room for a latte swilling Aucklander:D - just kidding - more of a flat white man!

Cheers,

I-man

I dont think the Cantabs are into "flat white drinking jafas" ;)

I look forward to another good night in Christchurch on the 5th Sept.

How many "out of towners" can we get to Christchurch. Here is your chance Shasta to come meet a big number of ST members :cool:

Serpie.... where should we meet? Holiday Inn, Cashel St. or ?????

Cheers

Serpie
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Your choice of venue was roundly applauded last time Oiler. Can't quite put my finger on the reason . . .
It's certainly a good starting place, and if it's not as appealing as our previous visit we can always move on from there.

bermuda
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM

How many "out of towners" can we get to Christchurch. Here is your chance Shasta to come meet a big number of ST members :cool:

Cheers

Hi Oiler, Good to bump into you at Auckland airport.I trust plans are working out ok.Sounds exciting.
Hey, you know what? I am now drinking Flat White! Once a week after lunch on Fridays.
We really have some fun. Wouldnt miss it for quids. A lawyer, another lawyer ( my lawyer ), a property developer, and a few commercial real estate guys. One who was my ex Boss. He was the guy I wrote that letter to...remember,...." Due to BETTER than foreseen circumstances I would like to resign..." what a laugh. I loved writing it. NZO did it for me and whilst I hated selling NZO I had to because the CSG returns were so much better.

Anyway, I am on Flat White and unfortunately wont be able to attend the reunion which I so look forward to. Loved having you guys at my place. Got to do it again.

Going to see Grandchild again!!!! Away 25/8-28/9.
Cheers
B

STRAT
07-08-2009, 02:53 PM

CheersWhat about Scotch swilling Jafas?

Crypto Crude
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
serpie,
didnt I say that the next one would be at my flat...?
how about we have it at mine, the one after, when Bermuda is here....
and we go out to a bar this time around...
im keen...
.^sc

The Second Mouse
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi there.

I'm keen. Same place as last time seems good.

See everyone them.

bermuda
07-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi there.

I'm keen. Same place as last time seems good.

See everyone them.

Have fun guys,
But I bags the next one.
Early October,
Big time at our place. I would just so love to entertain you.

Serpie, Trackers (?) Dont forget to bring those CSG Maps. Now you know why I drooled over them!!!

CSG......BIGGER THAN TEXAS.......

shasta
07-08-2009, 06:00 PM

Cheers

I'm well overdue to come down to the mainland & meet the Chch folk

However i'm awaiting a knee op, & not overly mobile at present. :(

I'll put in my apologies for this one, & will aim for the next one ;)

Serpie
07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Serpie, Trackers (?) Dont forget to bring those CSG Maps. Now you know why I drooled over them!!!

I think they were The Plunger's maps Super B. I heard a whisper that he's still floating around. Where are you AMac?

bermuda
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I think they were The Plunger's maps Super B. I heard a whisper that he's still floating around. Where are you AMac?

I really enjoyed having all you guys here. Next time ( hopefully October ) we are going to do it in style.

CSG.......... BIGGER THAN TEXAS

Oiler
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi Oiler, Good to bump into you at Auckland airport.I trust plans are working out ok.Sounds exciting.
Hey, you know what? I am now drinking Flat White! Once a week after lunch on Fridays.
We really have some fun. Wouldnt miss it for quids. A lawyer, another lawyer ( my lawyer ), a property developer, and a few commercial real estate guys. One who was my ex Boss. He was the guy I wrote that letter to...remember,...." Due to BETTER than foreseen circumstances I would like to resign..." what a laugh. I loved writing it. NZO did it for me and whilst I hated selling NZO I had to because the CSG returns were so much better.

Anyway, I am on Flat White and unfortunately wont be able to attend the reunion which I so look forward to. Loved having you guys at my place. Got to do it again.

Going to see Grandchild again!!!! Away 25/8-28/9.
Cheers
B

Bermuda you have got your priorities right.... family first, ST second ;)

Enjoy your trip to the UK and we look forward to having another night in the summer at your place.

I promise I will keep U-Mop under control next time :):) and save your garden.

Enjoy your trip..

Oiler
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Start thinking about it . . . .

Serpie it is time to start thinking....... I am in !!!

Happy to organise the Holiday Inn again................... and can see if I can get the same distraction for FD (and others) got with the barperson last time ;)

I suspect this meeting will be all about how much money people have made out of the market over the last month or so :D rather than the doom and gloom.

trackers
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Have fun guys,
But I bags the next one.
Early October,
Big time at our place. I would just so love to entertain you.

CSG......BIGGER THAN TEXAS.......

Sep followed by Oct sounds good, wouldn't miss it for the world. Topped up on BUL today, nice... Oiler: no comment :D

Crypto Crude
10-08-2009, 07:32 PM
most of us chchers are reasonably flexible...
just make sure the dates suit impacman and oiler...
in the next week or so I am confirming my flights to Auckland for a visit in November...
hopefully we can meet up then...
.^sc

Serpie
10-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Lock it in then. September the 5th. Same Bat Time (4pm) Same Bat Place (Quality Inn House Bar Cashel St).

First weekend of spring!!

impacman
11-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm there but may be a little later - have two little ones in tow so need to sort them out. My wife is down with me so shouldn't be too much of a major to get out a little after 4.00. See you all then.

Cheers.

kiwiwim
11-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll be there. Must find better parking than Wilson's.
Question for meeting or now:
Which SCG stock will give best return at current buy rates? BOW, VPE, ITC, BUL, WCL any others!

Oiler
11-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I'll be there. Must find better parking than Wilson's.
Question for meeting or now:
Which SCG stock will give best return at current buy rates? BOW, VPE, ITC, BUL, WCL any others!

Very good suggestion Kiwiwim :D Christchurch is the "nerve center" for coal seam gas. CSG seems to be the hot energy topic these days so it would be good to hear everyones comments on CSG. For and against.

Nobody will be knocked into the sin bin for disagreeing with a few people...;);)

These "get togethers" are open and free to everyone who wants to express there opinion.

From past experience as the night goes on we tend to listen less :):):)

Looking forward to the next CHC meeting and welcome to a fellow "naki " man.

Looking forward to meeting you all again...

Crypto Crude
18-08-2009, 12:07 PM
5th of September is quickly coming around...
get the baby sitters ready now...
1)shower the wife/partner with gifts to make her let you come...
cancel anything the day after (recovery) hehehe...
tell the boss you may not be coming in on Monday...
If your coming from up North, book two airplane tickets, just in case...

pointer 1) is directed at trackers...:p
.^sc

Ish
21-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Sounds good i'll come along and bring another newcomer.

STRAT
21-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Sounds good i'll come along and bring another newcomer.Just dont go bringing everyone down with a tax reality check this time eh? :p

Financially dependant
23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
5th of September is quickly coming around...
.^sc

Sounds good to me.......I have another topic for discussion......read John Campbell's oil and gas weekly......Who wants to buy into a private oil & gas producer/explorer?????? Small scale striper wells in US......Chch Sharetrader consortium??? Should create lively debate.....:)

I have asked John for more information to take along to meeting!

Crypto Crude
24-08-2009, 10:24 AM
FD,
Im sure there will be opportiunities down the line to go private...
Straight away this sort of investment doesnt sound like a goer for me...
without seeing any numbers, this is likely a dribs and drabs investment,
just like EVERYTHING in that region...

I had a look at AZZ last week, and yup...
another poor performer going forward...
Onshore US oil industry is a poor place in invest...
This region, and the 40 or so ASX oilers in it are going to struggle...

bring the information down, wouldnt hurt looking at it...
.^sc

Oiler
30-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds good to me.......I have another topic for discussion......read John Campbell's oil and gas weekly......Who wants to buy into a private oil & gas producer/explorer?????? Small scale striper wells in US......Chch Sharetrader consortium??? Should create lively debate.....:)

I have asked John for more information to take along to meeting!

FD... I hope you have been able to get all the info ready for lively discussions as our one and only SC suggests.

Then of course there is the ongoing CSG discussions, wth CHC being the home of CSG. Thanks to Bermuda for all the "discussion" who at this time is probably sunning himself in Bermuda :D:D

Saturday 5th at the Holiday Inn on Cashel is all go starting 4pm till "who knows when?" :eek:

Look forward to seeing all the usuals and welcome to any newcomers thinking of coming along.

Hey guys I am trying hard to get a little French "flavor" to the bar ;) as a special welcome to Impac man. ;)

impacman
31-08-2009, 09:42 AM
FD... I hope you have been able to get all the info ready for lively discussions as our one and only SC suggests.

Then of course there is the ongoing CSG discussions, wth CHC being the home of CSG. Thanks to Bermuda for all the "discussion" who at this time is probably sunning himself in Bermuda :D:D

Saturday 5th at the Holiday Inn on Cashel is all go starting 4pm till "who knows when?" :eek:

Look forward to seeing all the usuals and welcome to any newcomers thinking of coming along.

Hey guys I am trying hard to get a little French "flavor" to the bar ;) as a special welcome to Impac man. ;)

Only a few more days to go - really looking forward to it. French "flavour" sounds intriguing Oiler! See you all on Saturday.

Cheers,

I-man

STRAT
31-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Only a few more days to go - really looking forward to it. French "flavour" sounds intriguing Oiler! See you all on Saturday.

Cheers,

I-manCompletely forgot :o

Sorry dude. Another time

impacman
01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Completely forgot :o

Sorry dude. Another time

No worries - I will let you know what French "flavour" is - that is if I can escape of course:D

mattyroo
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
.....a little French "flavor" to the bar......

I'll be in Christchurch this weekend, but unlikely to be able to attend... even more disappointed now that the french flavouring is going to be there!

impacman
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll be in Christchurch this weekend, but unlikely to be able to attend... even more disappointed now that the french flavouring is going to be there!

You've started something here Oiler! Lots of intrigue etc - no doubt Sunday's post mortum will do nothing but promote that:)

A J
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
LOL, french flavour.

See you guys there, should be round till 6.45pm then have to go unfortunately.

Cheers
Aaron

Oiler
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM

Roo you will be in trouble if you are caught looking at the French ba...... ;);) maybe you could get a few minutes away.:D

Impacman, FD and others, no guarantees that we will get the same "French eye candy" that we had last time. I have asked but we will see :D

Regardless, we will have a good night as always in Christchurch.

Oiler

STRAT
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey guys I am trying hard to get a little French "flavor" to the bar ;) as a special welcome to Impac man. ;)I hope the Imans wife doesnt read this forum :eek:

impacman
03-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I hope the Imans wife doesnt read this forum :eek:

She would be mighty impressed with such generous consideration - I think/hope:rolleyes:

STRAT
03-09-2009, 08:10 AM
She would be mighty impressed with such generous consideration - I think/hope:rolleyes:I doubt that Iman. Looks like at least 6 months in the dog box to me :D
Good thing the weather is warming up eh?

impacman
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I doubt that Iman. Looks like at least 6 months in the dog box to me :D
Good thing the weather is warming up eh?

Yeah - I suspect that was wishful thinking on my part.:D

Serpie
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
We're all in shorts and singlets down here Strat.

Impacman is a Southern Man anyway - he's just living in the wrong place.

There should be a good turnout on Saturday. See you all there.

STRAT
03-09-2009, 03:03 PM
We're all in shorts and singlets down here Strat.
.Is that because its warm or just that Southern men like showing how hard they are? :D

The Second Mouse
04-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi

Just confirming I'll be popping in tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces.

Oiler
06-09-2009, 06:22 PM
As always another interesting and fun night in the Garden City.

We had the "French Flavor" serving us again :):) and I am sure Impacman was impressed with his visit to the Mainland.;)

SC,Serpie,UU and Trackers we have some work to do over the next month.

Great night and good to catch up with all my Southern friends again.

Oiler

trackers
06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I agree Oiler, another great night... thanks for organising + coming down again! And well done on the French flavor, we all knew you would come through :D

Possibly next meeting in October sometime when Bermuda's back would be excellent, but we will see (?)...

Off to research some WCL, and HZN..

impacman
07-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Excellent night from the "French Flavour", the fine ales, the great company, to the splendid Indian meal to cap it off. Thanks for the hosptiality and discussion. Very keen to come back again when I can. It would be great to see any of you at an Auckland meeting as well so the hospitality can be returned - SC I thnk an October date was mentioned?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

I-man

upside_umop
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Cheers guys for another entertaining event!

Impacman, thanks for coming down, some good convo and stories going on! Pity Serpie couldn't demonstrate his hardman tequila to you - next time.

Sounds good Oiler, thanks for organizing again! We do have a bit of work to do too.

Ish
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Was good to catch up with the boys (I say that as there were no females there - unless 'the french flavor' counts as an honorary member since she turns up to our events?!)

It was good planning too with happy hour coinciding with the meeting. I saw a few people stockpiling beers.

Financially dependant
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you guys had another good night, I couldn't get away for a couple of hours as I hoped but look forward to the next one.

Inside goss always sounds more interesting!!

bermuda
15-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Trackers and I are meeting for a beer at the Lone Star Riccarton 5.30pm on Monday 21st. If anyone wants to join us you are welcome. See you there. Cheers.

trackers
15-12-2009, 11:02 AM
thanks for organising Bermuda, looking forward to a catchup before xmas...See you there! Will be good if the regular crew can make it down for a pint or 3

A J
15-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Sounds good, might pop down. Atleast I'm back in (oilers!) with stuff to talk about now.

Cheers
Aaron

Z33
16-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Great I will be there.

Cheers

Financially dependant
16-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Great idea, I will pop in on the way home.......see you all there...:)

bermuda
19-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Great idea, I will pop in on the way home.......see you all there...:)

Trackers et al. Re Monday, will be a bit late. Returning from Palmerston North due in 5.45pm. See you just after 6pm. Cheers

bermuda
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Having a beer with Shrewdy. All welcome.

Serpie
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I'll be there Super B.

After spending 2009 just watching and trying to learn I think it's time to dip my toes in the water again.

I'll buy something tomorrow so I've got something to talk about on Monday.

Serpie
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm picking young Brutus up as well, so we'll see you there.

Financially dependant
11-01-2010, 05:43 AM
I will pop in on the way home, I will be on my bike and thirsty by then......dust of your bike Bermuda.....we can race Serpie.

A J
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Will come down for an hour, see you soon.

Serpie
12-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I've changed the thread title for the next meeting.
A few seemed keen for monthly meetings, so I've suggested the second Monday of the month.
Cheers
Serpie

airedale
12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Serpie/Bermuda, is it the first Monday or the second Monday of the month?
Somewhere on the STX thread B suggested the first Monday.

Financially dependant
12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi Serpie/Bermuda, is it the first Monday or the second Monday of the month?
Somewhere on another thread B suggested the first Monday.

Hi airdale, it's a pretty casual set up, it would be good to see you on the 8th??

As mentioned at the last get together here is the link to John Ryder excellent free news letter.....http://www.globalnews.co.nz/
Just need to register.

The Second Mouse
21-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone. Happy New Year

All going well I will get along on the 8th. I also think monthly is a good idea.

See everyone them.

A J
07-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Just a bump, see you there tomorrow evening!

Serpie
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I wont be there chaps - I've got 12 months worth of company credit card transactions to enter and reconcile for my accountant tomorrow, so will have to take a raincheck on this one.
I'll have a wine for you at home while I'm trying to conjure up valid business expenses!

bermuda
08-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I wont be there chaps - I've got 12 months worth of company credit card transactions to enter and reconcile for my accountant tomorrow, so will have to take a raincheck on this one.
I'll have a wine for you at home while I'm trying to conjure up valid business expenses!

I will come down for a couple. See you soon.

airedale
10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Nice to catch up with you guys again. It is not easy to find a place where enlightened conversation is not struggling against unenlightened and unrelenting muzak. There must be somewhere. Excuse my gripes:rolleyes:

A J
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Anyone keen for Monday? Or perhaps we'll skip a month?

Cheers
Aaron

Financially dependant
05-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Anyone keen for Monday? Or perhaps we'll skip a month?

Cheers
Aaron

I can pop in on the way home from work......how many makes a quorum?

The Second Mouse
06-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I am keen to start catching up regularily but unfortunately will have to skip this one

Financially dependant
07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Looks like we will be a little thin on numbers this month, so I will leave it to next month.

Z33
08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I will be there plus a trading mate from Dunedin

A J
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Numbers do look a little thin.

In that case I'll leave it till next month to.

Cheers, Aaron

bermuda
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Numbers do look a little thin.

In that case I'll leave it till next month to.

Cheers, Aaron

I am definitely going down after such a hot day today. The first $100 is on my account. See you there Z33. Come on Geoff...we dont often get days like today. I will cycle down. See you soon. Shrewdy told me last week he was trying to get there.

A J
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Bermuda! Thought you had gone.

Dam, ok back on again. See you there!

Aaron

Financially dependant
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
"I am definitely going down after such a hot day today. The first $100 is on my account. See you there Z33. Come on Geoff...we dont often get days like today. I will cycle down. See you soon. Shrewdy told me last week he was trying to get there"

Good to catchup again, forgot to say thanks Super B for the $100 of beer....only just made it home on my bike...:eek2:.......gas glut...:p

trackers
11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Ahh, didn't know these were back on... Serves me right for deserting the NZX sub-forum, will hopefully be there next month :)

Crypto Crude
14-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I will make sure of it that im there next month...
.^sc

Serpie
16-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I will make sure of it that im there next month...
.^sc

I'll get to that one too Shrewd.

denpal
18-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I hope to make it to an upcoming meeting: as I only use the ASX & Forex forums I wasn't aware of these meetings!

basilcat
31-03-2010, 06:25 PM
So what date, time and where is the next CHCH meeting?

Serpie
31-03-2010, 08:25 PM
So what date, time and where is the next CHCH meeting?

It's in the thread title basilcat. I try to update it after each meeting. I see that's your first post - always looking for new input so we hope to see you there. If you get there at 5.30pm then look for a bunch of intelligent looking people. If you get there about 7pm look for a bunch of blabbering idiots.

bermuda
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
It's in the thread title basilcat. I try to update it after each meeting. I see that's your first post - always looking for new input so we hope to see you there. If you get there at 5.30pm then look for a bunch of intelligent looking people. If you get there about 7pm look for a bunch of blabbering idiots.

My apologies for the 12th. Will be playing golf at Chch Masters. Hope you get a good crew. Been a great month.

The Second Mouse
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi there

I'll call in on the 12th. See you there

The Second Mouse

denpal
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Apologies I will be out of town next week. Hopefully next month.

Serpie
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Due to a family bereavement I'm pretty well buggered for tomorrow night, so wont be there. Sorry guys - have a good chat.

basilcat
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Hope the mice are tasty

A J
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
See you there at 5.30pm. Cheers

Z33
12-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Will be there

Cheers

Serpie
21-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I've just had word that our friend Oiler will be in town on 1st May 2010, shortly after returning from the Oil & Gas Conference in Aussie. I've heard whispers that others from ST may be attending as well.

I'm going to try to catch up with Oiler for a few drinks on Saturday afternoon 01/05/2010, so if you're keen to come along please pencil it in.

I'll confirm with Oiler ASAP, and organise a venue. It's been a long time since we've had a big meeting - well overdue.

Oiler
21-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I've just had word that our friend Oiler will be in town on 1st May 2010, shortly after returning from the Oil & Gas Conference in Aussie. I've heard whispers that others from ST may be attending as well.

I'm going to try to catch up with Oiler for a few drinks on Saturday afternoon 01/05/2010, so if you're keen to come along please pencil it in.

I'll confirm with Oiler ASAP, and organise a venue. It's been a long time since we've had a big meeting - well overdue.

Its a deal Serpie :)

Bermuda will be back from OZ as well and said he will come along. The "discussion" will be around Coal Seam Gas versus Shale Gas and Oil.

See you all at the Holiday Inn unless someone has better suggestion.

Oiler

skeet
21-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Would love to come along for a catch up Oiler, but got Mums 60th on saturday!
Maybe next time!

JBmurc
21-04-2010, 08:55 PM
going be up in Chch thr-fri maybe sat night week to early

A J
22-04-2010, 12:10 AM
I'll be there!

Cheers
Aaron

Ish
22-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Its a deal Serpie :)

Bermuda will be back from OZ as well and said he will come along. The "discussion" will be around Coal Seam Gas versus Shale Gas and Oil.

See you all at the Holiday Inn unless someone has better suggestion.

Oiler

Sounds interesting.

I'll make sure to stop by.

Crypto Crude
22-04-2010, 03:46 PM
JBMurc,
its a pity you did not give us more time... I work thursdays, I might be able to cancel my plans tomorrow... but the weekend im full up...

Definately be at the meeting with oiler...
would be good to see you there
.^sc

crooky
22-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Would really like to be part of your group serpie , AUS a bit too far away.

Serpie
23-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Would really like to be part of your group serpie , AUS a bit too far away.

Have you got Skype Crookster?

The Second Mouse
24-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi

I be there. Look forward to the discussion. I have to get schooled up on the Aussie resource stocks.

Nick

Serpie
25-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Shaping up nicely. We'll have:

Kiwiwim
Oiler
Bermuda
Brut
Z33
She who knows best
Serpie
Mouse No 2
Ish
FD
AJ
Upside
Airedale
Trackers
Basilcat

Anyone else keen to come along?

Denpal?

upside_umop
25-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, yes, I'll come along. I always forget to say in the forum that I will!

See you guys on Saturday.

Financially dependant
25-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Yes, yes, I'll come along. I always forget to say in the forum that I will!

See you guys on Saturday.

Yes me too, count me in........always keen to have a Gas...:)

airedale
25-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, I am working on it. Hope to be there.

trackers
26-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, I'll try to make it there for a beer:) I agree its been a while, and will be interesting to get a recap of the o&g conference.. Have family up for the weekend so won't be able to stay long unfortunately

Z33
26-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Will be there, might even bring along she she who know best.

Cheers

Grant

basilcat
26-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks serpie for the special mention. I/we will do our best to be there.

kiwiwim
27-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll be there
Wim

Serpie
27-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Wim!

Sorry mate - I trawled through all of the old posts for names and didn't see you there. My apologies for missing out one of the true regulars. Look forward to seeing you again.

bermuda
27-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Oiler,
Good to see you at the O&G conference. Sorry I wont be able to get to the meeting as playing golf then dinner. I might be able to call in for a short while. I understand the venue is the Holiday Inn?. .diagonally opposite the Casino.

Serpie
27-04-2010, 11:54 AM
It's the other one Super B.
Corner of Cashel & High St, opposite the Stock Exchange pub.
Used to be the Centra I think?

Oiler
27-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Oiler,
Good to see you at the O&G conference. Sorry I wont be able to get to the meeting as playing golf then dinner. I might be able to call in for a short while. I understand the venue is the Holiday Inn?. .diagonally opposite the Casino.

Bermuda I will return the hospitality to all the "Christchurch ST attendees" Would be good to see you drop in though, if you dont, then enjoy your golf and dinner.

Maybe see you at Wych Farm :cool:

Serpie
30-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Just a reminder about the meeting tomorrow everyone. 4pm in the bar.

We're usually the only ones in there so for anyone that hasn't been along before we'll be easy to spot.

All are welcome. Please come along and say gidday. There's no speeches or presentations - just a few people interested in shares having a drink.

See you there.

BRICKY
30-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Yip,I'll come along.

Serpie
30-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Yip,I'll come along.

Sweet! We're all coming out of the woodwork to see our old amigo Oiler. Quite the drawcard.

Oiler
30-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Sweet! We're all coming out of the woodwork to see our old amigo Oiler. Quite the drawcard.

Thats a classic Serpie or did you mean vintage " to see our old amigo Oiler" :D:D Thats going back a few years "the three amigos" Serpie, Shrewd Crude and Oiler.

See you all at the Holiday Inn, Cashel Street Saturday

mattyroo
01-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Would've liked to have been able to make it along, but heading away again tomorrow, back to my current project.

Enjoy!

trackers
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry guys won't be able to make it - Have family up for the day and won't be able to sneak away.. Have fun!

bermuda
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks Oiler for the Kupe condensate. I will treat it like champagne. I have a Maui condensate which is also a very light fluid. ( but black..non processed ? ) Interesting to chat about Tui SW. What is going on?
Good luck with NWE. I am still planning to go to Wych farm! Best I buy some before I go but my dosh went into ADE ( had to get me some aussie shale ! ).
A good turn out. Great to catch up. Cheers

bermuda
09-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I will be there. We can talk about the forthcoming bull run!!! Whenever that is going to happen.

Lion
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Interesting to chat about Tui SW. What is going on?

Care to share, bermuda?
What is going on?

bermuda
09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Care to share, bermuda?
What is going on?
Lion,
I raised this at the Sydney conference. Chris Roberts finally got it sorted. See the NZO thread for the detail. Hope to see you tomorrow. Fingers crossed for NZO. I do hope they are successful with this one . It would be fantastic.

Serpie
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I will be there. We can talk about the forthcoming bull run!!! Whenever that is going to happen.

I'll be there Super B. I'll take the ute again in case you want to take your bike and need a ride home.

A J
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
See you there

The Second Mouse
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
HI

Unfortunately I won't make it to might.

Should be there next month though

Nick

Serpie
11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Good meeting last night guys.

Dont forget the possible scenario we talked about last night (with regard to where the markets are heading over the next few weeks). We've got the big green candle that we discussed. Stage 1 is on track.

A J
11-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Yep, will be keeping an eye on it Serpie.

The Second Mouse
26-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi guys

Am I right in thinking the next catch up will be the 8th of June?

Nick

bermuda
26-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi guys

Am I right in thinking the next catch up will be the 8th of June?

Nick

Mousey,
I reckon we should change it to the first Monday of the month...for a few reasons...
1. It is easier to remember
2. I am away from June 6th until July 31st
3. The weather and the market is getting me down and......
4. I want to celebrate Serpie's forthcoming Burleson success before I go.

Hope you guys agree.

Hey, I have just checked the calendar. The 8th of June is a Tuesday Mousey. As a double exception to the rule what about next Monday 31st of May?

Serpie
26-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I want to celebrate Serpie's forthcoming Burleson success before I go.

As a double exception to the rule what about next Monday 31st of May?

No pressure! I'm in for the 31st May.

I was just reviewing the thread, and re-reading the reference to where we discussed the market's direction throughout May.

Before our meeting on 10/05/2010 I did lots and lots of reading (too much) on various forums about market sentiment. At our meeting I said that the consensus of opinion, from the posters that I respect and read, appeared to be that we would have a strong start to that week, but that it would tail off towards a sell off on Friday 14th May, and that from there the rest of May was looking pretty grim. Turns out that it has happened exactly as they predicted.

I've never had an original thought in my life, but it does go to show that there are some smart people out there who got it right (this time) and reinforces the value of these discussion forums. And it also reinforces the value of these local meetings. I dont think any of the attendees rushed out and ditched their portfolios after our meeting (I didn't - I bought more) but maybe we've learnt something this month?

percy
26-05-2010, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Serpie;305885]No pressure! I'm in for the 31st May.

I've never had an original thought in my life, but it does go to show that there are some smart people out there who got it right (this time) and reinforces the value of these discussion forums. ]

Disagree with you.You post#6 on Another death caused by a boy racer,was both original and kind hearted.I thought it was excellent.

The Second Mouse
26-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi there

Yeah sorry, I meant 7th not 8th, 7th is Queens Birthday so it showed up red like a Sunday on my calander.

I am good for 31st

NIck

See you then

Serpie
26-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks Percy.
I've struggled a bit with that all week. I was thinking at the time that anger wasn't an appropriate response to what had happened, which was easy for me to say, but I was blown away when the parents came out with the same thing. I was in awe of their reaction.

But anyway,
I can guarantee you that I'm nowhere near as original when it comes to the sharemarket, but I am accomplished at regurgitation and plagiarism!

A J
26-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm in for the 31st to. See you there!

Cheers
Aaron

Serpie
28-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Bump.

Date updated. See you there.

denpal
01-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Well I called into the Holiday Inn Cornerbar at 5.45pm but couldn't spot you guys!!

bermuda
01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Well I called into the Holiday Inn Cornerbar at 5.45pm but couldn't spot you guys!!

Denpal,
Our apologies. The monthly get together meeting is held at the Lone Star bar , Bush Inn Riccarton.

1st Monday of the month.

Serpie
05-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Anyone keen for a beer tonight?

A J
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I could pop down for an hour. I'd probably arrive about 5.45pm as I can't get there by 5.30pm! Can't take our cars to work now dammit, have to bus grr.. lol.

Serpie
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I've been reliably informed that it's usually the second Monday of the month, so shall we shoot for next week?
With BUR's performance today I might need to save up for a beer anyway.

A J
05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah next Monday sounds good! Lets do it then :)

The Second Mouse
07-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi

Monday the 12th sounds good.

Nick

Oiler
14-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey Cantabs !!

I am in Christchurch next weekend, anyone interested in having a few beers/wines next Saturday (21st) at Holiday Inn Cashel St.

So far we have Ish and U Mop. For all the stayers we can go find a Thai / Indian / Chinese / Burmese / Japanese restaurant for dinner.

bermuda
15-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Cantabs !!

I am in Christchurch next weekend, anyone interested in having a few beers/wines next Saturday (21st) at Holiday Inn Cashel St.

So far we have Ish and U Mop. For all the stayers we can go find a Thai / Indian / Chinese / Burmese / Japanese restaurant for dinner.

Will try and get down after our annual Metro golf dinner. Would be good to catch up.

A J
15-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Am definitely in!

I certainly owe Serpie a few beers :D

Cheers
Aaron

trackers
16-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Keen for this! Have a wee bubba though so probably only stop in for a couple if I can