PDA

View Full Version : Crane Group (CRG)

Huang Chung
26-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Picked up a few of these on the snap this afternoon ($10.75). Price was off around 6% today, for no obvious reason (and it didn't go ex div today either).

I periodically look at how this stock is performing and was somewhat shocked to see it down in the ten dollar area....seems like yesterday they were more than twelve dollars.

A fairly boring industrial in the plumbing/bathroom/plastic/metal supply pipe sectors, and probably not of too much interest to the bulk of the Sharetrader fraternity.

http://www.crane.com.au/

shasta
26-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Picked up a few of these on the snap this afternoon ($10.75). Price was off around 6% today, for no obvious reason (and it didn't go ex div today either).

I periodically look at how this stock is performing and was somewhat shocked to see it down in the ten dollar area....seems like yesterday they were more than twelve dollars.

A fairly boring industrial in the plumbing/bathroom/plastic/metal supply pipe sectors, and probably not of too much interest to the bulk of the Sharetrader fraternity.

http://www.crane.com.au/

HC

I used to work for a company in NZ that had alot to do with Crane...

The main link was through NZ electrical wholesalers, where Crane is very dominant.

There sheer size & "purchasing power" is as close to a monopoly as you get!

PM me for further details

PS, 8 stocks now?

Huang Chung
26-09-2008, 09:12 PM
HC

I used to work for a company in NZ that had alot to do with Crane...

The main link was through NZ electrical wholesalers, where Crane is very dominant.

There sheer size & "purchasing power" is as close to a monopoly as you get!

PM me for further details

PS, 8 stocks now?

Well, nine if you want to count Octaviar (aka MFS), but I'm trying to erase that zombie company from my memory :mad:. Definitely PM me re: Crane Shasta!

shasta
26-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, nine if you want to count Octaviar (aka MFS), but I'm trying to erase that zombie company from my memory :mad:. Definitely PM me re: Crane Shasta!

Have done, i won't post the details publicly!

winner69
15-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Have done, i won't post the details publicly!

So were Crane performing that badly FBU got them on the cheap?

shasta
15-12-2010, 02:45 PM
So were Crane performing that badly FBU got them on the cheap?

Ive been out of that job over 3 years now, but FBY probably did get them on the cheap

CJ
15-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Ive been out of that job over 3 years now, but FBY probably did get them on the cheapFBU havne't got them yet (well they have 14% ish).

Looks like the premium they have paid is just the amount they have lost in the past year.

I hope they do get them and they are able to integrate them to see some benefits.

Disc: Hold FBU

Huang Chung
15-12-2010, 08:56 PM
A good move by FBU me thinks.

I've heard that Reece have been running rings around CRG in the plumbing and bathroom arena. Not sure if that's the gospel truth, or just a story doing the rounds. Guess if you had the time and inclination, you could find out by comparing the annual and half yearly reports.

Fundamentally, I like the CRG business, especially the pipes. Should do a booming trade if CSG ever gets going big time in Qld. Crane have a pipes facility at Strathpine, just north of Brisbane.