PDA

View Full Version : Annual Sharetrader Challenge 2009 ..... :)

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2008, 12:14 PM
:)

Moderators: ... a sticky for this thread, if you please ... !~!

Hi folks,

Here's an opportunity for longer-term traders to show us their
stock tipping skills ..... :)

Welcome to the Sharetrader Stock Tipping Challenge 2009 ... !~!

Place your entries in this thread. New tipster's always welcome.

Be VERY SURE of your entry, because NO CHANGES will be made ... !~!

ENTRY CONDITIONS

Please ensure that all entries are made in the following format and on one line.

poster (lower case) ASX CODE (UPPER CASE) L (UPPER CASE)

e.g.: poster XYZ L

Please post details on the same line as per the above example.

Leave one line space before greetings, salutations and 'stock ramping'.

Deadline for all entries: Midnight 04 January 2009

..... and here's the rules:

1) Competition duration is for one year. Starting on:
Monday 5 January 2009 and ending Thursday 31 December 2009.

2) Only ONE ASX-listed stock (per year) may be nominated by any tipster
..... and only fully paid ordinary shares please.
No options, warrants or derivatives will be entered and stocks with
a price of less than $0.01 are ineligible for the competition.

3) It is also desirable, that you briefly explain your reasons for making
your choice, including a chart where possible, to clearly illustrate the
reasons for your choice.

4) You must obey the Forum rules.

i.e. ... no disrespect to other members.

5) Shorts are NOT allowed, period !~!

6) Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered
into and the winner is the entrant whose selected stock performs
the best in percentage terms between 05012009 and 31122009.

7) All entries will start with closing price, on 02012008.

8) Results will only be updated on a MONTHLY basis.

happy trading

paul

=====

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2008, 09:59 PM

paul FAR L

Hi folks,

FAR ..... expecting several positive time cycles in 2009,
as well as some positive production news ..... :)

Happy New Year 2009.

have a great day

paul

=====

shasta
31-12-2008, 10:17 PM

paul FAR L

Hi folks,

FAR ..... expecting several positive time cycles in 2009,
as well as some positive production news ..... :)

Happy New Year 2009.

have a great day

paul

=====

shasta AOE L

Thanks Paul :)

AOE is due to report increased reserves (Q1 09), & the finalisation of the PES takeover will also increase there reserves, & quite cheaply.

AOE also have the Shell money to be received in tranches over the next year or so as AOE met certain milestones, so are well funded.

AOE is also looking strong on the charts...

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=AOE&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=LINE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

bear
01-01-2009, 11:19 AM
bear LNC L

Thanks Paul

Trust all are enjoying the festive season :D

Happy New Year and here's hoping for a prosperous year ahead :)

Bear

JBmurc
01-01-2009, 11:23 AM
jbmurc STX L

Very hard to pick just one so many undervalued shares, I guess I'll just go with my largest portfilo holding-- STX --jnr Energy stock
Shareprice-14c
P/E-5.3
Marketcap-47mill
current cashflows-3mill+per month
Forcast earns ps cents-5.3c-2009 7.7c-2010

STX now have two large oil and gas fields which are producing and proving up resources looking good for long term production of highly priced Natural Gas(compared to AUS)
STX is one of very few ASX jnr's to make it in the US.
STX is a great jnr growth stock with proven managerment

09 should treat STX alot better than 08 with a high of 38c in 08 and a low of 11c
currently stx has bounced of the low and through the 30 EMA 15c-20c most likely short term range .

lastest annoucement-If Tumbleweed hits commercial Gas STX will rocket

Strike Oil reports on the progress of its activities in the Gulf Coast, Texas.

Drilling
-
40 Bcf Tumbleweed prospect well ‐ Hart Estate Gas Unit 1‐1 spudded

Well Testing
‐ Wilcox Fm ‐ Gilbert Freeman 3 successful testing finalised, shallowest zone flowed 1.5 mmcfd, 80 bcpd, two deeper zones to be added in near future
‐ Shallow gas zone ‐ Duncan Ansley GU 1‐1 preparing to test

Production
-
Mesquite and Rayburn production maintained at 5,660 boe
-
1,300 boe net to Strike Oil

pedro.nz
01-01-2009, 11:47 AM
pedro.nz WOR L

bermuda
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Yogi,
Thanks for your offer. It has made me think. I had my 5 picks all sorted out but I must admit SEC cant be expected to do all this hard work all the time. Well done SEC and Yogi I will put my thinking cap on.

I have 5 possibilities which I would have entered

A. 100 Bagger. High risk but in the UCG field.
B. 30 Bagger. Medium risk but risk all the same.
C. 4 Bagger. Foregone conclusion
D. 3 Bagger . Foregone conclusion but with more 2010 potential
E. 3 Bagger but needs oil to go to $70/bbl.

Will let you know by deadline date.

Happy New Year.

Crypto Crude
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Yogi,
I'll take CUE....

5 words,
diversified exploration, development, appraisal, production...

thanks yogi
:cool:
.^sc

Huang Chung
01-01-2009, 02:53 PM
huang chung PDZ L

First non-energy related pick of the comp.

Trading at 1/20th of it's highs. News expected soon regarding high grade zinc/lead/silver resource. Vanadium potential could be the wildcard.

Fairly cashed up for a junior as well.

Not expecting much from it in the early running, but hopefully this filly will prove to be a stayer and come home strong.

macduffy
01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
macduffy CXC L

Rather convoluted reasoning here!
I expect gold/silver to do well in coming months as the world becomes more disillusioned with a heavily inflated USD.
I'd be happy with a good gold stock but wouldn't know where to start sorting them out.
CXC is the biggest primary silver producer in the world. A lot of by-product producers are/will be either limiting or ceasing production of their copper/zinc/lead etc and with it, their silver. Silver will remain in demand for industrial purposes.
One of these days the physical demand for silver will overcome the manipulation of the PoS via "paper silver".( OK, so that's more hope than conviction!)
The Gold/silver price ratio is due for adjustment in favour of silver.

Thanks, paul, and SEC!

Financially dependant
01-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Thought I might as well put my mouth were my money is :D!

financially dependant VPE L

Resistance becoming support would be great news indeed and the kind of foundation the VPE sp needs to kick on. All the fundamentals seem in place, share register looking great, threat of a takeover looming and further CSG consolidation in progress. Money in the bank with increasing production and a higher oil price in 2009

Skol
01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
skol CLH L

Australia's leading receivables manager.
Chart seems to have turned northwards.
Good dividend yield.
Worst recession since great depression?

morv
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I will go with NZO
Regards, Morv

morv NZO L

airedale
01-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Yogi, what is the significance of the letter L after the stock code?

Crypto Crude
01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
whoops,
I dont want to be left out of this one...
Im picking

shrewd crude CUE L....
.^sc

Taijon
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
taijon HGO L

Hillgrove has been beaten to hell. Current SP doesn't even equate to its 20+% holding in coal seam gas company ESG, and ascribes no value to its mineral resource sites.

AMR
01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
amr CXC L

Silver looks like it has broken upwards from a base, the stock itself has done a reverse head and shoulders pattern. Three bagger perhaps?

The Big Ease
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
the big ease HTI L

market cap of 4 mill.
lots of high value (multi-million dollar) contracts under negotiation.
multiple pilots running at the moment.
high margin projections.

cons: enough cash left for just over a couple of quarters. long lead time to negotiate contracts.

shasta
02-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Yogi/Paul

Can you please clarify the rules regarding selecting the same stock as another participant?

I see Macduffy & AMR have both selected "CXC"

Cheers

Huang Chung
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Yogi/Paul

Can you please clarify the rules regarding selecting the same stock as another participant?

I see Macduffy & AMR have both selected "CXC"

Cheers

Once the competition closes, I hope you can provide a bit of astroanalysis of how you see the picks shaping up for the year ahead Paul.

scorp57
02-01-2009, 01:10 AM
scorp57 BOW L

Great company. Great management, and we are all well informed thanks to captain B. The bounce has already begun actually...

cheers guys. lets hope we have a better year than 08

ELYOB
02-01-2009, 03:27 AM
elyob TSV L .............I wana win and if only given one stock , this is a wild card . Refer all to latest presentations by TSV and Latent Petro . Alcoa in this big time . They will need the year to work through their programme .

mark100
02-01-2009, 03:38 AM
mark100 AOE L

Assuming I am allowed to pick AOE as shasta has already picked it before me (good pick shasta!)

AOE is cashed up ith Shell money, reserves increasing, production increasing, high chance of corporate action etc. Valued at a EV/Reserve multiple well under what recent takeovers have been at

bermuda
02-01-2009, 07:47 AM
mark100 AOE L

Assuming I am allowed to pick AOE as shasta has already picked it before me (good pick shasta!)

AOE is cashed up ith Shell money, reserves increasing, production increasing, high chance of corporate action etc. Valued at a EV/Reserve multiple well under what recent takeovers have been at

Mark,Shasta,

How could you possibly pick AOE after Yogi ( the competition organiser ) has given it the thumbs down?? ( see Arrow file and Yogi comment )

AOE is one of my favorites but I dont hold.

woomera
02-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi all. Happy new year

woomera OEX L

Oilex is seriously undervalued & is very beaten down atm. However it is now cashed up & has production at Cambay India which will be ramped up over the year. There will be additional oil production from Indonesia & probably from Oman (if they can get a good flow from the heavy oil discoveries). They have lots of exploration interests that can be farmed out for a carried interest & management have done it all before with Cairn.

regards
woomera

mark100
02-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Mark,Shasta,

How could you possibly pick AOE after Yogi ( the competition organiser ) has given it the thumbs down?? ( see Arrow file and Yogi comment )

bermuda, no disrespect to yogi here but in the 2008 comp at the end of November yogi was -63%. So astrologly is obviously not the only game in town. I'll stick with AOE. Its current fundamentals and technicals are looking better then they are for many other stocks.

CAM
02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
cam AGS L

My Uranium pick
Low price at the moment. Maybe a year too early but could come with a late run.
China ramping up its nuclear power plants

shasta
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Mark,Shasta,

Bermuda

AOE fundamentally stacks up, has cash (no debt), & is technically starting to behave :cool:

I'll wait & see if the stargazers & tea leaf readers are right or not!

robjb5
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
One of Paul's favourites.......CTP

yogi-in-oz
02-01-2009, 12:38 PM
One of Paul's favourites.......CTP

Hi Robjb5,

CTP ..... management is definitely not on my Christmas card list, but
we cannot ignore some very strong and positive time cycles for CTP
in 2009 ... in fact, it should be a big winner ..... and so, CTP is my tip
in the ASF tipping competition, for 2009 ..... !~!

have a great day

paul

P.S. ..... get your entries in for the 2009 tipping challenge ... DO IT NOW ... !~! ... :)

=====

lissica
02-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I would pick AOE too as it's one of our biggest holdings on the ASX.

But I won't. Because everyone else is.

So:

lissica VMG L

VDM group is a civil/structural engineering, contract and project management group. I think it was way oversold at a PE of just over 2 and dividend yield of almost 20%. Most of the contracts were locked in for 2008/2009, and I'm hoping that things will pick up in 2010.

impacman
02-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi all, happy new year. :)

impacman CUV L

Been in this one for about 4 years now and it appears this is the year it either performs or goes the way of many of the biotechs out there. An educated punt - only time will tell and I'm pretty sure it will be this year.

airedale
02-01-2009, 02:40 PM
airedale CAH L

Only one shot at the bull allowed. There are so many tempting oilers and resource stocks to choose from, BUT gold looks good next year also.
Catalpa Resources is getting good drilling results in WA and if/when they start mining they will benefit from the rising POG. Price less than 4 cents.......so maximum leverage possible.

http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr105/airedale99/?action=view&current=CATALPARESOURCESCAH.png

Brut
02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
brut CFE L

Approx $240 million cash in bank (plus another $80 million pending) with market cap of only $80 million at present. So trading at approx 36% of cash backing.

Also, the possible sale of Cape Lambert South in the future

the machine
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks yogi

the machine KAS L

with only 1 pick then have to aim high to win and an oiler will not accomplish that.

need at least a 500% gain to have any chance - thus kasbah with their tin and gold

hopefully tin has bottomed so can only go up and as regards gold, they should start some follow up with on the highgrade gold prospect in second half 2009 - top grade was 85gm per tonne fromold drills.

all the best M

Serpie
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
serpie IMD L

Happy New Year everyone!

OutToLunch
02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
out to lunch MAK L

Minemakers are sitting on Australia's largest undeveloped rock phosphate deposit and, all going well with their hopes of finding direct shipping ore, plan to be in production by the end of this year, otherwise 2010. Aiming to ship 3 mtpa to start with with ramp up to double that in future years. Current rock phosphate prices, if maintained, offer a gross margin in the order of 200US/tonne so potentially very profitable. RP prices are likely to fall in the short term in line with falling fertiliser prices and lack of credit for farmers, but rise in the medium to long term as food shortages consequently worsen. On the downside, funds are needed and some dilution is likely unless MAK stitch together an offtake agreement with a potential customer (apparently they are receiving a lot of enquiries in this respect), or secure debt funding. Current price 47c after 2008 highs of 295c.

Awamoa
02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
awamoa DRA L

2009 cant be any worse.

bermuda
02-01-2009, 10:53 PM
bermuda TEX L

Laurence Roe has this company perfectly positioned having been successful with 6 out of 9 wells. There is cash in the bank, an improving positive csahflow and big drilling potential. Laurence was with Bounty and was let down by an English partner and had to relinquish their permits in the Great South Basin at the bottom of NZ. This time he has chosen quality partners.

Watch for this share to " Catapult".

This share could go from 3 cents to over $1.00 but as always, the drill bit does the talking. ( otherwise I would have taken VPE...but a 4 bagger wont win this competition. )

Dr_Who
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
bermuda TEX L

I hope you are right, i still have my TEX holding sitting in the bottom draw.

MY PICK is..... wait for it.........................

dr who IRN L

You guys can shout me crayfish dinner end of this year. :D

jeremy b
04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
jeremy b MAK L

On their way to becoming major phosphate producer.

suntboy
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
suntboy PEM L

I can see you all shaking your heads now. I like the way they acknowledged the poor market conditions earlier than most and acted accordingly.
In a year of mergers and acquisitions and quick deaths they will definately not be in the same position as now (one way or another)

disc : have continued to average down and am now at a point where I my next buy would average up!! (getting close to being a top 20 shareholder)

Welcome to Suntland

Bobbyvee
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Bobbyvee TZN L

Sticking to my old favorite Terramin which will respond well if/when the zinc price recovers

ScrappyO
04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
scrappyo HTM L

Long Shot....:D

Cheers Yogi

Xerof
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Xerof NWE L

MadDoc
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
maddoc NXS L

Longtom producing in mid 2009 and Crux potentially MEGA field! Gas prices in Aus and OS will be record prices in 2009 (IMO)

dragonz
04-01-2009, 08:40 PM
dragonz WBC L

Banks will be first to recover share value towards the end of the recession. Westpac/St George is better placed then most.

Dont forget the divies. :D

CAM
05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
cam AGS L

My Uranium pick
Low price at the moment. Maybe a year too early but could come with a late run.
China ramping up its nuclear power plants

sheesh...could have saved the 25% jump until today and got me off to a good start in the comp.!
ah well....thats life...at least I hold it!

trackers
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
trackers CUE L

^ Am I too late? Markets haven't opened yet :) If its all good

Year of the Tiger
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
year of the tiger DYL L

Maybe the time is nigh...???

Hope I'm not too late with this entry.

robjb5
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
For all those entering in Yogi's comp, please refer to the first post on how to record your pick.

poster name (lower case) ASX pick XXX (upper case) & L (upper case)

I've edited a few to comply with Yogi's rules, anymore errors may not be accepted!

Read the instructions carefully please!

Sorry boss, Is my pick valid..

Thumpa
05-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Thumpa AEU L

Ketel One
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
If it's not too late (just got back from holidaying this morning!):

ketel one VPE L

yogi-in-oz
05-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Attention moderators: Please, please, please increase the size of the attachments,
that may be posted to this forum ... in fact, just leave the values blank, as it saves
a lot of hassles ..... 19kb is waaaaaay to small for most charts and tables, like the
tipping competition results, too. Many thanks for your help, in this regard.

Hi folks,

Please find attached ..... the entry list for the Annual Sharetrader Challenge 2009 ..... :)

Please check your entry, in case we have made any errors, on this end.

If you have entered the same stock as another trader,
you will simply share the glory ... if it wins ... !~!

Happy trading to all on Sharetrader, in 2009 ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

shasta
05-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Attention moderators: Please, please, please increase the size of the attachments,
that may be posted to this forum ... in fact, just leave the values blank, as it saves
a lot of hassles ..... 19kb is waaaaaay to small for most charts and tables, like the

Hi folks,

Please find attached ..... the entry list for the Annual Sharetrader Challenge 2009 ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Yogi

Can you double check the AOE start price...

It started at $2.54, not $2.68 (as it finished today down 5c at $2.49)

Thanks

p0ssy
05-01-2009, 09:34 PM
PSA - must be one undervalued stock - 5 bagger at least. If it is not too late.

Pity about not having a sub 0.01c stock on the list - my most promising stock is 0.006c and at the price I have doubled my money already (on paper) in the last few weeks. Any reason for the cut off?

Rif-Raf
05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
If not too late:

Rif-Raf HGO L

Trading around a half of the market value of their main listed investment (ESG), plus other assets for free. CSG sector starting to lift again so good leverage potential with ESG.

impacman
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Hi folks,

have a great day

paul

=====

Hi Paul - thanks for the organisation of the competition. I couldn't read the table as it came up very small and my zoom wouldn't produce enough clarity. Not sure if there is something obvious I can do to rectify from my end? Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

Crypto Crude
07-01-2009, 03:02 AM
shasta-Yogi

Can you double check the AOE start price...

It started at $2.54, not $2.68 (as it finished today down 5c at $2.49)

Thanks

AOE is out of the race anyway...
dont worry about a few cents here or there...
.^sc

shasta
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
AOE is out of the race anyway...
dont worry about a few cents here or there...
.^sc

You're conceding this early in the comp? :D

JBmurc
08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I think who ever wins or even gets into the top 5 will have to have picked a 200% gainer I certainly know for many resource stocks thats not going be that hard after last years smashing

macduffy
08-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I think who ever wins or even gets into the top 5 will have to have picked a 200% gainer I certainly know for many resource stocks thats not going be that hard after last years smashing

Good to see such confidence for 2009!

I guess we wouldn't be in this game if we weren't optimists at heart.

;)

yogi-in-oz
08-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Hi folks,

...... you really need to influence the moderators, to increase the
allowable chart sizes, on Sharetrader forum.

If we cannot get this done, we'll post it elsewhere and provide a link, in this thread.

have a great day

paul

=====

Vince
08-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Giving it a test....

Vince
08-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Hi folks,

...... you really need to influence the moderators, to increase the
allowable chart sizes, on Sharetrader forum.

If we cannot get this done, we'll post it elsewhere and provide a link, in this thread.

have a great day

paul

=====
Paul,

All done, - and image sizing has been increased to way more....

Vince

p0ssy
09-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Oops - just read how I was supposed to post my pick - too late? anyhow

p0ssy PSA L

yogi-in-oz
09-01-2009, 01:46 AM

So, let's try it again, folks ..... !~!

Many thanks for your efforts, Vince ..... much appreciated by all, here .... :)

.... but there's still a problem with .gif and .jpg files ... the physical dimensions are
too small ... as, when we click on the thumbnail, it opens smaller than the size of
the thumbnail pic ... maybe,delete the limits on the "Max Width" and "Max Height", altogether ???

..... posted pdf file seems open up, O.K.

Entries attached, in file below.

have a great day

paul

=====

colinm_au
09-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Is it still possible to enter ?

colinm_au UOS L

Good luck to all investors in the coming year (We may need it !)

impacman
09-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks Paul - PDF was perfect.:)

brettdale
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
NSL is my pick, if they raise their 25 Mil cap then it will be stock of the year.

moimoi
13-01-2009, 04:34 PM
moimoi AGS L

the machine
16-01-2009, 11:07 PM
our stock finally had a trade today -up a whopping 3%

just need another 497% gain to have any chance in this come dec

M

the machine
30-01-2009, 12:15 AM
after our tip - kasbah - issued quarterly report today then by years end would be very dissappointed if only a 500% gain.

M

yogi-in-oz
31-01-2009, 04:18 PM

Hi folks,

Annual Sharetrader Challenge 2009 ..... :)

..... results at the close on 30012009 are attached, below.

Late starters were penalised 10% on the starting price,
in the first week, after the official close and 20% on the
starting price in the second week, after the official close .....

..... entries to the 2009 Challenge are now closed.

have a great weekend

paul

Year of the Tiger
31-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Hi folks,

Late starters were penalised 10% on the starting price,
in the first week, after the official close and 20% on the
starting price in the second week, after the official close .....

..... entries to the 2009 Challenge are now closed.

have a great weekend

paul

So take that!!!!! :D

Seriously though, thanks Paul.

YOTT

impacman
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks Paul

yogi-in-oz
28-02-2009, 10:46 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 27022009 are attached, below.

have a great weekend

paul

=====

mark100
01-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the update yogi. I see shasta and I have both picked AOE yet we have different starting prices?

yogi-in-oz
01-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the update yogi. I see shasta and I have both picked AOE yet we have different starting prices?

..... yes mate, i made a mistake ... correcting one and not the other ... will fix
it next time around.

have a great day

paul

=====

mark100
01-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks yogi

the machine
16-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 27022009 are attached, below.

have a great weekend

paul

=====

we have now bought a significant stake in my entry which pushed increase to over 80% and have left mr market to decide the price heading towards march 31 update.

still think a 500% gain will be needed to crack a top 3 spot come dec 31

M

yogi-in-oz
01-04-2009, 04:05 AM

Hi folks,

Annual Sharetrader Challenge 2009 .....

..... results at the close on 31032009 are attached, below.

happy easter

paul

=====

the machine
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
burmuda, your tex pick now subject to a takeover

regards

m

bermuda
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM
burmuda, your tex pick now subject to a takeover

regards

m

Hi Machine,
Have just got back from the Aussie Oil annd Gas conference. Dont like the sound of this TEX takeover.It smells. Will have to make contact with L. Roe. Will post a summary of my findings.

Great to see Bow actively pursuing their targets. This company gets on with the job.
Cheers

the machine
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Machine,
Have just got back from the Aussie Oil annd Gas conference. Dont like the sound of this TEX takeover.It smells. Will have to make contact with L. Roe. Will post a summary of my findings.

Great to see Bow actively pursuing their targets. This company gets on with the job.
Cheers

per chance did ppp crack a mention at the conference?

can't see ppp doing a lot in next few months.

have recently sold 100,000 of my ppp to buy a heap of my pick in this comp - KASBAH

regards

M

bermuda
16-04-2009, 11:29 AM
per chance did ppp crack a mention at the conference?

can't see ppp doing a lot in next few months.

have recently sold 100,000 of my ppp to buy a heap of my pick in this comp - KASBAH

regards

M

Hi Machine,
Spoke to DS and suggested they make a total takeover which makes absolute sense to me. As always DS gave nothing away. A perfect fit imho. And it would ignite NZO who also have Kupe coming on stream plus more Tui drills. Got to be good for both PPP and NZO.

the machine
16-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Machine,
Spoke to DS and suggested they make a total takeover which makes absolute sense to me. As always DS gave nothing away. A perfect fit imho. And it would ignite NZO who also have Kupe coming on stream plus more Tui drills. Got to be good for both PPP and NZO.

thanks for update

M

yogi-in-oz
01-05-2009, 12:59 AM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30042009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Huang Chung
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks Yogi

Nice to be in the top ten for a change. Mind you, PDZ fell a cent today, so that probably drops me down quite a bit.

Interesting to see Bermuda isn't sharing the glory with BOW.

airedale
01-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Good work, Yogi, nice format, easy to access.

Xerof
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I feel a Kiwi-esque like Melbourne Cup run coming......

yeah right

the machine
01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
thanks yogi

my aim is to be in the top 5 real soon

[but i will not push my picks sp up by buying to make it happen]

M

bermuda
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM
thanks yogi

my aim is to be in the top 5 real soon

[but i will not push my picks sp up by buying to make it happen]

M

Hi The Machine,
My aim is to win the thing. Oh how I wish it had been a 5 pick combo. But SEC did a great job.Thanks SEC.
I picked TEX and got catapulted. Even then, I still got a chance. This thing is worth way more.

the machine
01-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi The Machine,
My aim is to win the thing. Oh how I wish it had been a 5 pick combo. But SEC did a great job.Thanks SEC.
I picked TEX and got catapulted. Even then, I still got a chance. This thing is worth way more.

dec 31 is what counts and yes my aim is to win it - ideally about sept and everyone else gives up

m

bermuda
02-05-2009, 12:02 AM
dec 31 is what counts and yes my aim is to win it - ideally about sept and everyone else gives up

m

I still have got a chance to win even though I got catapulted! ) and will be very disappointed if I am not in the top ten.

One bullet may not strike, speaking of which have a look at STX, Strike Oil. Great name, but better chances.

JBmurc
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I still have got a chance to win even though I got catapulted! ) and will be very disappointed if I am not in the top ten.

One bullet may not strike, speaking of which have a look at STX, Strike Oil. Great name, but better chances.

yes I think STX will put me in the top 10 come dec31 maybe even top 5

suntboy
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Geepers the way PEM has gone in the last week or two (13c to 43c ) I should win by a mile
You gotta laugh about the fact there has been no news and more importantly no speeding tickets WTF

Welcome to Suntland

MadDoc
09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Yogi,

I seem to have been dropped off! I have NXS (bah!!!) that has beed suspended trading - but hey there's still 7 months to go. Can i be put back on

thanks

Mad Doc

suntboy
24-05-2009, 09:15 PM
cant believe no one picked URA ( used to be such a popular thread )
they would surely be in the top half dozen

shasta
24-05-2009, 09:28 PM
cant believe no one picked URA ( used to be such a popular thread )
they would surely be in the top half dozen

With URA's overnight change of direction & lack of funds, the SP is only heading down, god knows why it's gone up...:eek:

My pick of AOE is looking solid, & i should have bought them sub $2 when they were so obvious :rolleyes:

drillfix
29-05-2009, 01:13 PM
With URA's overnight change of direction & lack of funds, the SP is only heading down, god knows why it's gone up...:eek:

My pick of AOE is looking solid, & i should have bought them sub $2 when they were so obvious :rolleyes:

I hope somebody bombs the AGM (prior to people attending).

To keep this thread on its rails,
I will pull one out of my hat and say ADX

I dont usually enter comps as there is no point for me as I have already lost just about everything else :rolleyes:

yogi-in-oz
30-05-2009, 02:41 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 29052009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

the machine
30-05-2009, 10:09 PM
thanks yogi

my pick kasbah are having a 1:1 issue to fund 15,000m of diamond drilling with objective upgrade 1-2mt of inferred tin @ 0.9% to indicated.

thus june/july will be a bit limp in the sp, until drill results start coming through.

sept - end of comp could be very positive for kasbah

M

Year of the Tiger
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 29052009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

Thanks Paul
Wow, the view sure looks good from up here on top... :D

I guess the reaching the top is not so much the hard part; staying there will be a bigger challenge. :o

Cheers all,

YOTT

airedale
01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks, Yogi, CAH still running hard.....up another 10% today. But not counting the golden chicks until the end of the year.

yogi-in-oz
30-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30062009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

scorp57
01-07-2009, 12:28 AM
nice 5th with BOW

Huang Chung
01-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Cheers Paul ;)

shasta
01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Cheers Paul ;)

I see PDZ & TZN doing well...

I take back the "Zinc Nutters" comment from a while ago :D

Serpie
02-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Good work Paul. Thanks for taking the time to run this.

ELYOB
15-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Paul ,

I know how fast these stocks can deflate , TSV for one . Hope you come out of the SHELL with the far reach....

G~!

yogi-in-oz
27-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Paul ,

I know how fast these stocks can deflate , TSV for one . Hope you come out of the SHELL with the far reach....

G~!

..... FAR sure is looking good right now, G ... !~!

happy days

paul

=====

yogi-in-oz
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 31072009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great weekend

paul

=====

shasta
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi folks,

have a great weekend

paul

=====

Cheers for the update Paul, great work ;)

Encouraging to see approx half the entrants are up > 50% :eek:

the machine
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Hi folks,

have a great weekend

paul

=====

thanks yogi

still up 33% even after quantity of stock doubled

M

bermuda
04-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Shrewdy,
You are still behind me!
But in the last few days you have surged ahead. Want to have a free night at the Johnny Carson bar? Best August performance wins. Are you on?

CUE versus TEX

May they both go well.

PS I will put a few $$$ on beating you at tennis any time. I am happy to publish the result.

Crypto Crude
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Bermuda,
Im looking forward to that night...

Im not sure about a bet with you though...
I always lose...:D....

I did pick TEX for the HC monthly share picking comp, based on Snapper A-3 likely to come in IMO...
extend it until 20th Sept, to give me a chance with Manaia and you are on....

Tennis next week?
.^sc

bermuda
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Bermuda,
Im looking forward to that night...

Im not sure about a bet with you though...
I always lose...:D....

I did pick TEX for the HC monthly share picking comp, based on Snapper A-3 likely to come in IMO...
extend it until 20th Sept, to give me a chance with Manaia and you are on....

Tennis next week?
.^sc
Shrewdy,
Game on next Thursday 13 September., bring your best racket. You will need it. 4.30pm.

As for CUE versus TEX we are both drilling appraisal wells. If Snapper 3 comes in, TEX could go woosh.
Cue will get a lift from Manaia but their big lift will come in 2010.
Go hit some balls. You need all the practice you can get.
Cheers

bermuda
17-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Shrewdy,
You are still behind me!
But in the last few days you have surged ahead. Want to have a free night at the Johnny Carson bar? Best August performance wins. Are you on?

CUE versus TEX

May they both go well.

PS I will put a few $$$ on beating you at tennis any time. I am happy to publish the result.
Hey Shrewdy, thanks for the tennis. I was pretty sore too. I think I may have the better of you in August.......... but up 23% and 28% aint bad eh? ( for less than a month ) If only we could do it month in and month out. My graph shows some huge ups and downs! But , if you have the time and believe in the story, then this CSG is only about 15% down the track.

I think TEX has got a lot more in the tank. And so has CUE.

Crypto Crude
24-08-2009, 05:10 PM
FAR got really smashed today...
The competition is wide open again...
whos going to win?
Come on CUE...
you can do it...
.^sc

the machine
24-08-2009, 09:53 PM
whos going to win?
Come on CUE...
you can do it...
.^sc

noticed FAR lucked out with Shell no buyin - thats bad luck for Paul.

As regards Cue, they would have to still go up a long way to have any chance.

Still think a 500% gain will be needed to win.

m

Crypto Crude
24-08-2009, 10:04 PM
the machine,
anything is possible...
CUE is worth that...
;)
.^sc

the machine
24-08-2009, 10:14 PM
the machine,
anything is possible...
CUE is worth that...
;)
.^sc

maybe so, but its what mr market think come end dec

put a buy order in for a few thousand @ $1 at that time and it might help your prospects

M

yogi-in-oz
26-08-2009, 02:27 AM
whos going to win?
Come on CUE...
you can do it...
.^sc

... don't write off FAR just yet ... it's due for another run up,
in the last 6 weeks of 2009, as well ... !~!

happy trading

paul

Huang Chung
29-08-2009, 12:14 AM
PDZ is having a monster month :).

the machine
30-08-2009, 12:10 AM
alas, my tip kasbah will probably not do much on monday [in time for august results] and instead hang around the 50-55% gain.

reason being they are making a presentation on thursday at the Africa Down Under Conference, thus all the good news will be saved up.

still aiming for a top 5 finish come dec

M

JBmurc
30-08-2009, 09:42 AM
my STX pick close to 100% up needs to reach 29c-27c atm am confindent I'll make the top 10 this year
wish I picked PEN now though could well be 300%+ by years end top 5

good to see my other holding CFE IRN be up well tis month aswell.

Huang Chung
30-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Machine, JB...I'm also looking for a podium position. Good to see so many confident in their picks.

JBmurc
30-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Machine, JB...I'm also looking for a podium position. Good to see so many confident in their picks.

Yeah could well of be a really good year for me if we'd done the four picks like in the past. makes it real hard to pick only one.

the machine
31-08-2009, 09:42 PM
stuck on 66% gain as tip finished @ 5c - bring on sept 30 where should be 100% gain

interested how many posters have backed their tip with buying shares in the tip

M

Huang Chung
31-08-2009, 11:54 PM
interested how many posters have backed their tip with buying shares in the tip

M

I'm up to my eyeballs in my pick Machine....which makes its comeback performance that much more enjoyable :D.

the machine
01-09-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm up to my eyeballs in my pick Machine....which makes its comeback performance that much more enjoyable :D.

HC, pdz 07/08 chart looks scary - hope you did not buy at that time

M

Huang Chung
01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Held it all the way down Machine....:eek::(:eek::(:eek:

Now looking to ride it back up...:):rolleyes::):rolleyes::)

yogi-in-oz
01-09-2009, 09:29 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 31082009 are attached, below .....

have a great day

paul

=====

the machine
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Held it all the way down Machine....:eek::(:eek::(:eek:

Now looking to ride it back up...:):rolleyes::):rolleyes::)

kasbah chart looks very similar and I held 20,000 all the way down as well, since replaced with a lot more at a cheap entry cost

M

airedale
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Thank,Paul for keeping score. I marked my place as this months top scorer by buying another 110,000 CAH. Look out for an 1 for 11 consolidation in CAH coming up later in the year.

drillfix
23-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I cannot remember or not if I have entered into this, or have put forward a company or not.

Which year is this comp for???? LOL :p

Put me down for CXY at this stage ok ;)

yogi-in-oz
03-10-2009, 01:52 AM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30092009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

the machine
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
good stuff yogi

dow correction mostly after close sept 30 yet kasbah still moved up since.
first infill drill results due soon and that will help sp along [provided positive news]

M

Huang Chung
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Yogi ;).

PDZ is giving me a top 10 position in the yearly comp, yet I totally bombed out with it in Shrewdies September comp.

drillfix
13-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks Yogi ;).

PDZ is giving me a top 10 position in the yearly comp, yet I totally bombed out with it in Shrewdies September comp.

Well done HC and well done to the many others too.

I never even made it into the top 50, although Im not even sure if I posted or not :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Ahh well, when does the next one start?

Can we also maybe make the next one a 3 way pick and then take the average from all gains with hypothetical say $20,000 investment?

This would sure spice up the choice selection of those who go long.

yogi-in-oz
31-10-2009, 02:29 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30102009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great weekend

paul

=====

shasta
31-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30102009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great weekend

paul

=====

Thanks for the update Yogi, great work.

Good to see 30/46 doing better than 50%, & 18 with 100%+

It's been a very nice rebound, will it continue...:rolleyes:

airedale
01-11-2009, 04:07 PM
I have made up a little spreadsheet showing the the first three leaders for the year to date. How can I attach it or copy it to this thread?:confused:

shasta
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Yogi, what is the significance of the letter L after the stock code?

With the quick message feature at the bottom of the page, click "Go Advanced".

There is a manage attachments function there

Good luck

airedale
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Yogi, I saved it on microsoft works and it is a .wdb file, but that is not an option on the manage files" tab.:mad:

shasta
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi Yogi, I saved it on microsoft works and it is a .wdb file, but that is not an option on the manage files" tab.:mad:

Try saving it as either a .txt file or as a .csv file.

A .csv file can be converted into a .txt file

airedale
25-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Try saving it as either a .txt file or as a .csv file.

A .csv file can be converted into a .txt file

Thanks, Shasta, but after some frustration I have put the project into my recycle bin. Just as well that I am not running the competition.:o

airedale
27-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Last month's front runner CAH has just done a 1 for 11 consolidation, and is trading as CAHDA.

yogi-in-oz
02-12-2009, 03:05 AM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30112009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

airedale
03-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for keeping score,Yogi. It has so far been a good year for gold...CAH, oil/csg....BOW, uranium has also done well, and a late run by copper...IRN.
CAH has featured in the top three, nine times.
BOW has featured in the top three, seven times.
DYL.....uranium, five times.

bermuda
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for keeping score,Yogi. It has so far been a good year for gold...CAH, oil/csg....BOW, uranium has also done well, and a late run by copper...IRN.
CAH has featured in the top three, nine times.
BOW has featured in the top three, seven times.
DYL.....uranium, five times.

Thanks Yogi and congrats Airedale on a stella performance. I hope you had the brains to keep hold of this one. lol. Must have made you a fortune. Well done. Tried to get past you with TEX but needed a Catapult. Highway 71 could still give it a rattle.

Well done to all over 15%. Commiserations to the tailenders.

ScrappyO
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks Yogi and congrats Airedale on a stella performance. I hope you had the brains to keep hold of this one. lol. Must have made you a fortune. Well done. Tried to get past you with TEX but needed a Catapult. Highway 71 could still give it a rattle.

Well done to all over 15%. Commiserations to the tailenders.

Still a month to go....GO HTM!

airedale
15-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Last month's front runner CAH has just done a 1 for 11 consolidation, and is trading as CAHDA.

Hi Yogi,
Catalpa has completed the deal with Lion Selection and is trading again as
CAH.

the machine
16-12-2009, 02:16 AM
with about 9 trading days left my pick is making a late run into top 15 - sitting at 110% now but may end year a bit higher - just depends if more news comes out.

present drill AD32 to confirm continuity between AD20 and AD31 should just about be complete, but question is will results be out by years end.
AD31 had an exceptionally high grade of 1m @ 6% tin which is huge [part of a 30m tin world class bearing lode]

M

Taijon
16-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Hi Yogi

HGO paid a maiden dividend of 1 cent per share fully franked on 6 October 2009 and a further dividend of 1 cent per share fully franked on 30 November 2009. These divies won't propel me into first place but every little bit helps!!!!!!

Thanks for running the competition. Good fun.

the machine
31-12-2009, 07:10 PM
might have cracked the top 10 after a late run

M

bermuda
31-12-2009, 10:33 PM
might have cracked the top 10 after a late run

M

I will be about 15th with TEX due to an unbelievable failed takeover that absolutely decimated the SP. Would love this competition to revert back to 5 picks. But that is a lot of hard work.

Happy New Year everyone.....from Wanaka....blowing a mini gale.

yogi-in-oz
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Hi folks,

..... final results at the close on 31122009 are attached, below ..... :)

Happy New Year 2010

paul

=====

shasta
01-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Hi folks,

..... final results at the close on 31122009 are attached, below ..... :)

Happy New Year 2010

paul

=====

Thanks for all your work doing this Paul, cheers :cool:

Well done Suntboy with PEM :eek:

18/46 ended up 100%+ (top 6 200%+)

38/46 ended up positive

Roll on 2010!

airedale
01-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for running the Comp., Yogi, and well done to jockey Suntboy for a good late run to the winning post on the back of PEM:)

the machine
01-01-2010, 11:01 PM
thanks yogi.

m

Huang Chung
01-01-2010, 11:58 PM
PEM...who'd have ever guessed???

Well done Suntboy.

Personally very disappointed in my pick, PDZ, as I backed it for real, big time. It still could be a stock to watch in the future, but, not for the moment.

bermuda
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Congrats Suntboy. Well done to anyone over 30%. And thanks Yogi for your efforts. I know there isnt a comp this year but I would have picked TEX, VPE, ITC, BOW and BUL with WCL as a reserve.

If someone could organise a five stock comp it would be fun. Alas, I am hopeless with computers. We could have opening bell Jan 5 as the cut off.
Anyone else interested?

Corporate
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Congrats Suntboy. Well done to anyone over 30%. And thanks Yogi for your efforts. I know there isnt a comp this year but I would have picked TEX, VPE, ITC, BOW and BUL with WCL as a reserve.

If someone could organise a five stock comp it would be fun. Alas, I am hopeless with computers. We could have opening bell Jan 5 as the cut off.
Anyone else interested?

I'd be in. But unfortunately I'm on holiday and don't have the time to organise.

pedro.nz
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for your efforts Paul and congrats to you Suntboy. Hope you were holding a wad of PEM - I see it is still trending in the right direction.

I was more than happy with my pick in real terms as well last year.
My wish is for AOE to hit at least $5:00+ sometime this year...

Cheers and a happy new year to you all.
:):)

the machine
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
1 more trading day and would have knocked serpie out of 10th position, as kasbah up 166% from jan 1 09

happy new year to all

M

Serpie
09-01-2010, 11:22 PM
1 more trading day and would have knocked serpie out of 10th position, as kasbah up 166% from jan 1 09

My pick (IMD) tumbled during December (it was up 235% at one stage!) so I was lucky to stay in the top 10. I've taken it again this year, so I'm hoping it will continue it's run in 2010.

Dr_Who
27-02-2010, 08:02 AM

Hi folks,

..... results at the close on 30112009 are attached, below ..... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

WOW ... what a year 2009 has been!

Nerve racking, but yet could be profitable for the brave.

Cheers mate.

STRAT
27-02-2010, 09:39 AM
WOW ... what a year 2009 has been!

Nerve racking, but yet could be profitable for the brave.

Cheers mate.Could br profitable Doc? It was done and dusted 2 months ago :D

ps did you get my PM?