PDA

View Full Version : Super chart 1 and 3 months period.

forest
20-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello, I noticed the following and wondering if I missed something. I am quite new at this staring at charts so it would be great if somebody could help me out.

I just looked at the super chart for CBA (au).

1 month period the way I read it shows a buy (red collums above the zero line),
and the 3 month period I see as a sell (red collums below the zero line).

Isn't the last month in the 3 month period supposed to be the same as the graph in the 1 month period except a little less detaild.

Thanks forrest.

STRAT
22-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello, I noticed the following and wondering if I missed something. I am quite new at this staring at charts so it would be great if somebody could help me out.

I just looked at the super chart for CBA (au).

1 month period the way I read it shows a buy (red collums above the zero line),
and the 3 month period I see as a sell (red collums below the zero line).

Isn't the last month in the 3 month period supposed to be the same as the graph in the 1 month period except a little less detaild.

Thanks forrest.You got me forrest :confused:
Where are these charts and can you post a sample?

forest
22-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok,have not done this before but I think I managed to attach the charts.

Forest

forest
22-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Good to know it was not me being srewed up. I will make DB aware of this.

Cheers

Forest

forest
23-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Just realised that the same inconsistensy appears with FBU and SAN. Had a talk to DB, person I talked to seems a bit puzzled but said he will get back to me.

Forest.

STRAT
24-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Yup Forrest. No matter what time frame you use both moving averages always start at zero. This is quite misleading.

Forrest I suggest you download Incredible Charts. The free version is very good. As long as you can get up to date data from your trading platform the one day delay isnt much of a problem. I just add current data in manually. The super charts on DB is only the most basic anyway with little interactive capability

Julian if you are looking at this another thing which is quite irritating :eek:
When opening super charts for an ASX stock the Super chart window defaults to NZX and tells you the stock doesnt exist. One has to re enter the Index code to see the chart. Two takes every time.

forest
24-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks Strat, I will have a look at incredible charts.

Forest

JulianG
27-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks all.

We and me really appreciate this. I've been staring at this thinking it's about time we planned an upgrade of the charting.

We're about to roll out some new stuff over the next couple of months (you'll know when I can say) so this can form part of what we look at afterward.

forest
27-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Look forwards to the upgrade Julian, if you ever need somebody to test a trial version I'll be happy to give it a go :-)